1.25/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

446 Zillow.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 15, 2018

My report on - Zillow shows I had the house up for sale in 2014. It showed I listed the home in the $170,000s. I had the house for sale with Elite in 2008 for $229,000. I had an offer for $200,000 within five days. I did NOT accept the offer. I had it with Elite to get it on MLS. I bought the house for $185,000, and put $40,000 in updates which included a new roof, new energy efficient furnace and water heater. All new window. Insulation in the attic drain tile and new driveway. I would never sell this house in the $170,000's. Where did they pull this information? Zillow cannot be trusted for accurate information.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I went to Zillow because I heard my house I sold three years ago is up for sale. I reviewed the listing to see the asking price and the details listed are all false. The square footage is over 1000 square feet higher than it actually is. The listing says three bedrooms when there are only two and four full baths when there are 3.5. I put a new air conditioner in two years before I moved so it is not new. The tile is not new, it is just what I had. There is only a wood floor put in the master bedroom with crown molding. Everything else is as I left it including the paint. It is not worth $494000 when I only got $389000. How can Zillow allow such false information to be presented. This is outright criminal.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 7, 2018

I have been watching my neighborhood for 10 years now, watching property values on Zillow. Without rhyme or reason, prices go up on homes, while a house next door drops dramatically. Recently a home that was just built, the value dropped below the actual cost of the construction. I have checked these homes on other property evaluation sites, and these homes have gone up in value, while Zillow claims they are decreasing. I believe Zillow does this to help sales listed by their agents, to fabricate a sales market for their realtors. Do not list your homes for sale on their site. Do not give them any reason to debunk property values.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I've contacted the company Zillow through customer care and emailing the CEO Spencer Rascoff to no avail. Okay! At issue is Zillow Group using my properties without my express, written or implied consent to publish or assign any arbitrary or sliding value system to my properties whatsoever. My properties are not even listed for sale. Yet Zillow group posts my properties on the world wide web and lowballs my property values defaming my net worth in a public forum to my neighborhood all while enriching themselves in the process at my expense as a property owner. Let me just add. We are a nation of laws. And this is as illegal as it gets!

This rubbish referred to as a Zestimate is Zillow Group's pricing tool for de-valuing my assets in the public forum against my wishes. The Zestimate price is not a comp or an appraisal. It is an arbitrary made up number and it is against the law. Property owners rights are being trampled over in this reckless abuse of power that encroaches on our property rights. Offers no compensation whatsoever, in order for Zillow Group to enrich themselves. This is a form of trespass and property theft. I have requested Zillow Group to cease and desist from using any of my properties' data beyond public information and I've heard nothing from them and this violation of my civil and property rights continues completely unabated. I protest this illegal behavior being used against my fundamental property rights. And I am seeking relief.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I recently had a negative review on Zillow (the ONLY negative review I've ever had) and it had several false claims from a client that had a disorder. They would not take it down, even with unsubstantiated false claims - they would not even let me respond to the erroneous review. Very frustrating. They also have ridiculously high 'zestimates' and they also are not in real time and show houses as active long after they've been under contract or sold.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: April 4, 2018

I am Real Estate broker and my company Flat Rate LA Real Estate is one of the best in Los Angeles, California. I got a lot of clients because my company my was on the first page of the Real Estate agent directory in Los Angeles because of the large number of good reviews and past sales. Now my business was just thrown out of the directory because of Zillow poor software and errors. In accordance with Zillow, now my business does not belong to any city in America and it is impossible to find it. I sent messages to support several times, but everything is useless. They can do nothing (or do not want) to fix the problem. Very unpleasant and insulting.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I had a really bad experience with ZILLOW and its thugs, they wanted me to advertise and they overcharged me for garbage. No clients ever came from. ZILLOW is a waste of money. It's FAKE. Unworthy at all.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My house had a value of $628,000 and nothing changed, not even the houses around me and my house value dropped by $124,000 in two days. All the house around me did not change or if they did it was a couple of thousand. So all things being the same why would my house decline and everyone else's didn't. Zillow must have something very bad with the way it calculates home values. Just take a look at ** and you will see the huge difference in my house and all the other house around me stated the same.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I own a real estate company. I wanted to try some kind of lead generating program to give leads to my agents. As Zillow being the most viewed real estate site, they had a program called "Premier Broker". I was impressed by the salesperson telling me that they have 11 concierge speaking at least 8 different languages. These concierge will talk to the leads and then transfer to us only the filtered leads. They will ask 2 questions. #1 "Are you looking to buy, sell or rent?" If answer is buy or sell, then #2 "Do you have a real estate agent?" If answer is "NO" then the lead will be connected to us. What a great service! Sounded all good.

