2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Refrigerators?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

On October 7, 2020 I had a Sears service call to my home for my five year old Samsung refrigerator. I was charged $169 for the service call and an additional $200 for labor that consisted of defrosting the cooling coils. This took about one hour. There were no parts replaced. On about October 27th the same problem occurred, cooling coils iced up, fan stops spinning when caught on the ice, refrigerator begins to get warm. I did the same procedure as the service sub-contractor. It seems the original problem is still not addressed for there are error codes on the display, which the service person did not bother looking for (25 E), which indicated parts needed to be replaced.

I was overcharged on this call. The service person was not knowledgeable sufficiently to address the problem. I have no faith in having another service call from this subcontractor. Total charge for the call: $369 + tax. Nowhere was the labor worth $200/1 hour. There was a previous communication with Sears regarding this incident, but heard nothing back.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

We’ve been dealing with Sears for the past 6 months with horrible experience. We’ve spent over $500 on our service agreement and the 6 technicians who have been out for repair can’t fix our refrigerator. The last tech said he could not fix our refrigerator because the parts that were ordered, which had the correct part number, won’t fit in the refrigerator even though it’s the correct part number. We’ve now been without a refrigerator for the past 6 months. No one from Sears will call us back, what are we to do??????? This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!! We have been without a working refrigerator since MAY, 2020!!! Now it is unrepairable... We wouldn’t have bought a refrigerator that only lasted 3 years and wouldn’t have got a service agreement since the parts are now all obsolete.

You can look this case up under Jill **. Also there are several case numbers, which I have been told, they do not go under those but here are a couple of them:

**, **. I was also told that my refrigerator is going to be replaced at 100% of the purchase price with no out of pocket charge to me and that is what we are going by now. Please have someone either order my new refrigerator #** or call me and let us know when all this will be delivered. Thank you for your IMMEDIATE attention to this. We have a diabetic in our house and a 17 month baby so we NEED a working refrigerator.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Our local Sears told me that our 4 year old fridge would be covered for parts when the compressor went out on 9/13. The first Appt was the 23rd. The technician told us then that we'd have to go through corporate to get it covered but that it was in fact the compressor. Corporate's first available date was 10/5. No one showed. We were told they'd be out the next day, then 10/7, and still no one showed. Today I had to again reschedule and they can't come til 10/19. "No technician was available." SO WHY WERE WE SCHEDULED? Also, the 19th is only for diagnostics and then they'll order the part and reschedule. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM SEARS AGAIN. Not to mention today when I called I was transferred 4 times before the reschedule was made.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Ordered a freezer in April 18th 2020 and delivery date sit for May 15 2020 as they had them available at distribution center. Called the day before to make sure it would be delivery. Was told no because they were behind. New date for delivery is June 8th. No delivery in June after calling. Was told would now be July 18th. Guess what? It's now October 4th and still no freezer. We ordered a quarter beef and half hog in May to be delivered in mid October because you see we bought a freezer 6 months prior with a promise of our freezer being delivered within a month of purchase. If they had told us they were sure when they would get freezers due to COVID that would be different. But they said they had it available. Now if I cancelled order no telling when we'll get it. Paid in full and no freezer. If I lose my meat I will be suing them. I will NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I cancelled my purchase 10 days ago but my debit card has not been refunded. A Target refund would take 1-3 days which is typical of most retailers. Why does Sears take 14-30 days. I got no email confirmation of my cancellation. Customer service which was the hallmark of Sears has really deteriorated.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

We bought our fridge in October of 2019 and had problems by January 2020. After the first 2 technicians "supposedly fixed" the issue, a 3rd call was made in June for the same issue and this repairman said he needed a few parts and they would be mailed to my home. Here it is now, September, and the parts still are not here. The refrigerator will be out of warranty in October and the phone shuffle we have received on all three occasions is laughable! By the 5th phone number and the total 2 hour plus waiting on hold to not get anyone to pick up? Really? We are completely frustrated and need to file with the BBB. The final number given to us today was an invalid phone number, Manufacturing Warranty Dept. (800) 968-3429...

