toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife has an allergy. She has a lot of salt on her body. We found out that it came from our old water softener and the doctor said we had to take the salt out from it immediately. So we searched online and Pelican Water Systems popped up. We read the information and learned that it was a softener without the salt. That’s what we were looking for. So we took out our old water softener and put the Salt-free Pelican. It is the one with a filter which cleans the water. I paid $1,700 for it. So far, it looks like the water system has helped a lot. My wife is in the sink every day with her hands in the water. Her skin was drying before, but not anymore. It’s beautiful stuff. It has a kind of soft and nice water, which is a big difference from regular water softeners. So far, we’re very happy with Pelican. Everything works, and I have already told a lot of relatives and friends about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was putting together a water system for my cabin and I needed a UV light. I was searching online and saw Pelican Water Systems as a good outlet for those type of devices and appliances. It looked like they had a lot to choose from and a lot of good support and information available. I first bought the light and the pre-filter. And this year, I had to buy a replacement light and I went back to Pelican Water because that's where I got it and I knew I would get the proper replacement. They also have prices to choose from. Their sales representatives were really good. They cleared up a lot of questions I had and they are the experts so I listened. I have a lot of respect for their company and will certainly give their name to people that are looking for those type of devices. I've given their name to several people who are now doing water systems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We live in an agricultural area and I was worried about volatile organic compounds like arsenic and other things. I looked up Pelican Water online, had a phone consultation with a representative, and he answered all my questions then mixed some information on top of that. From ordering to getting the items, everything went smoothly and took less than a week. We purchased the whole-house water filter and the reverse osmosis. Pelican also referred us to an installer in the area. After the installation, our water reminded us of the mountain well water we had in Oregon. It’s like the water is doing something for our health. We love our experience and we’re 100% satisfied. It's wonderful and we've referred neighbors to them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online looking for a water softening system for my home without having to deal with the adding of the salt. I was looking for something very simple and efficient and Pelican’s sales consultant was knowledgeable. That's what made me steer towards the Pelican product. During the consultation, he was very pleasant. He looked like he cared about my requirement and he was able to resolve all. Plus, their website was easy to navigate through. I got a one ball cylinder and a sediment filter, and I had it installed in the beginning of summer. However, I was kind of surprised about the installation kit that I bought that went along with it. I did some investigating and the kit prior to what I received was more assembled than this one. Fortunately, I'm an electrician so I was able to do the plumbing myself without an issue. It worked fine after that. But if you don’t know what you are doing, you should have a plumber install it.

One thing I noticed when I cut out the piece of the pipes when doing an installation was a slight scaling on the inside of it. The salesman who I spoke to said it would take a little time for the system to flush out some of the hard water components inside my pipes. But I could see the difference and so does my wife. When we wash our dishes in the dishwasher I no longer get the trouble of wiping off the white powdery stuff from the hard water. I'm satisfied with the whole system so far. The only bad thing is I stuck it in the corner where nobody could see it. The design is nice and I have no issues with it at all. I like the main construction, the products, and the display of the product is nice. Overall, Pelican is a quality company and I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a lot of research online. There are a lot of systems out there and I narrowed it down to three. And Pelican, them being in Florida and I was moving to Florida, I decided to go with them. I also liked the fact that they have a water softener that's non-soft. My wife doesn't like when we treat hard water with soft, we get that kind of slick feeling after and she hated that. So Pelican was a good option. I bought the system online over two years ago when I was living in Tennessee. I had it shipped to me there and I brought it down when I moved to Florida and installed it here. Pelican has always been very good about answering any questions I have. I have to change the UV bulb once a year and they were great about that. The last time I thought that they had sent me the wrong bulb but it turned out it was right. They were really nice. They sent me a link to a video showing how to change it.

They send me a new bulb every year but my ongoing order of the year got screwed up to the point where they sent me an extra one I didn't need. And when I talked to the service guy, he said "I don't like people to order them because there's only a warranty of one year. So if you buy a year ahead, it's not a good idea." So I asked him if I should send it back and he said no. He'll just change the date and I'll be covered. That was a highlight for me. That's why I didn't have to send it back. I have a two-year warranty but on my use for a year. It would still be warrantied when I start using it for a year. I would recommend Pelican to anybody I can talk to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The house I bought already had a Pelican water system. It comes with a grouping to the tall blue units and the pre-filter. When I had questions about it and I bought a couple of components, I spoke with someone over the phone and he was extremely helpful. He also pointed me to some videos that I didn't find from their website. It's good but it isn't a great website and there's more that they could do with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw a Pelican system at a friend's house. I looked it up to see what it is and was impressed that it is low maintenance. The sales consultants at Pelican were very professional, very helpful and good people. I asked them a bunch of questions and they had answers for everything. We bought the PSE1800 and Pelican sent me different links that we can use for the installation. I thought they would do the installation but they sent the equipment and I have to either do the installation myself or hire somebody to do it. That was a little bit of a surprise for me but it's no big deal. All the YouTube videos and all their advice helped a lot.

