Call toll free
4.42/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

657 Pelican Water Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I had some issues with the water smell, and I had some rust and calcium buildup on a lot of my fixtures in the house. I was looking for a water filtration company and while I was looking online, Pelican happened to pop up. I worked with one specific guy that helped me identify some of the issues. I purchased just a sampling kit. One of the reasons was because they offered a credit for the sample. If you bought or purchased the filter system through them, they would credit you to whatever you spent on the test kit. And so, once I had the results from my test, I had a representative call me to explain to me what they saw on the sample, and it didn’t really line up as much as some of the issues I was having. And so, I took pictures of it and sent it to him, and then we discussed it again, and that’s how I ended up buying the right filter for my home.

The rep was really helpful and he spent as much time with me as I needed. I stayed on the phone with him one day for 45 minutes asking questions, trying to understand why it was best fit, if that was the only solution, and so on and so forth. I have his email as well because he helped me purchase everything. My mom lives about a mile from me and has the same issues. So, I purchased the exact same system for her and I did it through him. And then, even today, I emailed him about some issues I was having over the weekend with the smell in my water, to see if it was something I needed to adjust on the filtration side, and he very promptly emailed me back and asked questions, and helped me to resolve the issue.

I've got two different systems. Because of the level of hardness in the water, I needed a salt-based softener. So, I have a whole house softener system that I purchased from Pelican. And then, because I purchased a salt-based softener, I had to install an under the sink reverse osmosis filter for drinking water and water to cook with. That was why I purchased two different filters.

The setup and installation were fairly simple. I was able to get it done in a few hours on my own. The biggest issue I had with my water was really around my clothing. And so, that was really the driver. My faucets were a little bit frustrating, but it was something I was able to live with without it being a huge ordeal. But what happened when I washed my clothes, because of the hardness of the water, it was like the soap wouldn’t penetrate the water and clean my clothes. So, the instant I would sweat, my clothes would get a very sour smell. Since I've had my Pelican system, my clothes smell clean, and it's a drastic difference. It's much better. I would definitely recommend Pelican.

Pelican Water response

We are pleased to hear since installation of your Pelican system, your clothes smell clean, and it's a drastic difference. Its always a good idea to get your water tested, Pelican offers a rapid water test kit for just $99.00 which is refundable against a future purchase of a Pelican system.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

However as IBM mainframe salespeople said years ago; "No one was ever sorry they bought the best there is." We purchased this house (2 miles west of Crescent Beach, FL) in June of 2014 and had been struggling with our well water since then. The house sits on a cypress knoll atop a perched water table. As such well water is abundant and we only have to lift it 12 to 14 feet, however it is rich in tannin, minerals, dissolved iron and iron oxidizing bacteria; surprisingly it does not reek of sulfur dioxide. -- i.e. it is pretty much the typical shallow well water one sees in N.E. Florida.

The previous owners had installed a potassium permanganate point-of-entry system (PPPOES) and a typical salt-based softener -- both of which had seen better days, with blue-green crap all over the garage floor from the leaking in all directions PPPOES. We replaced the softener and installed an Iron Breaker system in the line from the well before the softener. These took care of the minerals and for a while the iron issues, the tannin remained. But after 3 years the Iron Breaker was breaking down, despite its claimed (when we bought it) 10-15 year life.

So, last October I set out to find an alternative. The two big players here are Culligan and Pelican -- I called both for a "free in-home consultation". The Culligan salesperson lived up fully to what I had expected from a housecall water treatment system salesman (he must have previously worked for Kirby or Electrolux); he knew a lot about selling the system, but very little else. His "testing" was performed with a simple dip-stick kit like the numerous ones I have stacked up in the garage, and his final suggestion was a 20" cartridge carbon filter, a potassium permanganate injection system and a new salt-based softener.

OTH the fellow from Pelican (John) impressed myself (a retired ME -- BSME MIT '69) and my wife with his knowledge of both their equipment and how it worked. He tested our water with a digital field testing system and sent samples to Pelican's lab for additional testing and confirmation. John returned a week later, explained the test results, presented and explained in detail their proposed system and how it would all work together to provide clean usable water. Proceeding was an easy decision.

A week later (third-week November) it (a Pelican WF4/PT3 system) was installed; a 5 micron polyester filter to start things off, Followed by a chlorine injector to kill the iron reducing and other bacteria, Next is an iron & manganese greensand filter and a whole house carbon filter with a 600,000 gallon service life (5 years at 300 gallons/day!) -- these are installed in the pump house, in the garage is the PT3 salt-based tannin filter/softener.

