Republic Services

Compare Utility Companies

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Low price to get you started, changes without you knowing, try to cancel - republic really gets you then (cost you an arm and a leg). If you try and not pay the bill because you disagree, they turn it into effect you credit report within 30 days. This company should be investigated by the state of Michigan. DO NOT LET THESE CROOKS TAKE YOUR MONEY!

This is a "company" that needs to be shut down and ran out of the country. I'm a customer in Wayne County, Michigan. I have a small business and had a dumpster through this garbage company - big mistake! I've had their rusty dumpster out in front of my business for seven years. They claimed I signed a contract with them back in 2010, I don't recall signing any contract with them at all as I don't like to be tied into any sort of legal obligation without any good reason. My monthly charges started out at $58 per month, which has been steadily going up ever since 2010. My last bill in 01/17 was $109 for the month, oh they have it padded with all sorts of erroneous charges like environmental fees, refreshment fee $9? etc.

I tried quitting them a year ago and they never did "call me back". That's what they say when you want to discontinue their fraudulent scammer service, they'll have someone call you, they never call unless you threaten them with legal action. Don't call us, we'll call you BS. I tried quitting them again back in 11/16 and they never called then either. In 01/17 when I threatened them with legal action, one of their snide, sarcastic "account specialists" called and informed me that I couldn't quit as I had a contract with them. They said "we have your signature on it and you're locked in for another three years".

These SCAMMERS roll you in to a contract without your knowledge and renew it every three years without your knowledge and then try to hold you to it, I'm quite sure that is ILLEGAL. I told these people I simply want to quit, they threatened me with the balance of the contract ($3924), I told them what they could do with their contract and we could let a judge decide that if they wish. They said, "well there is a balance on the account for the last month" which they didn't render any trash pickup service whatsoever. I requested that the last month's charges be removed as we weren't using it and I had already informed them of that and for them to come pick up their dumpster. They said they would. They are liars. They did pick the dumpster up in a few days. This morning I open a letter from a collection agency dunning me for the last month. These SOB's turned me over to a collection agency damaging my credit score.

Allied/Republic needs to be investigated by State/Federal authorities for fraudulent business practices. Price-gouging, entrapment and fraud. I should have known with them operating under two different names, they were typical thieves operating under an alias. Judging by the reviews here, they've burnt many people. What are the authorities waiting for? P.S. Just found out the $9/month refreshment fee is for painting the dumpster, the bent up rusty POS dumpster, I was paying $9 a month for them to keep it looking nice? What a joke these people are.

I've been fighting this for one year. They continuously fail to pick up my trash and recycling bin. I put them out the night before. When I go out to see if they're gone they're still sitting here with a junk in them. It is now Wednesday it's still sitting out there. I called, they promise today which is Wednesday. Well I left it outside it's still there with the junk in them. I do have Door to Door Service apparently it's not working. I'm tired of fighting this. I have rheumatoid arthritis. It's very hard for me to maneuver these garbage pails. I wish somebody would straighten this mess out.

If you own multiple properties the billing system is not designed for such unlike water and electricity. At one of my properties with the new garbage system all the houses have to take the cans to the end of the street and then play fetch as the new trucks can not get down the street. They leave stuff behind now. Customer Service is horrible and they just put a lien on your house even if the billing issue is a mistake on the company's side. So basically they got you by the balls. I'm shocked that this system is one the people of Vegas tolerate. I am assuming as the used to Mafia type people running the town.

I was forced to use Republic waste for my trash pickup because it was put in my taxes. Now I have a problem with this company. They have not picked up my trash in two weeks! They keep saying they're coming but never do!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

Republic Services is the major company used through the south of Nevada, for commercial and residential. Here where I work they have the bad habit of missing way too much, it affects me personally for I am one of the custodians. The garbage piles up and we have no more room. They are prompt to collect the expensive bill, but to do what they get the pay for. It a shame that there is no other choice for us.

