3.28/5
Based on 297 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price. Current Special: order a $450 warranty and get washer & dryer coverage for free!

A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 14, 2018

1360 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 14, 2018

Landmark does not support their product, clients or sales representative. I am a realtor. I always have the A/C unit cleaned and serviced as part of the contract to protect my client from the risk of pre existing conditions. My client's a/c unit stop working 2 months and Landmark had a vendor come out. He said the unit's panel need to be replaced and that it would take Landmark about 4 days to approve the part. Therefore the vendor said he would need to hotwire it and that the unit would be running continuous until the part came in and if they needed to turn the a/c unit off they would need to do it by turning off the breakers.

Ok 4 days later he replaced the panel and the clients called back and the a/c now was making a noise and not working properly. The vendor now says that it is because it was not wired properly when it was originally put in and this caused damaged to the drum and this is all previous damage. After fighting with Landmark for over a week with a client who has a 8 month baby in Texas with no a/c they said that if their vendor did do damage they are not responsible for the vendor and they would not cover a mistake made by their vendor. REALLY. Just say no to Landmark.

Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your client’s A/C unit.

Our contractors are licensed and insured for these very reasons. If a technician causes any damage to your units, you would reach out to the company to assist you with the damages.

I would like to review your clients dispatch ticket in detail to appropriately address your concerns. To avoid giving out their personal information, please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Customer Relations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Landmark is the biggest regret of my home buying experience. They usually don't answer their phones. There was one day I waited twice for an hour before being disconnected, only to be told the next day two different stories--one about how their phone system had a glitch and another about how it was a power surge from lightning. They don't cover most of the things I have called about (even though I have the most expensive warranty). I involved one of their managers and finally got my dishwasher replaced. Then they sent me a check for half the amount, and I had to fight to get the rest. Now I have a disposal out, and they say my warranty expired a year ago, even though it's not and they just replaced my dishwasher two months ago and claim to have no record of it. This company is a complete sham. Steer clear.

Dear Trent,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experiences with us thus far.

The warranty that pulls up with your given information does show that it had expired in April of 2017. A representative in our Orders department is currently working on correcting this issue for you.

Once this has been corrected, we will be able to open the dispatch ticket for your garbage disposal.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and has been forwarded to all the proper departments to implement the proper training.

I would like to assist you in any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I've had multiple Landmark warranties given to me from real estate agents as a part of the sale of a home. When it comes to little things, like changing the keys at the new house, they are fine. When it comes to the big things get ready to fight for your life. They will fabricate reason after reason why they don't have to cover the repairs. Be careful of their wording. They are VERY specific what constitutes "damage" versus "wear and tear". Even issues that are obviously wear and tear, like an AC board frying the compressor, they will claim is "damage" caused by the board and refuse to pay.

How can one component be accused of damaging another component and make them decide to not pay for a repair? This scenario has played out at least 2 times and you'll be left paying for the full repair. Whether it's 300 dollars for your fridge or 3000 for your air conditioning unit. Seriously? Avoid this company like the plague. They will screw you when it really counts. If your real estate agent offers to buy one of these warranties for you BEG them to switch to a more reputable company.

Dear Vincent,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experiences with us.

There are times where secondary damage can happen. This is when one part of your unit fails and causes another part to fail. The second part would not have failed if the first was in good working order.

I would like to look into your concerns more closley. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com. From there I will be able to confirm your information and get the details of your concerns to be able to address more appropriatley.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 7, 2018

Overall, my experience and expectations have been fair. I was/am disappointed with how the company handled and continued to handle an error (property address) on their behalf that I subsequently ended up paying for. I would prefer to use contractors that I am familiar with as opposed to those listed on occasions. That should be allowable.

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience. I would be happy to assist you with your property address error if it has not been corrected.

The warranty would like the opportunity to send our in-network contractor out to your home for diagnosis. In the circumstance we are unable to provide a contractor in a timely manner, Landmark will explore alternative options that may allow you to use your own contractor. Any work that is done without prior approval will not be reimbursed.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 5, 2018

Literally have been lied to the second I purchased Landmark's "warranty." It covers next to nothing, saddles the customer with the cost, and is a quick cash grab to see how long it takes for a customer to realize they've been duped. If you're a consumer don't listen to what your agent says. Avoid this company like the plague.

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear of the experience you have had with us thus far. We have an overall approval rate of 97% in covered claims. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind and would be happy to answer any questions you may have on coverage. I see that you have had a recent dispatch ticket for your HVAC unit. I would like to go over the details of your concerns to address them more appropriately.

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: May 3, 2018

Landmark Home Warranty was great and quick response to my issue with my water heater going out. The replacement was fast and quick. There was always communication on how the service was going from beginning to end.

Dear Chad,

Original review: May 3, 2018

I am happy with LHW in general. Customer representatives are very friendly and professional. The only problem is that no one can help me get my online account issue resolved. Each time I spoke to a representative (when make service request or renew my warranty), I explain the account problem and they make notes to fix the problem. But issue remains unresolved and I would like to be able to consult my account online to make my service requests online (convenient and written in my own words). When I log in, I see the first welcome page with my name, but cannot proceed further. Message says my account is inactive since 2 years!

Dear Nadege,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us. I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your online account. I would like to do what I can to help you solve your concerns. If you can provide screenshots of what you are seeing, that would be appreciated.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We love Landmark. They always come through for our clients. Nate ** is amazing and provides fantastic customer service. Never get rid of him! We only refer Landmark and for good reason, there is not a better company out there to work with.

Dear Kody and Amber,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us! We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 5-star service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Original review: May 2, 2018

Timely and had dishwasher going in a matter of a few hours. Just some adjustments and going over washer details. Landmark was on top of which vendor, getting appointment call set up, and follow up calls to ensure everything was going well. Yes, I would recommend Landmark.

Dear Donna and Ervin,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us! I am pleased to hear that we have been able to service your dishwasher in a timely manner! We look forward to the opportunity to help you in the future! Please feel free to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Our refrigerator was making a lot of noise and then the ice maker quit working. The gentleman from Corner Stone came out and pronounced the problem as a "board" and ordered another one. He replaced that on 5/1/18 and it has been working well since.

Dear Kenneth and Diane,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 30, 2018

I purchased a home in August of 2018 and was provided a warranty through the seller at time of the sale, it happened to be Landmark Home Warranty. I moved into the home in early August, and noticed the AC was not particularly cold, and on days that were in the 90's the best I could get was cooling to around 80-82 inside the house with the AC units running full blast all day chewing through electricity to power the units. I opened a service case with Landmark, and had a technician out within a day or so to diagnose the issue. As it turns out the two units were down 7 pounds of R22 so the cooling system was simply not able to cool the air.

I asked the tech if R22 simply 'wore out' or if there was a leak in the system, he confirmed that it does not wear out but there was likely a leak somewhere. I asked him about finding and repairing the leak before charging the AC system since it didn't make sense to put VERY expensive R22 into a system that was leaking (never mind the environment). He stated it would be fine and they put a "stop leak" in the lines. $100 paid to Landmark for the service call and another $350 to their technician for the 7 pounds of R22 later, our AC was blowing cold air. For 6 weeks we used the AC until it cooled down in Dallas, and turned the system off for the season.

Fast forward to April 2018, Dallas is warm again, in the mid-80's this past week. I turned on our AC system to find the house not getting cool again. I reached out to Landmark HW because this is likely due to the same thing that happened last year, the leak was not fixed, the system is down R22 and the house will not cool. Landmark said sorry since it is past 30 days this is going to be a new call, where I again will spend nearly $500 to repair the system (hopefully that is all). I asked about why the leak was not even looked for and was told "well the stop leak should have been enough." Clearly it was not.

I asked about getting a leak test to find the culprit to make sure the doesn't happen again as I do not want to be paying $500/season to recharge my AC... not to mention the effect on the environment by leaking R22 to deplete our ozone layer which they clearly do not have an issue with. Apparently if the leak is visible, they will repair, BUT they will not pay to look for it. Basically I am paying Landmark to call a technician, paying the technician for the R22 since it is not covered by Landmark, and nobody wants to look for the leak to fix the issue since that might actually cost money, and since I am footing all the cost to Landmark and the AC company why would they want to go look for problems to fix. The best part, I just re-upped my warranty with this outfit. I will be looking for a new company that treats their account better, this is just ridiculous.

