Sears Appliance - Refrigerators
1.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 125 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sears Refrigerators

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 8, 2018

870 Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Broken appliance from day 1 and 25 days later still hasn't been repaired! Dent on front and they want to offer Shop Your Way reward so I can spend more money with a company who doesn't care about its customers! Over $2000 on junk! Terrible customer service!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Our Kenmore Elite refrigerator freezer broke down (compressor) within 70 days of purchase. Sears did provide a loaner unit to get me through the repair (37 day ordeal through Thanksgiving and Christmas). Within a week of repair, the unit is broken (evaporator system) (another 3 weeks of waiting for part/repair). Sears will not provide a loaner. So for a $2,000 unit, I get nothing but food waste, expense of ice purchases, costs of waiting for service calls (5 since purchase), and a lot of customer "unservice".

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I was without a refrigerator from August-December 28, 2017. I received so many runaways during my at least 15-20 calls. I have never been provided such poor service. Having a family with grandkids and living without a refrigerator for that link of time was outrageous. During the months without a refrigerator no one from the warranty company never picked up the phone to give the status of our claim. Each call I was told different stories, finally after 4 months with the assistance of the vendor that serviced our refrigerator involved on our behalf, we got our replacement still without receiving a call from the warranty company. Each month during this time our monthly warranty fee was being processed. A lesson learned, I will just call a repair company and heck with paying a unconcern, undeserving warranty company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator from Sears and the compressor went out in less than two years of having it. The part was on back order and service department was backed up so I was without the unit for over a month. I was finally permitted to exchange the refrigerator for a different unit, as that unit seemed to have had a defective part (per other customer reviews on their website). However, I could only get a model of greater or equal value unless I would lose out if I got a cheaper model (they would not refund the difference or give a store credit).

I did get a new model, a KitchenAid, and this model stopped cooling within about three months. The KitchenAid contracted service company and Sears service dept both came out for the repair and the unit worked for about a week or two, then failed again. In the meantime, it takes at least a week for them to come back out for repair once parts are ordered so I am without a refrigerator again. At this point, I would strongly caution anyone against buying any appliances from Sears. In the past, we bought most of our appliances from Sears, but never again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

We called Sears Home Services to repair the ice maker on our Whirlpool refrigerator in August 31 of 2017. The appliance has an external ice and water dispenser. The repairman talked us into purchasing a whole house warranty to cover all the appliances in our home. It was not cheap, costing over $700 for a year’s coverage.

The repairman ordered a new ice maker and installed it on 9/6. Soon after he left, the ice maker started to leak. I had to put containers in the refrigerator to catch water and these had to be emptied at least twice a day to keep water from overflowing onto the floor. The repairman returned a week later and ordered a new valve for the water maker. Ten days later the part came and was installed. Soon after he left, the leaking recommenced. We turned off the water. A week later the repairman returned and ordered an additional valve and a new fan. Ten days later he installed the parts.

After he left, the icemaker still didn’t work and also the freezer compartment wasn’t freezing completely. This time he ordered a new thermostat. After the part came in, he installed it. Within two hours the water stopped working and the refrigerator compartment became so cold, it froze most everything in it. When the repairman returned on 10/31/2017, he said he had to turn the maintenance over to the Home Warranty repair people. The new repairman arrived on 11/2 and ordered two parts. He said the temperature in the fridge was 25 degrees. He was scheduled to return a couple weeks later. The parts didn’t arrive, so he was rescheduled 11/24.

The day before, I was told the service needed to be rescheduled for 12/22 because the part was on back order. The day before I was called and the caller asked me if the part had arrived. It hadn’t, so I asked the caller to figure out why. She looked it up and said the order had been canceled because the part had been back ordered for so long. She would call back with the next step. She called later and told me a part had been found locally and would be installed on 12/30. Today is 12/30 and I was called by the Home Warranty repair people to say I should call and reschedule the appointment because the repairman was ill.