I put the system a month ago and I like it. I already recommended Pelican to some people. I was surprised that it was technically advanced and easy to install. It's also low maintenance and that's what I like the most. I have to replace the water filter every six to nine months and then the rest of it, the carbon, every five years. Overall, it was a great experience with Pelican Water.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in Bisbee, Arizona where the water is very hard water and also the Naco-Mexico Sewer Plant is upstream from the well that sources the Bisbee water. The Pelican Water System I got has a tank that I have to change the filter every six months. It's not the complete system but it works in conjunction with the water softener I already had which is still working. The people at Pelican have been easy to work with and their product is a good one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pelican PSE1800 water softener system - The connectors on the bypass valves are plastic and only few threads go into 1' copper fitting. Although PVC fitting is compatible, it cannot withstand the pressure. Although I used PVC because of it was easy, it burst after few months, flooding the basement. Although I changed into copper, the plumber warned me that it could start leak because of the plastic to copper connection is only few threads. When I called the company, they told me that NO metal threaded fitting is available and they advised me to go with copper to plastic with Teflon tape! You will need an experienced plumber to install the copper fitting otherwise the plastic fitting can melt during sweating the connectors! If the tanks are to be disconnected for any reason, such as leak on any joints, the whole plumbing have to be cut away and start all over again! The unit does not come with any connectors to connect to the main. I did not expect this for such an expensive system!!!

Moreover, if you are putting this softener because of white spots on shower stalls and taps, this system will NOT stop the white spots! The spots will be still there because the white spots are coming from "useful' minerals, which this system will not remove (fine prints)! Overall I am not satisfied with the system. It is not worth the price!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our water is very bad, so we checked out treatment systems. I started out ordering on the Pelican website, but when the chat came up, I started chatting with the salesman. He called me and asked if I would order directly from them. He was very helpful and finished the order for me. It was quick and he even gave me a special deal on the filters we needed, so I got a year's supply when I purchased the whole house filter system. We've had it for 30 days, and I'm sure that our water pipes were really in bad shape. We noticed that the white calcium is getting less on our fixtures and my dishes are coming out a lot cleaner. I'm happy with Pelican, but it's going to take a while to clean everything out in our system, so I still don't drink the water from it. Hopefully, it will keep getting better and we’ll be able to do away with the old water. I'm happy with the system so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking online for something that takes fluoride out. Pelican Water looked like it was the best bang for the buck and they did a good job. I ordered online the reverse osmosis after talking to them on the phone. It was more than just the fluoride. It was the whole bit under the counter. I placed it underneath my mother’s sink because she already had one that removed chlorine and impurities. She had the whole house filtered but she didn’t have anything that would take fluoride out. My bones feel stronger and my teeth are better since having it. I’m 67 and I’m running faster than I ever have in my life. It’s a good system so I’m hoping it’ll last a long time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm from Arizona and I have very hard water. I wanted to improve the water quality and someone told me that the only way to get soft water is to use a salt type system. I didn’t want to go back to that, so I started researching and found the solution on Pelican's website, which was very easy to navigate. I could find the products I needed and there was a frequently asked questions section that also answered most of my questions before I called in to place the order. I spent a lot of time on the website looking at the different products they offered and did all my research there. I followed up with calls to get my additional questions answered.

The gentleman I dealt with was very informative. He covered everything thoroughly during the initial conversation. After thinking about it based on the additional research I had, I called back and asked some questions, which he was always able to answer. I was particularly looking for a solution that did not involve salt and lake water and he gave me the confidence I needed to go ahead and make the decision to go with a salt-free system. I purchased their Pelican Combination System, a whole house combination system that includes a whole house filter and the salt-free water softener system.

