4.2/5 (627 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Slomins Alarm Systems

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures peace of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Home automation features
    • 24/7 monitoring
    • Affordable pricing

Cons

• Long contracts

Bottom Line

Slomins Alarm Systems offer an affordable base plan with excellent home automation features. The contracts are long, but the complimentary initial equipment makes up for it.

Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

We've had a Slomin’s for a long time now, about 20 years, and the reps were good and professional. We got the new up-to-date system. So the pad itself is very easy to operate, not like it was before, with the battery and everything. The new system can talk to you too – “door close", "door open", "alarm set", "alarm not set”. The experience is very good so far overall.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi John Elardi, We are very happy to hear about this great experience. We appreciate your business and loyalty for the last 20 years!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Slomins listens to my needs and requests. I work in my home and that’s why I need to have a company to listen to my needs and be precise about what I’m saying. The alarm goes on and it goes off. It works, so I’m happy with that. I’m not happy with the cost of fuel and how my oil burns, though. But the reps listened to everything I said, and they investigated. I had a lot of problems with leakage of oil, and they went to my oil tank and fixed it. There's also all the noise that I’ve been hearing, and they tried to fix that as well.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Barbara Stabiner, thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Slomins' rep was very clear and concise, very detailed, easy to work with, friendly, and nice to have in your house. I like Slomins better than the alarm system I had. I like the updated technology. It's very easy and simple to use. The installation also went very smoothly. So far, I'm very satisfied with the system. It's kinda interesting that I have consistently used the stay button in the evening, where before I kinda got out of the habit of using. Everything's perfect.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Kathryn Keller, it makes us happy to hear about experiences such as yours. Thank you for sharing this with us and for being an awesome Slomins customer!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I have had Slomins for most part of a decade and had no bad experience. I called slomins for their free upgrade of system and a salesperson came out. He told me that the upgrade was free and never mentioned that there would be an increase in monthly charges. I was paying around 28.00/month. Since I signed a new 5 year contract, they raised it to 33.95/month for the same monitoring service. When I called, I was told basically, "Too bad you signed the new contract." I won't be renewing the contract when it expires.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Frank O'Donnell, Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will contact you shortly to assist you.

Update 5:50PM,

Thank you for your time today on the phone. As per our discussion this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.

It was a pleasure speaking with you today!

Gary C

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Slomin's is a good system, and they are responsive. We just did an upgrade now. We have used them a couple of times, and they even called when they were not absolutely sure that anything happened. Sometimes, when I cook something and I smoke the house, they call me. I'm very happy with them. The price is very comparable to ADT, which is a competitor, but I prefer Slomin's because being a smaller company, they are more personable. They have good customer service, which is important to me.

Dear Constantin Dobrescu,

We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you! You are a great customer and we love your business. thanks for sharing this great experience with us!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I do not recommend this alarm system to any one. Since this alarm system depended on the land line to notify them for any trouble in the alarm system. If the land line or the power is out, you are on your own, Slomins will not call anybody. Yesterday my land line went dead 3:30am, I was expecting police to show up, they never did. I call Slomins in the morning, they told me if the land line is out, they will not get any signals, therefore, they did not notify the police.

The whole idea to have security alarm is to protect personnel and property. If I knew the security system is design in such way, I would never have install it. I only found that out yesterday after sign up and pay for all the monitoring system for the last 5 years thinking I my family are protected, it turn out it is deceptive scam promoted by Slomins security, and it was a total wasted of money. I am going to sign up with SimpliSafe and don't have to worry about power outage or down land line. Slomins shield indeed, it shield them from knowing anything.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

You are being forewarned. Slomin's shield will send a sales representative to your home who will write a contract then falsify the one the submit for processing. I was a loyal Slomin's Shield customer for over 4 years, I asked for an upgrade and got a bait & switch. They sent a sales person to my home who gave me a price for monthly monitoring which was previously quarterly. The monthly fee increased slightly which was fine. Several months later I received a bill of 72.21 for monitoring which was NOT on my contract. They know they screwed up cause the monthly payment on my contract was all they could charge to my CC account cause it's all I agreed to. NOW they're trying to bill me as though I don't have a copy of my contract. EVEN if they agree to honor their contract I am canceling my entire contract due to fraud. They are DISHONEST for even trying to bill me. WHAT if I were elderly & paid? It's cheating. They're CROOKS!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Tohara Jackson, thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We will be contacting you right away to assist you with this issue. Thank you!

