Sears Appliance - Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: May 10, 2022

Kenmore fridge under Sears warranty. 1st broke down in Dec 2021. A month later 4 visits (1 no show) supposedly fixed. 3 months later fridge dead from Freon leak. Sears service makes appts for repair & no one comes, even after promises. 2 weeks no fridge. Called Sears service and they cannot help me. 4 days btw appointments. Then another 4 days because no one shows. Called numerous departments, and they all read the same script about how sorry they are and will report it and someone will call me. No one calls and no one comes. They have not honored their warranty. I believe they are forcing me to break it by going to an outside repair service.

Original review: April 4, 2022

We purchased a freezer online from Sears in November 2021 and it finally delivered in March 2022. We had the appliance 2 full weeks before it malfunctioned and was deemed unrepairable. The "technician" they sent to assess the unit stated "customer damage" in the report to corporate as the freezer was delivered in working condition with no visible damage. However, when it malfunctioned and stopped working properly, the door and casing around the freezer unit warped causing it to stop sealing which kept the items from freezing inside.

It IS a manufacturer's defect which Sears and Kenmore are unwilling to honor in their warranty. I have had many back and forth conversations (9 calls in just 1 day) over a two-week period with their customer support trying to get a replacement or refund of my money, only to be told (after the third appointment cancellation by their technicians) that there is nothing they can do for me. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM SEARS AGAIN!!!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I am waiting for my refrigerator parts for over 2 and half months. It is still in 1 yr manufacturer’s warranty. My refrigerator does not get cold enough because the fan is broken. When I called Sears for repair or replace, I am being transferred to multiple departments. Some representatives sympathize with me that it has been too long, but no one resolves my issue. Every transfer puts me on hold for over 30 minutes and I am on phone for hours.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

I have had a horrific experience when my refrigerator went out. I called for service and they after two weeks they sent the first technical serviceman. He came, inspected my refrigerator and said my refrigerator was not repairable. They would have to replace it. After the inspection, I called several times trying to get information about replacement. They transferred to different departments and still no one could help.

Two weeks later Sears sent a 2nd tech man for a second opinion here I am still waiting for approval. We are elderly and have been without a refrigerator for almost 2 months. I explained to the extended warranty people that we were elderly and we needed a refrigerator and that we were having to eat out and with our health issues we couldn't continue eating like that. We are using an ice chest for our medication. We also had a lot of spoil food. PLEASE PEOPLE, BEWARE OF THE SO CALL EXTENDED WARR. NO SUCH THING!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

We purchased a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator made by LG, model #795*74023*412 from Sears on 5/29/17 for $2500. We also purchased a 3 year extended warranty for $379. On 9/27/21 we noticed it wasn't cooling and called LG, they said we had to call Sears, we did and Sears sent a repairman. It was the compressor and had to be replaced. Compressor was covered by warranty but labor we $640 and were told that the replacement is the same compressor with plastic pistons and will most likely have to be replaced again.

We just missed the class action lawsuit against LG by a few months and the extended warranty had expired. Needless to say, we are very dissatisfied with LG, we expected a $2500 refrigerator to last longer than 4 years. The sadder part is that we bought an LG washer and dryer set 2 months before this happened thinking it was a reliable brand. Never Again. By the way, the washer and dryer do not perform well at all, but that will be another review.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

My fridge has been broken for 2 months, my repair appointment has been rescheduled 3 times, and every time they cancel on me. I call customer service and they hang up on me or tell me they can’t do anything. Their service and place for feedback is completely awful and there is no one in that establishment that will do anything to help you. They don’t care about their customers and only want to steal your money and lead you on. Don’t trust Sears, their business is atrocious.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

We purchased a stove from Sears which arrived "60 days" later, included in the price of the stove itself, we paid for in-home delivery and for the old unit to be taken away. You'd think with the amount of money spent an "in-home" delivery would include for the stove to be connect correct? Oh no, when the unit came we were then blindsided with a money-hungry company attempting to shovel $200 additional from the pockets of senior citizens to hook it up! Are you kidding me?

If this service was separate from the in home delivery why was it not displayed, or communicated in a follow-up email/phone call. When we called in to a service rep there was refusal for the call to be escalated to a manager however the rep communicated that a "manager" authorized a $150 credit be extended towards the hookup. It is evident that what was done is unethical and you have cowards not willing to address the situation and acknowledge their faults. For the amount of money spent from your company, does an additional $200 really accumulate to something worth the loss of a customer, and purchase? We requested a refund and immediate pickup.

Allow me to extend a recommendation to you Sears, from both a consumer and professional point of view, a "pickle" can go a long way. A pickle is a kind gesture that would not warrant a financial loss on either party, the pickle in this situation would have been to simply connect the stove for an elderly couple that has been waiting 60 days for a delivery from YOU. The experience is truly disgusting and disappointing, with the economy constantly inflating and majority of consumers on a fixed income, you may want to revisit the values of the company, the mindset, or you'll soon find your virtual stores close just as quick as your in-person shops.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Delivery was too early and did not include setup. Door crooked, did not close correctly. Shelves not very adjustable. Freezer 30% smaller than my last fridge of same overall size. Sharp corners on door handles. On the good side, it works.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I have many Sears products in my home. A sears refrigerator they just don't break down. My grandmother bought a new one at Sears and it was over 55 years old and the only reason she bought a new sears refrigerator was the harvest gold color, she had her kitchen all remodeled in that color so she wanted a new refrigerator to match but she keep her old one on the porch for soda pop. She instilled in us girls that sears was the only store for appliances. To this day that's the store where we shop. I love sears and if there was a problems with any purchase they would make it right.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Six years ago I purchased this refrigerator from Sears. I told them I did not want an LG because two technicians told me they are unreliable. I bought the extended warranty. 3 years later the coils were leaking and I found out that it was an LG. Fortunately, the extended warranty provided me with a new refrigerator. 3 years later the compressor went out on this second refrigerator. I would never buy another LG appliance!

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information