ServicePlus Home Warranty

American Home Shield

American Home Shield Reviews

View Plan

About ServicePlus Home Warranty

ServicePlus Home Warranty offers two home warranty plans for customers to choose from. Coverage is available for major systems and appliances regardless of age, make or model. Technicians are prescreened for licensing and insurance to take care of major replacements and repairs.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Free online quote
    • Add-on coverage options
    • Large network of technicians
    Cons
    • Not available in all states
    • Some complaints about support

Featured Reviews

Verified
    Lubbock, TX

… The price was right. It was a good deal… there's an online process to use. I like online stuff. It’s easy for me to do. I sent in the claim when I had a lone circuit breaker in ...

Verified
    Davenport, IA

The agent was very helpful in describing the plan. What the plan covered and the term and cost. He gave the information on a five year plan and a three year plan. All the plans so...

ServicePlus Home Warranty plans

Depending on the warranty plan you select, ServicePlus Home Warranty coverage can include a mix of systems and appliances. The Gold plan covers 15 items, including systems like plumbing and appliances like dishwashers. Platinum coverage includes 20 major home systems and appliances. Additional coverages are available, including for pools and spas, water softeners and septic systems.

Gold plan

Total Home Protection’s Gold plan provides coverage for basic systems and appliances:

• Plumbing system
    • Ductwork
    • Garage door opener
    • Ceiling and exhaust fans
    Platinum plan

The Platinum plan covers everything in the Gold plan, plus your air conditioning system, clothes washer and dryer, heating system and refrigerator.

• Air conditioning system
    • Ductwork
    • Garage door opener
    • Ceiling and exhaust fans
    Optional coverage

Extra coverages are also available for those who want further protection.

• Pools and spas
    • Additional heating system
    • Additional water heater
    • Additional garage door opener

ServicePlus Home Warranty costs

Plans generally range from $53.67 per month to $60.33 per month. Because prices may vary by your location, home size and selected plan, the best way to get an accurate cost estimate is to request a quote from ServicePlus Home Warranty.

ServicePlus Home Warranty coverage exclusions

Preexisting conditions are not covered, which is standard on most home warranty contracts. Additionally, there may be parts or components of covered items that are excluded from coverage.

For example, while air conditioning systems are covered under the Platinum plan, replacement filters for those systems are not provided, according to a sample service agreement. With appliances, you often see items like knobs, dials, shelving and any removable accessories excluded from coverage.

A home warranty contract with THP may also include dollar amount caps, or coverage limits, so it’s important to read the agreement carefully.

ServicePlus Home Warranty coverage limits

ServicePlus Home Warranty places coverage limits on certain items (see below). If the cost of a repair or replacement exceeds this amount, you would be responsible for covering the remainder of the costs yourself.

ServicePlus per contract term cap is $1,500 for “access, diagnosis, repair and/or replacement” of all covered items. In addition, it has coverage limits per item in certain areas. This is the maximum dollar amount the company will pay out per contract term for specific items.

If a claim requires a service provider to break through walls or ceilings to make the repair, Total Home Protect will also cover up to $500 per claim to get the wall or ceiling back to a rough finish by hanging or patching drywall.

ItemServicePlus coverage limit*
    Plumbing and electrical$500
    Water heater$500
    Whirlpool bathtub, spa/pool$500
    Ceiling/exhaust fan$400
    Septic tank pumping$200
    Refrigerator ice maker$200

*For access, diagnosis, repair and/or replacement (per contract term)

ServicePlus Home Warranty FAQ

Does ServicePlus have a waiting period?

Yes, coverage kicks in 30 days after enrollment. In certain circumstances, ServicePlus may waive the waiting period.

Where is ServicePlus available?

ServicePlus offers service contracts in all states except for California and Nevada.

How do I request service from ServicePlus?

You can file a claim 24/7 online or by calling the ServicePlus claims department toll-free.

1. Submit your claim to ServicePlus.
    2. ServicePlus assigns one of its approved local contractors to your case within two business days (four days on weekends and holidays).
    3. The service provider will contact you to schedule your appointment.
    4. You will pay your trade service call fee (specified in your contract; $75 is standard).

ServicePlus guarantees labor for 30 days and parts for 90 days. Should a failure occur due to the labor provided on your repair within 30 days, ServicePlus will send a technician to fix the problem at no additional cost to you.

Can I cancel ServicePlus?

Yes. If you cancel within 30 days of ordering, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel after 30 days, you will receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the contract, minus a $50 administrative fee for each unused term.

