3.8/5 (142 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Xfinity Home

Xfinity Home provides home security services with 24/7 monitoring. Home security plans start at $40 and come with live HD video, real-time alerts, a cellular system backup and smart home integration.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Custom equipment packages
    • Money-back guarantee
    • Easy-to-use devices

Cons

• Limited availability

Bottom Line

Xfinity Home devices are easy to set up. Systems include high-tech automation features and real-time monitoring. Some customers complain about Xfinity customer service, so keep this in mind when shopping home security providers.

Xfinity Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

In trying to get a billing question resolved I ended up calling their support line 3 different times trying to get one person that I could understand. The foreign accent of all of their support people, including their supervisor was atrocious!!! I've never been so frustrated in my life. I don't care what their deals are, you DON'T want their service! Run away, don't walk. You've been warned.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I received an invoice from the false alarm reduction program for $300 for false alarms at my home. I am not always available to respond to calls. I have a camera system, no pets and no additional persons at the residence. During the last event, I was on the phone with Comcast tech, when an additional alarm activated. At that point, I requested Comcast to deactivate the entire system. Per my conversation with Comcast escalation department rep, Comcast will not reimburse me for the cost of the false alarms. This entire system belongs to Comcast, it was installed by Comcast, and maintain by Comcast, and therefore it is Comcast responsibility to absorb the cost when equipment malfunctions. Power quality system. Poor business model. Poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Levied with renewal fees when I did not authorize it. The absolute worst company to do with business with, hire inexperienced people that keep transferring you from person to person, keep you for hours on end in an attempt to inconvenience clients. The inexperience people sign you up for renewal in attempt to make their sales and line the pockets of their company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

My kids were able to get help and guidance through the entire process of setting up installation while Kevin was on the phone. Kevin was very understanding over the phone that made my kids feel comfortable and confident enough to participate technically.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I've had Comcast/Xfinity for 3 years and a year ago decided to upgrade my package and get a security system put in my house due to break-ins in my neighborhood. A month ago I moved and could not transfer my service due to Comcast NOT offering service to my new home. So I go to Comcast and turn in my boxes, controllers, and wifi router and paid my remaining balance and The guy shook my hand, apologized for not offering service at my new home and that was that. A week ago my bank account was charged $400. So I called Comcast and spoke to a rep and he explained that they are not supposed to charge me a disconnection fee unless I would had moved to where Comcast does offer service and just use another service. The rep said he would have someone from the billing department to contact me immediately so they could fix the charges for me.

10min later the billing department calls me and explains there is nothing she could do for me because I signed a 2-year agreement unless I would have moved for military purposes. I then explained I was a veteran who just ETSed a year and a half ago if that makes any difference and she said "no". I then explained to her that I moved due to work and can't help that they don't offer service where I moved to because If they did offer it I would have just transferred my service. Her response was "Sir, if we offered service everywhere, it would be a monopoly". So I just want to let everyone know what kind of people you're dealing with when you get Comcast. And come to find out they have a class action lawsuit going on because they are auto renewing people contracts.

Original review: July 18, 2017

So the day started off with the Company lying to me about the Security Cameras I was going to buy from them for increased home security. Actually went to another company after the lie. I told them they were for outdoors and they came to install only to find out they were not water proof and thus N.G. for outdoor use. Plus I was told $29.95 if I did not want them and just wanted to switch my home alarm to them. Yet when look at what I pay now and what they were quoting it was $47.00 more. I can get 3 cameras and much more for $41.95 a month, thanks but no thanks. That was lie 1.

Also had an appointment for 1 - 5 to fix my HBO which is not coming in and neither is VOD working. Nobody showed up so they set up another appointment for 7 - 8 PM which they said they would be at my home for sure. Again nobody showed up and not so much as a call. I requested someone still come and they refused. Hmmm and you wonder why they suck at service, they just do not care at all. They are rude for not showing up and they are doubly rude for not giving you a heads up. Sorry to say but in my view they have great products but their service is a ZERO!!!

