2.2/5 (19 ratings)

About Gaggenau Ovens

Gaggenau Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gaggenau Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gaggenau Ovens?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

My $9,000 Gaggenau oven died in less than 10 hours of use. A certified service provider noted THREE issues and stated any ONE of the problems would mean no possible repair scenario. He sent in his report. No response from Gaggenau. I called and called. 1 to 2 hours on hold with ZERO response, so I called Bosch, the owner of Gaggenau, but their response was "we won't help you". More hours spent on hold in an attempt to contact Gaggenau. Their response "management will eventually look at your claim". AVOID Gaggenau, Bosch, Miele. Buy a cheap unit that you know won't last. At least when it dies you will have saved yourself thousands of dollars and months of Gaggen/Bosch on hold, no response, no service frustration.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

We renovated our kitchen in 2015 and our kitchen guy recommended Gaggenau, my husband being German and proud of German designs, we agreed to make our whole kitchen Gaggenau, cook top, oven, fridge, dishwasher, etc., even though our previous dishwasher a Miele, was almost brand new and I loved it. I regret to say here we made the worst mistake ever by choosing Gaggenau, and the ten year warranty doesn't mean anything--it can't make a bad product good.

I am a cook and we make elaborate dinners almost every day. The Gaggenau stove almost never worked properly from day one because it never really lit with one or two or three tries. I had to try, check and see if the little parts were aligned, and try again and again. Very often there was just spark and nothing lights. Other times they lit up, burn a little, then stops and sends terrible methane smell all over the kitchen, and then the warning starts beeping non-stop. When that happens, I had to wait for gas to clear out and check the fitting of the parts, and try again, and again. And it's been like that for seven years. I called customer service a couple of times and they came and told me nothing was wrong, that I just needed to be patient and try. Sometimes the stove even stops in the middle of cooking, when I have pasta boiling in the pot. And it beeps, and smells and I have to wait half way through cooking, and try again.

So today, it just clicked, beeped, smelt terribly and I waited and tried again more, and the whole stove just died--nothing clicks, nothing sparks, and I can't even smell that horrible methane smell anymore, and cannot light with a lighter. Dead. The expensive cooktop. This is really the worst cooktop ever, and has caused me so much headache. As if to add insult to injury, it stopped working the day before when we have a TV camera crew to film a group of award-winning chefs who have flown in from Germany to film a cooking show with us. And coincidentally, I had scheduled for the repair people to come in tomorrow morning--I called weeks ago, but was given this date. What a crazy coincident! So much is at stake... as if this bad choice we made back then is really coming to bite us and to cause as much damage as it possibly can.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Horrible disgusting customer service at Gaggenau Brasil. Don’t shop there EVER they will not help if you need anything. Service compatible with a grade C product. The product arrived at my house in SP shipped from Overseas with a soft packing (not appropriate for sensible goods). Instead of keeping the product until the day of install the shop sent to my house without my authorization and with the soft packing already opened. When the day of install came the massive thick iron on top of it was cracked and their answer (after I reached them) was that it was impossible to break during shipping (a joke). They have no way of proving that the product left in perfect conditions and no way of proving it arrived in perfect conditions.

Their technician told me personally it would be almost impossible to break that at home and that there were no signs of it falling of someone’s hands. They were not supportive at all and basically left the problem for the customer to handle. We tried contact with the owner of the shop but she was not available to talk on multiple occasions. Gaggenau please choose your representants more carefully!!!

Original review: May 14, 2022

I have owned 4 Gaggenau appliances for the last 15 months and they have been nothing but trouble. I still have my old Miele oven in the next room, since I need to use it during the long periods the Gaggenau ovens are out of action and awaiting repair. All four appliances have been repaired at least once. The Combination Steam oven died with electric smoke smells over a month ago and despite two engineer visits (one aborted on the morning of the appointment) and multiple calls to customer service I still don’t have a date for repair.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Every appliance in my kitchen is a Gaggenau appliance - but that won't be the case for long. I am absolutely appalled at the customer service that I have received from what is supposedly a premium brand. My Gaggenau gas range broke in mid-July. The earliest Gaggenau customer support could get a repair-person to my home in Los Angeles was today, September 1st - a month and half later after the range broke.

Last week, I received an email that indicated I would receive a call regarding the timing of the visit last night or early this morning. That scheduling call never arrived. I called Gaggenau customer service late this morning. After waiting for ten minutes, I was finally put through to a customer support person. When I inquired about the service visit, the rep said that they saw it on their calendar, and then put me on hold. After fifteen minutes, I was disconnected, and never received a call back.

I tried Gaggenau customer service again at about 2pm. Again, I waited ten minutes for a rep, and again they put me on hold to research…this time for 35 minutes and counting. How is this any way to run a company for a clientele who pays a premium for your products, and expects service to match - not to be left without the use of a broken appliance for a month and half, and spend hours on the phone dealing with horrible technical support. Absolutely pathetic.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I redid my kitchen 9 years ago. 5 new Gaggenau appliances. Have needed repairs on dishwasher and fridge (twice). Now the wall oven needs a new part but Gaggenau says it is no longer making that part. After 7 years they stop stocking/supporting parts. Despite several calls with customer service, who admitted that 9 years is not long for an oven, Gaggenau is not prepared to do anything for me. No discount on a new oven. Nothing. So, for want of a single part they tell me to go buy a new $10,000 oven. Shocking for a supposed high end product. Think twice before buying any Gaggenau product - after 7 years you may well be unable to repair and Gaggenau will do nothing for you.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Gas burners do not light for many seconds and then flame becomes very large. They can not fix it so now they blame us. Terrible service person who just blames others. They will not replace the unit and this has occurred for 8 months.

Original review: April 19, 2020

A Gaggenau oven and cooktop were in our apartment when we moved in. The stovetop is gas and horrible to light. I had it serviced--not cheap. The burners worked somewhat better for a while, then they didn't. Just to boil water involves turning on 2-4 burners, then waiting a minute to see which ones light and if they go out. After I do this 7 or 8 times at least one burner will stay on. As for the oven...it's so complicated that I have to get out the instruction book just to turn it on. The last two times I made cookies, they didn't turn outright. The oven also comes full of racks and trays with some edges turned up, some turned down, and two with a rectangle cut out of them. The booklet says you HAVE to use their pans in order for your cookies to turn out, so I did, and they didn't. I used to like baking, but I hardly make anything anymore because it's so frustrating.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Do not buy Gaggenau. We have had the freezer break twice. The fridge break down twice. The oven broke down once. The microwave/oven break down. The wine cooler break. All these appliances were in our new house. This has been over seven years. The customer service is not great. You really have to fight for any understanding that this is just not acceptable. These products are supposed to be top quality, I disagree!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have purchased Gaggenau Induction cooktop and after less than 4 year elements on the right side stop working. Follow later within 2 months we lost all the elements. Dealing with the service has been absolutely discouraging. After numerous repairs they offer us to pay only 50% from original price. Yet our product is still under 5 years warranty. Extremely disappointing with the service and what this name is standing for. Clearly we did not get exceptional quality and we did not get good service. Hopefully your appliances will last over 5 years that you don't have to deal with service. Now My worries are what would happen to rest of my appliances in the Kitchen.

Gaggenau Ovens Company Information