Sears Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The details of this incident are listed below but the bottom line is the Sears Outlet Store sold me a broken Samsung Refrigerator from 2012 under the pretense it was a working, new item that only had a few minor scratches and dents. The purchase was made on the 3rd of March and returned on the 18th of March and my refund was not processed until today when I had to make another call to Sears in order to have the funds released back to my account. I have never in my life encountered such poor customer service, poor quality merchandise, or such a horrible warranty program. I was also appalled and disappointed that throughout this I was contacting an American company in the United States and only ONE TIME was I able to speak with anyone who spoke English that I could understand.

I purchased a Samsung Refrigerator with the Sears Master Protection agreement on March 3, 2017 from the Sears Outlet Store on Kingston Pike in Knoxville, TN. The fridge was picked up on March 10th and brought home and installed on the 12th. That same day I called warranty service because the fridge wasn't working at all and was told to wait 24 hours. The next day I called again because it still was not cooling or working at all. A technician finally came to the house to look at it on the 15th and found that the fridge was several years old and needed the freezer coils replaced before anything else could be done to diagnose the issue. I was told the repair would not take place until the 21st. That is a solid WEEK with no fridge.

I then called the Sears Outlet Store in Knoxville and spoke with Eric, the assistant manager, who was quite clueless as to how I could return the item or as to why I was sold a broken item. Several phone calls and hours later I was able to talk to the manager of the local store here in Kansas City who told me what needed to be done. Then I had to make the phone call to Eric and explain to him how to do his job and have the fridge picked up. It was picked up on the 18th of March and I never heard anything from Sears, nor did I get a refund. I called Eric again this morning and had to remind him to process my refund. He claims he has now released funds back to my account. All told I paid $1500 for the fridge and warranty on March 3, and despite returning the item on the 18th and making several complaints I still do not have my money back.

During this process I was kicked around customer service repeatedly, denied the use of the warranty service, denied the right to make a claim for the food, and even told by your own technician that I should never buy appliances from the Sears Outlet Store. Luckily I had the funds to purchase another, new fridge from a different retailer or I still would not have one at all. To be frank I will be filing complaints with the BBB and Consumer Affairs and will never step foot in a Sears Store again.

We purchased a Kenmore Double doors refrigerator on Jan 20, 2017 from Sears in Hayward, CA and was delivered on the 24th! Our joy was short-lived, when we discovered that we have 4 dents in the right door, right after the delivery guys left. I know it was my mistake trying to be nice and offering to remove the plastic from the doors, very bad idea! So I looked quickly to my receipt and I saw that you have to call in 72 hours to report the damage and I called right away, on 1/24/17. I was asked if I want a new fridge, and again, being stupid and nice, I said: "Well, it's too heavy and I don't want to cause too much trouble, please just change my door!" So the lady said, if I don't want the whole appliance changed, she will transfer me to service and schedule an appointment for a technician to come and assess the damage of the dents. So the next available one was 2/17/17.

Two days later on the 26 of January I called back because my sliced cheese and deli froze in the lower drawer! Few days later I called again when I picked up the gallon of milk who was completely frozen! Then my carrots, and celery, and everything in the other two drawers were ice! I was told to wait for the technician and after the appointment was confirmed few times, I was called to reschedule because the technician got hurt. So finally on 2/24 the technician showed up and after checking everything and talking with his supervisor gave me the order number where he wrote that I need to get a different refrigerator. But I have to wait 24 to 48 hrs for someone to call me. Then I called back, because nobody called! So the lady I talked too was very nice, sorry I didn't know I have to write down names and times and make a case number, and she told us that we can order online a new fridge in the same price range or go to the store.

My husband, who likes to see the real things, took me to the store in Hayward. The sales guy on the floor told us that we are not in the system, and we have to go back and resolve the problem with the warranty! So, because we are cover one year under Kenmore, and we bought an additional warranty from Sears for $499, to be safe just in case, we were transferred from one person to another, and finally after the 5 transfer when I started to cry, we were told, that we called too late, there is no evidence that we call and there is nothing they can do! But, we have to wait for 2 more weeks for another technician to come and verified again the damage!

Again, full of hope and stress due everything freezing in the freezer, and discovering the ice maker is not working, we waited patiently for the second guy who came on 3/9/17! He is very nice, very understanding, took pictures of the dents, then find out we need to have the whole board changed, and order the parts for it, but we couldn't resolve the problem with the door. We got transferred on his phone to delivery department and we were told that we waited too much to report the problem, we passed the 30 days to return the fridge, and even I had the work order dated on 2/24 which was exactly 30 days since delivery, we were told they can do nothing, they are very sorry and thank us for choosing Sears! I was in tears again, my husband was so upset when he came home and found out where we stand!

Therefore, after I calmed down, I called again, even the second technician suggested that it will be better to have it replace! So he said to wait few days to see if the fridge get replaced to call and cancelled the repair! We waited few more days, nobody called, so I called again, because my husband is working. I talked with a very nice girl, I know her name but I'll keep it for now, and she apologized for the stress and said the earliest appointment is March 23, and because I had no choice, I accepted the appointment with the promise that if someone cancel we will be on the waiting list! Just before the end of the conversation, I asked her if it shows in the system that I called about the dents on the 24 of January and she said that the first record was on 1/26! I was surprised but I was happy that we are still on the 72 hrs window, but next time when I called there was no record of it!

I called again, I talked with another nice person, who told me that I called 11 times, and when I asked to send me the transcript or the recording of my calling, said is not able to, but he told me to call back and speak with the CUSTOMER SOLUTION REPRESENTATIVE, which I did and after I was refused again, I asked to speak with the supervisor or the manager in charge to the department, and I was told she is the highest power, nobody else can take my call, her name is Lourdes, if she gave me the real name, and she hung up the phone very quickly thanking me again for choosing Sears! I wanted to make a desperate appeal to her human side and ask her if she think is fair for me to pay so much for the warranty, to deal with these kind of problems with a brand new fridge for two months, but looks there are just very few humans left in this company.

WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR THIS TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH SEARS AND KENMORE, AND VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT NO ONE CALLED US after we made a complaint online to both! We bought all our appliances from Sears for a long time and it's the first time we have this problem. I still hope we can work something out! Probably I'm still stupid! We are coming from a communist country and after 26 years of being proud citizens of The United States of America, we feel like we went back to communism. CAN SOMEONE HELP (the ice maker was repaired by the second technician and made ice just one day, then stopped, so I have a case number for that also and we have all the receipts!)? What is hurting me the most, is that they are lying about what's in the system and made me look like I'm the one.:(

About 2 years ago we purchased the Sears Elite products with the remodel of our kitchen. Eighteen months after the purchase we had a service call on the Refrigerator for a frosted up fan. The fan killed the cooling and freezing capability of the Refrigerator. They came out, fixed the problem and we were pleased. UNTIL the most recent issue. We called them out on December 21 for a similar problem. They came out, I thought they fixed the problem until January 9th when the Refrigerator stopped freezing again. We scheduled an appointment, the best they could do was Jan 23 two weeks out. On Jan 22 we received a call that a sickness required reschedule of our appointment to Jan 29. On Jan 29 the service tech came out and told us we needed a new cooling unit. He would need to order the parts. On Feb 6 we had another visit to check the unit. The service tech scheduled another appointment TWO MORE WEEKS out.

COME ON SEARS even the DMV puts their customers in a priority line when they have already waited through the 20 or more previous customers. WE STILL DO NOT HAVE OUR Refrigerator repaired and we are at Feb 13. The Sears service team technicians are ok but the organization and dispatchers are far worse to deal with than the DMV. I am sorry to say I have been a loyal Sears customers for over 60 years. IT ENDS NOW.

Bought a Sears Kenmore refrigerator (top of the line at Sears) last August as the final part of our kitchen remodel. We also bought the Master Protection Agreement at that time, for a total (appliance + warranty) over $3k. In late December, the ice maker on the fridge stopped working. We have had at least a dozen phone calls to their master protection number (1-800-469-4663), 5 repair visits to our house, and still no working ice maker. Most frustrating part, aside from a nearly new fridge that doesn't work, is that we get the run around every time we call. Multiple calls have simply been dropped (calling from a land line, so it's on their end) when we actually get up the chain to someone who supposedly can help us. A fridge that doesn't work and a warranty that can't fix it? My advice? DO NOT BUY A MAJOR APPLIANCE FROM SEARS. EVER.

I have had the worse experience since purchasing my fridge. The delivery of the fridge was late and no one called after the delivery window. The repair man never showed up with no call. The customer service rep claimed they were busy with other customers and couldn't make it and then changed her story to the repair man showed up at six. I will never buy another appliance from Sears. Once you buy something from them the quality of customer service vanishes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

The inside of the fridge seems so small compared to other similar models. In the freezer compartment is really hard to keep things organized. The inside also needs to be redesigned to hold more. I have seen other styles like this one that take full advantage of every square foot. We have a smaller Whirlpool fridge in our garage that holds more food than this larger unit. The unit also has had some repair issues and there is a fan noise that no one can fix after several tries by Sears and I just live with the noise. The only good thing about this unit is it is an attractive design on the outside.

This refrigerator has problems from the beginning. The doors would not stay closed. We paid and a repairman came (from Sears). The screws and hinges were plastic and he said they have not worked and we still had to pay. Three yrs later, the ice maker does not work. I would never buy another refrigerator from Sears. They tell you to take out insurance on their product when you buy it. And I will tell you that you will be sorry if you don't.

If you want to expect a large appliance try going with spending more money and buying the warranty. The warranties are a rip-off but in this case, they would have been worth it. After a few years, the refrigerator started costing time and repair money. Most of the problems center around the parts used in the ice maker. Too much money wasted on a large appliance and it's poorly designed and made. If you use Sears for the repairs be careful. The one that comes to our house tried to resell us a part that came out of our refrigerator 6 months earlier when he repaired it. I will not buy another Sears appliance. They're not what they used to be!!

Our previous fridge was a Fisher Paykel. Actually smaller than the new one on the outside but with 1/3 more room on the inside, also had better shelves. Sears went from side to side without all the plastic brackets taking up space. The freezer, which is my particular complaint with this Sears fridge, is a pull out drawer with no solid bottom so ice and small stuff falls out every time it's opened. It's also about 1/3 smaller than the FP model. You have to be careful because if packages are not even with the drawer they will get crushed. The light bulb has already been broken because of this. So sorry I didn't spend the extra $ for another FP. You get what you pay for with this Sears refrigerator.

This fridge has glass shelves, which I will demand in any future fridges I buy, and no wire racks. The door also closes tightly, and no cool air leaks out. It is not beautiful or large, but it is very functional and reliable.

We bought one of Sears side by side refrigerators trying to shop local. We were into our 30 day warranty when complaints began that our ice maker never worked. So we have had one service call and a new ice maker installed and no ice since we bought it. We were told we are out of warranty so no help. We tried to explain we were within our 30 days when we complained about this. Manager very angrily told us that we had to have a tech here 4 times before it was claimed a "lemon" and would have to deal with Sears 800. Do not buy from them!!! Run Forrest Run!!! So make America Great Again everyone. Just hand out a grand you don't have and get nothing back for it.

Mine is the Galaxy brand (made by Sears) and was almost identical to a Kenmore brand sitting next to it, but several hundred dollars cheaper. I have had one service call on it (in 10 years) which was to replace the ice maker. The repair man told me they're only designed to last about 5-7 years, at best. It has been a very good refrigerator.

It is not as large capacity as it seems. Not enough freezer space, too. Ice dispenser dispenses all over the floor and the cubes are not cubes. Prints are also all over surface and cannot remove. Overpriced! I would not buy this refrigerator again.

First of all, I just bought this brand new refrigerator this past Spring, 2016. My husband and I bought a home and there was no refrigerator in it. I wouldn't expect any brand new refrigerator to malfunction in any way, right off-the-bat. This is the primary reason why Sears has scored on the very top of the list. My final thoughts are that my parents had a Sears ColdSpot refrigerator from the time I was a little kid sucking on my fingertips until the time my sister and I gave it away because of parents' death. My sister and I were already in our late forties when we gave the refrigerator away. I cannot ever remember a time when mom and dad had this refrigerator worked on. It was truly a remarkable refrigerator!

I needed a refrigerator, and I called Furniture Bank. They found the refrigerator for me and I got it for free as it is a used refrigerator. I am very grateful to have a fridge, although I still need a stove. But to that end, I am moving soon and will leave the fridge for the other people living there, as it is a good refrigerator/freezer. I have three kids so the fridge was a godsend.

I have had this fridge for 8 years and I love the bottom drawer freezer. However, this fridge was not tested properly. Bottom drawers are important and used daily but they do not fit well and their sliders do not have enough support. Insulation between freezer and bottom drawers is not good enough that leafy vegetables in drawers freeze sometimes. Food should never freeze in a fridge... even the bottom drawers in a bottom freeze unit.

Two days after we got the refrigerator we found our whole kitchen floor seeping water. When the repairman came he found the waterline INSIDE was not connected. I will say Sears was good about it. They paid to have our kitchen, laundry room, and dining room floor replaced as all had water damage. Things were ok for about a year then the bar on the outside door for ice stopped working. Since the warranty was out we decided to just open the door and get ice. Would not buy another Sears appliance.

Sears refrigerators are always dependable and last a long time. The appearance is also simple and modern and fits with almost any decor. Great value for the amount of money spent as it is not expensive.

I've had this refrigerator for 5 years and will never buy a Sears large appliance again. The refrigerator works well however, the shelves are plastic and were cheaply made. I have noticed in the last 5 years that I purchased 2 Sears products, one was a clothes washer, the other was the refrigerator. But I'm done with Sears.

Our Sears refrigerator was born in the late nineteen seventies and it's still running, only one replaced fan (ten dollars) and works just fine. This was made in the USA with American parts and it lasted decades. The newer machines with foreign made parts rarely last one decade let alone several.

It's an ok refrigerator. Shelf security is somewhat marginal, especially on the doors. The door shelves are prone to falling off and making a mess. The shelves inside are hard to adjust and get lined up. Otherwise is generally acceptable.

We have had this refrigerator for more than 30 years. And short from minor and very low maintenance we have had nothing but good reliable service. This refrigerator has given us the quality service most homeowners wish. Never complained about the solid service rendered.

Kenmore Elite refrig 795.74099.410 - After 11 months the evaporator fan starting making noise. The serviceman came out and stated the ice build-up on this model is an inherent problem. He proceeded to use a steam machine to melt the ice. It corrected the problem. However, in less than two months the noise is back. I think there should have been further diagnostics. It seems the minimum effort is what is covered under warranty not truly fixing the problem.

This is a three door refrigerator (also known as French Door). I HATE this refrigerator. How could I HATE it? The doors are just user hostile and difficult to close. Also, the "cold water" is not cold, and the $60 filter clogs after just 4 months despite being fed by water from a 5 stage reverse osmosis water treatment center!

Good refrigerator for the cost. It was on sale and was cheaper than a Kenmore we had before we moved here last year. It is black and had stainless but too hard to keep clean. Has bottom freezer compartment and two upper refrigerator doors and ice maker. Would have liked a water dispenser but that would have cost a lot more. Size is perfect for our house. However it's not built as strong as more expensive models and doesn't have the quality feel like the Sears refrigerator we left in our house we just sold.

I feel it's important to take the time to warn shoppers of how horrible this refrigerator is, RUN AWAY. BUY ANOTHER FRIDGE!! I've had it for about three years and I've had 5 service calls, plus replace parts myself. I read a few not so good reviews but it was on sale, bad me, and it looked pretty online, again bad me! Door spring just broke. On order, on week two with having to manually hold bar with one hand close the right door with the other. Many pinched fingers, ugh! Ice maker has never worked as expected & now doesn't work at all & replaced it year 1. Control panel broke month 3 had to fight with service to get it partially covered. Stopped working completely 3 months ago, condenser lines froze. Thank goodness I have a great appliance pro!

3 door shelves have cracked at connection point. Also shelves on left door so small only the thinnest salad dressing bottles fit so pretty much no storage on left door unless you haired salad dressing like me, oh and small plastic mustard squeeze bottles for too. Spills go under glass, hard to clean. Freezer drips water behind drawers so unnoticeable until it freezes over then water drips under fridge which ruined my floor. Prelude to condenser going out I believe. Stainless steel is low grade, dings easily! Should've realized when it had to be returned 2 times when delivered with dings.

Stainless cheap also because very hard to keep clean, I use an expensive lotion type cleaner polish only found in hardware stores so I try to take the best care of it but lots of elbow grease and never is smudge free. Trust me, the Kenmore Elite is a lemon. Use your money on another brand even if it's more expensive upfront, it'll be more expensive in the long run. And I really do my research before large purchases. So disappointed, epic fail!

We purchase a Kenmore Elite refrigerator on 2/11/15. We had to wait until April for it to be delivered. On Dec 1, 2015 the refrigerator had the error code rf and the ice and water on the door would no longer work. We attempted to schedule a service call and had to wait 2 weeks before a repairman could come. When he did come he immediately knew that it was the "chip" that controlled the length of time the refrigerator was in defrost mode. He said that even though the company knew of this issue they would not stock the part on the service truck. The part had to be ordered and shipped to our home then another service call scheduled. It was over a month before the refrigerator was fixed. Now almost exactly a year later we have exactly the same problem. Same error code, ice and water in door not working. Same problem with repair service, a 3 week wait while we have a house full of company!

We have attempted to contact the store where we purchased it and were referred to the 800 number we had already called. We called again and the operator said they would put us on an emergency list so that if there was a service call cancellation we would be moved up on the list. Would love to file some kind of complaint about this refrigerator with someone who cares!! I have read lots of complaints lately about this product. If you are considering it... DO NOT BUY IT!

I purchased a refrigerator from Sears. When it got home it was mechanically noisy like something was loose. I had techs out within the first 30 days 3 times to repair the problem. One year later the refrigerator stops working - altogether quits working. The tech came out and plugged the refrigerator back in and the problem seemed to "alleviate itself". This is where it gets worse. Another years goes by and the refrigerator stops working again two days before Thanksgiving. I lost every last piece of food, well over the $300 food loss that was offered. A tech was out the next day and identified the parts needed. However when he went to order the part it was realized that the warranty sold to me was not for the refrigerator in my house. Subsequently the part could not be ordered until the warranty was sorted out. Seemed easy enough. I knew it would be an easy fix and we would be back on track.

However! The tech left that day cancelling the visit and left no paperwork. So once the warranty was sorted out there was no record of the part needed! I had to schedule ANOTHER tech to come out to my house to RE-IDENTIFY the part. This process took a total of one week to transpire. In the coming days I was told I would receive a package. However there would be no available time for a couple weeks... Ok you are busy, I can accept that. My service day arrives and my technician informs me that I don't have all the parts. I'M NOT THE ONE WHO DOES THE ORDERING... HE DOES. I'm told they are on back order and will arrive at a later date. Another day is scheduled, we are now into December. I call to file a complaint and am told that the part is actually due to arrive that day... after the tech leaves. The part arrives and I call to schedule a closer date for the service.

Two days are scheduled in the next two weeks and the tech didn't show up and I did not receive a phone call regarding why. A third day is scheduled 0800-1200, at 1201. I call to find out why my tech isn't there. I'm told that my time will be moved back a half hour. Tech doesn't show up for the time frame either... I'll spare you the HOURS yes HOURS I have wasted on the phone with Sears. I have been hung up on and treated worse than I have ever experienced with any company. Had I done a quick search before I purchased I feel like I could have avoided a lot of this. However, I've been going to Sears since I was a kid with my parents. The name has always been trusted... Unfortunately that's not the case anymore. Oh! And the $300 that I was promised to offset my food loss cost... was reduced to $250. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS... LET THAT SHIP SINK!

Do not buy a Sears Kenmore Refrigerator - model 795.7032 (made in China on the tag). It is the LOUDEST and most OBNOXIOUS refrigerator I've ever owned. It squeals, hums, rattles, vibrates, groans, moans and whines (yes, kind of like me right now). Called service and repair multiple times. Poor customer service, poor knowledge of product. Forget that I bought the service and maintenance package. They come out, hope to vacuum out some lint (surprised that there is none because we service it) and then say the noises are normal. You will not be able to stand the noise. DO NOT BUY. Leveled, serviced, maintained. All of their "fixes" do not fix this annoying appliance.

I purchased from Sears a appliance bundle. Bought a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and range. Spent thousands on a American company (lol). After three months my refrigerator went back. Would make ice and the ice maker made noise. Called Sears. They came out fixed it...and in the next 9 months the problem would only get worse. They have been to my house (Sears warranty service) 7 times and can't fix the problem in a brand new refrigerator I bought from them. I purchased a extra warranty for a year... Now Sears won't honor the warranty plan I paid for. Refunded my money but took 60 days to get it back. They told me they have been out there too many times and it's costing them too much money to fix.

Well... Dummies. It's a brand new refrigerator that was defective from day one. Not to mention their service is terrible. Took off days from work. They never showed up on time. One appointment was for 8 am and the guy calls me at 759 am telling me he can't make it on time and I was his first appointment. Six hours later he wasn't there. I think they hire derelicts with alcohol or drug problems. Don't count or trust Sears. They sell defective products. Don't back them up. Don't service them. Send service people who never show up on time or don't show up at all.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Profile