Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Rowenta Steam Irons Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rowenta Steam Irons?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rowenta Steam Irons?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have purchased three Rowenta steam irons during the past 8-9 years. Yes, I know, call me crazy but I thought I liked the brand. I overlooked issues with the irons such as leaking, turning off on its own, and finally, not working at all. I followed the approved cleaning directions after each usage and it still did not prolong the lives of the irons. My last iron, model DW5080, recently stopped working after about two years. I spoke to a customer service representative manager about a free replacement and was told if I did not have a receipt (which I didn’t, but should have after three purchases) there wasn’t anything that can be done other than providing the contact information of a service center for repairs, at my cost. Needless to say, I am very disappointed in Rowenta and will never purchase any of their products, ever.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I buy a Rowenta iron every year. It begins leaking after a few months, then it just DIES after a year. It’s been quite a few years. I really like the iron, hence the two stars, but for $100 range iron, it should last more than a year, plain and simple. I feel very foolish buying it again and again, but I really like it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I purchased this Rowenta steam iron DW9280 about a year ago, after about 6 months it stopped steaming. I tried the self clean option but nothing. When I called Rowenta, they suggested I use partial spring water even though the manual specifically says not to. I was told there was nothing more they could do to help me and referred me to a repair dealer a 100 miles from my home. When I called the dealer, it would cost me $100 to repair. I bought this iron because of the reputation of Rowenta and was disappointed they don't stand by their product.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Over the last number of years I have purchased 3 of the same model iron, only to have it begin to leak out of the bottom corner of the iron. Fortunately, I have returned to the store to exchange the faulty iron for a new iron. Today, after leaking began on yet another iron, I called customer service and was given an interesting reason why this could be happening. She said that if I don't de-scale the iron every two weeks this could happen. She also said that perhaps I should mix spring water with the regular tap water even though the instructions clearly state to use tap water only. I think both reasons she gave for the possibility of leakage were an excuse for an inferior product. These irons used to be so good that you could have one for years.

My original iron I had for years unfortunately fell off of a shelf during an earthquake. If that hadn't happened I would probably still have the iron. The ones they are making today, appear to be the same quality, but unfortunately, the looks and feel of the iron does not tell the story of the internal workings of the iron. Clearly there is a problem with reservoir leakage as many other reviewers have stated. Unfortunately, the company does not wish to address this problem. Bad customer service and poorly made product! Not the Rowenta of yesteryear!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I purchased this Rowenta (SteamForce) a year and a half ago thinking I would get one that would last. I quilt and this is my third Rowenta in 8 years. Tonight all it would do was make a very low humming sound, no heat, and the dial would not light up. It is on a surge protector. I'm very disappointed in this product. I'm not sure I want to bother sending it back to the manufacturer and pay shipping only to have it go out again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I bought my iron approximately a year ago. Although it was expensive we believe you get what you pay for and the iron worked great until the other day when it would not turn on. I had it tested and was told the cord malfunctioned, at which time I contacted their service dept and requested a new cord. I was told I would be responsible for the replacement part. I think we had our last iron for 15 years without a problem. Guess you do get what you pay for! Never Again!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

These high price steam irons do not perform as advertised. Three steam irons failed in less than ten years. After sale service almost does not exist. Customer service totally unprofessional. Very disappointed with the product, quality and after sales. Many other manufacturers sell steam irons with same features and longer warranties at almost 1/3 price. Do not recommend the steam irons.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Iron does not have a good cleaning design. It does not allow the calcium build up to discharge fully, therefore every time you iron it will expel build up on first steam burst. Also leaks at bottom of plate. Sent to authorized repair by Rowenta and still will not stop doing this. I called Rowenta and basically she told me I have to clean it more than 3 times before each use or use a different brand of water. I followed directions to a T and watched video on YouTube. Still expels calcium or dirt. Terrible iron for money and extremely BAD customer support or service.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

When this iron worked it, worked wonderfully, when it worked. It could steam press a cotton button down oxford shirt or pants like the dry cleaners. But this is my 4th Rowenta and like the others, it starts with that articulated power cord connection on the iron. Cuts off and on while you are using it. You think it’s working until all this water starts to spill out. Now the iron will not heat up, just makes a ticking sound and the lighted settings you chose for the type of cloth you are pressing just blinks, all this after you wiggle the power cord into some position to get the thing to turn on at all! This seems to be an ongoing problem with these irons, you’d think by now Rowenta would have redesign/re-engineered this problem after all these years. An iron that cost as much as this one such last more than 2 years.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchased this like most people on this review string having previously had a Rowenta iron for many years. However, I am just really disappointed in my last purchased. Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam 1800-Watt Eco Energy Steam Iron Station Stainless Steel Soleplate, 400-Hole, Purple. I took the first one back as it was faulty - saying it was empty. Second one exactly the same problem. Have purchased another manufacturer now. Can't believe it had exactly the same fault. Don't buy this product till they sort out this obvious problem.

Rowenta Steam Irons Company Information