One of my concerns was the hard water calcium buildup on my faucets throughout the house. Almost immediately, I cleaned them and noticed that there's no additional accumulation, which tells me that their system is doing what they described it would do. One thing that really got my attention was when they said it's third-party verified. I've had the system in for about maybe two months now and it's reducing the calcium build up and giving me soft and clean water throughout the home. The performance has been fantastic and the maintenance on it is going to be easy. It's been an excellent system so far and I am thrilled overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The water in this town has gotten worst over the past few years and I think it was affecting my skin. So I researched online for water systems and found Pelican. I ordered their product that's for the shower. Did it all online and I didn't have to speak with anybody. Using it has been fairly easy. I'm very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're on well water up here and it's really good water but when we first got here they didn't know what they were doing and they were putting so much chlorine in it. I smelled it and it just about knocked me down. That's when we got the first Pelican Water filter and we noticed a big difference. We didn't have all that strong chlorine anymore. Everybody I had talked to at Pelican was good especially the first guy James. He looked up the filters for me and told me how old it was and I've had the filter for seven years. But the wrench to loosen the pre-filter is plastic which is basically junk. I had to go to Home Depot and order a metal wrench. Other than that my experience with Pelican Water has been good. I've also used their website to order stuff and we just redid the filters which was overdue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in a house that isn't owned by me and I don’t know if the well there is taken care of in a way it should be. I always felt my skin to be dried out, so I decided I needed something that would hopefully change the water. Those were my initial concerns and I got led to Pelican. I decided I can afford to buy that as it wasn’t too expensive and I bought it online. I’d been an online shopper way before most people had been an online shopper. That's how I do my research too. Pelican's website was okay and I managed to maneuver through things being pretty savvy. The only time I had to deal with a customer rep was when the initial showerhead that I bought popped off. It was three months tops that I had it when that happened. They sent me a new one and it came at a fairly reasonable time. I just said to them that I hope this one doesn’t do the same thing because I would be unhappy.

But so far, so good because I don’t change the water, what comes out. I could turn the showerhead but I avoid doing that because that’s what caused the problem the first time. The new showerhead I got could it be defective if I was to turn that and it could happen, but I’m avoiding doing it because I was without a showerhead and that’s never fun. With Pelican, I feel that it's better for my skin and it’s not as dried out. It also came with a scenter that’s supposed to have a nice smell in my bath when I shower. I have a very keen nose when it comes to stuff like that and there’s nothing significant that says, “Oh yeah, I smell something particular.” Other than that, everything else is fine and I would recommend Pelican.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There's a lot of iron ore around where this particular system was placed. Then all of a sudden, there was a lot of yellow mud in the water. We sent a water sample to Pelican Water Systems and the young man did everything for us and was extremely helpful. They then sent us everything that we needed to get together, and it worked. We got the filter that takes out the iron residue and there was a whole pallet full of stuff as well. Then while we're at it, we went ahead and got the softener as well. I bought this for my son and now I'm thinking of doing a softener for my house as well. There's no more mud and iron on the water and the soft water is impressive. With just one one touch of dishwashing detergent, it got suds coming out of the wazoo and it's also good for our hair. Also, we can make coffee out of that water which was awesome. I was very pleased with Pelican and I would recommend it to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to the doctor and my phosphorus level was high. So I had our water analyzed and it was high in phosphorus, calcium and lime. I looked at our water system and called the local company but I wasn’t impressed. So I called Pelican and the Sales Consultant was sweet. She answered all my questions and I was impressed with them. I’ve got well water and I purchased a no-salt filter and the RO systems under the sink. Since having Pelican, the trees are growing better, the coffee tastes different and I’m feeling better as well. My pots are getting cleaner and I don’t have to scrub the sink as hard. Now, I can drink a glass of water because the taste was satisfying instead of thinking of something else I can drink. Even my dogs are feeling better. Their coats are shinier and their eyes are clearer. I’m living a dream and really pleased.

