Call toll free
4.85/5
Based on 337 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2007, Pelican Water is a market leader in salt-free water softening and conditioning systems. Pelican Water Systems whole-house and point-of-use products include our NaturSoft Salt-Free Water Softener/Conditioner, Carbon Series Whole-House Filter, Drinking Systems, Shower Filters, UV Disinfection Systems and more. Pelican Water aims to provide purified water from every tap in your home. Don’t worry about what is in your water and start saving money. Give us a call today!

Pelican Water Systems Video
Pelican Water Systems Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

469 Pelican Water Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I live in Ontario, Canada and I had some water treatment issues with iron. I was trying to figure out what I could do and I didn't want to drill a well at that time. Pelican Water was straightforward with everything they have and they don't try to sell anything that you don't need. Their consultant was pretty knowledgeable, and I didn't have to go anywhere else for answers. Their website was pretty straightforward as well. I just researched one category for iron magnesium filter and I found the whole house water system. I purchased the whole system right away. The water quality is great since having the system. The iron magnesium is down and it's reasonably managed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

They really backflushed our city water and it had been really yellow for quite some time. Even when it cleared up, it had a very pungent chlorine smell, it was like drinking bleached water. We ordered the under-the-counter filter system online from Pelican Water Systems. It took a week for it to arrive and I installed it myself. It was easy and very simple. Moreover, it had very good instructions with it. The water tastes better now. It is a lot crisper and I could not taste any chlorine at all. I would definitely recommend Pelican Water Systems.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

The sales rep from Pelican Water described good form of information. He explained the systems and made sure I was going in the right direction. I already have a reverse osmosis and another house system before and I just needed to replace one of the existing systems. I ended up purchasing the two tanks salt-free system from Pelican Water and it's a good system. Their website was easy to manage and to walk through. And I got good information from the website as well.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Pelican was Very good. The unit was already installed in the house that I bought. I needed to replace the filter so I spoke to the sales consultant. He was very nice and he helped me out. I’ve been told the people that use those Brita filters have to replace them weekly here. The water in this city comes out of the tap and it is light brown. A lot of times it smells like sulfur, so it is not a good water source. With the water filtration system the water comes out clear, so I’m really happy. I just wish they had installed it before the washing machine but they did not. Nevertheless, their people are wonderful. I went to their site when I wanted to talk to somebody about some questions and they were very helpful. I was going to do it online but going in just seemed easier. Go ahead and get it in this town.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We've had our Pelican water system for a lot of years. And we always order filters from them. They ship it and we get it. It seems like a fair price and everything is hunky-dory. I keep track of it if we need new filters and I just tell Glen if we need to reorder. He either calls them or orders it online. But he does it more online in the last couple of years.

We live in the Pacific Northwest and we have good water to begin with. But I've got several applications for the water system because I've got three rental houses that are on it, and then ours and our daughter's. That's why we ordered so many filters. Three are on wells and two is on a fresh water spring to filter out gravel and fine filth that comes up in the well. We live on a lake that is a reservoir, and when that runoff is coming, the filters get the mud in it and you can see it.

Before we have the filters, we thought our water was crystal clear. but we noticed our toilet valve would clog up. My coffee pot, I seem to need to put the process through it sooner. When I got the filter, it filters out all the fine stuff that it doesn't clog the little valves and the coffee filter. I've got the old kind that you can't see into the filter what's going on into the unit. I just change mine out every three months no matter what. That's the cycle we do. Some of them would go six months in the summer, when it dries out and there's not much going on. It's hard to see in that white light stuff unless it's brown in there. It's dirt coming through. Especially on the spring, you can see the dirt coming down through. We're very pleased with Pelican. They do what they're supposed to do. We're very satisfied and we would recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pelican Water Systems?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I got three canisters for the whole house. Pelican Water Systems told me what the price was and what they figured the system would cost to be installed. Their sales consultants were detailed, and very good at explaining what the system was and what it did. The water up here is full of sediment, and the system balanced the sediment from the water basin.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I researched a lot of systems and I was happy with Pelican Water's price. I'm happy with the system. I only had it for a couple of months and the water is clean and soft. Their website was easy to navigate but we left it and had to call in order to have questions answered because they didn't tell everything online. The consultant that I dealt with was great. I have to call him back because he's going to get some carbon filters to take some of the egg smell out since I'm on a well, and we're going to put a new unit on the wall.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We saw Pelican on the net when I looked up for water filters because my wife said her hair was getting to dry. We bought a shower filter from Pelican to go on the shower and I installed it. The sales consultant said it would take all the impurities, such as chlorine, out of the water and then it should be fine after that. We have been using it for a month and a half now, and my wife has noticed the difference. I’d recommend what we are using.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I have the Pelican Water System for a year now. We had a previous treatment system that was not working well for us, and so we wanted to switch out to something else. I did my initial order online, which was easy to do. I did initial installation myself. It also happened that I needed a replacement UV bulb and stuff that I've done here recently. The interaction with the rep when ordering the bulb was easy. We did that through an online chat forum and it was fast. I installed the bulb myself. We enjoy our system and it's doing a good job.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We've been having hard water on our property. We have a water well for a while and we got sick of replacing faucets and shower heads. Based on Pelican's price and reviews, we went with them. I talked to their rep over the phone and he asked detailed questions. He also arranged for a water sample to collect the right data. He was great, easy to deal with, and knowledgeable in the subject matter. I was comfortable working with him, too. He didn’t really try to upsell or sell me something that I didn’t need and he sold me the right piece of equipment, a softener, model PS48.

I've called their technical helpline a couple of times when I was installing the unit. I had a couple of questions and they were very helpful. We've had it for about a month and it's been working very well. I noticed a difference in the water and I could tell based on my skin as it doesn’t dry out as much when taking a shower. I’m hoping that it’s going to address the issues with my plumbing system, all the corrosion, the water hardness, and the scaling. I’m a satisfied customer and I'd recommend them to anyone who has well water.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I have well water and I researched online and found Pelican Water. When I ordered online, it didn’t go through correctly so somebody called and helped me. I got the PC600 and I wish I would’ve talked to somebody because it only does half the job I needed. I wish I would’ve known what I needed for the correct system for a well. There's about 35% difference in clarity in my water and I’m still getting the staining. I called them up again to find out what was required for the other thing and they told me I needed this other softener. So now I’m looking at getting that stuff from another company because it's considerably cheaper for the rest of what I need. But still, I'm satisfied.

Pelican Water response

We are pleased to hear that overall you are satisfied. Its always a good idea to get your water tested on private well applications. Pelican offers a rapid water test kit for just $99.00 which is refundable against a future purchase of a Pelican system.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We wanted clean water and Pelican came up as the best. I put in the system eight years ago and have had a very good experience with them. I ordered the 600 online and on the website, they have a video on how to change the filters. It's the best installation video and a great sales piece. Moreover, the people I've been in contact with for help have been fantastic. They're a great company.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018 I got my water treatment system from Pelican Water Systems. I did everything online and it was pretty easy. Their website was easy to use. A sales consultant helped me at first when it was about a month before I bought it. I told him that I knew what I was doing and everything and then he gave me what I needed to buy.

My water used to smell because it was well water but now there is a big difference.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We have fairly hard water here and after I did my research on water softeners, I figured out that Pelican was a decent choice and a good fit for what we wanted. The installer from the company we got a hold of liked the system, and he didn't have much trouble doing the installation. The salt lather is a whole lot better now, and the water tastes better, too. We were drinking close to a case of bottled water a week, but that has stopped now. Pelican is a good product and it works really well. I couldn't be happier and I have recommended them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I already had a filter system which I didn't like so I looked for something that is very easy to install and exchange the cartridges. I did my research on the internet and found Pelican Water. I chose my system, ordered it online, and had a plumber come to the house and install it for me. And it was very easy to install that if I had a little bit more plumbing skills, I could have done it myself. Pelican is a good system. The pressure of the water is a little bit low but otherwise, my experience is very good. I have the system for six months now and although I haven’t exchanged the cartridges yet, it looks easy. I would highly recommend Pelican. It’s relatively inexpensive, too.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I live in the city where the water is terrible and I can smell and taste the bleach. The only way I could get to shower was to go to my son's house out in the country where he has a well. I used to live there, so I could tell that the water is different. I'm a health nut, and I read about how chemicals in the water affect our skin, so I looked online to find a filter system for my shower. I came across Pelican and the information on the website was clear, plus I read good reviews about them. I found the system that I wanted at a fair price, and the ordering process was simple and easy. I really like the Pelican filter that was put in my shower because my hair feels so soft and easy to manage now, and I can comb it. I'm 68 and my skin used to feel dry and crackly, but since I've started using Pelican, I don't even have to use lotion.

I wanted to get extra filters so I'd have some back-ups, and the man on the phone helped me. He said I should buy the ones without the shower head because it's cheaper than buying the filter by itself. He gave me a heads-up on the price, which I felt was a good idea, as it saved me a bit of money. I have enough filters for a year and a half to two years before I buy more of them because they last six months or so. I gave one filter to my son and he absolutely loved it, so we're both happy campers. From what I've experienced, everything was well done. The people at Pelican were very professional and friendly, and everything was true to the facts that they had on the internet. The system filters chemicals out and it has made a big difference. The Pelican Water System is amazing and it works perfectly, and I have recommended it to people.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I'm from Colorado and I never had to buy any type of filter before because they have fresh water there. When I came here, the water in Arizona was pretty bad. I saw the tank in my neighbor's house and I didn't know what it was so I started searching. Pelican came on in my Google search and I studied them. I saw that their product was being sold in multiple places like Amazon and Home Depot. Those are two business that I do business with a lot because their products are pretty good. I read reviews from both those companies and found nothing but great things about Pelican. Then I called the Pelican company that was based in Florida and asked a lot of questions from the gentleman before I bought from them.

Their consultant was very informative and was not a pushy guy. He waited for my questions, answered in detail, and didn't add anything just to say that one system was better than another. In fact, he never pulled the point that they were better than anybody else. He just told me exactly what I asked so, that was really positive for me. Their website was also user-friendly for dumb people like me. I kind of figured out what I needed, how big my house was and based on that, what the output would be, by myself a little bit. I confirmed that with their guy and he said the same thing.

I got a PC1000 and they installed it about first week of December. I had ScaleBlaster before, which was a tank-less lime reduction system that electronically took away whatever it was that was in the water, but I still had lime in my line so we knew that the water was wrong and not as good as what we got in Colorado. After we got the Pelican system, the water tastes very sweet and much better. My wife is very sensitive to water and she noticed that more than anything else. I saw the difference the very next day we had Pelican, too. The water goes in a cooler that comes with a filter and the taste overall has completely changed from what we were drinking before. It did what their consultant said it would and now, I don’t use bottled water anymore and drink right from the tap. I also told my brother in California to get one of their systems.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We are in West Michigan and we just started with the well water, but then there were also some chemicals in our tap water and, so we tried to get some systems. We have two little kids and two babies at home so we were trying to get some fresher and cleaner water for them. We have a friend who is a toxicologist so he was able to get us what kind of filter we needed and then we went from there. I purchased my Pelican system online and I found their website very easy to use.

We just purchased an under-the-counter reverse osmosis system for our kitchen sink. For the most part, we have been getting all of our drinking water from there and it is good. I was impressed with their CS reps. The instructions that we received for installation were parts that weren't completely clear in my mind. But then when I called in, they were able to explain everything really well and was able to get everything sorted and figured out really quickly. That was really nice to have. We already have recommended Pelican and I know some of our friends have already purchased it.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We have very hard water in our area which has a lot of chlorine in it. I did some research online and I found that Pelican's shower filter was the one that a lot of people seemed to be really happy with. We purchased one online and we've been satisfied with it. We had one little issue with the first one we bought but we called them and they took care of it right away. We purchased a second one and we have it for two months now. We like this one a little better because the design is a little different and it has a chrome casing. The other one was plain white and the one they had when they first came out. Now we don’t have issues with scalp conditions anymore. The product even makes the shower a lot cleaner and doesn’t get water spots like it used to.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Florida has crappy water so I ordered a Pelican Water system online for my shower. They shipped it and I put it up. I made one phone call regarding a charge on my statement that was my error and their rep was charming. He worked hard and set my mind at ease. Since having the system, the lather on my shampoo works better and my skin feels much nicer. Pelican Water is a great system with great value. It works well and I love it.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that you love your new filter and the lather on your shampoo works better and your skin feels much nicer. You may want to consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I've had problems with my skin ever since I started living in my house so I decided to try as much as possible to improve my skin. I then got a shower filter from Pelican and I've had a nice experience with them. Now the water comes out nice and I've noticed that my skin is smoother. I like that I can change the shower heads so I also got the shower head which has the removable handheld or stock up on the top and it’s very easy to replace them.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that your skin condition has improved now that you are using a Pelican shower filter. Your research would have told you that you absorb chlorine through your skin.

Now that you have your shower filter and are happy with the water quality you may want to sign up for our Water Shields Auto Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement shower filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We have such hard water where we live in Phoenix, and we have an evaporative cooler on top of the air conditioner. When it gets dry, the cooler works really well, and we have icicles and calcium hanging off of the cooler. I googled water systems and Pelican came up, and I looked at the company and read all the reviews. We were looking at other systems as well, but the reviews were saying that the system didn't do what their company said it was going to do, and calcium was the biggest thing. Pelican took care of our water and cleaned it up, and in a week, the calcium was gone. My experience with Pelican has been fantastic. It's a good system and it works beyond expectations.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I wanted to improve the bad water I had so I went with Pelican Water. I bought a whole house filter. After the installation the water is softer. I was able to return some of what they had sent me which I ended up not needing and they did a prompt refund. Pelican Water was easy to work with and depending on what people need they do a good job.

Pelican Water response

So glad to hear that your water is now softer after installing the Pelican System. We pride ourselves on customer service so thank you for the compliment on the ease of working with Pelican.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We got a little hard water where we live and our shower head used to get all crusty from it. I purchased a shower filter from Pelican Water Systems and their website was easy to navigate and had a lot of information. Since putting the filter in, I haven’t had any problems. It's working out for me really well.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the response, we are so pleased you like your Pelican shower filter, we have said it often but we do believe we make the best shower filter on the market. To help you ensure you change your filter on time your could consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto Ship program.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I started searching and I compared Pelican Water Systems with other systems and I found out that Pelican has a better system than the others. I now have the whole water system -- the water softener as well as the UV light. It was easy to find their website and the customer service people are very active because as soon as I started searching, the computer popped up a chat available and I started chatting with them. And right away they explained to me everything based on my needs. It was very easy to find out the information that I needed.

When the plumber was doing the installation he had a couple of questions and I called Pelican customer service and right away they took care of everything. The difference since I’ve had it installed is from the earth to space. First thing is the chlorine. Everyday I would close my faucet when I brush my teeth because the water smells of chlorine and it was horrible. The shower all around in the tile was all white with chlorine. But now all those problems disappeared. The water taste and the odor are different. Those people at Pelican have a great customer service. If you'll have any necessity, either online or the by the phone, they are very quick with their responses.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I was looking for something better than the regular Culligan water softener I had. I’m older and got tired of lifting those 40-pound bags of salt to try to get into the softener so I was looking for something wherein I wouldn’t have to do that. I researched and found the information on Pelican Water Systems, and then I had my son go online and check because he’s not only a computer whiz but also very talented when it comes to home repairs and stuff like that. So, he spoke to the service techs at the Pelican and he said it sounded reasonable and good. At first, he was concerned that he couldn’t understand how it would work without salt but after talking to him, he felt that it was a good idea. I was going to do it online but for some reason, I couldn’t so I called the rep and had them put the order in for me.

I had very good interactions with the sales rep . They were very helpful in explaining how it was going to work for my minimal knowledge of how it would work and also telling me that I needed to change filters every six months. So, I went ahead and ordered a couple of extra filters at the same time that I ordered. I was going to get just the water conditioner but I ended up getting the whole house water softener and conditioner because it was the better way to go for me in talking to the rep. The whole house water softener and conditioner cleans the water or takes everything out except the minerals in the water for drinking and cooking.

At first, I got frustrated and I let them know that I was very unhappy with the results so far that I was getting. They said it was easy to install and they said any household person with any little knowledge could do it. So, I called the plumber and I was shocked that I got charged for putting it in since the company said it was so easy to do but it wasn’t as easy as they explained it to be. The plumber told me that he would never put in another one at the low cost that he charged me. It was that bad. And it took him about five hours so it was a lot more expensive. He had never put one in before so even though I showed the diagram and how to do it, and he’s a well-known plumber here in my town, and it should have been a lot easier than it was.

I didn’t realize, 48 hours after we installed it, that I would have to flush it out and do all that stuff, which frustrated me because I couldn’t do it by myself. So, I had my son come over. It was in for probably two and a half weeks before I got to use it because I had to have it flushed. And they had a connector to connect the holes from outside to go flush through the system but I needed an extra connection to let it flow out. My son ended up holding a big bucket, like a 10 or 5-gallon pail and had to touch the water that was flushing out and then take it outside and do it. So, it was a little more difficult than what they explained it to be.

And then, when I first started using it, it had a film on my dishes, which I was concerned about. A tech got back to me and explained everything to me. And he said that the price that the plumber charged me was reasonable for what he had to do. So, if that’s true, then they shouldn’t say that it’s that easy to install.

And for the film that I found, he said to start using Lemi Shine, which was hard to find here on our little town. I found the booster and started using it. It works wonderful so I’m very pleased and satisfied with what was going on. I would recommend them to a friend but I would also tell them the problems I had so that they wouldn’t go through the same thing.

Pelican Water response

We are pleased to hear its working wonderful and you are very pleased and satisfied. We often hear that the old technology salt systems are costly and troublesome to maintain, so we are so please after research and talking to our Water Specialists you decided to go with a Pelican System.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

There was a health food store that was selling Pelican water systems and I went online and I looked at the product. I wanted no chlorine in my water and at that time, Pelican seemed to be the best. I knew what I wanted so I talked to them and I wanted to find out what was going to work best for me. I calculated on paper how much water I use in five years. I have had the system for four and a half years now and there is no odor, smell or taste in the water. When I needed the pre-filters, I ordered a couple of them. Pelican is a very good company and my experience with them has been very good.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I had a water softener and I wanted to replace it with a water filter. Our water tastes better now that we have the Pelican water system installed. Pelican's website was good, and their rep also explained everything to me. Everything was great.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for your review, excess chlorine in city water is an increasing problem we help address every day. Great choice in choosing our water filter. We are pleased to hear that you found our website easy to use and our Water Consultants knowledgeable and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Pelican Water's sales consultant has been helpful. I was looking for filters and I told him what I needed. He pointed me in the right direction, got the right filters and the combination, and helped me contact the support for issues. I ordered online, had everything set up, and then I had to contact the sales guy back so he would get credit for the sale. I purchased the full system which includes the magnesium filter, water filter, and water softener.

I went on Pelican Water's website to get instructions on how the set up would be and I did the installation myself and overall, it was very straightforward. I went to the instruction multiple times to make sure I had it all in the right order. The only issue I’ve had was how much chlorine I really needed and how to balance it out. But I’ve contacted the support for clarification on how much chlorine was needed and how to do the chlorine measuring. And the installation has been successful. So far, the water system seems to be doing what it’s supposed to be doing. I left town a couple of weeks after it got installed. And I feel the water started getting better. The softener function is working correctly. Glasses in the dishwasher are clearing up. And the smell on the water is gone so the sulfur and magnesium problems are gone. Overall, I’m happy.

Pelican Water response

Thank you for the review. So glad to hear you are happy and the softener function is working correctly. Glasses in the dishwasher are clearing up and the smell on the water as well as the the sulfur and magnesium problems are gone. We are also pleased to hear you were happy with the service our Water Specialists gave you as they are trained to understand water quality problems and then work with clients to recommend a system that best meets your needs.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The water in Hughson, California is very hard water, like 22 grains. It was terrible to drink and it caused us a lot of problems. We had a salt-based water softener but it was costing us too much money. I chatted with one guy from Pelican Water Systems online for one question and he gave me the answers. I took those answers and gave them to the local water authority in my town to see if there was a potential problem with using the system on the city water. The local guy said that the Pelican Water system should work fine. I got the NS3, the pre-filter and the carbon.

I installed the system myself and it was pretty easy to do. I used the plastic pipe instead of a copper pipe. I put a bypass as recommended but I had to do a lot of custom work. But it worked out fine. It does exactly what it should do and I'm reaping its benefits now. It's a water conditioner and now, a softener. There's no salt and there's no harm to the environment. I'm not wasting water or electricity.

But the water is not great for drinking. It is safe to drink according to the town but we don’t think so because we came from a well water back East. After the system has been running, there's no smell, hard water feel or slippery feel of the salt-based system. Everything seems to be working just fine and we can drink the water out of the tap if we wanted to, but we have it passing through a refrigerator and another filter and that’s really good. We use that all the time now. But I bought a test kit from Home Depot and strangely enough, it said that there are bacteria in the water. That bothers me so I'm going to get my water tested by the lab to make sure there’s nothing going on there.

Pelican Water Company Information

www.pelicanwater.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use