Best Plumbers in Cincinnati, OH
Leaky pipes, failing water heaters, drain clogs and sewer line problems are common plumbing issues in Cincinnati. Frozen or burst pipes are also likely in areas like Mariemont and Loveland where houses have older plumbing systems. If you need plumbing help, check out our expertly cultivated list of the best Cincinnati plumbers.
Top 10 Cincinnati Plumbing Companies
|Roto-Rooter||Read 623 Reviews|
Founded in 1935, Roto-Rooter is the largest provider of plumbing and drain-cleaning services in the United States. It operates around 100 company-owned branches and approximately 500 franchises across North America.
|Benjamin Franklin Plumbing||Read Reviews|
Provides skilled plumbers for emergency service, 24/7. Backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee as well as an on-time guarantee. Franchise operation for fast response and knowledge of local plumbing issues.
|Apollo Home Plumbing||Read Expert Review|
Partners with GreenSky to make it easy to manage your plumbing budget and improved energy efficiency. Repairs are guaranteed for a full year. Offers a variety of coupons and discount codes on their website.
|Flow-Rite Plumbing||Read Expert Review|
Provides first free estimates and 1-year warranties on all work. Only hires technicians who are licensed, bonded, background checked and drug tested.
|Forsee Plumbing||Read Expert Review|
Offers upfront pricing. Technicians are OSHA Safety Certified. Referrals rewarded with a $25 check. 100% satisfaction guarantee.
|Holthaus Plumbing||Read Expert Review|
Offers free estimates on all plumbing, general contracting and remodeling services. 24/7 emergency services available.
|Nieman Plumbing||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in plumbing systems in older homes as well as the installation of fixtures in new construction and no-dig sewer repair. Offers 24-hour emergency services.
|Schneller & Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in heating, cooling, plumbing, indoor air quality and duct cleaning. Get a tune-up special for $59. Schedule an appointment online.
|Tarvin Plumbing||Read Expert Review|
Handles plumbing, general contracting and remodeling services in the Cincinnati area. Technicians are efficient, on time, organized and reliable.
|Zins Plumbing||Read Expert Review|
Accommodates same-day appointments. Charges flat-rates instead of hourly. Bathroom remodeling services also available.
Cincinnati plumbing costs
There is an unfortunate moment in everyone's life when you break through the initial shock of a plumbing problem to focus on cost. Fortunately, we know the most common plumbing issues Cincinnati homeowners have to confront and can give you a base of comparison for future quotes. The following numbers represent the average cost for each problem, including dripping faucets, busted pipes and clogged drains.
|Plumbing issue||Average repair cost in Cincinnati|
|Dripping faucets||$125 - 200|
|Replacing a toilet||$125 - $135 (labor only)|
|Sump pump repair||$850 - $900|
|Fixing a busted pipe||$125 - $130|
|Clearing a clogged drain||$100 - $120|
When it comes to estimating the cost of hiring a plumber, consider the type of repair needed and if discounts or rebates are available. Also, consider some plumbers charge by the hour while others charge per job.
Most Cincinnati plumbers offer 24-hour emergency services, but they can charge extra for these types of calls. The standard pricing model for emergency plumbing repairs is time-and-a-half to triple their hourly rate. If your issue can wait until regular business hours, you may be able to save yourself some money.
Saving money on Cincinnatti plumbers
Cincinnati homeowners qualify for a rebate when they switch to energy-efficient bathroom or general plumbing fixtures. For example, Ohio residents can get a $50 instant rebate for Energy Star-certified natural gas water heaters with an energy factor greater than .67 or a $100 rebate for natural gas tankless water heaters with an energy factor higher than .91.
Qualify for a
$50 - $100 rebate
by switching to an energy-efficient water heater
Another way many Cincinnati homeowners save money on plumbing expenses is by taking advantage of maintenance plans and club memberships offered by many local plumbers. These maintenance plans ensure that your system is being consistently evaluated by the experts all year long and are more cost-effective. Many of these annual maintenance plans include discounts on services and parts that can help the average Cincy family minimize the cost they're spending on plumbing issues.
Cincinnati plumbing FAQ
- Does my plumber need a license?
- As with most states, you need a license to be a practicing plumber — in the case of Ohio, licensing is performed through The Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board (OCILB). If you want to look up the history of any contractor, visit the OCLIB eLicense Center.
- What causes water to drip from the ceiling light fixture?
- Water leaking from a light in the ceiling is usually caused by one of three things — leaking wastewater or supply pipe; leaking or overflowing toilet, shower or sink; or, water leaking from your AC unit. To prevent damages, turn off the circuit breaker that serves that light fixture, use towels to contain the dripping water, and call a plumber.
- How come my toilet is leaking at the base?
- When a toilet leaks from the base it could be a sign that the wax seal has failed or the tee bolts are loose. Many Cincinnati homeowners are used to an occasional overflowing toilet, but when water comes up from the base, it is a sign of a whole other problem. These are relatively easy fixes for a trained professional; but if left untreated, could damage the flooring and structures around your toilet.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Cincinnati plumbing company information
Nieman Plumbing uses the latest technology and equipment to solve even the most complex plumbing problems quickly. It handles both residential and commercial plumbing issues, ranging from water heaters and sewer drains to installation and repair of whirlpools and spas. Financing options are available.
- Service areas: Greater Cincinnati
- Address: 2030 Stapleton Court, Cincinnati, Ohio 45240
- Phone number: (513) 851-5588
- Hours of operation: M - F: 7am - 5pm
- Website: niemanplumbing.com
Apollo Home guarantees plumbers will arrive on time and clean up after themselves after every visit. The company handles all issues regarding heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical and sewer and drain. Cincinnati customers praise Apollo Homes’ commitment to customer satisfaction and rapid response times.
- Service areas: Tri-State Area
- Address: 1730 Tennessee Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45229
- Phone number: (513) 952-8683
- Hours of operation: M - F: 7am - 9pm; Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm
- Website: apollohome.com
Schneller & Knochelmann Plumbing, Heating & Air specializes in furnace repair, air conditioning repair, indoor air quality and plumbing services. Cincinnati homeowners appreciate that they offer 24/7 plumbing services. The company specializes in sump pumps, water heaters, sewer and drain line repair and drain cleaning.
- Service areas: Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky
- Address: 1079 Ohio Pike, Cincinnati, Ohio 45245
- Phone number: (859) 415-4325
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: schnellerair.com
Holthaus Plumbing plumbers are experts on bathroom plumbing, kitchen plumbing, general plumbing, commercial plumbing and remodeling issues. Cincinnati customers appreciate that the friendly and knowledgeable technicians are on time and that it is easy to schedule an appointment. Holthaus provides free estimates on its services.
- Service areas: Greater Cincinnati area
- Address: 503 W Benson St., Cincinnati, Ohio 45215
- Phone number: (513) 761-1238
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: holthausplumbing.com
Foresee Plumbing technicians always provide customers with a written evaluation, so you understand what you're paying before service begins. All technicians are drug tested, background checked and professionally trained. Club Membership allows you to get the first appointment available and get 25% off most repairs.
- Service areas: Greater Cincinnati Area, within the 275 circle freeway
- Address: 3902 Lonsdale St., Cincinnati, Ohio 45227
- Phone number: (513) 271-6720
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: forseeplumbing.com
Tarvin Plumbing offers services for plumbing issues, general contracting services and remodeling. For remodeling, they provide custom design services and 3D imagery so that you can see exactly how your new kitchen will look. Tarvin Plumbing has been serving the Cincinnati area since 1907.
- Service areas: Greater Cincinnati
- Address: 3749 Eastern Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226
- Phone number: (513) 321-5726
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8am - 4pm
- Website: tarvinplumbing.com
Flow-Rite Plumbing handles both residential and commercial plumbing repairs, big and small. Its service club gives members unlimited priority service calls, annual whole-house plumbing inspection and 15% off all plumbing services. Other discounts and coupons are available on their website.
- Service areas: Cincinnati and Oxford, Ohio; Richmond and Connersville, Indiana
- Address: 3330 Van Zandt Dr. Cincinnati, Ohio 45211
- Phone number: (513) 383-4242
- Hours of operation: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: flow-riteplumbing.com
Zins Plumbing appointments can usually be scheduled on the same day, and the company works within a two-hour timeframe, so you're never waiting around all day for a plumber. They specialize in residential and commercial plumbing. The company bills on a flat per-project rate, not by the hour.
- Service areas: Greater Cincinnati
- Address: 3827 Spring Grove Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45223
- Phone number: (513) 681-2501
- Hours of operation: M - Sat: 7:30am - 6pm
- Website: zinsplumbing.com
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!