Sears Appliance - Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Reviews tell a story... Will NEVER shop at Sears again. There's a reason they have a 1.6 star rating. I've ordered from my local Sears store before and have ordered parts without issue. After ordering my fridge in August 2020, it's been one disaster after the next. It's now Dec. 15th and I still don't have my fridge. It was promised in October. I can deal with a couple of months delay due to the pandemic. Fine. But then they rescheduled until mid-December. AFTER I needed it for Thanksgiving dinner preparations when I knew I would need an extra fridge.

I received a call last night informing me of delivery. Nice touch. But then this morning, radio silence. No word from the delivery company. Called at the end of my 11-1:00 delivery window. Was informed that the truck had 1 delivery ahead of mine and then would be delivering it. At 2:30 pm, I called again. They were a total no show. I have 4 small children and don't have time for this sort of lack of customer service. Unacceptable. I had to go to my doctor's appointment. (I do have other things to do than wait around for delivery drivers with no communication skills.) I was told on the 2nd phone call that my item would not be delivered today (no explanation, just the assumption of the representative that the item had been damaged) and instead, it would be delivered on Dec. 17. Do I trust that? Not really. To me this is unacceptable.

Supply chain during a pandemic is one thing. But the lack of communication, leaving me waiting for hours without ANY communication -- I had to initiate both calls --- is clearly lack of customer service and any sort of basic good manners. At this point, I was ticked. I asked for a discount for all of the hassle (this has been a 5-month process) and I was told that I would be given 5% back in Sears points. NOT HELPFUL. I will not be shopping at Sears again. Points at this point are worthless. I informed the agent that I wanted the 5% back on my original form of payment and was informed that she couldn't do that. A supervisor is supposed to call me tomorrow. Will NEVER deal with Sears again. I don't have time in my life for drama and poor communication skills. I've been waiting over 5 months for a fridge. There's a reason this company is no longer successful. They lack basic customer service skills and the ability to deliver what they promise.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I ordered a refrigerator online and was given a delivery date. That date came and I got a message that it would be delayed. I called to get a new date. This has been repeated about 5 times. I now see that Sears is a bigger liar even than Donald Trump! Also, trying to reach anyone at Sears by phone is nearly impossible. I can well understand why they will soon disappear. Sad. Sears once was a good place to shop.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

My Kenmore refrigerator purchase in 2015 after (7) repairs was replaced by Sears in 2019. Now less than year, replacement not working. Replacement walking from China... Sears regain somehow your product integrity!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

On October 7, 2020 I had a Sears service call to my home for my five year old Samsung refrigerator. I was charged $169 for the service call and an additional $200 for labor that consisted of defrosting the cooling coils. This took about one hour. There were no parts replaced. On about October 27th the same problem occurred, cooling coils iced up, fan stops spinning when caught on the ice, refrigerator begins to get warm. I did the same procedure as the service sub-contractor. It seems the original problem is still not addressed for there are error codes on the display, which the service person did not bother looking for (25 E), which indicated parts needed to be replaced.

I was overcharged on this call. The service person was not knowledgeable sufficiently to address the problem. I have no faith in having another service call from this subcontractor. Total charge for the call: $369 + tax. Nowhere was the labor worth $200/1 hour. There was a previous communication with Sears regarding this incident, but heard nothing back.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

We’ve been dealing with Sears for the past 6 months with horrible experience. We’ve spent over $500 on our service agreement and the 6 technicians who have been out for repair can’t fix our refrigerator. The last tech said he could not fix our refrigerator because the parts that were ordered, which had the correct part number, won’t fit in the refrigerator even though it’s the correct part number. We’ve now been without a refrigerator for the past 6 months. No one from Sears will call us back, what are we to do??????? This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!! We have been without a working refrigerator since MAY, 2020!!! Now it is unrepairable... We wouldn’t have bought a refrigerator that only lasted 3 years and wouldn’t have got a service agreement since the parts are now all obsolete.

