3.7/5 (203 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Xfinity Home

Xfinity Home provides home security services with 24/7 monitoring. Home security plans start at $40 and come with live HD video, real-time alerts, a cellular system backup and smart home integration.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Custom equipment packages
    • Money-back guarantee
    • Easy-to-use devices

Cons

• Limited availability

Bottom Line

Xfinity Home devices are easy to set up. Systems include high-tech automation features and real-time monitoring. Some customers complain about Xfinity customer service, so keep this in mind when shopping home security providers.

Xfinity Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

The system overall is working very well. I'm able to use the cameras when I am away to see what's going on and the video screen makes me aware of all movements. It notifies me if doors or windows have been opened. I'm pleased with system however the monthly bill is quite high.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

XFINITY home security is convenient and a great product for the amount you pay. I only wish that it worked with Amazon Alexa and my digital door locks. However I can control those with an app so that’s fine.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Here I was, all ready to switch to Xfinity Home so I could finally monitor and operate my system remotely. I still do like that capability. My issue is the quality of the equipment that they offered and installed. The equipment looks like something one might have purchase from a 3am infomercial. 99% of the time I can't get the base station to operate by touch. It simply isn't responsive. After several attempts I get frustrated and to go to the phone app to control my system.

Oh.. Speaking of the phone app, here we go. Most likely when I open the app it won't connect to our home system. After several attempts it will finally connect. Then, when setting the system the app shows a progress screen which rarely actually shows the progress. The app needs to be rebooted AGAIN to review the actual the status. Usually I don't mess with that, I simply close the app and wait for the cell phone notification to advise me the status. If I would have read reviews prior to contract, I never would have switched. Now I'm stuck in a two year contract before I can switch to another company with better equipment.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I have been trying to transfer my Xfinity service to a new address. This should be a simple process. I tried online but I had some questions. I have spent 3 hours and 48 minutes without resolution. The automated service will absolutely not allow any way to speak with a human being. I was sent through various chat agents, got disconnected over and over again, finally got a call back, got disconnected by her, went through a chat and finally got through the new contract and was sent to respond to an email to confirm the contract but when I opened the email there was nothing there. Back to square one. I was not going to start over but that was what the chat agents were trying to make me do. I was disconnected 4 times by chat agents. I BEGGED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE. I am still waiting. This is shameful service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

The cameras work well. The customer services is great at helping you solve a issue if one comes up. So far we haven't have had problem. But if we do this company seems to be on top its game.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I had an appointment to have my home surveillance put it on Sunday Dec 22 from 8am-10am! Well they never showed up! I call In to see where they're at and they changed my appt without my consent or knowledge! MY KIDS LIFE ARE IMPORTANT! If I didn’t feel the need to have it I wouldn’t be leaving this review!!!! This totally unacceptable!!!! I’m getting rid of them all together! So unprofessional! I get a call they say, "O we can come tomorrow." NO NO YOU CAN'T. I WORK!! Did nothing to help settle the situation. Took the value of our lives away as he said, "Well I don't know what to tell you. Do you want the appt or not!!" Never been so disgusted in my life. These people don’t care. They just want our money!!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I have been a Comcast customer since 2000 in several states without issues until I turned 55 years old. This may just be the deterioration of the company or it may be ageism. I have a AA degree in technology so it is very difficult to deceive me. I also work in revenue area of business. In the past year 2018-2019 Xfinity has deceptively charged me more for my basic home services. Additionally, their salesperson on the phone and face to face in Murfreesboro TN lied to me about available services forcing me to have the only option of higher cost services I do not want or requested. Everyone in the Comcast store today 11.22 was over 58 years old. This company is practicing not just deceptive sales but they are targeting seniors. Attorney generals in Florida suede them successfully but basically customers have to leave. I hate thieves and I refuse to make excuses for Comcast just because they had integrity in the past. I was ripped off repeatedly this year.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I Have cable Internet and home security with Xfinity and I constantly have a problem with my devices. Sometimes I'm on the phone with xfinity for over a hour. Sometimes the problem gets resolved. Sometimes it doesn't. Constantly unplugging items and plugging them back in then want to send a technician and charge me $60 for The Visit which is insane and to top it off for all the headache and freaking hassle they offer me $11.88 for the inconvenience. Been with them since 2017. I'm sure in other company would love the money that I pay and I'm thinking that's exactly what I have to do. Go with another company. Just horrible service. I can't stand that anymore. 2017 through 2019 just a little way too long of me giving my hard earn money and returned for nothing.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

