Sears Appliance - Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I have many Sears products in my home. A sears refrigerator they just don't break down. My grandmother bought a new one at Sears and it was over 55 years old and the only reason she bought a new sears refrigerator was the harvest gold color, she had her kitchen all remodeled in that color so she wanted a new refrigerator to match but she keep her old one on the porch for soda pop. She instilled in us girls that sears was the only store for appliances. To this day that's the store where we shop. I love sears and if there was a problems with any purchase they would make it right.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Six years ago I purchased this refrigerator from Sears. I told them I did not want an LG because two technicians told me they are unreliable. I bought the extended warranty. 3 years later the coils were leaking and I found out that it was an LG. Fortunately, the extended warranty provided me with a new refrigerator. 3 years later the compressor went out on this second refrigerator. I would never buy another LG appliance!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I have had excellent experience with Sears Kenmore Refrigerators up until now. Sears outsourced their service and repair to a third party. Unbelievable hold times, service response dates a month after you call, cancelled service dates with replacements dates 2 to 3 weeks later. I have been waiting since May 2021 to have the compressor replaced in my Kenmore refrigerator. Called in May, tech showed up in late June and ordered parts. 3 weeks later tech showed up and said parts needed to be reordered. Two appointments canceled in August. Next one late September. Sears used to be very good for service. They have no techs and use Covid as an excuse. I ordered a new refrigerator from a dealer. If you order a product from Sears, think twice about investing in a Protection Agreement. It is not worth it.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Save your money and your sanity shop at Home Depot. They have much better customer service and their warranties hold up!! I have been trying to get service on my refrigerator now for three weeks. It’s making a horribly loud buzzing sound that is driving my entire family crazy. I’ve lost the food in my freezer and refrigerator twice, but nobody is helping! Over and over I’ve called and chatted with Service and I get the runaround. Three weeks now no help. If I could attach a video you would be able to hear what I’m going through. I truly believe they train their customer service employees to give their customers the runaround. They never answered my questions directly. Always promised I would get a call back but never did.

I finally got the phone number to the person coming out to do my repair, however when I called them they have absolutely no record of it so I would’ve been waiting for someone to come and they never would’ve shown up. They are extremely unprofessional and provide horrible customer service. I purchased the Master Protection warranty plan, paid the 400+ cost but have had absolutely no protection. It’s a waste of money. It’s a way for Sears to rip off their customers.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Do not buy anything from Sears!! Do not buy anything from Sears!!! We have a refrigerator under warranty. Last summer, the compressor went out and it took 3 MONTHS TO GET IT FIXED. We gave them grace because of Covid even though we would take off of work and no one would show. They just kept pushing the appointment back. Well, fast forward to April 2021-my refrigerator stopped working AGAIN and it took two weeks to get a repairman. Then, THEY HAD TO ORDER PARTS. My repair date was then set for June 2, 2021. We took off work again, no one showed up, no one called, no one emailed. I called and the automated service rescheduled my appointment for JUNE 23rd!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor, they sent me to ESCALATED services and made a case and NOTHING HAPPENED.

Fast forward to June 23rd. I confirmed twice through the automated service I had an appointment today WITH A WINDOW FROM 12-4. I took off work again and at 3:00 tried to confirm again and got through the automated service to speak to someone and he said I DID NOT HAVE APPOINTMENT TODAY AND I HAD ONE JULY 24, 2021…A MONTH LATER!!!! This is the heat of summer and I have no fridge in my house!!! This is the worst customer service EVER!!!!

Original review: June 18, 2021

We bought a Sears Kenmore fridge about 5 years ago. We have several repairs under warranty but a month ago, when we once again lost an entire refrigerator and freezer full of food, we had to pay on our own. Because of previous "no-shows" and improper diagnosis from Sears in the past, we decided to try an independent repair service. That's when the nightmare began. We quickly discovered out of dozen places we called, only ONE was willing to even look at the fridge. Why? It's branded "Sears Kenmore" but is actually made by LG, and the model we have was the target of a class action lawsuit for the incredibly high failure rate, and independent repairmen don't want to touch something that may not "stay repaired" beyond the warranty period of their repair.

