1.46/5

Looking for new cookware?

223 Rachael Ray Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2019

My friend bought me these for my birthday. I wanted them so bad I have the orange ones now. I'm so disappointed all the non stick stuff has come off and they're not supposed to. I want to know how Rachael Ray is going to stick to her word that these do not fall apart. I'm just saying don't buy these because they are very unsatisfactory and if anyone knows how to get them replaced let me know please.

Original review: March 3, 2019

My kids got this set for Mother’s Day last year. They were so pretty, but not anymore. They were originally grey! The bottoms look burned and color is ruined. (The cookie sheet is the worst. Pops every time when it comes out of the oven).

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

These are horrible baking sheets-- never waste money on Rachael Ray supplies. Every single time I use them (I've had them for a year now, just getting worse), they "crash" in my oven because they're warping with the heat (whether it's 300 or 400 or 425 degrees). The non-stick thing is a joke-- even with greasing agents, there's residue left on that's super difficult if not impossible to get off. The silicone grips started bubbling after a few uses and are totally distorted, as well. Whole product line should be taken off the shelves. Product: Rachael Ray Yum-o! Nonstick Bakeware 3-Piece Oven Lovin’ Cookie Pan Set, Gray with Orange Silicone Grips.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Bought the Rachel Ray set for my wife as a gift because she wanted new pots and pans. What a mistake. The non stick Teflon didn’t even last a year before peeling. The outside ‘shine’ of the paint has turned a dry red with a white haze over it. Rachel Ray show went downhill, then she gets caught lying about the ingredients in her dog food brand, and now I find thousands of bad reviews on her cooking products. We won’t be purchasing anymore Rachel Ray products and we don’t watch her show anymore.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

How do you screw up a pizza stone? The Rachael Ray company has found the secret. This pizza stone destroys everything that touches it. I've used them for years to make pizza crust, biscuits, any type of bread, and they come out fabulous. Not this one. Used it twice, to bake Naan Bread & a pizza crust. Both stuck like glue (yes, it was oiled), had to be aggressively scraped off, and broke into small bits. I mean, they were totally obliterated. Never seen anything like it. I wish I had found these reviews prior to purchasing, but lesson learned. Have to go clean the stone up now, will make a fine clay pigeon that I'll thoroughly enjoy watching being blown to smithereens.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Cookware?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have the orange Rachael Ray cookie sheets. The enamel started coming off after about the fifth use and by the six used it was just really horrible. I’ve never put them in the dishwasher and the highest heat I’ve used for cookies is 325. I just filed a warranty claim with the company but looking at other reviews other people were denied so I am guessing that I will get tonight as well. Don’t buy her products.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My mother purchased these when I moved into my little home (because this is EXACTLY what I told her I wanted). In the beginning they were AWESOME! I loved to cook because nothing would get stuck to the pan/pot & they were so easy to clean! One of my pans was not evenly round so the top didn’t fit from the get go. I would SCRUB the outside bottom because they would get really black from the fire. And little by little it became harder and harder to get it off- to be honest I actually QUIT trying to take it all off-so now my nice pretty blue pans are ugly and black at the bottom! I would say around the 6 month mark I noticed the bottom of the inside of the 3 pots were all peeling (the non stick)!

I hate using them to cook but for the price my mother paid for them I have no choice (that and because money is tight at the moment & because I don’t have any other pots/pans here). I regret asking for these pots/pans because they didn’t last 6 months without problems. It’s been 2 weeks over a year of having them and I’m hoping SOMEONE buys me new ones for Christmas because I feel it’s so UNSAFE for all that black nonstick stuff from the bottom of the pots/pans to be floating or stuck on my food. I do not have a dishwasher therefore I have always washed these by HAND! Don’t waste your $$$ buying these because they’re pretty - they won’t last very long! PURE REGRET!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I was given A Rachel Ray cookware set for Christmas last year 2017. Not even a year later the bottoms of the skillets started to peel and leave black particles on our food. The large pot did the same. I too never used a dishwasher for this set as I did not have one, I always hand washed this set. Would never buy this set again (was a gift).

