1.14/5

517 Zillow.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

People be aware of Zillow app. They are sharing information with real estate agents. I had no idea my agent can see what I mark on my tablet as of - favorite homes. This is invasion of privacy. It's my business what I like not his. It brings another question - what else they can see on my tablet.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Where do I start with Zillow/Trulia!! I have been advertising with Zillow as a premier agent for months now, and I can tell you that it is 100% a scam. I needed a new place to allocate some advertising dollars and decided to give Zillow a try. The sales rep, Kevin **, told me the number of leads per zip I would receive (18) for the spend I was willing to do ($1400 a month). Zillow makes you sign a 6 month contract, and I was a bit hesitant to commit to $8400 for 6 months worth of advertising.

Over the first few weeks, I realized that I made a terrible BIG mistake. I would say 90% of the leads are absolutely worthless. I was receiving rental leads and I told the rep that I needed leads for home purchases ONLY. That's how we make money-selling homes and not renting them!! He respond that he was a are and that they would refund me and never fit credit me or refund me! Second off they were advertising properties that were not listed for months or that were sold months ago... TOTAL SCAM AND TOTAL DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING!! Not sure how they are still around and how this company Is not shut down yet. I have had several real estate agents go on there a click the lead and then tell me they are agents wondering about the property for sale that was not for sale on our local Realtracs website! Of course it's not on MLS because ZILLOW WAS FALSY ADVERTISING THIS PROPERTY.

At the end of the day that lead was counted against my leads as a one of my leads- It's a TOTAL SCAM- DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH THESE SHARKS!! It is a SCAM. I asked the rep, Kevin, to see if he can cancel my first week into it and of course he could not. He asked me to pay 2 months to buy out of my contract! WOW!!! I asked him if I get leads for those 2 months and he said NO- that month buy out (2800) was to get out of their scam! I want to get the word out to everyone in the real estate business so maybe I can save you from getting scammed and ripped off. DO NOT ADVERTISE ON ZILLOW or TRULIA! I am filing a class action lawsuit against them for so many reasons. If you would like to join me- send me a message.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I have owned my home for 3 years. The home was built in 2006. It was a HUD home which I repaired and updated with about $55,000 worth of repairs and updates. I signed into Zillow and found my home immediately dropped 35,000 in value making it the lowest priced home in my subdivision... Lower than a house less than 2/3 its size. The drop then slowly came back to where it was when I purchased it about 6 months later. I updated the pictures both inside and out and fixed the description.

After doing that I received a threatening notice from Zillow taking down all my pictures and deleting the description and telling me it was not my house and they were turning me over to law enforcement. I was never contacted. They also deleted my access to the house. This year, 2018, I was able to get back in and post several pictures but am still unable to fix the description. My house is now going down in value for the last 2 months where all the other houses in the 115 house subdivision are going up. The average selling price for a home in this subdivision is in excess of 100/sq.ft. Yet Zillow values them much lower. No matter how many times I point this out they just give me their standard algo crap. They are so far off base that they even use the value of over 1000 mobile homes with no land to compute the residence value of a house.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My Zestimate if off by nearly $100k compared to both a recent appraisal, the Redfin estimate and an identical property a few doors down. I reminded them that it is damaging to the homeowner when this occurs, and asked them on multiple occasions to either correct or remove the Zestimate. The neighboring property is IDENTICAL to mine in every way (same subdivision, built in 2017, same floor plan, same condition,etc.) and the Zestimate this property is using the SAME SALES COMPS As with mine. So why is my value coming out differently?!! No customer service phone number, and no way to escalate and issue. ** Zillow!! I will NEVER use them, and I will NEVER let my agent post with them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Zillow should check landlords. I unfortunately rented one of his units. He promises to do things by move in date. This does not happen and you are stuck. Very bad at fixing things that break in unit. Try to blame on tenant. Charges you for everything. Hires people with no license. Not insured. And very anti ** and anti women. This is due to he is gay/and unfortunately racism is alive. DO NOT RENT FROM HIM.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Every time I look at a listings map it's wrong. I've checked listings that I know exactly where they are at and Zillow's map is totally wrong. What a farce! How am I supposed to trust listings that I'm not familiar with the area. I now use a competitor's app to get my info.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have used the Zillow app for once to rent my condo. All of the sudden Zillow doesn’t allow my listing to be viewed, and has been placed on hold. All emails have been ignored. BIG SCAM!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have used the Zillow app for years to rent my retirement Tahoe cabin. All the sudden Zillow doesn’t allow my listing to be viewed, and has been placed on hold. Two emails have been ignored. I believe they are denying me access because they are reporting incorrect information on my primary residence, which I was scammed by Predatory Lenders, I took these Predatory Lenders to court and won my house, but Zillow is reporting incorrectly, and now denying me use of placing a rental ad on my retirement cabin.

