1.12/5
Based on 120 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a utility company?

373 Republic Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The WORST company I have ever dealt with. The town I live in has had REPUBLIC SERVICES for approx 3 years as our trash removal company. I had some BULK ITEMS that I wanted picked up. I was told to call them and list the items and they would schedule a day for BULK ITEM pickup. I did this. (4) different phone calls over a 2 day period. The first 3 told me that my town DID NOT have REPUBLIC SERVICES for trash removal. I told all 3 that we have had it for at least 3 years. They insisted we didn't and would not schedule a bulk pickup.

On Friday 8/10/18 I called REPUBLIC again for the 5th time. I spoke to a service rep named MONTANA. She was very helpful and saw that my town DID HAVE REPUBLIC SERVICES for services. She stated that she would schedule my BULK pickup for this coming WED 8/15/18. I told her I had a recliner and she stated to put it on the curb and they would pick it up. GREAT!!!

So today Wed 8/15/18. My recliner is still out on the curb. I called REPUBLIC again to confirm my pickup. I spoke to a rep named BRIANNA. I asked to confirm my pickup for today. She tells me that the BULK PICKUP was CANCELED by the company because they DO NOT pick up trash in my town. I went thru this whole thing again with her. She stated she saw my previous calls and complaints on this but this nothing they could do because REPUBLIC does not service my town. I told her that they do and have for 3 years. I even give the usual trash pickup man a XMAS card every year for his service. I guess I must be dreaming all this according to REPUBLIC SERVICES. I wanted to speak to a supervisor. They would not let me. I insisted on speaking to someone in charge. BRIANNA stated that she would call me back in 15 mins. It is now going on approx. 5 hours and I am still waiting for that call.

So I called back after confirming with my town just to show I wasn't crazy that indeed my town has REPUBLIC SERVICES. This rep told me that she sees my complaints and that I did schedule (last Friday) a bulk pickup for today but it was canceled by the company because they do not pick up trash in my town even after she verified that it does. I stated that I wanted someone to pick it up today. She stated that they do not do same day pickups. I stated that they screwed up and not me and that I did everything I was suppose to do. Still my chair still sits on the curb. This company is TRASH. The public service is one of the worst I have ever dealt with. Please take this into consideration if you are thinking of getting REPUBLIC SERVICES. They STINK as bad as the TRASH!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am not sure where to begin. I wish there was a negative star system... This company is basically ripping people off by signing them to their service and not disclosing the non ending delays the customer will experience regarding delivery of the trash cans. When I signed up, I specifically asked that they would confirm the date of can delivery before I stopped my previous service and I was told it will be in a week. They intentionally lied because it's been 4 weeks now and I do not have my trash can... Every time I call they lie again by pushing the date a week further or even promising that it will be delivered that same week.

All I asked is that they be honest and tell me from the beginning about any delay issues they know of so I won't spend time calling, talking to someone to be fed a new story... I don't usually review services but felt compelled to do so thinking of future "victims" who will be lied to... This behavior should not be tolerated in a country where businesses are held accountable for intentionally misleading existing or future customers.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We contacted Republic Services that we were moving at the beginning of the month. They said we had paid for the month and so the account would close at the end of the month. During this time the people who moved in to the old residence, were able to use our equipment, on our money and Republic Services is fine with that! For 21 days, 3 pickups and using other people's leased containers, Republic Services allowed our money to help them catch a prospective customers. And it did not cost them one cent. It cost us. If you were to die July 2, your trash containers would sit there until July 31, and the refund is a joke. You would be charged the entire month while you are in your grave. The practice of this company is horrendous. The policy is geared towards profit against customer relationship.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had two accounts with Republic Services in Tucson Arizona... one in a house I was living in and one in a rental property. After deciding to move into my rental property, I canceled both services (trash and recycling) for both properties on May the 9th. I canceled largely because the service had been intermittent and undependable at my rental property. At one location, they charged me an $86.00 pick-up fee to pick up the trash cans... double charging it. They also did not close the account. Two months later I had to call and request money back and again say the account should be closed. They had picked up the cans two months previously and why the account was still open remains to be seen. They are now telling me that it will take 6 to 8 weeks to refund the overcharge.