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I purchased a Rachael Ray stoneware set. After the 4th use it broke completely around the bottom (almost losing all the hot contents/burning myself). The dish clearly says oven safe. All they would offer is a guarantee it was OK right from the box. They do not stand by their product! They offered a 15% off a future purchase. When I told the rep I would never buy another Rachael Ray dish because they do not stand by their products, she said she understood and apologized and quickly disconnected from the chat and didn't even try to attempt any further customer service. HORRIBLE!! I will never ever buy a Rachael Ray product again and I will be sure to warn everyone else I know about their terrible customer service and products. I don't typically write any consumer reviews but they need to be called out for their horrible service!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have two sets of the Rachael Ray nonstick cookware. One in red and one set in blue. They are about three years old now and in the last year I have noticed three of my skillets and two of the lids are warped. So badly that the lids will not fit on the skillets or pots. I’m so disappointed and upset about it. I know it’s not my fault as I have been so careful with them and taken good care of them. I don’t recommend this set to anyone!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I purchased about 2,000 dollars worth off Rachael Ray products about 3 years ago. I have nothing to show for it now. Every single item did not hold up more than a year or two at best. The cookware was the worst I have ever purchased. The bakeware all cracked when put in the oven! I made a casserole and the whole thing fell on the floor while I was left only holding the handles. Why would Rachael put her name on garbage and take the hard earned money of people who believed in her. If I see her name on anything I will never purchase. I have stopped watching her show. I think she is a fraud.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have a set of Rachael Ray Cookware. The bottom of the small frying pan is peeling off and the set is not even a year old. It has never been in the dishwasher. I hand wash. I would like to file a complaint but can't find anywhere to do so. This was given to me as a gift so I don't have a receipt.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I purchased what I thought was a good set of cookware (pot/pan) from Rachael Ray about a year ago. I have taken very good care of it to no avail though. My "new" set looks like it's been in World War II! My old set that I threw away looked better than the "new Rachael Ray" set of cookware. I've complained to Rachael Ray's website but evidently they don't care about you once you give Rachael the money you spent. WOULD NEVER purchase a product of Rachael Ray's ever again!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Rachael Ray cookware 10 piece - These pots and pans are the worst cookware I have ever used... within a month the enamel on the outside was wearing off... within 4 months the inside stopped being non-stick. They are not worth it!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

We bought a set of stainless steel pots/pans about 3 months ago. I love to cook and was excited to be getting rid of our old set for something new and shiny. How I long to have that old set back. These are the worst pots/pans I've ever owned. I understand that stainless steel cooks differently so my husband and I have tried all kinds of things like turning down the heat, more oil, etc. It seems no matter what we do, everything sticks to these pans.

After 1 use, the pan looks discolored and old. Unfortunately, I cannot return them to the store we purchased them from because they're used and I contacted their warranty department which informed me that unless there's an actual defect, there's nothing they can do. And they advised me to use even more oil and butter! I bought into the hype that they must be good because Rachael's name is on them. That's my fault. I wouldn't advise anyone to waste their money on these pots/pans because you'll end up spending more money in steel wool just to get your potatoes off the pan.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My husband purchased Rachael Ray pan set for me one year ago... I have never experienced such trashy pans. They do not wash up good and have black marks everywhere. I absolutely hate them and the only good thing about them was the color. They were a nice bright orange but that didn't last long and now they're so ugly. I want my money back and I would like to know why she was allowed to get away with this awful mess???

