Republic Services Reviews

• 3%
  • 4%
  • 85%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services?
    Customer ServiceContract & TermsPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Had a business account for 6 years. Closed business to put up for sale. Paid for 6 months of an empty pickup and could not afford it any longer. When I called to see about cancelling suggested they were wasting gas and time as dumpster was not use. I was told I need to call 60 days before contact renewal auto renewed. I asked when that was so I could be on top of it. I was transferred several times and told they didn't know. I had to talk to an account mgr. Her name was Nikesha. She was so vague and avoided me.

When I finally connected she would not give me a date until I signed something saying I understood it would be over $600 fees to "cancel" early even though I didn't know when that was? Reluctantly I did and low and behold two weeks later the account mgr left me a voice saying my account has auto renewed for 36 months! That I would have had to cancel 60 days ago or I could transfer if and when my business sold! I started this convo two weeks shy of the 60 days not knowing the actual contract date. I have been a customer for many years with no missed payments and they are charging me for empty dump on a closed business. I cancelled my residential service as my only recourse. Shady business practices! Go anywhere else!!

Pinned

Susan, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Contract & TermsPricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 11, 2024

I have been a Business customer for over 19 years and have decided to close my account only to be told that it will cost $1724.28 plus 60 days to close it. I have never been late or behind on a bill and this what I get for that. Also I am not in a contract anymore, so I am not breaking it to close.

Pinned

Jeff, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Staff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Absolutely hate this is the only service we can use in our area!! They skip our trash day for an unknown reason, so our cans are naturally overloaded at this point!! They pick it up the following day & trash falls out!! Our lazy trash men have never once gotten out of the trucks when they spill trash bags onto the ground, so of course they’re not picking it up today either!! It’s not just our can, there’s trash all over the street but hey, not their problem!! They are horrible!! We’ve all cleaned it up of course, so I’m expecting some of my bill refunded, since we’re doing your job!! I know, want in one hand…..

Pinned

Amanda, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 10, 2024

They missed the entire day. I placed an order for a bulk garbage pick up. They specifically said between 7am-7pm. They never came. I have been exhausted from people coming by picking up and spreading around mess through the neatly arranged items we laid out on the curb. I have to work tomorrow so this is terrible.

Pinned

Shawna, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your bulk and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed June 7, 2024

After receiving our last bill in the mail, there was an increase in price of over 20%. We decided to cancel our service. When I called to cancel, I was told that there would be a fee to pick up the cans; a fee of $37.67 per can! $75.34 to pick up two cans that had no fee to drop off (Benfield dropped them off many years ago). I asked if I could bring the cans to the address on the bill to waive the pick-up fee and I was told no, they are picked up by a third-party company and stored elsewhere. The third-party company is a box truck very clearly labeled with Republic Services (our neighbor had their cans picked up as well). If a customer is offering to save you work and take their time to clean and return cans, I think the least you can do is accept that offer and waive the fee. I guess "the customer is always right" is a phrase that has long left the vernacular of customer service agents. I'm very disappointed in this company.

Pinned

We are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed June 7, 2024

After 9 years of being a loyal customer they raised my rates $30 dollars. I called to get a better rate and was asked what would I like to pay? Really this isn’t a game show! So of course I gave them a really low number…you asked. After back and forth I said just cancel me…a few days later I called back hoping perhaps I just got a bad salesperson. The girl was nice but still didn’t offer much of a good price. I told her for two people we hardly fill the 96 gallon can…She offered me a 32 gallon at a decent price THEN I’m told “Delivery Fee” for the new can will be $49.99…I said I’m not a new customer you all are just swapping out. Would not budge so I said forget it! So you lose a customer of 9 years over a can! I have told my neighbors who use them about this and to watch your bill. I kept recycling service….but that is not going to be for long! Bye, Bye After 9 Years!

Pinned

Denise, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed June 5, 2024

I'd give 0 stars if I could. Terrible service. Residential pickup can't do their job without knocking multiple barrels to the ground, trash everywhere and TOO LAZY to pick up their mess they made. Call 3 weeks in a row and get nothing but lip service. Promised a supervisor would call me within 24 hrs. LMAO. Nothing but lies. No change in inept service, nor a phone call.

Pinned

Arthur, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed June 4, 2024

For residential trash service their rates are horrible, over 300.00 every 3 months for 2 cans! Customer service is awful, no one knows who said what. Not to mention they want to charge you to come pick up the cans. They told me one date and now it's another. Do yourself a favor and support a local business.