But I’m concerned about my account because I was wishy-washy about whether I was going to take it or not. When the plumber came, he didn’t know whether he could do it or not since I live in a mobile home. He said he would go home and think about it, so I canceled the order and told him I might reorder. But I’ve already ordered it so it was confusing. When I ordered the system, I also ordered all the filters I’d need over time that would automatically stand. Pelican sent the order and I kept it not knowing if it was renewed or not when I reordered it. So, it's hard to figure out my account from the web pages. But other than that, I'm very satisfied with my experience with Pelican. They even sent me two other RO systems, and I’m giving them to my brothers for Christmas.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We live at the beach and we have a well that had a horrible sulphuric smell and lots of iron. We had to bring in bottled water. The Pelican Water Systems sales consultant listened and was able to understand our water quality issues and guided me to what I needed. They were concerned about helping me and were all very pleasant. They wanted to make a sale but they knew they could if they help me. Also, their website was self-explanatory. The Pelican water system got rid of the iron and my toilet is not holding on to rust anymore. However, my water still tastes like beach water and I'm not getting used to it as I thought I would. So, I need to call them and see if they have a solution.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a very positive experience with Pelican. I have the PC600 water filter system. The system had been purchased by the previous owner of the house and I continued using it. I've been using it for 5 years now and I love it. I would not be without it even if I moved out of this home. My skin is very sensitive to stuff and with it, my skin feels better. My hair also reacts better and my hair stylist told me that my hair has changed. Also, I've asked Pelican's customer service about the filters and the frequency of changing and I had pleasant interactions with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Pelican to find out what I needed because we have well water. The sales rep was very good and I tried to involve the recommended companies from Pelican for the system installation. But they're too far away to come and they were going to charge me for the trip, so I installed the system myself and involved a friend who helped with partial plumbing. I called the Pelican guys about 50 times to find out what something was, how it's supposed to work and how it was going to turn out. Their customer service is good and patient. They called back and guided me through. I built this 5,000 square foot house myself and I love to face a complicated situation. It makes me be stronger. So the water system turned out well, but it would be way easier if there's an installation team because it wouldn't take that long for them.

I mistakenly ran high-flowing when I was refilling the tank and that allowed some to get a charcoal thing through the system. Plus, my whole system was full of iron, so it took me about four days to clean everything out. I didn't want to use chlorine, but I started to use it and the water comes out pretty good. I didn't test it for anything else but the water tastes great. My kids, wife and I are happy to have good water in our whole house. Everything's perfect and we drink from all of the faucets in the house. Pelican is great in all ways. I like the system, and I've recommended it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m trying to keep my hair color from fading so fast and I read that chlorine is bad for your hair. I went online and found everything on Pelican Water's website. It was very easy. I got the shower with the shower head with the little thing that goes into it. I had a water filter years ago and it was through the whole house and it didn’t feel clean but this really feels just right. I also noticed that it lasted a little longer and my skin’s softer since installing it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Pelican Water and they were great on the phone. I placed an order for a whole-house system online and their website was good. I've had tech assistance and they were excellent. We've used Pelican filters for several years. We lived in the city when we first installed it. There's a big difference between the Pelican water and the city water. We've moved out to the country and now we have a well. And we just used bottled water before we got the system re-installed here. They have been very professional and very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read about how a water system is important for hair in a fashion magazine. It gets the chemicals out of the water so that your hair doesn't get dull. I’ve got butter blonde hair and I wanted the color to stay bright and nice. I went online to read reviews, and Pelican came out better rated. Their website was very easy and quick to go through. I ordered the product to attach to my shower and after a few days, it was delivered. I’m going to be sent a cartridge every six months. I told my hair colorist about the Pelican System and she thought it was a great idea. My hair color is still bright and I love Pelican.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have really hard water where we live and my wife and I did research on the internet about water treatment systems. We ordered the system from Pelican Water on the internet and I installed it and we loved it. Subsequent to that, I've talked to three different neighbors of mine, who have ended up purchasing the Pelican systems and I've installed for them as well. The salesperson I've dealt with, Patrick, has been very professional and very helpful.

I purchased the Pelican whole-house water filtration system for 5-bedroom homes. It has the pre-filter, carbon filter, and the water softener. I purchased it four times and I'm getting ready to purchase one which is like for a three-bedroom house with a much smaller footprint. I absolutely love Pelican's system. I love the taste of the water. We don’t get water spots in the dishwasher any longer and my wife says her skin feel better. It works better when she washes her hair and we don't get the hard water spots on like the glass shower doors.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have lime on the pipes and fixtures and I was looking for water softeners. I found Pelican on the web and bought extra filters, too. Since using Pelican, the water tastes better. I had the salt type system before and it felt like it was hard to get rinsed off. I don't feel that with Pelican. I'm happy with the system.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our products as well as the service you received. Your research would have told you that you absorb chlorine through your skin as well as digesting it when you drink. So, we are glad that you are thrilled with our filtration system. We do pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and its very nice to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Pelican was professional, helpful, succinct, and I love their product. I'm thrilled - and I think it does a better job than Aquasana of keeping chemicals off the skin and hair. I live in RI and the water is terrible - I can't live without water filtration!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The water in Florida got way too much chlorine and it’s very hard. It stains, ruins the pipes, and tastes terrible. Pelican Water is a local company that has been in business for a long time, so we knew that they're legitimate. Their reps came out and did a water test. They told us about the quality of our water and they were offering free installation at that time. Pelican wasn’t the cheapest water filtration company on the planet, but they were thorough, kept following up, calling, and were quite persistent. They also had the whole system in the back of their truck as a sample and it was impressive because one could see the tanks.

