Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

1044 Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

Purchased fridge the Top of line according to the salesman ($3200) in Sept 2017. 15 Months later fridge stops working defrost, floods my floor, lost approx $290, Had to go buy a fridge off Craigslist for $450, 28 miles away (old fridge cold in 4 hours, works Great). Next Available appointment 30 days later, the tech comes out, replaces the compressor (every solder Job leaked, didn't vac system the last time), Stated will take 24-48 hours to get up to temp. 3 days later called repair Dept. The next scheduled date was 18 Days later. Monday 3/19, 3:23 I receive a call from the tech, has 2 more stops before me, calls back 15 minutes later, says not going to make it.

Call to reschedule (thinking the Next day. GOD NO). April 4, that is another 20 days. Customer service is USELESS. No one speaks Good English and do not care. Called corporate. Left message, USELESS!! Had a local Appliance guy come look (Cost $59), All he did was hooked up his gauges. Low side has a leak (no Freon). He has No interest in trying to fix someone else's mess. He would have to replace compressor $800, That isn't going to Happen!! Total cost as now is approx $989 that I have Lost. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE A APPLIANCE FROM SEARS!!! THEY DON'T CARE!!!

Original review: March 19, 2019

DO NOT USE SEARS FOR Appliance repair! I scheduled Refrigerator repair in Dec 2018, tech came, diagnosed and ordered parts. I paid my approx. $500 repair bill, then 3 months later the same problem returns. I called and Sears stated that the 90 day service guarantee had expired! My options are to schedule another service appt, however, I most likely would not get the same tech which is infuriating since that tech knows what he determined as the problem. The service tech scheduler actually said if I had bought an extended warranty at the time of repair, it would have been covered!!! That is a scam!

The frost build up that stops the fan takes more than 90 days to build up which conveniently lapses their 90 day 'guarantee'. Should be illegal! Absolutely the worst customer service arrangement I have ever experienced - this company needs to be held accountable! I would never treat customers like they do, they deserve bankruptcy at the very least! DO NOT BUY, OR SCHEDULE SEARS SERVICE. I will continue to share this rating everywhere I can and with everyone I know, Also, stay away from Samsung refrigerators!

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Purchased a Kenmore Elite (LG) refrigerator in May of 2015, purchased the extended warranty from Sears Home Warranty, first two years refrigerator ran great. May of 2018, our refrigerator went warm, it would stay warm for several days they get cold again. Called to have a Sears technician come out, which they did, but by the time they responded the refrigerator started working again, the technician after evaluating the refrigerator said there isn’t anything wrong with it and said, "If it happens again call us back" and charged me $75.00 service call even though I have the extended warranty.

Well approximately every 2 to 3 months after that the same thing would happen. I would call. A technician would respond and couldn’t find the problem. On or about 11/21/2018 it happened again. Yup right before Thanksgiving, called again. This time the technician responded when the refrigerator was warm, found the problem defective compressor, evaporators two of them, and a condenser. We had Thanksgiving dinner out of coolers and around 12/10/2018 the parts arrived and about a week later the technician arrived to repair the refrigerator at no cost to me but we lived out of coolers for 3 weeks.

Around February 2019 the refrigerator went warm yet again, called again but cancelled the call when the refrigerator started working again. (I already know what the technician is going to tell me.) March of 2019 yes it happened again, called for service. A technician responded, did his evaluation and determined that the compressor wasn’t working properly again and now a new problem, some other parts also needed replacing on my 3 year refrigerator. Couldn’t remember their proper names, when the technician called Sears Warranty they refused to authorize some of the parts needed to fix the refrigerator properly. I refused to have my refrigerator fixed half-**.