The water is crystal clear, equally as good as bottled and much better than the filtered city water you get from the machines outside the grocery stores. We have had a recurrent issue though (Pelican has been right on it though, so it has just an issue, NOT a problem). A couple and a half weeks after installation my wife commented that the pressure in the shower was reduced. I too had noticed this a week or so earlier but left it to the system "settling in". But responding to SWMBO's words and investigating I found that the flow meter in the PT3 control head was no longer functioning (The PT3 control head displays current flow in gpm). The flow meter consists of a small water flow driven turbine wheel in a venturi in the control head's outlet. It had apparently jammed and as the automatic regeneration cycle of the PT3 is triggered by accumulated flow this meant it would never regenerate on its own.

Pelican responded immediately, overnight shipping a new control head and arranging to have it installed the next day. This was done, and inspection proved that indeed the turbine wheel was jammed though we could not determined by what other than that it was a very small something (the clearance between the turbine and venturi is quite precise).

Unfortunately 92 gallons later it jammed again. Pelican sent their top technician the next day; sure enough the turbine was jammed, but once again we could not determine by what. He speculated that perhaps a manufacturing defect had resulted in the filter tank down-tube's lower strainer being damaged allowing media into the stream and recommended that a new tank be installed. This was the Friday before Christmas. On Wednesday we received a new tank, and their tech came yesterday (New Year's Eve day) to install it. Having had company we have now used over 400 gallons of water and it appears all will be well in the new year. KUDOS to Pelican and their support team -- I find myself not at all sorry I bought the best there is! SWMBO=She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your feedback, so glad to hear you had a great experience with our In-Home Water Specialists and the water is crystal clear, equally as good as bottled and much better than the filtered city water you get from the machines outside the grocery stores.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

There was heavy iron in the water. I looked into a water treatment system and the sales consultant from Pelican Water Systems came out. He did an examination on water, confirmed that we were heavy on iron, and recommended their homeowner thing, so I went with that. He gave me clarification on how the system works, I accepted the plan there, and he left the tank here. Then the installers came out and they were very good. They put it in and rigged it up, however, I had to rebuild my shed that I had over the pump system because their iron tank was taller than the roof. So, I had to restructure the roof's area then we got the system in.

We had a lot of problems with the system after that. About two days after they put it in, the little box that supplies the power to the timer went out. Pelican sent me a new one then I put it in and it has been fine since then. I purchased the number four system which has the iron, the chlorine, and the other tank for our home system. Later on, I had them come back out again. I wanted a water softener in it because the water was still too hard, so I bought that and added it to the system.

But we still had problems and I called the installer about them. He happened to be in the area and he came back and found the problem. The system wasn't flushing the iron tank completely when it went through its cycle at night, so he put a washer in there with a larger opening and it put more water in there, which got rid of the grayish and the bad taste that was coming out of it. Also, there was a yellow one every two or three days and by putting the bigger washer in it and having more water flush into the iron tank, it was able to completely flush the iron tank. We've been living with that now and it seems to be good.

I was very dissatisfied at first because it took quite a bit to tune up the system. But James, the head installer, was very sharp and very knowledgeable. He helped me a lot with it and we got it cleared up now, though, it has taken about five months to get everything cleared up. But now I don't have the same graying or the yellow one in anymore, and the water taste is a lot better. Also, since having the system installed, the water doesn't have the iron. It took the water softener about two weeks before it started working effectively, but now, we can suds up in the shower.

My neighbor next door, who has the same problems with his water, came over and talked to me. He wanted to know what I thought of my system because he was thinking about getting one as well. I told him that for the first five months, I thought I was making a big mistake. The system had to be tuned-up then Pelican increased the chlorine a bit and had to get the flushing system to work better. But I told him that it is starting to work okay now though he is still watching to see whether he wants to put one in or not.