This is by far the WORST customer service that I have ever received!!! We received our self-install kit. I tried to set up our user name and password. Had big-time issues. Kept getting the information did not match their system. Please call for help. So we called waited 15 mins for a rep. The rep gets on the line. Hardly speaks English. Talks to us for over 30 mins having us trying to log in. ACTING like she is setting up the account for us. Finally says, "Oh well I need you to speak with one of our technicians to finish. You won't have to hardly talk to him. I will explain it all. He gets on the line and has no clue who I am or what is going on. We tried to explain to him. He started asking questions about is this an old address. Not making any sense at all. We finally had to just hang up as we had wasted over an hour on the phone to get no where.

So then I think I'll go on and chat with someone. OH NO you have to use a username and password to chat with someone. WTF why? So if we are having issues with username and password you are SOL. This has been by far the worst! I work customer support and your support is what gives customer service a bad name!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

System glitch after another. Poor customer service. Calling tech support is like a trip to the DMV. They can’t fix the issues but you wade through 20 minutes anyway. When you finally get a tech appointment they can’t fix it. The “repairs “ work for an hour and then it’s back to garbage again.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I will always recommend this product to anyone who is willing to purchase because they know better how to secure homes and they are trustworthy. The product is of great value and their customer service is 9.9% available every time, everywhere and any day.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Overall, Xfinity Home service is good. Operation of the security service through the app is very convenient. Having the service as part of a bundle package can have a downside due to an outage from one of the other services. I have to contact the home service separate to reset the service. Updates to the service are done automatically which is good.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I love my Xfinity Home system. It's very easy operate, they offer real time responses, a easy mobile app., and good customer service. I bundled my services with my cable and internet for an even greater savings.

Original review: July 23, 2019

They tell you a price it’s not close to the price with fees and after the first year of the contract it tripled in price. You can just go to Amazon and get cameras that will alert you if someone is in your home.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I do like my Xfinity Home security service. I like the keypad by the door and how I can set it when I leave and when I go to bed each night. I'm glad I've never had an intruder but I know if I did I could count on Xfinity Home security service to keep me safe and send the authorities in a hurried manner.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I would say I haven't had the service since November of 2016 because I am staying with others. Xfinity had great service, but like I've ALWAYS say unless you have back up battery system in your security it doesn't do any good if power goes out!! The monitor screen I kept in my room was delayed, so intruders could of been upstairs but would appear to be downstairs still. They're great when it comes to repairing and answering questions!! ALWAYS came out on call!!! No battery BACK up!! And monitor were downfall but I was so happy with xfinity service and equipment etc. They made everything ok!!! Maybe they've changed that by now. And that makes it a great service.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was supplied alarm pads, door sensors and a camera. I especially like checking on my home while I’m out for the day. I’ve had no problems with false alarms. The one time my alarm went off the police were there in 5 minutes.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Wish they would offer more cameras in the package. They are Bearcats. Your company even if you're Bungo. I don’t know how the emergency system works. We never had to bother with that. Do you? Have a sprinkler system in our house and Leo smoke alarms yes but I don’t know how intruder system really would work. As far as sensors go we have a little dog and they say that it doesn’t set off the system but it does activate the camera anytime a cat or a dog walks by or a bird or spider.

Original review: July 15, 2019

They offered a really good deal signing up and good deal on additional equipment such as security cameras, smart thermostat, smart smoke alarm, etc.. They also allowed for payment options to pay for the equipment and installation over the course of 4 or months.

Original review: May 24, 2019

If you sign up for auto-pay they will double dip your account. If anything bounces you'll eventually get that second payment back but they will not pay for any return fees from your bank because of what they did. Every month they will find a way to go up five or $10 on your bill even though you're under a contract. When you call they'll tell you to look at your contract but their fees can go up during your contract. I'm about $400 in the hole with these people.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I called to renew my contract because I was about to go off contract. I called before it ran out and got on a new contract so I didn't go off contract, sounds like I did the right thing? Nope. A few weeks after I agreed to the new contract I went to a retail location to pick up my self install kit. They had no record of my new contract, it had been cancelled and I was currently off contract and the bill went up about 50%. I tried getting that contract that I agreed to back but the current deals had changed and it wasn't an option. I agreed to a lower contract so they could get the deals back. Then they found another deal that was $10 cheaper than the contract I agreed to over the phone. Great, let's do that one. I agreed to it and then it vanished from the screen. So then I had to agree to another contract $10 more than the one I agreed to over the phone. So I did that so I wouldn't be off contract and he said that he would put in for a work order.

I didn't hear anything back so about a week later I called Xfinity. Basically they don't know why that initial contract was cancelled and they can't get me any other deal than the one that was $10 more than I agreed to the first time. Yet another work order had to be put in because now I'm paying extra for that period they say I went off contract. They just seem to refuse to get the contract that I agreed to. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor and never got one, just put on hold for about 5 or 10 times 3 times. She said it might take 2 weeks to hear back. Ridiculous that they can't use the contract that I agreed to the first time. I refused to accept that answer.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Alarm system prematurely goes off. You're locked out of the app unable to turn off the alarm. Home monitoring service says they'll turn the alarm off. They do not. Your pet is then sent into seizures from the loud sounds of their alarm and they refused to compensate the medical.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Xfinity new modems have much less range than the older models. If you are within 10 feet, the speed is very good. If you are 20 feet away, the speed is very slow (like 3 Mbps) or does not connect. An Xfinity senior technician advised to buy third party equipment as they were having serious problems with range from the XP6. My service was not working for five months. Xfinity kept telling me they would fix it, but they had no intention of doing so. Be VERY CAUTIOUS about signing up with Xfinity. They do have fast internet speeds if you are in a studio apartment. But if you have a house that is more than 500 sq. ft., you may have serious issues with speed and connectivity.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have a Xfinity home security system with display and cameras. Well tech did not install cameras. Said "It's easy. You can do it." Well I moved here 3 weeks ago and have not been able to install it. Well 3 days ago my security system stopped working and I called them of course. Said "I'll walk you thru. Let's troubleshoot your system." I didn't tell them I could figure it out on my own so I let them tell me what I needed to do and it didn't work so they said it was outage in my area. It will come on. Ok so nothing happen. The next night I still have no service but you know I am still being charged for service I'm not getting.

Well lo and behold my house gets shot up. I'm not a bad person. I believe it was a mistake regardless my house was riddled with bullets and I called Xfinity and was told sorry for my inconvenience. I said, "Yeah inconvenience and I pay for your service correct." They said yes. I said, "Since my service is not working and I didn't get shooters on camera or anything and my system was down does that mean you are going to repair my house." They of course said no and credited me 1 month of service for security system. Wow. But does anyone know if I can make them pay for damages to my house since the service was not working?

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have had Comcast at my home in Tn. for six years. I am suppose to be able to monitor my alarm system and thermostat from my home in FL. When I got to my Tn. Home in April NONE of my services were were working even my caller ID. They had attached a different phone number for caller ID. Nobody could explain to me how that could even happen. My internet, alarm system and my thermostat was not working at all.

It took me numerous calls for hours to get someone to help. I finally had to call corporate Comcast. While I had lot these service a lot of damage was done to my home. While I thought I was managing my thermostat a fever ice osmosis system in my home frozen and burst costing me $928.00 in damages. When I arrived it look like kids had gotten into my home and partied. My fireplace was broken because someone roasted marshmallows in it. My alarm did not work. Went I sat it at night and going out it was off when I checked it again.

Nobody at Comcast even their executives had no idea how this could happen but promised me I would be compensated for my losses. They told me they were going to turn it over to their insurance. After a month a guy came out here to fix everything and confirmed my services were not working but could still not tell me when anything quit working. I came up here to recuperate from a serious illness and have gotten sicker and sicker from all the lies that Comcast employees had told me.

After my services were back on I called the executive that promised me compensation and he told me to call a Sam who was the worst person. I had talked to him and he told me they were NOT going to turn it over to insurance as it was not their fault. I asked him if he could tell me when the alarm and thermostat quit stopped working and he said no. Then I asked him then how he could tell that it wasn’t Comcast’s fault and he practically hung up on me. I tried to call him back but he would not answer the phone. I called two executives back and they said it was still in the computer that it was going to be covered by insurance. They told me that the executive that made that promised was going to call me and after several hours he never called. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to confirm how sick they have made me. So I give Comcast a 0 and run before you ever use them. It has been absolutely horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Updated on 07/25/2018: After contacting over 10 representatives including corporate they finally said they would pay for the damages. One of their local Reps. called me and nastily said I needed to send him the Culligan receipt and I quote “it better say frozen on it.” I sent him the receipt June 4 and yes it said frozen. It is now almost August and I have not received my money.

Once again I called corporate customer service. Tina told me that the rep. never said they would refund my money which is a lie. She said she needed more proof that it was their fault. What more should you need other than the Culligan repair receipt saying it was frozen and a copy of my electric bills showing that the heat was not running for several months even though their thermostat said it was on 62 degrees in the house at the time of the freezing. Now they say THEY ARE NOT GOING TO REIMBURSE ME!!! With the billions of dollars they make and they won’t pay me for the damage they caused!

After I found out that my thermostat and alarm was not working at all I went to ADT for my services. They have not been able to put a thermostat in because COMCAST acid the wiring wrong. Now I have to pay a heat and air conditioning company to retire it. On TV and internet they have a monopoly in my area in TN. so I had no choice and had to keep Comcast for that as no other company serves my area. I can’t wait to get rid of Comcast. What makes a company like Comcast lie and lie over and over again and not pay damages that they caused? EVEN AT CORPORATE LEVEL THEY LIE? So I warn you to not to do business with them!!!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I would like everyone and all of Xfinity customers to know how their safety and security can be easily compromised. Xfinity can allow your security to be compromised at the push of a button. There should be some rule or law about a company agreeing (giving me a certificate of security) to secure your home and they drop the ball, they should hold a large amount of accountability. This morning I experienced a very bizarre situation. I awoke to my services disconnected (my TV had an error code). I purchased Xfinity solely for the security. The other services that I purchased are merely for show. I was told that my services were disconnected because a new person has applied for services at my address and they disconnected mine. I set on the phone 2 hours begging for my service to be reconnected. They were telling me that they could not reconnect the other person’s order was in the system.

I call my landlord on the line and begged for my security so I can leave for my job. After I emailed the CEO plus a few other corporate people, I received a nonchalant call from Faye **. Ms. ** was not sincere. My safety does not matter to her. I am paying for a service I expect to receive. I was unsecured from 1 am-8 am after I begged, and pleaded I convinced Mr. ** to re-opened my Xfinity account. He had to treat this like I was a new customer, he actually was not sure if I would get my home phone number back. The Xfinity automated system did not even recognize me as a current customer as it usually does. After I fell asleep last night Xfinity disconnected my security and left me for DEAD in Southwest Atlanta.

