4.83/5
Based on 331 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: March 23, 2018

488 Pelican Water Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 23, 2018

We did extensive research prior to purchasing our Pelican Water system. We had been through 3 systems with a local company and wanted to go with something better. The fact that it advertised it filtered so well & would be less wear and tear on our appliances was important. Unfortunately, we continue to see scale build up which isn't good for household items. My husband does all the routine maintenance every month. We encountered an issue relatively new into the system and were surprised when we called it wasn't under the warranty. However, Pelican did send the part at no charge.

It was very difficult to install (and my husband is handy) - wouldn't recommend self-installing. Pelican has always been amazing with service and help when we've called. Disappointed in the quality of the water - which we do not drink. I'm not sure what we'll do when this one goes but I'm sure we won't go with another Pelican. It's been 6 years, so we are wondering how much longer it will last and if it's worth replacing the carbon filtering part as recommended.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 2, 2018

The house we were purchasing had well-water and I was trying to find the best filter for it. I did a Google search and found Pelican Water Systems. I placed an order for a spin-down filter, a pre-filter, a chlorine injector, iron and manganese filter, the carbon filter, the salt-free softener, and the UV sterilizer. Their website was awesome and very easy to navigate. The quality of their products is phenomenal and I’ve referred about three people to them.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I was having some work done in my kitchen and bathroom. I have really hard water here and I was disgusted with it. My sister-in-law has this system where she has to buy the salt and put it in all time, and I didn't to deal with that. So I went to Pelican and they were very kind and informative. The young man that was working for me did most of the talking with Pelican and he just explained to me what was going on and what to expect. And then I just talked to him when I wanted to know how often I had to buy the filters and when and how to go about it. The Pelican water system softens the water for the washing machine, the refrigerator, the kitchen, the dishwasher and the kitchen sink. When I had my bathroom work done, I got the new shower doors that are just clear glass. I've noticed that I don’t have the hard water spots like I used to.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

We had a water softener that finally went bad and we have city water which has some type of trihalomethanes in it. And the city is not doing anything about it. It comes from rotting leaves and also, we have a lot of coal mines here that drain into the water. My wife did some research on Pelican Water Systems on the internet and I read up on it and decided to go with it. I originally just got the carbon filter. And then I discovered the water wasn't softening, so I got the softening tank for it. I'm pleased with it. I also got a cartridge that filters first.

Originally, I ordered straight off the internet. But when I got the water softener part of it, I talked to a gentleman over the phone. He was really nice and helpful and set me up. I and my son installed the equipment, and it wasn't bad. I wasn't accustomed using PEX, my son and I use PEX and SharkBite fittings and they worked well. It had no soldering so it was nice. Pelican's website was good. I ordered some bunch of those filters that got to be changed every nine months, and I've had no problems negotiating the site. Pelican is needed nowadays because of the way the water is. They're doing a good job and I told some people to give them a shot. I'm sure they'll get some out of it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

The water in the town that I live in is not the best and we were spending a ton of money on water pitcher filters. I got tired of spending so much money on that and I figured to spend the money one time so I purchased a Pelican Water system. Their reps were good. They answered all my questions right away. I told them what kind of system I wanted and they agreed with the size I picked. We got it all ordered right on the spot and installed it myself. The water has a better taste to it now, less odor, less chlorinated, and more clear.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I bought a brand-new house, and it didn’t have a system in it. And with the water system here, I started itching for some reason. I assumed it was the water, and I was going with a water softener first, but the plumber taught me into getting both the water softener and the filtration system too. There was a lot of information in Pelican Water's website and decided to got with the salt-free combo system. It helps the environment and gets the water squeaky clean. I don't itch anymore and my clothes are a lot cleaner too. The water would also smell like a rotten egg before, so the rep gave me a charcoal filtered system and the smell is absolutely gone. I originally did not get the combo system, but they adjusted the whole thing and gave me the combo system with the charcoal filtered system, which I highly appreciated. It saved me a lot of money. I highly recommend Pelican Water.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

We had hard water so I looked online and I liked the concept of Pelican Water Systems. I looked at the reviews and thought maybe I might be taking a risk buying it, but it turned out to be everything they said it was. I bought online one of their water systems for hard water and it works beautifully. It was worth $1,200 and I got it installed for the entire home. Our water used to get calcium buildup on everything and that's eliminated now. There's still calcium in the water and the system doesn't get rid of it but it ionizes it so it doesn’t stick. Also, Pelican Water's website is awesome. I have a whole house filter system and I buy the replacement filters from them. And their guys do a good job. I show our water system to everybody who comes in our house and tell them where I got it.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that you are happy with your Pelican System and now your calcium build-up has been eliminated. Also, we are pleased to hear that you found our website easy to use and our Water Consultants helpful. Thanks for recommending Pelican to your family and friends.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I Googled for filters and found out about Pelican. I got a six-stage PRO-RO and I use it all my life. I don’t really like tap water -- I try not to drink it if possible. So, now I moved to an apartment and it is cheaper to have filtered water than to buy water. It was, however, just a little difficult for the maintenance guy to install it. He said the instructions were not very clear to him. I also emailed the customer service just to clear something out and they answered my questions. Right now it is working and I like it. The website is also good. The instructions, nevertheless, should be improved, like make more with pictures, because they have little texts and the system is difficult.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you were happy with the service our support team gave you, they are trained to understand water quality problems and then work with clients to recommend a system that best meets your needs. We always strive to improve all aspects from service to manuals and will look into the feedback. Please keep in mind our YouTube channel has a lot of helpful installation videos, which help tremendously. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I live in Ontario, Canada and I had some water treatment issues with iron. I was trying to figure out what I could do and I didn't want to drill a well at that time. Pelican Water was straightforward with everything they have and they don't try to sell anything that you don't need. Their consultant was pretty knowledgeable, and I didn't have to go anywhere else for answers. Their website was pretty straightforward as well. I just researched one category for iron magnesium filter and I found the whole house water system. I purchased the whole system right away. The water quality is great since having the system. The iron magnesium is down and it's reasonably managed.

Pelican Water response
Thank you for your feedback, doing research on the best system to treat well water is definitely worth your time and effort. At Pelican we have a large portfolio of products that can address many problems relating to color, taste and odor found in well water. We even provide a rapid 12 water test that is available across the USA.

So glad to hear your water is now great with your Pelican system.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

They really backflushed our city water and it had been really yellow for quite some time. Even when it cleared up, it had a very pungent chlorine smell, it was like drinking bleached water. We ordered the under-the-counter filter system online from Pelican Water Systems. It took a week for it to arrive and I installed it myself. It was easy and very simple. Moreover, it had very good instructions with it. The water tastes better now. It is a lot crisper and I could not taste any chlorine at all. I would definitely recommend Pelican Water Systems.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that the water tastes better now and is a lot crisper. Thank you for your review, excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day. We are pleased to hear that the installation was easy and very simple. Thanks for recommending Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I bought a house in Tennessee and it's on a well system so I wanted peace of mind. I read about water treatment system and Pelican Water's website was definitive to the different stages and what it could do. I told them I needed a well system and then it asked how many bedrooms and baths we have and so, I based my decision off of that. The website was very informative and the way it was designed made it easy to make a decision for someone who did not know anything about whole home water systems.

I got the PSE 1800. It's a two-tank system which has the salt-free system and UV filter so I feel safer about drinking the water. And the water feels clean and soft. The instructions that came with the system were very easy to read as I hooked it up myself. I also liked the ease of use of the system, the overall cost and that I didn't have to backwash my systems. It was a great experience and things worked out perfectly. I'm more than happy with Pelican Water.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter/Softener Combo with UV). So glad to hear that now your water feels clean and soft. You may want to consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement UV filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Somebody told me about Pelican so I looked at their website. I saw the cost and ordered the entire component for the water filtering system. The sales consultant that I spoke with was excellent, too. Initially, I wanted the combination softener and filter. Unfortunately, Pelican didn’t have a softener equipment that went with the filtering system I bought from them. Other than that, it's a good system and people should use it.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that you are happy with the Pelican System and the customer service you received was excellent. Our Water Specialists are trained to understand water quality problems and then work with clients to recommend a system that best meets your needs. Ensuring you keep your pre-filters clean seems to be key to ensuring your water quality is maintained, please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I realized the water hardness at home and I did some research on a treatment system. There was a lot of options on Pelican Water's website and I found that what they recommended would be the right solution for me because of the price and the solution itself. I found really easy what I wanted and then I called them. Then, the guy gave me a quotation by mail pretty fast. The sales consultant was good and fast. He was also confident, helpful, and guided me to an installation company. I bought a salt-free home water system, one for hardness and one for the rest of chlorine and some. The costs are okay and the quality is good. With the concern on hardness, I cannot feel any difference because the water is more like the same. But I believe it’s less and I had some chlorine ordered in it and this is on.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