I called the claims department, talked to them and wanted them to review all of the claims I have submitted and wanted cash credit for this hunk of poop Sears calls a refrigerator, and they told me that if it’s fixable they will continue to fix it with authorized parts. I went out that day and purchased a new refrigerator, be certain it wasn’t a Kenmore or LG. I tried to cancel my extended warranty and I was told that "If you do cancel you either have to pay for all the repairs that were completed to your refrigerator or pay the remaining balance to your warranty." What a rip-off. Live and learn. I was told by a very wise man. My dad never get an extended warranty on anything. Once again I should of listened.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Sear Protection plans are completely worthless. We purchased a protection plan on a Samsung refrigerator when we purchased it from a Sears Outlet store. From the very first day the refrigerator would not work properly. I called the same day it was delivered as was told that because it was purchased from an Outlet Store that repairs would have to be covered by the protection plan. We have had Sears technicians to our home 8 times so far for the same issue, sometimes waiting weeks for an appointment. At one point we even gave up and suffered with the problem but once the problem began preventing the refrigerator from cooling again, we called Sears. The latest round of service calls has proven that Sears has no intention of honoring their protection plans and will do absolutely anything to prevent replacing an appliance per the protection agreement.

The issue is that the doors do not close properly or something in the electronics doesn’t recognize that the door is closed, therefore the refrigerator will not kick on to cool. We requested several service calls. With each call, a technician would make some adjustment and state that the issue was fixed. Within a week the issue would return. For months we endured having to close the door multiple times in order for the refrigerator to recognize the door was closed. Eventually, it stopped working altogether.

Service Calls: July 12th, 2017. August 24th, 2017. August 29th, 2017. September 5th, 2017. December 19th, 2018. February 26th, 2019. March 7th, 2019. March 12th, 2019. During the February 26th, 2019 service call we were told that they would need to order parts to address the problem. The parts arrived a couple of days later however the technician couldn’t be scheduled to return for another week. On March 7th, 2019 the technician replaced the parts, however, stated there was now a problem with the LEDs so he ordered more parts but that the door issue was fixed. (Before the technician arrived there was nothing wrong with the lights.) It was not.

I called as soon as I got home that evening and discovered that the door was still an issue only to be told that they could not have someone come back until the LED bulb has been delivered! I asked why would I have to wait for an LED bulb when that was not going to repair the door/cooling issue??? (Then once the technician did come back out, we would have to wait again for parts to come in.)

Today the technician arrived to install the LED bulb and troubleshoot the door once again. To our astonishment, the technician’s supervisor told the tech to order the exact same parts that they had ordered on February 26th. He informed my husband that they would be back March 21st to install them! So, we wait again for parts that already did not work the first time! It is painfully obvious that Sears has no interest in actually fixing the issue. When the technician recommended a new control board, my husband heard the supervisor during both the March 7th and March 12th appointments tell the technician no. However, they are willing to ordered cheaper parts that they already know will not fix the issue. I wonder if the Sears is going to continue to put off replacing the refrigerator or actually fixing it correctly until the warranty expires?

Original review: March 7, 2019

After 2 years and 6 months non-repairable leak of Freon - I have had no problem with my refrigerator and loved it. Then it started leaking water, called the repair and was told the leak would be very hard to detect and not worth repairing. Very disappointed with my purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Beginning in March 2018, when it was 2 years old, the freezer stopped working. 11 months, 9 service calls, 5 different "service technicians", and 4 new parts - no one knows what the problem is. Two weeks ago I was told they were sending an "expert" for a recall. I got yet another man who had no idea why he was here, wouldn't let me explain, and wouldn't look at my receipts for the history. My belief is that Sears has no intention of repairing or replacing this faulty appliance. My next step is social media then television and newspapers. I will show deceptive business practices, unjust enrichment and consumer fraud. Beware of Sears; their technicians are incompetent, their products can be faulty, and their promises and warranties are worthless.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Sears Technician damaged recently finished floor during service. I tried to reach Sears Customer Service via phone and email plenty of times and did not get a response. Aside from the fact that the technician said he never worked on a fridge like this before (it's standard Kenmore), he gave me incorrect information regarding whats going on. He said the plastic bucket piece in the back of the fridge cannot be taken out and if he does, it means he would break and we would need a new fridge (he tried to take it out for 30 min.). Then after couple more wiggles he took the piece out and handed to me to wash? After 3 hour ordeal, he damaged the floor while pushing the fridge back to where it belongs. Definitely not recommended.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I CALLED SEARS SERVICE DEPT ON 01/14/19 to schedule a appointment for repairs on a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator that was purchased on 06/15/16. The customer service rep states as soon as they can get here 01/25/19. She also sold me an extended warranty. Service person shows up and states it's the motherboard. The part will be delivered to me within 5-7 days, but he cannot return until 02/06/19. I'm irritated, but what choice do I have.

