Lowe's Home Improvement

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lowe's Home Improvement Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lowes?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

This is only the second consumer complaint I can recall publishing in 20 years. I prefer to forgive and forget and acknowledge that most problems are correctable. In this case, I must recommend that no one ever use Lowe’s online purchasing service ever again. On 11/9 I ordered a chainsaw through Lowe’s online. I needed it for some downed trees in my yard and I paid for expedited shipping. The service guaranteed 1-5 day delivery. I waited, on the 6th day I called to ask when I could expect delivery. After waiting on hold for over 30 minutes with no music or chimes to let me even know I was still on hold, the completely ambivalent person came back on the line and said “Covid, we can give you 10% on your next purchase”.

OK, where do I begin? It did not solve my problem, they did not offer to rush my shipment, or even credit me the expedited shipping I paid for. I was offended, of course, and asked if she was kidding! I asked where my chainsaw was at, she said they forgot to ship it. It would be ANOTHER 1-5 days. Frustrated but flexible I said, fine. But I am going to call some people about this. So I waited. After ANOTHER 6 days, no delivery. I called again... guess what, the exact same thing happened. The lady on the phone was more polite but even she said all she could do was try to get it shipped in ANOTHER 1-5 days.

I demanded my money back and said I can run to the local hardware store and save us some time. That is when she said it would take 28 days to get my money back! So Lowe’s basically, never intended to ship my product, they took out an interest free loan for nearly $400 from me, and lost a customer (who is a licensed General Contractor, Electrician, and Plumber who flips houses) for life. Well Done.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

In June 2020 I purchased washer and dryer and another total warranty is 5 year. A mouse ate wiring and they won't Honor any warranty I've bought. They are the worst warranty company ever. Also AE service is the worst.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Purchased 2 Genie Garage Door Openers from Lowes. The installation also purchased. Installation went as promised but shortly after I had an issue with one door not opening correctly. I telephoned Lowes and was told someone would get a hold of me in 48 hours to schedule service. 48 hours passed and no call. Again, called Lowes and was told someone would be calling me within 2 days. I was told the repair company is very busy. Another week passed and never heard from anyone pertaining to my issue. Meanwhile, the garage door still has an issue. Poor follow-up and poor customer service. A lesson learned when using Lowe's contractual services. Now I will have to pay a private contractor to come and fix a shoddy install.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

2 salesperson (Alan) measure wrong and not enough material sent. Signed contract July 2, material delivered August 30th, sub-contractor started Oct 1st realized short. Now Nov 19th still no material and making excuses. Contact stated to be done Oct 12th. Only 1 guy doing job. Lowe's headquarters making excuses also. Nobody wants to go and get the material from Hammond lumber in Belgrade. They have all the material in stock. Lowe's won't talk to me in Augusta but they claim they do! They lie!!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Lowe's sucks in general. If I could give zero stars I would. I cant never get anything deliver in time. It's happened 2-3 times already where I have to cancel and pick up for myself. I'll just take all my business to Home Depot.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Individual staff members were a pleasure to work with, but the store has too few employees and they don't seem to be happy in their work. Store (corporate) policies are irritating and inflexible. I had to work hard to give them a $3,000 contract.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

They delivered a fridge but wasn’t told that they cannot connect perfectly good existing copper water pipe to it and must have a turnoff valve added in rear, although there is a valve under sink 10 ft away. Guys did not take old one away and said to call plumber. Would have cost over $600 to change out connection for ice maker. Called them again to come and just plug it in without an ice maker. Door had to be removed to kitchen for fridge to fit in. Second crew that came would not put in 4 screws needed for door to be reinstalled. Had them return to level fridge. Don’t expect anything but having them plug in an appliance. They will stand around and watch you try to replace the swinging kitchen door, holding an electric drill which they won’t give you or use. Very frustrating experience and will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I shopped Lowe's in San Marcos, Tx, with no problems. I moved to Aransas Pass, Tx. The first time I shopped for a screwdriver. The employee couldn't tell me where to find one unless I provided a brand name. Then I went shopping for granite countertops and laminate flooring. In both cases the employees were helpful but overwhelmed with people seeking their help because finding an employee is very difficult. They make promises they can't keep and customers are irritated. I do not blame the employees. Corporate and store management are terrible. The closest Home Depot is 24 miles away or I would be long gone from Lowes.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Spent thousands of dollars on flooring product because I was told it would arrive faster than the store I had purchased it from. It didn't arrive on time and I was told it would arrive "tomorrow". After several days in a row of being told it would arrive "tomorrow" and several days of installers putting off other work because my work was to start "tomorrow" I finally decided to contact Corporate. Corporate created an incident and told me to call back "tomorrow" so I did only to find out the incident was not submitted correctly and I should call back again "tomorrow".

Now that I've tortured myself to call back, I am told they will escalate this to a manager and to call back "tomorrow". I continued to contact the store directly, calling each hour of the day, but no answer from customer service. So I connected to the nursery only for her to tell me she doesn't know, can't transfer me and doesn't care, I should just call back tomorrow. At this point, I felt as though Lowe's has fraudulently removed thousands of dollars from my bank for a product they don't know when or if I will ever receive, and corporate can't help. Isn't this considered theft? The worst experience I've had with a remodel. Do not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I received subpar customer service. Employees with sales ID ** and ID ** has been unwilling and unable to help me. We have been without a refrigerator for over 2 weeks (this time around) and have an extended warranty. The refrigerator has been malfunctioning since we bought it. Employees are unaccountable and play a blame game well. The 3rd party repair companies are also unprofessional and do not follow up. I would know - we have dealt with 3 companies. Lowe's has a minimum of repair visits required before they do a buy-back of the appliance and do everything possible to avoid it. I was told numerous times that they will contact me within 2 business days. No one did. I called back. They said the same thing, they will escalate and someone will contact me within 2 business days - to no avail. In a meantime they told me to rent a refrigerator. That is their answer. Zero customer service.

Lowe's Home Improvement Company Information