2.5/5 (15 ratings)

About Gaggenau Ovens

Gaggenau Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gaggenau Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gaggenau Ovens?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Every appliance in my kitchen is a Gaggenau appliance - but that won't be the case for long. I am absolutely appalled at the customer service that I have received from what is supposedly a premium brand. My Gaggenau gas range broke in mid-July. The earliest Gaggenau customer support could get a repair-person to my home in Los Angeles was today, September 1st - a month and half later after the range broke.

Last week, I received an email that indicated I would receive a call regarding the timing of the visit last night or early this morning. That scheduling call never arrived. I called Gaggenau customer service late this morning. After waiting for ten minutes, I was finally put through to a customer support person. When I inquired about the service visit, the rep said that they saw it on their calendar, and then put me on hold. After fifteen minutes, I was disconnected, and never received a call back.

I tried Gaggenau customer service again at about 2pm. Again, I waited ten minutes for a rep, and again they put me on hold to research…this time for 35 minutes and counting. How is this any way to run a company for a clientele who pays a premium for your products, and expects service to match - not to be left without the use of a broken appliance for a month and half, and spend hours on the phone dealing with horrible technical support. Absolutely pathetic.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I redid my kitchen 9 years ago. 5 new Gaggenau appliances. Have needed repairs on dishwasher and fridge (twice). Now the wall oven needs a new part but Gaggenau says it is no longer making that part. After 7 years they stop stocking/supporting parts. Despite several calls with customer service, who admitted that 9 years is not long for an oven, Gaggenau is not prepared to do anything for me. No discount on a new oven. Nothing. So, for want of a single part they tell me to go buy a new $10,000 oven. Shocking for a supposed high end product. Think twice before buying any Gaggenau product - after 7 years you may well be unable to repair and Gaggenau will do nothing for you.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Gas burners do not light for many seconds and then flame becomes very large. They can not fix it so now they blame us. Terrible service person who just blames others. They will not replace the unit and this has occurred for 8 months.

Original review: April 19, 2020

A Gaggenau oven and cooktop were in our apartment when we moved in. The stovetop is gas and horrible to light. I had it serviced--not cheap. The burners worked somewhat better for a while, then they didn't. Just to boil water involves turning on 2-4 burners, then waiting a minute to see which ones light and if they go out. After I do this 7 or 8 times at least one burner will stay on. As for the oven...it's so complicated that I have to get out the instruction book just to turn it on. The last two times I made cookies, they didn't turn outright. The oven also comes full of racks and trays with some edges turned up, some turned down, and two with a rectangle cut out of them. The booklet says you HAVE to use their pans in order for your cookies to turn out, so I did, and they didn't. I used to like baking, but I hardly make anything anymore because it's so frustrating.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Do not buy Gaggenau. We have had the freezer break twice. The fridge break down twice. The oven broke down once. The microwave/oven break down. The wine cooler break. All these appliances were in our new house. This has been over seven years. The customer service is not great. You really have to fight for any understanding that this is just not acceptable. These products are supposed to be top quality, I disagree!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have purchased Gaggenau Induction cooktop and after less than 4 year elements on the right side stop working. Follow later within 2 months we lost all the elements. Dealing with the service has been absolutely discouraging. After numerous repairs they offer us to pay only 50% from original price. Yet our product is still under 5 years warranty. Extremely disappointing with the service and what this name is standing for. Clearly we did not get exceptional quality and we did not get good service. Hopefully your appliances will last over 5 years that you don't have to deal with service. Now My worries are what would happen to rest of my appliances in the Kitchen.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Literally the worst user interface I have ever seen. A multi-thousand dollar oven with more features than I can count (or comprehend), yet they must have found someone off the street to huck together this demented labyrinth of a control panel that probably only makes sense after taking the same specific drugs in the same specific order that the designer did before creating it. You shouldn't need a degree in neurophysics to heat up some pasta without literally flooding your oven with water. It would be better off with a big red button that says "Heat at undisclosed temperature" since that's all anyone will figure out how to do anyway.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I'm a house manager working for a prominent family in New York City, recently we upgraded our old stove to Gaggenau model worth $$$. I'm writing this review because I never been so dissatisfied with the product and the customer service Gaggenau provides. The stove since the day one has been causing lots of issues, it will turn off in the middle of food preparation and it takes a significant time to have it back on. I have requested a technician several times and each time he comes he gives us different reason why it's not working basically blaming us for its malfunction.

At this point we did everything to make sure it's been used properly: from keeping it clean to making sure the burners are assembled in the right way and according to our technician we cannot cook too much (apparently making daily lunch and dinner for 10 people is called abuse to the stove). As you can imagine I work with private Chefs and the stove cause us a lot of stress especially that tomorrow we have a Passover Dinner and stove goes off every 20 min in recent days. I couldn't be more displeased than I'm right now displeased with Gaggenau Stove and their Customer Service. Simply Awful.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Works really well. Heats up fast. We use it everyday and would not trust any other brand. Highly recommend this brand to others. We paid a reasonable price for our oven. It works very well and would buy it again if we had the choice. Love using it. We will be telling others about the brand and its value. Looks unique. Matches our kitchen very well. We like how simple it is but still functional and useful. We like the colors a lot. It is a great size for a family. It fits all of our food very well to cook all we need to at the same time. Would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

It warms up very fast. Cooks very quick and well. Thanksgiving has never been better. Since it cooks so many things at once. Value of the oven is great. You spend a good price for great quality item. If I hadn't bought this oven I would feel stupid. The oven I had before costs more and had less. Not very satisfied with the ovens appearance since it doesn't fit well in any kitchen. I wish it did fit in my kitchen but it still is a great oven. Very big oven with many capabilities with it. I wish it was a little bit smaller. It still fits in my kitchen but takes up a lot of space.

Gaggenau Ovens Company Information