Pinned

Jennifer, we apologize for any breakdown in communication, we would like to maintain a transparent relationship with our valued customers. We are more than happy to further review this issue. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 3, 2024

If I could give this company a zero star I would. I had Morning Disposal for 15 yrs. Republic bought them out and I absolutely couldn’t deal with how Republic conduct business. Horrible customer service, horrible business structure and absolutely the worst waste management company I had to work with. Beware if you are thinking of using this company. I found another company and asked to cancel service and they charged me two more months and a dumpster pickup fee. This place is such a scam. It makes me furious to be taken advantage by a company like this. I refused to pay the added charges. Now they threatened me with a collection agency.

Pinned

Todd, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Incompetent business. Reviews reflect this. Don't even bother calling them with any concerns you may have with them. I'd like to leave a quarter of a star rating, but there's no option for this unfortunately.

Pinned

Aaron, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Worst place ever. Don't waste your time. Terrible wait times to talk to people. The prices are through the roof. No one can afford with a one income household can pay these prices. The worst part is when you cancel they charge so much to puck it up over 100 dollars. What a rip off.

Pinned

Allie, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 28, 2024

Republic bought a small company in my town and raised prices by $12 with no notice. When I called to cancel my service they told me I had to pay $37 to have the trash can picked up. This is ridiculous!! My can still has the old company's name still on it, it’s not even theirs. I will drive my can to their business and throw it their parking lot before I pay that fee!!

Pinned

LeAnn, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 28, 2024

Just canceled my trash pickup and she tells me I have to pay $41 to have the bin picked up or I take it in myself. This company bought out another small company where I live and just dropped off the container at my house, there was no contract or any info about this cancelation fee. There are other cheaper companies in my area that also don't charge to cancel. Why am I being charged a fee I never agreed to?

Pinned

Brandon, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 26, 2024

They always missed pickup trash bins. Some times the trash bin left a whole week on the street. I called and emailed but they still didn't fix it. I teach my dog three times then he never forgets but this company is different.

Pinned

Vinh, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your trash and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 24, 2024

Probably the most expensive trash company out there right now. They will get you by starting off with a teaser price but then keep raising the prices on you over time. The thing is the service is not the expensive part, it's the administration and environmental fees that almost double the price of your quarterly bill. Other trash companies in my area have no fees which makes their services a no-brainer. One other thing, know this, not if but when you choose to cancel because of their crazy price increases they will charge you $80 to pick up the trash cans. They don't tell you that though when you sign up.

Also, I find it hilarious that the only time they want to help you is when you post negative reviews and then they respond to every review asking for you to contact them. So when you're a loyal paying customer they have no wiggle room, but when you post your negative experience with them on the Internet now they have the ability to make changes? Stay away from this deceptive company.

Pinned

Dave, we apologize for any breakdown in communication, we would like to maintain a transparent relationship with our valued customers. We are more than happy to further review this issue. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

vinh

I never missed payment but they always missed pick up the trash bins.i did called and emailed many times it didn't work.i teach my dog three times then he never forgets but this company is different

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Very disappointed in this company because we switched from waste management to the Republic. We’ve had trash sitting out in our front yard for over seven days .They skipped The bulk pick up and we called three times already. Hoping they come out tomorrow, I’m tired of hearing the same excuse. Very poor service or just laziness, whichever, we pay for this service and should be treated like paying customers.

Pinned

Brandon,Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 22, 2024

We have had a dumpster with republic for two years. No problems other than late pickup until we got a bill for over $500! It showed an extra pickup three times - each charge was $150. Our regular payment is only $83 per month. Upon calling them we were told because the trash had filled the container enough that the lid was open from 3 to 10". They sent me photos of the dumpster showing the lid ajar because the trash had not been pushed down. When I asked why now are they dinging us when we have always done this and they said because now they have cameras so we can't get 'by with it' anymore. I asked why we were not given a warning as it's clean the trash could have been pushed down.

The lady was nasty nasty nasty. She finally removed the charge for the lid being open 3". Then said to stay on the line to rate her but then hung up and it didn't go to the survey for her - that lady was horrible and she knew she was horrible that's why she didn't let it go to the survey for her. We had to pull out of savings to cover the extra $300 charges. I argued that, "Hey if you're going to penalize for an open lid at least be fair about it - our entire monthly bill is only $83 but for an extra few inches over the top we have to pay $150 plus the $83!!!" That's just wrong. No empathy at all from this lady. And because no other trash company delivers dumpsters to our area we are stuck with this company - they have no competition so they get by with robbery. Avoid this company if you can!