Original review: May 18, 2017

I am very upset!!! My husband paid 100.00 deposit for new service last year 2016. We wanted to TRANSFER SERVICE ONLY TO BE TOLD WE HAD TO PAY ANOTHER 100.00 DEPOSIT (just to transfer service). WOW. WE was told that we couldn't get an alarm system until DEC 2017. Mind you not we already have service, paid 100.00 deposit now we got to pay another 100.00. We not downgrading services, or upgrading. Our bill is already 250.00 a month. Xfinity this is ridiculous with under handing taking more money. Then to be told you good enough to pay a high cable bill but your safety is less important. The representative was very understanding. We like the service but to pay another deposit, where is the first and not to be able to.

Original review: May 3, 2017

We have been Comcast customers for over five years, with services including internet, cable and telephone. While attending the Napa/Solano Home show on Friday, April 28, 2017, my husband and I stopped by the Xfinity counter to ask a question about our cable service. In addition, I expressed interest in learning about Xfinity's Home Security Service. The Comcast representative was named "Calvin" and after having reviewed our account online, his only comment was that "Our current monthly cable bill is too high."

I told Calvin that our current security system was installed and is being monitored by one of your competitors but that we might be interested in switching to Comcast, depending on the cost and equipment options. Calvin asked for my cell phone number so he could text me his contact information. Presumably, either he or another Comcast resource was going to provide or discuss equipment options and cost information regarding your home security system in order to decide whether switching to Comcast would be a viable solution. Calvin texted me his cell phone number (**) the same day.

However, as of today (May 2, 2017), I have not received any other follow up information from Calvin. In fact, he did not respond to a text from me asking which office he is assigned. Instead, since Sunday, April, 30, 2017, we have received three separate emails from your company regarding the, "Upcoming installation of our new home security system." After the initial email was received, I called the phone number provided to inform your company we had not authorized an Xfinity home security system to be installed in our home. The representative told me the installation was scheduled for Saturday, May 6, 2017 and that he was not authorized to cancel this appointment. He provided the phone number to the Home Security System department and said to call them on Monday to cancel the appointment.

Yesterday, I spoke to Felicia in the Customer Solutions Department. When I attempted to cancel the appointment, Felicia told me she would not cancel the appointment, without first talking to my husband because the account was in his name. After insisting on speaking to her supervisor, the call was referred to "Camille," who identified herself as a floor supervisor. Camille also insisted on first speaking to my husband before proceeding. However, after giving him the phone her only request was to know my name. My husband was not asked to confirm his identity. Afterwards, we were assured by Camille the appointment would be canceled and that no other follow up action would be required by me.

Unfortunately, today I received yet another email regarding the "Upcoming appointment for our Xfinity Home Security Installation." This time the email stated to "Be prepared to sign your two-year contract." The email also informed us "To create a list of security equipment and smart home devices you would like to use and to consider where you'd like the equipment to be installed." Presumably, the fact no one from your company has ever contacted us to discuss options or anything else about your Home Security System is not important! Additionally, none of the emails received confirm an installation date and timeframe. This letter is being sent to you as a result of the fraudulent tactic used by your company representative (Calvin) and other employees who seem only interested in getting customers (In this case seniors) to make a contractual commitment, site unseen and at unknown costs. This is unacceptable and insensitive customer service.

Original review: May 1, 2017

After speaking with multiple reps I was lied to of package prices and every representative I spoke with would NOT transfer me to a manager. It is extremely frustrating when you are a loyal customer and each time you speak with someone they are telling you different things. I no longer want this service and am tired of going around in circles.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I have all of the other Comcast/Xfinity services and so decided to bundle them all into one bill and company. My disappointment now is that many of my friends and neighbors have other services and/ or the ones to install and use themselves without a monthly fee. Some of theirs allow them to see who is at the door right on their smartphone, either ringing the doorbell or just delivering a package. They can even reply through the doorbell's speaker, so the person does not know if they are home or not. My system would not work if my home's power was out. But I still feel secure knowing that I can set the alarm when at home or away, as well as push a button for emergency...

