Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

3.9/5 (729 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Zillow.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: July 6, 2021

Amazing and professional work done by Elena and her team. Lots to learn from her in today’s market. She was able to find a house for us based on our needs in a quickly manner. I truly recommend her at anytime if you need an agent.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I submitted an offer to Zillow on one of their homes last Friday. The offer was initially declined but when my agent asked them to counter the offer, they called back and accepted it since the house was on the market for a while. The only change they had was the Earnest money had to be submitted to the Zillow attorney and not per the original offer. My real estate agent asked them to submit the information and I would forward the Earnest money. The next day, my agent called back and asked them to submit the ACH information so we could proceed with the sale. Again, Zillow confirmed with my agent verbally and via email that the offer was accepted and I would have the information the following Monday.

In between that time and Monday morning, they accepted another offer from a buyer and sold the house that was agreed upon via email and verbally (in Georgia, a verbal agreement is valid). When confronted, Zillow's response was we had poor communication internally and 'sorry'. This is unacceptable and bad practice. My agent has reported this to her legal department and is notifying the state. If at all possible, avoid buying a Zillow home. The same thing may happen to you also.

Original review: May 31, 2021

I signed up with Zillow right after I received my license, Ryann was helping me find zip codes. Though the zip code I bought into was not an area I knew I did receive 12 calls; though the people had no money to buy. I was done. So I told Ryan I was not going to buy any more zip codes. Ryan gave my account to Amanda, who talked me into buying 77070, I signed up in May and no calls and the one person who did call had an agent, second person to call I met, he definitely was not looking for a home to buy. I asked for a refund and they declined. I asked my CC to get my refund and they said I didn't fill out the cancel my account on their form. What form, last zip code I canceled Ryan refunded it with a text. This is definitely a scam internet company who needs to be shut down and I will make sure they are. 692.00 for one month of no referrals. I am a struggling new agent; shame on them.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I am a California Licensed Broker and have compared Zillow's "Zestimates" to real world MLS comps. Zillow is typically way off. For my own house they say it's market value is approximately 50% of actual value. Their algorithms don't seem to have the ability to take into account similar properties, square footage, views, garage space, etc. On a property I manage, Zillow's "Zestimate" is approximately 20% higher than actual sales. I have submitted actual data to them twice. It's ignored. My opinion is Zillow's "Zestimates" are a joke!

Original review: May 13, 2021

I am a Combat Veteran was buying a home and the agent said to sign the contract. One hour later she says the home was sold in CASH. Not good business and being Professional at all. I really liked the home, not only that she sent in the contract late going for $ 214,500. My banker told her we will give you 221,500 and that will cover the closing cost and my maximum offer was $250,000 and still lost the home!!!

Original review: May 8, 2021

I tried the Zillow application option, where I pay them and they pull your credit and background to make applying easy. A waste of money, owners don't view them even when they have the option to apply. Save your money and go straight to the renter agent. They all charged their own fees. Even the one (only one mind you) that opened the application contacted me to pay for their separate fees. A big money grab scam. I hope this at least saves someone else the trouble. I couldn't get a refund from Zillow so now I am going to my bank to try and get refund for misrepresentation.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I listed my home with Zillow. It took me a lot of time to to make the ad for my house for sale by owner. Zillow then added a walkthrough video from the old agent that sold us the house with his phone number on it. They never called me back. I called six times to tell them to remove it. They still have not taken my ad down off their site. I have no chance on selling my house because it doesn't look anything like that old video. Zillow used to be for the homeowner now they just try to forward your house to a broker in any way shape or form that they can. Do not sell by for sale by owner on Zillow!!!!

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have been trying to list my home FSBO for several days. I have messaged them 3 different times and not one response!! They do not provide the services they claim to! Very disappointed!! I have entered the listing several times and still NOTHING has been listed by Zillow! It continues to show ‘off market’.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have used Zillow for years and they were great! I gave them many positive reviews! Not now! I have been trying to list my home for 3 STRAIGHT DAYS NOW and cannot! They had a phone number before for help but they have changed the phone number and no help, no phone call back, NOTHING. I cannot believe how wonderful they USED to be but nothing now. They lie and say you will receive an automated phone callback. They used to do this. I would avoid ZILLOW NOW. You will be wasting your time. They must be under new management now. Very sad.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The only way to get a semi-decent Zestimate is to submit numerous photos of your home (inside and outside). This is an invasion of privacy. It is a great tool for burglars to figure out how to rob your home. If you exclude photos of the inside of your home, your home will have a lower Zestimate than comparable home in your neighborhood.

Zillow.com Company Information