2.7/5 (1396 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Zillow.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: April 24, 2022

Zillow charges a prospective tenant $29 to apply for rental units for 30 days but the realtors are so irresponsible that it's impossible to get anywhere. They don't respond to inquiries, don't open applications and don't remove rented listings. Having collected its fee, Zillow maintains that none of this is their problem, and they have no system in place to hold the realtor or owner accountable for incompetence.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Zillow could NOT care less about how they treat YOU as long as YOU pay them their monthly fee for the terrible lead(s). Most of the leads were for $200k or less and were always SLOW to respond when a great house came on the market. They charged me $860 my LAST month with these crooks and got zero leads. I called and asked about my leads. "Some months you don't get any leads," they told me. $860 right out the door!!!!

I refuted the charge and then sent certified mail to all three of their offices in Washington State. They NEVER responded even after Vida **, Zillow Business Consultant, lied to me and then deceived me by not sending me the phone recordings. Finally, Senior Manager, David **, refused a refund even after phone recordings were made and Zillow NEVER responded to my certified letters. Horrible people!!!! Stay away from Zillow leads!!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

First & worst experience with Sado ** at Zillow. Let’s begin with the fact that he does not answer the phone, I’ve called numerous times during the Refinancing process & not once has he picked up the phone, I can only get through to him when he needs information from me. Sado was extremely confident with the appraisal being waived. Here is a text directly from Sado regarding the appraisal, "Ok so No Cash to Close, not a penny out of pocket. We're paying off/consolidating the Mortgage and the Main Student Loan of 33k. All in all about 671 as your new Mortgage Payment going forward. All the while, no appraisal needed."

A couple days later it seemed that we needed an appraisal ordered after he stated that it wasn’t needed. He told me that Zillow would waive the $500 appraisal fee. The appraiser popped in & within 2 hours of the appraiser leaving (on a Saturday) I received an email from Sado with the revised docs with a higher estimated payment. My question is how can docs be revised if the appraisal report wasn’t even in yet, I mean the appraiser just left & within 2 hours I get an email with revised docs. I attempted to call Sado several times afterwards & again he Never answers.

I was fed up & switched to another financing company called Octane which gave me a better interest rate & most importantly answers the phone when I call. I proceeded with Octane & terminated the relationship with Zillow. A week later they sent me an email with a $500 appraisal charge. I called Sado (of course no answer). He then texts me apologizing for being busy. I explained why I’m terminating the relationship with Zillow & he then told me that Zillow was only going to roll the Appraisal into the loan when he clearly stated the appraisal would be waived. Sado doesn’t seem to communicate well at all! Telling someone that Zillow would eat the appraisal fee then say it was only going to be rolled into the loan so I wouldn’t need cash to close has deception & scam written all over it. Dalisha **, the underwriter at Zillow also assured me that the appraisal fee was waived. She is another one that does not answer the phone under any circumstances!

I will never again use Zillow for anything in the future. Everything mentioned here is exactly what occurred. I have the entire text thread as evidence yet Zillow keeps denying my review & tells me I should alter it. Zillow, please state which part you find illegal & if it is regarding an appraisal waiver attempt then Sado is guilty. How is it logic for my review to be flagged when this is exactly what happened! If this review isn’t posted I’ll be taking legal action against zillow!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I left an honest review of an agent who never responded to my calls. I used no profanity or personal attacks. I said "she never responded to my calls. I will find another agent in the area to work with, good grief!" WOW! Rejected because it does not follow guidelines. I read guidelines. I did NOT do any of the things they list as not allowed. Bug off, Zillow!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I have been searching for a housemate in any big beautiful historic. I have been advertising on Craigslist for 10 years and got 10 excellent people. SpareRoom referred me to a convicted stalker and had to report it to police. However, SpareRoom wanted to use my name in the complaint. Roommates.com is and Zillow does by give you an opportunity to detail the amenities correctly so I’ve received phone calls, yes phone calls, from completely rude and pushy people. How did they get my phone number. These people are just another corporation looking for a lawsuit. Awful. Awful. Awful.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

The only reason I put one star - there is no negative stars. This is a big scheme. Our office is a real estate office. They talked us into purchasing the leads. Few years back it was making sense. But now.... First of all they lie about market share that you are buying. When we decided to spend $1,000 per month they said that we were buying 30% of market share for a given zip code. So, we were getting some calls until everything came to a halt. We called our rep and he said that we don't have 30% anymore. They said that somebody purchased more. But there was an opportunity to buy more market share and they talked us into spending $1,600/month for 54% of market share. This was automatically putting us into position #1.