Two separate properties, but I automatically Guilty. I have learned in CA anyone may scam you, and you are still automatically Guilty. Due Process is nonexistent. Zillow also discriminates by automatically adding 6% realtor fees helping the realtors to take outrageous amounts of money. And by the way I am a retired realtor, I left real estate sales because of the scams. Furthermore I have compiled approximately 30 years of evidence against the real estate industry. Home ownership in CA means you lose all your basic rights, anyone can put a lien on your property with notifying you. I plan to eventually sell both my properties without Zillow and without 6% rip off realtors.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I have been advertising with Zillow as a premier agent for 5 months now, and I can tell you that it is 100% a scam. I needed a new place to allocate some advertising dollars and decided to give Zillow a try. The sales rep, Lindsay **, told me the number of leads per zip I would receive (43) for the spend I was willing to do ($3,000 a month). Zillow makes you sign a 6 month contract, and I was a bit hesitant to commit to $18,000 for 6 months worth of advertising. Over the first few months I realized that I made a terrible mistake. I would say 90% of the leads are absolutely worthless. I have had one guy contact me through Zillow and ask what the number was for Zillow's customer service. Are you kidding me? That counts as a one of my leads. Just yesterday I had a lady who barely spoke a lick of English call and ask what was going on with this particular property.

After a few questions I was able to ascertain that she wrote up an offer on this property and wanted to know what happened!!! Instead of calling the agent who wrote up the offer she submitted an inquiry on Zillow. What do you know, that counts as a lead against me. To top it all off the 43 leads I was sold on has now dwindled to 23 in month #5. Each month they sell more advertising so the number of leads per share goes down, but the amount they charge me does not go down relatively. It is borderline criminal. It is a SCAM. I asked my marketing rep, Jeff **, to see if he can cancel my last month. Of course he could not. Ha, what was I thinking. They do not want to lose out on screwing me for that last $3,000. In closing, I want to get the word out to everyone in the business so maybe I can save someone else from getting scammed. Learn from my mistake, DO NOT ADVERTISE ON ZILLOW.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I called in for assistance on the new application form. I am the landlord and a potential renter has responded. I received a notice, However, for MY verification they want to do a complete background check on me, asking to sign off on way too many rights as a landlord. This service is bogus, I tried calling in for help and I was luck to get to speak to someone but they could not help me, naturally, I had to be transferred and told I would receive a call "shortly". Well it has been Five hours and no call. Extremely poor customer relations. There is NO number that Zillow has the decency to publish so you can call to receive any information on your post off of which they make money. Sicking.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have tried calling about 5 different agents listed on Zillow and every one of them is rude, sound annoyed that you are calling. A couple said they would call back. One did 6 hours later and we politely told Mr. ** we had gone with another agent. He laughed with a hiccup and said, "Good luck with that." There was one lady that wasn't, Dana and when I said we had gone with another agent she politely wished us an good day and a good luck. She would have been one to work with but she called hours later as well, after quickly saying she would have to call us back, as soon as she answered.

Rude tones and undertones that just make me want to say vomitus comments and spew the frustration they all have created in me. So far as listings I don't know about too much accuracy since I can't get anyone to be reliable. One house I drove by myself and it was burned to a crisp, another was leaning so bad because of foundation issues that noticeably changed the condition of a home to a teardown.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I was curious to know the value of the homes in my neighborhood. The exact same house as mine just sold last month after the first owner passed away. I went on Zillow website just to see what they had it listed for. The house across the street sold for 32k less than Zillow listed. So I called a realtor to come out. Actually I called 4 realtors who sell homes in the area. Each agent who knows nothing about each other, priced my home within $500-$1000 from each other. Zillow have my home priced $25k over the value. I contacted Zillow to ask them to take my home off their site because they are reporting numbers just to draw attention to their business and my home is not and won’t ever be for sale so there isn’t any reason to list it.

