1.40/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for new cookware?

Rachael Ray Cookware

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

205 Rachael Ray Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I bought a set of Rachael Ray dishes at Costco (16 count) and I have used them for two years and have every regret you can encounter. A lot of them have cracked exactly down the middle. I have already replaced the set. A strong dinner plate cannot be that difficult to produce.I bought these because they were what I thought was a bargain. They are horrible, a waste of money and I will never patronize that brand again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Had a red 13" cookware handle break off when taking out of oven spilling everything. Only had the dish less than a year. Tried calling their number for customer relations only to have no option to speak to someone. Was told go online and send email. Did that a week ago, not reply yet. Have to try chat but not too high an expectation. Terrible quality and relations so far.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

This is the entirely worst pot set I have ever owned! I have tried several times to find who I can talk to about my warranty! This pot set got burnt so bad from normal cooking within weeks. Looks like I’ve had the set for years! It was discolored and horrible quality. I spent about $180 on the set and I am unhappy with it! Need pictures just ask me!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I had a pot roast on yesterday for a couple of hours on a low heat. Suddenly I hear a pop sound I thought was a soda or water plastic bottle. I go in my kitchen and the top on my pot (Rachael Ray Cookware) had shattered all over the place in the roast and stove. I took pictures. I’m scared to use them again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I would not buy Rachael Ray anything. They really do not support their products. I have a baking dish which came as a set and a housewarming gift which maybe has been used 3 times. When using yesterday and heating something in the oven the handle broke off and spilled the food and almost broke the oven door. When I contacted the company they said, "You have 30 days." Who uses something everyday in the first 30 days to see if it is going to break. From what I see online it is NOT worth the money when you can buy something cheaper and it will probably last longer

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Cookware?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Non stick is coming off - I purchased the 10x15 baking pan in Orange less than a year ago. I emailed Farberware as instructed and was told, "We have very carefully inspected the product photos you provided. We regret we will be unable to fulfill your request for warranty replacement because your kitchen product was not sold with a warranty." How can that be when her products come with a lifetime warranty.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Cooking on my stovetop, medium high heat and the lid shattered! Needless to say dinner was ruined, and because glass shattered I had little pieces all over my stove! Will NEVER buy ANY of her products again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Rachael Ray Hard Enamel Cookware Set - Purchased recently by my husband as a gift- the worse set of cookware I have ever had! After the first use, the lovely color was so marked with black "burn marks" that I could not get completely off. Pans do not sit flat on the burners. Most recent use the small fry pan caught fire at the area of where the handle connects to the pan! I love Rachael, I spoke to Meyer mfg. on the issues and got no satisfaction at all. I should spend time to take numerous pics of the damage, upload it to them to consider whether they want to do anything at all. Or take a coupon to buy other set on their website!! Good luck with that!!! I find it so hard to believe that Rachael would put her name on such a disaster! I am posting this message to hopefully prevent anyone else from wasting their hard earned money!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I purchased a set of Rachael Ray bakeware. I always handwash my pans. The inside coating of pans comes off and into the food. The last straw was baking dinner rolls for Thanksgiving dinner. Ended up tossed the whole pan of rolls (and the pan) out. Bottom of rolls covered with inside coating. Never so upset, especially with a houseful of guests. ;-(

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I purchased this set of Rachael Ray Cookware two years ago. They claim to be dishwasher safe. Dishwasher may be okay on the inside portion however the outside color is awful! My beautiful red set is now pink! The clear coat washed off and the red color is just slowly washing away. Giving the fact I paid nearly $200 for RED Cookware I am very very dissatisfied! The feeling of the pan now that the clear coat is gone is the worst nails on a chalkboard feeling. I can barely stand the handle the pans. I will not be purchasing any Cookware from Rachael Ray again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Being an avid tea drinker, I was so excited to see Rachael Ray’s tea kettle in my favorite color orange at my local Walmart Supercenter, so I purchased it and was looking toward to matching it to my other Rachael Ray kitchenware. I have her knives along with the oil dispenser, an entire pots and pans cookware set, and many different sizes of her orange baking dishes. Long story short, I didn't mind paying over 30 dollars for the tea kettle but on the second use I heard a crackling sound coming from my stove top and it was the orange paint popping right off the kettle. Super disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I picked this pan up at a Sears liquidation sale for about 18 dollars and it is of about the quality you could expect from a $18 pan. Pros: The handle is of good quality, is slightly oven safe (up to 350f), and is riveted to the pan for a longer lasting hold. It is light for its size and browns food beautifully. The pan has few nooks or crannies and cleans up easily with the help of some barman’s friend. Cons: the pan is disk bottomed and so likely to fall apart eventually, and the bottom has too much aluminum and too little stainless steel.

The reason the composition of the bottom matters so much is because it determines how well your pan heats up. Too much stainless steel and your pan takes forever to heat up and doesn't seem to ever reach high temperatures necessary for searing; too much aluminum and your pan heats out of control and even cooking at medium can smoke you out of your kitchen, but it can't maintain heat when you put something cold into it.

Aluminum is a fantastic conductor of heat (protip: putting defrosting items on an aluminum baking sheet speeds up the process significantly) but when on a stovetop that often translates to uncontrollable temperature variation. Putting a chicken breast on a hot pan skin down to sear could result in the pan smoking and hissing at you when it sets down, then cooling down too much to finish the crust and then blackening the drippings you're trying to make a pan sauce with. The reason this is such an issue for those with non-stick coating is the delicate babying the coating requires includes no high temperatures and the ceramic coating on the outside of the pan would not respond well to sudden temperature variations.

My suggestion: see if you can return your pan if you can't stand the idea of swallowing the costs of these pans as a temporary/disposable item and get all-clad. Consider getting stainless steel pans and steel wool or getting cast iron and learning how to season it properly (once well seasoned cast iron has a significantly sturdier non-stick coating than Teflon): once you take into account how delicate you need to be with non-stick surfaces and that you can't sear/brown anything with them they start to lose their credibility as the most practical option. I keep a non-stick crepe pan for delicate tasks like eggs, tortillas and European pancakes.

If you can't return them or if you just want to get your monies worth now that you've got them I'd suggest treating your medium like it's high and letting food reach room temperature before putting it in the pan. It's not hopeless, you can keep these pans going for a good long while if you know what you're doing with them. :)

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I bought a set of turquoise blue Rachael Ray pots and pans last year for Christmas and the whole year hasn't even rolled around in the inside of my pots and pans are peeling which gets in my food. I paid over $100 for this project and I am not pleased at all. My sister is the one who told me to buy this product because it was a very good set of pots and pans. Boy was she wrong.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I only had the orange cookware of Rachel Ray for a little over a year and the medium size pot is already peeling. Don't put it in the dishwasher. I always hand wash and I use bamboo utensils, is there any way I can get a replacement.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I bought Rachael Ray's Cookware set (orange) from Target over a year ago! I was very pleased with the product at first. The pots and pans are lightweight and cook well, however, I noticed pitting in the paint on three of the pans. I hand wash my pots and pans. They have never seen the automatic dishwasher. I must say I was very surprised that Rachael Ray would attach her name to these pots and pans! I have always liked to watch Rachael's cooking show and any other show of hers and this does not fit her at all. It is my hope that she will truly stand behind her lifetime limited warranty that she put in place on these products. I paid over $150.00 for these and am hopeful that she will do the right thing and reimburse people for these defective products. It has definitely tainted her good name. So sad!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I received the Rachael Ray Orange Cookware as Christmas Present last year. I have been using about three times a day and I love it. I read a lot of negative reviews. I think the owners have not followed the recommended guidelines. Absolutely NO HIGH HEAT! Save that for your black Iron skillet. You do need high heat. When I use oils it's Olive oil. I also have the bakeware and it is great. I would recommend this to anyone. Most people don't even read the guidelines for products they buy myself included.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I bought the small orange oil dispenser from Rachael Ray from Walmart about a week ago. Came home washed it first and let it dry overnight. In the morning I filled the bottle with oil and left it on the counter. I didn't cook lunch that day, but when it was time for dinner I was going to use the oil bottle and it's sitting in puddle of oil. I think the glaze on the bottle itself was not properly done, but I spend $15.00 on something I can just simply throw in garbage. It's just not OK!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Dissatisfied with hard enamel cookware non-stick coming off. I am very disappointed in my cookware and the reply I received from the warranty submission. I couldn't wait to get my cookware for my new kitchen! The big pan did not last at all. When I say, I was over-protective of my cookware, it is an understatement. Never once was a sharp fork, spoon, knife, etc. used. The reply back from the warranty submission department directed me to what is NOT covered and basically said it was abused. Lots of money down the drain and I WILL NOT be buying it again... So disappointed in the cookware and the customer service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I was very excited when I received a Rachael Ray skillet and spatula for Mother's Day 2017. But to my surprise I ended up being very disappointed. This skillet has actually ruined 2 burners on my stove. The paint or porcelain has melted onto the burners. I've tried to clean and remove the blue paint/porcelain with no results. I also wonder how harmful this was to me. What is the paint/porcelain made with? Every time I cooked with the skillet it would smoke really bad. I just assumed it was going to stop after a couple of uses but it didn't. I received a gift that actually cost me a lot of money. Rachael Ray should be ashamed of herself for selling this product.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN WITH THIS REVIEW - OTHER THAN DON'T BUY RACHAEL RAY ANYTHING!!! I was given a gift of the Rachael Ray Dinnerware as a birthday gift in November. The dishes say they are microwave and dishwasher safe. Don't believe this for one minute!! The microwave cracked 2 of the salad dishes. I contacted the store and they said unfortunately they don't have extra pieces and that I would have to send the whole set back and they would replace the set. That was in February of this year 2017. Due to circumstances out of my control I didn't get them mailed back until July 6. I emailed the same person I emailed originally and explained that I was just now shipping back. I didn't get a reply so I assumed it was ok.

Now, I'm a month out and the VERY RUDE MERIDETH AT ** said it was too long out, the store was now closed, and that there was nothing could be done. She told me the person I had sent the email to was no longer there and it had been too long to make this situation right!! I then spoke to the manager to issue a complaint and his tone with me was better however he said that I had no options. Said the email should have bounced back to me - well it didn't!! He is to check with the warehouse and try to locate my returned dishes and send them back to me... broken of course!! I MUST SAY - DO NOT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A RACHAEL RAY PRODUCT!! They offer no recourse and they don't stand behind their products!! So done with Rachael Ray!!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I ordered the orange Cookware from Seventh Avenue. I wanted a change from the Revere Ware I had for years. I purchased this set and the orange enamel is all scratched. It looks awful. She should stand but her products. One of the skillets got scratched, noticed when making an omelette.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I purchased a Rachael Ray Cookware Set with lifetime warranty. Before the first year I noticed the bottom of one of the pans had chips in the orange finish. I proceeded to fill out a warranty form with pictures included and the following is their response. "We have very carefully inspected the product photos you provided. We regret we will be unable to fulfill one or more of your warranty replacement(s) due to your item(s) shows no signs of any visual defects." My pictures show 3 different places that have nicks meaning the orange finish is gone. Also the entire set sits flat in my kitchen draws. Plus I have a glass stove top.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Bought the $149 set and first time using the frying pan on my new stove on medium heat. It sounded like a gunshot and there was a small hole that blew through the bottom. Thank god I stepped away from it and was at the fridge when it happened. So upset over it. Took me 6 months of begging my husband to buy it for me and then this happens. I called the company and was giving a runaround for 3 days. Then told "well this is the first time we have heard of this happening". They took my name and address and said I would hear back from them. Well 3 months later still nothing. Won't ever buy another Rachael Ray product again. And would appreciate my money back! I was going to take it back to the store but when I called they said hold onto it until I hear back. Well still waiting and too late to take it back. Got screwed on it all ways.