You can look this case up under Jill **. Also there are several case numbers, which I have been told, they do not go under those but here are a couple of them:

**, **. I was also told that my refrigerator is going to be replaced at 100% of the purchase price with no out of pocket charge to me and that is what we are going by now. Please have someone either order my new refrigerator #** or call me and let us know when all this will be delivered. Thank you for your IMMEDIATE attention to this. We have a diabetic in our house and a 17 month baby so we NEED a working refrigerator.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Our local Sears told me that our 4 year old fridge would be covered for parts when the compressor went out on 9/13. The first Appt was the 23rd. The technician told us then that we'd have to go through corporate to get it covered but that it was in fact the compressor. Corporate's first available date was 10/5. No one showed. We were told they'd be out the next day, then 10/7, and still no one showed. Today I had to again reschedule and they can't come til 10/19. "No technician was available." SO WHY WERE WE SCHEDULED? Also, the 19th is only for diagnostics and then they'll order the part and reschedule. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM SEARS AGAIN. Not to mention today when I called I was transferred 4 times before the reschedule was made.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Ordered a freezer in April 18th 2020 and delivery date sit for May 15 2020 as they had them available at distribution center. Called the day before to make sure it would be delivery. Was told no because they were behind. New date for delivery is June 8th. No delivery in June after calling. Was told would now be July 18th. Guess what? It's now October 4th and still no freezer. We ordered a quarter beef and half hog in May to be delivered in mid October because you see we bought a freezer 6 months prior with a promise of our freezer being delivered within a month of purchase. If they had told us they were sure when they would get freezers due to COVID that would be different. But they said they had it available. Now if I cancelled order no telling when we'll get it. Paid in full and no freezer. If I lose my meat I will be suing them. I will NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I cancelled my purchase 10 days ago but my debit card has not been refunded. A Target refund would take 1-3 days which is typical of most retailers. Why does Sears take 14-30 days. I got no email confirmation of my cancellation. Customer service which was the hallmark of Sears has really deteriorated.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

We bought our fridge in October of 2019 and had problems by January 2020. After the first 2 technicians "supposedly fixed" the issue, a 3rd call was made in June for the same issue and this repairman said he needed a few parts and they would be mailed to my home. Here it is now, September, and the parts still are not here. The refrigerator will be out of warranty in October and the phone shuffle we have received on all three occasions is laughable! By the 5th phone number and the total 2 hour plus waiting on hold to not get anyone to pick up? Really? We are completely frustrated and need to file with the BBB. The final number given to us today was an invalid phone number, Manufacturing Warranty Dept. (800) 968-3429...

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We purchased a higher end Kenmore Elite Refrigerator in spring 2018, in September 2020, it stopped cooling. This apparently happens with Kenmores/LGs and is a well known problem. We also purchased a 3 year warranty, which we expected would protect us. We lost at least $500 worth of food, and have been living without a refrigerator for over a week. We have called customer service every day, which is a 4+ hour long process EVERY DAY. We get passed around between departments and people to just pass off the problem and have been offered no resolution. We found our own technician (after Sears offered one that could get here NEXT MONTH) who came within 24 hours and told us it was a severe problem that costs more than the refrigerator and is common in Kenmores. We were once again told by Sears customer service to "call back on Monday."

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Here's the history: 1) In July, first technician (Alvin) came out, He just defrosted the ice and said that's the only problem. Note: he did not even know how to turn off the refrigerator. I had to tell him how. Worst, he's defrosting the fridge while having it's on. 2) 2nd technician (Vinh) came out, found the problem and order the heater. 3) 3rd technician (Carlo) came out to install the order parts and he broke my door. He put back the door and it was misaligned. He slammed it. :-( ... Worst, he even didn't turn off the refrigerator when replacing the parts. He left and I found the door was misaligned.

4) The first technician (Alvin) came out again and fix the door misaligned. I could not tell if the replaced parts work or not because for the whole week, I have to turn it off because I could not close the door. 5) The first technician (Alvin) came out again and ordered the ice maker. He said it's normal for the temperature in the fridge is 47+ even though the fridge is set at 37. He said nothing to fix even though the refrigerator is not cold.

At this point, I am waiting for the ice maker part to come and then I continue to throw away my foods because the fridge is not cold. The ice cream in the freezer is melted. :-( I'm am extremely unhappy with Sears service because I called them and they did want to do anything with it. They don't even care if I called the Sears Customer Care. They put me on hold for hours ...

