toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Pelican Water

Thanks for the positive review, we are seeing more customers combine a Pelican Salt Free Water Softener with a gas or electric tankless water heater. Not only is this combination great for the environment its also great for your wallet too ($$)

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

PS: Always check the warranty section when buying a water heater, many manufacturers of both tankless and traditional water heaters have clauses that insist the home owners need to ensure the water quality going into the systems are treated.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I was looking for a water softening system that wasn't salt-based. I found Pelican Water through the internet, sent them an email, and they were very helpful. I put in a tankless water heater, and what I've noticed with Pelican's system is that my water is much softer. Also, with other water softeners, there's a taste and a slightly oily feel, but with Pelican, there's none of those. In addition, I've done re-orders because now I need to get the filters on a regular basis and they've been incredibly prompt. I live very remotely and it never takes long to get their deliveries. I am incredibly happy with the Pelican water softener and I've been using it for four years now. I like the service and the way they've worked with me with replacement filters. I'm also very satisfied with the condition of my water. I've referred them to several people as well.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased to hear you appreciate our consultative sales approach, our sales team of Water Specialists are provided with a great deal of information to help the customer decide what is the best system for them. It's also great to hear that the quality of your water matches your expectations.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

We got the Pelican water softener and water purification system because the water where we live is hard. Their sales consultants were very nice on the phone. They spent a long time explaining the system, talking about the numbers that we got from our water company and what was in the water. When we were having it installed, we again called them and they were very helpful and patient in giving us useful information. I'm very satisfied all the way around with the product, ease of installation, and definitely their support. We now see a difference in our clothes and how my hair feels. Also, we used to have water splashes and had so much of residue in it but now, it’s not quite that way any more.

Pelican Water

We are happy to hear that you have a UV System and now have 99% protection from bacteria in your water. Please ensure you change the lamp and sleeve as recommended so that you continue to protect you and your family from bacteria entering your water system.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

PS: You can sign up for our WaterShield Autoship Program to ensure you get your UV replacement bulbs and sleeves delivered on time when you need them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I was trying to get my house refinanced, so I had to do a water test and I had bacteria in the water. I purchased the UV filter from Pelican Water because that’s all I needed to get rid of the bacteria. The sales consultant of Pelican Water was great and very personal. He knew that he had something that I need and that it was going to be a sale, so he didn’t try to push me into it, he just answered all the questions. I was a little bit worried about being able to install the thing myself, and he said that if I can put a hose on a bib to water the lawn, then I can do this. I’ve already recommended Pelican Water.

Pelican Water

Thanks for the review, our marketing team work very hard to make sure our website is easy to navigate and make secure purchases from. More people are buying UV systems to give that final piece of protection to the water coming into their home, we are pleased to hear you are pleased with the quality of protection it is providing.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I have a sediment filter and an ultraviolet sterilizer from Pelican and the quality is very good. Pelican has excellent customer service, and their website is easy to navigate too. However, I haven't had a chance to install my water system since I had a hand surgery and I plan on getting it installed next week. Nevertheless, I recommend them to my friends.

Pelican Water

Sorry to hear that your UV system lamp broke, but we are happy to hear that we sent you a replacement and your now have 99% protection from bacteria in your water.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

We got a water softener and the ultraviolet rays from Pelican Water Systems and it seems to be great. Their sales consultants were very polite, and it was also great to talk to the helpline. A glass broke and they ordered it, then we got it in the next day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Pelican Water

Thanks for the review, its sounds like our shipping partners got a little overwhelmed at Christmas time but we got it all sorted and you got a Pelican Christmas present! We are pleased that the system works on a Texas ranch. Many people experience that same problems you did with the old technology salt softeners but its good to hear that our salt free version is working and giving you the quality of water you deserve.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

When I moved to San Antonio, it is one of my requirements to have a filtering system for my home. Then, I made some comparisons and saw that the Pelican did not require electricity or salt. When I lived on the ranch, I used the Culligan system which required both. And I was satisfied with it except when I went on vacation and came home, the water was very salty. So, when I found out and I investigated what kind of filter it was and what it would do, and I contact the water system here in San Antonio, Pelican said it would be adequate for what is required here so I did that.

