4.1/5 (1082 ratings)

About Royal Prestige Cookware

Royal Prestige is a cookware brand that offers a wide range of stainless-steel cookware products, including pots, pans, skillets and pressure cookers. The company offers several lines of stainless steel cookware that all come with a 50-year warranty. The company also has juicers, tableware, cutlery and water filtration products.

Pros

• Healthy cooking method
  • Large product selection
  • 50-year warranty
  • Sold individually and in sets

Cons

• Purchased through a distributor
  • Can be pricey

Bottom Line

Royal Prestige Cookware is built to last and includes a 50-year warranty. The greaseless cooking method provides a healthy alternative to cooking with butter and oil. It does not sell products directly to customers.

Royal Prestige Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Prestige Cookware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Prestige Cookware?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I like the idea that Royal Prestige is the steam cleaning or cooking kind of thing. I can use certain oils and stuff. I just don't like that I have to do a lot of extra scrubbing when cleaning because it is cast iron. But it's a quality product.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

When I got my first set, it was the 9-ply cookware and that was determined not safe. Royal Prestige exchanged that for the 5-ply and I purchased several pieces since then like the bakeware set. It's good quality. They just get to be a little pricey. But they're worth it. Those are the only pans I use. I've referred a couple of people that bought it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I enjoyed the cookbook that was sent along with the cookware. It gave us some good ideas of new things to try. I also enjoy the easy cleaning aspect of it and they heat up a lot faster than our other pans. The quality is great. I love them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I like the quality of the cookware. Everything's fine. I've had it before. We actually replaced the whole set with a different brand and I wasn't as happy with that. The one pan I missed the most was the 2.5 quart saucepan with the steam vent. I went back to Royal Prestige for this one piece.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

I don't use my Royal Prestige because I don't like it. First of all, there's so much slack in between the shredder/grinder that I can put my finger through there, so it doesn't work well, and that's the main thing that I wanted. And because they know how to use it, they make it look good. Won’t that be handy and nice to grind up everything with? It's not. The only thing that I use is the pot with a whistle on top for vegetables. I wish I could take these back or sell them in a garage sale. I cook, I really wanted some nice cookware, and I really wanted to do what they present the product to be. But it's expensive, which makes one think it's good, but it's not. I still use my Calphalon, which I've had forever. I would hate to see anybody purchase this cookware.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I purchased a 22 piece set of the 7-ply Royal Prestige Cookware at a trade show over 40 years ago for $800. I was young and my roommate and I went to a trade show and two cute guys sold us each a set! We had no living room furniture and microwaves had just come out - all we had were pots and pans! There was initial regret, and it took me three months before I could tell my parents what I had done. We made our payments for two years and eventually went our separate ways with our pots and pans! These are the only pots and pans I know how to cook with! Greaseless and waterless cooking; every piece is a pressure cooker with the sensor technology.

After almost 20 years, the bottom of pot in the original set began to peel. Royal Prestige replaced the entire set as the design had changed and so I would have a matching set. Over the years, I have had to replace some of the sensors and handles. At no cost, Royal Prestige/Hycite has sent me replacements. Fast forward another 20 years and several of the pots have pitted or started to peel on the bottom. I contacted Royal Prestige/Hycite yesterday. The 7-ply sets are no longer made so they are now sending me a NEW 5-ply set at no cost!

The cookware is amazing! The toughest of meats are tender when cooked in these pots! When the sensor whistle sounds I can turn the pot off and the food continues to cook and in 20 minutes, it's ready! The food is delicious and truly cooks in its own juices (meats) or vegetables retain their crispness. I even baked a pineapple upside cake in the skillet once, which was a recipe with the original Ultra-ease set. The company stands behind their products and I am so happy that I will be able to use my Royal Prestige cookware through the end of my life and not have to learn to cook with other cookware. Only downside is the original cookware could be stacked for cooking and the newer ones cannot. This is an investment indeed, and I can say it is one of the best investments I have made in my almost 70 years!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I like the waterless cookware. It worked well. I use the cleaning solution that they recommended, and it makes cleaning the cookware really easy.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I got sucked into buying several very expensive pieces at a trade show years ago. After experiencing food sticking and burning and the cookware staining, I finally put it away and went back to my old Revere Ware (who actually stand behind their warranties). One of the products that I purchased was a 2 gallon stainless steel bowl which I use on occasion, usually when I’m preparing large batches of food for canning. The stainless steel bowl has begun to react to salt and vinegar by developing black spots. I called today as Royal Prestige said there is a 50 year warranty on all their products only to be told there is just a one year warranty on the bowl.

