LG Ranges

2.3/5 (910 ratings)

About LG Ranges

LG Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Do not buy any LG products. Worst customer service ever. Lowe’s is awesome but LG is horrible. Delivered oven with missing enamel inside oven. Claimed Lowe’s did it then me when LG discovered it was inside oven and Lowe’s delivered out of box. In the end after more than 14 hours of phone calls to LG when I was lied to, calls not returned and multiple hang ups by their associates, they texted me their rejection to replace. Lowe’s replaced at their cost. Lowe’s gear place but stay away from LG all products. Yes.

Original review: June 20, 2021

My husband and I purchased an LG appliance package in April 2016 after I did careful research on the products that were available at the time. We got a fridge, microwave and gas range. The first problem that we had was our fridge. The compressor went out about three years in which LG fixed. Next up, about a year ago, our ice maker just stopped working. Around that same time, I heard a very loud pop in our microwave and that stopped working.

I had a tech come out to take a look and it was the entire control panel which was nearly the same amount the microwave cost in order to fix it which we ended doing. I didn't want to get another brand because this microwave has a special vent that goes above my range. The tech also looked at the refrigerator ice maker and mentioned that we may need to replace the door which is a common problem apparently. Unfortunately that is too pricey for the time being so now I have no icemaker.

Until yesterday, I've been happy with my LG Gas Range... I started getting an F9 error which means the oven isn't heating correctly. Tonight I was making dinner and the oven turned on as usual and said it was preheated. I started cooking and opened the oven to check my food. Low and behold, the oven is barely hot. I check the oven temp and it's 205 even though the temp says 400. Sounds like another problem that is going to cost me hundreds of dollars to repair.

I've only had this appliance package for 5 years. It is so disappointing to have a problem with everything I've purchased from LG. I've been making sure to tell all of my friends and family to avoid LG because of all the problems I've had. The only appliance I have in my kitchen that hasn't had any issues is my dishwasher but that's a Bosch. I'm glad I didn't get one from LG. Although the LG appliance look beautiful, please avoid them because right now I'm trying to plan meals without the use of my oven until I can get it fixed. What a disappointment.

Original review: May 30, 2021

We bought the LDE4413ST and it was installed late December 2020. Since then, we’ve had 2 fires on the cooktop. The knobs on the front are way too sensitive and turn to high with just brushing against them. A pizza box that was sitting on the stove burned up when a knob was inadvertently touched and today a microwave cover was burned up when it was placed on the stove after retrieving food from the microwave and a knob was brushed as we opened the microwave. I am removing the knobs and have told everyone not to place anything on the stove. One of the burners is now ruined from the melted plastic.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I purchased this as part of a set in 2017. It's a black stainless steel gas convection range. My initial thoughts were that the control panel is extremely hard to push. They failed to put glass behind this so I have to push hard to get it to register. This is very annoying however it does work. Lately though, it has developed a new problem. The oven beeps saying it reached temp I put my food in. When I pull it out after the timer goes off, the food is cold! The oven fails to maintain temp. A 4 year old oven that is lightly used should not be having this issue! I have owned cheaper ranges and have never had issues like this, not even after 10 years or more. I am very disappointed with LG line of products.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My LG stove worked for about 3 and a half years. Then began shutting off and not coming back on. Finally convinced 2 different repairmen to come, but they didn't fix it. Most repairmen near me won't work on LG. Parts hard to get and expensive. It won't come on now at all. Have to buy a new stove and this one is less than 4 years old!

Original review: April 29, 2021

I love my 2 oven gas stove all for except the knobs on the front of the stove turn on if bumped and lets gas into your home. My husband can’t smell so it is very dangerous. They need to figure something out with these knobs!

Original review: April 19, 2021

First time buyer - Purchased brand new suite of Lg appliances. Front burner dials on stovetop are a huge fire hazard. Our dog apparently was trying to get to something that was on the stovetop and was able to turn a burner on. Our whole house was filled with thick smoke and soot and almost went up in flames. Luckily we arrived home when we did - to save the dog and before it took the whole house up. Brand new stove top cracked and ruined and a whole house of ash to scrub - including all my brand new white cabinets from my kitchen remodel. Then, as I was leaning over the stove to wipe off the under cabinets my hip turned a burner on. These burners dials are a major fire hazard.

LG Ranges response

Hello Sarah. Thank you for providing that information. We have sent you a documentation request. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

LG

Original review: March 23, 2021

There are so many things we dislike about this appliance.

1. It's very difficult to judge the temperature of the cooktop. The burner turns on and off and the heat is not consistent while cooking.
2. Extremely difficult to keep it clean. It does not clean up well even though people say it does. Even after wiping the surface clean it still has marks or rings on it.
3. When we cook food in the oven it does not cook evenly. When we make a pizza it looks done. When we take it out and begin eating it I discover parts of the pizza that are still cold. It's very odd. The edges can look crispy but parts are still uncooked.
4. Sometimes NEW does not mean better. The old style gas ranges are so much better than these new style appliances.
5. Numbers on the dials are very difficult to read. Depending on the light in your kitchen you may have trouble even reading whether you have your dial set on 3 or 8, etc. The light gray print on the knobs is not contrasting enough to be easy to see. Again, an old fashioned white dial with black letters is a win win in my book.

Advice - DO NOT BUY THIS or any LG appliance - we have the microwave and the refrigerator too and don't like those either.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Loved the look of this range but told salesman I wanted self clean. He said "look it has Easy Clean". Not the same I found out 2 months later. Also my service book states I get grill pan for top of stove and small cleaning kit which I found out months later and was told not for my model... But the worst is my oven is chipping enamel - golf ball size chip. Also told not under warranty. This is a defect not warranty problem. So now it’s my problem to replace this part on bottom of oven. Is about $180.00 and grill pan is about 60.00 plus cleaning kit about $10.00 so I need to spend about 250.00 to get my range back to new. Remember this range is only 18 months old... My husband wanted a GE but I like how this looked. Wished I listened but won’t have this range long at this rate because it’s hard to get parts from overseas and customer service sucks and so does the company. Be WARNED!!!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Words can not describe the joy I have when I use and even more appropriately when I clean up after my husband cooks. I never liked or would even consider electric cooking before, but this is an absolute dream. A pot boils over? No problem. Use a rag and wipe it up even when the pot is still cooking, it lowers the heat the minute you turn down the temperature and if you pick up the pan and walk away, the burner shuts itself off. I have considered an electric oven before but with the convection and induction features, I feel like I have died and gone to the great kitchen in the sky. I know that sounds a little extreme but after dealing with a messy stove top & an oven that I have to get down on my hands & knees to clean, this is really a God-send.

I also got a great deal on my appliance from eBay. Even had a manufacture's warranty. LG has been our go to brand for T.V.'s, fridge and now my kitchen. The only draw back is trying to find pans that don't cost a fortune and are of good quality, also someone that can tell me why my cast iron griddle cracked in half when I tried to heat it up to cook a steak. Not a major problem. Just would like some answers.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I have the digital & my daughter has the knob. I prefer mine. Hers are in the front & too easy to hit! I love the glass too for easy cleanup after my husband cooks. Heating is responsive and quick heating. Takes a few uses to get use to the quick boil burners. The broiler heats very quickly & have to watch carefully. I would recommend. I had another LG and after 2 years the digital clock went out but everything else works.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Nice double oven 5 burner range. Have for 8 years and like it. 4 star because of the following - The markings on handles got erased quite quickly. If something hot on the burner, getting to the oven control may be quite risky. Main board melted during self cleaning, had to be replaced.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Induction is the answer, instant heat like gas without the need to vent, glass top is easy cleaning because the cook top does not get hot. Only issue is cooking vessels must be magnetic, not a problem for us. The convection oven is accurate with even heat. Well named as a Pro-Bake...

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

The electric stove is a double oven LG. It is dangerous. When you are cooking or lean over it turns the knobs on the front way too easily. Just a little pressure and the burner is on. Our family has had this happen all the time and we always check to make sure it’s not on. We also purchased their microwave at the same time. That caught fire inside. I wouldn’t recommend their products.

LG Ranges response

Hello Debra. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Quick cooking, easy to clean, the two ovens are very useful. We feel that the interior colours are very modern, The control console is easy to use and read., It is also to keep clean. We do lots of cooking and this stove has been great.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

When I first got my range it was giving me problems. I contacted LG. They sent out 2 engineers and a repair specialist. It was a loose wire. Now, I have oven switch issues. They can't come fix it. I am very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I do like my LG electric stove. I have the convection oven as well as regular baking. Cleaning the oven has been easy with just water. The top also cleans well. I use Windex and a razor blade. I have had about 4 years and is an awesome product!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I love my gas burning stove and convection oven. I can control the heat better and the food is always delish! The only con that I can think of is purchasing a stove with an anodized black top as it's a nightmare to keep clean. If I could trade this out, I'd give it 5 stars.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

This company does NOT stand behind their products, spent lots of time going back and forth with them about my product, was sent across town by rep. Company didn’t service the product. Be careful when purchasing their products.

LG Ranges response

Hello Thea. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Stove works great. No issues at all. Had it about 10 years. Temperature is spot on. Cleans easily and has a safety lock to protect my grandchildren from harm. I appreciate that. I would definitely buy another.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Our experience so far has been great. The electronics make our range easy to operate and efficient to utilize. The heating element in all functions are very accurate, so we don't have to guess when using a specific recipe for temperature requirements.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

It looks nice. I don't ever use convection. The blue color inside oven is pretty but I can’t put foil on it for unknown reason. When I put foil on the bottom rack to prevent drips from falling to the oven surface I think it interferes with the bottom of pizza or bread getting browned. I use a cooktop cleaner everyday on the glass top. The settings are digital. The light on the stove is blue and the matching microwave light is green. I wish that they were both blue.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

We have owned the LG gas range for over two years. It had features that the wife liked. Before purchasing I read the reviews that were positive. With a large family we use the range a lots. We have not had any issues with this product. We are very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I like my LG stove because all of my appliances is LG. I have refrigerator, washer and dryer. They're all the right size and fit for my home. The LG range is awesome and easy for my children to use. It cook evenly and plenty of room inside the oven in which I bake a lot. I have had all of my appliances for about 4 yrs or more now without any problems.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Every single item in my kitchen is an LG appliance. Stove, microwave, refrigerator. I have had this electric stove since 2006. It's still going strong. That says it all in my choice of LG. I strongly believe that LG is a reputable company and it stands by their products...and they are dependable (appliances).

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I used to have Frigidaire microwave and gas range via home builder (cheap builder), and it was total garbage and worthless. It's total game changer after I replaced with LG microwave and gas range after three years with Frigidaire. LG has great functionalities with dependability. I'm also planning to replace my Kenmore refrigerator with LG signature refrigerator whenever it's ready to go. LG is not very reliable on smartphones and/or tablets as Samsung electronics, but if you consider about buying home appliances and/or smart TVs, LG is the right choice.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I had a new home built and wanted a double oven. The builder only supplied Frigidaire and Frigidaire did not have a double oven. I ended up buying LG refrigerator dishwasher microwave and stove and they are all excellent in the stainless and I love them! The inside of the oven is blue and it is gorgeous!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I love My LG electric single oven slide in range with probake convection. It is so easy to use and cleaning it isn’t a hassle like some ovens can be. My last oven never wanted to come clean. I also like that it has gliding racks and the infrared grilling system. You won’t be disappointed!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I purchased the LG range in 2018. I thought it was a self-cleaning oven according to what the salesperson said, it was no. They have a feature that you turn on for 20 minutes that essentially does nothing but heat up the oven. You must spray what at the bottom and that suppose to clean the oven. What! This is ridiculous. It simply does nothing to clean the oven properly. Then you must scrub the inside with an abrasive which could potentially harm the oven. They should not call this oven self-cleaning. It is not!

LG Ranges response

Hello Carolyn. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I absolutely love my LG range. It cooks everything perfectly even. Baking cookies, pies, meats, etc. I am definitely a better cook thanks to my LG. Also with the self cleaning mode, it saves me a lot of time. I give my LG a 9 out of 10. The only way it could be any more perfect is if it came with its own personal Chef, lol. Thanks LG. DR

LG Ranges Company Information