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I purchased my Kenmore side by side model 795.51819.410 March 2016. Freezer and fridge failed August 2020 1 year after extended warranty I purchased. I contacted Sears. They said they could have a tech out the next day between 12p-8p. I had to have 340.00 preauthorized on my credit card that will cover diagnostic fee and labor. The compressor which they knew was the issue would be free. So I did the preauthorization. They emailed said tech tomorrow 12-8 or next day 8a -12. Fine. Waited for a phone call for confirmation as promised. The morning of the 12-8pm promise still no call. I called them. They can't find a tech to accept the job. Turns out it was a 3rd party company called Service Live that finds contractors but no one will accept the job.

I called Sears to tell them this wasn't acceptable. They said, "We have actual Sears techs." Why was I never given that as an option? So she said, "149.00 for diagnostic fee to be applied to repair for sears tech. Ok. We can schedule you for next month September 14." This is August 20 WTH! I have already lost 300.00 in freezer food and you expect me to have no refrigerator for a month. They are awful. The LG compressor in a lot of Kenmore fridges is junk. A class action lawsuit has been filed on this compressor model FLB075LANA per the internet. Do not buy Kenmore!!!! If you already have one expect no help from Sears.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

9 month old fridge does not keep food cold. C/S kept me on hold for 1 hr 45 min/never picked up. Used most of my cell phone minutes on hold. Earliest appt was in 2 weeks for emergency service. what am I supposed to eat in the meantime? Food spoilage of $50 so far. Temperature hovers around 50 degrees. Freezer works okay so I am freezing as much food as I can so I have something to eat. I am elderly and in pandemic isolation. Cannot leave house or afford to have fast food delivered. Sears/Kenmore used to be a reliable brand. Not anymore.

I truly regret buying Kenmore and will NEVER buy from Sears again. Using pandemic as an excuse for poor customer service is unacceptable. Fridges break down whether there or not there is a pandemic. They had the audacity to email me a feedback survey and I gave them extremely negative ratings, yet no response since the malfunctioning has not been resolved. It's no wonder Sears is on the brink of going out-of-business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Please read reviews for Sears before committing to anything they offer. Our experience is not unlike countless others we've read since this latest experience. We had our Sears Kenmore refrigerator "We thought" stop working. We called Sears for a diagnostic, so a tech. He came out, but obviously just to "Sell" parts we did not need & to "Sell" a warranty. They have no technicians to service warranty work, repairs or to install parts. These experiences others are also complaining about are too common, so, same issues, same description of calls & hard sells for both parts as well as their home warranty. So, we were told by their tech, we needed a compressor & a couple other parts to complete the job, that he obviously had no intentions of coming back to install. Again, if you read others complaints on this site or any other regarding Sears, you will see for yourself. Sos.

So, we paid $752.35 upfront, in full & they charge the next day our same c/cd for their $69.95 because the tech also told us, that would save us 50% off of our bill. It did not. Nor have any techs been able to come & complete or begin any repairs or install any parts. Thankfully, I paid with a c/cd & have disputed all the charges, but here's the worst news. We have a friend who is a professional, we did not want to call him because we knew he would not want to charge us & his expertise is on commercial a/c. But, when he heard Sears had again, for 3rd time, cancelled their appt again, saying in an early am email, again, we had to reschedule & to call their 800# for myhome. I did, again, again, we were told they had no technicians available in our area.

Here's the thing, not only did he lie by telling us we needed parts we obviously did not need, he collected upfront with no intentions of coming back because he's only "Selling parts & warranties". I deduce all of this from looking, reading so many other scammed customers accounts/complaints across our country, btw, when you call Sears especially in the early am hours, you reach an out of country c/s, they tell you the same.. "We have no technicians available in your area." So, with our refrigerator running after being unplugged for almost a month, going on 3rd week, it's running & not because any new parts were necessary.

As for their warranty? How can they "Service" anything, when no techs are available? We do not live in a rural area. We live in a large county in state of Florida on the coast. No reasons for them not having a "Tech" available, except for the facts, they are obviously more into "Selling unnecessary parts & warranties" they could not service. They just want the parts $ & the monthly $ for services they cannot perform & obviously by all others former customers accounts & complaints, this is how Sears apparently is into making money now. We trusted Sears because it has name recognition, please do not make that same mistake. Do not trust Sears for anything.. Period.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

My refrigerator started acting wonky on 7/4/2020. I made an appointment through American Home Shield. They assigned Sears Home Services to my case, a repairman came out on 7/21/2020. After parts came in, it got fixed on that day however 2 days later it started dong the same thing so I called sears back and they rescheduled an appointment on 7/24/2020, then I get an email that my appointment was rescheduled for 8/10//2020 so I called and asked why was my appointment rescheduled then I was told first I asked to have it rescheduled and I said I wanted to talk to a manager then the manager tells me that because there was no repairman in the DC area they had to reschedule it and they would send me a link in my email for the contractors so if they had a cancellation I can call to get that slot.

I never got an email I called again the next day and was told I will get the link as soon as we get of the phone still never got it, then on 8/10/2020 the day of my appointment I get a call saying the technician is sick and there was no one else to send so my appointment got rescheduled again to 8/21/2020 I explained to the representative that my refrigerator has not been functional for 3 weeks going on a month, all my food spoiled and all she could tell me is we will put you on a list so if someone does cancel they will put me in that slot.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Began on 28 June with request for service for failed Icemaker. Icemaker was replaced on 8 July, but it didn't work. 10 July service to "reset" icemaker. After 3-4 days, refrigerator-freezer failed. Multiple calls for service to multiple numbers to make appointment for service. Reason was people working at home because of COVID-19. 24 July service tech replaced compressor, and said he put a dye in to check for leaks, and gave me an appointment to recheck on 4 Aug. However, compressor failed after 3 days. Again another series of calls attempting to get service. Service tech had ordered more parts, but without informing me, therefore, no one give me a repair appointment until parts arrived. I was informed I could "rent" a refrigerator until repair. I am a senior citizen, and hence vulnerable to the virus, but should go researching a short-term rental, exposing myself to more places and personnel.

When parts arrived at my door (28 July), I called to get service, but nothing occurred until 4 Aug. Showing up late, service tech said, before looking at unit, that there was a leak. He spent the following 2 hours, checking behind the refrigerator, dismantling the freezer, then dismantling the refrigerator unit. Then walked outside to make a phone call. When he returned, he said the refrigerator was not repairable, that he had called in for a replacement, and that I would be contacted in 4 to 7 days. It is now 5 days, which means I have not had a refrigerator-freezer in 6 weeks. I purchased the "Master Protection Plan" when I purchased the unit. When the Icemaker was replaced, I was reminded that the plan date would end on 12 Oct, and I could renew the plan, which I did. I am still waiting to have the Plan contact me to resolve this messy situation, so I can procure a new refrigerator, cancel and have the renewal Plan monies returned.

Requesting service involving so many calls, having gone on-line to locate multiple phone numbers that were listed to receive service, extensive wait times to get someone to answer (in excess of an hour), and even being disconnected at times, and then long waits between actual service has been extremely frustrating. All this with a "Master Protection Plan", then to be told of holdups because of COVID-19, where was the concern for the health and welfare of the customer? And as I afore said, a senior citizen, more vulnerable to contracting the virus. I recommend no other individual purchase the above product and/or purchase their plan.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I paid about $1500 for this garbage to die on me and I only had it since November 2019. I have been calling for repair and been on hold for hours, since I am suppose to have manufacturer warranty for good for 1 year. Finally agent that doesn’t understand the fact that I have no power to nothing to perform any troubleshooting. I’m losing my patience because all of my food is going bad by the minute and now he is finally telling me he can get me an appointment for the end of the week.

Now when I initially called this was a Monday. My appointment is suppose to be for Friday now July 17, 2020. Thursday I call because I want to know if there is a faster process and can I get reimbursed for my food and they tell me no reimbursement and my appointment has been rescheduled without my knowledge. To next week July 22, 2020. I call the third party company they assigned me to and they can’t do anything to speed up the process because Sears has them booked to capacity. So basically Sears could care less about the customers and are making garbage products. This is why they are going out of business. I will be suing them!!

