Sears Appliance - Refrigerators
Sears Appliance - Refrigerators
1.67/5

Sears Refrigerators

1006 Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

My son bought me a fancy great looking counter depth French style Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Sears. It's 3 years old and the compressor has gone out twice. Really? How is that possible? I've called Sears since it's supposedly under warranty, but in Austin the wait for a service appointment is 3-4 weeks. How do you live w/out a refrigerator for 3-4 weeks. When an appliance technician arrives he says, "Oh I need to order parts or a compressor." Well that's on back order for 2-3 months. My model #74043, but I don't think it matters. I called other independent appliance repairmen only to hear, "Oh it's the compressor, I don't work on those", or other non helpful replies. I called the salesman I've used to buy appliances for many years... He no longer works there. As a long time Sears customer I'm through. No more purchases from Sears, it's too aggravating & the appliances are no longer reliable.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

After he left I stepped on a screw on the floor. I asked him to fix it and he said it was extra and left. Then, I saw where it belonged and had to chase him 5 blocks to come back and fix it. After he left again, I went put things away in my freezer and parts started to fall off. He had not reassembled the parts correctly. Sears warranty does not send out Sears repair people!!! They choose the cheapest repair place in town who don't know much about Sears appliances. The warranty management company doesn't have much to do with Sears either. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE SEARS NAME.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

It says they will replace broken products after three service calls. Turns out it is four per their service representatives. Deception. They also are supposed to cover loss of food, they told me to fill out the online form. No response. I called service, just lip service. We bought a Samsung refrigerator from Sears two years ago (BIG MISTAKE! Don't but LG or Samsung refrigerators, stick to TVs and Monitors) and we didn't realize the temperature was fluctuating because the thermometer on the dash is wrong, broken or outright bullcrap. In any case we've been food poisoned and had lots of spoiled food. So we put our own thermometer in and voila, we could see what was really going on. The fridge is complete and total garbage. Even the service techs from Sears say so. Never buy low energy consumption fridge if you can help it. They are the biggest problems. This model pulls cold air from the freezer. You don't want that.

Ultimately I've been learning a ton about these appliances and have learned that Sears (as many companies these days) knowingly sell garbage products. Their technicians take 2-3 weeks to come out for repair, then have to order a part which takes almost a week to show, then you have to schedule an appointment, you guessed it 2 to 3 weeks out. That is almost 2 months with no refrigerator! Anyone who thinks a refrigerator is just a convenience hasn't lived without one unless they have snow outside where the rats can chew on your food. That said, we had to buy a used fridge in the garage until we get this issue hammered out. This service protection agreement for $655 a year was NOT worth it. I highly recommend you go elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I bought a repair protection agreement for my Kenmore refrigerator after the one year warranty expired because the unit already had serious problems during its first year. The refrigerator and freezer stopped cooling shortly after I purchased the repair agreement, but I couldn't get an appointment for a service person to come until two and a half weeks later! Naturally, all my food rotted. On the day of the appointment, I got a call saying the repair person couldn't come and the next appointment couldn't be arranged for another two weeks. So, I will not have anyone look at a totally broken refrigerator/freezer for almost five weeks and who knows how long it will be after that before the unit is fixed? The repair protection agreement does not tell you how long it takes to get an actual person to come and fix your unit. This is truly deplorable service. I will never buy a Sears product or protection agreement from them again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Purchased a new refrigerator in May. Delivered in June. Icemaker not working properly, called early Aug. Repair scheduled Aug. 10... Parts had to be ordered and work scheduled Aug. 22. That was a long time, I thought. Aug. 21 Sears called me to say parts on back order until Sept. 24. Spoke to a manager... No change. Received email stating new date of Sept. 1. Thought my complaint may have worked. Aug. 31, phone call, parts on back order until Sept. 24. Spoke to a manager who advised that was when the parts would be shipped. It would be another 7-10 days before repair scheduled. Both times I called I requested they take refrigerator back and exchange it. They do the repairs and sell it as refurbished. Both times told no.

Last time was advised after 30 days from the date Sears was notified by their supplier that part was back ordered, then they would consider replacing the entire unit. Since my part is not even due to be in until after that 30 day period, I requested they replace the unit again. They again refused. This is Sears service, NOT customer service. I will never, ever, ever again purchase from Sears. And on 9-11, 30 days from the date they were notified of back order, I will be calling and expect satisfaction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator from them on Aug. 23, 2018 with a delivery date of 9-5-2018. Delivery was never made, I called at the delivery time to be told I was #15 and they had just delivered #14 and were on their way. I emptied my refrigerator and moved it so when my new one got there it would be easier to load everything in it. It never arrived. Several phone calls and many lies later I still do not have it. Yesterday I cancelled the order and the lady said... "You can go onto your Sears account after we hang up and see your order is cancelled...and a refund will be issued in 7-10 days." Well I didn't check last night but when I checked today my order still hadn't been cancelled. I am disputing the charges through my credit card...but they have lost me as a customer forever and I will tell everyone about this terrible experience. I only wish there was a -5 star rating to give them. It was a horrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I placed an online order for a fridge and it was returned but I have not receive a refund. I've called Sears about 20 times or more (not even exaggerating) and told them about it and they kept telling me that the amount will be refund in about 72 hours. CLEARLY IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN 72 HOURS!! And yet I still have not receive it. I am extremely upset about this and I will never buy from Sears ever again!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We have been waiting for over a month since the last repair which they had all the parts. They did not use all the parts the first time and the refrigerator lasts less than 24 hrs. We called and schedule an appointment and they reordered the same parts which we had to wait again and now today the canceled the appointment and rescheduled for next week. We have been without for over a month. These people are a real joke. They have a call center that must be in India because you can barely understand them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I ordered a fridge marketed as brand new on the Sears website to be delivered in 2 days. By Monday night when I had not heard anything I called in to find out they were not delivering in their guaranteed time frame because they didn't even have the product. I was told that the delivery time fee would be refunded after the delivery. Then the day of I was told several times my fridge would be delivered around 6 and my delivery window is from 4:15-6:15. Additionally I should be getting a call when the drivers are 30 minutes out. At 2:59 I get a call saying they are knocking on my door but I'm not answering. Later I receive a text saying they are going home and will not be delivering my fridge today.

I had to raise hell and leave work early to force them to deliver the fridge. When they finally deliver they scratched several of my walls. And it has become obvious they delivered a show room (not new) or refurbished fridge as several pieces are missing in addition to the seal being warped which I told the representative on the phone after the delivery. Additionally, the driver had me sign to say the fridge was delivered on his phone and said that's all I had to do then he goes through the rest of the screens that I should have complete with his back to me. All I can see is him checking buttons about my supposed opinion of the delivery.

When I called to get my refund for the time frame and the damaged fridge they offered 45 dollars take it or leave it. There are pieces warped and missing and less than 20$ for the actual fridge (as the delivery time fee was about 25) is all they offered... I was given a terrible product that should have been brand new. I find this to be unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Worst company ever. Rip Offs. Warranty not worth the paper is written on. We purchase a Kenmore Elite Fridge from Sears on 2013 for 3000.00 and warranty for 549.99 for 5 yrs. Since April 2013 they have change 12 parts. Some of them repeat it parts and I'm still having problems with this Kenmore garbage. I have lost food and the warranty dept didn't want to replace fridge or the food because they have to come out more than 5 times which they did because every time they came to fix it they will change 2 or more parts at one time so it wouldn't qualify for it. So now they want to charge me for diagnostic 99.00 and parts and labor or parts that they just change in June of this year that technician told me I had 3 months warranty on parts but they not honoring nothing.

This company should close down. So many good stores keep closing and this worthless rip off store that sells garbage keeps open. Don't trust them. They sell bad appliances. Kenmore is junk. I still own my GE fridge that I purchased at Lowe's 15 yrs ago and it still working in my garage and I have never done any work to it so don't trust Sears with your investment. They don't care about their customers. They should be ashamed of this company. Kenmore is a facade. LG is the brand. Save yourself of lost of food, inconvenience waiting for technicians and parts and mental stress.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My Kenmore refrigerator which I purchased from Sears 6 years ago stopped working on 8/10/18. All my food went bad and was a loss of hundreds of dollars. After two independent appliance repair consultations which cost me $100.00 each it was recommended to replace refrigerator because it would be too much to repair. I did try and have Sears repair come but the earliest appointment wasn’t until 9/4/18 (almost a month away). I placed my online order (#**) on 8/13/18. The GE refrigerator was delivered and installed on 8/22/18, which was the earliest date that was offered to me. On 8/23/18 I noticed that there was a lot of water and ice building up inside the freezer. The back wall and the floor was covered with ice. I then noticed that it was not making ice cubes.

