2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

3.7/5 (147 ratings)

About Landmark Home Warranty

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

Pros

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

Cons

• Coverage not available in all states

Bottom Line

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to e...

Verified

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recom...

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges from $35 per month to $61.25 per month, with service call fees of either $70 or $100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
Home Systems Plan$70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
Total Protection Plan$70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
Plumbing system$800–$1,000
Refrigerant$20 per pound
Subterranean termite treatment$700
Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
  2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
  3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
  4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
  5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: May 20, 2021

When I submit a ticket, I hear from Landmark or the company that's assigned the ticket usually the same day or the next day if it's late. It's always been speedy. Even when I submitted a question on a ticket on the website, somebody called me within 2 hours. However, the website had a thing where you add your payment card on here. I tried to do that and couldn't do it. I had to have customer service add the card to the account for me. I don't know why that part doesn't work and it still doesn't work. I had several calls for service and for some reason, they didn't automatically bill the card. Somebody had called me. One of the contractors came out and said they were supposed to collect money. Landmark needs to bill a card that's already on file for that but they had to do that manually. It's weird.

The contractors has been fine. I had one come out and do a seasonal check on the air conditioner. If they're coming out to do a preseason maintenance, I would have expected them to add freon to the system if the system needed it but they did not. I had to have a separate service call and pay a separate amount for them to come back out to perform that part of the maintenance. That part seemed strange and ridiculous to me. Why do we need an extra service call for that? If the system needed freon, why couldn't I just pay a little bit extra for them to do the freon while they were here instead of having another appointment? I have two air conditioning units so it's my service fee plus the extra $30 for the second unit. I have to pay an extra $100 for them to come out and do that again. But so far, I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of Landmark 'cause I've had several things that needed to be fixed. They're not making money on me this year for the home warranty.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Matthew of Fort Worth, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Stellar customer service is at the forefront of our priorities, and your testimony and the value you have found in the services we offer is exactly what we strive to achieve. Thank you again for choosing Landmark! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I went through all of the literature that I could find out about three different warranty companies, and Landmark seemed like a good deal. It wasn't the cheapest, but as it turns out, it was a good thing it wasn't. I got into the house, and after two days, I could smell what seemed like oil burning, and it ended up that my furnace had given up its last breath. So, I had to call Landmark right away. It was still cold at that point. They immediately acted on it as quickly as they could. They got someone out here to take a look at it and to see what was needed. It was very clear that it needed replacement.

Then there was a problem with the icemaker in my refrigerator. Also, there was a problem with the dishwasher and the garage door opener, too. They backed it up every time. They got people out to me right away, and I had the opportunity to talk with them and find out what was going on. I had the phone number to call them to file a claim. Within days, they had professional guys and gals who came out. They would ask me basic questions. I had to wait for things to come in. You can't expect things to be in their storage.

I had ordered two freestanding space heaters. I got that about a week before the guy called me to tell me that he had the furnace. Landmark sent one of their long-term employees. He showed up. He was here most of the day, but he did a magnificent job. He marked on the metal what the number was for the filter and he was a delightful gentleman. A lot of the people who came in were young men who were working for a living, and they were very professional and very pleasant.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Carol of Boise, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such amazing feedback regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to make the process hassle free, and it makes us extremely happy to know how well this has worked for you, as well as your positive experiences with our courteous and helpful service contractors. On behalf of the entire Landmark team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Every time I submitted a claim has been really good. But this last time, I had a little bit of a problem. My furnace had issues and I called the claim on a Friday. The rep told me that my payment was gonna come out the next day. She told me I was delinquent on my payment until it came out. I told her Landmark takes the payment out automatically so how could I be delinquent? She said, “Until that payment comes out, you’re delinquent.” I said, "No, I'm not. I paid my payment from last time, right?” And she said, “Yes.” But she was telling me that they would have to wait for my payment to come out, and then it might take four or five days after that before they would be able to do anything on a claim. I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor and she got me to somebody else. Then she called back and said they were gonna go ahead and process it. Other than that, Landmark has been amazing. It’s one of the best companies I’ve worked with.

