toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I liked Total Home Protection's wording on what they covered and how quickly they responded, so I decided to go with them. I filed a claim over the phone when my AC went out. The unit went out on a Saturday, and I called the following Monday and I didn't hear anything from them on Tuesday. So, I called them and I was told at that point that my request was still in the kiosk, so they could find someone. Later on, someone from Total Home called me and said they found someone and he will be contacting me soon. It was late in the afternoon on that same day when the person called me and we set up some arrangements and he came out. It was a very positive and smooth experience. Since the repair, I have not had used the AC a lot but it's working perfectly. I turned it on for a while and I'm not having any problems so far. My overall experience with Total Home has been very positive. They're prompt and right on point.

Factual basis uncertain

My account was closed by Dane ** & Kim without consent so repairs to my dishwasher wouldn't be repaired. I originally called in to have my dishwasher repaired and the repairs were immediately denied after the technician came to my home. After a few days of calls between the technician and the warranty company we agreed to have it repaired. I then called and spoke with Dane because I was concerned that I was going to continue to have problems with the warranty company and asked if I could request to cancel my account on February 1. He said, "Sure that wouldn't be a problem" and I would still have the repairs done.

Over the weekend I decided I didn't want my account canceled and called in to make sure it wouldn't be. I was then informed that my account was canceled and my repairs wouldn't be covered. I requested to speak with a manager and got Kim who advised me that she and Dane canceled the account because I asked for a future date of cancellation. She then began to yell and say I could contact a lawyer and waste my money for a $35 warranty. I have never dealt with a company that is this horrible to customers. Per the contract all cancellation requests are to be made in writing.

Total Home Protection's pricing and the salesman convinced me that the five-year program would be the way to go and it has been going great. They were very economical and prompt in their service work. My compressor started acting a bit and when I called Total Home Protection, they said I couldn't file a claim until it completely went out, so I waited. It took two weeks before it completely went out and the next day, I called in and filed the claim, and they were very friendly and knowledgeable. They got a serviceman out the next day to look at the compressor. He went over all the different stuff, and what could be the problem, and then he diagnosed it, I was happy with the conclusion, and they eventually replaced the compressor. I would recommend them to anybody that's interested in a home protection service.

Factual basis uncertain

Called for claim on garbage disposal (since my plan covers plumbing). They send a plumber who immediately replaces the garbage disposal and puts it in the trash can (no test no examination). The next day, warranty company says the garbage disposal was leaking and it was rusty and the damage started more than 11 days ago, therefore, they would not cover it (Neither the plumber nor anyone else looked closely at the garbage disposal). Just like that. An incoherent, irrelevant, crazy reason to just get away from covering the disposal.

Moreover, a short story, the plumber takes a look at a leaking toilet. After three visits and no success at fixing it, he says there is a crack on it and needs to be replaced. Guess what? Warranty doesn't cover it either. I called them and they are very well trained in apologizing and telling you they will call you because they need to talk to their manager. No calls. Nothing. A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. STAY AWAY AND PAY A BIT MORE FOR A LITTLE RESPECT.

I was with another warranty company that was less than reputable and I was looking for a replacement. I saw something online about Total Home Protection and looked into them. I got an estimated bid from them on a monthly basis and took it from there. I'm new with them and hopefully, I don't need them too often. However, I've had to have service done on my heater twice since I've been with them. If there was a complaint to be had, it'd be that there was a lack of communication between Total and myself or the consumer. I shouldn't have to keep calling Total to find out who's gonna come out.

The last claim was just this month. I woke up on a Saturday morning and my house was 50 degrees. It was 27 degrees outside and my heater at home was cycling but it wasn't staying on. When I got up, I called Total and requested an emergency repair. I talked with Jennifer who was very helpful. She said she would file an emergency repair order. But by Monday, I had not gotten any information or I did not have anybody coming out. I called again and talked to Keith. He said the work has been assigned to a contractor. They gave me the contractor's phone number and I called them. They said they did not have a work order from Total and that they would call Total and get back with me. The contractor didn't get the work order until Tuesday and came late that evening but they had to come back Wednesday because they didn't have a part on their truck to fix it. But so far, everything is working the way it's supposed to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Home Protection?