I then immediately called Sears customer service and explained my problem and they transferred me to a technician. After explaining my situation to a technician, he stated that the delivery guy would have to come back and see if he did something wrong during install. If then it was determined that he did it correctly, then I would have to call GE and deal with them. I explained to the tech that the refrigerator has been in my house for LESS than 24 hours and I thought that was unacceptable and need to speak to a supervisor. At which point he hung up on me. Now I had to call customer service again and get a different operator and go through my entire story again, which now wasted at least 2 hours of my day. The 2nd customer service rep first offered to exchange the refrigerator which I was happy with but he couldn’t do it till 9/4/18.

I then explained that that was no good and can’t go almost a month without a functioning refrigerator and asked to speak to a supervisor. He refused to put a supervisor on the phone and that’s when I requested to cancel my order and request a full refund. He then told me he would process it, I would get a refund on my card in 7 to 10 days and the broken item would be picked up on 9/4/18. I then told him that I needed it removed earlier because I don’t have room for it when I go somewhere else to purchase a new refrigerator. I told him it would have to sit in the driveway when I get my new refrigerator till pick up. That is when he said it will be picked up tomorrow 8/24/18. I agreed and ended the phone call.

On the evening of 8/23/18 I received an automated call stating that it would be picked up on 8/24/18 between 9:15 and 11:15 am. So I took another day off work to be home for the pick-up from Sears. On 8/24/18 at 7:10 am I received a call from a lady stating that Sears was unable to pick-up the refrigerator today and she guaranteed they would be here on the morning of 8/25/18 between 9:15 and 11:15. So I took another day off to wait for the pickup. On 8/25/18 at 8:08 am and 8:25 am I received automated phone calls stating that Sears is unable to come and it will be rescheduled for a later date.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Called because I have a warranty on my refrigerator and I had a code come up. “1F” ice maker fan. Everything was working great except water and ice. First technician rudely stated he was not there to fix the refrigerator and don’t expect it. He maintenance it and left. We had to bug him as to how are we suppose to get the problem resolved. Oh we waited 2 weeks for him. He finally gave us a number but informed us we couldn’t call until the next day. Waited. Called the next day. Waited again for a tech to come. He said he didn’t know what the code means so he ordered a new board for the whole refrigerator. Part arrived at the house in 3 days but we had to wait 3 weeks for someone to install the board. Tech arrived Friday put the board in and left didn’t test anything.

We checked the water worked. Within 3 hours the code was back up, and I was informed by Sears that the tech left so I had to start the process over. I got a hold of a manager who sent a tech out the next day. He scanned the refrigerator for temperature and said the board was defective and decided I needed a board for the ice and water part also, but still refused to look up the code and order the fan. Talked to online support who informed me I should have asked. He order the fan, but couldn’t do anything until a day had passed. Well now I am out of a refrigerator. Totally won’t cool and was told I just have to wait. This all started July 7. Best news is that the last tech hinted that I should be glad it was just the water and ice because he has had customers since January that don’t have a working refrigerator.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

The worst ordeal I have ever been through. The home warranty traps you into paying for repair parts that you don't need and still hasn't fixed my refrigerator. They keep coming out, canceling appointments and haven't fixed it and continue to charge me.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We bought a Sears Refrigerator (not cheap) and I purposefully did not buy a door mounted ice cube maker or dispenser (heard of too many problems). Right after the one year warranty expired, the ice maker stopped working and water was coming out from under the refrigerator. We have had three techs out and had to spend $250 on completely new parts. A few months later, the same problem and our Pergo right next (brand new) to the refrigerator was almost destroyed so much water came out. So shut off ice maker and using ice cube trays after spending $1400 for fridge and then over $400 on service.

Called the "executive" customer service and they told me the only thing I could do is call the service department. So more money. Soon, we will have paid for a new refrigerator. The service dept EVERY TIME tries to sell you on their service warranty which just saves you a little bit on service calls but not parts so you continually are out money. I told the customer service person this was not acceptable and got the same response: call the service dept. At this point, it has become a scam to drain us of money. Sooo frustrated and angry. :-(

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator less than 2 years ago, the same fridge I’m reading in other reviews. Double doors on the top, freezer on the bottom. The control panel went out within 6 months, fridge froze everything but freezer wouldn’t keep items frozen. They mailed the replacement & we installed ourselves or would have had to wait another 10 days for repairmen to return after already waiting a week for the first diagnosis appointment.

