It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.09/5
Based on 137 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1959, Royal Prestige averages over 250,000 new customers each year and has become synonymous with helping families retain the maximum nutrition and flavor in the meals they prepare. Our wide variety of products and exceptional customer service brings quality and reliability into kitchens worldwide.

Royal Prestige makes it possible to shop for your perfect kitchen necessities in the comfort of your own home, each Royal Prestige sales representative is knowledgeable and equipped to answer any question our customers may have.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1201 Royal Prestige Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I have had my Royal Prestige pans for about 43 years. Last year I had used my last good valve and needed new ones. My model of pans are no longer being made and I couldn't get the valves I needed. After talking to the company they told me to box up my old ones and they would send me a whole new set. I very reluctantly did so. When I returned from vacation my new set of pans were here and I love them just as much as the original ones.

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I talked to your representative at the Iowa State Fair about my set of pots and pans that are 20 years old and their broken whistles. I had ordered more but didn’t think they fit and gave up, but he was very helpful and assisted in showing me the correct way to install the whistles and now I am back to cooking with my cookware.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I've owned my cookware for more than 20 years! I went to the Royal Prestige booth at the Iowa State Fair to exchange two broken vent valves and they were replaced for FREE. We love Royal Prestige and would recommend to anyone!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have had my pans for over 30 years. Still use them and love them. Had a handle that needed to replaced and a steamer part. And with no questions asked they easily handed me the handle that fit my pan correctly. Can't get much better than that! THANK YOU!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We first bought Royal Prestige about 10 years ago, and have loved the pots and pans, as well as the plates, bowls, and flatware. The cookware does a great job properly cooking food, and because it doesn't have a no-stick coating, it won't need to be replaced when that starts to wear off. The 50 year warranty on all their items is fantastic as well, because they believe in the product. We've had some glasses break in the dishwasher, and they didn't hesitate to replace them for us.

So far, we have only had a single issue that remains unresolved. About 5 years ago, many of our pots and pans were recalled for a safety hazard; apparently, there was a defect that would, rarely, cause the pots and pans to collapse when heated because the air trapped between the walls was not secure. The solution for this turned out to be that they drilled a hole in the sides of these and sealed it with a heat-resistant rubber seal, which looks a little cheap on such nice, expensive cookware. I wish they had found a more professional looking fix for this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Prestige Cookware?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Royal Prestige got and gave a good presentation. We've had their cookware and the knife for about four months now and somebody was supposed to come and show us how to use them but they apparently got fired. Then we were supposed to have a follow up, but we never got the follow up. The overall quality of the cookware is okay but I'm irritated by the amount of money we spent and so far, technically, not being able to know how to use it. We tried to use it, but we burned everything. So, it's a learned experience.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Royal Prestige sent someone out and cooked a meal for us. The boys loved it and ate everything. So it's better to have the Royal Prestige cookware than them not eating everything we make. My wife loves the slow cooker, and the electric skillet makes things so much easier. I just set the time and I’m done. Also, I’ve already told a couple of my friends about Royal Prestige.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We sampled the food and it was very tasty. My husband liked what the gentleman was saying about the cookware and before I knew it, we were getting it. My husband was very impressed with Royal Prestige. It was not inexpensive but we’re very happy with it. It’s probably the last cookware we’ll ever have to buy. One of the little vents came loose but my husband was able to get it back on before it fell off. Other than that, the quality is good so far.

We've had it for about six months now and we've been using three or four pieces almost on a daily basis. I like the way it cooks. I can cook just fresh veggies in it, mix them up and in 20 minutes, we’re good to go and eat. It’s very simple for me. My husband is really cooking a lot too. He likes to make chicken in the electric one and it’s very good. It’s very tasty. He also cooks our dogs fresh turkey everyday in the skillet. We’ve been cooking and eating at home a lot more than we ever did. I like it. It’s easy. I don’t have to wash my hair to go out.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My children and I were very impressed with the capabilities of the Royal Prestige cookware at the presentation. But there was a bit of disappointment. We were told that Royal Prestige was an American company and that the cookware was made in America. But when we got the materials, many of them were not even made in America. But I've had the cookware for two months now and so far, we've been very impressed with the quality. I really like that when the meats and the vegetables were cooked, they retained their flavor without being overly seasoned or heavy with the oil or fat.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I noticed Royal Prestige at a home show and I liked their cookware. I liked how it cooked and the ease of using it. I’ve owned the cookware for about six months now and I like the evenness of how it cooks food like eggs and pancakes. Recently, a group of friends were here visiting and we talked about how nice the cookware is. In fact, I've shown Royal Prestige to quite a few people and told them how nice they were to use.

