3.3/5 (115 ratings)

About Rachael Ray Cookware

Rachael Ray Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Cookware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Cookware?

Original review: July 23, 2021

Over the past 5 years, I purchased 3 sets of Rachel Ray's cookware from Macy's, (Red, green, and purple), the very last set I bought (the purple color). On July 3rd, the large-size stock pot-cover exploded while boiling yams (the yams had not even started boiling when it happened). What a disaster! But glad it didn't get into my eyes, and to be honest, these pots are pretty and convenient but they have not been standing up to its claim. I wrote to both Rachael Ray and Mac's where I made these purchases but they never responded - it has been 4 weeks since. I wish I could attach a photo of it here for everyone to see. It's amazing how rich companies and entrepreneurs try to ignore complaints of small customers but still, we keep on buying into their products. I will not be promoting this cookware rather, I will be against purchasing it. What a horrifying experience!

Original review: July 21, 2021

After purchasing a set of the Rachael Ray Red Nonstick cookware my girlfriend said they would never last. I worked hard on keeping the Red part of the pans bright Red without black marks that would develop even though I used low heat. The pans are so thin the lowest heat is like high with standard pans. Anyways, when our niece arrived for a few months stayover, I schooled her on using the new pans meaning let them cool naturally before washing and use the soft scrub brush only. Her patience for keeping the Red part of the pan cleaned resulted in her putting two of the pans in the dishwasher. Even though all advertising says they are dishwasher safe, THEY ARE NOT. Now I have dull-looking faded color pans heading towards the garbage dump landfill. I have given up on trying to maintain the appearance of the pans which were bright red which excited me to buy them.

Sad to see businesswoman Rachael Ray allows false advertising, misrepresentation of a product with her name on it. The eye-catching bright colors and price points have made her millions. My girlfriend was right once again, "you get what you paid for" and I know that but thought better of Rachael believing she would not support a bad product. I also believe in what comes around, goes around. The bad reviews are mounting. I will look into the return policy before adding these to our landfill. One more thing, the outside coating does chip and get scratched very easily with daily use. Normal use should last longer than 6 months but again, the price point was like taking my girlfriend out to diner once. Save your money and take your spouse out to diner or invest in something that costs more money. Budget-friendly come with a short lifespan.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I purchased the Light Blue Shimmer Create cookware set 6 weeks ago. It will not bring water to a rolling boil, even after 25 minutes on a 'high' burner. I took spagetti 30 minutes more to cook and even then the outer surface of the strand was gummy and under-cooked. It never once came to a boil. It's not the stove, I home canned tomatoes with no problem this fall. The bottom of the pans is not a good conducter of heat. Very, very disappointing. They are lovely to look at, but not worth buying.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I bought this set of pot and pans a couple years ago in the orange color. They get hand washed and put in the dishwasher. I noticed something was leaving red stains on my dish towels. I realized it was from the pots and pans. It also leaves a red residue on the stove top too. I love to cook with these and don’t have the problems with the Teflon like some other people. However I am very disappointed in the way the color is coming off. I thought they would have lasted a little longer.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I purchased a set of Rachael Ray's cookware for a housewarming present for my daughter. I loved to look of the set so I purchased myself one. Boy are we both disappointed. You can’t even use a lid on a pot or pan without the coating getting scratched. We’ve only had them a few months and they look horrible. We’ve only used non metal utensils on them and the pots and pans are scratches. Now, I worry what my grandchildren and the rest of the family are ingesting from these awful pots and pans. I can’t believe she would want her name on something as cheap and possibly dangerous to consumers.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

The pots and pans are already chipping. Spent over $100.00 on this package. All I can say is that it's garbage and definitely not worth the money. Should have read the terrible reviews before purchasing.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Jan 2020 we purchased a new red cookware set. Shortly after, using only wood spoons, the inside of the pots/pans were scratched and gouged within only a few uses. Aug 2020 I saw the red finish chipping off in large amounts! I am astonished since I have barely used the pots and pans due to being severely sick for 5 months and unable to eat. We purchased the entire cookware set and the stock pot. I pulled out my receipt and called Target and their employees basically told us that their strict return policy was 90 days no matter what and the supervisor (apparently) said she didn't care if we never shopped with them again when I said I'd take my business elsewhere if this was not rectified.