Original review: July 1, 2020

Do not ever expect any type of acceptable service having your appliance repaired by Sears. It only took 1 week for them to come to my house and look at the refrigerator. The service man made an appointment over 1 month out and said he ordered parts to fix it. When he came back 5 weeks later I found out they just ordered 3 more parts the day before the appointment. It's been over 2 months and I just got 1 of the 3 other parts. I just canceled and will call someone else. I learned that these parts are in stock and available but I bet they are not even needed but I'll let a real service tech come to my house and check it out better. Each time I tried to call them the line got so bad when it was a difficult question. I could not understand them. Total ridiculous communication and treatment you will regret ever using them if you do call.

Original review: June 25, 2020

So here's a story for you....please bare with me, this is a long Sears appliance review and keep in mind that we are part of their Master plan. So our SEAR'S KENMORE REFRIGERATOR decided to go out the end of May. The temp in the freezer was 60 degrees and we lost just about everything in the fridge and freezer. My husband called on Friday May 29th and the technician came out the following Tuesday. He replaced the compressor and advised it would take 24 to 48 hours to come up to temp. We waited 3 days and still was not working. I got on chat with the service department and they had a date open for June 9th between 8 and 12 . So at 12:30 I got back on chat and they said they had June 24th because a tech wasn't available for June 9th. I'm like no one called to let me know and the earliest they had was a June 24th, 3 weeks!!!!

The tech came out and just the day before he did the fridge had come up to temp (3weeks) and made ice. The tech did a reset to the system I paid for an In-depth cleaning, which my husband had already vacuumed and cleaned all that out before he called for the first tech. The tech was very knowledgeable and he actually talked to me.

So this morning we woke up to water leaking out of the fridge. The ice had all melted and the freezer temp was back up to 60 degrees. So now I'm really ticked off so instead of a chat room, I decided I wanted to talk to a real person, so I called the 800 number and this is how it went: On hold for 20 minutes to talk to a person who barely spoke English, I had to keep repeating myself and the info in her system was all wrong. She finally got it pulled up and put me on hold for 10 minutes to verify. Then she came back on the line to tell me she had to transfer me to tech support scheduling. On hold for another 30 minutes for tech. She could barely hear me. There was so much background noise from other techs on other calls. She kept putting me on hold to review, then chat with scheduling. She comes back with a date of July 17th. What! Another 3weeks!

I told her that was unacceptable. I needed someone asap since this was the 3rd call on the fridge. She told me that we could call a repair person and Sears would reimburse us, hahaha. Or we could rent a fridge and they would reimburse us HAHAHAHA. She kept talking over me and not listening. I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor and again she kept talking over me. I repeated my request several times before she put me on hold. 10 minutes later I get a floor manager that can't help me either and I told him about his very rude service rep. He didn't say a word. Just tells me he is going to transfer me to a person in Benefits Admin. On hold for another 45 minutes. So this person pulls up our info and puts me on hold to review. He comes back on the line and tells me the same thing July 17th is the earliest date available. So of course there was some back forth over the same crap I had already said 2 transfers ago.

Stated he would put us on the SOS list. REALLY!! Then he said he could send us a check for $115 for mini fridge. Unfreaking believable!!!! I was on the phone for almost 3 hours and transferred 3 times and who cares if we have been without this fridge since the end of May. Oh and to be able to have it replaced we would have to have the same part replaced 4 times within 12 months. How unbelievable is that? Thank you to the folks who read all the way through and please share to your friends.

Original review: June 25, 2020

We have been customers of Sears since July 3, 2017. We purchased a Kenmore electric range and a Kenmore double door refrigerator with an extended warranty. We had to replace the refrigerator with Sears 7 months ago because they had the seal to the refrigerator on back order for months and after realizing that it was not going to get repaired, Sears was suppose to give us a brand new refrigerator. But when they delivered the so called new refrigerator, we discovered it was a scratch and dent. That it was the one on display off the showroom floor. Since then the hinge on the right door has broken off so when the other door closes it swings open. When we walk by the door it opens. In the middle of the night, with the door not sealing right, the ice in the ice maker melts and we wake up to a puddle of water on our brand new flooring. There is a tear in the freezer door and that door doesn't want to shut properly.