Update 01-15-2020,

Hi Tohara! as per our records, this issue was resolved to your satisfaction as of 12-13-2019.

Thank you again!

Slomins Inc.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

We really needed a home security system in our area and Slomin's had the best offer so we got one with them. The installation was nice and smooth. The person who did it was very cooperative and knowledgeable. He knew how to program it and he ran through all the steps. I love the ability to log in with a phone. For the amount that I paid, the system is definitely worth it.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Marvin Lewis, congrats on your new security system and thanks for the awesome feedback!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Apparently I was locked into a 5 year contract and you are charging me $60 for a sensor. Your service times are a huge inconvenience. The second my contract ends I will cancel. I will never buy oil from you because you are crooks. I will tell all my friends and hope your management is sued or imprisoned for your unethical Practices.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Rachel Jensen, We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware we attempted to contact you yesterday and a voice mail was left. We also attempted to contact you today without success. Please contact us 24/7 at your earliest convenience by dialing 1-800-252-7663. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I’ve been very satisfied with Slomins which is why I’ve been a customer since 1993. They were offering it for free when I moved into my house. The security is better and its features are very good. The cost is a little higher than I’d like to pay, but it is what it is. We've had the system updated a couple of months ago. The installation team was great and the representatives were very good. However, they misbilled me. I have to call in and see if I can get the suggested.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Barbara Weinstein, thanks for the honest feedback! It appears you have contacted us and the billing issue has been resolved. If it is not, please feel free to contact us 24/7 by dialing 1-800-252-7663. Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My son has had his Slomins system since the early 2000s and he really likes it. Recently, he had an issue with his telephone line, and he had to have a telephone in the house in order to have Slomins. So, we opted to have Slomins put in a wireless system. The people that came out were wonderful. They showed us what they're gonna do, and explained to us all the details.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Renate Conlon, We appreciate your business as well as the great feedback!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Our cars were broken into about four years ago so we figured we'd have a home security. Slomin's is 100% better than the alarm system we've had before. They have more features and new technology now, and I like them. I also have cameras now for the driveway. Eventually, I'll get some windows added on. Their reps were very polite, very good and very informative. John came to the house and explained everything to us - the cost, etc. And after that, we decided to get the oil from them too. The installation team was very good. They explained everything to my wife and they went over the keypad. I like their smartphone feature too where I can set my alarm from outside and set it if I'm away and I forget. The cost, for the protection that we get, is very good. My wife feels safer now especially if I'm away, because I have to travel sometimes.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Dennis Lundy, this is great feedback and we are very happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for securing your home with the Slomins Shield!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

We've had the Slomin's system for about a month now and everything has been good. The previous homeowner was using the same company and the online system was already installed in the home, and they just had to reactive it. The guy who came was very nice and was very thorough. He still keeps in touch with us once in a while just to check up. The system is very basic and straightforward, and the equipment is of good quality. The cost is good too. We got an offer from another company but they were more expensive. I would definitely recommend Slomin's.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Carlos Echeverri, We are very happy to hear about your great experience with Slomins! thanks!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

