Maytag Ranges/Ovens

Maytag Ranges/Ovens

2.8/5 (607 ratings)

About Maytag Ranges/Ovens

Maytag Ranges/Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Ranges/Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Bought this Range in March of 2019. I really liked the large oven in it. Right away I noticed that the oven didn't back things very uniformed and very quickly, so a lot of burnt cookies. But I adjusted to that, not super happy about it but it was fine. Tuesday while cooking the cooktop suddenly went out. I had been smelling something strange the last couple of times I had cooked with the oven and cooktop on so I just assumed it was the oven, it did need to be cleaned. Well I ended up pulling the range out from the wall and taking the back metal piece off...the wire running to the cooktop was burned, like 3 inches up the wire and also the wire coming into that wire on the range cord. Just destroyed. I was shaking. My house could have burnt down.

I just attempted to call Maytag, knowing my warranty is up (1 year) but thinking they should know about this issue. I was told that they would need to send out a certified tech would need to come out to access the situation...ok...when are they available and she said the 29th of December, really? How many people can go 3 weeks with no oven? I take care of my 93 year old neighbor and make dinner every night. So obviously I cannot wait. I have a tech coming today to fix this fire hazard. I was told there was nothing that can be done as it was not under warranty anyway. What so your certified tech was going to come out for free and then charge me what I probably paid for the range to fix it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

If I could give less than one star I would. I purchased a Maytag range in September 2021, 33 days later the oven went out!! I have been fighting trying to get it repaired for months!!! The parts are not in, the parts have been shipped, oops we forgot to ship the parts, the technician is on vacation. You name it, I have heard it. After the phone call today, it looks like I will still be without a range at Christmas!! This is totally unacceptable. I purchased a Maytag because I assumed it was a good brand! Do yourself a favor... Never buy a Maytag or Whirlpool Appliance. It's not worth it. For the range to only work for 32 days is just plain Wrong....

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My double oven was purchased over 6 years ago. They have been served yearly and work fine. The only thing is the cleaning cycle which if used at the high temperature to clean can affect the oven temperature control. I don’t use this function anymore.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Peeling of paint off the oven finish, inconsistent heating, fan goes on and can't shut off until the oven cools, have to leave door open in order to shut fan off. The paint peeling is really bad. It is right where the heat escapes from the oven, have to touch up paint every so often so it doesn't look so bad and the discoloration is covered besides the peeling.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

We Purchased a Maytag gas oven/stove three years ago believing it to be the quality of the Maytag of yesteryear, Boy have we been disappointed! When Whirlpool Corp. bought out Maytag several years ago they continued using the Maytag name only.. The quality is now less than substandard, It is a cheaply built piece of crap.. We would sell it in a garage sale and replace it with a quality stove/oven but we don't want anyone else to have to deal with this piece of junk! It will soon go to the landfill!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Purchased a Maytag Electric range Model MER8800FZ2 in 2019. The surface Scratched the first week of purchase and the stains will not come off. When I called customer service they claim they are not responsible for cosmetics. In my opinion, This model was put together with the cheapest material they could find. Maytag is not what it used to be. The Elements take a long time to heat up. Inside the oven, the Glazed Paint is cheap product also where once it stains with food it never comes off.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I purchase my Maytag electric glass top stove 9 years ago. 2 years ago, one of the burners went out and had to be replaced. Now, in the past 2 days, my oven is taking FOREVER to preheat from 0 to 455 degrees. So far, it's been 78 minutes waiting for it to go from 0 degrees to 425! Apparently the heating element is defective. As far as the self cleaning oven, it is absolutely worthless, and does NOT work! Needless to say that I'm very disappointed, and looking at another repair expense!

Original review: April 5, 2021

Bought a Maytag Stainless Steel kitchen stove to upgrade my appliance before retirement. 14 months later the spring loaded hinge failed. A bad piece of engineering in the way of a retainer pin to hold the spring pressure tore out of its pressed metal hole. The hollow pin was fastened in place by a 3 fluted punch instead of with a proper rivet with a head. My local parts supplier had 10 on hand so you know they are aware of this. $70 and an hours labor and it is repaired. My local seller said, "Too bad you didn't get the extended warranty." So much for Maytag dependability.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I bought a Maytag Range with the Aqualift feature 3 years ago. Worse purchase every, the oven clean option (Aqualift) is useless. It do not work at all, be prepared to spend hours cleaning. I followed manufacturer's instructions and it's useless, after running the cleaning cycle three times I gave up and starting cleaning for hours.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

We bought Maytag Gas Double Oven MGT8800FZ only just two years ago and the top part of the range oven has already stopped working. It has not been overused as there are only two of us in the family and we use Crockpot regularly which do not require the range. It was fine for about 23months, but now it will not heat up at all We have been unable to get much help from Maytag so are not at all happy with this product. We chose Maytag as it is a replacement for an older Maytag oven and we have a Maytag fridge which will shortly have to be replaced. Not sure at all if we will replace it with Maytag going on our experience with our double oven.

Maytag author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag is the oldest home appliance manufacturer still operating in the U.S. and was founded in 1893. It produced its earliest cooking appliances in the early 1980s, marking its first serious foray into home products unrelated to cleaning.

• Flexible styling: Maytag maintains consistent styling across its product lines and even across product generations, making it easy to design a kitchen around them.

• Fitting tools: Maytag offers a variety of tools to help buyers find appliances to fit their available space.

• Innovative appliance layouts: Maytag offers multiple units that allow users to increase their cooking space without making the overall appliance larger.

• Compact options: Maytag's extensive choices for single cooktops and compact appliances make it a good fit for buyers with little space in their kitchen.

• Length of warranty: Maytag's 10-year warranty is one of the longest in the industry and usually includes easy scheduling of in-home visits from the iconic "Maytag Repairman."

Maytag Ranges/Ovens Company Information