2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

2.8/5 (385 ratings)

About Republic Services

Republic Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Republic Services has got to be the very worst trash collection service on planet Earth. Republic has continued to miss collection on scheduled days. As of the writing, my trash has not been collected in four weeks and my account is automatically paid on time each month. Even after multiple calls to customer service (located out-of-state), and many promises to make things right, Republic continues to fail miserably. I have never dealt with so many inept people. They should change the name from "Republic" to "Lip" Service. WARNING: DO NOT USE REPUBLIC SERVICES EVER!!!

Republic Services response

Hello, We apologize for your frustrations. We'd like to look into this. Please private message your service address, including the zip code and a good contact number. Please allow up to 24 business hours for a response to your message. Thank you

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

A couple of years ago they didn't pick up my trash. I called and they said that they had redone their routes and somewhere in the process they dropped our house off all the routes. So they said to put all the trash (the bin and any extra bags) out next week. They said they wouldn't charge for the extra bags, which they didn't. But why even say that? Obviously, I wouldn't expect to pay for the "extra bags" which is last week's trash you didn't pick up.

Now again they didn't pick up our trash last Wednesday. I emailed Thursday and received no response so I called customer service Friday afternoon. They said a pick-up was scheduled for Monday. They should have sent an email telling me they had received my email and the pick-up was scheduled. However, Monday comes and the trash was not picked up. I guess I'll be calling them tomorrow. If you have a choice where you live of trash service, I would choose someone else. They don't seem to care if they actually pick the trash up or not. They never forget to take the payment out of my bank account though.

Republic Services response

Hello Liz, we apologize for the breakdown in service. We would be glad to look further into this issue, please send this a private message with your address and your contact information. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Had a great experience with Republic Services. I had a missed pick up which I understand can happen but we had family over and really needed our bins empty. From the first time I called they seemed to make it a priority which was good. The very first rep I talked to got some information mixed up, no big deal but the second rep got me in contact with a supervisor who was very understanding and she sent an email to my city of Palm Bay. A gentleman called not 20 minutes later. He apologized and assured my bins would be emptied on Saturday which was perfectly fine. They were here early and even put my bins up for me. I've been in the service industry for 15 years and I have to say I am impressed and I'm also very thankful. I only wish I would've got there names so I could put them on here.

Sincerely,

Dennis **

Republic Services response

Hello Dennis, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Republic Services has a long and proud history of reliably meeting the needs of our customers. We are very proud of our dedicated team of professionals who take personal responsibility for serving our customers with care. We appreciate your business!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I called for a quote for commercial trash service and was sent half of the proposal without an explanation of charges. I called back the next day to get clarification of the charges that appeared on the proposal and was on hold for at least 30 minutes before somebody answered the phone. Once a live agent answered the phone, she mumbled the company greeting with a tone that sounded like "why are you bothering me". I explained the nature of my call and asked if she could help me. She said "what don't you understand" in a tone that was like a mother scolding her child. I explained that my proposal was not complete and that I didn't understand the abbreviations used for the charges as they were never discussed during my initial call. She went on to mumble each charge using the same "trash company" terminology that was on the proposal. When I asked her to define the trash company's terminology without the attitude and to enunciate her words so I could understand what she was saying, she immediately became argumentative and disconnected the call.

I had to call back and wait another 30 minutes for my call to be answered to get the answers I needed to understand the proposal. The wait time is bad enough. That coupled with a very rude employee was enough for me to decide on another more expensive trash service for the business. I don't mind paying more for good service. I would not recommend Republic Services based on their lack of customer service even before you are a customer. It only gets worse once you become a customer under contract.

Republic Services response

Hello Lestine, we are very sorry that you had a negative experience with our customer service representative. We would like to look into this issue right away please send us a private message with the address or your phone number so we can see who you spoke to. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

The company does not pick up recycles on a regular basis. They supposedly send out robo calls to say it will be the next day, the next week. I never get these calls. I am ending my service and they have not picked up my recycles.

Republic Services response

Hello Leara, we apologize for the breakdown in service. We would be glad to look into this issue, please send us a private message with your address and contact information.We hope to hear from you soon!

Resolution response: Oct. 4, 2021

After five weeks and multiple calls new can was delivered on Friday.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Being charged for large can, have a small can. I’ve called once or twice a week for the past 5 weeks to have cans switched out. I been told, "Leave it out. It will get switched on Friday." "Sometimes they do it on Sunday." "I supervised. Will call you." "Our system says it was switched." It wasn’t. I get different responses each time. I still have a small can.

Republic Services response

Hello Michelle, we would be glad to look into this for you please send us a private message with your address and contact information. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Rented dumpster a little over a week in advance. Scheduled for dumpster to be dropped on 9/23. Had the drop date one day early so that the dumpster would be available first thing in the morning of 9/24 a Friday, with intent of being able to utilize it all weekend. Was promised by two separate Republic representatives when I called that it would be delivered 9/24. Still hasn't been delivered, now stuck waiting till Monday. Losing money having to wait. Lousy customer service, no response when I emailed their customer support. High priced dumpster rental rate also.

Republic Services response

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

My trash has not been picked up in eight days. Last week was a Holiday so I thought my pick up would be delayed one day. Friday is my normal pickup day so I thought Monday at the latest. I came home Monday and the trash was still sitting in front of my house. I called "customer service" and was told it would be picked up on Tuesday. I came home Tuesday and the trash was still in front of the house. I called and again (keep in mind that I was on hold thirty plus minutes every time I called.) I was told that it would be picked up on Wednesday and that the issue would be escalated to the Operations Manager. Great I thought! My trash would surly be picked up on Thursday. Big Surprise! Came home Thursday and the trash was still there.

I once again called "customer service" and was told that my trash would be picked up on Friday. This is my normal pick up day. Guess what? Trash is still on my curb. I again called "customer service" and was told that it would be picked up on Tuesday! So eight days later my trash would be picked up. I will cancel my account with Republic Services for my residential service but also for the seven stores that I use for trash and recycling needs! Good Job! Republic Services! You just lost eight accounts. I understand being understaffed with Covid and all the Craziness going on in the world but don't tell your customers that you will pickup the next day four times in a week and you do not deliver.

Republic Services response

Hello Bobby, Please accept our apologies for your frustration. We would like to contact the local division on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private message with your address and contact information. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Absolutely disgusting service - would give a negative 10 if could. We canceled our service due to price increase without notice and found new service for half the cost. We were then billed again for the next month - CS said they were deleting the charge - then we were billed for the can pickup which we were not advised of. CS agreed after lengthy argument to delete this charge as well. 2 months later we’ve received notice that we are being turned over to collections for non payment. We’ve paid it because it’s just no longer worth arguing about it.

Republic Services response

Hello Earleen, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. We would like to look into your billing concern. Please send me a private message and with your service address and best phone number. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I was out of town for a few weeks, while I was, I sent in my payment, when I returned home I received a notice, in the mail, that stated automatically my trash was on hold, you did not even need to pick it up during the 2 weeks I was gone 1st of all, 2nd of all you said it was late,? There is no services that can automatically stop service for a late payment, phone, electric, gas etc. They always send out a notice that it was late as required and add a small $5 fee, they do not just stop service after 25 years using your company. This is very sad. They are not held to the same rules as other municipalities are. I am also making a complaint to my attorney general's office. This $35 fee is pure taking money from the consumer especially since you received my payment already and you say it was on hold, because it was late? This again after 25 years as a customer.

Republic Services response

Hi Jim, We apologize for your frustrations regarding this billing issue. We'd like to look into this. Please send me a private message and with your service address and best phone number. Thank you.

Republic Services Company Information