1.59/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for new cookware?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 12, 2017

196 Rachael Ray Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I purchased this set of Rachael Ray Cookware two years ago. They claim to be dishwasher safe. Dishwasher may be okay on the inside portion however the outside color is awful! My beautiful red set is now pink! The clear coat washed off and the red color is just slowly washing away. Giving the fact I paid nearly $200 for RED Cookware I am very very dissatisfied! The feeling of the pan now that the clear coat is gone is the worst nails on a chalkboard feeling. I can barely stand the handle the pans. I will not be purchasing any Cookware from Rachael Ray again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Being an avid tea drinker, I was so excited to see Rachael Ray’s tea kettle in my favorite color orange at my local Walmart Supercenter, so I purchased it and was looking toward to matching it to my other Rachael Ray kitchenware. I have her knives along with the oil dispenser, an entire pots and pans cookware set, and many different sizes of her orange baking dishes. Long story short, I didn't mind paying over 30 dollars for the tea kettle but on the second use I heard a crackling sound coming from my stove top and it was the orange paint popping right off the kettle. Super disappointed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I picked this pan up at a Sears liquidation sale for about 18 dollars and it is of about the quality you could expect from a $18 pan. Pros: The handle is of good quality, is slightly oven safe (up to 350f), and is riveted to the pan for a longer lasting hold. It is light for its size and browns food beautifully. The pan has few nooks or crannies and cleans up easily with the help of some barman’s friend. Cons: the pan is disk bottomed and so likely to fall apart eventually, and the bottom has too much aluminum and too little stainless steel.

The reason the composition of the bottom matters so much is because it determines how well your pan heats up. Too much stainless steel and your pan takes forever to heat up and doesn't seem to ever reach high temperatures necessary for searing; too much aluminum and your pan heats out of control and even cooking at medium can smoke you out of your kitchen, but it can't maintain heat when you put something cold into it.

Aluminum is a fantastic conductor of heat (protip: putting defrosting items on an aluminum baking sheet speeds up the process significantly) but when on a stovetop that often translates to uncontrollable temperature variation. Putting a chicken breast on a hot pan skin down to sear could result in the pan smoking and hissing at you when it sets down, then cooling down too much to finish the crust and then blackening the drippings you're trying to make a pan sauce with. The reason this is such an issue for those with non-stick coating is the delicate babying the coating requires includes no high temperatures and the ceramic coating on the outside of the pan would not respond well to sudden temperature variations.

My suggestion: see if you can return your pan if you can't stand the idea of swallowing the costs of these pans as a temporary/disposable item and get all-clad. Consider getting stainless steel pans and steel wool or getting cast iron and learning how to season it properly (once well seasoned cast iron has a significantly sturdier non-stick coating than Teflon): once you take into account how delicate you need to be with non-stick surfaces and that you can't sear/brown anything with them they start to lose their credibility as the most practical option. I keep a non-stick crepe pan for delicate tasks like eggs, tortillas and European pancakes.

If you can't return them or if you just want to get your monies worth now that you've got them I'd suggest treating your medium like it's high and letting food reach room temperature before putting it in the pan. It's not hopeless, you can keep these pans going for a good long while if you know what you're doing with them. :)

