Maytag Ranges/Ovens

Maytag Ranges/Ovens

3.9/5 (328 ratings)

About Maytag Ranges/Ovens

Maytag Ranges/Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Ranges/Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

My stove is approximately nine years old. During the past year both my husband and I enjoy cooking from recipes 3-4 times a week thus the stove has become essential. Functionality and size is important when trying to cook meals with two or three components. One of the oven racks was missing from the oven when we moved into the house. Even though it is self cleaning, spills pile up between cleanings so it is great that it has a really cool steam cleaning option. Just wish it were 5-6 years newer.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

The stovetop is very hard to clean and gets stained easily. The heat works wonderfully and the burners are great sizes. The left side with the adjoining burners is great. The double oven is fantastic. Heats relatively fast. Another negative is the button controls. You have to push so hard for it to register. It's painful. Not the best way to do it. Just setting oven temperature is difficult. Wish that was different.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I have two major issues with my stove. First is that you have to press enter after setting an oven temperature and it doesn’t even beep to remind you before just cutting off. Older, forgetful people like me have probably prepared countless dishes for the oven only to find that it is not preheated. The second is that if you turn on the timer, it cuts off the oven. You only make that mistake once before writing the timer off as useless. I have a hard time believing that they ran either of these by anyone who cooks! One other mixed feature, the heating element for the oven is below the floor of the oven. This causes it to preheat slower - which compounds problem #1 - but makes cleaning a breeze.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Our range and oven are reliable and durable. Easy to clean and have lasted a long time. I do not regret spending a little extra money to have an appliance that has lasted a long time. The oven heats up at a standard rate. The self clean function is very thorough. I have a white set. I was worried they would stain with your typical spills that come along with cooking. However, They clean very easily.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I purchased a white Maytag gas stove over 12 years ago. It has been great and never caused any problems. I live alone and rarely use the oven. However, I use the stovetop daily for cooking. With continual use, it has a lot of nicks and scratches. It also has stains inside the glass oven panel that I can't clean. The glass would have to be removed in order to clean inside. This is why I give a rating of 4 stars. If I used the oven more frequently, I would notice if it had any problems with the temperature, proper cooking, etc. and could give a more accurate rating. I have small toaster oven and therefore, I cook practically all of my meals in the toaster oven.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I purchase my Maytag electric glass top stove 9 years ago. 2 years ago, one of the burners went out and had to be replaced. Now, in the past 2 days, my oven is taking FOREVER to preheat from 0 to 455 degrees. So far, it's been 78 minutes waiting for it to go from 0 degrees to 425! Apparently the heating element is defective. As far as the self cleaning oven, it is absolutely worthless, and does NOT work! Needless to say that I'm very disappointed, and looking at another repair expense!

Original review: April 5, 2021

Bought a Maytag Stainless Steel kitchen stove to upgrade my appliance before retirement. 14 months later the spring loaded hinge failed. A bad piece of engineering in the way of a retainer pin to hold the spring pressure tore out of its pressed metal hole. The hollow pin was fastened in place by a 3 fluted punch instead of with a proper rivet with a head. My local parts supplier had 10 on hand so you know they are aware of this. $70 and an hours labor and it is repaired. My local seller said, "Too bad you didn't get the extended warranty." So much for Maytag dependability.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I bought a Maytag Range with the Aqualift feature 3 years ago. Worse purchase every, the oven clean option (Aqualift) is useless. It do not work at all, be prepared to spend hours cleaning. I followed manufacturer's instructions and it's useless, after running the cleaning cycle three times I gave up and starting cleaning for hours.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

We bought Maytag Gas Double Oven MGT8800FZ only just two years ago and the top part of the range oven has already stopped working. It has not been overused as there are only two of us in the family and we use Crockpot regularly which do not require the range. It was fine for about 23months, but now it will not heat up at all We have been unable to get much help from Maytag so are not at all happy with this product. We chose Maytag as it is a replacement for an older Maytag oven and we have a Maytag fridge which will shortly have to be replaced. Not sure at all if we will replace it with Maytag going on our experience with our double oven.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

My stove has been reliable and efficient. I bought it about 11 years ago and it looks nearly new. I have a gas range with 2 ovens. The top looks scratched a bit from just cleaning. The only negative is the top which has some scratches if you look closely and when I first got it, I had to have an oven gasket replace. Still I feel it was a good purchase.

Maytag author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag is the oldest home appliance manufacturer still operating in the U.S. and was founded in 1893. It produced its earliest cooking appliances in the early 1980s, marking its first serious foray into home products unrelated to cleaning.

• Flexible styling: Maytag maintains consistent styling across its product lines and even across product generations, making it easy to design a kitchen around them.

• Fitting tools: Maytag offers a variety of tools to help buyers find appliances to fit their available space.

• Innovative appliance layouts: Maytag offers multiple units that allow users to increase their cooking space without making the overall appliance larger.

• Compact options: Maytag's extensive choices for single cooktops and compact appliances make it a good fit for buyers with little space in their kitchen.

• Length of warranty: Maytag's 10-year warranty is one of the longest in the industry and usually includes easy scheduling of in-home visits from the iconic "Maytag Repairman."

Maytag Ranges/Ovens Company Information