Sears Appliance - Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

It started off good with the 7 different repairmen. Finally, they determined it couldn't be fixed. They offered a replacement or $$$ (less than enough for replacement). I chose the replacement, they called with a replacement model number. I am 85 and don't use a computer, I verbally accepted it, trusting that they would give me one with correct dimensions. It was brought to our home and the delivery men came in and measured the space and they told me it wouldn't fit. Now Sears Warranty said there is a 35% restocking fee and the replacement value went down over $500.00. I have bought from Sears for years and bought the warranty on everything. Very dissatisfied!!! We are on a fixed income and now we have to pay $950.00 for a replacement plus the warranty $$ to get a new one, that fits. P. ** (Written by my daughter)

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

I have been dealing with this company for 5 month now, Since August 3 2022. Service is horrible. We have a 5 year warranty on our refrigerator, that was purchased a years ago and six month. Have been trying to get parts & service through their warranty program for over a 5 month. They don’t tell you the truth. They say parts were shipped when they weren’t, say that they’re escalating your case & they don’t, say they’re scheduling service & they don’t, that a supervisor will call you back and they don’t. Today 4 January 2023 still without my refrigerator fix. It's a game to be played and you, the consumer, will lose. Our money for the agreement is wasted. Do not put anything on a Sears protection agreement. The cost is more expensive and you will not get the service.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Have been dealing with a Sears Kenmore fridge that has not been keeping temp since August. Have had a gaggle of repairmen in and out about every two weeks for the last 4 months. Always, it seems something else must be ordered and repaired. They return, do the repair and the fridge works properly on average for about 3-4 days, then the temp starts slowly creeping up to 60-70 degrees. As this is a long term home for medicaid residents, having one of the refrigerators down is a problem.

Spoke to the warranty department on 12/6 and was told if the repairman puts in the work order unrepairable or uneconomical to repair, with what they have done in the last 4 months, they would replace the unit. Of course, repairman returned today, stated that's not how it works and proceeded to put an order in for more parts- one of which they already replaced during this four months of uselessness- I highly recommend you buy your appliances at another retailer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

If you are reading this review, there may still be time. DO NOT CALL SEARS. They will quickly siphon your soul and charge you for it. Then, they will gladly sell you a warranty on your soul so that in the event your soul is siphoned again, you only have to pay the copay. If you have a broken appliance, list it for free on Craigslist and walk away. I was charged $1200 to repair my refrigerator. They gladly took my $1200 and did not repair my refrigerator. It is nearly impossible to contact them and when I do they tell me they do not service my area and will not issue a refund. This company is a disgrace.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Bought this really nice looking Kenmore Elite (French door style with lower part freezer) December 2019 and everything seemed great UNTIL this unit had been running for ALMOST two years, this is when the fun began. One day it stopped cooling, everything in freezer and refrigerator had gone bad by the time we noticed; we travel a lot running a transportation business; so we were not home when it failed. We unplugged everything and began researching and found very unsettling information on the dear old internet about a (LG) Linear compressor from LG used in this Kenmore unit and it fails a lot.

We had an independent repair guy come out and verify the problem and evidently this is what happened to our unit, Linear compressor failure. Well, we unplugged and cleaned everything and decided to give it another go and all of a sudden it starts working again. We put in separate thermometers to keep a check on the temperature and it was working, unfortunately for us it only lasted a year. Now the linear compressor from LG is DONE.

We bought this refrigerator unit from Sears, and according to the process we had to have one of their "approved" technicians come out and verify the failure of this part which is still covered under warranty (10 years) and the cost to just get the verification was >$100,and we found out that the labor to get the part installed is not covered under the warranty and would cost about $600 (!). In other words it did not do us much good that the part was covered by a warranty. Sorry but we are not made of money, and we thought we had bought a good unit that would at least last us 10 years, and now here we are stuck with a unit we can't afford to have repaired. Extremely disappointed. Tough to be $$$$ limited. Never getting a Kenmore product again and I'll just stay away from Sears too.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

Updated on 10/29/2022: Avoid purchasing anything from Sears, unless you want headaches, frustrations, disappointment, and not getting what you paid for. I purchased a fridge and I still don’t have it. They tried delivering it four times and I have to send it back because it has some type of damage. Customer service Yvette M. ** is nothing but unprofessional and unwilling to help with the issue. I think she could she would cuss me out through email. Very unprofessional at her job and her customer service skills. After 4 attempts to delivery I still don’t have the fridge that I paid for. Don’t let this happen to you.

Original Review: Please don’t buy anything from Sears. They are selling damaged goods. I bought a refrigerator in January of 2022 and it’s October of 2022 and the fridge doesn’t work properly and been promised a replacement fridge and even paid the difference for a better one and I still haven’t received my fridge.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Paid $177.95 for nothing. This was the cost for the diagnostic. I had a problem in my refrigerator freezer. The tech came to my home for 5 minutes and did the diagnostic test: Parts (Switch) $83, Labor $405.95, Total after taxes and all things $494.93. We have to change a switch, that's all. When I asked the tech why the labor is so high, he told me that it is the Sears list of prices. Can you believe 500 dollars to change a switch? They would be ashamed to charge $83 for a part that it is even cheaper at Amazon and 406 DOLLARS IN LABOR. I will never use Sears Home Services again, they just charge me for doing nothing.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I really am beginning to hate Sears customer service. My fridge is 4 years old. I bought the maintenance agreement because I got the fridge at a good price. I called for my yearly free check up. George showed up and did maintenance. He told me to call back in six months because he had a funny feeling about the compressor. The next day, fridge stopped cooling. I immediately called service and she told me Sept. 6th they would be out. I got an email and it said 6/13. I called again and said the girl told me Sept 6th. The email says Sept. 13th. They said that was first appt. I told her, "I wanted someone on the 6th like you promised." She said, "I will connect you to emergency services." A gentlemen said, “They will be there on the 6th.” I hung up. They have not shown up today. I called back service again and everything is automated. YOU CAN'T TALK TO A REAL PERSON. It still said my service is on the 13th! They ** lied to me! I hate them period!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite kitchen suite in 2017. All products are LG under the Kenmore banner. To be short, we have replaced circuit board 4 times in the electric range and compressor in the refrigerator. All within 5 years of ownership.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I ordered a refrigerator off of Sears's website. The product their product offered an optional ice-make with a box marked for installation. It even had a section to check that the icemaker would be installed upon delivery. Sears outsourced the delivery to Costco. The Costco delivery people had no idea about the icemaker installation and were not even willing to hook up the water line. They drove off with the refrigerator aggressively angry. Cosco's delivery representative Nikki made a call to Sears sales complaint department, Carl. Carl guaranteed that the situation would be resolved and everything would be installed upon delivery. When the Costco folks came a second time it was identical. They had no idea about the installation. Sears botched the delivery instructions, didn't communicate with their delivery men, and turned a simple appliance hook-up into an uncomfortable and aggressive mess. I will never shop Sears again.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information