Sears Appliance - Dishwashers
Sears Appliance - Dishwashers
1.09/5

Sears Dishwashers

360 Sears Appliance - Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I ordered a new dishwasher on line, it took three days for a call to schedule an appointment which was scheduled for over a week away. One business day before the scheduled delivery, I got 2 separate automated calls telling me to call a number that turned out to not be the right number. Once I called the number I was given, I was on hold for >7 minutes where I was subjected to the same message about Facebook on repeat over and over. When they finally answered, the person couldn't pronounce "Michelle." Then I was told my order was delayed by 10 days. I said, "Fine, I want to cancel my order" and I was told I needed to call another number. To which I replied, "Can't you help me?" I waited on hold another 5 minutes, before the order was canceled. Now, two full weeks later, I still don't have a dishwasher. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

This relates to my attempt to get my leaking Samsung dishwasher fixed. First, the technician arrived late, with the entire afternoon spent on calling back and forth to hear contradictory time estimates. The main issue however was the so-called "diagnostic" itself. All he did was turn the dishwasher on and wait until it stops with an error code. And "from the sounds of it" concluded that the wash motor needed to be replaced and quoted almost 600$ for the repair. The reason why I called for repair service was the LEAK, not the motor. The error code on display shows LE (or oE at 2 occasions, which stands for "overflow") and water leaks from underneath the machine. I am very doubtful about this "diagnosis". He never took the machine out to examine the leak issue.

I called a few local repair companies after his visit, they all said that he was clearly supposed to examine the machine more thoroughly before concluding on the most costly repair need, which may in fact be irrelevant to the problem as such. I never received his "detailed quote" for the proposed repair or a proper description of the "diagnosis". I called the customer service the next day after I received the email with the "summary" of the visit which had ZERO information in his regard. However, they told me that they could not provide me with any details since only the technician had them...

In addition, the price he wanted to charge me for the visit was different (higher) from the amount indicated in the email confirming the service call and he had to call for another 20 minutes at least to straighten the issue and process my payment. After all, I am left with a 95$ charge and no details regarding the "diagnosis" or any detailed repair quote. Considering the questionable method of his "diagnosis", I will have to call someone else to make sure that this is indeed the type of repair that my dishwasher requires. This means paying another service call fee and losing another day waiting for them to come. I have since complained in writing to the customer service, which replies that they submitted my complaint to their "tech team" and that I would get a reply within 7 to 10 days. This was 17 days, and counting, despite multiple reminders. STAY AWAY!!!

Get expert buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

So I tried to purchase a Samsung washer/dryer bundle deal for 1299$. I ended up with the first order being wrong and had the wrong email that Sears put on it. When I called to change the email I wasn't allowed to so they cancelled my order and did a new order but didn't duplicate the original and didn't give me the discounts I originally was given for warranty in the first order.

After 7 attempts to speak to a supervisor, which I feel is worse than calling the president, they kept me on hold each time for 30-45 minutes and they proceeded to hang up each time. I finally got a hold of someone after being transferred to different departments and ended up crying from stress and cancelled my order completely. This is by far THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! And people please learn proper English. It is so hard to understand these people who answer the phone especially when they don't know what they are talking about!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I called Sears in June because my dishwasher started leaking. After two and 1/2 months of waiting around for 4 hour time frames every appointment the technicians were unable to fix the problem. It was approved for a comparable machine replacement, except they didn't want to give me the money needed to replace it. They said they would approve half of what the new machine costs. They sent me to the store to have them help me pick out a comparable machine but would not increase the money. This was a waste of my day. The plan I paid for says:

"The Master Protection Agreements. A Sears Master Protection Agreement provides you with the Guaranteed BEST Coverage in the industry. If it breaks, we'll fix it. You're covered for manufacturer's defects, normal wear & tear and cosmetic defects and you'll receive unlimited service and no deductibles or fees. Other plans cap service. Not Sears. If we can't fix it, we'll deliver and install a new, comparable product. Guaranteed. Other plans give you a gift card for the depreciated value of your product. Not Sears. We give you a real replacement." But the price they approved didn't cover the machine that is comparable to what I have, they are not upholding there agreement I paid for.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Set up an appointment to have dishwasher fixed. Service repairman from a third party arrived. Basic repair to the sensor. Technician ran machine for a brief minute and determined the machine was in good working order. We loaded the machine and nothing got clean. Called the 800 line and scheduled to have it looked at again. Well 5 long calls later. Lots of being on hold and run around we STILL have a broken machine. No return calls. No emails. And we are out our $250.00 and no working machine. BEWARE of Sears.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I purchased the Sears Home Warranty when my dishwasher broke and I called A&E to service. When they arrived, they explained to me how they partner with Sears Home Warranty and how they offer service appliance plans. The service person was courteous and knowledgeable, so no complaints there. The problem came after I purchased the warranty plan. They claimed to include one heating maintenance check in the plan and one cooling system plan. When I called the first representative, she claimed I did not have the coverage so I should call the membership line. When I said it wasn't my job to call the membership line to confirm this as I did have the coverage, she hung up on me.

