Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

We ordered a dishwasher online on Black Friday. Our order was accepted and was being processed. On the following Wednesday, we received an emailing stating that they had cancelled our order. We called Lowe's to find out what happened and were told that they had run out of stock and offered to "let us buy" the same dishwater at nearly double the price. They also offered to let us buy a much lesser model at our original price.

I told the representative that what they were doing was illegal (bait and switch). I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for several minutes. Then I was told that no supervisor was available and it would be at least 24 hours before they could contact us. I was put on hold again and after several minutes a supervisor suddenly became available. We got the same "runaround." The result: no dishwasher. I after the call, I reviewed comments about Lowe's online and found several similar experiences. I will not recommend purchasing anything from Lowe's.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I placed an order online for an in store pick up. When I was notified that the order was ready, I called in to confirm that the order was there and ready to go. Which that on its own was a nightmare. Nobody answered the phone over there. I had to call 5 times before anyone answered the phone. When I finally got through to someone, they told me everything was there and waiting. However, when I arrived at the store, nobody could find my order. I stood in the front of the store for 50 minutes while the people were looking. And they clearly weren't looking very hard. Because after 50 minutes of looking, I walked around the corner to where all the other pick up orders were sitting, and it took me about 30 seconds to find mine.

As if this wasn't bad enough, believe it or not, it actually gets worse. There was an item missing. And they flat out refused to give a refund or find the missing item. I was forced to pay the full price of the full order (which was already charged to my card prior to all this) and go home without a $153 item! What am I supposed to now. Because the rest of the order is useless without that missing $153 item, but I certainly don't want to ever deal with their incompetence ever again.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Order confirmed when I purchased a new fridge for delivery on their Black Friday sale. Paid for haul away of old fridge, purchased extended purchase plan. Order confirmation said delivery 12/2/2019, being fulfilled by Gainesville store. Then next day email saying ready for pick up in Buford GA store. After more than 45 minutes on phone with Buford, supposed to have it all worked out, to be delivered on 12/3/2019. Today get another email saying ready for pickup at Suwanee store. Called Buford back. Manager did not seem to know anything, just said, "Your fridge is in Suwanee," and to go pick it up - go figure!

After several minutes on phone with her, she said, "Will be calling Suwanee store to get this corrected." I am holding my breath that tomorrow does not come with yet another email saying pick up at some other store! What a nightmare this is becoming. I am totally regretting that I passed up similar fridge at Home Depot now. Dont know if I will ever get my fridge delivered as it was supposed to be all along. And cannot seem to make any progress because Lowes keeps handing order off to another store, may be a year or longer if they have to assign to every store in the state. Run from these folks for online orders. If you cannot get it in store, go somewhere else!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This comment is for Victor ** at the Olympia Store, Kitchen Project Specialist. Victor was welcoming, knowledgeable, and courteous. He approached us as we were trying to make a review of appliances. Victor helped us in layman's terms find the best appliances for what we needed, not what I thought I needed. He understood our needs very quickly and found discounts for us that I wasn't aware of. I would go out of our way to work with Victor again. I generally go to your competitor but thought I would give the store a shot, and you've made me a convert. Victor is a real asset to the store.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Me and my Husband wanted a chain link fence installed for the safety of the little grandkids. We went to Home Depot, the prices were very steep, so we went with Lowes. This process started in June, we needed to pay up front so the product could be ordered, we did. Our scheduled installation was July 17 2019. The installers came without notification, my husband saw them on our security cameras, he went home for lunch and met them, they cut our Patio blocks to install the walkway fence, (I did not approve) the workers comment to my husband was the gate was too long (the fence was too small so they cut into my patio blocks instead of putting the post in the dirt). Also the 2 drive gates were too small for our vehicles to fit through.

I came home to continue to watch them and found the fence being put in front of our main drain line in the back, I questioned the worker (he was not fluent in English). I advised the fence post needed to be further back before he finished, he stated he did not want to touch the tree line, and refused to move them. I called the office, they stated they would call me back, I had to call 3 days and threaten to call corporate. I finally got a call back from Chelsea. She stated they would reach out to me the next week, that did not happen. I called again spoke with Michael, he would put me off every time for about 4 days.

Finally Bryan Lowes Salesman) came to look at the finished work, found that both gates were too small and noticed the drain on the outside of the fence. Bryan contacted the contractor and advised them of the corrections they needed to do, and ordered the drive gates, when I spoke with Michael again 3 weeks later he stated he only knew of 1 drive gate not 2, I corrected him. He investigated and released I was correct, and ordered the 2nd.

WE are now into October, and they want to correct the positing of the fence line and change the 2 drive gates, well the workers did not have cement to pour for the new post, (they had to go and buy some) now the post after 1 week are not sturdy and the fence moves (very wobbly) and the drive gate in our driveway is so uneven that upon opening it drags on the concrete. Of course I called and complained to Michael, he stated he would get them back out to correct again. They came back a week later. Poured more cement, but did nothing about the gate dragging. I am now livid. Very disappointed with LOWES.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Bought a storm door with installation. Was Told that the door would be installed within 10 business days of arrival. The installer kept rescheduling our installation appointment, not even calling to tell us they weren’t going to make it during the scheduled installation appointment, and gave us attitude when we complained. Called Lowe’s to request another installer be assigned because the 10 days had come and gone. They (the installation customer service dept.) said if they did that it would take even longer and that we should give this installation company one more chance and that we could receive compensation for the issues.

The installation was finally done but no compensation. Instead they are wasting our time sending us in circles from customer service to actual store and back to customer service. It’s been multiple phone calls and 3 weeks since this all happened and no resolution. This company is irresponsible and horrible. Will never shop there again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Waited 4 hours for delivery today but of course a no show. Called store and let phone ring 50 minutes. Happened yesterday also when tried to confirm my delivery. Finally went over to store. Took 1 hour to find someone who could tell me what happened. No one let me know of the change to my order and scheduled delivery. They could care less about customer service. Lowe's, the unhelpful mega store. Just a big black hole when it comes to customer service.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

We remodeled our kitchen and bought new appliances, etc. and need to replace our backsplash. We had a stick adhesive backsplash that looked terrible. We went to Lowes and found just what we needed and it was so reasonable. Our sales clerk was very helpful and informative and we found just what we wanted. We ordered it and then it was installed a couple of weeks later. We had the most competent and awesome installed. His name was Ricardo and he does fabulous work. He was fast efficient and got it done in a day and it looks beautiful. His work was flawless and the job has enhanced our kitchen décor so much. Thanks to Lowes in the Norton Common area on hwy 22 and to Ricardo for a great job. We are happy customers.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I ordered a Craftsman handsaw online and chose to pick up in the store. I was sent an email stating we are preparing your order. That was days ago. Never heard a thing from Lowe’s. I was able to check the status using my order number and to my surprise my order said CANCELLED!!!! Thanks for nothing Lowe’s. Guess your company is so big that your customers don’t matter. Why was my order cancelled or do you even care? Nope!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I bought a Samsung fridge in 2017 with Lowe's warranty, with my military discount (which they do not give anymore when item is on sale) for over $2400. I have had service 4 times on the icemaker (5th time this week). When I called last week for my 5th service call & the warranty dept told me they were going to do a buyout, gave me a claim number & said I'd get $2200 returned once all settled.

Sunday, I went on their website, purchased a different brand with my Lowe's cc, lo and behold, they delivered it the very next day Monday. Later that day I got a call saying the person misspoke & I do not qualify for a buyout, because 2 of the service calls were through factory warranty & 2 were through extended. The 5th one in their eyes is only the 3rd one. So now I have 2 fridges in my home, they would rather come get the new one, bring my Samsung up from my basement, have it repaired again. Not to mention I'm a disabled vet & it took me 3 hours to empty my fridge onto my deck, also I have to do it all over again. Lowe's does not care one bit about veterans or anyone else! I have shredded my Lowe's cc & if you are smart, you'll do the same thing!!!

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information