So, I called to have my ice maker repaired in August of this year and four months later not only does the ice maker not work but the repair services messed up my refrigerator such that the content freezes solid. No more produce, eggs break when frozen, etc, etc. I paid over $700 for this aggravation! Every time an appointment is scheduled, I say to myself, "This time it is going to be fixed." How long do I have to continue to live with a half working appliance?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Do NOT purchase appliances from Sears, and do not use their Home Repair Services. After purchasing all of our appliances from them, we had a faulty refrigerator, a high end Samsung. I paid a lot of money to have Sears Home Repair come to fix the ice maker which was the issue. They were out no less than 8 times but couldn’t fix the issue. They refused to replace the unit, and then would not come back a ninth time because it had been more than 90 days since their most recent visit. Stay away from Sears! Terrible customer service, poor (and expensive) home repair, and no accountability throughout their organization. I’m not surprised they’re in bankruptcy. They SUCK!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Sears has been out four times to "repair" my Kenmore Refrigerator for the same issue! When does the Lemon Law come into effect? Only two years old, and going on "repair" appt. #5 Jan.12, 2018. They can't come until then!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We ordered a Kenmore Elite fridge. Delivery was scheduled for a Monday. Had a call at 8am that day to say they were on their way. Guys never showed up but instead lied and told the delivery center that we weren't home. Why could they not call to say they could not find the house??? Specific directions were on the order, also. Three people and two alert dogs were home and nobody came to our house. My partner lost a day's pay taking the day off work. Multiple calls by both of us to try to sort it out. Me taking time to step outside to make calls while at work to try to sort it out. Disgusting service from Sears. Between my partner and myself upward of 20 phone calls were made over a four day period in an effort to get this $3200, already-paid-for, fridge delivered.

Numerous conversations with customer service to probably everyone who works there including Reese, a supervisor, Elijah, Rick, Demi... Calls to the store manager, also, who was shocked that the service was so poor. One thing in their favor: they answer the phone quite quickly and we weren't kept on hold too long. Delivery was re-scheduled for the Wednesday that week. I received more texts regarding the upcoming delivery and was feeling very unsure that it would actually happen. None of the links in the texts to track your order work, by the way, completely useless. I also received numerous calls to "call regarding the delivery." I called - for the umpteenth time - and was informed, after another 25 minutes on the phone, that the only delivery we would be getting on Wednesday was for a water hose. No fridge, just the $10 water hose!!! Wow.

By this point I was about to cancel the order and shop elsewhere. After more calls, more attempts to speak to a supervisor, more explaining, and telling them I was about to cancel the order, Reese (supervisor) gave me a discount of 10% for the aggravation. The fridge was finally delivered on the Thursday, a third day taken off work, and seems to be working ok. Delivery people this time were nice enough. I hope to god that if/when we need the servicing we paid $700 for (5 year guarantee) that we don't have to go through this every time... Sears: I will never, ever, shop with you again or order anything from you. It's not worth the aggravation, stress, and time and money lost to shop with you. This paragraph doesn't even do justice to the hassle, stress and disruption your horrible service caused us. I trusted your service because, years ago, it was good but never again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I purchase a highly rated Kenmore French door refrigerator from Sears last January. It stopped cooling on November 26th. I had to throw out 100’s worth of food. I was told it needed a compressor, and an appt was made for it to be replaced yesterday. As of yesterday the compressor still had not shipped. I called the local resort company and as luck had it they had one in the warehouse. A technician came to fix it - Except now it needs a motherboard and something else. Those parts are supposed to be here on December 29.

No clue if that will really happen or when next technician can come to repair it. The refrigerator was $2800 - if I call another repairman I void the warranty. There has been no offer to replace the food I lost, or of a new appliance since the one I have has been inoperable for a month so far. If the parts get better IF and the repairman can get here ASAP it will be 6 weeks without a refrigerator. Sears, Kenmore have no interest in customer service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I hired Sears Appliance Repair to diagnose & repair my refrigerator. The diagnosis was it needed a new compressor. ($500) First (incompetent) technician installed compressor incorrectly. Long story short, after 4 different technicians on separate visits couldn't get the compressor to work correctly, their "team" said to call it quits, that it could not be fixed & that I needed to get a refund & left the compressor in the fridge. After spending hours on the phone & talking to multiple departments & people at Sears (each telling me something different) they told me I am not getting my money back because I still have the compressor. (WHAT?) Why did their technician leave it in my fridge? I certainly don't want it! It's doesn't work & they couldn't get it to work. I paid $500 for a compressor that does not work!