I had been disappointed with the company that I had before Total Home Protection. I was having more and more problems getting support. I finally decided I am going to find out what else was available out there and found Total Home Protection on the internet. So far, I've had no difficulties with them. In fact, I even had one service company go and sign up with them to get on their list to provide services. I have a refrigerator-freezer combination, side-by-side and the control on the front of the door had stopped working. I submitted my claim over the phone and didn't have any difficulty with it whatsoever. A contractor was sent within the day.

In December I had a piece of piping that had to be fixed on my supply system for my swimming pool. I had a very good service and quick turnaround with it. The people that they sent out were very understanding and competent. I explained what the issue was and what had happened in the past. And in this particular situation, there had been previous work on the system where I needed the repair. They listened to what I was saying, and got the correction made and I've had no difficulty with it since then. I had total satisfaction.

My wife and I felt like we're getting older and we should try to work it in our budget in case something bad happens. That's why I bought this servicing for heating and cooling systems 'cause they are very expensive to replace. They are the fifth company I've been with in the last 18 months and at this point I have nothing but good things to say.

There was a little bit wrong though in my most recent claim with Total Home Protection but it was not that much upsetting. What happened was my cook stove went out and so they sent a man out here. A service call was $45. He reported back to Total Home Protection and they agreed that it would better to buy a new one. They allowed me $200 and it's gonna cost about $350 to do it. So, they didn't play what they advertised they do. They did pay some but they didn't pay it all. It has been about two weeks before I received the check. Also, setting up somebody to come here seems to be a long period of time. It took a week for the technician to arrive after the company contacted him.

I have no problem with them at this time and I'll continue to do with them as long as everything seems to be fine. And I'm hoping that I don't have to call them. I'd rather pay so much on monthly service and not have to go through all of this. I just did it as a backup for the cost. They are not perfect but they're a lot better than the ones I've had.

I recommend THP to any of my friends who need protection. Submitting my recent claim to them was easy and they called me back on time too. They informed the company within 24 hours but the company didn't get in touch with me 'till after a week. So I had to call the company yesterday and they came this morning. But the guy that came in said he doesn't do microwave, so he did the stove. He was very professional and explained things to me.

I used to have this other warranty that didn't do much. They promised me a lot of stuff and didn't do it so I was hesitant on getting another home warranty but it turns out, Total Homeshield Home Protection is a lot better than what I've dealt with. However, I still had one issue. I had one repair with Total Homeshield where I paid the guy to do the work on one of them but he had to order a part. I wasn't at home when he came back out. When I made it home, I saw his note and called him, but he was already on the freeway and he said that he had to charge me again to come back, so I had to deal with that because I got to have it. We argued a little but he came back to fix it and everything works now. At least they came out.

Factual basis uncertain

First of all, someone sold them my email. Secondly, the email troll they sent says click if you want to unsubscribe and it takes you to their website. There is no place to unsubscribe! First clue this is a scam. So, I just thought I'd look at the reviews, all of the 4 & 5 star reviews have purchased the service but have not had a claim to actually use the service. Read the ones who purchased the service and then tried to get the company to pay for what they are supposed to cover. Yuck, scam, scam, scam. Run, run, run.

Our refrigerator wasn't getting cool so we submitted a claim to Total Homeshield. It was a bit difficult in the beginning. We had to call 3-4 times and they didn't get back to us till two weeks later. Nevertheless, the technician was perfect. He came in, fixed it within an hour or so and left. It's been fine ever since. Things worked out well.

I noticed that the central heating unit would come on and then would go right back off. It wasn't adjusting the temperature to a suitable level in the house so I called Total Homeshield and then I was contacted by a local vendor to come out and check to see what the problem was with the unit. The contractor explained what was going on and advised me what the next steps would be in order to get the repair done on the claim. They also advised me that as soon as the part came in they would schedule a follow up visit and they did that. They walked me through the process even after they came back to do the repair and they stayed until they were sure that everything met my satisfaction. Overall, I was very impressed with the service and I feel that the service that I paid for was what I received.

On 12/08/2016 I called Total Homeshield and placed a claim for my air condition. The Claim Rep told me that I can check the status of my claim online and see what technician has been assigned to it. The next day 12/09/2016 I went on their website and that service was not available. Then I called them and I was told that the online claim status is not working. The Rep gave me the company name (Sunline Appliances) and the name of the technician (Robert phone **) that the claim was assigned to. I called him and he gave me an appointment for Saturday December 10, 2016 at 5:30 pm. He did not show up and he did not call.

I called him at 8 pm and he stated he could not come because it was raining. He gave me another appointment for Sunday 12/10/2016 and he said he will call me at 11 am. Again, he did not show up and he did not call and waited for Monday 12/11/16 to see if he would call, he still did not call me. Today Tuesday 12/13/2016 I called Total Homeshield customer service department and I spoke with Jennifer. I explained to her the situation and she called the Technician. The Tech admit that he did not show up to the appointment. The claim will be assigned to a new technician.

My neighbors knocked on my door the day before and told me that the pump had been on all day long and it was screaming loud. When I went out it was still running and it was really, really loud. I just bought the house though so that was the first idea of any problem. I called it in to Total Homeshield and the original guy came out and took a look at everything and estimated what needed to be done. The second guy came out and did the repairs but we had them come back because we had to do some filters to which I ended up paying out of pocket for. They told me the filter weren't covered.

The guy that came out to do the repairs was really nice. He showed me how to take care of all the equipment properly and how to clean everything and to make sure it was being cared for the way it was supposed to be. He gave me a run down since I hadn't been there very long. It was nice. The only thing I was disappointed at was the replacement part was refurbished and I thought it was going to be new. They said that their company requires it to be refurbished. I'm concerned because they're saying that it could burn out a lot quicker, so it may have to be replaced again in a year versus five to seven years. But Total Homeshield goes out of their way. They were responsible and they came out right away.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased a Total Homeshield policy as I thought I was getting a "good" policy. On a Friday, October 21, 2016 I called Total Homeshield to tell them I found a refrigerator repairman in my town to fix my, as Total Homeshield could not find one. I told them he was coming to do the repair on Saturday, October 22nd. Total Homeshield gave me a claim number and said that I needed to call them with the costs before the work was to be done. They claim they are open 24/7, 365 days/ year. I called them at least 6 times on the 22nd to get approval and NO ONE would answer the phone. I had the repairs done and they will not reimburse me. DO NOT invest in this company as they are not reliable.

Factual basis uncertain

Two months ago I gave Total HomeShield over $6000 of my money, covering 11 properties. Over a month ago I reported a problem with a wall oven, exhaust fan, and a refrigerator not working properly. Total HomeShield referred me to a incompetent repair co. The repairman first stated that there wasn't a problem with the refrigerator, the exhaust fan was too old, and he would have to rebuild the mother board of my oven. I continued to complain about my refrigerator not freezing and that's when the same repairman return and then stated that "there is a leak somewhere".

Total HomeShield then stated that I must and I did present a inspection report to them proving that the appliances is in good working condition. They refused to fix or replace my exhaust fan, continued to state that "it's too old", refused to fix my refrigerator until I pay for a "leak test" at a additional cost of $125. About a 2 weeks later the repairman took out the mother board of the oven, and stated that he will be back in 7 to 10 days. Well it's been 2 weeks later and I spoke to several Total HomeShield Representatives. The last one is Dane at ext. 710, and he stated that the appliance co. told him that they "should have the oven repaired by 11/19/16." Because of all the problems that Total HomeShield presented I was forced to purchased a new refrigerator and exhaust fan.

I have an older home and most things have been replaced, but there are a few that haven't. I got a home warranty to be on the safe side. Total Homeshield sent me an email and I compared them with the home warranty company I had. Total Homeshield was cheaper. Communications with them were done totally online and I'm still waiting to get the papers in the mail.

I own a home and sometimes I need things covered. In the last company I was with, their customer service was freaking ridiculously horrible. Then, I did a lot of different comparisons, it seemed Total Homeshield was the best in my buck and they had some really good ratings. Everybody I spoke to was grateful and pleasant. Total Homeshield is awesome, those guys are great.

I've been in my house a year and had to pay for a new furnace. They say it'd be good if I get a warranty on it for the appliances and stuff and I'd be okay for the next year. Total Homeshield didn’t have a cap if something needed to be replaced. Most other companies have caps on with how much they would give to replace something if it broke down. I just got the warranty from them a month ago. The sales rep kept calling everyday and I didn't like that. But other than that, he was really nice. So far, my experience has been good. I hope that their reputation precedes them.

I have several properties and have a home warranty on most of them. But I wanted to be able to save on home warranty coverage for all of them. My purchasing experience with Total Homeshield was fine. Their sales reps answered all my questions and were friendly.

I just signed up with Total Homeshield. I learned about them talking to neighbors and chose them because of their ratings. Carlton helped me out a lot, and my purchasing experience was great. They were able to answer all of my questions. Overall, I would recommend them.

I was looking for companies that offered home warranty and have talked to three. I decided this would be an opportunity and I picked Total Homeshield. Their customer service were very helpful and answered questions I had. They also sent me literature which I requested. They did everything I asked, and they were very receptive and friendly.

I had a good experience with Total Homeshield and their sales representative was very friendly. I signed up a couple of weeks ago and I'm wondering that they had not taken out the check yet because I hadn't seen a post that they took it out. I was wondering if they were having problems or maybe the guy had written down the wrong money to take the check out of my account.

I submitted a claim over the phone and everything went fine. Unfortunately, something else went wrong with the stove so we ended up getting rid of it. But my experience with Total Homeshield was good.

I did a Google search on all the different home warranty companies and found Total Homeshield. The sales rep was very knowledgeable when he and I were talking before I signed up. He was very responsive too. I reported my claim and they got it fixed. So far it's been good.

I've seen Total HomeShield on my iPhone and I decided to call. I got home warranty insurance on both of my places with the appliances. I asked a lot of questions and they went all over to explain. I'm very satisfied and I'd recommend them.

Total Homeshield has been very good. My heat pump went out so I called and made the claim, and within 24 hours it was fixed. Repairmen usually don't come out that fast, so I was very pleased. The contractor that came was wonderful. He went out and fixed it, told me what was wrong and told me how to prevent it from happening in the future. He also gave me the information I needed.

My refrigerator was not working and I submitted a claim with Total Homeshield. I called them four times but four days later, they still did not find a guy who can fix my refrigerator. I'm not happy with that. That's why I went to find a guy to fix my refrigerator and paid him $106.

I went on the internet to check out a few home warranty companies and Total Homeshield's price seemed to good to be true. They had a nice sales guy who gave me a good price up front that intrigued me. Then, he talked to his manager for a better price - I thought I was buying a used car due to that. He came back with a better price which I felt was good so I took it. Their service call fee was $45 whereas everybody else was $60 or $75, but they gave me 14 months instead of 12. The rate was almost half as what I was quoted before. I did not receive my contract right away, but I went ahead and called them and they emailed me right away, so I was happy about that. But I'm still leery until I make my first claim. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll change companies again next year.

So far Total Homeshield has been good. However, I’m having second thoughts about it because of it's lack of accessibility. I called before for a claim the first time and all of a sudden, they pushed me off - they say I got to wait for 30 days. I tried calling their rep back directly because I have a question about their services. I want to know how much more it would be to add a second refrigerator, but he ain’t called back yet.

Total Home Protection Company Profile