toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The rating S/B "0" star. I encountered the most inefficient, incompetent, no good liars. This ** company should not be allowed to do business of any kind in anywhere. They are up to screw you with their sweet talks while get your hard earned money. They're trying to get $1200, but I hope Nevada Dept of Ins. can help. Watch this **, if you cancel your policy and have services done during their coverage, they deduct it b4 a refund is given. Don't pay in advance, which I did and was double charge in both policies, even though the service was not performed in any of the two... Their dissatisfied are also cheap and incompetent. Don't buy a headache AND PROBLEMS, THEY ARE **!!! ALL PROOFS ARE AVAILABLE BY MAIL AND WILL STAND WITH MY ** ASSESSMENT OF THEM.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Marc did a very good job of selling me this warranty. He convinced me of taking the 6 year plan and thus saving me a lot of money. I hope if I have a problem (solved) that I'll be as happy then as I am now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Marc ** was responsive, friendly, "to the point" in answering my questions. Had a sense of humor, very personable. Represents your company very well, offered plans to suit my needs, various coverage durations and payment options. No pressure to buy, but offered incentive to do so.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to say thank you to Marc for assisting me in getting a new home warranty. I was fed up with my previous company and when I contacted Total Home Protection, he was able to provide the best possible options to me. I will definitely recommend your company!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Service man came on time (set beforehand) and was very courteous and knowledgeable about the situation. We were very pleased with the service of Gleaning Hands Appliance. He took the time to explain to both me and my wife how to properly operate the automatic lighting system. Thanks again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Home Protection?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a home protection through Total Home Protect. Their contract states that covered appliances and systems will be repaired or replaced after paying the individual deductible of $150. I was told there were no service people who could come same day to look at the system, so I could find my own person. He came out and stated that the entire system would need to be replaced, which would cost about $6000. The company then said that the system would have to be repaired first with their parts, and this a/c repair company stated they would not install the parts that the company wants installed. Therefore, the home warranty company now wants to send me $1000 and considers the matter done.

I spoke with a customer service rep last week, who stated the parts would be ordered and one of their companies would come and install the parts, but that this would take 3-5 business days. We are now 6 business days further and I spoke with a supervisor who stated that they would go ahead and issue the $1000 since my original a/c person had refused to put their parts into my a/c. I told them that this was not what was in the contract, which states that a system will be repaired and if deemed not repairable, it will be replaced.

This paltry sum they have deemed appropriate to buy off their promise in the contract is nowhere near enough to even get some parts replaced. I am now going on day 8 of no air conditioning, in Oklahoma, with temperatures daily over 100 degrees. Don't buy a contract from this company, I am sure there are many good home warranty companies out there, and once this is done, we will definitely make the switch to a more reputable, reliable company.

Marc was extremely helpful with answering my questions and giving me the information to make the best choice for my home protection needs. He helped me save money and protect my assets. He was friendly and professional. I feel better knowing I have Home Protection in the event anything goes wrong with my house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Marc ** was efficient, thorough, and concise. It was a pleasure talking with him and very informative. He was able to communicate the information in a format that was very helpful in making my decision and my choices for now and the future.

I called the service department on June 16, because my A/C was freezing up. I was given a A/C company name TDM. This company is based out of Georgia and I live in North Carolina. Every time I spoke to someone at the company he informed me that the tech would call me. I finally got someone to come out to my house on July 12. The tech walked in and looked at the A/C and informed me that the reason why my A/C was freezing because I need freon and it is not covered under my policy. When I called customer service they was closed and the tech left without doing anything to my A/C. I will not be using Total Home Protection anymore for any reason because they do not have good customer service and they do not check the contractors that they hire to come out to service your equipment. All they do is take your monthly payments and do not render the service that is needed.

Any experience I have with Total Home Protection has been horrible. We had a toilet that was running. We filed a claim as soon as it happened and someone was supposed to come over. The reps were not easy to get a hold of. I was put on hold for at least 15 minutes before I talked to somebody. I continually wanted to talk to a supervisor and could never get through. The reps always tried to resolve it themselves and that's why it took two weeks for the whole thing to get resolved. I was with another company the last few years and at this point, I will finish off my year and go back to somebody else.