Then the ice maker went out, same deal, 7 days for a repairmen, order replacement, received by mail & we replaced ourselves. Now the compressor has gone out. Appointment in 7 days & will be waiting for new compressor to arrive. Lost all the food in the freezer & now living out of coolers. Then they try to sell you a 49.95/mos warranty. Sears you will never receive another dime of my money & I intend to write bad reviews everywhere possible so nobody else has this horrible, very expensive experience. I thought by spending over $2,000 purchasing the top of the line refrigerator was best for our family, I have certainly been proven wrong. Sears is not willing to stand behind what they sell & the foreign customer service operators could care less.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator and the Master Service Agreement from our local Sears store in Feb 2018. It was a logistical nightmare trying to get a tech out to look at it. It was found to be defective in May and replaced a month after scheduling a service call. I have a family of four and we had no properly working refrigerator or freezer. I called again at the end of July because the replacement refrigerator is not working. The tech came out within two weeks... They can't schedule anything sooner. EVER. He adjusted the refrigerator door and removed and reinstalled the freezer drawers.

The issue is that the refrigerator is freezing some of its contents and the icemaker doesn't work. The tech informed that the reason frost built up on the freezer drawer guides was because the door wasn't being shut properly. Funny that we never noticed that. Within four hours of leaving, there was more frost on the guides and it was difficult to shut the door. I called service immediately and was told someone would call me back. No one ever did.

I called again this morning. I've got another service appointment scheduled for Sept 1... A holiday weekend! I get to wait at home all day for a tech who may or may not show up. I've spoken with four different people this morning - none of which spoke English. I've asked to speak to supervisors and haven't been able to. I've only been able to leave a message for a Consumer Advocate to return my call. I've spent the summer with a refrigerator that freezes food and no icemaker. I spent almost $2000 on this refrigerator and warranty with my local Sears store. It was the biggest mistake I could've made. I will never buy anything from Sears EVER.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Bought Kenmore Elite refrigerator (French door top and freezer bottom) September 2016. Came home from vacation to both at room temp and all food ruined. Compressor went out in under 2 years. Only part is covered under warranty. Will cost upwards of $900.00 to be fixed not counting all the food that was lost and the money being spent on eating out all meals. Will take weeks to fix. I have read so many with the same experience! I am in contact with a lawyer regarding class action. If you have had a similar experience please contact me. I need to prove this is a larger issue than just me. Email **.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We purchased a new Kenmore Elite Refrigerator in September for $2000 plus tax. July 26, 2018 it quit working. I called the Sears store in Arkadelphia Ar where we bought it and was told they couldn't help us. We were told to call Sears service center. Of course the person I talked to can barely speak English but immediately started trying to sell me a maintenance plan for 49.99 a month. I bought it thinking they would come fix our fridge quicker. Well, it was August 1st before service man came and all he did was diagnose problem and told me he would order the computer board and be back August 14 to install board.

I just now got a call from someone who barely speaks English and was told the part is backordered and they will call when it comes in. Folks, we are so frustrated we don't know what to do!! We have bought Sears appliances all our 46 years of our marriage but now I probably will never set foot in their stores again. Do we have any recourse? We need a refrigerator!!! We are tired of living out of ice chest.

Updated on 09/13/18: We bought this fridge 2 years ago. It worked fine until July 25, 2018 when it stopped cooling. Sears techs have been out here 4 times and haven't fixed it yet!!! They have put new computer board and new compressor with no fix yet. We feel like we're in the Twilight Zone!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

They need to be shut down. Brought 3 contracts- one for the Samsung refrigerator. The contract was for 5 years. It was up this July 18th. I have put up with them hanging up, replacing parts bit by bit, tipping the thing back. It's like the same thing over and over. May they were here 4 times. By the 15 the issue was back. By July 2 I called them. Same problem. Had to wait till Aug 2. The man did nothing. He tipped the machine back. Told me to leave it unplugged for 24 hours and he left. He spent more time in his truck filling out papers than doing anything.

Well the water and ice are back in the food and freshener bin making keeping veggies useless--along with many hang ups, rudeness and just before the contract was up had calls from Sears three times a day. I did call back. The young man was rude and when I attempted to question him he said he didn't have to put up with me and hung up. As for the other two washer and dryer- I gave up about correcting those issues. They did nothing- but the refrigerator which spoiled a lot of food over the five years was another thing. On two words sum up Sears home service flim-flam.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Do NOT buy an appliance from Sears in Chula Vista. Giving a ‘1’ since I can’t see how to give a ‘0’… This was the least professional delivery I have ever experienced: Delivery truck had incorrect address for delivery even though we made a point to confirm delivery address at point of sale. Delivery would not connect the fridge to water which was unstated at point of sale. "Bait and switch." We had to contract an independent installer to finish the job. Door handles were not installed properly. When we called the Sears installer, they said it was my problem and hung up on me. The proper parts to connect water were NOT provided. I asked the installer if all the parts were there, and the installer said that the parts they provided would work. They DID NOT. When I called, installer said, "Your problem." and hung up on me. I had to figure out on my own and make water work, and took a trip to the hardware store. Never again from Sears…

