Rowenta Steam Irons

Rowenta Steam Irons Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rowenta Steam Irons?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rowenta Steam Irons?

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2023

I spoke with Marissa in the customer service department at Rowenta to her know that my iron has not been repaired. I told her the heating element is not working because the iron (after 10 minutes) is not getting hot. She argued with me and told me they repaired it. I told her she is wrong! I have the iron and it is not working. Buyer’s beware because customer service these days are lacking!

Price

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

I purchased a DW9280 steam iron August 18, 2022. In July 2023 the iron ceased to function properly. Still under warranty. It was replaced with an iron with fewer features and I was told I only had the warranty from the first purchase which had expired. On top of this iron being $20 cheaper when I received the replacement than my original purchase, it is 1.5 pounds heavier and does not have a water spray function. I'm upset, have a sore wrist and feel poorly treated by Rowenta. The product is inferior and the lack of warranty is upsetting. I bought the first iron because it was advertised as made in Germany. The replacement was not. Overall I would rather go wrinkled than ever buy a rowenta product again.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed March 25, 2023

I should have known better after the junk Rowenta iron I bought in 2016. Somehow I managed to let myself get caught in the hype last year. Spent a lot on their top-of-the-line. It would make a better colander than iron. Leaks like a sieve. So they fooled me twice. Won't happen again....ever!

Coverage

Reviewed March 13, 2023

My $200+ machine is unusable because of an irreplaceable cartridge. The customer support basically said that they no longer produce these cartridges and were sorry for the inconvenience. Horrible policy on their part. Btw, the machine's warranty expired just a few months ago.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2022

I purchased this expensive iron just over one year ago in June 2020. Whilst within the warranty period, the steam stopped working effectively. This was one of the product's most vaunted properties. It was repaired within warranty but when using the iron, it was not heating up sufficiently, leaked water constantly over the clothes. I have kept the steam holes clean and tried numerous different electric outlets. When standing on its own and not heating, the entire water reservoir leaked out from under the soleplate. Rowenta have refused to answer e-mails or acknowledge my request for advice. My $20 'spare' iron works much better than this expensive, over-priced product. Avoid if possible. There are better, cheaper options on the market.

Reviewed April 29, 2022

Rowenta 1830005479 DG7530, Compact Steam Station, 1800 Watts, Dark Green. This is my second. The first worked great for many years and still works, I simply decided that the first version did more steam and did not get hot otherwise. I wanted to try the new version. I purchased it on Oct 2020 and used it maybe once a month or less. It stopped working 18 months after purchase. The warranty is for 1 year but I paid over $400 for this iron. I phoned the company and we chatted about the warranty and they told me to submit receipt and take a photo of the bottom of the iron and send it to them in an email. I did and they responded (I believe it was the same woman that I spoke to on the phone) that it is no longer under warranty but they'd be happy to send me the address of a service provider to get it fixed at my cost.

I cannot believe they will not stand behind their products. This iron was used 14 - 16 times at most. I also cannot believe they made me run around and take pictures and find receipts to email when I told them clearly that I had the machine for 18 months. I think they simply did not want to engage on the phone. Very disappointing. I will never purchase another Rowenta again.

Reviewed March 26, 2022

We paid £74.99 for a Rowenta iron and after just 4 months (used in accordance with the instructions) it was leaking water. Rowenta refused to offer a replacement or refund, instead offering to repair the iron - this would take between 3 weeks and 6 weeks! No replacement in the meantime. I asked what we were supposed to do for an iron for this time and they had no interest in answering. I even wrote to their MD but just ended up with the same response with the exception that they incredibly offered us a discount on the purchase of another Rowenta iron!!!! A poor product and truly awful customer service. PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY AND MAYBE IT WILL CHANGE ITS ATTITUDE.

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2021

I purchased a Rowenta Steamforce Iron on May 8, 2020 from Bed Bath & Beyond. This was a big mistake because it leaks and the customer service is extremely poor. I own the Rowenta Master Valet IS6300 Professional Grade, Clothes Garment Steamer and had a good experience with it although I only use it occasionally (less than 1X/month).

I didn't read the reviews for the iron before I purchased it. I was told by Rowenta the iron is for occasional use and should be emptied everyday. The iron should not be on for more than an hour each day. Any seamstress/quilter will say this is not possible to use it less than 1 hour per day. I had to purchase another iron as a back up while I wait a month for my iron to be repaired. I strongly recommend to others who read this review to think twice about purchasing the Rowenta Steamforce iron.

PriceReliability

Reviewed May 24, 2020

I have bought 2 Rowenta Steam Irons in the last 4 years. The latest being less than a year ago. Both have failed. They both leaked water, and neither will heat. The Rowenta brand is marketed as a premium German-made product, at premium price. I would say that this is far from true. Short warranty, high price and high failure rate. Shame on me for buying this defective product twice.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed April 30, 2020

After I contacted Rowenta and they would not sell me or provide a spray pump and stated it had to go to a service center for repair, I replied. Why would I send it in for repair? This is my second rowenta that I purchased at my wife's request. The first one leaked water and she insisted I buy another. The second one had problems with the sprayer. Now you say I cant purchase the part and have to send it to a repair shop which would probably cost as much as a new Iron. The only reason I would try to fix it is my wife says that rowenda is the best. Certainly not from my experience. Before I got my first rowenta I was using a sunbeam turbo steam GCBCS_212 iron that still works great at less than half the cost.

Rowenta Steam Irons Company Information