Sears Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Refrigerator purchased March 23, broke on July 19, 4th Sears refrigerator repair today, have been working with Sears since July 19, OK so the 3rd compressor is not working, talked with Sears and Kenmore and was told directly by Kenmore https://www.kenmore.com/ the worst thing you can do is order ONLINE http://www.sears.com/ since the repair process is different than if you bought in a store here in the UNITED STATES. Long story short - next appt. to look at the fridge is August 23, not sure what will happen, but this is amazing.

Do not order from Sears at all if you are smart online or in the store... AND if you see this repair company coming ** know that you are in big trouble, since the contract this third company repair service has with Sears obviously includes numerous repair calls to generate revenue for the repair company. Sad to say this company is local and out of Bridgeville PA. They come, replace parts, tell you the refrigerator is working and then leave but the refrigerator is not working. Takes up to two weeks to get them to come back and go through the same thing... Have an elderly husband in need of cold items.

Had a very appealing ad for large bottom freezer/fridge for about $1100. Each service call led to a part order and follow up visit to install part... 5 times = 10 visits. Very frustrated, finally Sears offered to trade in our less than a year old unit for another Sears fridge, less $200. Well, we went to a $2400 Kenmore Elite! Always told not to fall for the scam of buying product ins... Anyway, ONE YEAR AND ONE WEEK later our beloved Kenmore is running about 50 degrees! We could not believe it! We have new babies in the house that can't survive spoiled milk. The factory warranty for this LG product is one year! They mean ONE Year, no exceptions! They offered nothing, well except a $50 a month after-the-fact warranty that required a $89 tech fee each time and a total of $500 in repair and parts.

We paid a local tech to diagnose the problem: Evaporator and Compressor needed replacing. Not worth the cost of repair. Sears makes nothing, they buy the cheapest crap and slap their "once proud" name on it, and sell to an unsuspecting populace. Sears, Craftsman, Kenmore used to mean something, not anymore... RIP Sears... This turd our family bought manufactured by a South Korean multinational electronics company headquartered in Yeouido-dong, Seoul, South Korea, and is part of the LG Group. They don't care either. Do yourself a favor, don't waste your money on SEARS products, they'll screw you too.

We purchased this fridge Kenmore (LG) French door/bottom freezer Model 795.74025 411 14 months ago for around $2600. Consumer Reports rated it high. About a month ago the compressor went. The part is on back order... Not a surprise when I do a google search on this fridge I'm finding many having the same problem! Turns out they may be able to fix my fridge 3 weeks from now? Over 2 months without a fridge! To say I'm dissatisfied with Sears is an understatement! I will not even so much as purchase a pair of socks from that store! Be looking for a class action suit as this is clearly a defective compressor.

We've had nothing but problems since we purchased this refrigerator model 106.5117. Ice machine constantly causes problems, vege drawer broke as made from cheap plastic, now leaking water under fridge as soon as new water filter was installed. Also when getting service for last problem they did not show up during the window they promised after I took time off work to be there and would make no commitment of when they would arrive the next day, either so I could have missed two days of work just waiting for them. When they did arrive they sent a tech that did not know how to work on the product that had a problem. Will never buy Kenmore again - and you should think twice before doing so.

Our freezer in our refrigerator needed repaired. We have a home warranty who called Sears to come and fix the problem. The service rep from our home warranty said she was able to request a later time in the 1:00-5:00 window due to our work schedule. First visit, technician called ahead and let us know we were the last appointment. He came and started to work in our appliance, said he needed to order a part, have it shipped to our house and come back out another time to finish the repair. We rescheduled and we requested the last appointment, he said that was no problem and he left. The part came the next week in the mail and our appointment was two weeks out.

When it came to the day of the appointment, we got an automated call (not a live person) and they showed up at 1:00 (1:00-5:00 window). I called Sears and told them the last tech said we would be the last appointment, but by then we had to reschedule because they could not come back out that day. This happened 4 more times over a period of 3 months. Since it was a home warranty call, and it wasn't resolved, I was still trying to get Sears to come out because we had already paid the deductible for that particular repair. Every time I called Sears they said that was fine, they would put the request in for last appointment of the latest times they had. If they cannot guarantee the last appointment or latest appointment they should not tell me that! Not keep rescheduling. Also since I have had this part shipped to me from Sears since June and they have called several times wanting the part back!!! All I want is my freezer to work!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Today is August 5, 2017. On June 19th our 2-1/2 year old LG Fridge and Freezer stopped working. Ever since then we have been using neighbors Fridge/Freezer until we gave in and purchased a 10cf Fridge/Freezer (LG Model LFXS24623B) from Home Depot. The experience dealing with Sears has been absolutely horrendous, truly a nightmare. Aside from calling a company that advertises working on LG products he does not do Warranty work. Called Sears since I bought it there and you end up talking to the Philippines. They are trained to sympathize with your situation but offers no assistance or help in resolving the problem. Apparently after Sears finally came to check out the unit they determined it was a "drier, valve and compressor". They have the parts sent to your house when they order them. The two small parts came but the compressor is on back order.

Scheduled to ship on August 22. Two months after Fridge/Freezer failure. If the part does not ship then it may be a lot longer. Spoke to some guy at LG and he did not have a clue where the order was for the Compressor and said he would get back to me and that was a waste of time too. So far filed a BBB report, Emailed the Sears CEO (no response... surprised?) and contacted the local television channel to see if they can get to the bottom of it. Sears uses A&E Appliance repair and is dysfunctional as Sears.

I just cannot believe that LG and Sears would let someone suffer with no Refrigerator. Do not purchase Appliances from Sears. The Customer Service is Terrible. Best recommendation I can make is go to Lowe's for your appliances. They have a fantastic warranty program and is very reasonable. PARTS ORDERED BY A&E Appliance repair from someplace, I don't know. Order number is the Service Order Number for A&E Appliance repair.

The refrigerator Kenmore Elite model 795.74025.411, their top of the line, has a design flaw, according to my repair tech. It freezes over causing the fan to stop running. Sears refuses to acknowledge the problem and when called for a repair, I was told it would 2 to 3 weeks to get a tech. I can understand why Sears is going out of business. All they have to do is admit there is a problem and come out with a permanent fix. Instead, they refuse to admit that this line of Elite appliances has a major problem and want to charge every time they are called to repair the same problem.

I have owned Sears appliances for years and they ran and ran with zero or minimal problem. When you spend over $3,000 for an appliance, you expect it to run for at least 5 years with no issues not just 15 months. This refrigerator has frozen over twice in the past 15 months. I will never buy another Sears appliance no matter who owns them in the future. I will buy Bosch or other top of the line refrigerators for the same dollars and less problems according to repair techs in the industry. Ask a tech which appliances he owns and follow their lead.

I just bought a refrigerator from Joliet, IL Sears. We elected to pick it up rather than pay a delivery fee. We were told to inspect the outside of the refrigerator for dents or scratches when we picked it up. We did that, and there were no problems. However, after we got it home and assembled it, we found out that the inside track system is defective and one of the crisper drawers won't sit level. We tried every shelf in that position and none of them would sit level there. I called Sears and they scheduled a repairman for almost three weeks later. Their own repairman recommended that I just get a new replacement, since it was less than 30 days old. When I called Sears I found out that unless I could bring back the fridge myself, they would do nothing for me. I no longer have access to a truck.

They suggested that I put out more money and time by renting a truck to bring it back. I offered to pay the delivery fee on the new refrigerator and they could pick up the old one when they bring the new one. I was told, "No, that is not our policy. The old one has to be returned first." When I told the manager that I thought that was a scam and I would never shop there again she said, "Okay." And hung up on me. It is such a shame that Sears has gone down the toilet like this. I have been a loyal Sears customer for years. I have bought almost every appliance I've ever owned at Sears. However, I will now never shop there again. No wonder they are going out of business - they don't care about their customers at all.

I simply want consumers to know that the service Sears provides is no longer "top notch." In fact, my experience with them has been at the "bottom notch." Although they DO stand behind their products... And provide the necessary service -- it is at the consumer's expense. I have had a brand new refrigerator that did not work out of the box... 7 months later... Still without a functional refrigerator, I am stuck in their service waiting period before they replace the piece of junk of theirs I purchased... If they do happen to fix the piece of junk... My extended warranty will largely be used up before I even have a chance to utilize the appliance... Therefore pressing me to purchase another extended warranty???

What kind of a scam is that??? I have already had three service folks out to look at the fridge... All saying something different... Thus waiting for different parts... So I have to start questioning the quality of their service people. In addition to all of this, there has been VERY poor communication between consumer and parts/service/customer satisfaction departments. The entire experience has been very frustrating. I will never again purchase from Sears... And certainly won't be buying from K-Mart or their products through Amazon!!! Just a cautionary tale.

Today, July 24, 2017 at 8:46 a.m., I called (847) 286-2500 and the operator refused giving out a fax number or transferred to the representatives working 3333 Beverly Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179. Then she didn't ask me any information then you said I transferred to member services after I had been deal with them over 2 weeks. We purchased the Kenmore Elite 31 cu ft refrigerator on August 30, 2011 the sale person ** and total amount $3,143.50 at the store Sears Home Appliance #**. Ice Maker always has a problems cause ice stuck on and off, there were times no ices, and I called over more 3X and there were times included the maintenance included at the times of the service coming cause we didnt want waiting at home 4 hours between window for the service guys coming out the house but I didnt aware there were no record accuracy repair man coming out.

The last service, the repair guy told us wait after 30 days contact the Sears again have someone coming out because it will show us that we didn't service back job last August 2016. We got busy after because we had family emergency need to be out of states. I wasn't home but I didn't believe what I heard. The repair guy shouldn't have telling customer wait after 30 days. It was working on then off again but us hardly using the ice. On July 10, 2017, the Kenmore Elite 31 cu ft refrigerator broken down water was leaking everywhere. Later, I didn't the top and bottom fridge cold air coming. Also, I heard the noise loud sound so my husband decided unplug right away. We didn't know will burst into flame or not but precaution first. I contacted the repair center but explained the situation and te said, he could send out someone Thursday, July 13, 2017 from 1 to 6 p.m. and I asked, did you have early repair sooner. He said, NO at the moment.

I called July 11, 2017 to see I could get an early repair guy because the service center mentioned calling again the next day. So coming to Wednesday, July 12, 2017, I received automatic reminder the maintenance guy coming Thursday, July 13, 2017 and I realized it was WRONG schedule service even I explained the major problems of the fridge. What an idiot scheduling the wrong service person? Really, I was started panic because of the major food loss and I had contract agreement hosting 4 students during a summer program. Each day, we had been taking them eating out for a week and the cost it was too much. We supposed hosting them for 2 weeks agreements but I host a week because we can't feed the kids fast food. We couldn't continue hosting the kids for another week and we lose the amount $1,120.00 plus my son couldn't have fun because he was looking forward summer playing with them.