Original review: June 13, 2017

My husband got me the orange Rachael Ray Cookware set for Christmas to go with our newly renovated kitchen. Within a few months the product started to rust. My cookie sheets bottoms are so rusted I have to put aluminum foil over them not the top. To me that's sad to pay so much for a product from a well known person and it to be such a POS. I will never buy anything from her again. When I see people at the store looking at her products I show them pictures of my cookware and tell them it's not worth the money. Also when washing by hand or in dishwasher around the handles on the inside of pots food gets stuck under the bolts holding it together to the point I have to use a tooth pick to get the food out.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Purchased red/orange pots and pans about one year ago, maybe more. Can't remember. When I wash them, the color rubs off on my gloves, hand towels and sponge. I use Method Dish Soap - with non-toxic, plant-based powergreen technology. Really??? Purchased them at Target using a coupon downloaded from RR as a promotion from watching her show. What's the deal with this? Not impressed, I have to say. Please advise.

Original review: April 27, 2017

First let me say how disappointed I am in reading all the reviews that Rachael Ray doesn't back her own product, it really makes a person look at her different now, I bought her stainless steel set of pots and pans and to be brutally honest they have been nothing but a nightmare. I haven't found anything good about them. Everything sticks to them. Once the fry pan almost caught my whole house on fire, I don't need to say anything more, this is very sad that she not the person I thought she was, by her actions it pretty much says it all, I guess it's worth the money to find out who she is.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I received your non-stick pot and pans for a housewarming present. I have noticed they are starting to flake off especially on the sauce pans. I fear in going to have to trash them because I don't want my granddaughters eating any of the materials coming off the product. It has only been about 2 years. I never put them in the dishwasher and hand wash them very carefully. The products are unsafe now and I will not use them. Would not recommend buying Rachael Ray's cookware at all.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I purchased my Rachael Ray - Pot & Pan Set through QVC maybe 2 years ago. I like it BUT, it's lost its nice green color, the two big pans have warped (and I have a flat top glass stove). I don't think I will ever buy her sets again!

Original review: April 7, 2017

We got the red set and had about 5 months' time. Never used in the dishwasher and did not even use THAT often! The red literally was making my dishwater red to the point I had to drain the sink. I thought maybe it was a "first time" thing but nope...every single time. That was the pot. The PANS bled but not as much red I assume due to the smaller size? However, the inside of those peeled... I will stick with my cast iron stuff. It cooks better anyhow. TOTAL waste of $150.00.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I received a Rachael Ray cookware set for Christmas and I was so happy about it, as I had been wanting one. Much to my surprise, I am totally disappointed in them. The paint literally just rubs right off of them!! My pots and pans are red, and now all my white kitchen towels are red too!! Also, the baking sheets (cookie sheets) do not come clean, they look years old... So very disappointed.

Rachael Ray Cookware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sporting the name of TV personality and chef Rachael Ray, the Rachael Ray Cookware collections can be found at most major retailers. Bright colors and fun accents are the cookware's hallmark.

• Colorful: When buying Rachael Ray products, consumers can choose cookware with a colorful exterior, or with colorful handles.

• Heat-resistant handles: The pots and pans of this cookware line are equipped with plastic handles that do not heat up with the cookware.

• Large product line: In addition to several cookware sets, the Rachael Ray Cookware also includes pieces such as a double-burner griddle, a griddle and glass press set and a butter warmer with a pour spout.

• Suction lids: While the cookware comes with a glass or stainless steel lid, suction lids can be purchased separately to allow leftovers to be stored safely.

• Best for: Beginner cooks and home cooks.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Rachael Ray Cookware Company Information

www.rachaelray.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use