4.5/5 (92 ratings)

About Western Exterminator Company

Western Exterminator Company provides reliable pest control solutions for residential and commercial customers in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. They provide quick, dependable and consistent service. Their experts are trained in the latest pest control methods and have been around since 1921. They take pride in being the same business today as they were back then.

Pros

• Green-certified products
  • pestfree365 program
  • Full-service pest control company

Cons

• Only available in 6 states

Bottom Line

Western Exterminator is a full-service pest control company that services six states. The company offers green-certified control methods as well as the pestfree365 program for yearlong maintenance.

What pest control services does Western Exterminator offer?

Western Exterminator is a pest control service that provides pest relief and extermination in six states: Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. The company offers an extensive selection of treatment options, including:

• Termite treatment: If you think your home has a termite infestation, Western Exterminator can inspect and fumigate your property. The company also sets up termite bait and chemical barriers.
  • Mosquito treatment: Western Exterminator takes care of your mosquito problem by eliminating popular breeding grounds.
  • Bed bug treatment: Western Exterminator has several different bed bug solutions available, including fumigation, heat treatment, insecticide and steam remediation.
  • Cockroach treatment: Cockroaches are the most common type of pest. Western Exterminator has the tools necessary to bait and fumigate your home. The company also provides heat treatments and proactive programs to help you avoid a cockroach infestation.
  • Ant treatment: There are many different types of ant, and not all require the same solution. Western Exterminator has created specific treatments for each common ant species.

What is Western Exterminator’s Pestfree365 program?

In addition to typical pest control services, Western Exterminator has a year-round, full-service pest control and maintenance service called Pestfree365. This service protects your home from 36 of the most common household pests and provides regular inspections to prevent pest threats before they arise. Other features of Western Exterminator’s pestfree365 program include:

• Unlimited service calls at no extra cost
  • Bed bug coverage
  • Non-invasive treatments that are safe for pets and children
  • Termite inspection

• Fleas
  • Wasps
  • Bed bugs

Additional services offered by Western Exterminator

Western Exterminator also offers multiple additional services that range from crawl space restoration to minor construction projects. Contact your local Western Exterminator office to find out if the following services are available in your area:

• Crawl space restoration: Western Exterminator’s crawl space restoration services are designed to protect your home from pest infestations, foundation issues and mold outbreaks.
  • Drain lines: Western Exterminator uses bioremediation services to remove food particles, grease, hair and other debris that can cause water backup from your drain.
  • Micro sanitation: Improve your air quality through MicroPURE technology, which rids your space of allergens and disease-causing bacteria.
  • Minor construction: Western Exterminator is a licensed, bonded and insured contractor that handles minor construction related to pest control, including foundation repair, painting and dry rot repair.
  • Lawn weed control: Western Exterminator uses pre-emergent herbicides on your lawn that prevent weeds from spreading but don’t harm existing plants or grass. This service is currently only available in Arizona.
  • Multi-family house maintenance: Western Exterminator offers services specifically for property managers to ensure their buildings are free of pests. This service is currently only available in California, Arizona and Nevada.

Is Western Exterminator worth it?

Western Exterminator offers general and specialized pest control services for a variety of household nuisances. Its pestfree365 plan provides year-round treatment to ensure your home remains free of pests. If you’re searching for comprehensive pest control in the Western U.S., Western Exterminator could be the right option for you.

Western Exterminator Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Exterminator Company?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I am very happy with my pest controller, Ron. Ron calls a day before he is going to arrive. He is polite informative and friendly. Ron always arrives on time, advises he has arrived and works quickly. My only complaint is that every couple of months the accounting department changes my automatic billing and I have to call to settle my outstanding bills. This has happened repetitively over the past couple of years.

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Heather, We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! Thanks so much for your review and for being a Western Exterminator customer. Have a nice day!

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Wonderful service!!! My pest control gentleman is David **, a very educated young man in the pest control environment. He has completely reduced my ant problem to almost zero and has taken care of any other minor issues that have arisen. Because of his company training, he is knowledgeable in addressing any issue I have. He is friendly, very nice, on time with his monthly appointments, very courteous as he always calls ahead time. I would be very sad if he was transferred to a different route! Yes, I have recommended the company to several friends merely based on my experience with David. As I see it from the outside world, Western Exterminator is doing a fine job. I am a happy customer.

Western Exterminator Company response

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Hector, the Western representative always reminds us of our upcoming appointments. He then notifies us when he is s coming. Once on location, he asks about any situations that need addressed over and above the normal service. He listens carefully and respects the property as he applies the non-chemical solutions. During his service he also looks for any areas we may not be aware of. If he finds some he always lets us know. Hector is the BEST! He always let us know when he is finished and emails his report. Hector is the second representative of Western who we have worked with. The previous representative was as courteous and conscientious as Hector.

