Call toll free
2.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price. Current Special: order a $450 warranty and get washer & dryer coverage for free!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1544 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I'm just giving feedback on ownership of the warranty in general! Although I used it about 5 times for various defects, in total, I didn't think I got back the cost of the policy in work. It was purchased by the seller so I will let it end and create a savings account to pay my monthly premiums into and use it for emergencies when they begin to happen. Best wishes!

Dear Michael,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. Please reach out to me directly if you have any further questions.

Customer Relations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Dishwasher was not draining and leaked. Took two visits but now is fixed. The repairman was friendly but I wish they would wear booties when entering my home. One day it was raining and I had to remove the floors after he left. Also, repair should only take one trip. I am, however, very pleased with Landmark.

Dear Brenda,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear more on your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I spoke to Sterling on 1/9/19. My account shows a double payment to my credit card since September. AS of today I have received no email or telephone call response back. Also my last service call about my furnace was not resolved. Same issue still exists. I paid the $60 service fee and the furnace still will not turn on.

Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Sterling had sent you an e-mail on 01/14/19, detailing your refund for the double payment.

As for your furnace service request. I would like to look further into your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have found Landmark to be fair and helpful at a time I needed them. I also found out that by dealing directly with them, rather than through my agent, made a big difference. I would recommend Landmark to family and friends!

Dear Edward,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Our dishwasher was leaking so we called our warranty company. A service technician promptly responded and diagnosed our problem. A part needed to be ordered and a follow up visit was necessary. The technician returned two days later and the problem was solved.

Dear Richard,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner for your dishwasher! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Contractor sent estimate that access would require 3 hours. Work done was 1 hour for everything. Any contractor in my opinion with license and experience knows what a job requires. He grossly overestimated and trumped up work that was never needed. In my experiences, any contractor who does this is 1. Inexperienced and incompetent or 2. Unethical and deceptive. The holes were left open and not repaired, and they left a mess which we had to clean the bathroom.

Dear Priest McLane,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I was told to call in January to check on getting my monthly payment adjusted lower. Elaine was very helpful and professional. I appreciated all she was able to accomplish. She also helped verify I will be getting warranty information later this month.

Dear Gerald,

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

This has been a terrible company to work with. Let down after let down they don’t seem to get it. They seem to be be working to avoid covering things, going back on what you’ve said and not listening. They have terrible customer service, and that’s after talking with supervisors. I could have saved the upfront cost and paid for just about everything myself.

Dear Jake,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I have received your direct e-mail and will be responding to you shortly to assist you with your concerns.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Landmark was easy to deal with and helped to schedule my service call. When we were having trouble, they even called to check and make sure things were moving along and offered to call the company themselves. We thought the issue was taken care of, but it proved to not be the case. After calling again, they were just as easy to deal with to get the situation resolved.

Dear Billie,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Customer service was rude, hostile and confrontational. Landmark does not honor their contracts and will do everything possible, not even sure how it's legal, to deny claims. I have a home inspection report from a few months ago stating at my HVAC unit was in normal working condition. When the heat didn't work I called Landmark and their technician came out and said that the unit wasn't well maintained, thus, voiding my warranty. So I have two contradictory reports about the HVAC unit in question, from within a few months of each other. One report, Landmark, has a financial incentive to lie and the other report, licensed home inspector, doesn't. Which one is being dishonest??? "Home Warranty" with Landmark isn't worth the paper the contract is written on.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your furnace service request. I was able to review your service request and home inspection report. The home inspection report does state that at the time of inspection your unit was in working condition. However, the full report was not provided. The documents that were provided does date back to 05/04/15.

The contractor provided photos of your unit with his diagnosis. Due to the lack of maintenance on your unit, it will need a chemical cleaning. Whether the lack of maintenance pre-dates your warranty start date of 06/07/18, the warranty does not cover to clean your unit. The chemical cleaning would not be covered.

At this time, your service request will remain a denial. Once your unit has been chemically cleaned, your warranty will resume as normal with a provided document of proof.