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I bought a set of turquoise blue Rachael Ray pots and pans last year for Christmas and the whole year hasn't even rolled around in the inside of my pots and pans are peeling which gets in my food. I paid over $100 for this project and I am not pleased at all. My sister is the one who told me to buy this product because it was a very good set of pots and pans. Boy was she wrong.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I only had the orange cookware of Rachel Ray for a little over a year and the medium size pot is already peeling. Don't put it in the dishwasher. I always hand wash and I use bamboo utensils, is there any way I can get a replacement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Cookware?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I bought Rachael Ray's Cookware set (orange) from Target over a year ago! I was very pleased with the product at first. The pots and pans are lightweight and cook well, however, I noticed pitting in the paint on three of the pans. I hand wash my pots and pans. They have never seen the automatic dishwasher. I must say I was very surprised that Rachael Ray would attach her name to these pots and pans! I have always liked to watch Rachael's cooking show and any other show of hers and this does not fit her at all. It is my hope that she will truly stand behind her lifetime limited warranty that she put in place on these products. I paid over $150.00 for these and am hopeful that she will do the right thing and reimburse people for these defective products. It has definitely tainted her good name. So sad!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I received the Rachael Ray Orange Cookware as Christmas Present last year. I have been using about three times a day and I love it. I read a lot of negative reviews. I think the owners have not followed the recommended guidelines. Absolutely NO HIGH HEAT! Save that for your black Iron skillet. You do need high heat. When I use oils it's Olive oil. I also have the bakeware and it is great. I would recommend this to anyone. Most people don't even read the guidelines for products they buy myself included.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I bought the small orange oil dispenser from Rachael Ray from Walmart about a week ago. Came home washed it first and let it dry overnight. In the morning I filled the bottle with oil and left it on the counter. I didn't cook lunch that day, but when it was time for dinner I was going to use the oil bottle and it's sitting in puddle of oil. I think the glaze on the bottle itself was not properly done, but I spend $15.00 on something I can just simply throw in garbage. It's just not OK!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Dissatisfied with hard enamel cookware non-stick coming off. I am very disappointed in my cookware and the reply I received from the warranty submission. I couldn't wait to get my cookware for my new kitchen! The big pan did not last at all. When I say, I was over-protective of my cookware, it is an understatement. Never once was a sharp fork, spoon, knife, etc. used. The reply back from the warranty submission department directed me to what is NOT covered and basically said it was abused. Lots of money down the drain and I WILL NOT be buying it again... So disappointed in the cookware and the customer service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I was very excited when I received a Rachael Ray skillet and spatula for Mother's Day 2017. But to my surprise I ended up being very disappointed. This skillet has actually ruined 2 burners on my stove. The paint or porcelain has melted onto the burners. I've tried to clean and remove the blue paint/porcelain with no results. I also wonder how harmful this was to me. What is the paint/porcelain made with? Every time I cooked with the skillet it would smoke really bad. I just assumed it was going to stop after a couple of uses but it didn't. I received a gift that actually cost me a lot of money. Rachael Ray should be ashamed of herself for selling this product.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN WITH THIS REVIEW - OTHER THAN DON'T BUY RACHAEL RAY ANYTHING!!! I was given a gift of the Rachael Ray Dinnerware as a birthday gift in November. The dishes say they are microwave and dishwasher safe. Don't believe this for one minute!! The microwave cracked 2 of the salad dishes. I contacted the store and they said unfortunately they don't have extra pieces and that I would have to send the whole set back and they would replace the set. That was in February of this year 2017. Due to circumstances out of my control I didn't get them mailed back until July 6. I emailed the same person I emailed originally and explained that I was just now shipping back. I didn't get a reply so I assumed it was ok.

Now, I'm a month out and the VERY RUDE MERIDETH AT ** said it was too long out, the store was now closed, and that there was nothing could be done. She told me the person I had sent the email to was no longer there and it had been too long to make this situation right!! I then spoke to the manager to issue a complaint and his tone with me was better however he said that I had no options. Said the email should have bounced back to me - well it didn't!! He is to check with the warehouse and try to locate my returned dishes and send them back to me... broken of course!! I MUST SAY - DO NOT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A RACHAEL RAY PRODUCT!! They offer no recourse and they don't stand behind their products!! So done with Rachael Ray!!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I ordered the orange Cookware from Seventh Avenue. I wanted a change from the Revere Ware I had for years. I purchased this set and the orange enamel is all scratched. It looks awful. She should stand but her products. One of the skillets got scratched, noticed when making an omelette.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I purchased a Rachael Ray Cookware Set with lifetime warranty. Before the first year I noticed the bottom of one of the pans had chips in the orange finish. I proceeded to fill out a warranty form with pictures included and the following is their response. "We have very carefully inspected the product photos you provided. We regret we will be unable to fulfill one or more of your warranty replacement(s) due to your item(s) shows no signs of any visual defects." My pictures show 3 different places that have nicks meaning the orange finish is gone. Also the entire set sits flat in my kitchen draws. Plus I have a glass stove top.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Bought the $149 set and first time using the frying pan on my new stove on medium heat. It sounded like a gunshot and there was a small hole that blew through the bottom. Thank god I stepped away from it and was at the fridge when it happened. So upset over it. Took me 6 months of begging my husband to buy it for me and then this happens. I called the company and was giving a runaround for 3 days. Then told "well this is the first time we have heard of this happening". They took my name and address and said I would hear back from them. Well 3 months later still nothing. Won't ever buy another Rachael Ray product again. And would appreciate my money back! I was going to take it back to the store but when I called they said hold onto it until I hear back. Well still waiting and too late to take it back. Got screwed on it all ways.

