Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sears Appliance - Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Needed a new dishwasher and have always gotten appliances from Sears. Purchased a dishwasher at a Sears store. The dishwasher was not available to see in person, but read the reviews and felt good about our choice. The installer Vito was great, but we were unhappy with the look. Apparently this dishwasher is ADA certified so it sits higher off the floor (which was not in the description on the machine on the website). We do not need it to be higher and were unhappy with the look, as well as some of the functions of the dishwasher itself. I now am sitting here on hold with my FIFTH phone call to Sears to have this returned. After 2 calls last week someone was supposed to come last Saturday, no call, no show.

Spent over an hour the other day on hold/being transferred 6 times and eventually had to hang up with no one helping me. Yesterday I spoke to a "manager" who said I was on the schedule for pickup today. No one has called or shown up. Have now tracked down the phone number of the business that would be coming to collect the dishwasher. They stated that I was never on the schedule during the past week. They cannot schedule it, so now I sit again on hold waiting for Customer Service to schedule a pickup. I am in tears, beyond frustrated! DO NOT order from Sears!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

False Advertisement!!!! I purchased a Kenmore dishwasher in 2017 (Model # 14573) and found out that the dishwasher delivered was a different model (# 14753). I would not have discovered this if I did not request a repair service for the dishwasher. On 7/18/2019, I spent over five hours being transferred to useless departments over useless departments; all of which failed to correct this matter. I have filed a formal complaint with the consumer relation department. MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK YOUR ORDER AND THE ACTUAL ITEM DELIVERED!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased a service contract with Sears to cover our appliances. One of the appliances, a Fisher Paykel dishwasher, which was identified in the contract before we paid for it, needed service as it was not working. A tech was sent to repair it. However, he had no idea how to service this appliance and had to phone someone from their tech department to walk him through steps to figure out what was wrong. The tech on the phone diagnosed the problem to be a faulty board. The part was ordered and a subsequent date for installing the board was made. Hours were between 10 and 2. The Tech didn't show up until 5:00 p.m. which was too late. Another appointment was made for the following week between the hours of 10 and 2 and again no call, no show.

I finally got in touch with their service department which, by the way, is located in the Philippines. They couldn't get an answer as to why the tech was so late. I finally got a telephone number to call him and again, he was running very late. Absolutely horrific experience. I called again for another appointment and the agent Moses said they don't repair those brands of dishwasher and instructed us to contact their contract department to get a refund on our contract. I am so appalled by their lack of service that it's incomprehensible.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Worst service experience ever. This was a simple repair - replace the broken track on the upper tray of the dishwasher. First appointment - Tech did not have the right part, so ordered it. Week later, second tech came and the part was the wrong one. Told the tech to hook the dishwasher back up so we could use with bottom rack only. He forgot to connect the discharge hose under the sink and ended up flooding the kitchen. Never came back. Had to hook it up myself. Third appt - texted at noon he was on way - waited until 1:45 and had to leave to pick up kid from school. Claims he showed up at 2 and left (we got home by 2:15). I waited almost 2 hrs for him; he couldn't wait 15 minutes even after he flooded my kitchen. TWO WEEKS and the repair still not made.

Original review: March 21, 2019

We ordered a dishwasher from Sears on 3/10/2019. I ordered online and was given a date of 3/20/2019 for the dishwasher to arrive, I then received an email stating there would be a delay until 3/21/2019. On that date I called my local Sears and was advised that my item did not arrive. I then called Sears and was transferred to several people and several departments and was finally told that I would not receive my dishwasher until 4/2/2019. I advised them that I wanted to just cancel the order, however I was told that the order would not be canceled until further research could be done.

This has been a truly horrible experience, I don't know why you cannot get straight answers, I used the why not lease it program and they advised that they could not cancel the order until they received a Return Sales Checkout number. I called back and again was transferred to different people all not having knowledge of what the number was. I finally spoke with someone and they advised that the request was submitted to their research team and would receive a response within 48 hours. I advised that I needed the number for my refund and requested to speak with someone at that department and was told that they do not answer calls. I would not recommend for anyone to do business with this company. Please save your time and a royal headache and purchase your item somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We all know that Sears has filed/filing for bankruptcy but does that mean they stop committing or providing good customer service? ** We have ordered a dishwasher on October 6th from Sears which was before the news of bankruptcy was out, and until today that is on October 26th we haven’t received our order. The response from Sear is so bad and there is no proper communication or notifications sent to us.

