toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Professional and helpful. Made things clear and easy. Getting home coverage is something I've been thinking of doing so the email was a good reminder and then Nick called and helped get it set up. Thank you for this opportunity.

I am very please with the way Tom helped me. I would recommend my family and friends to him. I am pleased with the coverage and how I was treated. Keep up the good work and great customer service. I like how I was called to check up to see if I could do this and how it all worked out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I look forward to working with you for my home warranty coverage and I want to thank you Ray for being professional and extremely helpful through the process of my enrollment. I will gladly refer to you my friends and family. I was referred to you by my plumber.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mr. H. ** was very helpful, knowledgeable, professional & patient when dealing with him. He waited for me to get to my truck to get credentials to process my joining the Total Home Protection community, covering my & families' household. Thank you, Mr. ** in your diligence of contacting me, thanks again.

Horrible service. We paid them since 2002 and they have never helped. Last year we tried to get them to replace the hot water heater but no one was available for a week! They told me that we would just have to wait so we purchased it our selves. Now in the heat of the summer we are supposed to go 4 days without air conditioning. We have a local service that can fix it today but they won't use them. I will be trying to sue if my pets die. They just take the money and they do not care about their customers. What a ripoff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Home Protection?

Mr. Henry ** was excellent in explaining the coverage and making me feel comfortable in making my choice of coverage. I trust that you will be there if ever needed as promised over the telephone. I was reassured by your agent that I will be well protected with this coverage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Tim was good. He explained everything to me and the activation was fast and easy. I would recommend all my friends to get this. I hope I never have to use this in the near future but if I do I will feel good knowing that I have the protection I need.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We bought this plan in March 2017. We needed of A/C repaired in May 2017 and it took approximately a week to get someone who was will to come to our area to service the unit, (If you decide to buy this plan make sure they have vendors in your area!!!). T.H.P. did not have a HVAC service provider near where we live and the company they offered did not want to travel 2 hrs. to our home. They finally agreed to come after T.H.P. was willing to paid for travel expense. So now it is August 2017 and again the unit is freezing up (It keeps losing Coolant). We call again for repair @9:00 am, BY 1:00 pm no e-mail for a vendor. Which by the way is how you get a vendors name & contact # to call and set up an appt. T.H.P. has 24-48 hrs to find a vendor for you. I did get a name & # within 24 hrs. BUT... the e-mail has the wrong contact # and wrong e-mail address.

So now I have to search the internet for the correct information. When I contacted them they also said they do not service in my area, so back to T.H.P. After strongly presenting my situation they agreed to authorize payment to my local HVAC service company a big $100.00 dollars. So I have my local A/C guy come and the system (which was again frozen/No Coolant) and he adds coolant. The price was $245.00 dollars. I faxed the invoice back to T.H.P. but I doubt (after reading other reviews about this company) that I will be reimbursed for at least the $100.00. We will see.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very please with the transaction. The price was better than I thought and hopefully the coverage will be good. I saved money and will refer clients in the future as I am a realtor and this was the best price I got after calling 3 local companies. Very pleased right now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

He answered all my questions and concerns. He called when I had recommended we talked about what was covered. He told about the discounts for paying in full but I'm on a limited income so we choose a monthly payment plan. He was very respectful of my situation. That is about all I can say.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Just opened account and will have experience to report at some later date. This is a trial subscription. My association with the process and Mr. Marc ** was handled in a just and professional manner. Should there be a need for repair service in the future, I will expect the same courteous and professional service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Marc helped me to purchase a warranty for my home and he was extremely polite, professional and knowledgeable. He explained all options available to me in detail and made several timely call backs per my request. I have already recommended his services to three people. Thanks Marc!!!

DO NOT PURCHASE! I too bought this as I am a single homeowner and don't have a lot of money when things break. I first called in a claim July 25th for my Air conditioner was told I would be hearing from them the next day... By July 27th I still had heard nothing. So I called again only to be told the first claim was never filed! I then filed yet another claim. As of yet July 31st I still have no A.C. I live in South Texas. It was 106 yesterday and 104 today! I have called every hour and have been told sorry no vendor has accepted the work order.

However to fair they did offer me a reimbursement should I call and have it repaired... 10 -15 days for refund... If approved! I have 2 little dogs 12 lbs who will die in that house if I left them all day... So for the past 2 nights I have slept in my car with A. C and took off work today as my dogs can't be left in the heat... To me this unacceptable! If I had money to have it fixed I would not need the warranty... I have paid for a service and for nothing. If you don't have vendors that will accept work orders then don't sell the warranty!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On 12/13/2016, I submitted a review. The company replied that they sincerely apologize for on behalf of the technician’s missed appointments, and they would like to offer me a free service call fee on my next claim. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. On May 2017, I called Total Homeshield and placed a claim because I had a plumbing issue. When I flush my toilet the water stays in top and did not want to go down. I had to use a plunger to flush the water. I also had the same problem with my bathroom sink. The technician said he call the company to get approval before he fix it and the guy the technician spoke to said he would not approve anything that would cost more than $300.00, and they would need to speak with the customer. After one or two days they called me and said my claim was denied. I was very upset and I cancel the policy right away. I had the policy for 8 months and I feel like I was throwing money away because I could not get service for what I paid for. Total Homeshield is the worse company ever. Please stay away from them.

