1.13/5

479 Zillow.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My home is for sale with a local agent, the Zestimate on my property is so low for my property and so inaccurate that it is hurting my listing. You cannot find a 5 bedroom 3 bath house on a large lot for 261,000 unless it's falling down. It is on for 273,000 and it the Zestimate has gone down 4 times in a week. You are jeopardizing the sale of my home, because your system is so flawed it appears as though my home is overpriced.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My husband received a call from a Zillow representative with a very heavy accent. We had problems understanding. Wanting to verify our listing. She refused to give her name and my husband after giving her the address of the property must have given the zip code wrong. Not understanding what the woman wanted he gave the phone to me. She was rude demanding who the owner was. I gave my name and my husband's name and she said Zillow does not allow two people owning a property to list it. I was speaking to my husband (I was in a business meeting) and said why he didn't handle the call. Then your representative said, "MAAM THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING." I said, "Warning for what?" She repeated that Zillow did not allow two owners of a property to list (even though we are spouses). I told the rep that it had already been on Zillow for a year and we just renewed the listing.

She was calling from a NY area code. I asked what country she was in and she said Las Vegas. The representative said our listing was removed. We then called the same number back ** and did talk to 'Lucy' who sounded like a Philippine call center. I asked to talk to someone in the US she again said she was in Las Vegas. I asked to talk to a supervisor and without even putting me on hold said the supervisor was in a meeting. I have requested a call back from someone who will not be threatening or rude to explain their policy. Have not heard back yet. They do not even have a live person answering their customer service number listed and you have to google phone number for Zillow. Not even on their website.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We went under contract with Zillow in May 2018 and (signed a Dotloop document) that stated what our ad spend was and their ad match. Suddenly we were being charged over $300 MORE than agreed upon. I spoke to our "rep" asking if our lender had stopped paying. She said no. When I saw the charge appear again I called and was told I authorized the ad spend increase. No I never did. I asked to have it removed and they have still not removed it. I asked about the ad match we had been guaranteed and was reflected on our contract. I was told we never had an ad match and they could find no contract. The "manager" Jose that we spoke with was completely unsympathetic and refused to assist or credit me back my money they overcharged, fix the ad match or adjust the account. FRAUD!! SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had an inaccurately negative review written on me, and the Zillow website does not give an option for me to respond with my side. I wrote Zillow twice refuting how the review was inaccurate. The reviewer complained mainly on pricing. Notwithstanding the fact I have written evidence proving the reviewer skewed the facts in her complaint, the other metrics upon which I was rated poorly had nothing to do with her complaint. The reviewer simply could not afford the property, and she blamed her inability to purchase on our 'unfair pricing.' But Zillow didn't bother fact-checking this. So for the sake of the argument let's say that the reviewer had a legitimate complaint about the pricing (somehow it was our fault she couldn't afford it).

How can I be rated with one star on responsiveness, work quality and punctuality when the reviewer did not complain about these? I have proof that I was very, very responsive to her. I have also requested several vendors (I do not have employees) and tenants to provide reviews on me if they were satisfied with our working relationship. At least one vendor told me Zillow keeps kicking back his review for changes because they were too positive. So far only the one negative one star review has been allowed, no questions asked. This is slander, and Zillow is complicit in allowing this smear upon my branding by 1) not allowing me to respond publicly with my side, and 2) having a higher bar for posting positive reviews than negative ones. Somehow negative reviews require no fact checking but positive reviews require 'toning down.'

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Zillow Offers says they make an initial offer based on seller disclosures, market value and images the seller provide. If you choose to accept the initial offer and move forward, Zillow will do an in home evaluation. All good so far... Here is where the fun comes in. After the in home evaluation, Zillow adjusts their price by asking for concessions AND a lot of them!!! They will charge you for new paint, laundry room demolition, (you read that right), pool cleaning and demo of items not conveying!!!. Zillow then states that none of it was accounted for in the initial offer... Really Zillow? Why did I send you photos and disclose to get the original offer? Bait and switch? YES! Paying to flip my own house? YES! Shady business practice waiting for the seller with no other options? ABSOLUTELY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

With 26 years of experience, I thought I might have the upper hand once I got a lead on the phone after they clicked a button to be contacted. Well with an average response time of under 60 seconds, I have only had a limited conversation with less than 1% of the leads. Of the 1%, 95% of the conversations were shocked I called them, which is weird since they just put their information in to be contacted immediately.

