4.2/5 (627 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Slomins Alarm Systems

Slomin's has provided quality safety and comfort to their customers for over 90 years. Our commitment to customers is backed by the "Slomin's Shield" and ensures peace of mind through our security systems and employees, who are all passed through background checks, drug tests and a rigorous training program. Our systems can be customized for your specific needs, and is perfect for anyone on-the-go because of our remote access capabilities. Our packages are comprehensive and include (but are not limited to) motion detectors, Pan Tilt Zoom, and live-action cameras. Our services span to residential and commercial customers alike, and we help you save on equipment on installation costs by offering free basic systems and installation. Call or visit our site today to learn more!

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Home automation features
    • 24/7 monitoring
    • Affordable pricing

Cons

• Long contracts

Bottom Line

Slomins Alarm Systems offer an affordable base plan with excellent home automation features. The contracts are long, but the complimentary initial equipment makes up for it.

Slomins Alarm Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slomins Alarm Systems?

Original review: March 25, 2020

I have had Slomins Shield for over five years. They are always professional, courteous and knowledgeable. I have been a customer for over five years and recently re-signed another contract and had two more pieces of equipment installed. The technician that installed my video doorbell went over and beyond for me without me even asking. I always appreciate the customer service and I know I’m in good hands.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Christine Hayes, thank you for your continued loyalty to Slomins and we appreciate the 5 stars and great review!

Original review: March 25, 2020

Great customer service from the initial appointment to the installation!! Friendly and courteous staff. The introductory appointment was fast, informative and Steve was very knowledgeable of the product. I would definitely recommend Slomins to friends and family. I give Slomins FIVE STARS!!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Andrea Liverpool, we are excited to hear about your review and we thank you for trusting Slomins for your security needs!

Resolution response: March 26, 2020

I received my refund today 3/26. Resolved. Thank you

Original review: March 25, 2020

I was mistakenly charged $279 for the doorbell alarm on March 5, 2020 and was promised a refund. As of today March 25, that has not occurred. They had plenty of time to refund the money prior to the Corona virus stay at home order. So that cannot be used as an excuse.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Irene Contogianes, thank you for reviewing us and for letting us know about this issue. We are more than happy to look into your refund and we will contact you within 24 hours with a resolution.

Thanks again!

Original review: March 25, 2020

I accidentally set off the alarm when I opened the door. As I was entering data into the system, Slomin called immediately and asked if everything was ok, etc. I would recommend Slomins to anyone. I had very good service. Thank You.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Jeri Reiderer, we are happy to know the system works and we thank you for the great review!

Original review: March 25, 2020

The tech was on time, very professional, friendly and cleaned up when the installation was completed. I have been a Slomins customer for years and every time I have needed them they did a great job and I highly recommend the company and the alarm system. It is easy to operate and works great! Thank you for the excellent service.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Andrew Megara, we are very happy to hear about your experience and we thank you for the 5 stars!

Original review: March 25, 2020

The only thing that had been promised and couldn't be delivered was the video doorbell. Since we specifically said we needed wireless I don't know why the sales person said we could get it. Happy otherwise. The new system is much easier to navigate than the old one, and we basically just needed to upgrade the whole system to wireless because we are renovating. The technician was thorough and able to hook up everything except the doorbell.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Jennifer-Jo Moyer, thank you for the positive feedback and review. We appreciate your business!

Original review: March 18, 2020

Very happy with the install of smoke detectors and CO'S. The technician worked for 3 days in my house and went beyond the call of duty. I would definitely recommend Slomins to anyone who wants reliable and professional work done.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Susan Depascale, We are so happy to hear about this great feedback and we thank you for sharing that with us!

Original review: March 12, 2020

Slomin’s has solved all the problems that I've had with my home security system. Everybody, from the installer to the representative, is very professional. The cost is a little high but it’s not much higher than my previous company and at least, I have a system that’s working. If someone has two of their options, maybe they can give the third one away for free. Other than that, everything is working fine.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Charles Cassara, thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate your business!

Original review: March 8, 2020

Joe who came to install my alarm was spectacular!!! Excellent. The very best. I should know as many men have come over the years to work on my alarm but none were as knowledgeable as Joe!!! He explained everything in detail and discussed with me what kind of support from the system I needed.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Karen Lesce, thank you for the great review and thank you for being an awesome Slomins customer since 2002!

Original review: March 7, 2020

Although it was a false alarm with me accidentally pushing the key access button, the police came 3 hours later to double check. I recently found out at the local 75th Precinct meeting that police will check the house even if the alarm goes off accidentally on their time. And if there is a crime in progress will act immediately. Is this true?