Please don't ever take this policy from Total Home! I filed a claim for my refrigerator! You know what they did they said only pay $150. Not even I get this check still waiting. Please this company is not as in website! What they show us and what we got. I think this company is useless! Please don't buy this policy!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ray ** was excellent on the phone and not only got our order, but scaled us up to the five year plan. His professionalism and excellent customer service was outstanding. If the service is as good as the sales, we are here for life. Thank you Ray for answering our ton of questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have worked with Mark ** a few times now and keep going back to him when I need to order a new plan. He has been very helpful in always getting me the coverage I am looking for with the right price attached to it.

My refrigerator was out of order in April, 2017. They fixed it. Then it is out of order shortly. Then they came to fix it again and out of order shortly. After 3 times, they cannot fix it and refuse to replace it. The reason is that "the refrigerator is lack of maintenance". My refrigerator is clean. What maintenance are required by the user? The customer service cannot explain it and hung up the phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Excellent sales people. Unfortunately complete and absolute frauds. I've been servicing my HVAC system every 6 months, fall and spring for the last 23 years with the same vendors. My system finally gave up and waved its white flag and surrendered to "Normal wear and tear". I had the same vendor come out and diagnose the issue and they told me what was wrong. I then called Total Home Protection and had them come with their technician to diagnose the system. Guess what this guy says... Something else completely different and lo and behold the system is not covered, but he can make the repairs to the tune of $1400+... But the entire system can be replaced for $4800... And then to top it off, the wait time to get service has averaged 25 minutes!

When I signed up, for only $399 and a $45 service call, I thought too good to be true. I told Marc that it sounds great. He immediately started in on trying to get me to get the 5 year plan. I told him I don't know them and we'll see how they perform this year. I sure am glad I did not go with the long term policy. If they are going to bait and switch everything you claim, then what is the point of the warranty?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mark was very helpful in explaining the plan to me. He was extremely helpful, professional and patient with me. I compared your company with the #1 in the market place today and he was very cooperative. Mark deserves 5 STARS!!! Hopefully your company will stand up to what it promises.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mr. ** answered all my questions and facilitated my home warranty for two properties. It was much better than just using the website. I was able to get what I think I need for coverage. He took the initiative of contacting me immediately after I went to the website.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a home protection plan to cover most areas of the house that my daughter is going to be living in when I move to FL. I had gotten an estimate from another company which was much higher and did not cover as much as your company does. I have not used it yet but am so pleased with the price that I am recommending it to all my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The rating S/B "0" star. I encountered the most inefficient, incompetent, no good liars. This ** company should not be allowed to do business of any kind in anywhere. They are up to screw you with their sweet talks while get your hard earned money. They're trying to get $1200, but I hope Nevada Dept of Ins. can help. Watch this **, if you cancel your policy and have services done during their coverage, they deduct it b4 a refund is given. Don't pay in advance, which I did and was double charge in both policies, even though the service was not performed in any of the two... Their dissatisfied are also cheap and incompetent. Don't buy a headache AND PROBLEMS, THEY ARE **!!! ALL PROOFS ARE AVAILABLE BY MAIL AND WILL STAND WITH MY ** ASSESSMENT OF THEM.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Marc did a very good job of selling me this warranty. He convinced me of taking the 6 year plan and thus saving me a lot of money. I hope if I have a problem (solved) that I'll be as happy then as I am now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Marc ** was responsive, friendly, "to the point" in answering my questions. Had a sense of humor, very personable. Represents your company very well, offered plans to suit my needs, various coverage durations and payment options. No pressure to buy, but offered incentive to do so.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to say thank you to Marc for assisting me in getting a new home warranty. I was fed up with my previous company and when I contacted Total Home Protection, he was able to provide the best possible options to me. I will definitely recommend your company!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Service man came on time (set beforehand) and was very courteous and knowledgeable about the situation. We were very pleased with the service of Gleaning Hands Appliance. He took the time to explain to both me and my wife how to properly operate the automatic lighting system. Thanks again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a home protection through Total Home Protect. Their contract states that covered appliances and systems will be repaired or replaced after paying the individual deductible of $150. I was told there were no service people who could come same day to look at the system, so I could find my own person. He came out and stated that the entire system would need to be replaced, which would cost about $6000. The company then said that the system would have to be repaired first with their parts, and this a/c repair company stated they would not install the parts that the company wants installed. Therefore, the home warranty company now wants to send me $1000 and considers the matter done.

I spoke with a customer service rep last week, who stated the parts would be ordered and one of their companies would come and install the parts, but that this would take 3-5 business days. We are now 6 business days further and I spoke with a supervisor who stated that they would go ahead and issue the $1000 since my original a/c person had refused to put their parts into my a/c. I told them that this was not what was in the contract, which states that a system will be repaired and if deemed not repairable, it will be replaced.

This paltry sum they have deemed appropriate to buy off their promise in the contract is nowhere near enough to even get some parts replaced. I am now going on day 8 of no air conditioning, in Oklahoma, with temperatures daily over 100 degrees. Don't buy a contract from this company, I am sure there are many good home warranty companies out there, and once this is done, we will definitely make the switch to a more reputable, reliable company.

Marc was extremely helpful with answering my questions and giving me the information to make the best choice for my home protection needs. He helped me save money and protect my assets. He was friendly and professional. I feel better knowing I have Home Protection in the event anything goes wrong with my house.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Marc ** was efficient, thorough, and concise. It was a pleasure talking with him and very informative. He was able to communicate the information in a format that was very helpful in making my decision and my choices for now and the future.

Total Home Protection Company Profile