Call toll free
2.96/5
Based on 263 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price. Current Special: order a $450 warranty and get washer & dryer coverage for free!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1411 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

Terrible - horrible, worse home warranty I have ever had. I called Friday morning - as my air had gone out in my home in AZ. The temperature inside my home reached 91 degrees with children and pets. Landmark had ONLY 3 services that they could reached out to and NONE OF THEM answered or returned their calls. ONE of them couldn't get to my house for 3 DAYS - how is this making my day remarkable? Then, the rep would not let me get it fixed by another contractor and be reimbursed. Terrible - horrible. 3 days in AZ in July with NO AIR? Again, how is this making my day REMARKABLE. I have NEVER experienced such incompetence in dealing with homeownership, EVER.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 20, 2018

Beware of this company is the worst service. They do not provide good service with the customer service department. The Vendors they use are not qualified to perform services. They simply do not care about the customer well being either the services to the customer. Check the real ratings with google 3.9. Also, check out the best home warranty company's on google. They will provide you with Companies who care. Just run from purchasing from LandMark.

I could not even get a response from the Vice President of the company, not even a good supervisor to help handle the experience I have had and many other clients if you read the reviews. It is really sad they treat clients the way they do. I hate to write negative reviews but I have no other choice with this company. Believe me you're better off without this company's warranty's and customer care and upper management. It is simply their LandMark of not providing fair honest service to customers. I wish I could write a good post when it's due to the companies I deal with. But in this case, go elsewhere for home protection.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Contacted LMHW on or around 6/29 because my AC systems were not working. Unit 1 was not cooling, unit 2 had a clogged drain. Bella Heat and Air came out. Told my wife that he cleared the drain in unit 2 and replaced the capacitor in unit 1. She asked if they had enough refrigerant and he said both units were charged correctly. Both systems operated as expected for 24 hrs. Both units stopped cooling. Called LMHW back and they said they would recall Bella and that I should receive a call from Bella about the time and appointment. Heard nothing for I believe for 3 days, after several calls the LMHW (each time I called I was told they could not reach the contractor, but left a message). Finally I was told by LMHW Bella could be there in 6 days.

They came and found that the initial contractor had not unclogged the drain on unit 2, just pushed it further down the line. He then said that unit 1 needed all 12 lbs of refrigerant evacuated and recharged. When my wife called and told me this, I asked why. She did not receive an answer. It has taken me a week plus calling LMHW to try and get an answer. I have asked why this wasn't identified by the first tech, no response. I called LMHW on Monday to try and rectify this, was told it had to be sent to contractor relations and they were busy and it could take a couple of days. I finally called back 3 days later and finally I am told there are non condensables in the refrigerant. I ask how does a system that is operating as expected one day, a capacitor is changed and 24 hrs later it quits cooling and how did non condensables cause this in a matter of hours. LMHW said didn't know.

I asked if I could be assured that this change in refrigerant would fix the problem, was told LMHW couldn't say because they weren't contractors. I ask if they could hold their contractor responsible and was told no. I ask if I paid the $480 of out of pocket and it did not fix the issue, could I get a refund, was told no. So I am left with an AC unit not cooling at all and am told I have to pay $480 with no guarantee it will fix the issue. The climax of this is I agreed to pay the out of pocket, but Bella wanted me to sign a doc saying if they came out I agreed to pay. I received that document today and lo and behold the price is now $780 out of pocket. The reason I am told is that the cost of refrigerant has gone up over 60% in a week. I believe this is plain and simple punitive because of my questioning the professionalism of the LMHW contractor.

All I wanted was to get my AC fixed and here we go. I had a similar problem in 2016 problem with a LMHW contractor and it took me months to get it resolved. LMHW actually sent out another contractor, this time I am told LMHW cannot do that. I have to stay with the one originally sent. I thought I was the customer, but apparently the LMHW contractors are the real customers.