I understand lead generation is a percentage game but this Zillow system is horrible. I've wasted 4,000.00 that I really didn't have and only wanted 1 deal out of it to cover the cost of the program. Even if you are brand new in the business, you should go on the road and meet "anyone" you can because at least you will be $4,000 richer. If they allowed zero stars I would have given the program zero.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Home was listed with a very reputable company. Zillow apparently picks up listings after they have been posted to say, Realtor.com. Having watched the home listing on Realtor and also Zillow, some things become apparent. 1. Viewers of the home fluctuates up and down as well as those that save the sight. No big deal.

2. The most disturbing thing is that the Zillow estimate also fluctuates. Might expect this over time, but when you see the price change three times in a 36 hour period you have to seriously doubt the competency of this organization.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I signed up for Zillow about a month ago and was promised "at least" 3 pre-screened leads and did not even receive one lead, call or email! I tried to cancel and get a refund but was called back by someone rude named Edward. He told me that I would not get a refund even if I received no leads. He then told me he would call me back in 5 minutes which he never did. Not only have I not received any leads or a refund my card was charged AGAIN! Even though I told them I want to cancel! I've tried emailing and calling to resolve this but have had no luck and don't know where else to turn?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

This is pure robbery! Zillow agents repeatedly told me that they would screen clients. So far none of the clients, are approved, can get approved, or want to get approved. This is utter BS. NO to Zillow!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

If you are a real estate agent looking for internet leads, don't be fooled by Zillow claims of yielding any ROI. What Zillow counts as leads, are random people that click on your picture. Zillow claims that you can convert these leads in the long run by following their conversion plan. It didn't work and I spent my time and money in vain. As a matter of fact, most of the so called leads want the listing agent. When they find that you are not the listing agent they will specifically tell you that they don't want to work with you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

So after sitting through a presentation over the phone where the Zillow representative showed my partner and I how the Premier Agent can benefit from paying Zillow $430 we agreed to pay the $430 for 30% of the local market. Being new in real estate we believed them when they said this was really the best and only way to get solid leads with pre-screened buyers. When we hesitated to do it, she responded that this was a now or never deal. So we took the deal hesitantly.

Then the next month we were charged another $430. I called and asked what was going on and she said that we were under a 6 month contract. When I asked to see this contract that we were unaware of when we signed up initially she sent me over a contract with my name on it, the amount charged, but no signature. She cannot provide a signed contract by me nor will she release me from this contract that I had never seen or signed before. It's like they forgot to complete the step because they were too focused on getting our money.

We trusted Zillow because they are a big giant in real estate. This was to our detriment because apparently they can continue to charge you every month without providing the agent with anything other than listing your name along with several other agents next to listings that buyers look at. They don't pre-screen them as promised either. All around a truly bad experience. Use your marketing money somewhere else. Zillow is a terrible waste of time and money and they won't provide you with anything beneficial.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We had our house appraised by ZILLOW OFFERS. They offered us a cash price 15% below the current market value, despite comparable comps. The Zillow Zestimate and RANGE feels like a bait and switch tactic, as the offer they gave us BEFORE deducting paint, carpeting, etc from the price, was not even INSIDE the Zillow Zestimate range, which was between $433k-$480k and there was nothing wrong with our house besides some minor things.

Zillow charges the home seller BOTH a LISTING AGENT COMMISSION AND BUYING AGENT COMMISSION. If you're going to be charged these realty fees anyway, you might as well actually use a Listing agent and Buying agent who will present you with multiple offers and are motivated to get the highest price for your house so they can get better commissions. Why pay these fees if you're not actually getting the best price?

We listed on Zillow as FSBO (for sale by owner), but Zillow is charging us these fees anyway, which defeats the whole purpose of avoiding agent fees as FSBO.

Obviously the 15% below market price is a lowball offer, only good if you don't have the energy to list with an actual agent (since you will be paying those commission fees anyway) or are in an emergency situation and need quick cash. I don't see why any homeowner would go thru Zillow Offers. There is no benefit to being charged broker commissions, when they are not even giving you the market price.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Zillow listed my house and it wasn't even for sale or rent! When I emailed them to remove it, they said to make an account with them and log on and remove it myself. I said I didn't want an account or to do that. Probably just a way to get info from me. Then they said I had to prove I was the owner. I said, "Well you listed fraudulently without my consent, knowledge or any kind of proof." But I still had to prove I was the owner, so I did. Felt very uncomfortable proving it, because I didn't want to give them any personal info since they are not a trustworthy company clearly.