I kept contacting Sears and repair center online almost each days and I had paper trail providing them. On July 21, 2017, I chatted with Simmon from Sears then Linda ** ; On July 18, 2017, I chatted with Peter **, and Block; On July 14, 2017, I chatted with Venus **, and Allison **; On July 13, 2017, I chatted with Scott **; On July 12, 2017, I chatted with Radolph **, and Ralph **; then On July 11, 2017, I chatted with Glen and Reynold.

All these chatted everyone of them directing me circle around contacting Sears benefits food loss department (800) 927-7836; Protection Team (800) 927-7836; Also provided solutions@searshomeservices.com; www.searspabenefits.com; Customer Solution team (800) 479-6351; Toll free at 1-800-4MY-HOME (1-800-469-4663); home delivery department at (800) 732-7747; contacted the Home Service Department (888) 266-6317; Contacted the Protection Agreement Department (800) 827-6655; and I could contact 3333 Beverly Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 (847) 286-2500. Wow, I had been following all the information contacting all these number providing each times just all run around days by days and nothing resolution. Sears provides poor customer service. It showed poor training and each of them providing different answers to the customers each times I called in.

They all said I had to wait for my schedule which repairman coming out Monday, July 17, 2017 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. which the repairman did come out but he complained as soon he walked into the kitchen because of the spoil left inside the top and bottom fridge because again the idiot representative told me on the phone DONT THROW the FOOD away because the repairman needs to see them in order file the food loss. If I threw the food away, you are unable to claim food loss. I listened to his instruction but the customer ended up **. The repairman asked us when he came on Monday, July 17, 2017 whoever told you false information. Again, Sears provided poor job training. I told the repairman Seaser his phone number **, your repair center scheduled for you guys coming out too long over a week. Its not emergency service.

He dashed off the house less than 5 minutes when he arrived 4:30 p.m. Then he kept saying it wasnt safe to do anything because the rotten food spoil smell and he kept saying not safe for him. Then he called the repair center written on his notes. We cancelled the appointment. I told the Master Protection department I didnt cancel the appointment. Is he crazy? Why would I take a whole day waiting for him coming over? OMG. So I requested not to send him back for the Friday, July 21, 2017 and the repair center agreed with me NOT to send him out again for Friday, July 21, 2017 but Guess what he came out again. Sears doesnt listen the customer request not to have the same technician coming out because he was lying that customer cancel the appointment which it was false plus he didnt bother looking to see if he could put a rush into seeing if he needs to order the since he was there on Monday, July 17, 2017.

I have to live at the house for the smell and he couldnt stand just for few minutes. What type of employee Sears hiring? He told the repair center if the customer cleaned up the fridge and we could have the repairman coming out the next day, Tuesday, July 18, 2017. That was the lie from Master Protection plan center. I stayed up cleaning on night Monday, July 17, 2017, clean the fridge but it still smell like CRAPS bad food order and I noticed tons of little food flies, and maggots crawling from the little hole in the fridge. I realized unsafe using the fridge because unsafe health issues. I open the fridge on Wednesday, I noticed food flies inside even I clean up and I realized the mate inside the fridge in the little holes. I called the Master Protection department and they refused giving me a new fridge even I explained to them.

Sears doesnt care even the customer paid for higher warranty plan which Master Protection Plan. They kept telling not to food loss because you could claim but they dont understand I dont have fridge over 2 weeks. Its super hot day and no cold drinks. After the repairman left, I contacted Master Protection Plan Monday, July 17, 2017 and the guy said I needed to get up around 5:00 a.m. Eastern times, contacted us to see if we could sent out the repairman today, Tuesday, July 18, 2017 which I did what he told me plus he told if I cant get the repairman coming Tuesday, July 18, 2017 the Master Protection warranty will give us $200.00 purchasing a mini fridge. But came to Tuesday, July 18, 2017, the lady spoke with me Say NO I cant get the $200.00 because I have been schedule repairman coming out Friday, July 21, 2017 from 1 to 6 p.m.

She said, I could wait and I told her that the Master Protect guy said on Monday, evening July 17, 2017 just let you know it will take longer ordering the parts and I related to the messages to this idiot lady and she still refused I cant purchase a mini fridge or freezer chest. She was very direct, if she cant honor the amount. OMG. Like I said everyone told me different circling around without providing customer service. Friday, July 21, 2017, the same repair guy came out less than 10 minutes pulling out the fridge saying we need major repair take 5 hours services and he needs to order several parts. My husband told him he couldnt just take a look in the back without opening the fridge on Monday, July 17, 2017. He delayed the service because he could take the food smell. He didnt open the fridge on Friday and it took him less than 10 minutes for him go head ordering the part.

Sears has provide poor customers services. It like everyone my boss and have no clues customer has no refrigerator over 15 days usage. We have been eating out and no cold drinks in the hot heat. I have tried to resolve and I did file with Better Business Bureau. I am so tired treating run around because they cant provide better customer service. I am asking replace a new fridge faster and health issues. Master Protection department and Solution department refused because they didnt keep the record stay that we have multiple repair for the fridge. I feel Sears mistreat us providing us false information. I want to resolve from Sears expertise a new fridge and quick compensate $600.00 food loss, eat out cost $1,000 and compensate $1,120 a week loss hosting 4 kids summer program and plus stressing without fridge $1,000.

My family and I have no fridge over 2 weeks since July 10, 2017. Solution department teams told us last Friday, July 22, 2017 the repairman needs to order several different parts and the parts will not be arrive until August 3, 2017. In the mean time, the top and bottom fridge has food bugs and maggots crawling inside little hole because one of the idiot customer repair dept telling us not to toss any food away until the repairman needs to see them in order claiming $300 food loss. They scheduled repair technician a week later. We paid more monies for the Master Protection Plan different than 2 other warranties Sears selling but I guess no different what types of warranty customer purchased. They don't care if the fridge safety for health reasons. It still smells CRAPS even we cleaned several times.

I chatted online every single day asking for repairman coming out quick and I was on standby but no one contacts us. Oh, I talked with different customers each day and has not been resolved. It's like the customers made up different answers each times I called. One kept telling your food loss claim $200 even I told him it's on my warranty indicated $300 and kept saying NO. He works solutions department indicating poor training. His ID #** Mark **. He didn't allow me talking to supervisor even asking over and over. If food flies, maggots, and still smell ** even we cleaned up and they should give us a new fridge a lot faster but the master protection dept refused because they said the repairman has to repair total 4 services in order to get a new one. I told them it's not safe over and over. I have been deal over 2 wks with 10 different customer representatives online unresolved. Customers from Sears treat us so low.

Now, we might have to purchase a new fridge on our own somewhere else. We will never buy anything from Sears again. We paid the Kenmore Elite 31 Cu ft cost $2,400 plus tax last 5 yrs. Sears should pay back fridge $$, compensate without fridge, food loss, & unable hosting 4 kids summer program. I went down to Sears #3792 Lake Forest, CA on Friday, July 22, 2017 spoke with Shikli ** regarding how Sears customer services that I had been going thru the past 2 weeks without a fridge for my family. That's not right how the Sears provided you that you don't have to go thru the first place. I need this resolved immediately.

Update: Again ** Service by Sears. Part never received. Sears blows up my phone 24/7 to schedule a repair service. No one there knows what they are doing. I just showed my future neighbor all my repair invoices. He just canceled his $30k in appliances from Sears. That's one order canceled. I'll continue to get people to NOT buy from Sears or any of their products.

Sears is a joke... nothing but liars with incompetent workers from corporate to technicians. How do you order a part ruined by your Sears technician from Charlotte not A&E tech, send it to my home, two Corp reps tell me you're calling to verify it arrived, then tell me someone will be there 2 wks ago on Monday between 8-5 to repair it and they not call; no show. I call Debra at corp and get zero response after 3 messages. I call Serena in Georgia and get zero response. It's awesome I have a part laying on my floor and have received no response from anyone. I will be at Sears Sat n Sun with all my receipts and repairs invoices making sure no one buys any appliances from there! I'm done with all the lies! Next stop will be my attorney's office on Monday.

Update: Just received the part for the 2nd time damaged. Corporate doesn't respond anymore because the rep Debra can't understand English and Sabrina from Georgia office calls from a number you cannot return a call to. The service tech no showed for the repair and took my 1st part with him. Gave me his cell # and refuses to respond or giving my part back to me. I want a new refrigerator after they've destroyed mine with their incompetencies.

On April 7, 2017 we purchased from Sears a Kenmore Elite (LG) refrigerator, model number, 795.51823.411 (item # 04651823000P). The refrigerator was delivered on April 20, 2017. We purchased this refrigerator to replace a 45 year old Sears Coldspot refrigerator that had served us well for many years, and was still working fine. We weren’t in the market for a new refrigerator, but while picking up an online purchase at our local Sears store, the salesman convinced my wife and me that the purchase would benefit us in many ways. We finally agreed and completed the purchase for our new Kenmore Elite refrigerator through the Sears online site. One of the reasons we were looking forward to its delivery was because it matched our Kenmore Elite microwave oven we purchased on an earlier occasion.

Unfortunately, problems for us developed immediately on April 20, upon the delivery of our new refrigerator. The delivery people were in such a big hurry, that they caused damage to our interior doorway to the kitchen. They were careless and left a gouge the width of the kitchen doorway door jam. The delivery person asked if he could handle the repair himself, but not feeling comfortable with that solution, we reported it to Sears on that same day. Exactly after two months afterwards and many emails, compensation was finally made for the damage. Because of the damage to our kitchen doorway, we weren’t in the mood to start the removal of the protective plastic film covering various parts of the refrigerator, the two doors, the Kenmore Elite door emblem and also other protective plastic film that was inside.

Sometime in May, we started first with the removal of the exterior protective film covering the Kenmore Elite emblem. Upon its removal, we noticed a dent in the door where the emblem is located. We were certain the delivery people, while installing the refrigerator, pushed too hard on the door causing the dent. A few days later, we tried to make contact with a representative to describe the door issue. While doing so, on May 13th, we were connected to the chat service online. The representative convinced us to keep the refrigerator and not replace the damaged door while offering us a 15% item discount as compensation.

We went along with that recommendation and thought that maybe one day we might replace the door, or perhaps live with it. It was a few days after, we continued with the removal of the interior plastic film protection. In doing so, we came across paint flaking off a portion of the refrigerator frame, and behind it, what appeared to be rust. Additionally, we found a broken piece off a part of the refrigerator. We weren’t certain, but it looked like a locating pin of some sort. It is about an inch long in length, and was simply sitting upon one of the shelves.

Shortly afterwards, we contacted Sears Kenmore Service. A technician was dispatched about a week later. It was on May 31st, that the technician (**) arrived. The technician carefully examined the refrigerator, and confirmed the worst possible scenario to me; our new refrigerator’s interior frame was rusted. The technician called into STAC, (Strategic Technical Assistance Center), and afterward told me that they put in an order for touch-up paint. He finished by saying something about us living close to the ocean, and that being the cause as to the origin of the rust. I live in Culver City, not really near the ocean. How could a new refrigerator not even a month old already begin to rust? It had to be a manufacturing defect. The technician had no explanation as to the origin of the broken part and seemed more concerned with the rust issue. As a result, it continued to be unresolved.

We were definitely not enthusiastic with the solution being offered to us. Covering rust with paint, and not offering a real solution to the rusted frame, did not make a whole lot of sense. Neither, did the lack of concern to determine the location for the broken part found sitting on one of the interior shelves. The technician even seemed to be at a loss for words when given the poor solution through STAC. He did state in simple terms, “Sears should provide for you a replacement refrigerator”.

A day later on June 1st, we made another attempt to resolve our issues. We contacted the Sears Escalation Team, but they declined to help us. They suggested we contact Sears Kenmore Service again, which we did. They agreed to send a senior technician to arrive on June 9th, and to make an investigation. Kenmore Support made it sound like a specialist, that was familiar with our issues, was coming to help solve our problems. On June 9th, to our surprise, it was the same technician that came out to our home previously. He took photos with his cell phone and sent them to STAC, while conversing with them on the phone. As a result, and on the advice from STAC, the technician covered over the rusted inside frame of our new refrigerator with touch-up paint. Additionally, they had no solution to the broken part found floating around inside.

When attempting to contact Kenmore service once more, we were told that this time, we would have to pay for a service call. To add to our frustration, we have also received a Safety Recall Notice that affects our new refrigerators ice maker. Our whole family has bought all our appliances from Sears for years. Sears has always been respected for representing high quality going way back to before I was born. It’s been almost 60 years ago, just for me alone when my grandfather purchased from Sears a brand new JC Higgins bicycle. I was just seven years of age, and I’ll never forget that memorable occasion.

The Kenmore Elite Side by Side refrigerator we bought was represented as being a solid investment by the Sears representative, and a great choice for us. What’s happened afterwards is not what we expected from the trusted name of Sears. We are extremely unhappy with how our problems have been addressed. At this point, we’re sorry we gave up our 45 year old Sears Coldspot refrigerator that was still working fine.

We did not receive a response to the request of a replacement refrigerator, emailed to customerservice@searshc.com, on 06/20/2017. On 06/30/2017, we sent a certified letter asking once again for the defective refrigerator to be replaced. On 07/07/2017, we were contacted by Sears and instead of offering to replace the refrigerator; we were offered $100 compensation instead. We are very frustrated, we bought a new refrigerator, not an old one with, rust issues, broken parts, and dents. We want to have a new replacement refrigerator without all these terrible issues.

I purchased a Kenmore Elite 73167 28.5 cu. ft. French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator w/ Grab-N-Go Door Black Stainless Steel, new, from Sears less than a year ago. The "black stainless" film is peeling off the refrigerator and freezer door. It's really a stainless steel refrigerator with a tinted film covering the doors and handled, similar to window tint. The appliance is still under warranty. I contacted the Sears Service department for assistance and provided a photo of the peeling tint.

Sears service department states that their technicians cannot repair it and that their parts department does not carry the film to repair it. It's their refrigerator, purchased with their coating! It is disappointing that Sears does not stand behind their product and that I am stuck with a peeling tint on a refrigerator that was a new, unscratched, not dented purchase that is less than one year old. I would like for Sears to repair or replace this product. I feel deceived. The film should be discontinued if it is not designed to last.

If you don't have a warranty on your appliance, Sears treats you like garbage. I won't purchase from them again. Will also advise friends and family to ditch Sears.

All they care about is the warranty. When the chat line comes up the first thing it asks is if you have a warranty, if you don't then they send a message back indicating that representatives are busy, try again later. My product/appliance was just a few months out of warranty when it stopped working. I have had Sears out to my home on three service calls within the last two months. The 1st visit the technician serviced my refrigerator with "gas" "Freon" - it worked for about one week. The same technician returned for second visit and did something - not sure what but it worked for about another week.

After placing each service call we were put off for one week before a technician could return. On the third visit on 7/10, another technician was sent - he never diagnosed the problem, he set up the next service call for 7/18, while he was still at my home. I told him that was too long to be without a refrigerator. I received two emails confirming the service call for 7/18 between 8-12. On 7/18, I made a call to Sears around 10:30 to get an estimate time of arrival. The foreign speaking lady advised me that there will not be a service technician coming to my home. While I was on the phone with her she sent me an email with a new service date of 7/27.

I was furious and made several attempts to speak with a supervisor (of course they tell you there is not one available). If I had not called about the service I would not have known they were not coming. Sears has been a reputable company in the past, obviously things have changed. I have never experience anything like this from Sears. Worst phone customer service/technicians were ok, they just get caught in the middle to push the warranty.

I purchased a fridge 2 years ago and it broke needing a $1000 part (we paid $1200 for the fridge). Because it is past the one year warranty, they will do nothing. This is morally and ethically wrong. Do not buy from Sears! There is something wrong with a company that can't stand by its product. I'm embarrassed for them and beyond infuriated.I have contacted the CEO as well as top management. My next step is to contact investors. People need to know that Sears sells poor quality and then does nothing to support their customers. I will live from a cooler until I can save to replace the trash I foolishly bought. Never again from Sears.