We got a whole house water system and bought the tanks in advance because we had to fill them with water and let them fix for at least a week. And then, the reps from Pelican came out and installed the two big silver tanks and another smaller tank outside of the house. It's like a three part filtration system without salt and osmosis. Then they followed up afterward and since we've had the system, we’ve noticed the difference in our water. Pelican is a good company with very professional, punctual, and considerate people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We live at the beach and have a well. It had a horrible sulfur smell and lots of iron and we had to bring in bottled water. Pelican's rep listened and said what we needed and guided me to it. Dealing with their website was all very positive and self-explanatory. Their employees were all very pleasant and they were concerned about helping me. They wanted to make a sale but they knew they could if they help me. Since having it installed, my toilet is not holding on to rust. But the only thing is, my water still taste like beach water. And I'm not getting used to it as I thought I would so, I need to call them and see if they have a solution.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband got a different brand that we tried before but it didn't seem to do anything so we went with Pelican. They seemed to be one of the leading brands and the sales consultants were awesome. I spoke with Al and he was very informative. He went through everything with me. We may have been using a vitamin C filter before and theirs was charcoal, and we went with their recommendation. We couldn't get a full-house system because we were in a condo so we got the next best thing and the shower filter actually helped with the chlorine smell quite a bit, so we just stuck with it. Having the filter on auto-ship is also awesome because I don't have to remember when to replace it. At first, I tried to do the auto-ship online but it wasn't very intuitive so I just filled out the card and mailed it in. Their website was easy to search for products with but the auto-ship was a little hard for me to figure out.

I got a notification saying that they had charged the next auto-ship filter. However, I'm getting a full-house filter now because we're moving into a house. So I called to cancel the auto-ship filter and the rep was able to to that. I didn't have to pay for that filter and that was awesome. Their customer service is on point and that is more important to me than the product. But Pelican has got good customer service and a good product, so it's a good combo. I'm going to keep going with Pelican for my house system from here on out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Pelican Water Systems for over five years and I recently replaced a carbon. When I first put my system in, I had a unique situation. Imagine the incoming on the left hand side and the pre-filter on the right hand side. So I ran the incoming line to the pre-filter on the right versus about four foot from the intake to the pre-filter to the carbon filter to the osmosis filter. I couldn't find a plumber so I had to use a type of pipe that fits over a pipe and clamps down. It's been running perfectly for five years though and I love it. Their sales reps were great. They wanted me to record how I set up my system and they have the recording.

I order my filters up five years at a time. The only problem I have with it is when I mount the pre-filter to the wall, the studs are not at four inches. There's no way I can hit the stud with all four of those nuts or all four of those bolts and go through that pre-filter hanger. I had to take a board, cut it down and I had to drill into those studs with that board and then drill into the board for the hanger. It was tearing my wall apart. I have to crank that down to tighten the pre-filter so much every six months. Every time I crank it down it pushes against the drywall. Every time I loosen it up it pulls against the drywall. So if that thing is ever taken off they're going to have to replace that section of the drywall.

Last year, I called the guy who put in the water heater several years ago because I thought it's time to have it checked to see if it needs any servicing. He comes out and he says, “When was the last time I was here?" I said, "Well, when you put it in." He says, "Oh you mean three and a half years ago." He says, “You're supposed to call me every month, every year, once a year." And he says, "But I got to admit these pipes are clean as if you're not running any water through them at all." Years ago the aerators filled up but that was because all the build-up in the pipes when I first put the system in was being flushed out into my aerators, so I had to buy new aerators. When he checked the tankless water heater, he said that it looked like it was put in just months before, not years before. When utilizing a whole house Pelican Water System, there will be no build up on the tankless water heater.

I recommend my water system to anybody. Especially those people who are having to use salt every month. It's only $2,100. You change the pre-filter every six months and it filters out to the .5 micron. You'll never know how good water tastes until after you had a salt water system or no filter system and a Pelican System. You set three different glasses, no filter system, salt water system and Pelican system next to each other and ask the people to take a test, take a drink and tell you which ones taste better.

Furthermore, my hair will lather like I’ve never had my hair lather before and it will rinse clean. I have $23 to $28 gas bill a month. I have a gas hot water heater and I never run out of hot water. I love my hot water showers. I can take a shower, run my dishwasher and my washer at the same time and I don't run out of hot water at all. Also, I didn't drink my water before out of the tap and then I did. If I ever get around to building a house, a Pelican Water System is what I plan on putting into the house.

Pelican Water Company Profile