Original review: March 7, 2020

Totally Satisfied, and the system works well. The service technician was very helpful on breaking down step by step on how to work the alarm system. Since we had the system and viewing the camera is our best friend letting us know when someone is coming.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi James Hayes, We are very happy to hear this great feedback and we thank you for trusting Slomins for your security needs!

Original review: March 6, 2020

We recently upgraded our security system to wireless. We have had Slomins system in our home for at least the past 15 years and have had minimal problems. When contacted with an issue the response was almost immediate and fair.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Clare Yauger, thank you for sharing this great feedback with us. More importantly, thank you for being a loyal Slomins customer since 2000!

Original review: March 6, 2020

I had an upgrade for my old system, the salesperson, Grayson was great he made sure that I got just what I wanted, he's the kinda of guy that you feel like family when you meet him, very personable. The same with the tech who did the installation, His name was Shavron (if I spelled that right) was very personable, great sense of humor and definitely knows what he is doing!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Ronald McGovern, thank you for the 5 star rating and for the great review. We are very happy to hear about this great experience & we are thrilled to know we have serviced you since 1998!

Original review: March 1, 2020

We tried a different alarm company but I didn’t like what they had to offer and the way it worked out. My alarm system broke so we opted to get a new one. The gentlemen from Slomin's Alarm Systems were terrific. The gentleman who came to see us explained everything and he wasn't pushy. He was very nice and wonderful. Then the installer was super, too. He explained to us how to operate it. He was neat and clean. There were no issues and I was very satisfied. So far, the system is great.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Linda Samolsky, we are happy to hear about this great experience and we thank you for sharing this with all of us!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Tell them that pricing is good for the service and that they have many things to pick from as far as what they are looking for. Also that they are very good with their customer service. If there is a problem with your service or you do not understand something they send a tech at right away to help you.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Debbie Semple, it truly makes our day to hear great reviews such as yours. Thank you for being a great and loyal Slomins customer since 2013!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

So far we are happy with the service provided. The only hiccup was during the installation when it was requested to receive a phone call prior to arrival of the technician. This didn't happen which resulted in waking up our 15 month old daughter and really upsetting my wife.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Frank, We are sorry to hear you didn't get a phone call prior to arrival and we apologize for that inconvenience. We are glad to hear everything else went well with your installation. Thank you for the positive rating!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

The salesperson was knowledgeable and helpful with our questions and concerns. Installation was very professional and done well. No problems have arisen since then. The plan that we have is just what we need. Well done to date. Thank you all.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Anthony Jacobelli, We appreciate your positive review!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I have a hard wired system. The repairman placed wireless replacements. The replacements DO NOT WORK. If there’s an existing hardwire why wasn’t it utilized??? Another day waiting for repair... Completely unfair! Please call me. Rectify this unfortunate completion. Thank you.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Paul Affrunti, We are sorry to hear about this issue. We will contact you shortly for assistance.

Update 02-27-2020,

Dear Paul Affrunti, as per our conversation today this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time and for working with me on this one.

Sincerely,

Gary C

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Great value for your money plus less expensive than ADT which we had for 6 years. Salesman was not a pressure to sell salesperson. Free upgrades which ADT would not offer me until I decided to cancel. I got more features with Slomins including 2 outside cameras and a doorbell camera. Seems to be a good choice.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Mike Zajack, thank you for the great review and positive rating!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

This morning, I was assisted by a young lady at Slomins who was breathtakingly nice. She was very knowledgeable and informative. She assisted me with such professionalism and patience. She clearly was committed to seeing me satisfied and made accommodations to effect it. My overall experience with Slomins has been a very positive one.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello Ijeoma Isiofia, We are very happy to hear about this positive experience and we hope for many more years to come!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Slomins Alarm Systems had the best price and what they had to offer was exactly what I needed. And more than anything, I love the sales rep. She was awesome and very down-to-earth. And the guy that came out to install everything was super cool and easy to work with. Everything was already installed and the system is good. I was just starting the service back up.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hello William Rivers, thank you for positive review and for sharing this great experience with us!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We all sometimes have some awkward and unexpected situation with a company that provides us with its service, after all We are human and not perfect. But when a manager is informed and act quickly, and truthfully solves a misunderstanding, you know you were always in good hands, there, and You will be in the best hands. Thanks to Gary ** Customer Service Manager Slomins Inc. for your professionalism and good customer service.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Hamlet Garcia, thank your sharing this positive feedback with us. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I'm going through a divorce, and I had to get the order protection. The assistant district attorney told me to get a camera system. I called one of Slomin's rep and he sold us and we purchased the system. It was expensive compared to other companies but I love the system. I wouldn't trade it for the world. We pay monthly maintenance fee. So, anytime we need anyone to come, they're available or helped us online.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Deloris Nesmith, thank you for reviewing us!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I have three cameras set up and monitoring for my office as well as an apartment space. I had trouble with my camera’s not recording and I sent a request via my mobile app. A customer service representative named Nicole reached out quickly and fixed my problem within five minutes. I am so relieved. The installation of my cameras and system went on smoothly as well.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Heather Spergel, We are very happy to hear about this great and positive experience. More importantly, thank you for being a loyal Slomins customer since 2013!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I heard about Slomins Alarm System on the radio and I just gave it a call. For safety reasons, I decided to go through Slomins. Their customer service was good. Their rep set everything up and showed me how to get to everything. The system was really good. Everything was included and I appreciated it. The smartphone feature was good too. I have the camera. I wish it'd record things without me having to record it. But I like it.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Dear Natia Drake, thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback with us. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Slomins Alarm System is the best. It detects all the motions and so far, everything is working good. Their sales rep was great.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Maleik Mccormick, We appreciate the honest and positive feedback. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