Redrock came out for the furnace and they were fantastic. I asked the guy if they like doing work with Landmark and he said that Landmark was amazing. He said Landmark was one of the easiest people and that they love doing work for them. I’ve had a couple of problems in the past where Landmark came in, and I have been totally satisfied. As a matter of fact, I don't know how many people I've told them that they were crazy not to have a home warranty, and if they do, go through Landmark.

I wasn’t gonna keep the warranty after the first year because I was divorced and barely making it. I was struggling with the $50 a month. I had a claim the first year and it wasn’t a big claim. But the second year I had it, they replaced my hot water heater, which was huge. So I decided that I would never let the warranty go. The security of knowing you've got that with you is worth a fortune. I love it. It’s well with the money to me. I am very appreciative of the way they’ve worked with me. They’re a very great company. I highly recommend.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Jeffrey of Cedar City, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. Please know we truly apologize for the frustration regarding your payment, and are thankful the situation was worked out to avoid delaying your service. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark home Warranty

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I liked what I researched about Landmark, what I read, what I found out about the cost effectiveness and what it all entailed. But in the beginning, when I first got the membership, it was very slow. It was very frustrating. There was a barrier with the communication skills of the person that I had dealt with the first couple of times. I couldn't understand a lot of the things that we were saying. The second thing was that they said, "We’ll put in the information and send you an email. Somebody should be in touch with you.” But nobody ever got in touch with me. I had to reach out and call back so that was a bit frustrating. The biggest frustration was getting through to somebody that could help to resolve the reason why I called, to have somebody come out, take a look at the issue, assess what could be done about it and how it could be fixed. I kept calling and calling and I was never able to get through or I was left on hold for a long time.

My most recent experience with Landmark happened within the last 30 days and the call went through very quickly. I could understand everything with the person I spoke to and they scheduled somebody. That particular person came out within a week, took care of the electrical issue and explained everything. We were very happy with it. They were very professional, knowledgeable and able to resolve it right there and then.

While it took a long time to get through to Landmark to let them know I've got an issue with my washing machine, they did send out somebody. That somebody came and assessed and said, “I can't fix it here. Can we take it into the shop?” I asked them would it still be part of the whole claim. He said yes. The company that took it in did an assessment on it and said, “We'll have to order a part for it. We'll let you know when that comes in.” The part finally came in and they did the install however it was not working to fix the problem. They found another problem and said they'd get something to fix that. They contacted me later on saying it was not gonna fix it. They came to the conclusion that the appliance is not repairable.

They went above and beyond to contact Landmark and explain to them them why the machine is not repairable. Two weeks later, Landmark got in touch with me to say the final diagnosis. They said they would send me a check so that I could buy and replace it which they did. That was all really positive. The experience with everything is excellent. However, I wasn't too thrilled about the increase in the price after I’ve had it for a 12-month period of time. Even though it's been good and I'm happy, it's making me think that if it's another increase like that, I will not continue with Landmark.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Landmark Home Warranty looked reasonable for what I was trying to accomplish. The items that were available to cover looked reasonable and the price was competitive. They also cover up to three heating air conditioning systems. I’ve had a couple claims so far and I just made one this morning to deal with the dishwasher. It was very quick. I tried to do it online but it told me it couldn't set up the service order. I called in and lady had it done. I heard from the contractor within maybe two hours and we got an appointment set up.

I use the feature where you can, in the fall and in the spring, have your air conditioning and heating tune-up. I've not had any troubles with those. This year, I had them up and it was a new firm that they were using. These guys started claiming improper installation and all sorts of stuff. The bill was going up and up that I would be responsible for. I couldn't get a firm price out of them. The furnace that’s hooked up with the air conditioner was in the attic. They said, "You gotta pay for us to put planks around it so we can get in there.” There were planks in there already. This firm they used was all about the money. I complained about it. It's interesting this time around when I had the firm come out for the fall. They changed and had come back to the old firm that I have previously who I had quite liked. They seemed above board.

I had a second case which was our hot water tank that went on me. I called Landmark up and I would give them credit for what they did and how they paid for it. But again, I was very disappointed in the contractor they chose to send out. Ultimately, I found somebody myself. They paid me the payout price on it. It cost me maybe 50 bucks more than the amount that this other firm was looking for as a copayment. The guy that came out was really good and did it with no problem. He pointed out one issue to me. He fixed it and never charged me for it. He replaced the tank and I was totally happy.

However, I was not happy with the price they gave me on the buyout. I know how they do it. They buy the hot water tanks wholesale then pay a certain amount, which is not big, to the contractor who's putting it in. This particular contractor I had said it could be up to $500, $600 more. It would depend upon whether they've gotta redo the piping and reboot it. I explained it to the lady at Landmark and she said, "If you’re game, we'll pay you out and you deal with the other person.” Interestingly enough, the other plumber never saw it. I had emailed him and he asked if I could text him some pictures. I took half a dozen pictures and sent them to him. He got right back to me and said the total price was 925 bucks. He came out and that's what he did it for. He had no complaints about the piping.

On the air conditioner, they had said it wasn't covered. I went back and debated it wasn’t pointed out in the contract where I thought it was covered. At the end of the day, they did cover. I question the selection of contractors but for a couple of the things I've had, I think I would run into with any warranty company. I understand the game with these contractors. They'll bid cheap to get the work but when they're dealing with the warranty customer, they try to play the game to get extra money.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Don't waste your money on a home warranty and certainly not from Landmark. They sent an AC contractor out to my house that did atrocious work that cost me an additional $1000 out of my pocket to get "made right" by another AC company. Landmark's response was "you can pay another $100 service fee to have another contractor sent out to inspect the work." Yeah, no thanks. I asked for an escalation to the investigation division and all they did was call the AC contractor they sent out (that did negligent work) and talk to them and close the investigation. They never once called me and talked to me or asked to see a dozen pictures I took of the faulty work. This company is a fraud, they take your money, and to cancel with them they give you a parting shot of charging you $75 to cancel as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Landmark Home Warranty has a good online portal. I go on and you click whatever my issue is and tell them a bit about it, and someone will contact me within the next 24 hours with a schedule. We've had a few items that have been fixed and it has been easy. Our latest issue is our air conditioner. The guy came out, looked at it and said it was not working properly but it's not damaged or dead enough for them to do anything about it. So, I should call back in a couple of weeks when it actually dies. So frustrating to know that the thing was not working properly. But as far as making a call and having somebody to come out is easy.

Landmark should have better feedback in instances where there is not any action taken. If somebody calls a service person out to look at something and nothing happens, it's a bit frustrating. Because from the consumer perspective, we were under the impression that the technician gave information back to the Landmark and they would contact us with options. But nothing happened. Another two weeks went by and I finally called and said, "What's up? Are we expecting something or not expecting something or what's happening?" And in that time, the AC died. It was hot in the house and I thought I was waiting for them. Turned out they just weren't doing anything. If it's a service call that results in no action taken, follow up to just make sure the client was fully served. But it has been very easy other than that one latest hiccup. We've had one furnace and one full HVAC system replaced and it has paid for itself in the two years that we've had the warranty plan.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Tracy of El Lago, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call to service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs. Please know we have confirmed repairs were successfully completed and cooling was restored to the home. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

My microwave stopped working. The tech diagnosed the problem and Landmark resolved it. The process was easy.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Randy of Meridian, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your positive customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Our top priority is your complete satisfaction and to make the process easy and hassle free, and we are happy to know how well the warranty process has worked for you. Thank you again for choosing Landmark! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The few times that we've needed the service, they've been really good to deal with. There was one time when they sent some different repair company and they weren't responsive at all. But once I called Landmark, they get someone else right away. The claim process is good but a little challenging with COVID. The wait times are longer. But I've been really pleased with everything. The reason I have Landmark is to make sure we don't have any problems and so far, they've been very good about that.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Corie of Parowan, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to provide best in class service, from the first call to the completed repair, and we appreciate the constructive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. On behalf the entire Landmark team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Landmark makes the claim process seamless. We had a problem with our microwave door, and they were very responsive to us on that. The tech did a great job. He knew quickly what the problem was. He had to order a part and it took 10 days before he got back to us. But he was very efficient. Especially with a property that we didn't know, it was good to have things covered. I'm very satisfied.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Irene of Mesquite, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to make the process hassle free, and it makes us extremely happy to know how well this has worked for you, as well as your positive experiences with our courteous and helpful service contractor. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information