Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
3.48/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

234 Sunbeam Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 11, 2019

Contacted customer service regarding heated throw that stopped working. Immediately told they would ship a replacement, but that none were immediately available. I have phoned them and emailed them over the course of 4-5 months and one excuse after another. Not received replacement nor confirmation that they will honor their word from the initial call. I will be staying away from their products.

Original review: April 18, 2019

This review is regarding Sunbeam's practices relating to their "warranty". I purchased a Sunbeam (Bionaire) window fan from Amazon. It failed after one season of use. Their warranty states a limited 5 year warranty due to material defects. The unit completely going dead within the period is a material defect. Sunbeam does not answer their customer phone number. I emailed. They do two things that are deceitful: 1) Their initial reply that your warranty is no longer in effect - blatant lie.

Then, they act like they will graciously help you anyway. They state they do not have the product you purchased and offer you an older model without the same functionality that they have in stock (translated they could not sell). The problem is, looking online and in stores the current model that I purchased and failed is available ALL OVER. It is available on Amazon, in Costco, Target, WalMart - everywhere! Judging from other reviews they do this as a repeated business practice. They need to get indicted as this is clearly criminal.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: April 18, 2019

Thank you Sunbeam! After my electric blanket did not work I phoned the helpline and they told me there is a 3 year warranty with full replacement. So I went to the store where I purchased the EB and they replaced it. Thank you. Thank you. I would highly recommend Sunbeam.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I purchased Sunbeam Sleep Perfect Quilted King Electric Blanket 11.07.2018. I removed it over summer and stored it in its original box. I have not washed it. I put it on my bed today 18.04.2019 and there is no power getting to the blanket. I cannot turn it on. Even though I have plug it into different sockets still no good. After paying $248.00 for I thought the best that would last me a few winters at least I am now without the blanket and no doubt have to deal with the crap that goes along with most companies that cannot provide the goods you paid for. HELP. I should have gone to Kmart.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased a heated throw in October 2018. In December 2018 it caught fire putting a burn on my mattress burning my duvet, my duvet cover, my mattress protector. Yes there is now a small burn mark on my mattress. It also damaged two of my storage cubes which I keep by my bed and had I’ve been asleep I could have lost my life, the mess that it made when I had to use the fire extinguisher it was a disaster, I contacted Sunbeam Canada and told them what happened. They sent me a replacement blanket. It was a twin size heated blanket. What I had before was a heated throw. They sent me a twin size heated blanket which was fine however they told me to send the damaged one back with documentation i.e. photos of the damages. They also told me to send them a price list for replacement articles which I did.

I sent the blanket back in February as I had waited all through January for them to respond to my emails which they had not done until I called them. When I called them they sent it to executive resolution. Now once I started speaking to executive resolutions I told them that I was not going to send the blanket back to them until I received an email confirmation about what had been going on. As soon as I sent that email I sent the blanket back with the documentation that they requested. Now I called him a week later to see if they had received the blanket. They did. I then proceeded to say or ask them how long would it take before their investigation would be concluded and I could expect an answer from them or a decision from them. They said 4 to 6 weeks.

I decided that I was going to give them the six weeks which brought it up to April 7 2019 which was yesterday. So today I called them and they started to tell me that it would take a few more days and I said, "No you are going to call your investigation department and you are going to find out what the decision is and you are going to call me back within the hour so I get a call back about 45 minutes later." And they say, "Oh they denied the claim because they don’t have the proper documentation." That was the first thing they told me. The claim was denied not because the blanket had not been the cause but because they did not have the proper documentation which I had sent so I got a little bit miffed one would say and I told him.

I said, "That is ridiculous. Why did no one tell me this? Why could no one call me? Now you’re telling me that this claim is denied because of lack of documentation. No you have the blanket and you have all the documentation that you asked for." Not once did they ever say there was nothing wrong with the blanket until I said to them on the second or third call.

I said, "Had you have had the decency to call me before the deadline before I had to chase you? Had you have had the decency to call me and tell me the claim is denied because after due investigation it has been determined that we were not at fault and there is nothing wrong with the blanket. We have determined that it must’ve been damaged by an external source. Had you have told me that I would’ve accepted that decision. But no. What you’ve been telling me all day today is that it’s lack of documentation." Then after that they turn around and decide to say that the blanket was not at fault. "We found it was an external source." Well why did you not tell me that? Why did you not start with that? Why do I have to chase you and why do you tell me this after I told you why?

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have a king sized heated blanket. It has quit working twice and beginning to take many hours to heat again! Sunbeam charged so much to return it twice that I could have bought a new one! They did not send me a new one just a different cord. Terrible customer service and no replies! Do not buy anything from this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

Original review: March 11, 2019

The mattress pad worked as advertised until I washed it on low and air dried it. The pad stop working, there is a 5 year warranty but the phone number is not open to questions and or comments. I am utterly irritated on this product and its false advertising.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Today was my second time contacting Sunbeam about a product that ceased to work properly, within the warranty timeframe. Once again, Sunbeam honoured the warranty and is shipping me a replacement. I see there are many dissatisfied comments here about Sunbeam but I have not experienced anything negative. Thank you Sunbeam!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I purchased a Sunbeam Heated Sherpa Throw Blanket December 10, 2018 from Amazon as a Christmas present. Within the month of January the heating element got a short which caused the blanket to stop heating to its original temperatures and was 'spotty' at best for heat coverage. Contacted Sunbeam for a warranty on the blanket as it is stated it has a 5 year warranty on the selling page for Amazon (which the product's page has now since been deleted or the product discontinued).

The original e-mail was sent to them 2/3/19, and I finally received a response 25 DAYS later after a 'verification' e-mail. In the original e-mail I provided the receipt for the transaction, the date of purchase, the HTML link of the receipt, the model number of the heated throw blanket, and my address (as the advertisement clearly stated a 5-year warranty, I would expect a replacement). I understand that the response to my initial e-mail has a general flow that must be adhered to (eg ask these questions, only these questions), however after providing the said information, they required it again.

I'm not worried about the blanket not working within a month, it can be replaced as outlined by their warranty stating it can. What bothers me is the complete lack of quick customer service on this issue with NO follow up beyond an automated message for 25 days. Sunbeam, invest in customer service representatives as it is becoming apparent you don't care about your customer's loyalty to your brand, let alone your products.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My electric blanket suddenly started flashing "F2" one day. I called 4 times- waited on hold more than 20 minutes each time- never got ahold of anyone. I emailed 3 times- have a confirmation # to show- never received a response. So my new electric blanket is worthless and there is no one responding in their customer service department. So frustrating!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Second heating pad from Sunbeam who claimed they have 5 year warranty on their product. 1st one worked fine for years, very happy about it. Bought a new Heating Pad XpressHeat about a year ago and it stopped working after a few months (error code "F") and got a replacement and it stopped working again. Called Sunbeam and they wanted me to pay to send their defective product back and do their investigation before sending a new one. Won't buy Sunbeam heating pad again!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My family bought two heated blankets made by Sunbeam that were advertised with 5 year warranties. Both stopped working in about a year in which they were used for only a few months. I contacted the manufacturer twice through the contact form on their website and registered the product, but they have completely ignored all requests for warranty service. This is not the first time products made by Sunbeam has failed within a few months. Their promise of warranties turned out to be fraudulent advertising. In my experience, the company is as unreliable as their products.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I am always cold, always! I wanted it for my birthday in December and got it from Costco (so we do get our money back), however, that is not what I wanted. Up until it quit working (38 days) it was perfect! I loved it! The color (royal blue), the size (oversized king), the fabric (micro-plush fiber), the dual controls (my spouse does not like it as warm as I do), etc., and then one day it just quit working. I followed all of the troubleshooting steps, checked online for any tips and nothing! They don't have anymore and I refuse to pay almost double the price anywhere else along with a color that I don't want for such a hefty purchase! Very disappointed in this clear design flaw, based on all of the complaints listed everywhere on this very product!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I bought a queen electric blanket in November. It worked great for about 2 weeks then it just stopped heating up! You can't even tell that's on!! I've had it more than 30 days so Wal-Mart won't replace it! I'm very disappointed with this product.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I have seen some pretty bad reviews for Sunbeam products, but I have never had any issues. My 88 year old great grandmother used this heated throw blanket all day every day for a few months before she passed away and now the blanket is mine. It never overheated for her and it hasn't for me. Low heat delivers a pleasant subtle warmth, medium is a very calming snugly heat, and high is great for winter or in cold rooms which helps save on heating costs. I love the 3 hour automatic shutoff because it gives me peace of mind in case I accidentally fall asleep with it on. I believe it was purchased in store unlike a lot of the bad reviews I have seen. As with any appliance, I recommend not buying from places like eBay because that just isn't bright. Anyways, I love this product as well as my Sunbeam heating pad and hand heating pad. As far as I am concerned, 5 stars all the way!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have had several of these due to chronic pain issues. Unfortunately, they do NOT last long. I am only getting 6 months max on them and then have to fight with Sunbeam to replace the product. I've had to turn at least 3 back in to Sunbeam. This is all due to control failure, overheating, and the item just stopping to work all of the sudden. Today I had another break and the controller is actually melted in. This is the 2nd one in the past 2 years that this has happened with. Luckily I only use it myself and monitor the use very carefully otherwise my whole freaking house could burn down. This is VERY frustrating, inconvenient, and scary. Sunbeam needs to fix their product and discontinue selling them until then!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I have had the Sunbeam heated mattress before and bought another because we did like it a lot. The new one lasted barely a year. I have to pay to return their defective product and they will replace it. Customer service representatives are very rude and condescending not mention you will be on hold for quite a long time before you have a person to speak with. If you want a product that will last do not buy a Sunbeam product.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I purchased a queen electric blanket in April 2017. I put it on my bed recently for the winter months ahead and noticed it was not heating at all. I called customer service and after some troubleshooting it was determined I have a faulty blanket. I was told to return it (at my own expense) and they would replace it. I don't feel I should have to pay to ship them their own damaged product. Buy Biddeford, I've never had a problem with their blankets. I will not be purchasing any Sunbeam products in the future.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I found this to be a nice heating pad with some vibrating massage being a helpful addition. It has been used a few hours a week for 2 months and 1 of the 2 massage motors has stopped. The second motor barely operates. If I pay for shipping to a Sunbeam repair center they will fix it and return it in 6 weeks. This is the 4th Sunbeam heating product I have had fail in the first 2 months of ownership. I would strongly recommend avoiding their product unless you don't care how long it lasts.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The controller began to overheat. It actually became so I slightly burned my hand when trying to adjust the heat setting. This is dangerous. This is the second Sunbeam heating pad I've purchased. They are great for a few months only. The last one I had had the flashing light and F. Never worked again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I ordered the 1st one (Sunbeam microplush heated blanket) on 11/17. It heated good for 2 weeks then quit. I ordered the 2nd one in March after Walmart would not exchange it. It heated good 2 times then started to only get warm on high heat, and went out after 2 mths. So spent a little more money to get a Sunbeam with a digital controller. It heated good for the first 2 weeks and they kept turning up the heat 1 click every other night. Now after having the blanket 2 months it barely heats on the high setting. So basically I have spent almost $200 dollars for 3 electric full size blankets in 7 months time which is BS. I need a dependable blanket for everyday use for severe ankle arthritis, but your product is just a waste of money. Your products are just like opening a box of chocolates, so Forrest Gump said, you can never tell what you get. Thank you for your time and will not purchase another Sunbeam product. They just don't last for the money.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Purchased a Sunbeam microwave Oct 24, 2017. Started sparking, smoking and burning Jan 7, 2018 (3 months). Called number on microwave rather than Target where I purchased it. Big mistake. CS rep says, "Peel label on back of microwave, paste to plain white paper, copy the receipt, send to Galanz NJ HQ via trackable method and wait 8-10 wks for refund. Also... don’t throw the oven away until you receive refund." Stupid but I did as told. Apparently ovens are made by Galanz, a Chinese co., so Sunbeam washes their hands of it. Galanz only has China phone number listed on their NJ website, so you can’t call without adding more cost & they probably don’t speak English if you did spend the money. It’s 4 months later. Still no refund. Escalated by CS rep, via email, to corporate accounting to find out where refund is.

