Rachael Ray Cookware

Compare Cookware Brands

Research top Cookware Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was very excited when I received a Rachael Ray skillet and spatula for Mother's Day 2017. But to my surprise I ended up being very disappointed. This skillet has actually ruined 2 burners on my stove. The paint or porcelain has melted onto the burners. I've tried to clean and remove the blue paint/porcelain with no results. I also wonder how harmful this was to me. What is the paint/porcelain made with? Every time I cooked with the skillet it would smoke really bad. I just assumed it was going to stop after a couple of uses but it didn't. I received a gift that actually cost me a lot of money. Rachael Ray should be ashamed of herself for selling this product.

I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN WITH THIS REVIEW - OTHER THAN DON'T BUY RACHAEL RAY ANYTHING!!! I was given a gift of the Rachael Ray Dinnerware as a birthday gift in November. The dishes say they are microwave and dishwasher safe. Don't believe this for one minute!! The microwave cracked 2 of the salad dishes. I contacted the store and they said unfortunately they don't have extra pieces and that I would have to send the whole set back and they would replace the set. That was in February of this year 2017. Due to circumstances out of my control I didn't get them mailed back until July 6. I emailed the same person I emailed originally and explained that I was just now shipping back. I didn't get a reply so I assumed it was ok.

Now, I'm a month out and the VERY RUDE MERIDETH AT ** said it was too long out, the store was now closed, and that there was nothing could be done. She told me the person I had sent the email to was no longer there and it had been too long to make this situation right!! I then spoke to the manager to issue a complaint and his tone with me was better however he said that I had no options. Said the email should have bounced back to me - well it didn't!! He is to check with the warehouse and try to locate my returned dishes and send them back to me... broken of course!! I MUST SAY - DO NOT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A RACHAEL RAY PRODUCT!! They offer no recourse and they don't stand behind their products!! So done with Rachael Ray!!!

I ordered the orange Cookware from Seventh Avenue. I wanted a change from the Revere Ware I had for years. I purchased this set and the orange enamel is all scratched. It looks awful. She should stand but her products. One of the skillets got scratched, noticed when making an omelette.

I purchased a Rachael Ray Cookware Set with lifetime warranty. Before the first year I noticed the bottom of one of the pans had chips in the orange finish. I proceeded to fill out a warranty form with pictures included and the following is their response. "We have very carefully inspected the product photos you provided. We regret we will be unable to fulfill one or more of your warranty replacement(s) due to your item(s) shows no signs of any visual defects." My pictures show 3 different places that have nicks meaning the orange finish is gone. Also the entire set sits flat in my kitchen draws. Plus I have a glass stove top.

Bought the $149 set and first time using the frying pan on my new stove on medium heat. It sounded like a gunshot and there was a small hole that blew through the bottom. Thank god I stepped away from it and was at the fridge when it happened. So upset over it. Took me 6 months of begging my husband to buy it for me and then this happens. I called the company and was giving a runaround for 3 days. Then told "well this is the first time we have heard of this happening". They took my name and address and said I would hear back from them. Well 3 months later still nothing. Won't ever buy another Rachael Ray product again. And would appreciate my money back! I was going to take it back to the store but when I called they said hold onto it until I hear back. Well still waiting and too late to take it back. Got screwed on it all ways.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Cookware?

My husband got me the orange Rachael Ray Cookware set for Christmas to go with our newly renovated kitchen. Within a few months the product started to rust. My cookie sheets bottoms are so rusted I have to put aluminum foil over them not the top. To me that's sad to pay so much for a product from a well known person and it to be such a POS. I will never buy anything from her again. When I see people at the store looking at her products I show them pictures of my cookware and tell them it's not worth the money. Also when washing by hand or in dishwasher around the handles on the inside of pots food gets stuck under the bolts holding it together to the point I have to use a tooth pick to get the food out.

Purchased red/orange pots and pans about one year ago, maybe more. Can't remember. When I wash them, the color rubs off on my gloves, hand towels and sponge. I use Method Dish Soap - with non-toxic, plant-based powergreen technology. Really??? Purchased them at Target using a coupon downloaded from RR as a promotion from watching her show. What's the deal with this? Not impressed, I have to say. Please advise.

First let me say how disappointed I am in reading all the reviews that Rachael Ray doesn't back her own product, it really makes a person look at her different now, I bought her stainless steel set of pots and pans and to be brutally honest they have been nothing but a nightmare. I haven't found anything good about them. Everything sticks to them. Once the fry pan almost caught my whole house on fire, I don't need to say anything more, this is very sad that she not the person I thought she was, by her actions it pretty much says it all, I guess it's worth the money to find out who she is.

I received your non-stick pot and pans for a housewarming present. I have noticed they are starting to flake off especially on the sauce pans. I fear in going to have to trash them because I don't want my granddaughters eating any of the materials coming off the product. It has only been about 2 years. I never put them in the dishwasher and hand wash them very carefully. The products are unsafe now and I will not use them. Would not recommend buying Rachael Ray's cookware at all.

