2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Realtors pay Zillow for only 5 star reviews. There are no negative reviews allowed to be published. Fake on many positives. Do not trust this site for anything legit being said on agents. Run far away from this site.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

BEWARE and THINK ABOUT SUING Zillow!!! Their Zestimate Tool undermines and sabotages any discounts you provide to potential buyers. Your house valuation goes down with every discount/reduction. So buyers do not believe they are getting a good deal. My house valuation went down 7+% in 6 months while many of the 1000+ home in my community stayed flat. I suggest everyone who is selling their house to start collecting the valuations around you every week. If you see irregular patterns, think about suing. It is an easy case for anyone to understand and will easily side with you. Good luck!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Listed our home FSBO with Zillow with an adjusted price of 309,900. Our home is approximately 2500 square feet which is larger than other homes sold the past 6 months in our neighborhood. Zillow gave us a zestimate of approximately $265k, even though our appraiser gave us a letter stating we priced our home correctly. Another home in the neighborhood listed for $326k received a zestimate exactly for the amount they were asking even though that house was smaller by over 100 square feet. I edited our listing to show additional benefits of our home to help the zestimate but to no avail, they will not respond either to phone calls or emails to discuss this or make the necessary adjustment. They are useless and I will pull my listing and pursue other options. My recommendation DO NOT LIST WITH ZILLOW, will only hurt your chances of a sale.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Found a home listed under Zillow and realtor Kris **. Showed that she had not sold a home in a long time. Set a 5pm appt. on a weekday after work. She showed up late, smelled of booze and could not walk or speak clearly. We were embarrassed and did not wish to continue past the front door. She haunted us for 3 weeks till I was flat nasty with her.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I have a well maintained 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home, with pool, that Zillow had low priced at $304,512 in August of 2020. In September 2020, they dropped its estimate to $246,112. My problem is, they are setting low market prices - with no recourse. They say it's only an estimate, but the truth is you now have to go to extraordinary lengths to prove they are wrong. They do this with no requirement to explain or justify their actions. For most folks, a home purchase is their single highest investment/purchase. What are folks to do when a big unapproachable entity publicly devalues their retirement savings by 19% over the course of just 30 days? Keep in mind this is real estate, not the stock market.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Bought my 2,300 Sq Ft home for 138,000 four years ago. Zillow agreed with the valuation, and then raised that evaluation over the next 2 years into the 160,000 range. Then for some unknown reason they dropped my home value to $88,000. Even though every other company now lists my home in the $180,000's. I have reached out to them multiple times to correct this mistake. THEY WILL NOT RESPOND. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Have used Zillow for years to advertise rental houses, but with the change to require us to go through Zillow for calls and texts (they now assign a new phone number "to prevent scammers"), calls are recorded, and text only allows the party to put in their e-mail address. When the service was free it worked much better. This change is requiring me to advertise rentals on other sites. I will not be utilizing Zillow. We no longer get the leads we did before the phone number change. No response from customer service.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Zillow's "zestimate" for my property, which is worth $330,000 according to a written appraisal, is $254,000. The neighbors' property, 300 square feet less and untouched since 1984 is also $254,000. Is this because Zillow is starting to buy homes and they want to drive values down? I complained and all I hear is CRICKETS. Not even the courtesy of a reply.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I purchased a home in May of this year listed on Zillow. From word go, it was awful. Had to negotiate for all kinds of things left undone. The worst is not connecting the microwave vent hood to the outside. Closing would have been a nightmare but my agent saved the day. Zillow has no office in Houston to serve clients. You have to take a stack of about 100 sheets that you print yourself to a notary, have them notarized, scan them in and send the paper copy in to them. They will not accept a check at closing, it has to be electronic transfer. After closing, I was not given a key to the mailbox or a garage door opener. I had to purchase a closer and program. The key was obtained by going to the post office and requesting a new key which required installing a new lock. If a house is listed on Zillow run as fast as you can.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We listed our home For Sale By Owner on Zillow. Shortly after we decided to use a realtor and he said we would need to deactivate our Zillow listing. Zillow refuses to deactivate it. The MLS photos do not appear because Zillow will not let me, the owner, delete my For Sale By Owner listing. When I try to deactivate/delete the listing a message appears that says, this listing is now on the MLS and can only be controlled by the realtor. The realtor is unable to delete the pictures that I had uploaded because they were placed by owner. The realtor has our new pictures viewable through the MLS and any other site.

After 30 days of requests Zillow still refuses to correct the situation. There is no phone number to call. There is a corporate number that directs you to a voicemail but it is VRS and goes to a full mailbox. Really? Zillow cannot afford to staff a live person or empty their voicemail to legitimately take calls? They can't correct a situation after 30 days? I am told by my realtor that in the fine print Zillow uses a persons ad even after the listing is deactivated for advertising. I just want the listing corrected. I do not have any confidence in the Zillow system, their Zestimate or any of their products.

Zillow.com Company Information