1.18/5

463 Zillow.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

No words for these silver tongued devils! They promise great results and to provide exclusive leads. I keep finding out that other agents are working the same leads that are supposedly my exclusive leads. I have paid an incredible amount of money to these leeches only to have ZERO dollars in return. If agents would quit paying ZILLOW to take our inventory that we create and sell the leads back to us they would go away. It’s beyond comprehension how NAR, KAR and local MLS systems even have allowed this interloper to come in. ZILLOW is not a good investment for Realtors.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Be prepared for a nightmare when trying to edit your listing, or be froze out from claiming your listing altogether. These people have not responded to our continuous pleas for help to try to rectify the situation. I would give them a zero rating if possible. **.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: May 8, 2018

I try to sell my home by owner and the site keeps messing up. I can't log in. I can't edit. I try to contact them yet they did nothing and can't even get my home off the site. Now am getting sick here. Terrible how they treat people. Don't know why they have a site if they can't fix their errors and help people.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I've checked homes on Zillow that are for sale or for rent and the days the property has been listed in the market is very incorrect... one house I visited I spoke to neighbors and they are telling me otherwise... one house posted on the market for 29 days, when I found out the previous owner had been out for 9 months. This same issue went on with rentals as well as homes for sale... is this a trick to want to make you believe the homes have been recently listed... so they won't look like no one wants to rent or buy them.

Original review: May 5, 2018

While Zillow Apt Listings is a helpful service, its current software is difficult to navigate for real estate professionals A total overhaul is needed to make the posting process less convoluted. It appears whoever or whatever created it has never been on firing line of commercial rental real estate. Most annoying is the message 'already posted' when in fact it's brand new and worthy of publication. While Craigslist was fraud, Zillow-Trulia-Hotpads - as constituted is like the back end of a horse running the wrong way. The line between apts and houses is way too blurry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: May 4, 2018

Zillow has stolen $500 from me by getting my debit card information without my consent. I never gave them my new debit card information. They have found a way to hack me and get it somehow. Until this day I have never received my refund and they have contemplated a way to prove that what they did is legal. Each "customer care" agent working for Zillow are just trying to make commission out your zip code purchase. Please do not fall for the Zillow Premier Agent. AVOID THIS!!!

Original review: May 3, 2018

Zillow has now forced agent to use their concierge service. Instead of receiving an email, they not require that we pick up the phone and be put in immediate contact with the buyer. If you do not take the call then you lose the lead. As a rural broker I spend much of my time on the road. So I am forced to take calls while I am driving which is dangerous. Further, as I am often not familiar with the property the buyer is inquiring about, I am not able to help the buyer properly. In the past we would get an email and we could look up the property, discuss it with the listing agent and discuss it intelligently with the buyer. Further, I have a team and in the past I could distribute email leads to the agent most capable of being of assistance. This is no longer possible. This is obviously another attempt by Zillow to control information with little respect for the buyers and agents that use their service.

Original review: April 29, 2018

This is one company no one should trust their so called fake Zestimates. I will give the history of a specific home to prove that their modeling of estimates is nowhere close to Sale price and market prices. I monitor a home whose value let's say is estimated at $2.8M in very good school district and close to so many companies and easy access to freeways and much more. These estimates were rising every 15 days or so as home sales went up and had reached $2.8M. Now comes the fake information, the day this home is put on market at noon, by evening the Zestimate dropped to $2.6M - a sudden drop by $200K+. Next few days it lingered around and each day I would see different numbers and finally settling to $2.55M. When I look at the home sold and comparable homes they are at $2.9M to $3.3M. Homes are sold $350K to $600K more than the listed price. They also show list price to sold price is 118%.