Zillow customer service department contacted me back to tell me that Zillow isn’t a realtor, they just offer the public a starting point when buying or selling. Zillow stated that they use MLS and the county’s assessment. That is false also. Because according to my assessment, they are now pricing my home at $75k over value. What kind of starting point are they offering if they are already $25k overpriced. This company is just another website that’s trying to get exposure to bring their ratings up. No matter how unrealistic their findings are. And with all the misleading, false information and all the complaints, it’s really amazing that the State Department still allowing them to remain in business. I read that a judge dismissed the class action lawsuit against Zillow as well. With all of this information right in front of them, this company still able to remain in business and report unrealistic false information.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We are thinking of selling our home in the next few years. While researching comparable sales in my area of New Jersey, I noticed that Zillow's "zestimate" was very low. I updated some incorrect information and added some details that were missing from their description. My property immediately lost more than $30,000 in value. Zillow's estimate my home's value is now approximately 50% of what it should sell for. This figure is so absurd that it would be laughable if not for my nagging fear that it may lead buyers to think my home is worth less than it is. I have been unable to change this figure and my calls and emails to Zillow have gone unanswered. I learned that a class action suit against Zillow was recently dismissed. Unfortunately, this turn of events will allow Zillow to continue to harm both buyers and sellers. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY AND THEIR UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Scam, false advertising and bait and switch tactics. Do not go on this website/they promote listings that are not accurate. They sell the info to real estate agents and scam you. I purchased leads from them and they were a bunch of scam and false leads. This method is terrible - run and do not sign up - it’s the worst. When you Try and cancel, they strong arm you and ask you to pay 2 months to buy out and you won’t get nothing for that amount. It’s fraud and I’ll be reporting them to the state.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My experience was with the realtor and sales Dept. The people recruiting realtors will promise you anything to get you to sign up, once you have joined Zillow and obligated your self to a ad campaign that cost way too much, you find out that what you were told was all a lie. I did not receive half the clients that I was promised nor was the way that you receive clients. In short, I was screwed and given nothing for my money.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I am not selling my home, but in the past I enjoyed watching the Zestimate for it rise regularly. Suddenly last month, the estimate dropped by One Third. When I contacted them, I got some BS form letter about algorithms. I can believe this company was founded by Microsoft employees. I have had similar bad experiences with hidden fees on the Microsoft cloud service. Zillow. What kind of name is Zillow anyway? Thankfully, their estimates are generally recognized to be useless.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Everyone I am writing this Review to inform THE WORLD not to be scammed by an UNLAWFUL HOME RENTAL ADVERTISEMENT that is currently posted on Zillow. I have reported this unlawful home rental advertisement to their Customer Support. I was KNOWINGLY LIED TO ABOUT THEM GOING TO REMOVE IT, BUT IT WAS NOT.

The address of this property is **. This property was unlawful sold by Executrix of the Estate on November 20, 2017. This property is currently in Litigation, and it is currently under review by the Supreme Court of Georgia. For them to VOID THE UNLAWFUL SALE OF THIS PROPERTY, THEN ORDER IT IMMEDIATELY TRANSFERRED TO THE ESTATE BENEFICIARIES. Everyone if you're looking to rent a property in Northwest Atlanta. Do not rent this estate property currently in litigation, before the Supreme Court of Georgia. I've posted 2 blog posts on this property on my business blog, for everyone to read.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Have my house undervalued with different comparative listings than it. I say get comps now, then puts value where it should be with correct comps (40,000 difference) then it says contact agent and if you don't it puts it back with the wrong comps and lower price again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Zillow has posted a "Zestimate" of my home that is grossly incorrect. I have notified them numerous times and gave them the correct information with no correction to the "Zestimate". Zillow info not reflecting updated MLS. Current buyers should disregard Zillow and find more reliable websites from the listing agents. Time for State Attorney Generals to stop Zillow from posting Zestimates!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

It has been mine and my wife's experience that Zillow way undervalues our house. The algorithm they use is ridiculous and then potential buyers tend to use it as gospel. When comparing their estimates to an independent Realtor in our area and also Realtor.com, Redfin.com, Remax.com, and Realtytrac.com our home is always $75,000-$100,000 at least undervalued. To make matters, worse they will do nothing about it when we confronted them with the data and facts.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Zillow obstructed fair review by not publishing negative review about its premier agents so that it can continue to collect fee from them. I wrote a fact-based review pointing out this agent always looked for quick sell at the expense of homeowner by setting artificially low price. She sold a house at $227,000 lower than the same house a few blocks away within 2 weeks. Zillow refused to publish this fact based review.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I have my home on the market to sell and every day they lower my value and how many people have viewed and saved my home. Had over 2000 views and 90 saves. Now under 2000 views and 69 saves. What gives?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

