1.77/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

139 Xfinity Home Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 3, 2019

Comcast/Xfinity is the worst company on the planet with the worst customer service. They are the epitome of the company that does not care, does not deliver, lies, and only employs incompetent people. Their customer service does not ask you for a call back number so that when you have been on the phone for an hour and they hang up, they can just say “oh well,” then you get to start all over. They also ask you every time you call in if you would like to be “considered” for a survey about your experience. Well every single time I call I say "yes", and not once have I been considered for a survey. Pretty easy to falsify your customer satisfaction performance when you only consider certain customers. They will continue to get worse and worse until 5G home service puts them out of business.

Original review: May 24, 2019

If you sign up for auto-pay they will double dip your account. If anything bounces you'll eventually get that second payment back but they will not pay for any return fees from your bank because of what they did. Every month they will find a way to go up five or $10 on your bill even though you're under a contract. When you call they'll tell you to look at your contract but their fees can go up during your contract. I'm about $400 in the hole with these people.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I will never subscribe to such useless, non existent service ever again. Why I have to pay early termination after they provided nothing and I wasted weeks on the phone with constant outage they wouldn't admit to, I don't understand.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The price of this plan kept increasing. I called a few times a month and Xfinity kept telling me I had the very best plan and no other plan existed for me to take. Their screens would never display other available packages which were cheaper for me to consider. I never knew that once you signed up for a new promotion, you had one month to cancel out of it and then you would not be charged that ghastly disconnect fee. No one at Xfinity ever told me this. After many times of screaming at them and threatening them, a package manager finally told me about this. I greedily cancelled on them very shortly afterwards. Good riddance!!! Thank God I'm finally out. What a nightmare.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I love Xfinity's product and services, the only problem we have is their customer service system. Horrible customer service! Broken promises, lies that they will call you back when they don't, offering refunds that are never seen, no notes of telling us about the refund, they don't write down notes during the phone calls. They are apparently not recorded for "quality assurance" because the quality sucks and they never seem to go back and review the recorded conversations when asked. Just today they said they didn't have enough information on my past conversation and they literally to us go to nearest Xfinity store (20 min away) because they have more information on their computers there. What?!? This is so **! What do you mean the store has more information than the 800 # customer service?! They need to revamp their customer service department... Fast. Love Xfinity products & services --- Hate Xfinity's customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: April 30, 2019

I called to renew my contract because I was about to go off contract. I called before it ran out and got on a new contract so I didn't go off contract, sounds like I did the right thing? Nope. A few weeks after I agreed to the new contract I went to a retail location to pick up my self install kit. They had no record of my new contract, it had been cancelled and I was currently off contract and the bill went up about 50%. I tried getting that contract that I agreed to back but the current deals had changed and it wasn't an option. I agreed to a lower contract so they could get the deals back. Then they found another deal that was $10 cheaper than the contract I agreed to over the phone. Great, let's do that one. I agreed to it and then it vanished from the screen. So then I had to agree to another contract $10 more than the one I agreed to over the phone. So I did that so I wouldn't be off contract and he said that he would put in for a work order.

I didn't hear anything back so about a week later I called Xfinity. Basically they don't know why that initial contract was cancelled and they can't get me any other deal than the one that was $10 more than I agreed to the first time. Yet another work order had to be put in because now I'm paying extra for that period they say I went off contract. They just seem to refuse to get the contract that I agreed to. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor and never got one, just put on hold for about 5 or 10 times 3 times. She said it might take 2 weeks to hear back. Ridiculous that they can't use the contract that I agreed to the first time. I refused to accept that answer.

Original review: April 29, 2019

This is the worst cable company ever. They are out for your money and charge extra and turn your cable off after you just paid the bill and their customer service is horrible. They are rude smarty pants and they don't speak English at all. Went thru 3 different reps before I got one that spoke very little English. If I could get Dish I promise I'd switch to a different company. Horrible company.