Original review: April 3, 2017

Think it's great, it all is directed to the police department, fire, and ambulance. All windows and doors, great monitoring system surveillance. We had other ones before and we felt we were locked in a Fort Knox building. Hope this helps. God bless.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I originally started my service with Comcast back in 2015. In 2016 my husband and I purchased a home so we "transferred" (started over) our services and added Xfinity Home. At the end of 2016, my husband passed away so I had to sell the home. I called a few days before closing on March 6, 2017 and asked about transferring services to my new location. I was told I could not transfer service since there was active service at the new location. I then asked if I could disconnect my service. I was told yes. I then asked if I would be charged any termination fees. I was told no. I proceeded to disconnect my services and request new services for the new location with another company.

A few days later, I received the bill from Comcast which included a termination fee! I called to ask what it was for and told the rep what I was told when I called in the week before. He told me they would listen to the call and get back with me within 72 hours. 72 hours came and went. I called back the next week to follow up. I was told that the termination fee would not be waived because I signed a contract. I again explained my initial conversation with the rep. I explained that I was told that I could not transfer the services and was told that I would not have to pay a termination fee. I was told repeatedly that they were sorry I was misinformed but since I signed a contract there was nothing they could do.

My call was escalated to corporate who asked me if I had a copy of my contract when I called in to transfer my service. I reminded this rep that I was in the process of moving so my contract was not available to me. That is why I called to ask Comcast information about my account because I trusted that they would provide me with the correct information.This rep told me that he would not waive the fee either because it would defeat the point of having a contract. I let this rep know that his employee made a mistake which resulting in me setting up services with another company.

I reminded him that I had called to transfer my service and that if I had been told the correct information, I would have made a different decision. I believe it was only right for him to at least meet me halfway for their mistake. I was told AGAIN that I signed a contract and there was nothing they could do. I will never get service with them again. If someone makes a mistake and misinforms a customer, they should at least meet them in the middle.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Me and my wife moved our service from Boulder to Erie, this is a very simple thing not with Xfinity. They messed up the billing, started a new agreement and raised our bill. When we called them about the mistake they assured us that they would backtrack all the billing and apply a credit to our account. This never happened so we called again, same response. Same problem the next month. After 12 phone calls the extra charges were removed until the next billing cycle included a letter from a collection agency for $30. Called the collection company and submitted a certified letter to dispute the charges. Called Xfinity again with the same response however the collection company still does not show a payment. WHAT A JOKE OF A COMPANY.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I paid via online and three times the site rejected my credit card payment. Turns out two of the three went through. When they called to authorize the payments I specifically said yes to only one of the payments. I am on a recorded line telling them that I am only authorizing ONE payment. Guess who has been battling the "billing" department to have the amount refunded? Yup. This girl. Today when I asked to speak to a supervisor the CSR plugged her nose and pretended to be someone else. I mean I am not joking even a little. Who does that? Ish!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

System never worked correctly. I gave up on the service after TWENTY TWO MONTHS (22) and asked to have it removed from my bill THREE different times. I am still be billed for the service TWO months later, which is disconnected! Absolutely NONE of the experience I had with Comcast/Xfinity services and customer service has been positive. I am concerned about NOT paying the bill as I do not want a hassle with my credit report.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

First, if your system has any error at all, there is an annoyingly loud beep twice every minute you cannot shut off without taking out the battery of the unit. This then leads to the next problem - if someone breaks in with a screwdriver all they have to do is take out the battery and your system is disarmed. Comcast confirmed to me that if this happens no police will be notified. You may be notified with an automated call that your system is offline. That's it. Better hope you are not out of town when either your system malfunctions as mine did or someone breaks in and takes out the battery. Total JUNK!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I noticed that my account had been paid and I had a credit of $10. I didn't think anything of it. I figured I must have over paid my bill because I do that sometimes. The next time I looked at my bill it was $167.00. My bill has never been $167.00. I called to ask why my bill went up. I was told that someone else's money had been applied to my account and that's why my account was paid and had a credit of $10. When they reversed the charge to my account they added on a late fee because now I was late paying my bill because I thought it was already paid. Even though my bill was originally $156.65 and the late fee of $10 wasted applied that would have made my bill $166.65 but for some reason my bill was $177.

They told me they would take off the $10 late fee because I'm normally not late and that would bring my bill down to $167. I told them my bill wouldn't have been late if they applied the money to the right account and my balance was Never more than $156.65 so why would I pay more. The customer service person tells me he is only authorized to give me a credit for the late fee of $10 which brought my bill down to $167. I told him my bill was never $167 and he needed to put someone on the phone that could authorize my correct amount. After putting me on hold for over 5 minutes he comes back to the phone and tells me his supervisor would eat the cost and he was authorized to lower my bill back down to its original amount. He totally acted like he was doing me a favor by changing my bill back to the right.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I called today to cancel my membership with Comcast because I have to move. I don't need their services anymore. I was under the impression when I first signed up that I would not have to pay any cancellation fees for doing so. The very cold and unemotional rep simply said "you owe $223 for canceling your 3 year contract." I told her that I had not signed anything or been told that I would ever have to pay such fees for an early termination. But she said there was nothing she could do. Her story then changed to 24 months not 3 years and that I had only been in the contract for 12 months so now I only owed $150 for the cancellation. After I've already given the company years of my business and thousands of dollars you'd think they wouldn't lie or treat their customers with such disrespect.

Original review: July 26, 2016

Cameras never worked right. Thermostat failed. Fire alarm went off while I was home for no reason. Customer support not only failed to help but tried to tell me I had to buy extra support package so they would help me. Technicians failed to fix cameras. Cut the wires and left. Infuriated, I removed everything and drove an hour to "nearest" store and gave them back whole system. They refused to listen to me and charged me for remaining months on security. In my 53 years of life here on earth I have never dealt with a more unprofessional company. When they came to North East PA they flooded the area with stores. After they built base they left and closest store is hour drive for part replacement or pay to have it mailed.

Original review: June 22, 2016

They were really responsive right away and accommodating to any questions or concerns I had. Telephone is absolutely the way to go when getting in touch with them. Customer service employees were always thoughtful and usually had a good attitude. Only occasionally did I get a representative who seemed grumpy or difficult to understand. I felt my home was safe and looked after with them. The set up and installation was easy, however my house was already wired for a security system, so there wasn't a ton of groundwork that needed to be done. The technician showed up when he said he would and was prepared and efficient. Things went quickly and he explained to me what he was doing as he was doing it. He was polite.

Monitoring was pretty typical to other security systems. You have an alarm and a code. You could have sensors on downstairs windows and motion sensors for when you are away (which only works if you don't have pets wandering the house like I do). If the alarm was triggered while I was away, they always sent police promptly AND got in touch with me quickly. Overall, it was a great experience, but when I moved, I found security from a cheaper source. Sometimes the customer service was spotty but it was user friendly and I always felt safe. At the price I originally got it, it was worth it.

Original review: June 21, 2016

The customer service provided was fantastic. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I had a really great team of people working for me. The installation process was quick and easy. Minimally invasive. I hardly even noticed anyone was here! It didn't interfere with my daily life and was done in much less time than I had originally expected. The monitoring capabilities are superior. I love that I am able to use my smartphone to access my home's security features. It is convenient and easy to use. It was an amazing value! I shopped around and found that I definitely received the most bang for my buck with this system and I couldn't be happier with it.

Original review: June 20, 2016

I was confused about setting up the system but they took all the hassle away for me by doing the entire setup for me, explaining in great detail how the system operates. They installed and mounted the control unit where accessible yet where it wasn't looking like a "sore thumb." All the how tos and wheretofors were explained in great detail and operation was made simple to understand. Everything that is of a major concern for us has been address more than satisfactory. We are able to see what we need to see for the protection of our family and home. It is a good value considering how expensive things are these days due to the value of the dollar and what we want to have accomplished for us or what we require.

Original review: June 16, 2016

The representatives were really nice and helpful. One representative helped me feel safe when my alarm went off and the police came in minutes! The crewmen were quick. They were very nice and explained the setup well. I even asked how long it took cause I had to go somewhere so they moved faster for me. When my alarm went off the camera took pictures instantly. I was very satisfied with the results of the problem being resolved also. The system works guaranteed. The value and price is wonderful. I will most likely recommended this to someone as soon as possible especially if they have family or valuable items.

Original review: June 15, 2016

It's easy to get in touch with a sales rep. Will help with any technical issues right away. I had an issue with my alarm and they assisted me over the phone until we found a solution. Really happy with the service! Installation was very easy and it didn't take much time. Someone came home to assist and explain how everything worked. They came at the expected time and day. We only had an issue once but it was solved promptly. In my system, I have the possibility of tracking the activity occurring both inside and outside of my house from my smartphone. This is a very important feature for me as I spent a fair amount of time abroad. While it's pricey I believe the money for value is very reasonable. It's in line with what other providers offer - I haven't tried others but I'm very happy with this one.

Original review: June 14, 2016

It takes forever to get someone on the phone to help you. I have literally talk to 7 people before I had someone who knew what they were doing. They came out the first day I signed with them. Do not get a two year with them. Whatever you do, dont. If I could do it over again I would ask for a trial. I know that there are other companies that do them like 30 and at least 2 week trials. There was one point that my alarm went off at 2 a.m. and I called the nine-one-one, and the minute that the cops got here they wanted them on the phone and they couldn't explain to me. There was no breach but could not explain to me why the alarm went off. They told me that there was going to be a rate for the two years and then it went up nonetheless the next three months into it and well actually about $80 and then even 12 the month after.

Original review: June 13, 2016

They were really helpful. They answered all my questions with easy to understand answers. Even when I accidentally set it off, they helped me turn it off right away. It was easy to understand. They came and showed me how to use it accurately. They showed me what to do when it went off and how to handle it. It worked really well. When my daughter snuck out, it caught her and let me know what happened. It was very helpful. It was very easy to use. The cost of the service was about $89 per month. The installation fee was about $150. All in all a very reasonable price. I think I would buy it again if I needed to.

Original review: June 9, 2016

I have not had to call since installation so I am rating this based on the installation which was excellent. They took their time and explained everything. On time arrival, great service and explanation of how everything works. They also took the time to make sure that they cleaned up after themselves. Easy monitoring remotely from any mobile devices, such as smartphones or laptops. Never had any outages or interruptions in service since installation. Greater price than competitors and 24/7 monitoring for all services. Gives me peace of mind when I am away from home as I can see what is going on, who is coming and going.

Original review: June 7, 2016

Very safe and reliable system. Never had any problems. Easy to use and to understand. Customer service is friendly and always willing to help. They will send people out to your house if you need help with anything personally. The setup and installation of the product was quick and easy enough to understand for even someone who doesn't have much experience. The company was very helpful with giving me information

Monitoring is easy to use. The alarms work well and I've never had a problem with them going off without good enough reason. The customer service are quick to react when alarms go off. The value is very good for the amount spent. Easy to use and product availability of sorts. The customer service is reliable as well for the price paid for the product.

Original review: May 31, 2016

It's very easy to manage my account and they are always ready for any questions or issues that may come up. If I come across a representative who is unable to answer a question, I have experienced efficient employees who take the initiative and find the answer for me. The installation technician arrived at my residence during the estimated time window I was given when I scheduled the appointment. He went straight to work on my system and was finished in what seemed to be a matter of minutes. He gave me some valuable tips on managing my system and he explained the user interface and operation instructions so well that I couldn't think of ONE question to ask him, since he covered anything that I WOULD have asked.

I am pleased with the way my home is monitored and I haven't had any issues with false alarms like many people experience. They system is fully operational. I experienced NO glitches or service interruptions so far, and I couldn't be happier. I was fortunate enough to sign up for the security monitoring service at the right time so that I could take advantage of a great deal and I was expecting to pay a lot more for installation, equipment, activation fees, service, a contract, monitor fees, and much more but this is one case in which I am very happy to know that I was wrong. Installation & equipment were not charged, so I ended up paying a fraction of what I expected to pay.

Original review: May 28, 2016

Very great for your home and very better to use. Also fast loading and had great connection so whether you are at home or not it amazing. The setup was very easy and also it great thing to use when you have bad connection and calling is faster too. It show you who or what is around your house also because of camera it installed but little more money but definitely is worth it and great for when you’re on go. The value is sometimes depending on what you want and purchasing any additional stuff cost kinda extra.

Xfinity Home Company Information