Original review: June 13, 2017

My husband got me the orange Rachael Ray Cookware set for Christmas to go with our newly renovated kitchen. Within a few months the product started to rust. My cookie sheets bottoms are so rusted I have to put aluminum foil over them not the top. To me that's sad to pay so much for a product from a well known person and it to be such a POS. I will never buy anything from her again. When I see people at the store looking at her products I show them pictures of my cookware and tell them it's not worth the money. Also when washing by hand or in dishwasher around the handles on the inside of pots food gets stuck under the bolts holding it together to the point I have to use a tooth pick to get the food out.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Purchased red/orange pots and pans about one year ago, maybe more. Can't remember. When I wash them, the color rubs off on my gloves, hand towels and sponge. I use Method Dish Soap - with non-toxic, plant-based powergreen technology. Really??? Purchased them at Target using a coupon downloaded from RR as a promotion from watching her show. What's the deal with this? Not impressed, I have to say. Please advise.

Original review: April 27, 2017

First let me say how disappointed I am in reading all the reviews that Rachael Ray doesn't back her own product, it really makes a person look at her different now, I bought her stainless steel set of pots and pans and to be brutally honest they have been nothing but a nightmare. I haven't found anything good about them. Everything sticks to them. Once the fry pan almost caught my whole house on fire, I don't need to say anything more, this is very sad that she not the person I thought she was, by her actions it pretty much says it all, I guess it's worth the money to find out who she is.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I received your non-stick pot and pans for a housewarming present. I have noticed they are starting to flake off especially on the sauce pans. I fear in going to have to trash them because I don't want my granddaughters eating any of the materials coming off the product. It has only been about 2 years. I never put them in the dishwasher and hand wash them very carefully. The products are unsafe now and I will not use them. Would not recommend buying Rachael Ray's cookware at all.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I purchased my Rachael Ray - Pot & Pan Set through QVC maybe 2 years ago. I like it BUT, it's lost its nice green color, the two big pans have warped (and I have a flat top glass stove). I don't think I will ever buy her sets again!

Original review: April 7, 2017

We got the red set and had about 5 months' time. Never used in the dishwasher and did not even use THAT often! The red literally was making my dishwater red to the point I had to drain the sink. I thought maybe it was a "first time" thing but nope...every single time. That was the pot. The PANS bled but not as much red I assume due to the smaller size? However, the inside of those peeled... I will stick with my cast iron stuff. It cooks better anyhow. TOTAL waste of $150.00.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I received a Rachael Ray cookware set for Christmas and I was so happy about it, as I had been wanting one. Much to my surprise, I am totally disappointed in them. The paint literally just rubs right off of them!! My pots and pans are red, and now all my white kitchen towels are red too!! Also, the baking sheets (cookie sheets) do not come clean, they look years old... So very disappointed.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I bought a orange Rachael Ray porcelain frying pan at a garage sale. I paid $2 for it, which was over what I normally pay for cookware at a garage sale. I could not believe what I saw. Immediately pan burnt. I am thinking OK maybe this is the famous cooking utensil that creates the wonderful blackened (whatever you want blackened) fish or whatever. I then grabbed hold of handle to stop pan from sliding as I flipped over my pork chop... Burnt the ** out of my hand, then by sticking a fork in the pork chop, must have released a trace of oil which immediately shot 41/2 foot flames in the air, slightly burning the kitchen ceiling. Never again. The pan looks like a burnt Halloween experiment. I will wait till morning when pan cools to toss it.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I had received a stoneware casserole dish as a gift and had no problems using it until recently when I had a roast in the oven and smelled something burning shortly after I checked on the roast. I opened the oven and found that the dish had split down the middle and the juices were spilling all over the oven, dripping down to the lower oven (it is a recently purchased double wall oven) and even getting between the glass of the door which I am unable to access in order to clean. Not only is this a HUGE MESS, but potentially a tremendously dangerous situation! Thank God this did not happen when I was pulling out the dish from the oven! There were no previous incidents of damage to the dish and no notable cracks before this incident and the oven temperature was not excessively high. This cookware is dangerous!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I got a set of these pan over a year ago. And right of the bat the coating on all the pans failed. I got ahold RR warranty claims department and filled out all their stuff for a warranty and in the end they wouldn't replace not even one pan. -5 stars. Don't buy if you're looking long term. First review I've ever filled out in my life!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

