2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
ServicePlus Home Warranty

3.3/5 (434 ratings)
ServicePlus (Formerly Total Home Protection)

About ServicePlus (Formerly Total Home Protection)

ServicePlus Home Warranty offers two home warranty plans for customers to choose from. Coverage is available for major systems and appliances regardless of age, make or model. Technicians are prescreened for licensing and insurance to take care of major replacements and repairs.

Pros

• Free online quote
  • Add-on coverage options
  • Large network of technicians

Cons

• Not available in all states
  • Some complaints about support

Bottom Line

ServicePlus Home Warranty offers competitive home warranty services. Between its two plans and add-ons, THP can provide coverage for most major systems and household appliances. However, availability and costs vary by location.

ServicePlus Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServicePlus Home Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServicePlus Home Warranty?

Original review: June 18, 2021

Absolutely NO customer service or return phone call after being on hold for over one hour. Called representative direct only to be put back in the "holding" queue for another thirty minutes with still no reply. Misrepresented coverage on major item to be repaired after service tech sent in rightful paperwork.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Called on May 24, 2021....and to this day, there has not been any call from a repair company thus far to come look at our unit. I have called and called...been placed on hold for hours...left a call back number and when I received a call back, it was again on hold with endless waiting for nothing.

Original review: June 12, 2021

My electric stove top flipped circuit breaker in fuse box. Total Home sent action appliance and they said stove switch was cause. Total home would not pay for repair because it was not normal wear. Called GE service tech and he found out the cooking unit on unit was bad and had nothing to do with switch. All the cooking services was working except the front surface and the unit need replacing. Total home protection did all they could to not fix unit . They have poor customer service and will not return calls. I have spoken to several people and they do not call back. Very poor communication. Total home said if I would get another diagnosis they would consider it, they will do anything not to pay a claim and I will never use. This claim was put in on 4/26/2021 and still with conflict resolution department and no end in sight.

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for contacting us with the above referenced complaint. We treat each complaint with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties.

Customer reported a power surge which is not covered. We offered goodwill and customer accepted.

All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company.

We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I purchased a 3 year home warranty plan thru Total Home Protection with the hopes of never having to use it but there just in case. My fridge started to ice up and I called and had a tech diagnose it and he said it was something he was used to seeing and just needed to order 2 parts thru THP to repair. 2 weeks later THP called and said that based on the diagnosis they deemed it better to replace the appliance and said they would send a check in place of the appliance. They said the replacement cost of my fridge (a full size fridge) was $350. That won't even cover 1/2 the replacement cost of the Fridge & the policy states it would at least be similar features, size & efficiency.

We had a home warranty on another home and had to use it for the furnace and Hot water heater and that process was seamless and no hassle. I expected the same service from THP and that is not the case. Right now with the service I have received I will NOT be renewing this policy or ever referring them to a client going forward. I could have saved what I spent on the policy and replaced my Fridge with the exact same model!

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Thank you for selecting Service Plus Home Warranty (formerly Total Home Protection) for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Service Plus Home Warranty strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I've called this company 5 time regarding a claim that I have and no one picks up for the phone. I've been on hold for 25 minutes. This company is a joke. What a waste of money. I have 2 claims with them and one they closed after I sent in all the paperwork with no communication back from them. The other they referred me to a vendor who is over an hour away.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: June 1, 2021

I called THPW yesterday and something is weird...Asking for policy# and zip code. Didn’t ask for phone number.. Customer Service didn’t call back or answer for phone and asking how may I help you. I have problem with PVC pipe in bathroom sink... is it scam?

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: May 28, 2021

On Monday May24, 2021, I contacted company to file a claim for my air conditioner. I was told I would be receiving an email in order to set up an appointment with a technician. On Thursday, May 27th after holding on the phone for over three and half hours, finally got someone who stated that they were having trouble getting a technician in my area. I am without any aircondition and the temperature has been in the 90's. Please help, me.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: May 21, 2021

We filed a claim for a stove in the beginning of April. This was during Covid, so we were patient, but had not heard back in two weeks. Finally a tech came out. He explained that we needed a part and that he would order that part and return to install when it came in. After a month, we called Apex Appliance Service to check on part. They told us that Total Home Protection refused to place the order. We called THP and discovered that they had refused to fix our stove as it was probably going to need more work.