Our Pick
      ConsumerAffairs RecommendedProtect America
      Original review: April 27, 2019

Horrible customer service at the Baker's Bridge Road Store. I had called Comcast previously about a cable box not functioning properly. I was told I would have to take the box into a store and swap it out. Needless to say it's taken me a couple months before I was motivated to go into the store - I really feel uneasy with going into the Bakers Bridge Comcast store due to the horrible customer service. On 04/27/19, at 1535 CT I checked my box in at the Bakers Bridge Comcast (Xfinity) store with "Felicia". I asked how long the wait is and she said someone would be with me "shortly". I clearly explained, my son has a game and I need to know if there will be a long wait. Felicia proceeded to state in a nonchalantly monotone voice, "They will be with you shortly." As a customer, I felt her body language and tone demonstrated she was annoyed by my question.

I then sat down and waited approximately 27 minutes when Ahmed walked up to a woman behind us that separated the two sitting areas and he stated "Leslie". Ahmed's voice is soft, so I did not think he was calling out "Leslie", but rather that customer's name was Leslie as well. Ahmed went back to the counter and stated "Denise" and the women he was talking to when he stated "Leslie" walked up. I waited a bit and then went up front to ask Felicia how customers are called. Is there an order and she stated there is a list the reps use to call the next customer up.

I stated, I think that man may have called me and passed me over... Felicia proceeded to state, "Well you should have responded and gone up to the counter." I attempted to explain, it was not that he called out my name, but rather he stated "Leslie" to another woman. Felicia again stated "You should have gone up to the counter." No "I'm sorry, let me find out where you are on the list." Or "let me check with him to make sure this did not happen." Felicia presented as extremely argumentative and disinterested. Note - Ahmed never called out the name but was rather speaking to another customer. Had he called out my name, I would have responded.

At 1608 CT, I was called up to the counter by another young woman who was working to the left of Ahmed. At this point Ahmed was alone and I asked him, did you call my name, "Leslie" and he stated, "I don't know." I asked why he said "Leslie" and he stated if I "heard him, I should have gone up to him". I explained, "I could not see you, I heard you speaking to the woman behind me (behind the TV) and I did not know that her name was not Leslie, but then when you said "Denise", I knew I had been passed over."

This was extremely upsetting to me as I was to drop off a box and pick up another box. My son has a game and I made this clear. Now I have three employees all telling me that it was MY FAULT that Ahmed passed me over - The woman working with me interjected with statement, Ahmed asserted this to me again and Felicia. I never heard, "I'm sorry" or "let me help you get the box so you can get going" - Nothing!! Just excuses.

When I asked for Ahmed's name, he proudly spelled his name for me, which led me to believe, he knows there are no consequences for delivering horrible service, as this is the status quo. I received a similar response from Felicia, minus the spelling of her, name she proudly announced her name so I could write it down. It's disappointing how Comcast or the new Xfinity possesses the value of zero acknowledgment for customer service. I question the leadership of this company and local store. I've never been a fan of the store. Is it really difficult to find good help...? or rather Xfinity just does not care about customer service. Whatever percentage I pay for customer service, I would like this refunded to me on a monthly basis because I am being cheated. I expect an apology and compensation for my time and reimbursement for price I pay for customer service.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We have had Comcast (Xfinity) for 29 years, and we have paid our monthly bills faithfully. The last few years has been a nightmare because Xfinity keeps adding at last least $20 a month to each of the package (TV, phone, internet bundle) we agreed to. When we have called and we explain that we were quoted a lower price, they completely stonewall. We are going to go to another provider ASAP. I cannot understand how a company can be so untrustworthy and stay in business. I would like to rate it with no stars if that were possible.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I'm at Jury Duty so I got time. In November, I ordered internet service. They couldn't get my appointment correct and sent people on days we didn't agree on. Then when someone finally showed up, he came with no tools. He left to go get them and came back and accused one of my neighbors of stealing his bags which he left in the alley. I called to complain and they promised me a credit (which never I never got). And then sent someone else. Okay, so now I have service.

Bills are supposed to be taken out of my account monthly but never were. 3 months of service and they suspended me. I call and they can't find my info in the system. Not the phone number, not the address, not my email. Come to find out, they are sending the bills to my old address where there is not even service. Trying to get the bill paid before they suspend me again has been a nightmare. They are wanting to verify info that they don't even have. I deserve a 5 month bill credit but trying to get that out of them will make me want to pull my hair out! I have never in my life experienced such a run around with a company and it's honestly ridiculous.

Xfinity Home Company Information