Sunbeam

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Out of the box - will not work. Call the company and after 10 minutes with a stupid computer - "We have a heavy volume of calls. Call back later."

Purchased two Queen size "Rest & Relieve" mattress pads 11/2014, total $ 239.66. One was a gift for my daughter and one was for me. Used for two winter seasons. We removed from the bed, laundered, and stored during the warm months. When I took mine off the bed last week and washed gently as instructed and then lined dried we noticed that the underside of the pad was completely torn (image attached). It happened to my daughter's first (which was a gift from me). At the time I thought was an isolated case but then I washed mine and the same thing happened.

I called Sunbeam to make them aware that there was a problem and although there is a 3-year warranty on the product (and I bought these 16 months ago) the best that they would offer would be to have me return the mattress pad to their warehouse for inspection. They were very reluctant to offer that. When I complained that I didn't feel I should have to pay postage to have them look at what was clearly defective merchandise they offered me a pre-paid postage label but they made it clear that they typically don't do that. They also informed me that if my daughter would like to resolve the same issues that I just spent 10 minutes on the phone discussing with them she would have to call separately.

They would not extend that same offer for both mattress pads even though they were bought at the same time by me and had the exact same problem. I thanked them but, no thanks, it was a gift and I feel responsible for giving my daughter something that clearly was not made well and now they want her to take time out of her work day to go through the same nonsense that I did. I expected Sunbeam to stand behind their products especially since there is a 3 year warranty on this product and it was not inexpensive.

I wrongly assumed that the Quality Control department at Sunbeam would want to see the problem, especially since it happened to two different mattress pads at the same time - that to me shows there's a real Quality Control issue. I will take them back to Bed, Bath & Beyond because unlike Sunbeam they do stand behind everything they sell. Not surprisingly - Bed, Bath & Beyond no longer carries this product.

While using the iron, in the motion of stroking the pants I was ironing, the iron put out a spark and then a full out flame. I quickly pulled the plug from the wall socket and blew the flame out. I have a silver, flame retardant iron cover, so it or the pants did not catch fire. Very scary - this product should be recalled - the whole house could have burned down if I did not act so quickly.

I just had a very bad experience with Sunbeam products. I purchased a Mixmaster in 2015 & after using it about 6 or 7 times the beater started falling out. I emailed Sunbeam about the problem. They responded by asking me for specific info (product #, etc). I gave them all of the info they requested & was then told that because this mixer was manufactured in 2008 the warranty was no longer acceptable. I then took it to a service location in AZ & was told that it cannot be repaired. They said Sunbeam usually just swaps it out for a new one because they are aware that it can't be repaired, since their products are now made in China.

Please people, be very wary about buying any Sunbeam products. They're no longer well made & they don't stand behind their products.

I purchased a Sunbeam throw just over a year ago as a Christmas present. It worked great for a while, but now it doesn't work at all. When it first started malfunctioning, it would work for some time, (maybe 10 minutes) then the control dial would start flashing red. I've done everything the instructions say to do in order to "fix" the problem, and I also tried to find solutions online. Nothing helped. Now when the throw gets turned on, the control dial immediately flashes red and the throw doesn't heat up at all. Very unimpressed and dissatisfied with this product, considering how expensive heated blankets and throws can be!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

I also thought Sunbeam was a brand to trust. It's not. I purchased a heated throw. Loved the blanket and it worked fine for one winter season and then the control light stayed blinking and it wouldn't work anymore. I bought another one and the exact same thing happened, again after only a few months of daily use. Obviously there is something wrong with the way it's being made. Planned obsolescence perhaps?

Wow! I can surely add to list of joy! I bought the heating pad 3 or 4 months ago and I was really enjoying it. And then just now I plugged it in and my room started to smell. It was the super hot cord that I quickly pulled out of the wall. Shame on you Sunbeam! I should have done my research on this company. Thankful that I did not get burned, but I see that others have.

My wife and I purchased two Sunbeam blankets (queen size models) during the past four years. Each worked well, as expected, for about a year. Each now gives very little heat, and only a tiny bit at the module connection points. Our disappointment with Sunbeam is immense. A lot of money spent for brief satisfaction. We will not spend more money to request any distant warranty service; nor will we spend more money on Sunbeam blankets. Truly a chill-inducing experience!

I was so impressed with this iron when I first purchased it. Perfect amount of steam and extra steam when you used the Steam Button, however after only a few times using it the steam button malfunctioned and is STUCK! I am so sick of purchasing crap from name brand companies. Everything is disposable these days and companies continue to produce products they refuse to stand by (how can you stand by garbage?) They refuse refunds by not answering emails. Do NOT buy this iron. You will not be happy.