After a lengthy chat about how disappointed we were with their communication, we agreed upon an amount they would pay us toward a new stove. We were told it would take 6 weeks to process said check. 8 weeks and many phone calls later, a "manager" has told us she would process the check next week. All in all, our experience with this company has been very frustrating. We highly DO NOT recommend wasting your money on their Home Protection Plan.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Original review: May 20, 2021

On Thursday May 20, I called Total Home Protection to place a service request. I was informed that I was next to served, after waiting over 25 minutes to place a service call. I finally was able to speak with a representative, who verify my address, name and item issue. Upon identifying the name of appliance issue, the phone call abruptly ended. Based on this experience, I will be canceling this service agreement for a refund of $427.00.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Total Home Protection is exactly what I was looking for. Agent was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. He explained everything to me and answered all of my questions. A pleasure to talk to. I will definingly recommend Total Home Protection to all of my friends.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Derek ** has helped me secure a warranty on 2 properties now. A rental and my Residence. He has been great to work with, works hard to make the policy and price fit. He is the reason that I chose THP when I cancelled my policy with First American Home Warranty. Derek also helped me with my first claim on my rental. He was very responsive when I had trouble making an appointment with the first technician they assigned. Got it changed to a new technician and really worked to make things right. I will recommend him and THP to others.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have contacted Total Home a minimum of 10 times since December. Each time they assured me my issue would be taken care of. It Is 6 months later, issue still not solved. Tom ** has transferred me, and the only one who answers his phone. Very disappointed with the company!

Original review: May 5, 2021

THP warranty is a rip off. They said my range was not reparable and was paying me $250.00 dollars for it. They advised 6 to 8 weeks to get the check. After 8 weeks and numerous calls they advised the check was in the mail and gave me the mailed check number. After 3 weeks of waiting and never receiving it, I called back and was advised they were behind in the mailing. I immediately dropped them and was told since I cancelled I was not entitled to get paid for my range. A bunch of liars and thieves in my opinion. I would give them a MINUS in stars if that was an option.

Original review: May 5, 2021

My original contact was very pushy after his presentation. Wanted to show my wife the plan and said I would like it in an email and would have an answer by noon. I was able to call back and spoke with Eddie. He was very polite and answered all of my question. I had Choice previously and they weren’t any help with claims and customer service very scripted with no results!!

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: May 2, 2021

Total Home was recommended to me by a friend and signing up was great. I understood everything the reps were talking about. They explained the policy to me very well. I'm satisfied.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: April 30, 2021

I unfortunately lost hot water on a Sunday and called about it getting fixed. They said they couldn't send someone out for a day or two. On Monday the contractor called about coming out. He did come later that day and recommended replacing the water heater. I decided to upgrade my water heater at this time to a more energy efficient system. I only asked for coverage of $750 on a $1350 system because that's the cost of replacing my old system with a new one of the same size and quality. They refused to pay because my service was within the first 30 days of activation, however I paid for service on 1/31/2021 and with their 30 day hold that puts coverage at 03/03/2021. They said that they scrutinize any major claims for an additional 30 days after the first 30 days and that's why it was denied. So they take your money and don't cover items with major issues for the first 2 months.

I called to dispute this and they said the claim says that the system malfunctioned on the circuit board and there was rust on the drain pan. My system was in mint condition on the outside and sat 2 feet off the ground on a stand with a drain line that ran to the floor 2 feet below the bottom of the system. The only way rust could have formed was through the air or a leak in the system. The Resolution manager Tommy (refused even last initial) I.D. ** in the state of NJ said there was no leak reported. At this point the line disconnected and I received no callback.