So how can one trust this website when they fake their estimates and claim they all based on similar sales with comparable homes in the neighborhood. When I collected all the data for all homes, and went by their own comparable homes, the home value estimates need to go up rather than down. Their stats are so wrong, but the average list to sold is close to accurate. So one needs to find the estimate round about way and a common person cannot get this stat directly. Zillow - just shut your business and your estimates are fake and incorrect. Until you correct them - no one gets you more business.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Buyer Realtor - Kerie ** Berkshire Hathaway: I want anyone and everyone to understand how bad an experience I have had with this person. He has lied, he has been unscrupulous and so unethical in my experience of selling and purchasing homes. We have purchased and sold many and he made this last sale the worst experience. I worry about new buyers and sellers because this realtor is unethical and he has no morals. This man came to our realtor with an offer that had no contingencies.

The day before we were ready to close and understand we were in the midst of moving out he goes dark. No calls, he would not answer his phone but the escrow states that there is a contingency home. Our realtor pulls in his managers and they state the house will be closed by the following Tuesday and that has not happened either. This realtor is back to not answering phone calls. I will tell everyone I know to never use this person. We now have a mortgage and rent to pay due to this liar.

Original review: April 25, 2018

In trying to put a listing on Zillow for a new home, an offshore call center called to ask a few questions in their "review" for the listing. Caught me away from the office, verified Complete address, house description however because I couldn't recall the "exact price" to the dollar they disqualified the ad. When I asked for them to be a little more flexible because I was close enough in price to verify it was me, they said that wasn't good enough. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she said that was not an option and promptly told me she was going to disqualify the ad and ended the call.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Zillow inaccurately reflects our home value on their site $80,000 lower than their own valuation, which is based on 10 comps their system selected across our neighborhood. Those comps yielded a value of $550k, and yet the public view indicates the value is $470k. This problem has persisted now for weeks. After approximately 10 e-mails with customer service (including an encouraging request from Zillow for our property tax assessment statement, which I provided 2-3 weeks ago), the company continues to ignore the issue. They will only say that "the developers are looking into it," which has been repeated multiple times.

It seems necessary to take defensive action against Zillow's fraudulent misrepresentation of our property value, and negligent lack of response when proof of the tax assessment value of our property was provided as requested. We have too much at risk to sit and wait while Zillow ignores this -- which according to many other reviews on this site is apparently their standard mode of operation. It seems the business model is to intentionally reflect home values below market until they are paid to reflect the accurate value. Based on various legal arguments, it would seem this could be considered blackmail. Interestingly, Realtor.com provides a much more accurate value ($70,000 higher than Zillow's value). We have used Zillow heavily for years but will now be switching to Realtor.com for all our real estate needs.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Zillow is a real estate website that provides more information about the hidden costs of homeownership than any other real estate website I have seen. In Mark **'s article about the hidden costs of homeownership, he also talks about Zillow. After reading this article, I decided to check out the website for myself. Zillow breaks down the expenses that most people do not think about when they are purchasing a home. Zillow provides home value, price/tax history, mortgages, competition, home expenses, and more. When buying a home, there are so many "hidden" costs that the buyer needs to be aware of. Zillow is helpful when trying to decide if one wants to become a homeowner or a renter.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I am a Realtor (Agent) in the Tulsa area and I wanted to comment on some of the reviews. First, all agents agree with these comments and completely feel your pain. We have a love/hate relationship with Zillow and we continue to seek out other options to capture these Buyers but currently, this is where consumers are going for their home searches so it is in our best interest to continue to advertise on their site. (at much $$$!)

The reason for writing this is to reassure those with concerns about the content displayed on Zillow. Agents always... ALWAYS... RE-educate the buyers and sellers who come to us from this site due to many inaccuracies. Often the homes Buyers inquire about have already been sold, 1/2 baths are rounded up by Zillow to a full baths and the Zestimate is completely inaccurate pretty much 100% of the time.