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Thomas, We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! Thanks so much for your review and for being a Western Exterminator customer. Have a nice day!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Matt was wonderful. He immediately went to my mom’s apartment and checked and found traces of bed bugs. He was so cordial and kind. He called me and told me what happened. He explained everything to the apartment manager and checked other apartments as well. He took my phone calls and made time during his busy schedule to help with this horrible situation. My mom has been suffering from bites for a long time. Thank you for your help!

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Katia, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We are so grateful to have customers like you. Thanks again and have a nice day!

Original review: June 28, 2022

Lamar, the man who comes for my quarterly visits, is fantastic. Kind, considerate, communicates, is thorough and conscientious. The company itself is a thorn in my side. After realizing after the pandemic lockdown, that I hadn’t gotten a service call during that time (and I have been with Western at this address since 2013), I called to see what was going on and to get it going again. Was told I canceled the service (did NOT) and that I would have to pay an initiation fee AND almost double my quarterly fee. I feel taken advantage of in a Big way. Ripped off, for sure.

Western Exterminator Company response

We are so sorry you had this experience with our company. This is certainly not indicative of the training our colleagues receive. Your review is crucial to the training process of our colleagues and a critical piece in improving our customer service as a company. We hope your pest control needs have been taken care of. We’re here if you ever need us in the future.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

We've had the absolute WORST experience with Western Exterminator! We have their "365 Coverage" (had -- I just canceled) which was mostly preventative until we found mouse/rat droppings both under our sink and in the garage. Here was our experience: 1/19: (last Thursday) Contacted and was told we would get a follow-up call by EOD to schedule someone to come out. Spoiler alert: no call. 1/20: No call. 1/23: (Monday) Called and was told that we were on the schedule for Tuesday (1/22) between 8am-5pm and that someone would call to let us know the exact timeframe.

1/24: (Tuesday) Followed up around 12pm as we hadn't received a phone call. 1/24: Called back at 4:45pm as no one had called or shown up. Was told that we had been scheduled for 8am-12pm but the provider was running late and would now arrive between 12pm-5pm. 1/24: Called back at 5pm as no one had called or shown up, was told that we had been scheduled with someone who didn't actually service the area. Told we would be scheduled 1/26 and we would get an email or text.

1/25: Called at 11am because we didn't have a call or a text, was told we were on the schedule for 1/31 (next Monday). I channeled my best Karen and said we would be canceling our service if someone was not here by the end of the week. CS said there is nothing they could do, I asked to be transferred to the billing dept to cancel my service. Was told I was being transferred and the call was instead dropped.

TL;DR - Don't use Western Exterminator for anything other than general bug maintenance and even then, I can't say they were good or if we just didn't have any issues.

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Lauren - Thank you for contacting Western Exterminator. We are so sorry you had this experience. Could you please send us a direct message with your service address, a number where you can be reached, and the first & last name on your account? Upon receiving this information we will escalate this to a manager for follow up. Thank you in advance, and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Mario D helped me with an ant issue on day of inspection. Also provided me with a quote best fitting my monthly budget. The rep was extremely helpful. Will recommend Western to everyone If anybody out there needs any help with ants, bugs, termites. I was just getting in touch with Mario at Western exterminators.

Western Exterminator Company response

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Charles called after the service to relay what he had found and the bait stations he refilled. I got the necessary early notice to unlock the crawl space and Charles locked it up afterwards. Very professional service. I got the written report right away.

Western Exterminator Company response

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! We are so appreciative to have customers like you. Have a nice day!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

A new technician introduced himself today before servicing my home and yard. He was very polite and asked if any new issues had occurred. He left a positive impression and detailed report online. He is a great representative for this company and fulfilled his tasks with knowledge and enthusiasm.

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Joy, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We are so grateful to have customers like you. Thanks again and have a nice day!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I talked to Chad yesterday. No one had serviced the outside of my property since October. No calls were made to me to explain or set up any monthly appointments. I have an ant hill in driveway which I described yesterday to Chad. Today the service person arrived and said he was here for ants in kitchen! I never said a word to Chad about the kitchen. The service person just shrugged when I stated this and said in a very blaming tone that we had to much space between bricks that are the driveway paver and that was the problem. Really? I am giving your company one more month to do a timely and professional job. Dr. Barbara

Western Exterminator Company response

Hi Barbara, Thank you for contacting Western Exterminator Company. We are so sorry you had this experience. Could you please provide your service address, a number where you can be reached, and the first & last name on your account? Upon receiving this information we will escalate this to a manager for follow up. Thank you in advance, and have a great day!

Western Exterminator Company Company Information