Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Bought a refrigerator online on 11/09, the 2 stores close me supposedly had it in stock (that what the website showed- more than 1 each) but from some reason my order is to be fulfilled by a store at a city a few miles away. Okay, no problem as the delivery was scheduled for 11/15. 11/12 I got a call from the store that they only have a damage unit so they were going to change the delivery date so they could get a new unit for me. I was actually happy that they saw it and didn’t simply sent a damage one.

New delivery is scheduled to 12/04. The day before I got the email confirming the delivery window. The day of the delivery I empty my fridge, disconnected and moved away from the kitchen so they would have a clean path to deliver and connected the new one and canceled appointments I had that day. When it was getting close to the end of the delivery window I checked the order status at the Lowe's website and it had changed the delivery date to 12/13. I called the delivery company to know with they were going to deliver or not and they informed me that at 7:09am Lowes had canceled my delivery (It was 2:30pm already). When I asked why no one called me about it, they said it was Lowes responsibility as they were the ones who canceled it.

So, I called the store and the person couldn’t answer so I left my phone number and waited. In the meantime I called customer service and they told me that the store had notified them 1 hour before that they canceled delivery because they didn’t received the fridge at the store. Not much they could do. I have to wait for the delivery on the 12/13.

The store called back and the person insisted with me multiple times that my delivery was never scheduled for 12/04. Sure, I had all the trouble to empty and move my existing fridge without checking multiple times the delivery date. After I read the email with the delivery window she admitted that they canceled because they received a damage unit (but they told corporate that they disse received???). I posted on their page on Facebook and the only thing they could help with was send a document to the store asking them to fulfill my order and let me know ahead of time without they couldn’t do it on the 12/13. The email with the new delivery date was received only on 12/06. Two days after the change.

So 12/12 the store calls me and say they received a damage unit (again) and they will not deliver the next day. I asked when they will have it and the person says she is from delivery, that a new unit takes 1 to 2 weeks to arrive. When I pressure about a delivery date she said the product is backordered. I asked if they were knowingly selling products they didn’t have in stock and she transferes me to Appliances. So, the appliance expert at Lowe’s Carson City is not very polite and says she knows about my case, but she is with a client and will call me later. She never called. My new delivery date is 12/18, but I’m pretty sure they will say the unit arrived damaged again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I bought a six-pack puck underneath mount lighting package. I misplaced single remote that comes with kit. I called goodearthlighting "ECOLIGHT" company that provides lights and asked to purchase a single remote. They informed me they do not sell to public. I called Lowe's and spoke to customer service rep in the lighting department. He checked around and said all they had was remotes for the ceiling fans. So I informed the rep what happened on phone call about not selling to public. He said he did not know what to do or say but they don't sell the remote and that's just too bad... Really. I said I bought $32.00 worth of lighting and cannot get a replacement remote. I'll trash you junk lighting and here is where to go if you want customer service and remotes if you need one. brilliantevolution

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I am writing this review because I am livid about how Lowe's is treating/ scamming my father. He is 76 years old and a proud veteran and shopped Lowe's because he thought they supported veterans. He bought and fully paid for siding and its installation in June. He had to constantly call and ask where they were. It was told to him it would be installed in July. They finally showed up 7 am one Wednesday morning. Did not knock just started ripping off existing siding. Scared my mom to death. Now one month later. My father's siding is dumped in his driveway. He has to park down the street. They worked one half day. Never came back. Left their mess and new siding Dumped In The Driveway!! It is shameful. They suck. I will warn everyone I can about this! Do not do business with them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

My issue is not with the Fountain Lowe's employees. Everyone with whom I interacted was very helpful, friendly, and professional. The issue I have is with the installation company for my hot water heater and with "corporate Lowe's". I was charged an "unusual access fee" of $197 because the hot water heater needed to be installed in an outdoor closet area that is 2 feet above the ground. I spoke with Corey with the Lowe's installation department and he said he also felt the charge was too high. However, when he spoke with "corporate Lowe's" they said they thought the charge was justified.

It was my impression that the extra cost was for additional labor, however, only one employee of the plumbing company completed the install. So, not only was the unusual access fee exorbitant, but also there was nothing extra required for the install. I would ask that I be refunded the $197 since the plumbing company charged the extra fee without having any extra labor provided. This is the type of issue that will cause me to go to other companies such as Home Depot for similar services in the future. If Lowe's cannot maintain some cost control over their install companies and if corporate Lowe's stands behind extra fees for no extra service, it makes me question what other areas are Lowe's taking advantage of customers.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

More and more I'm finding parts I need in quantities that are less than what I came for. No, not looking for thousands of parts, just a few items. Today I went in for Beam Clamps in electrical. Needed four, found three. Asked if there were more and was told "we only have one". Well, I found three. One short. Went to hardware to get some 5/16" 18 x 3 1/2". Had to search many bins because most had only 1 or 2 bolts that size. Finally found some stainless steel (didn't want SS). But couldn't find any nuts, flat washers or split ring lock washers. Had to get odd parts, none of which were the same material.

This has become a worsening problem with the Clinton UT store. Many times I go in to find something and come away short handed or empty handed. They have plenty of blue buckets but no lids. Why do customers buy lids and not buckets? Was told that's the way the supplier sends them. Really? They need a better supplier. Who orders a thousand buckets and 25 lids? It's gotten ridiculous. And this is just today. There have been other days I walked away short handed and frustrated. I'm finally annoyed enough to say something about it. I USED to shop the orange store but their customer service stunk to high heaven. Lowe's did me right and made me a life long customer. Now they're undoing all the good they've done in the past. What a shame! To complete my project I have to go to another store - or to that orange store. I'd rather not shop orange, but if I have no choice - - - .

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I placed an order for an item with Lowe's on 10/28/20 in which a Lowe's corporate customer service employee "completed" the order for me. I had to do a split payment using a $100 Visa gift card and my actual credit card, so I could not make the order on the Lowe's website. I was originally scheduled to pick up my item at Lowe's # 0535 in Oklahoma City on 11/5/2020. A couple days later I received a notification that my order was delayed and there was no estimated delivery date at the time. I waited a week and had still not received an update, so I reached out to Lowe's customer service who was unable to provide any details on the order for me at the time and had a store employee follow up with me.

On 11/20/20 a Lowe's store employee called me and still had no update on my order, but stated they were receiving a shipment of the item the following day, and I could pick up the item then. Since I had already placed the order and given payment information, I was going to let Lowe's fill the order as the store should have filled the order when the items were received. On 11/24/20, I still had not received a notification that my order was processed, so I went up to the store to get the item and fulfill the order myself.

When I tried to have Lowe's complete my order by bringing the item to the Customer Service desk, they confirmed that the initial Lowe's corporate employee who took the order down never actually completed the order so they had to cancel it. However, they cancelled the order before confirming the payment methods and stated the $100 went back on the Visa gift card, which I had gotten rid of as the balance was used in full, a Lowe's employee told me the order went through, and I received email confirmation that the order was placed successfully. Because I still needed the item the order was originally placed for, I bought the item with the full costs going to me as I was unable to use the gift card balance that Lowe's originally took from me.

I spent hours on the phone with various Lowe's representatives trying to get the $100 reimbursed to me either through store credit or a Lowe's gift card. I have now been told that I must get in touch with Visa to try and have another card issued to me with the $100 since Lowe's issued the money back onto a Visa gift card. This issue was caused solely by Lowe's, starting with the customer service rep failing to complete my order and telling me the payments went through and the order was placed successfully. Additionally, the store failed to confirm how the order was paid for and should have confirmed where the refund should go for the $100 gift card that was used. Now because of these mistakes made by Lowe's, the store has taken $100 from me as well as providing extremely poor customer service from start to finish.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Bought some stuff online at Lowe’s: it was supposed to show up in 1-4 days. After a week I called only to find out that they didn’t offer refunds until it had been delayed for >10 days! They kept saying that the timeframe promised in their site is only an estimate (by that rationale they can say it will take a few days, but if it takes months, well, it was only an estimate). I have never encountered a worse company to buy something from online.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

We've recently shopped at Lowe's for flooring. Small 2"by3" samples are provided. I asked if I could take home the large sample to get a decent idea of how the flooring would look in my house. The sales person said, "Oh no, because it might be gone when someone else wants to see it." True, but flooring stores do this all the time. I am not willing to make a decision for flooring for six rooms in my house with such a small sample to take home. I would have bought a carton of flooring to take home, but it has to be ordered.

Then I looked at ceramic tile. There were no samples at all for it. It also had to be ordered. So, in order to see what it would look like in my house, I had to order a box of the tile. I will have to pay a restocking fee if it doesn't work. There is certainly not much effort made made by Lowe's to make sure customers get a flooring they will be happy with. One may as well order online.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I purchased a refrigerator on 11/27/20. It was to be delivered by noon on 11/28/20. The refrigerator was in stock. Waited all day. No delivery. My food is now going to spoil sitting out no fridge. Spent $1400. Need Corporate Office involved.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

There's a long backstory here: But the short of it is my family had to make the difficult decision to sell our "forever" home, a home we all loved, and move in with my widowed mother. We took the equity we had in that house and "fixed up" my mama's house, at least as far as the money would go. One thing I knew I wanted to do was give my mama a new kitchen. The choice was clear as to where I would get my appliances. Lowe's is the only choice we have in our small community. (I know we could have ordered from some online site, but we wanted a closer relationship with our supplier.) So to Lowes we go. I sat with a Lowes "cabinet specialist" and we mapped out the area and made a plan for the cabinets. I ordered all our appliances on the same day. Cut to the chase...NEARLY EVERYTHING WE GOT FROM LOWES HAS BEEN TERRIBLE!!!

At first I made attempts to communicate my frustrations, but finally was told that the "Cabinet Man" was no longer in their employ and that he didn't know what he was doing anyway! (Thanks for that!) Sadly, now I just make a mental note of all the things that are defective. I'll try to include pictures, but I am not too savvy on the computer. Let me list them for you:

1. Immediately we noticed that the cabinets directly over the stove were turning yellow. The Lowes microwave has a vent that comes on automatically when we are cooking if there is any steam released. It is really loud, but we have accepted that. The "Cabinet Specialist" assured me the layout we chose would work. I did not know my off-white cabinets would be yellow within a very short time. Yes, it is grease build-up. No, I cannot get it clean. Please believe me, I have tried everything. I have scoured the internet for suggestions and have done them all. If I scrub any more it looks to me that I will damage them. The way I see it now, there is no fix for this. SO VERY SAD.

2. The cabinet under the sink (yep, that came from Lowes too) is in terrible shape. I thought I was getting wood cabinets. But if you look at that cabinet, the way it is warping under the sink, it looks to be something CHEAP.

3. The handle to the microwave just came off in my mother's hand one day as she opened the unit. I tried to superglue it back and it worked for a week or two. Now we just grab in from underneath. Not easy for my mother to do. Just another mental note of a defective part. Sad.

4. The top silver decorative "cap" of the dishwasher popped off. Tried the superglue trick again. Same outcome. Another mental note, still sad. Speaking of the dishwasher, it started leaking 2 weeks ago. Back to internet. Lowes.com for manual. Followed all the suggestions. Cleaned the filter. Now it works...but only on one setting...the other 2 still leak. Oh well, expected that. Mental note. Still so sad.

I really wish these things had not happened. I don't have the energy to go through all that needs to be corrected in this kitchen. I just think everyone should know that LOWES cabinets and appliances should not be your first choice if you can help it. Take my word for it. Sincerely, SAD LOWES CUSTOMER????

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information