Call toll free
4.81/5
Based on 293 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

558 Pelican Water Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We went from a residential well to a home on a community well, which had chlorine and I didn’t want that in the water. I’m very handy and I researched which filter I wanted to get. Pelican maintains the warranty even if it’s user-installed while in some other systems, you have to have the vendor put it in and I didn't want that for a water filter. Their system works extremely well and it’s very easy to install. It’s doing exactly what I hoped it would do. Now there's no chlorine anymore, which is what I expected. The only recommendation I would make is if somebody buys the system, it should be easy enough to do the warranty registration online instead of sending the card in. I still have the card sitting in my office so I haven’t pursued the warranty.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We were using so many plastic bottles and wanted to drink the tap water. I was also getting a lot of scale on my showerhead and some faucets, so I looked into water treatment systems. I went online, read the Pelican brochure and bought the big water filter. It was the whole-house water filter which was $900 or $1100. Everything I clicked on the website went through and the system came delivered in no time at all. The installation was very easy and the system worked out really well. The biggest difference since the system was installed would be some of the scales in the shower have disappeared. The water tastes better now and we're also drinking water, making coffee and cooking with tap water.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Every August, our water system here in Florida gets flushed with chlorine. When that happens, the water smells terrible and drinking it is like drinking water out of a pool. I knew which system I wanted and then I called Pelican, asked a couple of questions about it and had gotten input about it. I bought a non-salt softener. Their rep was very easy to work with and their website was very easy to navigate. Plus, they confirmed that I made the right choice. The system had excellent quality. The water was so bad in the house that it started to descale when they brought the new system in. I ended up getting a new water heater because it was so corroded by the lack of a decent water. The water is softer and much better now and the filter gets cleaner. They changed the carbon a couple of months ago and it was good for four years since it was first put in.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I live in an area that has extremely hard water. I searched on the internet for water conditioners and I learned about Pelican Water Systems. The discussion of our water quality was mainly through email and I asked a few questions regarding how the system worked and what to expect, and it sounded like what I wanted. However, the Pelican website is a bit confusing. There was a large number of choices on there. For example, if I was going to a find replacement media for my different tanks, it was a little difficult to find, although I had their consultant walk me through it. It was very easy when someone was explaining it to me. But even though I work in computers and web-based things, the site has so much information on it that is extremely complex.

The primary thing that I was told was that there’s no salt flushing of the system. And because I have a septic system, it was very important to me to not have that salt flushing in. I have the PSE2000 installed and the water is noticeably softer and extremely clean to drink. Prior to putting it in, we had a small amount of sediment in our water. We have a well, so it was pulling up whatever was underground. But going through the Pelican system, it filters out any bad taste or any small sediment and I’ve noticed there are no hard water stains on my tile. The whole experience turned out to be a lot better than I had hoped for.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I looked at different types of home filtering systems and water softeners and I’ve had the old style water salt type things before, but I didn’t wanna go that way. When living in California, they’re not too keen on it. A LifeSource person came out and did a demonstration for me in-home and I liked the way their system was, but I started researching and found Pelican Water Systems, so, from there, that’s where I got started. I knew we have the hard water here because I used to live in Las Vegas in Nevada and we had extremely hard water there. We had a system there as well, although it wasn’t a Pelican. I was concerned that I needed the system here. It was a new construction home and I wanted to get it started off right. We had only been in it for about six months and it was already starting to show some calcium deposits and spots, so I wanted to get a system.

Pelican recommended a company that wasn’t even close to where we live. They were about 60 miles away, so I just went with a local plumbing company and had them make me a bid in coming out and installing it once I got the system shipped. I had just the water filtering system with one tank at first and we had it for almost two years. I was so impressed with what I had, but I talked to my next door neighbor and he actually went with the whole of the dual system. My wife said that she would really like to have the softer water and seeing what was my neighbor's once he had it installed, I decided to go back and reordered the softener as well after a few months. We’ve had that in for a good year.

Pelican told me it would take a while for the system to start breaking down whatever build-up I had in the pipe, and sure enough, every so often, I had gone back a couple of times after a few months and had taken out my aerators and rinsed them out. Sure enough, there were still little deposits breaking loose and coming together. In fact, it filters so well. At first, there were only two of us and I had changed the filter down from five months to four months to three months. It gives us a range of how much we use it, how many people are in our household, and how often we should change our filters. Now, every three months I change the filter because when I pull it out, it has really collected a lot of particles and I can see it in the filtering system, so it’s really working and it really does a good job. The water is much softer and I don’t see any new additional build-up on any of the faucet heads. It really has made a difference.