Service guy shows up with a sidekick on 02/06/19. The part he ordered is not correct. Now, I am livid. he proceeds to tell me he can not return for another 2 weeks on 02/20/19. I about lost my mind. I get on the phone and start calling phone numbers. I started with the service dept and on and on. I totally lost it. "They" didn't care. Finally, someone give me a appointment for Saturday, 02/16/19. Well, I received a email & a text message that my appointment has been canceled and I need to call to reschedule.

I am beyond mad. My family has been using my daughter's old dorm fridge from college. As soon as I can get appointment is 02/19/19. We have been without a fridge for a month now. I understand that the service repair company is contracted by Sears. It is quite obvious that Sears could care less about the customer by reading all over the complaints that are posted on this page. It's no wonder they ended up in bankruptcy.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My fridge was scheduled to be delivered on a Monday, I got a call saying the truck did not show up so they would deliver the next day. Tuesday it came but the men said it would not fit through my door so they never unloaded it and took it back. They just did not want to remove the doors so it would fit. When I called customer service they offered me a free home estimate on a household repair project. My door opening is 31 inches. The fridge without the doors was 30.47, so why would this not fit. Will never do business with Sears again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The tempered glass bottom shelf of my refrigerator shattered when I tried to clean it. I have had a Master Protection Plan for many years and parts were always covered. Now, they are telling us that this shelf is "cosmetic". It's the bottom shelf - over the 2 humidity controlled crispers. Without this shelf, the crispers don't have the humidity control feature. I also have no way to use an open "shelf"! If I were dumb enough to try to store anything there, everything would fall into the fruits and vegetables in the crispers. The Sears Protection Agreement has always covered parts. All of a sudden, they changed this on their customers.

Resolution response: Jan. 17, 2019

They replaced my refrigerator.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My problem has now been resolved, but I want to pass on info for anyone else who may be experiencing something similar with a Sears/Kenmore refrigerator in hopes of helping them get resolution too. I'm giving 2 stars instead of 1 since I was able to get it resolved. I purchased a Kenmore French door fridge from Sears in 4/2012. In 11/2013 the compressor failed and they reinstalled a new one under the 10 year compressor warranty. In 7/2014 the compressor failed again, it was again fixed under warranty. Fast forward to 12/2018, the third compressor failed, still under the 10 year warranty. LEMON!!

The warranty department wanted to charge me $100 diagnostic fee plus installation/labor, on something covered by warranty! I had the original manual/receipt which stated it would be repaired for free, this to me included labor as it had the first two times. I was furious and began researching until I found the following website **. On 12/16/18 I emailed the NCR email address listed on this website [ncr(at)sears(dot)com]. I explained my entire experience with the lemon I had purchased. On 12/18/18 I received an email from the Sears Executive Member Support team informing me that I had been assigned a representative and a case number. After a lot of back and forth with my representative (who took her sweet time responding to every call and email I sent) They finally agreed to replace the entire refrigerator!

PLEASE NOTE, this post probably makes it sound easier than it was. I was VERY persistent and made sure to reach out to my rep frequently. Also, when the service tech came to my house on 12/19/18 he suggested that I cancel my repair order since I was planning on disputing having to pay for ANY repairs or diagnostic fees. He made it clear to me that if I cancelled the repairs that day it would erase the entire service appointment and there would be no record that he was even at my house or what repairs were required. Knowing this, I took a photo of the estimate screen on his phone, which showed the parts that needed to be replaced (including the compressor), and the total costs of repairs. In the end this probably saved me another whole day of waiting for another service tech to come out to re-diagnose the fridge so they could prove that the compressor had failed again.

