4.83/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 22, 2017

332 Pelican Water Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The Pelican sales rep was excellent and he explained everything. We had the salt-less system from them. The one with two silver containers and carbon filter. The guy that came and installed the Pelican system was absolutely fantastic. He was very helpful and he went over the whole system with me. He cleaned up and he didn’t make one piece of mess. Since having the system, my wife doesn’t have itchy skin or allergies anymore. There are also no more marks in the shower and the water tastes better.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

People should definitely buy Pelican Water if they want to clean up their water. I did a little bit of internet research, found them, and they had good reviews. They understood my water quality issues perfectly and setting everything up was very easy. I told them what I needed and got the order right. They’ve shipped it right and installed easily. I purchased the sand filter and then the sulfur elimination system. And it has cleaned up the water quite nicely. Everything’s been good.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

The first guy who came here was telling me about soft water and how badly we needed it. I came out of Minnesota where we had 42 grains hard water, and down here in Florida, it's 9. When I asked how much was it, he said, "Totally installed and fully guaranteed, its $10,300." I was hit up by about four or five of these outfits with high pressure, one call closed type deals.

I saw the Pelican ads on the internet so I phoned them up. The guy was very pleasant and we talked about it. I ordered this one tank system. I got to thinking about it the next day that maybe that was not really the best way to do it. So I called them back and cancelled the order. With no pressure, they said, "Okay, fine. Can we ask you why?" And I told them that I really didn't know if that was the right system. The rep said, "We understand. That's fine. Would you like somebody to come out and explain to you the different types of system?" That was the thing that amazed me. So the guy came by. Again, with no pressure, he explained it, tested the water, and I told him what my concerns were as far as the water quality was concerned. He made a suggestion of the system which was $2,300. It was priced reasonably and was a lot less than that first quote.

The contractor came out and put it in. It was one of the most professional install jobs I've ever seen. I used to sell water softeners for Culligan when I was in college so I knew the drill. And Pelican was every bit of professional as you could ask for. They did a nice job. It's very thorough and complete. They were the only option that treated you like you had a brain in your head. I was very impressed with the overall quality of what I got and I would recommend them.

The product has a charcoal pre-filter system and does a really nice job. The charcoal filter system that is before the Pelican crystal ion exchange system take a lot of the iron out of the water and so it tastes better. But the interesting thing about the Pelican system is it doesn't take the hardness out of the water. What it does is suspend it so your water faucets and your pipes don't get all clogged up with gunk over a period of years. They stay clean. Up in Minnesota, even with soft water, I had to replace my faucets in my house about every five years. So that's the real benefit of the Pelican system. And I still get good lather. One of the problems with hard water is you can't get a good lather with shampoo or soap. But this stuff acts like soft water. It doesn't leave the slick feeling that you get with soft water.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased you found such great value in the Pelican System, that is one of the benefits you get from dealing direct through Pelican. So glad to hear our Water Specialists advised you properly and the agent was pleasant and professional throughout the entire process. We are ecstatic that you are happy with your system and thank you so much for the referral.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We recently moved here from Maine and the smell of our water prompted us to look into water treatment systems. We’re used to good old cold well water and the water here isn’t quite the same. Pelican Water’s sales consultants explained that we needed a water softener and bought the purifier. We went ahead and ordered, and my husband installed it himself. He had some questions and talked with someone as he was doing it. Everything worked out really well and we’re drinking our water now. We were very pleased with the product and we’d recommend it to anyone. Pelican Water has excellent customer service, a wonderful product and hopefully, we’re going to continue to have a good relationship with them.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased to hear everything worked out really well and your now able to drink your water. So glad to hear you are happy with the Pelican System and you would recommend it to anyone. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I'm on a well system and was looking for an iron system and a water softener system for a three bedroom house. I ended up purchasing the salt water softener system through Pelican Water and I did an iron system through another place. I had a pretty good experience with Pelican Water. The sales rep was very informative and helpful. I went on their website and it was really easy to use and understand. Since the installation, the water is a lot clearer and the system seems to be doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

Pelican Water response
Thank you for your feedback, doing research on the best system to treat well water is definitely worth your time and effort. At Pelican we have a large portfolio of products that can address many problems relating to color, taste and odor found in well water. We even provide a rapid 12 water test that is available across the USA.

So glad to hear that your water is a lot clearer and the system is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. We do pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We’ve had the Pelican for about three years now and we got their system for the UV light. Not realizing that Pelican was supposed to send me the UV light every year, I changed the number on our credit card and they couldn’t access it. They sent me an email about the card but I ignored and deleted it months ago because of all of the commercial stuff I got and the incident of my wife having cancer. Yet I keep a record of when I change the filter and the light so when I looked at it, I saw that I had not changed the filter and we had not received the UV light. Then I called them, found out what was going on and we straightened it out. They sent me the light and it had been well. I also had one occasion where the light was new but the red lights were on one or two months after changing it. I called them about it and they sent me a new one without charge.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for being a long time Pelican customer and for your review. Our Carbon whole house filters will last for 5 years and then a simple carbon change and you are ready for another 5 years of better than bottled water. Excellent choice on signing up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club. It is important to keep your credit card updated with Pelican. This will ensure that you receive your replacement lamps when you need them.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The water from my well was tested and came back positive for E. coli, and I started looking into water treatment systems online. Pelican Water’s website was straightforward, easy to navigate, and everything there had a good explanation. My water quality issue and the recommended solution were straightforward. I bought a water softener and a carbon filter from Pelican, and my purchases were very well-packaged and came fast. During the installation, the outside canisters were put in loosely, which was bizarre, but the canisters just sat there so that didn't matter. Since I've had the water treatment system from Pelican, my water tastes great, like SmartWater. All in all, I had a great experience with Pelican.

Pelican Water response
Thank you for your feedback, doing research on the best system to treat well water is definitely worth your time and effort. At Pelican we have a large portfolio of products that can address many problems relating to color, taste and odor found in well water. We even provide our own Pelican Rapid 12 water test that is available across the USA.

So glad to hear you had a great experience with our team and you are enjoying the taste of your water.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We ordered Pelican's water system over the phone after we we looked online to see what options we had for a salt-free system. The reps were helpful whenever we spoke to them and the system was installed a couple of months ago. It’s been working great and very easy to work with. We don’t have to put salt in it every couple of weeks. Now, we don’t have to change our faucets out and clean all of them every month or two. Also, our heating element in our hot water on demand don’t get so full of lime that it stops working and the flow is free. We’re happy to use a salt-free system.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review, so glad to hear that everything is working great and we are pleased that you found our website easy to use and our Water Consultants knowledgeable and helpful. We are finding more and more customers are moving away from the old technology salt based softeners and moving to the easy maintenance, salt free water softener and filtration products.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was looking for a water treatment system and I found Pelican through Google. Their CS rep was a very nice and courteous person. I bought the NS6 and ever since using it, I have felt the difference on my body and its good for my skin. But one of the biggest difference I have seen was with my daughter. She has a pretty dry skin and we need to put itch cream for her skin. After a week, she didn't need the cream anymore. The only thing I'm not happy about is the white spots I see on my dishwasher, glass, and desktop. When I called Pelican about it, the representative told me that the system I got was just for the skin and the body. I definitely recommend the Pelican system.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I got the whole home filtration and water softening with UV protection from Pelican. Their sales consultant confirmed the selections I had already made and it was a very pleasant experience. The new system doesn't dump a load of water out every day like the old one did. I also don't have to put salt in it anymore, which is wonderful. The water tastes excellent, too.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter/Softener Combo with UV). We are so glad to hear you had a pleasant experience and you are now enjoying the excellent taste of your water. You may want to consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement UV filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction team

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I used to have filtered water come out of my refrigerator. But in the new house there was no water line to the refrigerator so I wasn't going to get filtered water that way. Also the tap water in Tucson is not very tasty so I weighed my options and decided I wanted a whole-house water filter for drinking purposes. I looked at consumer ratings and Pelican's reputation is excellent. I also spoke to a couple of different plumbers in the process of getting other things taken care of in the house and would say that's the only one they ever use.

We have an older home and I had concerns with galvanized pipes. I know that some water softening systems can be damaging to older pipes. I talked to a Pelican sales rep and I was pleased with him. He was very helpful and sent me data sheets on a particular water filtering system, that it doesn't damage pipes so my concerns were allayed and both the price and the service were very good. The water tastes wonderful. My family drinks a lot of water and everybody is happy that they can even drink it out of the shower, especially the kids. I've been very pleased with the product altogether.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that your water tastes wonderful and everybody is happy that they can even drink it out of the shower. Our great reputation often precedes us, so we are pleased to hear that professionals in your area also recommend Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction team

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I was trying to find out different information online and I wanted to upgrade my water system. I had some water softener system before but it seemed like I wasted a lot of salt every time we regenerate it. Now, with the Pelican system, I save myself a lot of salt because it only regenerates every couple of weeks when it needs it. It doesn’t do it three times a week automatically. Pelican's website is pretty much self-explanatory. You go online if you need parts or need a system. The system I bought was a salt-system, water softener system itself with the filter and the pre-filter. Lately, all I’ve been doing is buying the replacement cartridges. I always call Pelican and talk to the sales rep themselves when I need any filters or anything like that.

Last time I called them and told them that it didn’t seem like I was getting efficiency out of it like I was supposed to and they had me go downstairs. They helped reprogram the system to make it to where it would suit my purposes. Before, I get a lot of mineral deposits in my water in the way the system was set up before. You could feel it when you take the shower or anything. You feel sticky and the salt deposits that didn’t dissolve all the way when you showered stuck to your skin but now it’s clear. You don’t feel that stickiness there anymore. If anybody asks, I’d recommend them talk to Pelican. They know what they’re doing. I got a good deal with Pelican.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Since I've been in Florida, I've always had water treatment systems. At my new house, I'm on a well for the first time and after the hurricane, I let the water out of the tub and I noticed a really thick red silt at the bottom of my tub. I talked to a Pelican sales rep and the discussion was informative. He was honest with me and didn't try to sell me something I didn't need. I thought I was going to get into a salt-free, electric-free system like what I had with Kinetico but since he was already there and instead of just shopping around, I went with it. I'm able to get rid of the iron and the water is much better now. When I had a problem, somebody came out and changed out the head because it was running continuously. They took care of it the day before I went on vacation. I've recommended Pelican Water to a few people.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you were happy with the service our Water Specialists gave you, they are trained to understand water quality problems and then work with clients to recommend a system that best meets your needs. Ensuring you keep your system properly maintained is key to ensuring your water quality is maintained, please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We’re out in the rural area and we have a real hard water system so I did an internet search and Pelican came up as the best I could find. I read the state records and then went online to purchase the 1000 system. Their website had good details as well. Now, the hardness isn’t quite as bad as it was and the taste is better. As far as the water quality, it’s good.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your feedback, doing research on the best system to treat your water is definitely worth your time and effort. We are so glad to hear you are happy with the taste and have noticed an improvement in the water quality with your Pelican system. We are also very pleased to hear that you found our website so informative.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We live in northeast Florida and the water is not the best. It has the heaviest metal content and full of minerals. Residue builds up around the faucets as well as inside our water dispenser. As I started researching, I realized I didn’t want to get one that has a salt filtration system. It was perfect timing when my wife heard about Pelican Water because I was already done with four different people but not with Pelican yet. She said to check it out. I did a google search and the reviews for them came across really high as well as for the after-service or installation comments from customers, so I thought I'd give them a shot. The product is also non-salt and non-electric so it is perfect. I called Pelican that day and they came out the same afternoon.

The four other vendors already tested our water and all tested bad. When Pelican came out, they found even worse than what the other three out of the four had said. They kind of agreed with the fourth one that the water is not terrible compared to some places that they were at but it is bad. They put a filter in the water and then tested it, and it came out nicer. I liked their approach and that they weren’t rushing me. Everybody out of the other four that I’ve already called called me at one time or another or sent email. I don’t want that pressure from people. I want to be able to make my own decisions when I want it, and Pelican was good about it. They were also the only company that came out with a unit installed in their van so I was able to see exactly what it’s going to look like, which is a lot better than looking at the picture like what the others had.

An installer came in to install the water system. He told me what I needed to do and Pelican was the only one that explained to me what causes the rotten egg smell in the water. I was told to check on things and drain the water tank from the water heater in two weeks. I did and almost a pound of what looks like sand came out of the water tank. I was amazed. It is not even five years old and it’s already making this mess. I can only imagine what it looks like from the inside.