Immediately after my refrigerator was delivered I called requesting an exchange. The refrigerator was damaged. Seven weeks later of repeated calls, I still have not received an exchange. The exchange department continues to state, in their broken English, that yes, my order has been processed but that the off-line department must contact me to complete the exchange. They tell me that the off-line department will contact me in 24 to 72 hours. The off-line department has no phone number where they can be reached therefore I must make sure to answer my phone. This is a joke!!!

The off-line department does not call. I have continued to contact the exchange department and have been told repeatedly the same thing --- to wait 24 to 72 hours for the off-line department to call. No one calls. I returned to the Temecula store where I bought the appliance and talked to the Manager of Sears. I was assured that the exchange should have been completed by now. She asked if I had received a "case number", which I hadn't.

She copied my receipt and assured me that she would contact Sears Headquarters to help me and that she would call me within 2 days. It has been a week and I have heard nothing. Needless to say, this has been an unpleasant and frustrating experience. Customers should be told that Sears does not honor their own Exchange Policy and that "all sales are final". I will continue to call and plan to talk to the Sears Manager again. I will not buy another item from Sears again.

17 days with a broken refrigerator. Called Sears. Was give 21 July appointment. Called local company. They arrive very next morning. Control board is bad. A 4 year old fridge with a broken brain. It seems Sears is OKAY with my family living out of ice chests. RE DAMN DICULOUS. Seems the Kenmore Elite is in name only. Unit has a remote diagnosis tool but Sears will only let you use it if the unit is less than a year old. I really feel like a SUCKER. Nearly 3 grand for a fridge that is dead in under four years. DO NOT BUY SEARS.

I bought a Samsung refrigerator from Sears in 2011, paid $2.100 for it. Within 18 months it stopped working & had to pay Sears $400 in repairs, 1 year later another repair $340. Last year 2016 had to have the fan assembly & relay replaced, a week later had to have the compressor & 2 other parts replaced about $550 that was September 2016, yesterday it quit working again. I have now given up & buying a different refrigerator, but it DAMN sure won't be from SEARS. SEARS use to be a great store but not now. They are greedy with very poor customer service & now have a NEW scam going on, where they try to sell you a warranty on ALL of your appliances for $50 per month, if they wouldn't stand behind the 1st warranty what would make me believe that this NEW warranty is any different?

Stay away from Sears, Sears is now considered most likely to go bankrupt than any other business in America by leading stock analysts. Before you buy from SEARS think about this, in 2008 Sears stock was $150 a share, today it’s $8.06. LOL. Do you feel safe that they will be around for this NEW extended warranty? I don't. Shop elsewhere. I know I am.

I purchased two appliances on June 30th, 2017. The refrigerator was delivered on July 8th. After waiting the 24 hours for the appliance to get cold I began to take the food out of the coolers and stock the refrigerator and freezer. When I opened the freezer door for the first time the rubber gasket completely disconnected from the freezer door. It was clear that the door was defective. I called customer service and was told the soonest appointment was Tuesday and that the technician would arrive between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. I had to take time off of work but the freezer was full of ice and my food was spoiling. At 1:30 I called to make sure that a technician would be coming. After an hour on the phone with rude and belligerent associates I was told that the new window was 4:15 pm to 6:15 pm. I was told that there was only one technician in my area and that he was running late. 4 HOURS LATE??

The technician finally showed up just before 6:00 pm and not surprisingly, said the door was defective. He needed to order a new one and it would be at least two weeks. I still have a defective freezer and now I will no doubt get another window for someone to come back and put the new door on. Another lost day of work. The other appliance that I ordered was a microwave. I was promised four delivery dates before it finally arrived on July 14th. I just finished installing the microwave and it is also defective. I called and the associate said this is totally unacceptable. I agree! She put me on hold and apologized that there was nothing she could do. She said that I should call GE. I called GE and they said that a technician would come out Friday (6 days from now) between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm. Another lost day of work.

There is no one at Sears that has any ability to communicate well with their customers or resolve the situation in a satisfactory way. This has been a terrible experience and Sears does not seem to care at all. The call centers are outsourced out of the country. The customer service representatives frequently do not have a good command of the English language and there is no way to talk to anyone with any authority to make things right. Sears should deliver to me new appliances that work properly at an agreed-upon time. That would be the right thing to do, but I have found that a once great American company has decided that customer service and standing behind one's product are past.

Our refrigerator broke on March 28, 2017 and is still broke as of today July 12, 2017. We have had numerous service calls, 2 motherboards replaced, 2 compressors and evaporator all replaced, and it still doesn't work. Warranty is suppose to replace unit after 3 major failures. I found out yesterday that they do not close out the service ticket on repeat repairs like ours, therefore we have had one long service call and DO NOT qualify for a new unit. They will just keep repairing this one as long as they want to. Sears is no better than a common thief and do not care that a customer has been without a working fridge for over 100 days.

Do not buy a Sears Warranty office. Their computer systems are always down and their scheduling overbooks. My specific experience is that I bought a Sears Warranty on a refrigerator. The refrigerator was broke. After three phone calls where they did not help me I got an appointment for five days later. Five days without refrigeration. In taking time off on the scheduled appointment date, they called while I was waiting to say they were not coming. In trying to get a phone number to complain they just keep you on hold. Now I have a broken refrigerator and no one will tell me when someone is coming. Avoid working with Sears. Best Buy is a much better option.

