Sears Appliance - Refrigerators

Sears Refrigerators

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1026 Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I bought a brand new refrigerator which was less that a year old and the compressor failed. After being transferred four times I finally got some customer service rep who barely could speak English, then transferred to another CS rep who sounded like a 12 year old girl. According to Sears it's under warranty but it would take 7-10 business days before the part would come in. Based on these facts and pleading my case I was hoping that I get a replacement. Instead I was told that it would have to be fixed for the same issue 3 more times to qualify under the "lemon law" before it is replaced.

Then the person on the distant end had the nerve to suggest that I go out and rent another refrigerator at my expense until mine gets fixed. Considering Sears is like the Titanic and it's going down, my final word for all their employees: hope all of you got a life preserver because all the executives got the lifeboats. I truly believe in karma and what goes around comes around.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator from Sears, and paid extra for next day delivery. The delivery time was between 1 pm and 3 pm. At 3 pm the delivery driver called and said he needed to reschedule the delivery, the truck supposedly broke down. He wanted to reschedule for a week later. Now this would of be fine if I hadn't gotten rid of my old refrigerator already. Did not reschedule the delivery, instead I drove an hour back to the Sears store again, canceled the order and got my money back. I went and purchased a refrigerator from their competitor. Sears has real issue with the departments communicating, and losing customers, no wonder they are closing. In my opinion, don't buy anything from Sears anymore. They are not the same store they were 20 years ago. Sad, very sad.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Refrigerator stopped working. Called service department. Had an appointment scheduled. Day before, Sears called and said technician quit. Rescheduled appointment. Day of appointment Sears called and canceled saying that technician's truck broke down. Another appointment made about 3 weeks later. Not to mention, fridge is only 2 1/2 years old.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Our contractor bought a new fridge from Sears. He installed it but never turned it on. A little over a month later when our renovation project was done, we moved in. Turned the fridge on, there were condenser fan error codes and it wasn't cooling. Sears sent out a repairman who said they couldn't replace the fridge because it was over 30 days old. I explained to no avail that we only had it turned on for a week at most. He ground the condenser fan down so it would hit the housing. He left and our fridge still wasn't cooling. Had a new tech out today and she says they need to change the CPU board. Now we wait with a warm fridge for another part. All on a brand new fridge. They should have just replaced it for us when they needed to start throwing parts at a brand new fridge. Terrible company, buy your appliances elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Growing up, I can remember my family raving about the quality of Sears service and how I should never buy any appliances from anywhere but Sears. How the mighty have fallen... I purchased my latest (and final) appliance from Sears in Springs of 2017. Since that time, the product, a top of the line Kenmore refrigerator, has broken down three times (twice in the past month). Each time that I have had to have them come out to repair the refrigerator, they have to come out to diagnose the problem and have parts shipped to my home address, so they can come back and replace the part a week later. Each time they comes you have to take half a day off from work for them to show up during their hours of operation. So, literally, I've had to take 5 half days off over the past month.

For tonight's appointment, the Sears technician arrived at 4:20 PM to say that he couldn't work on the issue because the refrigerator was a closed system and they needed more time than he had since he had additional appointments after mine. When I told him to cancel the other appointments, he went out to his vehicle and proceeded to drive away. When I called him he refused to answer choosing to send me a text message saying that his tech manager said he couldn't do the work tonight and he would have to reschedule again so an appointment next month. This is completely ridiculous. At this point I'm ready to hire a truck and dump this thing off at one of their closing stores to warn everyone not to buy anything from them. No wonder they are going out of business. Do NOT do business with Sears and definitely don't buy their Protection Service Agreements.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I NEVER write reviews but for some reason I felt like I had to say something hoping that it'll help someone make the right decision and stay FAR AWAY FROM SEARS! Moved into house, bought 2800 refrigerator and it got lost for about a month. Finally received and it broke within first year. Warranty took over a month to fix. 8 months later breaks again. Takes 2 weeks to fix. 3 months later breaks again. Currently at 1 month with parts still haven't shipped. Every time you call the agents are worthless and say they can't tell you status of parts orders because they don't have the number to call. They keep saying just wait for parts to show up. I've grown use to the fact I have to buy a bag of ice every day on my way home from work to put in a cooler. I had faith in this company and that was my first mistake. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

On October 10th, 2018 I ordered a refrigerator online from Sears. My credit card was promptly charged. Delivery of the item was to be 12 November 2018. My current refrigerator was about to die and did on Friday 10 November 2018. The previous week Sears sent me emails building me up for the delivery of my refrigerator, telling me there were X many days left and how I can track the package. I arranged to have the time (unpaid) off from work so that I could be home for this delivery. I received a phone call at 9 am on 12 November from a Sue telling me that the refrigerator was not in the shipment and the next available delivery date is 31 December 2018. A month and a half away. I politely explained that this is unacceptable, I am without a fridge. She explains that she is only in the receiving dept and cannot help, she gives me another number to call who can assist.

