2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.85/5

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

BOTTOM LINE

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

PROS

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

CONS

• Coverage not available in all states

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone.

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

Within 2 weeks of moving into our home we had a dishwasher issue, a microwave that was brand new with the tags, book, and plastic still on it, break and had to be replaced. Those were done in 2 days. The A/C unit went out shortly after that and was repaired in a week due to parts being ordered. In all cases we were treated very well and as quickly as possible. Honestly in my opinion you wont find a better warranty or adjusters than Landmark Home Warranty. Robert

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have owned 4 different houses and had at least 4 different home warranties. Each one has been a challenge when it came to getting these fixed, getting the home warranty company to return my calls, follow-up, etc. UNTIL NOW. I am so surprised about how quickly I get a response from Landmark and how easy it has been. We bought a house with a pool in September 2018. Our pool pump, A/C and fridge have all had issues and they've been great. Never again will I use a different company!

Dear Angel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: May 20, 2019

The A/C was not working. We called the Landmark Home Warranty. They sent a technician. The technician diagnosed that it should be replaced. Another technician was sent, he said he fixed it, but not, then they sent a third one and he confirmed that the condenser unit required a replacement. They changed and it is working. Although we were dealing with it for three weeks, the weather was ok. They followed up in every step and were very kind to help as much as possible.

Victoria,

Thank you for your feedback! Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a professional and timely manner. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Cheyenne

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 7, 2019

I am very pleased with our home warranty. It was a gift from our realtor we have had to use it twice. I could not be happier with every aspect of our experience. I will be renewing our warranty. They were very good at following up on repairs. My personal satisfaction was a very high priority to them. Thanks so much.

Dear Ronald,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 6, 2019

We got our Landmark Home Warranty when purchasing our home 8 1/2 years ago. They have taken care of several Air Conditioner outages, a garage door opener breakdown and water heater failure. Their quick service, honest dealings and quality contractors have encouraged us to renew our warranty every year since. I would highly recommend Landmark Home Warranty to anyone looking to protect their home against unforeseen circumstances and expense.

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to be able to continue providing you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: April 1, 2020

I've used Landmark in the past and have been relatively happy but on this occurrence I was not. I called about a clogged sewer line. They charged me 60 dollars and sent out a service provider who told me I had a clogged sewer line but were unable to do more. Thank you for telling me what I told you.

Original review: March 17, 2020

My furnace went out three weeks ago. Called Landmark on a Thursday morning. They said someone would contact me before the end of the day to schedule service. No call. I finally called back at 445 pm. Apparently, the message that they needed to call the service provider never went out. The new rep I spoke with got that call made and they sent out an HVAC specialist to look at the issue the next day (Friday). The specialist determined a new furnace was needed. Said he would do the necessary paperwork and call the next week to schedule the installation. Wednesday of the next week rolls around with no communication.

I call the service provider. Apparently, there was an issue with Landmark not getting the information to their authorization department. I call Landmark to follow up. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes, I get told that the authorization department is not in, but that a message would be sent and I should hear something the next day. I hear nothing so I call. Apparently the message didn't get through. This same process of no communication from Landmark and nothing being done on my claim repeats for the next week as I call every day to get a status update.

Finally, the following Friday, I get told that it's been authorized and that I should get a call to have it scheduled on Monday. No response on Monday, so I call the service provider on Tuesday. I'm told Landmark purchasing has not contacted them to let them know the furnace has been purchased. I call Landmark. Wait on hold for 30 minutes. Finally get through. The rep has no idea why it's held up in purchasing, but will send an email to them... Again, this is week 3 without heat. I live in Idaho, so it's not warm. Luckily it hasn't been freezing otherwise my pipes would freeze and break.

Overall, 3 weeks to get a furnace in winter is unacceptable; and as the install has yet to be scheduled, I can only surmise that it will be more than 3 weeks before it gets in. I will not be renewing my contract as the level of service has been terrible. I would not recommend Landmark to anyone. Literally, ANY other warranty provider could do better. Landmark is the worst.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear John of Preston, ID., We would like to review your situation firsthand. However, we cannot locate a Landmark service plan with the information provided. May we please ask you to respond through Consumer Affairs with your contract number or address? Thank you for your consideration. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: March 13, 2020

Living in rural Southern Arizona, I realize that service techs are scarce, especially those who agree to Landmark's rates, but a recent plumbing problem resulted in out-of-pocket (out of network) expenses for which Landmark agreed to send a check (within 10-15 business days) to reimburse for a portion of the cost. 20 business days later, I emailed the person (C **) who'd emailed me with the time frame for the check, advising that I had yet to receive it. No response.

Next day, I called & after 30 minutes of hold time, was informed that I never responded to an email from billing confirming my mailing address. I've asked for a copy of that email. No response. Was told that I'd receive an email confirmation that the check had been mailed. No response. Next day, sent an email from their website again asking for info above. No response. Next day, called & asked to speak with a supervisor. Was told they don't do 'live calls,' but would call the next day after reviewing. Robyn (not a supervisor) left a voicemail that no supervisor was available, but the check had been 'processed,' & would be mailed 'soon,' please allow another 10-15 days.

Again, I don't fault them for the lack of service coverage (though perhaps they could be more upfront about these shortcomings), but the ineptitude, lack of follow-up, and general avoidance of resolving an issue by the main office is unforgivable. If you're considering contracting with a home warranty company, I'd suggest that you look elsewhere. I know I will.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Gayle of Pearce, AZ., Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Please know our top priority is your satisfaction and we sincerely regret your customer service experience and frustration regarding the delay of your reimbursement check. Please be assured we have confirmed your check has been approved and should be received within 10-14 days. We truly value your business and appreciate your patience, and hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in Landmark and the great service we offer. Thank you again for your consideration. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: March 10, 2020

I have has this company for my warranty company for about 5 years now and they have always done right for me. No warranty company covers everything, and I know that, but when an item is covered it get fixed in a timely manner.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Alice of Chandler, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 5 star review and providing such incredible testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and provide you with peace of mind. Thank you again! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you again soon. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: March 7, 2020

We had a warranty purchased for our new home. We were advised it included a one time free rekey or change of locks to the property. On the phone, they advised me it would be a $60 charge for a service call. Once I paid, they said I would be contacted by the company that would be changing the locks. That was almost 2 weeks ago. I have tried contacting them about the existing service order but it just rings and I can’t get in contact with a representative. We ended up changing the locks ourselves and we are out $60 for this scam.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Brandie of Twin Falls, Thank you for sharing important feedback. Our top priority is to service you as quickly as possible and we apologize for the frustration. Please be assured we have processed a refund for the service fee, and we appreciate your understanding and patience during this process. Thank you again for your consideration we look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
    Plumbing system$800–$1,000
    Refrigerant$20 per pound
    Subterranean termite treatment$700
    Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
    2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
    3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
    4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
    5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information