Last May 2016, Republic was picking up our trash and their truck attendant knocked over the large trash bin. When attempting to pull the bin up it dragged and scratched my son's car. I have been on the phone with customer service, managers and met with people numerous times to review what happened and to see the damage and have been trying to resolve for 8 months. Also gave them an estimate. Nothing has happened and I believe they have no intention of fixing or giving us money to fix it. I feel at this point I need to get the attorney general involved, report to one of the news stations and install cameras so if something like this happens again it is caught on film. I'm tired of big companies thinking they can get away with things like this. I will do what I need to do to resolve this situation. Hopefully it will also help others who have had similar situations with this company.

It started with the break-down of the vehicle that we used to transport trash to the dump. Could not find a local company to pick up trash because we are rural. Finally find out Republic can do it. I go online to sign up in September. I got a stock email that someone would contact me in 24 hours. Over a week passed before I tried again. Same email. Three days later I called in. They set up service telling me they would drop my trash container in 5-7 days and my pickup day would be a Monday. 10 days later we still have no can. I email them. I get a response. It should be there in a couple of days and pickup will be on a Friday.

We are now a month into this process and my trash is piling up. Every three or four days I call in and each time it's something else. They don't know why I don't have the can. Once someone got hateful with me (I'm always nice to them) and said it takes more than a couple of days to get the can. It had been a couple of weeks by then.

It was the end of October before we got the can after it took them a week to find my house which by itself was ludicrous. Three miles from the interstate and one turn later our house is seen long before you get there, is the first house you see on our street, has the number on the house and the mailbox but they couldn't find it for a week. Oh, and the pickup day wasn't Monday or Friday. It is Wednesday. Right as we get the can we got our first invoice. They billed me for the month of October. It was literally the end of October when we got the can. We hadn't had service yet. I called and they acted like I was an annoyance but promised to credit the account.

Considering I had a month and a half's worth of trash piled up, the one can was not going to take care of the issue. I had asked for another can temporarily or a one time pickup of the extra trash. Every time I asked they acted like no one has ever asked for such a thing. They are a trash company and had no plan for how to solve this issue. It is the middle of January and it was today after numerous unanswered emails and unreturned calls that they finally agreed to pick up the extra trash. I have never encountered this level of incompetence and terrible customer service. If it wasn't for the fact that there's no other option for trash pick up, I would cancel in a heartbeat.

My former trash pickup service was bought out by this company. Since then, the price for pick up has steadily been going up! Past $30 as of this past year. During a rough time in September I was late on my payment. The company picked up their trash can in early October during the time my wife was having our baby. I went ahead and signed up with a local MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE service and called Republic to see what money I still owed. With no call back or further statements, I assume my account paid up.

Then three months later I receive a letter from them threatening to send my account to a collection agency! After several attempts I finally get a hold of a service rep who tells me I still owe money, including a trash can pick up fee AND a service suspension fee. The rep could not explain why they were charging a suspension fee on top of the other fees. I can understand having to pay for the labor and gas to pick up the can; but to ALSO charge a separate 'suspension' fee of $35 on top of that is ridiculous and makes no sense other than pure greed. So now, I am enjoying a much more reliable service from a Local 'mom n pop' service for only $21 per month!

Truck number 2002 written at the back of the truck. Lincoln Elementary School between 1:00-1:15 PM 1/13/2017. Truck driver is rude! I was driving in to the school pick-up area to pick up my son and the truck was making the round. I'm waiting for the truck to finish dumping the trash. The driver came out to push the 3 bins back to its place and his big arm waved like telling me to move like a boss because he will back up. He's face was grumpy and kind of angry. Did not even say thanks! Bearded old guy. RUDE RUDE RUDE!

In November my online account had a zero balance correctly since I pay ON TIME quarterly. In December it added 78.43 (which included late fees/admin fees) and a charge of 63.18. All of which was wrong since payment wasn't due until January 4, 2017. And total read 144.43. Called 12/17 and after many questions not being answered. Was told it was being taken care of. Was told system only updates once a month which turns out to be wrong since on 12/26 called again and told it was taken care of. 12/29 finally takes off another 66.00 leaving 113.43. Regular quarterly payment posts on 1/6/17. But still leaving the charges of 50.25 still owing.

Called again and was told credits hadn't been processed. Asked how come each time I call they tell me it is being taken care of and credits done. Got a hard time and told again it had just been entered. Asked why was I told for almost 2 months it was taken care of. Was then asked nastily if that was all I needed. So now after 2 discontinue notices and all these charges that seem to come out of the air account still shows balance of 50.25 and customer service is not even cordial. Told them each time I call I am told it is clear and taken care of and then it continues. Have never seen a customer service that is this rude. I asked was I the only one their system was doing this to. No response. Horrible customer service.

We have had Republic Services for about a year or so. We have never had any real problems other than drivers driving way too fast down our street. Until recently... The week following the Christmas holiday (so you know we had a lot of trash) my husband and I set the trash out at 430am that morning of our service thinking it was a normal trash day. So Wednesday came and went and our trash still stood (Now mind you, we live rural where there are lots of wild animals that would love to get into our trash. Not to mention it is colder than you know know what out here...NW Wisconsin). So we looked at our schedule and thought that maybe since we had a holiday on Sunday that they were running a day late. So we called and got someone in AZ I believe who reassured us that we were on the schedule and that they would pick up that day.

We waited and still no pick up so we called again. This time we got someone in NC advising us that would be picking our garbage up on Friday (Now our trash in the house is running over because we have no place to put it outside). So again we waited. At about 10am we called again just to be guaranteed pick up by 12noon.

Needless to say 12 noon came and went, at about 5pm we called again. This time my husband had had enough and was very upset and let the person on the phone know as much. This person proceeded to tell my husband that with the correspondence over the email between locations that we were said to be a no show with our can. So basically whoever came to get our trash said that our trash was not out on the curb. This was a flat out lie. That can had been out there for 3 full days. My husband let them know as much and continued to let him know that they had just lost our business to their competitors. This all could have been avoided but I do not appreciate being lied to, giving the runaround and then being called a liar.

They try to find anything to raise the price or charge you for stupid things like refreshing dumpster. $9 each. They raise the price and we have to keep calling them to change the rate. They charged us $55 extra because there was some trash over the line which was ridiculous. They don't give us no money back when it's empty. They should have called just us to inform us some bags were over the line we could have just stuffed, pushed down back in instead of charging $55. They are money-hungers. You want to get screwed than get this service. WE are canceling our service once our contract is over. Ridiculous company. I wished if I had looked at the reviews before. I wish there was negative star.

After the worst service imaginable, like having to call every week for the compost pick up, being instructed to haul more than ten bags to the front and then the back and then still no pick up, to be punctuated by eight days of calls end of season with no pick up of mounds of leaves, being told to wait for next year, I cancelled service. I wasn't a customer for a full year. Now, 21 months after canceling, I can't get them to stop calling me about holiday pick up changes and emailing me the same. Emails, calls, receiving assurance it would end only followed by their repeated harassment of calls. I've now contacted my state Attorney General and reported them to the Federal "Do Not Call" registry. I've never received such horrible service. Oh and they charge to have their bins removed! Never use them!

Of course, once contracted the company can do anything or nothing for their consumers, with no recourse available to the customer. Now, as there are no alternatives, my only recourse is to put what I believe is this useless post, and petition my town to change their contract. I think this will be to no avail anyway.

My account was cancelled by mistake. Clearly an error on their part. They took the trash and the can. I thought the can was stolen. My account was closed by mistake. They had to reinstate my account. After 8 calls and 3 weeks later, still no can... 8 calls... I called and told the supervisor if I don't have a can out in 24 hours, I will pack the truck and drop the trash on your door step. I'm holding for a response.

We received email from them regarding declined payment, then call them try to make sure the payment method is right. Sandy - hang up two times and put me on hold for 12 mins. Tasha - so rude!!! Joyce - keeps talking, doesn't want to listen, then hang up my phone call!!! Jay - finally he's the only one tell me what's that email about. He's blame my accent and insist to charge me $3.72 fee which is their mistake. I wish this review able to accept zero star!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I am so upset because there is no noticed on the invoice that we receive from Republic Services (RABANCO) that it's possible to cancel/hold (Yard Waste) service during winter or the time when you are not using the Yard Waste Cart. (paying $15.95 each month) They did not even give a service last week to pick up the garbage. Does that mean we get our money back? Need to know how can I get this matter resolved? Thanks.

I have been a customer with this company for over a decade. I called to cancel, finally, because they just kept inflating their prices over and over again. Meanwhile, my service has been mediocre at best, my address hasn't changed, and my trash output hasn't changed. When I cancelled, I was told I would be sent a bill with a pro-rated amount due, since I wasn't going to be using the service for the usual 3 month period. MONTHS later, I am sent a final notice from their "collections department", stating that I have not paid my bill despite "multiple written notices". Really? I have excellent credit and have never been late with a payment in the years I have been with this company. This so called "final notice" was the first bill sent to me. No phone call, no email, nothing certified. Disgusting. I will never do business with this company again.

For my business it was absolutely horrible. They dropped a new container stating the old one was rusted. I talked to the driver who said it was a complimentary. My business was then charged not only $200 for the container but also a high fuel recovery charge. Called and had to fight to get the $200 removed (thought) and the fuel recovery dropped. Never happened. Called back and finally after 45+ minutes received a supervisor. For my personal home service also horrible! Had to cancel. They did not p/u 4 times and then asked for the credit - was told do not give credits.

It pains me to have to provide even a 1 star to complete this review; they are undeserving of any star. This company continuously misses scheduled pickups and does not seem concerned when you contact them to complain. After the 4th missed pickup, my complaint was elevated to corporate. However, I never received a return call and my pickups continued to get missed. Finally, I canceled my services. To date, I am still waiting for them to pick up the trash missed over a week ago, despite 2 phones calls and 2 scheduled pickup dates they have come and gone. I have found a new service but still need for them to pick up what was missed. I don't know how Republic Services stay in business. I have decided to forward my complaint to BBB. Dealing with this company is exhausting!

I'm very disappointed, because when I first signed for the services, I was told that in the case that my company had to close, the fee for the container removal was going to be $50.00. Sadly I had to close my restaurant. I called them and talk to a nice lady in customer service, explaining, that I did not have enough money to pay all the bills, and was closing my restaurant. Republic Services charged me $220.00 to remove the trash container and the recycling container!! It is outrageous. They are located really close to my restaurant. I think they don't care about the customer. Definitely the next time, when I open another restaurant I will find another company.

I've had to call Republic Waste numerous times to have them actually empty the trash receptacle, only to be disappointed the following week during trash pickup. I haven't had any satisfactory answer as to why this happens (for 5 months now) and will look to see if other options are available in this area. Their service is HORRIBLE.

This company services is Horrible. I don't know where to began. They've missed my pickup a few times without notifying me. The reason was they said their workers were running behind and they couldn't pick up until following day and of course that was told to me after I had to call in to them. I also made a payment to them about 3 weeks ago and I was wondering why the payment wasn't drafted out of my bank account yet. And I called the company and the young lady explained to me that my payment was made and I was fine.

I got a letter about a week later stating that they're suspending my services and charge me late fees. Come to find out my payment was processed incorrectly. The young lady and I called my bank to verify that the funds were available at the time I paid my bill and I was told by the young lady that she was waiving the late fees and the suspension and that wasn't done. Today is November 1st. They was supposed to pick up my trash and didn't pick because they just told me when I called that my services was suspended. Again a mistake and the young lady just had to refix the issue again. This company is horrible.