For these reasons alone, it would make sense that Sellers selling their home should use a Listing Agent and Buyers should be represented by a Buyers Agent. This is not a self-promotion opportunity, this is an obvious fact based on the issues listed prior. Without Agents, the inaccuracies listed online will be the only "truth" for Buyers; something Sellers have a difficult time overcoming by themselves. Buyers without a Buyers Agent are in jeopardy of purchasing an overpriced home if the Zestimate is much higher than market value.

Agents know and hear of many unfortunate home buying experiences (I had one buying my first home and why I became an agent) but MOST of us are here to help our clients, to advise them, educate them and we strive for a deal that is a "Win, Win" on BOTH sides of the Closing table. Unfortunately, those of us who honestly care, are required to overcome the reputation of the bad seeds in our industry who didn't.

Agents are always open to other solutions to capture the consumers looking to buy, sell or invest in real estate (...looking in the Tulsa area! Hint! Hint! Wink! THAT is a self-promotion! Insert smiley face here.) Rest assured, that as long as consumers continue to use online sites, Agents will be there to re-educate them with the correct information about your homes. I hope this helps! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I've had problems with Zillow like all the complaints listed here. I pretended to be their paying Real Estate agent to get a live person. Both guys I spoke to didn't want to deal with me once they learned I'm a consumer. Big question is why and how is Zillow allowed to exist as a company when there are so many fraudulent business practices and content that is actually damaging homeowner's financial return? Isn't there enough complaints for Consumer Affairs to point this to governmental agency to investigate? They will not speak to Homeowners -- they only have phone contact for Real Estate agents (members) who pay subscription to their business. They are not interested in knowing problems to their business or fixing it. Yet, causing so much damage to consumers.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Lost over 40 on a home in Florida due to Zillow’s inaccuracies and so-called famous Zestimate on a totally remodeled home but yet the same style home next door being a 10 year rental with no updates or upgrades continually came out smelling like a rose over our property. Now 5 years later, same games. False representation of facts. Acreage I don't own. Carports that do not exist plus much more, Zestimate pulled out of someone's hind end but yet this company is allowed to continue to destroy people at the push of a button with no intervention from any agency who's getting their palm greased to allow such deception to continue?

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have had my house listed for a few months. On December 11, 2017 I went from 225 saves to 23 saves. When I called Zillow I was told there is a "bug" in the system. I tried to explain to them that it could damage my house because viewers might think something was wrong with the house. It is now April 2018 and nothing has been fixed. To add insult to injury -- they have bounced my "Zestimate" between 925,000 and 781,000. I have given up trying to get them to fix anything because they quite frankly appear incompetent, and they give you the attitude that they could care less.

Updated on 05/10/2018: Was told there was a bug. After 6 months they never fixed it 2Austin in their service dept signed off on my account that the problem was completely resolved. Flash forward --- now we went from 54 saves to 0. When is anybody from Consumer Affairs going to approach these Keystone Cop Idiots to find out what the heck is going on???

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have been upset with how Zillow values homes for some time now. I have lost potential buyers over the years because of the false 'Home Values' Zillow places on homes. Why do I say false? The comps they use are worthless. They compared our waterfront home with GULF access to homes that aren't even on the water. Waterfront homes with GULF access are typically $200,000 or more than homes that are not on the water. Waterfront homes on fresh water are still at least $100,000 less.

Instead of comparing homes (listed on zillow) that are in the same neighborhood, they compare your house to homes miles away that have a much lower value. Don't bother emailing or calling and leaving messages because don't fix their mistakes or return calls. No wonder agents have such contempt for Zillow. And for homeowners, Zillow is responsible for losing them buyers because most people just don't understand how to compare homes and think Zillow does. If you don't do your homework don't "VALUE" a home Zillow. You don't have a clue. AND when Zillow start their new fix and flip program my advice is... stay as far away as you can! They are the worst.