I have had so many issues with Xfinity that I have come to understand that this is the lower value of service that is provided for people in my broken community because they feel we as ** people do not deserve a better type of service. This company has made me beg them for something I pay them for. If my door would have been kicked in last night and I was murdered Xfinity would probably offer my family that same $50 + $45.16 because they think that is all my underprivileged poor ** behind is worth. No one thought to call me and ask me before they disconnected. Ms. ** told me that they do not do that. Ms. ** wanted to clean this up for Xfinity and she lied to me, telling me my disconnection was a keystroke error. After talking to those few representatives I know that someone was getting services at my home.

It may have been a wrong address error. No matter what the case was I was not secured. Ms. ** and her superiors agreed that this first $50 and another $45.16 (on her next call) was all that they would do for me. If someone registers for service at your address they disconnect your service to get ready for the new. This leaves the customer open to any robberies. Xfinity has not reported this to the police. They offered me $50 + $45.16 for my time without security. I was asleep thinking I was secured but, I was open to be attacked. Had I not turned on my TV I would not have known that my security was off.

I am so shocked that this happened. If I knew it was off I would have slept someplace else. I asked for two months’ worth of bill credit. They declined me and assured me that they would work with billing to make sure this will not happen. I will probably not rest knowing this can happen. I may get up all night checking to see if my services are still indeed connected. Before this instance I felt secure with having my security in this area.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Calling to cancel home security. Had to speak with several different people and each person you had to start from the beginning, from telling them who you are and why you are calling only after 3 or 4 transfers you get disconnected only having to start again. I believe this is intentional to delay and frustrate people only to waste hours on the phone. Then once you get your goal accomplished you find there is a rate increase to another service you have. I believe this company is a monopoly and needs much more government oversight or breaking it up would be the best solution.

Original review: April 14, 2018

OK, I get it. Parts can be defective and fail. But apparently Xfinity doesn't. Had the system installed by their technician which was a requirement and I had to pay for. A week later it fails. Being a techy I made the mistake of troubleshooting it myself and providing the tests and results of each test. Nope you will have to go through basic level again when you call in (so I guess I am supposed to waste their time with simple easy to fix problems). Run through the whole gambit of double checking that. Yes it is not functioning correctly and resetting or reworking the installers work won't fix it. Yep the part is defective, so you can now have a technician.

Frustrating to have to run the troubleshooting twice but it's a headache I've learned to live with even if I don't like it. But NO it doesn't stop there. I get to spend the time between the failure being reported and the technician arriving the next day receiving repeated phone calls insisting I do the same simple process over and over and over again. Open and close the doors, restart the control panel, reposition the installed sensors, open and close the door, restart the system. Oh yep it's broken. Then ring goes the phone again and I have to repeat despite telling every single support agent I have been through it with them already. And all of this ignores the disastrous mess the installer made, it took me the better part of a day to clean things up afterward. So I get to pay Xfinity to make messes at my house and harass me with time wasting phone calls because they installed defective parts.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I explained to the service department how this panel was infested and gave me roaches when I have never, ever had a roach problem before. I spent time and money trying to get rid of these things when I finally realized that it was the panel. I threw it out. Service said they would have to someone come out and give me a new one and probably charge me for it. Really? This just cost me money and time because they sent me roach infested equipment and they want to charge me!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I had Comcast install two cameras at my home in 2014 which included 24/7 monitoring. I paid the installation fees and have been paying the monthly service charges since that time (it is now January 2018). Even though the cameras have been offline more than on, I've never missed a payment. I tried several times to set up a service visit unsuccessfully. I was finally able to get one set up in December of 2017. I was promised that I would not be charged a service fee since the cameras hadn’t worked in at least 4 months.

The technician came and fixed the cameras and yesterday, I received an itemized bill from them stating that they had installed two cameras and added 24/7 monitoring. I spent an hour on the phone trying to explain that I started the service three or four years prior. The issue was finally resolved but, they never admitted that they had made the mistake. I do not recommend their service and if it weren’t for having to buy new equipment from another company, I would drop them like a hot potato.

Xfinity Home Company Information