I call that number and explain the whole situation again. This person cancels the delivery and tells me I can receive a refund in 7-10 business days! 7-10 business days. I am still without a fridge, I lost a day's wages and I have children to feed. Oh but I can wait until 31 December to get one, and I cannot purchase another one until my refund comes. They would not expedite my refund. They knew this was happening, if this was shipping from China there would have been an alert showing it was not on the boat or whatever means of transportation.

They waited until the day of delivery to call me! I am livid at their lack of communication, and their lack of action to try and make this right, other than me waiting another 45 days for delivery. I will NEVER have a kind word to say about this company. It's not a wonder now why they are going out of business. Shame on you. You should reimburse me for my lost wages. Perhaps you can tell my children why we will be eating a lot of rice this month.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

This company is terrible, this will be my last purchase. I went to the store in Poughkeepsie to put a fridge on layaway. Last week I made my last payment girl I asked the girl at the register if I should make my last payment here or in the appliance section. She said, “Let me see your receipt.” I showed it to her. She asked for the amount of my last payment and again I asked her about the delivery. She said, “I don’t know. Check with appliances”, I was like, “Really so why you took my payment if I was asking this in the beginning.” I went to appliances and they called the delivery department and said I had to wait 24hrs then call. So I waited until Monday which was 2 days later, when I called I spoke to a lady that told me the store still had a hold on the order. Hold on she will call them so I waited 10 mins, when she got back on the phone she said, “Ok the soonest we can deliver will be Saturday 11/3/18.”

I said, “That is fine.” She then said, “On Friday you will get a call with a 2hr delivery time frame.” Today is Saturday 11/3/18 and I didn’t get a call yesterday. So this morning at 7:30am I call the delivery number and they tell me that my order is still on hold and they can’t deliver it today and was told to call the store. I am so upset that I was not informed that the hold was never removed so that I follow up about it to insure my delivery is made. I am so frustrated I asked to speak with a supervisor and she was just as bad. I was explaining to her the issue and she was just saying what I needed to do. I told her she needs to train her staff better. She was terrible. I will do what I have to do to get my order and be done with the lack of customer service in this whole place!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My almost 70 year old mother's refrigerator stopped cooling and freezing in August after only 4 years. She has an extended warranty on it yet over 2 months and 5 repair visits later in what is now November she still does not have a working refrigerator. Call after call Sears continues to show that they truly do not care about their customers and I hope they do go out of business because it would be well deserved. The amount of money that has been wasted on food as the refrigerator began working for a day or two only to break down again is ridiculous. Each time they're schedule for a visit they've shown up hours late. For example, the last service window was 12-4 pm... at 645 pm they called to say they're on their way and would be there in 2 mins. And had the nerve to have an attitude about it as if we were inconveniencing them.

So with multiple health problems, diabetes, the need to refrigerate health related items as well as limited mobility, she continues to have to eat out every day because she doesn't have the ability to store food at home. Shame on Sears for taking money for warranties and then putting their customers through this. I guarantee you none of the leaders who think this is ok would think it's ok that their elderly parents remain without a fridge for so long... I doubt someone in the prime of their life in the best of health wouldn't think it's ok to be without a fridge for over 2 months.

The stress, additional expenses and time Sears has cost our family is nothing short of a company flat out saying "We do not care." Going about business this way is the reason its sales have tanked and customers are flocking elsewhere. Looking forward to what now appears to be their inevitable demise. Get out of the business game if you're going to treat your customers like garbage.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

April 22nd of last year. Quit working after about a year and 4 months. Compressor has a 10 year warranty but Kenmore now claims the fridge is irreparable because they cannot get a compressor. They put me on a hold time for repair which they told me is indefinite. I have an extended warranty and a factory warranty that are both not being honored and now have to take them to court just to get my money back or my fridge fixed.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I bought a Kenmore Elite (70343000) in May 2016. No problems until October 6, 2018, food start defrosting and stop cooling. Called got an appointment for Oct 9, technician arrived diagnose the problem that the compressor needed to be replaced. He ordered a new compressor that day, compressor arrived Oct. 26 to my home. Now I was calling from the 12th until 26th regarding getting my appliance fixed. That's a whole other review.

