Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2976 Lowe's Home Improvement Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I used Lowe's Installation to install quartz kitchen countertops and tile backsplash with the assumption that they would schedule the installations to complete the project in a timely manner. This was NOT the case by any means! They contract out to different companies and are basically "hands-off" unless you reach out to them. There is a "Project Coordinator" that contacts you but he/she really doesn't know or seem to care what is going on. You have to pay for the complete project upfront so you are at their mercy after that. If I had contracted out my project, I would not have been required to pay in full prior to the installation of my product. I would NOT use Lowe's Installation for future projects!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We bought all kitchen appliances from Lowe's, brand KitchenAid on May 31st, 2019. Today is August 7th and they postponed 7 times the delivery and they do not have a confirmation to delivery the appliances. It's unbelievable, KitchenAid does not delivery to Lowe's and Lowe's say that they can not do anything. I have called KitchenAid customer service, and they said: "We do not talk with the customer, it has to be between the customer and the store (Lowe's)". Lowe's accept their terms and do not do anything. Terrible experience...

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Went to Lowes to buy another washer, the 3rd GE washer died, and was determined to buy another brand. Too many fails in 5 years, and lots of fixes. Picked out a Maytag and requested a 5 year warranty be added. Well, it got delivered today, and turned out to be another GE with a 3 year warranty.... NOT what I wanted! Paid cash, and now have what I did not want. Went back to the store, and another person this time put in the RIGHT one into the computer, and paid cash for it. So now I have 2 washers that are paid for, and one I do not have as yet. They are supposed to pick up the one I did not want when the new one arrives. I am also supposed to get a refund on the GE, but that will not happen until the other gets delivered, and then I have to go back to the store again for a refund! They do not check what they are ordering nor do they pay attention to what you are telling them!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I contracted with Lowe's, after getting a somewhat similar bid from another deck company. I liked that I would get a military discount, and financing was better. So they got the business. I used their online DIY design tool, and everything was going good. Shortly after the project started, I noticed things I didn't like. At first, I dealt directly with the installing contractors, and they were nice about it. Offering to fix the short comings. But everything they did was a hack job, and was done with very little precision, to none.

Getting frustrated with having numerous conversations with the contractors to fix bad work, I next got with installation manager, and had her come on site and talk about it. She came on site, and agreed that things were not up to par. She was going to meet with the installers on site the following Monday to deal with the issues. She did, and they addressed some of the issues, but it still looked horrible. Baluster rails that were cut to odd lengths, the ends were supposed to be cut to 45 degrees…some were close, others were nowhere near. As well as some of them had a side pitch cut to them. It was obvious that instead of setting up a jig on a miter saw to make consistent cuts, everything was just being hand cut with a circular saw or something like that. Plus they tried to fix some of these bad angles by cutting them in place, which resulted in cuts on the 2x4 they were attached to.

Add to that, multiple balusters were loose, and you could easily pull them off by hand. I got back on the phone with the general contractor, and explained. Also explained how horrible even the quality of the chosen wood was. It was literally explained to me that this is the standard at Lowe's. I told her that if I knew any of this I would have never given them my business.

I had also previously pointed out to her on site that I felt there was structural corners cut as well. I showed things to her, and she even took pictures and notes of it. It was later explained to me that the structural aspect was up to par. I highly beg to differ. I found where a post that is supposed to be attached to the cement footer, is just resting on it. Plus the deck isn't even putting any weight on it. You can grab the post and move it around with your hands. The support beams that rest in the hurricane clips, things aren't even nailed together tight. How is that structural? There are also places where the hurricane clips don't line up with the post and a nail is shot through and completely misses the post.

Beyond that from aesthetics, they didn't even bother using the spacers that came in the massive box of deck screws to put down the deck boards. Some of them have 1/8" gap, while others we measured out like 7/8" gap. Not to mention that they didn't even use 1/4 of the big bucket of deck screws. So why didn't they buy smaller quantity? Or add to that the fact that the plans called for doubled up 2X12’s across the front. They aren’t doubled up. Yet it was in the bill. I could continue to go on and on. There are crooked cuts, stairs that don’t sit level, stairs that are crooked. We had just got our house painted before this, and instead of working around the gutter, they ripped it off the wall, and bent it out of the way.

When I brought it to their attention, they were proud to tell me that they had mismeasured and I was lucky as my deck was a foot bigger. But what about my gutter? If they had followed plans, they would have gone next to it. Or if they would have used common sense, they would have questioned it. But instead they tell me, “That’s not us.” So now I have to figure out how to redo my gutter, as well as fix the new exposed paint on a two story house, and the icing on that cake, they chipped the trim at the bottom with a nail gun when they were attaching the ugly straps for the stairs. Yet when I brought it up to them, the response was along the lines of not their problem. The deck is approximately 20X30, and I have close to 50 pictures and videos of issues that are just horribly executed. I’m at the point where I’d rather have them rip the entire thing out and start over with the other contractor who specialized in decks.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I have been a customer of Lowe's for 22 years. I purchased a refrigerator online from Lowe's in an April 2019 sale, and at the same time learned that I was going to need to have mold remediation from 2018 Hurricane Michael after the damage from my roof was completed. As portions of my ceiling will have to be crashed in during the remediation and workers will be moving furniture, and because I do not want to have my refrig damaged, I have had to postpone the completion of my order several times. I had no choice. I did this while working with my insurance agency and mold remediation people to agree on a contracted amount. On 8-1-19 I learned that I have asbestos in the paint of my ceiling--so again--I am now on hold to begin my remediation because asbestos requires special handling and yet more negotiation. Lots of disappointments. So I was again forced to push back the delivery of my refrig to Sept 15.

Very shortly after, a hold was put on the entire amount that would be charged for my refrig in the checking account of my credit union. This is in spite of the fact that no charges have been incurred since April--and everyone I have talked with thus far has been fine with my needing to postpone in response to their policy, which is to take the money out of the buyer's account 2 days before the item is delivered. My delivery date was canceled yesterday by myself, but it had been reset for Sept 15 on Aug 1. That day I spent 4 hours on the phone with several employees, some rude and with no demonstrated concern for my problem. Their answers were moreover inconsistent.

Two employees, for example, assured me that that there would be no hold and that it would be corrected. Others told me that there would be with much circular talk. I believe that Lowe's wanted me to cancel my order, perhaps because it has been going on for so long. However my reasons were good ones. I regret that there is no better way to address the gross disrespect Lowe's demonstrates for its customers, and have complained about store management problems in the last 6 months to Lowe's customer service dept. to no good apparent end. For this reason although I will not be shopping at Lowe's anymore, I have reached out to Consumer Affairs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Purchased an extended warranty for an induction cooktop from Lowe's. It started to malfunction just over a year after we started using it (purchased in late 2017-- didn't move back in until April 2018), so the manufacturer's warranty was out. After two visits from an outside vendor that Lowe's sent, it was determined to be unfixable. Lowe's issued me a gift card for the purchase price of the cooktop (which was not really acceptable to me--I feel I should've been issued a credit at the store immediately) that took 3 weeks to arrive. I was also told I would have to "apply" for funds to have the cooktop installed -- it was not included on the gift card. (Again not acceptable -- but I really had no choice at this point). I was told I could by the rep that I had to do this AFTER I purchased the new cooktop (but could be done BEFORE the actual installation).

Once the card arrived, I called the extended warranty folks back to set up the purchase, installation (and installation reimbursement) of the new cooktop (as instructed by the initial warranty rep.) I was told by the phone rep (after being on hold for about an hour) that it would be easier to go to the store in person, purchase the cooktop and set up installation through the store (I now know it was easier for him, not me.) So, I drive out to the store and speak with a Lowe's employee (who happened to be the manager of the appliance department). I had already picked out a different cooktop (because why would I buy the same cooktop that quit after only 1 year of use?) and made sure the measurements of the new cooktop, (based on the pdf file from the company) fit in the countertop.

I was told by this manager that I would have to pay $35 dollars to have it measured "by a professional" before they would install it. I told him that I would not pay it -- it was Lowe's responsibility. His response was "well you have money left on the card because the new cooktop is cheaper -- just use the gift card for that". It took several explanations from me to make him understand that the gift card was for the purchase price of the cooktop only, not the installation or measurement (which I had already paid for during the remodel). He called someone and spent about 20 minutes talking to someone at the warranty department. He then told me everything was taken care of -- I should receive a phone call from the outside installation company.

Before leaving, I verified verbally that all I had to do was wait for a phone call from the installation company, set up the measurement appt, purchase the cooktop with the gift card and it would be installed. He said "Yes sir". After about 2 weeks, no phone call. I called the Lowe's Store back and was greeted by a very short tempered female. She stated she couldn't find me in the computer by my name or phone #. She then stated I must be calling the wrong store. She then stated she was the only person that works in appliances I couldn't have spoken with anyone other than her.

After I described her boss to her, she put him on the phone without an apology for basically calling me a liar to my face. The manager then proceeded to lie to me telling me that he told me I had to pay the $35 dollars before someone would come measure an opening. I asked to speak with his manager -- he tried to stonewall me but eventually gave me the Store Managers name, who he said was not present at the store and had no work cell phone number.

So at this point, I am done with the speaking with the store employees and call corporate to complain. If you ever tried to put in a complaint with a large corporation, you probably know you have to tell your story to several different people. I spoke with 3 different representatives, repeating my story for each one. The first rep was polite but unable to answer any of my questions/complaints. The second rep, a supervisor, was rude and short and cut me off at every sentence. She also called me a liar to my face (that makes 3 employees in the span of 30 minutes who said my description of events were wrong), saying the attempted repairs could not have happened the way I described and that nobody at Lowe's would tell me that the installation was covered. So now, not only is the measurement not covered, but the neither is the installation.

She continually cut me off mid-sentence and I finally had to tell her to let me speak to her manager. The last manager was polite.. He told me that the installation WAS covered (but I would still have to pay the company THEN apply for reimbursement) but he did not have the authority to override the $35 "measurement fee" (which did not need to be done because according to both of the manufacturers installation guides and my own measurements -- the new cooktop would fit -- it had a wider variance on the cutout dimensions than the old cooktop. I am not sure what "expertise" is needed beyond that).

My wife and I purchased all of our appliances and much more for our home remodel and exclusively shop there for all of our home improvement needs. We drive by the other Big box Home Improvement store (the orange one) to go to Lowe's. I finally asked the representative if losing customers who had spent over $30,000 in their stores (20k on just appliances) over the past two years was worth it over $35 dollars. He said there was nothing he could do. I then requested that they cancel the gift card and send me a check for the amount on the gift card, which he obliged. He could not even tell me how long it will take to get the check to me but I'm assuming another 3 weeks, meanwhile we have been without a cooktop for about 3 months now.

Lowe's could make this process much smoother for the customer (who is already disappointed about the product failing) but instead makes the situation worse with poorly trained, unethical, defensive employees who are too busy or uninterested in making a loyal customer (now former) happy, even to the point of calling them a liar. (And to top it off, the Lowe's warranty has a $50 guarantee if your product is not fixed within a specified time. At no point in time during this whole ordeal did any of the employees mention this. I guess you have to ask for a "guaranteed" benefit).

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I bought a washer about 3 years ago and also purchased extended warranty. Washer broke about a month ago and still waiting for the company Lowe’s contracts with to fix it. Horrible experience and customer support.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

This entire purchase experience has been a nightmare from the beginning to end. I placed the order online on 7/15th, got confirmation email from Lowe’s say will deliver on 7/23rd. I called Lowe’s on 7/17th to double check. The guy said he checked with the Vendor and my items had shipped on 7/17th. Got an email from Lowe’s the following 2 days, says delivery has changed to 7/25th, then changed again to 7/30th. I called Lowe’s and they said it’s not their problem. So I called the Vendor which’s Cali Bamboo on 7/24th and 7/25th. Then Cali told me my whole order has been sitting in their warehouse in California this whole time. It never actually shipped, even though Lowe’s said it did. Finally I got a real tracking # confirmed, FedEx just picked up the items at noon on 7/25th.

Because someone made mistake, my order had never shipped until I had to make many phone calls! But Cali Bamboo still think it’s completely okay to just still do Economy shipping instead of Priority shipping. I had sent 2 emails to Lowe’s customer service many days ago and didn’t hear back from them at all... Got more automatic email say my items will deliver on 8/1st. Waited all day on 8/1st, got a call from Lowe’s at FIVE PM, said he’s having problem with his truck and will call the next day about the delivery...

This whole unprofessional experience has caused a great degree of inconvenience or distress to me. I had to postpone and reschedule many things. Both Lowe’s and Cali Bamboo did not care or offer an express delivery to make up the time that their mistake costed me. Worst customer service ever! I will never do biz with them again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I purchased a home that had Milgard windows installed by Lowe's. Water leakage and repairs indicated that Lowe's and Milgard failed in every respect with installation of windows. Thousands of dollars in damages resulted. Wish I had known.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

On July 30th I went to the Tallahassee Cap Cir NE store to purchase a new lawn tractor. I was interested in a 50" Husqvarna. The tractors were displayed outside and were severely weather beaten. The salesperson was new and was unsure of the condition or possible floor model discounts. He stated the manager who had walked out with another customer would be able to answer my questions. The manager, sales person and customer went inside the store and twenty minutes later I left because no one came to assist me.

On July 31st I searched for the same tractor and found the Tallahassee Cap Cir NW Lowe's had 2 50" Craftsman tractors in stock. Settling for this item I placed an order online and shortly received notice the tractor was being prepared for delivery would be delivered on August 1 between 7am and 9pm. At 3:10pm on July 1 I received an email advising the item was "out of stock" and the order cancelled. I called customer service and was told my only option was to "pick another item."

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information