I purchased my Rachael Ray - Pot & Pan Set through QVC maybe 2 years ago. I like it BUT, it's lost its nice green color, the two big pans have warped (and I have a flat top glass stove). I don't think I will ever buy her sets again!

We got the red set and had about 5 months' time. Never used in the dishwasher and did not even use THAT often! The red literally was making my dishwater red to the point I had to drain the sink. I thought maybe it was a "first time" thing but nope...every single time. That was the pot. The PANS bled but not as much red I assume due to the smaller size? However, the inside of those peeled... I will stick with my cast iron stuff. It cooks better anyhow. TOTAL waste of $150.00.

I received a Rachael Ray cookware set for Christmas and I was so happy about it, as I had been wanting one. Much to my surprise, I am totally disappointed in them. The paint literally just rubs right off of them!! My pots and pans are red, and now all my white kitchen towels are red too!! Also, the baking sheets (cookie sheets) do not come clean, they look years old... So very disappointed.

I bought a orange Rachael Ray porcelain frying pan at a garage sale. I paid $2 for it, which was over what I normally pay for cookware at a garage sale. I could not believe what I saw. Immediately pan burnt. I am thinking OK maybe this is the famous cooking utensil that creates the wonderful blackened (whatever you want blackened) fish or whatever. I then grabbed hold of handle to stop pan from sliding as I flipped over my pork chop... Burnt the ** out of my hand, then by sticking a fork in the pork chop, must have released a trace of oil which immediately shot 41/2 foot flames in the air, slightly burning the kitchen ceiling. Never again. The pan looks like a burnt Halloween experiment. I will wait till morning when pan cools to toss it.

I had received a stoneware casserole dish as a gift and had no problems using it until recently when I had a roast in the oven and smelled something burning shortly after I checked on the roast. I opened the oven and found that the dish had split down the middle and the juices were spilling all over the oven, dripping down to the lower oven (it is a recently purchased double wall oven) and even getting between the glass of the door which I am unable to access in order to clean. Not only is this a HUGE MESS, but potentially a tremendously dangerous situation! Thank God this did not happen when I was pulling out the dish from the oven! There were no previous incidents of damage to the dish and no notable cracks before this incident and the oven temperature was not excessively high. This cookware is dangerous!

I got a set of these pan over a year ago. And right of the bat the coating on all the pans failed. I got ahold RR warranty claims department and filled out all their stuff for a warranty and in the end they wouldn't replace not even one pan. -5 stars. Don't buy if you're looking long term. First review I've ever filled out in my life!

This is without a doubt the very worst Cookware Set I have ever purchased! I bought the 10 piece Non-Stick Set at Walmart in the Teal Color. The color is what really caught my attention. I had never tried Rachael Ray Cookware before so I thought I would give it a try. First of all... TWO of the Pots had scratches on the outside of the pots when I took them out of the Box. These scratches were bad enough that they should have been noticed and never packaged.

Secondly, the bottoms of the skillets are extremely slick. I was frying pork chops and when I started to turn the chops over, the skillet almost slid off the burner... with HOT grease in it!! These are dangerous to be cooking with. Thirdly, the whole cookware set is extremely lightweight and flimsy. As I stated, this is the very worst cookware set I have ever purchased. These should be taken off the market. Someone is going to be burnt very badly trying to use these skillets. Just absolutely unacceptable.

It's the WORST cookware I have ever purchased. I bought the RED POTS AND PANS set from QVC a few years ago. The products are red and have silicone handles. From the date of receipt there have been issues. The handle on the steamer broke. After multiple attempts to resolve the issue, I was sent a replacement. The paint on every piece pot and pan is coming off. I hand-wash them, and the red paint is all over my sponges and the dish towels I use to dry them. I would never in a million years recommend this product.

I bought the 3 piece yellow ceramic baking dishes. I sent one back after it cracked. Another broke in two pieces while I had food baking in it and made a mess in the oven. And yet a 3rd has cracked. I will be throwing out for fear it, too, will crack all the way through.

Shattered glass bakeware 9 by 13 dish. This product is not safe! I am writing this review to caution others. I received a nice Rachael Ray baking dish with an insulated cover and decided to use this gift for the first time for a casserole dish for church. I have been cooking in Pyrex, CorningWare, and numerous other baking dishes for years without a problem. My oven is consistent with temperature and reliable.

This Rachael Ray dish exploded in my oven (at 350 degrees) 8 minutes into cooking. The dish broke apart into hundreds of small pieces causing a big mess. The photos of the dish in the oven show the glass pieces, and the other photo is part of the cleanup showing the many small pieces of glass mixed in with the food. I heard the noise, which sounded like ice falling off a roof in New England. I plan to send pictures I took to the RR warranty center, but since they want the product returned (absolutely impossible in this situation, and not safe to do) I have no confidence that anything will be addressed.

