1.2/5 (169 ratings)

About Republic Services

Republic Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 16, 2022

We bought a new house and moved away from our old house in December 2021. Early January we called Republic trash to cancel their services. We kept getting bills saying past due. We had auto payments but our credit card expired about the time I cancelled, so I never gave them a new card. In March after they sent a letter threatening collections, I called them again, they said that the bill was still due as they didn't see the account was closed. I paid the $80 something bill, they said that it was now cancelled. In April we received another bill and I called them again. The person I spoke with said that they could see that the account was closed, but I overpaid and should not have paid that bill. They said that pick up of trash and recycling bins would cost $60 something and that they would pick up the bins and send us a check for the difference and to disregard the bill.

This entire time the trash bins have been out at the street for pick up since December. This week (mid-May) we received another bill and a voicemail saying amount is severely past due and as of yesterday the bins were still by the street. Today I called again. Over an hour of holding, once a minute having to press 2 to continue holding, they didn't know why I was getting another bill but said not to worry about it and that they would again request that the bins get picked up. At this point we do not know if this is resolved, we do not know yet if there has been reporting to our credit for the supposed late pays. We were satisfied with their services for 8 or 9 years, we paid the bills promptly, and this is the thanks we get for doing business with them. Never again.

Republic Services response

Christi, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Original review: May 13, 2022

If you are looking for a business that is just out to make as much money as possible while providing the lowest possible amount of customer service, look no further. They doubled my bill, and then tried to play it off as a “fuel charge.” They missed my pick up (after I set my can out at the normal time I do every week), and played it off as my fault. I cancelled with them, and will certainly recommend anyone else. Stay away.

Republic Services response

Adam, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I have been with this company for over 8 years, one would think, that being a large company, they would be more professional and let their customers know they are selling your account to another company, PRIOR to the other company walking in my door. Not only did they not tell me they were selling our account, which was closed out as of 04/30 with no access to my online account & they still withdrew $ from my bank account on 05/10 - for the month of May! When I called they said - oh just be patient we will be transferring the money to the new company. I also received a bill from the new company dated the same day from the old company for the month of May- Then to top it all off, the new company comes in and introduced himself and then asked where he puts the lock on our gates so they can come and go whenever they would like!!! Excuse me, I don't think so. you can come during normal business hours, just like everyone else.

Republic Services response

Amanda, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Original review: May 10, 2022

My company began using this company towards the later part of last year. I began having questions with the first invoice and customer service was not helpful at all. As time went on, their invoices were paid on time until, we received one with an extremely high fuel/environmental recovery fee. After months of trying unsuccessfully to get an answer as to how this fee was calculated, I received a demanding email for payment due to me not responding to them; not true at all. I never once received any kind of response from them. Today I finally spoke with someone after 7 months, who gave me the answer I was looking for; however I am not pleased with what this company is doing. They charge a fee on top of another fee and the calculation is still off. Beware of the fees with this company.

Original review: May 6, 2022

We had Republic Services as our trash hauler for many years. It was a continuous nightmare - broken glass in the street, cans that were only half-emptied, recycling and garbage dumped in the street, cans thrown in the middle of the street or blocking the driveway, missed pick ups, etc. etc. etc. We were spending a stupid amount of time registering complaints or just being angry. It was so frustrating and the problems seemed to become more and more frequent. Quitting this company was good for my home's curb value and for our mental health. The local company we went with is pleasant, courteous, and actually does their job. I cannot believe Republic Services can even stay in business. I'll never go back.

Republic Services response

Thank you for sharing your experience. Customer feedback is very important to us here at Republic Services. We apologize for the frustration you experienced. We are sorry to have lost your business

Original review: May 6, 2022

I used this company because the previous owner left the dumpster. They collected the dumpster and didn't deliver another one for 2 weeks but still wanted to pay for the 2 weeks. Recently my bill went up by 35% so I started shopping for a new service. When I called to cancel I was on hold for 20 minutes before a message came on that someone would call me back. Why did I have to wait 20 minutes for that option? When I canceled they offered to match the new price. I declined and was informed there is a $30.00 fee to pick up THEIR dumpster. Don't do business with this company. I found a local company at 1/2 their price.

Republic Services response

Original review: May 5, 2022

I'm the security guard at South St Landing with two enormous trash bins overflowing with garbage for the past 3 days. We have a restaurant and a school with over a thousand people and we can't afford to have these bins stacked up. The garbage bags for the entire building are lined up on the floor thanks to Republics Services incompetence. THEY SUCK!

Republic Services response

Joey, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I rented a dumpster from them and paid in full over the phone with a credit card. I gave them dates to pick up and remove the dumpster. The dumpster wasn't delivered. They chose another day to deliver it without informing me. It set me back a whole weeks worth of progress. When I called to resolve the issue. I was told I would be given a credit to compensate for my troubles. They never did give me a credit even after customer service gave me a date for the check arrival. They instead sent me a bill for another 36 dollars. I don't recommend them at all!

Republic Services response

Christopher, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 2, 2022

When I received my last bill, I called immediately and wondered why it increased so much. They apologized and said there wasn’t anything they could do. I decided to cancel my service. Today I received a call that my payment was late. I don’t know why the different departments don’t communicate with each other to know when people canceled a service. Also they need to work on their customer service skills. Being rude and threatening is not ok.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 30, 2022

This company is all about the fees. I was charged $100 to start with them!! They also charge "pick up" fees when service is cancelled - how about $37 a can!!! They are the worst. Try calling in - customer service is awful - one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. I was told I would be sent a final bill, which I did receive and paid right away...well guess what? I just got another bill in the mail from these guys...STAY AWAY...they are the worst!!!

Republic Services response

Dianna, We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please private message the service address and contact information.

Republic Services Company Information