My family was without a refrigerator for the holidays, major pain. Finally on 1/3/19 my Sears rep called to tell me they would be replacing my entire fridge. I think she called it a one-time courtesy replacement. They gave me credit for the original purchase price of our old Kenmore fridge and I was able to shop online at Sears.com to chose a replacement of my choice, ANY BRAND. My budget was $1500 and if I picked a fridge over that price I would have to pay the difference. I steered clear of Kenmore and did my research until I settled on a Frigidaire Gallery. Also note, I felt like the reviews on their website may be skewed to the brands they want you to choose. The fridge I picked only had about 2 stars on their website but on other sites (Best Buy, Home Depot) it had over 4 stars. Research, research, research!!

AGAIN REMEMBER, I was SUPER persistent with them because I am well aware of the current state of business for Sears and I wanted to get this resolved ASAP while they are still in business! Also, I had documents backing up nearly all of my complaints/issues. I was also sure to get a delivery receipt emailed to me for our new fridge for proof of it being covered under warranty. If you are in the same situation that we were I hope this is helpful!! Good luck!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My refrigerator the Kenmore Elite is almost new compared to industry standards. The compressor is out and I’ve been without a refrigerator for over a month. They are telling me it will be another month to come back! Who in the world can live without a refrigerator? It’s under warranty and they are doing this! DO NOT PURCHASE APPLIANCES THROUGH SEARS OR KENMORE APPLIANCES IN GENERAL! Lowe’s or anywhere else is a better choice!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Purchased 10/2013. Suddenly in September 2018 not freezing or keeping items cold. Contacted Sears and was told I had a 4 year warranty, not the 5 year I had understood I had purchased. They said no problem, I could purchase the extended warranty at that time, so I did. Scheduled a appointment for diagnosis just over a week later. No problem to fix according to diagnosis tech but the only appointment available Oct 1, 2018. Have 5 people living in the home and really need a large refrigerator, but work with ice chests till that time. One month without a refrigerator at that point. Repairman comes out, replaces part, tells us it’s fixed, to wait 24 hours then use. Refrigerator not cold and even freezer not cold. Call back, they try and schedule recheck/diagnosis for November.

After multiple calls, I finally get an appointment the middle of October. We borrow a small temporary refrigerator and install it in the middle of the kitchen to get us through till the repair. The day arrives and nobody shows up during the scheduled time between 8 am and 12 pm. I call, they are going to be there within an hour. 4 hours later, I call again. Am told the tech is completing a job then he will be at my home. 2 hours after that, I call back and informed that I was his last scheduled visit of the day and that he has gone home now. They don’t know why, but I will have to reschedule. Nor can they tell me why I was his “Last scheduled visit of the day” when my appointment time was for scheduled 8 in the morning till 12:00 noon.

Again after a great deal of arguing and time spent on the phone, I get a new appointment that someone actually shows up for, and he takes apart the back of the refrigerator, cuts apart and welds things back together and again tells us the refrigerator is fixed, wait 24 hours then start using it again. Again, not cold and I can not understand why my refrigerator still was not working after replacing the malfunctioning parts on a relatively new refrigerator. Call for re-diagnosis of the problem. Again I have to make multiple calls to beg, plead and argue to finally end up with a appointment in the beginning of November. We have been through September, October and now going into November without our refrigerator.

Serviceman comes out, reports something leaked where it doesn’t belong with first repair and so replacement parts ordered and appointment scheduled for November 27th. But this time repairman tells us to call if parts arrive sooner. Parts arrive within the week, I call as instructed and I lose the appointment for the 27th. But I end up with appointments scheduled in December that no one shows up for, repeated canceled and rescheduled appointments that I’m only informed about through text messages if I’m informed at all. So now we have gone through Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years without our refrigerator.

Finally got them out on January 4th to replace the parts sitting in my kitchen since October and now the refrigerator works off and on and is leaking brownish black oil. Something it never did before. Called Kenmore and was told the original repair was done under a recall and then they connected me back with Sears who now set another appointment for January 18th 2019. September, October, November, December and now at the very least, most of January, just shy of 5 months without our refrigerator, waiting on Sears to fix what was supposed to be a simple fix on a 5 year old refrigerator they sold to us.