The technician has been been out to my house several times to replace parts. The last time he came out he became aggressive and angry with my wife, became argumentative with me, said he wasn't going to replace anything. So I told him to leave. The time before that he came into my home reeking of alcohol and left screws out of my appliance. Sears knew he was banned from my home and yet they sent him out to my home again. I have been trying to get the repairs that is covered under my extended warranty before the warranty runs out but at this point Sears Home Service is taking my money and not fixing the problem. Kenmore products with Sears is a waste of money that is cheaply made. If I knew then what I know now I would have went with something else.

Original review: June 12, 2020

If I could give negative stars I would give a bunch! I purchased a Kenmore French Door Refrigerator from Sears back in Mar of 2019. With the purchase I also purchased a 3 year Master Protection Agreement. After about 6 months of use the ice make stopped making ice. I called for service and the technician came out and fixed it and it worked for one day. I called for service again and a new technician came out in February and looked at the fridge and said he needed to order parts and it would take a couple of weeks.

Well after a month I called back and no parts were ever ordered and not the Corona Virus is in full force and there is nothing they can do right now. I live without an ice maker until May of 2020. I call Sears and a new technician comes out and says again he needs to order parts. Within the next couple of weeks I get three packages from Sears to repair the fridge. I call them to have them come out but they tell me they cant send someone because I still need three more parts that are back order with no ETA of when they will arrive.

Well in the meantime I get a new problem where my freezer stopped working. I call Sears again to ask them to send a technician out to repair the freezer. I still don't have an ice maker but I can live without that as long as my freezer works. Anyway, they said they can't send a technician out because they are still waiting for the parts to arrive. They said they cannot send a technician for two separate calls? WTH? I would have to wait for parts. This is the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard.

The freezer not working is a completely separate issue from the ice maker not making ice. I escalated the call up the chain and talked to a very nice lady from America (because up until now I have been talking to people in India!) I explained to her everything that happened and then I asked her about the replacement under my warranty. She told me she could try and put through a replacement fridge and lets see if it gets approved. She came back to me after being on hold for what seemed like hours and told me I was in luck they have approved me to get a Replacement Refrigerator. She told me I would get a call in a couple of days to set up the replacement. I waited from Tuesday to Friday and didn't hear anything.

I called on Friday and the first people I talked to said yes we see its approved but we need you to talk to another department to get more info. They transferred me again to someone on India that is now telling me I'm not approved. Even though 3 days before they tell me I am approved! WTH! and on top of that I can barely understand what she is telling and I keep asking her to repeat what she is saying. She keeps telling me they won't honor the replacement. She tells me to call back in 24-72 hours and gives me a reference number. I still don't have a freezer that works, no ice maker that works.

The fridge is a year old and only has worked for 6 months. I am done with this company and anything that has to do with this company. I am taking this fridge to a store and dropping it off and they can do what they want with it. Do not purchase anything from this Company, they have the worse customer service and service department of any company in the world. You will waste thousands of dollars buying appliances from them.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Our Kenmore Elite stopped working. Only the lights were on but it wouldn't keep cold. We call Sears Appliance Service as the Refrigerator was purchased from them. They promptly sent a technician the same day. He arrived but didn't follow any Covid-19 protocols. I moved the fridge out for him and plugged it in after explaining the issue. He went to the back of the fridge and opened up a panel. He found a few dead cockroaches and immediately told us he wouldn't be able to do any diagnostics as he found the dead roaches. We offered to clean up so he could continue but he said he did not want to do anything as he could carry them to another job site. We asked what could be done but he said Sorry that he couldn't do anything as it was their policy not to touch any appliance if they saw any roaches dead or alive!

