Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Take a Home Security Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Xfinity Home provides home security services with 24/7 monitoring. Home security plans start at $40 and come with live HD video, real-time alerts, a cellular system backup and smart home integration.

Take a Home Security Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

Xfinity Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xfinity Home?

Original review: May 11, 2020

Please don't ever take Xfinity. They have very bad customer service. I am paying for 1gbps but I rarely get more than 500 mbps with a top of the line modem. According to them my gigabit modem can't relay gigabit speeds and the only thing that can do it in the entire modem/router market is their xfi router, that is tracking my internet activity. I was told no contracts and no rentals on my equipment but then I was charged for rental even though I have my own equipment, coz the employee in the physical location decided to add me to it. I was never able to report this fraud employee coz customer service said it's not their problem. This entire organization is PURE FRAUD. I am stuck using them for another year because of this contract.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I have no choice in paying for this garbage, where I live it is using next to a lot of apartments/condos that has a contract with Comcast, and it eats a way at bandwith and ping. I used to have Wow where I lived and it was 100000 times better in price and in reliability. For this entire year they say there is no problem, but there is, they pack everyone onto the same tier and when everyone is on it's a problem. Games are 400 plus ms in ping every single time I try to log on. Support is no help either, they always start with rebooting modem reading from a screen for problems, they have no real tech team. Just 7 dollar an hour dummies who read a pc prompt. If they do come out, they always, I mean always charge you saying there is no problem, so don't ask them to come out.

If it is them, they will still say it's your side to cover their charges for coming out. This has been a nightmare, please do yourself a favor don't get scammed by these people. They over charge a ton and it's not good service anymore. They haven't updated their bandwith usage lines and still rely on packing as many people they can onto the same tier. Since the Covid, forget it, I don't even turn on my pc. Worst company ever, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Horrible.

Original review: April 21, 2020

It usually takes A LOT of grief before I take the time to do this, twice in one month and two different companies, yikes! I am a one-month long customer with Xfinity, and I wish I knew! You better not have a question beyond a technical one, even that might be a challenge if you don't have the correct number. I had a few technical questions and once I got ahold of someone, they, so far, have been excellent. There are two things I really had issues with. 1.) The setup, whereas when you setup an account for your Internet and TV it gets a little strange, and they don't really explain it out. I wound up with 2-3 user names and passwords. You have to Log in to a few different things, like creating an account for billing, etc. Then create one for setting up you TV and Internet. Then you have to, at some time in the process, change your password or a username from ones that they provide to you, heck, I didn't even know they gave me one.

Then when they spelled my first name wrong, (adding one more "L"), that created another issue...which hasn't been corrected. A possible resolve is when you create a user & pswd to login to something, tell us idiots "remember this is to login to this service, make note this". And then repeat it in the login page, this is for XYZ services, use that user-pswd. When you're not familiar with the service and have 2-3 user and passwords, it can get a little confusing. 2) Over the last few weeks, I have tried to get someone on the phone for non-technical question...not possible! I also tried to use their Chat session, it's all Internet based, just electronic questions and possible answers, no real person.

Today I called twice, the first time I got as far as the automated computer chick saying, "Hold on while I transfer your call", yeehaw! Then she's back, "Are you sure you don't want to try this or that before I transfer your," for instance I can answer...blaa-blaa-blaa. I hung up. I called back and repeatedly kept on saying "I want to talk to an agent". It went through the continuous questions, I'd say, "I want to talk to an agent". They keep raising hope like she's almost there, then, Thank you for your call, goodbye". Too funny.

Okay, just remembered a 3rd from this morning. I knew the technical guys were responsive. I called, I entered or answered one thing into the phone, a guy comes on, GREAT! I tell him what I wanted, "It was a non-technical questions". He immediately tried to sell me another $99.00 protection plan. At first, he said, I can lower your bill by $150.00...WHAT? Oh wait, this is in additional to what I'm paying, ahhh, what am I missing. As much as I thanked and and asked if he can transfer to a Xfinity none technical service question, he wanted to transfer me to his order department. He WOULD NOT let me go or listen to me, finally I had to thank him and just hang up.

Sadly, I have a two year contract. This is an ongoing situation. I have used a few of their competitors and I know they're out here. And I KNOW I have talked to their people before. Unfortunately, as is typical, a two-year contract. I'm not going to raise a stink over the types of things I want resolved, they get ironed out. I've calmed down now, thanks for listening. Think about these big guys first, try the little and/or local ones if possible. I thought Consolidated was great, always get a person in the US for whatever you need. They are unfortunately one of the ones here.

Original review: April 20, 2020

My 12 month agreement for internet service expired this month while we are in the Covid 19 crisis. The invoice price on my new rate is almost double my current rate (from $44 to $85). In the past whenever this has happened I always replace service with the new current special. However, during the Covid 19 crisis there are no replacement specials. Every person having to renew a contract will be experiencing the same huge increases. In a time of national crisis when people rely on their internet, Xfinity has found a way to price gouge by, for the first time ever, not offering new discount specials for renewal. I find their profit motivated behavior in this time of crisis very sad.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I had a payment arrangement set up for next week. During this crazy time of Covid 19 you would think they would want to help their customers? They don’t! They will turn you off and not help you for over four hours. After you pay the bill. I have been in cs for 15 years. Not the way to handle your longtime loyal customer.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Service keeps going out for hours at a time. I've wasted hours on phone with customer service. They raised my bill by $15/mo without notice. Now they use the coronavirus as excuse for NO customer service. I have been trying to contact them about the overcharging on my bill but they only have automated "customer service" that does not let me contact a person at all and so they keep overcharging me and I can't resolve the issue. The last time I contacted them about a month ago, I spent over an hour on the phone because their service was out, and I had work that I had to get done that night so I had to wait for it to come back on, then stay up all night to finish my work by the deadline.

Customer service said that they would give me a $20 credit for my inconvenience (wow), and here a month later I got my bill and not only am I still being overcharged, but they didn't even give me the $20 credit either. I switched to Xfinity because Centurylink was so pathetic that I couldn't imagine that another company could be any worse, but Xfinity actually may be even worse than Centurylink. I am now looking for an alternative, but I may not have a choice at the location where I get my service.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Xfinity (Comcast) increases fees every few months. My bill went from the low $50's to $60's to now $70's over a year. That is for Limited Basic TV (local channels only) and Basic Internet (slowest). I contacted "Customer Loyalty" at their suggestion. They lowered my bill back to $66.00 but the very next month it was raised to $71.56. My TV costs about $15.50 per month, but the "Broadcast Fee" is now over $15.00. It costs MORE than the Limited TV service!! Comcast does not care if you are a Senior on a limited income. They just continue to raise rates every few months. If you contact them, they tell you there is nothing they can do. Do not use this company if you have a choice!

Original review: April 7, 2020

Xfinity claims there are many hotspots available, which was one of major reasons I signed up for the service. I work remotely and need to move in neighborhood, sometimes between cities. But it was very difficult to connect any one of them.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Xfinity customer service extremely difficult to get through, they take you in big circles and they don't resolve your issues. Had modem problems, they said they sent a modem over a week ago. Still no mode.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I signed a contract because they tried to up my bill almost 3 times the previous charges and now I am moving where they do not offer service and they are charging me to cancel. This is out of my control and I had been a customer for many years. Where is the customer loyalty? They are just money hungry and not about providing customer service. Buyer beware.

Xfinity Home Company Information