The technician came on the 27th. Install the new compressor. Told me to wait 24 hours before I go grocery shopping and put a bottle of water in the freezer. Well I let 24 hours passed, refrigerator still not cooling or freezing. I called on the 28th for another appointment and have one for today 30th. I'm very frustrated, to say the least. This refrigerator has an LG compressor in it and made by LG. In doing some research on this refrigerator I found out Sears has never made any of their appliance. I'm glad I have the extended warranty. I'm done with Kenmore!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought the refrigerator 10/7/2014. Within a year the entire back of the refrigerator in the inside was covered in ice and stopped working. I was 1 day out of warranty so Sears allowed me to purchase a one yr. warranty to cover the repair. Now Oct. 25, 2018 my refrigerator is DEAD. Since my refrigerator is 30 cu. ft I had a lot of food to put in ice chests. Sears could not send a repair person until the next day in the afternoon so I got a local repairman to come this morning. He said that Sears uses LG compressors and LG had had problems with them for years. He said that the compressor was warm but I didn't have any Freon to keep my fresh food and the freezer and the proper temp. He said it couldn't be fixed.

I looked in the owner's manual and saw the refrigerator had a warranty on sealed system for 5 yrs. from the date of purchase on the appliance against any defects in material and workmanship. I thought Sears would have a Sears compressor not an LG compressor in the refrigerator. Sears will not honor the warranty. I have to have a Sears repairman come and tell me again that my refrigerator can't be fixed with a service call for $99. I already had one serviceman for $50 tell me this. The repairman said Sears is using LG compressors even though they have had problems with them for years. If the Sears repairman sees the compressor is warm and doesn't have any Freon and can't be fixed they will give me 10% off on a new refrigerator.

I paid over $3,000 and it lasted 4 years only. I said this wasn't right since there was a warranty that covers this. My other option was I could pay $49 for 12 months and on the first month they would give me $500 toward a new refrigerator. Since Sears only carries refrigerators with LG compressors I wasn't interested in that either since it would cost me $99 for service call, $588 for insurance for $500 off a refrigerator. Makes no sense to me. This is my 2nd Sears refrigerator with a LG compressor in 14 years. So I went out and bought a GE refrigerator without a LG compressor. The repairman said to not buy Sears, LG or Samsung refrigerators since they all use the defective LG compressor. This is truly deceptive advertising of a product.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We purchased 4 large ticket items just before Labor Day, 2 items were delivered at the end of September. We have attempted to cancel the items that have not been delivered and we have been getting the runaround for 3 weeks. No one seems to be able to cancel the order, refund our money, we keep getting sent to the warehouse. I am really sorry I did not just go with the local appliance store. Even if they survive this bankruptcy, I will never shop with them again, this is the most horrible customer service I have ever seen.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Purchased a Kenmore Elite side by side 2 years and 4 months ago. Came home 9/28 to find everything had defrosted. Called Sears, we both agreed it was probably the compressor (which is covered for 5 years, but labor is not $420). 10/9 was the earliest appt. Repairman does not bring any parts. Orders parts, sets up service call 10/23. Receive 2 boxes last week, call and they say 2 more coming. So tomorrow's appt is cancelled and here I live without a fridge for another how ever many weeks. Never never ever will I buy from Sears again. They used to be awesome. Oh and the repairman who told me even if he had the part, it takes 3 hours to install and he had 10 more appts after me. I found him asleep in his Sears van 1 hour later at the end of my street.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I have a Kenmore refrigerator model 795-72059-110 (French doors bottom freezer). It was purchased on 2013 at Sears. This refrigerator is being recalled and there are thousands of postings on the web about the failures and reliability of the LG/Kenmore products. It took two weeks for Sears technician to come to the house and evaluate the failure. Not knowing that this model is under a recall and technician failed to mention it. Sears Tech gave his assessment and order parts (condenser coil, service valve, and filter dryer) to repair the unit. It will take another two weeks for Sears tech to make another round and repair the fridge.

