2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

3.1/5 (380 ratings)

About Republic Services

Republic Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

Original review: July 3, 2021

The only trash service available in my city so they naturally take advantage of the clientele. Over a month ago they informed us they would be exchanging the trash cans that day, never came. Then without notice, during the day, picked up all the trash cans on our block. No one knew what was going on at first, however, one neighbor informed us Republic finally came to exchange the cans. However, instead of replacing they just took them. Several phone calls later they informed us the replacement cans would be back the next day by 4PM. It is now 7PM on the day the trash cans were to be replaced and no cans. A call indicates they are closed. It is a holiday weekend.

We expect credit for the 4 days we will not have trash cans but being a monopoly in our area, have no interest in customer service, we don't expect them to do the ethical thing. Trash cans & pick up is an essential service that should be performed by those interested in contributing to the community, have a desire to do a good job, have a sense of integrity and pride in their job instead of taking advantage of their clients and pocketing money; unfortunately, for the city of Alhambra, republic is a crappy organization that embodies the later traits listed. Pathetic at best.

Republic Services response

Hi Maroo9, I apologize for your frustrations with this and for the downfall in communication. Please provide your full service address including zip code and your best contact the number so we can look into this. Thank you.

Original review: July 2, 2021

My trash has not been picked up in weeks. My family has trash collection biweekly. My garbage was due to be picked up on June 17th and was never picked up. After reaching out to the company various times, this company's employees have given me multiple different days that it would be picked up and it is still sitting out in the bins today, July 1st. The garbage was due to come again today and one of your associates promised that the trash in the bins would be collected today and then I would get another trash pickup this coming Monday, July 5th to pick up the garbage that should have gone today.

It is summer, the days are hot, and the trash has been in the bins for over 2 weeks now and now my basement is filled with more trash because I couldn't put it out today. It is smelling up my front yard and I worry that the neighbors are going to begin complaining because of the stench. I have over a month's worth of garbage in the bins and in my home because of this company's irresponsibility and lies. I need trash pick up NOW!!

Republic Services response

Hello Megan, Please accept our apologies for your frustration. We would like to contact the local division on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private message with your full service address including zip code and contact information. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Original review: June 29, 2021

I started service on 6/1/2021. It is very expensive... 69/mo. I paid the $50 container fee. Was promised my container by the following Friday. That didn't happen. I called and asked when to expect it, they said tomorrow... Same thing happened 4 times... Still no container. Container finally arrived late in the day, after pickup already happened on my street, 6/14/2021. My next pick up was 6/21/21. The driver pulled halfway down the street. Got one container at the end and didn't get mine or 2 -3 others on that part of the street.

I called to report, they said they'd be back out the next day to pickup, didn't come for 3 more days. But I did get my bill, that was right on time. On 6/28/21 my scheduled pick up day, the driver comes at 4am! But he did get my container which was great. I called to see about getting a credit for the missed pickup on the 14th and the rep argued that it wasn't missed. I said, "Ma'am I didn't even have my container yet, how could it have been picked up?" After putting me on hold 4 times she hung up on me, with no resolution to my issue. After I calmed down and found another provider in the area, I called to cancel my service and guess what? I get to pay them to come pick up the container... $36.50. But I am glad the nightmare will be over on June 30. Good riddance to TERRIBLE SERVICE in every department.

Republic Services response

Hi Kelly, Please accept our apologies for your frustration. Please send us a private message. Please include your address and contact information with a copy of your post. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Original review: June 29, 2021

If you can avoid using this company, AVOID THEM! We had a missed pickup for our recycling on Wednesday, 6/23. I have called every day since then to ask for them to come back to fix the issue. I have been assured every time I called that they will send a truck over to pick up the recycling, and they still have not come (6/29). The representatives I speak with are not knowledgeable, seem to have no way to contact dispatch, and have no desire to fix the issue. Many of the times I called and was told that it was "escalated" don't show up the next day in their records. No one does anything at this company! Our city recently decided to use Republic Services as the sole trash and recycling pickup, so I unfortunately cannot cancel my service. But I would do so if I had other options.

Original review: June 28, 2021

In the last year, Republic has frequently cancelled or reschedule our trash collection. In the last month, collection has been cancelled or rescheduled 4 times. Uncollected recycle material has been sitting uncollected for over one month. Calls to the company are routed to their national office instead of the local office responsible for the actual service. While always polite, the reps are incapable of resolving any issue, and call-backs from someone who might resolve them are never received. I am not interested in the reason for this incompetence. I want the services I'm paying for.

Republic Services response

Hi William, Please accept our apologies for your frustration. We would like to contact the local division on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private message and include your full service address including zip code and contact information. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: June 28, 2021

Our pickup day is Wednesdays. This past Wednesday our recycling got picked up but not our trash. Called. First person didn't know why. Then said he didn't know we were overcharged either when I asked about that too. He put me on hold to see why I was overcharged but instead it went to another person! This person tried to explain to me about all these extra fees! What?! Anyway, I asked about the Missed pickup and she day to leave it out they will go Thursday because they said there was a one day delay. This didn't make any sense since our recycling was picked up but not the trash. I wasn't notified nor told why. Thursday came. No pickup! Called Friday. Was told it was pushed to Friday but then again pushed to Monday!!!! WTF?!!! Wasn't notified either! Supposedly escalated to an area supervisor or something like that so my trash can get picked up but never got picked up!

I'm beyond pissed now! They sure are quick to want their money but couldn't care less about providing services that are paid for! So now... Missed Missed Missed Missed pickup is where we're at!! Bet they will read this then tell me to contact them which is what I did do already several times!! So I don't know what difference it will make since here we are Monday and pickup is Wednesday! Ridiculous!

Republic Services response

Hello Tiffany, Please accept our apologies for this breakdown in service. We would love to have the opportunity to resolve this issue. Please send me a private message with your full service address and contact information. Thank you.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Republic Services customer service is the absolutely the worst I have ever seen. I have called numerous times and each and every time I have waited on hold over 45 minutes. Once in a blue moon, they will let you leave your phone number and they might call you back. One time they called back and then hung up on me, so I had to start the service all over again. They are the worst.

Republic Services response

Hi Randall, we apologize for your frustrations with the service. If there is something specific we can look into for you, send me a private message and include your service address and contact information. Thank you.

Original review: June 21, 2021

IF THIS IS REPUBLIC SVS. THAT PROVIDES TRASH/RECYCLE FOR PALM BAY, FL. they are not responsive to requests, over and over, to pick up unused/unwanted trash cans/containers that we mark with signs and put on curbsides. Londonderry Cir and Tuttle have "turn in" containers sitting there for months!! Get them out of here before hurricane season, Republic!

Republic Services response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this. Please send me a private message and include your service address, contact information, and a copy of your post. Thank you.

Original review: June 18, 2021

My husband and I pay $215 for trash/recycle pickup. May 24-June 1, they missed trash pickup along with recyclables. I called three times, and cannot get in touch with the manager despite my efforts. It took these three phone calls for them to remember to pick up my trash, recyclables took even longer. If you want to pay for a service that you will not receive, then I recommend Republic Services. I would love to change this review, however I’m leaving this in hopes of receiving some sort of compensation.

Original review: June 15, 2021

1. They charge exorbitant bin delivery and removal fees (eg. $60 to remove our bins), which they did not disclose to us and when I reviewed all paperwork links they referenced still did not see fee amounts. (2) They regularly skip pickups, (3) I ordered bulk removal and still have all of those items piled in front of my house because they ever came. Absolutely the worst possible service in terms of trying to get in contact with them as well as the "service" itself.

Republic Services response

Hello Theresa, we apologize for your frustrations with the your billing. If there is something we can still look into, send me a private message and include your service address and contact information.

Republic Services Company Information