Pinned

Nancy, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 21, 2024

Republic Services is absolutely nonsense. Please save your time and money and go with any other trash company. I have been with Republic for 3 weeks now, and they have not collected my trash on the date they are supposed to pick it up, I have had to consistently call and ask when someone will pick it up. Also, I paid the $50 down deposit and got told it would be $76.98 per month. Sounds all fine until they don't tell you about all of the other fees, they charge you for. Got billed 5/5/24 for $89.94 and thought it was all taken care of for the next 3 months. Nope, got billed for 6/4/24 for $94.58. Absolutely outrageous.

Pinned

Aleah, we apologize for any breakdown in communication, we would like to maintain a transparent relationship with our valued customers. We are more than happy to further review this issue. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 21, 2024

Trashman skipped us today. Run him down a few blocks away and he said our account was suspended. I Immediately called and confirmed that this was not so and they would let operations know. The man was in our neighborhood for a good hour. Literally dumped the neighbor's trash and still did not return. Why? So maybe they give you a 24 hours, wouldn't it make a little more sense just to simply return while you're in the neighborhood. And if they don't come back till next week, what do I do with my trash? They going to pick all my bags up off the street next time? We were customers with Wallace Brothers for several years previously and never had one problem. Too bad they sold out. I know people make mistakes but this is ridiculous. Suspended??

Pinned

Laura, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your trash and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 20, 2024

Customer service sucks. You get told one thing and they don’t stand behind it! When you call to try to get things straightened out you will just be told there is nothing they can do for you. Calling their customers service will get you nowhere.

Pinned

Ryan, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 20, 2024

I am extremely dissatisfied with Republic Services! They price gouge then when you cancel service because it is way too expensive, only after calling to discuss options and being told there was nothing they could do for me....I canceled service then they charge me extra to pick up THEIR CAN!! Stay far away from Republic!! Customer Service is awful. Poor reflection that should not be carried on to their drivers, they are great.

Pinned

Traci, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Resolution In Progress

Reviewed May 17, 2024

I signed up for trash removal service on 3/19/24. Service was "supposed" to begin on Monday, April 8th. No one showed up. I called to see when it would be picked up. I was told the following day. Nope. I called again and was "promised" that it would be picked up on Wednesday. Nope. Called again and was told by Joanne that it would be picked up on Thursday. Nope. Called AGAIN and spoke with Octavio, he said to put the bins back at the curb. (We had brought them back up so they wouldn't get knocked over by the high winds we were experiencing.) Still NO ONE SHOWED UP! Called again and was told a Supervisor would contact me. No one ever called.

I finally emailed the person that initially signed us up. She said she was sorry and would speak to someone about it. Still nothing. I cancelled my "service" on 4/18/24. I have requested that my initial fee of $50.00 to "start" my service be refunded to me due to NON service. They had no problem TAKING my money but have still not refunded it They also had no problem coming up to my house and taking the bins.. AWFUL COMPANY. Signed up with a new company and have had NO issues.

Reviewed May 16, 2024

Shady business practices, and terrible services. Had an account that transferred to Republic from the Best way/GFL days. When Republic took over they continued to charge me for door service but never provided it. After speaking with the office about my concerns on several occasions and still having issues I decided to cancel my service with this company April 13th. They still sent an invoice for $65 charging for the entire month of April even though they only managed to perform 1 pickup during that month.

I called and explained this to a customer rep and was informed that since they do not close out their billing cycle until the end of the month I would still owe them for a service they didn't even provide. She was very adamant that I will be held responsible to pay for a service that I did not receive because it stated they close their accounts at the end of the month on page 2 of their invoice. If you're going to charge for service you should provide it.

Pinned

Terence, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 15, 2024

What a scam, It was storming and the 3 yd dumpster lid blew open exposing a portion of the black garbage bag and they charged me a overage fee of 38.00 for the picture I attached. Believe me they have missed picking mine up several time but now I don't care how EMPTY it is I will make damn sure they pick up from now on.

Pinned

Pat, we apologize for any breakdown in communication, we would like to maintain a transparent relationship with our valued customers. We are more than happy to further review this issue. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Staff

Reviewed May 15, 2024

We were serviced by Benfield Sanitation before those bastards at Republic bought them out. Ever since then, the service has sucked. They consistently leave trash in our can, and CONSISTENTLY KNOCK OVER OUR CAN and leave it there for us to pick up. They have to be some of the laziest drivers I’ve ever seen. Terrible terrible service. And there’s no other options because they have a monopoly on the market in trash. THEY SUCK.