Original review: July 29, 2018

We went to a home and garden show and I liked the demonstration done by Royal Prestige. The guy was very good and convincing. I've had the cookware since May and I like how I could cook my vegetables without any water in it and still cooks. The waterless system really stands out and the quality of the items is very good.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I heard about Royal Prestige at the home and garden show in Tulsa and I decided to purchase from them because it was convenient at the time. I also like the waterless cookware. You don't have to use oil with it and it gives a whole lot fresher experience. Aside from the cookware, I got the salad shooter, the slow cooker, and a knife from Royal Prestige. The items are good quality but right now, I'm having an issue with the food sticking to the pan. I've read through my little manual and I'm using the water like they did in the cooking show, but I think there's a little bit more to it.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I went to a home show and learned about Royal Prestige. Their product looked good and I wanted the grinder thing. So, I decided to purchase from them and ended up getting the whole set. The cookware is fine and the presentation about cooking all the vegetables was great. But I should have asked how it was any better than using the microwave because it takes a long time to do it. It takes about 14 minutes or so on the Royal Prestige, whereas in a microwave, you just pop something in and it's done.

Other than that, the cookware seems like they're good quality. But the legs on one of the items fell off and another one had an issue so we had to send two things back and get them replaced. Also, some things don't seem to work too well. I can't keep the lid on or the top on the spinner. Then, I like the electric skillet and sometimes I use that but it's a little different cooking eggs in it. I should have gotten one of the non-skid, non-slip kind of things because it doesn't do eggs or omelets very well. So, I have it on my agenda to call the guy who sold the cookware to us and get some more tips. He's very experienced in using it and when he did a couple things for me, he made it look like it was a great thing. But I realized that he was making up for the fault of the thing and was kinda revising. All in all, I'm not completely dissatisfied with my experience with Royal Prestige, but I wouldn't do it again.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I started with Royal Prestige around 20 years ago when we had a summer fair and they had a booth. As we wanted to increase and get more pieces, I would call them and would get a few more pieces. My first set of cookware changed and I had an issue with some of the lids and handles. But since they had changed it, I got all new lids and handles. Because they were so old, they got to the point where if I had a problem with the handles and stuff, they couldn't fix it. I also had a few that I needed to replace because of dings, but because they completely changed, I shipped all of my cookware back and they sent me all brand new items. It was really awesome. It cost a lot, but now I've got all the up-to-date stuff that I love.

Every time I use the cookware and clean them, they look brand new. They are pretty. I don't use it the way I should use it but I like how they look. They're very durable and I like the warranty on them. Royal Prestige's quality is getting better. It was wonderful back then and it's getting more durable. The looks changed, although it hasn't changed a lot, and they got colored ones now. I still have the traditional stainless steel, but they still look brand new. This cookware is a great investment that I can pass down to my children. It passed the cost of the price because it's a great thing. I also love that my original guy is still here and he's still helpful. I recently needed to get a few more pieces and he's still the one that orders my new stuff.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I bought the waterless cookware from Royal Prestige. I liked the way it looked. I've had it for four months now and it has been easy to cook more on it. Moreover, they’re nice, heavy-duty pots and pans. My favorite piece is the electric skillet, you just put it on and forget it. Also, Royal Prestige tells you how to cook the rice but I still have to watch the little disc because about the time I decide to cook rice, I've forgotten how to do it.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We've had our Royal Prestige pan set for 0 years or so and had no complaints until now. We recently switched to induction burners, and when we put our pans on them it turns off after a while as if it isn't compatible. I see on the website it IS compatible with induction. Perhaps ours are just too old of a model?

Original review: July 21, 2018

I filled out a survey for something at the mall in Manhattan, Kansas then I got a phone call and got invited to have a sit down to a demonstration and free dinner. My wife and I have kids and we looked at it as a nice night to go out on a date. So, we went to that demonstration and I wound up buying about $4,000 worth of cookware from Royal Prestige. I just paid it off this year. I moved three times since then and they've been understanding and helpful. I kinda fell behind on certain things because I was paying two mortgages and they stuck with me and allowed me to pay it off over time.