While it was fraudulently for sale, I had Realtors calling and stopping by. So annoying! After several emails and days later and me proving I was the owner, they finally removed it. I asked for the info on how it got listed and they would not give it to me. The whole thing was annoying, time-consuming and total fraud on their part I feel!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

After using this "contact" service for some time, the efficacy of the contacts had degraded. The employee that called me this morning, Lauren, gave me her explanation of the stock market, recent election and several other factors, all of which I'm sure the management team at Zillow decided is the best was to handle subscribers that call to complain about the quality of their offering. I'll assume Lauren, a customer advocate person, is going through this daily.

As I began explaining the challenges I've had, Lauren's only solution was to "let you out of your contract". Lauren stated "this is service is no longer working for you". I was simply looking for an explanation why I had not received the services that were explained to me (warm transfer of "qualified" contacts) that some other Zillow employee stated I would receive when they adopted the new one contact per month for $500 fee. None of that happened either. Maybe others have experienced a higher level of service and better payoff, but when I tried to explain that I had not received a single qualified buyer contact in nearly three months (Lauren didn't offer any of my money back), Lauren's solution was to go back when I did get a buyer that closed to explain to me that my ROI should be sufficient to absorb the months where their service lacked luster.

Instead of offering a different zip-code area, using her statistics to overcome my concerns, offering some type of benefit for retention of my subscription, her only option was cut-bait and get to the next person, of course... Zillow has it made. They use the database I pay for as a realtor that we give them access to. The only reason Lauren called was to rebuke everything I stated as an area of concern, rather Lauren was super focused on her statistics and analysis of a market, over 2500 miles away from her office, insisting she was the queen of contact conversion and she was there to help me understand how to be more effective.

Lauren's condescending attitude is, for some reason, what I expected as a typical response. Lauren was quick to terminate my subscription, so as to make sure I'm "totally satisfied". This will allow the lack of leads to go to a smaller subscriber audience, and maybe they'll be happy with them. I'm putting my marketing dollars into realtor.com and maybe Lauren will sleep better knowing there's one less angry agent that she or her colleagues will need to contend with moving forward.

Happy holidays Zillow. Take the $1,500 that I've given you for NO LEADS and maybe Lauren can use it to help the next person that inquires about how they (Zillow) can help us be more effective contact conversion experts... After all, I have only been selling for 3+ decades, was nominated for VIP at HP twice (received once), during my nearly 15 years, at HP, in sales and after generating nearly $500,000,000 in lifetime sales, I guess Lauren had all of the answers. She sure liked to think she did. One less realtor subscriber to Zillow in Tampa, FL - Charles.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Well you do get leads, few. Many people call to offer their service of cleaning my home and stuff like that. Other times random text of people enter through the app, and when you call, those people don’t even know who you are, they seem surprised that someone deviated their personal text or phone call to become a Zillow lead. Lately all they do is send messages like, "Sorry we missed you," but when I look, the phone never rang, email did not collect any info, the app does not even have info collected, it seem like they just make that up to justify how astronomically high their charges are like, thousand and thousands. And how bad their service is. Good look canceling, they would keep you in hold.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

An absolutely huge waste of hard earned money. Once you sign that contract the tone of your account rep totally changes. They sucker you in and steal your money. If you want to try Zillow DO NOT sign the 6 month contract. Go month to month and refuse the concierge service, all they do is scare leads off. I have been successfully doing real estate for 18 years and this by far was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent for lead generation. Terrible!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

What a waste of time and money, a 6 month contract and the hole in my pocket was larger by over $3000.00. The app does not work outside of WIFI. I have been an agent for 8 years so I pretty much know what I am doing, I know a scam when I see one. Not one lead materialized and they charged $187 per lead. I complained to the person I was dealing with ( Mr. Johnathan **). A pleasant enough guy with no resolutions except "I understand"- while trying to sell me a new product. You are better off advertising in your local newspaper and doing your regular networking - trust me this does not work!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Having lived in Seattle for over a decade, I was an early fan a promoter. However, Zillow has failed recently in many ways. Go to RedFin - don't waste your time with Zillow, why? Zillow's Zestimates are horrible. The idea of harvesting publicly available information was promising, but their algorithms are dumber than a brick.