Is there a limit on the number of claims?

There is no limit on the number of claims you can make during your contract term. However, there may be dollar caps on covered items per contract term.

What happens if a covered item cannot be repaired?

If Service Plus cannot repair a covered item, it will provide a replacement under your contract’s terms. The company may offer a cash payout instead.

Is ServicePlus Home Warranty legit?

ServicePlus Home Warranty is a legitimate home warranty company. It offers plenty of coverage options for homebuyers and sellers. Monthly costs are in line with the industry average, and it has a below-average service call fee, which is why we think the company is worth considering. It could be an especially good choice for those who like the idea of managing their account and claims online.

ServicePlus Home Warranty Reviews

Stars Rating

• 37%
    • 0%
    • 0%
    • 2%
    • 61%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServicePlus Home Warranty?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServicePlus Home Warranty?
      Tech

Reviewed April 17, 2024

I've relied on ServicePlus Home Warranty for years, and they've never let me down. One incident that stands out was when my plumbing developed a severe leak, causing water damage to my home. I contacted ServicePlus, and they acted swiftly. A skilled plumber arrived and repaired the leak efficiently, preventing further damage. What impressed me most was the plumber's professionalism and willingness to educate me on preventing future leaks. ServicePlus not only fixed the issue but also empowered me with knowledge to maintain a leak-free home. I'm grateful for their expertise and dedication to customer satisfaction. I highly recommend ServicePlus for their reliability and commitment to homeowners' well-being.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

"ServicePlus Home Warranty has been a valuable asset to me as a homeowner, and one incident stands out for their exceptional service. When my central heating system failed during a cold spell, I needed urgent assistance. I contacted ServicePlus, and they responded promptly. A knowledgeable technician arrived and repaired the system swiftly, restoring warmth to my home. What impressed me most was the technician's professionalism and willingness to provide maintenance advice. ServicePlus not only fixed the issue but also empowered me with knowledge to prevent future breakdowns. I'm grateful for their expertise and quick response. I highly recommend ServicePlus to all homeowners seeking reliable coverage and peace of mind."

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

TechPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 23, 2024

I've been a satisfied customer of ServicePlus Home Warranty for several years, and they've consistently provided outstanding service. One memorable incident occurred when my air conditioning unit failed during a heatwave. I contacted ServicePlus, and they promptly dispatched a technician. He identified a faulty capacitor as the issue and replaced it swiftly, restoring cool air to my home. What impressed me most was the technician's professionalism and willingness to share maintenance tips to prevent future breakdowns. ServicePlus not only fixes problems but also educates homeowners to prevent future issues. In that moment, I felt relieved and empowered, knowing how to better care for my air conditioning unit. I highly recommend ServicePlus for their prompt, reliable service and valuable insights.

Reviewed March 17, 2024

ServicePlus Home Warranty has consistently provided exceptional service, and one remarkable incident truly showcased their dedication to homeowners' satisfaction. It all began when my refrigerator suddenly stopped cooling, leaving me worried about my perishable groceries. I contacted ServicePlus, and their response was prompt. A skilled technician arrived and diagnosed the issue as a faulty compressor. Within hours, he replaced the compressor, restoring the refrigerator's cooling functionality.

What truly impressed me was not just the speedy repair but the technician's professionalism and willingness to educate me on maintaining optimal refrigerator performance. He shared valuable tips on cleaning coils and checking seals, ensuring the refrigerator's longevity. ServicePlus Home Warranty is more than just a repair service; they empower homeowners with knowledge to prevent future issues. In that moment, my groceries were saved, and I gained confidence in my ability to maintain my refrigerator effectively. I highly recommend ServicePlus to all homeowners seeking reliable coverage and expertise.

Profile pic of the author.
        Customer ServiceTech

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

Being a homeowner, I've come to rely on ServicePlus Home Warranty as my go-to solution for unexpected home repairs. One incident that exemplifies their exceptional service took place during a blistering summer day when my central air conditioning system decided to quit. With temperatures soaring, I knew I needed a fast resolution.

I contacted ServicePlus, and to my surprise, they had a technician at my door within hours. The urgency of the situation was met with their rapid response. The technician quickly diagnosed a faulty capacitor as the culprit and replaced it efficiently. The moment the cool air started flowing again, I felt a wave of relief. What truly distinguishes this experience is not just their swiftness but the technician's professionalism and willingness to educate. He not only fixed the issue but also took the time to explain the problem and its solution. This added layer of information left me not just with a functioning AC but with a deeper understanding of its inner workings.