The Kenmore Elite 3 door maybe a lemon of a refrigerator but Sears is adding so much distress, agony and cost to the situation by botching the first repair, obviously having something go wrong during the second repair to not only have it work off and on, but to now leak oil. Then refusing to schedule appointments during all these months making us have to spend more on groceries every week because we have nowhere to put the quantity we need for a family of 5. On top of all that, having our holidays ruined because there is no way of preparing and preserving food without our refrigerator. My experience is that Sears is no longer a company who cares about the quality of their merchandise nor do they care about their customers. And I am not positive about the Kenmore but if I am forced to purchase another refrigerator, I can’t risk sinking that kind of money ($3000) into a refrigerator that seems to last only 5 years.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We have been Sears customers forever. My grandparents, parents, and ourselves going back as long as I can remember and I turn 60 in 2019. Sears used to be a trusted "worry-free" company. I can no longer support them as this company has lost the values that made them a great company. We bought a new refrigerator in July 2016, paid over $2500 and another $499 for the 3 yr Master Protection Agreement. Well last night, Dec 29, 2018 we realized the refrigerator and freezer were no longer cooling properly.

I tried to call service about 9:30 pm PST and after going through several prompts, a message came on. "This department is currently closed, you will need to call back later." That in itself was sort of expected, however, no mention of when they are open and when to call back? Strike 1. I guess we're supposed to read their mind? Finally reached a representative this morning, whom barely spoke English and had to repeat herself to us several times. Clearly this US company outsourced their Support to another country. Strike 2!

After several minutes of stupid, redundant questions, the rep finally agreed to schedule service, under the alleged "Worry Free" Master Protection Agreement. She came back 3 minutes later and told us they would have someone out on January 24th! Really? They can't find a technician for 26 days? It's not a vacuum or blender, it's the source of our cold food and drinks! STRIKE 3! I will NEVER buy another Sears product the rest of my life and I will NEVER refer family and friends. This company has filed bankruptcy and no longer honors their word or agreements. Do you plan on buying a Sears product? Keep looking or you will regret it like we do.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I bought a Kenmore refrigerator from Sears 3 months ago. I started having problems with it just over 30 days from the purchase so they wouldn't exchange it. I had to wait 3 weeks for a repairman, who supposedly fixed it. Then about 3 weeks later the refrigerator started having the same problem again. I was given an appointment and then on the day of the appointment Sears cancelled it at the last minute. It was rescheduled for almost 3 weeks later. When I called to find out why the appointment was rescheduled, I was first told they didn't have the parts needed to fix it. So, I asked how do they know what parts are needed if they never came. Then I was told they didn't have a repairman in my area available and I would just have to take the new appointment. This is completely wrong! The worst customer service ever.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Purchased a refrigerator Kenmore Elite from Sears. In less than 2 years the compressor went bad. Called Sears repair and they came, looked at it, had to order the compressor. 7 to 10 days out. After waiting 10 days get new compressor and repairman comes to hook new 1 up and that compressor was bad. So now we have had to order another compressor. 7 to 10 days out AGAIN! Been without a refrigerator for almost a month and customer service takes no responsibility and is not helping expedite this situation. I will never buy anything from Sears again or step in a Sears store again. And if anyone else has any sense they will not buy anything from Sears.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I bought the Kenmore Elite French door model. Paid nearly $3000.00 for it 27 months ago. On Dec. 4th 2018 the compressor stopped working. I contacted Sears to have a technician come out and repair it. The first technician said the compressor was no longer working. He replaced the compressor and left. The refrigerator never cooled below 57 degrees and the freezer only cooled to 27 degrees. I called Sears service again and they sent out a different technician who stated that the cooling coils had "oil" in them caused by the older compressor pushing the fluid into the coil. He told me he had to order the parts.

