2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.04/5

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

BOTTOM LINE

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

PROS

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

CONS

• Coverage not available in all states

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone.

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: June 24, 2020

This is our second home and we had Landmark for about four years. They are very convenient. They're always very fast. You make a phone call, they immediately send out a referral. You hang up and within 20 minutes, you get a phone call from the company that's going to come work on your appointment. We've generally used it probably seven times, and every time, it's been wonderful. They're always really kind and professional, fast and cheap. We're really happy with things the way they are. Recently the remote sensor went out, so none of the remotes worked. Landmark came and fixed it.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Stephen of San Antonio, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such positive testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Providing quick resolution by service professionals that are prompt and professional, is exactly what we strive to do, and we always appreciate the opportunity to help. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for entrusting Landmark with all your home warranty and home services needs. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I’ve been with Landmark for about five years. Most of the time I’ve been happy. But one contractor was really bad. He was trying to fleece me I called them and said I never want that guy again. I’ve had the odd one where it’s so obvious that they’re just trying to lie to you and make you pay over and above my $70 deductible. I would say 90% or more are amazing.

Landmark should encourage us to use the website a bit more. I haven’t used it a lot. Because sometimes I’m holding a long time, every time I call, they should prompt and say, “Hey, there’s a good website. If you want, just have a go or something.” I just tried it the first time last night and it looked good. That’s a good resource. Sometimes you have to hold for quite a while when calling. But once they answer the phone, it goes pretty smoothly. Recently the Landmark agent answered promptly and found somebody to come and fix the garage. I was done pretty timely, less than 24 hours.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Vijay of Plano, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony and feedback regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and our service contractors! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to help. Please know we are available online at www.landmarkhw.com or via phone 866.306.2999, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and ready to assist with all of your service requests. Thank you again! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 14, 2020

My Sub-Zero refrigerator was making noise. It sounded like a fan was going out so I called Landmark and Suncoast came out, opened it up, looked at it and said, “Yeah. We probably oughta replace the fan motor that’s on the freezer side.” I thought it was the one on top. I didn’t know it had motor. So they said that they’d order a part. A week or so go by I call to check on it and then I get a call from some young lady at Landmark telling me that that part’s not available and that they’re going to send me a check for $1,500 and take the unit off the home warranty.

I said, “Whoa. Stop. You can’t tell me that Sub-Zero didn’t make a fan motor for this unit anymore. I can’t fathom that happening.” She said, “Sir, we’re going to buy the unit out, we’re gonna send you a check within 10 days.” I said, “No. Don’t do it.” So after about four minutes of being frustrated with her I finally said, “Do not send me a check. I’m going to research this.” So I simply got my model number and contacted Sub-Zero who’s put me in touch with their parts people. I’m in Houston, Texas and they happened to be in Dallas, Texas, and the lady said, “Well, sir, we’ve got six of those sitting in the warehouse and the cost on them is $89.” And I’m going, “Huh?”

I called Landmark back and was on hold for about 45 minutes. Finally, it got transferred to somebody who would listen to me, and the lady that listened to me was absolutely fantastic. I said, “This doesn’t make sense. Y’all wanna spend 1,500 and take my appliance out of it and for $89 plus $100 service call, we go down that road.” She put me on hold, and I gave her all the contact information for the Sub-Zero place in Dallas. I guess their parts people called them while I was on hold, came back and said, “Mr. **, you’re absolutely right. We’re gonna order the part, Suncoast will be out to replace it.” And that’s what ended up happening. The Suncoast people were very nice. They were spot on with their diagnosis. As soon as they got the part, they came out and replaced it, and we’ve had absolutely no problem with the refrigerator.

I've been with Landmark for five years. I would like that the first person I talked to at Landmark regarding the Sub-Zero do her research and make sure that what they want to do is correct. But that has been the only issue since I’ve had Landmark in all these years. I haven’t had a whole lot of dealings with them, but every dealing that I’ve ever had with them has been very pleasant.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Mark of Houston, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and we always appreciate the opportunity to help, and love the positive feedback. Thank you again! Please know we truly value your loyal business of 6 years, and look forward to serving you again in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 12, 2020

Filing the claim for my air conditioning was pretty easy. The contractor came out after about two days, which was reasonable and quick. He did a very good job and kinda kept me informed. The repair took some time to get right. Changing out a motor was kinda hard to diagnose. I was pleased.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Frank of Flower Mound, Thank you so much for providing Landmark Home Warranty with a 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your recent customer service experiences with our outstanding contractors! Making it easy to request service, and offering prompt resolution with friendly professionals is exactly what we strive for, and we are extremely happy that you have found peace of mind and value in the services you have received. On behalf of the entire Landmark team, thank you again for the positive feedback! We truly value your loyal business of 6 years and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: May 28, 2020