At this time, I been without a fridge for almost three weeks and adding two more for the Sears tech to complete the repair. I called a local appliance repair specialist (Golden BayTech) to get a second diagnose on failure. After $125 service call, we had a complete different diagnostic failure. Golden BayTech (**) diagnostics was: - Refrigerator compressor ($399) (10 yr warranty), - Refrigerator condenser coil ($96.49) (7 yr warranty), - Service valve ($24.66) pipe corroded, poor workmanship, - Filter Dryer ($46.66) pipe corroded, poor workmanship, - Refrigerator evaporator (freezer) ($118.25) (7 yr warranty), - Refrigerator evaporator (fresh food compartment) ($109) (7 yr warranty).

The price above doesn’t include labor work, estimated times 5 hours to place all component on the refrigerator. Sears technician never listed on his diagnostics: the compressor (main failure on this models), evaporators (top and bottom) He never mentioned all parts on this model have 7 to 10 years warranty. Sear’s tech express the compressor was working fine. However, Golden BayTech was able to diagnose the compressor wasn’t working in seconds by applying Freon to the compressor and it didn’t take the Freon.

After spending many hours online to figure out the cause of the failure, I came across many forums posting on the LG/Kenmore refrigerator displeasure and Sears tech services. Sears/LG-Kenmore is playing hardball with customers because they don’t want to repair/upgrade refrigerators that are on the field. I’ve lost hundreds of dollars’ worth of food most had to throw out and know I’m leaving of an ice cooler losing food and purchasing ice every day. I’ll never purchase an LG/Kenmore products again. I want to know where is a lawyer when you need one to get class action lawsuit going.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Oct 2015 purchased Kenmore Elite Refrigerator. Late August 2018 - stopped freezing and making ice. Early September- all tips on website tried, water filter and air filter changed with no results. Sears repair service called. September 10- technician came and defrosted the freezer element. September 11 - still no results and repair service called. September 27 - earliest appointment avail. Technician came and ordered new part, earliest service appointment given was October 22. Meanwhile freezer and refrigerator stopped cooling/freezing. Repeated calls to Sears service line have resulted in no resolution! It appears the service department is outside the US! I have lost hundreds of dollars worth of food, plus an undetermined amount of frustration. I will never buy from Sears again. It’s no wonder they are bankrupt.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Apparently this is a common issue with Kenmore fridges that are built by LG. The Linear Compressor will fail so the no cooling. There are reports on this all over the internet. This repair is so common it takes a week or more to get a replacement part never mind the cost that is going to be about $850 plus the bad food as a result. Wish I had seen them before I paid $1700 for this side by side fridge. Model number is 79551833410. Contacted Sears and took forever to get a person plus they are in India so hard to understand. Had better luck calling Kenmore and they are in the US so easier to understand. However they will do nothing to help. Just want to try and sell you a warranty. Warranty is about the same cost as or more as the repair so not worth it in my opinion. You would think in this day and age they would know about this and at least offer to help with some of the cost of this common issue. Will never buy another Kenmore or LG product again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Purchased a top of the line Sears Kenmore Elite Refrigerator in summer of 2017 WITH extended warranty. Compressor went out this July and took almost 2 months to get parts and repaired. Food loss up to $300 supposed to be covered BUT they fail to tell you that you MUST file within 14 days of the unit being fixed AND they do not cover condiments. So our almost $900 worth of food was paid out at $199. Questions to Customer Service results in us being told “read your contract” and “sorry, too late - the claim has been closed!” This despite the major inconvenience, loss of money and HOURS of working with Sears to get unit repaired. Then the service technician told me, “don’t expect it to last over 7 years!” Our advice - stay away from Sears refrigerators and their less than customer service staff.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

May 2015 Purchased the Kenmore Elite for $2900 with warranty that is the concern now. Now awaiting the third computer board to be replaced. It is 36 cubic feet since I cook for a lot of people. I hope that this synopsis shows a pattern to you of Sears appliances that have computer boards that burn up!!! Moving ahead with the current problem. My Sears Kenmore Elite is currently not working, and the next new part is scheduled to arrive on September 27th. At that point the $2900 unit in my kitchen will have not worked for 56 out of the last 92 days. Please indulge me as I provide details of my experience with Sears Master Protection Agreement. I want you to understand that the dates here do not represent the hours I have spent on the phone with the service people. The phone representatives are patronizing and sympathetic ad nauseam. However, they do nothing to actually help.