I first contacted Total Home on 6/18/2017 because I was having problems with my central air conditioner. I received their answering service. They took down minimum information and stated that they were forwarding the call to dispatch. They did not provide me with a reference number for the call. I called back a few hours later after I had not heard from anyone and they said that all they do is take messages and forward to the dispatcher since this is on the weekends. They could not provide me with a status of my call or any information. One of this companies selling points is the fact that they provide 24/7 service. This is absolutely not true. Needless to say I never heard from anyone.

When I contacted the office on Monday June 19th, 2017, they indicated that they did not have any record of my call. I spoke with a Mark (**) who stated that he was a customer service manager. I explained to him about my recent call over the weekend and he said that they did not have any record of my calls. He said that he can take a new call and walk my information over to his dispatch unit and someone will contact me to come out. Unfortunately it can take up to 24 hours... mind you this is in addition to the days that I have already been waiting. Also keep in mind THP has collected 2 payments from me on-time... 24 hours came and went and no one ever called me. I called back and was given more excuses than as to why no one ever contacted me (the customer). I was given the dispatch manager Dane ** (**) and was told he did not know why I had not been contacted.

Their problem did not have a contractor in the area that I live in... How is that possible? I live near ANN ARBOR, CANTON and surrounding communities. I'm confused? Bottom line they did not have anyone to service the Ypsilanti Area... wow... this is what I paid for. He said that I could get a contractor to come out and have them call them for authorization prior to providing service. A week went by and still no call from THP the warranty company that I am paying... I called them back and spoke with Dane and he could not explain why to date I had not heard from anyone... he offered a ton more of excuses.

I contacted a contractor and he came out and diagnosed the problem and called THP (I was on the call) and they asked him so many questions like they did not want to cover the repair. This is exactly what happened. They denied my claim stating that it was a pre-existing problem and could not have happened within the days after the policy became effective. You do not know when your appliances will stop working. It's unforeseen. Do not purchase their warranty... you get the run around and they DO NOT PAY!

I've filed a claim with Total Home Protection for my oven in March. The only thing I haven't done yet is an upgrade. I was waiting to do that to see what we were doing on our house. I called the other day to see about getting the link to see how much the upgrades are but the reps told me they couldn’t give me that link again because it's only available one time. So now I can't go back to that website. The problem now is every time I want to check a price, I have to call and the last few times I've called, I've been on hold for a solid hour. Other than that, my experience with them has been good and I didn’t have any trouble with my claim.

I heard about Total Home Protection from a relative. I've used them once, and so far, so good. I didn’t have any problems submitting the claim and the contractor that was sent to the house took care of everything. I’m satisfied with Total Home Protection.

I'm tired of paying hundreds of dollars when something breaks, so I looked into home warranties and I got one from Total Home Protection. The price was reasonable for what I was looking for. The charge for a service call is $45, and most people tell me that their home warranty service charges them $75 to $80 per service call. I went on the website of Total Home Protection to see how they would handle a problem, if I had one. I also researched reviews and they had negatives and positives, like with any company, so I’ll have to see for myself. I am waiting for the paper copy of the contract. I hope they send that because I'd just seen some reviews that people never got it. The first service rep that called me was a jerk. We didn't have time, so I never called back. But the second guy that I dealt with didn't bug me. He called me about two or three times over a week, so that was nice. Overall, I had a good experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

If I could give less than 1 star I would. My calls started on Monday. It is now Wednesday and I am still being bounced around. On January 1st of 2017 I purchased a home warranty for my home in Virginia. I had a leak in the incoming water line which was fixed but asked my sales consultant if this would be covered and I was told absolutely. I have now called for a leak 6 months later and have been told they won’t cover outside the home. When I told them our conversation they told me they would have to review our conversation.

I called Tuesday 24 plus hours later and was told it would take 24 to 48 hours. I was promised a call on Wednesday by 8 am HST, which did not happen. I called 3 1/2 hours later and the new supervisor/manager said he doesn’t see any notations. I have now been on hold for 50 minutes, as I was told "Let me look into it". As well it took over 2 months to receive my contract. I finally hung up. I have an appointment. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. NO INTEGRITY.

