1.44/5
Based on 215 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Maytag Ranges/Ovens

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

359 Maytag Ranges/Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: March 17, 2016

We purchased a complete suite of Maytag kitchen appliances in September 2014 for $4300. We have had problems with every single piece. Yesterday we needed to clean the oven for the first time as we boiled over a pan of lasagna. Got out the instructions to how to use the "Aqua Lift" cleaning system. Found out that "Aqua Lift" is marketingese for "boy did we build a lot of profit margin into this oven by not putting a REAL self-cleaning unit into it." Instructions are to pour 2 cups of water into the bottom of the oven and press "clean." It heats up the water to about 150 degrees for 40 minutes. Guess what? YOU do all the work of cleaning out the oven. If I had wanted a non-self-cleaning oven, I would have bought a $400 basic stove instead of this bogus $969 stove. Will never buy Maytag again. We were taken advantage of.

Original review: March 16, 2016

Maytag Glass top model #MER8600DHO. I bought it because it got good consumer reviews. This is supposed to be a self clean oven but the steam system in this model is not very effective. It doesn't clean the oven. Would never buy a range again with this oven cleaning system. I wanted to try a glass top stove but wish I hadn't. It is harder to clean and the glass scratches. I really don't like the self clean oven system in this stove - it flat out doesn't work and it takes a lot of elbow grease to clean the oven. The oven however seems true to temperature and does a good job. Overall I am Ok with this stove but wouldn't purchase a glass top again.

Original review: March 16, 2016

Dual oven - one is a convection oven. Never used the bottom drawer so that was wasted on previous range. I purchased a white appliance to match my others. The white stove top is a pain. Too bad it wasn't black. I checked this model online and found a good price in the city. I contacted the local Home Depot and they did a price match less 10% - all a bonus. The ovens work great although I have not tried the self clean. I have read that similar models have problems related to the self clean feature - high heat and circuit boards. My plan is to have a fan directed at the top of the stove when I use it and the range hood fan going. The convection oven is great - hard to mess up a recipe with that. The dual ovens are truly a great feature - strongly recommend. The keep warm is great also - nice to have two things cooking at the same time. That being said - the bottom oven is low, but that is worth the extra cooking space.

Original review: March 16, 2016

Mine is a Maytag wall oven and I purchased it because I had a Maytag Range in the house before this and loved it. It is a very accurate oven. I would rate its accuracy with the Thermador wall oven which is one of the most expensive ovens. It heats quickly and stays within the range of temperature you are using. Everything comes out just right. I like going to a Maytag dealer who knows a particular brand or brands not a large dealer of many brands. Always do some homework since brands can change over time with who owns them and who is manufacturing them.

Original review: March 16, 2016

Maytag gas range 5 burners. Maytag is quality. Period. I doubt that other brands are made as well. From the handle of the oven door to the ease of cleaning the burners, you won't find better for the price. I look for quality and reliability. I read reviews. A deal breaker on any major purchased would be too many bad reviews and shoddy materials or construction. This range has 3 regular burners, one large burner and one small burner. The oven shelves easily adjust from one level to another. The controls are easy to reach and the timer and bake controls are easy to operate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: March 16, 2016

We purchased a Maytag, ELECTRIC range/oven, Model# MER8700DSO. Electric because GAS is not an option where we reside. Nothing bothers us, and the stainless steel finish is terrific! This machine works so well our only regret is not having it sooner. Poor warranty, poor construction, and poor performance would be a definite deal breaker, but thankfully, our investment in our appliances is paying off quite well! Do NOT pay for an extended warranty wherever you purchase the appliances as Maytag offers almost the same, but a little better and a little less money.

Original review: March 16, 2016

I did not purchase it. This range came with my home. The electric range works great. It is thorough and I don't have to worry about the gas being on and filling the house up. Electric may not be for everyone, but it is the way to go for me. I will look for similar if not the exact same make/model if a replacement is necessary. I don't mind spending a little extra to ensure the product will last. So many products don't last nowadays and it is sad.

