2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Refrigerators?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I cancelled my purchase 10 days ago but my debit card has not been refunded. A Target refund would take 1-3 days which is typical of most retailers. Why does Sears take 14-30 days. I got no email confirmation of my cancellation. Customer service which was the hallmark of Sears has really deteriorated.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

We bought our fridge in October of 2019 and had problems by January 2020. After the first 2 technicians "supposedly fixed" the issue, a 3rd call was made in June for the same issue and this repairman said he needed a few parts and they would be mailed to my home. Here it is now, September, and the parts still are not here. The refrigerator will be out of warranty in October and the phone shuffle we have received on all three occasions is laughable! By the 5th phone number and the total 2 hour plus waiting on hold to not get anyone to pick up? Really? We are completely frustrated and need to file with the BBB. The final number given to us today was an invalid phone number, Manufacturing Warranty Dept. (800) 968-3429...

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We purchased a higher end Kenmore Elite Refrigerator in spring 2018, in September 2020, it stopped cooling. This apparently happens with Kenmores/LGs and is a well known problem. We also purchased a 3 year warranty, which we expected would protect us. We lost at least $500 worth of food, and have been living without a refrigerator for over a week. We have called customer service every day, which is a 4+ hour long process EVERY DAY. We get passed around between departments and people to just pass off the problem and have been offered no resolution. We found our own technician (after Sears offered one that could get here NEXT MONTH) who came within 24 hours and told us it was a severe problem that costs more than the refrigerator and is common in Kenmores. We were once again told by Sears customer service to "call back on Monday."

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Here's the history: 1) In July, first technician (Alvin) came out, He just defrosted the ice and said that's the only problem. Note: he did not even know how to turn off the refrigerator. I had to tell him how. Worst, he's defrosting the fridge while having it's on. 2) 2nd technician (Vinh) came out, found the problem and order the heater. 3) 3rd technician (Carlo) came out to install the order parts and he broke my door. He put back the door and it was misaligned. He slammed it. :-( ... Worst, he even didn't turn off the refrigerator when replacing the parts. He left and I found the door was misaligned.

4) The first technician (Alvin) came out again and fix the door misaligned. I could not tell if the replaced parts work or not because for the whole week, I have to turn it off because I could not close the door. 5) The first technician (Alvin) came out again and ordered the ice maker. He said it's normal for the temperature in the fridge is 47+ even though the fridge is set at 37. He said nothing to fix even though the refrigerator is not cold.

At this point, I am waiting for the ice maker part to come and then I continue to throw away my foods because the fridge is not cold. The ice cream in the freezer is melted. :-( I'm am extremely unhappy with Sears service because I called them and they did want to do anything with it. They don't even care if I called the Sears Customer Care. They put me on hold for hours ...

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I purchased my Kenmore side by side model 795.51819.410 March 2016. Freezer and fridge failed August 2020 1 year after extended warranty I purchased. I contacted Sears. They said they could have a tech out the next day between 12p-8p. I had to have 340.00 preauthorized on my credit card that will cover diagnostic fee and labor. The compressor which they knew was the issue would be free. So I did the preauthorization. They emailed said tech tomorrow 12-8 or next day 8a -12. Fine. Waited for a phone call for confirmation as promised. The morning of the 12-8pm promise still no call. I called them. They can't find a tech to accept the job. Turns out it was a 3rd party company called Service Live that finds contractors but no one will accept the job.

I called Sears to tell them this wasn't acceptable. They said, "We have actual Sears techs." Why was I never given that as an option? So she said, "149.00 for diagnostic fee to be applied to repair for sears tech. Ok. We can schedule you for next month September 14." This is August 20 WTH! I have already lost 300.00 in freezer food and you expect me to have no refrigerator for a month. They are awful. The LG compressor in a lot of Kenmore fridges is junk. A class action lawsuit has been filed on this compressor model FLB075LANA per the internet. Do not buy Kenmore!!!! If you already have one expect no help from Sears.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

9 month old fridge does not keep food cold. C/S kept me on hold for 1 hr 45 min/never picked up. Used most of my cell phone minutes on hold. Earliest appt was in 2 weeks for emergency service. what am I supposed to eat in the meantime? Food spoilage of $50 so far. Temperature hovers around 50 degrees. Freezer works okay so I am freezing as much food as I can so I have something to eat. I am elderly and in pandemic isolation. Cannot leave house or afford to have fast food delivered. Sears/Kenmore used to be a reliable brand. Not anymore.

I truly regret buying Kenmore and will NEVER buy from Sears again. Using pandemic as an excuse for poor customer service is unacceptable. Fridges break down whether there or not there is a pandemic. They had the audacity to email me a feedback survey and I gave them extremely negative ratings, yet no response since the malfunctioning has not been resolved. It's no wonder Sears is on the brink of going out-of-business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Please read reviews for Sears before committing to anything they offer. Our experience is not unlike countless others we've read since this latest experience. We had our Sears Kenmore refrigerator "We thought" stop working. We called Sears for a diagnostic, so a tech. He came out, but obviously just to "Sell" parts we did not need & to "Sell" a warranty. They have no technicians to service warranty work, repairs or to install parts. These experiences others are also complaining about are too common, so, same issues, same description of calls & hard sells for both parts as well as their home warranty. So, we were told by their tech, we needed a compressor & a couple other parts to complete the job, that he obviously had no intentions of coming back to install. Again, if you read others complaints on this site or any other regarding Sears, you will see for yourself. Sos.

