2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.56/5

Sunbeam Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

As many others have stated, we chose Sunbeam for the name recognition and believed their products to be high quality. Unfortunately, that is not the case, our warming throw is shocking us even when it's unplugged, we are afraid to plug it back in, if it's shocking when it's unplugged. So far I've been unable to reach Sunbeam for help. Aside from difficulties with the warming blanket shocking us, we have purchased multiple Sunbeam heating pads in the past 5 years, none of which has functioned more than 6 months before failing to heat or overheating. I had used Sunbeam products 10-15 years ago that worked well and lasted a long time, no more.

Original review: May 19, 2020

This is a horrible company with very cheap products. Heated throw burned me... cloth cover was barely on. No customer service. DO NOT DEAL WITH, SAVE YOUR MONEY. The cord was so stiff it wouldn't even wind up, to store properly... I've called the company 4 times with no satisfaction, or even a friendly customer service representative.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Purchased a Sunbeam king size Slumber Rest Velvet plush electric blanket with a 5 year warranty from Macy's in January 2019. Intermittent problems with blanket not getting very hot and then not heating at all. On May 1, 2020, I contacted the 1-800 number to file a warranty claim. Was told that warranty was verified and product would be replace if I emailed a list of information along with several photos. I responded on the same day.

On May 12, I called again to check on the status of the claim and was told that my email was received but the attachments were not viewable, perhaps due to size. Same day I sent another email with photos attached again and requested an email reply confirming receipt with viewable photos. Did not receive a response so I called again on May 15, 2020 and was told the email with pictures was received, however, due to Coronavirus, they only could replace with a totally different material in a blue color. I had told the second agent that I would accept any neutral color so blue was not acceptable.

The agent today told me that I would need to call back every 2 weeks to check on availability for replacement that would be acceptable to me. I understand that Coronavirus may slow down production and cause some delays but non response to requests for response to email communications is unacceptable. I'm not certain that I will be able to get a replacement that has the same features, 5 year warranty in a neutral color (doesn't have to be the exact color I have) or how long the delay might be. The agent told me that the factory is in Missouri so I would think production should resume fairly soon as many other businesses are reopening as I write this.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I had a heated throw that was no longer heating, and they sent me a new throw free of charge. Great service! I love their heated blankets and I think I will keep coming back to this company for when I invest in a heated mattress pad.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I loved my Sunbeam blanket for the 10 months it worked. It was a beautiful charcoal gray to match my den. When I contacted them with a receipt to ask them to honor their 5 year warranty, they offered me a BURGUNDY blanket as a replacement. When I asked for a tan, white or gray, they offered me a ZEBRA print and said that was all they had in their warehouse. When I have them a list of colors that I would prefer, they wrote back and said they couldn’t replace my blanket since I had “refused” their offer. I’m sure it’s in the fine print, but what a crappy warranty to send out the crappy blankets they can’t sell to replace expensive throws. Very disappointed in Sunbeam’s customer service.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I bought a twin size Sunbeam blanket electric for cold winters and I bought it at Kohls at the end of the season for this winter. When I put it on my bed it did not work, I contacted sunbeam and showed them the label and they said it was made in 2012 when I bought it last winter 2019. Kohls would not return it without the receipt. I have made numerous calls to sunbeam and emails with no results, they have a 40 minute hold time then hang up when you are next. I have contacted CPSC again as they want to close my case as they have not heard from me but I have sent over 6 emails and they were to call me but never did. Very poor CSR so no blanket fo me. ANd NEVER AGAIN Sunbeam, I will buy from another company. Jarden bought them out and I was told they do not warranty nor talk to their consumers (sunbeam that is).

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Had two of them fail, they replaced one, then they won’t replace the 2nd one because they think I am trying to get a free blanket. I don’t want another, I want my money back and Sunbeam needs to fix why so many of these fail. They bank on the fact that most people just throw them away and just accept that there is no such thing as quality or customer service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Over the past five years, I have purchased as many electric blankets. Each one of the blankets became operable before the winter was over which would be three to four months. Needless to say I gave up I will never purchase another one. And yes I did follow all of the guidelines I even tried resetting them according to their guidelines nothing work the blank is were just inoperable and they were not cheap. If I remember correctly, I purchased several of the blankets from Macy's and or Sears.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I love yard sales. Good stuff. Cheap prices. When I was furnishing my first apartment in the early 1970s, I went to yard sales every weekend. I bought bookcases, chairs, tables, and, of course, kitchen equipment: silverware, dishes, storage bowls, and my prized purchase, a Sunbeam Mix-Master. For three dollars I got the Mix- Master circa 1955, a set of mixing blades and the small bowl that fits in the groves so that the bowl rotates. The seller explained that she had broken the large bowl and wanted to upgrade. Thank god for people who want to upgrade. That opens a myriad of opportunities for folks like me who do not need to have the latest and greatest, but love the utilitarian. I took it home and discovered that the large bowl from my set of Pyrex bowls (also from a yard sale and circa 1950s) would almost fit in the groove and worked just fine.

I decided that I would use this appliance until it gave out and then I would buy a new model. It has never given out. It still blends the perfect batter for cakes, breads, and cookies. It goes excruciatingly slow when adding dry materials to wet and does so without spattering. It can beat egg whites to a frazzle and make elegant meringue.

It is not pretty. It has nicks and worn spots and the speed dial is faded in some parts. But it does everything I ask of it. I can’t get rid of it. It has done nothing wrong. I would feel guilty if I replaced it. After all, we’ve been together for quite some time and quite a few cookies. I’ve attempted to make a new pact with my Mix-Master: I’ll keep it until it gives out or until there is a really good sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Even though I’ve said this in the presence of my Mix-Master, it just doesn’t feel right, and I know in my heart that I’ll be using it exclusively for a long time to come.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

While working on a project using my Sunbeam iron my smoke detector went off and I could smell burning. I frantically ran around trying to figure out what was burning. I eventually noticed that the plate on the bottom of my iron had actually exploded off the body and was creating invisible fumes setting off my smoke detector. I called Sunbeam customer support and reported the above and was told that it would be reported and that I would be receiving an email with information on how to return my iron with pre-paid postage. It has been at least 2 months and I have yet to receive any information. This was clearly a fire hazard and should be addressed by Sunbeam.

Sunbeam Company Information