At the other property, I just got a bill today (two months after the fact). When I called to find out why I was receiving a bill on a closed account, they informed me that the garbage cans were not available at the property so they were charging me a "replacement fee". I assured them that the cans were at the property on the June 4th scheduled pick up date and to my knowledge, they were still there because the house was unoccupied. They insisted that if they told me that they were to be picked up on the 4th, then I was liable for a replacement fee (even though the cans were there on that date). I told them that I was pretty sure the cans were there, but likely their pickup guys just didn't look for them. They were alongside of the house. They insisted that they were going to charge me the fee because of the note from their pick up guys that said the cans were not at the site.

After we hung up, I drove over to the old house and sure enough, the cans were at the house all along. I rolled them to a conspicuously obvious location and called them back to inform them that they were there and insisted they pick them up in the next 24 hours so this could be done. I also asked that if for some reason, the cans were not longer in front of the house in the driveway, to please check on the side of the house because this homeowners' association does not like things sitting out, so they might move them. We will see if they pick them up or continue to bill me for a replacement fee. This company is undependable and excessively charges for things that other companies don't hassle with you about. They argued with me about these unfair and unnecessary charges. I will never use their services again and would highly recommend that you avoid them if you have any alternatives.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I switched my garbage collection services because I had trouble with my previous service. Besides having trouble getting my first cans delivered I did not have an issue with Republic Services until about a month ago. Usually I had my garbage collected by 6 am every Wednesday and was very pleased. Then the past month, I have been missed and when I called they said they would have them pick up by the following morning. Still nothing. Received call. They would be collecting and to keep the garbage out. Still did not pick up until the following week after my already scheduled day. So, I have now been missed again and have two cans and a huge pile of trash around the cans. It is disgusting and horrible to look at. It is embarrassing to see it sit there for so long! I have an outdoor party this weekend and my embarrassment is great! I would never recommend this company and I am seriously looking into getting another service ASAP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I don't understand how this company is still in business. I am far from the only customer who is tired of the garbage quality of service from this garbage company. Pun intended. After experiencing many missed pick ups over the time I've been at my home, recently events were the final straw. One week I got yet another phone call from them, this time with a voicemail saying service was interrupted (big surprise) and to place my cart to the road for Thursday rather than Wednesday. I did so, and my trash was not picked up. I called. Reported this.

The service rep was confused as to why I had been getting phone calls at all about my service being delayed because I was not in the area affected. I said, "Well if you don't know, I certainly don't know?? What am I to do, call the center each time I get a message to confirm whether or not I should listen to it?" I said, "Look, I don't know what's going on but if I'm not supposed to be getting calls for my area THEN TAKE CARE OF IT." I call this place more than I call my mother! She told me to place it at the road on Sunday and it would be picked up Monday. Fine. I do so. Guess what? It wasn't picked up on Monday.

I call AGAIN, and am by now infuriated, again. I get a polite man on the phone who is understanding of my frustration, and I tell him about the missed pickups, how I have to take time out of my work day to call to get my trash service THAT I'M PAYING FOR (something that should just run automatically without a thought!) and the fact that apparently I'm getting told the wrong information because I'm getting voicemails about when to put my trash to the road when I shouldn't be. I convince him to refund my account for two missed pickups (something they still resist giving for whatever reason) and I told him that it wasn't enough, I wanted more of a credit for my time and aggravation and for their screw ups calling me and telling me the wrong information when they shouldn't have. How hard is it to run a trash company!?

He gives me a refund of $20 for this. He credits my credit card directly and I trust that the matter is settled. What do I get about a week later? A ** invoice for $20. I blow a gasket. I say this is the last straw. I call and explain the situation only to get a rep who is arguing with me over the amount of times I called and whether or not they are allowed to give refunds for missed pickups, and that the man didn't follow procedure because that's not how they give refunds or credits. I said, "It's not my responsibility to make sure he's doing his job correctly and refunding me the way he should!"

I said, "I am not paying a single dime more to this company, nor am I going on a wild goose chase anymore calling one person after another to do anything further to settle this matter! Either you take this invoice off right now or cancel my service!" She said there was nothing she could do, so I said cancel my service right now. And I said, "DON'T EVEN THINK of trying to charge me for a cart return fee, because I'm not paying **."

Then I asked, "Ok since I paid my account 3 months in advance how much of a refund am I getting since I have not gotten ANY service since I paid the account one month ago"... (knowing damn well what she will say) and she says I won't get refunded anything and I cut her off saying, "Yep, that's fine, I'll just call my bank and report fraudulent charges and get my money back that way." Which I have. Screw you Republic, you are worthless!! To everyone else they are trying to scam out of your money, call your bank! Don't let them take your money and run! I will also be reporting them to the BBB. Hopefully they will be put out of business.

Original review: July 31, 2018

On 6/25/18 at 12:42 PM, I was driving on I-465 Southbound behind Republic Services truck 2528. Debris flew off the truck and went straight at my new car, cracking my windshield and scratching the paint on my hood. Contacted Republic within minutes of this happening, and sent photos of the damage (and of their truck in front of me). Over a month later, their claims adjuster finally contacted me saying that they won't pay for the damages and that the debris "must've come from the road". Now I have to pay to have my windshield and hood fixed because of no fault of my own.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I am a commercial customer. When I signed the 3 yr contract in 12/16, the rate for trash and recycling was $292.89 per month. Now I receive a new bill, and it's $509.58 per month. That's an increase of 77% in 1 1/2 years, and I can't reach anybody who can tell me why. I have 3 numbers for the sales dept, and not one of them picks up. If you need commercial trash service I don't advise working with this company. I also get weekly phone calls that the service won't be performed because of a lack of drivers.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Long time customer... Picked up trash May 3rd... Got message truck broke down and wouldn't be there next week. Well four weeks later still no trash pickup. Called and called always told would be there the next day. And you can imagine the smell of 4 weeks of trash in the summer. Cancelled service... No fighting for refund. They said they would cancel as of June 30th as you have to pay for full month. Even though they had not picked up since May 3rd. Only good point new service is cheaper!!!

Original review: July 18, 2018

Many times Republic has missed picking up my trash. My trash was to be picked up July 9, 2018. Today is July 18, 2018 and the trash is still sitting at the curb. I call once or twice a day and they said they will pick up that day but nothing but lies. I feel that I am being discriminated against for my sex and age. Also I canceled my service, reported them to the Better Business Bureau, called the Health Department, and contacted an attorney. This is about the fifth time I have had problems with Republic. I do pay my bills on time. They have my money and I have no service.

Original review: July 12, 2018

RS is contracted through the County. Their contract allows them to require service whether you use their service or occupy the property or not. Their argument to do so is that they are required to pick up your garbage whether you have paid for the service or not due to it being a potential health hazard to the public. However, my garbage as well as others on my street, has not been picked up numerous times for petty reasons such as the garbage lid not being closed, recycling boxes not bundled to their specifications, or simply items Put curbside are not placed according to their strict guidelines for pick up.

Clearly this contradicts the contract that they have with the county if you are required to pick up the garbage due to potential health hazard risk, then you should have to pick it up regardless of how it’s put curbside. Failure to pick up presents a potential health hazard, especially when left to scatter down the street. Additionally RS will put multiple liens on your property & continue to charge you late fees even if your current balance is paid. They are unresponsive to your complaints and use the protection of their county contract to impose fraudulent fees & charges to your account leaving no recourse to the customer.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 10, 2018

On 7/5/18 I requested a replacement for my recycle container. I received an email stating my container would be replaced on 7/9/18. I put the container to be replaced out the night before as was requested. When my container was not replaced by 2:00 p.m. I called Republic Services. I was told the container could be replaced anytime between 6:00 am and 5:00 pm but they would send a note to operations that I was waiting container replacement. When the container was still not replaced by 4:45 pm, I called again and was told my container was scheduled to be replaced on the 10th. No one notified me of this change. Now I need to leave my container out for another night which is frowned upon by the Village of Glenview. I just would have appreciated a phone call letting me know of the change.

Original review: July 10, 2018

This is the second time my trash has not been picked up. The first time several months ago resulted in waiting three days for a return truck to collect my trash, resulting in my HOA photo documenting this incident and sending a letter threatening to fine me in the future. I am again dealing with the extreme incompetence and malfeasance of your Republic Service (Las Vegas) employees. This is beyond incomprehensible and unacceptable on every level. I want my trash picked on time. And I want compensation for the extreme disregard for my trash service. Their “customer service” in Phoenix is deplorable and designed to cause further disruption and difficulties in attempting to resolve issues. Republic Services is a syndicate and needs outside competition to cause them to see what horrible service they provide. Their unwillingness to address these issues in a timely and professional manner is unacceptable!!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

This is the worst trash company ever!!! Their service department is so poorly managed and unfortunately they have the monopoly over all trash services in Las Vegas NV. I ordered a lid-lock back in May 2018 and they mistakenly installed it on the wrong bin. After I called their service department to explain the mistake, they said they would credit me back the installation fee. 1 month pass and the charge was not only still there, but they charged me late fees for not paying for the installation fee. I swear their accounting department is so mismanaged. When I call their service department again, you have to wait forever to get a respond.

When they do respond, they reply with rude attitudes and keep deferring the responsibility to other departments which takes longer time to approve. In the meantime, my fees are adding up for not paying the full balance. The city leaders of Nevada are so morally unjust to approve an extension for them to monopolize this city's trash service for another 10 years! Potential large scale lay-offs are the city's reasoning for extending their agreement. However, city don't take into consideration the new jobs that will be created with increase competition and the enhancement of better service. Right now I am at the mercy of this unscrupulous corporation.

Original review: July 7, 2018

After being a loyal customer for years and being charged and paying on time $360.00 quarterly. I recently found Republic Services is only charging my neighborhood $79.00 quarterly. They are charging me $281.00 more quarterly and $1,136.00 yearly!!! While they charge my neighborhood $216.00 yearly. Isn’t there laws against price gouging?

After calling and complaining, Republic Services acted like they just did me a favor offering me $79 per quarter. Once I explained how I felt taken advantage of and I also want 1 year at no charge (that is lower than 1 quarter of my current charges). They stopped calling me. After 3 more unreturned calls from any of their supervisors, I canceled and switched to Whitetail for $69.00 per quarter. Oh yeah, Republic Services now wants to charge me to pick up their “1” trash can. How do they keep getting away with gouging customers?

Original review: July 5, 2018

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Republic Services. I have used them for the last 5 years, and there have been missed pickups with no notification or explanation. My trash had not been picked up since the last two weeks of May. I gave them until June, thinking maybe there was a mix up. THERE WAS NOT. There were unanticipated delays for an indeterminate amount of time. I was not notified by phone, email, or a letter in the mail. I had to call. I have called over 10 times in the last month, and finally canceled my service.

My trash was FINALLY picked up the last week in June, and I was told that the barrels would be picked up that same day. It is July 5th and my barrels, despite multiple phone calls and same day confirmation promises from Republic services, MY BARRELS ARE STILL AT THE END OF MY DRIVEWAY. Those barrels have been sitting there since the last two weeks of May. If you want reliable, professional, and affordable refuse service, save yourself the trouble, and don't even call Republic Services. I went to Willimantic Waste, and they are almost $100.00 cheaper and have been wonderful!

Original review: June 30, 2018

Been calling Republic to set up trash collection account for over 1 month, yet they still after over 30 phone calls to this company also emails, complaints begging them to please pick up my garbage they still pass my house weekly. Everyday I rebag it due to raccoons eating it and bugs on it and it smells. Of course it's a month of them passing my house and not doing their job. Wonder why they even stay in business. Oh that's right they are the only Garbage Pickup in the area so THEY DONT CARE.