They will not transfer to any supervisor if requested. If I express my frustration and anger, which I always qualify as saying I know it is not their fault, they hang up on me. This has happened several times. If they say they are transferring you, most likely you will be cut off and must start the call over again. They tell me they have no way to call back if we are cut off and I have no way to reach the same representative about an issue, who may already be familiar with the case. The only way to reach a person in authority is to send snail mail to corporate headquarters. No one at the service center, no one by phone, fax or email. In short, the telephone representatives: Do not have level of authority to resolve my concern. Do not have level of knowledge to understand the problem. Provide insufficient information. Did not resolve my issue. Can offer no recourse for dissatisfaction.

The repairman who have been here are clearly very unhappy with their overloaded work schedule. I can’t blame them. They work long hours 6 days a week. The repairman come to your home but are ill prepared to fix the problem on a first visit since they do not have replacement parts. The Kenmore Elite has a widespread reputation for the computer board problem, and they have many customers with the same problem. Therefore, why wouldn’t Sears have these parts immediately available so that customers don’t have to wait 2-3 weeks to have refrigerator working again? Particularly since they are supposed to be diagnosing the problem by phone. I have the Kenmore Connect feature on the refrigerator also, that contributes to its high cost, so why is it not used to save repair time?

Here is the timeline: May 10 - Had the annual preventive maintenance done on the refrigerator. After the man worked on it the refrigerator made different noises. He specifically stated that the compressor was good and that was important. June 24 - First call for service for non-working refrigerator. I was offered an appointment for 2-3 weeks later in mid-July. I do not have the original schedule date. Did steps on the phone to ‘diagnose’ the issue which Sears promotes as good service. June 25 - Requested authorization for outside repairman to provide service under the Master Protection Warranty due to length of time without a refrigerator. Was referred to another phone number and did receive authorization. However, I learned from the other repairmen who I contacted that they will not work on the Sears Elite because it can rarely be fixed, and the parts are likely impossible to obtain. And it could void my warranty.

Coincidentally I had a Sears repairman scheduled to come to fix my 19+ year old Whirlpool refrigerator that was in the basement. That refrigerator was also purchased at Sears in 1999. Since the kitchen refrigerator took priority I used that appointment for this kitchen refrigerator. I elected then to use a NON-Sears repairman to fix the basement refrigerator. He came within the week. There were several days that I both refrigerators broken. June 27 - Case # ** First Sears repairman appointment. Diagnosed computer board as the problem. This older repairman ordered a replacement computer board, in doing so he advised us that with this model of Kenmore Elite has this problem frequently and that typically the compressor will go bad also due to the computer failure.

When queried about the delay in appointments he complained about the short staffing, something in this location like 30 current employees that used to be over 100. He also informed that the Kenmore Elite refrigerator has many known issues that are unresolvable. July 18 - Older Service man installed the computer board. Within a few days the refrigerator started making new noises that it never made before. Water started leaking out from the bottom. August 28 - Fridge not working again. Call to request service for non-working fridge again offered an appointment 2 weeks out or so, I can’t remember exactly what was available. Called multiple times to complain about the wait and was put on a wait list for an earlier appointment.

August 30 - Young repairman came and said the wrong computer board was ordered by the first guy. He ordered a different one. September 12 - Case # ** Computer board installed, by older service man. Apparently even though he knew it was the wrong board. Within 3 hours the refrigerator stopped working. Per the request of the service representative I disconnected from power 3 times and restarted each time same thing happened, in about 3 hours. The refrigerator never got called. Called for another service appointment.

September 15 - Case # ** Older repairman came back and said the younger ordered and replaced with the wrong computer board. This repairman said that the parts come from an Ohio location staffed by minimum wage people who do not have the proper training concerning parts. The information they have on the replacement computer board is incorrect. They are supposed to refer to a different resource to find out the correct part, but they don’t know to do so. The new and younger repairman didn’t know this, and he ordered the wrong part and put it in the refrigerator. So - in our situation, since the older man did order the correct part in June that was replaced in July and the appliance still did not work - it seems to me that the compressor is the part that went out in the first place.