I called back to further discuss this and Tommy claimed he was the highest authority I could talk to. He advised me to wait out the dispute claim to see the final resolution before I canceled my account which at the time would have been $245. Tommy did inform me regardless of what was requested the max they would pay for any system is $500. So they don't even fully cover replacing items in your house anyway.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Anything within the 1st 30 days is considered pre-existing. The warranty covers failures but not if they are pre-existing.

Original review: April 29, 2021

It took over a week for them to process the claim after a repairman deemed the unit unfixable. Then they offered a replacement of $250 for a washing machine that cost $800. They claimed that under their policy they have the right to replace the product at their wholesale price. Not really sure where anyone can purchase a front loader washing machine anywhere close to that price. Can't even find a cheap one for less than $700 nowadays.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I like that Total Home Protection doesn't charge nearly as much as American Home Shield, and that they put good people on the job that's needed and the results have been very fair and very well-handled by the people that'd come out.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: April 27, 2021

The reps from Total Home were very nice. I told them what was going on and that I was very unhappy with my current warranty company. Total Home said not to worry about it and that if their contractor didn't come through, they would step up and fix the stuff for me. I'm giving my current warranty company a chance to fix my HVAC system. But afterward, I'm gonna stay with Total Home Protection.

Original review: April 26, 2021

All is well. All the information was explain very well and the price was great and we have home protection we need for our home and we thank you for your time. Please send me the information book or flier please. At the address above.

Original review: April 26, 2021

My signup experience was good. I got everything I needed.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: April 25, 2021

Their customer service seemed to be fine. They went over each of the plans available and what was included in them and how much it was.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: April 24, 2021

Their rep was nice and the process was fine. The plan met what I needed.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: April 23, 2021

The rep of Total Home Protection was really polite and informative. He helped me find the right plan. Then on top of that, he let me know that it could go with me if I moved. There were a lot of things that were explained that I was like, “Okay, that works for me.”

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: April 22, 2021

The signup process of Total Home Protection was good. We went through some of the things that were covered. When the rep said, “We can offer you a special deal. 270 today and then three other payments of 270, and then you’re done, 3.5 years,” I said, “That works for me.”

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: April 21, 2021

I liked the price for what they covered. When I signed up, they email to let you know but I was kind of hoping they would send out something, like a little booklet to tell you who to call when you have a problem. But I can still find it online.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: April 20, 2021

They called me and they offered me a deal. It was a fairly reasonable deal and I took it. They were helpful and pretty nice.

Original review: April 19, 2021

Unfortunately since my first claim the service and follow up was terrible, the first plumber who they send was not very professional, I requested a new contractor and the person who answered me told me He would not do that and I need it to deal with the original plumber. A Manager finally send me a new person, the second item I called for was my Sump Pump, with they say they cover when I signed up, they gave me all weird reasons why it was not cover and finally agree on sending a check for half of the amount of the cost, that was on September 2020.

It is now April and I have been calling every two weeks to follow up on the check and every time it is a excuse (system upgrade, check did not go on the batch, it should have go sorry not sure what happened). Talked to 4 managers already, the last one today say she was resending the request "again" and she was not sure how long it would take to receive the check. I am a Homeowner for more than 20 years and never had this much disappointment on a Home Warranty.

Original review: April 19, 2021

The rep told me that the policy covered everything in my house. Then at one point in time, he was telling me that it would be a certain amount and I told him I couldn't afford that amount. But he was able to get it down to $32 a month and that really fits my budget a whole lot better. He went through everything. He immediately sent me my contract to my email, and it was really good. He was really courteous and nice. He tried to do the best he can to make the customer happy and make the customer able to receive what they needed to receive in order to get the coverage that they needed.

ServicePlus Home Warranty response

Original review: April 18, 2021

The guy that I worked with was real nice. He gave me several different options and let me decide which one I want to go with. He explained everything to me and sent me an email. It had in it exactly what he told me was gonna be in it. Then I checked up the reviews on my own and they had some good reviews. So I'm pretty well-satisfied.

ServicePlus Home Warranty Company Information