Original review: March 30, 2018

I purchased Rachael Ray Hard Enamel Cookware Set (10-Piece): Orange that had no enamel coating on any of the pans and the paint wipes off with paper towels, flakes off on stove while cooking... Submitted a complaint with Rachael Ray warranty web page ID #**. I submitted pictures of cookware & paper towel covered with paint, yet they closed my request. Very frustrated. I have to buy new cookware while this company is not responsible for their poisonous product.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I bought 3 different size pots by Rachel Ray. After a while of cooking in them all of them have warp! This is very disheartening, because I love the fact that they are truly non stick!!! The pots warp after using a while and then the tops no longer fit!!! Sad!!! These pots are not worth the money, because now I have to replace them after only having them for about 1 1/2 years. I will not purchase any more of these pots!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I bought a set of Rachael Ray dishes at Costco (16 count) and I have used them for two years and have every regret you can encounter. A lot of them have cracked exactly down the middle. I have already replaced the set. A strong dinner plate cannot be that difficult to produce.I bought these because they were what I thought was a bargain. They are horrible, a waste of money and I will never patronize that brand again.

Resolution response: Jan. 30, 2018

Without any communications I received a new dish set in the mail. Would have been nice to have communications, but least I got it replaced as I wanted.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Had a red 13" cookware handle break off when taking out of oven spilling everything. Only had the dish less than a year. Tried calling their number for customer relations only to have no option to speak to someone. Was told go online and send email. Did that a week ago, not reply yet. Have to try chat but not too high an expectation. Terrible quality and relations so far.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

This is the entirely worst pot set I have ever owned! I have tried several times to find who I can talk to about my warranty! This pot set got burnt so bad from normal cooking within weeks. Looks like I’ve had the set for years! It was discolored and horrible quality. I spent about $180 on the set and I am unhappy with it! Need pictures just ask me!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I had a pot roast on yesterday for a couple of hours on a low heat. Suddenly I hear a pop sound I thought was a soda or water plastic bottle. I go in my kitchen and the top on my pot (Rachael Ray Cookware) had shattered all over the place in the roast and stove. I took pictures. I’m scared to use them again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I would not buy Rachael Ray anything. They really do not support their products. I have a baking dish which came as a set and a housewarming gift which maybe has been used 3 times. When using yesterday and heating something in the oven the handle broke off and spilled the food and almost broke the oven door. When I contacted the company they said, "You have 30 days." Who uses something everyday in the first 30 days to see if it is going to break. From what I see online it is NOT worth the money when you can buy something cheaper and it will probably last longer

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Non stick is coming off - I purchased the 10x15 baking pan in Orange less than a year ago. I emailed Farberware as instructed and was told, "We have very carefully inspected the product photos you provided. We regret we will be unable to fulfill your request for warranty replacement because your kitchen product was not sold with a warranty." How can that be when her products come with a lifetime warranty.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Cooking on my stovetop, medium high heat and the lid shattered! Needless to say dinner was ruined, and because glass shattered I had little pieces all over my stove! Will NEVER buy ANY of her products again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Rachael Ray Hard Enamel Cookware Set - Purchased recently by my husband as a gift- the worse set of cookware I have ever had! After the first use, the lovely color was so marked with black "burn marks" that I could not get completely off. Pans do not sit flat on the burners. Most recent use the small fry pan caught fire at the area of where the handle connects to the pan! I love Rachael, I spoke to Meyer mfg. on the issues and got no satisfaction at all. I should spend time to take numerous pics of the damage, upload it to them to consider whether they want to do anything at all. Or take a coupon to buy other set on their website!! Good luck with that!!! I find it so hard to believe that Rachael would put her name on such a disaster! I am posting this message to hopefully prevent anyone else from wasting their hard earned money!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I purchased a set of Rachael Ray bakeware. I always handwash my pans. The inside coating of pans comes off and into the food. The last straw was baking dinner rolls for Thanksgiving dinner. Ended up tossed the whole pan of rolls (and the pan) out. Bottom of rolls covered with inside coating. Never so upset, especially with a houseful of guests. ;-(

