Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: May 27, 2022

We bought washer dryer, and mini fridge, the Lake City FL store. We live an hour and a half away, couldn't pick up at that time as we had driven car, the following day, returned with my 7.3 diesel F 250, to pickup purchases, Well, Surprise...that appliances had been sold to another customer. Typical Lowe's. I've got 12 hours time. 75 dollars in fuel. And a trip to Best Buy to buy appliances, should have gone there First, The Manager did do what's he's paid to do, repeatedly saying, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," lost count how many times. But I do agree, he's Sorry working for an even Sorrier Company, needless to say we will never do business with them again, not they're concerned. Another victim is in line behind us.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Stood in a paint line for 20 minutes with about 8 lowes employees walking around doing nothing!!! Customer service saw us standing there and never called anyone to help. After 20 minutes, I walked out. I WILL NEVER GO INTO A LOWES STORE AGAIN!!! I went because it was close to my house, but I will drive longer and farther to get to a home depot from now on!!!

Original review: May 22, 2022

I purchased a refridge in 2018 with an extended warranty. Well in 2020 it kicked the bucket so I had to run to Lowe's quickly and purchase a new one not realizing that I had an extended warranty. I purchased the same one so about 3 weeks ago we go to our summer home and plug it in and guess what? It did not work so I called the warranty co and they did send a man out to look at it. He told me that lowe's would be contacting me so I heard nothing. I went to the same lowe's and they told me that I would be getting a check. Never received the check. Lowe's and Whirlpool do not stand behind their products.

Original review: May 21, 2022

For a $169.58 bill. Lowe's charged me $169.58, $254.45, $194.88. For a total of $618.91. I spent over two hours on the phone with their support. No help whatsoever. Filled a ftc complaint. It has been four days and still no resolution. On Monday I will contact my bank and have every one of these charges charged back to lowe's. This is credit card fraud.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Lowe's Home Improvement contracted with Huber Home Improvement to remove old fence. This has become a nightmare. Ignored CONTRACT specifications, installer damaged wood, nails sticking out everywhere, fence moves, washed out concrete up to 4 feet, put my old concrete/old posts in post holes, when was supposed to backfill to ground level the mound around posts. Concrete was estimated at 4000lbs plus short so installer shoved old concrete from posts in post holes. No concrete below posts. I have posts, numerous that were cut with circular saw, three times per post. Installer, Huber did not measure and cut rails but nailed and cut on posts. Killed my grass and plants with debris piles and stomping plants to death - dirt loaded with old wood, nails, staples, concrete, labels, cigarette butts on my yard and thrown in ditch area.

Anything Huber employee did not feel like cleaning up. Old picket bottoms still highly visible and Not removed. Used really bad wood from Lowes..with gouges, holes, split, not treated right, pickets are just weird. Some angled like V at bottom gapping at top. Nor all are to the ground as contract specified. Gate posts and gates assembled incorrectly, with split wood, nails stick out. Nails hammered down at angle..wobbles like it is disjointed. Fence was to be done in 2 days..Almost a month later I have no fence, and the damage is extensive both to fence frame and MY PROPERTY.. Huber even sloped concrete to drain from the top of ditch bank, INTO MY YARD. Huber also has caused erosion problems with all the concrete washout their employee did. It goes on and on.

Moving fence Chad Huber said, "well you will just have to sacrifice"..Excuse me? Lowes has done nothing. Told them find a new contractor and rip all this out and try again. You are in breach of Contract on numerous counts. Well they are not sending the Expired license, destructive and rude and nasty people back to my home. They have received pics but COULD NOT CARE LESS. We will have to make this Legal. Do not trust Lowes to honor contracts or promises..They Do Not!

Original review: May 15, 2022

I ordered a fridge, not knowing Lowe's used a sketchy third party delivery company. The guys coming to my home looked a mess and were very unprofessional. My request for them to wear a mask has led me to still not having a fridge. This is day 3 now of my family's suffering. I asked them to mask up before entering my home, they asked why and told me they didn't have mask on their truck. I told them store was right up the street. They could get some there.

I told them COVID and Flu is out here and I didn't want to risk my family getting sick because we have an upcoming vacation and I needed to protect my home. They called their manager and she called me telling me covid is non existent and she doesn't require them to wear mask at all. I explained to her I have to protect my family and whether or not it is required by their company. It's my home and my preference. It's required by me. She then contacted Lowe's and told them I said my family had covid and they will not deliver the fridge.

Day 2 I was told my fridge would come today, and before delivery Tim W. with Lowe's called me and told me that they will not deliver because they were told my family has covid. I explained to him what happened and that was not the case. He then had me contact Amy ** (belleville east Lowe's). I talked to her and explained what the situation was. She was very inconsiderate of the fact that my family and I are still without a fridge, and basically said there was nothing they could do. I need to call the third party company. Why do I need to contact them. I purchased a fridge with Lowe not the third party company. I paid lowe's not the third party company. I asked her how would she feel if all she was doing was trying to protect her family and was treated this way all because I requested them to wear a mask before entering my home. Her reply was "I can give you your refund there's no need to come up here for it."

Are you serious!!!! This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company and I was a loyal customer of lowe's until now. How could you all even have dealings with a third party company that does not respect people preferences. This says a lot about the corporation and who is running things. And we still have no fridge all because I asked the sketchy delivery men to mask up before entering my home.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Purchased refrigerator/freezer with icemaker. 15 months later icemaker quits. File for extended warranty repair. Lowes says they will send out technician. Appointment is cancelled. Parts are ordered. Parts do not come in. Lowes says they will do a buyout. End of information. People at the store can not help. Called the number for their Assurant Customer Care - they can not find our contract or any information - they tell us they will get back with us in 48 hours. They do not get back with us. Call again. This time they find the contract and say they will get back to us in 48 hours - they do not.

We try to buy part through Samsung but are not sure of the part number. Samsung says they will send out a tech and fix the ice-maker no charge. Appointment made within 24 hours. 2 days later the appointment is cancelled - Lowes is doing a buyout - told to contact Lowes. When I give Lowes the EPP Buyout number they can not find it. My husband gave up. Local appliance repair man is actually coming out to fix unit. Obviously our extended warranty was a waste of money and not worth the paper it was written on. Do NOT get their extended warranties.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The worst service I could have ever expected out of a retailer that doesn't seem to care. I'll explain... I ordered all new Pella windows for my house April 2021 spending $24k from the Naperville IL Lowe's. The windows showed up in June. The soonest the installers could get us in was July. During the installation it was discovered that 2 were broken completely, one window they installed with a broken window insert and a part missing on another awning window. The installers assured me they communicated back to Lowe's everything that was needed after they installed what they could. This is where my nightmare begins. A month goes by and nothing from Lowe's. No confirmation or any signs of life that they are taking care of my order.

I have to call them and email them to only to find out they have not done anything with the replacement order nor the insert or the parts. So it took me calling to initiate the reorder of the broken windows while I'm on vacation mind you. The store promised me it was all taken care of. I had hail damage and was waiting for the windows to be installed so the siding folks could come in afterwards... October comes and I finally have to commit to getting my siding done before the replacement windows arrived. The installers taped around the outside of the windows so that they would hold the elements out until the installers could install the last two windows.

Fast forward to November when the replacement windows finally show up. The installer tells me Feb 8th is the soonest and won't budge. What am I supposed to do? So I wait until February and they deliver the windows to my house. On the scheduled date of installation only one installer comes out do a second story installation and reschedules on me because weather conditions aren't that great and was also looking for any excuse possible to reschedule. He calls his boss who apparently was on vacation in Florida complaining that he isn't going to be able to do it. Fine... At this point what's a few more days to wait for better weather and get this done. Plenty of warm fantastic days go by and nothing...

I unwrap my windows just to make sure everything is in there and sure enough one of the windows inserts that needed to be replaced was not in there (even though they said they ordered it). That window keep in mind is broken where it locks the window. So no security issues there at all being on the ground level... I call the store Late March to address the issue and talked to Ray. He reassured me he was going to look into it. ALL of it and he would get back to me. He... Never... Called... Fast forward to may 4th of 2022. I've had conversations with Lowe's installation services. They didn't know since it was still in "Scheduled" status even though the date was in the past? They said they've escalated it. I get the same "Well we will call the contractor" and nothing comes of it because the contractor never answers the phone. I was promised calls back on updates both Friday and Monday and sure enough my phone did not ring.