Original review: April 15, 2018

My report on - Zillow shows I had the house up for sale in 2014. It showed I listed the home in the $170,000s. I had the house for sale with Elite in 2008 for $229,000. I had an offer for $200,000 within five days. I did NOT accept the offer. I had it with Elite to get it on MLS. I bought the house for $185,000, and put $40,000 in updates which included a new roof, new energy efficient furnace and water heater. All new window. Insulation in the attic drain tile and new driveway. I would never sell this house in the $170,000's. Where did they pull this information? Zillow cannot be trusted for accurate information.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I went to Zillow because I heard my house I sold three years ago is up for sale. I reviewed the listing to see the asking price and the details listed are all false. The square footage is over 1000 square feet higher than it actually is. The listing says three bedrooms when there are only two and four full baths when there are 3.5. I put a new air conditioner in two years before I moved so it is not new. The tile is not new, it is just what I had. There is only a wood floor put in the master bedroom with crown molding. Everything else is as I left it including the paint. It is not worth $494000 when I only got $389000. How can Zillow allow such false information to be presented. This is outright criminal.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have been watching my neighborhood for 10 years now, watching property values on Zillow. Without rhyme or reason, prices go up on homes, while a house next door drops dramatically. Recently a home that was just built, the value dropped below the actual cost of the construction. I have checked these homes on other property evaluation sites, and these homes have gone up in value, while Zillow claims they are decreasing. I believe Zillow does this to help sales listed by their agents, to fabricate a sales market for their realtors. Do not list your homes for sale on their site. Do not give them any reason to debunk property values.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I've contacted the company Zillow through customer care and emailing the CEO Spencer Rascoff to no avail. Okay! At issue is Zillow Group using my properties without my express, written or implied consent to publish or assign any arbitrary or sliding value system to my properties whatsoever. My properties are not even listed for sale. Yet Zillow group posts my properties on the world wide web and lowballs my property values defaming my net worth in a public forum to my neighborhood all while enriching themselves in the process at my expense as a property owner. Let me just add. We are a nation of laws. And this is as illegal as it gets!

This rubbish referred to as a Zestimate is Zillow Group's pricing tool for de-valuing my assets in the public forum against my wishes. The Zestimate price is not a comp or an appraisal. It is an arbitrary made up number and it is against the law. Property owners rights are being trampled over in this reckless abuse of power that encroaches on our property rights. Offers no compensation whatsoever, in order for Zillow Group to enrich themselves. This is a form of trespass and property theft. I have requested Zillow Group to cease and desist from using any of my properties' data beyond public information and I've heard nothing from them and this violation of my civil and property rights continues completely unabated. I protest this illegal behavior being used against my fundamental property rights. And I am seeking relief.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I recently had a negative review on Zillow (the ONLY negative review I've ever had) and it had several false claims from a client that had a disorder. They would not take it down, even with unsubstantiated false claims - they would not even let me respond to the erroneous review. Very frustrating. They also have ridiculously high 'zestimates' and they also are not in real time and show houses as active long after they've been under contract or sold.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I am Real Estate broker and my company Flat Rate LA Real Estate is one of the best in Los Angeles, California. I got a lot of clients because my company my was on the first page of the Real Estate agent directory in Los Angeles because of the large number of good reviews and past sales. Now my business was just thrown out of the directory because of Zillow poor software and errors. In accordance with Zillow, now my business does not belong to any city in America and it is impossible to find it. I sent messages to support several times, but everything is useless. They can do nothing (or do not want) to fix the problem. Very unpleasant and insulting.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I had a really bad experience with ZILLOW and its thugs, they wanted me to advertise and they overcharged me for garbage. No clients ever came from. ZILLOW is a waste of money. It's FAKE. Unworthy at all.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My house had a value of $628,000 and nothing changed, not even the houses around me and my house value dropped by $124,000 in two days. All the house around me did not change or if they did it was a couple of thousand. So all things being the same why would my house decline and everyone else's didn't. Zillow must have something very bad with the way it calculates home values. Just take a look at ** and you will see the huge difference in my house and all the other house around me stated the same.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I own a real estate company. I wanted to try some kind of lead generating program to give leads to my agents. As Zillow being the most viewed real estate site, they had a program called "Premier Broker". I was impressed by the salesperson telling me that they have 11 concierge speaking at least 8 different languages. These concierge will talk to the leads and then transfer to us only the filtered leads. They will ask 2 questions. #1 "Are you looking to buy, sell or rent?" If answer is buy or sell, then #2 "Do you have a real estate agent?" If answer is "NO" then the lead will be connected to us. What a great service! Sounded all good.

