3.19/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Total Home Protection strives to be the best in the home warranty industry. We have products and services that provide fast and efficient solutions. Total Home Protection promises to go above and beyond to help you get back on your feet. THP offers two plans for you to choose from that work with your budget. Regardless of age, make or model, we will cover repair or replace your covered items. Our technicians are licensed, pre-screened and insured to take care of your replacement or repair. Visit our website today for a free quote!

Total Home Protection Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I never leave reviews because I find them silly to read, but for Total Home Protection I asked my niece how to do it and here it goes: these guys are the best deal on the market, they have the best customer support and service and their sales team is a force! Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was never very interested in home warranties when I lived back in Colorado, as my house had everything brand new in it, but when we move to the West Coast, the house we could afford with the money we got from our old house was not in great shape, appliances and all. So I had to look into home warranties. After doing my homework and almost a year into my contract, I recommend Total Home Protection. The cost/value is unbeatable, especially if your household is not up to par with new things.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I’ve had a good experience with Total Home Protection and I’ve only used them a couple of times. Everything was fine when I submitted a claim and it was fairly minor. The service provided by the representative who answered the 800 number was satisfactory. Then, the contractors who came out were very good too. I've had Total Home Protection since December and I chose them them over other companies after I looked at everybody then saw that some of Total's reviews were good. They cover everything that I needed and the price is okay.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

So far, I’ve been satisfied with Total Home Protection. When I have made a claim, it was fairly easy. I liked that it did not take long for someone to come out to my home. The contractors were very good at their jobs. The service was fast and easy. They were very respectful and nice. Their cleanup was easy. It was a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Total Home Protection did what I asked them to do. I went online to file the claim and it was easy for me, but it wouldn’t be for an older person who’s never worked. I'm a retired comptroller from the air force, so I've been used to computers all my life. The commode kept running and I knew what was going on. The inside needed to be repaired. When the contractor came he found that both bathrooms were that way. One was worse than the other, but they both need the insides done. So he took pictures, called into the office and did the repair. He was also very friendly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Home Protection?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I came home from vacation and my air conditioner was not cooling. I called Total Home Protection and I had a tech come out and fix it within three days. He was fine. My experience was good. I’ve also had a recent claim in the last four weeks for the air conditioner because it was not cooling again. I filed that claim out on the website, and that one has been much more of a challenge. The first guy came out, and he had to go upstairs and look at the unit. The unit is in my attic that you get access through a bedroom closet. And he went up and did that, and he never really told me what was wrong. So, that took about a week to finally get out that their company did not have a technician of a size who could get up into my attic and figure out what was wrong with the unit, and Total Home needed to find another company with a smaller technician that could get in my attic.

We hem-hawed around and back and forth, and I got somebody else up there. Somebody else came out and looked at it. He got up in the attic and he was very noncommittal and said he would have to go back to his company and talk to them. So, three days later, I made a phone call again to Total Home and they said that my claim had been denied because the guy said that the air conditioner was not installed to code, and they could not work on it. They told me that because it’s in the attic, there was no platform and nothing for the technician to get up there and work on it. In other words, I don’t have an attic that’s completely decked. They also said that because of the debris around the air conditioner, they could not work on it, and that it had not been maintained properly. My house was built back in the 80s, and this air conditioner is original to the house.

One of the things that I’m dissatisfied with is I’m the one that kept having to make phone calls. So, the second company that came out and went up in the attic, I tried to call them back several times. I probably left three messages. I got a hold of the technician one time and talked to him, and he couldn’t remember. He’d have to go back and look at the invoices and see if he could figure out which one it was. So again, I left a voicemail with a name, phone number, and I said, “I believe I, at least, deserve the courtesy of a callback to tell me what in the world is going on.” After that, I called Total Home back, and the guy that was supposedly in charge of my claim said that he was just getting ready to send me an email. It’s not cool in Texas right now even though it’s October. So, it has been a pretty miserable month.

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties.

The consumer placed a claim for the air conditioner on 9/9/2019 stating the fan was not cooling properly. The vendors reported the failure was the unit was completely out of Freon and leaking at the evaporator coils. It was also advised that there was a lack of access and no decking on the unit which is a code violation. Per our policy, this failure is excluded from coverage. please see the referenced section of the policy below:

VII. GENERAL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY

G. This Agreement does not cover any costs associated with construction, carpentry, or other modifications made necessary by the repair or replacement of existing equipment or installing different equipment. This Agreement does not cover any costs associated with any upgrades or modifications to comply with federal, state, and/or local law, code, regulation, or ordinance. All such costs are your

responsibility.

