Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

3.9/5 (729 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Zillow.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

My property is being held hostage by Zillow.com. Cannot access my account to modify photos or Price or anything. No one answers the phone. Nothing but recorded messages regardless of the seriousness of the situation. I'm possibly losing an opportunity to sell my home as a result. Worst customer service I've ever experienced it on the internet and completely ignored with more than two dozen emails. My best advice to you is to RUN.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I was very skeptical when I reached out to Zillow and was not sure if their process would work for me. I filled out an online questionnaire and got an initial offer which seemed high. I got a call from Kyle, who was a great guy to deal with and very responsive throughout the entire process. Everyone that I dealt with was very pleasant and helpful. They sent someone to do the physical inspection and and sent me a revised offer. Somehow the person who did the inspection lost about 600 sq ft of our house and hence reducing the value by $18100. Honestly I was still ok with the offer so we signed the contract. They were very understanding and flexible with closing date. We closed on time and everything went smooth and I would sell a house through Zillow again if the need arises. I did try other sites too but I found Zillow to be the easiest one to do business with. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Without Zillow we wouldn't have found our house or wouldn't have found it in time. We had told our agent to remove a certain city from our search list as we were frustrated trying to find a home. Zillow still remembered our search criteria and emailed a new listing in above mentioned city within minutes of it going live. We immediately called our Realtor, toured the house and placed a winning offer all within 6 hours of receiving the email from Zillow. We are so thankful for Zillow or else we would've never bought our dream home! It's worth mentioning Zillow's information and data WAS accurate. Forever grateful for this website.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Zillow listings are often incorrect or no longer available. They are just mining for your contact information so they can sell it to agents. They charge agents an arm and leg for these leads. You never quite know who you're going to get. I've found multiple listings for the same property with varying information. Zestimates are all over the board. Not at all impressed.

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2021

Zillow was able to resolve the issue to my satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Recently I need to report incorrect price history on my property listed for sale showing up on Zillow. The issue is that it shows a price cut, highlighted in red right below the price, the price cut was a reference from a prior unauthorized and withdrawn listing, which has a totally different listing ID. All other Websites (Realtor, Trullia, Redfin, Coldwell Banker, etc...) does not have this obvious indication. This creates very misleading market indication.

During the past 4 days, there have been multiple attempts to reach out to Zillow from my current real estate agent, previous real estate agent, and myself via phone calls and emails, and there has not been any response. On the contrary, a live customer rep from Realtor.com answered a call on Saturday and took action right away on the call. I was so impressed with Realtor.com customer services. As the largest real estate website, Zillow really needs to improve customer services.

Resolution response: Aug. 17, 2021

Since my previous review, Zillow has worked with me to improve my experience with them. I have received much better service and the process is going much more smoothly. I appreciate the effort they are making!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Tried to work with Zillow to have the company purchase my home. The advisor/agent handling the sale was horrific! She did not respond to communication from me after telling me to reach out with any questions. Although Zillow made what seemed like a decent offer at first, the contract was full of vague fees and an extravagant holdback fee (fee kept for 30 days after sale) even though they were buying my home "as is." The advisor completely cut off communication with me after I let her know I was sending the contract to a real estate attorney for review. They don't want you working with an outside agent and they really don't want you consulting an attorney for advice. Unless you want to sign your house away, don't do it!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I reached out to Zillow for a home rental tour on 7/16/21. I was told that the house would be occupied until 8/3/21 and no tours could be done until 8/4/21. I had correspondence with Sarah ** who gave me this information. I emailed her on 8/4/21 with no response until 8/5/21 where she said the house had been rented. I don't appreciate being misled in this way as obviously they were showing the house and more than likely had someone else in mind. I should have been suspicious when I couldn't find it listed on 8/3/21 when I was looking for it. This is a crummy way to do business and I will never do business with Zillow again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

A couple of weeks ago I found out that I can sell my home to Zillow, and they have a program that will allow me to purchase a new home through them, and do this as an "all-in-one"! Amazing! They call this Zillow 360. Well, the program sounds amazing in theory. What they should've called it was "Zillow Wasteyourtime". After getting a preliminary idea of what they would offer me I signed up for more info on the program, and was contacted very quickly by someone, and urged to setup an evaluation on my home (this is how you find an actual amount that Zillow will pay you for your home). I made an appointment online for a date 11 days out. No problem. I sent an E-Mail with questions to the agent who had contacted me, and this is where the issues began.

The agent would answer some of my questions, but only after multiple E-Mails. She asked me if I would like "Zillow Home Loans" to reach out to me, a day AFTER saying that she would request it already. Then once Zillow Home Loans (ZHL) contacted me, it only got worse. I got mixed information from the loan officer and his assistant about his availability. After a few days of E-Mails and questions we scheduled a call. He called me an hour late, in the middle of dinner. We scheduled a second call, he called an hour EARLY this time and left a voicemail saying he would be busy at the appointment time and he would call 30-60 minutes after it. He never did. Despite this I still scheduled a third appointment with him, and this time he called almost TWO hours late.

It really shouldn't have surprised me at all that the Zillow evaluator simply no-call/no-showed on me the date of our appointment. I'm not sure why I thought I would have a different experience with that... but I learned my lesson. This is a terrible company with an "okay" website. A lot of the houses are out of date and they don't have enough filtering options. But it's fast and I like the lay out. After this, however, I will be using realtor.com for my house hunting and zillow can miss out on the money they would've pocketed by having me as a customer.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

My boyfriend and I both put in an application for multiple rental houses. We each paid our separate application fee to Zillow, only to see on a different page that the houses were already off market. So they leave the houses up just to collect application fees.

Original review: July 25, 2021

I rent housing for victims of domestic abuse. I am not able to hide the address of the rentals for their safety. I attempted to use a different address but Zillow requires you to "claim" the property before photos can be downloaded. Also the photos of the properties posted are permanently recorded on the entire web. Not just on their site but the entire web. Even after the listing is removed a person can simply type in the address and photos from Zillow appear. This is a terrible security problem. Make sure not to expose, in any way, the layout of a home. I also wonder if Zillow is working with building departments to attempt to catch remodels done without permits. Not safe or private.

Zillow.com Company Information