2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.08/5

Total Home Protection offers two home warranty plans for customers to choose from. Coverage is available for major systems and appliances regardless of age, make or model. Technicians are prescreened for licensing and insurance to take care of major replacements and repairs.

Total Home Protection Get a Quote

Total Home Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Home Protection?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Home Protection?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

When I went to report my first incident, I called but I never got an answer. So, after a couple of days, I went online and then I got an answer right away. The overall claim experience was very good. The guy was in and out of here in minutes. He knew his business, he fixed it and it wasn't a big job. The tech was nice and friendly too.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

If I could give a zero I would. Customer service is awful, things break and it takes 4 days to hear from anybody. They find ways to not cover anything. I had a hot water heater break, that would not produce hot water and somehow it was not covered. Claims person told me once “it is luck of the draw” if you get something covered or not. Do not, under any circumstance sign a contract with them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

The application process with Total Home Protection was easy. We did it on the phone. I'm satisfied with the price that I have and with the discounts that the rep gave me.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I had a policy with Total Home Protection years and years ago. I moved into a new patio home and they wouldn't let me transfer my contract over. It was gonna be a lot higher than what I was paying. I discontinued it and when they were running a special, I called and got it back up. I had to file a claim on my washer last week and the process was simple. One thing that they told me was they were going to email me and give me the number of who'd be coming out here and I could call them. I told the rep I don't get my emails. I asked if they could text me and he said he couldn't promise me that they could text me. If there's a way they could communicate with people besides email, that would be great.

The guy that was coming out called and set up a time for him to come. The part was out of stock so the tech is waiting for it to come in. But Total Home Protection responded pretty fast. They also gave me a paper that said if I get somebody to service with them, I get a free monthly percentage. I gave it to my sister-in-law and my daughter is going to be probably calling them and get with them too.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I am glad we went with this protection for our home. The price was reasonable. I would and will send others to talk about their home. I like the part Total fixing or replacing items covered and the price of making a work order for repair.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I've always had a home warranty. I was looking to see what else was available out there. Total Home responded the quickest. Their application process was simple. The options that I was offered were good too. The signing up experience was good. However, I have had the opportunity to use the plan, and it's not all that it’s cracked up to be.

My heat went out. I called and I submitted a claim. Didn't expect to hear anything over the weekend. So Monday came, nothing. Tuesday came, I spoke to somebody. The lady's name was Cher. She said, “We can get somebody out there Thursday or Friday to look at it.” I said, “Do you understand that it's wintertime here? It's cold. My house is 40 something degrees.” She said, “We’re not an emergency service. Now, you can get your own contractor and we will reimburse you.” I said, “Okay.” I called a company out there. They came out. They gave me a price to repair it. It was $339. The part was $200. But all of a sudden, Total Home only wanted to reimburse me $165 of the 339. It's about three weeks now and I'm still waiting on my money.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I called Total Home Protection for the thermostat that wouldn't shut off and they sent some guy out. He said I needed a new thermostat. I paid him the deductible but he never came back. I called the company back and they were gonna send somebody else out. The guy that was coming out wouldn’t come out. He wanted another deductible which I already paid to the first guy.

The problem was Total Home Protection couldn’t find anybody to come out. They told me to get somebody on my own and have them call when they got there. I got Horizon Services and when their guy came out, he said it was the thermostat and it would cost $391 to fix. Total Home Protection said to go ahead and do it. After he did it, they decided to only pay me $175 but I didn’t get anything yet. They told me to wait five to six weeks and it's been about two months. I've contacted them and left messages but they have not called me back. I'm not too happy with them at this point. It was almost like a bait and switch. I wouldn’t recommend them to anybody but I’m kinda stuck with it because of my mortgage.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

The gentleman, Eli ** was very helpful to sign on to Total Home Protection. The price was very reasonable per month. I will tell my friends about the promotion and hopefully they will respond to the offer. It is a good deal to protect your valuables..

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Setting up the policy with Total Home Protection was easy. I talked to a rep and he explained to me all of the stuff on it. Our central heat went out last month so I submitted a claim. It took two weeks to get someone here. One girl at customer service had an attitude. She said, "I'll send you an email or I'll call you and let you know." But she didn't and that was what pissed me off. I called and said, "I want to speak to a manager." So he called. I said, "I was in customer service. I dealt with customers all the time. If I could not find someone to help them, I at least had the courtesy to call them and explain to them I'm still looking." Finally, he got someone out here right away. Thank God, we got it fixed because we've had below zero in the last few days. It had something to do with a sensor on the front of it.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

My dishwasher went out so I had somebody to check it. The tech was fine and he put it back online. However, I probably will have to have it reset because the water flow is tilted. It’s probably a construction issue.

Total Home Protection Company Information