Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

492 Thumbtack Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 4, 2019

When I contacted the owner of Dreams2Reality Events & More LLC and had my first discussion about my wedding I was put at ease by her ideas that she brought forward. After a few discussion, all I had to do was to make my payment to her and the rest one would say is history. She took care of everything - the cake, the venue (church and reception room), the photographer, the programme, my dress, souvenir - everything. When I went to get look at possible wedding dresses, she had pick out one for me. It fitted perfectly without her taking my measurement and the design was beautiful. I had a stress-free wedding with very little input and changes from me. I would recommend this company/the wedding planner to anyone who have not formulated exactly what they want for their wedding and who wishes to have a stress-free wedding. Vashti

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I contracted with Jack Sims of Sims Wood Works to build me a table for my foyer. He contacted me promptly, gave me a design and price quickly. He built my table and has delivered it. I love it. It is just what I wanted. He did a great job. Would definitely use him again.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I took private hip-hop lesson with Darren since April 2018 until October 2018, I wanted to learn hip-hop so I could perform at my 60th birthday party, at first I was scared, but he helped me feel relaxed and comfortable to start from the beginning hip hop moves. As time went on, I got more confident and could learn new steps more easily and not get tired as I did when I first started, in the end of my classes. I was able to accomplish what I wanted and performed at my 60th birthday party, and everyone loved what we had choreographed together, I highly recommend him for anyone who wants to learn hip-hop.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Joe at All Solar was very honest and helpful. I spoke to three other vendors but without meeting anyone face to face. I felt All Solar cared and felt it was about his pride in his service and not just about getting a job. I am a small business owner and was extremely happy and satisfied with the excellent service I received. I will recommend him in a heartbeat and plan on using him to install a system on my other home. Thank you Joe for your honesty and hard work, you not only represented Thumbtack well but yourself also.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Andres and his father are wonderful communicators. Their care and quality of work is high. Their workers are efficient and clean up was excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending their service. Quote came in the morning and the work was completed that same afternoon. Can't beat that!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thumbtack?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Thumbtack doesn't care about the small business owner. All it cares about is making money by any means necessary. It's just like HomeAdvisor or Angie's List. As a small business owner, you get charged a fee regardless if you get the job or not. Fees range from $30+ just for communicating with a client. Doesn't matter if you are hired, every contractor that comes into contact with a client gets charged a fee. THAT'S STEALING!!! If I get the job, then fine, charge me. But to charge me $30 to speak with a client and then not get the job because the services requested aren't provided by my business, is STEALING!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I had over 50 5 star reviews. I wrote them to say that a man who had never worked with me posted nasty comments and gave me a 1 star review, dropping my overall rating. I asked customer support if they would please remove his participation from my profile. I referred them to the exchanges between this man and me to verify what I told them, information that they accessed. They then refused my request to delete this man's lies, I argued, they threw me off their site. Good riddance.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

This is the worst Pro Services I’ve ever dealt with. They price accordingly to the amount of your bid. They don’t give any customers info that you paid for like address to do the job or a phone number to call the customers. How are you supposed to win a job that way. Beware Pro Consumers, I would really look into this business before putting yours on their site.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I was with Thumbtack for 6 months. I’ve paid them over $15,000 in leads! They are a scam! They overcharged for leads. Refused to refund for leads. There was no way I could help the person because of location or services I offered!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

This company may be good for customers, but if you're using this company as a pro, as in you're offering a service, it's absolutely nonsense. You will spend $90 to make $100. EVERY single time you receive a message from a potential client, your debit card is immediately charged, and the potential client can choose someone else. You're still out that $10-$20 PER message. Most clients send messages to several pros to know their options, so there a LOT of money being generated for Thumbtack at the pros expense by the client's actions.

Now here is the worst: When I paused the promotion service, the ($10-$20 fee per message nonsense) all of a sudden, when I would look up myself from my sister's phone, my profile read: "THIS PRO MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST MATCH FOR YOUR PROJECT." Thumbtack literally put this on my profile because I stopped paying their ridiculous fees. To whomever is considering using Thumbtack, think it through, as a pro, you will be treated like a king or queen until you stop paying, all the while being squeezed for your money, and as a customer, you will enjoy using it, but for every time you message a pro, you are making that pro pay a fee to Thumbtack, and they're not cheap, it adds up quick. It's a really stupid system.

Thumbtack expert review by Joseph Truini

Thumbtack is a website that connects homeowners with service providers in their local area. This online company offers more than 200,000 active professionals available in all 50 U.S. states.

• Customized quotes: Homeowners can provide specific information about services they need and receive customized quotes from a range of professionals.

• Customer reviews: The site compiles customer reviews so you know you’re hiring someone who’s experienced, trusted and reputable.

• Fast hiring: Customers can hire a bath-remodeling professional with the click of a button once they have received quotes. Simply type into the search box what you need—bath remodel, bath tiling, bath vent fan installation, etc.—then follow a few simple prompts to receive a list of local contractors.

• Photos and videos: Service providers offer videos and photographs of their past projects so customers can see the workmanship firsthand.

• Messaging options: Thumbtack offers customers and professionals several communication options, including online messaging and direct phone communication to arrange the details of a project.

• Best for: Thumbtack is best for people who need help finding professionals for an affordable bath-remodeling project.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Thumbtack Company Information