So, I asked the older repairman to please order the compressor as well to prevent me from having to wait another month before my refrigerator works with two more delayed visits for repairs. He said he was not permitted to do that. September 27 - Scheduled to come back and replace the computer board. With the same one that was put in as replacement on July 18. This older repairman did advise me to call Sears Master Protection and tell them that I am documenting three completed service orders with three separate case numbers. Ask, on this refrigerator because at what point will they stop repairing the same unit and replace per the Protection Agreement as another lemon.

I would like it noted that for these FIVE APPOINTMENTS, either my husband or I must take off work or clear something from our schedules to accommodate. This is quite an inconvenience. Today I tried make the call as suggested. I have many numbers that I have been given over these months to try to get help. Food Loss - 800-827-6655, 800-927-7836. Home Warranty - 855-256-2467. Direct - 800-927-7836, 800-827-6655. Benefits Admin - 800-376-0557, 800-893-1780.

I started calling around 10 am Eastern time. I am not sure which number I called first. I proceeded through the menu hoping to choose the right option to get to a person. I was on hold for about 10 minutes. I had to hang up to take another phone call. Called a second number, again navigating extensive menu and long hold times, waited 15 minutes. Called a third time, waited 30 minutes and finally got an answer. 11:20 to 11:30 am Julius, Employee number **. Foreign accent and difficult to understand Explained the situation that I wanted to document 3 completed cases and wanted to talk with someone who could authorize the compressor to be delivered prior to the September 27 appointment to prevent delay of the, more than likely, repair needed. 11:30 - 12:14 Transferred to benefits administration, 800-376-0557 Mariah Employee # **.Verified with Mariah the separate case numbers and explained the problem.

Long call, she had to keep putting me on hold. She was as helpful as she could be. I was overly polite since I did not want to risk being hung up on. I asked for her number in case we got disconnected and she couldn’t give me one to reach her. I asked for the number she was transferring me to and the extension. She assured me that she would be on the phone to connect me to the right person. She said there was no extension number needed. Gave me this number **8 to the McClellan Repair Dept. The call disconnected and no transfer. 12:14 - 12:25 Called the above number after unsuccessful direct transfer of the call. Listened to a long menu of extensions referred to only by sets of numbers. Hung up not knowing what to do. Called back again and randomly selected extension 05 - this go me to Raquel This person was helpful, she was in Texas. She told me that she could do nothing to help. Honest at least.

This number was parts dispatch for technicians. I think she transferred me to Sonny. 12:25 – 12:33 Sonny Employee # ** Advised me to call the Direct repair department. He gave me two numbers ** or **. 12:33 - 12:55 Spoke to Jana, also foreign accent and difficult to understand, she said she was not permitted to give an Employee #. She kept putting me on hold. I asked for a call back number to her in case of disconnect or if she would call me back in that case of disconnect. She told me repeatedly that I could not call her back directly and they have no way to call out.

After several requests she did give me an extension to reach her ** at **. She checked to see if she could order the compressor for me. But learned that if she ordered it would not be covered under the warranty. She said she checked with the Repair parts department. The part can only be ordered by a technician. So, we continue to wait for September 27th and will most likely continue to have non-working refrigerator at that time. Total time 3 hours - no resolution of problem, additional 2 hours to collect and organize the information in this letter.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Terrible service. We are going to cancel our Sears account and stop shopping there. They are going out of business anyway, and there is no wonder why. Terrible, Less than a year old refrigerator stopped working. Threatened by repairman to buy warranty or else... Tried to get help with customer service and was transferred around, promised a call back (didn't happen) and referred to corporate who hung up on me. No more Sears! Too bad.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Kenmore Elite 4-drawer model 79572483411 purchased 12/21/2015, it failed entirely 2 years & 8 months from date of purchase (entire sealed system & tubing). $3,200 purchase price. Also, we purchased a Sears Master Protection Agreement to cover the costs of repair. Well, we have learned it is a scam. Here is the problem - the technicians are not readily available (waited 10 days for the first diagnostic service call); then you will wait another week or two for the parts to arrive (9 parts in our case); then we waited another week for the technicians to install the parts (7.5 hours in the middle of our kitchen using 2 copper soldering torches which resulted in our HVAC systems to become overwhelmed).

I'm not done, I suffered severe headaches during the repair process and the next day & I rarely get headaches. Of course the repair attempt failed epically. As of this writing, there are now 3 technicians from Sears here- they are baffled & suspect a leak in the cabinet of the refrigerator. This will require them cutting into the body (metal cabinet) of our refrigerator, in the middle of our kitchen.