I talked to my friend next door and a couple of people I know down in the neighborhood into buying one, but they went with much more expensive units and water systems. My neighbor across the street has one of the local water softener guys. He said it comes with replacement of the tank every month type thing and he’s considering changing it out. He wanted to see how well mine works. He’s interested and he has done some online research, too, that he is considering getting the Pelican as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had a soft water system with another company and I was tired of their billing wherein every year, it would go up and up. In buying the PC1000 Pelican Water system, I don’t have a monthly bill and it will be cheaper with them in the long run. The system seems to be working fine and produces soft water.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased to hear that your water quality is much better. Excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I do home inspection and I was at a house. I ran out of water in my cup and asked if I could get some water and it tasted so good. I saw in the garage where the owner had a water treatment system from Pelican, so I asked him about it. At the time, my water tasted terrible and I always had to mix Gatorade in it just to make it drinkable. We were in the same neighborhood and drink the same water. I figured I could use the same equipment and get the same taste in my water.

I looked Pelican up on the internet and decided what system I wanted to get. I bought it and I put it in. I just followed the instructions and it worked out well. The installation was also easy. However, I bought the installation kit, which I shouldn’t have bought because it was expensive. I could have put the system in with PVC piping. Still, the installation kit worked fine and my water is now very good. It's unbelievable. Pelican's system is a good investment.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I was looking for a salt-free softener and I checked with a friend of mine who was in Florida. I ordered a system from Pelican online and it shipped. I got a system that doesn’t use any salt and it was based on two bathrooms. The person who installed it for me also agreed that it was a good unit so that made me feel confident in my purchase. Now, I have no water marks on the faucets and I use less laundry soap. It’s working out great and I would highly recommend them.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I just wanted to share my experience with the Pelican install and to give a heads up about the UV Systems. First the instruction manuals are very well written, second it will cost about $500 in parts to get your system installed, and be prepared for the install to take about a day and a half as it is a process. My biggest complaint is that when I bought two systems one for my primary home and another for our second home. When I asked the sales person about installing the UV system outside said, "No problem." My house was built in the sixties, however after reading through the install Manual UV Systems are intended for garage installs or areas not exposed to sun. I wish I has not ordered the UV. Now I have an additional cost to build shelter for the UV system.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the feedback. So glad to hear that the instructions were very well written. UV Systems are able to be installed outside, if protected from the weather elements. Average install time for our systems is approximately three to five hours depending on complexity.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Our previous water filter broke down and the company that had that product was out of business. So, we bought a unit of Pelican Water Systems straight from the home improvement store. It seems to be the same type of filter as our old one and the installation of the unit was easy. It's a product that people can rely on and does what Pelican says it's gonna do, and I’d recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I’ve been using different filtering water methods for a while and I was intrigued by Pelican Water System. They have the one that I didn’t have to keep filling the pitcher for that’s over the sink. I ordered the unit online and it arrived on time. It was installed without a problem and it has been great quality.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

When I did my research for a water system, the first thing I saw was Pelican and another one company, but I chose Pelican because of the reviews they get about their very good filter. I bought the whole house system. I had a nice interaction with their consultant and even with the guy who showed up in the house and made the water test. He was also my vendor. I hired a friend to do the installation and it took him two or three hours but everything went well. Before, the water has calcium. Now, I feel the difference in the water. It’s better. The price and the quality are the best things about the system. You'd get a lot for its price. I would highly recommend Pelican. I'm very happy with it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I ordered filters online from Pelican and it was easy enough and in about a week, the filters arrived. It was a good water softener.