I called back and was connected to someone in another country where I could barely hear her. The connection was so bad. I stayed on the line for over 30 minutes as she continued to put me on hold to understand what my coverage was. She finally came back and said, "I'm sorry ma'am but your hot water heater is not covered." I said, "I was calling to schedule my heating system maintenance check, I said nothing about a hot water heater." RED FLAGS WAVING FOLKS! I am cancelling the entire warranty plan before anything actually breaks in my home. The level of frustration dealing with these customer service representatives is a nightmare.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We bought a Kenmore Elite from Sears 2 months ago. It’s completely broken... won’t even turn on. The first service guy “said” he fixed it but when he left it still never turned on. So we waited another week for the next service guy to come out and tell us it’s completely broken... you think?!! I called and talked to 3 managers to get a new dishwasher and they all were broken records, telling me they won’t replace since it’s been more than 30 days! So they ordered the part and 2 weeks later the guy comes out to fix it but it’s STILL broken! He tells me it needs a whole new control panel and that the new part is not the right part. He now says everything will have been replaced in it after they come back... in another 2 weeks! The customer service of Sears is HORRIBLE and they run such a scam market. We will NEVER buy from Sears again and I have been telling everyone NOT to buy from Sears! Go somewhere else and get your money’s worth!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

AND DO NOT BUY THEIR WORTHLESS WARRANTY. I bought the warranty and called to get the annual maintenance check on my dishwasher... They said the technician would call me between 1-5 before he showed up and I waited till about 4:30 since I was at work and since he hadn’t called. I called Sears warranty back and they guaranteed the tech would be there by 5... ten minutes after 5 pm still no show and no call. I call them back and the girl put me on hold to call the company and see why he never showed but that she couldn’t get a hold of them. They rescheduled the appointment and the SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED. No call and no show. I called them and asked to cancel.

They said since they had that “work order” opened I had to call the customer service to cancel that and then wait 24 hours and call them back to have the warranty canceled. And that if I did cancel the money I paid for it would be prorated. I was so angry because for one I have barely had my dishwasher for one year and I didn’t even get this first annual maintenance check done. I can’t imagine needing an actual repair. Bottom line do not buy appliances from Sears and definitely not the warranty. Keep your money and buy somewhere else. Seriously. Their warranty is a joke. Hopefully I can get my money back once I get this canceled.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Our facility called at the end of July for a dishwasher repair. The technician (who was rude) came out, assessed the dishwasher, and determined ultimately it was a "bent" metal closure that secures the door closes. He "bent" it back, charged us for labor, travel, diagnostics- 270+ for the 10 minute "repair". One week later, same issue. I called back, explained the situation and Sears sent out a new technician. The new tech was very nice, explained that the initial man did not fix the real problem - which was the need for a replaced part- and that he felt we were overcharged. He explained he needed to order the part, and that once we received it (within a week) to call and schedule for the tech to come out and install it.

After 1.5 weeks, we called customer service and were given a tracking number. Mind you, every call is being placed on hold for 30+ minutes. We checked the tracking number, the part was sent to a different state. Additional calls, eventually Sears agrees to order a new part- and wait- 3-5 days. Refused to overnight the part, refused to provide a repair appt until the part is received. And when we receive the part, we need to call again.