Well, few months later our name disappeared again. We called in with the questions and we were told that this market is no longer at 100%. Now it was guaranteed 3 slots at 100% each. After few more sales pitches they talked us into purchasing 70% of market share for $3,200 per month. Few months later our name is again nowhere to be found! So, we called again and this time we are told that this zip code is outperforming and they "ADDED MORE INVENTORY (?????)" and if we wanted to still have our market share/presence we would need to add another $3,000 in addition to $3,200 per month.

Well first of all this is constantly changing rules game/pyramid. But here is the trick how 'MARKET OUTPERFORMING' - they connect us with clients who are trying to buy the property that is already under contract! they also connecting with clients who want to work exclusively with listing agent. There are tons of fake calls/connections. They are connecting with people who already have an agent and their agent simply is out of town today or have a family function and cannot show today. AGENT! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A CONTRACT WITH ZILLOW - RUN! You are wasting your money.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

They blocked my number from the platform so I have no access information to posted listings. I'm a fierce negotiator. I bought a house remotely and the closing was badly handled. 0 star in my records.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The offer was fair, but their communication is terrible and the way they handled the closing is downright criminal. Closing was scheduled at the time the contract to purchase was signed. They don’t respond to multiple emails, calls and texts for updates over the course of several weeks prior to closing. The week before closing they reach out to schedule the final walkthrough. They schedule it 3 days before closing (because that’s where they could fit it in, keep in mind closing had been scheduled for 5 weeks at this point). They emailed us the afternoon before the walkthrough that if we aren’t completely out of the house by the walkthrough they would hold back $5000.00 the day of closing. There was no way for us with that short of notice to move up the movers. Here we are the night of closing (my husband and I signed our part of the documents at 9 am) and the deed hasn’t been recorded and we have received no money. BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Zillow's Zestimates are not even close to accurate. They offer to buy homes for way less than the value. And as I am leaving real estate I am trying to delete my professional account with no luck. I have reached out to them twice and of course no response. They overcharge agent for leads that they are selling to multiple agents. There is nothing good to say about this company.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Zillow.com rentals is so frustrating to use! Can't contact owners directly with a phone call. Most are just huge companies doing rentals and to even deal with them it's a huge pain! You're going to chase your tail a lot. Do not recommend.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

HOW ZILLOW NOW SOCKS IT TO THE HOME SELLER (without a realtor)- FSBO

From Zillow

"Moreover, earlier this year, we added new options to sort listings on Zillow. Listings are filtered into two categories: ‘Agent Listings’ and ‘Other Listings. You can easily toggle back and forth to find great homes in each category."

FROM THE HOME OWNER AS SELLER TO ZILLOW

You might pass along the, Forcing "Other Listings", now a reality, puts all FSBO home sellers at a major disadvantage. I research homes for sale all the time and missed that extra step completely, as it does for most others. By not even showing my home is for sale in the satellite roof top view, everyone thinks nothing more is for sale on my block with a realtor’s listing next door. If only the realtors know to look for the FSBO sellers grouped together, like shooting fish in a barrels, separately, and apart, then I understand why. I have zero response from my advertised open house last week, and multiple calls from agents fishing for a listing. It all looks like an intentional concept to support complaints from realtors having to find or contend with FSBO’S at the expense of the FSBO (home owner). You must now be excluded from the Open House listing and forced to hit a button tagged other listing to see your open house ad.

No one sees the FSBO ad, and this Zillow change, puts the, "home owner for sale", and the “Home to Buy Researcher”, at a tremendous disadvantage! Then, there is the always maligned Zestimate to contended with… My home is for sale at $459,900.00. New to Zillow, Zillow has made an offer to buy my home at $443,000. Yet the Zestimate from Zillow is at $426,000 ???? WHY?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

They take your money and act like things are moving along but do nothing. ZILLOW does nothing different than what we can do on our own. Shame on you guys. Zillow should not be allowed on websites. Spam and block ZILLOW!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

