Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Rowenta Steam Irons Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rowenta Steam Irons?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rowenta Steam Irons?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Do not buy Rowenta products, my steamer had a leak (not visible) and got completely calcified outside. The thing is entirely broken after 3 years. I opened it to see what was going on and if I could repair it and I found that (See picture). The temperature sensor was broken, most probably because of the contamination or something. Several screws were stripped due to the severe calcification and they teared when I tried to unscrew them to access the boiler. I sent the picture to Rowenta asking where I could buy another steamer, they told me I voided the warranty and that I had to bring it to an approved repair center. I am throwing this in the garbage. http://tinypic.com/r/16ar47t/9

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Rowenta Pro Precision Microsteam 400 - Steam trigger quit working after 3 years. My friend had the same problem. With only a 1-year warranty on an expensive iron, I think I will search out another brand to replace it. I don't know the cost of repair yet, but will fill in the blanks after I take it locally to a small appliance repair shop. Always save the receipt when purchasing a Rowenta!!! I purchased through Amazon.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Rowenta stole my money on this iron (Rowenta DG8430 Pro Precision 1800-Watt Steam Iron Station). $200 I might as well have ripped up and flushed down the toilet. I have owned two Rowenta steam generator irons that were wonderful. So I bought a third. Immediately it would not steam. My husband found a hunk of sponge in the water works and removed it. Then it steamed for 2 months and stopped. I called Rowenta customer service and got a very unpleasant clerk. She told me I was using the wrong water. I changed the water, still no steam. I called again and was argued with and given the runaround. Eventually they gave me an address to mail it to a service center in Michigan. I sent it in, it was gone for a month, and was returned steaming. It steamed for a month and stopped. Same drill, I called, got snotty condescending response, kept advocating and eventually got another address to send it in. I sent it in.

It was gone for a month and then a brand new iron arrived in the mail. I used it twice and it worked. Then it began to spew water from the sole plate and the back of the iron. My husband noticed it and asked why it was leaking so much. I unplugged it, let it cool down, and threw it in the trash! Rowenta used to have a quality reputation. That reputation is gone. I will NEVER buy another Rowenta iron and I advise others not to purchase one either. The iron was not able to iron. The customer service was awful and they never made it right. I did not buy this iron so I could spend my time mailing it to service center after service center.

I bought an inexpensive Black and Decker iron for the duration and it heats up every time, steams every time and does not spew scalding water on my feet when I iron. I understand how difficult it is to know if you can believe a review. You can believe this one. I have been sewing for 57 years and ironing as many. I need a reliable iron for my sewing and to iron the family clothes. I have purchased Rowenta for 43 years and been pleased. But they have lost my loyalty. I am bitter about this. Rowenta stole my money and I have nothing to show for it!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I replaced my 20 year old iron with a Rowenta DW5000, even though it was working fine - just felt it was time for a change. I researched the brands and models and decided on this one. I have had it for less than a year. It never occurred to me to save the receipt. I have used it maybe 5 times --only pulled it out to iron one or two items so I never noticed that it shut off by itself after 8 minutes... and didn't come back on again until after it cooled off. The manual is ridiculous and impossible to figure out what the heck they mean. Customer service was very polite - they called me - had me go crazy trying to see the itty bitty serial numbers on the back and then had me send a picture. Just got an email that since I don't have a receipt it isn't covered but I could throw good money after bad by sending it to one of their service centers. THANK YOU SO MUCH? Save your money. Do not buy from this company.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I recently had to replace my wonderful 25 year old Rowenta steam iron. I purchased the Rowenta model Focus. I absolutely hate it. It is so big and ugly, and I struggle to read the proper settings for the different materials. And, it is so difficult to determine how much water is in the thing. It is also difficult to fill with water. It is big and heavy and lifting it to do my ironing is exhausting. I am so disappointed with my purchase. Have been reading other reviews that the thing doesn't last. Good riddance when that happens. I will try another company.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I have as a gift in my birthday. I try it, a leaking water for one side. I did ask someone by phone. Asked for a pr - pay first class stamp and I want to send back it. They said is going to be in my pocket if I wanted send the iron. I am not agreed and I am still have this unused appliance. Any additional questions?

Original review: May 18, 2017

I bought a Rowenta Focus Model DZ5161 iron from Sam's Club probably 6 years ago. It was expensive and I didn't want to get another one, so when it started leaking water after a couple of years, I returned it to the store as defective--it was under warranty. I really wanted a refund but all they would do is give me another. The replacement has been no better. It overheats, scorches clothes and leaks out the bottom every time I add water to it. It is going in the trash! My daughter got me a Shark iron for Mother's Day and I love it, so far!

Original review: May 9, 2017

Purchased a Rowenta DW8080 about 18 months ago and the iron quit working. Initially I would move the cord around and it would work for a minute or two. Now, nothing works. This is my second Rowenta and my last.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I've had this Rowenta Focus for several years and it seemed to work fine. We now have a 1-year old cat in the house that runs all over the place like crazy at times. I was in the middle of making dinner and left the iron when I went to stir a pot that was overcooking. I heard a clunk and was cleaning up the stove. When I went back to the iron, it was on the floor hot plate down! I picked it up and the floor was scorched and hot to the touch. The iron never shut off! Now I have a ruined floor!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

The irons leaks water. Complete ripoff for the range it has been priced. I was surprised to see so many other complaints regarding the same problem. With the inability to hold water this item is completely useless, Clearly with some many issues there is a design flaw and should be recalled!!! I took out my old $19.99 Black & Decker from the closet after about at least a min 1 year of storage and occasionally tossing it around and worked like a Champ. Holds the water no problem at all. I had purchased this iron on the fly for a trip. I'm glad I didn't get rid of it when purchased the Rowenta DZ5080 and yes the Black & Decker is much older than the Rowenta. This expensive iron that yields no quality results.

Rowenta Steam Irons Company Information