When I was doing a little bit of search five years back, I found that Slomin's was better than other companies. After that, I started using them and so far, everything is good. They upgraded the equipment two months back and since they have the cell towers, they needed to connect to that. They also replaced some part of the console which is now able to communicate in LTE mode. Before, it was 4G or 3G only. Other than that, the value for money is there and they are quite responsive in case we need anything.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Kallappa Ambi, We appreciate the positive feedback and we thank you for your continued support and loyalty to Slomins!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I've had Slomin's for about 18 years now, and since I did away with my phoneline, they had to take the old alarm and put a new alarm system in. The new one works off a satellite and it’s really nice. And the installation was fast, taking just an hour. I've had the system for about a month now and I like its features. I have a smoke alarm and motion sensors in two rooms and three doors. It’s good quality product and is well worth the cost.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Thomas Kobialka, We are very happy to hear about this great experience and we appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I loved that they were prompt and installed it exactly where I wanted and the installer #** was awesome and Friendly. Awesome experience and their alarm and camera and sensors are great. I feel safer at home and away from home and feel safer for my family and loved ones. Thank you Slomins and installer #**.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Mr. Arroyo, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and for the great feedback!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We've had Slomin's for about 25 years and I have motion sensors, a fire detector in the basement and carbon monoxide detectors, which I’ve just replaced all over the house. We might be interested in doing cameras too. But Slomin's needs to take better notes as to what people need and what they want. The installation was a little shaky because I was at work and although I specifically told them that I wanted the motion detector put in the spare bedroom, they put it in the living room where I have cats. The motion detector was constantly going off. So then I had to bypass that zone and that was kind of yucky.

Then I couldn’t ask my father to do it again so I had to stay home while Slomin's fixed that problem. But then they left a big hole in my wall, which needs to be there in the first place, so I had to fix the wall too. The alarms should also have been attached to the window and to the wall. Instead, they had it so that you could easily pull it off. It was like Velcro and so my cats were flipping it with their hand and my alarm was going off. I told Slomin's I had cats and cats like to play with things so they shouldn’t have something that has a little wire either.

The other thing was that I needed to change something that everybody calls the delay from my side door to my front door. But Slomin's never made it the first time and all they had to do was come to the house and reprogram the box because I no longer had it where they could do it over the phone. My alarm kept going off because my phone line was always going out. So that wasn’t Slomin’s fault. But when I switched over to another company, I had Slomin's come in to put the delay from the side door to the front door and they couldn’t get to my house in time. I had to stay home another time just to get a minor thing. The guy who was coming in to do it, found out what was going on and said he was in the neighborhood but then he never made it there. The guy who did finally come, took five minutes to do it. So Slomin's needs some improvements along the way.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Debra, thanks for taking the time to review us online and for being a loyal Slomins customer since 1999!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I love my new system, we got the driveway cameras and new keypad with the two apps on my phone. I can alarm my house from anywhere. It's not a sensitive as the Ring doorbell, but it lets me know when a bird flies by. Love it and it comes with a remote. Thanks, Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Wanda, thank you for the great review and congrats on your new system. We are very happy to hear how satisfied you are with your new security system!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Setting up the appointment for install took a little back and forth and some effort but the rest of the service has been great! Both installer and sales reps were very nice and knowledgeable... would still recommend given the fact that you need to separate an entire morning or afternoon for timeframe of install.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Gabriela Rolon, we appreciate the honest feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Thanks for reviewing us!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

John was very professional as he did the upgrade of my alarm & advised the best spot for the smoke detector. He was very neat & clean and put everything back in its place. He reviewed everything and explained the different features of my new alarm system. He gave me time to ask questions and take some notes. He was an amazing installer.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Celia Alicata, We are very happy to hear about your experience and we appreciate the positive review!

Resolution response: Sept. 20, 2019

Once I expressed my dissatisfaction on the deal I received from Slomin via the consumeraffairs portal, they promptly reached out to me. They understood the issue and made a few counter offers to me so as to address my concerns. While they couldn’t match the competitive deal that others had received, they offered a reasonable compromise. The field rep installed two additional sensors within the same price and also advised on the right location for these sensors. I don’t have any issues with their service now.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

We chose this service only because the previous owner had the equipment but we should have shopped around. I learnt from my friends that better security systems are available at almost half the price. Other people have more entrances covered and also get window smash protection for much less.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Gagan Singh,Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will contact you shortly for assistance. Thanks again!

Update 09-23-2019- Dear Gagan Singh, thanks for updating your review as this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Should there be any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us 24/7 in Customer Service by dialing 1.800.252.7663. Thanks again!