Hello Bonnie,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Certain items do have a less warranty time applied, this is provided in the Limited Warranty sheet during purchase and may also be viewed in our website under Customer Service and Warranty. I apologize you are seeing black spots due to the salt and vinegar. A great product to use to remove stains is Bar Keeper's Friend and may be found at your local grocery store. If you need further assistance with cleaning of your products, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-279-3373, Monday- Friday from 8:00am- 9:00pm (CT).

Resolution response: Oct. 10, 2021

After many phone calls and emails Hycite finally approved a cancellation of the contract due to the distributor's work ethics. We were able to provide proof that the agent misrepresented the company and submitted a fraudulent contract. I suggest that any potential customers please review what they signed and make sure to cancel any purchase within 3 days if not sure please don’t sign. Thank you Consumer Affairs for your help and Hycite management who made it possible.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

My experience with Royal Prestige has been awful. Their customer service is very poor. Company allowed their distributors to scam residents by doing fraudulent contracts and not honoring their warranty.

Hello Zenayda,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I was able to locate the account and I see you have already been in contact with our Customer Care Department and your mother's contract has been carefully reviewed. If you received damaged merchandise, during shipment, please contact our warranty department at 800-279-3373, Monday- Friday from 8:00am- 9:00pm (CT) a claim will be created and replaced.

Customer Care Department

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I decided to ask for a refund. After two months of many promises, they stopped answering my calls and messages. During the whole purchasing process, the salesgirl and distributor made many promises. After buying a cookware set, when they called me to confirm the purchase, I decided to hold on, saying that I would think things through. Later, they called again, offering me a 20% discount, after that, I decided to ask for a refund.

Original review: July 23, 2021

We liked the water cooking with the Royal Prestige Cookware. We use that periodically. Also, when you cook something, they hold their heat. You put it out on the table, and things stay hot through your dinner. However, the rubber handles, seem to wear out really easily. We've had to replace ours a few times. But, it's all been warranty. It's been easy working with the company.

The only other thing that I don't like is, because I go from stove to oven with them, I wish all of the handles were the U-shaped ones instead of the long handles. But the quality has been great. I also love that I can go from stove to oven. We also went through that whole vent thing where the vents blew out. We had to send them back, get the little vent holes put in them, and then we've had near steam burns a couple of times from those things blowing out. Then finally, we just got them all exchanged with the new upgraded ones where there's less steel, but no holes.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I got involved in getting this product for a coworker who invited me to a demonstration, the show was okay, the seller showed me a set of pots I told him I can't pay too much every month and he convinced me about the comfortable payment options, I asked him about the interest. He told me there was 2% which for me it was a good interest for the price they charge for this cookware brand. I agreed and signed when I went home and read the whole yellow paper I signed I realized that they charge finance interest of about 27% like a credit card plus an equivalent annual rate.

Besides that when I could return the purchase because these people have the ridiculous three-day cancelation policy to make my experience worse when I use the pots and pans the quality was a disaster, as soon as I use the pieces after washed they got a dark purplish color I let the seller know about it, he came, he did the curation (curacion) that is how they call it, he promised it will go away but it didn't. He told me to call the company and ask for a replacement which was not worthy because after a lot of back and forth calling I got a replacement set but with the same issue. I DON'T recommend people to purchase this cookware it is much expensive and the satisfaction of the product is very poor. I rather spend 1K with cookware at Macy's where can I get a refund than keep paying a monthly fee with high interest and not seen the balance go down. Big mistake ever. Please be aware and before purchase check the reviews of this business.