I called the customer service line and sat on hold for 1.5 hours before the line was disconnected- I called back, and spoke with "Evonne" and requested a supervisor. 19 minutes later, I'm given Alex- the "top supervisor" who stated no one above him would speak to customers. I explained we overpaid for this repair over a month ago and would like some customer service/resolve- Alex repeats his taglines of "he has procedures to follow". He refused to call me, refused to give us an appointment, refused to overnight the part, and eventually hung up on me.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Sears Roebuck and Co. Repair Service. I have been a dedicated customers of Sears for appliances for 40 years. I have been waiting for 2 weeks to have my washer, which is under contract, to be fixed. My appointment was 2 weeks from the day I called. Now I have waited and no serviceman or telephone call. Would never buy another product from Sears.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I bought a dishwasher back in May, I did not install it right away (had a water leak that needed fix prior). When installed, it never worked. Had a technician come out and said it was the brain of the dishwasher. Waited for the new parts to come in. 2nd technician came out, noticed that they ordered the wrong part. Now still waiting on the part and another part that the technician thinks it is. Here we are in Aug, and never got to use the dishwasher once. It takes between 5 to 7 days to get the parts. Takes another week to get anyone out. Don't even try calling anyone to help higher up, they just hang up on you or never calls back. I will never buy anything ever again from Sears or Kenmore.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Sears service department - Dallas Texas - LG Refrigerator, my ice maker was leaking into the ice. My home repair service called SEARS! To start with let me tell you they have been to home 4 to 6 times. "This has been ongoing for over 3 months." First time order a part didn't fix it, second time order a part didn't fix because they order wrong part, third time installed another part, this didn't fix and had to order another part. Fourth time they installed another part. When they left my water dispenser no longer work, but ice maker working again but still leaking. Said they were going to order another part.

After about 3 weeks, I call and was told they couldn't get the part to repair the icemaker. But they are not coming back to hook the water dispenser back up, because they supposedly can't get the part for the ice maker. Now, I find out they have been charging my Home Repair Service for every time they have been out to fix the same problem. Now I have top off on my repair budget on my refrigerator. Sears unhook my water dispenser but are not coming back to hook it back up because they can't get the part to repair the ice machine. This has been ongoing for over 3 months dealing with the Sears Service Department. Now, I'm going to have to pay someone else to come fix my water dispenser that Sears unhooked. See something wrong with this picture. My advice is call someone besides Sears. I have been a Sears customer for over 50 years, but needless to say I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Please do not ever use Sears Home Services. We have a rental property and thought this warranty would be useful for home repairs and they have been a nightmare. The first hint was that it took forever to receive our contract. So now the nightmare begins - our dishwasher is leaking and we call to get it repaired. Someone comes out to fix it however it cannot be fixed so they said that I can send me a check for a credit. It’s now 6 weeks later and still no check. I’ve called maybe six times, so we didn’t receive the first check and asked for it to be reissued. Every time I call the customer service representative is extremely apologetic but tell me that the prior person didn’t issue a stop payment on my check and one will be reissued. It’s now 6 weeks later and nothing, I’ve continued to call but I continue to get the runaround. I was now told that it will be another 30 days until I receive my check.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My dishwasher worked at first, but this is a vacation home, so it wasn't used that much, maybe once or twice a week. Then three parts went on it in succession. The first repair took almost a year to complete because the repairman was so busy. The second did not fix the problem and the third is on its third month... at least, I've lost track of time.

Anyone wonder why Sears is having problems??? Appliances that are failing so that you'd need a new one quickly, repair men who don't know how to fix the problems because the product is so bad IMHO (great when it works!). When installing my Washer and Dryer, Sears put them the way that was easier for them, and did not put the doors of the W/D correctly, so that it makes it harder to wash and dry. I specifically asked when I purchased them. I think of Sears daily when doing my laundry, and how I will NEVER buy from them again. As I wash my dishes by hand for yet another month, I am also thinking of them!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I will like to complain about a dishwasher that I purchased below and it was installed at my home on May 25, 2018. The installer installed the dishwasher but not functioning in my kitchen. The drawer in my kitchen will not open because of the handle on the dishwasher. When I called the installer to come back to the house and remove the dishwasher, he stated it was my problem and not his problem. By the way, the installer was two hours late so I was a little frustrated because my daughter is ready to have a baby anytime and was not sure if I would be there for her because of the installer being late.

Feeling hurt and not being treated like a Sears customer, I called Sears the same evening the dishwasher was delivered and informed them on what happened. First they said they would come back out to look at dishwasher (which eventually the installer did come back out) and stated that this dishwasher would not work for my kitchen which I knew this before he came back out. In the meantime, Sears called me before installer came back out and asked me if I wanted to exchange and I said yes being a Kenmore customer. So, I ordered dishwasher model #14549. Well, it is now June 9, 2018, and still no dishwasher, no phone call. So, they wanted to charge me restocking fee and I said that is fine although the installer should have never installed (why did he pull out his measuring tape - I assume he did not measure correctly) and the price difference.