My friend referred Total Home Protection to me. Our AC unit started blowing lukewarm air and when I called for the claim, their representatives were okay. Something was tripping the breaker and they sent out people. It worked but I had to call them back out. They checked it again and it was something with the AC unit. They cleaned it for the second time, which I didn’t understand because they could have done it the first time instead of having to come back out twice to do it. A few days later, it stopped again. They’re not doing something right to the AC. I called them back but they never called me back after that. I didn't call Total Home Protection for it as it was just too much back and forth. And they won’t send their people out. So I had to call Sears and pay them to come out. They fixed it the first time and I’ve had no problems since.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I first went with Home Shield but then I wanted to cancel them and they had a really bad attitude. So I really cancelled it and then went with Total Home Protection. They had a better deal and it was cheaper. At Home Shield, you can do monthly but then they don't want you to cancel.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a problem with the pool plumbing system and submitted the claim over the phone. Initially, I was frustrated because Total Home Protection said they couldn’t find anybody to work on it. I complained and told them I was going to cancel my program with them because I signed up for a pretty long period of time and it’s cancellable and refundable. The next day, they found a vendor for me so I got the impression that they found somebody because I threatened to cancel the membership.

The contractor didn’t show up one time and was not very responsive to me. He wouldn’t get on the phone. I had to call Total Home Protection and complain that I couldn’t get in touch with him. The next day, I got him to call me. He came but didn’t get approval from Total Home Protection to do the work. He was sitting out in front of the house for a while and I couldn’t understand why he didn’t get the approval before he came. And when he came, he had the wrong part and had to wait another day. It was a pain in the neck and I was dissatisfied. It was my first claim with them so my first impression of them was not good. I’m waiting to see what happens on the next claim. Maybe the pool was the problem because it’s pool season and they’re having a tough time finding pool guys to work. If it was a regular problem like AC, I’m curious as to how they would perform there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a home warranty for a rental condo that we purchased 3 years ago. The AC unit recently quits working. Upon request, Total Home Protection dispatched a technician on May 21 to check it out and the Technician determined that the coil is leaking and recommended replacement. We paid $45 for the inspection. What happened next surprised us completely. Instead of honoring the warranty policy and fix the AC unit, Total Home Protection rejected our claim citing that the unit had previous services before. This, happens to be a baseless argument that was completely made up on their end to not honor their warranty service agreement for two reasons -

1. Total Home Protection claims that the technician stated that the coil has a mismatch with the unit, and used this as their basis for their argument that the unit was serviced in the past. In making up this fraudulent determination, they failed to recognize three fundamental facts - a. We bought this unit 3 years ago and the AC unit has been working all along and we have had no repair services on the unit until now. b. If indeed it was a coil mismatch, how could the unit keep working all these 3 years until now? c. Who on earth would "service" an AC unit by putting a mismatched coil in in the first place?

2. In the receipt the technician gave us a copy of, there is no statement at all that indicated a "mismatched coil" as Total Home Protection claimed. All he stated is "Leak in old coil. Rec. Replace System" (receipt image attached).

When we bought the unit, we have done a thorough inspection by a licensed inspector, all appliances were working well. Like I said, the AC unit has been working all along and we had no service repairs throughout those years until now. It's a shame that Total Home Protection, in an effort to avoid honoring their policy, would cook up such a baseless excuse to try to disqualify our claim and request for service. This is our first time using Total Home Protection, clearly this is not a business we could trust to honor any of their policies, if they can simply generate out of the blue a baseless excuse like this. I'd like to request Consumer Affairs investigate or alert FTC to look into the claim processing practices within Total Home Protection.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve got some appliances that are getting a little bit older and I wanted to have a little bit of assurance in case one of them was to go out. Total Home Protection had a commercial that came on the radio and I went from there. When I signed up, the rep was pleasant and explained what was involved in the service. The price was fair, too. They had about 3 options to choose from and could include different aspects of the home and different appliances. There is also an opportunity to sign up for a six-year plan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had this repairman come from Advanced Appliances and told me that the washer wasn't getting any water source and I had to call a plumber. I told him that what he needed to do was to disconnect it from the water source, find the line and re-attach it, that there was rust in the line. He argued with me and he did it. Then, he found out that was part of the problem. He said it needed a water inlet valve and that they had to order it. He called me today and said that he's not getting any response from Total Home Protection and it's going to cost me $300 or more for him to repair it. I said, “No. It’s not. I have the warranty to cover it.” However, I called Total Home Protection and got a hold of them and they said they’re going to call him tomorrow because he didn’t wanna talk to them today. I'm not pleased right now.