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased a Sears Kenmore Refrigerator 11 months ago. The compressor broke. Sears does not keep any supplies in the US for its own products. They are making me wait 2.5 weeks before they come back as the replacement part is coming from Korea. This is ridiculous. They offered me a credit to buy a college fridge. How am I suppose to feed my family for 2.5 weeks with this. I can go rent one and my extended warranty will pay me back, after I pay for the rental and other costs associated with the rental. A company selling a vital product should not be allowed to do business in the US if they cannot fix its product in a reasonable amount of time.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We have been without our over $2000.00 refrigerator since June! They finally worked us into their schedule on July 5th! At that time the technician ordered parts and said he would be back 1 month later, Aug 2nd to make repairs! The parts arrived a few days later and sat in the floor until August. The tech did tell us that they should rent us a refrigerator. My husband had asked for a rental in June and was told that was not an option! So we got a rental on July 6th and waited for tech to arrive on Aug. 2nd... The refrigerator is still not cooling, he assured us it would in 48 hrs! I called back and was told that the earliest a tech could be back is Aug. 27th! Now we all know it will not be repaired then but not to worry, he will order more parts and return some time in the fall to put it together again! NEVER, EVER GET TAKEN BY SEARS APPLIANCE WARRANTY!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We were left hanging for 4 weeks after having no fridge with small children and customer service that didn't care. The fridge was only 6 mos old and already has a burnt out compressor. Still wait for a tech to help us July 10th-August 7th and I still don't know if when they come they can even fix it. Sucks eating out all day with small children that can't have milk.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore Refrigerator on 7/8/2018 at the BURLINGTON, NJ location and it was delivered to my home on 7/11/2018. The delivery guys didn't have my refrigerator in a box which caused damaged (noticed 2 hours AFTER they left) and I was MISSING A PIECE! They refused to hook up my water line for the ice cubes... Telling me that I needed a Plumber to come because the line was copper. So I had a plumber come to my home the same day. I called the delivery team 2 hours after delivery to report the dents and scratches that were on the fridge (which I was told I had 3 days to report any damages or issues). I was offered a $245 credit to my debit card. Called the service line a few days later to check on the status of my credit and they informed me that my credit all of a sudden had been DENIED and I was NOT receiving it. Told me that I purchased from a Closing store and that all sales were FINAL.

First off... Major appliances DO NOT apply to FINAL purchases which was what I found out from the store!! Second... I purchased a BRAND NEW refrigerator that was purchased at FULL price and came from the Warehouse, not an "As-Is" floor model or from the scratch and dent store!!! So after having the store back me up and send some emails to fight for me I spoke with Danna on 7/19/2018 at 2:01 PM, a manager from the Escalations Team... who informed me that Corporate "APPROVED" a check for the $245 to be sent to my home (verified address) in 7-10 business days! Well the check NEVER showed up!!! Surprise, Surprise!

I called and spoke with a Sophia, who tried to tell me that the Processing team is holding the check request bc they need to verify my address! They never called me, and I verified the address on 7/19 with the Escalations Manager the day prior which should be on a recorded line if I might add! So now the run around starts again! Called and spoke with a Jenny... on 8/2/2018 and was being told that the credit was being DENIED again. After telling her that I was done with the BS and the lies she then broke down to start explaining the TRUTH! That she does see that I was promised a CREDIT in the form of a CHECK on 7/19/2018 by Danna but the Processing Team just refuses to cut the check!!!