So far, I've changed the sediment filters and James came up here, took the chlorine unit off, and cleaned it because it was heavily coated in iron. He cleaned all of that off a little earlier than I needed to. I'm watching the system to see whether Pelican is gonna take care of the problem, but so far, since James was here, the problem has been taken care of and the water softener is working. Pelican also sent me their special water test when I called in about the problem. They were suspecting I had something else, although James said that I didn't. I called them about two weeks later and they came back and said that my well looks great. I told them that nobody called me, so I didn't know what was going on, and the response has been a little negative. Other than that, the evaluation was good and the system itself is better than what I had initially with the old salt water softener system. Also, the frustration that I went through was very concerning especially considering the price that I paid for, but I'm okay with it right now.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review. The water chemistry in Private wells can present challenges for any system. However, here at Pelican we have the best products to address most issues as well as the most experienced water specialists for the best recommendations.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The city water sucks. It has a taste and it’s got a smell to it because of the rain and all the other crap. I purchased the whole house system with the ultraviolet lighting add-on from Pelican. I covered all the bases and the water coming into the system now has no taste or aftertaste. It’s very clean and very clear water. We don't have crud all around our dishes either. When we drained our dishes, we used to get all that white crap from the city water. They either don’t control the chlorine or put so much in it. They figured they’d kill everybody. If you go buy a little bit of chlorine and pour it on concrete, it will leave a hole right through your concrete wall. It's an acid. And you're gonna drink it? They use so many parts per billion but it's still a part that's going into my body. It’s silly but since installing the system, even my dog is healthier.

My wife also said that if you have rigorous city water or regular water of any kind, your toilets are constantly dirty. We have one bathroom in the middle of nowhere in the house and we don’t go there. That bathroom could go without usage for a month and before, we'd have to go back there and scour the amount of stain off of the bowl. But now, it doesn’t matter if it’s for a month or three months, there is no brown water or residue of any kind. The other thing I noticed that is extremely different is how our skin feels after showering. I have a brother up in Ohio and a sister out in Texas, and they’ve both commented on that as well. My sister said that in Texas, she would use $9 worth of conditioner on her hair because it would be all frizzy and dried out. But she was here for the week and she had not used any conditioner on her hair.

I have recommended Pelican to many people at this point. If you’re gonna buy something, Pelican is the one they should buy. I researched multiple systems and I had people come out to the house. These were people who were in the business of selling this stuff but they couldn't answer any of the questions that I had. They were 40 and 50-year-old residents passing themselves off as professionals. On the other hand, the man from Pelican who was on the phone with me answered all of my questions perfectly. He was a young man but was very informative and very knowledgeable. Even Pelican’s website was very informative. It answered all of my questions.

On top of that, the rep was also extremely accommodating. I am a disabled veteran and once he found that out, he looked diligently for any programs that could offer me some discounting as a veteran. He found a few that fit the bill and saved me some money. He was outstanding. The guy should either get a raise or a promotion. In fact, we went to the point of writing a letter on his behalf to the president of the company.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter/Softener Combo). You may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement UV filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I looked at different types of home filtering systems and water softeners and I’ve had the old style water salt type things before, but I didn’t wanna go that way. When living in California, they’re not too keen on it. A LifeSource person came out and did a demonstration for me in-home and I liked the way their system was, but I started researching and found Pelican Water Systems, so, from there, that’s where I got started. I knew we have the hard water here because I used to live in Las Vegas in Nevada and we had extremely hard water there. We had a system there as well, although it wasn’t a Pelican. I was concerned that I needed the system here. It was a new construction home and I wanted to get it started off right. We had only been in it for about six months and it was already starting to show some calcium deposits and spots, so I wanted to get a system.

Pelican recommended a company that wasn’t even close to where we live. They were about 60 miles away, so I just went with a local plumbing company and had them make me a bid in coming out and installing it once I got the system shipped. I had just the water filtering system with one tank at first and we had it for almost two years. I was so impressed with what I had, but I talked to my next door neighbor and he actually went with the whole of the dual system. My wife said that she would really like to have the softer water and seeing what was my neighbor's once he had it installed, I decided to go back and reordered the softener as well after a few months. We’ve had that in for a good year.

Pelican told me it would take a while for the system to start breaking down whatever build-up I had in the pipe, and sure enough, every so often, I had gone back a couple of times after a few months and had taken out my aerators and rinsed them out. Sure enough, there were still little deposits breaking loose and coming together. In fact, it filters so well. At first, there were only two of us and I had changed the filter down from five months to four months to three months. It gives us a range of how much we use it, how many people are in our household, and how often we should change our filters. Now, every three months I change the filter because when I pull it out, it has really collected a lot of particles and I can see it in the filtering system, so it’s really working and it really does a good job. The water is much softer and I don’t see any new additional build-up on any of the faucet heads. It really has made a difference.

I talked to my friend next door and a couple of people I know down in the neighborhood into buying one, but they went with much more expensive units and water systems. My neighbor across the street has one of the local water softener guys. He said it comes with replacement of the tank every month type thing and he’s considering changing it out. He wanted to see how well mine works. He’s interested and he has done some online research, too, that he is considering getting the Pelican as well.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear your Pelican System really has made a difference and the water is much softer and you don’t see any new additional build-up on any of the faucet heads. Thanks for recommending Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: May 5, 2019

I love this filter for my shower. My hair color doesn’t fade from the chlorine and I don’t need a moisturizer. I can’t believe I waited so long to buy. I had been let down before by another brand but I’ll be using Pelican forever.

Original review: April 13, 2019

3-Stage Premium Shower Filter 5 ft want with model number PSF-WC looks good in our bathroom. We will also use it for our special child for her special needs. We choose it for our health and avoid damage to our hair.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Spent nearly $5000 on equipment, $900 on installation, only to replace system with Culligan Salt system about a year and a half later. I spend numerous hours with support trying to "dial in" the bleach/water combination on the phone with them (to which I joked "I might as well be a Pelican water technician at this point.") I requested a full refund 17 days after 90 day warranty policy. They refused. After several hundreds of dollars of ruined clothes, rust stained sinks and toilets, and just overall anger, I called Culligan to put in their system. I'm selling the Pelican system with full disclosure they have no intentions of selling a good product and/or good service after. One of the worst purchases of my life.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Purchased the countertop filtration works better than the competitors Pur Filtration. Water tastes great. Purchased the shower filter and no more chlorine, etc. Hair comes out squicky clean. I will be a Customer for life. Pelican is a great company that delivers as advertised.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that your drinking water has improved. Now that you have your Shower Filter/Counter Top Filter and are happy with the water quality you may want to consider signing up for our Water Shields Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement shower filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: March 31, 2019

I purchased a whole house salt free softener, plus filter and UV light. Had it installed in August. 7 months later, I continue to have white spots on all the bathroom faucets, sinks, shower doors, glasses and dishes. I have had a water test done by Pelican and another facility, the water hardness was 294.00. Which is considered very hard water. I called Pelican on numerous occasions to discuss the white spots and was told they should easily wipe off. Who wants to wipe down everything every day to get spots off? My husband called to complain as well, the customer service person tried to tell me to buy another product of theirs to get rid of the spots, when they told me the only way to get rid of the spots is through a reverse osmosis system, which can cost thousands of dollars. Poor customer service, bad products, the system was replaced with a Culligan system. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We live in South Texas and get our water from our own well. About four years ago, I ordered and installed a large system costing well over $3000. It has NEVER worked properly. I'm sure we have very high levels of hard water, but the company clearly said this system would make it soft and safe. After only four years of marginal service, one of my tanks leaks, so I have had to bypass it. Mainly: we have never had soft, mineral-free water. Showers must be cleaned frequently to clear the stains, faucets all get cooped up with lime, dishwasher works well only if we add a rinsing chemical, etc. etc. Even after reviewing the system at least twice on the company's website, I have never heard from them. Nobody has shown any concern. I would recommend bypassing their systems.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the review. Our records indicate that our support team has reached out to you and is currently working on resolving your concern.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: March 7, 2019

We purchased the Pelican PSE2000 Whole House Filter-Softener system in February 2014. In January 2019 (after 4 years) we had to replace the whole system. Our appliances began to fail and our faucets were getting damaged from the hard water. The PSE2000 system did not soften our hard water. I would be cautious about spending approximately $2,700 for a system that does not soften the water. Once we replaced the system with a different brand, our hard water scaling and hard water issues disappeared.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the review. Our records indicate that our support team has reached out to you and is currently addressing your concerns.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Pelican PSF-1W 3 stage premium shower filter w. 5 ft. wand - Love this product. Had a bad experience with the Aquasauna shower filter leaking. The Pelican shower filter was leak proof. I liked the clear instructions that came with the Pelican. It was nice feature that Pelican provided teflon tape to prevent leaking. I really appreciate the simple filter change setup (much more difficult with the Aquasauna). My hair is softer after showering with the Pelican. My itchy skin, because of dry winter conditions, has also improved. Great purchase!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We had horrible water and so we began researching water treatment systems online. We found Pelican and purchased a pre-filter carbon system, a water softener, and a UV Light from them. After installing those myself, our water has tasted better.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I had concerns about the water and what was in it, and what shouldn't be in it. I wanted to filter the water and get as much of the chlorine out of it as I could. I called Pelican Water Systems and I liked the response of their personnel. I also liked the product and the way it was designed. I ended up purchasing the shower filter system and the under the sink drinking water filter system. I've called them about one issue and spoke with Mike. He was very responsive. He even rectified the problem immediately. So far, I’ve been very satisfied with all of my dealings with Pelican. Their customer service reps are very good, and for that reason, I have chosen to stay with them. Also, I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We have PFAS in our area so I looked into having a water system. The sales consultant did an excellent job answering the particulars to all my questions that were necessary for me to make a decision in purchasing. I got the country well system that fills 1800. I got the information, I saw the unit and I had my company install. We do different things but Pelican installed it and did the job that was necessary. However, I also installed the softener system and being a septic system, I did not wanna use salt. I noticed that there was a build-up on the faucets.

I wasn't expecting 100% removal but I was a little disappointed in the removal of build-up for the faucets. I'm not trying to point any fingers and saying that Pelican misrepresented their product but I was under the impression that it would do a better job in removing the different elements in the system. I don't think it is but overall, I'm satisfied with it. I would recommend the Pelican system and the people who I dealt with. They were polite and resourceful. Their demeanor was something that I would expect to be professional as a business.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I had Culligan and I wasn't happy with them. Then, I had one that came from Lowe's and with leaks and all sorts of problems with water on the lawn, I wasn't satisfied with them either. When I saw Pelican's ad, I said I would give them a call and what they led me to is to go to the online to look at the products they had. I saw one I thought was going to be better, but it wasn't. It had to do with water softening and I have had enough of that. Once that was straightened out, we had no problem at all. I got a system that takes out the chlorine and the lead. We made an arrangement and the technician came out and put the new system in. We haven't had a problem since.

You have to be patient with the service because their service people are in different areas. And if they're far from your home, you have to wait and set up an appointment where the person can get there. That was the only problem we had. They recommended three different technicians and I was trying to get the one closest to me but I didn't get a response from that. I went down the list and I finally got a guy who came out. We had to set up an appointment because he was kinda far away and he had other work to do in the area.

He was very polite when he came out and he explained everything, including the pluses and minuses of the system and things that I would have to do. Like for my washing machine, I would have to make smaller loads because this particular system only does five gallons a minute. And the washing machine takes a whole bunch of water. What I've been doing to work that problem out is doing smaller machines so that the filtration system can be effective.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I had a water filter inside the refrigerator that I was using before that brings filtered water and ice through the door. All of a sudden, that filter burst wide open and put water all over my kitchen. I got a Pelican product thereafter because it has a little light on it that told me when it needed replacement. I didn't see any other company with products that have that feature. When I got the system at first, I used it on top of the counter for a while until I got a drill to drill through a standstill sink. I mounted it underneath about a week later. Though I haven't noticed any difference with my water since then, having the Pelican system has been more convenient because it's underneath my sink.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I started looking for a filter on the internet based on water quality, taste and different things. I asked Pelican Water Systems if they had a product that would work for all the different chemicals and things that were in the water that would take care of it. There's a high concentration of chlorine in my water and they were adding fluoride. I know fluoride did quite a few things but I was trying to eliminate as much of it as I could. I asked a bunch of questions and Pelican recommended the product. Their knowledge about it was top-notch. I got the reverse osmosis and under sink unit. It has little tap which comes out just so you can fill containers. I did the installation and being an older guy, there was a struggle to do things way up under the sink. It was hard to get in there but I got it done.

I have noticed that the water quality has been good but it doesn't take long to taper off. The filter is expensive as well. I could tell the difference in the taste almost within half the time that they say that it would change. They said 18 months but for about six to nine months, the taste started to change. I've told Pelican about it but the alternative is more expensive. For now, I'm just doing what I can. With the RO system there, there's an acidic side that drains and has an air gap in the faucet. When you tie it into the drain and if you have a disposal connected to the drain, that disposal clogs up the end of that acid drain line, then the water runs out on the counter or the sink top. I called the tech department and they asked if there was any way to put it through a non-disposal side. I don't have one of those. So, I told them what my experience was and they were grateful for the update.

As soon as you run the disposal, it starts to clog up the end of the pipe because the pressure's coming out going down the drain. Now, I got water running out on the top of the sink or I have to clean the pipe all the time. It's not really a win situation. If they had an application where it could tie into a vertical upstream above and if I could tie it in vertically, then that would work a lot better. Nevertheless, Pelican's fine. They're a lot better than some of the other water filter things that I experienced which were more expensive and less effective.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I had a plumber install a new faucet in my kitchen sink. I saw the hard water buildup on the bottom of the faucet and I decided that I needed to get some kind of softener for the house. I went online and Pelican Water Systems was the best so I went for them. I told the rep that I had hard water scales buildup. He was very informative and he told me that it would even help some of the pipes that were in the house clear up over time. You don’t have to flush it with the salt or whatever electric. You also don’t have to flush it at night although I am getting ready to change the sediment filter. I felt the difference right away since having the system installed and I feel good about the investment.

I have a little chap on the front of the refrigerator for water and I used to get white buildup in the cup down below. It doesn’t do that anymore. The filter last longer in the refrigerator. Once the system was in, it has not been a problem. It has helped my humidifier as well. I have an osmosis system in front of my humidifier to help that run a little cleaner. I’ve got three filters on the osmosis system that probably are not working as hard as they did before the Pelican system was put in. I'm very happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Pelican Water Systems seemed to have good prices and support. So, I ended up purchasing a single carbon tank from them. I installed the unit myself and the experience was pretty cut-and-dry. Anybody who has basic plumbing knowledge can do it. I have the tank for five years now and the only thing I hate about it is that sometimes, it shoots the carbon up into the toilet tank. It seems like when you get a big surge of water, some of that carbon will escape out of that filter and it will end up in the water line. Also, over the five years that I've had the tank, I had to shut it down for a couple of days because I had to replace the carbon bed. During that time, I noticed a chlorine taste in the water but it was something that I have forgotten about for the last five years. I would recommend Pelican Water Systems.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We had 85% damage done in our home due to the hurricane. It tore up our well house where we had the water softeners and the pumps. It turned everything upside down and broke it loose. It was a complete disaster. So, I started looking for a new water treatment unit. I was told that the Pelican unit is good in taking rust out of the water and making the water softer. The sales rep advised me to think about it and call him back if I was interested. I called him back after a few days and told him I was interested in their unit. He asked if I had a salt unit and I said yes. I only had acquired a salt unit and he told me that as long as I had a salt unit, the Pelican unit would work well.

My wife and I installed the unit. We set up the filter, backwashed it, and hooked it up. So far, the unit has worked great and it's some of the best water that we've ever had. There's no rust in the water and the commodes stay pretty and white. It's a good unit to go with. It's one of the best units that I got my hands on because it is not electric but just plugged into the line. I'm very satisfied and I would recommend Pelican. As a matter of fact, I told my neighbor about our Pelican water treatment unit because he was looking for one too.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

The house that we moved into has three tankless hot water heaters and when we started using the showers, we noticed the deposits in the faucets. Our water comes from wells in the neighborhood and with a high amount of calcium, we realized our faucets would get clogged so we started researching and found Pelican. The prices looked reasonable so I ordered the system. The first one I ordered was a no salt unit. I have that put in but it wasn’t helping. Pelican's reps were very nice and said they'll exchange it. I shipped that unit back and they sent me another system which uses salt, and I’ve had it ever since. It works great and I’ve been very satisfied since I got it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I bought a water filter from Pelican for my shower two years. I bought it online. I clicked "Buy" and it came to my doorstep. This is my second replacement filter. It takes about 30 seconds to take the filter off and put another one back on. I love it. It keeps my shower a lot cleaner. I also like showering in filtered water. It’s very, very nice. I don’t know if I could shower in hard water anymore.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased to hear that you love your Pelican System. We have said it often but we do believe we make the best shower filter on the market. To help you ensure you change your filter on time you may want to consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto Ship program.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I used to have the water filtering system with the salt but it was getting old and their rep used to come every year and charge me $99. I read about Pelican and when they showed up with the showroom on wheel, I got convinced that it was a good product to buy. I changed a filter already one time, and it seems to be working fine. There's a difference on the water.

However, I could feel my hands dry already and I'm wondering if this is how the water should be. I also noticed that when I take a shower, the water sometimes feels slippery or slimy. I spent a lot of money so a free yearly test for quality control would be appropriate just to check and see if I'm drinking the right stuff. Nevertheless, I would still recommend them even though my previous provider said Pelican wasn't good.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Pelican Water PSF-1W-C1 Premium Shower Filter Combo - Did not have too much problems installing this, it took two times installing the filter body as I was afraid of tightening it too much. Basically you have to use common sense and use Teflon tape provided with the kit, only tools I used was a pair of good pliers and a scissors to cut the Teflon tape, (Sharp Ones) and a Cresent Wrench, Installation went Smoothly. Took a shower after installing and love that the Chlorine is gone along with a good bunch of the Fluoride, and other heavy metals present. Did not have the itches from too much Chlorine, have to say there is pretty good water her In parts of Alaska, just they add too many Chems.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the response, we are so pleased you like your Pelican shower filter. We are so pleased to hear that your water quality is much better and the chlorine is gone. Excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I've been through three water softeners in 25 years and I've had enough of them. My family members have complained about the salty taste in the water sometimes and I figured that there has got to be a better way. I searched for water systems online and Pelican Water Systems came up. I knew what I wanted, so I contacted their customer service and placed an order. The people I dealt with were great. The service was quick and my order arrived in a timely manner and without damage. It was easy to assemble and put together. The water system is wonderful and I've noticed a difference with our water since having it. People should check out Pelican's system and take advantage of it.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased to hear the water is wonderful and you have noticed a difference with our water since having it. Also, we are pleased you were happy with the service our Water Specialist gave you, they are trained to understand water quality problems and then work with clients to recommend a system that best meets your needs.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We had lousy water and decided to have the Pelican water system for iron installed. Our water has been significantly better since. Also, the reps we talked with were helpful and our interaction with them was good.

Pelican Water response

We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you received as well as the water is significantly better since installing the Pelican System.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We live in the desert and we have super hard water. I was looking for something that would make it a little bit more comfortable after showering as I have eczema. I did an online search, came across Pelican Water Systems and found something that would work. The online ordering process was super simple - it was just a matter of figuring out the right style for our bathroom. I did the installation of the shower filter myself and then I sent in the form for the automatic renewal and refills that come every six months.

It's been two months since I got the shower filter and so far, my experience has been good. The biggest change that I have observed since having the filter was that I do not feel completely dried out after getting out of the shower. With hard water, your hair stays knotted even if you're using a conditioner. But with the filtering, my hair has been a lot easier to manage. I've recommended Pelican to a few people already.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

When we moved into our house, I have white hair but within one week, my hair turned orange. It was really bad and that was from all the rust in our water. The water tasted and smelled bad as well. Also, the toilets were ruined and the tanks were full of rust. I couldn't get the rust out of the bathtub so I ended up stripping all the finish by using super harsh cleaners.

We got the $6,000 Pelican system which includes the whole house filter and an iron filter. Then, right after we had the system put in, all our dishes were cloudy and there was something in the water that made it stick to our dishes and we couldn't get it off. So, they installed the Tannin water filter. Also, when we didn't have the filters, we had to come out, fill with bleach, change the filter and put in the salt and we had to do all that with our gross water. Now, although I'm not used to it, I have to be on top of changing the filter better.

The water has been great since although we still have a few issues from time to time as the water level changes. My hair is a little on the yellower side now, but not orange anymore and that's good. We also don't have any rust on anything although there is a little bit that runs down the toilet but the rust is dissolving in there and cleaning up. We're really happy with the progress of the water and I will recommend Pelican.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your feedback, doing research on the best system to treat well water is definitely worth your time and effort. At Pelican we have a large portfolio of products that can address many problems relating to color, taste and odor found in well water. We even provide a rapid 12 water test that is available across the USA.

Pelican Water Systems expert review by Greg Chick

Pelican Water Systems is a salt free water treatment system company that was founded in 2007. The company, headquartered in Deland, Florida, specializes in filtration more than softening, although they do both. They are well known for creating drinking water that tastes fresh and clean.

• Eco-friendly: The company is run with a focus on the environment and sustainability, and they are a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.

• Whole home systems: Pelican Water sells whole home systems to filter or soften the water that comes to every tap or faucet of a house.

• DIY installation: The systems sold by Pelican require only simple, DIY installation, which is a budget-friendly option. Professionals from the company can also install the systems.

• Free shipping: The company promises free shipping for all of their treatment systems and products.

• Community giving: Pelican Water Systems gives back to organizations in their community, and they support organizations including American Cancer Society and International Bird Rescue.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Pelican Water Company Information