Pinned

Michele, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 15, 2024

I would advise finding a trash removal company other than Republic. Once BSS changed over to Republic, customer service left as well. Times of pickup are all over the place, and some days not all trash is removed.

Pinned

Tonya, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 14, 2024

I recently moved and was told Republic services is the trash service here. Their cans were already here so I called to start service. Service is every Fri. I work nights and I always place my cans out on the curb on Fri mornings at 5am when I get home. I've been here almost 12 weeks and my trash has been picked up twice. Everytime it doesn't get picked up I get numerous calls from their customer service stating my trash cannot be picked up because of cars parked on the street in the way. Mind you, I work nights so I'm woke up everytime they call. So I get up, look out the door and I promise you when I look to see what the issue is, I don't see it! It's beyond frustrating that I've lived here for 12 weeks now and my trash has been picked up twice.

This past Fri, again, trash wasn't picked up. So, I remove the cans from the street. It's now Tues and I hear the garbage truck and they collected the ones left out on the curb since Fri. They can call and wake me up to tell me they won't collect, but when they do I get no notification whatsoever. I can't justify paying for this service. It's expensive and now I have to pay for 3 mos of service that's been picked up twice. I understand the logistics and I understand the issues around the truck not being able to maneuver down the street to reach the cans. What I've witnessed is incompetent or lazy drivers and a company that cares very little about their customers and more about the money. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's the world we live in today.

Pinned

Jenny, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your trash and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceStaff

Reviewed May 8, 2024

We are in a small tourist community. The previous garbage service (Eagle Waste) sold out to Republic Services a couple years ago and that's when things went downhill. The prices are literally insane, and the fuel surcharges are equally insane. The double dipping of fuel charges, the extra charges, etc... It's constant, the locals are terribly disappointed and reach out to social media to share their frustrations frequently.

In this small community, I believe I have read 1 favorable review on Facebook and I have lost count on the number of complaints- seriously, you must know this area despises Republic "Services". Eagle Waste was our go-to for demo dumpsters (40-50 yarders). We used Republic Services 1 time to supply dumpsters for a project demo but the prices are nuts & will no longer hire them. Furthermore, our business had weekly & monthly service for 2 dumpsters- a 2 yd garbage & 4yd recyclable container. Over the winter, I received an invoice for $282. No explanation why I owed more than my "normal" $715+ quarterly fee.

When I inquired about the extra charge, they immediately sent me a very cloudy frost filled picture & claimed that it "shows" 2 bags of garbage were in the recyclable truck & it came from our dumpster and called it "contaminated". The picture showed nothing & proved nothing. PLUS, another fuel surcharge was added. I didn't want to argue, I had already read that Republic was doing this, so I paid the bill & cancelled the service. What a joke that was! I do not have a contract with Republic & now I received a bill for $552 to pick up their containers ($94 fuel surcharge)....Our business is 1.8 miles from your shop.

Our bill increased 51% in 2 years.... really? Thankfully, you have competition in the area now, everyone is jumping ship from you. I miss Eagle Waste- those guys were personable, reasonable, and they cared about the community. People in your office here are rude, your "account manager" could care less if the customers are happy or not- he must be on commission. You're a big company in a little tourist community with ZERO customer service.... You guys really do not have a good name in little ole Eagle River, WI. Start caring & do better. And start reviewing people's comments on social media. That should wake you up.

Pinned

Jenny, we apologize for any breakdown in communication, we would like to maintain a transparent relationship with our valued customers. We are more than happy to further review this issue. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 8, 2024

If there was a zero star I would choose that option. We have had to call to remind them to pick up on scheduled day on numerous occasions. We’ve went 2-3 weeks with no pick up and had to call AGAIN for service. Beyond unhappy and will be cancelling and don’t recommend this service to anyone.

Pinned

Cassidy, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your service and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Contract & TermsPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Republic bought out the last company. Drops off a can months later with no notice or explanation. Then when I cancel am told there is a $47 pick up fee. I say I will bring it back and they say that is not an option. I will turn them into the Better Business Bureau. I did not sign any type of agreement with them for the garbage can or agree to a crazy pick up fee.

Pinned

Stacy, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Online & App

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Their website says they are open 6-4. So I drove 1.5 hours to pick up a dumpster and dump it at their landfill. When I got there the gate was open, but the lady attendant said they were closed at 3:30. I pleaded with her to honor what is listed on their website to no avail. All in all $50 down the drain in fuel and it’s a long drive to somewhere I can park for the night. Such a jerk company.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Over the past two years Republic Services has missed the entire side of my dead in street a minimum of 6 times. No one can explain how only one side is picked up and the other is not. This is ridiculous

Pinned

Tyrone, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your service and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I have been a customer for almost 5 years. They have had modest price increases until recently. They bill every quarter so my bill went 24% from one billing cycle to the next, without an explanation. I called the company & I was told yes they had a price increase, without any reason why it was such a large increase. I have switched my trash pick up to a more reasonable company. I called Republic to have my furnished can picked up & tell them I was cancelling my service. I was told that they charge $42.00 for them to pick up their can! What a crook! Terrible company! I will not do business with them again. I would rather take my trash myself than deal with Republic.

Pinned

Lyndia, we apologize for any breakdown in communication, we would like to maintain a transparent relationship with our valued customers. We are more than happy to further review this issue. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I have a business account with this company and have called 4 different times and they have not picked up yet. It has been over a week. Everything goes into a call center and no one knows what is going on and I constantly get excuses and apologies but no action. This has to be one of the worst companies I’ve ever dealt with. I am going to find another company, a company that has integrity and good customer service. Obviously, customer service means nothing to this company.

Pinned

George, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 30, 2024

If I can give them no star I would because they don't even deserve a star. It's been one month exactly waiting for them to cancel my services, I have spoken to everyone but a manager. I just called again and the services are still on. I've canceled this 6 times. Worst Company. Worst customer service.

Pinned

Janet, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 29, 2024

Called and canceled my service on 3/25. My container removal were schedules for 4/8. A final invoice was created by Republic on 4/20. On 4/19 I get a phone call saying my account is past due. On 4/19 I get an email saying my account is past due. Keep in mind the invoice says it wasn't even created until 4/20. On 4/25 I get another email from the collections department. Really? How do you create an invoice that is past due before the invoice was ever created? And goes to the collections department five days after being created. Come on! This harassment isn't even the worst part. Going over the final bill I have to pay for the bin pick ups. Bin pick ups each per invoice are $36.30. Times two is $72.60. My final bill says I owe $112.15.

I called customer service. Lady was nice but didn't really explain why the difference in dollars. So I figured it out on my own per my invoices laying right in front of me. So on top of me having to pay $36.30 twice for two bin pick up I was also charged $36.53 for fuel/ environment recovery fees. And $5.95 administration fees. Totaling $42.48. They did credit $2.93 off of this. Fuel fee. Making this total $39.55. Here is the kicker, this fuel/ environmental and administration fee is what I would have been paying for a quarter year, three month, or ninety days of service that I did not renew. So all in all I had to pay for three months of fuel/ environment fees for one day of container removal! How is that? How do I get charged for something I didn't even use? Anyway, I am glad to be done with this place.

Pinned

Woodrow, We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a frustrating experience and we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us an email to CustomerCareRequest@republicservices.com with the subject line Google/Yelp Review, please include your service address with zip code, a contact phone number, along with a copy of your post. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 27, 2024

I planned in advance to have two twin mattresses included in a bulk pickup by Republic Services at a cost of about $65 per mattress. I was told to have the mattresses out on the curb at a specific location by 6AM the next day. By 1 PM the next day, they were still not picked up, so I called Republic Services again. I was promised that the pickup would be completed by the end of the day. BUT, THEY WERE NOT PICKED UP. Now it is the weekend and their office is closed and there is more rain. My wife and I live in a senior facility with more than 200 other residents, who have begun to complain about the wet mattresses being out on the curb. Republic Services is a company that has poor internal communications and does not keep its word. I know they recently acquired Randy's Sanitation-- a company with very good service. Too bad. I wish we had Randy back. Fred **

Pinned

Frederick, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your (blank) and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 25, 2024

My experience with Republic Services Residential in Whitestown, Indiana has been disappointing. The pricing seems exorbitant, and the frequency of missed pickups and incorrect recycling dates is frustrating. Adding to the frustration is their refusal to collect extra bags or boxes, despite their own errors in scheduling. The additional charge of $2.50 per item outside of the designated containers feels unreasonable. Transitioning from Michigan to Indiana, I had hoped for better service from Republic, but unfortunately, my experience has left me disheartened. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend Republic Services based on these issues.

Pinned

Trisha, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 25, 2024

The local service/pickup crew was fine. The fact that my price for pickup went up nearly 100% in the past couple of years makes 0 sense. Fuel prices increase but they also fluctuate. When gas prices dropped the price didn't go down yet has increased nearly every quarter. I switched companies to a local company and when I cancelled I was informed that Republic was willing to price match....The new company is charging me similar to what I was paying when I started, actually cheaper than 7 years ago....yet Republic was willing to come down from the $158 they are going to charge me quarterly to match the $90 I am paying for service now....seems a little greedy. I then received a late payment reminder a week after I cancelled service for service that have not nor will be rendered. Awful company.

Pinned

Nick, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 24, 2024

I was happy with the service I received. Reminder calls regarding holidays/delays, always timely pickups. I was on quarterly auto pay so that was simple also. Although I did notice the increase in bill by $5 sometimes at every quarter. I didn’t realize how far it had come until I looked back to 5 years ago. From $49 for a three month period of weekly service to $97.58 for the same. Obviously some price increase is understandable but double? I called to cancel and at that time I was told the price was negotiable down to $70/quarter. Honestly that is what makes me upset…for 2 years I’ve been paying a higher rate than “necessary” as a loyal customer and now I’m told the price is negotiable? Negotiable price was only guaranteed for a year though and I know how that turns out for me. So I cancelled and getting charged a $40 bin removal fee. So be better than me - don’t wait 3 years to price check.

Pinned

Tammy, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 23, 2024

I have had their services about 2 months and have been missed 3 times. I call that day and they assure me someone will come…doesn’t happen. The garbage men actually park by my bin to transfer trash from their pick up to the rollover and they still do not get mine. Today I even asked the guy if he was going to pick up my trash since he had sat in his truck 25 minutes on his phone. He stated the pick up truck was full and he was waiting on him to come back from dumping it and he would get mine. This made no sense since he was in the big truck. Never got my trash. I called the office and was assured it would be picked up. No it wasn’t…again. I do online missed pick up reporting every day and still nothing happens. This has to be the laziest, most unprofessional business I’ve ever encountered. I would recommend this company to absolutely no one.

Pinned

Angela, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your trash and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 23, 2024

After receiving a bill that was $34 higher than the previous bill, I decided to cancel my services. My trash can is only half full most weeks and I couldn't justify the price anymore. What shocked me was the $73.44 charge just to remove my trash can!

Pinned

Laura, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 23, 2024

I've never seen so many bad reviews for a Mandatory State company. My experiences have been horrible. When you sign up, it's through some different company who has no clue on what the prices are. They're just paid to sign you up and then you gotta deal with Republic Services. They should be definitely put out of business by the state. Holy crap talk about hidden fees plus they miss picking your trash up at least twice a week. P.s. No need to respond because your responses are almost identical to every single bad review. Looks like you got a bot to write it.

Pinned

Indy, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 22, 2024

I was a long time customer of this company until they wanted to raise my yearly rate over 30%. In the past I was able to negotiate a fairer price increase since my income is Social Security, but they refused this time. I switched to another company that was cheaper. I was not happy to find out that I would be charged a full month when I only need the first week to end my pick up. Second, even though I was owed a credit, they charged me $48.77 to pick up my container when I no longer had need for it. Are you kidding me $48.77 to pick up a container when they go right by my house picking up containers from others in my neighborhood. I would have been happy to return it myself if I know I was going to be charged this. Bottom line, avoid this company and I hope they go out of business. Upset former customer.

Pinned

Larry, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 20, 2024

They missed my garbage can along with several others on Thursday's pick up. I called and they were supposed to come back out, but several days later our cans are still on the street full. They just refuse to come back out

Pinned

Shawnda, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your garbage and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 20, 2024

They came, picked up trash cans and left them in the street. The police even came because that almost caused an accident and they never came back. Now our apartment complex is without trash cans because they are in the middle of the street. They also miss a lot of days. They don’t come when they are supposed to come. Even if you call them they lie and say, "Yes we will be there." and they don’t come.

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Horrible, horrible service! For two weeks now we've scheduled to have our mattresses picked up curbside. Paid in advance, spoke with multiple customers reps who confirmed pickup times two Fridays in a row. I don't know where you went to business school but I'm guessing you learned your chops off the back of a matchbook cover.

Pinned

Danilo,Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your bulk and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Republic acquired Moring. My bill was $46.50 bi-monthly with Moring, and then for a few months under Republic. Republic increased my bill by 30%, taking it to $60.45 bi-monthly. I travel to take recycled materials elsewhere... Have done this forever. This leaves me a single small bag of garbage each week. 30% increase? I called. I talked with billing. No help, but so politely insulting.

She moved me to sales. I talked with sales. Same polite insulting/sarcastic responses. She moved my bill from $60.45 down to $51.56 (still an 11% increase). Really? You inflict a 30% increase on your customers just to see if it sticks? You only reduce a bill if someone calls to complain? Play the odds and steal money from those who don't complain? This is not good business. C'mon, man... You need to be better than that. I arranged alternate garbage pickup. I called Republic to cancel my services with them. They took my bill back down to the original $46.50 bi-monthly to try to keep me. REALLY?

So, if you are a customer of Republic Services, call them and force them to take away the increase. They will do it, but you have to leave in order to receive it. But to be honest, this just infuriates me further. Stealing money from those who think they have no options than to just swallow a 30%, or even an 11% increase? This is not fair to anyone, and the people you are stealing from probably are not able to contest, nor afford, these increases.

But this is what really makes me angry. During Covid, prices went up on everything. In fact, companies took advantage of Covid to drive prices up. Post-Covid, these companies continue to do the same. People think prices are going to come down. This will never happen. This is what is behind high inflation, not what all of the pundits are stating. To reduce/control inflation, consumers need to push back on increases such as this. If we allow them to steal our money, they will continue to do so. Get real people. Pay attention and hold these companies accountable to you, their customers. Large corporations like this have a ton of overhead. Don't pay for their large overhead costs. Go with more localized services that don't need to carry this high overhead burden.

I was with Moring for over 30 years before the acquisition. Never had a single complaint with them, even when they increased my bill. That is because the increases were reasonable and expected. Costs DO increase for a business over time, and they must pass their increased costs on to their customers. But think about it. They raised my bill 30%. I called and they easily reduced it to $51.56. I called to cancel and they reduced it back to the original $46.50. Don't accept their increase.... They are stealing your money. For me, this is not a business I want to have in my life. Good riddance.

Pinned

John, we are disappointed that we have lost your business. If there is anything we can do to make things right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 15, 2024

Local pick-up was on time. No shade thrown at our local pick-up people. But corporate Republic? Very, very shady. They doubled our bill retroactively! We cancelled, and went with another service which is local and so much less expensive. I would NEVER recommend.

Pinned

Mary, we apologize for any breakdown in communication, we would like to maintain a transparent relationship with our valued customers. We are more than happy to further review this issue. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 11, 2024

Republic purchased GFL. Bank paid gfl. Republic said they didn't receive the payment. Tried to call gfl but keep getting transferred to Republic. Had to double pay to keep credit good. Canceled service. They lost future business. I lost 173.59. They are like dealing with the mob. Don't use them. Bad service on top of it.

Pinned

Glenda, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 11, 2024

Canceled services. They transferred me to a sales person to cancel. I cancelled and they informed me I have to pay a 250 dollar fee to have the cans picked up. I told her that wouldn’t be happening. She then offered a 50 dollar discount and I told her that still wouldn’t be happening. I confirmed with her when they would be picking up the cans. I inquired about the now 200 dollar fee and she said she would take care of it. I had a bad feeling so I checked the online account the next day. It didn’t say my account was cancelled so I deleted my bank account info and called to confirm. I spoke with someone in the billing department and they assured me the account had been canceled, I would not be charged for the next 3 months of service, and that my bank info had been deleted.

Well, weeks later, even though I deleted my bank info they charged me for the next three months of service. Mind you this is also after they picked up their cans so I couldn’t use the service even if I wanted to. I called, told there was nothing that can be done. I can call back in a few weeks to discuss if I would be getting a refund. She also took the time to inform me I would be getting charged a cancelation fee. These people are crooks. Don’t use their service. I’ll be cancelling my business account with them as well.

Pinned

William, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 9, 2024

Wow! City has a contract with these guys and we are supposed to have 2 bulk items picked up a month. Have fencing that isn't heavy but too big for the bin. It has sat outside 5 weeks in a row. After the 3rd week called and they were supposed to come out 2 days later but didn't. Called back and they said I didn't have an account with them. The city does! You get my Trash every Tuesday. Had to get the city involved just to resolve. This company doesn't know what they are doing.