As a fan, I even tried on several occasions (I own 4 properties) to 'help' them improve their algos with 'inside information to no avail. The best you can do is get a CS rep that could give two craps about your 'help' or opinions, not even willing to pass along actual sales contracts (which Zillow doesn't have). I was aware of Redfin, but only from a discount RE alternative. Until recently, I learned that RE agents actually pay attention to RedFin, provide guidance and totally disregard Zillow - even in Seattle...and for good reason!!

I have deleted my Zillow apps in favor of Redfin, and you should do the same - Zillow had great promise, but has absolutely FAILED to deliver. Dont waste your time or energy - they are lost in the wilderness and really dont care about improving their platform (which is rapidly losing credibility). Dont believe me, go check what Wall Street analysts has to say - they are a dead company still walking.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

If you are an agent thinking about advertising on Zillow beware! The sales people exaggerate on how many leads you get. The leads are almost all worthless. It's a 6 month contract. Plus I got billed another $1,000 even AFTER my contract expired due to something in their fine print saying they can do this unless you call them in time to "cancel" on a contract that is EXPIRED. That is just stealing now. I got ZERO "seller boost" leads that they promised. You will pay huge money and if you are lucky you will make as much as you spend. This means you have worked for nothing. Your so called ROI that they show you is considering that you worked your tail off and should be MUCH higher. You are better off investing it in the stock market. Stay away from Zillow. There are plenty of other forms of advertising that are a far better ROI.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

People be aware of Zillow app. They are sharing information with real estate agents. I had no idea my agent can see what I mark on my tablet as of - favorite homes. This is invasion of privacy. It's my business what I like not his. It brings another question - what else they can see on my tablet.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Where do I start with Zillow/Trulia!! I have been advertising with Zillow as a premier agent for months now, and I can tell you that it is 100% a scam. I needed a new place to allocate some advertising dollars and decided to give Zillow a try. The sales rep, Kevin **, told me the number of leads per zip I would receive (18) for the spend I was willing to do ($1400 a month). Zillow makes you sign a 6 month contract, and I was a bit hesitant to commit to $8400 for 6 months worth of advertising.

Over the first few weeks, I realized that I made a terrible BIG mistake. I would say 90% of the leads are absolutely worthless. I was receiving rental leads and I told the rep that I needed leads for home purchases ONLY. That's how we make money-selling homes and not renting them!! He respond that he was a are and that they would refund me and never fit credit me or refund me! Second off they were advertising properties that were not listed for months or that were sold months ago... TOTAL SCAM AND TOTAL DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING!! Not sure how they are still around and how this company Is not shut down yet. I have had several real estate agents go on there a click the lead and then tell me they are agents wondering about the property for sale that was not for sale on our local Realtracs website! Of course it's not on MLS because ZILLOW WAS FALSY ADVERTISING THIS PROPERTY.

At the end of the day that lead was counted against my leads as a one of my leads- It's a TOTAL SCAM- DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH THESE SHARKS!! It is a SCAM. I asked the rep, Kevin, to see if he can cancel my first week into it and of course he could not. He asked me to pay 2 months to buy out of my contract! WOW!!! I asked him if I get leads for those 2 months and he said NO- that month buy out (2800) was to get out of their scam! I want to get the word out to everyone in the real estate business so maybe I can save you from getting scammed and ripped off. DO NOT ADVERTISE ON ZILLOW or TRULIA! I am filing a class action lawsuit against them for so many reasons. If you would like to join me- send me a message.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I have owned my home for 3 years. The home was built in 2006. It was a HUD home which I repaired and updated with about $55,000 worth of repairs and updates. I signed into Zillow and found my home immediately dropped 35,000 in value making it the lowest priced home in my subdivision... Lower than a house less than 2/3 its size. The drop then slowly came back to where it was when I purchased it about 6 months later. I updated the pictures both inside and out and fixed the description.