Well, it's now Dec 13th and no part. I called Sears and got quite the run around (transferred to different departments and having to go through the whole story of what I needed) before finding out that it would be December 20th before the technician is scheduled to return and install. It's a major headache buying ice daily to cover the food we rescued in ice chests. It's near Christmas and we have family coming in from out of state. So, I bit the bullet and bought a Whirlpool. Whenever Sears gets the Kenmore fixed...it's going to a family that needs one. Hope I'm not setting them up for a major headache down the road.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My tenant bought Kenmore refrigerator from Sears (I paid for it). Then in 1.5 years, the defrost control panel stopped working (an expert evaluated it for no charge). Sears offers $105 to just come to see the product they sold. Finally I spent $235 for parts and $225 for labor cost for a refrigerator bought 1.5 years ago. I tried to call Kenmore, however, Kenmore actually authorized Sears to deal with the product deficiencies with charge. No manufacturer warranty. Seems dealing with Kenmore and Sears is really dangerous.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I bought a brand new refrigerator which was less that a year old and the compressor failed. After being transferred four times I finally got some customer service rep who barely could speak English, then transferred to another CS rep who sounded like a 12 year old girl. According to Sears it's under warranty but it would take 7-10 business days before the part would come in. Based on these facts and pleading my case I was hoping that I get a replacement. Instead I was told that it would have to be fixed for the same issue 3 more times to qualify under the "lemon law" before it is replaced.

Then the person on the distant end had the nerve to suggest that I go out and rent another refrigerator at my expense until mine gets fixed. Considering Sears is like the Titanic and it's going down, my final word for all their employees: hope all of you got a life preserver because all the executives got the lifeboats. I truly believe in karma and what goes around comes around.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator from Sears, and paid extra for next day delivery. The delivery time was between 1 pm and 3 pm. At 3 pm the delivery driver called and said he needed to reschedule the delivery, the truck supposedly broke down. He wanted to reschedule for a week later. Now this would of be fine if I hadn't gotten rid of my old refrigerator already. Did not reschedule the delivery, instead I drove an hour back to the Sears store again, canceled the order and got my money back. I went and purchased a refrigerator from their competitor. Sears has real issue with the departments communicating, and losing customers, no wonder they are closing. In my opinion, don't buy anything from Sears anymore. They are not the same store they were 20 years ago. Sad, very sad.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Refrigerator stopped working. Called service department. Had an appointment scheduled. Day before, Sears called and said technician quit. Rescheduled appointment. Day of appointment Sears called and canceled saying that technician's truck broke down. Another appointment made about 3 weeks later. Not to mention, fridge is only 2 1/2 years old.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Our contractor bought a new fridge from Sears. He installed it but never turned it on. A little over a month later when our renovation project was done, we moved in. Turned the fridge on, there were condenser fan error codes and it wasn't cooling. Sears sent out a repairman who said they couldn't replace the fridge because it was over 30 days old. I explained to no avail that we only had it turned on for a week at most. He ground the condenser fan down so it would hit the housing. He left and our fridge still wasn't cooling. Had a new tech out today and she says they need to change the CPU board. Now we wait with a warm fridge for another part. All on a brand new fridge. They should have just replaced it for us when they needed to start throwing parts at a brand new fridge. Terrible company, buy your appliances elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Growing up, I can remember my family raving about the quality of Sears service and how I should never buy any appliances from anywhere but Sears. How the mighty have fallen... I purchased my latest (and final) appliance from Sears in Springs of 2017. Since that time, the product, a top of the line Kenmore refrigerator, has broken down three times (twice in the past month). Each time that I have had to have them come out to repair the refrigerator, they have to come out to diagnose the problem and have parts shipped to my home address, so they can come back and replace the part a week later. Each time they comes you have to take half a day off from work for them to show up during their hours of operation. So, literally, I've had to take 5 half days off over the past month.