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I purchased this set of Rachael Ray Cookware two years ago. They claim to be dishwasher safe. Dishwasher may be okay on the inside portion however the outside color is awful! My beautiful red set is now pink! The clear coat washed off and the red color is just slowly washing away. Giving the fact I paid nearly $200 for RED Cookware I am very very dissatisfied! The feeling of the pan now that the clear coat is gone is the worst nails on a chalkboard feeling. I can barely stand the handle the pans. I will not be purchasing any Cookware from Rachael Ray again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Being an avid tea drinker, I was so excited to see Rachael Ray’s tea kettle in my favorite color orange at my local Walmart Supercenter, so I purchased it and was looking toward to matching it to my other Rachael Ray kitchenware. I have her knives along with the oil dispenser, an entire pots and pans cookware set, and many different sizes of her orange baking dishes. Long story short, I didn't mind paying over 30 dollars for the tea kettle but on the second use I heard a crackling sound coming from my stove top and it was the orange paint popping right off the kettle. Super disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I picked this pan up at a Sears liquidation sale for about 18 dollars and it is of about the quality you could expect from a $18 pan. Pros: The handle is of good quality, is slightly oven safe (up to 350f), and is riveted to the pan for a longer lasting hold. It is light for its size and browns food beautifully. The pan has few nooks or crannies and cleans up easily with the help of some barman’s friend. Cons: the pan is disk bottomed and so likely to fall apart eventually, and the bottom has too much aluminum and too little stainless steel.

The reason the composition of the bottom matters so much is because it determines how well your pan heats up. Too much stainless steel and your pan takes forever to heat up and doesn't seem to ever reach high temperatures necessary for searing; too much aluminum and your pan heats out of control and even cooking at medium can smoke you out of your kitchen, but it can't maintain heat when you put something cold into it.

Aluminum is a fantastic conductor of heat (protip: putting defrosting items on an aluminum baking sheet speeds up the process significantly) but when on a stovetop that often translates to uncontrollable temperature variation. Putting a chicken breast on a hot pan skin down to sear could result in the pan smoking and hissing at you when it sets down, then cooling down too much to finish the crust and then blackening the drippings you're trying to make a pan sauce with. The reason this is such an issue for those with non-stick coating is the delicate babying the coating requires includes no high temperatures and the ceramic coating on the outside of the pan would not respond well to sudden temperature variations.

My suggestion: see if you can return your pan if you can't stand the idea of swallowing the costs of these pans as a temporary/disposable item and get all-clad. Consider getting stainless steel pans and steel wool or getting cast iron and learning how to season it properly (once well seasoned cast iron has a significantly sturdier non-stick coating than Teflon): once you take into account how delicate you need to be with non-stick surfaces and that you can't sear/brown anything with them they start to lose their credibility as the most practical option. I keep a non-stick crepe pan for delicate tasks like eggs, tortillas and European pancakes.

If you can't return them or if you just want to get your monies worth now that you've got them I'd suggest treating your medium like it's high and letting food reach room temperature before putting it in the pan. It's not hopeless, you can keep these pans going for a good long while if you know what you're doing with them. :)

Rachael Ray Cookware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sporting the name of TV personality and chef Rachael Ray, the Rachael Ray Cookware collections can be found at most major retailers. Bright colors and fun accents are the cookware's hallmark.

• Colorful: When buying Rachael Ray products, consumers can choose cookware with a colorful exterior, or with colorful handles.

• Heat-resistant handles: The pots and pans of this cookware line are equipped with plastic handles that do not heat up with the cookware.

• Large product line: In addition to several cookware sets, the Rachael Ray Cookware also includes pieces such as a double-burner griddle, a griddle and glass press set and a butter warmer with a pour spout.

• Suction lids: While the cookware comes with a glass or stainless steel lid, suction lids can be purchased separately to allow leftovers to be stored safely.

• Best for: Beginner cooks and home cooks.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs