Sears Refrigerators

Compare Refrigerators

Research top Refrigerators recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We bought four items from Sears in 2014--this fridge, a dishwasher, a Jennifer-Air cooktop, and an oven. The dishwasher and the fridge have turned out to be huge regrets. From the beginning, the fridge has caused us problems. The first week it was delivered, it started making a terrible noise and the ice stopped working. Sears came out (and calling their service folks is another "Who's on first" adventure by itself, with numerous Sears entities prepared to cancel our orders, deliver a missing fridge, reschedule, charge us more money, etc. I'd pay good money to not deal with Sears customer service).

The guy said the inside was freezing up because we "left the doors open." We did NOT, but watched as he took a blow dryer to the fridge. The sound went away. I asked him if maybe the doors weren't put on correctly (there doesn't seem to be a good seal) and he said no, that wasn't it. Long story short, the fridge has continued to freeze up the entire time we've owned it and Sears has yet to fix the problem. The workaround is every two months or so, I have to put all the food in our other fridge (ironically, a Kenmore we bought in 2004 that has never broken at all and just looks sort of ugly, why oh why did we spend money on this new one???) and thaw it out like it's 1952.

The condenser eventually broke and that was covered under the warranty except for labor, which was $300 and a ton of headache and Sears canceling because the service guy was "sick" (they have used that excuse on us at least four times when canceling appointments). When it broke, the service guy tried to talk us into buying a $360 extended warranty for a year. I explained I wasn't going to pay that much and he said "Well, your fridge has a lot of known issues, so it would be worth it." Nice. Way to sell me a good product, Sears. So, save yourselves. Do better product research than I did and I recommend not ever buying anything from Sears. Which is a shame because until now, we always bought from Sears. They used to be good.

I purchased a new refrigerator from Sears. It was delivered April 21, 2017. We noticed it was not getting cold even when we turned the dial to maximum cold. I had purchased the 5-year protection warranty, so I called to get someone out to fix the issue. The first woman said she could not hear me well enough so she hung up on me. The second woman asked if it was "plugged into the outlet?" Yes. Was "the light on inside?" Yes. She then told me the soonest she could get a technician out to look at the fridge was in 17 days. I told her that was ridiculous, but she said that was the soonest she could have someone out.

So, my brand new refrigerator is not working right, my food and beverages are not cold and I have to wait 17 days before someone can even take a look at the appliance. That is poor customer service. My parents were regular bought all of their appliances at Sears; my wife and I have purchased our appliances from Sears. I will never purchase anything from this company again.

I am writing this review to save other Kenmore refrigerator owners' money, hassle and time. We purchased a Kenmore refrigerator in 2015. Almost immediately, the ice maker had issues. My husband would regularly use a blow dryer to unfreeze the line/mechanical elements behind the ice maker to get it working again. Finally, we could not fix it with the blow dryer method so we called Sears repair. The repairman got it working (using a blow dryer) and noted that we should likely get a home protection agreement as it would likely stop working again. We purchased the agreement. And...it stopped working again. We called for a repair appt. We found out they only come to our area about once a month, so we had to wait for the next open day. This happened about every 2-3 months, with us having no working ice maker for 3-4 weeks each time as we waited for the repairman.

Then it stopped working again in March. We were given a repair date in mid April. On the date of the repair, the technician called to inform us he lives in another city - we should call again for a repair. We called and were given May 16th as a repair date. By noon, no technician. We called to ensure he was coming and were told he was. He never came. We called back and we were told there were no available dates and someone would call us in 48 hours to schedule a repair and that we should call back if we did not hear from anyone. I call every 3 days, it's May 27 and I am still calling. The agreement expired May 26th. I was told they would honor the agreement until the unit was fixed or repaired (did I mention there is a replacement guarantee after 4 trips if the unit cannot be fixed?) But when I called today, I was told I have no agreement and they don't know if the old agreement will be honored, as I was informed earlier.

After being on hold for about 20 minutes, I now have to call back on Tuesday. So no resolution to the issue, no repair date and no replacement. I just have to keep calling every 3 days and sitting on the phone for about 30 minutes each time. Ironically, they sometimes try to sell me not only another warranty agreement, but one that covers even more appliances in my house. Are they listening? Why would I do that when they have failed miserably and when I have to wait 3-4 weeks every time I need service? The refrigerator was clearly a lemon, at least as far as the ice maker was concerned, and they apparently have no sense of urgency about resolving issues. I cannot say how strongly I advise against the Sears Protection Service, especially if you live in a more rural location.

I put in a complaint to the Better Business Bureau about the way a service call was handled by Sears. We are in dispute over the fee that was charged to come look at a Whirlpool refrigerator that says on their website that they repair, but then get here, charge the fee, and say they are not authorized to work on that refrigerator. Bait and switch right? Well, the game gets more interesting. I receive a missed call the next morning. It is from a Austin, Texas number at 9:49 pm. No message. Call the number back and it's Sears call center. Never would I have known since there was no message, and who calls a customer at 9:49 pm to resolve a dispute?

The number called again at 6 pm the next day. A woman says her name and she is calling from corporate. (LIE... corporate is in Illinois, not Texas. You are calling from a call center.) She says that service fees are not refundable. I begged to differ. The tech was here for 5 minutes, stuck a temperature gauge in the freezer, looked at the back and said he is not authorized to work on it because it's a sealed system. (LIE... Sears lost their contract with Whirlpool 2 years ago. (We found out after contacting Whirlpool for the FREE repair) but still advertises it on their repair website.) She said that he came out for coolant and coolant can be anywhere in the fridge. Then tells me that... ready for this... she has requested a report of our service and will not be able to get back to me until Tuesday.

This is Tuesday. 7 days. She said she was only doing it to give me the benefit of the doubt. LIE... I said "how did you know we had a problem with the coolant? You just said you needed to wait for the service report, so how do you know it's the coolant?" All Sears does is run you around until you're too tired and give up. I was told abruptly by a call center employee who pretends to be from corporate that I would hear from her on Tuesday. Calling the real corporate in Illinois today. If anyone needs the number it's 847-286-2500. Everyone have a wonderful day...

My 90 year old mother's refrigerator died. My sister and I decided to purchase a Sears Kenmore. We placed the order for a $1300 refrigerator. Yesterday they charged my mother's account and today they delivered the refrigerator. The item they delivered was damaged. The delivery people told us that when they went to load it on the truck they saw the damage but was told by the warehouse to just deliver it. We asked the driver if they were willing to provide a cost concession as we were accepting a known damaged item. He called the customer service of Sears and handed the phone to my sister. The customer service person was willing to offer only Sears points if we accepted the damaged item. We said no and asked that a new refrigerator be delivered asap. Instead the customer service person cancelled the order and said, "Well you just need to start over."

We spoke with three additional customer service people one of which a supervisor and again... No help... Just start from scratch. I reached out on Facebook and was told a case manager will contact us in 24-72 hours. I explained the issue and basically they did not care. They also have not issued a credit and told us it could take up to seven business days. All this is so unacceptable. I will never ever consider Sears for anything. It is a terrible company. To knowingly send a damaged item! Really. To charge before delivery was made? Really. To cancel the order and tell us to start from scratch or wait up to 72 hours to hear from someone. Outrageous. This is to replace the refrigerator for a 90 year old woman who is now out the $1300 and needs to wait seven business days to get her money back. Shame, shame, shame. Horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

The Sears Hometown store is great but the Whirlpool Refrigerator is so very bad. I purchase the original Whirlpool Refrigerator 2/18/17 and was delivered on 2/24/17, it went out April 2017, these people here gave us a loaner and ordered us a brand new one deliver to is May 3, 2017 and today, the refrigerator the freezer went out and they are replacing it, different brand (Kenmore) on Tuesday, May 16, 2017. Hopefully this will get us a new view on refrigerators. The Sears Home store has done everything they could do for US. They are located in Waxahachie, TX.

Sears Kenmore Elite French door, freezer on the bottom - The ice dispenser quit 1 and a half years after getting the refrigerator. It jams and won't dispense. Then the water dispenser kept getting stuck and water would pour out. The top drawer in the freezer area broke off the track about 8 months ago. Finally just broke off. The plastic rotted. We have to defrost the freezer every so often. We have contacted Sears and of course we could spend the money to get it all fixed. But, for a $3600.00 stainless steel top of the line appliance it should last a whole lot longer than 4 years. We bought this because we had our last Kenmore refrigerator for 12 years. I would not recommend this to anyone. I have talked several people out of getting one. Sears will not help at all, when it is obvious this is faulty workmanship and faulty parts.

Purchased a brand new french door refrigerator with bottom freezer. Soon after delivery, began having problems with ice maker. Repair has been out numerous times to repair. Have paid hundreds of dollars to no avail--ice maker would work for very short period of time--then same problems would begin again. Repair management rude and show little concern--will send out repair again and CHARGE US--REALLY --- repair personnel have told us that the Refrigerator is poor quality--so why does Sears still sell them???

I bought the Home Warranty thinking it would be a good idea. I pay monthly. This refrigerator (Kenmore) has broken down several times and every time they come out here they charge for parts & labor & a $60 fee just for the repairman to come out and take a look at it. They repair it and then it breaks down again. The appointments are always 2/3 weeks away - even when I tell them that that is the only fridge we have in the house - our food spoils and they even then, they will not come out sooner. Calling to make an appt is also an ordeal - they keep you on hold, they transfer you, and finally they schedule your appt 2/3 weeks away. When the last repairman came, he even admitted that this "warranty" is just a scam!

Purchased $2K French Door Kenmore less than a year ago. Machine stops making ice and service tech has come out multiple times in less than a month. Still not fixed and wont replace. Said this was a "known" problem but apparently can't repair. I demanded a new unit based on the information from the sales agent and the no hassle return policy. NOW I am being told it has to be 4 visits within a year for the same issues. So, just wait until it stops making ice 2 more times in the year??! CRAZY! Service reps do not speak English and will not transfer you to someone that does. Beware.

Case# ** our fridge has been down for 6 weeks! 6 WEEKS PEOPLE! It is less than 1 yr old and still under warranty. Today will be the 4th time they have been to my home and the 2nd time they have repaired the same component. Our local Sears store closed 1 week prior to my fridge going out. I have been to other Sears stores and they will not help me because I didn't purchase it there. Today I take off work to wait for the repair man. They said it would be between 8-5, it is now 6 pm and they still aren't here. I am disgusted with their customer service. I want to know who has been without an appliance for longer than me? I should have been 1st on the schedule this morning.

Scheduled two appointments with Sears. One to fix our broken freezer & one to tune up our lawn mower. Both on the same day. The appliance guy did not fix our freezer and the lawnmower man couldn't work on the mower because he did not bring the needed materials such as an oil filter and had no parts on his truck. Called the 1-800-number several times and got unfriendly people & hung up on more than 3 or 4 times. Everyone was VERY uncaring! Will not purchase from Sears ever again or contact them for any repairs.

We are on refrigerator number 3 of the original purchase and it still does not work correctly. We aren't even done paying off the fridge and still haven't received one that works. Our family has reached the point where we must cut our losses, dump our old fridge and get a new one, while taking a hit to the wallet (Sears will do nothing I might add). Anyhow, the reason for this review is to hopefully keep one family if not more from making the same mistake we did. Do not shop at Sears! Suffice to say, it is comparable to throwing your money away.

Purchased new Bottom Mount Refrigerator model 106.7200/7201 from Sears in Spring 2016. They had the most selection of refrigerators that would fit in my small 34 x 68 inch space. Refrigerator has great features for a small frig. In frig water dispenser for filtered water on the left side, temperature sensors when doors are left open. My only complaint is about the quality of the Refrigerator. The alignment of the brackets for the shelves is off. Which means that the shelves tilt to one side when something is put on the shelf. Didn't notice at first. It was after I put a a couple of large bottles of juice on the shelf that I noticed it leaned.

Another item is the plastic crisper trays. They do not slide easily. When pushing in the tray which did not slide easily or evenly on the track, it was easy for me to accidentally break off one of the temperature control slider controls that allow you to adjust the temperature of the crisper that holds fruits and vegetables. Freezer works fine. Other than the crisper trays and the alignment of the shelves the frig is good. If buying this frig I'd check those two features to make sure the quality is okay before checking off on the delivery.

The details of this incident are listed below but the bottom line is the Sears Outlet Store sold me a broken Samsung Refrigerator from 2012 under the pretense it was a working, new item that only had a few minor scratches and dents. The purchase was made on the 3rd of March and returned on the 18th of March and my refund was not processed until today when I had to make another call to Sears in order to have the funds released back to my account. I have never in my life encountered such poor customer service, poor quality merchandise, or such a horrible warranty program. I was also appalled and disappointed that throughout this I was contacting an American company in the United States and only ONE TIME was I able to speak with anyone who spoke English that I could understand.

I purchased a Samsung Refrigerator with the Sears Master Protection agreement on March 3, 2017 from the Sears Outlet Store on Kingston Pike in Knoxville, TN. The fridge was picked up on March 10th and brought home and installed on the 12th. That same day I called warranty service because the fridge wasn't working at all and was told to wait 24 hours. The next day I called again because it still was not cooling or working at all. A technician finally came to the house to look at it on the 15th and found that the fridge was several years old and needed the freezer coils replaced before anything else could be done to diagnose the issue. I was told the repair would not take place until the 21st. That is a solid WEEK with no fridge.

I then called the Sears Outlet Store in Knoxville and spoke with Eric, the assistant manager, who was quite clueless as to how I could return the item or as to why I was sold a broken item. Several phone calls and hours later I was able to talk to the manager of the local store here in Kansas City who told me what needed to be done. Then I had to make the phone call to Eric and explain to him how to do his job and have the fridge picked up. It was picked up on the 18th of March and I never heard anything from Sears, nor did I get a refund. I called Eric again this morning and had to remind him to process my refund. He claims he has now released funds back to my account. All told I paid $1500 for the fridge and warranty on March 3, and despite returning the item on the 18th and making several complaints I still do not have my money back.

During this process I was kicked around customer service repeatedly, denied the use of the warranty service, denied the right to make a claim for the food, and even told by your own technician that I should never buy appliances from the Sears Outlet Store. Luckily I had the funds to purchase another, new fridge from a different retailer or I still would not have one at all. To be frank I will be filing complaints with the BBB and Consumer Affairs and will never step foot in a Sears Store again.

We purchased a Kenmore Double doors refrigerator on Jan 20, 2017 from Sears in Hayward, CA and was delivered on the 24th! Our joy was short-lived, when we discovered that we have 4 dents in the right door, right after the delivery guys left. I know it was my mistake trying to be nice and offering to remove the plastic from the doors, very bad idea! So I looked quickly to my receipt and I saw that you have to call in 72 hours to report the damage and I called right away, on 1/24/17. I was asked if I want a new fridge, and again, being stupid and nice, I said: "Well, it's too heavy and I don't want to cause too much trouble, please just change my door!" So the lady said, if I don't want the whole appliance changed, she will transfer me to service and schedule an appointment for a technician to come and assess the damage of the dents. So the next available one was 2/17/17.

Two days later on the 26 of January I called back because my sliced cheese and deli froze in the lower drawer! Few days later I called again when I picked up the gallon of milk who was completely frozen! Then my carrots, and celery, and everything in the other two drawers were ice! I was told to wait for the technician and after the appointment was confirmed few times, I was called to reschedule because the technician got hurt. So finally on 2/24 the technician showed up and after checking everything and talking with his supervisor gave me the order number where he wrote that I need to get a different refrigerator. But I have to wait 24 to 48 hrs for someone to call me. Then I called back, because nobody called! So the lady I talked too was very nice, sorry I didn't know I have to write down names and times and make a case number, and she told us that we can order online a new fridge in the same price range or go to the store.

My husband, who likes to see the real things, took me to the store in Hayward. The sales guy on the floor told us that we are not in the system, and we have to go back and resolve the problem with the warranty! So, because we are cover one year under Kenmore, and we bought an additional warranty from Sears for $499, to be safe just in case, we were transferred from one person to another, and finally after the 5 transfer when I started to cry, we were told, that we called too late, there is no evidence that we call and there is nothing they can do! But, we have to wait for 2 more weeks for another technician to come and verified again the damage!

Again, full of hope and stress due everything freezing in the freezer, and discovering the ice maker is not working, we waited patiently for the second guy who came on 3/9/17! He is very nice, very understanding, took pictures of the dents, then find out we need to have the whole board changed, and order the parts for it, but we couldn't resolve the problem with the door. We got transferred on his phone to delivery department and we were told that we waited too much to report the problem, we passed the 30 days to return the fridge, and even I had the work order dated on 2/24 which was exactly 30 days since delivery, we were told they can do nothing, they are very sorry and thank us for choosing Sears! I was in tears again, my husband was so upset when he came home and found out where we stand!

Therefore, after I calmed down, I called again, even the second technician suggested that it will be better to have it replace! So he said to wait few days to see if the fridge get replaced to call and cancelled the repair! We waited few more days, nobody called, so I called again, because my husband is working. I talked with a very nice girl, I know her name but I'll keep it for now, and she apologized for the stress and said the earliest appointment is March 23, and because I had no choice, I accepted the appointment with the promise that if someone cancel we will be on the waiting list! Just before the end of the conversation, I asked her if it shows in the system that I called about the dents on the 24 of January and she said that the first record was on 1/26! I was surprised but I was happy that we are still on the 72 hrs window, but next time when I called there was no record of it!

I called again, I talked with another nice person, who told me that I called 11 times, and when I asked to send me the transcript or the recording of my calling, said is not able to, but he told me to call back and speak with the CUSTOMER SOLUTION REPRESENTATIVE, which I did and after I was refused again, I asked to speak with the supervisor or the manager in charge to the department, and I was told she is the highest power, nobody else can take my call, her name is Lourdes, if she gave me the real name, and she hung up the phone very quickly thanking me again for choosing Sears! I wanted to make a desperate appeal to her human side and ask her if she think is fair for me to pay so much for the warranty, to deal with these kind of problems with a brand new fridge for two months, but looks there are just very few humans left in this company.

WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR THIS TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH SEARS AND KENMORE, AND VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT NO ONE CALLED US after we made a complaint online to both! We bought all our appliances from Sears for a long time and it's the first time we have this problem. I still hope we can work something out! Probably I'm still stupid! We are coming from a communist country and after 26 years of being proud citizens of The United States of America, we feel like we went back to communism. CAN SOMEONE HELP (the ice maker was repaired by the second technician and made ice just one day, then stopped, so I have a case number for that also and we have all the receipts!)? What is hurting me the most, is that they are lying about what's in the system and made me look like I'm the one.:(

About 2 years ago we purchased the Sears Elite products with the remodel of our kitchen. Eighteen months after the purchase we had a service call on the Refrigerator for a frosted up fan. The fan killed the cooling and freezing capability of the Refrigerator. They came out, fixed the problem and we were pleased. UNTIL the most recent issue. We called them out on December 21 for a similar problem. They came out, I thought they fixed the problem until January 9th when the Refrigerator stopped freezing again. We scheduled an appointment, the best they could do was Jan 23 two weeks out. On Jan 22 we received a call that a sickness required reschedule of our appointment to Jan 29. On Jan 29 the service tech came out and told us we needed a new cooling unit. He would need to order the parts. On Feb 6 we had another visit to check the unit. The service tech scheduled another appointment TWO MORE WEEKS out.

COME ON SEARS even the DMV puts their customers in a priority line when they have already waited through the 20 or more previous customers. WE STILL DO NOT HAVE OUR Refrigerator repaired and we are at Feb 13. The Sears service team technicians are ok but the organization and dispatchers are far worse to deal with than the DMV. I am sorry to say I have been a loyal Sears customers for over 60 years. IT ENDS NOW.

Bought a Sears Kenmore refrigerator (top of the line at Sears) last August as the final part of our kitchen remodel. We also bought the Master Protection Agreement at that time, for a total (appliance + warranty) over $3k. In late December, the ice maker on the fridge stopped working. We have had at least a dozen phone calls to their master protection number (1-800-469-4663), 5 repair visits to our house, and still no working ice maker. Most frustrating part, aside from a nearly new fridge that doesn't work, is that we get the run around every time we call. Multiple calls have simply been dropped (calling from a land line, so it's on their end) when we actually get up the chain to someone who supposedly can help us. A fridge that doesn't work and a warranty that can't fix it? My advice? DO NOT BUY A MAJOR APPLIANCE FROM SEARS. EVER.

I have had the worse experience since purchasing my fridge. The delivery of the fridge was late and no one called after the delivery window. The repair man never showed up with no call. The customer service rep claimed they were busy with other customers and couldn't make it and then changed her story to the repair man showed up at six. I will never buy another appliance from Sears. Once you buy something from them the quality of customer service vanishes.

Kenmore Double French door with bottom freezer Model # 587.15189402 - The inside of the fridge seems so small compared to other similar models. In the freezer compartment is really hard to keep things organized. The inside also needs to be redesigned to hold more. I have seen other styles like this one that take full advantage of every square foot. We have a smaller Whirlpool fridge in our garage that holds more food than this larger unit. The unit also has had some repair issues and there is a fan noise that no one can fix after several tries by Sears and I just live with the noise. The only good thing about this unit is it is an attractive design on the outside.

This refrigerator has problems from the beginning. The doors would not stay closed. We paid and a repairman came (from Sears). The screws and hinges were plastic and he said they have not worked and we still had to pay. Three yrs later, the ice maker does not work. I would never buy another refrigerator from Sears. They tell you to take out insurance on their product when you buy it. And I will tell you that you will be sorry if you don't.

If you want to expect a large appliance try going with spending more money and buying the warranty. The warranties are a rip-off but in this case, they would have been worth it. After a few years, the refrigerator started costing time and repair money. Most of the problems center around the parts used in the ice maker. Too much money wasted on a large appliance and it's poorly designed and made. If you use Sears for the repairs be careful. The one that comes to our house tried to resell us a part that came out of our refrigerator 6 months earlier when he repaired it. I will not buy another Sears appliance. They're not what they used to be!!

Our previous fridge was a Fisher Paykel. Actually smaller than the new one on the outside but with 1/3 more room on the inside, also had better shelves. Sears went from side to side without all the plastic brackets taking up space. The freezer, which is my particular complaint with this Sears fridge, is a pull out drawer with no solid bottom so ice and small stuff falls out every time it's opened. It's also about 1/3 smaller than the FP model. You have to be careful because if packages are not even with the drawer they will get crushed. The light bulb has already been broken because of this. So sorry I didn't spend the extra $ for another FP. You get what you pay for with this Sears refrigerator.

This fridge has glass shelves, which I will demand in any future fridges I buy, and no wire racks. The door also closes tightly, and no cool air leaks out. It is not beautiful or large, but it is very functional and reliable.

We bought one of Sears side by side refrigerators trying to shop local. We were into our 30 day warranty when complaints began that our ice maker never worked. So we have had one service call and a new ice maker installed and no ice since we bought it. We were told we are out of warranty so no help. We tried to explain we were within our 30 days when we complained about this. Manager very angrily told us that we had to have a tech here 4 times before it was claimed a "lemon" and would have to deal with Sears 800. Do not buy from them!!! Run Forrest Run!!! So make America Great Again everyone. Just hand out a grand you don't have and get nothing back for it.

Mine is the Galaxy brand (made by Sears) and was almost identical to a Kenmore brand sitting next to it, but several hundred dollars cheaper. I have had one service call on it (in 10 years) which was to replace the ice maker. The repair man told me they're only designed to last about 5-7 years, at best. It has been a very good refrigerator.

It is not as large capacity as it seems. Not enough freezer space, too. Ice dispenser dispenses all over the floor and the cubes are not cubes. Prints are also all over surface and cannot remove. Overpriced! I would not buy this refrigerator again.

First of all, I just bought this brand new refrigerator this past Spring, 2016. My husband and I bought a home and there was no refrigerator in it. I wouldn't expect any brand new refrigerator to malfunction in any way, right off-the-bat. This is the primary reason why Sears has scored on the very top of the list. My final thoughts are that my parents had a Sears ColdSpot refrigerator from the time I was a little kid sucking on my fingertips until the time my sister and I gave it away because of parents' death. My sister and I were already in our late forties when we gave the refrigerator away. I cannot ever remember a time when mom and dad had this refrigerator worked on. It was truly a remarkable refrigerator!

I needed a refrigerator, and I called Furniture Bank. They found the refrigerator for me and I got it for free as it is a used refrigerator. I am very grateful to have a fridge, although I still need a stove. But to that end, I am moving soon and will leave the fridge for the other people living there, as it is a good refrigerator/freezer. I have three kids so the fridge was a godsend.

I have had this fridge for 8 years and I love the bottom drawer freezer. However, this fridge was not tested properly. Bottom drawers are important and used daily but they do not fit well and their sliders do not have enough support. Insulation between freezer and bottom drawers is not good enough that leafy vegetables in drawers freeze sometimes. Food should never freeze in a fridge... even the bottom drawers in a bottom freeze unit.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Profile