Call toll free
4.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Pelican Water Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We live in the Texas Hill Country and this is one of the hardest limestone infiltrated areas of the country. We had a house with no filtration, and we had coliform positive in the well water when we purchased the house, so we needed to install a system. My husband is a combat veteran that has sensitivities when the coliform is increased in the water. Pelican was more expensive, but their website was able to educate me on each of the steps for each of the parts of the things that I had purchased, and that was important because I couldn't make any mistakes in what exactly I needed for my house based on my husband's health issues.

I did the installation myself, but when I had technical questions, I called and completely noted out with specific valve installation. They enjoyed my noting out on these little specifics and details because I was calling for specific questions, and then they gave me those answers. The only thing that wasn't communicated clearly was the issue of the water conditioner, and how it is still gonna have the hard water, not taking the hardness out of the water. If the hardness is still there, a UV filter won't work because the hardness and the particulates of the limestone particles that are in the water will cast a shadow if you use a UV light. And if there's a little piece of bacteria behind the little particle, it won't kill it. So, we put a chlorinator on the system before it goes into the Pelican part of my system. That way, any bacteria is killed. And then once it goes into my Pelican home system, it gets filtered in multi-stages.

We have such hard water, we got the RO filter at the sink about three years ago, and then we had to change the filter on it. We noted that was when the water started tasting bad, then we changed the filter on it for the first time. As soon as we changed the filter once it was at its capacity, the water tasted fine again, but it was expensive. We were looking at what we pay and the price of buying bottled water versus using an RO filter, and I don't know if we saved money that way. If I would have bought water for the last two years, it would be the same or maybe less than the cost of the RO filter plus having to change the RO filter's filter. For the other filters on the system, I don't buy new Pelican ones, but I take them out, wash them and put them back in.

I have a couple of pre-filters and then I have a carbon filter to remove the chlorine that I had used. And then, it goes into the water conditioner. I also needed a post-filter so I added it to catch anything that bubbled up out of the carbon filter and the water conditioner. I have a RO filter under my sink if we want the water without the hardness. But the hardness is still there, it just doesn't stick in the rest of the house.

Our home had no filtration system before, and when we had to pull the toilets to replace the little rings on the toilets, there was so much hard water. It was probably 35% caked on on the side. By putting Pelican's water conditioner, it loosened up all that limestone. It was like the pipes were getting cleaned because the build-up within the pipes and big chunks of stuff were coming out for a week. We knew that was gonna happen because that's what it said on the website to expect when you have this kind of limestone build-up, and we haven't had any problems.

I like to show off my system because I got 14 stages in the whole thing combined. I like to see and educate the people around here because we don't have any industry out here in the Texas Hill Country. I have recommended Pelican, but most people around here said the whole system is too expensive, and in San Antonio, there are some other companies that are offering the same sorts of steps in the system but at cheaper rates. It doesn't look as nice because they don't have nice stainless-steel cylinders, but a lot of people are looking simply at the price.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I built a home out in the country where they had community water. It was terrible and my wife would not bathe in the water. So, we immediately began to research and try to find ways to improve the water quality in our home. Pelican stood out above the others, so we went with them. Our consultant, Mike, was really good. He was very knowledgeable and informative. He was also very patient with explaining the benefits of purchasing a Pelican as opposed to some of the other types of system. I'm a contractor and that is still kinda confusing to me. There are so many different aspects that you don’t understand when it comes to water systems because there are so many different softeners, purifiers, and triple osmosis systems. And it was a bit overwhelming. But Mike was very meticulous in explaining and making a recommendation based on our situation.

The installation also went really well. I did it myself and that was a piece of cake. It was a very smooth installation and I did it in a couple of hours. Also, Mike was very good at explaining what to expect in the packaging and he was very good at preparing me on what to look for. But I had an issue with a part and I had to get another part shipped out. It turned out that there was a coupling that you use to attach your copper pipe from your home to the actual tank. Other than that, I was experiencing a very small and slow leak, so I would come into the garage and I’d see a puddle of water. When I would put one of the rubber O-rings on and I would screw it in, it was in a bind, so it wasn’t able to make that seal proper.

In the end, they shipped me another O-ring and as I shut my water off and I pulled it off, I saw that it was in a bind. I just put some lubricant on it then I was able to put it back on it. It engaged properly and created that seal to stop the leak. So, I would recommend if Pelican could find a way to pre-lube those O-rings. If they pre-lube them, that’ll alleviate the issue I had. But it could be an isolated event. Still, it was a headache to try to figure out what it was. But once I figured that out and I got that, it was a three-minute fix and it completed fixed it. In fact, I never even got a chance to put on the new part because I was able to rectify it by addressing it on the O-part. But Pelican was very good at sending the part out and trying to help me resolve the issue.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My brother-in-law outside of Nashville has a Pelican System. We had moved from Ocala, Florida to Dandridge, Tennessee and we built a house here, and unfortunately, the water quality here is horrible. It’s very hard and it’s not good for anything. I thought my brother-in-law had told me about Culligan, so I called up Culligan, but it’s a salt system and I did not want it. The Culligan system is around $68,000. Then, he said that his system was called Pelican. I called Lowe’s at first to get the system, but they wanted six to eight weeks to get it and they wanted to charge me with a big tax on it, so my brother-in-law said, “Why don’t you just call Pelican direct? They have some specials on it. You can probably buy it directly.”

I called Pelican and ordered the system over the phone, and I got it within three days. I talked to one of their sales reps and he was very charismatic, very informative, and very knowledgeable. He was very kind and he helped me out. He followed up with me and called me back to make sure I received the system. He was a good salesman and he did his job well. Pelican got a good staff there. He also sent my brother-in-law a three-pack of something filters for his Pelican System, which he loved.

I got the whole house filtration system and the water softening system, so I got the two tanks and I got the small filter that goes with it also. I had a handyman do the installation of it. Pelican got a great product and it’s really nice. I let other people know about it and the people that bought my house are actually putting a system there in Florida. As far as the quality of the water, it is outstanding. There are three people in my area building houses and I had mentioned on my Facebook about Pelican's system and what success I’ve had with it and how good it is, and that it’s a saltless system. I raved about everything.

They had asked me about my system, so I forwarded them Pelican's website, so they can go on there. I think that they are putting systems in their brand-new houses. I told them to mention my name if they can when they talk to Pelican, so they would know where they got the referral from. It’s really a quality system and I am very happy with it. I’m very pro their system. It does what it’s supposed to do. I actually did a water test on it after it was installed and it was a way incredible improvement.

Pelican Water response

We appreciate your positive feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter/Softener Combo). We are so pleased to hear that the water quality is outstanding.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I had some issues with the water smell, and I had some rust and calcium buildup on a lot of my fixtures in the house. I was looking for a water filtration company and while I was looking online, Pelican happened to pop up. I worked with one specific guy that helped me identify some of the issues. I purchased just a sampling kit. One of the reasons was because they offered a credit for the sample. If you bought or purchased the filter system through them, they would credit you to whatever you spent on the test kit. And so, once I had the results from my test, I had a representative call me to explain to me what they saw on the sample, and it didn’t really line up as much as some of the issues I was having. And so, I took pictures of it and sent it to him, and then we discussed it again, and that’s how I ended up buying the right filter for my home.

The rep was really helpful and he spent as much time with me as I needed. I stayed on the phone with him one day for 45 minutes asking questions, trying to understand why it was best fit, if that was the only solution, and so on and so forth. I have his email as well because he helped me purchase everything. My mom lives about a mile from me and has the same issues. So, I purchased the exact same system for her and I did it through him. And then, even today, I emailed him about some issues I was having over the weekend with the smell in my water, to see if it was something I needed to adjust on the filtration side, and he very promptly emailed me back and asked questions, and helped me to resolve the issue.

I've got two different systems. Because of the level of hardness in the water, I needed a salt-based softener. So, I have a whole house softener system that I purchased from Pelican. And then, because I purchased a salt-based softener, I had to install an under the sink reverse osmosis filter for drinking water and water to cook with. That was why I purchased two different filters.

The setup and installation were fairly simple. I was able to get it done in a few hours on my own. The biggest issue I had with my water was really around my clothing. And so, that was really the driver. My faucets were a little bit frustrating, but it was something I was able to live with without it being a huge ordeal. But what happened when I washed my clothes, because of the hardness of the water, it was like the soap wouldn’t penetrate the water and clean my clothes. So, the instant I would sweat, my clothes would get a very sour smell. Since I've had my Pelican system, my clothes smell clean, and it's a drastic difference. It's much better. I would definitely recommend Pelican.

Pelican Water response

We are pleased to hear since installation of your Pelican system, your clothes smell clean, and it's a drastic difference. Its always a good idea to get your water tested, Pelican offers a rapid water test kit for just $99.00 which is refundable against a future purchase of a Pelican system.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

However as IBM mainframe salespeople said years ago; "No one was ever sorry they bought the best there is." We purchased this house (2 miles west of Crescent Beach, FL) in June of 2014 and had been struggling with our well water since then. The house sits on a cypress knoll atop a perched water table. As such well water is abundant and we only have to lift it 12 to 14 feet, however it is rich in tannin, minerals, dissolved iron and iron oxidizing bacteria; surprisingly it does not reek of sulfur dioxide. -- i.e. it is pretty much the typical shallow well water one sees in N.E. Florida.

The previous owners had installed a potassium permanganate point-of-entry system (PPPOES) and a typical salt-based softener -- both of which had seen better days, with blue-green crap all over the garage floor from the leaking in all directions PPPOES. We replaced the softener and installed an Iron Breaker system in the line from the well before the softener. These took care of the minerals and for a while the iron issues, the tannin remained. But after 3 years the Iron Breaker was breaking down, despite its claimed (when we bought it) 10-15 year life.

So, last October I set out to find an alternative. The two big players here are Culligan and Pelican -- I called both for a "free in-home consultation". The Culligan salesperson lived up fully to what I had expected from a housecall water treatment system salesman (he must have previously worked for Kirby or Electrolux); he knew a lot about selling the system, but very little else. His "testing" was performed with a simple dip-stick kit like the numerous ones I have stacked up in the garage, and his final suggestion was a 20" cartridge carbon filter, a potassium permanganate injection system and a new salt-based softener.

OTH the fellow from Pelican (John) impressed myself (a retired ME -- BSME MIT '69) and my wife with his knowledge of both their equipment and how it worked. He tested our water with a digital field testing system and sent samples to Pelican's lab for additional testing and confirmation. John returned a week later, explained the test results, presented and explained in detail their proposed system and how it would all work together to provide clean usable water. Proceeding was an easy decision.

A week later (third-week November) it (a Pelican WF4/PT3 system) was installed; a 5 micron polyester filter to start things off, Followed by a chlorine injector to kill the iron reducing and other bacteria, Next is an iron & manganese greensand filter and a whole house carbon filter with a 600,000 gallon service life (5 years at 300 gallons/day!) -- these are installed in the pump house, in the garage is the PT3 salt-based tannin filter/softener.

The water is crystal clear, equally as good as bottled and much better than the filtered city water you get from the machines outside the grocery stores. We have had a recurrent issue though (Pelican has been right on it though, so it has just an issue, NOT a problem). A couple and a half weeks after installation my wife commented that the pressure in the shower was reduced. I too had noticed this a week or so earlier but left it to the system "settling in". But responding to SWMBO's words and investigating I found that the flow meter in the PT3 control head was no longer functioning (The PT3 control head displays current flow in gpm). The flow meter consists of a small water flow driven turbine wheel in a venturi in the control head's outlet. It had apparently jammed and as the automatic regeneration cycle of the PT3 is triggered by accumulated flow this meant it would never regenerate on its own.

Pelican responded immediately, overnight shipping a new control head and arranging to have it installed the next day. This was done, and inspection proved that indeed the turbine wheel was jammed though we could not determined by what other than that it was a very small something (the clearance between the turbine and venturi is quite precise).

Unfortunately 92 gallons later it jammed again. Pelican sent their top technician the next day; sure enough the turbine was jammed, but once again we could not determine by what. He speculated that perhaps a manufacturing defect had resulted in the filter tank down-tube's lower strainer being damaged allowing media into the stream and recommended that a new tank be installed. This was the Friday before Christmas. On Wednesday we received a new tank, and their tech came yesterday (New Year's Eve day) to install it. Having had company we have now used over 400 gallons of water and it appears all will be well in the new year. KUDOS to Pelican and their support team -- I find myself not at all sorry I bought the best there is! SWMBO=She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your feedback, so glad to hear you had a great experience with our In-Home Water Specialists and the water is crystal clear, equally as good as bottled and much better than the filtered city water you get from the machines outside the grocery stores.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I had a water softener installed, but it went bad. So, I checked prices of water systems on the internet, looked at Home Depot and Lowe's, then I called Pelican and got a system from them. The guy on the phone was nice. The installation took me about an hour, which was quick, and I already had one installed so it made it much easier. The system I have now seems to work better and it doesn’t use as much salt. I like it and so far, the experience is great.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I liked Pelican Water System because I didn’t have to put salt and it doesn’t add salt into my water. When I had a question, I just called and their reps were always extremely helpful and accommodating. However, it was very difficult to find someone who could install it. And even though they said you could do it yourself, you really need a professional. And even some professionals were stumped with it, because it’s a new system and it’s a little complicated. They said that any plumber should be able to do it. So, that was a little bit of a problem. And it did cost me a lot. It could be just that the plumber was very expensive, but it took him hours to install. He even had to come back to adjust it because it wasn’t working right, which means it’s not as easy as they say.

The water is not as soft as it is with my water softener, but it’s soft enough. It’s not a water softener, per se, where you’re gonna have this really silky feeling, but it does the job. You don’t have all that scaly buildup around your faucets. It’s not as clear as it was with a water softener, but it’s fine and I’m okay with a little less, but a healthier system. Recently, we had to call them because we couldn’t get the cartridge off to change out the filter. They walked us through on how to do it, but no matter how we tried to remove it, it would not budge. But we finally got it off. I would recommend it to a friend, but honestly, the industry still has a way to go. And they are really pricey. I wish they could be a little cheaper.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Our water started changing from when we originally moved in 18 years ago. We had heard about Pelican many years ago when we still lived in Florida. We did a lot of research and Pelican was the best money for the buy. I installed the system myself, and I’m not a plumber, and it was very easy. Our Pelican water system is working out so well. I had a refrigerator repairman go down into my basement and I showed him the system. He took pictures and he’s gonna order the system from them too because he doesn't wanna pay 13,000 from Kinetico and some others.

So far, we’ve been very happy with them. I did make one mistake though. I thought the filter was good for a year. It’s only good for six to nine months, so I started picking up stains in my toilet. When I took that filter out, it must have weighed 40 pounds. But we’ve had a lot of construction in the area and you cannot hook up a new house and not get some sediment in. I have the dates and the filter times, and I’ll just call my friend in Florida who’s with Pelican about it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I know the water quality is terrible down here in South Florida, so when we moved into a new house, I knew I wanted to get a system to treat the water. I was blown away by the Pelican rep's professionalism. I got a three-unit system that has a sediment filter, and it also has a chlorine filter and a filter to soften the water. The installation was very professional and so far, I'm an extremely happy customer. Now the water is drinkable out of the faucets versus before when I had a chlorine taste in the water. Also, the softening of the water has had an effect on my wife's skin and her hair.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

We're rural and we have a well that tested positive for a form of bacteria. I researched on the internet and ordered UV water system from Pelican Water directly online. The installation was very easy and straightforward. Since then, our water tested negative for bacteria so it's doing its job. We've had the system for 12 months now and we had to renew the light bulb at 12 months. I ordered a new light bulb in advance and I didn't put it in right away. When I went to put it in, I discovered I got the wrong light bulb. Either my ordering was wrong or the order was read wrong. They would not take it back because it has been more than a few days since I bought it. That annoyed me a little. But I was pleased that the representative I talked with had a new light bulb at half the price.

Pelican Water Systems expert review by Greg Chick

Pelican Water Systems is a salt free water treatment system company that was founded in 2007. The company, headquartered in Deland, Florida, specializes in filtration more than softening, although they do both. They are well known for creating drinking water that tastes fresh and clean.

• Eco-friendly: The company is run with a focus on the environment and sustainability, and they are a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.

• Whole home systems: Pelican Water sells whole home systems to filter or soften the water that comes to every tap or faucet of a house.

• DIY installation: The systems sold by Pelican require only simple, DIY installation, which is a budget-friendly option. Professionals from the company can also install the systems.

• Free shipping: The company promises free shipping for all of their treatment systems and products.

• Community giving: Pelican Water Systems gives back to organizations in their community, and they support organizations including American Cancer Society and International Bird Rescue.

• Best for: Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply and rural customers using well water.

Profile picture of Greg Chick
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor

Greg Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.

Pelican Water Company Information