Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

20 Hotpoint Ranges Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My house was built in 2002 and it came with a simple 4 burners Hotpoint gas range, it is white. In 2016, I smell gas so I called the gas company and the guy said it ain't them, so it must be the range, so I bought another one from Hotpoint, very similar to the first one. Yesterday I asked the gas company to come and see where the gas leak is coming from, as every time I walked by the stove, I smell gas. He looked and checked and found it was the gas range, so he shut the gas off and suggested I buy a better one. He said there are more problems with this brand than others, and I should buy one which cost over $700. So be warned, I went thru two Hotpoints and they both leaked gas, I am now buying a Samsung. I would not recommend anyone buying Hotpoint, gas leak could kill or burn your house down.

Original review: March 1, 2018

My range is very old, 27 years, to be exact. I feel it has been a very good stove, the only replacement part I have ever needed is a heating element. That was about 2 years ago, and it was about $100. The stove is an older model, in white, it is a gas stove. It is the original stove put in our home. It does the job and I stand by the Hotpoint label.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Doesn’t heat evenly. Burners are loose. Oven heat fluctuates. Food cooked on burners burns on 1 side & is raw without constantly turning the pan. Would not buy it again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Great gas stove. One thing as mentioned in other reviews if any burner is used, somehow heat is transferred to front of stove top, just above the knobs. Could be a hazard for children. As far as middle of the scale, it’s an ok stove and I've been very happy. Easy clean up too!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I own a 30" freestanding white range purchased 14 years ago. Still works as new. I prefer white appliances as they are easiest to clean and maintain appearance best. My only issue is that the broil function is not continuous. My understanding is that this is now customary for safety reasons, however, in the past my stoves had continuous broil and there were no problems associated with this. Stove bakes well and maintains consistent oven temp.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotpoint Ranges?

Original review: May 30, 2017

I like that it's an electric range and it’s, by far, the best range I have ever owned or used. It meets my needs and expectations. It is very easy to use too, I just plugged it in. The knobs are easily adjusted and the oven knobs are unmistakable from the range knobs. I also like that the oven is spacious. It doesn't take up excess space in my kitchen and the performance is excellent. It's over 10 years old and still works as new. The burners heat up quickly and also cool down quickly. When something drips in the oven, it cleans up very easily as well. I have recommended Hotpoint to many friends and family members.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I love my Hotpoint oven. It is really simple to use. All I do is clean the burner or oven if I need to before I use it, then set the desired heat, and cook to completion periodically changing the heat or position of my cookware. All of the buttons and knobs are clearly marked and easy to turn. The oven is accurate and heats quickly too. It is very responsive to heat changes and does not drive up my electric bill. However, the electric range is not very responsive to heat changes and isn't very sensitive the range of heat it's supposed to offer. The heat seems to be the same from settings 1-3, 4-6, 7 and above. Also, I wish there were more color options in my price range. But other than that, it’s a great product!

Original review: June 3, 2017

The oven has a large capacity, great for cooking turkey. The stove top has ample room for cooking many dishes at once. And the self cleaning oven makes for an easy cleanup. The range itself is quite easy to use. It features large, easy to read dials, and the digital screen and control panel are easy to both read and use. The oven preheats quickly, so cooking takes a little less time. But my particular range has an electric coil top. The problem with this is the coil burners pose a problem for cleanup, and they break easily. I am in need of a new range for this particular reason. So the company itself is great, but its older model ranges pose electrical issues.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I like that it is an electric range, with four burners, it is over 10 years old but still works well. It is a basic model, very easy to use and I love that it has a self cleaning feature. But I would make it with convection for even cooking, and have a shutoff timer for cooking - actually turning off the oven when the cook time is up. And I would like it to vent outside when the self cleaning feature is used because it usually sets off the smoke alarms. But it is a good range for how old it is.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Love the range and the look of it... The design is wonderful and I enjoy the way it's built. It's easy to clean and works well in my kitchen. It holds its own by itself. It took me a little over an hour to install the range... I love the easy install. Just a simple hookup. But I would improve the cost and the colors of the range. I want to see more of today's colors. The colors need to be brighter and today's fashion. And I would love to see shades and tones that are unique. Work on the colors and I know it will sell more of them. But I would recommend this to everyone who need one.. Great job you guys. Keep it up. I would buy another one.

Hotpoint Ranges Company Information