This is HORRIBLE!!! I paid FULL price for a damaged refrigerator that I settled on keeping for a credit that keeps getting promised to me then taken away... Missing Piece was sent to me with NO screws or anything to attach it! Side Note: I called the Store Manager to see if he could send an email again on my behalf to try and locate my refund check but HE absolutely refuses to help me any further... Stating that he has exhausted all resources for me and will not help me further. Even though he has the power to email people that I am not allowed to email... I am being DENIED my case notes and being left dangling with NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! I hope this Company Closes with items left on their shelves!!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased this LG refrigerator from Sears online in March 2016. It lasted about 2 years, lost all my food and water on the floor, I still have the receipt of purchase. I contacted the Sears company on July 5, 2018. Their response to me was the warranty had run out. I'M GLAD I DIDN'T PURCHASE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. They continued to tell me that I would have to pay a fee just for the technician to look at it. I have a limited income and was unable to afford this fee. I called a local appliance repairman. After just looking my refrigerator he knew right away this was and LG just by looking at the cord. He said to me there is a computer panel at the top of the refrigerator that would need replaced for a 700.00 charge. And LG pays Kenmore for the name. Oh, by the way he didn't charge me. I believe that Sears should reimburse customers for this crappy appliance.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I acquired a Sears Home Warranty that cover the main appliances in my home for repairs. The refrigerator stopped working. I called Sears and the earliest appointment was 3 weeks out. They went and ordered parts and took another 3 weeks for the next appointment to install the parts. They installed the parts but the issue was not fixed. I called and they scheduled the next appointment in 3 weeks. It's been 2 months without a fridge and they haven't been able to fix the problem. I asked to talk to a supervisor and they told me "there was nobody available" and the only option they gave me was to call another service company and pay for the repair. Unacceptable!!! I'm canceling my Service warranty with this company. It's frustrating!

Original review: July 29, 2018

Back in May my refrigerator that is covered under warranty I pay for every year stopped working. Refrigerator was warm and freezer slowly but surely turned warm. In June the repair guy which is contract with Sears came. After a week my refrigerator was acting up again. Again called for repair. Had to wait a week for a appointment. Whatever the repair guy did didn't work because had to call a third time for repairs. This time I have to wait almost 2 weeks for an appointment. All food spoiled and I'm out of a working refrigerator and have to be taking time off from work since there is no Sat appointment. Very unhappy and frustrated with Sears.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore French Door Refrigerator in December, 2016. When I opened the freezer drawer two nights ago, everything was melted and thawed. I checked the temperature controls and saw that the freezer was 22 and the fridge was at 62. I tried to reset the temperature and it went from 0 to 22 in a matter of seconds. By the time I unplugged it, the temps were at 42 in freezer and 70 in fridge. Needless to say, I was unable to salvage any food. I called Sears repair the next day (a Saturday) and was told the next available appt. was for this coming Friday. I then had to purchase a mini fridge to get by.

My concern is, after reading all the similar stories here (and most commonly breakdowns after 18 months!), I am thinking about not even having it repaired. If I have to wait 7 days for an appt., then if parts are needed, then another appt. to replace parts, and then crossing my fingers that this is the correct part, I will be without a fridge for at least 3 weeks. I will have to pay the $99 diagnostic fee and hopefully, the parts are covered by warranty, but if not, more expense. I have learned my lesson. Sears used to be a most trusted household name, but not anymore. I can see why they are going out of business. If a high-priced item like a refrigerator is only good for 18 months, this says a lot about the company. I am thinking I will just eat this loss and purchase another product from a reliable vendor.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Oh my goodness we have a SEARS Elite refrigerator that we purchased 4 years ago. We have had to have it repaired 4, not including this summer, times in the past 4 years. It hasn't worked since the beginning of June and we have had someone here to 'fix' it 4 times in the last 7 weeks! Even a new compressor was put in last week IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!! And they can't come back AGAIN until the end of next week and someone has to be here within a 4-5 window that they said they would arrive here. WHAT A BUNCH OF... (I won't post the words I am thinking!) If any of you are thinking of buying a SEARS APPLIANCE DON'T!!!

Original review: July 25, 2018

I want to report a complaint against SEARS: I purchased a refrigerator from Sears in September 2016, and was delivered in October. After few months in April 2017 I found a lot of ice around the freezer’s light, I called and a technician came and changed the heater, he took out the back of the freezer and found a mountain of ice, he used a hot dryer to defrost the ice. Few months later same problem happened again in August 2017, then the technician called the technical support over the phone and changed two sensors. A few months later in November same year same problem happened again. A few months later in May of this year, they changed the Fan motor.

A few months later in this month July same problem happened again and the technician said he needs to change the Board. I called the Protection Agreement for Replacement according to what it’s stated, that after the third time within twelve months period I have the right for replacement, but they refused. Adding to all this, every time I have to get off work taking hours of my vacation and emptying the freezer from food, which sometimes I lost food, then returning food back, all this plus wasting many many hours on the phone talking and waiting on hold, loosening health issues and they don’t care, that’s customer [NOT] care!!!

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information