Sunbeam

Stars Rating

• 60%
  • 40%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?
    Ease of Use

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2023

I've been using Sunbeam electric blankets for 25+ years with no complaints. This one's a dud. I'm somewhat tech savvy, but it took me three days of repeated attempts to get the downloaded app to work with the phone and blanket. The manual uses the word "device" frequently, but does it mean the phone, the WiFi or the wired controller? Once it is finally coupled, it is just as convenient and easy to use the wired controller as it is by the bed anyway. Other than that, the blanket works fine.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed July 19, 2023

My boyfriend bought this blanket for me for Christmas. I washed and dried it like instructions said, it didn’t last 4 months it stopped working. I tried emailing them about it but never got an answer back. Guess they don’t care about their customers. Just selling high dollar blankets of poor quality. I don’t ever want any more of their products.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 29, 2023

I've had 3 different products made by this company, burn out in a matter of months. 2 heating pads and a large heated blanket. Very inconvenient as I have late-stage cancer and rely on the blanket every night. Will never purchase a Sunbeam product ever again.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2023

Purchased 1 king size heating pad from Amazon for my wife...sometimes when plugged in turns on and most of the time won't turn on...Amazon sent me a replacement and it does the same thing... Contacted Newell brands. They requested me to send it back to get a replacement... Don't even want one if theirs...can't believe they let this on the market...so buyer beware!!!

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2022

I purchased Sunbeam heated mattress pad from Target Jan 2021- Now in Nov 2022 mattress pad fails to function- Sunbeam has 5 year guaranty - I have spent last 2 weeks calling and emailing their 3rd party outsourced vendor who handles claims for Sunbeam- Guess what? Total wasted time- no reply- Target and other retailers should stop carrying Sunbeam brands until Sunbeam remedies their warranty dept failures. Frankly, I bought the item from Target and am annoyed I have to chase down the warranty from the maker- Sunbeam instead of target handling the issue.

Verified purchase
      Customer Service

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2022

Purchased a King size heated mattress pad, issues within the first month. Contacted company June 2022, they asked a few questions, gave me a reference #. Followed all the directions and jumped through all the hoops and here we are end of September 2022 and they are still sending the same form letters. "Your refund will be issued in 4-6 weeks." Have received that email 2-3 times already. Customer service is a joke. There is none. They just have someone who selects a form letter to fit as close to possible the complaint. NEVER AGAIN.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 15, 2022

I have purchased Sunbeam Cafe Barista Machine. Worked OK at first, then milk steamer compartment didn't work. They replaced it. I am now onto my 3rd replacement & they have done something to their manufacturing as this machine is rubbish. Do not even bother, don't waste of money. I have now requested a refund, but told I can only get a replacement. This has been going on for over 8 weeks now & currently waiting on hold for over 30 minutes. First told it was delivered, now it will be another 2 weeks. The customer service has now just hung up, they recite "reply answers" only, they do not have a conversation to address your situation. it is similar to talking to a robot. Do not bother, so disappointing.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2022

I called Sunbeam December 29th 2021 to get a warranty replacement for an electric blanket, I am still messing around by having to call them over and over. They will tell me they are sending a replacement but it never arrives. This latest call to them I inquired as to why they didn't send a tracking number from the previous second time, not mentioning the first time, they said they were sending my replacement. Anyway, this is now the third time I had to contact them, just getting the run around! Girl giggles the whole time and was all confused.

Price

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2022

I purchased this heating pad because it was extra large and had six settings. It cost me almost 50$ so I expected it to be good quality and to at least last me a year or two! Well needless to say it stopped working after 3 months. After calling for a replacement I was told they needed the broken heating pad back before I could get a replacement and they would send me a shipping label I never received! So I have yet to receive a replacement. Will never buy Sunbeam again.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2021

Let me start by saying I will never buy another item from Sunbeam again. Bought the first heated blanket from them and only last a short while. The second heated blanket I splurged and bought for $70 dollars and broke within a year with the sensor blinking F2 continuously. Luckily I registered it and asked for a replacement. The first lady told me that they didn't have any in stock and in 2-3 weeks the warehouse will be shipping me one.

3 weeks passed and I called them back and after waiting on the phone both times for a long time she told me that they had no heated blanket products at all at their warehouse. Hmmmm yeah the likelihood of a huge warehouse not having even one heated blanket seems very unlikely. She gave me no resolution or timeframe in which I would be receiving a replacement and even admitted that this could go on for years with me calling and them not having a replacement. This seems like complete fraud. They are promising a replacement with their 5 year warranty and not keeping their word. I've read many reviews of this happening to people. How are they getting away with this?

Sunbeam Company Information