toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was just blessed with interaction for opening an account, and I could not be more pleased! Tim ** is the rep I spoke with, and it was like speaking with my son. He could not have been more pleasant or more helpful. We need more young people like him in this world!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a policy with Total Home Protection Platinum. When I had an issue with my dishwasher I filed a claim and everything went smoothly! All I paid was my service call fee. The Tech was prompt and very professional. I was very happy with the customer service, response time and the overall fix of the unit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a Warranty Policy in July 2017 from Total Home Protection. Late August the water dispenser on our refrigerator stopped working so I called Total Home Warranty to place a claim. They informed me that the dispenser was not covered. I explained that when I purchased the policy I was specific and listed all the appliances in our home and asked the sales representative if all would be covered, the sales representative confirmed all would be covered. He did NOT ask "did the refrigerator have a dispenser."

I believe this is fraud to sell me a warranty and lead me to believe that all the refrigerator was covered by the warranty and then say part of the refrigerator is NOT covered. The Purchase was done on the phone, so I relied on the Company's word. I requested to cancel my policy and get my money refunded. I was informed that they would cancel, prorate the refund and charge a $50 cancellation fee. I do not recommend this Total Home Protection and will pursue a stop this companies fraudulent practices through our legal system.

Do not buy this warranty. I have awful experience. Bought on May 31, 2017. File my first claim of plumbing to send a technician. Never authorized him for repairs even when they called me with approval claim. Was file on August 8. I canceled this warranty after finding they were liars on everything. When I call to canceled my policy after 3 months of having this says I'm just entitled to receive less than 500. I paid 1501.80, When you buy it they request in case of cancellation is a charge of 20.83 dollars for a prorated charge for each month you had it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Thanks a lot Tim for your help and explaining all the details and also getting us a good deal!!! :) As I suggested I would definitely refer your contact info. to my friends and have them refer my name so they can also get a very good deal...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Home Protection?

I had a home warranty system before and they sucked. Total Home Protection is convenient and inexpensive, and I signed up with them a couple of months ago. So far, they've been pretty easy to deal with though I haven't had to use them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mark ** was very thorough in explaining and answering questions. This was a good experience in trying out a new program. He was able to offer an extension service without being pushy. Though I feel that from the minute I put in my information online, I had gotten emails as well as different phone calls from different agents. That was the only thing that I did not like.

My realtor bought Total Home Protection for me as a gift when I purchased my home. I made two claims on the furnace as it wasn’t working right. The phone call worked better than going online wherein it took them two days to come up. The representative was pleasant to talk to and helped me to get someone out as soon as possible. Contractors were real professional. The repair was excellent and they got the problem solved.

I just bought my home and my cousin told me that I needed to get a home protection. I looked up home protection places online and found out about Total Home Protection. I thought I was getting the same one as what my cousin got and she said that if you paid 12 months, you’d get two months free. That was the case with Total Home Protection too, and that’s really what jumped out at me. They are a professional company and everything’s good so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is a terrible Home Warranty Service. I would not recommend it to anyone. Long wait times to start. I've had them for less than a year. They have a lot of exclusions and even their people don't understand them. I had them here for a long time and they could not verify what was covered. Also, I had an incident where they were supposed to show up and did not. I took time off work for this. They were a no show and they claimed they tried to call.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

DO NOT waste your time purchasing a home warranty from Total Home Protection. I purchased the platinum plan and when I made a claim to have the compressor in my AC replaced, the company said that it would not cover the cost. By no means am I an AC service repair expert, but a compressor is necessary for the unit to properly run. Total joke of a company, with poor customer service. Do not waste your time, money or resources.

I signed up this month and I'm happy with the service so far. I got Total Home Protection to protect the appliances and the air conditioning too. It was a good experience, overall.

I was looking for home warranty companies. Total Home Protection's price was right and then the coverage was comparable to other companies. I talked to the guys when I started up. They explained their plan to me and it sounded like it’s going to be a pretty good service. It's been 25 days since I've signed up and I haven’t had any claims yet, but they’ve been good so far.

I never received my updated policy since I could only do the yearly payment for now. I called to go from the $2000.00 policy to the yearly $550.00 and was told that it would be adjusted and updated policy sent out but I have not received anything as of yet.

I signed on with Total Home a couple weeks ago and the rep was very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Have tried 3 times to get things repaired, 1st time they send for air repair service and he left the system with live wires exposed and still broken. Had to hire someone to fix, turned out the company they sent out did not have a license to work in the state. 2nd time was for stove. The controls stopped working. Again they send someone out. I pay my fee, the guy say it's worn out but cannot fix because Total Home says it was not maintain right. How do you maintain the electronic buttons on a stove other than cleaning them.

3rd time paid extra to cover pool filter and pump. Filter needed to be replaced due to age. They sent a company out to do the job, before the company came out he called to see if in fact it would be covered which they told him yes. He comes out. I pay fee. He pulls filter apart, call them say filters are bad. They tell him it's not covered, after being on phone for half hour waiting. Have tried dealing with Total Home and every time I call I get someone else or the last person does not pick up at their number. Says they will call back never do. Service men try calling and get run around every time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Professional and helpful. Made things clear and easy. Getting home coverage is something I've been thinking of doing so the email was a good reminder and then Nick called and helped get it set up. Thank you for this opportunity.

