1.74/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Xfinity Home

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Xfinity Home Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Absolute Rip-off for internet service. They came $34 when in fact it is $75.99 not including taxes and fees add extra $12 $88ish... They do NOT provide speeds. Only say cheers download is 60mbps. How about the upload speeds??? Had to call and four out it's 5Mps 5!!!!! If you have any sort of IoT devices aka cameras, smart TVs or thermostats or VOIP services they will drop out because they require bandwidth although small eat up 5 Meg fast. Ex magicJack requires minimum 3megs for upload so you're left with 2megs to watch Netflix or if anybody is on the network will stall it out and it crash it out all the time. Is sad they price gouge everyone and nothing to do about it! Stand up and say something people!!!! Or live your life in the rat race and hand them your checking account and continue to let them steal your money!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

On 7/16, I decided I would get 1000Mbps Internet Speed Package, since the difference in the plan was around $10 with the present promotion. Sometimes I want to flick through the channels and see the current listings. Thus, I asked the representative if there was a plan I could use with my Android TV (at the time, they didn't ask which model, and I didn't ask if they supported my device) as my husband is disabled and our budget is limited-paying for cable boxes that we don't get to own seems ridiculous.

The representative added TV on to the plan, they didn't explain that it was only 10 channels, and the bill would increase around $30 because of fees that Comcast says are transparent and yet their plans don't explain these fees at all (e.g. Regional Sports Fee, and Broadcast TV fees). I asked right away if I could cancel the TV without any charges and without affecting my Internet pricing (which was the plan they offered online for new packages). The representative said that I could cancel with no problems and no fees.

A couple of days later, while testing to see if my Internet speed was correct, I realized my Nvidia Shield was not compatible with Xfinity Stream Application, and you cannot just plug in the cable wire because of everything needs a box. I spoke to another representative who told me that only Roku TV box was compatible with their app, which is something they should have told me. However, the representative was nice and fixed the Internet speed. I asked him to cancel the cable deal since it didn’t work as stated. I checked my bill a few days later and found out I was going to be charged for this service I could not use. I spoke with another representative for a long period of time. They would not reverse the charges and could not give me the package (just Internet 1000Mbps) that I wanted in the first place. I spoke to a supervisor, and they could not reverse the charges either.

I called the next day, and I was told since I started a package I couldn’t sign up as a new package (even though all I wanted was the package that I was promised to begin with). The package ended up after fees almost $130, so I figured the plan they said I could sign up for was $110 + 15 for my cable modem; however, with all the fees, it ended up $167. Now, this is a package I was basically railroaded into getting as they wanted to charge me for channels I couldn’t use. I didn’t want to pay a monthly price, so I purchased a Roku for $60. If the bill was $125, plus taxes, would have no complaint, but all they do is add fees that are far from transparent. The age of cable TV is almost over, and they are trying to make up for it by ripping their customers off. If they weren’t the only company offering over 100Mbps, we would have canceled years ago!!! (Posted to BBB.)

Original review: July 30, 2019

I will always recommend this product to anyone who is willing to purchase because they know better how to secure homes and they are trustworthy. The product is of great value and their customer service is 9.9% available every time, everywhere and any day.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I love my Xfinity Home system. It's very easy operate, they offer real time responses, a easy mobile app., and good customer service. I bundled my services with my cable and internet for an even greater savings.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Comcast Xfinity has the absolute WORST customer service ever. Terrible. Would NOT recommend their service for anything! Their policy for transferring service is absolutely absurd with high fees. They're not customer friendly by any means.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: July 23, 2019

Trying to get a pass for a day or week for a specific device proved to be one of the most frustrating things I have done in awhile. The site isn't working properly and wouldn't accept any numbers/characters in the CVV field so I was unable to make a purchase. I called their customer service dept. specific to this service and got nowhere. I was refused a supervisor and could not understand the person I was speaking to so I ended the call. Trying again a few hours later I still couldn't get them to help me get service and this time when I asked for a supervisor I was left on hold for over 20 minutes. I have pictures and recordings of call. I also have a bundled service plan with this company and wish I didn't for reasons too numerous to mention here.

Original review: July 23, 2019

They tell you a price it’s not close to the price with fees and after the first year of the contract it tripled in price. You can just go to Amazon and get cameras that will alert you if someone is in your home.

Original review: July 19, 2019

My wife and I have been customer of @xfinity for the last 3 years. During this time we have not gone 6 months w/o having problems of one nature or another; billing issues (applying payment to wrong accounts, mischarging, changing bills w/o notice, etc.), we have had our property damaged (by company’s contracted to install underground lines), we have had more service related issues than I can count from faulty equipment or improperly installed equipment or “unidentifiable problems outside of our property”, and most recently have been lied to- scammed- and stolen from by this company.

Short version of the story is they applied a payment back in June to a non-active closed account causing us to be charged late fees and have service interruptions, after 12 days, 14 phone calls, over 4 hours of time on the phone with their “CSR” reps finally got the issue corrected and was promised that the full next month's bill (July) would be credited to our account in the amount of $227.58- done one July 2nd. They in fact applied this credit to my account, and now today July 18th I log on to my account to see the credit has been removed. Called in and was told “accounts revenue department” had removed the credit saying it was incorrect and not owed to us. They did this without any notice and now say I owe 400 for July and Aug bills, and the late fee for July.

After a 50 min phone call with a CSR manager I get put on hold (after requesting their boss) for 61min and then get hung up on. I am not back on hold as I type this review (32min and counting). This company is full of scammers, liars, thefts, and cons. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! They will steal your money, scam you, lie to you and at the end of it all tell you it’s your fault they suck.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was supplied alarm pads, door sensors and a camera. I especially like checking on my home while I’m out for the day. I’ve had no problems with false alarms. The one time my alarm went off the police were there in 5 minutes.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Wish they would offer more cameras in the package. They are Bearcats. Your company even if you're Bungo. I don’t know how the emergency system works. We never had to bother with that. Do you? Have a sprinkler system in our house and Leo smoke alarms yes but I don’t know how intruder system really would work. As far as sensors go we have a little dog and they say that it doesn’t set off the system but it does activate the camera anytime a cat or a dog walks by or a bird or spider.

Xfinity Home Company Information