I was promised average of 112 leads per month for a $8000/month program which was on special so only had to pay $6000/month. Well, first 30 days we got some calls asking about rentals and leads with messages like "do not call" or "lead isn't interested in talking to an agent" or "this lead contacted multiple agents" or "this lead is already working with an agent"... All of these leads are approximately $80 each, since I paid $6000 for less than 80 total leads.

I joined and willing to pay $6000/month for 112 filtered leads. I ended up with about 80 very cold leads with messages telling me not to call. 3 months after $18,000 down the drain, I finally asked to be canceled. This is not nearly what was promised. They asked me to give them a list of zip codes where I want to work. Not even 30% of the leads were from the zip codes in my list. Don't waste your money. If you still want to try, make sure to have the salesperson write down how many filtered leads, not all leads and zip codes you want to work, get that page signed. Don't make the same mistake I did, because Zillow is not cheap. They just cheat and make money from realtors.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I moved in to my new home in 02/2016. In 06/2017, I wrote in to ask that my house be added. I never got a response even though I followed up. I just finally wrote in again in 03/2018 and was told that I cannot have it added, that it only comes through some (undefined) third party feed. Their other problem is that use Bing.com instead of Google maps. The street names aren't right in my community and my house isn't even on the map yet. Way to go Bing, way to go, Zillow.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Contacted Zillow and they had our home on Google correctly mapped and we had it listed as Make Me Move, then updated to for Sale by Owner. The mapped it on Bing miles away and we asked them to fix it and explained it is a brand new home, less than 2 years old in a new development and they can't seem to put it back in its correct location. The Zestimate dropped from 540,000 t0 378,000 in minutes when we switched the listing. I have emailed several times and they don't have a phone number to call anyone and I think they outsource their helpline to people in another country, as they don't seem to understand what we are trying to tell them. They should have a helpline, phone number.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Zillow repeatedly called me over a 1 year period promising how much money I would make with their premier agent program. I eventually signed up for $4k a month in a luxury market I work after relentless calls, emails, and promises. As soon as they got my credit card, they were gone. ZERO leads came in the first 30 days so I tried to cancel. No surprise, the salesman, managers, and everyone else just disappeared completely. The one conversation I was "allowed" to have about canceling was with some inexperienced sales manager and the talks quickly turned adversarial and unprofessional on his part.

The best part when was he said he had to go and forgot to hang up the phone. :) I sat there and listened to him talk about sales practices with clients like me and say "this is how you handle guys like this". "Just take them in circles until they are tired of arguing", "Don't worry, you will still get paid", he said to another as they left the room laughing. He seemed very proud of what he thought he accomplished. In conclusion, Zillow is a scam. Once you sign up, they take your money and run. I will take further action against them for services not rendered.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My house as all homes across the country whether on the market or not are used to solicit real estate agents. They are the people who keep Zillow and other sites in business. Homeowners, if you want to see how Zillow and other companies are using your property, just put your home address in the search bar. You will be very surprised to know that the most important and valuable purchase of your life is used behind your back, without your knowledge or permission to advertise realtors. Zillow is making millions off realtors too while showing incorrect info about your property and devalue it. There should be a law that us homeowners have the right to opt out of this company using our property for their profit. And realtors should be paying us homeowners to use our property to advertise themselves. Sick of my house showing to prospective buyers info that is not only incorrect but keep it from selling.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I signed up for a 6 month run of 7% of an affluent zip code, and was pretty much promised that even a single sale from this area would put me in the black. In that time, I have converted six leads from another company, and zero from Zillow. Not only that, but I was supposed to receive a certain volume of leads and that has not materialized. The leads that do come through are tire-kickers, people who are not ready, or willing, to work with an agent, people who already have an agent. The supposed sellers that come through are actually buyers or renters wanting information on the price, not the owners of the house. Don't waste your time.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Zillow doesn't pick up the fields that depict the realtor fee and who pays for it. It is needed to create the listing in the newjerseymls - one of the many sites Zillow gets a feed from. I reached out to Zillow. They are supposedly working on it. What is interesting is that I saw my listing out there 2 days ago, communicated with Zillow, then the listing disappeared yesterday and is still not up on the site. Communicated that to them too. Maybe Zillow can pay my realtor fee??? Maybe Zillow will disappear just like my listing did. :-) Class-action suit anyone?

