2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Bought my 2,300 Sq Ft home for 138,000 four years ago. Zillow agreed with the valuation, and then raised that evaluation over the next 2 years into the 160,000 range. Then for some unknown reason they dropped my home value to $88,000. Even though every other company now lists my home in the $180,000's. I have reached out to them multiple times to correct this mistake. THEY WILL NOT RESPOND. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Have used Zillow for years to advertise rental houses, but with the change to require us to go through Zillow for calls and texts (they now assign a new phone number "to prevent scammers"), calls are recorded, and text only allows the party to put in their e-mail address. When the service was free it worked much better. This change is requiring me to advertise rentals on other sites. I will not be utilizing Zillow. We no longer get the leads we did before the phone number change. No response from customer service.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Zillow's "zestimate" for my property, which is worth $330,000 according to a written appraisal, is $254,000. The neighbors' property, 300 square feet less and untouched since 1984 is also $254,000. Is this because Zillow is starting to buy homes and they want to drive values down? I complained and all I hear is CRICKETS. Not even the courtesy of a reply.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I purchased a home in May of this year listed on Zillow. From word go, it was awful. Had to negotiate for all kinds of things left undone. The worst is not connecting the microwave vent hood to the outside. Closing would have been a nightmare but my agent saved the day. Zillow has no office in Houston to serve clients. You have to take a stack of about 100 sheets that you print yourself to a notary, have them notarized, scan them in and send the paper copy in to them. They will not accept a check at closing, it has to be electronic transfer. After closing, I was not given a key to the mailbox or a garage door opener. I had to purchase a closer and program. The key was obtained by going to the post office and requesting a new key which required installing a new lock. If a house is listed on Zillow run as fast as you can.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We listed our home For Sale By Owner on Zillow. Shortly after we decided to use a realtor and he said we would need to deactivate our Zillow listing. Zillow refuses to deactivate it. The MLS photos do not appear because Zillow will not let me, the owner, delete my For Sale By Owner listing. When I try to deactivate/delete the listing a message appears that says, this listing is now on the MLS and can only be controlled by the realtor. The realtor is unable to delete the pictures that I had uploaded because they were placed by owner. The realtor has our new pictures viewable through the MLS and any other site.

After 30 days of requests Zillow still refuses to correct the situation. There is no phone number to call. There is a corporate number that directs you to a voicemail but it is VRS and goes to a full mailbox. Really? Zillow cannot afford to staff a live person or empty their voicemail to legitimately take calls? They can't correct a situation after 30 days? I am told by my realtor that in the fine print Zillow uses a persons ad even after the listing is deactivated for advertising. I just want the listing corrected. I do not have any confidence in the Zillow system, their Zestimate or any of their products.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I am so frustrated with our PAID Zillow listing. Zillow is not allowing us to edit the listing, and is showing inaccurate descriptions of our home. Moreover, there is no way to customer service. I have tried emailing, calling for weeks now with no response. I even tried deleting our posting and paying for a brand new listing, but instead they just reposted the old, inaccurate details again. I wish we could reach the same number of renters through other Great services like Avail, but unfortunately the largest pool applies through Zillow. Don’t expect any support from this horrific company.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Will not update their site for six months now. My property is inaccurately listed with a real estate that I am not working with. I have tried for months to contact them and still no contact! My property listing is sparse and stuck with false information, and no way to contact me. Affects the listing and selling of my property greatly. This is a widely used tool to look real estate up. It is a subpar listing and has the contact information wrong. I have tried to contact Zillow via phone, customer service, complaint via their website... and nothing. Apparently and unfortunately there is another company that is also doing the same thing. It is a nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I was solicited by Zillow to let them quote me on buying my home. I provided all the information and they said it would be a couple of days. Weeks later I get an email stating that they would not be giving me an offer??? No reason given. I complained and the "Zillow estimate" on their webpage reduced the value of my home by $30K in retaliation.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

This resulted in a devaluation of our home by 80%. After contacting them through their automated system, they removed the details of the sale but the lower valuation remains months later. After 8 attempts to reach them and continuous emails and posts on their site still no change. I attempted to reach out to their President on LinkedIn with a message no response. It's obvious this company is nothing more than website and database without any human resources. Why have they survived this long? Free is not for me, because it comes with no accountability!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

We put up a rental listing. Found a tenant with ok credit score report. Used Zillow’s lease agreement. However, it turned out to be a nightmare. Bad tenant and when I contacted Zillow to see if I can leave the tenants review to alarm other landlord, they didn’t respond quickly. It took them 10+ days to respond. Same as when I had leasing agreement questions. It was free services I used, I wonder maybe you paid for their upgraded services, they will take your request more seriously.

Zillow.com Company Information