Safe Step vs. Bathing Solutions
What is the difference between Safe Step and Bathing Solutions?
Both Safe Step and Bathing Solutions customers praise the companies for their comfortable products and quality service. Safe Step’s main mission is to provide products that promote safety in the homes of older adults who are aging in place. Bathing Solutions focuses on providing individuals with disabilities and limited mobility a simple, well-made bath product so personal hygiene is accessible and fitted to their needs.
- Safe Step is best for seniors looking for a product that upholds ADA standards. Walk-in tubs from Safe Step are outfitted with grab bars, anti-scalding temperature systems and built-in timers for added safety.
- Bathing Solutions is best for individuals looking for a more affordable walk-in tub option. Customers can expect to spend less with Bathing Solutions than they would with some competitors, according to reviews.
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.2||1.5|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
Cost and installation
|Basic tub starting price||Only available with quote||Only available with quote|
|In-home quotes required||—|
|Warranty - Labor||Lifetime||Varies by installer|
|Warranty - Parts||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|Warranty - Tub||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|Only available with quote||Included||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|Only available with quote||Not included||—||—||—||Varies by installer||Lifetime||Lifetime|
Available walk-in tub types
|Step-in height||4 inches||Not disclosed|
|Grab bars included|
|Number of hydro jets||Not disclosed||8|
|Number of air jets||Not disclosed||Not disclosed|
|Heated seats option||—|
|Heated backrest option||—|
|Remote control option||—|
|4 inches||Not disclosed||Not disclosed|
|Not disclosed||—||—||8||Not disclosed||—||—||—|
Services included with installation
|Bathroom door resizing|
|Old tub removal|
|Wall repair and repaint|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
Safe Step’s mission is to create safe products for seniors and people with mobility limitations. Its walk-in tubs feature anti-slip construction and acrylic and gelcoat materials. The products are made in Tennessee, and the Safe Step Cares program donates walk-in tubs to families and individuals in need.
With Safe Step, you can choose from a walk-in tub, a walk-in shower or a hybrid tub-shower. Customizations include aromatherapy, chromotherapy and dual hydrotherapy systems.
There are discounts and financing options available, such as the Helping Hands Rebate, which provides a discount of up to $1,500 for individuals suffering from sciatica, nerve problems, arthritis or diabetes. Senior and veteran discounts are also available.
- Walk-in tubs: Safe Step’s walk-in tubs are designed with an aluminum frame and have a gel coating that’s resistant to mold and bacteria. The 17-inch seat is compliant with ADA standards, and the tubs come with built-in towel bars, anti-scalding temperature systems and a built-in turn-off system for the heated seats and backrest.
- Walk-in showers: You can upgrade your current space to a walk-in shower with customizations like sliding glass doors and towel bars for added comfort. Every walk-in shower comes with a shower wand, safety seat, grab bars and anti-slip flooring.
- The Hybrid Tub: The Hybrid Tub has both a rainfall showerhead and hand-held shower in addition to standard walk-in tub features. The inward-swinging door can be placed on the left or the right, depending on the configuration of the customer’s space. Among the therapy options is a microbubble system, which moisturizes the bather’s skin, as well as aromatherapy, chromotherapy and foot massage jets.
What Safe Step customers say
Safe Step walk-in tub customers seem very pleased with the company, according to reviews on ConsumerAffairs. Customers praise the professionalism and friendliness of the Safe Step team as well as the quality of the walk-in tubs. Some customers mention the tub was smaller than expected or difficult to get out of, however.
Walk-in tubs from Bathing Solutions are constructed with a stainless steel frame. They can fit into an existing space without extensive installation, and most are made with a 17-inch seat, heated jets and temperature control. Customized packages are also available.
Bathing Solutions offers several walk-in tub models, including:
- Model 28: Model 28 (28 inches wide) is designed to fit easily through bathroom doors. This standard model can hold up to 60 gallons of water and includes anti-slip flooring, easy on-off controls for whirlpool and air systems, a bidet and a hand-held shower. Extras, such as hydrotherapy and whirlpool water jets, ozone water cleaner, aromatherapy and chromotherapy, are available.
- Model 3252 WT: Model 3252 WT is a wheelchair-accessible tub that includes a hand-held shower, an outward-opening door and nonslip coating. It also comes with a number of package add-ons, including options for heated hydrotherapy, whirlpool water jet hydrotherapy, combination heated air jets and a whirlpool with an inline heater. The outward-swinging door can also be customized for right or left placement.
- Model 28FL: The “fully-loaded” Model 28 provides a whirlpool, added jets for foot, back and leg massages and a hand-held showerhead. The fiberglass is made with a marine-grade and nonslip gelcoat. Customization options include LED faucet lights with the included chromotherapy system, a neck rest and length extension.
What Bathing Solutions customers say
Although there are a few positive reviews for Bathing Solutions, most customers who have left reviews on ConsumerAffairs cite poor experiences with the product, customer service and installers. Many reviews mention equipment being installed incorrectly, not working as advertised or failing to work soon after the installer left. However, a few happy customers had no issues with the components or service.
Bottom line: Safe Step or Bathing Solutions?
Safe Step tubs are designed with safety as the primary goal, and Bathing Solutions focuses on constructing durable home improvement products. Both companies offer a variety of customizable solutions; with Safe Step, you can get a walk-in shower, tub or hybrid, and Bathing Solutions has a wheelchair-accessible model for those with mobility issues.
Overall, Safe Step has higher ratings and more positive reviews on our site, but for those who are based in the UK, it could be worth looking into Bathing Solutions.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.