My property is being held hostage by Zillow.com. Cannot access my account to modify photos or Price or anything. No one answers the phone. Nothing but recorded messages regardless of the seriousness of the situation. I'm possibly losing an opportunity to sell my home as a result. Worst customer service I've ever experienced it on the internet and completely ignored with more than two dozen emails. My best advice to you is to RUN.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I was very skeptical when I reached out to Zillow and was not sure if their process would work for me. I filled out an online questionnaire and got an initial offer which seemed high. I got a call from Kyle, who was a great guy to deal with and very responsive throughout the entire process. Everyone that I dealt with was very pleasant and helpful. They sent someone to do the physical inspection and and sent me a revised offer. Somehow the person who did the inspection lost about 600 sq ft of our house and hence reducing the value by $18100. Honestly I was still ok with the offer so we signed the contract. They were very understanding and flexible with closing date. We closed on time and everything went smooth and I would sell a house through Zillow again if the need arises. I did try other sites too but I found Zillow to be the easiest one to do business with. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Without Zillow we wouldn't have found our house or wouldn't have found it in time. We had told our agent to remove a certain city from our search list as we were frustrated trying to find a home. Zillow still remembered our search criteria and emailed a new listing in above mentioned city within minutes of it going live. We immediately called our Realtor, toured the house and placed a winning offer all within 6 hours of receiving the email from Zillow. We are so thankful for Zillow or else we would've never bought our dream home! It's worth mentioning Zillow's information and data WAS accurate. Forever grateful for this website.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Zillow listings are often incorrect or no longer available. They are just mining for your contact information so they can sell it to agents. They charge agents an arm and leg for these leads. You never quite know who you're going to get. I've found multiple listings for the same property with varying information. Zestimates are all over the board. Not at all impressed.

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2021

Zillow was able to resolve the issue to my satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Recently I need to report incorrect price history on my property listed for sale showing up on Zillow. The issue is that it shows a price cut, highlighted in red right below the price, the price cut was a reference from a prior unauthorized and withdrawn listing, which has a totally different listing ID. All other Websites (Realtor, Trullia, Redfin, Coldwell Banker, etc...) does not have this obvious indication. This creates very misleading market indication.

During the past 4 days, there have been multiple attempts to reach out to Zillow from my current real estate agent, previous real estate agent, and myself via phone calls and emails, and there has not been any response. On the contrary, a live customer rep from Realtor.com answered a call on Saturday and took action right away on the call. I was so impressed with Realtor.com customer services. As the largest real estate website, Zillow really needs to improve customer services.

Resolution response: Aug. 17, 2021

Since my previous review, Zillow has worked with me to improve my experience with them. I have received much better service and the process is going much more smoothly. I appreciate the effort they are making!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Tried to work with Zillow to have the company purchase my home. The advisor/agent handling the sale was horrific! She did not respond to communication from me after telling me to reach out with any questions. Although Zillow made what seemed like a decent offer at first, the contract was full of vague fees and an extravagant holdback fee (fee kept for 30 days after sale) even though they were buying my home "as is." The advisor completely cut off communication with me after I let her know I was sending the contract to a real estate attorney for review. They don't want you working with an outside agent and they really don't want you consulting an attorney for advice. Unless you want to sign your house away, don't do it!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I reached out to Zillow for a home rental tour on 7/16/21. I was told that the house would be occupied until 8/3/21 and no tours could be done until 8/4/21. I had correspondence with Sarah ** who gave me this information. I emailed her on 8/4/21 with no response until 8/5/21 where she said the house had been rented. I don't appreciate being misled in this way as obviously they were showing the house and more than likely had someone else in mind. I should have been suspicious when I couldn't find it listed on 8/3/21 when I was looking for it. This is a crummy way to do business and I will never do business with Zillow again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

A couple of weeks ago I found out that I can sell my home to Zillow, and they have a program that will allow me to purchase a new home through them, and do this as an "all-in-one"! Amazing! They call this Zillow 360. Well, the program sounds amazing in theory. What they should've called it was "Zillow Wasteyourtime". After getting a preliminary idea of what they would offer me I signed up for more info on the program, and was contacted very quickly by someone, and urged to setup an evaluation on my home (this is how you find an actual amount that Zillow will pay you for your home). I made an appointment online for a date 11 days out. No problem. I sent an E-Mail with questions to the agent who had contacted me, and this is where the issues began.

The agent would answer some of my questions, but only after multiple E-Mails. She asked me if I would like "Zillow Home Loans" to reach out to me, a day AFTER saying that she would request it already. Then once Zillow Home Loans (ZHL) contacted me, it only got worse. I got mixed information from the loan officer and his assistant about his availability. After a few days of E-Mails and questions we scheduled a call. He called me an hour late, in the middle of dinner. We scheduled a second call, he called an hour EARLY this time and left a voicemail saying he would be busy at the appointment time and he would call 30-60 minutes after it. He never did. Despite this I still scheduled a third appointment with him, and this time he called almost TWO hours late.

It really shouldn't have surprised me at all that the Zillow evaluator simply no-call/no-showed on me the date of our appointment. I'm not sure why I thought I would have a different experience with that... but I learned my lesson. This is a terrible company with an "okay" website. A lot of the houses are out of date and they don't have enough filtering options. But it's fast and I like the lay out. After this, however, I will be using realtor.com for my house hunting and zillow can miss out on the money they would've pocketed by having me as a customer.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

My boyfriend and I both put in an application for multiple rental houses. We each paid our separate application fee to Zillow, only to see on a different page that the houses were already off market. So they leave the houses up just to collect application fees.

Original review: July 25, 2021

I rent housing for victims of domestic abuse. I am not able to hide the address of the rentals for their safety. I attempted to use a different address but Zillow requires you to "claim" the property before photos can be downloaded. Also the photos of the properties posted are permanently recorded on the entire web. Not just on their site but the entire web. Even after the listing is removed a person can simply type in the address and photos from Zillow appear. This is a terrible security problem. Make sure not to expose, in any way, the layout of a home. I also wonder if Zillow is working with building departments to attempt to catch remodels done without permits. Not safe or private.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Amazing and professional work done by Elena and her team. Lots to learn from her in today’s market. She was able to find a house for us based on our needs in a quickly manner. I truly recommend her at anytime if you need an agent.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I submitted an offer to Zillow on one of their homes last Friday. The offer was initially declined but when my agent asked them to counter the offer, they called back and accepted it since the house was on the market for a while. The only change they had was the Earnest money had to be submitted to the Zillow attorney and not per the original offer. My real estate agent asked them to submit the information and I would forward the Earnest money. The next day, my agent called back and asked them to submit the ACH information so we could proceed with the sale. Again, Zillow confirmed with my agent verbally and via email that the offer was accepted and I would have the information the following Monday.

In between that time and Monday morning, they accepted another offer from a buyer and sold the house that was agreed upon via email and verbally (in Georgia, a verbal agreement is valid). When confronted, Zillow's response was we had poor communication internally and 'sorry'. This is unacceptable and bad practice. My agent has reported this to her legal department and is notifying the state. If at all possible, avoid buying a Zillow home. The same thing may happen to you also.

Original review: May 31, 2021

I signed up with Zillow right after I received my license, Ryann was helping me find zip codes. Though the zip code I bought into was not an area I knew I did receive 12 calls; though the people had no money to buy. I was done. So I told Ryan I was not going to buy any more zip codes. Ryan gave my account to Amanda, who talked me into buying 77070, I signed up in May and no calls and the one person who did call had an agent, second person to call I met, he definitely was not looking for a home to buy. I asked for a refund and they declined. I asked my CC to get my refund and they said I didn't fill out the cancel my account on their form. What form, last zip code I canceled Ryan refunded it with a text. This is definitely a scam internet company who needs to be shut down and I will make sure they are. 692.00 for one month of no referrals. I am a struggling new agent; shame on them.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I am a California Licensed Broker and have compared Zillow's "Zestimates" to real world MLS comps. Zillow is typically way off. For my own house they say it's market value is approximately 50% of actual value. Their algorithms don't seem to have the ability to take into account similar properties, square footage, views, garage space, etc. On a property I manage, Zillow's "Zestimate" is approximately 20% higher than actual sales. I have submitted actual data to them twice. It's ignored. My opinion is Zillow's "Zestimates" are a joke!

Original review: May 13, 2021

I am a Combat Veteran was buying a home and the agent said to sign the contract. One hour later she says the home was sold in CASH. Not good business and being Professional at all. I really liked the home, not only that she sent in the contract late going for $ 214,500. My banker told her we will give you 221,500 and that will cover the closing cost and my maximum offer was $250,000 and still lost the home!!!

Original review: May 8, 2021

I tried the Zillow application option, where I pay them and they pull your credit and background to make applying easy. A waste of money, owners don't view them even when they have the option to apply. Save your money and go straight to the renter agent. They all charged their own fees. Even the one (only one mind you) that opened the application contacted me to pay for their separate fees. A big money grab scam. I hope this at least saves someone else the trouble. I couldn't get a refund from Zillow so now I am going to my bank to try and get refund for misrepresentation.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I listed my home with Zillow. It took me a lot of time to to make the ad for my house for sale by owner. Zillow then added a walkthrough video from the old agent that sold us the house with his phone number on it. They never called me back. I called six times to tell them to remove it. They still have not taken my ad down off their site. I have no chance on selling my house because it doesn't look anything like that old video. Zillow used to be for the homeowner now they just try to forward your house to a broker in any way shape or form that they can. Do not sell by for sale by owner on Zillow!!!!

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have been trying to list my home FSBO for several days. I have messaged them 3 different times and not one response!! They do not provide the services they claim to! Very disappointed!! I have entered the listing several times and still NOTHING has been listed by Zillow! It continues to show ‘off market’.

Zillow.com Company Information