Total Home Protection

Carol - Your warranty is with Total Home Protection, not Total Protect Home Warranty. Their web address is http://www.totalhomeprotection.com/

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues. Best - Heather

Original review: May 15, 2017

I bought this policy because I am a single Mom, and I cannot fix most of the problems that happen in my house, I saw they have good reviews, not I wonder is this review are real! When I asked before buying they said will cover everything,is not true, is not is a lie!

My first call was for my garage door, they said they just can’t fix rollers just the motor parts, no the roller, I passed,then I look for another company and fixed it for $60.00 dollars.

My second call was my water heater broke and I they said that they only fix the component's of the water heater no the tank, this is a fraud company, I cancel my account and they charge me with, two months plus cancellation, Why I have to pay cancelation fees, your company is not fixing anything that I asked. Please be careful this company is a fraud, I still do not receive my refund and more than 10 days have passed, is a fraud

Factual basis uncertain

Whatever you do, DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY. This is not a real company. It's a fraud. It's run by 2-3 young 22-25 year old guys. There is no underlying network of contractors. It's all a lie... There is no file a claim on website. It does not exist. It's a make believe only... If you file a claim with them to send out a contractor to repair something in your home I guarantee you that this repair person will never arrive and all you will do is call and call the next day and the day after that explaining yourself as to why they did not send anyone. They will apologize and give you another nonexistence contractor phone number only for you to call again and complain.

Total Home Protection is a TOTAL SCAM. BE AWARE!!! I bought a home warranty coverage policy from this company effective from 4/23/2017-6/24/2018. I paid with my credit card $2100 for 6 policies. I was influenced to join after reading on their website that it only costs $45 for a technician visit which is the cheapest by far compared to any other home warranty in the market today.

On 05/07/2017 I called to place a claim for a leak inside the house located California 91367 with the contract number **. The person there after 2 days emailed me a number for a company called US Veterans Home Services Inc. After calling this number numerous times and leaving messages, no one called me back and so I called the Total Home Protection again and told them that no matter how many times I call no one at this US Veterans Home Services picks up the phone or returns calls. Then they provided another plumbing company phone number this one called Drain Doctors Plumbing and Rooter. This time a person by the name of Arnold picked up the phone and told me he would come by on 05/10/2017 but the next day he called and cancelled the appointment mentioning that he does not want to work with Total Home Protection Company for reasons he did not tell me.

Again, I called the Total Home Protection the next on 05/10/2017 called and told them the problem and the individual said hold on and put me on hold and never came back. After 20 minutes I hung up. And 12:02 I called again and this time another individual who represented himself as manager pick up the phone. I told him about how fraudulent everything seems. He said he will personally call me and make sure the problem is resolved in the next 30 minutes. He never called back but 4 hours later, an email came with another plumber's phone number this time called Royalty Plumbers and Air Conditioning Services. I called this number and the calls goes to answering machine and the message says voice box is full.

I believe that all these numbers not working for one reason or another is not a coincidence. I have a belief that this company is functioning only to defraud the American people with fake home warranty protection policy. There is no functional underlying network of service providers in an event of submitting a claim. They claim in the contract that policy holder can check the status or file a new claim Online but that is a lie. When I asked them how come I cannot check or file a claim online they said it under repair. I have a sincere belief that the check status section has never been operate nor will it ever be.

I looked up Total Home Protection online. When I had a pool problem, I was referred to this certain guy who came in, but he wouldn't even submit a report. I paid the $45 copayment and I kept calling him every day, "Could you please submit a report? I need the pool to be fixed." After one week, he just wrote anything and sent it. I told him, "This is not right." I brought somebody else while I was working with him. This next guy said the filter needs to be changed, but the company is refusing to do that. They have been trying everything to get out of it. This is not somebody that I know. It was referred by the warranty company. It dragged on for about three or four weeks. I'm very disappointed and even thought of cancelling. I told Total Home Protection, "Can you find me someone else?" They said, "Okay, we'll find somebody else. We'll even waive the copayment for you."