I like the durability of the cookware and the quality is great. I got a pretty large package. I got all the bake ware fits, the cookie sheet, the salad machine, and an oil less skillet. Sometimes they can be a pain to clean but that comes with almost any stainless steel items. The dealers out of Topeka, Kansas that I worked with were absolutely amazing. You don't get too many people, especially in today's time, that have the level of customer support and understanding that they have. I've been dealing with them since 2012 and they've been top notch. I followed up and emailed them for a statement. And if I ever called and they didn't answer, I left a message and they called me back.

Original review: July 20, 2018

There was a home trade show here in Kansas City and we were interested in pots and pans from Royal Prestige's spiel. We've had our cookware from them for about four months now and so far, my favorite is the electric skillet as it does its job very well and heats evenly. Unlike typical electric skillets, it doesn't have hot spots. It also looks nice and is easy to clean. Plus, the steam feature is pretty nice. We also have a little Santoku knife that Royal Prestige gave us as a free gift and I'm really impressed with how well it holds its edge. Royal Prestige delivered what they said. Their prices are a little bit higher than a lot of people would consider, but the overall quality of their items is excellent.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The Royal Prestige cookware seemed to cook the food healthier. But when I checked it online, it turned out that they were way too expensive and their rating was not good. So, we returned the cookware right away. I called my credit card and told them that we were disputing the charges. Then I called up the Royal Prestige place and they told me how to return it and so I did.

Original review: July 18, 2018

We like good quality merchandise and we like to eat what we should be eating instead of a bunch of junk and any way to cook food better than the way we've been doing it. Someone came to do a presentation on Royal Prestige and we thought that the cookware would be a good way for us to stay healthier. I know from my experience with Saladmaster a long time ago, that aluminum can cause cancer so I always wanted to get away from aluminum cookware and my husband decided to buy Royal Prestige cookware for me.

We've had our Royal Prestige Cookware for six months and I like the little thing on top that makes a little noise because it lets me know when to turn it down and set it back off the burner while it finishes cooking. Using Royal Prestige is a little bit different from the way I grew up cooking so I still have to go to a class. Someone called me for the first class, but I didn't make the class because we were going out of town that time.

I was a little disappointed about how the plastic lid don't fit well on that big bowl. I've been waiting a month for a replacement on it. The whole bowl was fine though. Someone sent me a receipt text saying that he had gotten the message that I needed a new one. But I had gotten a new can lid that we had ordered because the steam escape didn't operate well.

Original review: July 16, 2018

55 years ago, I bought stuff from Royal Prestige. My brother sold them, and we have thoroughly enjoyed them. We could stack them and cook two vegetables or rice or different things at one time, and then cover, which they sealed. When they had an advertisement that came into the building in the Lafayette, Louisiana and we were touring at that time looking at different things. We were interested in checking up on it, and we ran across someone from Royal Prestige and then we sat with her. I told my daughter that it was the same company that made those pots years back.

I gave the old pots away when I lost my husband and downsized. The people that have it are still using it, and the pots had a good thick layer. They were a little heavier than they are now, and the covers didn’t have that extra steam thing. I knew from that experience that they were good pots and Royal Prestige is still making good products, but they're so expensive. Nevertheless, we're thoroughly enjoying them. We're learning how to not put too much water at all from the beginning, on certain vegetables especially.

Original review: July 14, 2018

We enjoy using our Royal Prestige cookware. There was a guy who was showing Royal Prestige off at an event. We sat there and I looked at it, and it was nice looking. We also compared the thickness to what we had. My wife bought it and we've had for it about eight months. It was expensive but it has lived up to the price. The pot really is good and nice. You can give it a little shot of spray grease and eggs don't stick to it. It has no hot spots because it's thick. We also bought the one with the shredder for the vegetables, and we've used it and it was nice. It's worked out really well and we're happy with it.