Sears Master Protection Plan "benefits administrators" have refused to honor the "lemon clause" that would provide us with a replacement voucher (a new refrigerator). Here is why they are refusing: the technicians are rewarded via a point system and the number of repair calls they make; the Sears MPP benefits administrator will NOT declare an appliance under the lemon clause unless the Sears technicians approve it as a DOA unit & unable to repair. The Sears Tech manager is also penalized for not being able to repair.

These two departments are working in concert to block the lemon clause of the Sears Master Protection Plan. Sears will not haul the refrigerator away for repair, so my kitchen continues to serve as the repair shop where they are once again using soldering torches, Freon & other chemicals that are freely escaping into our home HVAC system. Not a healthy environment and totally unacceptable in one's home!

We have been without a refrigerator for more than 3 weeks with NO solution in sight. My humble advice - do not waste your money on the Master Protection Agreement where a refrigerator is concerned. Sears shows NO sympathy for the customer, simply they DO NOT CARE about the damage to your kitchen or your living environment.

In conclusion, their goal is to drag out the repair process, and delay delay delay, and destroy your health & home by using your kitchen as the repair shop. Their goal is to get the consumer to walk away from the Sears Master Protection Plan Agreement altogether. Why? They are being overwhelmed with these types of refrigerator failures - this is a Kenmore Elite, but LG guts. LG has been sued in several class action suits regarding the same issues we are having with our refrigerator. Sears is in financial trouble, they most likely cannot easily make any more claims under the insurance policy covering our Master Protection Plan Agreement.

At some point, we will seek legal assistance to help us through a proper resolution. Or we will cut bait and chalk it up as an expensive lesson. My 86 year old mother will be spending the winter with us in November, it will need to be resolved by then - Lastly, we will NEVER purchase another appliance or ANYTHING from Sears ever again. They have successfully damaged their reputation.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

My son bought me a fancy great looking counter depth French style Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Sears. It's 3 years old and the compressor has gone out twice. Really? How is that possible? I've called Sears since it's supposedly under warranty, but in Austin the wait for a service appointment is 3-4 weeks. How do you live w/out a refrigerator for 3-4 weeks. When an appliance technician arrives he says, "Oh I need to order parts or a compressor." Well that's on back order for 2-3 months. My model #74043, but I don't think it matters. I called other independent appliance repairmen only to hear, "Oh it's the compressor, I don't work on those", or other non helpful replies. I called the salesman I've used to buy appliances for many years... He no longer works there. As a long time Sears customer I'm through. No more purchases from Sears, it's too aggravating & the appliances are no longer reliable.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

After he left I stepped on a screw on the floor. I asked him to fix it and he said it was extra and left. Then, I saw where it belonged and had to chase him 5 blocks to come back and fix it. After he left again, I went put things away in my freezer and parts started to fall off. He had not reassembled the parts correctly. Sears warranty does not send out Sears repair people!!! They choose the cheapest repair place in town who don't know much about Sears appliances. The warranty management company doesn't have much to do with Sears either. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE SEARS NAME.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

It says they will replace broken products after three service calls. Turns out it is four per their service representatives. Deception. They also are supposed to cover loss of food, they told me to fill out the online form. No response. I called service, just lip service. We bought a Samsung refrigerator from Sears two years ago (BIG MISTAKE! Don't but LG or Samsung refrigerators, stick to TVs and Monitors) and we didn't realize the temperature was fluctuating because the thermometer on the dash is wrong, broken or outright bullcrap. In any case we've been food poisoned and had lots of spoiled food. So we put our own thermometer in and voila, we could see what was really going on. The fridge is complete and total garbage. Even the service techs from Sears say so. Never buy low energy consumption fridge if you can help it. They are the biggest problems. This model pulls cold air from the freezer. You don't want that.

Ultimately I've been learning a ton about these appliances and have learned that Sears (as many companies these days) knowingly sell garbage products. Their technicians take 2-3 weeks to come out for repair, then have to order a part which takes almost a week to show, then you have to schedule an appointment, you guessed it 2 to 3 weeks out. That is almost 2 months with no refrigerator! Anyone who thinks a refrigerator is just a convenience hasn't lived without one unless they have snow outside where the rats can chew on your food. That said, we had to buy a used fridge in the garage until we get this issue hammered out. This service protection agreement for $655 a year was NOT worth it. I highly recommend you go elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I bought a repair protection agreement for my Kenmore refrigerator after the one year warranty expired because the unit already had serious problems during its first year. The refrigerator and freezer stopped cooling shortly after I purchased the repair agreement, but I couldn't get an appointment for a service person to come until two and a half weeks later! Naturally, all my food rotted. On the day of the appointment, I got a call saying the repair person couldn't come and the next appointment couldn't be arranged for another two weeks. So, I will not have anyone look at a totally broken refrigerator/freezer for almost five weeks and who knows how long it will be after that before the unit is fixed? The repair protection agreement does not tell you how long it takes to get an actual person to come and fix your unit. This is truly deplorable service. I will never buy a Sears product or protection agreement from them again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Purchased a new refrigerator in May. Delivered in June. Icemaker not working properly, called early Aug. Repair scheduled Aug. 10... Parts had to be ordered and work scheduled Aug. 22. That was a long time, I thought. Aug. 21 Sears called me to say parts on back order until Sept. 24. Spoke to a manager... No change. Received email stating new date of Sept. 1. Thought my complaint may have worked. Aug. 31, phone call, parts on back order until Sept. 24. Spoke to a manager who advised that was when the parts would be shipped. It would be another 7-10 days before repair scheduled. Both times I called I requested they take refrigerator back and exchange it. They do the repairs and sell it as refurbished. Both times told no.

Last time was advised after 30 days from the date Sears was notified by their supplier that part was back ordered, then they would consider replacing the entire unit. Since my part is not even due to be in until after that 30 day period, I requested they replace the unit again. They again refused. This is Sears service, NOT customer service. I will never, ever, ever again purchase from Sears. And on 9-11, 30 days from the date they were notified of back order, I will be calling and expect satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator from them on Aug. 23, 2018 with a delivery date of 9-5-2018. Delivery was never made, I called at the delivery time to be told I was #15 and they had just delivered #14 and were on their way. I emptied my refrigerator and moved it so when my new one got there it would be easier to load everything in it. It never arrived. Several phone calls and many lies later I still do not have it. Yesterday I cancelled the order and the lady said... "You can go onto your Sears account after we hang up and see your order is cancelled...and a refund will be issued in 7-10 days." Well I didn't check last night but when I checked today my order still hadn't been cancelled. I am disputing the charges through my credit card...but they have lost me as a customer forever and I will tell everyone about this terrible experience. I only wish there was a -5 star rating to give them. It was a horrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I placed an online order for a fridge and it was returned but I have not receive a refund. I've called Sears about 20 times or more (not even exaggerating) and told them about it and they kept telling me that the amount will be refund in about 72 hours. CLEARLY IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN 72 HOURS!! And yet I still have not receive it. I am extremely upset about this and I will never buy from Sears ever again!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We have been waiting for over a month since the last repair which they had all the parts. They did not use all the parts the first time and the refrigerator lasts less than 24 hrs. We called and schedule an appointment and they reordered the same parts which we had to wait again and now today the canceled the appointment and rescheduled for next week. We have been without for over a month. These people are a real joke. They have a call center that must be in India because you can barely understand them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I ordered a fridge marketed as brand new on the Sears website to be delivered in 2 days. By Monday night when I had not heard anything I called in to find out they were not delivering in their guaranteed time frame because they didn't even have the product. I was told that the delivery time fee would be refunded after the delivery. Then the day of I was told several times my fridge would be delivered around 6 and my delivery window is from 4:15-6:15. Additionally I should be getting a call when the drivers are 30 minutes out. At 2:59 I get a call saying they are knocking on my door but I'm not answering. Later I receive a text saying they are going home and will not be delivering my fridge today.

I had to raise hell and leave work early to force them to deliver the fridge. When they finally deliver they scratched several of my walls. And it has become obvious they delivered a show room (not new) or refurbished fridge as several pieces are missing in addition to the seal being warped which I told the representative on the phone after the delivery. Additionally, the driver had me sign to say the fridge was delivered on his phone and said that's all I had to do then he goes through the rest of the screens that I should have complete with his back to me. All I can see is him checking buttons about my supposed opinion of the delivery.

When I called to get my refund for the time frame and the damaged fridge they offered 45 dollars take it or leave it. There are pieces warped and missing and less than 20$ for the actual fridge (as the delivery time fee was about 25) is all they offered... I was given a terrible product that should have been brand new. I find this to be unacceptable.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information