2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

3.3/5 (383 ratings)

About Republic Services

Republic Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

We have been with Republic Services for about 20 years. Have found them to be consistently reliable and professional. During snow, since we signed up for phone notifications, I get notified in a timely manner of any schedule changes. They have also been very accommodating when we had special requests (large items etc).

Republic Services response

Hello Asma, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Republic Services has a long and proud history of reliably meeting the needs of our customers. We are very proud of our dedicated team of professionals who take personal responsibility for serving our customers with care. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Had a large amount of yard waste at curb. The company removed the entire amount. This is the first time I ever had the entire amount removed in one P/U. They left the area clean, WHAT A GREAT JOB, Professional.

Republic Services response

Hello Robert, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Republic Services has a long and proud history of reliably meeting the needs of our customers. We are very proud of our dedicated team of professionals who take personal responsibility for serving our customers with care. We appreciate your business!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2020

And employee gave us his Father’s Day present that he had got from the Republic Services and they also give back to the community. When COVID-19 hit they still go back to the community. They are a great group of people and should be acknowledged and I would like to personally think Rodney ALD from Vidalia Georgia great work. Thank you.

Republic Services response

Hello Ashley, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Republic Services has a long and proud history of reliably meeting the needs of our customers. We are very proud of our dedicated team of professionals who take personal responsibility for serving our customers with care. We appreciate your business! DR

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 1, 2021

I have had service with them for only a few months. In this time I have had to call customer service 8 times. The first call to start services went well. I was told they would bring me a can in a couple days. I specifically asked when I would get it because the previous owners left a lot of trash. So I wait 3 days just in case. I call customer service. She says they haven't been my way yet but it will be there before garbage day. The day before garbage day I call again. I was told I would have it by 5:30. Garbage day comes, no garbage can still. I call again, I am told it was scheduled to be dropped off by 5:30. I call again. I am told you all have a week to bring the can. After attitude, as if she had to bring it, she agrees to put in an order to get a can dropped off.

Two weeks after I started services I am finally able to use my waste removal services. Everything is fine until my son was placed in ICU. I forgot to pay the bill. So when I realized it I paid the bill including a reconnect fee. This was on a Monday. I sat my can out that Thursday. It was still full. So I called customer service. She says it went through as paid but maybe the driver didn't see it before he left for his route. So she said she would put it in for a missed pickup buy they may not get it until Friday.

I left it out Friday, no one came. I called Friday around noon, again she was rude. She said the driver has until 5:30 to pick it up. Memorial day was Monday so I call Tuesday. I immediately ask for a supervisor. She agrees but asks to know what it is about so she knows what supervisor to send me to. I tell her all this. She is very apologetic about my situation and explains that she would like to help but she feels a supervisor would be able to help more than her.

She puts me on hold and contacts a supervisor. The supervisor asks how she can help. I have to explain the situation again. When I am done she says she will place an order for a missed pickup. I explained that that's what I have been told for 4 days now. She says that is all she can do. So I told her I wasn't going to get off the phone until she could tell me exactly when it will be picked up. She said I would be talking to myself because she wasn't staying on the phone. I am not sure how this company can charge for services for 2 weeks without providing services. Customer service is a joke.

Republic Services response

Hello Melisha, Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize for any inconvenience and would like to look into this. Please send me a private message and include your service address and contact information.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 27, 2021

We have called numerous times and they still haven't shown up. Completely overflowing. And when they do finally show up they leave the trash around the dumpster. Do NOT use them. They also do not have a section to leave a review on their website AND don't let you use a web browser they can't track. The worst ever. I wish I could upload the pictures.

Republic Services response

Hello Patricia, Please accept our apologies for this breakdown in service. We would love to have the opportunity to resolve this issue. Please send us a private message with your service address and contact information. Thank you!

Original review: May 26, 2021

I had the worst experience today with customer service. I spoke to five reps and none of them knew how to handle my call. The worst was Juan when trying to explain my conversation with the previous rep. He rudely said, "You are talking to me now," notated the account and just told me what I need to do rushing the conversation to get rid of me. Unfortunately I'll call back to order more service but I will not talk to this rep ever again.

Republic Services response

Hi Silvia, I am so sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us. We take pride in serving our customers. Please send me a private message and include your service address and contact information so we can look into this. Thank you.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I called them to cancel my service but they don't let me cancel, I asked customer service on the phone but they said they don't know. After multiple attempt, they make me write a certified letter to mail it in. I did, they received it. Then they email me & said that I have to sign the paper to get charge $50 for remove the container. Which should be no charge since they already charge me $200 to deliver when I signed the contract 4 years ago. They told me that there is no other choice. I went ahead and agree to pay $50, but they sneak in the contract to renew without any notice & now they told me if I can't cancel it. Every time, I called the main number, the customer service always say they put in a case & call me but no one call me.

Republic Services response

Hi Aj, Please accept our apologies for your frustration. Please send us a private message with your address and contact information. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Original review: May 6, 2021

I tried calling 3x to cancel my services and the customer rep said they will ask the account manager (Xaviar ** at Western Way, Jacksonville FL) but he did not called back after the 4th day. He said he was on vacation! Ok so nobody can cancel their services when the account manager or rep is on vacation...! Secondly I sent in the official letter to cancel. He received the letter but he said it needs to be CERTIFIED LETTER and the reason he said was that it needs be acknowledgement of them receiving the letter. He already received the letter in the first place and with many emails correspondence he still insist of certified letter!

They are trying to delay the cancellation date so that they can charged me for more pick up. What a horrible company policies and very bad account rep! Never ever go to this company for your trash services. And oh they required 3 years of contract. They never mentioned that when you sign the contract! Very angry and dissatisfied customer.

Republic Services response

Hi Willie, Please accept our apologies for your frustration. Please send us a private message. Please include your address and contact information. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Original review: May 4, 2021

They do have very kind customer service reps. That’s it. Service is terrible and I’m constantly calling so I can get my garbage picked up because they didn’t pick it up. No reason for it either besides “unforeseen circumstances” that I wouldn’t have even got that much info if I hadn’t called. Today is Tuesday and now they’re saying it won’t be picked up until Thursday. This comes after they just raised my rate. Do not use this company.

Republic Services response

Hello Sara, we apologize for your frustrations, we would like to reach out to the local team to address any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private message with your service address and contact information. Thank you!

Original review: May 4, 2021

This company has the worst billing department. If their trash pick up services and their monthly cost weren't so good, we would leave in a minute. Plan to call EVERY quarter regarding incorrect charges that aren't on your contract.

Republic Services response

Hi Kathy, please accept our apologies for your frustrations. If there is something we can still look into, send me a private message with additional details and include your service address, contact information, and a copy of your post. Thank you.

Republic Services Company Information