2.47/5

Need a utility company?

Need a utility company?

Republic Services Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I have used Republic Services in Grand Prairie, Texas for over 24 years and their service is awful. They just don't care about resolving customer complaints. They have skipped picking up my dumpster many times and are virtually unresponsive. Well, they say, we will give you an extra pick up on another day that they are already scheduled. They won't credit your account for the missed pickup. They also spilled paint from one of their trucks on my driveway. Oh, they said "that's terrible...I will send out a supervisor to inspect the damage and remedy the situation". After 3 weeks and numerous phone calls, no one ever came out to inspect the spillage. I plan on visiting my city council and complaining about their lack of service. They apparently have a contract with the city.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I will not be using the trash pick up services for approximately 6 weeks because the house will be vacant until the new owner moves in and they begin trash service. Republic Services will continue billing until close of escrow even though there will be no pick up at the location until the new owner occupies the residence. That is, in my opinion, theft plain and simple. I am no longer using a service and yet I continue to get charged for it. When a consumer no longer needs a service and cancels, the service and the charges should be discontinued immediately. However when the company does not pick up, there is no compensation, and in the event you have an extra bag of trash they are more than happy to charge more. Because a consumer has no choice typically in which utilities are available for use there should be common decency in how businesses treat their customers. Incredibly disappointed in this policy.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I called Republic Services today because the trash was not picked up at our house last week due to the strike. I asked if I would be charged for the week and they said that they would be doing a double pick up. A double pick up means you have trash coming out of the trash bin, that's their definition. I explained I only had trash inside the trash bin and that I did not want to be charged the week they did not pick up. They told me they would credit my account. I specifically called Republic Services because I figured they would try something like this, to charge me for the week I didn't receive service. I consider this an extremely deceptive practice.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I was a loyal customer with Republic Services for 4 years. Every year, the price for my trash pick up continued to increase to $115. When I called to cancel my service because the rate was too high. I was able to cancel without a problem. However, what I wasn't told was that I would be charged $84.91 for Republic Services to pick up their trashcans. I received the bill in the mail 3 months after my service was cancelled. When I called to inquire about the fee, I was told that someone would look into it because I should have been informed of the charged when I cancelled. I am not satisfied with the lack of resolve. To be charged $84.91 to pick up their company trashcans is absurd, it's a total ripoff.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

After being a loyal customer for 20+ years, we decided to change providers due to the price increases for weekly garbage service. When I called to cancel service, I was treated rudely and promised that my empty garbage can would be picked up within the next 10 days. Nearly 4 weeks and 3 phone calls later, the smelly can sat at my curbside for the entire month of August. They even had the nerve to bill me $30 for picking up the can, when in fact they did not pick it up. They finally did come to pick up the can, after 4 weeks, but refused to waive the $30 fee for picking back up their empty can. There are many garbage companies out there for a fraction of the cost (I am paying 1/4 what I was paying) who deserve your business, this company is not worthy!!! Shop around!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Since the city of Renton, WA switched from Waste Management to Republic Services, the service has been completely unreliable. We have had to call about 15 times in the last year to report failure to pick up. It never gets better despite the lip service. It's like they're practicing to be a real company someday. Sick of it and not holding my breath.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Republic Services was a mess from the very start. When I set it up I ordered one trash and one recycling and they told me that next trash day they would deliver the containers. That did not happen. It took over a month before we got anything and at that point we only got trash. One week later we got recycling after about 4 calls to Republic. First bill comes in, which was very high, because for some reason we were charged for the entire month we didn't have any containers, but not only that, we were apparently charged for THREE containers. Never got a refund on that by the way. When cancelling it took about 20 minutes on the phone because for some reason I was transferred to Georgia, who of course was confused as to why I was transferred there when I live in Minnesota, so they had to transfer me back. After cancelling, it was fun to find out that 5 months later they still sent a bill....

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We recently moved and signed up with Republic because that is what the previous owner had. While they did deliver the cans on time it was all downhill from there. We had service for about 4 months and in that time Republic missed pick up about 50% of the time. We would call and they would promise to pick up the next day. Still no show. For the most part we would wait and hope they showed up the next week. The excuses were many but, at the end of the day, Republic was basically incompetent. To add icing on the cake, I now have an invoice for $90.79 to pick up their cans. The invoice is credited $66.16 for unused leaving a balance of $24.63. I called and requested they waive this based on all of the issues and the missed pick ups and they refused to do so. I guess we will see where this goes.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

We recently cancelled with Republic Services because our service was not always good. We had times that our cans didn't get emptied at all or somehow didn't get emptied all the way. When our trash/recycling got skipped I made a phone call. They promised to be back out in a couple days but never showed up. When I got charged a bin removal fee I called to get that waived since our service was bad at times. I found that their customer service is bad as well. They took no responsibility for the bad service saying it was completely up to me to continually keep calling when the truck didn't return. (And that was a supervisor.) Several of our neighbors had Republic Services as well and have experienced bad service. I think every one of them has discontinued their service with Republic.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Worst trash company we've ever dealt with! They selected which bags they wanted out of my trash can and left the rest laying in my alley. I called multiple times to get my trash picked up, and each time, there's an excuse, or they just keep rescheduling. This is unacceptable. They refuse to pick up my missed trash. ***Beware*** Don't try complaining on social media - they blocked me! What an unprofessional way for Republic Services to handle business when THEY are at fault!

Republic Services Company Information