Pinned

Adam, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your bulk and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Profile pic of the author.
    Rod increased rating by 3 stars.
    Customer ServicePriceStaff
    After a positive interaction with Republic Services, Rod increased their star rating on April 10, 2024.

Updated review: April 10, 2024

Update: A local rep has promised to resolve at no charge.

Original Review: April 9, 2024

I've asked twice for our 8 yrd dumpster to be set down to the right of its current location. When service was recently started, we told them there was a construction dumpster in the way and when it was removed, our dumpster would go in its place. Now after my second request (because the first request was never completed), I get an email that it was cost $182.50 for the driver to set my dumpster to the right of where it is now, because I described the distance as about 10 ft. After 30 min on hold, I still couldn't get the assistance I needed, so I have to deal with a dumpster taking up parking spaces unnecessarily. There is no justification for a charge like that and I wish I had a alternative for our trash service.

Pinned

Rod, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Contract & TermsPricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 8, 2024

Signed April 2023 for 177.89 a month. Fast forward not even a year later and it's almost four hundred dollars. Got a quote for another company and they said they can't match the 3 years. So I have them their required 60 day notice Feb 1. April 1st, got told, "Oh well they never processed" and I have to pay 6 month fee to cancel on top the 60 day notice here. It is the 8th and dumpster still on our property and still no paperwork from them and they tried to say, "Well we can try to match." Little too late and their match means nothing considering the 177 contract didn't last 6 months but yet we stuck paying huge fee to cancel. I would shop around because these company dont care about the $$$$.

Pinned

Lisa, we apologize for any breakdown in communication, we would like to maintain a transparent relationship with our valued customers. We are more than happy to further review this issue. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 7, 2024

This company is so poorly run it's sad. I have a disability so I pay for door service, but in reality I am paying for no service at all because they do not pick it up. When you call they give you the runaround and outright lie to you. You would think they would care about bad reviews and people who have to call over and over just to get what they have paid for but obviously they don't even care about people with disabilities and the kind of service that is needed.

Pinned

LaDonna, Please accept our apologies for the frustration you experienced by us missing your trash and failing to meet your expectations. We would like to contact the local office on your behalf and resolve any issues you are experiencing. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 6, 2024

Worse service than Waste Management, and they just took over from WM! They can’t seem to pick up my trash even though I pay for service. Get your act together, RS and start taking care of customers.

Pinned

Jonathan, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we take pride in serving our customers and providing an exceptional customer experience. We would like the opportunity to make this right, please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 5, 2024

I have been a customer for many years and recently the bill goes up every time. I called in late December and was told there would be a adjustment, they did for the one bill which I appreciate but this next one was right back up again. The constant price increases on each bill is ridiculous. The drivers and service are always good so that's a plus.

Pinned

Shelby, we apologize for any breakdown in communication, we would like to maintain a transparent relationship with our valued customers. We are more than happy to further review this issue. Please send us a private response including your service address with zip code, and a contact phone number. We hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you!

Profile pic of the author.
    Eric increased rating by 2 stars.
    Customer ServiceOnline & App
    After a positive interaction with Republic Services, Eric increased their star rating on April 8, 2024.

Updated review: April 8, 2024

Matter was resolved by the company. Still a bit of a sour taste from the initial experience, but they made amends.

Original Review: April 4, 2024

I had Republic Services for nine years and never missed a payment. I was overall satisfied with their service. But, in late 2023 I made a payment through their website and the website happily told me the payment was accepted. Fast forward to mid March 2024 and I receive a phone call that my trash service is about to be discontinued due to non payment because of an expired payment method (billing is every 3 months, by the way). I immediately went on to the website to update the payment method and pay the balance in full.

The next two weeks, trash was picked up as normal. The week after that, the trash cans were gone. They took them. I called and spoke with a woman who said I would have to pay around 80 bucks to get the new bins delivered and to reinstate service. I was very polite and went back and forth with her about how I received no notice my payment was declined until my service was in danger of being stopped. I reiterated how I had made good on the balance immediately once I received the phone call but had no emails or phone calls about the payment method being declined. I said I would have definitely made it right had someone contacted me, but they didn't.

I asked to escalate the matter and was told that someone would contact me within 24-48 hours... Nobody ever called me. Ultimately, I called back and paid their ransom so I could throw away my trash again. The mob used to have control of the trash business... Maybe they still do. I'm going to bring this up at my next council meeting and recommend we go with Waste Management instead.