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2019

I am updating my review because the issue was solved. Slomins was diligent about reaching out to me so in terms of their customer service they were clearly on top of their game. Nicole made sure to accomodate my schedule. In terms of the app, it is ok. She figured out a way that we can all be on it the same time, so we were happy. But the app does still need some improvements. It is fine and it is workable and it wouldn't stop me from recommending it but it definitely should have an upgrade. Overall, however I am now satisfied. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Very unhappy. Cannot use the app. I share it with 4 other people. First, if someone logs on, it logs the other off. Then I was told the one main account can invite others. So my husband invited me. I cannot even connect to wifi. It says to reset the device. I have no idea how to reset the device. I googled it. Nowhere is there a button on the device or instructions online. It is awful.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Pamela Cohen, thank you for reaching out to us about this issue. We are really sorry to hear about your experience and we will be contacting you shortly for assistance with your cameras. Thanks!

09-13-2019 Update, Pamela thank you for working with us on this and we are happy to hear the issue has been resolved. thanks!

Resolution response: Sept. 4, 2019

Company just reiterated what I said concerning the "radio". Lied once again about termination date. If they are telling the truth - BEWARE someone can take apart your entire system and you wont be alerted.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I had Slomin's Alarm system for 5 years (contract). I believe it went off twice (accidentally) in 5 years. I paid my bill as soon as it came in. I was an ideal customer. Let me tell you three points about why this company is absolute trash. #1 I changed my one exterior door and the sensor was messed up after removing it and putting it on the new door. I called to get a walk through on how to reset it. I was told I needed to have a service tech come out to reset it for almost $100. As I was arguing with the customer service rep, I googled how to reset it and did it myself. I was later told (after complaining) that she was supposed to walk me through it. TRASH.

#2 They needed to upgrade THEIR system to 4g or something, but they are trying to charge every customer to upgrade the chip in the keypad (Philadelphia). They almost got my grandmother for money. I flipped out. Customers pay YOU for a service. If you are upgrading your signals, then it is on YOU to switch out the equipment that we agreed to in the original contract. Anyway, I sent a mass FB post/text to tell customers I know to refuse to pay. All of them ended up getting it changed for free. TRASH.

#3 I cancelled my service and got the Ring (MUCH cheaper, same thing even better). I was paid until the 22nd of August... I called to confirm this. I wrote on the cancellation request letter DO NOT RENEW - I AM PAID THROUGH AUG 22 PLEASE CANCEL THEN. I spoke to the women on the phone and said this too. They cancelled it first week in August. So my husband calls and, after being on hold for eternity, they claimed to add back the monitoring. They lied. I did not know they lied until I disconnected my system to set up the ring before Aug. 22. I got no notification that my alarm was tampered with or removed. So it was never being monitored. TRASH. So basically Slomin's is untrustworthy and doesn't care about their customers. WARNING DO NOT USE.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Nicole, we are sorry to hear about your experience and we thank you for your feedback. As per our records, the radio was replaced for you at no cost and your account was adjusted to terminate at the requested date. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Slomin's Shield sales representative Rich ** is the worst person you'll ever meet. He did not explain exactly what the service he fiercely pushed for was clearly about. Rich ** IS A SCAM and only care about the little commission he's getting from each person he ripped off to make a sale. They came to install my alarm system but I can only hear the alarm sound only if I am in my living/dining room and kitchen. If I'm inside my bedroom which is on the same floor not far from the dining room, I will not hear the alarm.

Another tech came by my house, tested it and actually noticed the same issue. To make a long story short, I called that Rich person, he rudely stated that I have to buy an extra equipment. Every time, I try to contact him about the mess he create, he raised his voice at me and became extremely unprofessional. This special type of moron belongs to Slomin's Shield and nowhere else. No one, including managers except Laura who help me with their app, was helpful or was willing to rectify what that idiot did. Basically, If my house is getting robbed and I am inside my bedroom, I will not notice/or hear anything until the robber opens my door and shoot me. So if I want to hear the alarm, I have to sleep in my living room.