Original review: March 15, 2018

Zillow should not be used as a guideline for home sale properties. They are constantly in error, they had my mother's house listed over 60K below value, took forever to correct their mistake listing it as only 1 bedroom when there were 4, listing the price of the home by the zip code, not the actual town the house was located, which wasn't the zip cope town Zillow used, which lowered the home valued considerably. The house sold way way below value, if something could be done legally, I would consider it. Shame on Zillow.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I have noticed that the listing dates on Zillow always seem to START OVER. I know for certain that most of the listings have been on ZILLOW far longer than a DAY. I have contacted Zillow. ZERO communication from them.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We had been watching the value of our condo rise through the months on Zillow. When we listed our home, the value dropped by, wait for it, $50,000! We contacted Zillow but no response or change to our ad. Fortunately other sites have a correct valuation. Unfortunately, who knows how many interested buyers we are losing. Class action suit? Keep trying!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I took my home off Zillow but you can still pull it up on their site. The price estimate on my home is only half of what it’s worth. They have to realize that people that are looking at this that don’t know the area think you are trying to get more money than it’s worth causing them to not want to buy the home. I understand they are trying to help give people the right info but they are not.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have repeatedly requested that this company correct the price of my house. It is listed way, way, way more than I paid for it and it is an obvious typo! They say they will change it but they never do!

Original review: March 2, 2018

Left a intelligent, proper, detailed review of my realtor and it flag it as offensive, leave no way to edit and the Zestimator they use is inaccurate. It's just irresponsible. I'm not surprised the co. is located in Seattle. I like TRULIA a whole lot better.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Given the number of negative reviews that are listed here isn't there something that can be done to address this company's practices? We own a condominium in Maryland. My neighbor's property is for sale. Our units are identical in every way. We have adjoining walls. Both units were built at the same time. My neighbor's Zestimate is over $310k higher than Zillow's Zestimate of my unit. Just like every other reviewer, contact with "Customer Care" is a sham. The first clue is the fact the "person" who answers your concerns does not even have the courage to provide his last name! The answers are scripted and no matter what the question is - the stock answer is the same. I have requested contact information for the head of the Consumer Care Dept. The response continues to be the same canned response which clearly indicates that my replies are not even being read.

The Zillow Group has been sued in federal court over the admitted inaccuracy of its Zestimates but so far it has prevailed. However, the court indicated that there may be grounds for suit that were not included in that lawsuit that which recently dismissed. The Zillow Group is a publicly traded company. A few years back, They were sued from the outset when corporate executives left Realtor.com and allegedly took proprietary information along with them when they joined Zillow. The matter settled for $130 million dollars after the judge made a determination that at least one of the defendants had intentionally destroyed evidence. These are the people who run this operation, so it comes as no surprise that the consumer is being mislead by these folks and they do not seem to care.

Finally, according to a recent article on GEEKWIRE, the Zillow Group has offered $1 million dollars to data sciences to improve its home valuation tool. That's a lot of money. They know they have a flawed product and that it is only a matter of time before the chickens come home to roost. That $130 million dollar settlement must have made an impression on someone. If I could leave a review of minus 10 stars, it would be a more accurate 'Zestimate' of my experience with this company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We inquired about a home on Zillow. Within in minutes of inquiring we got a call. In a span of less than 24 hours, we got 3 telephone calls, 2 VM's, 3 emails, and 6 text messages-the last text message came in at 4:20 AM! I told the agent I wasn't interested in working with him at all due to the frequency of his communication and that I found his conduct unprofessional and borderline harassing. I tried to write a review about him on Zillow, but since he was a premier agent for them, they block it. They gave me some kind of BS excuse but it was clear that protecting premier agents is their top priority. Zillow is trash and anyone using this site should be careful of their content and actions.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

