1.48/5
Based on 212 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for new cookware?

214 Rachael Ray Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have two sets of the Rachael Ray nonstick cookware. One in red and one set in blue. They are about three years old now and in the last year I have noticed three of my skillets and two of the lids are warped. So badly that the lids will not fit on the skillets or pots. I’m so disappointed and upset about it. I know it’s not my fault as I have been so careful with them and taken good care of them. I don’t recommend this set to anyone!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I purchased about 2,000 dollars worth off Rachael Ray products about 3 years ago. I have nothing to show for it now. Every single item did not hold up more than a year or two at best. The cookware was the worst I have ever purchased. The bakeware all cracked when put in the oven! I made a casserole and the whole thing fell on the floor while I was left only holding the handles. Why would Rachael put her name on garbage and take the hard earned money of people who believed in her. If I see her name on anything I will never purchase. I have stopped watching her show. I think she is a fraud.

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have a set of Rachael Ray Cookware. The bottom of the small frying pan is peeling off and the set is not even a year old. It has never been in the dishwasher. I hand wash. I would like to file a complaint but can't find anywhere to do so. This was given to me as a gift so I don't have a receipt.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I purchased what I thought was a good set of cookware (pot/pan) from Rachael Ray about a year ago. I have taken very good care of it to no avail though. My "new" set looks like it's been in World War II! My old set that I threw away looked better than the "new Rachael Ray" set of cookware. I've complained to Rachael Ray's website but evidently they don't care about you once you give Rachael the money you spent. WOULD NEVER purchase a product of Rachael Ray's ever again!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Rachael Ray cookware 10 piece - These pots and pans are the worst cookware I have ever used... within a month the enamel on the outside was wearing off... within 4 months the inside stopped being non-stick. They are not worth it!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rachael Ray Cookware?

Original review: April 13, 2018

We bought a set of stainless steel pots/pans about 3 months ago. I love to cook and was excited to be getting rid of our old set for something new and shiny. How I long to have that old set back. These are the worst pots/pans I've ever owned. I understand that stainless steel cooks differently so my husband and I have tried all kinds of things like turning down the heat, more oil, etc. It seems no matter what we do, everything sticks to these pans.

After 1 use, the pan looks discolored and old. Unfortunately, I cannot return them to the store we purchased them from because they're used and I contacted their warranty department which informed me that unless there's an actual defect, there's nothing they can do. And they advised me to use even more oil and butter! I bought into the hype that they must be good because Rachael's name is on them. That's my fault. I wouldn't advise anyone to waste their money on these pots/pans because you'll end up spending more money in steel wool just to get your potatoes off the pan.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My husband purchased Rachael Ray pan set for me one year ago... I have never experienced such trashy pans. They do not wash up good and have black marks everywhere. I absolutely hate them and the only good thing about them was the color. They were a nice bright orange but that didn't last long and now they're so ugly. I want my money back and I would like to know why she was allowed to get away with this awful mess???

Original review: March 30, 2018

I purchased Rachael Ray Hard Enamel Cookware Set (10-Piece): Orange that had no enamel coating on any of the pans and the paint wipes off with paper towels, flakes off on stove while cooking... Submitted a complaint with Rachael Ray warranty web page ID #**. I submitted pictures of cookware & paper towel covered with paint, yet they closed my request. Very frustrated. I have to buy new cookware while this company is not responsible for their poisonous product.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I bought 3 different size pots by Rachel Ray. After a while of cooking in them all of them have warp! This is very disheartening, because I love the fact that they are truly non stick!!! The pots warp after using a while and then the tops no longer fit!!! Sad!!! These pots are not worth the money, because now I have to replace them after only having them for about 1 1/2 years. I will not purchase any more of these pots!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I bought a set of Rachael Ray dishes at Costco (16 count) and I have used them for two years and have every regret you can encounter. A lot of them have cracked exactly down the middle. I have already replaced the set. A strong dinner plate cannot be that difficult to produce.I bought these because they were what I thought was a bargain. They are horrible, a waste of money and I will never patronize that brand again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Had a red 13" cookware handle break off when taking out of oven spilling everything. Only had the dish less than a year. Tried calling their number for customer relations only to have no option to speak to someone. Was told go online and send email. Did that a week ago, not reply yet. Have to try chat but not too high an expectation. Terrible quality and relations so far.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

This is the entirely worst pot set I have ever owned! I have tried several times to find who I can talk to about my warranty! This pot set got burnt so bad from normal cooking within weeks. Looks like I’ve had the set for years! It was discolored and horrible quality. I spent about $180 on the set and I am unhappy with it! Need pictures just ask me!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I had a pot roast on yesterday for a couple of hours on a low heat. Suddenly I hear a pop sound I thought was a soda or water plastic bottle. I go in my kitchen and the top on my pot (Rachael Ray Cookware) had shattered all over the place in the roast and stove. I took pictures. I’m scared to use them again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I would not buy Rachael Ray anything. They really do not support their products. I have a baking dish which came as a set and a housewarming gift which maybe has been used 3 times. When using yesterday and heating something in the oven the handle broke off and spilled the food and almost broke the oven door. When I contacted the company they said, "You have 30 days." Who uses something everyday in the first 30 days to see if it is going to break. From what I see online it is NOT worth the money when you can buy something cheaper and it will probably last longer