This is without a doubt the very worst Cookware Set I have ever purchased! I bought the 10 piece Non-Stick Set at Walmart in the Teal Color. The color is what really caught my attention. I had never tried Rachael Ray Cookware before so I thought I would give it a try. First of all... TWO of the Pots had scratches on the outside of the pots when I took them out of the Box. These scratches were bad enough that they should have been noticed and never packaged.

Secondly, the bottoms of the skillets are extremely slick. I was frying pork chops and when I started to turn the chops over, the skillet almost slid off the burner... with HOT grease in it!! These are dangerous to be cooking with. Thirdly, the whole cookware set is extremely lightweight and flimsy. As I stated, this is the very worst cookware set I have ever purchased. These should be taken off the market. Someone is going to be burnt very badly trying to use these skillets. Just absolutely unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

It's the WORST cookware I have ever purchased. I bought the RED POTS AND PANS set from QVC a few years ago. The products are red and have silicone handles. From the date of receipt there have been issues. The handle on the steamer broke. After multiple attempts to resolve the issue, I was sent a replacement. The paint on every piece pot and pan is coming off. I hand-wash them, and the red paint is all over my sponges and the dish towels I use to dry them. I would never in a million years recommend this product.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I bought the 3 piece yellow ceramic baking dishes. I sent one back after it cracked. Another broke in two pieces while I had food baking in it and made a mess in the oven. And yet a 3rd has cracked. I will be throwing out for fear it, too, will crack all the way through.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Shattered glass bakeware 9 by 13 dish. This product is not safe! I am writing this review to caution others. I received a nice Rachael Ray baking dish with an insulated cover and decided to use this gift for the first time for a casserole dish for church. I have been cooking in Pyrex, CorningWare, and numerous other baking dishes for years without a problem. My oven is consistent with temperature and reliable.

This Rachael Ray dish exploded in my oven (at 350 degrees) 8 minutes into cooking. The dish broke apart into hundreds of small pieces causing a big mess. The photos of the dish in the oven show the glass pieces, and the other photo is part of the cleanup showing the many small pieces of glass mixed in with the food. I heard the noise, which sounded like ice falling off a roof in New England. I plan to send pictures I took to the RR warranty center, but since they want the product returned (absolutely impossible in this situation, and not safe to do) I have no confidence that anything will be addressed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I have only used this large baking dish(red) three times and it has cracked so bad I have a hard time washing it. I don't think I will be buying Rachael Ray products again. I do have other cookware of hers and no problems yet but expect them to do the same. Hope not but... :(

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

They are elegant and very useful for cooking food without burning. When cooking with these cookware for one, I don't have to constantly watch your food while it's cooking most of the time. Plus you don't have to turn your burner up on high. Just adjust your burner from low to medium for cooking. Including also when using your skillet for frying purposes - just keep your stove burner on medium. Your food taste better without cooking it fast. I just love Rachel Ray's cookware for the beauty of them. They serve the purpose for cooking better and they are extremely easier to wash. I'd like to have more of Rachel Ray's cookware. If you don't have any of Rachel Ray's Cookware, then I encourage you to buy and try them out. I'm sure you will fall in love with them.

Rachael Ray Cookware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sporting the name of TV personality and chef Rachael Ray, the Rachael Ray Cookware collections can be found at most major retailers. Bright colors and fun accents are the cookware's hallmark.

• Colorful: When buying Rachael Ray products, consumers can choose cookware with a colorful exterior, or with colorful handles.

• Heat-resistant handles: The pots and pans of this cookware line are equipped with plastic handles that do not heat up with the cookware.

• Large product line: In addition to several cookware sets, the Rachael Ray Cookware also includes pieces such as a double-burner griddle, a griddle and glass press set and a butter warmer with a pour spout.

• Suction lids: While the cookware comes with a glass or stainless steel lid, suction lids can be purchased separately to allow leftovers to be stored safely.

• Best for: Beginner cooks and home cooks.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs