Call toll free
4.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

625 Pelican Water Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I was looking at systems online because I wasn't really happy with my water system. I was using the RainSoft system with the salt pellets but my water tasted salty and I didn't like that. I was also still having hard water build-up on my pipes and on my spigots outside. I think the softener system wasn't working properly. One of the tanks was out and I didn't even know it. I wanted to see what else was out there and I wanted something salt-free so when I ran across Pelican, I was really excited at the thought that they didn't use salt pellets. I purchased the combo system for the whole house system and now, I don't taste the salt anymore in drinking out of the tap. When I first got the system installed, the water smelled fresher and felt cleaner. That, of course, went away but you can notice it when you first change it over. And still, I'm happy with it.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I live in Arizona, and the water out here is absolutely horrible. The water is so bad that the lady that I live with got kidney stones from it. She was in the hospital for almost a week and ended up getting stents in her kidney. So, when I got out, the first thing I did was talk to plumbers, and they all told me there was no such thing as a saltless water conditioner. I didn't give up and I kept poking around. I looked at Pelican and talked to them over the phone. They told me all about it and guaranteed that it would do the work of a water conditioner and it was the right fit. It has been wonderful. The water is as good as salt water but there's no salt and when you take a shower, your body feels cleansed. So, we’re happy with it. I have recommended it to anybody that I thought was interested.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We are in Arizona, and we had a salt-based water softener that failed. In the course of the plumber responding to the repair, he told me that it was beyond repair and he mentioned saltless systems. I researched it and me and my friend decided almost in the same day to buy a unit. We were concerned about the use of salts and its reintroduction back into the ecosystem and on our bodies. Since we had to replace our units and we didn’t know how old they were, it was a good time to research saltless systems and Pelican Water Systems came up. I did it all online and then I called as I was getting ready to place the order after reading all the reviews.

The sales rep was helpful in guiding me through the online process. I bought a water softener and it was shipped so I could do a self-install but I ended up using our plumber to put it in because we had a little bit of a tighter fit. So, we used some brass and copper to make the turns that couldn't be made with a normal flex pipe. Since then, we don’t have a slippery feeling in the shower like you would with a salt system which was fine.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My brother-in-law outside of Nashville has a Pelican System. We had moved from Ocala, Florida to Dandridge, Tennessee and we built a house here, and unfortunately, the water quality here is horrible. It’s very hard and it’s not good for anything. I thought my brother-in-law had told me about Culligan, so I called up Culligan, but it’s a salt system and I did not want it. The Culligan system is around $68,000. Then, he said that his system was called Pelican. I called Lowe’s at first to get the system, but they wanted six to eight weeks to get it and they wanted to charge me with a big tax on it, so my brother-in-law said, “Why don’t you just call Pelican direct? They have some specials on it. You can probably buy it directly.”

I called Pelican and ordered the system over the phone, and I got it within three days. I talked to one of their sales reps and he was very charismatic, very informative, and very knowledgeable. He was very kind and he helped me out. He followed up with me and called me back to make sure I received the system. He was a good salesman and he did his job well. Pelican got a good staff there. He also sent my brother-in-law a three-pack of something filters for his Pelican System, which he loved.

I got the whole house filtration system and the water softening system, so I got the two tanks and I got the small filter that goes with it also. I had a handyman do the installation of it. Pelican got a great product and it’s really nice. I let other people know about it and the people that bought my house are actually putting a system there in Florida. As far as the quality of the water, it is outstanding. There are three people in my area building houses and I had mentioned on my Facebook about Pelican's system and what success I’ve had with it and how good it is, and that it’s a saltless system. I raved about everything.

They had asked me about my system, so I forwarded them Pelican's website, so they can go on there. I think that they are putting systems in their brand-new houses. I told them to mention my name if they can when they talk to Pelican, so they would know where they got the referral from. It’s really a quality system and I am very happy with it. I’m very pro their system. It does what it’s supposed to do. I actually did a water test on it after it was installed and it was a way incredible improvement.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We recently bought a house without soft water but we prefer soft water. It was easy enough to order our Pelican Water system through the internet and it was delivered just fine. It was easy to put in and I had no problems doing it myself. The water has been better than what it was. We’re not using as much soap and the water rinses cleaner in the shower. We’re happy with our Pelican Water system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I had some issues with the water smell, and I had some rust and calcium buildup on a lot of my fixtures in the house. I was looking for a water filtration company and while I was looking online, Pelican happened to pop up. I worked with one specific guy that helped me identify some of the issues. I purchased just a sampling kit. One of the reasons was because they offered a credit for the sample. If you bought or purchased the filter system through them, they would credit you to whatever you spent on the test kit. And so, once I had the results from my test, I had a representative call me to explain to me what they saw on the sample, and it didn’t really line up as much as some of the issues I was having. And so, I took pictures of it and sent it to him, and then we discussed it again, and that’s how I ended up buying the right filter for my home.

The rep was really helpful and he spent as much time with me as I needed. I stayed on the phone with him one day for 45 minutes asking questions, trying to understand why it was best fit, if that was the only solution, and so on and so forth. I have his email as well because he helped me purchase everything. My mom lives about a mile from me and has the same issues. So, I purchased the exact same system for her and I did it through him. And then, even today, I emailed him about some issues I was having over the weekend with the smell in my water, to see if it was something I needed to adjust on the filtration side, and he very promptly emailed me back and asked questions, and helped me to resolve the issue.

I've got two different systems. Because of the level of hardness in the water, I needed a salt-based softener. So, I have a whole house softener system that I purchased from Pelican. And then, because I purchased a salt-based softener, I had to install an under the sink reverse osmosis filter for drinking water and water to cook with. That was why I purchased two different filters.

The setup and installation were fairly simple. I was able to get it done in a few hours on my own. The biggest issue I had with my water was really around my clothing. And so, that was really the driver. My faucets were a little bit frustrating, but it was something I was able to live with without it being a huge ordeal. But what happened when I washed my clothes, because of the hardness of the water, it was like the soap wouldn’t penetrate the water and clean my clothes. So, the instant I would sweat, my clothes would get a very sour smell. Since I've had my Pelican system, my clothes smell clean, and it's a drastic difference. It's much better. I would definitely recommend Pelican.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I used Pelican Water Systems in my other home that I had built and I put the system in myself, which was very easy to do if the house built is all plumbed in for a water softener. My water softener is one that you don’t have to add anything to it. It's a closed system and I have a pre-filter on the system as well as the charcoal filter. In my current home, I put the system in and I just recharged the charcoal filter after around five years, and it was around 250 bucks. I'm quite pleased with the system. It was very easy to do, to maintain and to plumb into my home system. If you're somewhat handy and you're not afraid to get into it, then you could do it yourself.

The representatives from Pelican were very easy to deal with. I had questions in regards to the white residue. With the water softener, you're gonna have a white residue with a salt added to and I had white residue, which is what is in the water softener to make the water soft. It is not harmful to the body. You just got to scrub it off in the shower and that would be the only downfall I see with the system. I also had other water softeners, just like three homes ago that used salt pellets, and we were constantly putting salt pellets in there, but then we were constantly putting salt in our body too, and I didn’t like that aspect of it, so I went to Pelican Water. It is a charcoal filter plus water softener that I have. I change the pre-filter quarterly because I just got to do it.

I hooked the charcoal system up and I didn’t have to worry about it, and that's the convenience of it. And when I recharged the charcoal filter after five years, what I took out and what I put in looked the same and I could have gone longer. The only thing that I touch is the pre-filter and I change it depending on the water that we are getting into our main system or coming into our house. We are not storing on a monthly basis and buying salt pellets to do our water softener. It's within the system and it lasts forever. I don’t have to recharge. It's there and it's amazing.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I heard that there is good and bad fluoride added to the water and that there is a lot of both put in the water from the units of both sides just to clean it. So, I wanted to get a product that would remove some of the fluoride and Pelican has a whole home system as well as the fluoride remover. I tried their home water purifying system at home and I had it hooked up about five years ago. Pelican just filled the supplies but they did not do any of the installation or the service. I did everything through their website and it was self-explanatory. It was easy to use and they promptly got the product out to me. They are very good. People are looking for better water and that there would be a lot of people that would be actually doing the service end of it, but Pelican made it easy and it is a very simple system. They encouraged people to do it themselves and there was not much work with me contacting the reps and I would have called if I had any issues.

I was really happy with the quality of water at first when I moved into my place. It improved a great deal and after having it for a couple of years, I purchased the replacement media and did it myself because I couldn’t find a plumber who knew how to reset the system. I followed their online videos and did a DIY. It worked out great and now, it's up and running again and it's fantastic. I've tested my water before and after and now, I have water that’s the highest quality. It's better than all of the bottled waters.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Our neighborhood did well testing and found that most of the wells in our area are contaminated with bacteria. I discussed my water quality concerns with the Pelican consultant and he recommended a system after sending him my water report. He was very helpful, responsive, and he got back to me right away. I bought an in-house full house water system. It has a pre-filter, a carbon filter, a non-salt conditioner, and then a UV filter. I also bought a reverse osmosis unit for my kitchen tap. I installed the system myself after watching it on YouTube. And since having the system, the water is easier on the skin. It also has a crisper taste to it. In addition, all of our appliances seem to be running better with the calcification coming out of them. The Pelican system is good stuff. The price is good and I couldn't believe how quickly it got here as well.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My water was leaving a lot of white residue behind and using the chemical wasn't good for us. I bought a showerhead from Pelican Water System and installed it. Thus far, my wife has said that her hair seems to feel a little softer. Also our water doesn't leave white residue on the showerhead.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We wanted our home water to be pure so we looked at water treatment systems. I saw the Pelican System on Lowe’s website. And I went to Lowe’s to inquire about it. They were gonna sell me a salt-based system where I had to put a lot of salt in the tank. I didn’t know too much about Pelican and so I called Pelican directly, and that’s when I got way more information that was really helpful. The salesman was very helpful and responsive. I ended up purchasing the demineralization system and the water purifier system. So far, my clothes feel much cleaner when I'm washing them. And although I still have some black moldy-looking stuff coming through, it turned out to be removable with demineralized water and a brush. Overall, I'm very happy with Pelican.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I was on a trip where I met a friend of a friend whose house was for sale. We looked at it and he had a Pelican Water system in his basement. He told us all about it and that they haven't experienced any bad problems once they installed it. We began researching about getting a water treatment system since we were planning to relocate to our current residence and the water is known to be less than desirable there. When I discussed my concerns with the Pelican sales consultant, I did it online.

Since I knew that I needed an entire house system for a two-story house, we bought the system a whole year in advance before we installed it. And then, a short time after we've installed it, we got the UV system added and it's been doing great ever since. Other than that, we added a 16-inch piping system that switches back and forth up to the surface line. That acts as the heat sink and there’s no leak to it as well. We have recommended Pelican several times. In fact, the person that we recommended it to bought one.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We had some contamination and we also had a very high level of minerals. My plumber told me about Pelican Water Systems and how it would treat our water and get rid of the problems we were having. I consulted with Pelican online. I sent them my water analysis through email. They looked at it and told me what I needed. Thereafter, I bought a water system from them online and it was very easy to do. I installed it myself and though there were some things that made mine maybe a little bit more difficult, but they helped me out with it online. Having the system has affected our water immensely.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The system in the house we bought had Pelican Water brand of filter. I ended up buying some replacement filters through them. When I went onto the website, it was easy to figure out exactly the right filter. There were a lot of different combinations. I bought a set of them with the right O-ring. I was able to find it, order it, and no problem. I put in the pre-filter into the water system. The old one that came out was dirty, the new one that went in was clean, and I haven't looked at it since I put it in. But everything's been good so far with it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Pelican is a good company and their water filter is fine. I had concerns with the water and I purchased the product online. Everybody was good to deal with. They did what they said they were gonna do and everything arrived on time. I had a plumber do the installation and everything does good now. The water seems to be fine so the product filtered out what it said it was supposed to filter out. The water tastes different so everything's good.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was tired of putting money into my salt soft water system. Every year, I had to pay somebody to come. And I had the RO system. I’m a health nut and I don’t drink dead water. And so, the more I researched, the more I realized I’d like the soft water but I didn’t want salt anymore. So, I started doing research, and I found Pelican. I found that Home Depot carried them, which made me feel really comfortable with the name. So, I went with the top system they had, and it covered all my bases. I got a house filter, a salt-free soft tank, the UV filter, and a prefilter.

The people at Pelican were incredible. They told me that I should probably think about buying the installation kit that came with all the stainless steel piping, and that really made the job so much easier. Plus, they made suggestions like using SharkBite instead of trying to solder everything. I put it in myself. And then while I was involved in it, I had a few problems. And I called them, and they walked me through the whole thing.

Since having our system installed, I don’t feel slimy anymore like I used to with saltwater. Overall, everything that I’ve found that I’ve noticed different are positive. I’m still getting the same kind of lather from my soaps. It works good in the kitchen, like in drain kit. I don’t have to have special under the sink stuff. I don’t have to replace the UV once a year, and I won’t have to worry about the major tank for five or six years. I don’t have the annual $150 worth of filters, too. It changed my whole water life.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I rent a condo in Palm Springs and the water is always an issue. I ordered the Pelican system online the first time and it was very simple. It was also here in Palm Springs on the third day and this came from Florida. Then my handyman friend installed it for me. It took five minutes and was a piece of cake. The Pelican system I have is for my showerhead and my shower, and I’ve noticed the difference with my skin and my hair. I liked the system so well. I kept telling my friends about it. I was getting another system and because I was ordering it for someone else, I felt it was easier to call the company and it worked out well. I talked to two different individuals and they were both extremely helpful. I jokingly said I should be working for Pelican and they said that since I sold more of the system, I could get some sound money for it.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was doing research through the internet on whole house water softeners and filtration systems for the house here in Florida because the water quality is bad and we were concerned with the hardness of the water and the smell and taste of it. Pelican Water Systems ended up as one of the choices. The rep said that they have a two-tank system where the first tank takes out the chemicals out of the water and the second one puts the water through the softener. So, the softener is to unbind the chemicals with the molecules in the water so that the hardness is taken away.

The sales guy said that the installation was something that I could do myself. However, since you're tying it into the main that comes into the house, that was not something that I could do easily. So, I had to have it professionally done and it cost me more than I thought. If anything is a downside to having a whole house system put in, it's the cost of the plumbing.

We’re seasonal in Florida and the rep said that the system should be good for six years but they should have indicators on their tanks as to when the media needs to be changed rather than using a simple time scale. I looked at their competitor, Aquasana, which was half the cost but you need to change the first primary filter every 12 months months. Pelican is a little costlier but I got mine on a god deal and I would recommend other people to go with Pelican if they were not as price-conscious. Also, you don’t need to flush the Pelican system which is great. Since having it, there is some difference in the softness of the water and we are now confident to rinse vegetables and food as well as cook with the water. The water quality has been improved and it was a good investment for us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We bought a whole house salt-free softener and filtration system back in May 2018. It was supposed to help remove any bacteria, along with reducing any scaling in our water. By August, we were still seeing scaling on pots & pans, along with scaling on the toilets. I contacted Pelican, only to be told that it was normal for it to "take a while" to start reducing the scaling.

Another few months went by with no change. I sent more emails and was ignored for a while. Then, Patrick with Pelican replied to tell me that I should consider an R/O unit for our kitchen sink. And, that the only way to reduce scaling on the toilets was to get a salt-based softener. Which would work also for the dishwasher, as the R/O unit would not work. I asked what it would cost to swap the existing unit out with a salt-based softener and after a few weeks, finally got a reply of $1499.00. I have already spent nearly $3000 for the original units and this is ridiculous with them wanting me to spend another $1500 to get what we originally asked for. I am ready to toss the entire units out and call Culligan or another company to get a unit that works.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review, we understand that we have now contacted and are currently in the process of resolving the issue you had. Thank you for your patience with us and for continuing to provide us with the feedback we need to be a better Company every day.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

All local water treatment companies in my area don’t know what they’re doing. I researched the internet and Pelican was not necessarily the best in the industry, but it’s up there in the top 15%. Their overall performance, specifications, reviews, and listening as to what’s the best in the industry was what me choose them. Since switching to Pelican, the quality of water has been better all around. First off, I didn’t wanna use salt for water softening. The taste of the water is much better.

I've been with the company since 2009 and there have been a couple of negatives I experienced, the biggest one being that my pH neutralizer unit was shipped with essentially nothing but sand in the container, instead of being parts of only 1/3 sand at the bottom and then 2/3 calcite at the top. But I called and I showed them what I had. I took the sample, took a picture, sent that out, and they immediately gave me special instructions. They sent me five bags of calcite which would last me about 15 years so ever since then, it has been working fine.

I hope they make sure that the documentation is explicitly correct. There are some holes here and there and those kinds of holes typically arise because of having multiple people doing documentation and sometimes, one hand doesn’t know what the other hand is doing. Basically, it's to standardize the quality of the documentation a little bit better. But then, Pelican is one of the better systems out there for the cost. You can pay three times as much and get some improvement.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I bought a new house and I knew I wanted a whole house system. I did not want to do a water softener filter system, so I was looking for something very easy to operate. I’ve been very happy with Pelican. We’ve had it four months already and it seems to be working just great. I don’t have any calcium build-up and the soap scum, and the water quality tastes good. So, I’m a happy camper. The representatives have always been wonderful and very helpful. What they told me they would do, they did and within the timeframe of doing it. They answered questions quickly and professionally. I needed some help finding out how to have it installed. They had a list of plumbers, and the plumber I picked from that list was phenomenal, the golden rule of plumbing. I recommend Pelican to everybody I can. Buy one, it is a good deal.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

We have pretty hard water in this area and people have had just the regular salt water softeners and they're tired of hauling salts. I've had a kidney transplant and I'm not supposed to drink tap water, so we were having to haul bottled water all the time and it was becoming an expensive chore. I was researching water conditioning systems on the internet and Pelican was one of the systems that were most talked about. The Pelican reps were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area, and they knew what they were talking about.

I purchased the whole house system with the filtering, conditioning and the ultraviolet. I had it installed by a plumber that Pelican recommended and they were excellent. I also had them do a couple of other projects, including installing a new water heater, at the same time. They were two guys and they were here all day. We live in a mobile home and they had to run piping through a wall from our outside service. It was a fairly complicated plumbing routing, but they really took their time and did it right. We are really happy with the installation and I'm glad we did it.

The Pelican system seems to do as advertised and now the water tastes great. We really notice the difference in our hair when we shower, and the dishwasher doesn’t get all gritty like it used to. We surely save by not having to go to the store every couple of weeks and fill the trunk up with lots of bottled water. In addition, the shower, the sink and the dishwasher are not getting caked with minerals anymore. Our experience with Pelican has been very good and I've recommended them to people.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Our plumber recommended Pelican. They wanted to purify the water coming into the house and we got a saltless system for drinking water. The water is much cleaner now.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have always had the type of salt-water system wherein I add salt. With the Pelican Water System, I don’t have to add salt. You just have to change out the filters every five years. So this is a lot easier. When I bought the system from Pelican Water online, I already did all the research so I knew exactly what I wanted. I got a reverse osmosis system which I installed myself. Other than that, when a filter had cracked, they sent me a brand new one. We live on a small island in Hawaii where our water system is hard and it got a lot of stuff in it. I got a pH meter so I can check the water and their system really filters out the particles. Pelican is a very good company. I would highly recommend them. In fact, if mine ever gets broken, I'd buy another one from Pelican.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

With the water at my house being so hard you have to cut it with a hacksaw, I looked for a filter system on the internet and found Pelican. I called the company and talked to a salesperson who explained all the details for it, and I was convinced that that was what I needed. Now, the whole system is working really well and the quality of my water is much different, big time.

Before I got the water system, my faucets were clogging up all the time with the crystallized calcium. I was having to replace faucets every year. I have one of those tanks with water heaters that crystallizes the calcium, which then flows down through the pipes and clogs all the sinks. With the Pelican system now, it traps and then catch them all. I just had to change the filters a week or two ago and I dumped at least two cups of crystallized calcium out of the filter. Recently, however, I had an issue with a filter missing an O-ring, so I had leakage. I called up their customer service and they sent one right out, and there was no charge for it. They've been really helpful and did an excellent job. I was very pleased with it. And so, I've been talking to all my neighbors about Pelican.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

However as IBM mainframe salespeople said years ago; "No one was ever sorry they bought the best there is." We purchased this house (2 miles west of Crescent Beach, FL) in June of 2014 and had been struggling with our well water since then. The house sits on a cypress knoll atop a perched water table. As such well water is abundant and we only have to lift it 12 to 14 feet, however it is rich in tannin, minerals, dissolved iron and iron oxidizing bacteria; surprisingly it does not reek of sulfur dioxide. -- i.e. it is pretty much the typical shallow well water one sees in N.E. Florida.

The previous owners had installed a potassium permanganate point-of-entry system (PPPOES) and a typical salt-based softener -- both of which had seen better days, with blue-green crap all over the garage floor from the leaking in all directions PPPOES. We replaced the softener and installed an Iron Breaker system in the line from the well before the softener. These took care of the minerals and for a while the iron issues, the tannin remained. But after 3 years the Iron Breaker was breaking down, despite its claimed (when we bought it) 10-15 year life.

So, last October I set out to find an alternative. The two big players here are Culligan and Pelican -- I called both for a "free in-home consultation". The Culligan salesperson lived up fully to what I had expected from a housecall water treatment system salesman (he must have previously worked for Kirby or Electrolux); he knew a lot about selling the system, but very little else. His "testing" was performed with a simple dip-stick kit like the numerous ones I have stacked up in the garage, and his final suggestion was a 20" cartridge carbon filter, a potassium permanganate injection system and a new salt-based softener.

OTH the fellow from Pelican (John) impressed myself (a retired ME -- BSME MIT '69) and my wife with his knowledge of both their equipment and how it worked. He tested our water with a digital field testing system and sent samples to Pelican's lab for additional testing and confirmation. John returned a week later, explained the test results, presented and explained in detail their proposed system and how it would all work together to provide clean usable water. Proceeding was an easy decision.

A week later (third-week November) it (a Pelican WF4/PT3 system) was installed; a 5 micron polyester filter to start things off, Followed by a chlorine injector to kill the iron reducing and other bacteria, Next is an iron & manganese greensand filter and a whole house carbon filter with a 600,000 gallon service life (5 years at 300 gallons/day!) -- these are installed in the pump house, in the garage is the PT3 salt-based tannin filter/softener.

The water is crystal clear, equally as good as bottled and much better than the filtered city water you get from the machines outside the grocery stores. We have had a recurrent issue though (Pelican has been right on it though, so it has just an issue, NOT a problem). A couple and a half weeks after installation my wife commented that the pressure in the shower was reduced. I too had noticed this a week or so earlier but left it to the system "settling in". But responding to SWMBO's words and investigating I found that the flow meter in the PT3 control head was no longer functioning (The PT3 control head displays current flow in gpm). The flow meter consists of a small water flow driven turbine wheel in a venturi in the control head's outlet. It had apparently jammed and as the automatic regeneration cycle of the PT3 is triggered by accumulated flow this meant it would never regenerate on its own.

Pelican responded immediately, overnight shipping a new control head and arranging to have it installed the next day. This was done, and inspection proved that indeed the turbine wheel was jammed though we could not determined by what other than that it was a very small something (the clearance between the turbine and venturi is quite precise).

Unfortunately 92 gallons later it jammed again. Pelican sent their top technician the next day; sure enough the turbine was jammed, but once again we could not determine by what. He speculated that perhaps a manufacturing defect had resulted in the filter tank down-tube's lower strainer being damaged allowing media into the stream and recommended that a new tank be installed. This was the Friday before Christmas. On Wednesday we received a new tank, and their tech came yesterday (New Year's Eve day) to install it. Having had company we have now used over 400 gallons of water and it appears all will be well in the new year. KUDOS to Pelican and their support team -- I find myself not at all sorry I bought the best there is! SWMBO=She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We had hard water. Our clothes stunk when we washed them, it dried out my wife's hair and it caused calcium build-up on all my ground fixtures. My brother-in-law who owns a winery said that Pelican was the best in making pure water, taking out all the harsh chemicals, making skin and hair softer, and good on the clothes.

Working with their reps was excellent. They answered every question I had, told me what system would be best for me, how much the filters were, gave me the numbers of those I can contact with if I have any problems and they were 100% helpful. Pelican gave me a heck of a discount. Since we've had Pelican Water Systems, all of the calcium had gone out of our water. Clothes come out cleaner, they smell good and my wife is not complaining about her hair being dry. The water tastes good and we're 100% impressed with it. This is one product that nobody lied about. It exceeded what it says it would do and I've been telling all my neighbors about them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I asked Pelican's Rep to select right system for my house and it was PSE2000. I had it installed by a plumber that recommended by Pelican in Oct17. Since then, I have replaced the filter once because there was some white spots residues in our water. I did email Pelican and was told that it is just minerals. Then recently my wife told me that our 4 toilets' bowl have black rings. When I opened the toilet tanks, I can see all kind of black residues. We didn't have this problem for the last 3 years living in this house and the house is about 13 years old. It is a nice house therefore I don't think there is any plumbing issue. My wife cleaned the toilets every week. I emailed Pelican's technician earlier this week and waiting for a reply.

I have read ConsumerAffairs' forum about Pelican and wanted to ask any customers to share experience similar to my problem so that I can somehow fix this. I paid $4K for this system and overall it is ok but just these white/black spots that decrease my experience with Pelican system. I don't know my iron tank flush correctly or not and don't know even how to figure this out. I see water on the street curb. I may search Google or YouTube for this. Appreciate someone from Pelican to contact me and help me with this problem. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We purchase the PSE2000 system back in may of 2018. As we was building our home. We have been in the home now for 3 1/2 month and the water is not soft and we have hard water mark and scale build up on the pumping fixtures. I was on the email texting a guy. He made it sound like I was dumb**. First off I would not recommend the system I paid almost 5000.00. I have a system on my old home and it work better than this one. And it was salt, was trying to get away from salt. There are system out there that work the same way and cost a lot less.

Resolution response: Nov. 9, 2018

I received a call from Frank at Pelican water, and all have been resolved, we found that the problem with the fittings was with my plumber as these are standard 1-inch fittings, also the smell has dissipated and was probably the pipe dope used to seal the fittings, as for the referral monies they have made that right and are looking into ways to make that process more streamlined, I was really happy that they called and did everything they could to understand the issues and resolve them, this is a company that really believes in their product and really cares about their customers, it is very rare that I do a complete 180 like this but I feel they went above and beyond to help me, if you buy a water system from them and have any issues I assure you they are going to get right. GREAT COMPANY.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I was very excited to get good clean water on my property, installing was a big problem as the fittings are just not something that most places carry so it was an extra four days, now that it's all installed my water has a very sicking smell to it and just not sure why possibly because it's a new system, who knows as I am hopeful it goes away quick. Also there is no reason or to refer anyone as I did and a friend bought the system and I was unable to enter them into the app they have and even after confirming with my rep that it was my referral there is not check in my mailbox, which is too bad as I have a lot of people in this area that need a system. I guess I will help them find another solution.

Pelican Water Systems expert review by Greg Chick

Pelican Water Systems is a salt free water treatment system company that was founded in 2007. The company, headquartered in Deland, Florida, specializes in filtration more than softening, although they do both. They are well known for creating drinking water that tastes fresh and clean.

• Eco-friendly: The company is run with a focus on the environment and sustainability, and they are a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.

• Whole home systems: Pelican Water sells whole home systems to filter or soften the water that comes to every tap or faucet of a house.

• DIY installation: The systems sold by Pelican require only simple, DIY installation, which is a budget-friendly option. Professionals from the company can also install the systems.

• Free shipping: The company promises free shipping for all of their treatment systems and products.

• Community giving: Pelican Water Systems gives back to organizations in their community, and they support organizations including American Cancer Society and International Bird Rescue.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Pelican Water Company Information