N. This Agreement does not cover any costs incurred to gain access to a covered item, system, appliance or component in situations where there is not adequate capacity or space for serviceability caused by, but not limited to, walls, floors, ceilings, permanently installed fixtures, cabinets, snow/ice covered areas, flooded areas, or personal property. In the event it is necessary to open walls, floors, or

ceilings, or to move such fixtures, cabinets, or personal property to perform a diagnosis or service, we are not responsible for restoring such openings, items, or property. This Agreement does not cover any costs associated with equipment to gain access or permit serviceability such as but not limited to scaffolding.

All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company.

In an effort to provide good customer service, we can assist the consumer with $150.00 goodwill towards this non covered claim.

We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Sincerely,
Cherish Payne
Toll Free: (800) 545-0402

www.totalhomeprotection.com

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Anna ** is a sweetheart; she deserves a promotion. Now let's just hope the service is as good as the sales pitch made by Ms. **. Looking forward to the sleeping insurance this plan appears to offer which by comparison, is head and shoulders above competitors.

Total Home Protection response

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I just purchased my home, and Total Home Protection was the first that called me and made an offer. We had good service from the contractor that came out for our plumbing system. The contractor was an older man. He was really very nice. He would answer all my questions, all my concerns, and he took care of whatever needed to be done very quickly. And what I like best was that, it was for one day only.

When I submitted the claim with Total Home Protection, I called, and they made the report, and then the next day, I got a call from the man that came to work. The only thing was there was a confusion where the lady I spoke to did tell me that they were gonna call me or email me from the people that were gonna come fix the plumbing, and I never received an email or anything. I just got a call the following day from the man that came to my house. But other than that, it was great service.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I’ve had some good contractors from Total Home Protection, but I've had some messy ones too. Sometimes, it’d be two or three weeks before I can even get them out here. They tell lies and try to make it seem like it’s my fault. There was one time when I called to say I have an electrical problem. The guy was gonna fix just the outlet so I said, “Well, don't come. I have an electrical problem, not an outlet.” I also had my hot water heater burst. I pay Total Home Protection a monthly charge and a charge when they come out here, but then, he wanna charge me 300 and something dollars extra to fix it when it’s supposed to be insured to be fixed. I said that was a total rip-off. I'm ready to drop the plan.

To Whom It May Concern:

The consumer placed a claim for the electrical system on 7/30/2019 stating that there were 3 electrical issues located in the kitchen and 2 separate bedrooms. The vendor reported the failure was a light switch and GFI outlet in the kitchen needed to be replaced, an outlet in the upstairs bedroom had burned out and needed to be replaced, and a light switch in the downstairs bedroom was shorted out and needed to be replaced. The vendor also advised he checked for circuit overloads or power failures to ensure there was not a deeper issue which came back to be no further problems. We gave the vendor authorization to complete the repairs. If the repairs still have not been completed and the vendor needs to go back, the consumer can call the vendor directly to schedule an appointment for repair.

The consumer then placed a claim for the water heater on 9/4/2019 stating there was no hot water coming. The vendor reported the failure was with the thermocouple had failed and needed to be replaced. This claim was covered and authorization was given to the vendor to complete the repair.

After the replacement of the thermocouple, the vendor found that the gas valve failed and needed to be replaced. The vendor spoke with a representative from our Authorizations department who confirmed the failure to the gas valve was caused by the failure of the thermocouple. Per our policy, secondary damages/failures are excluded from coverage. Please see the referenced section of the policy below:

VII. GENERAL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY

X. You agree that we are not liable for the negligence or other conduct of the Service Contractor, nor are we an insurer of Service Contractor’s performance. You also agree that we are not liable for consequential, incidental, indirect, secondary, or punitive damages. You expressly waive the right to all such damages.

In an effort to provide good customer service, we offered $70.00 to the consumer to help with the cost of the non-covered failure of the gas valve which was accepted.

Sincerely,
Cherish Payne
Toll Free: (800) 545-0402

www.totalhomeprotection.com

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I called total home about my fridge not working and they sent someone out to check. MARQUEL tech said it was a switch and total home will replace it. Total home called next day and said they will not replace it because tech said it had a leak I have email from tech and from sears stating fridge non repairable not that it has a leak I spoke with Tommy mgr from total home SEVERAL SEVERAL TIMES and he said they will not replace it and this case will be closed. All I can do is get second opinion on my own and get diagnosed of fridge and submit it to them and they will go from there. I NEED MY REFRIGERATOR REPLACED SOON. Tech says its a switch not a leak.

Total Home Protection Company Information