For tonight's appointment, the Sears technician arrived at 4:20 PM to say that he couldn't work on the issue because the refrigerator was a closed system and they needed more time than he had since he had additional appointments after mine. When I told him to cancel the other appointments, he went out to his vehicle and proceeded to drive away. When I called him he refused to answer choosing to send me a text message saying that his tech manager said he couldn't do the work tonight and he would have to reschedule again so an appointment next month. This is completely ridiculous. At this point I'm ready to hire a truck and dump this thing off at one of their closing stores to warn everyone not to buy anything from them. No wonder they are going out of business. Do NOT do business with Sears and definitely don't buy their Protection Service Agreements.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I NEVER write reviews but for some reason I felt like I had to say something hoping that it'll help someone make the right decision and stay FAR AWAY FROM SEARS! Moved into house, bought 2800 refrigerator and it got lost for about a month. Finally received and it broke within first year. Warranty took over a month to fix. 8 months later breaks again. Takes 2 weeks to fix. 3 months later breaks again. Currently at 1 month with parts still haven't shipped. Every time you call the agents are worthless and say they can't tell you status of parts orders because they don't have the number to call. They keep saying just wait for parts to show up. I've grown use to the fact I have to buy a bag of ice every day on my way home from work to put in a cooler. I had faith in this company and that was my first mistake. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

On October 10th, 2018 I ordered a refrigerator online from Sears. My credit card was promptly charged. Delivery of the item was to be 12 November 2018. My current refrigerator was about to die and did on Friday 10 November 2018. The previous week Sears sent me emails building me up for the delivery of my refrigerator, telling me there were X many days left and how I can track the package. I arranged to have the time (unpaid) off from work so that I could be home for this delivery. I received a phone call at 9 am on 12 November from a Sue telling me that the refrigerator was not in the shipment and the next available delivery date is 31 December 2018. A month and a half away. I politely explained that this is unacceptable, I am without a fridge. She explains that she is only in the receiving dept and cannot help, she gives me another number to call who can assist.

I call that number and explain the whole situation again. This person cancels the delivery and tells me I can receive a refund in 7-10 business days! 7-10 business days. I am still without a fridge, I lost a day's wages and I have children to feed. Oh but I can wait until 31 December to get one, and I cannot purchase another one until my refund comes. They would not expedite my refund. They knew this was happening, if this was shipping from China there would have been an alert showing it was not on the boat or whatever means of transportation.

They waited until the day of delivery to call me! I am livid at their lack of communication, and their lack of action to try and make this right, other than me waiting another 45 days for delivery. I will NEVER have a kind word to say about this company. It's not a wonder now why they are going out of business. Shame on you. You should reimburse me for my lost wages. Perhaps you can tell my children why we will be eating a lot of rice this month.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

This company is terrible, this will be my last purchase. I went to the store in Poughkeepsie to put a fridge on layaway. Last week I made my last payment girl I asked the girl at the register if I should make my last payment here or in the appliance section. She said, “Let me see your receipt.” I showed it to her. She asked for the amount of my last payment and again I asked her about the delivery. She said, “I don’t know. Check with appliances”, I was like, “Really so why you took my payment if I was asking this in the beginning.” I went to appliances and they called the delivery department and said I had to wait 24hrs then call. So I waited until Monday which was 2 days later, when I called I spoke to a lady that told me the store still had a hold on the order. Hold on she will call them so I waited 10 mins, when she got back on the phone she said, “Ok the soonest we can deliver will be Saturday 11/3/18.”

I said, “That is fine.” She then said, “On Friday you will get a call with a 2hr delivery time frame.” Today is Saturday 11/3/18 and I didn’t get a call yesterday. So this morning at 7:30am I call the delivery number and they tell me that my order is still on hold and they can’t deliver it today and was told to call the store. I am so upset that I was not informed that the hold was never removed so that I follow up about it to insure my delivery is made. I am so frustrated I asked to speak with a supervisor and she was just as bad. I was explaining to her the issue and she was just saying what I needed to do. I told her she needs to train her staff better. She was terrible. I will do what I have to do to get my order and be done with the lack of customer service in this whole place!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My almost 70 year old mother's refrigerator stopped cooling and freezing in August after only 4 years. She has an extended warranty on it yet over 2 months and 5 repair visits later in what is now November she still does not have a working refrigerator. Call after call Sears continues to show that they truly do not care about their customers and I hope they do go out of business because it would be well deserved. The amount of money that has been wasted on food as the refrigerator began working for a day or two only to break down again is ridiculous. Each time they're schedule for a visit they've shown up hours late. For example, the last service window was 12-4 pm... at 645 pm they called to say they're on their way and would be there in 2 mins. And had the nerve to have an attitude about it as if we were inconveniencing them.