After I indicated interest in a property using its contact platform, I was twice texted by a person (**‬) who asked if I would be available in 10 min to talk. In each case, I texted “yes”. The person never called. Completely unresponsive and unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My home "value" as shown on Zillow has been relatively consistent for months. Last week, I made an inquiry with Zillow, using their Zillow Offers feature. Within a matter of a few days, Zillow has dropped the estimated value of my home by over $59,000 (over 10% drop)! My Zillow offer was received, and not surprisingly, Zillow offered $100,000 less than their original estimate (the "value" Zillow showed prior to my inquiry), and more than $40,000 less than their current, deflated value.

I have left two voice messages for the Zillow representative I originally spoke with to request an explanation, but I have not yet received a reply. Maybe she will call, maybe she will not. If she does, and I am able to post an update on this site, I will do so. In the meantime, sellers beware! Zillow's no-cost, no-obligation Zillow Offer could cost you plenty, whether you decide to accept their offer or not.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I’m very disappointed with Zillow. The Zestimate is ridiculously low for my house because of the way they do comps. Lately I’ve tried to sell a house and have been waiting several days for them to publish my listing. Now they want to see proof of ownership. Really? When did that start? They used to be easy to work with but no more...

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

This is now the 2nd time we have been unable to claim our property listing after working with a realtor. We should not have to hassle or fight to do this as it is our own property! I can't believe how a company can continue to do business with a customer service support which is so poor--and nearly impossible to contact as this company is. Worst of all, they do not change.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We purchased a model home directly from the builder last year. The house was listed at $990K, Zillow showed an estimate of $1.1M, however the official appraisals were in $900-920 range. We purchased the home for $870K. Three weeks after we closed the Zillow dropped the home estimate to $750K. I complained but they said that the price change is due to "changed algorithm" and refused to move it up despite my proofs (the professional estimates and the purchase price). I also argued that no algorithm could change the price from 1.1M to 750K. Interestingly, the builder also told us at the time of contract that the brand new home like ours would be worth 1.1M, thus I wonder if the Zillow's previous "estimate" was higher because it was paid for.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I have been in Zillow & Trulia since March 2018 in different zip codes, 33332, 33331, 33028, 33015 paying a lot of money, their advice is that if I am in top 3 I will always get more business. I follow their advice and do it, and in 98% calls are fake or scam. Recently the new way of operation is supposed to be that they will received all leads, and ask the people if they are serious buyer or sellers and after that they will pass the call with an agent. That is totally false. Now, even less leads, just receiving calls of people that are only thinking in the future or that already have an Agent. ZILLOW IS STOLEN OUR MONEY, and nobody is doing nothing to stop it. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, STAY AWAY.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am talking about the 33010, 33012, 33013, 33014, 33015, 33016, 33018 zip codes here. But if you are working one of those, again stay away from Zillow, horrible experience. If you are a realtor thinking about buying their leads at least in this area, think twice or more. After 3 months, I am still waiting for closing at least one. You are better off using that money somewhere else. If you would like to try it anyway, do not sign a contract, do month by month so you can get out as soon as you realize you aren't going anywhere with them.

Their sales team will do everything in their power to trick you into buying though. Do not fall for it. They'll try to make you think that you are not working the leads like you are supposed to, but again, don't fall for it. There is a difference between a lead and just some random phone numbers contacting you because they don't know what they are doing, just don't know what they want. Most of them are trying to contact the owner of the property or trying to contact the listing agent, you'll even get calls from another realtor that thinks Zillow is the right place to contact another agent, even another realtor thinking you are the listing agent. Just terrible.

In particular, very bad experience with Jaime **, some team manager. Very bad experience with Davis **, a very good salesperson, though.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

When I google my address, Zillow brings up a line that says this house is currently not for sale, even though it's listed with over 900 realtors and it shows it for sale on its website. Also, when you look at the property history it says listing removed, which is completely false. What happened is a buyer signed a contract, then changed their mind. After the contract was signed, the realtor naturally listed it as pending sale. When it went back on the market, she removed the Pending sale-twice-but Zillow still shows listing removed. This site is completely incompetent.

Zillow.com Company Information