The very first time we were supposed to get our delivery on October 8th. No one showed and up upon calling the support (who by the way are equally useless and irresponsible) they rescheduled the delivery date to 15th. And again on 15th no one showed up and neither we got any call or update from Sears. Then we called the customer support and they mentioned that the washer was not sent from manufacturer and that it will be there on 25th October. Yesterday on 25th October still the same nonsense and now they are telling that it’s going to be delivered on November 4th. What an irresponsible behavior from SEARS. DISGUSTING.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I ordered a new dishwasher on line, it took three days for a call to schedule an appointment which was scheduled for over a week away. One business day before the scheduled delivery, I got 2 separate automated calls telling me to call a number that turned out to not be the right number. Once I called the number I was given, I was on hold for >7 minutes where I was subjected to the same message about Facebook on repeat over and over. When they finally answered, the person couldn't pronounce "Michelle." Then I was told my order was delayed by 10 days. I said, "Fine, I want to cancel my order" and I was told I needed to call another number. To which I replied, "Can't you help me?" I waited on hold another 5 minutes, before the order was canceled. Now, two full weeks later, I still don't have a dishwasher. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

This relates to my attempt to get my leaking Samsung dishwasher fixed. First, the technician arrived late, with the entire afternoon spent on calling back and forth to hear contradictory time estimates. The main issue however was the so-called "diagnostic" itself. All he did was turn the dishwasher on and wait until it stops with an error code. And "from the sounds of it" concluded that the wash motor needed to be replaced and quoted almost 600$ for the repair. The reason why I called for repair service was the LEAK, not the motor. The error code on display shows LE (or oE at 2 occasions, which stands for "overflow") and water leaks from underneath the machine. I am very doubtful about this "diagnosis". He never took the machine out to examine the leak issue.

I called a few local repair companies after his visit, they all said that he was clearly supposed to examine the machine more thoroughly before concluding on the most costly repair need, which may in fact be irrelevant to the problem as such. I never received his "detailed quote" for the proposed repair or a proper description of the "diagnosis". I called the customer service the next day after I received the email with the "summary" of the visit which had ZERO information in his regard. However, they told me that they could not provide me with any details since only the technician had them...

In addition, the price he wanted to charge me for the visit was different (higher) from the amount indicated in the email confirming the service call and he had to call for another 20 minutes at least to straighten the issue and process my payment. After all, I am left with a 95$ charge and no details regarding the "diagnosis" or any detailed repair quote. Considering the questionable method of his "diagnosis", I will have to call someone else to make sure that this is indeed the type of repair that my dishwasher requires. This means paying another service call fee and losing another day waiting for them to come. I have since complained in writing to the customer service, which replies that they submitted my complaint to their "tech team" and that I would get a reply within 7 to 10 days. This was 17 days, and counting, despite multiple reminders. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

So I tried to purchase a Samsung washer/dryer bundle deal for 1299$. I ended up with the first order being wrong and had the wrong email that Sears put on it. When I called to change the email I wasn't allowed to so they cancelled my order and did a new order but didn't duplicate the original and didn't give me the discounts I originally was given for warranty in the first order.

After 7 attempts to speak to a supervisor, which I feel is worse than calling the president, they kept me on hold each time for 30-45 minutes and they proceeded to hang up each time. I finally got a hold of someone after being transferred to different departments and ended up crying from stress and cancelled my order completely. This is by far THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! And people please learn proper English. It is so hard to understand these people who answer the phone especially when they don't know what they are talking about!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I called Sears in June because my dishwasher started leaking. After two and 1/2 months of waiting around for 4 hour time frames every appointment the technicians were unable to fix the problem. It was approved for a comparable machine replacement, except they didn't want to give me the money needed to replace it. They said they would approve half of what the new machine costs. They sent me to the store to have them help me pick out a comparable machine but would not increase the money. This was a waste of my day. The plan I paid for says:

"The Master Protection Agreements. A Sears Master Protection Agreement provides you with the Guaranteed BEST Coverage in the industry. If it breaks, we'll fix it. You're covered for manufacturer's defects, normal wear & tear and cosmetic defects and you'll receive unlimited service and no deductibles or fees. Other plans cap service. Not Sears. If we can't fix it, we'll deliver and install a new, comparable product. Guaranteed. Other plans give you a gift card for the depreciated value of your product. Not Sears. We give you a real replacement." But the price they approved didn't cover the machine that is comparable to what I have, they are not upholding there agreement I paid for.

Sears Appliance - Dishwashers Company Information