I have been using a twin size e.b. since early October '15. Recently the light would start to flash on the control and you couldn't do anything other than unplug it and then plug it back in. It would be OK for a short time and then do the same thing. When it kept flashing, the heat went way down to barely any at all. I had forgotten having trouble with another Sunbeam blanket a couple of years ago. The blanket itself was so nice, but the controls didn't last. Sunbeam replaced two but both went out and so did the blanket. Now I have two, one has been used for only a couple of nights and so far is working OK. Wonder how long that will last. I haven't called Sunbeam yet to see if they will replace the control. If not, I will never purchase another Sunbeam product. Thought they had a good reputation for quality products. Guess I was wrong.

Junk, purchased a twin size heated blanket from Walmart... $40, it died 35 days later. Why would I save the receipt so I called Sunbeam. They troubleshoot, asked for codes on the plug (this is when you know they know of lot #'s being faulty) and requested I send it in for repair... WTF, it would cost me $10-15 to send it and be without a blanket for 3-4 weeks. I told them shove it. POOR PRODUCT. I will never own another Sunbeam product in my life.

I purchased a heating wearable scarf for my homeless brother. It did not work. I first tried it with the batteries they provide and kept it on for about 30-40 minutes. Then I decided it might be the batteries. I changed them and again turned switch to ON for about 1 hour and nothing. I regretted this purchase and the heated mattress purchase. I called Sunbeam today to ask if they could cover the $6.00 return shipping for this $13.99 item and at first the CSR agreed to cover it and kept me on hold while she was processing to email me a label. Then she returned on phone to say that in fact they would not cover it. I got upset. Also I reviewed the items on Sunbeam's website and they removed the review on the scarf!!! They clearly removed it on purpose. I hope that the heated wrap I bought for my mother continues to work as I tested it and so far it works. I never want to order from them as their return policy is terrible as is their customer service and obvious the quality of the products is terrible.

The mattress pad we purchased November 2015 makes a lot of buzzing sounds and we paid over $149 for and they want us to cover the shipping for a return for a new product. This after numerous phone calls and emails to their customer service reps. The pad gets hotter than we can handle at level 3 and then it makes sounds like a buzzing sort of sound and cannot use this for fear of it being a fire hazard. We showed it to our firemen friends and they said - "do not use it - return it".

I bought a Sunbeam microwave with a round clock on the front. When you unpacked it it had a sheet, a plastic under the clock rather than over it that was very difficult to remove. I had pieces of plastic hanging out from around the clock. I called Sunbeam to ask if the face of the clock popped off to which they urged me not to take apart the microwave and to use tools. I actually had tried to use tweezers but started scratching the metal surface. A lot of trouble for a piece of plastic. Microwave will go back to the store.

This mattress pad only worked for one year. The second season very few areas of the pad heat up. Store will not take it back and Sunbeam doesn't even answer their phone or reply to emails. So much for a five year warranty! This company is selling a poor product and why isn't the government stepping in to make them honor their warranty? Will never buy another Sunbeam product. Do not purchase this, it's expensive and will only last a year!

I bought this warming throw from Walmart for my mother last year. She passed away last July and I started using it a couple weeks ago. I noticed something that looked like someone had spilled something on it. On closer inspection, it became apparent the "spill" was in fact melted material. I then noticed that there were several areas where smaller holes had been created by the heat of the blanket. What the hell Sunbeam. This is what happens when reputable American corporations take their manufacturing to China.

KING SIZE heating blanket - This is the 3rd time I have purchased this product. Every year around the same time I get one because when winter starts I take the blanket from storage try to use it and it never heats. So every year I have to purchase a new one. Will never again!

Fleece heating blanket twin size - This is the 4th time I bought one of these blankets. Not buying anymore, they only last a few months. I thought I was doing something wrong but I bought my mom and daughter one as a gift for Christmas. The same thing, I wouldn't buy it unless you just need it temporary.

This is the 4th or 5th Sunbeam Jug Kettle with built-in obsolescence. No more electric kettles of any make. It would help if they included an extra base so when one breaks you have the other. Total piece of crap.

Sunbeam Electric Blanket - Bought the blanket at Kohl’s for $100. Loved it the first year. Second year it just wasn't heating properly. Tried different things recommended in instruction pamphlet to no avail. Finally requested an address to send back since it was under warranty. Returned in February 2015. Did EVERYTHING they told me to... Have not received refund yet despite calling numerous times. It's always 10 - 12 weeks wait, we didn't receive notice the blanket had arrived, etc. Each time I call they add more time to how long I need to wait for my money. It is maddening to deal with the employees and Sunbeam. It is time for a class action to stop them from treating consumers this way... All the while they keep our money despite warranty.

