Sears Appliance - Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Paid $177.95 for nothing. This was the cost for the diagnostic. I had a problem in my refrigerator freezer. The tech came to my home for 5 minutes and did the diagnostic test: Parts (Switch) $83, Labor $405.95, Total after taxes and all things $494.93. We have to change a switch, that's all. When I asked the tech why the labor is so high, he told me that it is the Sears list of prices. Can you believe 500 dollars to change a switch? They would be ashamed to charge $83 for a part that it is even cheaper at Amazon and 406 DOLLARS IN LABOR. I will never use Sears Home Services again, they just charge me for doing nothing.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I really am beginning to hate Sears customer service. My fridge is 4 years old. I bought the maintenance agreement because I got the fridge at a good price. I called for my yearly free check up. George showed up and did maintenance. He told me to call back in six months because he had a funny feeling about the compressor. The next day, fridge stopped cooling. I immediately called service and she told me Sept. 6th they would be out. I got an email and it said 6/13. I called again and said the girl told me Sept 6th. The email says Sept. 13th. They said that was first appt. I told her, "I wanted someone on the 6th like you promised." She said, "I will connect you to emergency services." A gentlemen said, “They will be there on the 6th.” I hung up. They have not shown up today. I called back service again and everything is automated. YOU CAN'T TALK TO A REAL PERSON. It still said my service is on the 13th! They ** lied to me! I hate them period!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite kitchen suite in 2017. All products are LG under the Kenmore banner. To be short, we have replaced circuit board 4 times in the electric range and compressor in the refrigerator. All within 5 years of ownership.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I ordered a refrigerator off of Sears's website. The product their product offered an optional ice-make with a box marked for installation. It even had a section to check that the icemaker would be installed upon delivery. Sears outsourced the delivery to Costco. The Costco delivery people had no idea about the icemaker installation and were not even willing to hook up the water line. They drove off with the refrigerator aggressively angry. Cosco's delivery representative Nikki made a call to Sears sales complaint department, Carl. Carl guaranteed that the situation would be resolved and everything would be installed upon delivery. When the Costco folks came a second time it was identical. They had no idea about the installation. Sears botched the delivery instructions, didn't communicate with their delivery men, and turned a simple appliance hook-up into an uncomfortable and aggressive mess. I will never shop Sears again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I bought my refrigerator and the warranty on it through Sears. My refrigerator broke after 3 years and I called sears warranty because I'm still under warranty. They had to send 3 repairmen before I was actually helped. It has now been 6 weeks and my fridge is still not fixed. It was their mistake as the first 2 repairmen were not approved through my warranty contract to work on my fridge. I have now asked them to reimburse me for all the food I have had to spend the last 6 weeks and they refuse to reimburse me. I am a teacher and am going broke because of this along with I suffer from a seizure disorder and this stress and lack of help is causing my seizures to get worse.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I bought a Kenmore refrigerator 6 years ago model 795.5.51812.410. It lasted only 6 years. If the government wants to regulate something they should regulate the quality of appliances these days! Raping the Earth for natural resources to build these things, then 5 years later dumping them back in the ground makes no sense!

Original review: July 21, 2022

I'm 2 yrs into a 5 yr refrigerator warranty, I've had a technician come out 4 times for the same issue (the door isn't closing, we have to use tape to secure it), I requested a replacement and they say a tech has to come out a few more times to qualify. I've been extremely patient but the last straw was today, the tech never showed up (I took the day off for this) and when I called the technician's company they had the audacity to be rude to me stating they were just out here last week (that was my point exactly!). I called Sears 3 times (the 1st rep disconnected the call, the 2nd had me on hold literally over 22 mins and the 3rd helped somewhat). No offense to any culture but it's difficult to understand any of the sales reps and because of the language barrier what should normally take 5 mins will usually take 10 to 15 mins. I see why Sears is closing most of their stores as they are THE WORSE!!!!

Original review: June 9, 2022

I purchased a Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator five years ago from Sears. It has had two issues within that time frame. The ice maker will go on a hiatus from time to time. A major repair issue occurred recently; the compressor had to be replaced. Sears is known for having quality appliances, that is the reason I chose their appliance. I have another brand refrigerator in my basement that has been working without any regular maintenance issues for over 15 years. I expected the same quality from Sears. I am very disappointed with the reliability of the refrigerator.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I am infuriated!! I purchase a kitchen appliance suite from Sears in 2017 brand new. Five years later, in 2022, my refrigerator just stop freezing! As a result, I lost all the food I had in the freezer. I took very good care of my refrigeration... There was no unusual wear and tear and it still looks new! I contacted Sears hoping there was some kind of defect in the product. I was told, "We do have some recall models but yours is not one (model:795.5188.412 serial:707MRGC1v335) and the only remedy for you is to schedule a repair with our expensive repair service."

Every refrigerator I have ever had lasted 20+ years. When I replaced my last refrigerator with the 2017 purchase, that refrigerator was 27 yrs. old and still running with no problem! Of course the only reason I replaced my old refrigerator is because I upgraded my appliances. This company has lost its reputation as far as product dependability! It has been official for some time now; however, I represent the next in line joining that list of disappointed consumers and will never buy from Sears again!... And, Oh, I'm cancelling my credit card that I've had for many years...Goodbye!

Original review: May 10, 2022

Kenmore fridge under Sears warranty. 1st broke down in Dec 2021. A month later 4 visits (1 no show) supposedly fixed. 3 months later fridge dead from Freon leak. Sears service makes appts for repair & no one comes, even after promises. 2 weeks no fridge. Called Sears service and they cannot help me. 4 days btw appointments. Then another 4 days because no one shows. Called numerous departments, and they all read the same script about how sorry they are and will report it and someone will call me. No one calls and no one comes. They have not honored their warranty. I believe they are forcing me to break it by going to an outside repair service.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information