I am very please with the way Tom helped me. I would recommend my family and friends to him. I am pleased with the coverage and how I was treated. Keep up the good work and great customer service. I like how I was called to check up to see if I could do this and how it all worked out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I look forward to working with you for my home warranty coverage and I want to thank you Ray for being professional and extremely helpful through the process of my enrollment. I will gladly refer to you my friends and family. I was referred to you by my plumber.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mr. H. ** was very helpful, knowledgeable, professional & patient when dealing with him. He waited for me to get to my truck to get credentials to process my joining the Total Home Protection community, covering my & families' household. Thank you, Mr. ** in your diligence of contacting me, thanks again.

Insufficient response received

Horrible service. We paid them since 2002 and they have never helped. Last year we tried to get them to replace the hot water heater but no one was available for a week! They told me that we would just have to wait so we purchased it our selves. Now in the heat of the summer we are supposed to go 4 days without air conditioning. We have a local service that can fix it today but they won't use them. I will be trying to sue if my pets die. They just take the money and they do not care about their customers. What a ripoff.

Mr. Henry ** was excellent in explaining the coverage and making me feel comfortable in making my choice of coverage. I trust that you will be there if ever needed as promised over the telephone. I was reassured by your agent that I will be well protected with this coverage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Tim was good. He explained everything to me and the activation was fast and easy. I would recommend all my friends to get this. I hope I never have to use this in the near future but if I do I will feel good knowing that I have the protection I need.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought this plan in March 2017. We needed of A/C repaired in May 2017 and it took approximately a week to get someone who was will to come to our area to service the unit, (If you decide to buy this plan make sure they have vendors in your area!!!). T.H.P. did not have a HVAC service provider near where we live and the company they offered did not want to travel 2 hrs. to our home. They finally agreed to come after T.H.P. was willing to paid for travel expense. So now it is August 2017 and again the unit is freezing up (It keeps losing Coolant). We call again for repair @9:00 am, BY 1:00 pm no e-mail for a vendor. Which by the way is how you get a vendors name & contact # to call and set up an appt. T.H.P. has 24-48 hrs to find a vendor for you. I did get a name & # within 24 hrs. BUT... the e-mail has the wrong contact # and wrong e-mail address.

So now I have to search the internet for the correct information. When I contacted them they also said they do not service in my area, so back to T.H.P. After strongly presenting my situation they agreed to authorize payment to my local HVAC service company a big $100.00 dollars. So I have my local A/C guy come and the system (which was again frozen/No Coolant) and he adds coolant. The price was $245.00 dollars. I faxed the invoice back to T.H.P. but I doubt (after reading other reviews about this company) that I will be reimbursed for at least the $100.00. We will see.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very please with the transaction. The price was better than I thought and hopefully the coverage will be good. I saved money and will refer clients in the future as I am a realtor and this was the best price I got after calling 3 local companies. Very pleased right now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

He answered all my questions and concerns. He called when I had recommended we talked about what was covered. He told about the discounts for paying in full but I'm on a limited income so we choose a monthly payment plan. He was very respectful of my situation. That is about all I can say.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Just opened account and will have experience to report at some later date. This is a trial subscription. My association with the process and Mr. Marc ** was handled in a just and professional manner. Should there be a need for repair service in the future, I will expect the same courteous and professional service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Marc helped me to purchase a warranty for my home and he was extremely polite, professional and knowledgeable. He explained all options available to me in detail and made several timely call backs per my request. I have already recommended his services to three people. Thanks Marc!!!

DO NOT PURCHASE! I too bought this as I am a single homeowner and don't have a lot of money when things break. I first called in a claim July 25th for my Air conditioner was told I would be hearing from them the next day... By July 27th I still had heard nothing. So I called again only to be told the first claim was never filed! I then filed yet another claim. As of yet July 31st I still have no A.C. I live in South Texas. It was 106 yesterday and 104 today! I have called every hour and have been told sorry no vendor has accepted the work order.

However to fair they did offer me a reimbursement should I call and have it repaired... 10 -15 days for refund... If approved! I have 2 little dogs 12 lbs who will die in that house if I left them all day... So for the past 2 nights I have slept in my car with A. C and took off work today as my dogs can't be left in the heat... To me this unacceptable! If I had money to have it fixed I would not need the warranty... I have paid for a service and for nothing. If you don't have vendors that will accept work orders then don't sell the warranty!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On 12/13/2016, I submitted a review. The company replied that they sincerely apologize for on behalf of the technician’s missed appointments, and they would like to offer me a free service call fee on my next claim. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. On May 2017, I called Total Homeshield and placed a claim because I had a plumbing issue. When I flush my toilet the water stays in top and did not want to go down. I had to use a plunger to flush the water. I also had the same problem with my bathroom sink. The technician said he call the company to get approval before he fix it and the guy the technician spoke to said he would not approve anything that would cost more than $300.00, and they would need to speak with the customer. After one or two days they called me and said my claim was denied. I was very upset and I cancel the policy right away. I had the policy for 8 months and I feel like I was throwing money away because I could not get service for what I paid for. Total Homeshield is the worse company ever. Please stay away from them.

Total Home Protection Company Profile