Called back in 2 wks. “No answer from corporate”. Supervisor gives same answer. “We don’t know, we can only email, there is no phone number for our corporate offices and we haven’t heard back yet.” Each time I call, same excuses. Last time she added a new one... They recently moved & were behind in refunds. Asked her when they moved, first she stuttered, then she thought March. I said, “I started the clock for 8-10 wks. Wait on JAN 16th when they signed for the documents that I sent to the “new” address they supposedly just moved to in March.” She couldn’t explain that fact. They are all just a bunch of liars, trying their best to make you get too tired to fight. I’m retired. I’m not going away... Got plenty of time to be a thorn in their side. They are crooks who steal your money and don’t stand behind their products. I’m leaving reviews wherever I can to warn people of Sunbeam and Oster products.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have had this heating pad for a couple of months. It blinks red and I have tried to reset it several times and it works for about 2 seconds. This is a crappy product, but unfortunately I really need it. I do not have the $$$ to buy another one at $45 and I don't have the $$$ to send it back. You guys should stand behind your product. I have had several of your heating pads, with the same damn problem, with you guys offering the same damn solution. "Send it back and we will replace it." It does me no damn good because I have NOTHING to relieve the pain from a herniated disk and bulging disk which is going to require surgical intervention.

Shame on you guys for not standing behind your product and for putting the burden on the customer who have spent hard-earned $$$$ on your product(s). I borrowed a heating pad from my mom that is over 20+ years old for my back which I have problems with also hence the numerous number of your heating pads that I have purchased. If they can make heating pads back in the 90s that last, then why the hell has technology taken a nose dive with the new heating pads? Beyond ridiculous and I'm beyond fed up. Bad product and awful customer service.

