Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.57/5

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
Pelican Water Call Now Toll Free (386) 256-1203
Call Now Toll Free

Pelican Water Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: May 7, 2020

The property we bought had a well and our home inspection report said that the water had E. coli. They “shocked the well,” which means they poured some bleach down there, but I figured, if they got in there once, it could return. I was concerned about the water quality of our well and I wanted to put a water system in. I Google searched it, and then I came across the name Pelican and before that, I heard about it on the radio as well.

It drives me crazy when I try to call a company and I have to go all the way to the bottom of the page and look for "Contact Us." It then gives me an email that I can send, and then maybe they’ll call me back. That was not the case. Pelican's website was very informative and easy to navigate. Their contact information was there so I didn’t have to hunt for it. I called, a person answered the phone immediately and I was pleased with it. The reps were fantastic. I told them what my concern was and they told me what I needed. I was so impressed because they didn’t try to oversell me. They asked if the water was bothersome as far as being hard or soft and I said no. They said I didn't necessarily need the water softener, but they recommended a system, which sounded great.

They explained things very well to me, including what a typical system was and what the parts did. It was a nice conversation we had to get me to the purchase of the system that I bought. The system I have has three parts, which are the pre-filter, then the main charcoal filter, and then the UV light treatment. They explained to me that the fiber cloth pre-filter would filter out most of the particulates then the tall charcoal filter would get the lead particles, but the UV light treatment would ensure that it killed any bacteria that might be in the water. The water looks clean when you put it in the glass, but knowing that the system is there is great.

There's peace of mind in knowing I’m drinking clean water. Now, I have not had the water tested by a lab yet, but I plan on doing that. We’ve been drinking the water and we haven’t had any intestinal problems or anything like that, so that’s a good thing. The water tastes better too. Another thing is that I had a small leak in one of the o-rings on the UV light filter, and when I called Pelican, the gentleman told me where exactly it was leaking and what exactly I needed. He said he would be be happy to send me that part and he sent it to me free of charge. I had it in a day, so I could not have been happier with that.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I used another device for 30 years and they went out of business. They had fabulous water. The only one that I could find that was comparable was Pelican, and so I chose them. I like the countertop rather than under the sink because I have control over how much water I’m putting through the filter if I’m washing dishes or something that the water shouldn’t have to be filtered. But if I’m washing vegetables or use it for drinking water, I wanna be able to isolate the use of the water.

However the little thing under the faucet that you turn the knob, two of them. One of them cracked completely because it’s plastic inside. The unit it turns against is plastic instead of metal and then they had to replace that. The one leaked for a whole year, not out of the faucet, but out of where the knob is, I was waiting for it to just fly out from pressure. And then finally, I called and they sent me another one. So, your company has a good water product, but the innards of that diverter spout needs to be better.

The People in the technical department, when they sent me one of the replacements, there were no instructions and because the ends are color-coded to go into the filters, I wasn’t sure which one to put on the top or which one to cinch on the bottom of the actual diverter head. I called and they put me through the technical department, and the guy there didn't know.

And then I got online trying to see if they had any video instructions but there was nothing online about it. There were no pictures online as to which feed line goes on the in or the out of the diverter. What the guy in the technical department did was he just sent me another one that was already connected. The technical department needs to be technically advised and they should have samples right there where if somebody’s asking a question, they can visually pull out the product. Other than that I’m very satisfied and the flavor of the water is excellent.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

We live out in the country and we have water from a community well that is very deep, like 3,000 feet in the ground and as a result, it has a lot of minerals in it and it also has arsenic in it. And we haven’t been meeting the federal guidelines for the arsenic, so they warned us about it. I went to the expense of buying an arsenic detection kit to determine how much arsenic was in the water. I ran the test and we were way above the recommended allowance and so, we started using bottled water. My wife, every couple of weeks would get the gallon jugs and fill those up, and we would use those for drinking and cooking and for our pets. It was just really getting to be a pain, hauling those jugs of water back-and-forth.