After doing that I received a threatening notice from Zillow taking down all my pictures and deleting the description and telling me it was not my house and they were turning me over to law enforcement. I was never contacted. They also deleted my access to the house. This year, 2018, I was able to get back in and post several pictures but am still unable to fix the description. My house is now going down in value for the last 2 months where all the other houses in the 115 house subdivision are going up. The average selling price for a home in this subdivision is in excess of 100/sq.ft. Yet Zillow values them much lower. No matter how many times I point this out they just give me their standard algo crap. They are so far off base that they even use the value of over 1000 mobile homes with no land to compute the residence value of a house.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My Zestimate if off by nearly $100k compared to both a recent appraisal, the Redfin estimate and an identical property a few doors down. I reminded them that it is damaging to the homeowner when this occurs, and asked them on multiple occasions to either correct or remove the Zestimate. The neighboring property is IDENTICAL to mine in every way (same subdivision, built in 2017, same floor plan, same condition,etc.) and the Zestimate this property is using the SAME SALES COMPS As with mine. So why is my value coming out differently?!! No customer service phone number, and no way to escalate and issue. ** Zillow!! I will NEVER use them, and I will NEVER let my agent post with them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Zillow should check landlords. I unfortunately rented one of his units. He promises to do things by move in date. This does not happen and you are stuck. Very bad at fixing things that break in unit. Try to blame on tenant. Charges you for everything. Hires people with no license. Not insured. And very anti ** and anti women. This is due to he is gay/and unfortunately racism is alive. DO NOT RENT FROM HIM.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Every time I look at a listings map it's wrong. I've checked listings that I know exactly where they are at and Zillow's map is totally wrong. What a farce! How am I supposed to trust listings that I'm not familiar with the area. I now use a competitor's app to get my info.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have used the Zillow app for once to rent my condo. All of the sudden Zillow doesn’t allow my listing to be viewed, and has been placed on hold. All emails have been ignored. BIG SCAM!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have used the Zillow app for years to rent my retirement Tahoe cabin. All the sudden Zillow doesn’t allow my listing to be viewed, and has been placed on hold. Two emails have been ignored. I believe they are denying me access because they are reporting incorrect information on my primary residence, which I was scammed by Predatory Lenders, I took these Predatory Lenders to court and won my house, but Zillow is reporting incorrectly, and now denying me use of placing a rental ad on my retirement cabin.

Two separate properties, but I automatically Guilty. I have learned in CA anyone may scam you, and you are still automatically Guilty. Due Process is nonexistent. Zillow also discriminates by automatically adding 6% realtor fees helping the realtors to take outrageous amounts of money. And by the way I am a retired realtor, I left real estate sales because of the scams. Furthermore I have compiled approximately 30 years of evidence against the real estate industry. Home ownership in CA means you lose all your basic rights, anyone can put a lien on your property with notifying you. I plan to eventually sell both my properties without Zillow and without 6% rip off realtors.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I have been advertising with Zillow as a premier agent for 5 months now, and I can tell you that it is 100% a scam. I needed a new place to allocate some advertising dollars and decided to give Zillow a try. The sales rep, Lindsay **, told me the number of leads per zip I would receive (43) for the spend I was willing to do ($3,000 a month). Zillow makes you sign a 6 month contract, and I was a bit hesitant to commit to $18,000 for 6 months worth of advertising. Over the first few months I realized that I made a terrible mistake. I would say 90% of the leads are absolutely worthless. I have had one guy contact me through Zillow and ask what the number was for Zillow's customer service. Are you kidding me? That counts as a one of my leads. Just yesterday I had a lady who barely spoke a lick of English call and ask what was going on with this particular property.

After a few questions I was able to ascertain that she wrote up an offer on this property and wanted to know what happened!!! Instead of calling the agent who wrote up the offer she submitted an inquiry on Zillow. What do you know, that counts as a lead against me. To top it all off the 43 leads I was sold on has now dwindled to 23 in month #5. Each month they sell more advertising so the number of leads per share goes down, but the amount they charge me does not go down relatively. It is borderline criminal. It is a SCAM. I asked my marketing rep, Jeff **, to see if he can cancel my last month. Of course he could not. Ha, what was I thinking. They do not want to lose out on screwing me for that last $3,000. In closing, I want to get the word out to everyone in the business so maybe I can save someone else from getting scammed. Learn from my mistake, DO NOT ADVERTISE ON ZILLOW.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We had a wonderful experience with our realtor Ken **. It seemed as though anytime we called to go see a house, he would drop what he was doing and help us. He was very attentive to our needs, and knowledgeable when asked questions. We have been in our new house around 4 months and look to Ken as a valued friend now.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I called in for assistance on the new application form. I am the landlord and a potential renter has responded. I received a notice, However, for MY verification they want to do a complete background check on me, asking to sign off on way too many rights as a landlord. This service is bogus, I tried calling in for help and I was luck to get to speak to someone but they could not help me, naturally, I had to be transferred and told I would receive a call "shortly". Well it has been Five hours and no call. Extremely poor customer relations. There is NO number that Zillow has the decency to publish so you can call to receive any information on your post off of which they make money. Sicking.

Zillow.com Company Information