Safe Step vs. Ella’s Bubbles
Find Walk-In Bathtubs near you
What is the difference between Safe Step and Ella’s Bubbles?
If you’re considering purchasing a walk-in tub, you might be weighing your options between Safe Step and Ella’s Bubbles — they’re both reputable walk-in tub companies. The two brands offer similar features in their walk-in tubs; for example, both have customizable options for jets, hydrotherapy and chromotherapy.
There are some differences between the two companies. Safe Step manufactures and customizes tubs based on individual customer needs. Ella’s Bubbles offers a large variety of walk-in tub options, but Safe Step offers financing while Ella’s Bubbles doesn’t.
- Safe Step is best for customers who don’t need a large selection to choose from and want a custom tub. Safe Step manufactures its own tubs based on individual needs.
- Ella’s Bubbles is best for customers who want a large variety of options to choose from and either don't need financing or plan to finance through a separate lender.
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.4||4.1|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
|Basic tub starting price||Only available with quote||$4,000|
|In-home quotes required||—|
|Warranty - Labor||Lifetime||Varies by installer|
|Warranty - Parts||Lifetime||Five years|
|Warranty - Tub||Lifetime||Limited lifetime|
|Only available with quote||Included||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|$4,000||Not included||—||Varies by installer||Five years||Limited lifetime|
Available walk-in tub types
|Step-in height||4 inches||6 inches|
|Grab bars included|
|Number of hydro jets||Not disclosed||11 to 20|
|Number of air jets||Not disclosed||13 to 20|
|Heated seats option|
|Heated backrest option|
|Remote control option||—|
|4 inches||Not disclosed||Not disclosed|
|6 inches||11 to 20||13 to 20||—|
Services included with installation
|Bathroom door resizing||—|
|Old tub removal||—|
|Wall repair and repaint||—|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
Safe Step manufactures highly customizable walk-in tubs in Tennessee. It makes and installs its own walk-in tubs by partnering with installation and safety specialists across the country. Safe Step has walk-in tubs, showers and hybrid models so you can get a tub/shower combination. It provides a lifetime warranty on all tubs, and customers work directly with Safe Step rather than a dealer.
Safe Step prides itself on offering a lowest-price guarantee. You can get a free quote, and the company can send a specialist to your home for a no-obligation, free estimate and analysis. Safe Step differs from some other companies in that part of its installation includes tearing out the old bathtub and hauling it away.
All Safe Step walk-in tubs have a stepover threshold of 4 inches. There’s also a door-free, wheelchair-accessible option. Some additional features include 16 air jets, a quick-fill faucet, hydrotherapy jets, heated seats, heated backrest and chromotherapy. The tubs are custom built, and financing is available.
What Safe Step customers say
Safe Step walk-in tub customers give the company good reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com. Reviewers are pleased with the start-to-finish process and interactions with installers and sales representatives, saying representatives are helpful and professional.
Ella’s Bubbles is a Chicago-based company that offers walk-in tubs, showers and an option for a tub/shower combination. It offers 20 models of walk-in tubs in five categories.
- Inward Swing Door: Ella’s Bubbles has five sizes available in inward-swinging-door tubs. These are made with high-quality, glossy acrylic shells and custom-made brushed stainless steel.
- Outward Swing Door: There are five outward-swinging door options, which are best for bathers who need maximum accessibility.
- Two Seat: The two-seat walk in tubs come in three sizes, all of which have two seats molded together and a center door for easy access. They also come with a dual drain to reduce your wait time when getting out of the tub.
- Wheelchair Accessible: These accessible walk-in tubs are made with a frameless L-shaped aluminum door that helps users with getting in and out of the tub.
- Lay Down: These tubs are meant for bathers who want to lie down while they bathe. They're customizable with a variety of options, including hydrojets, air jets and microbubble therapy
Some additional features available in Ella’s Bubbles walk-in tubs include a chromotherapy system, a four-fold screen, a shower column kit, foot massagers, dual drains, a swivel shelf, hydro jets, air jets and push or digital controls. Ella’s Bubbles does not offer financing.
What Ella’s Bubbles customers say
Most Ella's Bubbles customers are happy with the customer service, tub features and easy DIY installation. A few customers had delivery or installation issues, drain problems or difficulty exiting the tub with its inward-swinging-door models.
Bottom line: Safe Step or Ella’s Bubbles?
Safe Step and Ella’s Bubbles both offer good options for walk-in tubs. Whether you're looking for particular safety features or for better comfort or pain management options, both companies should have tubs for you to choose from. Both offer various options in terms of jets, with hydrotherapy and chromotherapy features available. One key difference, though, is that Safe Step offers financing — Ella's Bubbles doesn't, which could be a dealbreaker for some.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.