Now my water heater gets hotter quicker because it doesn’t have anything blocking the coils. I now drink the water without any problem and I don’t have any build-up inside the water dispenser in the refrigerator. My dishes come out clean without any spots on them and the dishwasher doesn’t have the after-smell, same with the washing machine. The laundry gets cleaned. I’m really pleased. Everything is as advertised. I’m sure it’s even better because the system is still clearing up stuff every day. I change all the faucets and everyone of them has something in it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

In Marion, Wisconsin, our water is so bad, it's so lime that I'm going through toilets and faucets continuously because they just get limed up so bad. I got eight buildings with 32 units and I needed to have something done. So I did a lot of research and came up with Pelican Water. The sales rep really helped me out. He told me what I should be looking at. And I went back to the internet and I did more research on my end and called them back. They told me which was the best product for me and from what I saw, they were right. I got the gigantic $4,500 piece and we put the first one in three years ago. We could see the difference in six months. I can tell by the amount of lime I don't see on the outside of my faucet and inside of my toilets. They did a good job. I just got the third one in and I got one more building to go. So that's next year's project. They are the best product on the market and it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our Custom Estate Systems. Searching through our website and buying online is a great way to do your research and then select your product. We are so glad to hear your experience was positive and you seen such a difference within 6 months and can tell by the amount of lime you don't see on the outside of your faucet and inside your toilets. We are also delighted to hear that we have the best product on the market and it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We’ve had a Pelican Water System when we moved into our house and we noticed that it has clean water. We have one of those one-cup coffee pots that like the water and Pelican has a filter, so we don’t have just reverse osmosis. However, we waited too late to change the filter, but the person I talked with was very helpful and wants to make sure that I was getting the right kind of filter. We’re still learning about the system but we like it and we're very happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We moved into a new home here in our home in Williamston about seven years ago and we were looking for whole house systems. One of the plumbers that we talked to mentioned he thought Pelican was a very good system. They said we have to contact Pelican independently and then get the stuff and then they put it in. The sales reps were very helpful. We told them what we were up to and they told us about the particular system they thought would meet our needs and they advised us to go on to their website and look at it, review it, and see if we thought it was something that would work for us. We did and it looked nice. It was a tank and there’s a pre-filter and all of that and it described the process and how often you have to change the filters. It was a reasonable price and so we did it.

The previous people had the Culligan water softening system, which we have removed because we weren’t interested in soft water, but we wanted purified water. The water tastes great and it didn’t smell. It didn’t seem to leave marks on dishes. I wouldn’t have any hesitancy recommending Pelican to anyone who’s interested in that kind of system.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that the water is now tasting great and the odor has been eliminated. We often hear that the old technology salt systems are costly and troublesome to maintain, so we are so pleased that after conducting your research and talking to our Water Specialists you decided to go with a Pelican System. We love when professional plumbers recommend us to their clients as they often do. Thank you so much for referring us out.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I wanted to have water without a bunch of chemicals and a friend told be about Pelican Water. I ordered their shower filter directly from their website which was easy to do. Everything was on schedule and I installed the filter myself. Ever since I had the filter, the water feels better.

Pelican Water response
So glad to hear that your water feels better now that you are using a Pelican shower filter. Your research would have told you that you absorb chlorine through your skin as well as digesting when you drink.

Now that you have your shower filter and are happy with the water quality you may want to sign up for our Water Shields Auto Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement shower filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Pelican Water Systems. I was looking for a filter for my shower because I felt like there's a lot of chlorine in it. I got online and ordered a shower filter with the handheld head. After installing it, the water didn't have that chlorine smell anymore. The only problem I had was that the hook that hooks up to the thing that comes out of the showerhead was plastic. And after a week of using it, it broke. I called them and they said that I have warranty, so they sent me out a whole new system. It seems to be doing fine now. They fixed the problem that I had and I'm happy with the system. I have no complaints.

Pelican Water response
We are so pleased to hear the water doesn't have any chlorine smell anymore has improved now that you are using a Pelican shower filter. Your research would have told you that you absorb chlorine through your skin as well as digesting when you drink.

Now that you have your shower filter and are happy with the water quality you may want to consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement shower filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

The Pelican sales rep was very helpful. He wasn’t pushy and he answered my questions and really allowed me to make the purchase rather than him selling me the system. We told him what we’re looking for and what we wanted and he gave his recommendation. I put the system in myself and it was very easy to install. My wife is really fuzzy and she always bought bottled water. We had a filtration system that she drank her water from. But now we just drink water out of the tap.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and believe your feedback is an accurate reflection of our company. We often receive positive feedback from customers that are handy and choose to install the systems themselves. Please keep in mind we have an easy install kit that makes the installation even easier.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I didn’t like the taste of my water and ended up buying the six-stage reverse osmosis system from Pelican Water Systems online. It was easy to install and the taste of the water is better.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased to hear that the Reverse Osmosis (RO-Filter) system is providing you with much improved taste and was easy to install. Now that you have your Pelican Pro 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Filter, you may want to consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement RO filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I wanted to get chlorine and all the impurities out, searched for water filters on the internet and found Pelican. I called, told them I needed some help and they answered every question I asked. The reps were very helpful and it was simple to install the reverse osmosis system. I even hooked it in to where it filters the water from my refrigerator. The water didn’t taste good before and Pelican fixed that. It tastes like spring water we have been paying a lot of money for and I’m happy. Pelican ships when they say and the product does what they say. My son in Wisconsin already bought one.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day. We are so pleased to hear that you are now happy with your water and had a great experience our Water Specialists. Our Pelican Pro Reverse Osmosis Filters are one of the most aggressive filtration systems available. Now that you have your Reverse Osmosis Filter, you may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement RO filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We had a test done and we wanted to see how our water was. After that we decided to go and get a water filtration system. We sent the report to Pelican Water Systems so they could look it over. We got a particulate and then went to a carbon filter and then to a softener after that. I did all the installation and it was pretty easy. They have a kit which I bought and used some of that. It would’ve been great if I was able to lay it out exactly as shown but I didn’t have the room so I just laid it out using a PEX system and some of their systems.

I just wish they would be able to check for hard water again now after their system’s been in but it takes a little bit. It's only been in for a few weeks. But either way, that would be something that would be cool to verify if they fixed it. And I’ve called a couple of times since then to have them set me up on a filter system. I haven’t gotten a callback yet, so that’s been a little disappointing. But overall, it was a pretty good experience.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your feedback, going with the Pelican Rapid 12 Water Test is an excellent choice for options to treat your well water. We have a large portfolio of products that can address many problems relating to color, taste and odor found in well water. Our Technical support team are here 6 days a week, Mon-Sat to assist you with any questions. We will have a member of our Technical Team reach out to you.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

When I was in Jacksonville, Florida, I saw a water softening system in people's houses and I inquired. I'm also a mechanical engineer and I researched for water softening and purification systems, then I heard about Pelican. I purchased the sediment filter, carbon filter and mercury purity from them. I wanted these since I knew that where I am, the water is not well water. Their website was good and since using Pelican, I don't taste chlorine anymore.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased to hear that your water quality is much better and the chlorine is gone. Excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day. Very nice to hear you found our website easy to use. Now that you have your sediment filter, you may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We live in Arizona and our water was nasty and tasted bad. We purchased the Pelican Water 1800 system for the whole house and their website was very easy for my wife to use. We had to call back and order the installation kit and that went really well. We put the system in ourselves but we had to call in a couple of times so we could get some guidance. Every time my wife called, she got them right away. Plus, the guys that we got on the line were very clear and concise. They answered our questions and it was almost scary because it was too easy. We’re 68 years old and we’d never done plumbing but we did it and it was awesome.

We had it piped into the refrigerator and we drink water right out of the tap now. The water is great and tastes wonderful. We love it. The system looks good too and we have it in the garage. It's attractive and not an old nasty plastic bucket sitting there. Everything about it has been really wonderful. We’ve been telling all our friends about the Pelican Water system. Our sons were looking into buying one as well and they’re coming over to see it.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (PSE 1800 Filter/Softener Combo). So glad to hear that you love your system and the water is great and tastes wonderful. You may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement Sediment Filters when you need them at a special discounted price. Thanks for referring Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

My wife has an allergy. She has a lot of salt on her body. We found out that it came from our old water softener and the doctor said we had to take the salt out from it immediately. So we searched online and Pelican Water Systems popped up. We read the information and learned that it was a softener without the salt. That’s what we were looking for. So we took out our old water softener and put the Salt-free Pelican. It is the one with a filter which cleans the water. I paid $1,700 for it. So far, it looks like the water system has helped a lot. My wife is in the sink every day with her hands in the water. Her skin was drying before, but not anymore. It’s beautiful stuff. It has a kind of soft and nice water, which is a big difference from regular water softeners. So far, we’re very happy with Pelican. Everything works, and I have already told a lot of relatives and friends about it.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your Pelican System. We are finding more and more customers are moving away from the old technology salt based softeners and moving to the easy maintenance, salt free water softener. Thanks for referring Pelican, please keep in mind we have a fantastic referral program.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I was putting together a water system for my cabin and I needed a UV light. I was searching online and saw Pelican Water Systems as a good outlet for those type of devices and appliances. It looked like they had a lot to choose from and a lot of good support and information available. I first bought the light and the pre-filter. And this year, I had to buy a replacement light and I went back to Pelican Water because that's where I got it and I knew I would get the proper replacement. They also have prices to choose from. Their sales representatives were really good. They cleared up a lot of questions I had and they are the experts so I listened. I have a lot of respect for their company and will certainly give their name to people that are looking for those type of devices. I've given their name to several people who are now doing water systems.

Pelican Water response

Finding bacteria in your water can be a scary experience, so we are pleased to hear that you bought a UV system. Our Water Specialists and Technical support team are here 6 days a week to help our customers, so its nice to hear that you got great support. Now that you have a UV System, you may want to consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto Ship program that sends you replacement UV bulbs when you need them at discounted prices. Thanks for referring Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

We live in an agricultural area and I was worried about volatile organic compounds like arsenic and other things. I looked up Pelican Water online, had a phone consultation with a representative, and he answered all my questions then mixed some information on top of that. From ordering to getting the items, everything went smoothly and took less than a week. We purchased the whole-house water filter and the reverse osmosis. Pelican also referred us to an installer in the area. After the installation, our water reminded us of the mountain well water we had in Oregon. It’s like the water is doing something for our health. We love our experience and we’re 100% satisfied. It's wonderful and we've referred neighbors to them.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased to hear that you are 100% satisfied. We do pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team. Now that you have your Pelican Pro Reverse Osmosis System, you may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement RO filters when you need them at a special discounted price. Thanks for referring Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I went online looking for a water softening system for my home without having to deal with the adding of the salt. I was looking for something very simple and efficient and Pelican’s sales consultant was knowledgeable. That's what made me steer towards the Pelican product. During the consultation, he was very pleasant. He looked like he cared about my requirement and he was able to resolve all. Plus, their website was easy to navigate through. I got a one ball cylinder and a sediment filter, and I had it installed in the beginning of summer. However, I was kind of surprised about the installation kit that I bought that went along with it. I did some investigating and the kit prior to what I received was more assembled than this one. Fortunately, I'm an electrician so I was able to do the plumbing myself without an issue. It worked fine after that. But if you don’t know what you are doing, you should have a plumber install it.

One thing I noticed when I cut out the piece of the pipes when doing an installation was a slight scaling on the inside of it. The salesman who I spoke to said it would take a little time for the system to flush out some of the hard water components inside my pipes. But I could see the difference and so does my wife. When we wash our dishes in the dishwasher I no longer get the trouble of wiping off the white powdery stuff from the hard water. I'm satisfied with the whole system so far. The only bad thing is I stuck it in the corner where nobody could see it. The design is nice and I have no issues with it at all. I like the main construction, the products, and the display of the product is nice. Overall, Pelican is a quality company and I would definitely recommend them.

Pelican Water response

We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your Pelican System and no longer have to deal with the hard water. We often hear that the old technology salt systems are costly and troublesome to maintain, so we are pleased after conducting some research and talking to our water specialist you decided to go with a Pelican Salt Free System.

Pelican Water Company Information