I have owned a Kenmore Elite refrigerator for two years. This appliance broke down on me twice within the two years. The first time the bottom of the fridge had a layer of ice and it wouldn't remain cold. It was repaired after dealing with no fridge for over a month. Now my fridge has a new problem that not one technician can figure out since May 2017.

I am almost three months without a fridge and was told by Sears their policy is the same problem has to happen within 1 yr. to qualify for a replacement. Yeah right, what is the likelihood of that happening. I was not informed of that policy when I purchased their useless extended warranty protection. I called customer service several times and spoke with a person that barely speaks English. Was misinformed by the customer service rep and demanded a supervisor. She apologized for my inconvenience. I told her I am tired of living out of a cooler and two little refrigerators.

She continued to quote the policy of 4 times for the same issue. Every time I make an appointment I have to wait at least two weeks. Sears does not care about their customers. Please do not waste your hard earned money on their products and also their warranties. I don't believe this company will be in business much longer if they continue to operate in this manner. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND NEVER BUY A SEARS PRODUCT!!!

On 07/06/2017 my parents purchased a Kenmore refrigerator for Sears in Palmdale, CA. Delivery and installation was arranged for 07/09/2017. We received a call on 07/08/2017 confirming delivery on 07/09/2017 between 9 AM and 11 AM. On 07/09/2017 the telephone rang at 0630 AM. It was the Sears delivery asking if they can deliver at 0830 or 1030 AM. Why such an early call? I did tell him 0830 was fine.

They showed up at 0930. They were supposed to remove the old refrigerator and install the new one. However, the delivery person stated that he could not install the new one because the water shut off valve was not correct and we needed to call a plumber before the new one could be installed. They then left the new refrigerator in the garage, did not put it together and told us to call after the plumber took care of the valve. The plumber came out the next day and could not understand why the new refrigerator was not installed because the shut off valve was appropriate and the correct size for the new refrigerator and in good working order.

Sears customer service was called while the plumber was present and they instructed the plumber to go ahead and install the refrigerator!!! The plumber did install the new one and placed the old one out in the garage. The new one did not have the handles put on the doors and none of the plastic was removed from the inside. I called Sears customer service 800-469-4663 to have someone finish with the installation ie: put handles on the doors, remove old refrigerator which was paid for and get reimbursement for the cost incurred by the plumber, after Sears was paid to do the installation.

Customer service then transferred me to Customer solutions. I spoke to a Don ** in that department. He did apologize and said Sears will reimburse the cost of the plumber and will have a check sent out in 6 business days. He stated he will call back in 10 minutes with a time to finish the installation and pick up of the old refrigerator. He called back and stated that haul away of the old refrigerator was not paid for, even though it is clearly itemized on the sales receipt and charged. I called back once I got the receipt out spoke to customer solutions once again. This time it was a person named Jay? He said he could not transfer me to the original person I spoke to but he has the notes in the computer and will see what he can do to help.

I explained to him all over again what was happening. I also let him know that my father was 89 years old and was not able to open the refrigerator without the handles. Jay did say he could see the haul away fee on the receipt and will see what he can do to have everything taken care of. He placed me on hold. He came back on the line and said he was calling the delivery department, placed me on hold again and call was disconnected.

I called back again, this time I got Deseree. After explaining everything again, she placed me on hold contacted the delivery department. She came back on the line stating that someone will be out on 07/13/2017. I told her that was not acceptable because my 89 year parents cannot get into the refrigerator to put food from the old one, which is now in the garage in 100 degree weather. Let alone get food out of the new one once it was in there, because it does not have handles. She stated that she will try and get an emergency tech to come out and install the handles. She then asked for my cell # in case we were disconnected and if we were she would call me right back. She placed me on hold and we were disconnected.

I called back after waiting 20 minutes and not receiving a callback. This time I spoke to Ray. Explained everything again told him that the appointment on 07/13/2017 was not acceptable. He then said there was nothing more that he could do. I asked to speak to a manager. My call was transferred to Page, who identified herself as the manager of the delivery department. After explaining everything to her again she states that they are over booked and cannot come out any sooner.

I explained that my parents are 89 years old and cannot open the new refrigerator and on a fixed income. Was Sears going to pay for food replacement since it is all in the old one in the garage? She stated no. I asked he if she would treat her parents this way? She said no but they still cannot send anyone out. I also asked her if 0630 in the morning was an appropriate time to call for delivery arrangements. She said yes. I then told her it was very sad that a loyal customer for many years cannot get the service that was paid for and because they are overbooked should not be our problem. I also told her I felt that they were taking advantage of the elderly. She just said sorry and call was terminated. I am totally disgusted over the treatment I and my parents received from the service and delivery department of Sears. They received their money and did not want to render services that were paid for.

I purchase a refrigerator from Sears on 7/3/17. They promise me a delivery on July 6. The same day they called me and cancel delivery because the manufacturer didn't send the refrigerator. Sears rescheduled the delivery to July 11, 2017. Today I receive a call from the delivery department and they cancel the delivery again because of the same reason. I call the store more than 20 times - no answer. The customer service don't want to give an answer. I don't understand why Sears sell you something they do not have. They change the delivery day 2, 3 times etc. I need my refrigerator because the day before the 1st delivery I give away the old one. Bad customer service. I give zero stars. Bad experience.

In April, 2016, I purchased a refrigerator from Sears. It was a scratch and dent, which is supposed to mean there are only cosmetic damages, but the appliance should work like new. Within the first 90 days, the freezer started making a grinding noise that could be heard from my kitchen (in the front of the house) to the back of the house. They wanted to charge a $200 trip fee despite the appliance being in the one year warranty phase. They already had to come out once to hook up the water that the delivery folks couldn't fix.

I called in and wrote many times and was rejected out of hand or never answered at all. One year and one day later, the freeze is completely blown. Contacted a refrigerator repair person who stated that the issue is a well known issue and an easy fix. Screw Sears. Will never shop with them again. I'm kinda happy they are going bankrupt.

It's going on 5 weeks no fridge. I thought it was just bad luck but after seeing the other reviews I'M in for a ride. I'M to the point of loading it up and driving it thru the front door of Sears and leaving it there. This seems to be a built-in flaw. Anyone one out there want to join me in a lawsuit... strength in numbers. Email **. This may be the only option available to help us.

This is the second time that we have had issues with regards to a new refrigerator purchased 13 months ago. This time the unit is literally dying as I write this and the best they can do is over 2, yes 2 weeks before they can send someone. The plan will replace all of the food, but what do we do for the next 2 WEEKS! I will NEVER buy from SEARS again. This is unacceptable. I hope they do fold and go out of business.

This is two part complaint: in October 2014, we put our current fridge on layaway, because we wanted make sure we got it, but we didn't need for a few weeks until we moved into our new home. When we went into fully pay, purchase and have it delivered... it was not available. They told us, they would give us a fridge until our fridge was back in stock. We thought we were getting a lower model of the same LG fridge we had on order. No, they gave us the fridge on the corresponding receipt. We then went to top tier management, and finally the right fridge was delivered to our home.

Two and a half years later in May 2017: I called on the 4th of May, when I noticed my fridge not working. They came on the 5th of May. The technician said he didn't time for the appointment that day. So he rescheduled me for the 19th of May. I called the following Monday to check if I could get an earlier appointment, the appointment was not made. So they had to reschedule me for the 24th of May. I then was told that that the first technician did not report any findings whatsoever, and no notes on my fridge nor the job was found. The technician on the 24th had to start as if it were the first time coming to our house to look and diagnose the fridge. He proceeded to order parts to what he assumed was going wrong with the appliance, but was yet to be determined. We made an appointment for the 2nd of June, I then received an email (on my birthday) May 31st stating they rescheduled our appointment June 15th.

Date 5/5/2017 first service date. Technician says that he is not able to stay and see if he can fix fridge. June 15th- Jeff, the technician says: "I'm not sure why they guy thought it was the compressor" (the compressor was ordered on the 22nd of May). 40 degrees in freezer, 55 in fridge for a month and a half. Times technicians have come to the house: May 5th -nothing, here for less than 30 min. No help. Did not write down notes, was not in system, they even came to our house. Complaint #: **. May 22nd -ordered parts here for 1.5hrs. June 15- replaced compressor, here for 4 hrs. started to go back to main issue in less than 24hrs. June 16- check temperatures, because it seemed to not keep things cold still. It was not, but he said it would. July 5th - technician tried to clear lines? Here for almost 6 hours. No change. Also, 3 scheduled, reschedules.

After July 5th, technician, the refrigerator is worse off than ever. Not working. Temp in freezer 45 degrees, fridge 60 degrees. We have called and called the warranty center, and they just keep sending out technicians... on their website, they state no lemon, and after three tries... they will replace. The phone operators say it has to be done 4x; which is conflict of warranty.

It is now July 6th. And we have had two months of no fridge on a refrigerator that is only 2.5 years old and still under Sears 5 year warranty. We have had 5 technicians come out, with time windows... that holds us down to do nothing and sit at home and wait. We have cancelled vacations, spent a thousands of dollars on fresh food and going out, because of a inoperable fridge. Twitter complaints, phone complaints... it has been a nightmare!

We have had a warranty on an ice maker now for a few years. Magically, this thing seems to break every year at the end of the warranty cycle and we have to go through the same issue of having to renew. This time, the ice maker broke 1 week before the warranty expired. Sears was called out and they said it was fixed. It did not make ice 24 hours later so we called them back out. Now it's a few days away from the warranty ending and they show back up again... Keep in mind it's the same 2 people that always show up. They decide that it needs a bunch of parts to be repaired. It takes Sears 2 weeks to finally get all the parts delivered to the house. The appointment gets rescheduled for 2 weeks later and I take the time off work to wait for the technician. The tech calls and says that if he comes out now, he will have to charge due to the warranty expiring. What a scam that is!!!

Now I am back at work and I'm trying to reach the department to reschedule. I get hung up on twice. It finally answers and it's the stupid call center in India or wherever the heck it is but I know it's not someone from the United States based on the operator and the background noise. All they can say is "I'm sorry to hear about that". I can't stand these companies that use these overseas call centers. There are plenty of people in the United States that need jobs. I finally get it rescheduled for the 13th but I'm not positive this will end well.

I purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator in 2013 with warranty. And in 2015 it broke. After 3 months of technicians trying to diagnose it. I contacted the manager at Sears in Montclair regarding the situation. He exchanged it for a 2015 Kenmore Elite model. Now in 2017 my Kenmore refrigerator has stopped cooling. It is now out of warranty and I contacted Sears. They said there is nothing they can do. Is there any way I can file a class action law suit.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Profile