Hello Gemmy,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I was able to locate your account and I will be glad to review and misunderstandings you may have with your credit application. I am sorry to hear you are having the same issue with the replacement of your cookware. The change of color in your cookware is a common factor when the temperature used to cook, is slightly to high. I can have one of our representatives contact you with tips on how to avoid this from happening and what product you may use to remove it. Please contact our warranty department at 800-279-3373, Monday - Friday from 8:00am- 9:00pm (CT). For questions regarding your credit application, please contact our credit department at 800-280-9708, Monday- Friday from 8:00am- 9:00pm (CT).

Customer Care Department

Original review: July 9, 2021

The rep was awesome. His cooking demonstration was awesome. He did great. He was very interactive, friendly and very personable. I wouldn't have asked for a better rep. I also got a free knife and that's by far the best knife I ever have.

Original review: July 8, 2021

At the demonstration of Royal Prestige, they prepared a chicken breast and a potato in one skillet. Then in another saucepan, they put broccoli, cabbage, corn and a bunch of different stuff in it. I never put all that stuff in one pan, but I have been using it for my potatoes, not cooking with water, just a little bit and it seems to be working quite well. I fried chicken in it, and it really makes the chicken really juicy and good. I'm satisfied with it. It's easy to clean up. It's good.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Yesterday they finally came and install the filter for the kitchen. It was 2 weeks after the paperwork, went to drink the water and it was horrible tasting water. Not worth the $800 and they won't accept the return because from the time I signed the contract they give you 3 day to cancel but they will install 2 weeks after.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are sorry to hear you received a defective filter, please contact our warranty department at 800-279-3379, Monday- Friday from 8:00am - 9:00pm (CT), and a return number may be provided to inspect your filter.

Customer Care Department

Original review: June 23, 2021

I don’t like the set with the red rings. It’s extra work to clean. One of my lids is broken, I definitely don’t like that model. Much money for something that I don’t use anymore, just I need to change for the old model or the classic one, but all the representatives asked me for a lot of money to do it, and I can’t to spend a lot of money again.

Hello Lillian,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I will be happy to assist you with any replacements you may need as well as tips on how to clean your replacements. Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 800-279-3373, Monday- Friday from 8:00am- 9:00pm (CT).

Customer Care Department

Original review: May 13, 2021

The Royal Prestige Cookware works and stuff don't stick to it. It cleans easy. Just throw in the dishwasher and go. I also have the straining thing and then the knives and I love them both.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I've had Royal Prestige Cookware for several years. I like it because it's so quick and it really cooks food well. I also like that it's steamed and not boiled in water, to take the vitamins out. Cauliflower, broccoli, and green beans are my favorite things to cook in it. But they evidently took the copper out of the bottom which I didn't like.

Original review: April 28, 2021

The cost of the Royal Prestige Cookware was a little high. But I enjoy using it and it cleans up well. One of my pans got burnt. It was left on the stove and somebody turned the burner on and didn't realize that the lid and that black stuff got burnt and it melted. But the Royal Prestige reps were very pleasant and got me a new one.

Original review: April 21, 2021

The representative was very deceiving and it seems the company teaches them not to mention it-can-not-be-returned. After receiving the pots, he was coming to deliver a handle. But that April 13th, an hour before the appointment I asked him not to come by texting and then calling him. He didn’t care to answer or call, but arrived at my condominium expecting I receive him. I told him I find his action so DISRESPECTFUL of him. I texted and called you and you didn’t care to acknowledge my call or request. Then he sends me a picture of him standing under my bedroom window, smiling as if irresistible to reject. That was so degrading and so disrespectful. I don’t want his services ever again and i don’t want the pots not the handle that he could have left. But didn’t because he wants to proof domain. So disgusting. Also, I had asked if the pots could go in the oven. He said yes. And no that can’t go in the oven, handle is plastic

Royal Prestigue cookware doesn’t want the product back. Altogether leaves me with distrust. It has been 7 days, he hasn’t had the courtesy to communicate with me. This type of sales person is so Machista. He leaves a sense of distrust, dishonest as a-representative, or maybe he represents Royal prestige exactly as they are. I’m so frustrated I don’t want the product anymore and I want all my money back.

Original review: April 21, 2021

The Royal Prestige cookware is very durable and that's the biggest thing about them. The two things that stand out are the pressure cooker and the little hotpot plate thing. That's been super fun. We used the vegetable slicer too and that was awesome. One drawback would be that you have to make sure you clean everything right away because if you let them sit, they would be much more difficult to clean. Another thing that Royal Prestige should correct is when they shipped the items, they were all individually boxed. We had 80 boxes of things to recycle and although that was fine, there is probably a better way to do that. Also, when we were first going through the billing stuff, I reached out to the people who do the billing and they were really hard to get ahold of. They weren't super good at responding to emails. But we eventually got things figured out after a couple of months.

Other than that, I prefer this cookware as opposed to the Teflon ones. Royal Prestige is definitely more of a luxury or boutique item as opposed to everyday cookware. We replaced it with all of our other cookware over time so I would definitely recommend it. It's not as affordable as some of the other options that are out there but it's good stuff.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Look at Royal Prestige and buy the whole set. I heard really good things about it then I asked a couple of friends if they own one, and they highly recommended it. I've had my set since December and I use it quite often, and I like it. I really like all the different sizes that I ended up getting and the lids are among one of my favorite things 'cause they make the food cook faster.

Original review: March 31, 2021

The Royal Prestige cookware is expensive, but they're worth it. They're good, so people should pay now and enjoy them. I really liked the steak knives and the steamer. Those are my favorites. I just like the whole system, how it works. I like the older ones that I had from 20 years ago versus the new set because the handles and the top are a little different. I had a flat top from 20 years ago that fit nice and firm in there, and these are a little sloped. Maybe I didn't get the same series, but I noticed I liked the other tops better. The other thing, I liked that they have unlimited whistles and handles that were sent to me. Over the years, I've needed some of them. If I just switch them out, it's almost like a brand-new pot again. I am happy with that.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Everything about our experience with Royal Prestige was great. The problem is that the pans are way too nice to use.

Original review: March 10, 2021

The Royal Prestige cookware is so easy to use. I haven’t quite gotten the hang of the little skillet yet but I like that it makes my vegetables taste a whole lot better. People should get rid of all their other cookware since this stuff is awesome.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I like the stuff from Royal Prestige. I like the way you cook with it and how the food comes out. I also got the knife set and then I got the baking set for my daughter 'cause she bakes. It really pays off, especially when you get a lot of people cooking for, like a lot of kids.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I have been trying to speak with someone in product department for a return label for the past 3 weeks and I have been hung up on several times, I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told no one is available, and I should leave my phone number and someone will return my call but to no avail. I spoke with Edith and German. Still awaiting a call and label to return/exchange saucepan cover. I am extremely disappointed with the service at Royal Prestige.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We went to a party and Royal Prestige's demonstration, the quality of their food, and the ease to have a healthy meal was very impressive. We got their cookware and I like everything so far. Pick a couple of pieces from them and go with that versus buying two full sets. I typically use two of the cookware and didn't need to purchase as much as I did.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Back In 2008 my wife and I attended a cooking seminar for engaged couples and we bought in the delusion of Royal Prestige. We loved everything we were shown and we were sold. Well, it turns out nothing performed or held up like we thought. Basically it was bait and switch, the pan vents fell apart, food would stick and they became extremely hard to clean and keep clean and our frustration grew. As of now we haven't used the pots and pans in 5 yrs. They've been collecting dust and I've actually debated on scraping them to recover some of the $2,500 I spent on them. After we switched back to normal pots and pans and we are much happier and less frustrated so please don't fall for this scam.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

It's a lot of packaging that they send and it was overwhelming. There is a learning curve to use them comparative to using ceramic and other nonstick cookware. Their cookware heats up differently and stays hot longer.

Royal Prestige Cookware Company Information