We asked about the diagnostic fee and he said we still had pay it! But we protested and said he had not done anything except open up the panel and refuse to do anything, We refused to pay so he put back the panel and was leaving when we noticed he hadn't put back couple of screws so we asked him to do that after which he left. At a later time we were sent a bill for diagnostics and they charged us $99 for labor. It also said the customer had denied the service estimate. What we denied what paying for the diagnostic fee which was never done! We called and requested to file a complaint on the technician but we have a feeling nothing will be done and we will be stuck paying for a diagnostic fee that was not done.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Sears is terrible. Bought a 2000 dollar Sears Kenmore elite refrigerator. 1 year 3 months the refrigerator wouldn't get cold. Called service guy. 75 bucks here 5 minutes said Kenmore junk ran model number made by Diawo. No longer in business, can't get part, evaporation pump bad... I call sears repair. I was told 99 Dollars, no matter what wrong, they will fix even if repairman has to come back out. So I scheduled earliest time. 1 week later sears guy comes out, at my house 5 minutes, said same thing. I told them on phone evaporation pump... said cost 500 to fix, part is 46 dollars, the rest is labor. Tried to complain with sears managers, hung up on me 6 times. Finally get a hold of management. She said her name was Mars. Tried to explain my issues, she kept interrupting and sorry can't do anything to help, hung up on me.. I will never buy anything from sears again. No wonder why they're going out of business.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I purchased this Kenmore refrigerator approximately 3 years ago. The refrigerator has had very light use (single traveling owner). The doors on the refrigerator have not been opened more than 300 times. The compressor stopped working about 2 months ago forcing the purchase of a new refrigerator. I had called Sears but they wanted to charge me for a technician to come out and read the code that the refrigerator transmits. I asked the rep if she couldn't do that by teaching me how to read the transmitted signal via my phone. She would not do that.

I hired my own technician who informed me that the compressor had gone out and the cost to repair it was going to be around $1,000. He also told me that he had been called for many, many, MANY compressors for the Kenmore refrigerators. He advised not to repair it and to buy another refrigerator - anything other than a Kenmore. He told me that the ones that he had replaced we're already starting to go out again!

I had owned a Whirlpool refrigerator prior to this that died and I vowed to never buy another Whirlpool refrigerator. (Same rude Sears customer service because I bought it at Sears) The salesperson assured me that this was not a Whirlpool manufactured refrigerator but instead an LG. Based on that I bought the Kenmore. Now I see that Kenmore and LG are both in a class action lawsuit.

Consumers need help getting this corrected. Bad compressors put in refrigerators cost a lot of money in spoilage in the refrigerator and repair or replacement. The cost to replace is not small. I would never advise doing business with Sears. I only wish they would have gone out of business before I spent my money to buy this poor product. Companies set their own destiny. Sears definitely set theirs with their bad products and poor customer service that they've proudly and indignantly taunted the last 10 years.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Bought the refrigerator in March. I suspected it wasn't cooling, but bought a couple of thermometers that didn't work. Finally put two working thermometers in and both register 55 degrees F. First guy came out and defrosted the fan and said that was the problem. Talked about keeping doors closed (I'm the only one here) and the humidity (I live in a humid state). Temperature went up to 40 for about a day and then back to the 50's. Service guy came out yesterday and unthawed the fans again and said the drain line was bent so he straightened it. Today, the temperature remains in the 50's. I am at a loss of what to do at this point. I am afraid to get another Kenmore (I have had about 3 others that were great). Advise? The store where I bought it are really, really great but not so sure about this beautiful frig.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Just had a service person from Sears Repair-Home Services out, Martin ** was the individual. He was totally unprofessional and walked out of the appointment. He sniveled because I asked him to put booties over his shoes and didn’t allow him to put his dirty bag on my kitchen counter (because of the pandemic, obviously).*I purchased a Kenmore Elite less than two years ago, manufactured by LG, and just everyone else who owns an a Kenmore or LG refrigerator, the in-line compressor is total junk. There is a class action lawsuit filed here in CA. If anyone else has this problem I highly suggest looking up LG refrigerator class action lawsuit and get yourself in touch with the law firm who filed.*

So I watched him look at his phone for a good 5-8 minutes finally asked him what’s going on? Usually repair people will talk you through but I guess this guy was still sniveling. He looked up from his phone and told me to get another repair person and walked out. Unbelievable. How incredibly infantile to you have to be?? Now I have made six appointments with Sears and have had all six appointments canceled. This refrigerator is still under Sears warranty and they are not honoring it. So not only has Sears sold me a useless p.o.s. $3,500 box they call a refrigerator, and their service repair people are just as useless, they will not honor their warranty. I will be filing a lawsuit against Sears for consumer fraud.