Wonder how they would like to have a bill for something yet never get service and have nasty month old trash sitting in front of their house where they live with their kids and family. Unacceptable but what can you do call everyday and everyday they say the same thing. They will pick it up Friday, so another wk then Friday passes weeks pass still no service more garbage. It's disgusting. This company is the worst company I've ever encountered in my entire life. Absolutely no resolution. Guess I just have to keep adding to the pile. What else can you do!!! UNREAL.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am very angry. Republic missed my street for bulk pickup on Monday. Today is Friday and the landscaper's bags are still in front of my house. I call Republic every day to be told different excuses when they will come. The city of Las Vegas should wake up and get a company that really cares. We more than likely be fined by the HOA. However I advised Republic I will be sending them the bill. Enough is enough already.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Paying for a service that we are not getting! Missed pickup and then after calling many times, get different excuses with no resolve of picking up the trash. It is in the nineties out and the trash has flies and smells. Ask to be contacted by a manager with a false promise: no manager call and no trash pickup. VERY UNHAPPY! They even send a text saying to have trash out by 7:00 AM for the missed pickup and yet the trash still sits. This is not only us but everyone that uses Republic on our road.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Republic Services are making several local customers angry. They keep missing pickup dates, they send out text messages with wrong dates on them, (date time has passed, or date day do not match). When asking to speak with a supervisor, they respond with that takes 24 to 48 hours. Had an employee there who was very angry and disrespectful that I needed to report, they don't care about that. I will be pushing for the entire neighborhood to DROP this bad company via the Next HOA meeting. Perhaps if that happens enough they may actually change.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Republic Services are RUBBISH!!! I have been with them for six years, and they have been sketchy about collecting my garbage for the past two months. I have called and called the Customer NO SERVICE center, and the people on the phone are clueless and couldn't care less. My whole subdivision has been missed for weeks, and when I call to find out what is happening I am told they are having driver issues, which I conclude is code for "Our Subcontractors Don't Want To Work With Us Anymore"... They don't want to tell you the truth or even help you get what you paid for. I am now told that if I want to cancel my service with them, I will have to pay a $24 "trash cart pick-up fee". Nowhere is that even mentioned on their website. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, THEY WILL ONLY STIFF YOU, and then make you PAY EXTRA when you don't want to put up with their lousy service anymore.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Arvada, Colorado. Worst company!!! Do not hire this company!!! I had them for years. They stopped picking up my trash right after I made my payment of $65.79 in March for the next cycle. The girl on the phone when I finally got ahold of someone said if I didn't like it to go with someone else so I did. She said I would get my refund within 4-6 weeks. Still have not received my refund!!!

Called today to check on it because several of my neighbors said they are still waiting on their refund after many months of waiting so I thought I would call to check. Well the guy on the phone told me he would refund me $30. Lol really. I never got any pickups why not the full amount??? Then he tried to explain why I was missed for the whole month of April. Lol ridiculous!!! I would be ashamed to be associated with this lying company! He said he would have someone call me back today but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Evidently this company doesn't care and who can we complain to get results???

Original review: June 19, 2018

For a solid year they provided good service, but lately we never know when it if our trash will be removed, but they aren't offering refunds. I was just told that they are experiencing a driver shortage and it's out of their control. Since when is staffing your business considered out of your control? Poor management maybe, low wages maybe (I have no idea) but it's definitely manageable. I left Republic and went back to Modern Waste. It might cost more but I need reliable service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I pay for weekly trash removal by Republic Services but it has been almost 3 weeks with no trash pickup. I call daily and every time I'm told it will be picked up tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes. Now it's the end of the week and they leave a phone message saying it will be another week before the trash will be picked up. When you ask why your trash is not being picked up, you only get a scripted answer "that it is due to unforeseen circumstances". The trash overflows the bucket and the animals are pulling it apart daily it is becoming a health issue. I have already had to bring 3 bags to other family members to have them disposed of. Everyday we struggle to keep it picked up so it isn't flying into the neighbors' yards. You can't pull it back up because you never know when they are coming. It's just ridiculous at this point and no one seems to care about the customer.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I will typically place my own additional 32 gallon yard waste can out on the day yard waste is scheduled to be picked up. For years this has never been a problem. Now within 8-months two of my 32 gallon yard waste cans have disappeared. I don't know what has changed. Fortunately I have a security system with cameras and to my surprise found that the garbage man took them and clearly knew it based on the video. It's unfortunate there was no note or call indicating what happened.

The first time I called and was offered a $15 reimbursement, which barely covered half the cost of purchasing another 32 gallon can. Following the second incident, I called and was told there was nothing they could do other than offering to increase my service, which would increase my bill. I understand I am responsible for my own personal garbage cans. However I am disappointed with there lack of communication and disregard for my garbage can. It's unfortunate, that I can't attach the video to show the obvious disregard.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Beware of their add-on charges. Republic charges extra to pick up appliances and their bill continuously increases. I researched other companies in the area and found Tri-State Disposal will pick up one appliance per week. No extra fees. Decided to switch companies at end of billing cycle and not renew my service with Republic Services. I called to cancel service and Republic Service (lady in office) tells me that there is a $33.00 fee to retrieve their container. I related to her that I don't agree to pay this pick-up fee for Republic to retrieve their own container that I was renting.