I had to call Lowe's back on May 10th to again try to push this along and get updates when I shouldn't have to. I always have to call or email Lowe's to push progress! The coordinators solution at installation services that I talked to was they would try to call and email... do not give this company your money... I've been a loyal customer for years. I'm embarrassed to say I also recommended them to a family member and they are also fighting to get things finished. You cannot take this kind of money from someone and not follow through. It's been over a year and my project still isn't complete. There has to be a law that protects consumers on out of pocket costs up front that punishes retailers like this. I will certainly be inquiring... WHERE IS THE ACCOUNTABILITY? You don't deserve my business or anyone else's or anyone else's.

Original review: May 6, 2022

First of all, I have a second home in Michigan and travel there from St. Louis, Missouri. Lowe's sent out an installer to measure my job consisting of a kitchen/dining room and a bedroom. I asked the installer what the next step would be. He said Lowe's of Benton Harbor would contact me. They did not. I contacted them and was told the flooring department would return my call. They did not. I contacted the installation department via the website and finally got someone's attention. We ordered the materials and they were delivered one morning and placed in my garage. We were then notified that the installation would occur on May 3.

On May 2nd, I was notified that a separate installation for my bedroom would occur on May 7. On May 3rd the installer showed up and stated that since the material was in the garage, he could not install it until the materials had been in the house for 72 hours. I did not know this. I had traveled from St. Louis for this installation and had already moved all the furniture from both areas. No effort was made by Lowe's to reimburse me for my travel or to solve the problem. I have now cancelled job and am awaiting refund of 5K+.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I bought a toilet on April 26, 2022. I bought the delivery and installation also. I was told by the salesman that I would receive a call to set up installation day and time. After several days, I hadn’t heard anything, so I called the installation number. They didn’t have any record of my purchase, but when doing a search by name, they found it with a completely wrong phone number. Long story short, a few days later, after still not having a date or time set up, I called again. They had the wrong phone number assigned to me again. Every time I called, they had a wrong phone number for me. I made a total of five calls. I finally got tired of it, canceled the entire order, and took my money elsewhere. The sales people are okay, but they really need to work on their delivery and installations! I doubt if I will ever buy anything major from this company in the future.

Original review: May 3, 2022

If I could give zero stars, I would. We signed a contract in September 2021 for the purchase and installation of windows and sliding glass doors. The estimated date of delivery was January 2022. When January arrived, the date was perpetually pushed back. Some of the product was delivered mid-March and the installation process began March 30. The subcontractors installed 2 sliding glass doors improperly (they have failed inspection) and left 3 inch gaps in our stucco surrounding the sliders. The subcontractors also installed a large bay window which they either cracked the frame of while installing or installed a damaged product. Because Lowe's is the permit runner, Lowe's is responsible for contacting the inspector to do a partial inspection in order to move forward with finishing this project--Lowe's never did. I was told repeatedly that because of the way the permit is written, they could not have a partial inspection completed.

Finally, after a month of exposed stucco and improperly installed product, I spoke with my municipality personally. The inspector was at our home in less than 24 hours. Lowe's NEVER even tried to help with this part of the process and LIED over the phone. Following the inspection, I was the one left responsible for getting the inspection report to the subcontractors because apparently Lowe's doesn't care at all about their customers. Now the subcontractors are dragging their feet to come fix the damages and failed items. This is not a supply issue now, this is negligence. Lowe's cannot tell us when the rest of our product will arrive or when we will have the damages repaired. We are looking into any and all legal options at this point to remedy the situation. DO NOT HIRE LOWE'S FOR WINDOW AND DOOR INSTALLATION.

Original review: May 3, 2022

So I purchased this Whirlpool dryer on February 9 2022. Everything was working until a few weeks ago and the dryer kept tripping the breaker and wouldn't come on. I found out the cord was not installed correctly. The wrong screws were used and the guy who hooked up the dryer did a sorry job he should be ashamed. I had a electrician look at it and it could of been worse. I'm so pissed. Lowe's hire these sorry employees and it's damaging their brand. Lowe's owes me an apology and a incentive.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Updated on 05/12/2022: Even though we are now able to work with ONE Lowe's rep, the Executive Customer Relations rep has no influence over a positive outcome. Repair work is now scheduled for May 30’22 (Memorial Day holiday, 6.5 months AFTER we made our claim) and Customer Relations rep is useless to escalate & improve this date! Terribly frustrating, disappointing & stressful 6.5 month warranty encounter with Lowe's. AND it's not resolved yet!

Original Review: Apr/May '21 we purchased tile from Lowe's & they managed the tile install in our kitchen / laundry room. Within weeks, we heard unusual cracking sounds from kitchen floor. Within a month or two, multiple tiles began to make popping sounds. We filed a Tile Install Warranty Claim in Nov 17 '21 & received a Warranty Work Order (WO) #. After we made several calls each week thereafter to follow up, in Dec '21 Lowe's (contractor) visited the house & confirmed "there are issue(s) that need to be addressed". Between that mid Dec '21 visit and Mar '22, we received no follow up calls from Lowe's, so we continued to call every few days. Each time we called, we had to educate a different Lowe's representative who was unfamiliar with our claim & escalate calls to 'managers' - speaking to 2 or 3 (different) people each phone call.

We finally learned that Lowe's had closed our original WO, in spite of their contractor inspecting work & determining that warranty claim was valid. Not only had they closed our original Nov 17 '21 WO, but had opened & closed several additional WO's since. This seems to be a way for Lowe's to "Play" with their internal performance metrics &/or a method to confuse / frustrate / distress & ultimately wear-down their customers trying to maneuver through a difficult & lengthy warranty process.

Mid-Mar '22 we finally had to involve Better Business Bureau (BBB), Dept of Justice & other 3rd party agencies to review our case & concern with Lowe's warranty support. This triggered Lowe's to assign a Lowe's Executive Customer Relations rep to our warranty claim & the re-inspection of the install at our home. However, even though we have been able to work with ONE Lowe's rep - which has tremendously improved the warranty process - as of this writing (Apr 26 '22) there is no viable plan to address our warranty install issue(s). Terribly frustrating, disappointing & stressful 5+ month warranty encounter with Lowe's. AND it's not over yet!

Original review: April 23, 2022

It's really too bad that I can't give "no" stars. Our fridge died and we lost most of the food in it. Went online and found what I wanted at Lowe's in stock. Went to the store and had the salesperson check the warehouse to make sure it was still in stock. It was, we paid, and a delivery was scheduled for ten days later. The day before delivery, I received a call saying we would have to come back to the store and pick out a different refrigerator as they did not have what we had paid for. They either lied to me at the time of purchase or sold "my" refrigerator to someone else. I already knew they had nothing else I wanted (do you know how hard it is to get a white appliance?) so I told the guy to cancel the order and call me when that had been done. Still waiting. What a dishonest, unprofessional company--I will never, ever do any kind of business with them again.

Original review: April 20, 2022

At 12:00noon today 0/4/2022 I went to your store at Riddle Park San Jose California to buy a household assorment and nail and I'm looking for the price for the item that I got..Then I went to the cashier or self services, I scan it the price and the price that I saw in actual is lower than the price that I scan so I call the cashier and manager then they say I have to take pic on it then I took the pic not only one item got two item..My question is what if the consumer ignore that price and they dont know or innocence in to that..then Lowe's makes money. What if a lot people to get that items that they do not know..Lowe's make money for the consumers. Thanks for your consideration.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Poor customer service experience; understaffed, poorly trained - unqualified management, leadership. Always a fiasco and, an embarrassing experience, either shopping in the store, or picking up items ordered online. The store's employees are quite rude, unprofessional.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I purchased a White Full size bed from Lowe's, online. The bed was advertised as white and when it arrived the bed was cream. I called customer service and she told me that she could give me 5% off or I could return it with a 25% restocking fee.?? The 5% doesn't take away the fact the color is wrong. The bedroom is white not cream. The bedroom for this bed is white and now the bed looks tacky. Customer service told me that Lowe's was not responsible for what the vendor does. Really? The attitude of their customer service or lack of customer service, needs to revamped.

Original review: April 13, 2022

In late December 2021, I purchased a complete kitchen remodel for approximately $25K. It was fraught from the beginning. One of the three salespeople completely flaked out in the middle and one was both misinformed and rude. Finally, I was given a quoted price multiple times and increased my MyLowe's card to cover the $25K. Then, the final price was more, suddenly. I complained multiple times to the store and to Lowe's corporate, and finally they honored the original quote.

The next step was "measuring" the kitchen. I measured quite accurately, but the supposed expert who showed up ignored that and ultimately mis-measured. I spent a couple of hours getting it right. He spent 15 minutes, and I had to help him. Then, cabinets started arriving, some of which were damaged (this happens). Then, more and more showed up. The installer was "too busy" to inspect them, so I did. Then, without warning Lowe's corporate, specifically the Western Regional Manager, canceled the contract for the cabinet installation without cause or explanation. I scrambled around and found another installer. During this the appliances showed up. They were supposed to install the fridge, but even this was a struggle. The first set of delivery people wouldn't do it and the fridge was damaged when the second group brought the fridge back. More delays of course.

So far, Lowe's owes me about $500 difference, due to their mis-measurement for the cabinets. Next up, countertops and backsplash. They're expecting me to wait a month without a functioning kitchen for their installer to "measure," then another two weeks to do the installation. I'm in the process of finding another installer, repurchasing the material, and basically starting over. Lowe's will be responsible for whatever difference in price, and I've told them, including all the executive's emails I could find on the web, that I'm fine with suing them if they don't pay me. I've closed my credit card account with them, but they keep insisting on putting whatever money they deem to refund back on the closed account. They've lied or mislead me or were misinformed or never bothered to find out the actual facts throughout the entire process.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I placed a pickup order, I was charged/pending $10.58; the next day I see A SECOND hold/pending for the same amount. I have NEVER had a company, not Amazon, not Walmart, double charge/hold me. The stupervisor I spoke to refused to do anything to expedite the release of the hold; I contacted my bank, they said the only way to release the hold early was a letter ? From Lowe’s on their letter head, which Lowe's refused to do!!!! $10.58 is not a huge amount, BUT I need ALL my money available. There is NO a REASON for Lowe's to put TWO HOLDS on my account, especially since the ONE is already “paid”!!! If I had spent $1000, I guess that means I’d have had to wait DAYS to have the other $1000 available!

Original review: April 4, 2022

Do yourself a favor and Do Not buy an AO Smith water heater from Lowe's. The very day it was installed it continued to pop the circuit breaker. Lowe's theoretically can’t return the defective product without authorization from manufacturer. Mind you this process is not explained on the outside of the carton which would have reminded me to buy a real heater from a plumbing supply store. You only get that information once you open the carton and then it’s too late. The manufacturer wants the consumer to diagnose the problem checking voltages etc. Seriously? Never buy this product.

Original review: April 1, 2022

When our new oven was delivered, the delivery men took our anti-tip bracket, claiming it wasn’t compatible with the new oven & that the new oven didn’t need one. Once they left, we found paperwork in the oven warning against using it without an anti-tip bracket. We called Lowe's & explained the problem, only to be laughed at & our problem denied. When told again more sternly, the man transferred the call. Again we explained, again we were transferred, again we explained…. When a repair man came 3 days later, he exclaimed over what he saw, but he had not been told to bring any hardware. He scheduled with us for 2 days later but didn’t come. The store denied that we were scheduled. The manager didn’t want to hear the problem & repeatedly tried to transfer us to another department. Almost a week after the delivery, we received the bracket.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I had a vinyl privacy fence installed around my back yard and I immediately had problems I reported the problems to Lowe's installation and the guy came back out and claimed he fixed the problem but I have been having problems ever since. Now part of the fence has fallen down. They did not made the fence boards long enough to keep the fence standing up in places and the spaces between the fence where they stick a piece of plastic to fill in the fence where it does not come together, never stays in place. I have never seen such shottie and bad workmanship as I have experienced from Lowe's installing my 8000 dollar fence. Pretty soon I will have to have the whole fence taken down because it won't stay up when a hard wind blows

Original review: March 31, 2022

They came out to fix my Whirlpool icebox. They said it's the warranties no good for it was in a garage. I tried to call them and get my money back or get them replace it but they won't so I will never go back to them again. I'll be heading to Home Depot they treat

Original review: March 22, 2022

I signed a home improvement contract to have a black chain link fence installed in my back yard by Lowe’s. Lowe’s charged my card on October 23, 2021 and I received my “Installation Is Complete” notice at 6:05 AM on March 22, 2022. That’s it in a nutshell! I was reluctant to sign a construction contract for the fence installation where I paid in full upon signature. However, I had entered into a similar contract when Lowe’s installed my above the stove microwave oven without incident. But the fence contract was about ten times the cost of the microwave.

When construction hadn’t started in December I had to pester several people at Lowe’s for a start date. The fence was installed right around Christmas time but the chain link extended beyond the top rail by as much as three inches and there were no domes on the supporting posts which was not only an eye sore but hazardous because of the sharp edge of the sawed off posts. I called the Lowe’s Installation Center about twice a week from December through March to have the chain link “lowered” so it didn’t extend past the top rail and the installation of the post domes.

The folks at the Installation Center were very understanding but did NOTHING to get someone to make the job right and complete. After another complaint at the Culpeper Lowe’s someone did come to my house with the wrong color domes and promised me the right color domes within 5 days. He never returned despite phone calls and e-mails. Finally, I went to the Culpeper store again to complain and was able to get the post domes and the installer came out to fix the fence on March 19, 2022.

I would never again sign a construction contract where I pay in full upfront. Had I the right to withhold last payment until satisfactory completion, as in normal construction contracts I would guess the fence would have been satisfactorily completed by November, 2021. It was not worth the constant hassle and unresponsiveness I felt throughout this ordeal. It was a bad experience and am surprised it is Lowe’s. They have been better than this in the past.

Original review: March 21, 2022

I had a horrendous experience with an online order and delivery. I would have expected a big box store to have this figured out by now. Ordered upwards of $4,000 worth of material from store 2626 Raymore, MO. They transferred to store 1623 S. Kansas City due to them not having stock. S. Kansas City store canceled a large number of materials due to them not being stocked, without any notification. Delivery date was 3/20, they were a no show. Called online customer service, they were of no help because the local store was filling the order. Called local store and was hung up on. I went to the local store and was told part of the order was canceled due to lack of stock. Instead of store-to-store shipping, they gave a list of stores in the area that had stock. Their logistical problems were transferred to their customer. Keep the 10% military discount, I am taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Lowe's November 4 I ordered 3 hurricane replacement windows and was given an estimate of 14 weeks. The salesperson, Richard ** ignored the design of the condo community that had grids for all windows and his concept of two windows with grids and center window without grids was rejected but apparently he communicated the rejected design to the window manufacturer even though the specs were changed. The windows arrived at the store and the installer could not install because the middle window was missing grid. Instead of getting a rush shipment of two plastic grids the salesperson simply sent an email to the manufacturer and went on vacation. The manufacturer said grid delivery would be almost three weeks later on March 24. Consequently instead of 14 weeks for installation my estimate it will be 22 weeks. Salesperson fails to expedite, disclose inform, delay information and answer text messages, calls to store department salespeople go unanswered.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I had my exterior siding replaced it was a messy one. They left the left over products on my driveway. I had to call the company, to pick it up. On the same contract, I had my 2 exterior doors that need replaced since August of 2021, I pay it cash. It was just completed today March 2022. I made lots of phone calls prior to this without good outcome. And I just realized that the door handles and locks are not part of the contract. How can you buy doors without handles and locks. If it is not included, the representative should had warned me. I was very stressed on this project. I had worst experience with this company. Never again I would be connected to Lowe’s Home Improvement. How I wished I just refunded the money and find a new contractor!

Original review: March 6, 2022

Lowe’s didn’t properly process an order pickup and did not process the payment for the order. A week later, they charged me again for the same purchase. I contacted both the store and customer service and they both said they can’t and won’t do anything about it. I just have to wait for them to fall off. The duplicate charge nearly emptied the available funds in my account which has caused an important payments for homeowner’s insurance and auto insurance to be declined.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Ordered over $2000 of wood and other products for a project as a delivery. My delivery was missing over $600 of plywood. The delivery driver told me that they knew the order was wrong but loaded him up anyway. He said because he was just a contracted driver that I’d have to contact the store for my missing items. Called the store twice that day and got put on hold for 40min. Called their 1-800 customer service line on two occasions filing a claim. Had to following up the next day after the store still failed to follow up with me. Talked to the store's operational manager twice and the lumber department manager over the next week. Twice they told me they would rectify the situation and twice they failed to even follow up with me. Never got my wood. Had to file a claim with my credit card today because Lowe's has been wildly incompetent. Absolutely disgraceful. Needless to say, as a man of principle, I will never spend another dollar at Lowe's.

Original review: March 1, 2022

BUYER BEWARE: Lowe's would LITERALLY rather kill me than fix their damages to my home. In 2020 I was diagnosed with two types of cancer, because of the extreme financial hardship imposed by cancer treatment as well as the terrible nature of one of these cancers (and its horrible statistics) coupled with the added stress and hardship caused by the pandemic, we were chosen by my oncologist office to be the recipient of the Christmas charity they do every year. We were asked to give a list of things we needed, including one "big ticket" item. For our "big ticket" item, we listed a new fridge- stating that our old fridge was not only too small but doesn't seal properly. Our 'Angels' went to Lowes's and purchased a fridge for us.

We were told by the organization to expect a delivery on my birthday (12/20/2020), this was after 6 months of red devil chemo, a complete mastectomy, a complete hysterectomy, and reconstruction, I was in the middle of radiation at this point). A Lowe's truck arrived at my house with a box from Lowe's, and this is where things went downhill. This was one of the WORST retail experiences I've ever had, these people proceeded to damage about 20 sq ft of flooring and break the leveling feet off of the new fridge, and THEN tried to tell me they weren't responsible for moving anything so they weren't responsible for the damages (the "anything" in question was the old fridge that they ASKED me where it should be moved to- I asked them to move it a total of 10 ft into our dining area).

They couldn't provide me with a number when I asked to speak to a supervisor, I couldn't even get them to keep their masks on IN my HOUSE, so I just called Lowe's. This was when I first heard of the company called RTL DIRECT, a contractor for Lowe's and so begins my real nightmare. This company has drug this out over a year, tried to get me kicked out of my house (it's a rental), tried to close my case for "lack of interest" after telling me they could only deal with the owner (who was cooperating with them), they have required REPEATED inspections and repeated bids- all of which I complied with, they have repeatedly told Lowe's it was resolved (according to Lowe's).

And despite me repeatedly furnishing Lowe's with written proof of RTL's misconduct (which has included things like having employees pose as supervisors on the phone with me, trying to tell me their inspector approved my claim for 'the amount of my deposit only' as if that's how deposits work and then instructing him to block my number after I told them I had spoken with their inspector again that morning and he denied this and asking them to intervene, I am fast approaching my lease renewal time (again) with RTL Direct once again trying to get me out of this place so they can do repairs cheaper and Lowe's (again) giving me the absolute runaround.

After reaching out (again) to their "executive customer service"- the first time I did this was last summer- and once again IMPLORING them to intervene- I've begged them for several alternatives from them advocating for me to them just doing the repairs themselves, I've been handed off to a woman who told me she couldn't help me last spring, and told me I have no choice but to deal with RTL Direct because my issue is with them, not Lowe's. I maintain that I NEVER hired RTL Direct for anything...

I made a purchase from LOWE'S. It's now been almost 2 weeks since Lowe's shuffled me off to this woman... I have called her several times, she has returned my call once (and didn't reach me). Meanwhile, my only contact for RTL Direct told me he would file harassment charges against me if I contact him again (this was during my second contact with him in a month's span). I am so shocked and appalled. (Any lawyers out there want to help me?)

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information