Republic Services Reviews

Stars Rating

• 2%
  • 87%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

Reviewed June 22, 2024

Signed up with this company 3 weeks ago…Paid deposit, and no service. Called every day, promised by the end of the day, and nothing. Just got a bill for 3 weeks of service…Are you kidding? Lousy service (actually no service) and lazy drivers. They miss about half of our neighbors as well. Go elsewhere if you want garbage service.

Pinned

Bob, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed June 20, 2024

What a joke of a company this is! My family had paid for three months garbage pick up in advance, but then the company changed some of their policies regarding pick up and having to use special cans, so we cancelled almost immediately and went to another service. We were told we would get a $180.72 refund check in the mail within a few weeks, it's been almost a month and still no refund check!! In this day and age why aren't you refunding people electronically?? Did you send the check by Pony Express by chance? We've been on the phone at least five times trying to get our refund. What an absolute joke to be waiting this long for so much money that my family desperately needs! Shameful company.

Pinned

Courtney, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Emily increased rating by 4 stars.
      Contract & Terms
      After a positive interaction with Republic Services, Emily increased their star rating.

Original Review: June 19, 2024

Horrible company! Do not do business with them! Our trash company was purchased by Republic and somehow you just automatically have to agree to their cancellation terms without signing any documentation. So if you want to cancel with the company, you have to pay their cancellation fees That is 100 percent illegal. This place should be investigated.

Pinned

Emily, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed June 18, 2024

Although I’ve been paying for services with Republic Services for years, I can’t seem to get a bulk pick up yet. After call in numerous times to get one table picked up my table still sits out at the street. Shame on Republic Services.

Pinned

Shawn, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your Bulk and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 17, 2024

For many years, I have been forced to have Republic Services service my trash bins for apartments in the City of Los Angeles, and it keeps getting worse. The bad part about it is that I don't have a choice! For now I am stuck with poor service and service fees that increase substantially every January 1 like clockwork. They just added a new tiny green can for $111 per month and have pick that up only when I call and complain. I used to have control over who I paid to service my bins and if that was the case today, Republic Services would be fired immediately. But since I know they can't be fired for drivers constantly missing pick ups and poor customer service, they ignore my complaints and no changes are made.

A city inspector told me I need to take a picture of the overflowing bin with a time stamp the day before pick up, and take another picture the day after the RS pick-up is scheduled, then report it to the City! He was serious too! I call the City of LA and they document my concerns and reach out to RS, but nothing changes. I have called Republic's area manager and they don't do anything. Nobody cares about customer service anymore. Back when I had control over who I hired, I didn't have these problems. I guess having a lame Mayor doesn't help either.

Pinned

Hello Ronald, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your trash pick up and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 16, 2024

If I could leave less than one star I would... Consistent late pick-ups, doesn't empty entire can frequently...sloppy! AND the customer service is terrible with a website that just runs you in circles and a terrible phone service. Avoid this company if you can.

Pinned

Hi Phantasm, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

If I could give a big fat 0 I would. Never follows through. Always just drops cans and they bust. Never grabs bulk pickup. They have promised me a call back 3 different times within 24hrs and nothing in 2 weeks. This company is nothing but slobs.

Pinned

Hello Samantha, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by our service team and for failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Billing person Danielle was very rude. When I called up she just interrupted me and said, "What is your name?" in a very rude tone. I asked her to explain the charges of my bill and she was not very helpful. We had recently signed up for service in Columbus Ohio and were told by the rep to try 2 cubic feet and then they can swap out to 6 cubic feet. We were never told that there is almost a $400 charge. When I called up Daniele was rude and not willing to even talk about the charge when I was never informed.

Pinned

Hello Jay, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced with our customer service and for failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Absolutely horrible trash service and customer service. The lies and lack of pride in their company definitely shows. They promise to make good on their mistakes but never follow through. Don't waste your money on service you will never receive.

Pinned

Hi Susan, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. Please

Resolution In Progress
      Customer ServiceContract & TermsPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Had a business account for 6 years. Closed business to put up for sale. Paid for 6 months of an empty pickup and could not afford it any longer. When I called to see about cancelling suggested they were wasting gas and time as dumpster was not use. I was told I need to call 60 days before contact renewal auto renewed. I asked when that was so I could be on top of it. I was transferred several times and told they didn't know. I had to talk to an account mgr. Her name was Nikesha. She was so vague and avoided me.

When I finally connected she would not give me a date until I signed something saying I understood it would be over $600 fees to "cancel" early even though I didn't know when that was? Reluctantly I did and low and behold two weeks later the account mgr left me a voice saying my account has auto renewed for 36 months! That I would have had to cancel 60 days ago or I could transfer if and when my business sold! I started this convo two weeks shy of the 60 days not knowing the actual contract date. I have been a customer for many years with no missed payments and they are charging me for empty dump on a closed business. I cancelled my residential service as my only recourse. Shady business practices! Go anywhere else!!

Pinned

Susan, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Resolution In Progress