Resolution response: April 24, 2018

After repeated emails, I finally got a response and a replacement is on the way. I am happy about that. Hope the new one lasts.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I purchased a Sunbeam Reversible Sherpa/Mink Heated Throw from Amazon. After 4 months, it stopped heating. I followed the troubleshooting recommendation from an subsequent Sunbeam email to no avail. Sunbeam expects me to ship the item to a service center in another city at my expense which is half the cost of the original purchase price. Other companies always send a pre-paid shipping label to send item at their expense. Their promise on the Amazon listing of complete customer satisfaction is a big lie. I will never purchase from this company again.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I purchased a Sunbeam warming throw through Amazon in January of 2018. It worked consistently for about a month and then became unreliable -wouldn't get very hot or only part of it would heat slightly. I called Sunbeam and got the runaround. I spent a while giving them information and testing the throw only to have them tell me it would be better if I returned it to Amazon, but the 30 day return period had already expired. Then I was told that Amazon buys older stock from them which accounts for it being unreliable was the implication. So why is Sunbeam selling unreliable, older stock to Amazon?

After waiting 20 minutes on hold to see if they would send me a label with free shipping to return the product under the warranty, I was told to package it up, make my own label, pay the postage myself and return it for repair (4-6 weeks). They counseled me in the future to buy from their website and not from Amazon. I have had numerous heating pads that have also failed under warranty due to faulty electronic controls. In the future, I won't be purchasing Sunbeam products from them or Amazon. Not worth the headache!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I built and opened a new 22 room motel in 2014. I bought 23 kettles Model KE2350 type 425 from Good Guys. Within 12 months 3 of the units blew and tripped the power fuse in the motel unit. I complained to Sunbeam who stated that the failure rate of over 10% was unusual, there had not been other complaints about this product. What a load of rubbish. Now, I have 7 units still working (in rooms with lowest use) and a failure rate of 67%. DO NOT BUY THIS CHEAP, CRAPPY AND USELESS PRODUCT. Matter of fact, read the other reviews of Sunbeam products and just don't buy their CHEAP and NASTY products.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I have bought 2 Sunbeam heating pads and 2 heating throws. I had my 1st heating pad and throw 5+ years and they were great and outlived the warranty. I now have 2 new ones that the heating pad is past the 3 year warranty and still going strong. My heating throw is just 1 year old and is extremely comfy. I have read so many bad reviews on these 2 products and it baffles me. I'm wondering if people actually order their products directly from the company. It seems not one person has returned their non working items back to the store they purchased it from.

If I open something & it doesn't work I don't call the manufacturer. I simply return it from where I purchased it, there isn't many places that doesn't accept returns whether you have the receipt or not. Department stores, drug stores, Amazon and eBay have no problem returning defective items back unlike customers who did not buy it directly from the manufacturer.

If you register your products as soon as you get them and it's over 90 days then I understand calling the manufacturer. I have been fortunate to have been able to email companies I did have issues with and get a prompt response. Most of the complaints I've read made it appear they did not work from the time they opened them when they got home. In my experience Sunbeam has always been a company that makes great product and I will continue to purchase products that carry its name.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I have owned vintage electric blankets from Sunbeam over the years and they all worked well. I had bought a new one recently and am very disappointed. First off the blanket control would blink meaning it has uncounted a glitch and is not functioning. I looked up this problem on SB's website and it seems they explain it as a safety issue. If the blanket gets too hot it will shut off and blink. OK well I did have it doubled over at night and maybe this was the issue. So I turned it from 5 to 3 and made sure it was flat. Well that worked for a few nights but now it's back to turning off twice in the night. Not sure what the hell is going on but this is one POS product. I don't know of the Chicoms cannot make an electric blanket or WTF is going on. But I am not happy with Sunbeam.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I bought a Sunbeam king size heating pad. Around the 9th month after the plastic where the cord goes into it split and tore loose. Contacted company by email. Gave them all the info they asked for and then after that never got a response and still can't get one. If you buy one of their products you are a dumb person. Just check their track record. I'm going after them in small claims court. Their warranty is 5 years. Can't get a 25 product replaced under warranty so court in my town is their future!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Bought this unit several years ago. It was low priced but had all the features of the expensive brand (the one that starts with a W). The only issue we've had is one of the three igniter's does not work. Since the grill was such a budget one anyway, we just deal with it. It stays outside under its cover year round even in the snow and no sign of rotting or any issues like that.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Just got off the phone with no results... Bought heated blanket in March that had a weird odor when on thought it was new smell until hospitalized with fluid in my lungs from a reaction. Tried for a replacement sunbeam said that might be bad too. Hmmmm. So no refund. No new blanket. I am a very cold senior.

Sunbeam Company Information