The sales rep from Pelican Water described good form of information. He explained the systems and made sure I was going in the right direction. I already have a reverse osmosis and another house system before and I just needed to replace one of the existing systems. I ended up purchasing the two tanks salt-free system from Pelican Water and it's a good system. Their website was easy to manage and to walk through. And I got good information from the website as well.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter/Softener Combo). You may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement sediment filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Pelican was Very good. The unit was already installed in the house that I bought. I needed to replace the filter so I spoke to the sales consultant. He was very nice and he helped me out. I’ve been told the people that use those Brita filters have to replace them weekly here. The water in this city comes out of the tap and it is light brown. A lot of times it smells like sulfur, so it is not a good water source. With the water filtration system the water comes out clear, so I’m really happy. I just wish they had installed it before the washing machine but they did not. Nevertheless, their people are wonderful. I went to their site when I wanted to talk to somebody about some questions and they were very helpful. I was going to do it online but going in just seemed easier. Go ahead and get it in this town.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear you are happy and the water now comes out clear. Please keep in mind we have systems that can address the sulfur issue as well. Sometimes, sulfur odor can come from an aging anode rod in the water heater. One way to tell if the sulfur smell is emitting from the anode rod, is if its on the hot water side only. If so, then you could replace the anode rod. However, if the odor is from both hot/cold water then you need to address it with one of our Sulfur Removal Systems.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Pelican Water Systems are great and they have great products. I talked to one of their filter reps who has been very nice. He answered my questions and also guided me. We have bad water and so I got the PC600 which I ordered online. I hired a very good plumber to install it and the installation went fine. We love the Pelican product and we’re very happy with it.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I've used Pelican before but I sold our house and the new owners wanted the system so I couldn't take it. We had drinkable, wonderful tasting water, and I stopped buying any bottled water. It was also scummy build-up and hard water safe. I love their original system and I was so impressed that I had to buy another one. Their sales reps were courteous and professional. They were very accommodating and they matched a discount that they were no longer running just because I was a repeat customer. We did it all through the chat section of Pelican's website, and everything was clear and simple. I ended up getting the salt-free water softener and the whole house filtration. I haven't installed it yet because we're renovating the house that we purchased. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We've had our Pelican water system for a lot of years. And we always order filters from them. They ship it and we get it. It seems like a fair price and everything is hunky-dory. I keep track of it if we need new filters and I just tell Glen if we need to reorder. He either calls them or orders it online. But he does it more online in the last couple of years.

We live in the Pacific Northwest and we have good water to begin with. But I've got several applications for the water system because I've got three rental houses that are on it, and then ours and our daughter's. That's why we ordered so many filters. Three are on wells and two is on a fresh water spring to filter out gravel and fine filth that comes up in the well. We live on a lake that is a reservoir, and when that runoff is coming, the filters get the mud in it and you can see it.

Before we have the filters, we thought our water was crystal clear. but we noticed our toilet valve would clog up. My coffee pot, I seem to need to put the process through it sooner. When I got the filter, it filters out all the fine stuff that it doesn't clog the little valves and the coffee filter. I've got the old kind that you can't see into the filter what's going on into the unit. I just change mine out every three months no matter what. That's the cycle we do. Some of them would go six months in the summer, when it dries out and there's not much going on. It's hard to see in that white light stuff unless it's brown in there. It's dirt coming through. Especially on the spring, you can see the dirt coming down through. We're very pleased with Pelican. They do what they're supposed to do. We're very satisfied and we would recommend it.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear you are pleased and satisfied with your Pelican System. Thanks for being a long time Pelican customer and for your review. We appreciate you recommending Pelican.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have softener and filtration system in my primary residence. I also got a Pelican water system for my second home because of the ease of having it and I don't have to salt put in it all the time. The carbon filters last five years and I can get rinsable pre-filters and the softening was on a lifetime warranty, and I never had to mess with the carpet again. I initially contacted Pelican Water online and Michael responded back to me within five minutes. We chatted back and forth, and he answered several questions and then I asked him for more information. He told he can call me the next day, which he called me back first thing in the morning. I also did a little more research and checked for reviews online, and by the time we got down to speak and it was guaranteed of my satisfaction for a period of time, I told him I will sign up with them.

Michael took his time and his responsiveness was very good. He was well-spoken and trained. He could answer all of my questions and he also did the follow-up. It was a really great sales call. I also like that Pelican is a US made company. The system I got is actually two big free carbon canisters, which came with a sediment filter and then a big carbon filter steel thing. I got the full system, except the UV system. The installation was very straightforward and simple to accomplish.

I have the salt type system and a very large carbon filter in my primary home. But the filter had to be changed every 10 to 12 months. The water softener works as good as we think it would. And we'll just put another one of those no salt system and a little maintenance when the house is blown up. Our water is from a well and it has a little bit of sediments. So it's nice to have a nice quality sedimentation filter on ahead of it, and the very large capacity carbon filter to clean it up and take out some of the nastiness. It makes my life simple in every level. Overall, it was a very, very good experience. I’m very impressed with their website and their follow-up.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I got three canisters for the whole house. Pelican Water Systems told me what the price was and what they figured the system would cost to be installed. Their sales consultants were detailed, and very good at explaining what the system was and what it did. The water up here is full of sediment, and the system balanced the sediment from the water basin.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the review. We do pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have Pelican Water Systems out in Burrell, New Mexico and the filter always turns deep orange-ish-brown. I try to change the filter once a year. The water tastes great. The architect said I have instant on hot water with gas and he said that those are very sensitive systems. That's why I needed the water filter and the system is working fine so the filter is doing its job. I'm now in New York State and I have recommended it. A lot of people here have water softener that adds salt to the water. You can taste the salt and I'm sure it's bad for their blood pressure too. Pelican Water Systems is much better. It works really well.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

The water where I live was horrendous. We got beads and stuff coming out and it tastes and smells funny, and my plumber recommended Pelican Water Systems to us. However, their sales consultant was mediocre. He didn’t go into a lot of detail with me and I need details about the product. I base my expertise to find experts on what I need but the guy was abrupt, it was just too much. He has to realize that there are customers who may not understand what Coverage A is versus Coverage C. He needs to professionally represent who he's representing and go through the whole thing. If you perceive the customer as stupid, you're going to treat them like they're stupid and you can't do that. That's not the right way to do it. if it was me, I could lose my license if I do that but this guy didn’t lose anything and he's still there.

Nonetheless, I love my Pelican and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I did the whole house filter, four to six bathrooms. It was four grand and then another thousand for installation. So, I spent around five grand on it and it's the best five grand I've spent in my house. I take a bath and I feel clean and I can now drink the water out of the tap. If I mix it with my coffee, it now tastes so much better. It is the most amazing water I've ever had. You'll never drink SmartWater again. The fact that there's no electricity to deal with, I don’t know how they did it. You turn it on and it just works. I tell my friends that it's the best water they'll ever have in their life.

I'd recommend Pelican Water in a heartbeat. I'd just tell others not to deal with the reps. They need to be a little nicer. The product is what sells, not the people and that's sad because it's usually the other way around. If I didn’t have my neighbor own one and I taste his first, I'd probably not have bought it because of my experience with the rep. But I liked the product even though I didn’t like the people. The product is amazing but they would do so much better if they had a better engagement with their customer, a better support group, and a better customer service staff.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that you love your Pelican system and wouldn't trade it for the world. We certainly appreciate the valuable feedback and absolutely pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. However, we are concerned to hear that your customer service experience was less than satisfactory with our Pelican team. Please rest assure that we will investigate the matter and make all necessary adjustments.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I had very hard water and I was looking for a softener on the internet. I made my mind up on what I wanted to try and Pelican understood my needs. I got the big filter and when I had it installed, at first I thought the plumber was a little expensive on it. But he had done them before and he did a great job. Now my water is 100% better. I'd tell others to get one, too.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased to hear that the Pelican Filter system has improved your water 100% and is providing you with much improved water quality. A Pelican system can help address color, taste and odor, improving the water as you have found. Thanks for referring Pelican.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

The water over here at Jefferson is very bad. We used to have a water delivery and we would save a lot of money from using Pelican. Their sales reps were very good and they answered all my questions. I got the reverse osmosis and we got somebody that they recommended to install it. The water has been fine. But I have a very sensitive stomach so I still boil it. My husband is using the water without boiling it and he loves it. The system is very convenient because I don't have to order water every now and then and I don't have those bottles.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I researched a lot of systems and I was happy with Pelican Water's price. I'm happy with the system. I only had it for a couple of months and the water is clean and soft. Their website was easy to navigate but we left it and had to call in order to have questions answered because they didn't tell everything online. The consultant that I dealt with was great. I have to call him back because he's going to get some carbon filters to take some of the egg smell out since I'm on a well, and we're going to put a new unit on the wall.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear you are happy with your Pelican System and the water is now clear and soft. We are also pleased you found the Pelican product to be competitively priced, that is one of the benefits you get from dealing direct through our website.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We saw Pelican on the net when I looked up for water filters because my wife said her hair was getting to dry. We bought a shower filter from Pelican to go on the shower and I installed it. The sales consultant said it would take all the impurities, such as chlorine, out of the water and then it should be fine after that. We have been using it for a month and a half now, and my wife has noticed the difference. I’d recommend what we are using.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the response, we are so pleased you like your Pelican shower filter, we have said it often but we do believe we make the best shower filter on the market. You may want to consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I have the Pelican Water System for a year now. We had a previous treatment system that was not working well for us, and so we wanted to switch out to something else. I did my initial order online, which was easy to do. I did initial installation myself. It also happened that I needed a replacement UV bulb and stuff that I've done here recently. The interaction with the rep when ordering the bulb was easy. We did that through an online chat forum and it was fast. I installed the bulb myself. We enjoy our system and it's doing a good job.

Pelican Water response
Finding bacteria in your water can be a scary experience, so we are pleased to hear that you bought a UV system to compliment your Pelican System. Our Technical support team are here 6 days a week to help our customers so its great to hear that you got great support from them as you installed the units yourself.

With a UV System, you should consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto Ship program that sends you replacement Lamps/Sleeves when you need them at discounted prices.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The water quality in the town is bad. Pelican's customer reviews were very positive so I called them to ask general questions about the effectiveness of a water and air treatment system compared to a water softener. It felt like it was a better thing for me personally so I ended up ordering one online or on the phone. Their website was easy to go through and the reps I talked to were very helpful as far as doing this and trying to find that. They stayed on the phone with me and we went through everything. Then I installed it myself. I'm not a qualified plumber but I called the distributor in Florida and with their the help, it was fairly easy. Now my water has no taste which is what I wanted. I would highly recommend Pelican based on their customer service. If I called, there was somebody there knowledgeable to help me out.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the review. So glad to hear that your drinking water has improved and is now exactly the way you wanted it. Working through our website and buying online is a great way to do your research and then select your product. We are also delighted to hear that the installation was fairly easy. We often hear that homeowners actually install it themselves.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We've been having hard water on our property. We have a water well for a while and we got sick of replacing faucets and shower heads. Based on Pelican's price and reviews, we went with them. I talked to their rep over the phone and he asked detailed questions. He also arranged for a water sample to collect the right data. He was great, easy to deal with, and knowledgeable in the subject matter. I was comfortable working with him, too. He didn’t really try to upsell or sell me something that I didn’t need and he sold me the right piece of equipment, a softener, model PS48.

I've called their technical helpline a couple of times when I was installing the unit. I had a couple of questions and they were very helpful. We've had it for about a month and it's been working very well. I noticed a difference in the water and I could tell based on my skin as it doesn’t dry out as much when taking a shower. I’m hoping that it’s going to address the issues with my plumbing system, all the corrosion, the water hardness, and the scaling. I’m a satisfied customer and I'd recommend them to anyone who has well water.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear you are happy with your Pelican System. Good idea to get your water tested, Pelican offers a rapid water test kit for just $99.00 which is refundable against a future purchase of a Pelican system. Also, glad to hear that you installed the system yourself and its working well.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I have well water and I researched online and found Pelican Water. When I ordered online, it didn’t go through correctly so somebody called and helped me. I got the PC600 and I wish I would’ve talked to somebody because it only does half the job I needed. I wish I would’ve known what I needed for the correct system for a well. There's about 35% difference in clarity in my water and I’m still getting the staining. I called them up again to find out what was required for the other thing and they told me I needed this other softener. So now I’m looking at getting that stuff from another company because it's considerably cheaper for the rest of what I need. But still, I'm satisfied.

Pelican Water response

We are pleased to hear that overall you are satisfied. Its always a good idea to get your water tested on private well applications. Pelican offers a rapid water test kit for just $99.00 which is refundable against a future purchase of a Pelican system.

Pelican Water Systems expert review by Greg Chick

Pelican Water Systems is a salt free water treatment system company that was founded in 2007. The company, headquartered in Deland, Florida, specializes in filtration more than softening, although they do both. They are well known for creating drinking water that tastes fresh and clean.

• Eco-friendly: The company is run with a focus on the environment and sustainability, and they are a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.

• Whole home systems: Pelican Water sells whole home systems to filter or soften the water that comes to every tap or faucet of a house.

• DIY installation: The systems sold by Pelican require only simple, DIY installation, which is a budget-friendly option. Professionals from the company can also install the systems.

• Free shipping: The company promises free shipping for all of their treatment systems and products.

• Community giving: Pelican Water Systems gives back to organizations in their community, and they support organizations including American Cancer Society and International Bird Rescue.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick

Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Pelican Water Company Information