4.5/5 (79 ratings)

About Western Exterminator Company

Western Exterminator Company provides reliable pest control solutions for residential and commercial customers in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. They provide quick, dependable and consistent service. Their experts are trained in the latest pest control methods and have been around since 1921. They take pride in being the same business today as they were back then.

Pros

• Green-certified products
  • pestfree365 program
  • Full-service pest control company

Cons

• Only available in 6 states

Bottom Line

Western Exterminator is a full-service pest control company that services six states. The company offers green-certified control methods as well as the pestfree365 program for yearlong maintenance.

What pest control services does Western Exterminator offer?

Western Exterminator is a pest control service that provides pest relief and extermination in six states: Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. The company offers an extensive selection of treatment options, including:

• Termite treatment: If you think your home has a termite infestation, Western Exterminator can inspect and fumigate your property. The company also sets up termite bait and chemical barriers.
  • Mosquito treatment: Western Exterminator takes care of your mosquito problem by eliminating popular breeding grounds.
  • Bed bug treatment: Western Exterminator has several different bed bug solutions available, including fumigation, heat treatment, insecticide and steam remediation.
  • Cockroach treatment: Cockroaches are the most common type of pest. Western Exterminator has the tools necessary to bait and fumigate your home. The company also provides heat treatments and proactive programs to help you avoid a cockroach infestation.
  • Ant treatment: There are many different types of ant, and not all require the same solution. Western Exterminator has created specific treatments for each common ant species.

What is Western Exterminator’s Pestfree365 program?

In addition to typical pest control services, Western Exterminator has a year-round, full-service pest control and maintenance service called Pestfree365. This service protects your home from 36 of the most common household pests and provides regular inspections to prevent pest threats before they arise. Other features of Western Exterminator’s pestfree365 program include:

• Unlimited service calls at no extra cost
  • Bed bug coverage
  • Non-invasive treatments that are safe for pets and children
  • Termite inspection

• Fleas
  • Wasps
  • Bed bugs

Additional services offered by Western Exterminator

Western Exterminator also offers multiple additional services that range from crawl space restoration to minor construction projects. Contact your local Western Exterminator office to find out if the following services are available in your area:

• Crawl space restoration: Western Exterminator’s crawl space restoration services are designed to protect your home from pest infestations, foundation issues and mold outbreaks.
  • Drain lines: Western Exterminator uses bioremediation services to remove food particles, grease, hair and other debris that can cause water backup from your drain.
  • Micro sanitation: Improve your air quality through MicroPURE technology, which rids your space of allergens and disease-causing bacteria.
  • Minor construction: Western Exterminator is a licensed, bonded and insured contractor that handles minor construction related to pest control, including foundation repair, painting and dry rot repair.
  • Lawn weed control: Western Exterminator uses pre-emergent herbicides on your lawn that prevent weeds from spreading but don’t harm existing plants or grass. This service is currently only available in Arizona.
  • Multi-family house maintenance: Western Exterminator offers services specifically for property managers to ensure their buildings are free of pests. This service is currently only available in California, Arizona and Nevada.

Is Western Exterminator worth it?

Western Exterminator offers general and specialized pest control services for a variety of household nuisances. Its pestfree365 plan provides year-round treatment to ensure your home remains free of pests. If you’re searching for comprehensive pest control in the Western U.S., Western Exterminator could be the right option for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Exterminator Company?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Exterminator Company?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Always on time. I get a notice before he comes which is great. I have been using company for 10 years. No issues & they are very responsive. Their rates have gone up but are still competitive. I haven’t looked anywhere else for a bug guy.

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our company! Thanks again and have a great day.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Matt was wonderful. He immediately went to my mom’s apartment and checked and found traces of bed bugs. He was so cordial and kind. He called me and told me what happened. He explained everything to the apartment manager and checked other apartments as well. He took my phone calls and made time during his busy schedule to help with this horrible situation. My mom has been suffering from bites for a long time. Thank you for your help!

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Katia, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We are so grateful to have customers like you. Thanks again and have a nice day!

Original review: June 28, 2022

Lamar, the man who comes for my quarterly visits, is fantastic. Kind, considerate, communicates, is thorough and conscientious. The company itself is a thorn in my side. After realizing after the pandemic lockdown, that I hadn’t gotten a service call during that time (and I have been with Western at this address since 2013), I called to see what was going on and to get it going again. Was told I canceled the service (did NOT) and that I would have to pay an initiation fee AND almost double my quarterly fee. I feel taken advantage of in a Big way. Ripped off, for sure.

Western Exterminator Company response

We are so sorry you had this experience with our company. This is certainly not indicative of the training our colleagues receive. Your review is crucial to the training process of our colleagues and a critical piece in improving our customer service as a company. We hope your pest control needs have been taken care of. We’re here if you ever need us in the future.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Today Calvin ** came to Service my property. He politely called and left a message the night before to let me know he was coming the next morning. Because I knew that he was coming I was able to unlock the gate and make sure that my dogs were safely inside the house. After he left the property I noticed that he brought my trash cans up to the house from the curb and I so appreciated that so thank you Calvin **.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Rick J has serviced my property for years! Yes, years. I have only had 3 issues over these years (it's been so long ago, I can't remember the first issue, probably a hornets nest) -- the second issue was a carpenter bee in my wood patio cover and the third issue was a swarm of bees in my wood fence extension. Rick immediately responded to each situation and resolved these issues right away. Rick is responsible, clean and professional. I would recommend to anyone!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Phillip with Western Exterminator is always very friendly, helpful and accommodating. He always provides excellent and efficient service. Would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for extermination help. This is my third time having western exterminator service my house, and Phillip has been great every time.

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Ryon, We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! Thanks so much for your review and for being a Western Exterminator customer. Have a nice day!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Bryce was very helpful and knowledgeable and did an amazing very thorough job. Super nice went above and beyond. The outside of our home even looks cleaner than it did before and it’s a good feeling to know I don’t need to worry about the pest anymore.

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Bradi, We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! Thanks so much for your review and for being a Western Exterminator customer. Have a nice day!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Our technician, Daniel **, is the best in every respect: professional, respectful, and so very pleasant. He delivers excellence and that's hard to improve upon. He comes by every other month, performs a full inspection of the groups, and is always willing to answer our questions.

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Andrea , We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! Thanks so much for your review and for being a Western Exterminator customer. Have a nice day!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

The tech was here on time and explained what he would be doing. Explained what he did when he was finished. All looked good, nice young man. Will be happy to have him back. Would recommend your company to others

Western Exterminator Company response

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! We are so appreciative to have customers like you. Have a nice day!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Excellent experience with Western Exterminator. They thoroughly explained the process, duration and costs upfront. Technician arrived wearing a uniform the very next day in a clean company van. Very professional, personable and patiently answered all my questions. Then went right to work. Highly recommended pest control service. I have received no incentive for this review and simply want to share my experience with this company.

Western Exterminator Company Company Information