Republic Services raised our monthly fee without any notice, just sent a bill. When I called about it, they said they checked with other local services and needed to raise it to be competitive. I canceled our service and switched to another local service with a price lower than what we previously paid Republic Services and very much lower than what they are now trying to charge people. I was told they would send someone to get the container, but then they sent a bill for doing this. That container was provided as part of our service, for which we paid a monthly fee. If they didn't want to pick it up, we would have kept it. I refuse to pay for them picking up something that belonged to them and was paid for monthly. They are now threatening to send our names to a collection agency. They lied about the local services' prices and they are just out to charge people whatever they can.

Ever since the City of Dickinson contracted with this company life has been hell. They miss pickups, lie about everything, stopped service for no reason, sent a false claim to collection agency, overcharged me, refusing to correct, and now hold the threat of stopping service if overcharge is not paid which will lead to city shutting my water service. Doesn't that sound like extortion? On my last attempt to remedy by phone they hung up on me.

This is the second time since I moved in that they have not picked up my trash. I just moved in. I have boxes. Sometimes I use the boxes as trashcans to put trash in so that the whole thing can go on the truck. Not with these trash divas. If the box is too tall (like 3 feet), they won't take it. If it's heavy (I'm 62 and I put it curbside myself), they won't pick it up. If there's anything that they don't like, they won't take it. If they might break a nail, they won't take it. If it's the wrong color, they won't take it. They are a bunch of lazy trash divas, and when their contract comes up for renewal at our condo, I will recommend that we go with someone else. I'm on the board.

I called them Tuesday 10/4/16 and told them my trash (nor the neighbor across from me) was picked up. She said they would try and get someone there by Wednesday evening. She looked and said the driver said it wasn't at the curb. My can was out there since Saturday evening, I told her that wasn't true and that they just missed our street. Because it was a lie, I made a complaint and someone was to call me back, they haven't. I have an extra can (fairly new) that I just use for clippings. They came by Tuesday evening and crushed the extra can. It was a company with another name and she said it was also theirs and they weren't responsible for my cans. I have put it out before and there was nothing wrong with it. I asked to speak to a supervisor who was suppose to call within 24 hours and again hasn't. When they picked up my can, they left my neighbor's. We are the only two on the block who use them. They stink.

If you are one of the unlucky victims of having to deal with this company I would recommend running as fast as you can to look for other services. Not only do they change service agreements in the middle of the billing cycle they fail to pick up trash and recycle on a regular basis and fail to follow up. When they do pick-up they leave empty cans in the middle of the driveway, in flower beds or worse in the road. Calls to customer service are a waste of time as nothing they promise is ever carried out. The worst part is if they owe you money for any reason they hold it instead of refunding as they promise to do. This is the worse trash removal company by far in the last 30 years that I have had service with. Look at all the BBB complaints!

Since signing with Republic Services Waste Management our nonprofit organization has experienced fraudulent charges, been overcharged, had a rate increase almost every month, went without garbage pick-ups on more several occasion (then they tried to charge extra because they had to pick up on an "off day" to make up for the day THEY missed), have had our driveway and drain pipes damaged by the dumpster driver, have had to twice move the edge of the dumpster off of the road where it was placed (after being dumped) in a very dangerous location to automobile drivers, and have had to pick up trash strewn all the way down the road from the dumpster truck driver's sloppiness. I have called their office numerous times to try to resolve these issues but your hold times of 45 minutes to 1.5 hours are outlandish. (The IRS actually answers the phone faster than Republic Services.)

We tried to switch companies only to find out that we were locked into a 3-year contract. So we decided to downsize the dumpster thinking we would save a little (and also be able to push it out of the road more easily on dumping day). But, switching sizes of dumpsters actually locks you in to a new 3-year contract. We are now in the process of sending a certified letter to the company (which they require) in order to cancel our contract. Republic Services is just one irritating thing after another after another after another. Bottom line - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Republic Services Company Profile