I have only used this large baking dish(red) three times and it has cracked so bad I have a hard time washing it. I don't think I will be buying Rachael Ray products again. I do have other cookware of hers and no problems yet but expect them to do the same. Hope not but... :(

They are elegant and very useful for cooking food without burning. When cooking with these cookware for one, I don't have to constantly watch your food while it's cooking most of the time. Plus you don't have to turn your burner up on high. Just adjust your burner from low to medium for cooking. Including also when using your skillet for frying purposes - just keep your stove burner on medium. Your food taste better without cooking it fast. I just love Rachel Ray's cookware for the beauty of them. They serve the purpose for cooking better and they are extremely easier to wash. I'd like to have more of Rachel Ray's cookware. If you don't have any of Rachel Ray's Cookware, then I encourage you to buy and try them out. I'm sure you will fall in love with them.

3 quart porcelain pan, Agave blue - I received the cookware set for Christmas from my son and daughter. I carefully read the directions, hand-washed and dried each piece. First use: My husband heated some clam chowder on low heat. Those must have been some Very Angry Clams... It looks like they ate the pan lining! The bottom and sides of my New Pan have been scratched down to the metal. Please help me to understand what happened to my pan. I'm appalled.

I see that I am not the only one recently who had a lid warp on them! We were cooking our Christmas Eve family meal, when everyone noticed that the lid would no longer fit on the top of the pot. Very strange! We were really scratching our heads over this one! I hope that the company or party who cares on behalf of the reputation of Rachael Ray will step up and make some sort of amends for our loss (of money and faith). Some sort of gesture would be respected and appreciated! This pot was purchased at a TJ Maxx store- no receipt to provide.

If I could rate this in the negative I would!!!! The red pan set it purchased for my daughter bleeds... meaning when you wash these pans the color runs and get on the towels when you dry them. Not only did I spend $150 for this junk I also had to replace her towels. Of course there is no number or email to see if they will even make this right! DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT!!!

I purchased the orange Rachael Ray casserole dish. I used it today for the first time. After dinner I was merely cleaning the dish and the handle broke, cutting my hand and arm. This is the CHEAPEST dishware I've ever owned.

On August 25th I placed a large order with the online store for Rachael Ray. I only received two of the items out of the twelve ordered. When I tracked the rest of my order I found they had shipped it to the wrong state! I notified the company immediately and was told they would rectify this error by either refunding the difference or re-shipping the items... Well here I am 4 months later and I still haven't seen either one! After multiple conversations with customer service, I am still no closer to receiving my items and to top it off the tracking information is now showing it can't be found by FedEx. Buyer beware!!!

We've had our Rachael Ray Cookware about a year now. The paint (red) started fading within a few months. Now, when drying with a hand towel, we have noticed that the paint is wiping off the surface! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I re-wet the surface, and took a white paper towel, and sure enough the paint is wiping off the pan! I was not forcibly wiping the pan either. I would not suggest purchasing this cookware. The QC of the mfg. obviously sucks.

We bought a induction stove and needed new cookware... Bought a set of Rachael Ray which I really like but they look clean when watching. But when they dry they look dirty. And everything sticks to bottoms really bad... Wanting to know what to do or if there is a solution.

I have only had my Rachael Ray pan set about 6 months, I love the way they cook and they clean easy. I took out the big pot to use which I use all the time on medium heat and I put the cover on it and noticed it was warped. I am so upset at this because I waited a long time to get it and was so happy when I did. I don't put hot pans in the sink or anything and for it to be warped after paying good money for it, isn't right at all. I guess I could have gotten a cheaper set and not had this problem.

This product failed. My 83-year old mother asked Rachael's company to replace and she got a form typed letter back not even on stationery to reject her plea. I have written to Rachael Ray trying to get her to replace the product – not do much as a note back from her. Extremely disappointed. Always thought her to be genuine. Sad in CT.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sporting the name of TV personality and chef Rachael Ray, the Rachael Ray Cookware collections can be found at most major retailers. Bright colors and fun accents are the cookware's hallmark.

• Colorful: When buying Rachael Ray products, consumers can choose cookware with a colorful exterior, or with colorful handles.
  • Heat-resistant handles: The pots and pans of this cookware line are equipped with plastic handles that do not heat up with the cookware.
  • Large product line: In addition to several cookware sets, the Rachael Ray Cookware also includes pieces such as a double-burner griddle, a griddle and glass press set and a butter warmer with a pour spout.
  • Suction lids: While the cookware comes with a glass or stainless steel lid, suction lids can be purchased separately to allow leftovers to be stored safely.
  • Best for Beginner cooks and home cooks.

Compare Cookware Brands