toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in a city where we have had major problems with the water supply, with rust and junk coming in from the city where the water’s turning brown. A plumbing company that I deal with told me they had a Pelican system available and would probably help fix the problem. The Pelican Water sales rep understood the situation and was very aware of what was happening. He came in and we discussed where it would be set up, how it would be set up, and that it would affect the water in the whole house. He was very thorough and we got the whole house system done.

However, the website is terrible. I live in Sault, Canada which is two miles from the American border. When I put in my order, I wanted it sent to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, but all the website wanted to do was send it to Canada, and I would pay $39 from brokerage fees which I do not have to. I can go to the American border, pick up the filters, do my own brokerage, and bring it across. I had to phone to Pelican's office and the guy did the order and sent them to me. However, the problem happened twice. The first time I went to the site, I did my payments with PayPal, and the next thing, I’m being billed another $40 to $50 unnecessarily because I didn’t want the product delivered to my home. That’s something that the website doesn’t do well. The Pelican website cannot handle that I am a Canadian buying in the US with delivery in the U.S which is unusual because I can do it with Amazon anytime. I can do it with other companies’ products.

Nevertheless, the product is well made, so I don’t have any complaints with it. It does exactly what it was designed to do. Since we've had it installed, the water’s clean and pure and no heavy chlorine aroma. It’s excellent. The water in the bathtub’s like crystal blue. It’s just beautiful, whereas it used to be brown, like I'd poured a can of Coke into either the toilet or the bathtub. Pelican made it great for me and I love it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Pelican Water was the most wonderful experience I've ever had in my life next to marrying my wife. They're really good and very professional. They understand the product well. They invest in you, in what you want and what you need, and don't just try to sell you something. I definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Pelican Water system was put in our house before we moved in. It was a new house and the contractor had installed the system. We have it down now to a system. It has a smaller micro-filter that we change every six months. My husband does that and he has no problem with it. We're having a problem with our well, and we got the book out to read it and realized we were supposed to change the carbon in the one tank after five years. And we've been there eight and a half years. We sent Pelican an email and asked about ordering the carbon and stuff, and the man was very nice and explained what we needed. I also ordered a box of filters at the same time. And then I emailed him and asked if it was something my husband could do or if we needed to hire someone. He then said that they'd send directions and it would be very simple. My husband was able to do it with no problem. Everything was fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I live in Atlanta, Georgia, in the Brookhaven area. The water has been shut off several times over the past few years. Once the water was turned back on, all the stuff that was in the bottom of the pipes gets flushed through into our house so we had a lot of particles that came through and clogged and ruined a lot of different plumbing situations at our house. We spent thousands of dollars replacing a lot of items and vowed that I didn't want it happening again.

I looked through a couple of other websites and found that Pelican seemed to be the most professional. I liked the idea that there was an installation kit because I planned on doing this myself. Plus I needed to change the location of the water coming into the house so it was quite a project to do. It was something that I felt, especially with the installation kit, quite comfortable doing myself. When I first ordered and researched the Pelican Water System, I was only interested in a filtration system. But once I started looking at their website and reading more, I opted to go with the soft water system, as well.

Using the installation kit was very easy. I wasn't going to purchase the installation kit. We have copper in the house and I just wanted everything copper then I realized that the heads that are going into both tanks are plastic. All I needed to do was just put a jumper wire over from where the pipes came into the house and to where they turn to be copper again so I continued to keep the grounding proper. But when I talked to the guy that I called to order the two tanks, he was the one who talked me into the installation kit. His selling point was that if I don't want it, I can send it back at no cost . I thought, to just humor him that I'd go ahead and order this thing and then send it back. But once I realized the challenges involved, I would not have attempted this without that installation kit.

I'm 68 years old and my hair is white. When hair turns gray, from blonde to gray to white, it turns into almost like straw and is very unmanageable. I used to have to put all kinds of product in my hair just to keep from looking like a scarecrow but since having the system installed, I'm not using anything in my hair now. It has been a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Purchased the Pelican filter system for my uncle who lives in Apalachicola, Florida because the chlorine in their water is just unbelievable. The taste and smell was super bad that you couldn't even drink the water. He's 80 years old and carrying bottled water all the time, and I figured there had to be a better way. So I did my research online and found that this Pelican system would take out all the particles with the pre-filter. Then, it would do chemical and chlorine with the secondary filter with coconut and charcoal. That's what we were hunting for and it absolutely worked.

