Find an Appliance Stores partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Called to get repair on LG washer. No problem. Washer had been leaking water apparently for a while. Mentioned water damage and was told they had coverage for this. He said he would connect me once an appointment was set up. He then did. Explained what happened and again I was told the store had insurance and was given a Case number. The repairs were completed Sept. 24, 2021. Two leaking valves. Timothy ** was who I contacted at the Owensboro Ky store. When I told him what happen, he said they were not responsible for my Plumbing, I told him my plumbing was fine, the valves were in the washer which I took photos of. I was put on hold and when he came back he said LG was responsible for factory defects. He said he would file a claim for me.

After a week or so I contacted LG myself. I had to file a claim myself. Per Sharon ** he nor Lowe's filed a Claim. Sent pictures to her and Lowe's. Claim denied by LG. I sent an email back to ask why, and if this a factory defect as Lowe's said? This was on Oct 20 2021. Also sent Lowe's an email it had been denied. Tried to get ahold of Mr ** the first over the weekend, he wasn't there. Asked when he would be in and was told they couldn't tell me? I have talked to 3 different people at 3 different Lowe's numbers and was told they have insurance for this. I was also given a number to call to file a claim myself. When I called this number and pushed all the numbers to file a claim, a recording answered and said basically to call the Store and ended the call. Some of my calls last over 2 hours which I finally hung up on. This washer has a 5 year warranty I bought thru Lowe's. It is over 4 years old now.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I made an online order for about $3,500. The charge was placed on my card and then within hours credited back. I got a notification from Lowe's that the payment was declined. I went back on to the order and noticed that half of the order was paid for, so I re-paid for the other half. Then yesterday Lowe's charged me AGAIN for the full amount. I am now charged twice for $3,500 and am told that it will release in a week or 2. This is totally unacceptable. I am not a rich person and having $3,500 tied up on my card has put me in a tough position. I have never worked with a worse company in my life, both in-store and online. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I had a carpet installed today and was very upset. Their installers didn't wear masks or have them and they used my bathroom 6 times in 2 hours. Called Lowe's and they said they would look into it. In this day no installer should behave this way. Very upset since room was torn apart. I wore my mask and then bleached after.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Lowe’s customer service does not even remotely compare to its major competitor (we all know who that is). Unfortunately, the competitor’s politics do not align with my beliefs, so I thought I would give these guys a chance. They blew it, first interaction. I will have to bite the bullet and patronize the other now. If you can’t even get something simple right the first time I deal with you, then that is not a great sign for future interactions. I ordered a gas fire pit and some rocks that go in the pit. I chose the option to have the order sent to my home. After the order was placed, I received an email telling me to pick it up at a store in San Jose, California, I live 600 miles away!

I immediately canceled the order and tried to place it again. I was then given an error message when trying to re-enter my gift card number, telling me the balance was at zero. I called to have this rectified, only to “greeted” by a person fumbling with the phone line on the other end, long pause, then a “hello”. Her name was Linda, and after asking, she proceeded to tell me the gift card balance “normally” will be sent to me on a different gift card in the mail. I asked for proof of this as she didn’t sound too sure of anything… at all. Her reply was, “what do you want me to do about it”, so by then, I was fed up and advised her I just want my money back so I can spend it at their place of business. She proceeded to speak to me condescendingly, so I asked to put her supervisor on the line.

After holding for 20 minutes, Dawn, the alleged supervisor came on the line to tell me my gift card balance would be mailed to me in 2 separate mailings with 2 different gift cards within 7 to 10 business days! I advised I needed the order sooner. Her reply, “you can go ahead and place the order before you receive the gift cards in the mail”. I then asked how I could apply the gift card balance to an order if I place it before they arrive. Her reply, “you can’t”. By this point, I was just laughing because ordering an item online should not involve this much stress and not be this complicated. AVOID THIS PLACE if you enjoy peace and sanity. Shop here if you crave chaos and beating your head against walls.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Paid almost $17,000 going on 8 months ago. 5 months later they tore up my kitchen & partially installed my new cabinets. Installers had to be watched every minute they were at our home. The minute you went into another room they installed something improperly. Now, another 3 months later my kitchen is still torn up and the job remains incomplete. What a disgraceful company! What a deluded bunch of slothful, misleading clowns!

Lowe's Installations personnel try to talk their way out of the pit they are in by continually pumping you full of misleading information & excuses. They seem offended that you would call them to find out when - if ever - their installation will be complete. Today I asked them if they would commit to having the cabinets installed given another 15 years. They wouldn't even commit to completing the installation if I gave them 15 more years to do it. That should tell you all you need to know about these slothful deadbeats.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

They do not stand by their products and after dodging us for 6 months they outright lie to avoid having to honor their extended protection plan. Our fridge failed under warranty and they refused to do anything about it, despite having paid 200$ for the protection plan. Shady selfish business practices. Do not trust them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I made an order on the 17th of September with delivery date of 10th of October. Since then, Delivery date as changed three times. I woke up to another change in delivery to date reflecting 10th of November. To say I am disappointed in Lowe's and your delivery schedule and handling is to say the least. The system is so unreliable and deceitful. Despite my two weeks ago call regarding constant changes in my delivery date, and reserved apologies tendered by the customer representative I spoke with, telling me that would be the last change in delivery date, another changes came through today. LET THE BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

If you want quality work done for a good price and have everything communicated with you, don't hire Lowe's. The overall cost of a fence installation was over 4k, which should have been a red flag already. So we have our installation date set, and the contractors they hire came and said to us 'where are the materials'. Apparently lowes was supposed to drop them off. Lowes drops them off the following day and the contractors make a new appointment of the following week.

Day of installation: no show. So I called them and they said they're at another site and they'll come later. I call once again and they say they're not coming but they'll come the following week. The next installation date comes, it rains so they cancel. The next installation: they can't come because they hit a septic tank and now they need to deal with that. The next installation: they come and find lowes delivered the wrong materials. THEY LEAVE WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING. So I called them and they told me what happened. Why didn't they tell me before they left? So I call lowes, obviously upset, and they deliver the correct materials. Overall, this process took 5 weeks. Don't hire lowes. They really truly suck. Find a smaller contractor.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Ordered a cabinet door from Lowe’s in Delaware in May. Door was delivered to the store on Sept 14 from Shuler. Called the store and was told they did not have it. After 5 more calls to the store and an additional 5 calls to corporate customer service (total of about 6 hours phone time) was told there was nothing they could do for me. Worst customer service ever. Will never buy from them again!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

My order was sent to an old address. I ordered paint online due to the store not stocking items. I took a screenshot of the completed order showing my current Texas address because an email did not come immediately. The next day I received the invoice and confirmation with an old Indiana address from 2 years ago. So their computer system changed the address which customer service verified happened. They saw my current Texas addresses in my account and yet any order they tried to do also showed the system changing shipping to Indiana. None will look at my proof of ordering with the correct address either.

I did call customer service immediately the day of receiving the email invoice/ order confirmation to correct the issue of the address being changed by their system. The products had not been sent out but no one could change the address. They first told me I needed to do that with FedEx even though the FEDEX website says only the sender can make a change of address.

I kept checking with FedEx and it was moving towards Indiana instead of Texas, and after 4 calls to Lowes Customer Service with each one assuring me it was cared for, I finally got one item from order but the other 3 items went to Indiana. 3 more calls to LOwes with assurances they were caring for the issue with FedEx and still nothing. Today I finally found out the refund department has repeatedly refused to grant a refund even though I was told multiple times it is coming. I must track down their problem from their system created for a refund. NEVER going to order from Lowes again!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Tub arrived broken - large item! Shipper (truck driver) indicated he couldn't take it back, must accept then contact Lowe's. Exceptionally difficult to reach anyone at Lowe's. Difficult to arrange pick up. Spent value of tub in hours to manage this. Better to buy full price at local plumbing store and have service. Similarly, when I bought an oversized ladder from Lowe's last year, went to pick up and they couldn't find it. Service counter had me wait full hour for "manager" who never showed, then never called and couldn't be reached by phone for three days. Again, service issues not worth any cost savings. And service issues are common in my experience.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Trying to update our newly bought condo we bought this subway tile from Lowe's. During day lighting the tile blends in with the other tile, which is of no fault of the installation, but at night with the lights on the tile looks like the photos. Lowe's response was they can only offer a refund if we bring every tile back undamaged. The tile is fully installed making that absurdly impossible. But don't worry, you will get a 10% discount on future tile from Lowe's where you will most likely get the same result.

We went with Lowe's expecting them to stand behind the product they sell to a consumer. Unfortunately for us, they don't care about putting out crap product. We spent $1,200 for the installation of the tile in various areas and are now forced to completely redo everything that was done. With a child soon on the way, we will have to deal with all the dust created by redoing this mess Lowe's created which may cause issues for my wife and soon to be child. If you want a company that doesn't stand behind their product, please shop at Lowe's.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

As stated went to Lowe's, purchased a few months ago. 2 units, one was defective when used. Other I opened yesterday, it was used, put back in the box and sold as new to me. Neither Lowe's or Duraflame help.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Ordered Engineered Wood flooring from Lowe's Dublin. BJM Construction did the inspection and estimates. They came for installation and after taking 2 days for 2nd floor flooring, was told at the end of 3rd day that staircase nose is wrong type and they can't do staircase. Whole staircase area is a mess as carpet is removed already. I am chasing them since yesterday to find out what are they doing to get right staircase nose and when can I expect it to be installed but no update from them yet. As I write this review I am on Lowe's phone line placed on hold for flooring department and no one is there to even pick up the phone.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I ordered cabinets from Lowe’s. They are extremely disappointing due to the poor quality. Some came out of the box broken. The glazing is on some cabinets, some is missing, many have smears. The paint wipes off one cabinet.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I purchased Samsung range that was advertised with a Backsplash rebate in Nov. 2020. I was to submit the info and wait 2-4 weeks for delivery of the rebate. After many, many emails and promises, insisting that I wait 8 additional weeks after each email I submitted, it now has been ten months (10) and I have still not received it. Their communication department is deplorable and with only one exception, no emphasis or importance is placed on customer service. The company should receive a fine for false advertising. After all, it was one of the reasons that I purchased the Samsung stove.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

We have had three delivery appointments and they have failed to make any of them. Three days off work and no washer. Two were no call no show. One was just a call to cancel after 8:00 PM and they didn’t know when it was going to be delivered.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Bought a Refrigerator Sept 8. Supposed to deliver in 3 days. Never did and it now 9/25, pulled the same ** 4 more times. Management did not care. Did not get back to me. Wrote 4 emails to the CEO. Same thing. He never replied. Had some flunky respond but did nothing. I am now in the process of suing them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Placed an order online for a drawer slide on Sept 10, 2021. The delivery date was set for Sept. 20,2021. Called Lowe's on Sept.22 (2 days after the promised date) to inquire about why I did not yet received my order. Not only that I did not get any good explanation but I was put on hold for 55 mins and referred to the vendor that they buy my order from. So I called the vendor which in "Custom Service Hardware" and talked to the customer service person. His name was Caleb. Also all he said was it was already shipped and promised to e-mail me an update before the day ends. I made him aware that it is 1:15pm California time since he mention they are eastern time.

Day went by, next day went by and another day went by, no update no product. Mid-day today Sept 24 the product delivered but no update. I am writing this review to make aware for people that plan to put an online order at Lowe's that their delivery methods were very poor. By the way, who delivered? Was FedEx. If you have no choice to order your items except Lowe's, ask Lowe's who is their delivery people or company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Ordered a rug online, it delayed 3 times, then it came damaged, I called and was told I'd get a follow up call the next day, and then a call in 4 days for them to drop off a new rug and take the old one, but no one ever called me, and when I had to call back they claimed no knowledge of my first call, and refused to do anything about my situation. Customer Service Rep's Manager's name was Sean. We won't be ordering from them again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

The sales person came out and gave me a quote, the fence installer showed up and that is when things went awry. The guy that came out was the brother of the fence contractor, and when I saw him outside my home I went out and asked if he was there to install my fence, the attitude started, he answered at 7AM. Which with the condescending tone I thought the answer was inappropriate. After I moved my pickup, and car to give them access the boards, and gate to enter the back yard, which is why I asked him the initial question, he entered the back yard and informed the fence may be as high as 3-5" off the ground in areas, which was strange in my opinion. We discussed that for a while and he and two other men got to work. I asked him to set the posts at 6" center off the existing fence line of the neighbors, in places it is almost a foot off the line, as I discovered after the fence was installed.

There were 20 boards extra delivered, but instead of using those the brother of the contractor installed 17 badly stained boards, some with almost 45 degree angles on the bottom. When my wife asked about the stains she was told the rain would wash the chemical used in treating the boards off. This did not happen. When I attempted to contact the sales person, and installation coordinator, to this day 3 months later neither has responded.

After 3 weeks of calling and emailing them, I got a hold of another install coordinator, and a work order was created which according to contractor was never sent, after another call, the contractor showed in over a month after the install, and took photos, and then I saw the attitude ran in the family, he said if Lowes would pay him to replace the boards he would. He let me know that he would not stop what he was working on to do it though, and that he would do it if it rained where he had a job, but it wasn't raining here. Lowes called and said the boards would be replaced. I have called customer support, and the store repeatedly, and the ugly boards are still there for us to look at each and every day. DO NOT use Lowes Installation. The install was June 16, 2021, and as I write this today September 18, 2021 nothing has been done.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Hired Lowe's to replace a fence and paid them in full after agreeing to hire them. After more than 5 months, they never did the work and I had to ask for a refund for which they shorted us the permit fee. Hiring Lowe's did nothing but cost me over $250 with nothing to show for it. If you're looking to get a project completed, avoid Lowe's and hire someone else.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Their customer service may be worse than Comcast! I have been remodeling a house and have spent well over $30K with Lowe's so far on this project. Their delivery service is hands down the worst I've ever dealt with. To add insult to injury, whenever there is a problem with a delivery you will be spending no less than forty-five minutes on the phone and deal with two to three people that will undoubtedly drop the ball. You are supposed to get a heads up call thirty minutes before your delivery....that never happens. This last delivery (a stove) I received a text @ 12:26pm stating they were ten minutes from my house. The delivery was supposed to be between 1:00pm and 5:00pm. I told them that nobody would be at the house until 1:00pm. I asked them if they were going to drop it off after 1:00pm or if they were rescheduling. Their response was: "No sr I'm on the phone." (I didn't make a typo, this is exactly how it was sent to me.)

My response was: "That's not even a response to my question!" I tried to call them, no answer. I went to the house, they were gone. At this point I had no idea if they were rescheduling or what was going on due to their lack of proper communication. I have a busy schedule so I left. At 2:38pm the delivery guy calls and says he's at my house, no warning at all this time. I told him I was twenty minutes away, he told me I'd have to reschedule. The delivery company called and after I explained what happened I was put on hold which disconnected after about two minutes. I made two calls to the local Lowe's location and was met with nothing but confusion from their employees. I called the 1-800 number and spoke with them for twenty-eight minutes. I was told that they would contact the store and they had forty-eight hours to contact me or the problem would be escalated to the corporate office. This call was made at 5:46 on Wednesday.

Lowe's never called to straighten this out. Instead, they send me an e-mail at 2:24am Friday stating, "Great news, your item has been delivered." It's 5:45am on Tuesday morning, I have jumped through multiple hoops, spent about two hours on the phone, driven to my house being worked on, twice. Now Lowe's has completely dismissed the whole delivery fiasco, not holding any of their people accountable for what has happened, not taking any responsibility for what they have put me through. They have now started a lost item claim for the stove I paid $1,379.00 for. Someone will contact me within twenty-four hours of my call to them around 9:45 yesterday morning. I've got $100 that says I won't receive that call! Any takers? I've got about $30K more I'll be spending on this remodel. Lowe's won't be getting a dime of that!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I purchased Blinds and Storm doors to be installed. I received the blinds, had to go to the store to let them know because customer service didn’t have a clue what department I needed to talk to. Tried for over a week to get the installation scheduled because the company Redline or whatever wouldn’t schedule and kept saying they didn’t have info even though the Lowe’s installation department contacted them several times.

Finally got a schedule date that was 2 weeks out after already waiting a week. Lowe’s received my storm doors on 8/31/21, no install setup, I went to store on 9/2, the store contacted the installation department, was told they would contact me by the next day for install date…of course that didn’t happen. I contacted the installation dept 9/7/21. They contacted Summit installation and was told they didn’t know the items were received. Remember the store called them while I was there on 9/2. So I’m waiting today 9/7 to see when/if I’ll receive a call to schedule. I will never use Lowe’s to install anything, and I’ll never recommend anyone else to use them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I purchased a kitchen bundle online. Order # ** ...I had requested a 6/12/21 delivery date. I didn't get an option for delivery for the stove so had to pick that up myself at the store. I have a very bad back and my wife is handicapped. On 6/6/21 they delivered a damaged refrigerator without the icemaker line that wasn't going to get delivered until 6/12/21. The refrigerator was damaged so they took it back. I called and was told that it would get redelivered on 6/12/21 although it states on my account that it had been delivered on the 6th and never corrected, so I waited. I was contacted by XPO Logistics that my delivery was on its way. When it got here it was only the microwave and icemaker line. Driver said refrigerator was on another truck. I called XPO delivery service of which I was hung up on twice before I got to talk to someone and was informed that the refrigerator was no longer in stock and would have to contact the store.

I contacted the Oldsmar store #2639 and was transferred to Assistant Manager Stacey **. She was awesome. She tracked down another refrigerator for me and it was delivered the next day on 6/13/21. (The delivery men from XPO Logistics barely spoke English and informed me that they would not hook up ice maker line because it was copper of which I was not informed until they showed up. I said I would hook it up and then they left without removing any of the tape on the inside or helping me push in to the hole. (They said something about install that I couldn't understand and left.) I asked about my dishwasher and was told that it was coming out of store #2360. Stacey gave the the name of Mark ** to talk to.

The dishwasher was supposed to be installed and online it said ready for installers to pick up. According to Mark it was never scheduled with them and they weren't opened on weekends of which I was not informed. The dishwasher was delivered today 6 14/21 (by my request to Mark) due to the fact that I had not heard from the install company, Crume Installations. They finally contacted me today and scheduled and said that it would not be installed until 7/2/21. Today is the 14th and I was under the impression that all would be done by the 12th. I will have to hire my own plumber to install the dishwasher. (I do expect to be reimbursed for the install)..

06/19/2021.. I just got my plumber to hook up dishwasher so that is finally done.. Now my refrigerator is making a noise that I know is not normal... The nightmare continues. I am extremely dissatisfied with Lowe's online ordering. The ball was dropped at every turn. I had to track down every piece of my order with no help from the online customer service. Stacey and Mark were the only professionals I dealt with. Everyone else was totally incompetent and unprofessional. I look forward to hearing back from Lowe's about my install refund and my 10% discount from bill for payment for my time doing lowe's online work for them.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I purchased a dishwasher from Lowe's, including an extended warranty. I've been trying since June to get it fixed. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Lowe's. They have promised three times that they are shipping the part needed for repair and scheduled a repairman, but the part never arrives, and I have to cancel the repair appointment. I adjust my schedule to accommodate these appointments so my time is wasted. Lowe's only response is to call warranty services AGAIN. The extended warranty I purchased was for repair or, if repair isn't possible, replace. The company they use for warranty work, A&E, deemed the dishwasher unrepairable since no part is available yet Lowe's continues giving me the run around.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Lowe’s in Bridgewater. Wanted to buy a security system. They had a tag that they said bring to the cashier. When I brought it to the cashier she left. Never came back. Finally she signal me to come over to her. She told me that she knew nothing about it and couldn’t help me. I asked if she could have somebody help me. She said no. I asked if I could talk to manager. Manager came over and told me that I’m not to ask her the question. I asked him if he could help me. He said no and I was totally wrong. I called Lowe’s complaint department explain my story to them. They showed me that somebody be calling me. This was four months ago. I still have not received a call from anybody. I feel as if I wasted my time call in a complaint department because nothing happened. I hope nobody else has a bad experience in the Bridgewater Lowe’s store. Good luck. Chuck

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Lowe's delivers the roof materials on a Monday and roofer was to start on Tuesday. All materials was not delivered so the roof did not start. 3 weeks later he start and finished in 5 business days last then a week I got leaks. Call roofer. Could not get him. Called Lowe's and they put a work order in. He came out next day and put a mess of roofing cement by the chimney which stop that leak but this is a temporary repair. The other leaks he is telling me the design of the roof ain't letting the drip edge to lay flat. Still leaking and he is to be out in a couple of days and he is not sure how to fix it. Try to call the lowe's store and they pick up and hang up. Sales guy will not return calls or text.

I guess the roof will need to be repaired when the lowe's warranty is up in a year by a professional roofer. Ridge shingles are space out so there is a black transition line on them. No one at lowe's seems to care about the roof leaking. Ask if they could send out different installer to see if this was installed correctly and they refuse say I have to stick with the installer who did this work. I am trying to cancel the gutter job from lowe's and was told I got to drive an hour to the store because they do not answer their phones. Do not use Lowe's for installation. Hire a professional that does it for a living. The lowe's are not professionals. They are poor contractor who could not find work because they suck.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I had over 1000 ft.² of carpet installed by Lowe’s. The seams were not done correctly and I had a large seam appear across my entire master bedroom eight months after the installation. The installation was under warranty for a year. After six months of trying to get assistance and at least four visits to my house by different inspectors, Lowes now says there’s nothing they can do despite the fact that we have areas that are missing padding, padding is bunched up in doorways, and a large seam is visible in the master bedroom and all hall doorways, Would recommend strongly against using Lowe’s flooring installation.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Just can't believe you can't even buy reputable products anymore without a review. Been shopping at Lowe's for years. Bought their house paint, Valspar, to paint my bathroom. Did the proper steps. Washed the walls and door. Let it air dry for 24 hours. Very thick paint, so one coat was fine. Took longer to spread because it was thicker, but in the end, I was OK with that. Went to take the edging tape off, and although paint was dry...came off with the tape in many spots. Tried to just do a touchup, but you can see the difference in the stop and start of the paint. Called Lowe's to talk about it. The associate I got wasn't concerned about my grievance. Thanks. Save me the effort to not buy paint there again.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information