LG Ranges Reviews

• 9%
  • 8%
  • 42%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Ranges?

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2023

I would never recommend anyone to get LG products. We purchase a stove a month ago and the oven doesn’t work at all.. We just had someone FINALLY come out today and they still couldn’t fix it. They have to order like 3 different parts now so another long wait. We asked about exchanging or a refund it and they said, "No we can’t. We have to have someone come out to look at it 3 times before they can consider that." This is my first and last time I’ll purchase anything from them. I’ll definitely make sure all my friends and family know. - Awful is the best word for this situation.

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2023

I used the self clean on the range. I had white powder everywhere inside, the glass in the door is damaged. I called several times, each they tell me to clean the stove. I did four times and I still got white powder. LG tells me it's cosmetic and they will not address the issue. Cosmetic is on the outside, not on the inside. Customer service is terrible. They hang up on you. I would tell everyone stay away from LG, go with GE. I HAD GE FOR 23 YEARS NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AND I WOULD OF BOUGHT GE AGAIN BUT LG ONLY ONE WITH BLACK STAINLESS. WHAT A BIGGGGG MISTAKE

Reviewed July 24, 2023

After 2 years of buying LG Q, WiFi range, the display is bad. It doesn’t show time anymore, it shows an E or a 3, at first it was that the stove needed it be turn off pull the plug from the wall. This was to reset, it doesn’t reset anymore. I’m not buying any more LG if this is how bad their appliances, I’m not buying that name brand again.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed June 19, 2023

My 2 test old range has marks on the glass surface that can't be cleaned. It looks terrible and the Lg customer service is very poor, even worse than their product quality. These marks make the stove look filthy and seem to be coming from under the glass. Customer service said to clean it but it's not possible. Every use seems to make it worse. Not covered under warranty or the extended warranty. They don't stand behind their products. I will never buy another LG product again!

Reviewed June 15, 2023

We have had several close calls with having a major fire in our house as you just have to lightly touch these knobs and they turn on the burner. These ranges should not be allowed to be sold! They are a fire hazard!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed April 29, 2023

I am having a house built. It was just completed - except for the range. Because of delays in getting appliances I ordered my entire appliance package in September 2022. It included an LG range. The appliances were delivered in November 2022. Since my house wasn't ready to have appliances installed the appliances were delivered to my builder's warehouse - a fairly standard practice for new construction. The home was ready for appliances in late January. My builder brought the appliances to my home to install them. Upon opening the LG range box (the box was in perfect shape) we noticed a very large dent in the side of the range. After pulling some of the cardboard corner protectors off we saw more damage behind them. Since the box was in perfect condition it was obvious that LG packaged a damaged range to send out as new, undamaged.

I called Home Depot to let them know. Home Depot told me I had 48 hours after to report any damage so they wouldn't do anything. Next, I called LG. I was on the phone with them for about 2 hours, taking multiple pictures of the box, the damage, the model/serial number, etc, and texting them to LG's information line. LG said that they'd get back to me within 72 hours. The next day I get a text message from LG stating that they don't warranty shipping damage. But, based on the perfect condition box, it was obvious that a large dent in the side of the range, as well as other damage, was not from shipping. And proof of that (pictures of the box) was sent to LG.

I called LG again (even more time talking to LG). They told me to have Home Depot call the LG Dealer Representative. The manager at the Home Depot where I bought the range was nice enough to call LG. LG said that they'd repair the damage, but won't replace the range. TWO AND ONE HALF MONTHS have gone by and an LG tech has been out to repair the range SIX times. The range is still not repaired. Every time the tech came out, the parts from LG to repair the range were damaged. LG ships damaged ranges and damaged repair parts. I have been without a range for 2 1/2 months and LG simply doesn't care.

Today I was on the phone with multiple people at LG for two hours, total. LG keeps saying that they are "escalating" my case but they never do anything about it. It's looking like LG's job is to wear people out until they quit trying. LG still refuses to replace the range or give me a refund after 2 1/2 MONTHS of trying to repair it. It's starting to look like I will have to throw my new LG range away, be out the money that I paid for the range, and buy a different brand from a reputable company, NOT FROM LG.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 23, 2023

I had purchased an LG range a few years back and made formal complaint to LG about my kitchen catching fire due to the knobs which are beyond dangerous. If anyone walks by and happens to even lightly glides on it the element immediately turns on. A paper towel roll was In close range an and been sitting on the edge of the burner when it lit and spread quick! I acted fast, but so grateful I was I the next room to see it happen. We had some serious fire and smoke damage ensue. Since then, and not getting a response, I have just remove the knobs entirely as I’ve lived petrified to have it happen again. This product is absolute garbage! Do yourself a favour and avoid LG altogether as the other front burner from has not worked for us and at all, and given mostly that no one has even bothered to respond to my concerns. Bad bad company.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

I had a Kitchenaid glass-topped range for 16 years and never had this problem. I've had my LG range for four years and while recently cleaning off burnt liquid from the glass top cracked it cracked. I was shocked. I am not THAT strong. I believe that this is a safety issue and reported this to the BBB (without success). I would like to know how many glass top ranges have cracked due to cleaning. And I strongly believe that there should be some governmental safety considerations made.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2022

My LG air fryer range is less than 1 yr old. All of the numbering on the face of the range is wearing off. I no longer know what settings and which burner (large med small) I am turning on. This is not covered under the LG warranty. Even though it is an entire part that needs to be replaced to fix the poor quality of the face. I take pride in the appearance of my home. My range now looks terrible and is a safety issue. LG warranty manager Ismayla, refuses to cover this issue. He wants me to pay $279.00 to have this entire part replaced, as he insists it is a cosmetic issue and not the company's problem. The stove cost me $1479.00 which included a warranty. That they will not honour. I will never buy LG products again.

Reviewed Oct. 22, 2022

We bought a suite of LG appliances from Costco in 2016. The compressor went out on the refrigerator and just out of warranty and LG refused to cover our food loss when it was a known issue/recall. The electric range (LRE4213ST) is even more disappointing and has malfunctioned twice. Just out of warranty at 3 years of ownership, we had to replace the oven heating element. Now, 6 years in, the burners stopped working. We have invested hundreds of dollars in repair fees to keep this range running. What a complete disappointment. I do not recommend LG appliances.

Customer ServiceStaffReliability

Reviewed Oct. 18, 2022

Range came defective. LG customer service just doesn't exist, 5 calls, many questions then they hang up on you. This mean 0 warranty, this is 3 days after purchased. One of the agents even blamed Home Depot.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2022

Brand new oven, only one month old, completely shattered on the inside glass while cooking. Dangerous and scary! LG is not helping me in any way to get this resolved. So dissatisfied, I will never buy LG again.

Reviewed April 17, 2022

Had I known this stove would literally turn on by itself, I would have never bought it! We have woke up to smoke 4 times now, all coming from stove! The burners seem to turn on theirselves, it's made me form a habit to constantly check the knobs then this still happens! Almost lost our house and our family had we not woke up, one of those 4 times!

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2022

Many service calls since August, you have to wait all day onset time. No one shows up, several repairs, several visits and calls because service said not under warranty and LG said was reschedule and last 3 visits same thing, won’t order parts, said have to pay for it. Now had second fire with stovetop coming on with no one home and house full of smoke because something was on stove. Now want replaced and something done about smoke damage.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2022

I bought my LG Electric range just over a year ago. We knew the front knobs were very sensitive but didn't realize how bad until it my husband was cleaning the kitchen, set the Ninja on the stovetop while cleaning the island. Seems he leaned against the knobs and 2 turned on. He went out to empty the trash and by the time he got back in, we had fire. Both Ninja and Range were burned beyond repair. Our new backsplash will have to be repaired. We'll need to repaint some. But no one was hurt. No pets hurt. I immediately, naively wrote to the "President" of LG. Nothing. Tried again a couple days later. I did receive a phone call from a Sheena Turner in Alabama with the title of President Liaison/Voice of Customer. She said she could send someone out but needed the serial #. There's NO SERIAL NUMBER on the range. Isn't that convenient?

Both my husband and I have gone over the range several times. I've taken pictures and sent to her to prove there's no serial number. That's when she stopped communicating. So, oh well. She can't help. So like the rest of their customers with this problem, I'm just screwed and they don't care. Then I visited Consumer Affairs to see if we were the only ones with this problem. Apparently allot of us have the same problem. So I sat down, copied and pasted to Word every review that pertained to the knobs, back 4 years, 52 bad/frustrated reviews. I've printed out and will write a letter to Home Depot, Lowe's, Best Buy and The Consumer Product Safety Commission with copies of the 16 pages of reviews I have. This will be sent USPS certified mail to each with return receipt to make sure each received.

I want to be sure each of the retail stores know they are selling dangerous products and the CPSC surely needs to take a look at this. Maybe nothing will come of it, but these stores need to be put on notice and when something bad does finally happen and sadly it will. contact me. I'll have proof they were notified. For me, I'm tossing the range. I won't have it in my house and it's damaged anyway. My last email to Ms. Sheena (she hasn't returned an email since I told her I can't find a serial number on my range). "How are you going to feel when someone dies in a fire caused by an LG range. You work for this company. Are you going to be able to look yourself in the mirror?" No response. Here are pictures of my Ninja and Range after the fire.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2022

I just bought my Double Electric Convection Oven range in late December 2021. The flat-top keeps on getting damaged after I use it. I had it replaced once and when it happened with the second top, I called LG and they said all they can do is replace the flat top again. I have had a flat top for many years and know what to do as far as pans, and not sliding the cookware, etc. The customer service representative kept on stating it was my fault and it was scratched. It wasn't scratched because I didn't do anything wrong with the pans. They told me at customer service all they could do was replace it again. I think that there is a defect with the flat tops because my old flat top didn't do what these flat tops are doing. I am upset with the product because I thought I finally got a convection oven that would cook right and it doesn't.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2022

Purchased a Flat top Range and received it TODAY. Oven works, no instructions for menu settings, cooktop doesn't work, called appliance store and they instructed me to call LG. LG says 2 1/2 weeks for a technician to come out. Have to wait 2 weeks for them to tell me my new $2000 stove is junk and I got to get it swapped out. Then I'll have to wait a week for that one and around we go. Should have stuck with my gut and went with a reputable appliance manufacturer not a ** cell phone maker. Who knew that making cell phones is easier than a stove.

Suzanne increased rating by 3 stars.
    Customer ServicePriceStaff
    After a positive interaction with LG Ranges, Suzanne increased their star rating.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2022

I purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher and gas range for my new home that I moved in to in 2019. Close to 5000$. Of course they are all out of warranty now and during Christmas of 2021 pieces of enamel was being found in my food I was baking in the oven. Needless to say this has to be a manufacturer's defect because nothing I have done would warrant chips of enamel falling off. I called they said, "Nope it's out of warranty." Even with the fact that we could have consumed some of the enamel they do NOT care. Even the man that I called about checking it out said LG was hard to work with. I am hoping to get this resolved soon being I can not use my oven for fear of consuming enamel. I was so proud at how all three units looked in my kitchen and people were impressed with the look of them. Shame on you LG for selling expensive crap!! And then refusing to take care of your customers.

Reviewed Dec. 25, 2021

I purchased a LG 6.3 cu. ft. slide-In ELECTRIC Range with ProBake Convection and EasyClean from Costco in 2018 for around $1300. I don't use the range a lot (maybe 8-10 times a month). During the warranty period, 2 burners were not heating properly and the oven was always between 50-75 degrees under where is was set. Under the warranty the 2 burners were replaced, but the technician was not able to figure out why the oven was not heating properly. We tried adjusting the temperate settings using the oven's setting feature with no real results.

The month following the end extended warranty, I used the self-cleaning function on the oven which blew the thermal fuse. This was a $300 repair for parts and service call. Last night, the oven just quit working 10 minutes in to cooking a $170 prime rib roast for Christmas dinner after the temperature was turned up to 475 degrees. I might guess it is the thermal fuse again. Yes, the oven is now 4 years old, but it has never functioned properly since the day I purchased it, and it has gotten very little use. I would expect so much more from an $1800 appliance!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2021

Purchased a new LG Wall Oven (Model #LWS3063ST) from Lowe's a few years ago, which had received very little use when it stopped working entirely. Called LG, but they said because it was over 1 year old, they wouldn't do anything. However, the repairman discovered a burned electrical wire in the unit's factor control panel, a clear indication of a manufacturing fault that could have started a fire and burned our house down! I wrote the president's office of LG and sent pictures of the burned connection. They promised to reimburse our repair cost. Then, inexplicably, the lady says she no longer works in that office and now LG had not only refused to reimbursed us, they will not respond to us. Terrible, terrible service, and very questionable safety issues in their products. I would NEVER buy or recommend LG to anyone.

Reviewed Nov. 14, 2021

We purchased our LG electric range in 2016 for remodel. It worked great for approximately 3 years & then the heating would not work properly, I have to set the heating at 425 to reach 350 temperature. Of course at this point it is out of warranty. I’ve had a LG service repair man out to fix & he could not figure out what it could be. I paid for his service & it actually worked properly for about 2 weeks then back to low heat. I’ve never had any problems with ovens. We bought all new LG appliances in the black stainless & no problems with them but the electric range is a fail. Will never buy anything LG ever again.

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2021

After three deliveries of same electric LG double convection oven exactly a year ago, finally had one that worked. We have had no problems with the heat in ovens but the black glasstop has spots beneath surface and burners come on by barely brushing against knobs. There should be a recall as we've come close to burning things on top of stove by accidental touch of knobs.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2021

Do not buy any LG products. Worst customer service ever. Lowe’s is awesome but LG is horrible. Delivered oven with missing enamel inside oven. Claimed Lowe’s did it then me when LG discovered it was inside oven and Lowe’s delivered out of box. In the end after more than 14 hours of phone calls to LG when I was lied to, calls not returned and multiple hang ups by their associates, they texted me their rejection to replace. Lowe’s replaced at their cost. Lowe’s gear place but stay away from LG all products. Yes.

Reviewed June 20, 2021

My husband and I purchased an LG appliance package in April 2016 after I did careful research on the products that were available at the time. We got a fridge, microwave and gas range. The first problem that we had was our fridge. The compressor went out about three years in which LG fixed. Next up, about a year ago, our ice maker just stopped working. Around that same time, I heard a very loud pop in our microwave and that stopped working.

I had a tech come out to take a look and it was the entire control panel which was nearly the same amount the microwave cost in order to fix it which we ended doing. I didn't want to get another brand because this microwave has a special vent that goes above my range. The tech also looked at the refrigerator ice maker and mentioned that we may need to replace the door which is a common problem apparently. Unfortunately that is too pricey for the time being so now I have no icemaker.

Until yesterday, I've been happy with my LG Gas Range... I started getting an F9 error which means the oven isn't heating correctly. Tonight I was making dinner and the oven turned on as usual and said it was preheated. I started cooking and opened the oven to check my food. Low and behold, the oven is barely hot. I check the oven temp and it's 205 even though the temp says 400. Sounds like another problem that is going to cost me hundreds of dollars to repair.

I've only had this appliance package for 5 years. It is so disappointing to have a problem with everything I've purchased from LG. I've been making sure to tell all of my friends and family to avoid LG because of all the problems I've had. The only appliance I have in my kitchen that hasn't had any issues is my dishwasher but that's a Bosch. I'm glad I didn't get one from LG. Although the LG appliance look beautiful, please avoid them because right now I'm trying to plan meals without the use of my oven until I can get it fixed. What a disappointment.

Reviewed May 30, 2021

We bought the LDE4413ST and it was installed late December 2020. Since then, we’ve had 2 fires on the cooktop. The knobs on the front are way too sensitive and turn to high with just brushing against them. A pizza box that was sitting on the stove burned up when a knob was inadvertently touched and today a microwave cover was burned up when it was placed on the stove after retrieving food from the microwave and a knob was brushed as we opened the microwave. I am removing the knobs and have told everyone not to place anything on the stove. One of the burners is now ruined from the melted plastic.

Reviewed May 24, 2021

I purchased this as part of a set in 2017. It's a black stainless steel gas convection range. My initial thoughts were that the control panel is extremely hard to push. They failed to put glass behind this so I have to push hard to get it to register. This is very annoying however it does work. Lately though, it has developed a new problem. The oven beeps saying it reached temp I put my food in. When I pull it out after the timer goes off, the food is cold! The oven fails to maintain temp. A 4 year old oven that is lightly used should not be having this issue! I have owned cheaper ranges and have never had issues like this, not even after 10 years or more. I am very disappointed with LG line of products.

Reviewed April 29, 2021

My LG stove worked for about 3 and a half years. Then began shutting off and not coming back on. Finally convinced 2 different repairmen to come, but they didn't fix it. Most repairmen near me won't work on LG. Parts hard to get and expensive. It won't come on now at all. Have to buy a new stove and this one is less than 4 years old!

Reviewed April 29, 2021

I love my 2 oven gas stove all for except the knobs on the front of the stove turn on if bumped and lets gas into your home. My husband can’t smell so it is very dangerous. They need to figure something out with these knobs!

Reviewed April 19, 2021

First time buyer - Purchased brand new suite of Lg appliances. Front burner dials on stovetop are a huge fire hazard. Our dog apparently was trying to get to something that was on the stovetop and was able to turn a burner on. Our whole house was filled with thick smoke and soot and almost went up in flames. Luckily we arrived home when we did - to save the dog and before it took the whole house up. Brand new stove top cracked and ruined and a whole house of ash to scrub - including all my brand new white cabinets from my kitchen remodel. Then, as I was leaning over the stove to wipe off the under cabinets my hip turned a burner on. These burners dials are a major fire hazard.

Pinned

Hello Sarah. Thank you for providing that information. We have sent you a documentation request. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

LG

Reviewed March 23, 2021

There are so many things we dislike about this appliance.
    1. It's very difficult to judge the temperature of the cooktop. The burner turns on and off and the heat is not consistent while cooking.
    2. Extremely difficult to keep it clean. It does not clean up well even though people say it does. Even after wiping the surface clean it still has marks or rings on it.
    3. When we cook food in the oven it does not cook evenly. When we make a pizza it looks done. When we take it out and begin eating it I discover parts of the pizza that are still cold. It's very odd. The edges can look crispy but parts are still uncooked.
    4. Sometimes NEW does not mean better. The old style gas ranges are so much better than these new style appliances.
    5. Numbers on the dials are very difficult to read. Depending on the light in your kitchen you may have trouble even reading whether you have your dial set on 3 or 8, etc. The light gray print on the knobs is not contrasting enough to be easy to see. Again, an old fashioned white dial with black letters is a win win in my book.

Advice - DO NOT BUY THIS or any LG appliance - we have the microwave and the refrigerator too and don't like those either.

LG Ranges Company Information