So, we paid $752.35 upfront, in full & they charge the next day our same c/cd for their $69.95 because the tech also told us, that would save us 50% off of our bill. It did not. Nor have any techs been able to come & complete or begin any repairs or install any parts. Thankfully, I paid with a c/cd & have disputed all the charges, but here's the worst news. We have a friend who is a professional, we did not want to call him because we knew he would not want to charge us & his expertise is on commercial a/c. But, when he heard Sears had again, for 3rd time, cancelled their appt again, saying in an early am email, again, we had to reschedule & to call their 800# for myhome. I did, again, again, we were told they had no technicians available in our area.

Here's the thing, not only did he lie by telling us we needed parts we obviously did not need, he collected upfront with no intentions of coming back because he's only "Selling parts & warranties". I deduce all of this from looking, reading so many other scammed customers accounts/complaints across our country, btw, when you call Sears especially in the early am hours, you reach an out of country c/s, they tell you the same.. "We have no technicians available in your area." So, with our refrigerator running after being unplugged for almost a month, going on 3rd week, it's running & not because any new parts were necessary.

As for their warranty? How can they "Service" anything, when no techs are available? We do not live in a rural area. We live in a large county in state of Florida on the coast. No reasons for them not having a "Tech" available, except for the facts, they are obviously more into "Selling unnecessary parts & warranties" they could not service. They just want the parts $ & the monthly $ for services they cannot perform & obviously by all others former customers accounts & complaints, this is how Sears apparently is into making money now. We trusted Sears because it has name recognition, please do not make that same mistake. Do not trust Sears for anything.. Period.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

My refrigerator started acting wonky on 7/4/2020. I made an appointment through American Home Shield. They assigned Sears Home Services to my case, a repairman came out on 7/21/2020. After parts came in, it got fixed on that day however 2 days later it started dong the same thing so I called sears back and they rescheduled an appointment on 7/24/2020, then I get an email that my appointment was rescheduled for 8/10//2020 so I called and asked why was my appointment rescheduled then I was told first I asked to have it rescheduled and I said I wanted to talk to a manager then the manager tells me that because there was no repairman in the DC area they had to reschedule it and they would send me a link in my email for the contractors so if they had a cancellation I can call to get that slot.

I never got an email I called again the next day and was told I will get the link as soon as we get of the phone still never got it, then on 8/10/2020 the day of my appointment I get a call saying the technician is sick and there was no one else to send so my appointment got rescheduled again to 8/21/2020 I explained to the representative that my refrigerator has not been functional for 3 weeks going on a month, all my food spoiled and all she could tell me is we will put you on a list so if someone does cancel they will put me in that slot.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Began on 28 June with request for service for failed Icemaker. Icemaker was replaced on 8 July, but it didn't work. 10 July service to "reset" icemaker. After 3-4 days, refrigerator-freezer failed. Multiple calls for service to multiple numbers to make appointment for service. Reason was people working at home because of COVID-19. 24 July service tech replaced compressor, and said he put a dye in to check for leaks, and gave me an appointment to recheck on 4 Aug. However, compressor failed after 3 days. Again another series of calls attempting to get service. Service tech had ordered more parts, but without informing me, therefore, no one give me a repair appointment until parts arrived. I was informed I could "rent" a refrigerator until repair. I am a senior citizen, and hence vulnerable to the virus, but should go researching a short-term rental, exposing myself to more places and personnel.

When parts arrived at my door (28 July), I called to get service, but nothing occurred until 4 Aug. Showing up late, service tech said, before looking at unit, that there was a leak. He spent the following 2 hours, checking behind the refrigerator, dismantling the freezer, then dismantling the refrigerator unit. Then walked outside to make a phone call. When he returned, he said the refrigerator was not repairable, that he had called in for a replacement, and that I would be contacted in 4 to 7 days. It is now 5 days, which means I have not had a refrigerator-freezer in 6 weeks. I purchased the "Master Protection Plan" when I purchased the unit. When the Icemaker was replaced, I was reminded that the plan date would end on 12 Oct, and I could renew the plan, which I did. I am still waiting to have the Plan contact me to resolve this messy situation, so I can procure a new refrigerator, cancel and have the renewal Plan monies returned.

Requesting service involving so many calls, having gone on-line to locate multiple phone numbers that were listed to receive service, extensive wait times to get someone to answer (in excess of an hour), and even being disconnected at times, and then long waits between actual service has been extremely frustrating. All this with a "Master Protection Plan", then to be told of holdups because of COVID-19, where was the concern for the health and welfare of the customer? And as I afore said, a senior citizen, more vulnerable to contracting the virus. I recommend no other individual purchase the above product and/or purchase their plan.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I paid about $1500 for this garbage to die on me and I only had it since November 2019. I have been calling for repair and been on hold for hours, since I am suppose to have manufacturer warranty for good for 1 year. Finally agent that doesn’t understand the fact that I have no power to nothing to perform any troubleshooting. I’m losing my patience because all of my food is going bad by the minute and now he is finally telling me he can get me an appointment for the end of the week.

Now when I initially called this was a Monday. My appointment is suppose to be for Friday now July 17, 2020. Thursday I call because I want to know if there is a faster process and can I get reimbursed for my food and they tell me no reimbursement and my appointment has been rescheduled without my knowledge. To next week July 22, 2020. I call the third party company they assigned me to and they can’t do anything to speed up the process because Sears has them booked to capacity. So basically Sears could care less about the customers and are making garbage products. This is why they are going out of business. I will be suing them!!

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information