In December, I called, ordered more filters and it was a very nice man by the name of Christopher who said, "Yes, I want eight of them." So, they sent them here and never received the filter so I called them and Fedex evidently lost it. I said, "Well." And so, they made an investigation and sent me eight more. I called Fedex and finally, about four or five days later, the first order occurred. Meanwhile, Pelican was good enough to say, "We're sending you another one at no cost, etc., etc." So I said, "Send me eight more and bill me for it and be etc." Then all of a sudden, I had two orders here. So, I said, I will pay for it, no problem. All of a sudden, I got a call back from Pelican, people in Florida, saying, "We're giving you this here since you called. It was not your fault, etc." So, they gave it and it was like a Christmas gift to me. Pelican Water Systems is excellent and my experience is absolutely wonderful. I recommended Pelican to all my neighbors.

Pelican Water

Thanks for your review, you like many well water customers will find that the water quality and the contaminants that are in can change annually. We always recommend testing your well water at least once a year to ensure you are addressing the current issues. So glad that our consultative sales process worked out for you and you were able to add to your existing system. Thank you so much for being a loyal Pelican Water.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

We had half of Pelican Water's system for the last seven years, and we added an additional iron filter because the water table has changed at our house. I live in Florida and they treated for sulfur. They use an aerator which turns into a swamp cooler. It's just turned into a mossy mess that has to be cleaned every month. And by adding this system, I no longer have to do that because there's nothing to the open air that's treated with chlorine and then filtered. When I talked to the sales rep, there was some confusion as to what system I had and he thought I was putting in a new system. But I was actually adding to an original system and then recharging the Carbon Media. So, it was all cheaper than I expected, and the system works very well.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Our water's so hard that's why we got a Pelican Water system. When we first got their system, my husband's the one that handled everything and he didn't want us to have to put salt in all the time and I've got a lot of friends who put salt in their system. He always said he was probably going to leave before I did, which he did. So, I inherited did a lot of stuff I didn't know what to do, but the guys at Pelican, especially Dave, they have been wonderful. I could not ask for any better treatment and advice that I had from them.

Their system is wonderful too. I had a problem with a couple of my tanks but it was still under warranty so Pelican sent them and my neighbors helped me replace the tanks. Also, we got a lot of rust in our water so I change the orange filter every now and then. It starts out white then turns to orange and I don't have my toilet sitting there with orange water in it so the system's working. In addition, my son's water up in Riley is really soft that I have to be careful when I get a dab of shampoo but ours is not soft anymore, but at least I can make a lather. The only down thing is they don't come and install the system but they have a list of plumbers to do it. Other than that, I'm satisfied with Pelican and I would recommend them.

Pelican Water

Thank you for being a loyal long time Pelican water, we are delighted that you have taken control of the water coming into your home. It must be good to know you have cleaner, safer and better tasting water coming through every faucet.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I don't trust my municipal water system worth a darn and the first filter that I took out after I got it was purple. There have been times in the late summer, during dry seasons in Oregon, that our water is different. Plus that's the peak of the tourist season so there's a lot of water use and we have purple water coming out of our tap. As I'm hard-core, I have a water distiller and I haven't drunk tap water since the 70's. I got a whole house filters because I don't want the crap on my skin either. So then, I wanted a filter in and I did a bunch of internet research. I finally figured out that Pelican Water Systems looked like they did everything I wanted for the best price. I bought a system from them a long time ago and then, periodically, I need more filters so I continue to order from them.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased you found our website easy to navigate and use, it sounds like the whole house water purification system you purchased is just what you needed to improve your water quality.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I have good water in my house but I wanted the extra protection. I went online and bought a whole house water purification from Pelican Water. It was easy navigating the website and I ordered what I wanted without issue. Everything is good including the water pressure and quality.

Pelican Water

Thanks for the review, so glad you decided to move forward with Pelican Water after you did your research. We are confident that you will enjoy the benefits of salt free water softening for many years. Apologies about the slight leak so glad we were able to resolve the issue quickly to your complete satisfaction.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

We had been planning on addressing the hard water in our house. Home Depot contacted us and they sent a person out then gave us a quote. We compared it to other systems and Pelican had a better cost. It also provided a newer approach because it's a salt-free water system-- the PSE1800 model. I installed the system myself and one of the tanks was leaking a little bit from the top. I called them and they said that the heads sometimes can come a little loose and to try tightening it. If that doesn't work, they said I could give them a callback. It was still leaking some after I tightened it so I called and they sent out a replacement. I'm very satisfied with Pelican.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased that you are happy with our filter- softener combo system and our customer service. Not having to buy bottled water anymore is a huge benefit, good for the environment and for your wallet/purse.

Regarding the install kit, some plumbers don't like it as it reduces the install time by up to a couple of hours, so they can't charge as much for their time and parts.

Hope your teapot test is still performing well!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

We were having a lot of issues with calcification and I asked someone what he uses on his house. I contacted Pelican Water Systems and the sales guy was super easy to work with. He gave me more information than I really needed. I'm in sales, and I really appreciate when a company knows how to make buying easy. They gave very clear communication on what to expect. It was a great experience, especially for a company that I've never heard of before. And being a big investment, I felt really comfortable that there's a good science behind what this thing does.

I have my own plumber to do the installation. He's never heard of the system, but it was super easy for him to install. He didn't love the home install kit for some reason, but it worked well for us. And I liked it because I didn't have to hire some specific technician to come out for the warranty. With the system installed, I no longer buy bottled water. The taste and smell are completely gone and the calcification is no joke. I decalcified my teapot, and scrubbed it all out right before the day that we got the system. I wanted to see what would happen, and it's been a full month now and there is less calcification in my pots than after I scrubbed it. I'm very happy with it. The only complaint I have is this system is huge. It's two big tanks. But it's not a bad thing. I would definitely recommend it.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased that you are happy with our filter- softener combo system and our customer service. Thanks to your Plumber for spreading the good news about Pelican Water Systems.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

A plumber told me about Pelican Water. My system has been installed and it works fine.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Since having a Pelican Water System shower filter, our water is a lot softer and nicer.

Pelican Water

Nothing says good water like quality laundry!

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

We purchased the Pelican water system for my laundry equipment and the sales consultant was good. Now, my laundry quality is good.

Pelican Water

We all agree our shower filters are the best on the market, and now available in Chrome! Don't forget to sign up for our WaterShield club where you can get extra discount on replacement filters shipped to you directly when you need them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

We purchased a Pelican shower water filter online and now I don't feel as dry when I get out of the shower and the water doesn't smell. Pelican's website was easy to use.

Resolution In Progress

Pelican Water

We are sorry that you are experiencing an unusual shower spray, we have asked one of our Technical Service Reps to contact you to see how we can help resolve the issue.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Recently, I bought a Pelican Water shower head that has a filter in it and has three settings. But, the water's already spreading out when I leave it on one. It's going beyond what it's supposed to be. It's a bad thing because when I lean over, it sprays me right in the face.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased that you are happy with our filter- softener combo system and our customer service. Sorry about the minor problem, so glad we could respond so quickly. Our Technical Support team are standing by 6 days a week, they have Sunday off to spend time with their families.

You can phone, email or live chat with them

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I bought Pelican Water's water filtration system and when I first installed it, there was a minor problem. I called them up and they told me how to fix it. It worked out perfectly, so all I can do is give them praise. I dealt with them the second time a month ago. I wanted pots that time and they came through with no damage and everything was fine. I'm absolutely happy with them.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased that you are happy with our filter- softener combo system and our customer service. Like many customers you are making the choice to move away from the old technology salt based softeners. Helping the environment and your wallet at the same time :)

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I was looking for an alternative to a salt water system about ten years ago and I found Pelican Water online. I'm very happy with their product and the quality of our water has been good since having it. I was also pleased with how customer service responded to my phone call. Recently, I purchased a new media for my charcoal filter and water softener. They were able to find my old sale easily and then they knew exactly what to send me.

Pelican Water

Love is a great word to describe your pelican water system!

Love: Definition: "An intense feeling of deep affection"

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I recently purchased the 1800 water purification filter and softener from Pelican Water and it's fabulous. The customer service reps were excellent. Their system is what they say it is. It works really well and I love it.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased that you are happy with our filter- softener combo system and our customer service. Check out our Pelican Water YouTube page they have great videos for installation and maintenance.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I bought a whole house water filtration and salt-free softener from Pelican Water Systems. I had a very helpful rep who answered my questions. The system was fairly simple to install once the plumbing was done and I have really enjoyed it so far. There were little steps with regard to the salt-free part but it worked really well. The quality of the water is great and I really like it.

Pelican Water

We agree our shower filters are great, and can remove up to 96% of the chlorine that the municipality adds to your city water. They are now available in a stunning Chrome finish and make great gifts for friends and family.

Don't forget to sign up for our WaterShield club to ensure you get your replacement shower filters delivered on time with additional savings too!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Our water had a chlorine smell and my wife was complaining about her skin itching a bit. I looked at water filters on the internet and Pelican Water's popped up, then I did more research. I ordered the shower filter online and since using the filter it is not as itchy and my wife has been saying the same thing.

Pelican Water

You are like so many of our customers who are concerned about the environment. What a great idea, solar power, tankless water heater and a Pelican Salt Free Softener. Great for the environment and your wallet!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I was on a solar tour in Tucson, and there were water as well as solar and renewable energy installations that we looked at. Somebody else on the tour struck up a conversation and they mentioned the salt-free water conditioner that Pelican Water Systems offers. I got Pelican and it’s doing its job far. I have opened up one of my electric water heaters since then and saw that the amount of scale on the heating element was much less before we had the conditioner in place. It's all good with Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I bought a showerhead filter from Pelican Water recently and the quality of the water is softer now. They also have excellent customer service.

Pelican Water

What a great review and covers the issues to consider when its time to replace that old technology salt water softener with a new Pelican Salt Free Softener. While the initial investment may be slightly higher the lifetime cost will be significantly lower - no salt bags, lower water bills, fewer maintenance charges.

And its better for the environment!

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I bought Pelican Water's two-tank system which is a combination of filtration and water conditioner. I did a lot of comparison and felt that their process was as good as a non-salt system could be. I also felt that they were honest in their claims and they had bothered to submit their systems to various outside rating and laboratories. Their product quality is excellent and it was received in a timely and intact manner. Their directions for installation, both written and on an internet video, were very good and explicit and I’m happy with it. I’m glad to be a little greener and not flushing very salinated water into our public systems which was one of my biggest reasons for choosing them. I paid a significant price hike as compared to using salt, but it’s much better for the environment and I also have much less maintenance to do.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased that you are happy with our filter - softener combo system and our customer service. The installation kit we sell is designed to help connect the pre-filter to the water filter and the salt free water softener in a quick and simple method. We are amending our installation instructions that come with the kit to ensure our customers understand the process, we have also added a new video to our Pelican Water YouTube channel that covers the installation kit.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I read quite a bit and I had my search narrowed down to Pelican Water and Aquasana, and it was the reviews that drove me to Pelican. I bought the Whole House Water Filtration softener system and we’ve been happy with it so far. However, I wish they could be a little bit clearer online about the installation kit. I purchased it and it didn’t work with my system because I have a regular PVC and theirs is for CPVC. I wasted my money on the install kit because I had to go buy stuff at a hardware store to make it work anyway.

Resolution In Progress

Pelican Water

We are sorry about your experience, our refills normally come with an instruction page on how to change out the filter. On our Pelican Water YouTube page we also have a video that shows how easy it is to change the replacement filter. Pleased to hear that you are enjoying your shower.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Nowhere in the box for the shower refill is anything about simply twisting off the part with the filtering elements and twisting a new one on. I spent the last hour dealing with removing the old shower unit, screwing off the shower wand etc. Not sure if you recommend a fresh install instead of just a filter switch. Please clarify or at least re-do your instructions to make changing filters less of an ordeal! Other than that so far my experiences with your product has been ideal.

Pelican Water

Thank you for your review, Matt is one of our most experienced Water Consultants and we are delighted to hear he helped you design your estate system. Good luck with the install and please ensure your plumber calls our technical support team if he has any questions.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

A plumber recommended Pelican Water Systems and I bought a whole house estate water purification system from them to purify water in my new house. I talked to the sales rep, Matt, who was knowledgeable and attentive to questions, emails and callbacks. My order was a big pallet full of stuff that was 1,000 pounds or so and the delivery company was excellent. The plumber and I went over to look at his measurements, so it should be installed within the next four weeks or less.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased that you are happy with our filtration system and our customer service. Nice to hear you were impressed with our product quality too.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I recently purchased filters from Pelican Water. There were good reviews on the internet about them and the quality of the items are good. I also noticed the water quality was good after the installation.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased that you are happy with our filter-softener combo system and our customer service. Thanks to your Brother-In-Law for spreading the good news about Pelican Water Systems.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My brother-in-law had his Pelican Water system put in and he recommended it to me. Now our water is 100% better compared to before.

Pelican Water Company Profile