Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

4.0/5 (729 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Zillow.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: March 3, 2021

I don't like that Zillow doesn't have a search filter for open houses. Zillow also isn't as good as Redfin at telling you when a house is contingent or pending (in fact, Zillow rarely is up-to-date with this information). I do like that Zillow gives you actual price history and shows the amount of cuts/increases over time as compared to Redfin, but it's weird that the value of the house over time as a chart includes prices listed by owners, even if the list price was later changed. It's misleading.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Zillow is a wonderful source for home searching. It is easy to use. The search bar can take just simply a zipcode or even a broader search by counties. I liked that I could put in my own filters. It definitely cut down on wasted time swiping through homes that I shouldn't even be looking at. It was also extremely helpful that it provides full information on all homes. I do admit though that there were times when the description section did not match the fact section. Also the photo quality on some of the homes was lacking. There were also times when hardly or NO photos were given. A big disappointment was a lack of floor plans and room measures on all homes by brand new.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I like the fact that your website shows me home in my general area. It’s good to see homes around me that are for sale and how much they are selling for. I have actually used this website to let friends of mine who are looking for a home to buy to check it out. Always a lot of information about the home and many pictures.

Original review: March 1, 2021

The best feature I like when using Zillow, is the map feature. I can search using the map and don't need to open another browser tab to check the address on a map. I am not sure if other sites have this feature, but Zillow is the first one I noticed using it, so I've stuck with them. You can also use the same map to search by zip code. Awesome feature. The notifications and saved search criteria are also a nice feature.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I check Zillow a few times a day and get regular email updates from them. I find their information fairly accurate and up to date. I like knowing how many homes are new on the market, along with their past sale prices. The feature which emails you with updates about your own real estate gaining/losing equity is very valuable to me. I appreciate their service.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I tried the Zillow application option, where I pay them and they pull your credit and background to make applying easy. A waste of money, owners don't view them even when they have the option to apply. Save your money and go straight to the renter agent. They all charged their own fees. Even the one (only one mind you) that opened the application contacted me to pay for their separate fees. A big money grab scam. I hope this at least saves someone else the trouble. I couldn't get a refund from Zillow so now I am going to my bank to try and get refund for misrepresentation.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I listed my home with Zillow. It took me a lot of time to to make the ad for my house for sale by owner. Zillow then added a walkthrough video from the old agent that sold us the house with his phone number on it. They never called me back. I called six times to tell them to remove it. They still have not taken my ad down off their site. I have no chance on selling my house because it doesn't look anything like that old video. Zillow used to be for the homeowner now they just try to forward your house to a broker in any way shape or form that they can. Do not sell by for sale by owner on Zillow!!!!

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have been trying to list my home FSBO for several days. I have messaged them 3 different times and not one response!! They do not provide the services they claim to! Very disappointed!! I have entered the listing several times and still NOTHING has been listed by Zillow! It continues to show ‘off market’.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have used Zillow for years and they were great! I gave them many positive reviews! Not now! I have been trying to list my home for 3 STRAIGHT DAYS NOW and cannot! They had a phone number before for help but they have changed the phone number and no help, no phone call back, NOTHING. I cannot believe how wonderful they USED to be but nothing now. They lie and say you will receive an automated phone callback. They used to do this. I would avoid ZILLOW NOW. You will be wasting your time. They must be under new management now. Very sad.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The only way to get a semi-decent Zestimate is to submit numerous photos of your home (inside and outside). This is an invasion of privacy. It is a great tool for burglars to figure out how to rob your home. If you exclude photos of the inside of your home, your home will have a lower Zestimate than comparable home in your neighborhood.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Don't bother with signing up for Zillow.com's one fee for applications for one month if you have a credit score below 650. You will never be approved for any application you fill out cause Zillow automatically lets the potential landlord/property management that you fail to meet the minimum credit score....Save your money people.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Listing status updated promptly; zestimates may not be market area accurate. Glad to see many MLS photos included, but status & selling price once sold is very good to know. Some properties may have been bought by Zillow & relisted.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I like the ability to draw a custom search area within the website to look for homes and the filters that can be applied to narrow your search quickly. I also like the general layout and functionality of the site and it is effective for analyzing the house location, some quick pictures and the pricing.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Realistic prices and wide variety of houses. I have used the website over 30 years to find deals in areas all across America. If you are looking for a first unbiased source of homes in your area, go to this website. I look all over the country to find homes and this is my first website I go to.

Original review: March 4, 2021

My apartment in Brooklyn was on Zillow and there was a lot of interest due to Zillow’s popularity and ease of navigation. It’s well organized and has an easy name to recall. I was very pleased with the results.

Zillow.com Company Information