2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sunbeam Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

Original review: March 1, 2021

These are fairly expensive blankets and I have bought one every year for 3 years now but no more. I haven’t had one blanket last an entire year. I have contacted support and they have done nothing but tell me to “reset” the unit which does absolutely nothing. I am done with these personally and will find another proxy to replace it. All three of these haven’t lasted more than a year.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

It is a good little microwave but it has little power. It takes longer to cook stuff and would be better. It fits on counter good. I guess it is not possible to have both. Sunbeam is a good company so far and I would buy one again.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I've had this microwave about 6 years, and it's still working fine. However, I have recently noticed that the notification bell rings several times after the door is opened and items are removed, and sounds really loud and sharp, but it heats and cooks fine, I have no plans to replace it at this time.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

As many others have stated, we chose Sunbeam for the name recognition and believed their products to be high quality. Unfortunately, that is not the case, our warming throw is shocking us even when it's unplugged, we are afraid to plug it back in, if it's shocking when it's unplugged. So far I've been unable to reach Sunbeam for help. Aside from difficulties with the warming blanket shocking us, we have purchased multiple Sunbeam heating pads in the past 5 years, none of which has functioned more than 6 months before failing to heat or overheating. I had used Sunbeam products 10-15 years ago that worked well and lasted a long time, no more.

Original review: May 19, 2020

This is a horrible company with very cheap products. Heated throw burned me... cloth cover was barely on. No customer service. DO NOT DEAL WITH, SAVE YOUR MONEY. The cord was so stiff it wouldn't even wind up, to store properly... I've called the company 4 times with no satisfaction, or even a friendly customer service representative.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Purchased a Sunbeam king size Slumber Rest Velvet plush electric blanket with a 5 year warranty from Macy's in January 2019. Intermittent problems with blanket not getting very hot and then not heating at all. On May 1, 2020, I contacted the 1-800 number to file a warranty claim. Was told that warranty was verified and product would be replace if I emailed a list of information along with several photos. I responded on the same day.

On May 12, I called again to check on the status of the claim and was told that my email was received but the attachments were not viewable, perhaps due to size. Same day I sent another email with photos attached again and requested an email reply confirming receipt with viewable photos. Did not receive a response so I called again on May 15, 2020 and was told the email with pictures was received, however, due to Coronavirus, they only could replace with a totally different material in a blue color. I had told the second agent that I would accept any neutral color so blue was not acceptable.

The agent today told me that I would need to call back every 2 weeks to check on availability for replacement that would be acceptable to me. I understand that Coronavirus may slow down production and cause some delays but non response to requests for response to email communications is unacceptable. I'm not certain that I will be able to get a replacement that has the same features, 5 year warranty in a neutral color (doesn't have to be the exact color I have) or how long the delay might be. The agent told me that the factory is in Missouri so I would think production should resume fairly soon as many other businesses are reopening as I write this.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I had a heated throw that was no longer heating, and they sent me a new throw free of charge. Great service! I love their heated blankets and I think I will keep coming back to this company for when I invest in a heated mattress pad.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I loved my Sunbeam blanket for the 10 months it worked. It was a beautiful charcoal gray to match my den. When I contacted them with a receipt to ask them to honor their 5 year warranty, they offered me a BURGUNDY blanket as a replacement. When I asked for a tan, white or gray, they offered me a ZEBRA print and said that was all they had in their warehouse. When I have them a list of colors that I would prefer, they wrote back and said they couldn’t replace my blanket since I had “refused” their offer. I’m sure it’s in the fine print, but what a crappy warranty to send out the crappy blankets they can’t sell to replace expensive throws. Very disappointed in Sunbeam’s customer service.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I bought a twin size Sunbeam blanket electric for cold winters and I bought it at Kohls at the end of the season for this winter. When I put it on my bed it did not work, I contacted sunbeam and showed them the label and they said it was made in 2012 when I bought it last winter 2019. Kohls would not return it without the receipt. I have made numerous calls to sunbeam and emails with no results, they have a 40 minute hold time then hang up when you are next. I have contacted CPSC again as they want to close my case as they have not heard from me but I have sent over 6 emails and they were to call me but never did. Very poor CSR so no blanket fo me. ANd NEVER AGAIN Sunbeam, I will buy from another company. Jarden bought them out and I was told they do not warranty nor talk to their consumers (sunbeam that is).

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Had two of them fail, they replaced one, then they won’t replace the 2nd one because they think I am trying to get a free blanket. I don’t want another, I want my money back and Sunbeam needs to fix why so many of these fail. They bank on the fact that most people just throw them away and just accept that there is no such thing as quality or customer service.

Sunbeam Company Information