So with multiple health problems, diabetes, the need to refrigerate health related items as well as limited mobility, she continues to have to eat out every day because she doesn't have the ability to store food at home. Shame on Sears for taking money for warranties and then putting their customers through this. I guarantee you none of the leaders who think this is ok would think it's ok that their elderly parents remain without a fridge for so long... I doubt someone in the prime of their life in the best of health wouldn't think it's ok to be without a fridge for over 2 months.

The stress, additional expenses and time Sears has cost our family is nothing short of a company flat out saying "We do not care." Going about business this way is the reason its sales have tanked and customers are flocking elsewhere. Looking forward to what now appears to be their inevitable demise. Get out of the business game if you're going to treat your customers like garbage.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

April 22nd of last year. Quit working after about a year and 4 months. Compressor has a 10 year warranty but Kenmore now claims the fridge is irreparable because they cannot get a compressor. They put me on a hold time for repair which they told me is indefinite. I have an extended warranty and a factory warranty that are both not being honored and now have to take them to court just to get my money back or my fridge fixed.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I bought a Kenmore Elite (70343000) in May 2016. No problems until October 6, 2018, food start defrosting and stop cooling. Called got an appointment for Oct 9, technician arrived diagnose the problem that the compressor needed to be replaced. He ordered a new compressor that day, compressor arrived Oct. 26 to my home. Now I was calling from the 12th until 26th regarding getting my appliance fixed. That's a whole other review.

The technician came on the 27th. Install the new compressor. Told me to wait 24 hours before I go grocery shopping and put a bottle of water in the freezer. Well I let 24 hours passed, refrigerator still not cooling or freezing. I called on the 28th for another appointment and have one for today 30th. I'm very frustrated, to say the least. This refrigerator has an LG compressor in it and made by LG. In doing some research on this refrigerator I found out Sears has never made any of their appliance. I'm glad I have the extended warranty. I'm done with Kenmore!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought the refrigerator 10/7/2014. Within a year the entire back of the refrigerator in the inside was covered in ice and stopped working. I was 1 day out of warranty so Sears allowed me to purchase a one yr. warranty to cover the repair. Now Oct. 25, 2018 my refrigerator is DEAD. Since my refrigerator is 30 cu. ft I had a lot of food to put in ice chests. Sears could not send a repair person until the next day in the afternoon so I got a local repairman to come this morning. He said that Sears uses LG compressors and LG had had problems with them for years. He said that the compressor was warm but I didn't have any Freon to keep my fresh food and the freezer and the proper temp. He said it couldn't be fixed.

I looked in the owner's manual and saw the refrigerator had a warranty on sealed system for 5 yrs. from the date of purchase on the appliance against any defects in material and workmanship. I thought Sears would have a Sears compressor not an LG compressor in the refrigerator. Sears will not honor the warranty. I have to have a Sears repairman come and tell me again that my refrigerator can't be fixed with a service call for $99. I already had one serviceman for $50 tell me this. The repairman said Sears is using LG compressors even though they have had problems with them for years. If the Sears repairman sees the compressor is warm and doesn't have any Freon and can't be fixed they will give me 10% off on a new refrigerator.

I paid over $3,000 and it lasted 4 years only. I said this wasn't right since there was a warranty that covers this. My other option was I could pay $49 for 12 months and on the first month they would give me $500 toward a new refrigerator. Since Sears only carries refrigerators with LG compressors I wasn't interested in that either since it would cost me $99 for service call, $588 for insurance for $500 off a refrigerator. Makes no sense to me. This is my 2nd Sears refrigerator with a LG compressor in 14 years. So I went out and bought a GE refrigerator without a LG compressor. The repairman said to not buy Sears, LG or Samsung refrigerators since they all use the defective LG compressor. This is truly deceptive advertising of a product.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information