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Non stick is coming off - I purchased the 10x15 baking pan in Orange less than a year ago. I emailed Farberware as instructed and was told, "We have very carefully inspected the product photos you provided. We regret we will be unable to fulfill your request for warranty replacement because your kitchen product was not sold with a warranty." How can that be when her products come with a lifetime warranty.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Cooking on my stovetop, medium high heat and the lid shattered! Needless to say dinner was ruined, and because glass shattered I had little pieces all over my stove! Will NEVER buy ANY of her products again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Rachael Ray Hard Enamel Cookware Set - Purchased recently by my husband as a gift- the worse set of cookware I have ever had! After the first use, the lovely color was so marked with black "burn marks" that I could not get completely off. Pans do not sit flat on the burners. Most recent use the small fry pan caught fire at the area of where the handle connects to the pan! I love Rachael, I spoke to Meyer mfg. on the issues and got no satisfaction at all. I should spend time to take numerous pics of the damage, upload it to them to consider whether they want to do anything at all. Or take a coupon to buy other set on their website!! Good luck with that!!! I find it so hard to believe that Rachael would put her name on such a disaster! I am posting this message to hopefully prevent anyone else from wasting their hard earned money!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I purchased a set of Rachael Ray bakeware. I always handwash my pans. The inside coating of pans comes off and into the food. The last straw was baking dinner rolls for Thanksgiving dinner. Ended up tossed the whole pan of rolls (and the pan) out. Bottom of rolls covered with inside coating. Never so upset, especially with a houseful of guests. ;-(

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I purchased this set of Rachael Ray Cookware two years ago. They claim to be dishwasher safe. Dishwasher may be okay on the inside portion however the outside color is awful! My beautiful red set is now pink! The clear coat washed off and the red color is just slowly washing away. Giving the fact I paid nearly $200 for RED Cookware I am very very dissatisfied! The feeling of the pan now that the clear coat is gone is the worst nails on a chalkboard feeling. I can barely stand the handle the pans. I will not be purchasing any Cookware from Rachael Ray again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Being an avid tea drinker, I was so excited to see Rachael Ray’s tea kettle in my favorite color orange at my local Walmart Supercenter, so I purchased it and was looking toward to matching it to my other Rachael Ray kitchenware. I have her knives along with the oil dispenser, an entire pots and pans cookware set, and many different sizes of her orange baking dishes. Long story short, I didn't mind paying over 30 dollars for the tea kettle but on the second use I heard a crackling sound coming from my stove top and it was the orange paint popping right off the kettle. Super disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I picked this pan up at a Sears liquidation sale for about 18 dollars and it is of about the quality you could expect from a $18 pan. Pros: The handle is of good quality, is slightly oven safe (up to 350f), and is riveted to the pan for a longer lasting hold. It is light for its size and browns food beautifully. The pan has few nooks or crannies and cleans up easily with the help of some barman’s friend. Cons: the pan is disk bottomed and so likely to fall apart eventually, and the bottom has too much aluminum and too little stainless steel.

The reason the composition of the bottom matters so much is because it determines how well your pan heats up. Too much stainless steel and your pan takes forever to heat up and doesn't seem to ever reach high temperatures necessary for searing; too much aluminum and your pan heats out of control and even cooking at medium can smoke you out of your kitchen, but it can't maintain heat when you put something cold into it.

Aluminum is a fantastic conductor of heat (protip: putting defrosting items on an aluminum baking sheet speeds up the process significantly) but when on a stovetop that often translates to uncontrollable temperature variation. Putting a chicken breast on a hot pan skin down to sear could result in the pan smoking and hissing at you when it sets down, then cooling down too much to finish the crust and then blackening the drippings you're trying to make a pan sauce with. The reason this is such an issue for those with non-stick coating is the delicate babying the coating requires includes no high temperatures and the ceramic coating on the outside of the pan would not respond well to sudden temperature variations.

My suggestion: see if you can return your pan if you can't stand the idea of swallowing the costs of these pans as a temporary/disposable item and get all-clad. Consider getting stainless steel pans and steel wool or getting cast iron and learning how to season it properly (once well seasoned cast iron has a significantly sturdier non-stick coating than Teflon): once you take into account how delicate you need to be with non-stick surfaces and that you can't sear/brown anything with them they start to lose their credibility as the most practical option. I keep a non-stick crepe pan for delicate tasks like eggs, tortillas and European pancakes.