Dear John,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with your air conditioning unit. I understand the frustrations this may have caused you. The warranty guarantees our contractor’s work for 30 days. If the unit fails once again due to the same issue, a recall ticket will be sent to the contractor to check their work without another service call fee.

It appears the contractor’s first diagnosed the leak and used a leak stop to prevent any further leaking. As it has been months since your unit was last looked at, we will need to open a new dispatch ticket to obtain a new diagnosis, which I do see you were able to open yesterday (04/30/18). Once the contractor has been able to diagnose the cause of the failure and what will be needed, we will be able to update you on how to move forward. We will go over any out of pocket cost, if any, before repairs are approved. They are scheduled to go out to your home today (05/01/18).

I would like to remain updated on the progress of your current dispatch ticket. If you have any questions or further concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 26, 2018

We originally had a great experience with our warranty claims and even referred them to friends who ended up selecting them and realtors who are now recommending them. However I am completely regretting that and will no longer recommend or consider renewing. If you just need a repair the experience is great however after filing the same claim three times with over 8 visits for the same issue the last repair guy said that it needed to be replaced. They then told me that the third claim would be the final one and if it couldn't be repaired that was it.

At this time they now want a second opinion and are completely inconsiderate that this is the 9th time that my husband or I will have to take off work to have yet another person come out. They are trying to avoid replacing our cooktop after we have been told everything that could be replaced has been replaced. At this point we are more than irritated and feel awful we even gave them as recommendations to others so beware there is a difference of repair vs. replacement.

Dear Mandy,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sincerely sorry for the experience you are having to make you feel this way.

I have been able to review the history of your oven’s dispatch tickets. At this time, the original contractor has been unable to determine the cause of your oven’s failures. They have recommended that a second opinion is sent to get a new set of eyes on your oven. We will need a diagnosis to determine what the next steps will be. Once the new contractor has submitted their diagnosis, Landmark will take into consideration the past repairs done on your unit in the last few months.

It is my recommendation to schedule an appointment with the new contractor. I will be coordinating with our customer service department and staying involved for the remainder of the dispatch ticket for your oven to ensure you are being presented the appropriate solutions.

I would be happy to answer any further questions or concerns you may have. You can reach me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 24, 2018

Landmark Home Warranty is always friendly and they take care of my needs quickly. They have great contractors and I've always been satisfied with their work. The warranty isn't very expensive and well worth it when compared to what the costs could be for service/repairs/replacements. They have the lowest service call fee from all the different companies I looked at. This is a company I have consistently had good experiences with and would recommend to anyone looking for a home warranty!

Dear Maya,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to provide you with consistent good experiences and are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 5-star service.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for the time you have taken to share it. We look forward to another opportunity to provide you remarkable service! Thank you for your continuous support. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 19, 2018

I called because my downstairs bathroom was flooding. When any water went down the drain it would come back up from the toilet so I turned off all water to my home. Called Landmark and they did a service ticket and asked for my $60.00 payment & was told it wouldn't charge my card until the service was complete. They couldn't find anyone to come out. Waited half the day away. I called them back & canceled. I needed water that day!! Needless to say the next day the 60.00 dollars was charged to my account. This was March 3rd and I have called 4 times for my refund and every time they tell me it will be 5 to 7 days. I have yet to see it!! It's now 4/19/18 and 2 payments have been made to Landmark but still no Refund!

Dear Cindi,

I am sorry to hear you have not received your refund. I will be getting with my accounting department to determine why you have not been refunded. As soon as I am able to confirm what we can do on how to move forward, I will reach out to you directly.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback. If you have any questions for me in the meantime, you can reach me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

I’d like to thank you for your patience and look forward to assisting you.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 16, 2018

Glad to find out that LHW approved a new kitchen faucet as it was leaking and had issues for a while supposedly. Our plumber helped confirm the need and necessity of repair as we bought the home last year. I would give the plumbing contractor 5 stars who did the repair. Due to a wrong answer on the phone at customer service today I'm not giving LHW 5 stars - just 4.

Hello J,

We are pleased to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide satisfactory service. We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services and go into more details on your phone call.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We have been customers of Landmark Home Warranty for over a year. We have never had a claim. We renewed our warranty this year and tried to set up a service for our HVAC. When we called we were told that our payment was never charged to the credit card on file and the month prior they charged $.01 (one cent) less than the amount due! We were never advised that our monthly payment was not processed and thus our account was not active. When we spoke to the company representatives they advised us that the payment issue was an error on their part.

Our policy also was not active during the time they had made this mistake! They never apologized and continued to provide extremely poor customer service. I spoke then to their retention/customer relations department (Cheyenne), when advising her we were considering cancellation, she told me "there would be a $75.00 administration fee"! They also refused to refund the remaining payment which we had just made! I would never recommend this company to anyone and found them to be LESS THAN TRUSTWORTHY in every way!

Hello Lance,

I am sorry for the experience you’ve had with us. We do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is not the service we intend to provide to our homeowners.

There is a cancellation fee of $75.00, however, we had waived the fee due to your experiences. We recognize the payment error was on our end and we’re not charging you the difference. Typically, you will receive an email regarding your missed payment. Landmark strives to better our services and I have forwarded your feedback to the proper department to implement new processes.

I apologize for the frustrations this may have caused you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Horrible Service! Complete waste of Money! Paid for the service but they didn't cover the bill when the thermostat on our rental condo went out. Save your money and don't get this coverage. Their customer service staff did not care and kept transferring me to different departments.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your thermostat. I would like to look into the details of your dispatch ticket to address your concerns more appropriately. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

I look forward to working with you.

Original review: April 6, 2018

The service tech was very professional and the landmark agent was as well. I do think that having the highest plan with you guys should have covered the camera scope conducted by the plumber to check on a possible slab leak. That's my recommendation.

Hello Christopher and Meredith,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us. We are pleased to hear that the contractor and Landmark were able to provide you with professional service.

Although we do not cover for the camera scope, your feedback and recommendation is taken seriously and I will forward it to the proper departments.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am a new policy holder and I had a little confusion regarding my monthly payments. Brenda in Accounting was very pleasant and very helpful and explained everything to me in a phone call and also answered a few more billing questions I had in a couple of emails.

Hello Roberta,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us! We are glad to see that Brenda was been able to provide you with 5-star service. We look forward to the opportunity to help you in the future! Please feel free to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Landmark has been great to work with so far. We just bought a home and needed to have it re-keyed. Landmark quickly found the contractor to do the job, and checked back with us to make sure the service had been scheduled, completed, and if the contractor had done the job to our satisfaction.

Original review: April 6, 2018

The warranty we have was provided to us by the previous homeowners and we upgraded it. We feel it doesn't cover things it should. There seems to be loopholes. We feel like certain things should be covered that are not.

Hello Lori,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I would be happy to go over any coverage details with you.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Steve from A/C Rescue was amazing! He was very professional. My A/C works so well. Very grateful to have it fixed. I would definitely have them back to fix my A/C. The response was quick and he was always on time.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Excellent service, contractor was on time and serviced both the outside and inside equipment. Rapid Air is a first class contractor that is both professional and courteous. Would give them more stars if there were more to give. Very impressive!

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us! We are glad to see that our agents and contractors, especially Rapid Air, have been able to provide you with timely 5-star service. We look forward to the opportunity to help you in the future! Please feel free to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Two major rate hikes in as many years - I was mostly happy with the service, except for one AC repairman who turned off my heater and I had to call for another service in the winter because of his...accident? Or? But the cost rose about $100 EACH YEAR and that made it not worth the money at all. Very disappointed.

Hello Jennifer,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with you AC. Your feedback is appreciated and taken very seriously. It has been forwarded to the correct department to implement the necessary training.

The warranty coverage was recently updated to cover more than it did before. You can pay the warranty in full or with monthly payments.

If you have any questions on coverage or any concerns, I would be happy to discuss them with you in detail.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Landmark HW make it so easy to make a claim. They get on it quickly and have the most efficient contractors. Great quality work from landmark! Making a claim online is fast and convenient but also the way they handle your claim as well.

Hello Jesus,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us! I am pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Lights were OK, but outlets (only two in my experience) not working. No GFCI outlet could be located. The electrician came on time. He quickly and accurately diagnosed the problem and solved it. The GFCI outlet was located in the downstairs bathroom and had been tripped. I am happy with service and will use again.

Hello Michael,

Original review: April 5, 2018

From entry of the claim to the final completion of the repair, everything went smoothly. Thank you for such great service. We will definitely be renewing our contract again. We also had a friend sign up for your warranty based on our recommendation and they’ve been quite happy with your service as well.

Hello Erika,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us! We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 5-star service. We look forward to the opportunity to help you in the future! Please feel free to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 4, 2018

Stacy is the regional manager and made sure I was well taken care of! From the rekey of my new home to the total replacement of my garage door opener I am THRILLED that I chose Landmark to be my home warranty company!! There are so many horror stories out there with competitor companies but Landmark stands by their word and I will shout from the roof tops to everyone I know to choose Landmark!!!

Hello Tammy,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us! We are pleased to see that we have been able to provide you with 5-star service for your re-key and garage door. We are glad to provide you with a peace of mind when it comes to your home. We look forward to the opportunity to help you in the future! Please feel free to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 22, 2018

Landmark told me that they depended on the contractor and their professional opinion. However when I called the contractor that Landmark hired, the contractor told me that they only told Landmark what they found and left it up to them to decide if they considered it normal wear. Landmark then promptly decided to blame me, the customer, for the failure of the equipment. Landmark is only interested in how much money they can make. They could care less about their customers. People should avoid Landmark at all costs.

Hello Dennison,

I am sorry to hear of your recent experience with your pool request. I was able to pull up your work order for review. According the contractor's diagnosis, the main pump lost its prime due to the suction plumbing. The inlet 3 way needs to be replaced because the grease knob broke off and is causing it to suck air. It was determined that the failure was not due to normal wear and tear. The request was denied due to the grease knob being broken. This caused your manifold to fail, which is a secondary damage and not covered under the warranty.

The warranty has the right to determine, at our sole decision, whether a covered unit will be repaired or replaced. However, we do go by our contractor’s professional opinion to assist us in our decision.

Thank you for taking the time rate and review us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns you can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 20, 2018

The repair on the bathroom commode was fine, however when we call to have our garage door opener check and repair, we were told that we did not have coverage for the garage door opener. Our contract showed that we had it, but your company denied it.

Hello George,

I am happy to hear we were able to assist you with your plumbing request. I do see that you are under the Home Systems plan with additional coverage for your refrigerator, washer, and dryer. Unfortunately your garage door is not covered under the plan you have.

You will be up for renewal in the next few days. You can change your coverage then. However, we do expect that when adding coverage, that the unit is in good working order.

You can reach out to our Renewals department for more information on how to renew. You can also reach out to me directly if you have any questions at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us. We appreciate your feedback.

Landmark Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Landmark Home Warranty, headquartered in Riverton, Utah, was established in 2004. The company currently serves customers in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah, and it plans to expand nationwide in the future. Landmark offers several plan choices as well as additional coverage so consumers can select the protection they need.

• Live customer support: Customers will work with their dedicated account manager throughout the claims process should any of their covered equipment malfunction.

• Quick response time: Customers are guaranteed to have an independent contractor contact them within four business hours and, if the call requires emergency service, a contractor will call within one hour.

• Low service fee: Customers pay a relatively low service fee of $60 to $70 per visit, depending on their location. Consumers can see the price for service calls in their state by visiting the company’s website.

• Clear costs: Interested customers can go to Landmark’s website to see fees for warranties for both home sellers and existing homeowners. By providing some personal information, they can get a customized quote.

• Homeowner Dashboard: Landmark customers can access everything related to their warranty online via the Homeowner Dashboard. From there, they can view their coverage, file a claim or renew their policy.

• Best for: recent homebuyers, existing homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information