2.5/5 (433 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Rowenta Steam Irons Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rowenta Steam Irons?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rowenta Steam Irons?

Original review: April 29, 2022

Rowenta 1830005479 DG7530, Compact Steam Station, 1800 Watts, Dark Green. This is my second. The first worked great for many years and still works, I simply decided that the first version did more steam and did not get hot otherwise. I wanted to try the new version. I purchased it on Oct 2020 and used it maybe once a month or less. It stopped working 18 months after purchase. The warranty is for 1 year but I paid over $400 for this iron. I phoned the company and we chatted about the warranty and they told me to submit receipt and take a photo of the bottom of the iron and send it to them in an email. I did and they responded (I believe it was the same woman that I spoke to on the phone) that it is no longer under warranty but they'd be happy to send me the address of a service provider to get it fixed at my cost.

I cannot believe they will not stand behind their products. This iron was used 14 - 16 times at most. I also cannot believe they made me run around and take pictures and find receipts to email when I told them clearly that I had the machine for 18 months. I think they simply did not want to engage on the phone. Very disappointing. I will never purchase another Rowenta again.

Original review: March 26, 2022

We paid £74.99 for a Rowenta iron and after just 4 months (used in accordance with the instructions) it was leaking water. Rowenta refused to offer a replacement or refund, instead offering to repair the iron - this would take between 3 weeks and 6 weeks! No replacement in the meantime. I asked what we were supposed to do for an iron for this time and they had no interest in answering. I even wrote to their MD but just ended up with the same response with the exception that they incredibly offered us a discount on the purchase of another Rowenta iron!!!! A poor product and truly awful customer service. PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY AND MAYBE IT WILL CHANGE ITS ATTITUDE.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I purchased a Rowenta Steamforce Iron on May 8, 2020 from Bed Bath & Beyond. This was a big mistake because it leaks and the customer service is extremely poor. I own the Rowenta Master Valet IS6300 Professional Grade, Clothes Garment Steamer and had a good experience with it although I only use it occasionally (less than 1X/month).

I didn't read the reviews for the iron before I purchased it. I was told by Rowenta the iron is for occasional use and should be emptied everyday. The iron should not be on for more than an hour each day. Any seamstress/quilter will say this is not possible to use it less than 1 hour per day. I had to purchase another iron as a back up while I wait a month for my iron to be repaired. I strongly recommend to others who read this review to think twice about purchasing the Rowenta Steamforce iron.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have bought 2 Rowenta Steam Irons in the last 4 years. The latest being less than a year ago. Both have failed. They both leaked water, and neither will heat. The Rowenta brand is marketed as a premium German-made product, at premium price. I would say that this is far from true. Short warranty, high price and high failure rate. Shame on me for buying this defective product twice.

Original review: April 30, 2020

After I contacted Rowenta and they would not sell me or provide a spray pump and stated it had to go to a service center for repair, I replied. Why would I send it in for repair? This is my second rowenta that I purchased at my wife's request. The first one leaked water and she insisted I buy another. The second one had problems with the sprayer. Now you say I cant purchase the part and have to send it to a repair shop which would probably cost as much as a new Iron. The only reason I would try to fix it is my wife says that rowenda is the best. Certainly not from my experience. Before I got my first rowenta I was using a sunbeam turbo steam GCBCS_212 iron that still works great at less than half the cost.

Original review: April 5, 2020

This is my 2nd Rowenta. The first one I bought and the 2nd was a gift. Both were horrid. Auto shut off quit working within 6 months on both. Both leaked water no matter how full or empty it was. Burst of steam was always grainy with sand like and put marks on many white shirts. Both were expensive, too expensive for all the problems. Both were self clean quit and never did work right. See above remark. The company's customer service was very poor. If I could give less than 1 star I would. Even that is too good.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Have had this Iron for several years, today while ironing, the base started sparking inside the water canister and flames appeared out the sides. How could you ever trust this company again with an auto shut off iron that catches fire while using? This could have been a disaster in the making. Rowenta use to be a reputable brand but now I am thinking differently.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I purchased a Rowenta Perfect steam over two years ago but unfortunately it started throwing out brown sandy granulates. (Would like to know if anyone know where I can get it services?) Thought this was a good life for how much I’d used it. I decided it was time to replace so I thought an upgrade to the Rowenta Silence Technology would be better but am so disappointed with its performance???? thinking 6.5 bar would be better than 5 bar. Unfortunately this was so not the case. Very disappointing for the cost of if. Also, I know it’s only a little thing but there was not Velcro strap to keep the cable tidy????

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Received iron for Christmas 2018. After six months started leaking water which in turn dropped on my leg and burned me. This is my third iron and they all leak. Customer service will not respond to emails even after they give you a case number. You never hear from them. Terrible iron and service. Never purchase a Rowenta if you want a good iron. This is my last Rowenta.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Granted, my iron is between 12 & 14 years old. And, until this recent incident, it had worked pretty well except for some minor spitting and hissing from the water well. What I also learned is to always read your owner's manual even if you have owned similar products over the years. I grew up using distilled water in my irons and was completely unaware that the recommendation is now for tap or spring water.

Anyway, I was ironing yesterday, added some more distilled water, and then left the room to do another chore. Within 5 minutes, the smoke alarms in my home went off (thankfully they work). Ran to the bedroom to see 6-9" flames shooting from the iron (not the cord, not the outlet, the iron itself) and molten metal pouring out of the steam vents. Very scary but dealt with it. Very fortunate that no clothes were nearby and that the damage is limited to a 'toasted' iron, burnt through fire-retardant ironing board cover and scorched metal ironing board.

The helpful Rowenta service rep (and he was which is why 2 stars) explained that their quality control folks would like to see the iron and emailed a mailing label. He also told me about their changes in water recommendations (let's plaster neon colored labels on boxes!). However, I can't recommend this product because never should a simple appliance like this one catch fire spontaneously. We are so thankful it wasn't worse. And never again will I leave a room with the iron plugged in.

Rowenta Steam Irons Company Information