SimpliSafe vs. Brinks
Find Home Alarm and Security Systems near you
When it comes to home security, SimpliSafe and Brinks are two well-known companies that offer a range of plans to choose from. Both companies offer 24/7 monitoring and professional installation, but the specifics of their plans differ. In this article, we will compare SimpliSafe and Brinks, examining their similarities and differences to help consumers make an informed decision when choosing a home security provider.
What is the difference between SimpliSafe and Brinks Home Security?
SimpliSafe and Brinks both offer great options for home security systems. Both have highly customizable equipment package options, but SimpliSafe offers two options for professional monitoring and Brinks only offers one. Although SimpliSafe has five packages and Brinks has three, Brinks does offer video doorbells in two of its packages. Both try to cater to customers’ varying budgets and provide several options so users can tailor plans to their needs.
- SimpliSafe is best for customers who are looking for multiple options for upfront pricing and monitoring and who may want to self-monitor the equipment.
- Brinks is best for those who are willing to pay more upfront and are looking for more equipment options, such as video doorbells.
|Company||Our pick for||Monthly cost||Installation cost||Contract length||Smart home compatibility|
|SimpliSafe||Self monitoring||$0 (unmonitored) to $27.99||Starts at $99||No contract||Siri, Alexa, Google Home|
|Brinks Home Security||Equipment options||$39.99 or $49.99||Depends on the package||At least 36 months||Siri, Alexa, Google Home|
Our take on SimpliSafe
- Affordable plans
- Highly customizable packages
- Simple DIY installation
- Upfront equipment costs
Bottom line: SimpliSafe has one of the most affordable home security system plans on the market. You do have to pay for the equipment, but packages are highly customizable, and the DIY installation is easy.
» EXPLORE: SimpliSafe reviews
Our take on Brinks
- Affordable options
- Product warranties
- Simple setup
- Compatible with smart-home tech
- Strict cancellation policy
- No cameras in basic package
Bottom line: Brinks offers technologically advanced systems at affordable rates. Although the cancellation policy could be better, we like its straightforward pricing and additional equipment options.
» EXPLORE: Brinks Home Security reviews
SimpliSafe vs. Brinks Home Security plans
SimpliSafe and Brinks Home Security are two popular home security system companies in the market. Both offer a range of products and services for protecting homes, including security cameras, motion sensors, and 24/7 monitoring.
While SimpliSafe is known for its easy DIY installation and affordable pricing, Brinks Home Security offers a more comprehensive system with professional installation and a wider variety of equipment options. SimpliSafe also offers a no-contract option, making it a great choice for those who want flexibility in their security system.
On the other hand, Brinks Home Security requires a contract and offers a longer-term commitment. Ultimately, the choice between the two will depend on individual needs and preferences, but both SimpliSafe and Brinks Home Security offer reliable options for home security.
|Number of packages||Equipment cost||Monthly cost||Installation methods||Connectivity||App||Warranty|
|SimpliSafe||7||$244.96 to $699.90||$0 (unmonitored) to $27.99||Professional installation optional||Cellular||Yes||2-month moneyback guarantee; 12-month limited warranty; lifetime limited warranty with monitoring service|
|Brinks||3||$436 to $803||$39.99 or $49.99||DIY, Professional installation optional||Wi-Fi, cellular||Yes||12 months|
SimpliSafe offers multiple home security and monitoring packages. Professional installation isn’t required, and the company has a variety of package options. With two 24/7 monitoring options, customers can choose self-monitoring or professional monitoring.
SimpliSafe offers five security system equipment packages and the option for customers to build their own package.
- The Beacon: The company's most robust package includes a base station, a keypad, two motion sensors, two wireless outdoor cameras and four entry sensors.
- The Haven: The Haven includes the base station, four entry sensors, a keypad, two motion sensors, a key fob, a siren, a panic button, a temperature sensor, a water sensor and a smoke detector.
- The Lighthouse: The Lighthouse comes with a base station, a keypad, a motion sensor, a wireless outdoor camera and three entry sensors.
- The Knox: The Knox includes a base station, a keypad, a key fob, six entry sensors, two motion sensors, a siren and a smoke detector.
- The Hearth: This package includes one base station, a keypad, a key fob, three entry sensors, one motion sensor, a siren and a smoke detector.
- The Essentials: This is SimpliSafe’s most popular package. It includes the base station, a keypad, three entry sensors and one motion sensor.
- The Foundation: The Foundation is SimpliSafe’s most basic equipment package. It includes a base station, keypad, one entry sensor and one motion sensor.
Brinks offers smart security packages and professional monitoring. Equipment can be installed by the customer or by a Brinks professional.
- Smart Security Essential: The Smart Security Essential equipment package with Brinks includes one control panel, one motion detector and two door sensors. Additional equipment and sensors can be added.
- Smart Security Complete: The Smart Security Complete package includes a control panel, a video doorbell, a motion sensor and two door/window sensors.
- Smart Security Ultimate: Brinks’ Smart Security Ultimate equipment includes a control panel, three door/window sensors, a video doorbell, one motion sensor and an outdoor camera.
How people feel about Brinks vs. SimpliSafe
According to verified reviewers on ConsumerAffairs, SimpliSafe receives mixed reviews. While many reviewers appreciate the system's easy installation process and mobile monitoring capabilities, others have experienced issues with equipment troubleshooting and subpar service from SimpliSafe's contract installers.
On the other hand, Brinks customers express satisfaction with the company's professional and friendly service, as well as the quality of their security system. However, some customers have expressed frustration with the time it takes to resolve issues, particularly due to long hold times on service calls.
Overall, both SimpliSafe and Brinks have positive attributes, but it's important for potential customers to weigh their options and consider their priorities before choosing a security system.
|Reviews||Positive mentions past 3 years||Negative mentions past 3 years|
|Brinks customer service||570 (38%)||926 (62%)|
|SimpliSafe customer service||21 (18%)||96 (82%)|
|Brinks technicians||549 (70%)||236 (30%)|
|SimpliSafe technicians||2 (29%)||5 (71%)|
|Brinks contracts||27 (13%)||182 (87%)|
|SimpliSafe contracts||2 (50%)||2 (50%)|
|Brinks installation and setup||240 (55%)||198 (45%)|
|SimpliSafe installation and setup||29 (73%)||11 (27%)|
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.