Maytag Ranges/Ovens
  • 1 star
Based on 223 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Maytag Ranges/Ovens

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

367 Maytag Ranges/Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We finished a kitchen tear out and full remodeling. From top to bottom adding the Maytag double oven insert into our cabinets. We checked out reviews and MANY stated that the oven's fans were LOUD! But we've had them now for 4 months and the reviews do NOT give an accurate account in my opinion. My wife loves using the ovens for all sorts of cooking and baking projects and the units are NOT LOUD at all. You'd have thought from what we read about the ovens that we were making a bad purchase but that's not the case. Quiet, even cooking and a GREAT PURCHASE. If your ovens are loud when cooling something must be wrong! Or maybe we got LUCKY!? I don't think that's the case at all but then I haven't used other's ovens only ours and we are pleased!!! 5 STAR for sure.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Such a horrible and expensive kitchen purchase. The stainless looking pieces are either fake or very poor quality - they scratch so easily. After the first year of use the top of the stove looked like it was 30 years old. The oven glass is extremely hard to get at to clean - you have to remove very finicky screws that don't go back into place easily. Oven temp is questionable and it takes a very long time to heat up. I would never recommend the Maytag Gemini oven to anyone.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Purchased the Maytag Aqualift self-cleaning oven and this feature doesn't work at all. I would have never have made this purchase if I knew the oven would not self clean. This technology with the water in the bottom to self clean is pathetic! I thought maybe it wasn't working and called for a repair since it was under warranty. The service man told me not to expect it to clean like a regular self-cleaning oven. But I complained that it did nothing at all! So now I have a self-cleaning oven that I have to clean myself!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased a gas range from Lowe's - Maytag- Model #MGR8880AS in 2012. The range has been repaired on multiple occasions 11/2016; 3/2017; 5/2017. All three times they replaced the igniter and burner. On one occasion they replaced the computer board as well. (Each time they have informed me that this part was a recalled problem and under warranty). The stove is now out of warranty and having same issue. The stove fills with gas and the igniter does not ignite and does so intermittently. Maytag only wants to send repair company out at my expense. They need to replace the stove, because someone somewhere will die because of their product. I will purchase a new stove and not from Maytag. (All my appliances are Maytag). I also have a copy of my receipt and will provide if needed; I used my extended warranty through Lowe's each time. I urge everyone not to purchase Maytag appliances.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Wish I had reviewed Consumer Affairs reports. When our old Maytag stove required repairs we decided to upgrade old stove instead of putting money into old unit. Looks like a huge mistake. Not only was there a delay in receiving unit after placing order but oven will not preheat. Two weeks before Thanksgiving we were promised a working unit. Now we are only 2 days from Thanksgiving, 2 repair companies have been at home to repair. Requires new circuit board and a new regulator to repair and no promise we can obtain parts. Now I have to figure out how to feed my family for holiday. I am pretty well done and after reading other reports that they are better in junkyard I think I will try to make them take back this defective Model 8800 product. Sitting in our kitchen unusable for the holidays. Don't buy Maytag as customer service does not exist.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

So far, so very good. This is the first time owning/using an electric oven. I just love my Maytag. It was affordable, especially since it was a combo sale with the over-head matching microwave from Home Depot. Two years later and it's as if I just purchased it. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've had my Maytag oven for about 5 years and the oven and burners are still working perfectly. The problem is the light bulbs. One of the light bulbs has a rickety connection because I have to keep twisting the bulb every time I turn it on to keep the light on. My other light bulb burned out and I'm not replacing it because I'm concerned the problem is in the electrical part where I screw it in, not the bulb itself, so I'm leaving it off and am using the other annoying bulb and I installed a lamp under the counter to compensate for the missing light from the other stove bulb. The most important part of the oven are the cooking features so even though the bulb situation is annoying, it cooking features perform well.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This oven isn't even worth talking about. Just don't buy it. I used to bake a lot, but my recipes don't turn out anymore. My old oven was much easier. I don't know what the problem is, but I suspect it is oven temperature. The door also sticks. I have only had this a year and am ready to junk it.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Echoing the sentiments of others on this site, I am deeply disappointed in Maytag brand appliances manufactured by the Whirlpool Corp. When, for the first time in my life, I was able to buy all brand new kitchen appliances, I didn't even consider any other brand but Maytag. This was based on many decades of using Maytag products and watching my mother use them. I come from a big family so our appliances got used hard, and the Maytag brand ones worked year after year, decade after decade with little or no maintenance. To put it quite frankly, my new Maytag products are junk. I could supply a whole laundry list of problems but, in the interest of space, will just tell about the latest.

A couple of weeks ago the fake tin foil paint on my oven and burner knobs just started falling off, revealing cheap plastic underneath. When I called Maytag to complain, I was asked how I clean the knobs. I told them that when I clean the stove front I remove the knobs and drop them in warm water with a couple drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid for the few minutes it takes to clean and polish the stove front, and that I had been using this same procedure for 2 years. The rep. hemmed and hawed awhile and then went away to consult her database.

When she returned she told me that one is not allowed to "soak" the knobs per the manual, and therefore she could not offer any help. She then "generously" offered to transfer me to the parts department, where the rep. informed me that replacements would cost $70 EACH, that's a total of $350 plus shipping for 5 cheap plastic knobs. WOW! What a deal! I tell everyone I meet NOT to buy any Maytag branded product, and to apply extreme skepticism before considering any Whirlpool product. (BTW - the last "certified" Maytag appliance repairman to come & fix one of the appliances essentially admitted they are junk.) Model #: MGR8775AS SN: R32810432.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We purchased a $945 Maytag 6.4 Cu. ft. self-cleaning freestanding electric convection range which was part of the stainless-steel package for $3600 + a $600-dollar 5 warranty. I did the research and found a solid 4.0 rating, so I went for it. Now I wish I never wasted my money and time. My 5-year warranty for all 4 appliances expired on 8/17 and now everything starts failing, how convenient. The oven will not heat past 340-350 degrees which won’t work with 90% of the stuff I bake. I called Maytag to see if it can be fixed and was quoted $400 for the issue but nothing else. I can pick up a new stainless-steel oven with the save features on a holiday sale for $500. Don’t waste your money on warranties!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I purchased the Maytag 6.5 inch electric convection oven about 2 years ago. I wish I hadn't. The oven temp is way off, it cooks unevenly, the back burners hardly work, and the back burners on the stove top barely work, the knobs get stuck constantly, the self cleaning does not work, and the glass part of the door allows dust to get trapped in the glass. The range is $800+ piece of junk, best used at the scrap yard.

Today, I turn my oven on, and the element underneath the oven pan caught on fire. Now it's broken in half, and needs to be replaced. I look up the QR code, and come to find out the oven is actually a Whirlpool, with Maytag labels on the outside. I would have never purchased this range if I knew it was a Whirlpool. I have always had issues with Whirlpool appliances. This is a fraudulent product, and deceives the customer. Why sell it as a Maytag, when it's really a Whirlpool? It should at least state that fact on the description, and salespeople should advise the customer. Now I know why it's a piece of junk, because it's a WHIRLPOOL!!! I will never buy a Maytag or Whirlpool product ever again. I have always stuck with Maytag appliances. Every appliance in my house is a Maytag, or are they Whirlpool?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Great stove for the price. The oven bakes good, the self-cleaning oven is awesome, the top is easy to clean up and regulating the temperature is so easy.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Mine is the Chrome Maytag four-burner cooktop model. About $700. I installed it with ease. After two years there are only one or two slight scratches. It sees full meals for two cooked daily. The grate is first class and looks new, the top itself is easy to clean with a damp soapy cloth and mineral oil. There is easily enough BTU power for any size of pro pan. The igniters are healthy and fine and a repair would be easy.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Please Do NOT purchase the Maytag Aqua Lift Gas Range. It does not clean anything, you will pay more money for a cleaning oven that does not clean any grease or droppings if you cook. This is not an Oven for any one, or family that cooks large meals or has gatherings. I had the technicians at my house over 4 times and they confirmed that this oven is not a self cleaning oven. It doesn't get hot enough as your self cleaning ovens. And MAYTAG did not want to hear anything, basically not clean much, but advertised as a self cleaning oven. Having been a Maytag customer for years I will never buy a Maytag product again. And we need to support American made, but not when the consumer is misled.

Original review: June 28, 2017

After using my GE Profile to death we replaced it with a Maytag; mostly for the cost. Although I hate to admit this, remember the old saying you get what you paid for - Well it's true at least in the case of this Maytag oven. I am a constant cook and own a bakery, I often bake many of my products at home. Since getting this oven I have had nothing but failures. The cakes are over done, underdone, cookies burnt, not cooked enough; my time frame for recipes is so off! I wrote a cook book and have baked for years so I know for a fact it's not some miraculous mishap that all of a sudden I can't bake. I've had them come calibrate the oven but still no success.

I'm going to call them again but I felt compelled to let people know this is the worst oven in history and avoid purchasing it at all cost. I plan on having the service team come out one last time but if this doesn't work I plan on replacing it. It's a Maytag Double Wall Oven-Top Convection-Self Cleaning model no: MEW9630DS-SS. BUYER'S BEWARE!

Original review: April 27, 2017

I am very dissatisfied with this Maytag Gemini oven I've had it for 4yrs. It has been in the shop twice for the same problem. Temperature control. It is down again for the same thing temperature control. The repairman, who I had to look at it, says the bill will be over $500.00. I paid $1300.00 for this stove. I can't afford to put any more money in this stove. I had to pay $100.00 for repairman to tell me this. The model # met8665xw02 serial#D30522404. Is there a recall on this stove? There should be. I sold Maytag products for several years at Circuit City. I always pushed Maytag instead of another brand. I believed in Maytag. The repairman hasn't been "lonely" to me.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I have had my stove since 2004. A problem I have had was when I asked it to clean the ovens, it quit working all together. A service person was called. Also sometimes when I turn on one burner, another one will turn on instead. Yesterday I turned on a burner to low, and it did not turn on at all.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

The ranges are getting great but are more so with digital than buttons and knobs which they should still have, especially for the handicapped and some elderly who prefer them. It would help prevent injuries. It was hard for me to find the knobs.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I bought this after having a Frigidaire for 40 years and was immediately disappointed upon installation. This OVEN, not a range, was smaller inside and a lot of new pans would not fit! I have replaced the burners and the bulb wiring several times. Would not buy another one!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I read some of the reviews on the Maytag ovens. I too have the same problems! Have had control panel replaced and still have to set at 400 if I need to bake at 350. It also takes forever to preheat. Trust this review because I am one very unhappy consumer!! DO NOT buy Maytag!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

After 2 years the oven didn't work. I had a repair fix it for $500 but if I wanted the convection to work it would cost another $800. Obviously not worth it. Now the oven needs to be set at 400 if I want then actual temperature to be 350. Now the latest - the racks are too small and falling! I just put my Le Creuset in the oven and the rack fell. Splashed everywhere! This happened at Christmas with my turkey. So bought the fridge - everything in the back freezes. Never ever buying Maytag again. I'm guessing the Maytag repairman isn't lonely anymore.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I purchased the Maytag double-oven gas range, Model MGT8775XS, in 2013. The quality of this double-oven stove cannot be understated. Performance? Terrible. Reliability? Awful. My experience was shocking because when I was a kid, Maytag was the ideal for quality and reliability. Those days are over. When delivered in 2013, the ovens did not work. Heating went to 200 degrees and stopped. During the next three years, we had this Maytag stove repaired four times. The most recent repair was in October 2016. A new regulator and igniter cost us $360. Four weeks later you guessed it the ovens stopped working yet again. We sent the Maytag stove to the recycle dump. It's far more valuable as scrap metal.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

We bought this stove in 2014. One knob got stuck while my teenager was cooking food on the gas stove. He called me at work worried because he couldn't turn it off. My husband left work right away to go home. We thought it was just a bad plastic knob. Now a second knob is stuck in the on low position. There is a third knob that feels hard to turn. That will be 3 burners. This is ridiculous. It's a safety hazard. We consumers have to worry if the house will burn down, get CO2 in the air, and if our family and children are safe. We thought Maytag was a good appliance. I will not buy another Maytag. They should recall this stove top/oven. I have read so many of the same complaint on this website as well as online in general. I can't believe they continue to sell this with this much of a safety issue. Please take it off the market.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Should have read reviews. I'll never buy another Maytag. This stove has been bad almost from start. Stove has burned marks from using "broil". Repairman told me not to use broil anymore. One of "eyes" has been worked on 2 times; the knob does not work correctly; when you turn off, it goes past the "off" and keeps on going to the left. It is very hard to clean surface. I have had a few years. Company paid for one repair. They should have replaced stove from beginning. Not safe.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Maytag AquaLift Oven #YMER8880BW - The aqualift technology does not clean the oven. It is sorely inadequate. I bought Maytag because of its reputation. This range should be recalled as should all their ranges with this useless technology. Buyers BEWARE! Do not purchase any range from Maytag which advertises Aqua Lift technology. This purchase has soured your reputation Maytag. I also purchased a fridge with the stove. I will NEVER buy a Maytag product again. I also would like to ask frustrated and disenchanted readers how they are getting their ovens cleaned. What product(s) can be used. Maytag - complete FAIL!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

We purchased our Maytag gas range in 2015. Within 6 months we noticed the clear coat and paint was defective, we called Sears, they allowed us another range top and replaced it but told us our warranty was up in a month and they would not replace another. The stove always looks dirty because the clear coat and paint have bubbled up and it is clearly a 100% manufacturing defect that should be recalled.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I have Maytag Model MGT8885XS03 Gas Range. I bought it in Nov 2013. The surface burner valves, which regulate the gas flow, are a bad design. One valve got stuck and needed replacement within first 13 month. Then another valve got stuck about a year ago and the third one got stuck today Nov 19. So far I spent $400.00, just for 2 of them and the last one has not being replaced yet. This is a safety issue, because it always happen when the stove is on and will not turn off. I need Maytag to replace my stove because I am afraid this will burn my house down. I bought Maytag because they always advertise as quality product, and now I have to live with the nightmare of burning my house down.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I purchased a Maytag gas range in the past few weeks with Aqua Lift Cleaning System. I have only cooked once when grease spattered on the walls and floor of the oven. I have used the Aqua Lift Cleaning System 5 (five!) times and the grease is still there and very sticky. This system clearly does not do what it was supposed to do. I was fortunate to have bought the appliance where I could return it; however, it has been quite a hassle and I will have to pay an additional $100 to have the old one removed and the new one installed! I feel like Maytag should reimburse me the $100 because it is obvious to me now that I have found hundreds of reports of people not being satisfied with this feature.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

My four year old Maytag stove blew out the lower heating element in the oven. The model number is MER8880AW. I removed seven small screws to confirm what the problem was and remove the element. That is a short life span for a stove element. My wife checked our paperwork and thought it indicate the part was covered on the 10 year warranty. Called Maytag at 9 AM and went through the press numbers thing, being put on hold, call dropped, told they were not open twice, etc. Finally got a person to talk to at 2:45 pm. Yes the part is covered under warranty, but no they will not give me the part.

A repairman must plug it in and put the seven screws back in. This will cost me a lot more than the $50 the part cost me at the local appliance store. 10 year warranty. Wow, WORTHLESS! There WILL NEVER BE another Maytag or Whirlpool in my house. Making a big deal out of their warranty when they are going to soak you bad for a simple install is just plain dishonest.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I have Maytag Model MGT8885XS03 Gas Range. I bought it in 2014. The surface burner valves, which regulate the gas flow, are a bad design. One valve got stuck and needed replacement within warranty. Then another valve got stuck about a year ago and the third one got stuck about a month ago. I am going to replace these two valves now. My friend, who is helping me replace, has similar gas range. He also needs to replace a valve. His range is about a year old.

Maytag expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Maytag is the oldest home appliance manufacturer still operating in the U.S. and was founded in 1893. It produced its earliest cooking appliances in the early 1980s, marking its first serious foray into home products unrelated to cleaning.

• Flexible styling: Maytag maintains consistent styling across its product lines and even across product generations, making it easy to design a kitchen around them.

• Fitting tools: Maytag offers a variety of tools to help buyers find appliances to fit their available space.

• Innovative appliance layouts: Maytag offers multiple units that allow users to increase their cooking space without making the overall appliance larger.

• Compact options: Maytag's extensive choices for single cooktops and compact appliances make it a good fit for buyers with little space in their kitchen.

• Length of warranty: Maytag's 10-year warranty is one of the longest in the industry and usually includes easy scheduling of in-home visits from the iconic "Maytag Repairman."

• Best for: Users cooking for one and users cooking for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs