toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I purchased a Total Homeshield policy as I thought I was getting a "good" policy. On a Friday, October 21, 2016 I called Total Homeshield to tell them I found a refrigerator repairman in my town to fix my, as Total Homeshield could not find one. I told them he was coming to do the repair on Saturday, October 22nd. Total Homeshield gave me a claim number and said that I needed to call them with the costs before the work was to be done. They claim they are open 24/7, 365 days/ year. I called them at least 6 times on the 22nd to get approval and NO ONE would answer the phone. I had the repairs done and they will not reimburse me. DO NOT invest in this company as they are not reliable.

Two months ago I gave Total HomeShield over $6000 of my money, covering 11 properties. Over a month ago I reported a problem with a wall oven, exhaust fan, and a refrigerator not working properly. Total HomeShield referred me to a incompetent repair co. The repairman first stated that there wasn't a problem with the refrigerator, the exhaust fan was too old, and he would have to rebuild the mother board of my oven. I continued to complain about my refrigerator not freezing and that's when the same repairman return and then stated that "there is a leak somewhere".

Total HomeShield then stated that I must and I did present a inspection report to them proving that the appliances is in good working condition. They refused to fix or replace my exhaust fan, continued to state that "it's too old", refused to fix my refrigerator until I pay for a "leak test" at a additional cost of $125. About a 2 weeks later the repairman took out the mother board of the oven, and stated that he will be back in 7 to 10 days. Well it's been 2 weeks later and I spoke to several Total HomeShield Representatives. The last one is Dane at ext. 710, and he stated that the appliance co. told him that they "should have the oven repaired by 11/19/16." Because of all the problems that Total HomeShield presented I was forced to purchased a new refrigerator and exhaust fan.

I have an older home and most things have been replaced, but there are a few that haven't. I got a home warranty to be on the safe side. Total Homeshield sent me an email and I compared them with the home warranty company I had. Total Homeshield was cheaper. Communications with them were done totally online and I'm still waiting to get the papers in the mail.

I own a home and sometimes I need things covered. In the last company I was with, their customer service was freaking ridiculously horrible. Then, I did a lot of different comparisons, it seemed Total Homeshield was the best in my buck and they had some really good ratings. Everybody I spoke to was grateful and pleasant. Total Homeshield is awesome, those guys are great.

I've been in my house a year and had to pay for a new furnace. They say it'd be good if I get a warranty on it for the appliances and stuff and I'd be okay for the next year. Total Homeshield didn’t have a cap if something needed to be replaced. Most other companies have caps on with how much they would give to replace something if it broke down. I just got the warranty from them a month ago. The sales rep kept calling everyday and I didn't like that. But other than that, he was really nice. So far, my experience has been good. I hope that their reputation precedes them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total HomeShield Home Protection?

I have several properties and have a home warranty on most of them. But I wanted to be able to save on home warranty coverage for all of them. My purchasing experience with Total Homeshield was fine. Their sales reps answered all my questions and were friendly.

I just signed up with Total Homeshield. I learned about them talking to neighbors and chose them because of their ratings. Carlton helped me out a lot, and my purchasing experience was great. They were able to answer all of my questions. Overall, I would recommend them.

I was looking for companies that offered home warranty and have talked to three. I decided this would be an opportunity and I picked Total Homeshield. Their customer service were very helpful and answered questions I had. They also sent me literature which I requested. They did everything I asked, and they were very receptive and friendly.

I had a good experience with Total Homeshield and their sales representative was very friendly. I signed up a couple of weeks ago and I'm wondering that they had not taken out the check yet because I hadn't seen a post that they took it out. I was wondering if they were having problems or maybe the guy had written down the wrong money to take the check out of my account.

I submitted a claim over the phone and everything went fine. Unfortunately, something else went wrong with the stove so we ended up getting rid of it. But my experience with Total Homeshield was good.

I did a Google search on all the different home warranty companies and found Total Homeshield. The sales rep was very knowledgeable when he and I were talking before I signed up. He was very responsive too. I reported my claim and they got it fixed. So far it's been good.

I've seen Total HomeShield on my iPhone and I decided to call. I got home warranty insurance on both of my places with the appliances. I asked a lot of questions and they went all over to explain. I'm very satisfied and I'd recommend them.

Total Homeshield has been very good. My heat pump went out so I called and made the claim, and within 24 hours it was fixed. Repairmen usually don't come out that fast, so I was very pleased. The contractor that came was wonderful. He went out and fixed it, told me what was wrong and told me how to prevent it from happening in the future. He also gave me the information I needed.

My refrigerator was not working and I submitted a claim with Total Homeshield. I called them four times but four days later, they still did not find a guy who can fix my refrigerator. I'm not happy with that. That's why I went to find a guy to fix my refrigerator and paid him $106.

I went on the internet to check out a few home warranty companies and Total Homeshield's price seemed to good to be true. They had a nice sales guy who gave me a good price up front that intrigued me. Then, he talked to his manager for a better price - I thought I was buying a used car due to that. He came back with a better price which I felt was good so I took it. Their service call fee was $45 whereas everybody else was $60 or $75, but they gave me 14 months instead of 12. The rate was almost half as what I was quoted before. I did not receive my contract right away, but I went ahead and called them and they emailed me right away, so I was happy about that. But I'm still leery until I make my first claim. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll change companies again next year.

So far Total Homeshield has been good. However, I’m having second thoughts about it because of it's lack of accessibility. I called before for a claim the first time and all of a sudden, they pushed me off - they say I got to wait for 30 days. I tried calling their rep back directly because I have a question about their services. I want to know how much more it would be to add a second refrigerator, but he ain’t called back yet.

I chose Total Homeshield for their price. I believe they provide better service.

The sales rep seemed very nice. I'd recommend Total Homeshield to a friend as far as signing up with them.

I purchased Total Homeshield home warranty over the phone and the sales rep was good and accommodating. He sent my contract by email, the way I wanted it, and it was very convenient. I haven’t moved into the house yet but I'm looking forward to having peace of mind with Total Homeshield.

I did a comparison between Total Homeshield and another company that I currently have which I'm not exactly happy with. One of the things that I was told is that Total Homeshield has a lot of different people working with them. That’s probably one of my best bets because the company I have is not from around here and sometimes I'm not crazy about the people they send to the house. Total's sales rep was very professional in explaining the plan and very pleasant.

However, I'm beginning to second guess the value in having some of the things that’s covered in their package because based on my past experience whenever I called for something that’s going wrong and I've always had home warranty since I purchased this house, sometimes I just get the feeling they had been way too interrogative. Also, I'm still waiting on the information in the mail which I'm supposed to get with the warranty to go over some details because it was mostly something that was discussed over the phone.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I signed up for Total Homeshield on the internet. The reason why I was trying to get somebody else was because I got a contract from American Home Shield and for everything they said they would do, there were 10 things or stipulations where they wouldn't pay. However, Total Homeshield didn’t put down how much it's going to cost me per month. I never got to the point that they would say it was going to cost me X dollars for the warranty. They never said that anywhere on the internet. I don’t know what it is in writing of what's going to cost per month.

I never received the contract because when I talked to the guy from Total Homeshield, I said I'd give him my credit card number and he said he'd email the contract. I took their word that they were going to live up to their part of the deal. When I tried giving the number he said he'd get it sent to me. It's been a couple of weeks and it's getting scary because I gave them my account number at the bank and have received nothing from them. I have done my part, but they haven’t done theirs. I thought that at some point in time I would have received the contract telling me what they're going to do and not do. I want to compare their contract with the one that I've been carrying for about 15 years with American Home Shield and I'm not going to cancel until I find out what Total Homeshield offers. I'll give the guy a call to find out what's going on.

Total Homeshield Home Protection

Thank you again for selecting Total Homeshield for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously.

I would like to apologize on behalf of your sales representative. THS does not condone high-pressure sales tactics and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback will allow us to improve our business and retrain our staff where needed.

We at Total Homeshield have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for this opportunity to serve you. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I spoke to two different people from Total Homeshield who might want to consider using different sales tactics. Pressure sales is never good. I felt like I was at a used car lot. It’s like doing one of those things for a timeshare. I would caution people about the way Total Homeshield tries to get them to buy.

We talked to some local people, some of our friends and relatives, and we decided that having a home warranty might not be a bad idea. I did some online comparisons and then the different companies started sending me emails. I got a couple of phone calls and discussed it with my husband and we decided that Total Homeshield was probably the best deal out of the ones that we talked to. We looked at the different things that Total provided as compared to some of the other companies that we looked at -- items that were covered, cost, and cost-effectiveness. We purchased the warranty a month ago and the sales representative was great. He explained everything to me and I didn't really have a whole lot of questions but he left his name and his number told me that if I came up with any questions to get back in touch with him and he'd be more than happy to answer them. Overall, it was a good experience and it gives us a little peace of mind.

Factual basis uncertain

I have three A/C units and one just quit cooling. I got an impression initially that my air conditioners were covered and asked the technician to check on the others to make sure they're not going to go out too. I was told they don’t do service on one and not repair. Then I was told the A/Cs were not covered. I had to pay $125 a piece and also had to pay additional $8 or $10 to my policy because I have three units. I wound up paying $450 off my pocket. The other two units only had to have new filters put in, but the tech put new filters in all three, which I had to provide because I keep them all the time and I didn’t want to pay $50 for each. I kept thinking why the work was quick and I was told all was needed was cleaning.

Lots of times I've talked to Total Homeshield to use the warranty, they said I am not covered for something which was not what I understood. I'm looking at $700 this year on what I thought they'd cover. The claims reps were very nice, though. They were very convenient and thoughtful. I couldn’t ask for better service people.

We had a home warranty that was expiring and my realtor signed us up with Total Homeshield when we bought the house. She gave them my phone number and they contacted me. The sales representatives were great. The service was excellent and they got us a better price.

Getting protection seemed like a good idea because I’m a single female and I own two houses. So I thought it would be better just to have a Plan B. I just told the people at Total Homeshield what I wanted and they gave it to me. It was an easy sale. I asked the representative if there were any out-of-pocket expenses, and he said there were none. It turns out, there is a $60 fee each time someone is called out and he wasn’t quite upfront with that. When I sent him a message after I had paid for it, to say something about that, he never acknowledged it. That’s the only negative I had. But, the $60 fee didn’t bother me because that’s not unreasonable.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I called my sales rep and thought I was getting Home Shield, but I got Total Home Shield instead. When I had checked out the other one's price, it was a little pricier so I decided to give Total Home Shield a shot. The salesman was pleasant and helpful when I purchased it but it's been close to a month and I haven't received anything like a packet or contract from them.

I had other home warranty providers but they were too expensive. I got Total Homeshield and their rep was friendly in explaining everything. He was good.

I got a geothermal system and Total Homeshield covers it. I haven't filed a claim yet but it was a very good experience overall.

I went online looking for a home warranty company after having very horrible experiences with several companies. I was also looking for the lowest price and I found Total Homeshield. The sales rep continuously called me until he closed the sale, but he was professional and exceptionally well. It's been an interesting and rewarding experience overall.

Total Homeshield Home Protection Company Profile