I am not an avid cooker, actually I tend to mess up a lot of food recipes but the electric range helps me to reduce the number of problems I run across with the durability and accountability of the product. It cooks throughout the entire dish/pan and I have never had a problem with the unit working properly, just the user not working properly. Haha.

Original review: March 6, 2016

Turned the oven on, and it failed to light. A little while later, it started leaking gas into the house. I'm lucky the house didn't explode!

Original review: March 3, 2016

Maytag calls peeling paint a cosmetic issue. With a convection oven it could be a toxicity issue. Waiting for an answer to my question as the fan blows the peeling paint onto anything that is not covered. Don't put foil on the bottom as this compromises the paint due to design. Truly sorry to have purchased Maytag as this line is not the Maytag we grew up with! Old school ovens and products had the quality or workmanship to last.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

Less than four years ago we purchased a new set of Maytag appliances, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and upright freezer. To date, the only appliance we have not had a problem with is the microwave. The bottom element is not working on our stove model # MER8775AS. We will never buy Maytag or Whirlpool products again. Save yourself time and money!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

I have a major complaint with the Maytag double oven design. With the smaller oven above, if you spill any liquid while taking something out of the top oven, the liquid drips down between the two panes of glass on the lower oven door. This makes it impossible to clean. Maytag's reply - call a service rep and have him make a house call and take the door apart for you and clean it. Not warranty work so I would have to do this every few months. Also, when baking in the upper oven, cakes and cookies tend to overcook on the bottom as the dishes are so close to the element.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

Our circuit board has went out twice. The stove is not designed well. The oven vent sends hot air over the plastic panel / circuit board. It melts... The first one was under warranty and the second, only three years later, was not. This is a very expensive part and Maytag will not even talk about giving me a discount.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

I purchased a whole stainless steel kitchen from Lowe's and purchased all Maytag products because of the so called quality of Maytag. First we had to return the microwave because it was dented badly. We then notified Lowe's that the door on the refrigerator cold cut drawer falls off when opening the drawer. Service man said he would send a new door. Same problem. You can clearly see that the drawer and the refrigerator frame is deformed. Maytag says that the warranty does not cover cosmetics. The range has a aqua lift self-cleaning technology that simply sucks. The oven does not clean! I recommend that no one ever buy Maytag products. They are the worst! I should not have listened to the salesman and bought what I originally wanted - SAMSUNG!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2016

I purchased this oven in April 2015. I have had nothing but problems with the unit. The temperature is off. I have had the "probe" replaced in July and will be done again next week (January 26, 2016). The AquaLift self-cleaning feature does not work. I ran the self-cleaning feature about 8 times and back to back on several occasions. The service providers stated that it really doesn't work and there is nothing they can do about it. The front of my oven, above the vent, is stained from the oven exhaust. They said there is nothing they can do about that either.

The last service company that came out for a service call to check the oven temperature came without the proper tool to check the temperature and ended up snapping the propane line. I was given 6 month of a free extended warranty "for my inconvenience" and told that the company does not replace models. They will continue to come out and repair them. I will never buy another Maytag appliance again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

We had a house built in 2007 and bought all new Maytag appliances - washer, dryer, oven/range, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. Consequently, we spent many thousands of $ and Maytag made much money from our purchases. In the 7.5 years since we have been using these appliances, the dishwasher already had to be replaced, as fixing it would have cost just as much as buying a new one. But it's the range that I am so angry about. I have replaced the igniter 3 times since 2007, and last night, it went out again. I have spent $494 so far to keep replacing the igniter and once I make the service call to replace it AGAIN, it means I will have spent approx. $700 to keep fixing an appliance that is only 7.5 years old. Maytag says the warranty on the appliance is only for 1 year and will not budge on giving me a break on cost of parts and/or service. I will NEVER AGAIN purchase anything Maytag or recommend Maytag to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

The top of the range has blistered and has worn off. It cannot be cleaned. I spoke to a Maytag representative and was told to try and use magic eraser to clean around the burners. This did not work. The model number is mgr7775xs. Is there any solution to this problem. My range looks terrible.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2015

CHRISTMAS morning Set oven to 325 for ham. Control board caught fire and burnt wires and burnt inside of rear cover. It got hot enough to char the wood wall behind stove. This could have killed my family on CHRISTMAS.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

The first problem happened a month after we bought the horrible product. I had biscuits baking in the oven and the oven door locked itself like when in self-clean mode. Maytag sent out a repairman that had the part in his truck because they knew there was a problem with that model's door. I pointed out that the door does not shut properly, causing inaccurate heating and scorching on the outside of the oven door. The repairman insisted that it was shut properly, and that it was designed at the angle the door sits. He replaced the scorched part of the door, but it immediately scorched again. I have had the part replaced 3 times, and will not do so again until we sell the house.

I have spent over money over and over again to make the repair, because it makes the stove look like it is filthy with grease. Now, all the dots painted on the glass top are coming off, and the remaining black glass behind it also looks like burnt grease. It is so embarrassing when entertaining; but the stove is clean. I spent a lot of money for this, and it has been junk from day one. Avoid purchasing.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

We have had our oven for seven years this past October 2015 and has now been down for three weeks. Last February 2015 (8 months ago) we had to replace the bake igniter because the oven would not get up to temperature. The most recent incident happened a few days after Thanksgiving (2015), I was cooking dinner and noticed that the oven was not reaching desired temperature. I then opened the door to see if it was hot inside the oven and when I did it must have ignited making a huge poof and flames came out at me! Thank God my 12-year-old daughter had walked away from cooking with me to answer the telephone because the flames came out exactly where she had been standing!!!

I contacted Maytag and explained what had happened and how we could have had an explosion or someone could've burned. The first questions they did ask me was if anyone was injured or any damage to our house?!?! I was happy for that however, it also told me that this has happened before! They called the Maytag repairman in my area and "supposedly" made it a priority call in which he could not come until 12/10 which was two weeks after this happened. Therefore, my husband and I contacted a different appliance man who came out and told us it was the temperature sensor. Since fixing it, the oven works ok and cooks properly however, when initially lighting/igniting it is extremely loud and makes a very large/huge poof! It's as if the oven is filling up with gas and eventually lighting!

The other night when I lit it to show my husband it was so loud that it rattled the door and he immediately turned off the gas to it. I googled this and it said that it's basically a mini explosion where the oven is filling with gas and then igniting! It's to the point that we could lose everything we have worked for just to make a meal! We spend over a thousand dollars on our beautiful stainless steel convect oven. It's gorgeous and when working works great however, I'm petrified to use it now because I'm scared to being burned or exploding!

Now we start over and yesterday on Sunday I contacted the original Maytag repairman who said to call back Maytag again and he'll come immediately. Maytag originally told me on the phone that they would cover labor and the service call however, ironically enough they did not write that in the dispatch order! I'm outraged! What will it take before it's safe for our family and home! My husband is ready to junk it and buy a GE however, we do not have the money especially before Christmas to do so. Oh and let me add that the first week we had the oven we had to call them for the window seal to be replaced because it was hanging. So now seven years after owning it and 10 months apart we are having major issues. What happens if it's fixed and a year later it happens again? It could explode in our home!!! SCARED & IRATE WITH MAYTAG & WHIRLPOOL.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2015

I purchased this range from a Maytag outlet in Nov. 2006. No problems with it until Nov 2015. The oven igniter failed. This was serviced locally and replaced in an efficient manner by the local service tech. All is good until 2 days later when I decided it is time for an oven cleaning cycle. I set the cycle for Medium Soil (3hrs). After the conclusion of the clean cycle, the oven (bake) would not work. Called Maytag service, the service tech replaced burned up oven wiring as well as the igniter again. However, the cleaning cycle had taken out the gas safety valve control as well. I am now told there is no replacement oven gas safety valve unit available anywhere. I even called Maytag's 1-800 number and searched online only to find the part on backorder and not available.

I find this particularly frustrating in light that I spent over $1200 on a Maytag product I thought would bring way more than 9 years of service before it is deemed unrepairable. The average gas range lifetime is 18 years. In my opinion, not a good return for the investment. It's a shame because the rest of the range works and looks fine, which is now destined for the dump. I am replacing the Maytag with a $550. Frigidaire with manual cleaning. Will never buy another Maytag appliance or a self cleaning oven again. If the self cleaning feature has the potential to fry the controls, why would they offer such a feature, or why couldn't they warn one of the potential failure.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

Our oven is 3 years old and the last time I used the self clean option caused the control panel to malfunction. Now we have to buy a new panel. The repair guy online advises people not to use the self clean as this is a common problem!!! What? I can't use that feature? That is so ridiculous!!! Now we have to pay $300. Whatever happened to the Maytag claim to quality and you would never see a Maytag repair man? Something needs to be done about the problem of appliances and electronics being so poorly made and basically disposable.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

I purchased a unit in Nov 2013 and as of today Nov 2015, the handle fell off and the heater unit went bad. What ever happened to dependable appliances?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

The AquaLift Self-Cleaning is a very poor substitute for a normal high temperature Oven-Range. It gives as much work as an oven without any self-cleaning, as it does nothing to the sidewalls or the door. The minimum temperature is 170 Fahrenheit, too high to rise a dough.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

We 'inherited' this Maytag (Model MGR7662WW) when we bought our house this year. I love this unit. It cooks accurately, it's easy to clean and it's just rock solid in its performance. I never worry that the cook times are going to be off either. The oven racks are solid and the overall look is nice. Our friends and family love the center grill as much as we do. If I need to pull something off the burner I don't worry that I'll scratch the stove top with this feature. The oven heat is also pretty contained. Our old oven radiated lots of heat through the top. This one doesn't and that's a huge plus. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that the grills are cracking (not the center one). However, I have no way of knowing if the original buyer damaged them or if it's a defect in materials. They still work fine but I will need to replace them at some point. Given the cost of replacing them I'll wait as long as I can.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

The Aqua lift cleaning system is a complete joke. Have had to replace oven light bulb 6 times in 11 months. Control panel is completely discolored. Expected far more from a Maytag product.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

I purchased the Maytag oven in January and have had the service technician out 5 times to try to repair the oven because it doesn't heat properly. They've told me that because I live in a condominium that it is normal for the oven to take an hour to preheat, then another hour for the second oven to preheat. When I am baking the oven does not hold the temperature and anything I bake takes much longer than it should. They refuse to get me a new oven.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

We had a wonderful Bisque Maytag double oven in 2002. We bought new stainless appliances this year, and have been very disappointed with the range. Why do you have to hold the temp and timer settings one increment at a time to set it, and why do you have to push Start after that? Frequently we set the temp or timer and walk away, only to find that the oven or timer did not begin because we forgot the new step. When the timer goes off, you have to push it twice to get it to reset. The burners themselves have too many confusing pictures for the settings. What happened to low heat, medium and high and hash marks in between? The stove top itself is a nightmare to keep clean. Give me back my coil stove any day!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

MER8700DH - Within 6 months, left rear burner stopped working and Maytag repaired it under warranty. Within next 6 months, and just before end of warranty, right front burner stopped working and again Maytag covered it under warranty. Within the second year of ownership, the oven was not working correctly and Maytag refused to cover it because it was off warranty. So I called a local appliance repair company who gave me an estimate of over $300 to repair it and basically advised against repair stating that this stove was a "piece of junk". So I replaced it with a GE and junked the old one before it was even two years old. I filed a complaint with Maytag. At first they said they would go half on the labor, but then they said I should have bought the extended warranty and refused all further help.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

Bought this stove in 2011. 9 months ago I had a 300$ repair for fuses to two out of the five stove top burners. Several days ago the ovens were not lighting and I called for repair again. Well the ignition switch in the lower oven had a frayed wire from the factory which created an issue with the control panel. Today I was quoted 600$ to repair the ignition switch and the main control board. PARTS ONLY. I am not repairing this stove. Called Maytag due to the issue of a defective ignition switch wire and got nowhere. Very poor quality product.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

Maytag Smoothtop Double Oven - Bought this stove 2 and 1/2 months ago and already buttons aren't working. Very disappointed, not getting a Maytag again.

Maytag Ranges/Ovens Company Information