I ordered everything online and it was very easy to navigate. I bought a box of four filters to go along with it so that he would have plenty of filters and didn't have to worry about reordering anything. I also took care of installing the filter systems and it was extremely simple. Since having Pelican Water Systems, the chlorine smell and taste was totally gone from their water, and they're totally happy with it. That's why I've already recommended them to someone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was concerned about the hardness in my water and the chlorine. I was looking for some sort of filter and there were a few different brands that I researched, and I went back and forth looking at all the specs until I settled on Pelican Water. I got a filter that you can put on your showerhead and you replace it every six months. The price was on par with other systems. The only time I ever called Pelican Water was when I canceled my auto shipment because I joined the Peace Corps and I was gone for a year. When I came back, I called them to start it up again. I talked to a rep and he was pretty cool.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a great experience with Pelican Water System. I'm happy with them so far. Somebody I knew had them in their house and they said they were really happy with it. I was then in the market for a water system. I liked the idea of not having a salt-based system so I thought I'd give them a try and I called the sales rep. I'm on a well and I had my water tested extensively. I sent in the results and he gave recommendations to me. I ended up purchasing two systems. The well water system, where it had the UV, and the RO system. The RO place out more water than my old RO, and it recharges faster.

The system cost a little more than a traditional salt system. But I don't have to really deal with it. I set it up, get it going, and forget about it. There are sediment filter and a UV lamp I have to change but I only have to do this once in a while. It is working and I don't have an itchy skin when I take a shower. It is not making the glass all cloudy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a new house being built and the builder recommended to look at Pelican. It has been about a year now since the system has been placed. It's treating the water for the hardness level as well as the acidity level that it has and it's working fine. We're not seeing any staining or any corrosion at all.

Pelican Water

Thank you for the response, we are so pleased you like your Pelican shower filter, we have said it often but we do believe we make the best shower filter on the market. To help you ensure you change your filter on time your could consider signing up for our WaterShield autoship program.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: March 9, 2017

We were concerned about the chlorine and chloride that's put in the water. Our naturopath mentioned Pelican Water Systems and told us exactly what we needed to order. So I got online, ordered it, and it's been smoothly operating ever since. We got a shower filter. We put it in ourselves, and it was very easy to do. The directions are there, we just unwind and wind back on. Since then, our water does not feel as heavy and certainly is not as smelly as before. Our skin is also feeling some difference. All in all, it's been a seamless operation and we appreciate that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love Pelican. I placed one in this house and then we will be moving to a new place in July and I've already purchased one for that place as well. I've got the salt-free softener combo system. I ordered online the first time and when I ordered for filters, I talked to a gentleman there at Pelican. And so I just always called him to order anything else. I've had a water system previously. I've always filtered my water but Pelican doesn't have any chlorine and the fish tank doesn't have to be treated with chemicals. I'm free of chemicals.

Pelican Water

We are pleased you found the Pelican product to be competitively priced, that is one of the benefits you get from dealing direct through our website. Our sales Consultants advised you correctly as dumping salt brine water into a septic system is never a good idea, which is why many people prefer to go with the salt free technology. Glad to hear your bathing and dishwashing has improved significantly since installing your Pelican system.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: March 4, 2017

I did some research online about water softener systems and I wanted a non-salt system. I had a couple of local people come out here but they were outrageously expensive. I was able to get Pelican system and had it installed by a plumber that we’ve worked with before. Their sales reps were very helpful. They did not recommend to use the salt system because we have a septic system. I got the combo - water softener and treatment thing and I’m real happy with it. It feels better in the shower and it seems like dishes don’t get streaky in the dishwasher.

Pelican Water

We are please to hear that your well water has improved greatly since you have installed your Pelican combo system. The old technology salt based systems can work well in some well water situations but your observation regarding using excess salt and chlorine is a common complaint we here often. So glad you found our Sales Consultants and videos helpful.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: March 3, 2017

I have well water here in Florida and I was looking to get the best whole house water system for it. I had a RainSoft system in place for several years but I was very unhappy with it. I wanted to get rid of having to use salt and chlorine. Pelican offered me a promise to give pure water and I also liked their concept that there's a pre-filter on it and the technology that they are using uses charcoal and coconut shell charcoal. Their website is easy to use and the videos there are very informative showing how to install the water system. The sales people were very helpful and they answered all my questions concerning my quest for the best water quality. I got the PSE1800 which cleans up the water very nicely and there's no foul smell because well water has a tendency to carry a little bit of salt also depending on where you live and the quality of the aquifer. It's a good product and I'm very satisfied.

Pelican Water

Good idea to get your water tested, Pelican offers a rapid water test kit for just $99.00 which is refundable against a future purchase of a Pelican system. We are happy to hear that our Salt Free Combo system was easy to install and is working well. As you pointed out they are compact too and because they don't need a drain you can locate them in small areas.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: March 1, 2017

We were having an odor in our water so we had it tested and it came back with all these high numbers on a lot of different areas. We had it analyzed and we were told we needed a water treatment system. We've read some reviews that were good and we wanted something that was saltless, so we decided to go with Pelican Water. I did everything online and their website was very easy to use. We received the system quickly and my husband put it in. We're happy with it because it's a good fit for us, size-wise, since we have a very small area in our laundry room. It’s been a couple of weeks now since it’s been in and our water is a hundred percent better. It’s clear and doesn't smell, but we are going to have it tested again.

Pelican Water

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you were happy with the service our Sales Consultants gave you, they are trained to understand water quality problems and then work with clients to recommend a system that best meets your needs. Ensuring you keep your pre-filters clean seems to be key to ensuring your water quality is maintained, please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

We bought an old ranch and were looking to rebuild it. We live in an area with very hard water, and we were constantly fighting that in our old house. So, I did a lot of research to which companies were available and the reliable ones that did not mean you had to refill salt tanks every few weeks. And Pelican had the best ratings. They had numbers you can call to speak to people who had it. And the sales reps were very thorough, polite, cooperative, answered every one of my questions and directed me for other sites to further my research because they didn't want me to make a purchase that I would be unhappy with. I ended up getting the water filter and softener, and the double package with the paper filters as well. Since installing Pelican, the water is a lot softer and it's been easier to clean the residues. My children said that the water tasted a little funny as the filter gets a little worn, so we used double filtering.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased to hear that we have improved your desert water to the point it is helping reduce the amount of water you were wasting and improving the feel of your hair. The Pelican Combo System really is a good solution for many households in America today.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

My desert water is terrible, and Pelican makes it softer so that I don't have to use a ton of water to take a shower. And my wife says that it makes her hair a lot easier to manage. I've got the two class system, the charcoal and softener, and the small little filter that gets the major dirt.

Pelican Water

We often hear that the old technology salt systems are costly and troublesome to maintain, so we are so please after research and talking to our Sales Consultants you decided to go with a Pelican System. We often through our database help customers find a local plumber to install the systems and as you experienced they do a good job. Let us know when we can help you in Vermont, we'd love to help you with your vacation home.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I have been a Collagen Water customer for many decades and everything about it is terrible. Pelican has been on my radar for years but without a brick and mortar in town, I was a little bit trepidatious. But top to bottom, it was an amazing and perfect experience with Pelican Water. I knew what I wanted when I called so I didn't really need a lot of help but they couldn't have been more clear in clarifying that what I was asking for was the right thing. They even recommended a local plumber, Patrick, who was familiar with them and the thing just start to finish was so pleasant. The product is superior and the price is good for the value you're getting. We have a getaway home in Vermont and I will buy a system for there. It's such a pleasant thing to do business with good people, and I wish all business could be like that.

Pelican Water

Buying online and working through our website is a great way to do your research and then select your product. Our marketing team will be so happy to hear your husband found the experience positive. We are also delighted to hear that the smell of chlorine has gone and the water is nice, just like it should be!

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

We'd been interested in having a whole house system and looking at different kinds of whole house systems for a while. We started doing research online and Pelican looked like a good one. My husband did the purchase online and everything seemed very good since he had no problems. We've always had a small filter on the cold water under the sink but now with the whole house system, there's no chlorine smell in the bath or shower, or the washing machine. The water is very nice.

