Call toll free
4.83/5
Based on 320 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

524 Pelican Water Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 2, 2018

I wanted to get rid of the chlorine because we're on city water. I talked to a contractor here in town and they recommended Pelican. We went with their whole home system. It has a sediment filter and then it has two tanks, one with carbon media in it which takes out the taste and smell of chlorine. And then there's one that's a salt-free water softener. The installation went perfect and we've had the system now for about five years.

The sediment filter needs to be changed every six months and as the manual said, the carbon media in one tank should be replaced after five years or 100,000 gallons. And after five years of having the system installed, we could start smelling the chlorine again. However, when it was time to replace the media, the company I bought the system from and installed it didn't have a clue what I was talking about. And they were not helpful at all. So I did my own research online and found a company to ship me the media and went from there. It came from some place in Florida and the company was very good. It was free shipping and I got the stuff quickly. Their instructions for changing it were perfect too.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had a water softener but it was leaking, so I needed a new one and I was shopping through the Sears website when I found Pelican. I wanted a system without the salt treatment so I got one through Sears and then I went directly to Pelican for the ultraviolet light treatment. I wasn’t sure which one went with the system I purchased and the sales reps were nice and good about getting things situated for me. Everybody was friendly and my experience with Pelican was very pleasant and easygoing. If I have to leave a message, they get right back to me with my questions.

The plumber who works at the hospital with me installed the unit for me. The bulb was missing from the ultraviolet system, so he called but since he wasn’t the one who purchased it, I had to call. Once I called, they shipped the item right away and we got it in a couple of days. Pelican has made a big difference. I have a water well and the water is softer. Also, this doesn’t have the wash-out period, so I don’t have all that racket going on and I'm not wasting water, which is handy. I would definitely do business with them again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We wanted to filter the incoming water from the city. I ordered the filters from Pelican and I'm happy. Their people put it in and it works good. The water has been very pure since we've had it. It was a great experience.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had a great experience with Pelican and the sales rep was awesome. I talked to him six months prior to get an idea of what type of system I would need. But my husband and I had a budget which was a goal of ours so we waited until there was a sale going on. Then the sales rep reached out and let us know there was a good deal and that was when we made the purchase. We bought their largest system for water softening and filtration.

The sales rep also recommended a couple of companies for the installation. The guy we chose sounded like a good fit and he got the system installed but he wasn’t very punctual. 30 minutes before the appointment, he would say he can't make it so we've had to schedule again. And we did that three times. Then four times in one day, he would say that he can make it or he would say that he can't make it and that he would be three hours late. So my issue was more with him and I wouldn't use him again based on the experience I had with him.

Our county is the largest one in Georgia and also the worst in terms of water quality. It's not like other states where there's a sulfur smell. This one had high amounts of chlorine that you could smell. The water is turned pink and in a week's time after cleaning the toilet, you would have a pink ring around the toilet. Now, we don’t have that anymore. There's also been some difference in the taste and the smell of the water.

Original review: May 22, 2018

We have a lot of chlorine and different things in our water. Lead was also found in our water and I live on a reservation. The water is really not that good. I looked up water systems on the internet and Pelican's website made it easy for me to see things. I then asked questions and the rep, Kyle, was really nice. He went over a couple of different things and asked me how many people live in the house, how much was the water usage, and what I was looking for. He gave me a couple of different options. I looked online and checked what I wanted and then Pelican gave me a pretty good deal on it.

I was going to buy a different system, a reverse osmosis under my sink prior to that. I didn't look that up first and I'm glad I did because it was just one underneath the sink and the system I had is for the whole house. The unit we have from Pelican is a tall circular one that hooks up to the main water and comes in the house. It's for two to four people, it takes care if you take two showers in a day, do laundry every day, and use the dishwasher. It's a smaller system but it works great for us. Our water's hard and since having the system, there has been a change in the taste of my water and my hair feels different going to the shower. I like Pelican and the system works really well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: May 21, 2018

My daughter was researching clean water and she was advised by somebody in Mississauga about Pelican Water Systems. The sales consultant very helpful and very quick and had detailed information. We had to do the installation of the system ourselves and it was good. Two units were installed and the other one's still waiting to be installed. We just had to call to get some clarification on how to seal the tank and they were very helpful. We got it done and we were very pleased with everything. We did the drinking water filters and the water is very good.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I first heard about Pelican Water Systems from a local plumbing company two years ago. Pelican is environmentally safe and I didn't want to have a water softener, so I put this filtration system in. This is only the third or fourth one that was put in Utah. These big million dollar homes that have problems with swimming pools, their water softener systems didn't work and those pools were turning brown in the inside. So they went with this unit and I checked into it that way. I even went to the people's houses and talked to them and they were very pleased because their water system was much cleaner. Pelican also has the Enviro water products. I had them install it and with Pelican, the filters came in. Three more years I could change out the big units but I change out the filters every five and a half to six months. I get my filters online and I order them from Pelican.

Meikel, the sales rep, was fantastic. Considering the size of our new home, we went through everything in figuring out stuff such as water quality issues and solutions. And they were gonna put in just a regular water softener in that. We've also had them put in an on-demand water heater along with it. We purchased a big Pelican Water System for regular water coming from the city. I've got it set up in the same room where my on-demand water system is in the garage. I went to the website at first and I was looking for the on-demand water system which is manufactured by Rinnai who I've had before in my previous home. It's an on-demand gas water system so there's no water tank. So, I was looking for a plumber that would put the system in.

There were several plumbers but they weren't licensed and they weren't qualified or good enough for me. So I got hold of these guys at Pelican Water and talked with them about some stuff and they came out and I started talking. My wife wanted to have clean water and was asking some questions. Meikel was at Spears Plumbing in Kaysville, Utah and he wasn't a pushy salesman. He was smart, intelligent and he was straight up. I could relate to him. He was very professional and we worked together real good on what I wanted to do, how I would I interact with the plumber and how everything would be installed. He had gone through the steps and he'd been the representative in pushing the products and also the on-demand water heater.

Original review: May 19, 2018

We have a well and I got a well water system from Pelican Water Systems. Everything was great with the sales consultant and it was probably one of the best customer services I’ve ever had. They answered all my questions every time I called and whatever it took to get me where I had to be. They had me return a bunch of stuff and get some of the stuff all free of charge. Any problem I had, they fixed it. I did the installation partially myself and I hired a guy that does it around here. I had some problems the past few days, but just a couple of days ago, they sent me a rebuild kit for something and it should be good to go right now. The water is nice and clear. I also researched a couple of things on the Pelican Water website and downloaded the user manuals.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We didn’t have any pressure on our water so we put in a booster pump and then we put the filter and softener. We have a lot of lime here. It was stopping up the dishwasher and it's getting in the ice on the refrigerator. I installed the Pelican Water system myself and it took time for me to do it. It took me a couple of days. But so far, so good and I hope it stays that way. My wife likes it because her dishes are cleaner. It keeps her happy. The only thing I have is the price. That was a little bit steep but what the heck if it works.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had an old water softener and it wasn’t working so I wanted to replace it. I decided to get a Pelican Water system because it looked simple and all the reviews looked like it was pretty good. I went to their website and got the system with the carbon and the water softener. I installed the system myself. It had me flush the carbon filter for about a day and I asked about the connectors also with it. It made the installation a lot easier. It just took me about two days. I have to replace regular filters every six months and then the carbon filter in five years. My water tastes a lot better now. And we have carbon filter on our refrigerator and it tastes almost identical to it from all the faucets throughout the house.

Original review: May 16, 2018

The community that I live in is a backflush and people end up with rusty water so the clothes are ruined and everything like that. I have a plumber friend and he put Pelican Water Systems in his house and he was very happy with it and recommended it. I went on their website originally to research it and it was very informative. I knew exactly what I wanted and I ordered it. I have three filters. I had a whole house filter when I bought this house and so with the Pelican, I just added it to my whole house filter. And then the water that I drink, I get out of my refrigerator so there's another filter. It’s reassuring and I'm very happy with the system.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I had another system which I inherited when I bought my property and I had nothing but problems with it. The softener was backwashing everyday so for four hours I would have no water pressure. But even if there was water pressure, the water wasn't that great anyway. It was discolored. I wasn't happy drinking it. Also, I was putting in six bags of salt in a month. So Pelican's system has been helpful. It's been fantastic. The first contact, the delivery was done the next day. Everything went smoothly. The system has gotten rid of all my backwashing and now I have softer, cleaner and clear water and no electricity nor salt needed. It was a great improvement. I'm a happy man.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Pelican's website was very easy to use, and everything was black and white. I liked the price and what was explained the product was gonna do. I was pretty much set on what I was gonna get. I just needed a little reassurance and that was what the sales consultant gave me. He explained how the product works and he was very helpful. I got the salt-free whole house filter system and the water quality's good now so we're happy.

Original review: May 13, 2018

A lot of water systems are wasting anywhere from 50 to 100 gallons of water every couple of weeks. That's a lot of money going down the toilet. Aside from that, I didn't want to go with salt systems either because they will eventually damage copper pipes. I also heard that some areas of California banned the salt system so I think that's gonna be a problem later on. On the other hand, the Pelican system looked like a heavy duty filter or a very commercial system. There is also no wasting of water with that system and I would recommend it to anybody because of that. I even talked to a lady at Mesa City Hall and she sounded really happy with the fact that it's not wasting water.

I had a plumbing company come in and install the system. I got all kinds of copper pipes and I had a spray valve put in the system so I could choose when I wanna start the filter. I can turn the system off when I'm checking it closer. I also had a spigot put in because there's a lot of pressure in there. They put a plug in there initially and when I took the plug out, I took a bath because there was so much pressure up in the tube. Those are two necessary things that you wanna include when you install that system. When you shut it off, you can get a bucket and very carefully open the spigot to release the pressure that's in the system. The spigot is nice too 'cause I can wash my car with that water. Since I've seen how the installation was done, I can now install one myself too. It's mainly a lot of work lining everything and getting everything to fit right 'cause there was a lot of measuring.

The system ended up looking nice. It looks like a commercial system next to my hot water heater and it's doing what it's supposed to do. The water doesn't feel that hard anymore so it seems a lot better. So I'm pretty happy with the system. It has got a carbon filter, a regular filter and something else. There are two metal tanks and a filter inside of them. Those are changed anywhere from six to 18 months and they even gave me four free filters along with the system. It also came with some cleaning agent to clean those tanks off as they get dirty but I didn't take the plastic covers off. Pelican is really good.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I’ve known about Pelican for years from just researching different systems. At the Orlando Home Show, their sales folks were great and they explained everything. We were in the process of debating which system we were gonna get and ended up winning the system for the whole house in the draw so that worked out really well. It has the main filter and the little pre-filters. I had them install it since that was part of the home show thing. The guy was really great, straightforward and very meticulous like me so I’m a happy guy. We had an RO system so drinking from the faucet wasn’t even an option before, but, now, we can. I have also noticed that some of the shower fittings are starting to clear up now. We have also got clients that we interact with a lot and they’ve asked about the system. We told them we won the thing but I would have bought it anyway. It’s awesome. I got to buy a second system for another house and I will put that one in.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I wanted to drink water right off the faucet instead of going to a store and picking up gallons of water. It's more convenient. So I researched about water systems. I just went online and purchased the Pelican Water system and installed it myself. If you're definitely a hands-on guy, it's easy. I got the 6-Stage Under The Sink system. Every 6th to 8th month I have to change one of the filters and then 12 months for one of the other filters. The website was straight to the point. Since the installation of the system the water is clean. It's a good drinking water. It has no bad taste.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We have had Pelican for quite a while. I had used it in six years. I went online and looked it up, trying to find one that you did not have to replace the whole unit every time so you could just replace the medium. Pelican gives you everything on the instructions that you need. I ordered right online and had it right out to us. The website was as easy you could get, I don't know how you can make it any easier. It has been a really good product. We have the whole house unit in there. The reason I went to it was because our municipality for water went to chlorinated water and I couldn't stand it.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Our water was pretty rough. There was a nasty rotten egg smell and color to it. The Pelican sales consultant was very informative. I gave him my square footage and told him there are two bathrooms. There are five of us in the house, and we do a lot of laundries. I have three kids. So, the water is constantly being used. He then recommended a specific system, which I purchased through him. I already had a water softener, but the cleanliness of the water has been much better since having the Pelican system installed.

There are, however, two drawbacks. One is the chlorine injector into the water as it is crazy loud. At night, it sounds like a BB gun hitting the side of my house. And the other issue is the holding tanks for the chlorine. It is only 35 gallons. So every five days, I have to put two gallons of bleach and 35 gallons of water on it. They definitely should have sent me a bigger container. Other than that, the system is awesome. I love it and it works great. I am satisfied.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I got the PDF-1500 from Pelican Water Systems. The sales rep who came out was wonderful. He was very professional at his position and very customer-oriented. The product does its work too but it's not as good as I expected. It still keeps a little taste of the chlorine and I don’t like that.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I wanted a water softening system for my home. The Pelican Water System's sales rep was very good. Albeit the installation instructions led me to believe it was much easier than what it turned out to be. I paid for their installation kit but I took one look at the stuff and I decided I'd call a plumber to come and install it. And instead of taking two hours, it took him almost 4 1/2 to 5 hours to install it. It was not anything that a simple dude as myself could have installed, or even a handyman.

Also, there were two new valves that was needed to set up a by-pass and turn the water off and on. However, those were not included. And the carbon tank had to be set, filled with water for 48 hours prior to installation and then flushed out a couple of times. None of that was informed at the time of the purchase until the product actually arrived and I started to read the instructions. Nonetheless, the product is good. It's just that the communication on installation leaves a lot to be desired. So far, the installation seems to be doing what it is supposed to do.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I didn’t wanna leave my wife having to deal with a 40-pound bag of salts so I bought a Pelican Water System online and it was an easy experience. I have installed it and it’s in use. I had the regular series type of unit before. I’ve had several of them over the years. And I really couldn’t tell if it was working or not without testing the water to see if it’s any softer. But on the new unit, after a couple of weeks, it seemed to show evidence of working fine. Pelican Water System has no salt and it does not use electricity.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I’m a plumber and HVAC guy, so I know about Pelican Water Systems. It was time to get something to put a tank less water in. I needed a scale protection so I got a Pelican. I watched their prices go up and down in the website and I waited until it was at a decent price. I knew how much they fluctuated and then I called an order and got it done. Since then, our water is a lot better tasting. It’s got bluish tint now to it and our showerheads are not having any scale buildup as far as white stuff, which is a lot better that way.

However, the carbon filter of it is a little tricky to get. It takes 7-10 days to settle before you can use any high volumes. Being a plumber, I know what to do. But the normal guy would just turn it on and there would be black stuff in the water to turn the bypass on if you’re gonna take a tub bath or washing machine. But it all says that in the instructions. If you just follow the instructions thoroughly, you wouldn’t have any problem. You just gotta settle that carbon stuff down where it’s seated in there. Other than that, it’s great.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We have well water where we're at and I couldn't afford to buy the whole house filter system yet so I put one Pelican Water system in the shower. I bought it online. It was no problem to install. I just got to change the filter every six months. I've already recommended it to friends.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We had iron and bacteria in our water, which is common where we live, so we decided to purchase a sulfur reduction system from Pelican. It was very easy to order in their website and the filter was what I expected. It was a very positive experience.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I was doing some research online looking for a water filter and Pelican Water was the best system that I could choose to put in myself. It looked like it was the most installation-friendly. I installed it in about 45 minutes and it was really simple. The maintenance was also a little easier than other water softeners. I liked the idea that the softener was salt-free.

I got the combo and the reverse osmosis system. I've had an RO before and I knew I wanted one, moving to a new house. I sent in a water sample for the other one then Pelican called and discussed it with me. I've explored their website. I was back to it a dozen times before I decided on the best system. I knew exactly what I wanted to buy when I placed the order. The man who took my order on the phone set up an automatic filter replenishment which was a nice deal. You kind of forget when you're supposed to do it, especially as the filter change comes out five years from now. And to get it delivered, it would remind you that it's time to change it. It was nice dealing with them.

It's only been installed for a couple of weeks now. The initial filter is starting to work through the system. They said that it would take about two to three weeks before the water softener actually starts cleaning up the pipes, even though the house was lived in for only four months before I installed the softener. I recommend Pelican. My daughter's putting one soon. She was waiting for me to put mine in to see if I liked it and I told her that I did. It's worthwhile having it in the house. Any filter is better than no filter. Pelican was straightforward and their ads would tell it all. Those were very helpful. The stuff was delivered when it was supposed to be delivered and the price was reasonable too.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Like most, when I began my research for a whole home water treatment system, I looked very hard at Pelican. There were many great reviews and the system looked good. It offered very little maintenance with no electricity or salt/potassium additives. So I pulled the trigger and made the purchase. Now, I live in a neighborhood that has city treated water to begin with, so I didn't need a system that someone who has well water would need. I only wanted softer water that I could drink out of the tap. Pelican delivered and set up my system with their "90 day money back guarantee" They charged me 3,032.49.

Long story short, after 45 days, I decided that the system wasn't working as advertised and I wanted to return it. They came and picked it up and said that I would get a "full refund". Well, that refund was only 2,223.57. The balance of 808.92 was a delivery fee which they are refusing to refund. 808.92!!! for delivery?!? If you provide a product that doesn't meet your customers expectations, you refund their money. Any associated costs, like delivery, are the cost of doing business and you eat it. That's good business. Pelican is not a good business.

I will make it my life's work to see that they never sell another system anywhere near my neighborhood. Think twice about their systems. I've learned a lot about water treatment systems since using Pelican's inferior product. A good treatment system has to backwash in order to flush out the sediment particles that it removes from the water, the system I had from Pelican did not. A good system must also add salt or potassium chloride to the water, Pelican does not. It is merely a charcoal filtration and particle filtration system, nothing more. Maybe the higher end systems are better, but mine sucked. It left stains on all of my cookware and the water just didn't taste good, I still needed bottled water. If I could rate them lower that 1 star I would. Buyer beware.

Pelican Water response

Hello,

Our records indicate that a full refund was authorized. You were contacted by our customer satisfaction team to address your concerns. Please understand that backwashing systems are not the most environmentally friendly systems due to the thousands of gallons of water waste each year. There are many areas of the country, where salt based softeners are banned or restricted.

Salt based softeners use an ion exchange process where salt is exchanged for hardness. When the salty waste is drained into a municipal sewer system the waste is treated by a process that does not remove the salt. The salt is then passed into the environment, usually a river. This raises the amount of salt in the river and eventually enters the groundwater.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: April 29, 2018

I was diagnosed with cancer and I was told I'd better drink better water than drinking out of my city water. I had four people come to my house. Pelican Water penciled out, went with their cost and then their reviews were pretty good so I gave them a chance. The guy on the phone was extremely helpful, so he sealed the deal to a guy that was willing to buy it. I went to Pelican's website for informational purposes and then I looked for some clarification from the guy on the other line. Their website was pretty clear on what they had to offer and they were consistent with what they were. The process was simple.

But I had a little bit of an issue 'cause one of the parts showed up damaged and broken and they FedExed me one out immediately and took care of that right away. And the salesman told me how the water system works and what it does, what he recommended for me, and we all agreed. I made the purchase on the same call and I bought the whole water filtration system through the whole house. I paid a plumber to install it. Since I got the system installed, there wasn’t any difference and it’s mostly in your head that you have better water that you’re drinking.

Pelican did pretty well. On the other hand, whenever I called, whoever answered knew my account by my phone number. It was no starting all over every time I called, which was a nice feature 'cause I had to talk to a few different people when I had a broken part. I've already sold three systems so I should be an outside salesman for them right now. I almost considered calling them and asking them that because I have sold to my mom because she knows what's going on with me so she did the, "Why don’t I do that, too?". It has happened a couple of times since.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Pelican Water Systems was recommended by our plumber. The plumber told me which unit to look at. We have darker colored accoutrements in our kitchen. Pelicans have the brass faucets and those are actually not that easy to find. I thought I was going to have a separate faucet, so that pretty well sealed the deal. I went on and took advantage of the sale which was $50 off the normal price. I went online and ordered the R.O. unit. The website was straightforward. I just went in and picked out the one I wanted. I had a choice with three faucets. I got the oil rubbed bronze, went down and paid for it.

The system has been installed and it is working fine. The installation was smooth and quick, even though I didn’t do it. The plumber has installed others so he was familiar with Pelican. It was pretty painless. We had another system and Pelican was considerably less expensive. The water quality was equal to a more expensive unit that we had. Also, we can fill things a lot faster with this one than the old one. We went through the cycle of emptying out and running the flush in the tank a couple of times. The first taste was a little "not quite at the par" but that faded really quick and now, it tastes great. We're happy with it. I'd tell my friends that if they're looking for a system, they should look into Pelican.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I got notices from my water supply company that there was a certain amount of chemical in our water above the standard. We wanted to have better water that was better tasting, and make sure that it was clean. I researched Pelican Water Systems on the internet. I gave the sales consultants of Pelican the name of the chemical and they were very knowledgeable about it. They explained to me what caused the problem and assured me that Pelican would be able to take that chemical out. I purchased the whole house water filter system from Pelican. I did the installation myself and it went pretty well. I used a fixed pipe, which was easier, and I didn’t have to do any soldering.

Since the installation of our Pelican system, our water is of better quality. We like its taste better and it seems to feel better. I'd recommend Pelican Water Systems. They seem to be a good company and they had good support. Their support was fast whenever I had a question and that's important. Also, the quality of the equipment seems to be pretty good.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My old water system had died and I purchased a Pelican water softener. I ordered everything online and I spoke to a sales rep at the same time. It was hard for them to understand but I told them what the issue was before I bought the other filter. They seemed very helpful and concerned about selling me what I needed. Also, their website was friendly enough. I installed the system myself and it was very simple. I called and asked them about setting the salt meter on it, and they said that they'd need a water sample. So, they sent me a water sample kit, free of charge because I'd already purchased the water filter so they could do that. And then they got back in touch with me and told me what to set the filter on. Now the water tastes much better. Everything seems to be going good. It's a very good system and it seems to be a great salt saver for me.

Pelican Water Systems expert review by Greg Chick

Pelican Water Systems is a salt free water treatment system company that was founded in 2007. The company, headquartered in Deland, Florida, specializes in filtration more than softening, although they do both. They are well known for creating drinking water that tastes fresh and clean.

• Eco-friendly: The company is run with a focus on the environment and sustainability, and they are a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.

• Whole home systems: Pelican Water sells whole home systems to filter or soften the water that comes to every tap or faucet of a house.

• DIY installation: The systems sold by Pelican require only simple, DIY installation, which is a budget-friendly option. Professionals from the company can also install the systems.

• Free shipping: The company promises free shipping for all of their treatment systems and products.

• Community giving: Pelican Water Systems gives back to organizations in their community, and they support organizations including American Cancer Society and International Bird Rescue.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick

Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Pelican Water Company Information