I believe that sales person should've been upfront and tell me that the alarm was not only going to be loud enough to be able to hear it when inside the bedroom. Then it would've been my decision to move forward or not. Sorry for the long letter, I am clearly pissed at Slomin's team. I do not recommend them at all. They have no customer service skills.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Fabiola Rene, We are happy that we were able to assist you in resolving this issue and we thank you for updating your star rating! Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I've been with Slomin's for at least 15 years and they're wonderful people. I went with more Wi-Fi features and you really can't tell if there's an intruder in the house. I live in a split-level and if somebody comes in, you can barely hear the alarm go off. With my old system, I had a box in my bedroom and I could see which door opened up. Now, this one doesn’t do that. But the cost is fine. It's like a dollar a day.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I signup for their 5 year contract because their promotions of $1000 equipment and installation. During installation, the technician said door bell camera was not able to get installed. And I need to contact them for something else. Here is where it gets really tricky, when you sign up, these equipment are discounted, but when you need to switch to a different product, they ask you for the full amount. A glass breaker detector will cost $125, which I can get one for less than $30. Anyone with reasoning will understand a door bell camera worth way more than a sensor. And not to mention, their alarm is keep sounding for no reason, cops were called twice in a row. No one even care to contact us to provide solutions, it is your job to talk to them about these false alarms. Just like the other reviews said, all they care about is installing you, signing and goodbye. STAY AWAY!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I purchased a house with an existing contract. It is pathetic that the most difficult part of buying a home is transferring the security contract. I was able to get a loan for 100K with a simple online application but their stupid agreement for $35/mo requires me to go to a notary and overnight docs. You'll get them when you get them, if ever. Not to mention that they require a 5 year contract. ADT requires 3 as do other. I would NEVER choose to use them.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Carrie Thomas, We are very sorry to hear about your experience. If there is anything we may be able to do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us 24/7 in Customer Service by dialing 1-800-252-7663. Thank you!

Original review: July 29, 2019

Thank you for cancelling. I must point out there is NO Balance due as I pre paid in full to terminate months ago. Additionally, upon paying I was informed I needed to call back 3 months later to be sure Slomins did their job. Cancelling my account. That is just another reason for no longer wanting your services. Got a fine due to your company. Called and company told me to pound salt- good luck- you're on your own. (No Help At ALL.)

Was told when agreeing and signing contract, "everything" would be covered. Not true, when came time for servicing due to false alarm(s); a-Was told 1st servicing was 4 or 5 days out for 1st available date. & b-Batteries are not covered, therefore, I paid. Then I went to local hardware store to see Slomins charged me approximately 10 times what the retail price was for a simple battery. Shame on Slomins. Gave the company one more chance. Called scheduled appointment for A/C install. The quote I got was 3500.00 more expensive than 1 of the competitors! Once again- Shame on you trying to rip off a senior citizen that served and helped save this country!!!

Hi Tom King,

You are correct, there is no balance due on your account! We are sorry to hear about your experience and we apologized for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Thanks!

Original review: July 14, 2019

Am I the only one whose iPhone app no longer works after the control panel radio upgrade a few months ago? Intermittently - and frequently - does not connect to panel from app. Numerous phone calls to customer service for troubleshooting, had a service call on site a few days ago, still crapping out on us, multiple iPhones of different generations (SE and 6S) affected, using both WiFi and cellular signals.

Currently waiting for Slomins to chat with their IT folks and call me back. Told that customers aren’t allowed to talk to IT there. Slomins app is our primary method of arming and disarming since our control panel is not near our usual entry door. Got mad at repeated phone calls over this issue and threatened to cancel service, and rep told us “No problem, we’ll just hit you with a four thousand dollar ($4,000) termination penalty, read your contract.” ????

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Michael, thank you for letting us know about this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are looking into this for you and will contact shortly for assistance. Thanks!

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been with Slomin's for 26 years and I really like their system. They're very responsive. I immediately get a call if my alarm goes off. I recently got upgraded at no cost, and they sent in their sales rep who went over the new system with me. Then we scheduled for them to come and install it. The installer knew what he was doing and explained everything to my husband. I like the new system a lot. Coming from the old system to this pad was like day and night, but it was very easy to get used to.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Luisa Liz, We appreciate your positive feedback and we hope for many more years to come. Thank you for being a loyal Slomin's customer!

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information