4.7/5 (857 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free
Pentair Water Solutions (previously Pelican Water)

About Pentair Water Solutions (previously Pelican Water)

Pentair Water Solutions has trained and trusted home water experts who use specialized tools to understand your unique water challenges. Tailored solutions are developed to target your desired water profile to give you more peace of mind and cleaner, better-tasting water.

Pros

• Sells filters and softeners
  • Guaranteed to reduce chlorineNSF Standard 42

Cons

• Can be pricey
  • Plastic fittings can break easy

Bottom Line

Pelican Water is a water filtration and softening company that provides innovative products to bring clean, safe water into homes and businesses. The company sells multiple products to help solve any water problem.

Top Pentair Water Solutions (previously Pelican Water) Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pentair Water Solutions?

Verified

With Pelican, I liked the results that I found and there were a lot of good reviews. The system seems to be working pretty well. We've had the water treatment system for 10 years…...

Verified

I found Pelican online but somebody at work got something from them as well. I liked the ease of their knowledge. I told them what I had and they told me what I needed. Plus, thei...

What is Pelican Water?

Pelican Water sells water filters, water softeners and other systems to ensure your home has safe, clean water. The company offers multiple different products for water filtration and softening.

Water filters
Water filters separate chlorine, bacteria and contaminants from drinking water. These products are easy to install and require little maintenance. Whole-house filtration systems allow filtered water to come through every faucet in the home instead of just one. Most Pentair Pelican water filters are designed to filter fluoride and sediments out of drinking water.
Water softeners
Hard water has a high concentration of mineral content that can damage appliances and be rough on skin and hair. Water softeners work to eliminate some of these minerals to create a softer feel and reduce scale buildup. Pelican Water offers two types of water softening products: Advantage Series Salt Water Softeners and NaturSoft Water Softener Alternatives.
Drinking filters
The water that comes into the house that you use for showering and washing your dishes needs to be filtered in a different way than your drinking water. Pentair Pelican offers three types of water filtration devices.
  • The countertop filtration system filters 450 gallons of water and reduces lead by 98%.
  • The three-stage under-counter filtration system filters 1,500 gallons of water and comes with three faucet color options.
  • The reverse osmosis system removes 96% of fluoride and 98% of lead and comes with an NSF certification.

Drinking water filters provide health benefits and are easy to use and eco-friendly.

Shower filters
The Pelican Premium Showerhead reduces chlorine, is available in white and chrome and offers dual-flow water options. This filtration system reduces the effects of chlorine on your skin and hair. The three-stage system reduces the number of negative ions and lowers surface tension. All parts have a one-year warranty from the date of delivery.
Well water services
There are 15 million homes across the country that use well water. While well water is generally safe to use and consume, it can have a distinct smell and taste. Pentair Pelican provides clean water solutions that reduce iron, soften the water and eliminate the metallic taste that’s often in well water. Some of the company’s most popular well water products include:
  • Pelican tannin removal water filter
  • Pelican nitrate reduction water filter
  • Pelican sulfur water filter system

How does Pelican water softener work?

Pelican water softeners are designed to reduce the mineral content of water that comes into your house. One of the most common signs of hard water is scale buildup around drains and faucets. Hard water can build up in your pipes, cause blockages and damage your water heater. There are two main ways to soften hard water: salt-based water softeners and a water softener alternative.

Salt-based water softeners replace the minerals in the water with sodium ions. This increases the salt content of the water, which is why many people prefer water softener alternatives.

Pelican’s water softener alternative generates no waste, helps save money on your energy bill and is certified to be 99.6% effective. Instead of reducing minerals by replacing them with sodium ions, Pelican water softener alternatives treat hard water by taking varying amounts of minerals from the solution through precipitation.

Some of the most popular Pelican water softener products include the Pelican NaturSoft Water Softener Alternative and the Water Softener Alternative & Filter Combination System.

Pelican water systems cost

The average cost for a Pelican whole-house water purification system is $850, and the price increases to just less than $1,500 when UV protection is added. Both reduce chlorine and bacteria in the water that comes into your home. Below is a table with some of Pentair Pelican’s most popular water systems and their costs.