I was promised average of 112 leads per month for a $8000/month program which was on special so only had to pay $6000/month. Well, first 30 days we got some calls asking about rentals and leads with messages like "do not call" or "lead isn't interested in talking to an agent" or "this lead contacted multiple agents" or "this lead is already working with an agent"... All of these leads are approximately $80 each, since I paid $6000 for less than 80 total leads.

I joined and willing to pay $6000/month for 112 filtered leads. I ended up with about 80 very cold leads with messages telling me not to call. 3 months after $18,000 down the drain, I finally asked to be canceled. This is not nearly what was promised. They asked me to give them a list of zip codes where I want to work. Not even 30% of the leads were from the zip codes in my list. Don't waste your money. If you still want to try, make sure to have the salesperson write down how many filtered leads, not all leads and zip codes you want to work, get that page signed. Don't make the same mistake I did, because Zillow is not cheap. They just cheat and make money from realtors.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I moved in to my new home in 02/2016. In 06/2017, I wrote in to ask that my house be added. I never got a response even though I followed up. I just finally wrote in again in 03/2018 and was told that I cannot have it added, that it only comes through some (undefined) third party feed. Their other problem is that use Bing.com instead of Google maps. The street names aren't right in my community and my house isn't even on the map yet. Way to go Bing, way to go, Zillow.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Contacted Zillow and they had our home on Google correctly mapped and we had it listed as Make Me Move, then updated to for Sale by Owner. The mapped it on Bing miles away and we asked them to fix it and explained it is a brand new home, less than 2 years old in a new development and they can't seem to put it back in its correct location. The Zestimate dropped from 540,000 t0 378,000 in minutes when we switched the listing. I have emailed several times and they don't have a phone number to call anyone and I think they outsource their helpline to people in another country, as they don't seem to understand what we are trying to tell them. They should have a helpline, phone number.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Zillow repeatedly called me over a 1 year period promising how much money I would make with their premier agent program. I eventually signed up for $4k a month in a luxury market I work after relentless calls, emails, and promises. As soon as they got my credit card, they were gone. ZERO leads came in the first 30 days so I tried to cancel. No surprise, the salesman, managers, and everyone else just disappeared completely. The one conversation I was "allowed" to have about canceling was with some inexperienced sales manager and the talks quickly turned adversarial and unprofessional on his part.

The best part when was he said he had to go and forgot to hang up the phone. :) I sat there and listened to him talk about sales practices with clients like me and say "this is how you handle guys like this". "Just take them in circles until they are tired of arguing", "Don't worry, you will still get paid", he said to another as they left the room laughing. He seemed very proud of what he thought he accomplished. In conclusion, Zillow is a scam. Once you sign up, they take your money and run. I will take further action against them for services not rendered.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My house as all homes across the country whether on the market or not are used to solicit real estate agents. They are the people who keep Zillow and other sites in business. Homeowners, if you want to see how Zillow and other companies are using your property, just put your home address in the search bar. You will be very surprised to know that the most important and valuable purchase of your life is used behind your back, without your knowledge or permission to advertise realtors. Zillow is making millions off realtors too while showing incorrect info about your property and devalue it. There should be a law that us homeowners have the right to opt out of this company using our property for their profit. And realtors should be paying us homeowners to use our property to advertise themselves. Sick of my house showing to prospective buyers info that is not only incorrect but keep it from selling.

Zillow.com Company Information