Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sunbeam Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

Behind every successful business are the "unsung heroes" coordinating customer services. Cheryl and Michelle are proven "heroes." In this day and age, I find it

extraordinary to experience service representatives such as Cheryl and Michelle. Both are courteous, concerned, and willing to go the 'extra mile' to help their customers. Their kindness and patience are to be commended.

Original review: July 11, 2019

It's been a good microwave. Smaller unit. It definitely has served its purpose. Never have had any problems with it. It's over 10 years old. I would definitely recommend Sunbeam microwave. If I were to replace it, it would be to just update the microwave. But that won't happen unless something goes wrong with it.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2019

For years I have owned and used electric kettles by Proctor Silex. They worked well, in the main, and I liked them, but they did not seem to last more than two or three years each. One did not even last the full year and I got an over the counter replacement. They only allow remaining time on the original warranty for the replacement so, when that kettle failed outside the warranty period I looked elsewhere. I bought a Sunbeam kettle.

The kettle is better in so many ways I even thought of writing to the company to compliment them. The cordless seating contact base is circular so accepts the kettle from any direction, and it is very easy to seat and remove the kettle. There is a bright blue INTERIOR light which shines through the clear window when operating. It is so much better than a little red light on the handle which is not always visible. The on/off switch in the handle is smooth and positive. It just feels to be such better quality switch than I am used to. There is no visible heating element inside the kettle. The heat comes from under the smooth metal base. As a result I get very little scale, far less than I am used to, and it is quick and easy to remove every so often. I cannot recommend the Sunbeam kettle any higher. It cost just a couple of dollars more than my previous Proctor Silex but is worth ten times the difference.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Today was my second time contacting Sunbeam about a product that ceased to work properly, within the warranty timeframe. Once again, Sunbeam honoured the warranty and is shipping me a replacement. I see there are many dissatisfied comments here about Sunbeam but I have not experienced anything negative. Thank you Sunbeam!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I have seen some pretty bad reviews for Sunbeam products, but I have never had any issues. My 88 year old great grandmother used this heated throw blanket all day every day for a few months before she passed away and now the blanket is mine. It never overheated for her and it hasn't for me. Low heat delivers a pleasant subtle warmth, medium is a very calming snugly heat, and high is great for winter or in cold rooms which helps save on heating costs. I love the 3 hour automatic shutoff because it gives me peace of mind in case I accidentally fall asleep with it on. I believe it was purchased in store unlike a lot of the bad reviews I have seen. As with any appliance, I recommend not buying from places like eBay because that just isn't bright. Anyways, I love this product as well as my Sunbeam heating pad and hand heating pad. As far as I am concerned, 5 stars all the way!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Have a micro plush heated throw. After only a year, half of the blanket heats. Contacted Sunbeam regarding warranty and was told in email that they only have a brown one in stock to replace it with. I replied that it was fine but would like something because mine does not work. Happy to send back the broken one. 2 weeks later, still no response. Sent 4 messages, a FB message and called the 1-800 number. The booklet and box that the blanket came in, notes a 5 year warranty. The first email I received requested photos.

The reply email asked for more photos and pictures of the box. Never does it say to keep the box for warrant (but I did have it.) Then I got no further correspondence. I replied, again and again, with no further reply. After more than 2 weeks, I received a reply and now it says it is not going to be replaced because they claim they don't have any more. Too bad for me. "Try contacting us in the future and we can check our stock." So much for warranty.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I bought a sunbeam gas hop and after a year and 3 months the burner melted. I filed a complaint 8 months ago and still no reply. I have to struggle to make food because I can't use it. Will never buy it again. So I have to replace the hop with a new one.

Original review: July 21, 2019

This toaster is the worst piece of equipment I have ever owned, this company clearly doesn't know how to make products. Their "bagel" feature is a JOKE. Put this piece of junk on a 1 and it will STILL burn the living hell out of your bagel, what's the point of releasing a product with useless features? Give up on making products you awful company.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Purchased twin/full electric blanket P.N.157903-000-000 Oct 2014 for $49.88 + tax. Was a brutal winter but I was toasty in bed. Admittedly, I did not launder blanket before storing in protective bag. It smelled great thanks to dryer sheets in the bag so I didn't wash it again. Winter #2 also brutal and sometimes blanket warmed me, sometimes not. Did not wash fearing machines could harm. Last 3-5 winters have used as extra blanket because it just doesn't work. Wish I'd had the money to purchase another brand but did not. Expected blanket to get me through many winters like these things used to do. Pets inherit #6 winter 2019.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Inexpensive - and does the job! I got it at Target - about 700 watts. Some of the buttons have to be prompted to respond sometimes, however. Turntable sometimes operates in reverse. As I recall, I paid about $39.99 plus tax for it.

Sunbeam Company Information