At that time, during the memorial day holiday weekend, the model #14549 was on sale for $549.99 but the customer service folks insisted that this dishwasher was $599.99. So, I again sucked it up and said that is fine just send me the dishwasher. So, I am paying $138 and some change for the exchange. So, this week I called because I had not heard from anyone and customer service tells me that the dishwasher exchange was not processed and they will have to resubmit the paperwork (Oh my goodness). And now the dishwasher is off sale and now at $699.99. Customer service wanted to charge me the $699.99 price and the restocking fee for the exchange and I said just return it. Then the person on the phone said, "But I can give you $100 off since you are a Shop Your Way customer." (Oh my goodness.) This gets good. So now I am paying $177 and some change for this exchange dishwasher.

So, I called this morning and they stated that my exchange has not been processed and it will take another 24 to 48 hours. I have given my credit card number to two different people on separate calls - one for the $138 charge and the $177 charge. I am totally upset and this dishwasher purchase has disrupted my family tremendously. Now, I am still waiting on the call and my exchange dishwasher. This story goes on and on and on but this is most of the details. Customer service people are not communicating with the other customer service people. Customer service people are not communicating with the delivery and installation department and vice versa. My next move is to call my credit card to dispute purchase and call the television company (consumers department) to investigate Sears practices and my experience.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Bought a dishwasher on 5-9-18. Installed next day. Doesn't work. Tech lets us know we need to order 3 parts. 2 of 3 parts come in 2 1/2 weeks. Third part comes on week 4. Told no one could come to install the new parts for another few weeks. It is now 6-8-18 & I have been trying to return the entire dishwasher/new parts because I do not want to wait anymore. I have been transferred over & over again with every department telling me I need to speak to the department that transferred me previously.

I still have a brand new dishwasher that doesn't work, customer service is useless & no one will help me. They keep trying to get me to keep the dishwasher & have them install the same model. I keep saying "No, I want a full refund & the dishwasher gone." But of course management can't help because according to the 6th person (not exaggerating) I talked to today, all the phones in management are down. I cannot believe how badly Sears is run now. It used to be a great store. Not anymore.

Original review: June 4, 2018

It has been almost a month since my initial complaint and my dishwasher has still not been repaired. The first technician came to the house, inspected it and ordered a part which took a week to arrive and then installed it and said he had repaired the dishwasher. This entire process took two weeks. The dishwasher never worked and had the exact same problem. The next technician took another week to arrive and has ordered parts which haven't arrived even after yet another week. We have been given a tentative dates for the parts to arrive as Sears says they cannot be sure. Calls go to a call center where they repeat the same procedure again and again without offering a solution. Very frustrating experience. Would advise people to never get into the Sears protection plan!

Original review: May 30, 2018

We purchased near top of line appliances after much review and study of different Mfg, make and model, in July of 2014. As an older couple, we were willing to pay more for the best, anticipating years of use. We purchased the Kenmore Elite refrigerator, Range & Dishwasher. Along with the purchase, we paid almost $ 1k for a 3 year warranty.

After 2 1/2 years and never a service call, the dishwasher (Model 665.12773k311) needed service. Obviously the heating element was bad, was one problem, it did not get hot inside, the dishes still had detergent on them, etc. First serviceman was rude, I overlooked him, I just wanted my dishwasher fixed. He found out what it needed, ordered the parts, they were delivered to our home and that was just the beginning of the bad service we would receive. The serviceman came back, and he would not do the repairs until we signed a waiver that they would not be responsible for any damage they may cause. My husband sent them out the door and the serviceman tried to take the parts with him.

Next service person comes in, my husband signs the waiver or they were not going to fix the dishwasher. First thing he did was jerk on the unit causing the counter top to chip as he slides the unit out from under the countertop. And, he does not fix the dishwasher. No one at Sears cared about this matter. I spoke with the Manager of the store who said he would get in touch with the Manager over repair and have him call us. He never did. A repairman came back AFTER we filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office/after they wrote a letter to Sear's Corporate Offices.

It is still not fixed and the unit is now leaking water onto the floor. The dishwasher may just be a bad dishwasher. But to pay $1k for a warranty that was not worth the paper it was written on; I will never purchase a big ticket item from Sears again, ever. I probably will never purchase another warranty on any item, from any company, because of my experience with Sears. Sears was a long standing reputable company, which is why I chose to buy my appliances there (and all three appliances were rated high by JD Powers).