**TLDR: Don’t let Sears have the upper hand here, fight back!! Hold them accountable!! Either retain a consumer (lemon law) attorney or do it yourself, it is surprisingly rather easy to take a large corporation to small claims court. Sears will not show to small claims because attorneys are not allowed (and they wouldn’t waste money or time), they will settle with you. Also, don’t believe the 5-star reviews. They are bogus. Believe the one star. Or better yet, look up their BBB profile. I cannot fathom how they are still in business.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Service guy came today and delivered the news after assessment of my $2500 refrigerator. Installation was going to be $1014 including parts. He told us the new compressor is different and should be better but continued to suggest we buy new for $1500. We did. So disappointed this failed so early, read up on the other customers who have experienced the same thing. Why isn’t this compressor recalled as defective? I understand there is a class action against this linear compressor. Try to buy USA product and got crap.

Original review: April 16, 2020

My refrigerator is having a issue since June-2019. Last year I bought the master protection plan and I have got nothing fixed so for it. My refrigerator quit cooling and so far I have 9 or 11 visits, 7- times replaced parts and still doesn't work. I'm done. Every time they come, it's one more part, or they don't know why it's not working. Sears just wants me to continue to let them come in a work and fix the problem over and over over. Very -frustrating, very Poor customer service.

I've suggest them to replace my refrigerator and they have agreed and made a appointment on 4-16-2020. Today I've received a text from sears that I have a appointment on 4/17/20. I don't know how come they changed their schedule day. My refrigerator has been dead now for 2 months and still it is not replaced. We are in the middle of the pandemic and don't wanna to come very often and changes the appointment on their own time. I have no working refrigerator at this moment. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I ordered a refrigerator water filter for a Kenmore fridge last week. Today, the package arrived, but instead of a water filter, I was sent a Craftsman General Purpose Vacuum Filter. I called customer service, and when someone finally answered they said they would have UPS come to pick up the vacuum filter at a later date, and I could order a water filter again. I asked if they were willing to cover shipping, or perhaps expedite shipping since I had already paid, and waited for (the wrong) product to arrive, and really wanted to have the filter rather than continue to buy bottled water since there seems to be such a shortage of bottled water since COVID-19. There was nothing they could do to assist in that regard, and in fact, they would not be able to ship a water filter for three weeks!

When I asked what other options there were, I was told that I could be transferred to "parts" where the customer service rep said he was sure they could help get something sooner. He gave me a product number, which he said they would need to locate the part. Figuring this much out took over 20 minutes. Apparently who he transferred me to was Sears Parts Direct, and the person I dealt with there stressed that Sears Parts Direct and Sears.com have absolutely nothing to do with each other. He asked for the number I was given prior to being transferred, which was an incorrect 4 digit number. Rather than explaining what he DID need, he persisted to tell me that I was incorrect and "refusing" to give him the product number. When he finally told me he needed the model number of my refrigerator which was 11 digits, I gave it to him. He then started telling me that I could buy a filter for $10 than I had already purchased it.

I told him that was not what I was looking to do. He told me the original order was not through Sears, but through a third party (receipt specifically says "Sold by SEARS") and therefore they could send whatever they wanted, so I had to deal with them, and was "supposed to call Sears Parts Direct" to begin with. I told him that I needed him to transfer me back to the original number that I called as he was making it sound as if I were dealing with two entirely separate businesses. I was transferred back, and told that the system was updating and there was nothing they could do to help me. I am supposed to "try again tomorrow." So, one week after ordering a WATER FILTER, I have a vacuum filter, no refund, no replacement part, no attempt at rectifying the situation whatsoever. Unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I have a 3 year old Kenmore Elite Refrigerator. The compressor went bad. The part is covered under warranty, the labor is not. I was quoted $436.37 just for labor to install the compressor and 2 WEEKS! to get the part. The technician told me if they had to order the part overseas it would take even more time to get the part. I was told I had to decide right that moment because the part had to be ordered onsite. If I waited to discuss it with my wife and then decided later to move forward I would be charged another service fee because the technician would need to come out again to order the part. I called the Sears Home Services number to ask if that was a normal fee and wait time and was transferred to 2 different people and on my way to the 3rd different person before I was tired of waiting and hung up. In my opinion, absolutely absurd.

Sears Appliance - Refrigerators Company Information