Pelican Water response

Buying online and working through our website is a great way to do your research and then select your product. Our marketing team will be so happy to hear you found the experience positive. We are also delighted to hear that you are happy with the Softener.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was searching for a water purification system online when I came across a posting by Pelican. I then dug a little deeper to see if their product was the one I was looking for. I dealt with everything online and there were no hidden costs. Pelican was very easy to work with. I ended up getting a water purification system. It has a carbon tank and it sits outside. The plumber who installed the system was not cheap. He had to build a bypass for the plumbing system. Still, since I had the system, the water has been softer. I can now feel the difference in the bath water or when I wash my hands.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I bought a house that had a Pelican water system in it and recently I needed to replace the filter and a lamp. I called the number that was listed on the unit and told them I needed a new filter and they shipped. Then they walked me through how to put it in over the phone. Every time I’ve called Pelican, they’ve been above and beyond helpful.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that you received such great service. We do pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

When I saw one of my neighbors get a system from Pelican Water Systems, it got me moving. We've had had water treatment systems for drinking water up in Virginia but now that we're in Florida, we've been drinking bottled water because the water here is not the best. We replaced our washing machine and our water heater, so we decided to go ahead and get a system to keep the sediment and stuff like that from coming into the new appliances.

I'm pleased with the system that I got. It's maintenance-free. We also don't have to put salt in it, so it's good. And the water has been softer. I also replaced the sediment filter a month ago and it had a whole bunch of crap in it. So the system is doing its job and I feel good about it. It’s keeping all the minerals suspended into the water, so they don't leave deposits through the faucets and stuff like that. It was easy to replace the sediment filter. I got a wrench, and I went ahead and ordered four replacement filters online. They all came and the instructions were clear, and it had the o-rings and everything. It took me five minutes to do the replacement, which was faster than switching batteries in a smoke detector. I liked that part.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I’m in an area where we have a lot of limestone and it was affecting me. My skin was tight and my scalp was scaly. When I made iced tea, it was cloudy. I research things for a long time before I buy it and Pelican Water Systems was in the top 5 for the top whole-house water filtration system. They also had good ratings on Lowe’s Home Improvement. I went to the Pelican Water website several times and researched what they had there. I talked to my friend who was a contractor and he said that the whole-house system would probably be the way to go so I got the PC600 from Pelican. It did the thing that I needed for the water that I had and there was a softening part that you could add on at a later time.

I had a few questions about the install since I installed it myself so I talked to a customer service rep and a technical guy after I received my product. Both of them were very professional. After I put the system in, I noticed that my skin was not scaly anymore. I could make tea and it was not cloudy like it was and it tasted better. Also, I have been using less dishwashing liquid and soap. I would recommend Pelican Water Systems to my friends.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Some time back, I wanted a complete system that would be a filter for the entire water supply in the house. I got one from Pelican and every dealing I had with their reps was very professional. Their reps handled my requests as well as any questions I had in a timely manner. However, the hammer to replace the cylinder was misplaced and so I ordered a new system from Pelican as a repeat customer. Since getting the new system, my wife thinks that our water has been a little softer.

I'm very satisfied and I'm glad I bought this. Pelican's team has been doing very well. I recommend other people to install a system and use this company's products. I change my filter every six months and I notice how brown it is. It was bright when it was installed so there are impurities coming from outside water supply. Thus, it's important to have a good salt system. Pelican's system does the job.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was doing research through Google because of the taste, smell and color of my water from where I live and I saw Pelican. Their website was good and easy to use. I asked the consultant the kind of features, the kind of pollutants that would be eliminated through the filter, the kind of warranty and durability the filter would have and he answered all my questions. He was very well-informed, friendly, very calm and direct in my questions. He was not pushy at all as far as buying the system so, very good. I bought the three to four-bedroom filter system since that one fits my house. Now, the taste of the water is fantastic, the clothes are whiter, there’s no smell anymore and the water is drinkable. Before, I was even afraid of brushing my teeth with the water. I have completely different water and I would recommend the system to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I’ve had Pelican Water Systems since April and I remember telling someone that the true test is next winter because I was having really dry skin and I was sure that a part of it was from the dry weather that we have up here. I got the Pelican shower filter and since then, I have lesser dry skin. I did the installation and it was very easy. When I ordered the system online, everything went fine and I have suggested it to friends. However, those bathroom smell things in their website worth three for 12 bucks comes with a shipping fee of $8. So, I have to wait until I get down to a major city which is three hours away. Home Depot has them and I don’t have to pay for shipping.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We had used the pitcher-based filtration for a long time and decided that it was a hassle. I used Pelican's website and purchased the regular drinking water under the sink system. Installing it took about 15 minutes and since then, my water has been very good. They met all my requirements and the whole thing went really well. The transaction was easy and the product is great. I’d definitely do it all over again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I live in Sacramento and the water was really bad. I wanted to make sure that the water is nice and clean, so I called Costco. Costco was selling me some salted water systems and the rep said it would cost 6,500 to install. However, I don't like salted. I have people in my family who had salted ones and they said that after about two years of use, the system would get rusted. I thought that there must be something out there without salt, so I started looking for it and I found Pelican Water Systems. They have an unsalted water system and they are used by hospitals.

Using Pelican's website was good. I found everything I needed. I called them and the guy named Robert told me to buy the basic ones. He also said that I do not need the expensive ones since those are for the places that have a well. I then bought a system and he sent me all the videos on how to install it and gave me two filters for free. He also said that every five years, he’ll send me an email to remind me to fill something.

Since using Pelican's system, my swimming pool has been nice and clean. My granite countertop has no calcium and the water feels a little silky and is better too. I also don’t have to spend money on my nice refrigerator with the water filter that I spend $55 every two months. I've always shown my water system to my family and some friends.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We bought a new house and the water was unacceptable for my wife. I was okay with it but it had a sulfur smell and I had a little reddish tint in the toilet and the sink. So, it led me to get a water treatment unit from Pelican Water. They had a very personable sales consultant, John. He presented himself very well and was very knowledgeable. He did a great job. He brought out a mobile display and he offered a 5-micron filter, a sulfonator, a softener and the filter to take care of any sediments. It was everything I needed. He had a fix for my iron, sulfur, microbial and water issues.

But unbeknownst to him, I already did a water sample and I knew what my water issues were. He came in and he had his own way of testing the water, while I was standing there, and he produced almost exactly the same results that I already knew about. I did my own install as I'm an engineer. I did lots of reading and lots of manuals. I also called their tech support. I looked at several videos and I engineered into buying my own system. I had some questions about the way the valves were configured on the charcoal tank and the softener tank but once I got it all installed and I had everything laid out the way I wanted it, my questions were answered. I sent pictures back to Pelican and they were really happy with the way I installed it.

I bought the complete system and got $4,000 wrapped up in all the equipment. The products are above standard comparing it to the Home Depot, Culligan systems or the Lowe's pipe system that can be bought at the big-box store. Pelican’s system is far better. The equipment’s quality on the outside is better and the performance is even better too. In the beginning, I faced weeks of running the system before I started seeing positive gains because the pipes and the hot water tank and all the fixtures in the home took some time to get cleaned. We didn’t live in the house full time so we weren't constantly taking showers and washing clothes.

So, once I got a couple weeks of using the water, I noticed an incredible change, not only in the taste but the smell and the way it was leaving the toilets. Also, my wife told me that she shampoos and conditions her hair and it was an unbelievable change. I tell people that everything I've heard about Pelican and seen with their systems is true. One of them bought from Pelican and Pelican sent me a gift card. My neighbor had been over here and she took at least a dozen pitchers and thought it was wise. Now, I've got four people recommended. One of them has purchased and I installed her system as well. She is extremely happy. I would definitely recommend and I'll continue to recommend Pelican Water Systems.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My brother-in-law bought a Pelican water system and he really liked it. My friend also purchased one and he really liked it as well, so I got involved with Pelican too. I just called them and had the product ordered. Everything went great with the consultant. He was very helpful. I always seem to get the same rep when I call them and he knows exactly what I want. We put reverse osmosis on the drinking part and the water tasted better. I would recommend Pelican's water softener. I’ve been very pleased with it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I had a good experience with Pelican Water Systems, but I would have liked if they stayed with the first price they gave me. I called Pelican to get a price, then I called companies and got prices. Pelican was cheaper, so I called them back. However, they told me that they couldn't honor that price anymore. The first rep that I talked to who gave me the best price was unavailable to talk to, and the next rep I talked to, Jim, jacked up the price by $100. He ran the price of everything up really high. He also tried to oversell me stuff and I had to back off on that. But I just went ahead with Pelican. I got in contact with another salesman who told me that while the stuff I got was fine, I could probably get by with less and add the other if I needed it down the line.

A big difference between Pelican and the other providers I looked into was that with Pelican, I got to pick the plumber who would install the system, whereas with the other companies, they installed and did everything. And there were some savings for me by doing it the way that I did it. The plumber I got has never done such an installation before, but we talked it over and he knew what he was doing. He did it and the whole thing looks very nice. Everything's squared up and done properly.

Another thing was, Pelican's website could have also been better and a lot more informative. There were hidden things in there. I was searching for the estimated cost to install, estimated time to install and the time it takes to filter out the old pipe into the new system. After I got it and got the instructions, we started reading the instructions and that was when we found out that it was gonna take 45 days before the filtering system would kick in and filter everything out. We're still working through the filtering system time because my water isn't clear like I would think it should be. So, we're working through it and getting it there, but, I've already recommended Pelican to two other people, one of them was the plumber itself.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We had a room addition put on and we wanted a water filter system that removes the chlorine, lead and all the other stuff that's in the water. We then had a plumber install a Pelican unit with three different cartridges on one rack. Since having the system installed the water doesn't have the chlorine taste in it.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day. We are pleased to hear that you no longer have the chlorine taste in your water. Our customers find that a Pelican Water Filter System can also help address color, taste and odor, improving the water as you have found.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

A friend of mine had the Pelican water system and he told me about it. Our water wasn’t as pure as we would hope it to be and we wanted to get some clean water into the house. I called Pelican and the sales reps were great. They explained the Pelican system and I ordered it. We got the water filtration system with the water softener. We put it in and the installation was very simple and it wasn’t very difficult. Since having the system installed, we definitely smell the difference. We don’t smell the chlorine in the water anymore and my wife says her skin feels better when she is out in the shower. so, if my wife is happy, I’m a happy guy.

But a week after we put the system in, it started to leak. So, I gave Pelican a call and they told us to tighten it up, and that's what I did. It was fine for a year, then it leaked again. I called them and they said that we already called them that we had a leak once and they sent me a whole new unit. But I had to take the old one apart and put the system back together, which was like installing it again. Nevertheless, our experience with Pelican has been good and I’m very satisfied with their system and their service.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Five years ago before we were building our house, I was looking for a salt-free water softener. We knew that the water in the neighborhood was pretty hard. There weren’t that many choices with Pelican Water Systems, so it wasn’t too difficult to choose what product to get from them. The system we got doesn’t provide soft water though, so it was a marginal solution. The minerals are still there and they still build up. Still overall, we’ve been pretty pleased with it, especially in terms of filtration.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for being a long time Pelican customer and for your review. Our Carbon whole house filters do last for 5 years and then a simple carbon change and you are ready for another 5 years of better than bottled filtered water.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I bought a property that had water that smelled bad. Through my online research, I found that Pelican had the better price and the better product too. I purchased the chlorine injector pump and the filtration system. So far, it has been working really well. However, I called this number and I wanted to make a payment, but they put me on hold forever. Still, I will recommend Pelican Water Systems.

Original review: July 31, 2018

We moved from Northern Arizona to this little bit Central South-Central part in Arizona. It’s a brand new house and it’s my first time on a well as I’ve always been on city water. My contractor had drawn a water treatment system in, so I went ahead. I was looking for a salt-free system on the internet and Pelican's system came up first. After I read about it, I was completely satisfied. However, I was in a hurry when I finally decided to start with Pelican. I put in my order and it took me about ten minutes. I didn’t realize there were more options and I only got the single tank but it’s working great. When the tank came, I had no problem whatsoever. My plumber did it himself and I was a piece of cake. I’ve dealt with this kind of inline filter before and it was simple.

It was the first time the well had ever been used, so it took me a while changing the five-micron filter about once a month until I got my well to the point where it didn’t turn the water a color. And now, it’s perfect. Pelican Water is easy and you don’t have to mess with anything except watch your filter and they’re supposed to only be there for six months. It takes a while for the cavern to get built in a well and I’m finally there. I’m getting good clean water and I would highly recommend Pelican Water.

Pelican Water Systems expert review by Greg Chick

Pelican Water Systems is a salt free water treatment system company that was founded in 2007. The company, headquartered in Deland, Florida, specializes in filtration more than softening, although they do both. They are well known for creating drinking water that tastes fresh and clean.

• Eco-friendly: The company is run with a focus on the environment and sustainability, and they are a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.

• Whole home systems: Pelican Water sells whole home systems to filter or soften the water that comes to every tap or faucet of a house.

• DIY installation: The systems sold by Pelican require only simple, DIY installation, which is a budget-friendly option. Professionals from the company can also install the systems.

• Free shipping: The company promises free shipping for all of their treatment systems and products.

• Community giving: Pelican Water Systems gives back to organizations in their community, and they support organizations including American Cancer Society and International Bird Rescue.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick

Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Pelican Water Company Information

FL
Fax:
www.pelicanwater.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business