The gentleman who came out diagnosed the issue as the "linear inverter compressor", which happened to be the subject of the lawsuit against Sears. As a result, I'm told, Sears extended the warranty on that part. Sadly this polite and professional gentleman couldn't fix the problem since he isn't an authorized LG service and therefore can't get the parts from LG to do a warranty repair. He left without charging me a dime for his time or diagnosis! Had to call Sears Repair.... Got an appointment and the earliest they could give me was more than a week away, but they promised the tech would arrive with the correct parts in hand since I had a diagnosis.

The promised date arrived, and with 15 minutes left in my "repair window", they called to cancel, saying, and I quote, "The tech decided to go home early". YES, you read that right. I was very upset, had lost a day of work waiting with no fridge for over a week, to be told, at the end of the appointment window, that the tech "went home early"! They told me the earliest next appointment was eight days away. I was very unhappy, but having no choice, accepted the new appointment. That day came and I waited. And waited. And waited. NINETY MINUTES AFTER the appointment window had closed with no tech, Sears called to tell my my appointment had been canceled because, and again I quote, "Sears does not have a tech in your area today."

YES. You read that right. After waiting EIGHT more days, and an hour and a half past my "appointment window", Sears came to the realization no one was going to come to my home to fix my fridge that day. They rescheduled me for another 8 days from now. Do YOU believe anyone will show up??? Do you think I believe it for one second?? Sears was once a company you could trust, and we were loyal customers for decades, as were our parents. NEVER AGAIN.

I won't spend a single dollar at Sears no matter what the price or product. NEVER EVER AGAIN. All this time with no fridge for my family, and one broken promise after another after another. SHAME ON YOU SEARS! SHAME ON YOU! You disgust me. PS: When I called to voice my complaints directly to Sears, they hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor. I finally got a supervisor on the phone and he said "Let me place you on a brief hold", and I knew what would happen next, and sure enough, HE HUNG UP ON ME. NEVER AGAIN SEARS!

Original review: May 14, 2021

Kenmore is MY brand of choice for refrigerators. I bought a new Model 253 Top Freezer refrigerator at Sears in 2000 and I have not had ANY, ISSUES, NONE. It was a very good price but it was so long ago I don't remember what it was. It was just a basic freezer on top with automatic ice maker. I liked the fact that the freezer and refrigerator both had a light bulb in them, and I have never changed either bulbs, they are going strong. I can say by my experience that you will be very happy with a Kenmore, I sure am.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I purchased a GE refrigerator from Sears and purchased their maintenance plan for $209 more. I needed maintenance called made an appt. They never showed never called or texted. I had to call 2x and now they said call our complaint Dept. OMG do not purchase their warranties!! The worse!!!

Original review: April 14, 2021

Jan 2018 purchased the Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator. April 12, 2021 air compressor went out. Called Kenmore Customer Care Hotline and they said the part is under warranty (10 years) but I would have to pay for Labor to replace. My cost to have them come out and diagnose is $79 and that would be deducted from the labor if I chose to fix it, that it would be no more than $450

Repair person came out, said yes it was the compressor, said it would take about an hour to replace, I asked how much and she said $683. WHAT? Just for labor? She said yes. She told me that just last week the price was $300. She also told me that this is an LG and if the name on the front was LG and not Kenmore it would be free. She said the compressors are going out all the time and there is a lawsuit against Kenmore. I asked if I can get the part and she said "No, only if a Sears Repair person ordered it."

Original review: April 13, 2021

I purchased a scratch and dent refrigerator here for my uncle, a senior. The purchase was made on December 22, 2020 as a Christmas gift. Great! Well not so great, the ice maker did not work immediately. We thought it was user error so my husband and I watched a few videos and read the manual, the ice maker still would not work. We figured we’d just call someone to handle it, no big deal. Fast forward to February 18, 2021. The refrigerator totally stops working. Only the interior light comes on. I called American Freight that told me to call Sears. Sears says my product isn’t registered and I will need to register it. After all that, my uncle calls and says the fridge is working again.

Two days later he calls and says no it’s out. I then begin the scavenger hunt of finding the man that holds all warranties in his hands. Finally Sears does help and they send out a repair man the next day. He basically says I shouldn’t have bought a Kenmore. He orders 3 parts, they are all on back order. So we wait.....and wait.... after 3 weeks I call to complain about the missed appointment they posted as an update. Their response was that they don’t have our parts. I requested a replacement. They said it has to be 30 days.

On the 30th day, I call and I am told they will send it to the special team that I’m not allowed to interact with. They are really special indeed, they wanted a copy of the receipt sent to them by email. But they gave me the wrong email. I then called back. The gatekeeper named Jen said she would send the “special team” a message on my behalf. The “special team” then responded with a working email address. Because this is a lot to explain let’s say I’m still getting the run around. Nothing has been replaced. No parts have shipped. I can’t speak to anyone that really handles anything. My uncle has been without a refrigerator for over a month. Sears/AF does not care. Be careful buying any appliance from them. They are not the same company they used to be.

Original review: April 3, 2021

Good afternoon. I put in a service call to Sears Home Services for repair for a Kenmore Elite refrigerator. At first, I thought this was going to work out well. I completed the appointment website online and immediately received a text message on my telephone confirming the appointment on Friday, April 2, 2021 between 3:14 p.m. and 4:44 p.m. I received another text message with an update for the appointment at a later time, which was fine with me since a blocked out time to have the services completed on the refrigerator.

This is when everything went downhill. I received an e-mail with a link to track the service representative for Sears. Unfortunately, the arrival time was later and later. At 8:00 p.m. no one showed up. The link in my e-mail updated to appointment not complete. We never received a phone call or anything. I called to cancel appointment. This is when the appointment was re-scheduled for Monday, April 5th through Customer Service. On Saturday, April 3rd, I went on-line to cancel the new appointment scheduled for April 5th between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Guess what, the website didn't work to cancel the appointment. I had to call to cancel the appointment.

What is the point of allowing a customer to cancel a scheduled appointment through the website on-line when it doesn't work. This is the worst service I have ever experienced. If you are trying to salvage your reputation, this is not the way to do it. I am so turned off by this disaster that I will never contact Sears again for service!!! You are not welcome!!!

Original review: March 26, 2021

I have spent the last month trying to get my refrigerator either fixed or replaced and dealing with anyone from Sears has been an absolute nightmare. My refrigerator suddenly stopped cooling and we were able to get a technician out within two days (great job). He diagnosed the problem and ordered four parts to be delivered to my home so that he could make the repair. The day after placing the order I was notified that one of the items had backordered. It has now been over four weeks later and the item is still in "Backordered" status and Sears refuses to replace my refrigerator.

Every time I call customer service I get told that they are "escalating" my case and to expect to hear back from someone in 3-5 business days but that call never comes. I end up calling back and speaking to a new customer service agent and get told the exact same thing. I have gone an entire month now without a working fridge and no one can give me a real answer as to when it could be resolved. Save your money. Do not purchase anything from Sears.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

From day one every now & then the refrigerator makes a really weird sound like a fan is squeaky but when I had the service person come out of course it did not do it nor could he find any problems. It does not do all the time but when it does it's very annoying.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

This is a good refrigerator but the delivery was a little shaky, had to have another call to have the handles firmly attached to the refrigerator, was very inconvenient. But the refrigerator runs well and smoothly.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

We have a bottom freezer French door fridge from Sears. It looks nice and does a good job. One of the things I liked best was that it came without the ice maker and water dispenser, which is what we were looking for. The temperature gauges on the fruit/veggie bins never worked, but the freezer is quite large, and has an extra pull-out shelf for storage. While I like the refrigerator just fine, I would not purchase from Sears again. They tacked on an extra charge because of where we lived, and said it was a permit fee that our county required. That was a complete lie. We have since purchased several other large appliances elsewhere, and when we asked about it, we were told there was no such fee.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

My mother and I own a Sears refrigerator for years. They are very reliable. I love that sears gives you and extend warranty on their products. When our refrigerator had a malfunction, we called the warranty and they came out and took care of the problem. The refrigerator has working condition for many years. I would recommend sears appliances to anyone who wants a reliable product.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Love my refrigerator but Sears customer service is not what it used to be. I believe our manufacturer of my model is LG. We purchased all other LG appliances to match the refrigerator. I love the bottom freezer and French style doors.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I like Sears' products and have always bought them. When I need to buy something I always go to Sears no matter what product it is (even clothes). I have bought all my appliances there and had them fix them when they broke down.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

The refrigerator that came with the house started to break after a few years. We decided to purchase a Kenmore since we’ve been happy with Sear’s appliance. We ordered the medium sized French door refrigerator in stainless and it was delivered in a week. We haven’t had any major issues with the unit and had a tech come out a few times for preventative maintenance. The two filters are replaced twice a year and it’s nice the unit tells you when it’s due. It holds quite a bit of groceries and the ice maker in the door is a nice feature.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I purchased Kenmore Elite appliances. Very bad decision. As soon as the one year warranty was up the display on my microwave went out. Then there was an issue with the refrigerator 3 times! The compressor blew out and I had to pay the labor only of $332 to have it replaced. 2 years later the compressor blew out again and they charged me $640 just for labor to replace it as the compressor is still under warranty. That is highway robbery! Do not buy Sears appliances or use their service to fix them. Customer service is horrific!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I have been a Sears customer for many years and have always had great service until this year, my refrigerator is less than a year old and is not working called Sears repair as it is still under warranty to which they told me to unplug and plug back in and wait 5 to 6 hours and it should work. It did not. After many hours on phone I did a chat and they finally agreed to send a tech; in more than two weeks, the tech said it was not repairable and I would have to go to the store in my area. I went. The poor manager worked for hours to help me and he was told I would have to have another tech come out again. I was told it was not repairable.

The tech told me he would send in the report and I should get an email telling what to do; still no email. Called the store and the manager gave me a number to call, called that number. Waited 30 minutes and spoke to that rep who then told me he would have to transfer me to consumer solutions, she then told me that the refrigerator was unrepairable. They would have to get me a replacement but it would be 48 to 72 hours before I would get a claim number to get my refrigerator. Now 72 hours have passed. No email. Called again. On hold 30 min the first time. Told I would be transferred to consumer solutions; was disconnected. Called again. On hold for 40 min. Told I would be transferred. Still on hold. This is the absolute worse customer service ever. I don’t know what to do. I can’t afford a new refrigerator or I would hang up and buy one.

Resolution response: May 21, 2021

Update: After being told verbally over the phone by someone in Oregon that we would be receiving a credit on the refrigerator, we were sent an email on 3/30/21 that we’d be receiving a replacement of the same make and model. The delivery date was supposed to be today, 5/21/21. We received a confirmation about delivery a week prior, and then another confirmation on the night before with the timeframe they were supposed to deliver. At 8:35 am on said delivery date (5/21/21) we were told the delivery wasn’t possible and to contact customer service. I’m fuming. I have spoken to 4 different people, it’s been 90 minutes, and I keep getting the runaround. All I want is a credit for the refrigerator. I want to research for a new refrigerator and buy it somewhere else. I don’t want another delivery date (they said it would be in July), I just want my damn money. I am currently on hold because now I’m being told the credit they were going to give me today is only for the extended warranty. **? I am absolutely losing my mind over this. I have mental health issues and this is not helping one bit.

Update on Update: Nice gentleman named Juan has helped me get a delivery cancellation number and with that, I can pick out another, different, refrigerator that will be delivered who knows when. At least I don’t have to receive the same model, which will probably break as well. I will update when I receive the new refrigerator or if plans change.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

We purchased our new refrigerator in August and it was installed in September. In early January, we saw a leak in the basement and determined it was coming from the refrigerator. We needed to turn the water off at the back of the appliance. The space between the refrigerator and a counter space didn’t provide enough room to fully pull the refrigerator out. The doors needed to be removed and we had no clue how to do that. So we had to cut the through the wood paneling on the side of the refrigerator to access the space and we were finally able to stop the water.

All the while, I was on the phone with Sears customer service whom were no help at all, other than scheduling a repair visit for 3 days later. When the technician came, he straight out said that these refrigerators were horrible, and that the part (water inlet valve) would take months to get. He had customers waiting on parts since July 2020! I understand Covid is a main culprit in not receiving parts timely, but that’s not my problem. Luckily, it’s not the compressor like others here in their reviews, but now we have to purchase a freezer to hold ice and we are now paying for bottled water because that part of the appliance isn’t working.

Sears states we can’t return the refrigerator because we haven’t had it repaired yet and it takes a number of failed repairs to be able to return the refrigerator. It’s almost comical at this point. We have ALWAYS purchased Sears appliances but never again. Sad that this company is going under fast, but Sears needs to put their customers first and clearly, they are not. Good riddance, SEARS.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I was assigned by my home warranty company to Sears for my refrigerator repair. The only available time a tech could come by was a 2 week wait! I agreed but was not happy. I rearranged my schedule to be home on the appointment date when at 7:15 am I got a call telling me the tech was sick and my new appointment date was ANOTHER 2 WEEKS out! I told them to go to heck and cancelled the service and went with another company...which came out the SAME day!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE!!! I ordered a refrigerator and they scheduled my delivery. When they came to deliver it they said that I needed to hire a plumber to put an adapter in behind my fridge and that they would hold my fridge in the warehouse until then. I got the adapter and called to reschedule my delivery. They said I couldn't get it for another week because my merchandise wasn't in the warehouse. THEY SOLD MY FRIDGE!! So I waited a week. On the day it was supposed to be delivered they told me that it was canceled. At this point, I had just had someone come haul away my old fridge so now I suddenly don't have anywhere to put my food. I called them back to try and reschedule delivery and THEY DID NOTHING... NOTHING to make it better. Couldn't bring me a fridge, couldn't offer a discount for the headache and new costs of losing all my food. So crazy how bad it is.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I’m very disappointed with Sears strategy lured me for early delivery. Their delivery for my refrigerator scheduled for 3 times (Jan 15, Jan 22, Feb 1) which is so inconvenient for us because food is spoiled and spent money for ice to preserve food.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

We order a fridge from the Sears hometown store in Sonora Ca. They ran our credit three time saying they didn't! Order on the weekend of Black Friday, it was supposed to be delivered on the following Friday! Just got delivered Jan 7 with one delivery guy, which left the fridge outside! Tried to contact customer care regarding all this. No help! Ask for our local Sears managers to contact me many times. No return call. On top of it all the delivery guy hit my tree and broke it, now I have to get that cut before it falls on someone or something. User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Father in law is 93.. Kenmore Refrigerator not yet a year old. Bought in Sears Farmington Maine store.. Stopped cooling. They were called. Appointment set for Dec 18th between 8-5.. So whole day waited.. No call. No show. When called were told service man ill.. Ok.. No call. No show. Called multiple times. Told "will call back." NO ONE CALLS BACK.. Called again today, "Will call back before close at 6." Waited until after 5, called.. No answer.. Called customer care, was told appointment was already set for Jan 5th.. Really another 5 days without a Refrigerator.. Trying to tell me "parts" were the reason.. REALLY? What parts?? Have not even looked at it yet!! Told them, "Just bring him a new one.." I mean really a Refrigerator doesn't last even a year??? "Sorry repairman will be there between 8-5 on the 5th!!!" My FIL ALWAYS BOUGHT SEARS.. NEVER AGAIN.. Lowe's is much much better customer oriented.. They have all our business from now on..

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

On 1-20-2020 I purchase a refrigerator from Sears outlet. It was a new open box item. Had it delivered and hooked up. The delivery tech never set up my ice maker and just did a lazy job and left. 8 months later my refrigerator stops working. I call a get a appt for a tech to look at it. He stated to me that the model I bought was built with a defected fan and it was common for this model to stop working. I wonder why Sears wouldn’t recall this if they knew about it and I’m sure they did because people probably called then when it stopped working. The tech stated he’ll have to order new parts and it should take a week. Well 8 long weeks later, no parts, no update, No Sears.

I went through Thanksgiving and now Christmas with no refrigerator all through this lockdown. So my family and I are stuck with no refrigerator, no extra money to get one, and no food in the house. God help me if everything closes and we are unable to get food from the store, because we can’t stock up. Contacted Sears again on 12-22-2020 and they stated they’ll get back to me. The same old song and dance. The refrigerator was only 8 months old when it stopped working. Seems like Sears MO is to prolong the process so the consumer just gets tired and gives up and moves on. I unfortunately don’t have that choice to move on. Sears knowingly sold a refrigerator that had a defected fan, then doesn’t have the parts to fix the problem, maybe because the fan was defected and that’s way they don’t have it. So my family are stuck without a refrigerator, no money to get another one, and Sears just wants me to wait it out.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Reviews tell a story... Will NEVER shop at Sears again. There's a reason they have a 1.6 star rating. I've ordered from my local Sears store before and have ordered parts without issue. After ordering my fridge in August 2020, it's been one disaster after the next. It's now Dec. 15th and I still don't have my fridge. It was promised in October. I can deal with a couple of months delay due to the pandemic. Fine. But then they rescheduled until mid-December. AFTER I needed it for Thanksgiving dinner preparations when I knew I would need an extra fridge.

I received a call last night informing me of delivery. Nice touch. But then this morning, radio silence. No word from the delivery company. Called at the end of my 11-1:00 delivery window. Was informed that the truck had 1 delivery ahead of mine and then would be delivering it. At 2:30 pm, I called again. They were a total no show. I have 4 small children and don't have time for this sort of lack of customer service. Unacceptable. I had to go to my doctor's appointment. (I do have other things to do than wait around for delivery drivers with no communication skills.) I was told on the 2nd phone call that my item would not be delivered today (no explanation, just the assumption of the representative that the item had been damaged) and instead, it would be delivered on Dec. 17. Do I trust that? Not really. To me this is unacceptable.

Supply chain during a pandemic is one thing. But the lack of communication, leaving me waiting for hours without ANY communication -- I had to initiate both calls --- is clearly lack of customer service and any sort of basic good manners. At this point, I was ticked. I asked for a discount for all of the hassle (this has been a 5-month process) and I was told that I would be given 5% back in Sears points. NOT HELPFUL. I will not be shopping at Sears again. Points at this point are worthless. I informed the agent that I wanted the 5% back on my original form of payment and was informed that she couldn't do that. A supervisor is supposed to call me tomorrow. Will NEVER deal with Sears again. I don't have time in my life for drama and poor communication skills. I've been waiting over 5 months for a fridge. There's a reason this company is no longer successful. They lack basic customer service skills and the ability to deliver what they promise.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I ordered a refrigerator online and was given a delivery date. That date came and I got a message that it would be delayed. I called to get a new date. This has been repeated about 5 times. I now see that Sears is a bigger liar even than Donald Trump! Also, trying to reach anyone at Sears by phone is nearly impossible. I can well understand why they will soon disappear. Sad. Sears once was a good place to shop.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information