I am now looking to replace my four year old Kenmore dishwasher. It will not be a Kenmore, for sure. It will not be a purchase from Sears. I am uploading my receipt so that Consumer Affairs can verify my Review is legit. Yesterday, while looking at dishwashers at Lowe's, a customer overheard our story on the Kenmore Elite Dishwasher we are having to replace. The customer was in process of purchasing appliances and said that she had been looking at the Kenmore Elite in a dishwasher. I realized that people do not know your experience if you don't tell them. I am very disappointed with Kenmore Elite products now and certainly with Sears and their Warranty/Service or lack thereof.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I bought a dishwasher. It's maybe a year-and-a-half old. The motor went out after I made an appointment with customer service to come fix it. They stood me up the first time. Finally came out and fixed it but now some other things have gone wrong with it. I make an appointment and then they keep changing the schedule then I get hung up on from customer service... I would highly recommend never using Sears for any kind of appliances whatsoever. What's the point of buying a warranty when they don't stick to it!!! A very rude customer service. They don't even speak English. Will never buy any kind of Sears appliances again. I will spread the word to anybody that I know to never go to Sears to buy anything!!!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have Sears Total Home Warranty, which costs $70/month and $100/repair. My dishwasher broke a month ago. Sears sent out a repairman who diagnosed the problem and ordered the necessary part. He said it would take 10 days to arrive. That is a ridiculously long time, but whatever. 10 days later the part arrives, he shows up. Oops! Wrong part. That's going to be ANOTHER 10 days. "We're so sorry..." I call for some resolution. At $70/month and $100/repair, I feel I deserve better service than this. "Sorry, no can do. OUR error, is YOUR problem. But good news! Your part will arrive the 6th of April." The 6th comes and goes, and no part. I call. "Oops! We see it's scheduled to be there on the 7th!" The 7th comes and goes...no part. Oops! Now it's going to be the 10th...for sure. I'll be calling my lawyer on Monday for help getting this resolved. This company is unbelievably bad to deal with.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I purchased a high end dishwasher online from Sears including installation. The total amount charged on my account was $968.98. On my order it was to be delivered 3/15. What that didn't say was the delivery was to a warehouse and the installer was so busy it would take 2 more weeks for him to install it in my house. I called to cancel and was told it would be refunded in 5 to 10 business days. I waited the 10 days and I have been calling and now they are saying it was processed and should take another 3-5 days. I have been told they are working with my bank etc. But nothing! They took the money immediately, why does it take 3 weeks and multiple phone calls and no refund.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

In Nov we contacted Sears Home Services that our dishwasher was not working. No one could come look at it until Dec 9. At that time the serviceman said it was possibly electronic board so one was ordered. It was implied that we had an appt on Dec 16 to install. They did not come. Next available appt was Jan 3. The service man came back and installed the electronic board. When he finished I commented that the dishwasher door and sides did not seem to be wet. He showed me how it filled and assured me it was fine. The dishwasher was not fixed.

Next appt available for them to come look at dishwasher was Jan 25. They finally came out and found that maybe it was another part. Part was ordered. Next available appointment: Feb 19. Today they came out and found that part also did not work, and the service man was recommending the dishwasher be replaced... I do not know yet how much money, but I am sure it will not be enough to cover a dishwasher, nor cover the last 4 months without a dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Well after a year the Sears dishwasher started leaking. They fixed it and now it has been running for 17 years. The only problem is the rack's coating is coming off and costs too much to replace.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Purchased a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher on June 20, 2017. Broken on December 3, 2017. Called for Sears repair. No appointment available until Jan. 4, 2018, one month later. On that day it snowed. Sears called me and left a voice message that they are canceling the appointment and I need to reschedule. Next earliest appointment is Feb.5! THEY canceled and I had to go to the back of the line for a new appointment. I called customer service or used chat more than 10 times to get an earlier appointment. No help. Called complaints. No help.