The Landmark Home Warranty representative that I talked to gave me a discount and when I looked them up, they had good reviews. To file claims, I go online, then they call a local repair person. Then that repair person calls to schedule the repair. It has all been pretty smooth. The website is also easy to navigate. I was told they the contractor should contact me within two or three days and that if they didn't call, then call Landmark back. The quality of the work done has been great. Everything was fixed or replaced. I like Landmark. They did what they were supposed to and the experience was quick, easy, and simple.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Michael of West Linn, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your positive customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and we always appreciate the opportunity to help. Thank you again for entrusting Landmark with all your home warranty and home services needs. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 28, 2020

I continue to have problems with this company's ability to manage automatic deposits accurately. As a result, my ability to have a stable account and claims management is put at risk to their negligence. I have had a least 3 incidents where my account was not deducted. I received no notification of the problem until I made a call to the company. At least one occurrence created a duplicate charge causing my account to go into a NSF. They did not reimburse my company for the fees. Given COVID - 19 and the stress people are caring for this is not a company I would recommend.

Today when looking to reconcile bills I am again faced with the same situation where no automatic deposit was take out for both May and June. Correspondence to this company for the same situation occurred on Jan 25, 2020, Jan 30, 2020, Mar 21, 2020 and Mar 26, 2020. Each time my account was validated and I was assured the problem would be fixed. Companies need to be sure that what they speak they can back up and show some empathy for their customers. If they can't get my payments correct I'm concerned with what they will do when I file a claim.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear J of Spring, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know we truly value your business, and apologize for any frustration you’ve experienced with regard to our payment system. We have left a voice message for you with the hope that you will return our call, so we may address your concerns and provide a resolution. We truly appreciate your patience and consideration, and hope to restore your faith in Landmark and the great service we offer. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 26, 2020

It's been a month now and they still don't have our replacement part. No AC or air filtering for our home during the month of June so far. They've sidestepped every attempt we've made to move things forward. We've called 5 times now with 30+ minute hold times every time (right now I've been on hold 61 minutes and counting). And they've brushed us off every time claiming ignorance and refusing to give us contact info for their supplier or parts ordering department. AND this is the second time they've screwed us over. We have yet to experience a successful claim with them.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Bryan of Oregon City, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and please accept our sincerest apology for the frustration you and your family have experienced. Please know we are actively working on resolving your service request as quickly as possible moving forward and will continue to monitor the situation through completion. Thank you again for your consideration and patience and allowing Landmark to provide you with this information. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 23, 2020

I have been with Landmark couple of years and had a issue with AC and water heater this year and was very disappointed with them. They only paid a small part for AC issue and we paid most of it even when we had the warranty. With water heater they covered 40% and we had to pay 60% so we did cash out and they paid minimum amount in which you couldnt even buy a heater leave alone installation and other charges. I will like to change my warranty company and work with company who cares for their customer and listen to them.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Ruchi of Cedar Park, Thank you for taking the time to provide Landmark Home Warranty with a review regarding your service experiences, and for allowing us the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Customer satisfaction is always our top priority and we sincerely regret your displeasure regarding Landmark coverage and the cash in lieu process. Please be assured it is always our intent to provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry, while also upholding the terms of the service contract, and we believe we have done this by compensating you according to the terms of the warranty agreement for Landmark’s cost. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to provide you with this additional explanation. Landmark Home Warrant

Original review: June 19, 2020

Red Stone recommended Landmark to us. We just moved in and when we needed the doors rekeyed, it was all good.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Cassandra of San Antonio, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such positive feedback regarding your recent customer service experience with Landmark Home Warranty. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we always appreciate the opportunity to help, and love the positive feedback. Thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 18, 2020

Bought warranty when I purchased a home. When I moved in smelled gas. Found a gas leak. Three day later no repairman sent! 20 minute hold every time I call. On hold now! Trouble communicating with representative who thought I needed keys. Would not recommend! Find any other company! Website would not take my repair request. Customer care email has not responded. May as well throw your money in the garbage.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Jennings of Ivins, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand, and also being so receptive to our conversation. Our top priority is customer satisfaction and to service you as quickly as possible, and we apologize for the hold time and the confusion on our end regarding the service request. Please be assured we have confirmed the repair is complete, and the next step is having the gas company return to the property for final inspection. Thank you again for your patience and consideration. We truly value your business and hope to gain your trust in Landmark and the great service we offer. Landmark Home Warranty

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
    Plumbing system$800–$1,000
    Refrigerant$20 per pound
    Subterranean termite treatment$700
    Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
    2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
    3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
    4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
    5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information