Pelican Water

Thank you for your review, water safety is very important and we are glad you decided to take care of your water quality with Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I got the Pelican system for water safety. The people at customer service were very nice and answered all of my questions.

Pelican Water

The reason we use 1" is that it is the water industry standard for fittings and fixtures. Now that you have the install complete we are pleased to hear that we have helped eliminate the chlorine odor in your water.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Pelican was easy to install. My only thing was that there's no reason to go to a 1" PVC from the standard 3/4" that's in the house. A 1" PVC is difficult to find and I'm not quite sure why they went to that from 3/4". But the chlorine smell has definitely gone away.

Pelican Water

Sorry to hear you had an intitial problem with your shower filter, but pleased to hear that we got you the part you needed and all is good. Our Technical Service Team will be delighted to hear that they were helpful and efficient!

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I looked up Pelican Water and ordered online since I was looking for water filters. I called when I had a problem with the shower filter, and their customer service agent was so helpful. He sent me the part I needed and fixed the problem.

Pelican Water

Thanks for the positive review, we are seeing more customers combine a Pelican Salt Free Water Softener with a gas or electric tankless water heater. Not only is this combination great for the environment its also great for your wallet too ($$)

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

PS: Always check the warranty section when buying a water heater, many manufacturers of both tankless and traditional water heaters have clauses that insist the home owners need to ensure the water quality going into the systems are treated.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I was looking for a water softening system that wasn't salt-based. I found Pelican Water through the internet, sent them an email, and they were very helpful. I put in a tankless water heater, and what I've noticed with Pelican's system is that my water is much softer. Also, with other water softeners, there's a taste and a slightly oily feel, but with Pelican, there's none of those. In addition, I've done re-orders because now I need to get the filters on a regular basis and they've been incredibly prompt. I live very remotely and it never takes long to get their deliveries. I am incredibly happy with the Pelican water softener and I've been using it for four years now. I like the service and the way they've worked with me with replacement filters. I'm also very satisfied with the condition of my water. I've referred them to several people as well.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased to hear you appreciate our consultative sales approach, our sales team of Water Specialists are provided with a great deal of information to help the customer decide what is the best system for them. It's also great to hear that the quality of your water matches your expectations.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

We got the Pelican water softener and water purification system because the water where we live is hard. Their sales consultants were very nice on the phone. They spent a long time explaining the system, talking about the numbers that we got from our water company and what was in the water. When we were having it installed, we again called them and they were very helpful and patient in giving us useful information. I'm very satisfied all the way around with the product, ease of installation, and definitely their support. We now see a difference in our clothes and how my hair feels. Also, we used to have water splashes and had so much of residue in it but now, it’s not quite that way any more.

Pelican Water

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your shower filter, the product is still under warranty, we have asked one of our Tech Department Team to contact you to see if we can help with the spray problem.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

The premium shower filter will not stay steady, the shower head wand has already started spraying out to the side. The shower wand will not stay fixed. I am very dissatisfied with this product. I wished I had not ordered this item.

Pelican Water

Thanks for the review, protecting your water heater from scale build up is an essential part of maintaining your warranty. Don't forget you should drain your water heater at least once per year to maintain its optimum performance.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I Googled Pelican Water Systems because we're having issues on our water heater. We also had this on a previous water heater. Some white stuff would come up and would end up in our faucets, so we purchased the cartridges for the water filter.

Pelican Water

We are happy to hear that you have a UV System and now have 99% protection from bacteria in your water. Please ensure you change the lamp and sleeve as recommended so that you continue to protect you and your family from bacteria entering your water system.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

PS: You can sign up for our WaterShield Autoship Program to ensure you get your UV replacement bulbs and sleeves delivered on time when you need them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I was trying to get my house refinanced, so I had to do a water test and I had bacteria in the water. I purchased the UV filter from Pelican Water because that’s all I needed to get rid of the bacteria. The sales consultant of Pelican Water was great and very personal. He knew that he had something that I need and that it was going to be a sale, so he didn’t try to push me into it, he just answered all the questions. I was a little bit worried about being able to install the thing myself, and he said that if I can put a hose on a bib to water the lawn, then I can do this. I’ve already recommended Pelican Water.

Pelican Water

Thanks for the review, our marketing team work very hard to make sure our website is easy to navigate and make secure purchases from. More people are buying UV systems to give that final piece of protection to the water coming into their home, we are pleased to hear you are pleased with the quality of protection it is providing.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I have a sediment filter and an ultraviolet sterilizer from Pelican and the quality is very good. Pelican has excellent customer service, and their website is easy to navigate too. However, I haven't had a chance to install my water system since I had a hand surgery and I plan on getting it installed next week. Nevertheless, I recommend them to my friends.

Pelican Water

Sorry to hear that your UV system lamp broke, but we are happy to hear that we sent you a replacement and your now have 99% protection from bacteria in your water.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

We got a water softener and the ultraviolet rays from Pelican Water Systems and it seems to be great. Their sales consultants were very polite, and it was also great to talk to the helpline. A glass broke and they ordered it, then we got it in the next day.

Pelican Water

Thanks for the review, its sounds like our shipping partners got a little overwhelmed at Christmas time but we got it all sorted and you got a Pelican Christmas present! We are pleased that the system works on a Texas ranch. Many people experience that same problems you did with the old technology salt softeners but its good to hear that our salt free version is working and giving you the quality of water you deserve.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

When I moved to San Antonio, it is one of my requirements to have a filtering system for my home. Then, I made some comparisons and saw that the Pelican did not require electricity or salt. When I lived on the ranch, I used the Culligan system which required both. And I was satisfied with it except when I went on vacation and came home, the water was very salty. So, when I found out and I investigated what kind of filter it was and what it would do, and I contact the water system here in San Antonio, Pelican said it would be adequate for what is required here so I did that.

In December, I called, ordered more filters and it was a very nice man by the name of Christopher who said, "Yes, I want eight of them." So, they sent them here and never received the filter so I called them and Fedex evidently lost it. I said, "Well." And so, they made an investigation and sent me eight more. I called Fedex and finally, about four or five days later, the first order occurred. Meanwhile, Pelican was good enough to say, "We're sending you another one at no cost, etc., etc." So I said, "Send me eight more and bill me for it and be etc." Then all of a sudden, I had two orders here. So, I said, I will pay for it, no problem. All of a sudden, I got a call back from Pelican, people in Florida, saying, "We're giving you this here since you called. It was not your fault, etc." So, they gave it and it was like a Christmas gift to me. Pelican Water Systems is excellent and my experience is absolutely wonderful. I recommended Pelican to all my neighbors.

Pelican Water

Thanks for your review, you like many well water customers will find that the water quality and the contaminants that are in can change annually. We always recommend testing your well water at least once a year to ensure you are addressing the current issues. So glad that our consultative sales process worked out for you and you were able to add to your existing system. Thank you so much for being a loyal Pelican Water.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

We had half of Pelican Water's system for the last seven years, and we added an additional iron filter because the water table has changed at our house. I live in Florida and they treated for sulfur. They use an aerator which turns into a swamp cooler. It's just turned into a mossy mess that has to be cleaned every month. And by adding this system, I no longer have to do that because there's nothing to the open air that's treated with chlorine and then filtered. When I talked to the sales rep, there was some confusion as to what system I had and he thought I was putting in a new system. But I was actually adding to an original system and then recharging the Carbon Media. So, it was all cheaper than I expected, and the system works very well.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased that you are happy with our filter- softener combo system and our customer service.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Our water's so hard that's why we got a Pelican Water system. When we first got their system, my husband's the one that handled everything and he didn't want us to have to put salt in all the time and I've got a lot of friends who put salt in their system. He always said he was probably going to leave before I did, which he did. So, I inherited did a lot of stuff I didn't know what to do, but the guys at Pelican, especially Dave, they have been wonderful. I could not ask for any better treatment and advice that I had from them.

Their system is wonderful too. I had a problem with a couple of my tanks but it was still under warranty so Pelican sent them and my neighbors helped me replace the tanks. Also, we got a lot of rust in our water so I change the orange filter every now and then. It starts out white then turns to orange and I don't have my toilet sitting there with orange water in it so the system's working. In addition, my son's water up in Riley is really soft that I have to be careful when I get a dab of shampoo but ours is not soft anymore, but at least I can make a lather. The only down thing is they don't come and install the system but they have a list of plumbers to do it. Other than that, I'm satisfied with Pelican and I would recommend them.

Pelican Water Company Profile