I called every service number they had and nothing. They often said, "We will call the District Manager and we will contact you in 48 hours." LIES. Nothing. I called the Brooklyn store and spoke to a manager. She said, "Nothing we can do because you purchased it online." I said, "But I came into the store and YOU used the online service." She said, "Nothing we can do." Still waiting for repair. I asked, "What if the technician can't fix it right away because a part is needed?" Another month to wait. What if I want to return it? They answer, "You can't because it's more than one month since purchase." But I have a one year warranty! Too bad, they say. You can't return it UNLESS 8 repair attempts are made and can't be fixed. EIGHT? Yes, I promise I didn't make this up. If you buy from Sears, you are taking a huge risk. Good luck.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I had Sears repair my dishwasher sometime last year. It was a fuse that went out. Recently my dishwasher stopped working so I called Sears. Found out it was the same fuse that was replaced the first time. The technician explained the wiring was not done the first time and that's why it failed. This time the wiring was replaced. I am very disappointed with Sears as I had to pay twice for something that was not my fault. I called customer service only to be told they only guarantee workmanship for 90 days. They were not interested in making it right.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I ordered online a dishwasher from Sears on October 26, 2017, and paid for a warranty also. As of today, December 26, I have not received the dishwasher or been able to have my Sears MasterCard credited back for the charges. Each time I call I get a customer service rep in the Philippines that assures me they will have it taken care of in three business days. The only response I get in three days is an email stating that they are not able to credit my account and the whole process starts over again. This has happened at least four times with no resolution. Is there any way to contact a Sears rep. that will truly help with this matter?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We bought a Kenmore Elite dishwasher 4 years ago for $1000.00. It has leaked since it was almost new. It has also never ever cleaned well. It leaves a scum on the dishes. I have done everything the techs have told me to do including the soaps and spot remover as directed. It always leave filth and scum on the dishes. We have to rinse them by hand to get the scum off the dishes. It has ruined almost all our dishes and silverware.

We bought the extended warranted. I have had them repair the leak now 6 times and is never stopped leaking and it has never cleaned better. They replaced no parts that seemed to make a difference. One tech even tried tweaking the dishwasher door. They have erased several of the appointments from the history. It leaks randomly. It has ruined the floors and baseboards. I have a claim number for the floor to be repaired but there is no purpose as it still leaks. The front kick balance has not been on in years because it molds the insulation when it leaks.

Now it take three weeks to get the techs out to do a repair. They are useless. The Sears new lemon requirements requires four visits in one year with replacement parts installed each time. This means 8 visits arranged and 8 times off work then the hassle with the useless people on the phone. They are making it so hard to get service that it just is not worth it. The company is totally out of integrity and have become slime. I hope they go completely out of business. I am left with a ruined floor and a ** dishwasher.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I bought a new Kenmore dishwasher almost 3 years ago and have had problems with it since I bought it. It broke down on me more than a dozen times and I have a Sears Master Protection Agreement. They suck and anytime I set up a appointment to have it fixed they take over a month to get here and then they have to order parts and have them sent here so then it’s more waiting time for it to be fixed. Out of the almost 3 years I’ve been stuck with this crappy dishwasher and crappy customer support this damn dishwasher was been broke down a year probably and this go around. I’ve been waiting 3 months without a working dishwasher.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

September 29th is when my dishwasher broke. Finally on November 11th they said it couldn't be repaired and it needed to do research for replacement. December 13th and it's still in research. I've spent over 8 hours on the phone. No callbacks. No answers. Don't take Sears Home Appliance Warranty.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Over 3 months ago, we called for service on our dishwasher, the door kept opening and stopping the cycle. I told them the latch was worn and perhaps they should bring one with them. We were told it would be 3 weeks before a service person would be here, I figured they would bring a new latch with them. The man arrived, looked at his service order, says he needs to order parts and leaves, doesn't even look at the dishwasher. The parts are to be delivered to the house, and we are to call them, to schedule installation, when they arrive.

The parts arrived but no latch assembly, we call, another 3 weeks for a serviceman to arrive. A different man arrives, installs new springs on the door and somehow gets the door out of alignment, now it is hard to close, he leaves without responding to our questions about the door not closing without difficulty. Ten minutes into the cycle the door pops open. Another 3 weeks to get someone out. The first one reappears, "adjusts" the door, I ask him to stay for a test run, says he does not have the time. I start the machine, 5 minutes into the cycle the door pops open. Again we call for service, another 3 weeks!!! I told them that maybe they should send the third stooge next time. Still not repaired.

Sears expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Originally Roebuck & Company, Sears started in 1886 as a chain of department stores. For more than 100 years, Sears has retained a position as one of the five top-selling department stores in America.

• Deep discounts and luxury models: Sears offers a full range of brands, ranging from some of the least expensive to the highest in luxury products.

• Installation available: Sears offers same-day installation on many models.

• Inexpensive haul-away service: When replacing an existing dishwasher, avoid any bulk trash fees by having Sears take away the old one when it delivers the new one.

• Five-year service plan: Get parts and labor covered for in-home repairs through Sears.

• Free in-box delivery: If you plan to install the dishwasher yourself, you can get free in-box delivery during special offers.

• Best for: Homeowners, apartment renters, families and businesses