My husband and I purchased a home in a Los Angeles market in 2014. Home values here, as in many markets the past 4 years, have skyrocketed. Two years ago Zillow, and therefore Trulia, dropped the home value estimate of our property by approximately 200K in this rapidly increasing market. Assuming they would eventually remedy their error, I did nothing. Finally decided to email them and received a form letter, generic response referring me to their site for their estimate process and informing me in bold italics that they DO NOT edit estimates in response to customer feedback. How about if you acknowledge a glitch/error though and actually look at the individual case? Redfin and realtor.com both have us 200K higher than they do. Most people seem to know that Zillow estimates are all over the place and therefore mostly useless but there are those who are unaware of this and Zillow can hurt a home’s marketability with their misinformation.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Total waste of time and money. $2700/month for 6 months. Do not get suckered into this for any amount per month. ROI quoted is complete nonsense. They just sent me a lead for low income housing and to top it off, this person was already represented. Rep says "Hmm, it's not suppose to work like that." Another one of their tricks is when leads start to slow, most likely because of a survey I filled out that outlined my complete and utter dissatisfaction, I would complain and sure enough, they would start coming in again. Again, rep denies being able to affect this at all. How exactly then is it that I get exactly 12-13 leads a month, no more, not less??

Another issue being these are not quality leads in the least bit. They like to say it's because of my conversion rate...please explain to me how to convert someone who already has an agent, or tells me they just wanted to ask the listing agent a question. TOTAL RIPOFF! Please feel free to contact me with questions as to my experience. This is unfortunately my first of many, many posts as to the illegitimacy of Zillow's Premier Agent program.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I live in a cookie cutter retirement community, all models are very similar. Zillow has me at 15% less than two neighbors within a hundred feet who have the identical home model. Questions to their "non" customer service get script replies, probably robot driven. I gave up, just worthless.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I just requested a review of my home and Zillow responded quickly. I feel it was accurate and professional. I'm looking to refinance my home and find a good refinance company. This is always confusing and I hope my report from Zillow will help make things easier.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We have been owners of our property over 16 years. Zillow has posted that our house was sold in June of 2017 for $4000.00. This house has only had ONE owner! They also have that this house estimated worth $4500.00. I have no idea where they get their information from! I have emailed them and received a call from a local realtor. Zillow has also received a call from me. I have yet to receive a call to correct this matter. Let me add this house is worth around 170,000. When we get ready to sell this property in several months I fear their posting will interfere with our bottom line because people seem to believe everything on the Internet these days. I wish I could rate 0 stars. My statement to you is if they are this unprofessional to homeowners how will they truly treat the buyer? Good luck and never believe posts on the Internet, do your own research!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Caution consumers, this company is concerned about money and that's all. I'm a real estate professional with 40 years experience and had to terminate my advertising contract with Zillow because they constantly misguided consumers with inaccurate data, failed to update their data, or ignored status changes on listings. And dare anyone reading this to try to reach these knuckleheads about a problem. Trust me, you'll yank your hair trying. They know exactly what they're doing and do not have the courage put a customer support number up. I'll tell you this though, call their sales department and you'll get your call will be answered in a matter or a few rings. Do yourself a favor professional and avoid them. I was a zip code subscriber and all you get is unqualified garbage from them. I'm filing a complaint with the State of Illinois and the MLS in the morning.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This complaint is a caution for both buyers and sellers. Zillow's site is comparing my home for sale to a land-only parcel, yet they display a photo of a large brand-new home, including pricing, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and square feet of living space in their "comparable homes in your area." Zillow clearly does not curate their information in any way. Zillow reports to viewers that this non-existent home has 5 bedrooms and 5 baths, with 3532 sq ft. If the user clicks on the link, Zillow repeats all this nonsense on a new page - only in the small text description below this will the reader finally discover that it is fact an empty lot. (It is a few blocks from my house.)

Zillow takes the time to point out that my (3 bedroom) house has 2 fewer bedrooms than this phantom house when in fact is has 3 more; Zillow points out that my (2704 sq ft) house has 828 sq ft less than this phantom house when in fact is has 2704 sq ft more, and so on with the number of bathrooms. Not surprisingly, Zillow's non-existent house is over $200,000 less in price than my house. Most Zillow viewers, never navigating to the small text on the linked page, will think my house is way overpriced. Zillow's un-curated, algorithm driven website is a disservice to both buyers and sellers. This gross negligence is yet one more instance of the worthlessness of Zillow.

Zillow.com Company Information