Sears took my money & I got NOTHING. I am still dealing with them trying to get my money back. Because of them I was without a refrigerator for weeks. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced! Horrible! And to think it is a well known & trusted for so long name like Sears, who I've bought so many appliances from in the past. They have really gone down the toilet. They are not the company they used to be who were committed to good customer service. I will NEVER buy anything from them again nor use their services & will recommend the same to others.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My fridge stop working properly so I called Sears repair department. My appt was set up for Dec 12, 2017. The day before they called and left a msg to call them. Never mentioned that my appt was cancel until I called to hear that next available appt is for Dec 15, 2017. Finally the tech showed up. Can’t fix it so I order a new fridge from SEARS. Today 12/20/2017 the day that supposed to be deliver. They call to let me know that my fridge won’t be deliver until January 9, 2018. Stay AWAY from SEARS!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Terrible all the way around. I purchased a refrigerator back in November, the Monday it was delivered it broke within 3 hours of delivery, this was the Monday before Thanksgiving, and I was told 2 weeks before they could get someone out to fix it, great broken refrigerator for Thanksgiving, fine. Two weeks later, repair guy comes out (more time off of work I had to take) and guess what, he doesn't have the right part, why would he. I call Sears to complain and the response is, we will trade you out a new one and bring it Tuesday, I ask for the 6-8pm window, no problem ma'am. Monday time call comes in, 10am-12pm, seriously. I call again, by the way, all call go to a call center in the Philippines where to be honest, they really don't care, and I am told, you should have requested a late delivery before, huh? I DID!! "Ok ma'am, if you can wait until Thursday I 100% promise you a 6-8pm delivery slot," sure no problem.

Wednesday time call comes in, 4:45 pm-6:45 pm, WHY??? Another call to the call center where I am told the delivery won't get to my house until after 6pm, I am after all, their last stop. He promises ma'am, guaranty ma'am, after 6pm. Surprise, delivery is ahead of schedule and can deliver at 3:15pm, are you serious??? I am at WORK!!! 4:30pm I get the call, we will be there at 4:45pm and can only wait 15 minutes, so I leave work AGAIN!!! Call center calls me to make sure I am on my way home and "promises" me the delivery guy will wait until 5:15 pm, but can’t wait any longer, fine! I arrive home at 5:09pm, guy is gone, note is left and neighbor said they pulled up and left in 30 seconds, just to leave the note they were there at 4:45pm and left.

Another call to my friends in the Philippines who say the warehouse will send the delivery back out, lies, I gave up at 9pm, but the next morning when I speak to a "Manager" he argues awhile, but finally says Saturday morning the item will be delivered. Friday evening my time slot now says 6:15pm - 8:15pm SERIOUSLY!! This was done out of spite, I asked for that time ALL week, and now that I ask for morning, they give me LATE!!! Sorry Sears, I'm done, I cancelled the order and no one cares, I have been buying appliances from Sears since I was 18, I even worked for Sears when I was 16, and I will NEVER purchase anything from Sears ever again, and I will tell anyone who wants to hear it, my story! Such a disappointment, and what's so sad, and good luck talking to anyone in the USA, all voicemails, and auto transfers to a call center who has zero power and can get nothing done!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

We have had our Samsung fridge for about 5 years. It's a side-by-side that is really nice on the outside and works great on the inside if you like to have to call a repairman at least once a year for the ice maker. We bought it from Sears for a good sale price. When the warranty went out within a week the icemaker wouldn't work so we called Sears... the price of an extended warranty was $180 vs a new icemaker was $360 so we extended the warranty a year hoping the icemaker would last the full year and the repairman replaced the icemaker. It didn't last but 10 or 11 months and a repairman came out and replaced it again. He told me that they are having to replace icemakers on Samsung a lot.

In another month when the warranty was out Sears called wanting to know if we wanted to extend the warranty again and I didn't bite on the sales pitch. Within 6 months again, yep, you guessed it icemakers on the blink again, I called Sears with it out of warranty and they agreed to renew the warranty for $208 so I bought the warranty with the icemaker costing just under $400 and the repairman replaced it again... 4th time in 5 years. Sears just called a while ago and said that our warranty is fixing to be out again and this time the warranty was $280 so I told them no way and that I felt I was being held hostage by Samsung and Sears warranty and that if it went out again we'd just buy a new non-Samsung brand.

The very first time it went out Samsung told me that we had to go to the dealer that sold it to us and that is what they told us even when it had to be repaired other times. So basically Samsung doesn't think very much of their appliances so that's the reason we dealt with Sears but no more, EVER. Sorry for my rant but Samsung won't ever see any of my money for a refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have had nothing but BAD service, appliances from SEARS. Last week my new (1.5 years old) Kenmore Elite Refrigerator went out. Does not work, compressor does not work. Now I am looking at over $600.00 repair work on this new refrigerator. This is BAD SERVICE. Tried to call them after 30 minutes on hold at customer service repair -- I had to cut off. WHY IS THIS ALLOWED? Terrible service, terrible products. I have no choice, I trusted Sears and bought all my new home appliances with them.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

We purchased a $2800 Kenmore refrigerator from Sears in 2015. After 1 year it stopped cooling. We called to set up an emergency service. Apparently it wasn’t a priority because their first availability was in 2 weeks. The customer service department didn’t tell us what to do with the food inside that was rotting. We did submit for a food reimbursement but it never said what to do with the food. On the day of our service (which we had to wait at home for a 4 hour period), the technician called to say he won’t be able to make it as it was the end of the day and he was still on a job. When we asked if we would be placed at the top of the list and become the first appointment the following day, they told us we would be placed at the bottom again (another 2 week wait with rotting food). When the technician finally made it after a month of waiting, the smell was so disgusting, he put in for a new fridge.

It was delivered within a couple days with no issues. We received a food loss reimbursement and all was well. Here it is 1 year later, and the same thing happened. Only this time the technician came out within a couple days. He confirmed it was the compressor. He also stated that our particular model has a known compressor issue and even a class action lawsuit for the known compressor problem. But they are backordered and come from Korea. It takes 2 months to arrive. He said we can apply for food loss reimbursement again and a rental. The only problem is with the rental. It would be our responsibility to move our broken fridge, pay for and pick up the rental, and then return it when needed. No thanks, this shouldn’t be our job for their broken fridge. We have been using an old, small fridge in our garage for 2 months.

When the time came for our scheduled repair with the new compressor, we decided to call Sears to find out if they had a specific date. Apparently we weren’t in the system to get a repair. We have spoken with 3 different customer service reps (who all claim they have managerial duties). All of them tell us they will look into it and call us in 2 days. Yet each new person knows nothing. In the meantime, we have been without a working refrigerator through Thanksgiving and it looks like it will be through Christmas as well. Sears has ABSOLUTELY the WORST customer service we have ever experienced. Nobody seems to care what we are going through. We can’t walk into a Sears store to speak with anyone, because their customer service is outsourced to different countries. This is horrible! Glad they are going under, just worried what will happen with the future of our fridge?!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I ordered a refrigerator in May. It was defective since it broken down three times in three months. Yes, it was covered by the one year warranty, but it was broken down in summer and we have to wait a long long time for repair person came and fixed it. The first time when it got broken down, which was about 40 days after I purchased the item, I was offering them if I can return or replace the item. They refused and said they have 30 days return policy. The only thing they can do is come and fix it. And they told me since I have warranty it is okay for them to come and fix within one year.

I also asked them since the product is defective, I don't want it to be fix every month, and also, what if the warranty expired? The person said, "Then you can buy three year or five year warranty." By the way, they have worse customer services ever, the only thing they do it transfer you to different person for a thousand times, and make you wait for hours.

The online customer is terrible too. They gave me different answers from different people. I was so frustrated to deal with them for three month. Then I purchased a new refrigerator from BestBuy and it works perfectly fine. I went to dispute my credit card charges and Sears since I am not satisfied with the product. Sears was trying to prove to my CC company that their return policy only good for 30 days with any exceptions. I was not able to get the charge back. Will never purchased from Sears again. Worse experience ever.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I've been going back and forth with Sears for 4 months since my refrigerator which I bought in 2015 broke down. 7 service calls trying to fix my KENMORE refrigerator. Each time I called they'd want to send another technician out again and again. Compressor was changed, Dryer assembly was replaced, checked for leaks. They've literally been to my house 7 times and still couldn't find a fix for 2015 refrigerator. The Home warranty service is a fraud. Please be aware.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have not been a fan of Sears products for years now only because two broke and did significant damage to my house. I need to file a home insurance claim to get them repaired. I should have learned then. In September my fridge broke. I could find anyone local so out of desperation, called Sears. They talked me into a home warranty and I thought it was a good idea at the time. It is now December 5, 2017 and I still do not have a fridge. My first appointment was September 20, 2017. I have made 6 additional appointments. 2 were cancelled by the tech without telling me and each time they don't have anything available for at least two weeks but will put me on the list.

Meanwhile, if I call again, all of a sudden there's an appointment a day or so earlier. According to my home warranty, I can't cancel it without being billed for repairs. NOTHING HAS BEEN REPAIRED! 2 1/2 months without a fridge. We have finally given up and are going to buy one and accept the loss. It is the holidays. Do you have any idea what it is like to not have a fridge during the holidays? Apparently, Sears does not care because I get the runaround every time. Do not, whatever you do, buy anything from Sears or their home warranty. You will not get anything fixed.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Kenmore 'Elite' refrigerator would not maintain internal temperature. Waited for parts and service for just over 4 weeks. New compressor, evaporator and dryer installed on November 30th, 2017 UNDER WARRANTY. It is now December 4th and refrigerator is once again not maintaining temperature, current temp is 50 DEG. F. CALLED AGAIN, and service cannot get here until Dec. 15th. We will be without a refrigerator for over 6 weeks. SEARS also 'suggested' I may have to PAY for repair. The unit was under 4 years old. Total BS.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My fridge bought from Sears is literally been nothing but headaches, manufactured by Frigidaire/Electrolux owned company. Had repeated problems from it & contacted Sears numerous times, they sent their repair service numerous times. Never completely fixed the problems, today my icemaker has locked up completely & quit. Sears Kenmore refrigerators made by Frigidaire are a piece of junk. I wouldn't buy anything else from Sears. They rate a 5 star failure, this will not happen again. Frigidaire appliances are Junk.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I bought a Samsung Refrigerator brand new with a Master Protection warranty and after 5 service calls trying to fix the freezer, ice maker and refrigerator cooling itself it still failed and they want to send another technician out again. Sears has completely failed me. I'm switching my purchases to Best Buy and warranty with their Geek Squad who always take care of the problem the first call.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

We bought a brand new Kenmore fridge 2.5 months ago. It is not working now. Our freezer is at 33 degrees, and the fridge is at 49. After a total of 40 minutes on the phone, speaking with 6 different people, we have been told we have to wait for one week until a certified technician can come to our house to either repair it or approve a replacement. Agh!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We purchased a new Kenmore Elite refrigerator in October 2016. It worked fine until the warranty ran out and it crashed in November of 2017. The Sears technician who looked at it said that it was clearly 'tapped' meaning that I had been sold a reconditioned refrigerator a year ago with a short lifespan under the guise of a new appliance... so Sears sold us a used refrigerator and billed us for a brand new one (just under $3,000). After 6 hours of getting the run-around and spending many hours talking to various people who keep reminding me that I am outside the warranty, no one at Sears seems to see this as their problem.

They clearly sold me a used refrigerator a year ago and won't replace it. I just keep getting put on hold for 20 minute spans while various people tell me that they can't replace the refrigerator and it is out of warranty (like I should have known to take it apart a year ago and realize it was used). And in the meantime... we do not have a working refrigerator. I just can't believe that Sears won't replace our refrigerator or at least try to figure out how we were sold a used appliance! They clearly just don't care about customer service. My next step is to try to take legal action but have no idea about that process (since I have never had such poor customer service).

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

My 4 yr old Kenmore refrigerator stopped cooling. On Nov. 6, I called a local appliance repair company. The guy was at my house within an hour. He cleaned the back of my fridge, even vacuumed the floor around it. He said the problem was my compressor - a major fix, but that it should still be under warranty and Sears required warranty work be done by their techs. I called Sears the same day, but the soonest appointment they had was Nov. 30! I told them exactly what the repair guy had said, and was told that would be noted on my appointment. It was difficult going through the month - hosting Thanksgiving dinner - without a working fridge. I was really looking forward to Nov. 30 and having things back to normal.

The Sears Techs showed up, but didn't bring any parts. They confirmed it was the compressor, and used my phone to order the parts from California. My next appointment is for Dec. 20! The time-frame is ridiculous for any repair, but especially for a refrigerator. I have little confidence they will have my fridge working on the 20th. They'll probably get the wrong part, or something additional will be wrong. I'll then have to go over Christmas and New Year without a fridge. If they can't do repairs timely, they should allow other companies to do warranty repairs. I've loved my fridge, but I won't be purchasing any more Kenmore appliances because of this experience.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Please, please, please, save yourself the aggravation. I contacted S.H.W. on a confirmed appointment for my dryer July 26, 2017. As of today November 30, 2017 not a thing has been done by Sears. I cannot get a response from Sears as to why. I finally gave up on Sears and bought another dryer a couple of days ago. Another problem is I filed a claim on my fridge, digital panel went out. This was in October. Tomorrow is the 1ST of Dec. and fridge is still broken. No help from either of these phone numbers, 888-331-4573 or 877-880-1634. When I was growing up Sears had a fine reputation. Not so now. It's really a shame that a formally super company like Sears let crappy leadership ruin their company.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I can’t believe my less than two year old Kenmore fridge needs a new compressor. Bad enough the ice machine stops working frequently but the entire unit. And now I have to live without a refrigerator and freezer til parts are ordered and the new schedule a date for repair. I am pissed off and done with Sears and the service contracts which are expensive and in this case useless. It’s holiday time and no refrigerator.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

My husband and I purchased a Kenmore 25 cu stainless steel refrigerator online as part of Sears Early Black Friday deals. We paid for delivery and installation. The delivery was scheduled for 11/25/2017 between 9:00am-11:00am. The delivery guys arrived at 9:30am with a refrigerator so large they had to remove the doors off of it to get it in our kitchen. Something seemed weird because I surely didn't think the one we purchased was that big but we got out of their way and allowed them to finish setup only they didn't because it wouldn't fit. This is when we realized we were delivered a Whirlpool refrigerator. We informed the delivery guys and they basically told us "There is nothing else on the truck. You need to call customer service." They left us with this huge refrigerator in the middle of the kitchen floor. I contacted customer service immediately around 10:15am and explained the situation.

I was then told "I'm sorry this happened. The earliest date we can send someone out to exchange it with the correct refrigerator is December 26th.” I was floored. I asked for a manager and was transferred to someone named Revien. She told me she would contact the warehouse and call me back. She called me back later and told me the same thing December 26th. I explained that we were being forced to suffer for the mistake Sears made. She offered us $200 in Sears reward points. Are you kidding me? We need a refrigerator! It's leading up to the holidays and we have family coming and our kitchen has a huge refrigerator in the middle of the floor. I told the lady we just need them to come and get it and issue a refund asap so that we can go elsewhere to purchase a new refrigerator. I was then told the earliest pick-up date would be 11/28/2017 and the earliest refund would be 10 business days from the pickup date.

I asked if they could expedite it or if they could remedy this situation by bringing us a refrigerator that is of equal value as the one we purchased and I was told no. At this point, I am disgusted, stressed and at my wits end. We just want our money asap so that we can go out and purchase a refrigerator and hopefully have it delivered and installed before the holidays.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I purchased this refrigerator (Kenmore Elite 79572489410) less than two years ago on sale for over 3 thousand dollars. Oct 9th I came home to find it not working and all my food lost and a serious mess to clean up. I called Sears Service and the earliest appointment I could get was Oct 23rd. On the 23rd the service tech showed up and said yes it is broken and out of Freon and parts have to be ordered. This was without doing anything other than opening the freezer and looking in. He said it is very common for these evaporators to leak. He ordered the new ones which came to the house in less than a week. He also scheduled a return visit which was Nov 24th (the best he could do). Nov 24th he came back and installed the parts and said all was fixed and left. I paid 335.90 labor and the parts fell under the manufacturer's warranty. I waited for it to start cooling but it didn't.

Nov 25th I called the service number and was told the next available date would be Dec 5th. I tried to voice my concern over this issue and found that I was continually speaking to people in the Philippines with fake American sounding names. I finally after 2 hours got to speak to an American Sears rep and she said once outside a year there was no help from Sears unless you purchased the extended warranty. I asked if she was saying that Sears only stands behind their product for a year and she said, “Yes” and I needed to deal with the group in the Philippines. I will never purchase a single Sears item again. For them to sell a product for over three thousand dollars that only last less than 2 years is terrible. Kenmore is not what it used to be. All the major parts are made in China according to the Repair technician who also said you should never expect it to last 5 years anymore! Zero stars was not an option so I had to give 1 star.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased a Kenmore Elite French style refrigerator 3 years ago from Sears along with the Master protection warranty. On November 5 the refrigerator section stopped cooling and I couldn't use the ice or water functions. I called immediately and spoke to someone who told me to call back later as the department I needed was not open yet. I called back and that's where it all began. The problem was attempted to be diagnosed and fixed over the phone with very poor results!! I had all of this food that I had purchased just purchased for my child's Sweet 16 celebration and I was going to lose it all and they seemed not to care at all. I can't tell you how many times I was transferred or put on hold and to add to that I'm almost positive I wasn't speaking with someone located in the US.

Everyone that I spoke to in the repair department spoke with broken English. I could hear all of this idle chatter in the background and when I asked to be transferred to someone else in customer service I was told that they were not allowed to do so. They refused to give me any other info as to who and where they were. Calling my local Sears was a big disappointment as well because it led me back to the same automated mess as before. I even went in person with the same results... No one could come to my home before November 21!! Unacceptable!! So here it is November 21 and the tech informs me that I will have to wait until December 8 to my refrigerator repaired. I will like to add that he was really nice and informative.

My family and I have been left in a very unfortunate situation. Not only have we lost food and are using a cooler for the bare basics such as milk and eggs, but we've got to change our holiday plans. I am thankful for what I do have as I know this is minor compared to what I could be facing, but this is the first year in many that I won't be cooking for my family and that I haven't shopped for food simply because I just have nowhere for it to go. It sucks!! You buy what you think is a quality product, get the warranty and think you're okay, but that's not the way it always goes. I'm very disappointed in Sears and I can now see that I'm not alone. Definitely not the company it once was. You're losing good customers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I am so disappointed in my recent experience at Sears that I will no longer be shopping here unless someone is able to rectify the current situation. I recently purchased a small freezer at the Sears in Springfield Or. I was told that it would arrive around October 24th for pick up at the distribution center. I was called and told that the freezer arrived damaged and would not be able to be picked up until October 31st. I explained I would be on vacation until Nov 13th. I picked the freezer up on Nov 13th and when I got it home there was a small dent in the door. On one hand it isn't a huge deal, but I did pay a premium price for a new freezer so I feel that I should get a nondamaged freezer. I attempted to call the number on the receipt and was told to call a different number which I did. That number told me to call a different number which I did. I was then told to call the local store.

I attempted to call them several times yesterday and continuously reached a message. The message gave another number to call to reach an operator which I did. Surprise, another message. I called the store this am and was told all associates were busy and told to call back. I explained I would wait on hold as I was having a hard time reaching anyone. I was on hold for 21 minutes and reached a sales associate in the freezer area at 10:50 AM on 11-14-17. The sales associate told me if I wanted resolution I would have to reload the freezer and bring it back to the store. I explained that I thought that was not fair when it was something they had caused and I was being inconvenienced and I felt that the store should make it right. He basically told me that was tough luck and he recently bought a guitar at guitar center and had to wait 2 months to get it.

I told him that I would be contacting customer service and asked for his name at which point I was hung up on. I went to the Sears Customer Service to send in my concerns and was unable to submit my complaint as it said it was too long. I attempted to make it smaller and was notified that there were still too many words at which point I gave up. Needless to say I will no longer be shopping at Sears.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information

Sears
www.sears.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use