3.6/5 (761 ratings)

About Republic Services

Republic Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Was paying $338 per year. Received my current bill and it’s $477. Called and talked to a supervisor, was told they were going to lower my bill to $282. Since then I’ve called four times and was told they were going to call me back and never have. I keep getting a late notice. Finally called back today and talk to someone. They said my bill was 282 if I wanted to put it on my card. Once I put it on my card they said I had to verify with another billing agent when I talk to that billing agent, they said they owed another $56. My neighbor currently pays 220. They told me that he must’ve got in when they were having some type of rebate.

Republic Services response

Vince, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

Driving on the freeway one of the employees improperly/poorly loaded their truck with cement, dropping chunks and powder as I was driving. License Plate ** US DOT ** out of Half Moon Bay around 2:30PM Monday Jan 16th 2023 on 580 E.

Republic Services response

We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the address, including zip code, and a good contact number.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

After receiving my last quarterly bill, service cost has increased AGAIN. This has doubled in the 4 years I have lived at my current address. I researched and found a cheaper company. I had not had a pick up since 10/17/22. When I called Republic to inquire about a late bill I had received and that I have not even had service, in fact my cart was still by the road with trash in it. I was told that they can pick up the container for $45, which I feel should not be a charge, this is part of the service. Luckily I had a vehicle large enough to be able to drop off the container without a charge.

I was also told that the charges would come off my account since service was cancelled and no pick had been done since October. Well that didn't happen. They are currently stating that I am responsible for $123. Customer service was no help and does not seem to have any authority to make any decisions. Just telling me charges are valid....for what? The bill doesn't even make any sense. Today they are telling me that it is for 1 month of service plus an interruption fee. What service? I didn't even have a pick up.

Republic Services response

Amy, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

In the last month they have missed 8 of our 16 pick ups. We have called many times and can not get an answer of why the pick ups have been missed. We also get told they are going to send someone out to pick up the extra trash but they never do. I run 190 space mobile home park with 17 bins and have home owners complaining at our office because of the overloaded trash bins and the health and safety issues it's causing. I'm sure we'll still receive a 10k trash bill even though half our pickups have been missed.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I have had nothing but problems with Republic Services for nearly the last 2 years. To start things off, I signed up for service with them in the end of March 2021. I was told that I would receive my trash and recycling cans by the 1st of April. I did not receive my cans until 3 whole weeks later, after multiple phone calls and emails with the business. I was made false promises that my cans would arrive after the first call, and was forced to contact them multiple times to get them to deliver them. Over the course of the following 20 months, they have skipped picking up my recycling no less than 15 times, causing me to spend copious amounts of my personal time contacting them via various means and asking them to provide the service that I pay for. I have tried everything.

I submit a "missed pickup request" through their app every time, and on only 3 occasions have they actually delivered the service after my request. The rest of the time, after I get no action from my request, I contact them via social media and by phone. When I talk with someone, I am always met with the same response... "We are working as quickly and safely as possible to get your recycling emptied, we will share your feedback with the local team." AND NOTHING HAPPENS. Then I call someone again, or continue to engage with them via social media until they pick up my stuff. This can take upwards of a week and a half. I am currently at day 5 of my recycling bin sitting in front of my house, completely full. I have reached out numerous times to no avail. I have been made assurances that my recycling would be picked up... NOTHING. I have never had to work this hard with a company to provide a service that I pay for. It is completely ridiculous.

Republic Services response

Tyler, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

We live in a neighborhood that has contract with Republic Trash and Recycling services. Over the past two years, their service has deteriorated significantly and irreversibly. Also, their customer service team has no authority or training except to state the obvious. Their CEO or public policy team doesn't respond to any social media questions or comments either. Our neighborhood was left looking like trash yard last week after their recycling crew decided not to show up and the company didn't communicate. Any extra trash is left by the curbside (even if they fail to show up for a week and know that there is additional trash because of their mistake). How can such a company be in business?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Republic Services has not picked up the dumpster at my apartment building in over 2 weeks. Trash and garbage are strewn all over the parking lot, drawing rats and raccoons. I left VM for my account rep, and did not receive a return call. I spoke with another rep who assured me it would be picked up yesterday. It was not. I dealt with this exact situation back in the spring, for almost 4 weeks, and had to hire an exterminator for the rats that invaded my building, and a clean up crew for the garbage all over the parking lot. Here we go again, with no response from anyone at Republic Services, and due to the 3 day holiday weekend, no one is there to answer an emergency call until Tuesday. What a disgrace.

Republic Services response

Linda, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I first used Republic services at home, pick up was timely but I would come home nearly every pickup day to trash all over the road and my yard because apparently, it's too difficult to get the trash from the can into the truck.. When my trash can was stolen and Republic was going to charge me FIFTY bucks to replace it, I just said, "enough is enough" and I dropped their service.

Our business has no choice for trash and recycling outside of Republic services and in the 4 or 5 months that we've been paying for recycling, they can't seem to do the pickup without me calling! We've had a pickup 3 times TOTAL (supposed to be every 2 weeks) but after a month I am finally forced to call the supervisor to get a pickup. VERY frustrating! We pay for the service, shouldn't we be on a regular pickup schedule? I can overlook it happening the first time and maybe even the second, but this is now the third time. Unacceptable and I'm CONFIDENT that we have been billed a full month of service every month regardless of getting half the service (1 pick up a month vs 2 and the only reason it gets picked up once is because I call them).

Republic Services response

Tanya, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

First they failed to pick up recycling for over a month. Second they took over 8 weeks to pick up the carts from my yard. Finally I was charged $90 to pick up the carts. Even before they were picked up. In the 6 times I communicated with them they never informed me about the pick charge.

Republic Services response

Lisa, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Experienced a recent house fire which was a total loss. I rented a 30 foot dumpster from Republic services which they required a 750 deposit over the phone. I paid the deposit and return the dumpster full in a matter of a couple of weeks. I was suppose to receive a credit back to my account of 355.91. I have had to call them three times now to find out when I will be getting my money back which each time they keep telling me it's going to be a couple of weeks while it's going on about 2 months now and still haven't received anything about my refund as far as an update. I called them today and they said it will be a couple of weeks. I need my money back they wanted it the second I ask for a dumpster I want the rest of my money that is owe to me as soon as they got their dumpster back. This is absolutely ridiculous and should never take this long to give someone their money back.

Republic Services response

Ethan, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Republic Services Company Information