ServicePlus demonstrated their commitment to excellence, making sure homeowners not only have working systems but also grasp the repairs made. It's this dedication that sets them apart. In that scorching moment, my home was transformed from an oven into a comfortable sanctuary. ServicePlus Home Warranty once again proved to be a reliable and knowledgeable partner, offering not just a fixed system but peace of mind.

Customer ServiceCoverageTech

Reviewed June 19, 2024

It has been a nightmare with this company. We signed up with them Feb 2024. Our top oven went out in June. We made a claim. A tech came out and found the problem. He said he would order the part. Next thing we know ServicePlus Home Warranty tells us the oven is not fixable and offers us 200 dollars. My husband refused this solution. We called back the company they sent out. They told us the part could be ordered but service plus rejected the purchase. Service plus calls us back after multiple calls from my husband and tells us they will fix the oven but after that the oven won't be covered. We refused. And will be dropping them.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageTech

Reviewed June 17, 2024

I bought a policy with this company and paid for it for 3 years. This is my 2nd year with them and I had to file a claim for my air condition unit as it was not cooling properly. A technician was assigned who came and made a diagnosis and made report to the company. There is a leakage in the system and I was told it won't be covered; surprise, how can you fix a problem when you can't even Diagnose the problem! It is so hot, I agreed to pay for it and now they want a new proposal from the technician and yet won't guarantee it will be covered. They play phone tags passing your call from one department to another and finally leave you hanging for hours. What a shame! Have you no decency left?

Maurice

I am in the same situation. MY AC unit went out and they sent a Technician. He told them that the unit lost freon because of wear and tear over the years. They disapproved my claim stating that the cause was from rust and corrosion. The tech never told them the coil had rust or corrosion. He called them back and told them the problem was from wear and tear and they still disapproved my claim. I plan to get an Attorney and contacting BBB and Georgia State Dept. A very bad company.

Marina

WE ARE IN THE SAME EXACT SITUATION. To make it worse, they came out and filled freon last year and this year they're saying freon and leaks are not covered. I wrote to WAVY TV 10 We're On Your Side to see if they can help because we can't afford an attorney so we'll see what happens but we're extremely disappointed and feel Service Plus Warranty is a total fraudulent company! Join us in our plight and write to WAVY TV 10. Perhaps if enough people complain, we'll get some resolution?!?! ?

Verified purchase
        Customer ServiceClaims HandlingSales & MarketingPriceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed June 12, 2024

We demand all of our money back. You are a scam. We were warned two years ago. But trusted your sales people. We had to have ac repaired. We could not reach you by phone. So now we have to pay the invoice. The claims person would not listen. Simply stated denial because we did not call you. This is the second time we have been denied. Each time the IMMEDIATE response is to quote some disclaimer. We are now out 1005.00 for repairs. We demand our money back.

Tech

Reviewed June 2, 2024

Would give them zero stars if I could. They tried to diagnose the issue with my oven over the phone. Took ten days to get the parts. The service tech showed up and diagnosed the problem and said those parts wouldn't fix. Told me which part would fix it. I called Service plus and they would not send any more parts and we're doing a buyout of $300 for an oven that costs over $2000.00. I laughed and was in disbelief. I am ending up buying the part and fixing it myself. This was in February. They told me it would take 6-8 weeks to get my check. Here it is June 2nd and still no check. Called last month and they told me accounts payable is doing one run of checks for the last 4 months and that I will get my check. Personally I think they are playing money games to stay afloat. I would avoid this company like a plague.

Reviewed April 17, 2024

ServicePlus Home Warranty has consistently provided excellent service, and one incident highlighted their dedication to customer satisfaction. When my garage door opener malfunctioned, leaving my home vulnerable, I knew I needed help. I contacted ServicePlus, and they responded promptly. A skilled technician arrived and repaired the opener swiftly, restoring security to my home. What impressed me most was the technician's professionalism and willingness to share maintenance tips. ServicePlus not only fixed the issue but also empowered me with knowledge to prevent future problems. I'm grateful for their expertise and quick response. I highly recommend ServicePlus to all homeowners seeking reliable coverage and peace of mind.

Quick and easy. Find a home warranty partner now.

ServicePlus Home Warranty Company Information

ServicePlus Home Warranty
          518 Old Post Road, Suite 7 #315
          Edison
          NJ
          www.serviceplus.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: