3.9/5 (125 ratings)

About Landmark Home Warranty

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

Pros

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

Cons

• Coverage not available in all states

Bottom Line

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to e...

Verified

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recom...

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges from $35 per month to $61.25 per month, with service call fees of either $70 or $100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
Home Systems Plan$70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
Total Protection Plan$70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
Plumbing system$800–$1,000
Refrigerant$20 per pound
Subterranean termite treatment$700
Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
  2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
  3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
  4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
  5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: April 7, 2022

I can submit the claims to Landmark through their website or by calling them. When I called them, unfortunately, the people that I spoke to were in the Philippines. So, trying to work through their accent was a little bit difficult. Overall, when I contact them for a claim, I receive the name of the company, the name of the tech that was going to be arriving, and the estimated time.

When my AC was freezing up, the techs came out, took a quick look at the system, and told me that it was an airflow issue due to the wrong filter being used. It turned out it was nothing at all like that. It was freezing up because two of our main lines off of the AC unit were blocked. So, it wasn't able to properly get enough airflow to prevent it from freezing. It was an airflow issue but for a completely unlooked-at problem. The contractor was not able to fix it, unfortunately. With the type of issue that was occurring, it took about an hour for it to freeze up. So, once they got it running again, they told me that the airflow was the problem and I would have to call back if it occurred again. Instead of that, I just opted to have the whole system replaced.

Landmark could better handle the limitations on usage. For example, I was having issues with the AC unit, so I paid $60 for someone to come out. Afterward, I was able to look into the fine print and find out that they only covered $500 for ductwork. Two of my lines were clogged and needed to be replaced. That was about $4,000. So, my home warranty is useless. Then instead of replacing a system that they know is defective, they instead will repair each individual component of it unless their tech tells them that it needs to be replaced.

Landmark, so far, has not met any of my expectations because there's always been a loophole that they were able to use to not replace something. Otherwise, for the cost-to-benefit of it, it's about what you expect. 500 a year is the type of warranty that I don't expect to replace everything, but it would have been a much better system if it was a situation where 500 a year would guarantee a replacement of one thing rather than everything under the sun under warranty, but only enough coverage to pretty much get it looked at.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Bobby of Nampa, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Our top priority is customer satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and dependable contractors, and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and we are available if we may offer any additional assistance. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. Landmark Home Warranty

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: March 22, 2022

Their contract relations team (specifically Teresa) got in touch to help resolve the issues I had with Landmark Home Warranty. S.W.A.T. Plumbing is still the worst contractor that has ever come to my house and their owner is the most unprofessional person I have ever encountered.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I can either go online or call Landmark Home Warranty. And I've done both. It's usually great. I've had a couple rough ones. But mostly, it's good. The techs were fantastic until a plumbing one recently. And it was the worst I've ever had in my whole life. Landmark doesn't have emergency type stuff for a plumbing, which is what I had recently. That was a few days, I had to try to fix it myself until I could get someone out. Also, they need to trust their customers a bit more than their contractors. Because it was never really resolved and ended up closing out the ticket and paying the person who ruined the wood floors of my house. They got a different contractor out here now fixing the mistakes of that last contractor. But I had to do a homeowners insurance claim to take care of the wood floor problem. I'm still a little frustrated with that. But we're working on it.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Charles of Celina, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and being so receptive to our phone call. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we sincerely regret the frustration. We appreciate the opportunity to provide our personal assistance regarding the feedback you provided and your concerns with the service contractor. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Landmark Home Warranty has a good online portal. I go on and you click whatever my issue is and tell them a bit about it, and someone will contact me within the next 24 hours with a schedule. We've had a few items that have been fixed and it has been easy. Our latest issue is our air conditioner. The guy came out, looked at it and said it was not working properly but it's not damaged or dead enough for them to do anything about it. So, I should call back in a couple of weeks when it actually dies. So frustrating to know that the thing was not working properly. But as far as making a call and having somebody to come out is easy.

Landmark should have better feedback in instances where there is not any action taken. If somebody calls a service person out to look at something and nothing happens, it's a bit frustrating. Because from the consumer perspective, we were under the impression that the technician gave information back to the Landmark and they would contact us with options. But nothing happened. Another two weeks went by and I finally called and said, "What's up? Are we expecting something or not expecting something or what's happening?" And in that time, the AC died. It was hot in the house and I thought I was waiting for them. Turned out they just weren't doing anything. If it's a service call that results in no action taken, follow up to just make sure the client was fully served. But it has been very easy other than that one latest hiccup. We've had one furnace and one full HVAC system replaced and it has paid for itself in the two years that we've had the warranty plan.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Tracy of El Lago, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call to service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs. Please know we have confirmed repairs were successfully completed and cooling was restored to the home. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Our experience with Landmark has always been easy and I've never had any issues. I always dial the direct number when I submit a claim and usually, within a couple of minutes, I'm talking to somebody. I had an AC unit replaced. However, that one was a weird situation because I had work done by my prior company. They replaced part of the A coil up in the attic. It was not compatible with the new machine. So the warranty company would only cover the one that was on the ground, not the one in the attic. I had to pay for half of it.

We also had them out for a refrigerator and garage door opener. It's quick to see a tech unless it's something really big. The last one I called in, I had water dripping through my bathroom ceiling. One of the drain lines for the AC unit was clogged. It was not covered under the warranty for whatever reason. I called them Sunday afternoon and the techs were out there Monday morning. Everybody's been professional and friendly. It's also a little bit less expensive than some of the other warranty companies.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Don of Surprise, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the positive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing Landmark! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We liked the pricing that Landmark had. Our warranty was seller-funded and we paid a little bit ourselves. The service also seemed comparable to other warranties that we had looked into. We've had a total of three claims so far. Our garbage disposal was one and that one went really smoothly. The other claim was for our refrigerator and it turned out it had to be defrosted. That one went really smoothly as well.

We have an open claim right now with our oven. For the most part, it's been smooth with just a little bit of hiccup with communication. After the technician came and decided that the oven wasn't repairable, I had to call Landmark a couple of times to follow up and see what was going on because I hadn't gotten any communication from anybody. Other than that, we got our offer letter. Landmark was going to replace our oven and they would be sending out the check. This is our biggest claim.

Landmark's customer service is pretty good when I call. When I followed up on the oven replacement and as long as I was patient, they were able to sit there and go through everything. They read through things really thoroughly and looked through my file. They made sure to tell me everything I needed to know. If I was in a rush, it could have been frustrating. But Landmark was just trying to be really thorough and I appreciated that.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Tamara of Pearland, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and amazing remarks regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction and providing thorough details about the warranty process is our constant priority, and we appreciate your thoughtful feedback. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Resolution response: May 18, 2022

Today on 5/17, I received a call from Tricia, Landmark. She was very courteous, very professional and looked and my escalated case. She took care of the issue that had been pending. She was able to request a replacement refrigerator. I was very happy to find Tricia!! Thank you for helping resolve this issue.

Original review: May 17, 2022

My refrigerator started having issues three weeks ago. After sending the first technician out, Landmark requested a second opinion. The second contractor concluded I needed a new compressor. The contractor could not find the compressor so they passed back to Landmark and they placed a request for part to be back ordered. The agents are always nice, but nice does not fix this situation. The whole point of having a home warranty company, is to have issues resolved fast and without excuses. Please read fine print because they have lots of exclusions. See below: F. THIS CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER 8. Failure to provide timely service due to conditions beyond LHW's reasonable control, including but not limited to, part or equipment delays or labor difficulties.

So after three weeks, having small children at home and my 88 year old mother, requiring diabetic meds to be refrigerated, we still have no refrigerator. They always start their emails with this, “Thank you for allowing Landmark to review your situation again to ensure accuracy. Providing timely repairs is our top priority, and we sincerely regret the frustration.” But they will not honor the agreement of providing timely service.

I am reporting this here, Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission and any other customer sites I can report this less than poor experience. I will also contact my realtor and the three title companies we have used to report this company for failure to provide stated services. In my case, since the part is back ordered without any ETA on part, I have to sit with no refrigerator indefinitely since there is no service level on repair times. And Landmark wi state, “well we ordered your part, that will never come in so it’s totally ok.” Although the first technician recommended replacement and I have the texts, I guess I will have to send to small claims court for them to honor.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear M of Bruceville, Thank you so much for the updated 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and Tricia! Customer satisfaction is at the forefront of our priorities, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know Tricia loved the positive feedback, and she enjoyed providing you with her personal assistance. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Original review: May 15, 2022

I like Landmark's contract and the way they work. I've used them several times and each time I called, they were very responsive. Their reps are very knowledgeable and helpful and they always make sure that my needs are taken care of quickly. They send their technicians out immediately whenever I needed and they process my claims immediately whenever I needed a reimbursement. They have been great to work with.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Radene of West Valley City, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful remarks regarding your great customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Our top priority is your complete satisfaction and to make the process easy and hassle free, and we are happy to know how well the warranty process has worked for you. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting Landmark with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: May 14, 2022

Landmark told me that it was time to come and check and I said okay. Then, they set up the time and I told them that I don't have an AC. I have a furnace. But they were still going through with that. The guy came and said that I didn’t have an AC so I asked if he could check the furnace instead. He said no and that I have to call Landmark and they have to return my money because he didn't do anything. But the experience with Landmark has been good and I'm satisfied right now. I just got to find out what's going to happen with that one.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Marta of Newberg, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and for being so receptive to our phone call. Our top priority is your satisfaction, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. We have confirmed Landmark has explained coverage, and we are also available if we may offer additional assistance. Thank you again for allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: May 4, 2022

I like the guy that came out here the other day. He did a great job. He was right on time, very polite and helpful. It was all very good.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Janice of Mesquite, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 stars and positive feedback regarding your customer service experiences with OneGuard Home Warranties and your polite and helpful service contractor! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again for choosing OneGuard! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: April 29, 2022

I have one claim with Landmark that's been pending since February. We ended up calling in the request because the fridge side was staying cool enough, but the freezer wasn't keeping our food frozen. The first guy came out, diagnosed it and said we needed a new compressor. I made the mistake of loading it up with food. We thought it was fixed at first when the first guy came because I thought he put the compressor in, but I didn't understand the process. Then the second guy came out. They ordered a new compressor and a filter. They put the filter in first seeing if that would fix the problem. He left and I thought it was fixed. But it still wasn't freezing our food.

I called them back and they had already closed out the claim. We had to have it reopened. The next guy came out and said it needed a new compressor. I told him that was what the first guy said. They knew that it needed a compressor the first time around. We had to wait because they had to order the compressor. The compressor came in then they installed that. It still didn't fix the problem. He came out, looked at it and did nothing. He put a little bit more freon but it still didn't fix the problem. He came out again and took some stuff apart. They thought only half of the evaporator was working. They had to order an evaporator. I called to check on the status of that today. They said it's backordered until May 2nd. Once it comes in, they'll call me, I'll get on the schedule and he'll come out. Hopefully, that'll fix the problem.

I have not been satisfied with the contractor. Everyone's been very nice when they've come out. But I'm frustrated that it's going to be the eighth time that somebody comes to my house. Luckily, I have a job where I can work remotely and we have a second refrigerator. But if I had a job where I couldn't work remotely, I would have had to end up throwing in the towel and bought a new refrigerator by now.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Kaci of Phoenix, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our conversation. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we sincerely regret the frustration. We believe we have effectively addressed your concerns and will continue to follow up with you through completion. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to assist you. Landmark Home Warranty

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information