So your people are good And being it was an upgrade I thought it would have been nice if my sensors were replaced being that they are 20 years old. Having said that it is no one's fault but mine. Your salesman has a job to do and I should have been more aware. Your installer #** was a pro who made it look easy and answered all my questions. You should be proud to have such a good employee. I know it is a business but having an existing system instead of a new install should have warranted a few new items beside smoke alarms.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Robert, thank you for your feedback. Please be aware should something go wrong you do have a 1 year warranty. If you ever need to contact us for assistance, Customer Service is available to you 24/7 and you can reach us by dialing 1-800-252-7663.

Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Our old home security system was outdated. It was through the phone lines and we weren't even using the alarm. I was always getting a trouble on the alarm and if the power went out and something happened with the phone line, then the alarm didn't work. We got Slomins and we have no problem with them. We were very interested after the representative explained everything. Then, everything with the installation went very smoothly. The guy was very nice and he knew what he was doing. I have my mother here at home who has dementia, and she was following him all over and asking him all kinds of questions, and he was very patient and polite with her. He was very good. The features that are offered in the system are very good as well. It is even a much more user-friendly system. And whenever we had a problem, we called the customer service, and they came right out.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Margaret Tryneskj, We are always happy to hear our customer's feedback and we thank you for trusting Slomins for your security needs!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I called the main number and spoke with a women named Joanne. I have two alarm systems and was having trouble with the app. She was short and rude with me from the beginning. I understand it may come easy to her but I was having issues. I run a large trucking company and for someone to be so rude it would not fly in my office. The people who installed the system were perfect. Joanne not so perfect.. Sorry Joanne!!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Susanne Snyder, We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience. We will contact you shortly for assistance.

Slomins Inc.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I had another alarm company prior to Slomins which was the first one and they sold out to another company. They never told me. So, when I had a problem one time, I called and they were not available. It was like a nightmare. Then I decided to get rid of them. I was without an alarm for two years until I was watching TV and I decided to give Slomins a try. They’re local. The technicians are all over here and all I had to do is call and they’re here for me. I love my alarm. Their reps are all amazing.

The people that came out to do the install were really very nice. I love technology but I’m not so good at it. So, they explained everything to me. I installed some cameras over here and I didn’t know too much about the cameras, and so my fiancé who's in the Middle East told me to send the information to him in order for him to verify to see everything was doing okay. The installer sent the information to Afghanistan. It was amazing. Everything was done exactly the way Eric wanted it. It was really amazing. And when the installer came over here, I didn’t have the one from the door. So, he was telling me and I said I wanted it. I am so grateful. And the cameras were beautiful. I am really very happy with the service from A to Z. It’s like they put all the great people and they put them to their company.

I was so satisfied and I was like so surprised because I didn’t know what I was getting into. I know we wanted the cameras, but my fiance and the installer got in touch with each other and I got exactly what we wanted and it was amazing. The system is amazing. I ordered something from Amazon, and I saw the guy coming in and he just came out here and put the package. Everything’s perfect. I check it in my phone. I’m waiting until Eric comes home so that we could put it in his phone, too. And I could not have a better service because Slomins tailor to my needs. Somebody sent in an email to Afghanistan just to make sure, “This is what we have and what we’re going to do.” That is over the step because I did not expected that. And Eric was so happy.

Slomins Alarm Systems response

Hi Maria Rivera, We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to hear about this positive experience!

Slomins Alarm Systems Company Information