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We purchased a higher end Kenmore Elite Refrigerator in spring 2018, in September 2020, it stopped cooling. This apparently happens with Kenmores/LGs and is a well known problem. We also purchased a 3 year warranty, which we expected would protect us. We lost at least $500 worth of food, and have been living without a refrigerator for over a week. We have called customer service every day, which is a 4+ hour long process EVERY DAY. We get passed around between departments and people to just pass off the problem and have been offered no resolution. We found our own technician (after Sears offered one that could get here NEXT MONTH) who came within 24 hours and told us it was a severe problem that costs more than the refrigerator and is common in Kenmores. We were once again told by Sears customer service to "call back on Monday."

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Here's the history: 1) In July, first technician (Alvin) came out, He just defrosted the ice and said that's the only problem. Note: he did not even know how to turn off the refrigerator. I had to tell him how. Worst, he's defrosting the fridge while having it's on. 2) 2nd technician (Vinh) came out, found the problem and order the heater. 3) 3rd technician (Carlo) came out to install the order parts and he broke my door. He put back the door and it was misaligned. He slammed it. :-( ... Worst, he even didn't turn off the refrigerator when replacing the parts. He left and I found the door was misaligned.

4) The first technician (Alvin) came out again and fix the door misaligned. I could not tell if the replaced parts work or not because for the whole week, I have to turn it off because I could not close the door. 5) The first technician (Alvin) came out again and ordered the ice maker. He said it's normal for the temperature in the fridge is 47+ even though the fridge is set at 37. He said nothing to fix even though the refrigerator is not cold.

At this point, I am waiting for the ice maker part to come and then I continue to throw away my foods because the fridge is not cold. The ice cream in the freezer is melted. :-( I'm am extremely unhappy with Sears service because I called them and they did want to do anything with it. They don't even care if I called the Sears Customer Care. They put me on hold for hours ...

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I purchased my Kenmore side by side model 795.51819.410 March 2016. Freezer and fridge failed August 2020 1 year after extended warranty I purchased. I contacted Sears. They said they could have a tech out the next day between 12p-8p. I had to have 340.00 preauthorized on my credit card that will cover diagnostic fee and labor. The compressor which they knew was the issue would be free. So I did the preauthorization. They emailed said tech tomorrow 12-8 or next day 8a -12. Fine. Waited for a phone call for confirmation as promised. The morning of the 12-8pm promise still no call. I called them. They can't find a tech to accept the job. Turns out it was a 3rd party company called Service Live that finds contractors but no one will accept the job.

I called Sears to tell them this wasn't acceptable. They said, "We have actual Sears techs." Why was I never given that as an option? So she said, "149.00 for diagnostic fee to be applied to repair for sears tech. Ok. We can schedule you for next month September 14." This is August 20 WTH! I have already lost 300.00 in freezer food and you expect me to have no refrigerator for a month. They are awful. The LG compressor in a lot of Kenmore fridges is junk. A class action lawsuit has been filed on this compressor model FLB075LANA per the internet. Do not buy Kenmore!!!! If you already have one expect no help from Sears.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

9 month old fridge does not keep food cold. C/S kept me on hold for 1 hr 45 min/never picked up. Used most of my cell phone minutes on hold. Earliest appt was in 2 weeks for emergency service. what am I supposed to eat in the meantime? Food spoilage of $50 so far. Temperature hovers around 50 degrees. Freezer works okay so I am freezing as much food as I can so I have something to eat. I am elderly and in pandemic isolation. Cannot leave house or afford to have fast food delivered. Sears/Kenmore used to be a reliable brand. Not anymore.

I truly regret buying Kenmore and will NEVER buy from Sears again. Using pandemic as an excuse for poor customer service is unacceptable. Fridges break down whether there or not there is a pandemic. They had the audacity to email me a feedback survey and I gave them extremely negative ratings, yet no response since the malfunctioning has not been resolved. It's no wonder Sears is on the brink of going out-of-business.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information