Sunbeam "professional" iron, being used for perhaps the 20th time, shut itself off and will not reheat. I have transported to other outlets to test, with no success. In phoning Sunbeam "customer service" I was told the product is "out of warranty" thus no assistance was available. A rarely-used 18-month-old Sunbeam product that should last 25 years has convinced me never again to purchase anything Sunbeam.

I bought the Sunbeam Heating Pad, using it for my hip replacement surgery. However, the plastic part burned me. Not very happy about it at all!! I have 2 burns from the tip of the plastic where the cover should cover but falls out.

Was gifted a Sunbeam microwave last December. Didn't set it up until we moved into our new apartment in February. I heated coconut oil in a microwave safe dish, MICROWAVE SAFE. After 7 seconds the microwave started sparking and making awful static noises. Caught fire. We were not misusing this microwave and had not put anything dangerous into it. Beware Sunbeam and their awful, dangerous products.

A dangerous product that caused first degree burns to my left hand and arm and severe water damage to my parquet wood floors due to some sort of leak. The plastic bin that the water sits in gets dangerously hot to the point that it almost feels like it could melt. When unplugged, sparks flew out of the plug. The product is cheap, dangerous in many ways and certainly a fire hazard. The water in the tank looked burned and black. When turned on, there was a snapping noise like electricity hitting the water inside the tank. The product either put out little steam or it sputters and boils excessively.

I contacted Sunbeam back in January about this product and told them about the injuries and damages sustained. They asked me to send in the vaporizer for testing, along with photos of the burns, damages and receipts for medical expenses, etc. It is now April 14th, three months later and claim was denied. According to Sunbeam, there was nothing wrong with the unit and no leak.

Meanwhile, the unit leaked boiling hot water all over my floor and on my arm. I sent photos showing burned water inside the tank, photos of my arm and photos showing the damages. They denied my claim, saying their product did not leak! I guess it's easier to deny their product is dangerous and refuse to reimburse customers for any damages. Horrible product and horrible company! According to Amazon.com reviews, there are many people who reviewed this product as dangerous so I am not the only person who has had issues with this particular product.

Purchased a sunbeam heating pad about 10 months ago and it has already burned out. This is the second sunbeam heating pad I have purchased and the first one was no better. I like the style and feel but the quality just doesn't seem to be there. Should last longer.

I purchased an electric blanket around October, 2014. Did not keep receipt because I liked it and planned to keep it. In February 2015 one of the controls failed, so, the blanket only heated on one side. I called Sunbeam about it & was told they did not have a service center in New Brunswick (a very big province) & told me I would have to go to another province to a service center. I explained I would not travel that distance (gas prices alone would be cost of the blanket) & offered to purchase a new control set for the blanket. I was refused and told I could try taking it back to where I purchased or buy a new one. I always thought Sunbeam was a large Corporation that had been around for years. That's the only reason I bought the blanket (a trusted Company - I thought). Never again will I buy any Sunbeam products & will be telling everyone who I know. Guarantee Sunbeam has lost many good customers from this experience!

I bought two Sunbeam electric blankets, one full size and one queen. I bought them at WalMart Oct 2014. My blanket was not heating, it took forever to warm up and then would increase its temperature during my sleep becoming too hot. It had cool spots, mostly the center of the blanket. I returned it to the Walmart store where I bought it last week, Feb. 2015. I have the receipt. Walmart refused to take it back, and suggested I contact Sunbeam.

I have reviewed the complaints made about Sunbeam corporation and wonder why they are still in business, and have not been made to answer complaints and lawsuits. I am not even going to try and return my blanket, or the gift blanket I bought for my family. How could I forgive myself for causing fire or death or even burns, because of negligence on the part of Sunbeam corporation. I will also file a complaint with WalMart and with the BBB. I am not using the blanket at all, no comfort at the price of fear.

Sunbeam Warming Throws - I have purchased 5 in the last 7 years. They last just over a year and quit. I am now down to 1 left that works. The last one was in warranty so I called Sunbeam. After "troubleshooting" it for longer than needed I was told I had not used the throw correctly (I sit with them on my lap). I no longer recommend them as I did in the beginning. I am young and have osteoarthritis and they help with the inflammation and pain. I think I have learned my lesson - NO MORE SUNBEAM.

My blanket would not heat. I read other complaints and knew I was stuck with it. So I did a few things. 1st I made sure all wires were straight.. At the end where plug in is I found the wires had looped and the wires it. The blanket needed to be stretched out 1 at a time. Then I flipped the cord over at bottom of blanket. Then turned off & on at the controller. The blanket is getting warm now. This took a lot of time to do.

I bought a Sun bean toaster Model no. tssbtrs. Well the toast pops out so high that there are times you have to search for where the toast went. When the toast comes flying in the air, the knob that you push down on, comes flying off. This is not worth the money. I bought this at Target, and did not keep the receipt.

Sunbeam Company Profile