If you can't return them or if you just want to get your monies worth now that you've got them I'd suggest treating your medium like it's high and letting food reach room temperature before putting it in the pan. It's not hopeless, you can keep these pans going for a good long while if you know what you're doing with them. :)

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I bought a set of turquoise blue Rachael Ray pots and pans last year for Christmas and the whole year hasn't even rolled around in the inside of my pots and pans are peeling which gets in my food. I paid over $100 for this project and I am not pleased at all. My sister is the one who told me to buy this product because it was a very good set of pots and pans. Boy was she wrong.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I only had the orange cookware of Rachel Ray for a little over a year and the medium size pot is already peeling. Don't put it in the dishwasher. I always hand wash and I use bamboo utensils, is there any way I can get a replacement.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I bought Rachael Ray's Cookware set (orange) from Target over a year ago! I was very pleased with the product at first. The pots and pans are lightweight and cook well, however, I noticed pitting in the paint on three of the pans. I hand wash my pots and pans. They have never seen the automatic dishwasher. I must say I was very surprised that Rachael Ray would attach her name to these pots and pans! I have always liked to watch Rachael's cooking show and any other show of hers and this does not fit her at all. It is my hope that she will truly stand behind her lifetime limited warranty that she put in place on these products. I paid over $150.00 for these and am hopeful that she will do the right thing and reimburse people for these defective products. It has definitely tainted her good name. So sad!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I received the Rachael Ray Orange Cookware as Christmas Present last year. I have been using about three times a day and I love it. I read a lot of negative reviews. I think the owners have not followed the recommended guidelines. Absolutely NO HIGH HEAT! Save that for your black Iron skillet. You do need high heat. When I use oils it's Olive oil. I also have the bakeware and it is great. I would recommend this to anyone. Most people don't even read the guidelines for products they buy myself included.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I bought the small orange oil dispenser from Rachael Ray from Walmart about a week ago. Came home washed it first and let it dry overnight. In the morning I filled the bottle with oil and left it on the counter. I didn't cook lunch that day, but when it was time for dinner I was going to use the oil bottle and it's sitting in puddle of oil. I think the glaze on the bottle itself was not properly done, but I spend $15.00 on something I can just simply throw in garbage. It's just not OK!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Dissatisfied with hard enamel cookware non-stick coming off. I am very disappointed in my cookware and the reply I received from the warranty submission. I couldn't wait to get my cookware for my new kitchen! The big pan did not last at all. When I say, I was over-protective of my cookware, it is an understatement. Never once was a sharp fork, spoon, knife, etc. used. The reply back from the warranty submission department directed me to what is NOT covered and basically said it was abused. Lots of money down the drain and I WILL NOT be buying it again... So disappointed in the cookware and the customer service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I was very excited when I received a Rachael Ray skillet and spatula for Mother's Day 2017. But to my surprise I ended up being very disappointed. This skillet has actually ruined 2 burners on my stove. The paint or porcelain has melted onto the burners. I've tried to clean and remove the blue paint/porcelain with no results. I also wonder how harmful this was to me. What is the paint/porcelain made with? Every time I cooked with the skillet it would smoke really bad. I just assumed it was going to stop after a couple of uses but it didn't. I received a gift that actually cost me a lot of money. Rachael Ray should be ashamed of herself for selling this product.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN WITH THIS REVIEW - OTHER THAN DON'T BUY RACHAEL RAY ANYTHING!!! I was given a gift of the Rachael Ray Dinnerware as a birthday gift in November. The dishes say they are microwave and dishwasher safe. Don't believe this for one minute!! The microwave cracked 2 of the salad dishes. I contacted the store and they said unfortunately they don't have extra pieces and that I would have to send the whole set back and they would replace the set. That was in February of this year 2017. Due to circumstances out of my control I didn't get them mailed back until July 6. I emailed the same person I emailed originally and explained that I was just now shipping back. I didn't get a reply so I assumed it was ok.

Now, I'm a month out and the VERY RUDE MERIDETH AT ** said it was too long out, the store was now closed, and that there was nothing could be done. She told me the person I had sent the email to was no longer there and it had been too long to make this situation right!! I then spoke to the manager to issue a complaint and his tone with me was better however he said that I had no options. Said the email should have bounced back to me - well it didn't!! He is to check with the warehouse and try to locate my returned dishes and send them back to me... broken of course!! I MUST SAY - DO NOT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A RACHAEL RAY PRODUCT!! They offer no recourse and they don't stand behind their products!! So done with Rachael Ray!!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I ordered the orange Cookware from Seventh Avenue. I wanted a change from the Revere Ware I had for years. I purchased this set and the orange enamel is all scratched. It looks awful. She should stand but her products. One of the skillets got scratched, noticed when making an omelette.

Not sure about Rachael Ray Cookware?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Cookware Brands for you.

Rachael Ray Cookware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sporting the name of TV personality and chef Rachael Ray, the Rachael Ray Cookware collections can be found at most major retailers. Bright colors and fun accents are the cookware's hallmark.

• Colorful: When buying Rachael Ray products, consumers can choose cookware with a colorful exterior, or with colorful handles.

• Heat-resistant handles: The pots and pans of this cookware line are equipped with plastic handles that do not heat up with the cookware.

• Large product line: In addition to several cookware sets, the Rachael Ray Cookware also includes pieces such as a double-burner griddle, a griddle and glass press set and a butter warmer with a pour spout.

• Suction lids: While the cookware comes with a glass or stainless steel lid, suction lids can be purchased separately to allow leftovers to be stored safely.

• Best for: Beginner cooks and home cooks.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Rachael Ray Cookware Company Information

www.rachaelray.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business