ProductPrice
Premium whole-house water filter system$854
Pelican whole-house water filters with UV Advantage Series Salt Water Softeners$1,483
NaturSoft Water Softener Alternative$1,529
Countertop drinking filter system$77.70
Pelican three-stage under-counter drinking water filter$104
Pelican Premium Shower Filter with 5-foot wand$59

Pelican Water FAQ

What does the Pelican water filter remove?
Pelican water filters remove sediment, chemicals and contaminants. They also prevent bacterial growth.
How long do Pelican water filters last?
All Pelican water filter products have a one-year warranty, and filters last five years.
Does Pelican NaturSoft really work?
Yes, the NaturSoft filtration has been certified as 99.6% effective in removing harsh chemicals from the water coming into your home or business.
Are Pelican water filters expensive?
Pelican water filters offer high-quality filtration options, but its prices are slightly higher than other leading brands. Shipping is free, and filters come ready to install so you don’t have to pay for installation.

Is Pelican water softener good?

Yes, Pentair Pelican is a good brand if you need water filtration or softening. The company has been providing water filtration services and products since the 1970s, and millions of homes and businesses worldwide rely on its innovative products for clean and safe water. Orders over $49 ship free, and the estimated delivery time is between one and six business days.

Pentair Water Solutions (previously Pelican Water) Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pentair Water Solutions (previously Pelican Water)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pentair Water Solutions?

Original review: March 10, 2022

Water softener install June 2021 in Southern Arizona. So far the product is working, hard water is a thing of the past. Shower, faucets, and toilets are a lot easier to keep clean. Salt last around 2.5 months. The only issue I have is the company sells you the unit but does not see how you're doing after the sale. I would recommend this product.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I purchased 'Pelican PSE1800 Premium Whole House Filter-Softener 1-3 Bathroom (PSE1800)' on 11/27/2020, got it installed with a certified plumber. Initially it was looking like I had a great product, but eventually it turned out to be waste of money. I contacted Pelican water experts before buying this product, clearly explained my requirement. But, I was provided with wrong choice of the product and now it's totally a waste of money for me. I purchased whole-house filtration system, but it didn't help remove the calcification that we have in the water. That was the need to install the filtration system, but it did NOT solve the purpose.

More than that, the so called experts misguided me to buy a wrong product. Now they say, you have to get another one and we don't know what conversation you had previously. This is absolute unprofessional behavior from the team, which I learnt after spending close to 3K. A hard & costly lesson learnt with Pelican water filters....hope this helps other clients to make a right decision. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I have had a two tank Pelican water filtration and conditioner for approximately three years. I live in southern Arizona where the water is very hard. The Pelican system cost about $2,000 and $600 to install. The system replaced a GE salt based softener that worked very well but died after four years. I chose the Pelican system as a way to avoid carrying bags of salt. Sales process went well. However, after a couple months with the new system, I have regretted ever making the purchase. Our mineral deposit problems have never been worse. We are constantly needing to chip away deposits on faucets, drains, nozzles, and can never leave water standing on anything.

We need to use a razor blade on the inside of toilets to attempt to remove mineral deposits. It’s a terrible problem…much worse than when we had a salt based system. I have thought about going back to a regular water softener, but after spending some $2600 I feel I’m stuck. The explanation I received that the Pelican makes removal of mineral deposits much easier because of the chemistry is just not true. Before Pelican, I never had mineral deposits. I am a very unsatisfied user.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Sales representative is great to get the sale. After the sale customer service experience is Horrible, After 45 days pass my water smells like rotten eggs. Called many times to get it fixed. When asked for a technician to come out they wanna charge me $89. Sales rep never disclose it'll be a fee because they wanted the sale, now me as the customer stuck with water softener system that smells like rotten eggs and cannot be fixed.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I bought the first Pelican system (water softener alternative) a couple of years ago and it works great!!! It replaced a Culligan system that had died. The Pelican has worked so good that I decided, with this review, to use the catch phrase as...never looked back, and I haven't!!! It has worked flawlessly, but, it does NOT truly soften the water with that slippery feeling after you shower and can't get it off!! BUT, it dries nicer and you feel really refreshed!

This last year I added the Pelican Whole home filtration system and the house has never had such great tasting water... Buy their products with confidence, HOWEVER, BE AWARE THAT THE COST OF INSTALLING THESE DEVICES WILL COST YOU MORE THAN THE PRODUCT COST THEMSELVES. I tried getting a plumber to install these devices here in Phoenix and it cost me up the wazoo...

Original review: July 9, 2021

Pentair/Pelican water in Nashville Tennessee has not backed the word with numerous customers. They do not back up their products after the sale at all. The prices are exorbitantly inflated compared to same Pentair systems sold at Home Depot. Again, there is no service after the sale. Caveat emptor.

Hello Don,

We are sorry to hear you believe our customer service is not up to your standards. We back all of our products and services. Our pricing is transparent and is listed online on our site and is the same as our products offered with all major retailers. We know you have not made a purchase from us yet, but we hope to prove to you that our customer service and product quality will exceed your expectations should you decide to make a purchase in the future.

Pentair Customer Service Team

Original review: May 23, 2021

We needed a filtration system for our well. The one we had used a resin filter and a salt-based water softener. We did not like the subtle salt tasting water and we discovered Pelican's advertising offering a saltless system that will give you drinking water that tastes better than bottled water. This is NOT true, and you get to find that out after you have spent several thousand dollars.

Pelican came to our house, tested the water and suggested a $5k plus system. After installation, the water tasted OK, but was brown colored. They later said that we have tannins, therefore we need a tannin removing system that uses salt. Pelican provided that at no extra cost, hence my two stars. We now have the same crappy salty taste that no one likes, but with an additional difference; the maintenance routine for the old system only required adding salt. The new Pelican system not only requires salt, but also requires adding chlorine almost every week, changing the sediment filter every 2-3 months, and replacement of very expensive parts on the chlorine mixing system. In addition, the beautiful, chromed tanks will also need to be changed in a few years. Please don’t let them fool you.

Hello Nelson,

Thank you for your feedback. According to our notes you were sold a system to deal with your iron. You did not purchase a softener at all. However it was determined later that the iron was masking a bigger issue in your water, tannins. To remove Tannins your only option is a salt based system. That system alone shouldn't be used when you have iron as well, thus why you have chlorine and a salt system to treat your water. Your initial water test also did not show tannins. This can happen where iron masks the tannins in the water.

We also show that you were not charged for the additional equipment you needed to resolve your water concerns.

We are sorry that your water requires so much equipment to treat it but that is what is required to give you clean water. Salt free works for many customers, but there are always situations where it doesn't, just like any water system.

The chrome jackets do not require replacement in a few years. As long as you wax them per the instructions. The resin and iron media inside both tanks are good for 10+ years when properly maintained, not every few years. Only the sediment filter and chlorine pump requires maintenance parts 2-4 times a year.

We understand that you wanted salt free but your water conditions simply do not allow us to go salt free to solve those issues. If the iron or tannins isn't being removed with your current system we would be happy to have someone from tech support reach out and review your installation or you can schedule a service visit to your home.

Resolution response: May 7, 2021

Pelican Water has completely changed my mind on purchasing from them. We have spoken many times via email and calls. They went beyond and my issues have been taken care of every step of the way. Unfortunately we had to go a route of having a different system issued. But they are making that happen. I can't thank them enough for reaching out to me to get this resolved.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Very unhappy with this unit. I purchased the WF10 with Topcashback rewards program. Had (10%) off cashback. Item cost was 5400 minus the 12% sale that was going on. The system doesn't give 99% iron free in the unit as my bath water still looks slightly brownish. Not as bad as it did though. It also is still leaving scale on my tub. I have cleaned it off with rejuvenate a few times. I called in at one point on chlorinator issues. I switched it around like I was educated to do. I have the chlorinator locked all the way up and I go through 35 gallons every 4 days. My previous unit had chem-tech and it was like 15 gallons and would work for a whole month.

I would not recommend this unit or company due to all the issues. By the way they denied the 10% cashback as well. $477. Not a company I would recommend. If one person reads and decides not to purchase due to this. It's due to poor product and service. I will be posting this in other sites as well. I am very disappointed with the service.

Original review: March 31, 2021

The primary tank that was first shipped was leaking. It got damaged in shipping. I contacted Pelican and they asked me to try a couple of things, which didn't work. They then turned around and said they would ship a brand new one, which they did. There was no trouble and no hassle getting them to ship a new one. They got it out right away and I've not a problem since. Pelican is very reputable. They're very easy to deal with and very happy to provide any information that one wants to request. I was very happy.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I have just spent over an hour with "Technical Help" on-line. I was concerned about the increase of scale on my fixtures, glass windshield, and paint of cars. I was told to try a different "cleaner" and was unable to answer direct questions why my system getting worse. Installed 08/2019. Finally tech line closed chat abruptly as I was typing. I was satisfied in the beginning that I was doing all I could without going to a salt based system and dealt with the residue. Water taste is good.

Hello Don,

We are sorry to hear about your experience on chat. We are unable to locate your purchase in our system to better assist in troubleshooting your system and helping resolve your concerns. However, we will have someone from our support team reach out to you.

Pentair Water Solutions (previously Pelican Water) Company Information