4.4/5 (57 ratings)

About Western Exterminator Company

Western Exterminator Company provides reliable pest control solutions for residential and commercial customers in California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. They provide quick, dependable and consistent service. Their experts are trained in the latest pest control methods and have been around since 1921. They take pride in being the same business today as they were back then.

Pros

• Green-certified products
  • pestfree365 program
  • Full-service pest control company

Cons

• Only available in 6 states

Bottom Line

Western Exterminator is a full-service pest control company that services six states. The company offers green-certified control methods as well as the pestfree365 program for yearlong maintenance.

Western Exterminator Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Exterminator Company?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Western Exterminator Company?

Original review: May 25, 2022

Robert did a great job, making sure all areas were treated and he took care of any problems we had with extermination needs. He arrived when he said he would and offered suggestions how we come keep our house pest free.

Original review: May 25, 2022

This company has been outstanding taking care of our pest problems for 12 yrs. They handled carpenter ants, bees, mice/rats, etc. they are friendly and hardworking earning our busy every time they come out. Bryce was here today and was thorough with his assessment and removal of bees, reset all the outdoor mice bait boxes too.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I couldn’t ask for more professional and competent service from Luis. Always polite, always friendly. It’s a pleasure to see him. He always gives advance notice and is there when he says he will be. Thank you.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Dylan is superb in his work - we are very grateful for his help! He is thorough, professional, kind, and very knowledgeable. Excellent! We welcome Dylan's help every month - and he has returned to make certain his work has been successful. Super!

Original review: May 18, 2022

Juan has been doing a great job for us since he started on our route. Whatever concerns we bring up he handles quickly and thoroughly. He's very engaging, proactive and professional. He calls in advance to let us know if there's a change in his schedule or if he missed us. He's big asset to WEC as far as we're concerned.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I would give only one start except the initial inspection and consult went very well. However, I cannot recommend this company because NOBODY showed up during the scheduled appointment time window of two hours! I was told the tech had a family emergency...so I was sympathetic and schedule another appointment. But no one showed up for this second appointment either! I texted the sales rep and he replied that he would contact his scheduling department and try to get someone to my home that day...This is at 10am. By the end of the day I had not heard back from him! I wasted 4 hours waiting for them, as well as the time off work that I had to take to be at home! So...I cannot recommend Western Exterminator!!

Original review: May 15, 2022

Excellent service, friendly service man, never a problem after spraying and if I do he will come back. Western Exterminator is a great Company and their servicemen are friendly that is why I have been with them for many many years. They call before coming out and they are on time.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Cesar the guy who comes is great, on time and thorough. I had a problem with their billing department, they would bill me even though I paid by check, but it is resolved now. I had a problem with fleas, not anymore.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I paid $1300 for a roof repair from my checking account. It went to an old old address in Virginia. The check was cashed in March and I sent a picture of it. I am continuously told they are looking into.

Original review: May 9, 2022

The tech was here and did spray the area but never dewebed anywhere. He was at the residence only 15 minutes. I took pictures. I did try to call him as he was driving away. Per his notes. Exterior: Treated ext of your home for pest and dewebed around home and patio furniture.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I am generally happy with the service on service day.

Two issues - for me, the visit dates are not consistent.

Visit 1: Feb 28, 2022
Visit 2: March 9, 2022 - found entry point for pests, asked my local rep for quote on March 14 and March 28, still no quote.

Visit 3: April 29, 2022

I would rather have our 1 monthly visit consistent on say, for example, the 1st week, or 2nd week, or 3rd week, 4th week of the month, rather than spotty days that are spaced too far out between visits. This last visit had almost two months in between our monthly visit! It would be great if I could request a visit sometime during the third week of every month for instance so it is predictable and consistent. Also, while my sales rep is a great guy, he is not responsive to requests. I've now sent three emails asking for a quote to close entry points that pests may enter. This is why there is a 3 star review. Again, the actual day we receive service is great!

Original review: April 30, 2022

Always professional and on time. WE has been our pest control company for 40 years! Not planning on changing! Have, and will continue to, recommend to family and friends “Juan” is our current service rep and he does a great job keeping us “safe!”

Original review: April 28, 2022

Jason is always a good worker, courteous. Gives a heads up the previous day of upcoming visit. We don’t have problems so I feel he is going a a good job. Just before he arrived, I fell down the stairs and he volunteered to help out and ask how I was.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Service is excellent and the technician is always helpful. Last summer had a problem with wasps that love to sting me. Technician hung a trap and problem resolved. Always calls in advance of service and asks if there are any problems.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Friendly, courteous and sad about my dog’s recent passing. Listens to my concerns & takes action. Remembers past problems. Very pleasant individual. Appreciates & enjoys unusual art hung on my entrance way. Safe application of poisons around our home. Calls back about concerns and quickly takes care of any problems like rats.

Original review: April 9, 2022

Inspector was courteous and professional and He did the inspection in a timely manner. He saw no evidence of termites which made us feel good and having this service gives us peace of mind. It's important to have a reputable company.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Fast and efficient, great communication about service and recommendations for improvements. I have used Western Exterminator for many many many many years, and would not hesitate to recommend their service to friends and neighbors. Thanks that’s all for now.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Very polite, articulate, and professional; represents your brand very well. Knowledgeable and helpful, took the initiative to introduce himself and asked if we had any issues or requests for him. He would do well in whatever he chose as a profession.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Terrible Customer service. I had an appointment scheduled in the morning on Weds. for a Termite inspection for a house refinancing. Nobody showed up. No call or anything. I called them and they said somebody would call me. Nobody did. A couple hours later, I called them back and they said a manager should call me and my appointment was moved to the afternoon, somebody should be out. No call and nobody showed up. At 6pm, I called, and of course they said they were sorry, and somebody would immediately contact me the next day. Nobody called the next day, I called them one last time and they said a manager and scheduling would contact me. Days later and still no call from anybody. It feels like an inspection is not exactly high priority, as there probably isn’t a big pay off in the future from it. I definitely do not recommend.

Original review: March 17, 2022

We love Calvin! He is so professional and very polite. Always prompt. Very helpful. He is a top notch guy. Be lucky to have him. We keep our service because we like him. He always has a solution to anything we have come up. If more people were like him, we would be a better place.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Excellent service, communication, follow up, and professionalism! I can always rely on the same consistency in the work that is being done, following the comments left to meet my needs, summary of the work that was done, and always very professional and courteous!

Original review: March 11, 2022

Very friendly and professional. They give helpful tips and are a company I would recommend. I've used other companies in the past but this one far surpassed the others. Their resources and services are a full spectrum of options for to choose to help control, repair and maintain a pest free home.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I have used Western exterminator for 11 years now and every tech that has been assigned to me has been professional, friendly and pays close attention to detail. I can text my tech and they will be here the next day.

Original review: March 7, 2022

First, this is a new technician for my residence. I observed him spraying the yard-side perimeter of my 3’ brick wall surrounding my patio rather than the perimeter of my house foundation that my patio affronts, which I always observed my previous technician doing in addition to observing the chemical on the concrete afterwards. I asked the technician if he had sprayed at the base of my home-the perimeter on my concrete patio-and he said yes, although I had observed him spraying only the outside (yard side) of my brick wall, approx 6 ft from my house. This is not sufficient to protect my home’s exterior in the backyard, nor the service I have previously received. I expect the same service I have been provided in the past.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

We have had a wonderful experience. Our Western professional was very knowledgeable and helpful. We would recommend Western to others. We had interest in knowing about rodent care and our Western professional will be scheduling an expert to provide recommendations.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I have always been pleased with service, on time, professional, fair price. They responded immediately. Am I always get a live person when calling, yea! If there is ever an emergency, they respond quickly. I would recommend to family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Gilbert is very thorough and efficient. We are happy to have him as our Exterminator with Western Exterminator. He keeps all the bugs away. He is also very pleasant. He is always on time. He always wears the shoe coverings in our house.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

No good service, no coming in the schedule. Problems with the pest. I have to call several times to coming for the service and the phone nobody answer. Nobody give a solution especially in the night service. No problem in the day service

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Mark is a very courteous and conscientious worker. He strives to make the customer feel comfortable. He does an outstanding job and you are lucky to have him. The office personnel need to be more considerate and take into account what needs to be done. I have been asking for years to get my start month changed to December and not October. This has never been corrected. Please correct the beginning month to December.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Prompt and excellent service. Will recommend to others for good, prompt and excellent work service. Also reliable and dependable when called upon for additional or emergency work and service. Provides appropriate tools to use to resolve problem. Prompt service is provided when called upon for emergency work or service. Flexible to reschedule when not available to be home for access.

Western Exterminator Company Company Information