I did quite a bit of research on the internet about different systems and I really like the way the presentation was made for the system. The Pelican rep explained things in detail for the questions that I had. It was the best way to go. I had a couple of snags in the beginning and I called. They helped me right out and got everything squared away for me. Installation was pretty easy. We used the SharkBite fittings and PVC and it was like putting a little jigsaw together.

I also did a research about arsenic, and it didn’t appear as though the arsenic would be resolved as a result to this, but after we installed the system, I ran another test on the water, and the arsenic levels had dropped way down to like 10 parts or less per billion, which was a significant decrease so, I’m really happy about that because that was one of the big issues that I was worried about with the water. And so now, we don’t buy bottled water anymore. We just drink it right out of tap without any kind of issues like that. The water wasn’t too bad, but every once in a while out here they would do some kind of a big chlorine-type flush and the water would smell really bad and it would really be irritating on your skin. Now it’s great.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We live in the Texas Hill Country and this is one of the hardest limestone infiltrated areas of the country. We had a house with no filtration, and we had coliform positive in the well water when we purchased the house, so we needed to install a system. My husband is a combat veteran that has sensitivities when the coliform is increased in the water. Pelican was more expensive, but their website was able to educate me on each of the steps for each of the parts of the things that I had purchased, and that was important because I couldn't make any mistakes in what exactly I needed for my house based on my husband's health issues.

I did the installation myself, but when I had technical questions, I called and completely noted out with specific valve installation. They enjoyed my noting out on these little specifics and details because I was calling for specific questions, and then they gave me those answers. The only thing that wasn't communicated clearly was the issue of the water conditioner, and how it is still gonna have the hard water, not taking the hardness out of the water. If the hardness is still there, a UV filter won't work because the hardness and the particulates of the limestone particles that are in the water will cast a shadow if you use a UV light. And if there's a little piece of bacteria behind the little particle, it won't kill it. So, we put a chlorinator on the system before it goes into the Pelican part of my system. That way, any bacteria is killed. And then once it goes into my Pelican home system, it gets filtered in multi-stages.

We have such hard water, we got the RO filter at the sink about three years ago, and then we had to change the filter on it. We noted that was when the water started tasting bad, then we changed the filter on it for the first time. As soon as we changed the filter once it was at its capacity, the water tasted fine again, but it was expensive. We were looking at what we pay and the price of buying bottled water versus using an RO filter, and I don't know if we saved money that way. If I would have bought water for the last two years, it would be the same or maybe less than the cost of the RO filter plus having to change the RO filter's filter. For the other filters on the system, I don't buy new Pelican ones, but I take them out, wash them and put them back in.

I have a couple of pre-filters and then I have a carbon filter to remove the chlorine that I had used. And then, it goes into the water conditioner. I also needed a post-filter so I added it to catch anything that bubbled up out of the carbon filter and the water conditioner. I have a RO filter under my sink if we want the water without the hardness. But the hardness is still there, it just doesn't stick in the rest of the house.

Our home had no filtration system before, and when we had to pull the toilets to replace the little rings on the toilets, there was so much hard water. It was probably 35% caked on on the side. By putting Pelican's water conditioner, it loosened up all that limestone. It was like the pipes were getting cleaned because the build-up within the pipes and big chunks of stuff were coming out for a week. We knew that was gonna happen because that's what it said on the website to expect when you have this kind of limestone build-up, and we haven't had any problems.

I like to show off my system because I got 14 stages in the whole thing combined. I like to see and educate the people around here because we don't have any industry out here in the Texas Hill Country. I have recommended Pelican, but most people around here said the whole system is too expensive, and in San Antonio, there are some other companies that are offering the same sorts of steps in the system but at cheaper rates. It doesn't look as nice because they don't have nice stainless-steel cylinders, but a lot of people are looking simply at the price.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I moved West and you gotta put salt in the water and all this nonsense. So, I kept researching on what I was gonna do and I did my homework. I was gonna strip the water with the reverse osmosis or have it filtered. I looked at the Pelican, and it seemed like a better system because I don't want to strip the water of all the good stuff. I just wanted to get the bad stuff out and they did. The website was good and it helped me figure out what I want. The representative on the phone made it a simple choice to me and he closed it good. I got the water filter, the water softener and the electronic light thing that kills all the bad stuff. I was living with my aunt for five months before my house was built and she had a salt system. You couldn’t drink the water and when I was there, when I bathed and took a shower, my skin was very dry. So, when I came here and installed the system into my new house, I noticed that my skin is not as dry as well as my scalp.

I've got the system in the house for a few months and I'm happy with it. I found the support was good when I called up and they guarantee the system for life if you buy the carbon from them. It doesn't look ugly in the house too. When you go in the garage, they put that chrome container over. I care about the appearance inside the garage and that was nice. We all paid for it and that's probably included but it's a good system. Pelican wasn’t cheap but it was a fair price. Orlando, the rep, was a straight shooter. He told me to send it back if I didn’t like it. He was that sure that I was gonna like it and the system was so good that my cousin looked at it and he’s gonna get one too. I love Pelican Water. It’s awesome and it was everything the guy said and more.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 30, 2020

****ATTENTION ALL BUYERS****. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. I have had and have ben going through a terrible experience with these guys. I trusted the SALES AGENT to be honest and give me proper recommendations for a WATER SOFTENER in LAS VEGAS where we have HARD WATER. I asked the agent many questions and also sought for advice. I was lied to, I was mislead, I was given wrong information. I learned very early in sales always be honest because in the long term you will benefit from it, its good practice, shows your character and you can avoid things like this, disappointed customers.

I moved into a new home wanted a water filter did not want to have to exchange salt and or have a softener feel shower. After looking online I found this company which uses a play on words. BE CAREFUL. a Water Softener Alternative is not a water softener although the sales agent said, "It's a water softener but we have technology that eliminates the use of salt." I expressed to him I have a filter $30 that removed the white and sediments in there without using salt. He goes, "Oh yes I have one. It won't be in there. You'll be find this one is great for you. No residue will be left." This guy was speaking like he is an expert, "We have a return policy. We take the item back from you no problems. If you have any issues try 90 days. We have specials. You will love it."

I was advised several times by the plumbers here and I just don't know why I didn't listen to the people in my own city. They advised me against this brand, this product and I pay for their time. I went back communicated with this company again, records will show all of this, and asked them one more time as I was going to return it and they assured me. I paid $50 for consult and $800 for installation. Worse decision I have made. Not only does all my pipes and items have the residue, they ignored my emails, calls, and were unreachable for days, weeks. They acted confused with everything I mentioned, and were unhelpful at every turn.

I finally reached out to my bank to get my money back. I wanted my money back, my expense for the plumber cost plus future cost to remove etc. Look at all their advertisement and things they say to bait you, then look at the cost you incur and the response they have. I have all on record. They are trying to fight me on this, try to send this to collections while my CC bank is investigating this. I have never heard of a company stating a customer hasn't paid when they have, and sending them to collection while the credit card company is investigating this. They want to fight you and they have not been good at any turn.

Please I warn you guys!!!! Be careful with these guys! Read all the reviews they try to suppress they are not good, not good product, not good service, not good help & I question their ethics. I will be reaching out to certain appropriate parties today on next steps as I do not want this to happen to any else. Please share my story!!

Hello Mr. **,

We have received multiple emails from you under different names and emails which has made it difficult to respond to an email you will check. We have responded to each and every email you have sent us. Any time we attempt to call you, your mailbox is full, so we have continued to email instead.

We provided you an RAC to return your product under the 90 day guarantee. However, instead of returning the product you filed a chargeback and have refused to return the product you have not paid for.

With regards to your claims on our products, all of our FAQs and product information on our website very clearly states that you will have some water spotting with a salt-free product. It is also in the owners manual for the system you purchased. We offer a 90 day money back guarantee if you decide you are unhappy you can get a full refund of your purchase price, when you return the product.

In our emails with you, you indicated that you were told by the sales rep "I was told the water would be clear there is a slight chance of spotting". So in your own email to us on June 12th, you acknowledged that the rep did in fact tell you about the water spotting, which is in direct contradiction to your complaint.

We also offered to swap your salt free system for a traditional salt softener to meet your expectations but you refused.

Given the chargeback, we have nothing left to refund you. We can only refund you the purchase price of the system, we cannot refund you for fees you didn't pay us.

Original review: July 23, 2020

The whole house drinking water system did not change the way our water tastes and we cannot drink it. The saltless water conditioner has had no impact on our water that we can tell. We have had to replace our dishwater and our faucets are corroded and now need replaced. We bought both of these units with high hopes but are very disappointed. I have complained to no avail. They will not test our water or offer any solutions other than using a spray cleaner (which will not help with deposits on our hair, radiators, or inside our hot water tank).

Hello Rebecca,

We are sorry to hear that you system is not working as you would like. We recommended having your drinking water checked for chlorine locally as its faster and less expensive to confirm that the certified carbon filter you purchased is in fact reducing the chlorine but you did not choose to have it tested, so we cannot confirm your claim on the carbon filter.

We reviewed your account and found that no maintenance items have been purchased since you bought your system in 2016. Failure to do standard maintenance can effect the performance of your system. Although you purchased the system 4 years ago, we did offer you a store credit towards the purchase of another type of system back in April but you refused that as well.

We are more than happy to help you with your water concerns and find a system that meets your expectations and have gone above and beyond to help resolve your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to us with further questions.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 10, 2020

I was sold wf10 system because we have lot of iron in our well water. Purchased the system in April 2019, installed in June/July 2019. Was promised it will take care all water problems, water will be better than bottle water. From day 1 after installing we always had iron in our water. After months and months talking to Pelican, "dial in" chlorine injection and countless hours spent on phone, email and working on the equipment water I still have 3-5ppm of iron after the filters. Water test done by pelican on 8/29/19 show iron tank is only taking out 1.16ppm of iron out of 4.55ppm. Also the Natursoft filter failed to take any hardness out!

Pelican did offer to refund money, but I would have to pay to uninstall the filters and pay shipping about $1500. Very disappointed with pelican and myself for spending any money with pelican. The reviews you see on pelican websites only show 4-5 star. The review I left on their website never got published. This is the response I got back "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

Dear Mr **,

Our WF systems work very well when properly dialed in and on wells with properly working pumps and pressure tanks. Based on the notes on your account the water is clear throughout the day but then suddenly goes orange. This intermittent color change indicates issues with your well either pressure or flow. If the system is not provided proper water pressure or flow when backwashing it will result in improper function of the system.

We have continued to work with you providing you with additional equipment at no cost to resolve your concerns. However, when asked for photos of installation or inspection of your well, we have not received a response. If you need additional help we will be happy to assist.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Pelican Shower Filter w/5ft. wand. I received my order a few weeks ago and I just set up my shower filter and love every bit of it. I can totally tell the difference on my skin and I can’t smell any chlorine. Thank you very much.

Original review: May 20, 2020

My wife is in hospice and she needed to be able to have a shower that had a lead to it, which was why we got the premium shower head with a five-foot wand from Pelican Water Systems. I had a little trouble getting it hooked up, but my daughter kept at it until we finally got it on. It was hard to get it on the pipe. I’ve always had a shower head that purified the water, but I don’t think it was quite as good as this one.

Pelican Water Systems author review by Greg Chick

Pelican Water Systems is a salt free water treatment system company that was founded in 2007. The company, headquartered in Deland, Florida, specializes in filtration more than softening, although they do both. They are well known for creating drinking water that tastes fresh and clean.

• Eco-friendly: The company is run with a focus on the environment and sustainability, and they are a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.

• Whole home systems: Pelican Water sells whole home systems to filter or soften the water that comes to every tap or faucet of a house.

• DIY installation: The systems sold by Pelican require only simple, DIY installation, which is a budget-friendly option. Professionals from the company can also install the systems.

• Free shipping: The company promises free shipping for all of their treatment systems and products.

• Community giving: Pelican Water Systems gives back to organizations in their community, and they support organizations including American Cancer Society and International Bird Rescue.

by Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Pelican Water Company Information