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate departments to implement the necessary steps to improve our services. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your coverage. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I requested service to fix my Viking dishwasher on December 20, 2018. I was told they would be coming on Monday, December 31st after many calls got get service. I just called the appliance shop and they are closed today but will come Wednesday. It should not take 13 days to get service, especially around the holidays! I will be shopping for a new home warranty service!

Dear Julie,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your dishwasher. I have recognized that your appointment is scheduled for today, 01/02/19. Once we have received a diagnosis from the contractor, we will inform you of the next steps to move forward.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We bought an older home with included appliances. We had no way of knowing if they had ever been serviced, replaced, nor if they were even bought new! Landmark has given us peace of mind and confidence that if anything goes wrong, (and it has!) that we are covered. Local technicians come out and troubleshoot and are only a phone call away. Even Landmark gives us a call to make sure everything went great! We truly couldn't ask for a better company!

Staf,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and rating! We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way. Landmark and our network of contractors are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Cheyenne Rapier

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Our furnace wasn’t working, and they were out in less than 24 hours to get it fixed. They were professional, and the price was exactly what they’d said - no additional fees or anything. We’d recommend them!

Dear Mat,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner for your furnace! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I paid for a warranty through this company when I bought the house and everything was inspected. I paid annually for all of the companies to come out (over 50 dollars) to check everything. After 3 years my A/C broke and they refused to fix the A/C stating that there were leaves in the outside unit and stated it was not properly maintained. Mind you they sent out a company to service it 6 month prior. I reached out to many managers and they said they refused to pay that much money to fix an A/C. If I could give them less than 1 I would.

Dear Shaundra,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your A/C service request.

According to the contractor’s diagnosis, your compressor had failed due to a lack of maintenance. The unit is also equipped to cool a 1400 sq.ft. home. With the extra room, your homes sq. ft. totals 1900. It is recommended that a larger unit is installed in the home.

Unfortunately, the warranty does not cover for units that have failed due to a lack of maintenance. If you can provide a copy of your contractor’s invoice who had checked your unit, I would be happy to review it. You can e-mail that to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Our experience with Landmark Home Warranty has been “meh.” Every time we have called to inquire about service we have been met with explanations of why our inquired item, though seemingly within stated areas of coverage, just happen to fall outside the coverage offered. Every service request requires one to pay a “service fee” that covers nearly the full cost of the service, so the Warranty has offered little value.

We would have been far better off with the equivalent amount of cash in our account to pay for the service the Warranty claims to cover. Save your money, as you will be better served working directly with the contractors doing whatever you need done, and Landmark will likely offer you frustration when they explain why they won’t cover your problem.

Dear Derik,

The service call fee is a fee required to have the contractor out to your home to diagnose your system's failures. In the event that a repair or replacement is needed, depending on your coverage and the cause of the failure, the warranty will cover the costs necessary for the repair/replacement. If there are any out of pocket expenses from non-covered parts or modifications, a representative will go over these expenses in detail be for any work is done.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Left your company at expiration. I vowed never to subscribe to Landmark Warranty ever again. The service agents are clueless and the experience every time I called was a nightmare. The contractors you choose are questionable, especially SWAT plumbing. You should disassociate yourself with this company. They're scamming your customers on plumbing issues.

Dear Elaine,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with Landmark. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com with your property address.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Called into Landmark Home Warranty for assistance with an electrical problem. I spoke with I believe Heather and she promptly assisted with making a work order and giving me the contractor's name that would be responding. My neighbor and I worked at the electrical panel and resolved my issue. I promptly called back and asked if I could cancel the order. A new agent assisted me and related that she had to do a couple of things and related that the order was cancelled. Thanks ladies and Landmark Home Warranty.

Dear Manuel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

3 stars because the employee are very kind. Easy to reach by phone. However Landmark does not have many contractors in our area. Unfortunately they (contractors) are not experienced enough. Even though we're paid our insurance in full, you still have a deductible. Wished I had gone with American.

Dear Lori,

Landmark has contractor relations representatives out in the field every day to build new relationships and expand our in-network list of contractors. We also have alternative options to ensure we are providing you quick service.

I would be happy to go over any coverage questions you may have in detail. You can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I own a large real estate company and have in the past with my 60 Realtors "sold" at least 90 Landmark Warranties. Landmark has been satisfactory but the company has to get their hands around issues with air conditioning - particularly when things like "freon" costs the Landmark Warranty owner more than the overall repair. Almost 100% of the Landmark warranty buyers believe repairs will be covered and what is not covered will not run into the thousand dollar range... as in freon replacement and other things. Possibly a high initial cost of the warranty would be a reasonable consideration. Additionally, my Realtors are moving away from LMHW simply because they are now Associated with American Home Shield - a company who by far and away has the worst reputation in the home warranty business.

Dear Royce,

The warranty covers up to $20.00 per pound of freon. Any additional costs would be an out of pocket expense to you. However, our HVAC coverage does not have a limit and will cover multiple units in your home. Depending on the failure of your system, Landmark may cover the replacement of your system. The HVAC coverage also includes a limit of up to $500.00 in modifications. Typically, modifications are not covered under the warranty. We understand that with a replacement, modifications will be needed.

"I. Essential Plan
Air Conditioning and Heating System

LIMITS: $500 maximum for diagnosis, repair, or replacement of ductwork. LHW will provide access through unobstructed walls, ceilings, and floors only, and will provide cash in lieu of returning the access opening to rough finish condition in the following amounts: smaller than 5 square feet: $40; 5–10 square feet: $65."

I would be happy to go over any coverage details with you. You can reach me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have had a number of interactions With Landmark, I can't say as that any have been good. The warranty was part of the package when I bought my house. Initial offerings seemed good until you look at them. Re-key all your house locks for $60... competitive pricing was $50 to 60. Inspect and tune up Heater or AC for $60...again competitive price was $50 to 60. Plumbing problems... not covered. Had to pay LHW $60, plus 200 to fix the problem myself. After several complaints, LHW did offer $125.

Refrigerator wouldn't cool to adequate temperature, ice maker stopped working due to high temperatures...warranty won't help until total failure. Furnace cycles excessively, over fire safety switch keeps kicking in...you guessed it $60 to find that warranty doesn't kick in until total failure. Had to fix the problem myself. Overall I am not impressed with Landmark Home Warranty. I firmly believe that home warranties are a SCAM promoted by real estate agents getting a kickback.

Dear Kirk,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with your service requests. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com with your property address.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

You don't know me, but please take my advice and don't use this company. Every experience I have had with them has been horribly negative. Their goal in life is to say "no." They do everything in their power to not cover your claims. If you call on a Saturday, know that even though they tell you on the phone that you will get a call in four hours, what they really mean that it will be between 8am-noon on Monday. And it's your responsibility for knowing if it's an emergency, because if you have them send someone out on a weekend and it's not an emergency, you will be responsible for paying the after-hour fee.

Do you think your AC unit is covered? Think again. There are so many exceptions that you'll end up getting about 20% of your repair covered. When you call their customer care, expect to wait on hold for about ten minutes, and then be disconnected. Expect this to happen two or three times before someone answers. This has happened on three separate days for me. And when they do answer, they say something like, "How can we make your day extraordinary?" Never have more untrue words been said by a company (well, maybe since Enron, but still). You will realize about three minutes into a call that this company has no desire to put a smile on your face.

I would love to know the percentage of customers who don't renew after the first year. I bet it is extremely high. Well, at least customers who have filed a claim in the first year. But maybe that's what CEO Chris Smith and the rest of the company want. After all, a bunch of customers who never file claims is free money, right? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep looking for a decent home warranty company. Landmark Home Warranty is NOT one of them.

Dear Patrick,

Resolution response: Dec. 7, 2018

Landmark Home Warranty has promised to send out the original plumber to repair our water heater. We are still waiting for a call from him. Hoping things go as promised.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

We've owned our home for 2 years and purchased a Landmark Home Warranty at the time of purchase. We've had them out for service 3 times, and while they've always been professional on the phone some of the contractors they've used are less than optimal. There is a plumber they've sent out that we weren't happy with and last week when our water heater started leaking we requested that they not send that plumber. They agreed to assign it to one of the other plumbers they work with. They then called back to tell us that the other plumber couldn't do the work and proceeded to assign it to the plumber we asked NOT to have! When he showed up at our home he (once again) padded his figures and had an bad attitude.

My husband told him that we'd prefer to use someone else and he left, saying LHW would contact us. When they didn't my husband called them. They said it was under review. What's to review? They said the other plumber didn't want to work with us? We've never met him! So I called the other plumber and made an appointment for Monday. I was told by the young lady who answered the phone that the reason they declined our service call was because the owner didn't want to accept water heater service calls from Landmark. We said we'd pay.

So we set up an appointment to have it repaired. When my husband called Landmark to tell him that we knew they had lied they said they'd have the contractor relations call the plumber and see if they could run it through their company. A few minutes later I get a very apologetic call from the young woman who set up the appointment telling me they had to cancel. No reason why. I'm feeling like we've been caught in the middle of something out of our control, and my water heater still leaks. We've been paying Landmark for a year and now that we need service they're not taking care of it. I feel like they're not meeting the terms of our contract with them, and their relationship with their contractors is having a negative effect on our home's care.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have a home warranty that includes my pool pump which had some valves fail and Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

Dear Craig,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I am new to home warranties. We just bought a new house in Aug. Furnace couldn't be tested. Come Oct we ran across issues with furnace and some electrical. Completed request and got immediate appointments for both. Jobs were completed quickly and Landmark followed up every step of the way. Easy and fast process. So far I will plan on renewing when year is up.

Dear Tammy,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Landmark refused to pay their own contractor to repair an electrical issue on my home covered by the warranty. Two weeks after moving in some sections of my home lost power. Landmark was called for warranty repair and it took weeks to finally get someone to look at problem. Their contractor said the main panel would need to be worked on, Landmark refused to pay. Landmark tried for weeks to get a second contractor to come out and they all refused. Three months later Landmark only paid me $500 of the $1,500 repair bill.

Dear Scott,

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail to better address them.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

A few weeks ago our garage door spring snapped in half and we were unable to access and park in our garage. We live in chilly Idaho winters so wanted a fix asap. We submitted our claim online and were good as new in less than one business day. Thanks Landmark!

Dear Aimee,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner for your garage door! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We purchased a home warranty through Landmark when we purchased our new home and I'm so glad we did. While we have not had anything major happen, we have had a few things that needed repair. The service at Landmark is very efficient. Soon after filing a service request we are put in touch with a local contractor. Customer service is very thorough and follows up to ensure you are scheduled and set. Great value and convenience, I highly recommend.

Dear Stephen,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We have made two service requests. Each was handled in a timely manner, completely and with courtesy by the customer service representative with whom we spoke. We purchased this service as part of our purchase of a new home and, so far, it is worth the price.

Dear Larry,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Landmark was very good to work with. They followed up to make sure we were contacted by the contractor that re-keyed our home to set up an appointment. They also followed up to make sure it was done. The individual that came out to do the appointment was knowledgeable and efficient. We have only had Landmark for a couple of weeks but so far so good.

Dear Katie,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Dishwasher had a leak. I put a service request in for plumbing not realizing it was the dishwasher til late. I called and canceled the plumber and requested appliance repair. Was repaired quickly! Great customer service.

Dear Melinda,

Landmark Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Landmark Home Warranty, headquartered in Riverton, Utah, was established in 2004. The company currently serves customers in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah, and it plans to expand nationwide in the future. Landmark offers several plan choices as well as additional coverage so consumers can select the protection they need.

• Live customer support: Customers will work with their dedicated account manager throughout the claims process should any of their covered equipment malfunction.

• Quick response time: Customers are guaranteed to have an independent contractor contact them within four business hours and, if the call requires emergency service, a contractor will call within one hour.

• Low service fee: Customers pay a relatively low service fee of $60 to $70 per visit, depending on their location. Consumers can see the price for service calls in their state by visiting the company’s website.

• Clear costs: Interested customers can go to Landmark’s website to see fees for warranties for both home sellers and existing homeowners. By providing some personal information, they can get a customized quote.

• Homeowner Dashboard: Landmark customers can access everything related to their warranty online via the Homeowner Dashboard. From there, they can view their coverage, file a claim or renew their policy.

• Best for: recent homebuyers, existing homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information