Call toll free
4.70/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

592 Pelican Water Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I purchased a whole house filter system. Two years later (July 2018) purchased a Water Softener. According to a certified testing lab, the water softener is not working. For 29 days, I called, left voicemails and emails and nobody from Pelican has responded. They responded when I was spending money taking their advice, but now that I have a very small issue, no response. Very frustrating.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review, sorry we didn't follow up sooner with you, we understand that we have now contacted and resolved the issue you had. Thank you for your patience with us and for continuing to provide us with the feedback we need to be a better Company every day.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I originally purchased a salt free "softener" that didn’t soften the water at all! I exchanged that for a salt system for a $300+. Had it installed only to find resin in my bathtub. I am VERY unhappy!!! Did I also mention I purchased a sediment and whole house filter from them as well. I can’t say if they do or don’t work but I can say that after spending thousands of dollars and hours researching, installing, driving home to meet delivery driver etc to have a broken system is a sign that there is poor quality control at Pelican.

I should have known that when I unboxed the salt softener and there was resin all over the bottom of the box that there would be a problem. Honestly, I would just like a full refund, they can have their equipment back and I'll go get a $500 system from Lowe’s and probably be more happy. Looking forward to hearing from Pelican to see how they can make this right. They can start by having a licensed plumber come to my house and clean out my plumbing and all my appliances.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review. Our records indicate that we have now contacted and resolved the issue. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional questions.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

There was heavy iron in the water. I looked into a water treatment system and the sales consultant from Pelican Water Systems came out. He did an examination on water, confirmed that we were heavy on iron, and recommended their homeowner thing, so I went with that. He gave me clarification on how the system works, I accepted the plan there, and he left the tank here. Then the installers came out and they were very good. They put it in and rigged it up, however, I had to rebuild my shed that I had over the pump system because their iron tank was taller than the roof. So, I had to restructure the roof's area then we got the system in.

We had a lot of problems with the system after that. About two days after they put it in, the little box that supplies the power to the timer went out. Pelican sent me a new one then I put it in and it has been fine since then. I purchased the number four system which has the iron, the chlorine, and the other tank for our home system. Later on, I had them come back out again. I wanted a water softener in it because the water was still too hard, so I bought that and added it to the system.

But we still had problems and I called the installer about them. He happened to be in the area and he came back and found the problem. The system wasn't flushing the iron tank completely when it went through its cycle at night, so he put a washer in there with a larger opening and it put more water in there, which got rid of the grayish and the bad taste that was coming out of it. Also, there was a yellow one every two or three days and by putting the bigger washer in it and having more water flush into the iron tank, it was able to completely flush the iron tank. We've been living with that now and it seems to be good.

I was very dissatisfied at first because it took quite a bit to tune up the system. But James, the head installer, was very sharp and very knowledgeable. He helped me a lot with it and we got it cleared up now, though, it has taken about five months to get everything cleared up. But now I don't have the same graying or the yellow one in anymore, and the water taste is a lot better. Also, since having the system installed, the water doesn't have the iron. It took the water softener about two weeks before it started working effectively, but now, we can suds up in the shower.

My neighbor next door, who has the same problems with his water, came over and talked to me. He wanted to know what I thought of my system because he was thinking about getting one as well. I told him that for the first five months, I thought I was making a big mistake. The system had to be tuned-up then Pelican increased the chlorine a bit and had to get the flushing system to work better. But I told him that it is starting to work okay now though he is still watching to see whether he wants to put one in or not.

So far, I've changed the sediment filters and James came up here, took the chlorine unit off, and cleaned it because it was heavily coated in iron. He cleaned all of that off a little earlier than I needed to. I'm watching the system to see whether Pelican is gonna take care of the problem, but so far, since James was here, the problem has been taken care of and the water softener is working. Pelican also sent me their special water test when I called in about the problem. They were suspecting I had something else, although James said that I didn't. I called them about two weeks later and they came back and said that my well looks great. I told them that nobody called me, so I didn't know what was going on, and the response has been a little negative. Other than that, the evaluation was good and the system itself is better than what I had initially with the old salt water softener system. Also, the frustration that I went through was very concerning especially considering the price that I paid for, but I'm okay with it right now.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review. The water chemistry in Private wells can present challenges for any system. However, here at Pelican we have the best products to address most issues as well as the most experienced water specialists for the best recommendations.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Since I moved to Florida, my gray hair had turned yellow. I thought a water softener might help with the shower. I researched on the internet and found Pelican. I decided to try the little attachment that goes on the main shower to see if that would help my hair color. Unfortunately, it didn't but my skin is a little less dry.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that your skin has improved. Our records indicate that you purchased a Shower Filter. Please keep in mind that a Shower Filter only filters the water. You may want to consider one of our Water Softeners, if you would like to soften the water. Our Water Specialists would be glad to consult with you. Please feel free to contact us for a deeper discussion.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We had an illness in the family where we needed clearer water. Pelican Water had the configuration I wanted and they are a company in Florida where we live. Their sales consultants were very helpful when we discussed our concerns. They were very professional and knowledgeable too. Also, the pricing that was given to me was very clear. I got the filtration system which has the carbon canister with the pre-filter setup and the UV filter. Since the system was installed, the water is softer and our testing shows that it is cleaner from chemicals and sediment.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter with UV Combo). So glad to hear your water is softer and your testing shows that it is cleaner from chemicals and sediment. You may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement UV filters when you need them at a special discounted price. checkout once you decide to purchase. .

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Our water is terrible here in Abilene, but it's better now with our Pelican Water System. We have been using it for seven years and our water looks good and tastes better than city water and we also don’t smell chlorine. I wanted better water for the animals and I was told my yard would respond to this water. Their sales rep was very polite and knowledgeable, and he answered all our questions. Then we had a plumber help originally but when we changed the medium not very long ago, we did it ourselves. I called the company and their rep told me where the video was and it was such a great help because they did it step-by-step. We also referred to it three times to be sure we were not missing a step. Overall, it's a good system and it's working well.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for being a long time Pelican customer and for your review. So glad to hear you have been using it for seven years and your water looks good and tastes better than city water and you also don’t smell chlorine. Thanks for referring Pelican.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The house that I bought has a shower filter system from Pelican. It had been there so long. Then the filter burst when I left the shower on too long. I noticed a difference on my skin when I didn't use it so I got a refill quickly. I ordered a new system after I researched the Pelican company and then I installed it myself. Finding a product or information on the Pelican website was quite easy. However, the filter they sent to me leaked so I sent a picture and right away and they have sent me a proper refill that works. I'm quite happy with them.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the review. Very nice to hear you found our website easy to use and you are happy with the service you received. Now that you have your shower filter, you may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement shower filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

We have a well and the water is hard and has a lot of minerals. It was just killing my hair and no matter what kind of shampoo-conditioner I used, it was still not making me happy. Pelican got really high recommendations from people on our local community Facebook group so I decided to go online and see, and they were absolutely correct. I ordered the Pelican shower unit online and when I installed it, I noticed the difference immediately. It was very easy to install and use. And, I love it.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the response, we are so pleased you like your Pelican shower filter, we have said it often but we do believe we make the best shower filter on the market. To help you ensure you change your filter on time your could consider signing up for our Water Shield auto ship program.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I have a rental property where I put a Culligan Water System. My tenant had been in the house for two weeks and he called and said that the white tile in the shower was already brown and the water in the toilet was getting snotty looking. So, a little bit of research, I found out that Culligan is just a good boat anchor and not good for much of anything else. So, the Pelican representative here in Florida told me to send him a sample of the water. Once he gave me the result of my water, he made a recommendation and I got the water system for the entire house. I got the chlorinator, the pre-filter, UV light, water conditioner, the water softener and the carbon filter that helps take the chlorine out. They had the equipment shipped here in a day and I had my plumber install it.

The only problem I had was with my UV light. I thought it didn't work and I had to call customer service a couple of times, so they sent me a new one. Come to find out, if I stick the UV light itself into the tube and plug it up, it doesn’t necessarily make all your electrical contacts. So, the technician told me to plug the power into the light tube, stick it into the holding fixture itself and then when I did that, it started working.

I give my tenant a gallon of bleach every month when he comes to pay rent and he's pretty much keeping up with that. I'm going to check the pre-filter the 1st of October which would be three months in. I would check the filter system and I bought an extra filter while I was getting my UV light swapped out, too. So, those were the things that needed to be done with the water system. Still, I've asked my tenant the last couple of months that he has come over if he has had any problem with the water there, and he said there has been none. Overall, I had a pretty decent experience with Pelican and I'd recommend them.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the review. We often hear that the old technology salt systems are costly and troublesome to maintain, so we are so please after research and talking to our Water Specialists you decided to go with a Pelican System. Thanks for recommending Pelican.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I was re-piped and I'm so tired of the hard water so I decided it was time for a water treatment. Plus I remodelled my master bath and I didn't want that shower head filter in my new shower because my new shower was just too gorgeous. I have purchased my shower head filter from Pelican and my plumber also recommended the Pelican system. I also researched about four or five other companies before I settled on Pelican. I went to their website and ordered the combo system. It was very easy to find the product I was looking for.

Also, the experience with the rep was good. We had a problem with some of the housings that were delivered to me because they were delivered broken but he did great. Pelican was able to replace those housings. The filter does the trick. I love my water. My water tastes better than bottled water and I like how it affects my hair in the shower. I'm also not seeing any hard water deposits anywhere in my house from the faucets or around the drains. As a result of my purchase, three of my friends are also buying the same unit and using my plumber to install them.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear your water tastes better than bottled water and you like how it affects your hair in the shower. Also, very nice to hear that you are not seeing any hard water deposits anywhere in your house from the faucets or around the drains. Thanks for referring Pelican.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We had a different water system and it was a bit of walk from the garage down to the basement to put salt in, so I was looking for something salt-free. I went on the internet and Pelican Water popped up. I ordered everything from them online and had a local plumber install the system. The only problem was that the filter got stuck and I was trying to take it off but the tool that Pelican provided to remove it broke. So, I ordered a second tool and that got broken as well. I went out and bought a belt wrench and was able to get the filter housing off to change the filter. Pelican's wrench to remove the filter should be beefed up, so it could be a little stronger. But other than that, we have a plumber installing a second water system from Pelican at our home in Florida. The plumber recommended Pelican and he's taking care of it all there. If other people are looking for a salt-less system, I would recommend Pelican Water.

Pelican Water response

We often hear that the old technology salt systems are costly and troublesome to maintain, so we are please to hear after research you decided to go with a Pelican System. We often through our database help customers find a local plumber to install the systems and as you experienced they do a good job. Thanks for recommending Pelican.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Our water’s hard in our area and we were having a little bit of trouble with dry skin. We decided that we need to soften the water a little bit and I found Pelican Water Systems on the internet. Their reps are very good and helpful. Anybody I dealt with over the phone when I ordered was fine. We got the salt water softener and I installed the system myself. However, my biggest complaint was that I didn’t feel like any of the instructions that came with it were thorough enough and so that it consequently made me have to make about three phone calls to discuss stuff so that I did everything right. Other than that, the system is very easy to maintain and it has lived up to what I expected. I've noticed the difference in the water. So, I would certainly recommend Pelican to a friend.

Pelican Water response

We do pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team. We have a lot of fantastic videos on our website as well as YouTube. Now that you have your Pelican System, you may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We had a water test that came back with coliform bacteria so we needed a water treatment system. We went through a whole bunch of different questions with the sales guy of Pelican, Mike. He spent a good amount of time working with me and he was very helpful. I called a question during installation because it looked like there was something about the system that was maybe missing, but it didn’t even belong in the box. It was something extra that some people need but most people don’t and they were really wonderful. I’m really happy with them. We got their UV Sterilizer. We need to have a bulb changed once a year for maintenance and that’s it. When we had the water tested again the problem was no longer there so it worked.

Pelican Water response
Finding bacteria in your water can be a scary experience, so we are pleased to hear that you bought a UV system. Our Water Specialists and Technical support team are here 6 days a week to help our customers so its great to hear that you got great support from them as you installed the units yourself.

With a UV System, you should consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto ship program that sends you replacement bulbs when you need them at discounted prices.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I wanted a water filtration system and I did my research online. My friend had Halo, which was just a water softener, so that wasn’t enough. Then I found Pelican and they gave me a great price. So, I paid less when I made my purchase on the internet. After that, Pelican promptly sent a rep who was really nice. Then I negotiated with Expert Plumbing for the installation of the system. When I called Expert Plumbing and asked if I should get Halo or Pelican, they told me to get Pelican because it's a good system. They thought highly of Pelican and they were tickled about it. And the day the guy from Expert Plumbing was supposed to put it in, he quit on them. But it was fine because the owner himself came out and put it in.

So far, the Pelican system is working great. I got it for my whole house that is over 3,000 square feet with three and a half baths. The Pelican system adds value to the home and it’s a plus any way you look at it. If somebody walks into my house, they’re gonna pick my house over one that doesn’t have a water filtration system. I’ve got the double tanks and the filter and they can see all the dirt and debris if there’s any. And if you open the system, you have to be careful because it’s up high and you have to hold it underneath because it has water in it.

I love my Pelican water system. The water tastes good and everything’s good. With Pelican, I don’t have to change the system out for a very long time. I just gotta change that filter, which the rep thought six months to a year would be fine. Now I don’t have all the hard water stains up on my faucets but I have to wet a paper towel in vinegar and lay it up there for about a few hours then the stain comes off after I scrape it. I don’t have it all off but I don’t see any more white stains and my dishes don’t have that smoke-like gray fog on the glass anymore.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that you love your Pelican System. We often hear from customers that having a Water Filter/Softener helps add value to the home in the event you ever decide to sell the home.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Where I live in Florida, we have hard water and it is bad. I had different guys come in and they gave me some crazy prices, like $6,000 and $7,000. I wasn't about to want to spend that kind of money. So Pelican was in my field. Their price was good and I felt comfortable with their system. There was one guy who was gonna come up and put a filter system into a big tank. The water I was gonna use was inside of this tank and I didn't like that kind of a system. In comparison, the Pelican system seemed to be a fairly good system to have. I wouldn't have to replace salt all the time and I could just use that filter. The main filter is good for five years and the water filter is to be replaced every three or four months according to how bad your water has been.

The Pelican sales rep recommended what system would be good for me and I got two tanks and then the second tank for the water filter. Then I called him to help me install the system. He gave me information on how to do it and it was easy for me to put it in after talking to him. There are different ways of installing it and I did the bypass way where I could shut it off and run it through my system without it being on. He was a very helpful individual and he did a good job. I couldn't ask for anything more. I've also been happy with the system. I noticed that taking showers is very different now.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter/Softener Combo). We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We were moving to Texas and the home we bought had a well with VERY hard water and sulfur odor issues. Professional well testing was done along with a water analysis. No bacteria - very clean water, but very hard water. I have had a liver transplant and am always aware of food and water safety being a retired RN. We called and explained our challenges and asked for their professional opinion on what system would solve our concerns. We ended up spending $2600+ on a system and another $1500 for installation by their recommended installer. It fixed the sulfur odor, I'll give it that.

The system looks like a drunk monkey installed it. None of the lines are level, there is NO shutoff valve so we can't even bypass the system. It is impossible to run 2 faucets at once or the flow drops to a slow trickle - thank goodness it is only my husband and I. I should also mention that the home inspection revealed that the water pressure was on the high side prior to this system being installed. I called today to see if something could be done. The service person had a very kinda "so what" attitude. No solution or suggestions offered, just "too bad".

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear the installer you hired did not do the job in a satisfactory way. Since you hired and paid that installer separate from Pelican Water, we recommend you contact them about the quality of their install.

Regarding your claim of our system being a total waste of money and very shady; We reviewed your live chat transcript with our agents and you never once mentioned you were concerned with or had hard water. Your only concern was the following: "My husband and I bought a home in Texas that has well water. I am concerned about the water quality. We had it tested, and there is no bacteria. There is however a nasty sulphuric smell. What can you recommend for us?"

We sold you the system that would resolve the issues you told us about which was the sulfur and bacteria. As you noted in your feedback the system has resolved those water quality issues. The conversation you had with technical support today explained that you would have to add a softener to deal with hard water, so a suggestion and solution was offered.

We would be happy to send you a copy of that live chat transcript for you to review the conversation you had with our sales rep. We are always available for any additional questions.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We moved into a new house and the water was not great. I purchased the single carbon canister and sediment filter from Pelican and everything was done online. The website was well laid out, very informative and very easy to deal with. Then I installed the system myself and that went really well. It was a piece of cake and now, I'm seeing actual results with the product. The smell of the water is better and the water definitely tastes better. I’m also not seeing as many water stains.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review. So glad to hear you are seeing actual results with the product. The smell of the water is better and the water definitely tastes better. also you are not seeing as many water stains.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The water in the house doesn’t taste good at all and the Pelican consultant understood exactly what the problem was. He made several suggestions and didn’t try to sell me anything. He just told me what they have that would work to rectify my problem. Putting the tanks and getting all that stuff in was pretty straightforward. I bought an additional installation kit that they offer and used almost all the parts that came in it. I hired a professional plumber to put it in and I wanted to make sure that this was a permanent installation as far as the piping and everything goes and I wanted it done right. I ended up putting in all-copper and that was a very expensive installation. My installation cost as much as the tank system did itself.

Also, I suggested to Pelican that instead of giving me one of the hose coupling, they should have put two of them in there because it would have made it a lot easier to drain the thing and refill it. The hose coupling is screwed onto the tank that a garden hose can be put on so that it can be filled up with one garden hose and then stick another garden hose on the other side to drain it out. It’s used when flushing the tank out and I would have paid for it in the kit. It would have been no problem to me. It was worth it to do that. At some point, I will call them and purchase one and have them send it to me. Other than that, I’m very happy the way the system came in, the way it works, and the look. It's a whole-home filtration system and everything in the house is filtered. Also, it fixed the problem and made the water completely different-tasting. The water tastes good and it doesn’t have any aftertaste.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that your system is performing and there is no longer an after taste to the water. You may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We have some skin irritation from the chlorine in the water. I had a system before I bought Pelican Water and whatever they used in the carbon filters wasn’t agreeing with me so I had to find a different one. I did a lot of research on the internet and I also spoke with the sales rep when I purchased the system. He gave me the information I was looking for. The full house system I got takes a lot of the chlorine out and the water smells like water now instead of like bleach. Also, my skin has improved. Pelican Water is definitely something to look at to clean up the water where it is more refreshing to drink and to use to bathe.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day. We are pleased to hear that you found our website easy to use and our Water Consultants helpful. So glad to hear your system takes a lot of the chlorine out and it no longer smells like bleach and you have seen improvements in your skin.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The city water sucks. It has a taste and it’s got a smell to it because of the rain and all the other crap. I purchased the whole house system with the ultraviolet lighting add-on from Pelican. I covered all the bases and the water coming into the system now has no taste or aftertaste. It’s very clean and very clear water. We don't have crud all around our dishes either. When we drained our dishes, we used to get all that white crap from the city water. They either don’t control the chlorine or put so much in it. They figured they’d kill everybody. If you go buy a little bit of chlorine and pour it on concrete, it will leave a hole right through your concrete wall. It's an acid. And you're gonna drink it? They use so many parts per billion but it's still a part that's going into my body. It’s silly but since installing the system, even my dog is healthier.

My wife also said that if you have rigorous city water or regular water of any kind, your toilets are constantly dirty. We have one bathroom in the middle of nowhere in the house and we don’t go there. That bathroom could go without usage for a month and before, we'd have to go back there and scour the amount of stain off of the bowl. But now, it doesn’t matter if it’s for a month or three months, there is no brown water or residue of any kind. The other thing I noticed that is extremely different is how our skin feels after showering. I have a brother up in Ohio and a sister out in Texas, and they’ve both commented on that as well. My sister said that in Texas, she would use $9 worth of conditioner on her hair because it would be all frizzy and dried out. But she was here for the week and she had not used any conditioner on her hair.

I have recommended Pelican to many people at this point. If you’re gonna buy something, Pelican is the one they should buy. I researched multiple systems and I had people come out to the house. These were people who were in the business of selling this stuff but they couldn't answer any of the questions that I had. They were 40 and 50-year-old residents passing themselves off as professionals. On the other hand, the man from Pelican who was on the phone with me answered all of my questions perfectly. He was a young man but was very informative and very knowledgeable. Even Pelican’s website was very informative. It answered all of my questions.

On top of that, the rep was also extremely accommodating. I am a disabled veteran and once he found that out, he looked diligently for any programs that could offer me some discounting as a veteran. He found a few that fit the bill and saved me some money. He was outstanding. The guy should either get a raise or a promotion. In fact, we went to the point of writing a letter on his behalf to the president of the company.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter/Softener Combo). You may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement UV filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The EWG reports led me to research water treatment systems and the Pelican online site was fine. We also called in and the sales rep from Pelican Water was extremely knowledgeable and he had answers to every question. We were pointed to the right water system so that was very helpful. We bought the full house system and the water has been completely different since the installation. The taste is a million times better, and our skin and hair are softer and different. Working with Pelican has been a fabulous experience and anyone who's considering them should go for it.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that working with Pelican has been a fabulous experience and anyone who's considering them should go for it. Also, nice to hear since buying the combo the water has been completely different and taste a million times better, and your skin and hair are softer.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We had really hard water at our house and it didn't taste very good. Then the existing saltwater softener we had finally crapped out so I got Pelican Water. I did everything online. I researched their products and read some reviews and researched some other brands and settled with them. I got the whole-home filtration and water softener. The water definitely tastes better and it's more clear. We don't see as much debris or whatever you would call it in there. I don't think it's super soft, but I didn't really ever like the salt softeners because they were too soft. I would recommend Pelican.

Pelican Water response

Thanks for the review, we are finding more and more customers are moving away from the old technology salt based softeners and moving to the easy maintenance, salt free water softener and filtration products. Great to hear that you have noticed a difference in your water quality since installing the Pelican System.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We have extremely hard water and I had a salt system and I wanted to get rid of it. I called Pelican and it was excellent. The rep asked me questions and told me what would be the best system for me. We ended up getting a NatureSoft and something to deionize the water. I’ve greatly noticed that the quality of the water is much better than with the salt system. Also, I can water my plants now and I can drink the water without any concerns. The system is working great.

Pelican Water response

Congrats on your recent purchase of a Pelican System. So glad to gear that you can now drink the water without any concerns and the system is performing great. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I highly suggest purchasing from Pelican Water. I always had a mistrust of water and so I purchased from their online site the reverse osmosis unit, as well as the sediment filter and water softener. The website is straightforward and I had also spoken to a rep regarding a filter. When they came for installation, they were extremely helpful. It was painless and they got here really quick. Since the installation of the system, the water doesn't smell of chlorine and the mineral content is down. The water is much more pleasant to drink now. I was really pleased with my experience. While I have no complaints, it would be nice if they had people in different places that they could recommend to install their system.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day. We are pleased to hear that you found our website easy to use and our Water Consultants knowledgeable and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We went from a residential well to a home on a community well, which had chlorine and I didn’t want that in the water. I’m very handy and I researched which filter I wanted to get. Pelican maintains the warranty even if it’s user-installed while in some other systems, you have to have the vendor put it in and I didn't want that for a water filter. Their system works extremely well and it’s very easy to install. It’s doing exactly what I hoped it would do. Now there's no chlorine anymore, which is what I expected. The only recommendation I would make is if somebody buys the system, it should be easy enough to do the warranty registration online instead of sending the card in. I still have the card sitting in my office so I haven’t pursued the warranty.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased to hear that your water quality is much better and the chlorine is gone. Excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day. Very nice to hear system works extremely well and it’s very easy to install. It’s doing exactly what you hoped it would do. You may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

There was calcium buildup on our faucets in the bathrooms and then the sinks, and I wanted something other than a water softener that uses salt. I had a salt system in another house that I lived in in Kansas and I didn't want to have that again. There were different alternatives to using the salt and I saw the good reviews of Pelican online.

I had also talked with somebody from Pelican a couple years ago. We had some back and forth but I wasn't able to purchase the system at that time. But I still had it at the back of my mind that I wanted to try to get back to him. I still had his name and I called this time. I got somebody else but that person was just as helpful. I ordered the 1600 with him and the price seemed reasonable. Pelican has different discounts going on all the time so I got a good value for the system I got. The water feels different now. The soap feels different on your body when you're trying to get it off. The dishwasher and the kitchen sink are also cleaner. They don't have all the buildup. We're happy. The 1600 is a good product. It is quality and it is 100% as far as the output of what I wanted out of it. It's perfect.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I was searching for a system online and I saw Pelican, looked at their reviews and looked what they were offering, including how the system works and operates. The sales rep was great. He tested the water and showed me because my water was not that bad. He told me the truth, which I liked because some salespeople will tell you a lie so that you can buy more. I got the system for the whole house because I only had iron oxide in the water and I installed it myself. Whatever questions I had, I called the technical support team and they were very helpful. It was an excellent service.

Now when we take a shower, we have more suds than before and we use less soap than we usually would. The iron oxide that was in the water would leave rings in the toilet, and I don’t see that anymore. I would recommend Pelican because from a clinical point of view, older people should go with this type of system instead of the salt system because the salt system might create more health issues for them than this one.

Pelican Water response

Working through our website and buying online is a great way to do your research and then select your product. Our marketing team will be so happy to hear you found the experience positive. We are also delighted to hear that now when you take a shower, you have more suds than before and you use less soap.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We were using so many plastic bottles and wanted to drink the tap water. I was also getting a lot of scale on my showerhead and some faucets, so I looked into water treatment systems. I went online, read the Pelican brochure and bought the big water filter. It was the whole-house water filter which was $900 or $1100. Everything I clicked on the website went through and the system came delivered in no time at all. The installation was very easy and the system worked out really well. The biggest difference since the system was installed would be some of the scales in the shower have disappeared. The water tastes better now and we're also drinking water, making coffee and cooking with tap water.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear the installation was easy and the water tastes better now and your also drinking water, making coffee and cooking with tap water.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We just moved to this new area and it had hard water, so we were trying to eliminate that. We picked Pelican to do the deed and the consultant explained their system very well to us. Since having the system, the water tastes better. I've recommended it to a couple people in the area here.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased to hear that the Pelican system is providing you with much improved water quality and the water now tastes better. Thanks for recommending Pelican.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Every August, our water system here in Florida gets flushed with chlorine. When that happens, the water smells terrible and drinking it is like drinking water out of a pool. I knew which system I wanted and then I called Pelican, asked a couple of questions about it and had gotten input about it. I bought a non-salt softener. Their rep was very easy to work with and their website was very easy to navigate. Plus, they confirmed that I made the right choice. The system had excellent quality. The water was so bad in the house that it started to descale when they brought the new system in. I ended up getting a new water heater because it was so corroded by the lack of a decent water. The water is softer and much better now and the filter gets cleaner. They changed the carbon a couple of months ago and it was good for four years since it was first put in.

Pelican Water response

We are so pleased to hear that your water quality is much better and the chlorine is gone. Excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day. Very nice to hear the water is softer and much better now and the filter gets cleaner.

Pelican Water Systems expert review by Greg Chick

Pelican Water Systems is a salt free water treatment system company that was founded in 2007. The company, headquartered in Deland, Florida, specializes in filtration more than softening, although they do both. They are well known for creating drinking water that tastes fresh and clean.

• Eco-friendly: The company is run with a focus on the environment and sustainability, and they are a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.

• Whole home systems: Pelican Water sells whole home systems to filter or soften the water that comes to every tap or faucet of a house.

• DIY installation: The systems sold by Pelican require only simple, DIY installation, which is a budget-friendly option. Professionals from the company can also install the systems.

• Free shipping: The company promises free shipping for all of their treatment systems and products.

• Community giving: Pelican Water Systems gives back to organizations in their community, and they support organizations including American Cancer Society and International Bird Rescue.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Pelican Water Company Information