Both Target and Rachael Ray Cookware need to reevaluate their policies and quality! Horrible. Now I'm reading other reviews of so many people who are experiencing what we have with the product and we should all be refunded by someone. How do we accomplish this? I'll be contacting Rachael Ray AND Target Corporate offices Monday!!! This is just bad business.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Most of the Pots have the inside coating chipping in pieces. Got these Pots about two years ago and use only plastic spoons. Very disappointed that these Pot can’t be used now due to health reasons. The coating could be hazardous to your health.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I use the smallest pan the most and the color has changed and I have not had the cookware not even a year and the other pans are okay. For now I only use the plastic cookware that’s needed for the pots and pans but I am not happy at all with the purchase for the price. I paid under a year ago 159 plus taxes and they are turning already. I purchase the gray color. I will not purchase anything I mean anything from her company again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I haven't had the pan for very long. I was going to fry some eggs, so I was heating up the pan on med low. The paint on the bottom of the pan stuck to the range glass top and the handles were too hot to handle. I pulled the pan off the cooktop and it broke the top. Now I not only need a new frying pan, I also need a new range.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I have been very disappointed with the durability of the product. Discoloration and stains to the bottom of the pans was almost immediate. And the scratching! Wow - would probably not recommend at this time to friends or family to purchase. The wear and tear even with minimal use is a lot.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I purchased the Rachael Ray cookware collection a few months ago. I love ther colors and the durability of these pots and pans. My food cooks even and cleaning them is a breeze! Love them!! I like the value for the money and will continue to buy these products.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Not only the quality of the but the different colors you can change it and match any time in your kitchen. I been using for 2 years and not complaint. Every time I go to any store Kohl's, TJ MAXX right away I look around for any new. I am a happy customer with Rachael Ray Cookware. I love it.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I love the colors and the quality. The durability needs to be much better, the non-stick surface gets scratched off too easy. It's heavy enough to feel good but not like a cast iron pan. In 6 years I am already on my second set.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The styling is exceptional in so many ways. I really enjoy the variety of color and I can only imagine what it took to come up with the designs. By designs I’m talking about the styling of each of the various dishes and accessories. Style and color have much more to do with the design of each item than you would think until you use it. The presentation of your table makes all the difference. When they took the time to include an area to hold the dish it made so much difference to me. I like how combining dishes looks so stylish.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I am rating her cast iron Dutch Oven.. It is very heavy and does a wonderful job! I use it for everything from making soups to frying foods. The lid is a good and tight fit. I just used it to make artisan bread and it was perfect for this! Easy to wash and heats evenly. If I had to choose only one pot to keep, this would be it.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Food sticks too easy and the color is not good! The only reason we bought the set was that we did not know very much about the brand and it was on sale. We attempted to return the set for a refund and was denied.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I recently purchased the Rachael Ray cookware and I am so glad I did. I am especially impressed with the durability of the cookware. I really like the frying pan with lid. I would recommend them for yourself or to purchase as gifts.

Original review: April 7, 2020

It’s a great for any type of cooking. Love the colors and a good light easy to store. All my family have it and love. Would recommend to everyone. It’s affordable and long lasting. Had my cookware for 6 years. Thank you Rachael Ray!!!!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Comfortable handling and oven capable with a heavy duty glass cover and securely riveted handle. Very fast heat transfer with this porcelain cookware and affordable.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

The non-stick started to peel off the pan after only 6 months and very little use so I asked for a replacement. I sent pictures and the Amazon proof of purchase and received a response refusing my request for a replacement giving the reason that the pan was purchased without a warranty. The pan was purchased new on Amazon just six months ago. I took the website link on their response to appeal and the link failed. Hopefully someone will sue these people.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I love these pans! They're hard anodized and pretty much non stick and easy to wash. The only thing I didn't like is that the fry pans I bought don't have lids. I have to make due with a couple lids I already had; but they don't fit well.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I bought 2 sets of Rachael Ray's cookware...my first set was orange...I loved them so much I bought a second set color yellow... I've had my first set for 3 years. My second set I bought used. Have had them for 2 years...I absolutely love and continue to use both sets...looking to invest in a brand new set..just wish items was a little cheaper...

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

This is a one stop shop. Whatever you are looking for you will find it here. Excellent customer support, very friendly, take time to explain the products and how to care for the upkeep of your product. I strongly recommend this company. ***

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

The outside of the cookware wears off too quick. The handles are starting to loosen up. I would not recommend this brand of cookware to anyone. I have three pieces of this cookware left, but not for long. All I can say is don't buy it. It is a waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

For the price They don't keep their good looks very long after using them. But overall not too bad set of cookware. Just need to be more durable for electric stoves. I have purchase 2 different set and they both hold up the same way. Color will fade. And the bottoms of the pans look bad.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I like the variety of pans, the glass lids and the durability of the Teflon coating. Very happy with them. I've had other cookware sets, but the set I bought is all I need. And I really like the glass lids.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I've had Rachael Ray cookware for a little over 3 years now. Overall it's great and being able to use the pieces for 3 years makes it worth the value however the bottoms of the pans stain easily. You can get the marks off with some Bar Keepers Friend and a lot of elbow grease. My largest pan has started chipping and the Teflon coating is starting to come off in spots but for 3 year old cookware it's held up pretty nicely.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

The bakeware is awesome. Great nonstick on it. The large spoons that are rubber are priceless. Use them daily! The pans are great nonstick too. When the dogs clean the pans they scratch and the finish comes off. But We just buy a new set! Love the ORANGE color. It is hard to find now though.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

My last new set was a gift and it was some Rachael Ray cookware that I wouldn’t buy for myself so my mom did. Screws come loose on ones in my set, handles were coming loose often, they were easily scratched even though metal was never used on them. The set just had a pretty look and a decent price.... You absolutely get what you pay for.

I have since returned to cast iron such as my granny’s Le Creuset pieces. Never thought I’d go back to heavy pots and pans but it’s so worth it. My granny passed in 2003 and I’ve dug out her favorite cast iron styles I grew up watching her use and while it might be on the heavy side, you’ll never have to worry about a handle or anything frightening happening to you. These cast iron pieces were old when my granny was using them and after a couple sets of pretty garbage, I’ll never use anything else. Dishes are an investment when you can afford to get better do it. At least the Le Creuset’s brand can be pieced together affordable and YES....they are worth it. Couldn’t find one user who regretted the purchases.

Rachael Ray Cookware Company Information