I brought two companies, one theirs and the other was the pool company that I wanted to hire, which told me they won't start the service until I do the repair. My pool was starting to go bad because I don't have a pool guy and I really want to hire this company. They said the filter needs to be changed. The filter is covered but the warranty company tried to get out of it by finding an excuse not to cover it. The manager offered $200, then another manager pumped it up to $315 towards fixing of the problems because they know I need to change the filter. I left several messages to the manager that I spoke to and the one who offered me $315 never called me back. I was going to ask him about the $45 for the copayment on top of the $315, but I've never gotten an answer. I told the guy "Go ahead and change the filter." I was going to pay the difference.

I would not ring Total Home in the future. I didn't want to go through that. I paid upfront but it's very unfair and unprofessional. If it's covered, it's covered. More than one person said the filter needs to be changed. Even the guy said "I've worked with a lot of warranty companies. This one would have been covered in a minute. It wouldn't be a question." I already recommended other people to Total Home Protection and then there were going to be more people, but I'm not going to do that in the future. I am very dissatisfied.

Factual basis uncertain

Called 6 pm, answering service. Never heard from them. Called the next day, they were sorry they are having a problem with their service. They could have someone out to me 5 days after I called, because they don't consider a dishwasher an emergency. They don't do the repairs, they find local companies that want to work with them. I asked for a refund. They gave me a runaround, then they sent me a document. Well I don't sign my rights away. I called Chase Bank, and THS has an agreement with them that if there is a dispute they won't fight it and will refund fully. The contract states, "THP reserves the right to offer cash back in lieu of repair or replacement in the amount of our actual cost, which at times may be less than retail, to repair or replace any covered system, component, or appliance." Now they just called my while I'm writing a RELEASE AGREEMENT.

I was shopping around for a home warranty and then I found that Total Home Protection sounded reasonable. I was also reading the reviews and there was nothing too bad about them. However, we did a claim but they haven't sent it to the contractor. I got an email from them and I have the contractor details so I called him. He said Total Home Protection have said that he has a job to be done but they haven't sent the work order. He said that he needs that work order for him to come and do their stuff. I called Total Home again and they said they're going to send right away and they did. The contractor said that he received the email but the attachment wasn't there. It was some kind of technical issue but they came and fixed it. Everything went good and I was happy.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I contracted for a home warranty protection plan with Total Home Protection and had 30 days to review the contract which was not sent out. We had to call again for the contract. Since our house was a short sale the contract did not cover us so I called to cancel the contract on April 19 (had gotten the contract March 27). I spoke to Dane who said no problem he would cancel the contract. I went out of town returning April 29 and I saw I had been charged another $375.38 again and my contract obviously had not been cancelled. I will try again 5-1 to speak to a representative. I was told their offices are closed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Paid premium in full, made a claim for my AC unit. They send their tech out and it was diagnosed with a bad compressor. THS says that it's not covered and the tech lied. I said, “Well send someone else out” and they told me to pay for a second opinion… wow! Then went on to say my compressor is not covered and I have the platinum plan. It's covered and they don't want to pay: they rather refund me my money because they refuse to replace my compressor. Also the supervisor (DAVID) and the customer service reps are rude. Do not recommend... BEWARE! They are not repricable!!!

Total Home Protection was the company I had before for about 10 years. I was okay with the service then but when I refinanced my mortgage, they dropped the policy. I didn't realize it and it was months later. They told me I had all these premium to pay to be caught up. So I just let it go because I didn't have that kind of money. When I was online, a guy from Total Home Protection called me. He convinced me I should buy and based on the prices, I did.

I called Total Home Protection once, since I joined, about my oven. I had cooked a meal and I turned it off. And then I turned it back on to do something else and it just kept getting cool and it wouldn't start. I told them what I thought the problem was and that I needed someone to come out and look at it. Total scheduled it and the guy came out the next day or the day after. He fixed it so I’m pleased. Total Home Protection is good and so is their coverage. I recommend them.

Two weeks ago, I told Total Home Protection about the water dropping in my room. Even though I declared it, nobody came to look. Nevertheless, I'm really satisfied with them. Their representative was cordial and the contractor they sent was nice. When I came back from the store, the AC wasn't working. My children said they came back from school and it was hot. And since the repair, the performance of the AC has been good. My experience with Total Home Protection has been satisfactory and I've recommended them to several people.

Total Home Protection Company Profile