4.11/5
  • 1 star
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 30, 2017

18 Hotpoint Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Doesn’t heat evenly. Burners are loose. Oven heat fluctuates. Food cooked on burners burns on 1 side & is raw without constantly turning the pan. Would not buy it again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I own a 30" freestanding white range purchased 14 years ago. Still works as new. I prefer white appliances as they are easiest to clean and maintain appearance best. My only issue is that the broil function is not continuous. My understanding is that this is now customary for safety reasons, however, in the past my stoves had continuous broil and there were no problems associated with this. Stove bakes well and maintains consistent oven temp.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Great gas stove. One thing as mentioned in other reviews if any burner is used, somehow heat is transferred to front of stove top, just above the knobs. Could be a hazard for children. As far as middle of the scale, it’s an ok stove and I've been very happy. Easy clean up too!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I love my oven range. I absolutely love cooking for my family and friends with it. I don't have any complaints. It's easy to use and even easier to clean up. It is fashion appropriate for my kitchen and I am able to get all my cooking done at the same time. I preheat oven or pans and then cook accordingly. My daughter has even been learning how to cook on the stove. It's very nice and great for everything. But if I could do anything I would incorporate an awesome skillet on top or maybe a double oven.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Love the range and the look of it... The design is wonderful and I enjoy the way it's built. It's easy to clean and works well in my kitchen. It holds its own by itself. It took me a little over an hour to install the range... I love the easy install. Just a simple hookup. But I would improve the cost and the colors of the range. I want to see more of today's colors. The colors need to be brighter and today's fashion. And I would love to see shades and tones that are unique. Work on the colors and I know it will sell more of them. But I would recommend this to everyone who need one.. Great job you guys. Keep it up. I would buy another one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotpoint Ranges?

Original review: June 3, 2017

The oven has a large capacity, great for cooking turkey. The stove top has ample room for cooking many dishes at once. And the self cleaning oven makes for an easy cleanup. The range itself is quite easy to use. It features large, easy to read dials, and the digital screen and control panel are easy to both read and use. The oven preheats quickly, so cooking takes a little less time. But my particular range has an electric coil top. The problem with this is the coil burners pose a problem for cleanup, and they break easily. I am in need of a new range for this particular reason. So the company itself is great, but its older model ranges pose electrical issues.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I like that it is an electric range, with four burners, it is over 10 years old but still works well. It is a basic model, very easy to use and I love that it has a self cleaning feature. But I would make it with convection for even cooking, and have a shutoff timer for cooking - actually turning off the oven when the cook time is up. And I would like it to vent outside when the self cleaning feature is used because it usually sets off the smoke alarms. But it is a good range for how old it is.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I love my Hotpoint oven. It is really simple to use. All I do is clean the burner or oven if I need to before I use it, then set the desired heat, and cook to completion periodically changing the heat or position of my cookware. All of the buttons and knobs are clearly marked and easy to turn. The oven is accurate and heats quickly too. It is very responsive to heat changes and does not drive up my electric bill. However, the electric range is not very responsive to heat changes and isn't very sensitive the range of heat it's supposed to offer. The heat seems to be the same from settings 1-3, 4-6, 7 and above. Also, I wish there were more color options in my price range. But other than that, it’s a great product!

Original review: May 31, 2017

I love my Hotpoint range! I like that my range is made by a reliable brand name...Hotpoint. It's extremely easy to operate and that it's very easy to clean. It has a self-cleaning oven. It also cooks to perfection. I like the style and the color as well. When I was shopping for my Hotpoint, Lowe's had a display range that I fell in love with and was able to get the exact one. They had a display that matched my kitchen perfectly and they were able to accommodate me with the same color.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I like that it's an electric range and it’s, by far, the best range I have ever owned or used. It meets my needs and expectations. It is very easy to use too, I just plugged it in. The knobs are easily adjusted and the oven knobs are unmistakable from the range knobs. I also like that the oven is spacious. It doesn't take up excess space in my kitchen and the performance is excellent. It's over 10 years old and still works as new. The burners heat up quickly and also cool down quickly. When something drips in the oven, it cleans up very easily as well. I have recommended Hotpoint to many friends and family members.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The Hotpoint ovens are very basic and does its job without getting fancy. They provide the features that I need to cook my meals. But I don't like how bright white my stove is. Some colors would make it extraordinary. I'd still buy this because of the price and how it's made but they need to add some designs in their future builds.

Original review: May 25, 2017

My Hotpoint oven has been calibrated for all these years. Cooking our meals without burning or them turning out raw. The Hotpoint is so sturdy and reliable I only need to replace it when I want a new range. However, I hate cleaning the top of the stove. It should be made of non stick material so it can just be wiped off instead of having to use muscle power. Also, it would be nice to have a rotisserie attachment on it and more storage in the unit for more cooking utensils too. Most of the ranges are the same. The only set up is to remove the rack and position it on the rack needed for baking. The heat setting is always calibrated correctly as I can tell because I don't burn a lot of food. I can trust the setting. I will buy a Hotpoint every time. Keep up the good work.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Hotpoint is a good manufacture of efficient appliances at a reasonable cost. I have owned other electric ranges in the past but this model is the best I have ever owned. The oven range is simple to use, cooks fast and efficiently. It also heats up rapidly and has very good temperature control. But it is not easy to clean. I wish it had a self-cleaning mode where I could conveniently push a button and it would clean itself.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Hotpoint Ranges have separate oven and broiler controls but there is no way of doing both at the same time. It has an actual temperature reading but the oven also has alarms/beeps to alert you that it has reached the desirable temperature. Similarly, when the timer reaches the requested time, it will beep at you periodically until you at least open the door. Plus, the adjustable racks let you cook multiple things at one. Dial the temperature you want and hit the bake or broil button one more time to activate it. I wish there is a smart automatic shut off mechanism because I’m afraid that I will leave it on and then leave the house. Also, the insulating gasket wears and needs to be replaced.

Original review: May 19, 2017

My oven/range works wonderfully. I like how short the range is, it is not too high for me and it does not have any flashing red lights for the oven like my old one did. I turn on the oven and the oven lights up real fast, not that preheat garbage like my old one did. The burners on the of the range turn on real fast - I like that too. But it could have a more wide temperature range and the broiler would be on the top of the range instead of at the bottom.

Original review: May 18, 2017

My Hotpoint oven meets all of my expectations despite its size. I like that there are four different ranges and that the knobs are easy enough to read and set to the correct temperature. It makes it easy to use and helps me out when I am cooking all of the foods that I want to eat. The Hotpoint oven is a fairly good working oven, but needs to be larger. It is extremely small, and makes it difficult to cook large sized food items inside of it. If I could, I would make it a good deal bigger so that I am able to cook larger foods that I want to eat.

Original review: May 17, 2017

The Hotpoint oven is very very good and full of features. It is a self-cleaning oven with an above area fan, timers and a digital am and pm clock that helps me when I am trying to use it. Also, it is so very simple enough to use that I let my two teenage daughters use it all the time to make supper or to bake desserts for the entire family.

Original review: May 16, 2017

The oven from Hotpoint Ranges meets my needs. I like the oven light and the automatic timer which helps keep you from overcooking foods. Also, I like that the front burners have powerful settings which allows you to cook faster. The size is good enough for my small kitchen without taking over counter space. The oven is not complicated to use as well. I am a 3 person household and we have no issues. However, changing the time is a bit difficult. The click should be automatic too. I do not like having to reset for daylight savings time. I also wish the power burners were on the back as opposed to front. That way you can boil things without worry about kids running into the oven. I would also like it more if the surface was easier to keep clean. I would like a self-cleaning oven and the broiler should have high medium and low setting.

Hotpoint Ranges Company Information