I then told the office lady that I would deliver the container to their Crestwood location. She said that self delivery of the container is not an option. I told her that another option was for them to leave the container and it was up to them if they wanted to pick it up or leave it. I then asked how Republic can charge a pick-up fee when they don't offer a location for customer to drop off the containers. She said it's their policy. I then went to website and looked for information in regards to this fee and it isn't available anywhere. Republic uses Gestapo tactics by using this fee to force the customer to keep using Republic Services. Avoid the hassle and go with another company like Tri-State Disposal that doesn't charge extra fees for everything. Especially a cancellation charge.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Called and setup services earlier this week. Was told service would be started today 6/8/2018. Garbage was never picked up. Called the call center because you can't get to the local office. They will request it's picked up but no guarantees. I asked for a supervisor. After 45 mins on hold I was hung up on. Called back and finally got a supervisor after 20 mins. He said the exact thing the other person did. Me: "Ok get the local site on the phone, them: "Oh we can't. We can only send a message." Me: "Your person set this up and guaranteed pick up for today." Them: "I'm sorry but she told you wrong." Me: "Get someone on the line." Them: "We sent a message. Someone will call you back later before 5 pm." Click. Horrible. Do not put business thru this company.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I am astonished at how this company is still in business. I thought my issue of missed pickups was local, as I was also told by a representative via Twitter, until I read reviews complaining of the same issue across the entire country. I was told that it was my local facility that is having issues and that they are "unforeseen circumstances" but I am now learning this is just an excuse because the same thing is happening nationwide. As another reviewer stated, we were told our pickup was delayed one day due to the Memorial Day holiday and would therefore be picked up on Saturday instead of our normal scheduled day of Friday.

I happened to be having a graduation party as I just completed my Master's program and we're having many guests over, some for the first time ever at our house (we have not been living in this house very long). We kept our trash at the end of our driveway all day despite it being an eyesore and frankly in the way of people trying to park, just to have it never picked up. Needless to say, the trash that was already in the bin plus all of the trash from our party created a huge backup. We just had a missed pickup 2 weeks prior to this, which I was on the phone about for a while.

This is completely ridiculous and unacceptable when people are paying for a service and simply not receiving it with a complete lack of communication part of the whole mix. We are actively working to switch companies as I type this because it is now summer and keeping trash around outside when it's warm (disgusting), having wild animals roaming our neighborhood with trash containing food out in the open (not wise), and/or having it build up in our home is (also disgusting) is not something we feel we should be paying money for.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My elderly mother has garbage pick up from Republic in Bridgewater NJ. I was there recently and arranged to have 10 extra bags of bulk trash picked up from her property. As I type, the bags are still there 8 days later. Oh yes, she was charged $3 a bag. I have called every day for 5 days. Was on hold for 20-30 minutes, then told the pick up was scheduled and then it never happened. Yesterday June 4, I was on hold for 30 minutes, then took advantage of the call back service offered. NO CALL BACK. I gather they are a monopoly in many areas. What will complaining on this site do?

Original review: June 4, 2018

This company is a joke. Called them 2 weeks ago to start new service, but was on hold for over 30 minutes without ever talking to anyone so I hung up. I called back the week of Memorial Day to try to set it up again and spoke to a lady that said she would set it up. After 45 minutes, she said service was set up and the containers would be delivered on Friday. Friday night, we realized there were no containers. I called Saturday, no answer. I called today and after being put on hold by the first lady for 45 minutes, I hung up and called back. The second lady told me there was never an account set up for me. She apologized many times and promised that she would get me taken care of. TWO HOURS LATER, she said I was good to go, BUT we wouldn't have service until MAYBE the following week, and she couldn't tell me when the containers would be delivered.

She said she would try to have the $20 delivery fee waived, and when I told her I would have 2 weeks worth of trash, she told me I would have to pay $2 per bag that didn't fit in the container. After pleading with her that this wasn't my fault, she said she would attempt to get that waived, too, but it would still be on my first bill and I would have to call back in to dispute it. Seriously? After discussing with my husband all that we have gone through just to set up service, we decided to forget it and go back to Waste Management... and believe me, a company has to be absolutely terrible for us to go back to WM! I called back in to cancel the service and that took 30 minutes. From start to finish, my total time on the phone with four separate people, was over 3 hours... for no service.

Not sure about Republic Services?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Utility Companies for you.

Republic Services Company Information

Formerly Named:
    Republic Services - Waste Management
    www.republicservices.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business