The insulated bowl came with a lid that was cracked. And we sat down after getting the order, I got all the paperwork, gave them a call and gave them the order number. I told them what had happened and they said they'd send us out another one. We had the new one within five days but it is about an inch too small. It doesn't fit over the top and we can't get it to latch. Other than that, Royal Prestige is great. We've had many different types of stuff throughout the years. It's nice having one set where we know what's gonna happen when we use it. When I browned stuff on pots before, the oil would splash up on the side of it. And because there was a hot spot there, it would burn. There wasn't anything like that on the Royal Prestige cookware.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We like how the Royal Prestige cookware cook when we watched their demonstration. We bought the cookware and I've had them for about five months now. The vegetables are really good when cooked in them. The price is high but the quality is very good.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I liked the way the Royal Prestige worked. We have an old set, and I got a new one. I got it for my stovetop because it's a glass one and I needed the heavy pan. The quality of the items is good.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Back in the early '90s, we found out about Royal Prestige during a home presentation but did not purchase at that time being a young married couple that wasn't able to. Then we were reeled back into it at a county home show. We were finally able to purchase a set and we've been adding pieces to it since then. We were sick of replacing the cheaper stuff. Royal Prestige offered durability and low water cooking if we wanted to. We also like the idea of having stainless steel pans that we could clean with steel wool without hurting them if we burn something on it. We've had Royal Prestige cookware for 10 years and we're happy with it. It's versatile and my husband likes it for the bacon and eggs. We're already recommending Royal Prestige to our daughter who's planning to get married.

Original review: July 6, 2018

One of my girlfriends and I went to a home show in Kansas City. We were walking along and Royal Prestige was doing a demonstration there then we decided to go over to them. It looked good and I didn’t have to have much water in it. It would also signal me when it was done. It’s like a miniature pressure cooker. My friend cooks all the time so she wanted it and I can’t let her have something I didn’t get, so I got the smaller amount because I was getting ready for a trip.

We’ve had the cookware for six years and I use it all the time. It’s easy and I can be doing something else. I have my little saucepan, put it on the stove with a little bit of water, put whatever I’m cooking in it, put the lid on and do something else. Pretty soon I turn the stove off, close it off and finish whatever I was doing. Then I open the pan, take the food out, and supper is ready. The overall quality of the items has been fine and they clean up nicely. Royal Prestige is expensive, but all good quality cookware is, and I would recommend them.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My husband was with me at a farm show in Kansas City and he was impressed with the Royal Prestige cookware. We got it in March and so far, I really like steaming vegetables in it with a little bit of water, and they come out fresh. However, the salad thing which shreds, grates, and slices, has a plastic piece that sits on the top and has a little piece that one holds it down with and is supposed to latch on both sides. But one side does not want to stay down so I have to hold it down for it to work properly. Other than that, I haven't had any issues with Royal Prestige. And the pan cleaned up nicely too even when I totally forgot about the eggs I boiled which became fried eggs.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We were at a home and garden show where we saw a demonstration and we signed up. Then somebody came out and showed us the cookware and cooked a meal for us. We had liked how it did and so we got the non-stick cookware. However, I don't know what I did differently than they did because the first couple of times that we fried and did something, it left marks on the pan. The quality is good quality but I didn't anticipate that I would have to watch a video on everything after spending that kind of money.

Original review: May 23, 2018

With Royal Prestige, I could just make a small downpayment for a cookware system and then make payments every month until it was paid off. They didn't charge me interest too. I got my cookware in February. I've had a similar one called Saladmaster which I bought about 4 years ago, and the Royal Prestige cookware is a little bit updated. But, the biggest thing about it is that you use less oil. Then, when I have different things I needed from time to time, I've been able to reach their rep and talk to him.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We've had Royal Prestige cookware for six months now and I'm totally dissatisfied with it. I've had nothing but issues with the shredder. They sent me a replacement of the base. They even sent a guy out and when he stuck it on the counter, it sticks but as soon as you turn and start doing anything with it, it doesn’t work. So I would use two of your pans about three times and that’s it.

Royal Prestige Cookware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Royal Prestige was founded in 1959 and continues to grow at a rate of about a quarter of a million new customers each year. With several lines of stainless-steel cookware, Royal Prestige is sold through distributors.

• Greaseless cooking: The 5-ply line of cookware Royal Prestige offers is designed to allow consumers to cook food such as chicken and meat without any oil.

• Ergonomic handles: These handles on the company's products are designed to be comfortable to hold, and don't heat up with the pans.

• 50-year warranty: Royal Prestige provides consumers buying cookware a 50-year warranty on their products.

• Redi-Temp valve: Most cookware designed by the company has a built-in valve that will alert consumers when the temperature reaches 180 °F or 82 °C.

• Versatile: Royal Prestige's cookware can be used on induction-stove tops and in ovens.

• Best for: Home cooks, home chefs and professional chefs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Madison
WI
www.royalprestige.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business