Original review: July 20, 2018

First let me say that Ashley our second claims manager was amazing. Very helpful and kind. Having said that, this is our first (and hopefully only) time we opened a claim and it was atrocious. Our AC broke Friday night and submitted a claim knowing nothing would happen that weekend, but got a service scheduled for Monday morning. 30 minutes before our service, the contractor declined because it was a rooftop repair and they don't do those. When I signed up with Landmark I told them it was a bottom floor condo with 3 levels and when I filed the claim I again repeated that.

So I called a claims manager who assigned me to a different AC contractor. I asked her to make sure that they did rooftop repairs and called me back and she didn't. I had to call the contractor assigned and found out they also didn't do rooftop repairs. Called back again, and ASHLEY helped set up an appointment with the right people but it was for that Friday. A WEEK after the initial claim. Oh and I had to agree to pay for a "ladder fee" because that wasn't included in our plan. We got it figured out ok but the experience was awful and will not be renewing our warranty. Buyer beware.

Dear Christian,

I am sorry to hear of your first experience with Landmark did not go well. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

Unfortunately, the contractor did not have a tall enough ladder to access your A/C unit. This would be considered an access issue and is not covered under the warranty. However, I would like to go over your concerns in more detail. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I wish SO bad I could give Landmark Home Warranty ZERO stars!!! We made a HUGE mistake by not looking online at the company reviews when we went with Landmark. They have been an absolute nightmare and a complete ** show to work with. Our AC unit went out and they got a contract company to come out and diagnose the issue on a Friday morning. The guy told us what part needed to be fixed and that they would return on Monday to fix it with the part needed. We didn't hear anything about what time they were coming so we called to follow up on Monday morning... there was no record of our AC unit needing a part.

Here we are 7 days later and we are still living in a 92 degree house. We called today because we received an email following up to make sure we had an appointment setup to fix the AC and we did not because no one called us. Turns out the warranty company didn't order the parts until YESTERDAY... Are you kidding? They also ordered parts for a different AC unit brand that is compatible with ours because it was cheaper. PLEASE save yourselves and DO NOT go with Landmark. Save everyone you know too and don't let them go through what we have gone through.

Dear Mollie,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with your A/C unit. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

The warranty covers to replace parts that are comparable in capacity, efficiency, and features, but not in brand, color, or dimensions. A new compressor was ordered on 07/18/18. As soon as the contractor can pick up the part, they will give you a call to schedule an appointment for repairs.

In the meantime, you are welcome to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com for any further questions or concerns.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have been trying to change the password so that I have access to my account. No link has been sent so I can accomplish it. I'm trying to pay my upcoming bill and unable to do so. I would just like your online website to work so that I can take care of business!!

Dear Kathrine,

I am sorry to hear you have not received an e-mail to reset your password. It may have been sent to your junk mail box, however, I will be sending you a message directly with a temporary password.

I will also assist you with your monthly payment.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: July 18, 2018

I called Landmark Home Warranty for a client to find out a total for what she would have to pay and why on a covered AC repair. I was told the charge would be $225 for parts and labor for conversion kit for the new Freon. Evidently they did not communicate with their contractor and the charge was $693. Because he did not mentions "coils"? I find this a COMMUNICATION ERROR, and wonder why we ever bought their policy. I will not put Landmark on my list for buyers again. Sadly, this was a $468 dollar mistake buying this warranty, that took 4 weeks to get the parts.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 15, 2018

The service is great and the companies that come out are always VERY good. My only complaint, the price keeps rising along with the deductible. Also, when I renewed my policy, a few added coverages weren’t added. I had to call to find that out.

Dear Michael and Nicole,

The warranty has gone through a recent change in our coverage to provide more coverage for our homeowners. Therefore, the price has gone up. I would be happy to go into any coverage details with you and answer any of your questions. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 14, 2018

2 months after moving into my home I found that there was a tear in a flex duct in the Attic. It didn't show up on the home inspection, so I figured it was new. Landmark decided they don't want to pay to fix it. The home inspector probably would have found it if it was existing... But nope, they just don't want to pay.

Dear Robert,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with Landmark. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. It has been forwarded to the appropriate departments to implement the necessary steps to better our services.

According to the contractor’s diagnosis, your home’s ducting would need to be replaced throughout the whole home. With your warranty being fairly new, this was deemed a pre-existing issue. The warranty expects that all covered systems are in good working order at the time the warranty becomes effective.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have on coverage.

Original review: July 12, 2018

They sent a contractor to my house that caused a leak and damaged my floors. Then when I called for help, they were completely unhelpful and would not even help send someone to assess the damage or contact the contractor who damaged the floors to see what could be done to fix the problem.

Original review: July 12, 2018

There is a serious training issue with the customer service staff. It is a complete "take it or leave it" attitude. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he said he "might" could find one but they would tell me the same thing. I had another warranty company for close to 20 years and was never treated as I have been with Landmark. I am deeply disappointed.

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

I would like to hear the details of your concerns to appropriately address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Appliance Repair (refrig and cooktop): Repair technician was excellent! He quickly diagnosed the problem and explained the plan for completing the repairs. This included fabricating a part that worked perfectly for the refrigerator and ordering new parts for the cooktop. He completed his repairs in a professional manner and returned when the new parts arrived just as he had promised. It was an excellent experience all around!

Dear Randy and Darlene,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with timely 5-star service for your refrigerator and cooktop. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Claim #’s **. I have numerous emails pertaining to this request for poor service for my electric water heater along with a hard copy to your complaint department. My electric water heater was not producing hot water though water was running thru the household lines. You sent a plumber from ‘Air Pro Master’ at a cost of $75.00. They determined that a new fuse was required however as the technician was not an electrician he could not replace said fuse. You then sent an electrician to replace a $4.00 fuse, another cost to me of an additional $75.00. This is obscene. You sent the wrong people on the first go-round at my expanse, not good business practice. Please review this transaction with your complaint department!

Below is your last email pertaining to this matter. "You opened your claim for the water heater through your online account. The claim process online prompts specific questions in regards to the issues you are experiencing in your home. The answers you provided stated there was a problem with the water heater, which is a Plumbing item. Although the technician from Air Pro Master may have had tools to check the electricity on the water heater, they are not a licensed electrical company. They have tools to ensure that they check the water heater, and power to the water heater as part of the diagnosis process. Once he found the issue was an electrical issue, and not an issue with the water heater itself, he informed us that this would need an electrician to repair. If the plumbing technician performed electrical work, it would become a liability if repairs were not performed correctly."

Dear Otis,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with your water heater. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. It has been forwarded to the appropriate departments to implement the necessary steps to better our services.

According to the contractor’s diagnosis, the failure was an electrical issue with the disconnect box. Your water heater was not in failure. The warranty states that you will be responsible for another service call fee if the wrong trade is selected. You had opened your service request online and selected your preferred trade.

Original review: July 12, 2018

AC failed and contractors were over booked. Landmark staff sought cancellations, but no help, three day wait at over 107 f was mitigated by function second zone AC. Contractor arrived as scheduled and completed work in timely and expected manner. Give stars for Hurricane contractor and Landmark.

Dear Jon and Gertrude,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with timely 5-star service for your A/C unit. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Original review: July 12, 2018

When I started having billing problems I called 3 times on the customer service line to talk to the billing office. No human ever answered the phone so I left a message as instructed 3 times. Supposed to have gotten a call back within several business days but never did. So finally I complained in a review and someone called me and provided excellent help. Also, I was told several times that the website should have allowed me to fix the billing account issues but it does not have that capability.

Dear June,

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Original review: July 12, 2018

On Sunday, Jul 8, I was advised that I would receive the credit refund of $70 in a few days. It is now Thursday, and the refund still has not been credited to my card ending in **. It's bad enough that I had to go through all kinds of hoops just to get the work request cancelled.

Dear Rory,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear you have not received your refund. Once refunded, it will take 3-5 business days to go back onto your card. It will also depend on your bank. If you have not received it, I recommend reaching out to your bank. If they are unable to determine the issue, you can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com. I will look into why you have not received your refund.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I've been a subscriber for a few years now and the experiences get less and less favorable. In the beginning Landmark would go to just about any length for customer care and satisfaction. Now, not so much. The coverage's are beginning to wane and the contractors are sub-par. During my most recent claim, the contractor had to return three times and in the end I corrected the problem myself. This will most likely be my last year as a customer.

Dear Joshua,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your recent experience. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

I would like to discuss the details of your last claim to better address your concerns. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Landmark seems to have a serious problem with hiring and training competent, courteous, discerning agents, particularly for weekend coverage. I submitted a service request on Saturday morning, around 7:15 a.m., for my water heater that ruptured the night before. The contractor assigned doesn't have after-hours or weekend service, which was especially troublesome for me as the shut-off to the heater was broken and I had to completely shut off the water in my house. This was noticeably irritating to the first agent who was perturbed further by the fact that I wouldn't go grab a hose and try to empty the tank (which would not have solved the issue of the broken shut-off).

After speaking with another person or department, she informed me that they'd (heavy sigh) consider it an emergency situation and that they'd get back with me. I spoke with one or two more agents throughout the day, each time getting a different story than the last and, finally, after 5:00 p.m., I was given authorization to find my own plumber, which probably would have been possible even an hour earlier. I was able to schedule a contractor to come on Monday (originally at 1:30 p.m. but changed to 9:00 a.m.).

On Monday morning, Dean with Beehive Plumbing (who was awesome) quickly diagnosed the problem, and spoke with someone from Landmark who informed him that he'd have to go somewhere to pick up a unit commissioned by LHW. Dean was willing to do this and we both expected to hear back from LHW with further instructions.

After hearing nothing more, I called LHW later that afternoon to see if someone was going to respond that day so that my child and I wouldn't have to go another day without running water. A bit later, an agent in the parts department called and let me know that a DIFFERENT contractor would be coming to my home THE NEXT DAY. He also casually mentioned that I would be responsible to pay the costs to get the heater up to code ($275 additional), since it makes a ton of sense to install something you can't legally use. Landmark didn't alert Beehive Plumbing and didn't mention that they hadn't.

I got in touch with the new contractor, Vern from SV Plumbing (also really great), who was squeezing me in to his packed schedule and driving over an hour to my house, and he actually gave me some useable information and planned to come yesterday (Tuesday) between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. Finally, around 8:30 last night, I had running and hot water again! Yes, folks, that's four days without water because they didn't think it was important enough to pay a little more to get it fixed in a timely manner.

At NO POINT did I hear from anyone in a supervisory role, although a woman named Georgia evidently came in on Monday, discovered this really adorable cluster, and put the SOS out to Vern, which I do appreciate. I'd love nothing more than to cancel my contract with LHW, but I really don't want to pay their $75 cancellation fee (seriously?!?) although it's probably worth it in order to sever ties. If this were my first problem with LHW, it would be distressing enough, but I've also had problems with them in the past, even though I've only submitted a handful of service requests in over two-and-a-half years for a really old house. I'd caution anyone considering Landmark Home Warranty to steer clear.

Dear Laurel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your water heater. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

Landmark had sent out SV Plumbing to ensure your water heater was replaced in a timely manner. I am pleased to hear you now have hot water. Keep in mind, we do offer a 30-day guarantee. If your unit for whatever reason fails within this time, we will be able to send SV Plumbing back out to your home to check his work at no additional service call fee to you.

I would be happy to go over the cancellation process with you in more detail. To do so, please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com. I will be able to go over your personal warranty information from there.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have been a loyal customer of LHW for almost 3 years. In the past, they have been easy to work with but I have been trying to get service on my refrigerator for over three weeks now. Landmark assigned an appliance contractor who concluded the issue was plumbing. LHW requested 3 plumbers, none of which showed up. A 4th plumbing contractor has been requested. I have spent several hours on the phone trying to resolve the service issue. Twice, I was cut off and it didn't occur to anyone to call me back. I had to start the telephone process all over again. I would discourage anyone from signing on with this company.

Dear June,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with your refrigerator. It is not the intended service we expect to provide. I am glad to see we were able to assign you to another contractor. The contractor will be reaching out to you to confirm the appointment.

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners. It has been forwarded to the appropriate departments to implement the necessary steps to better our services. We appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: July 11, 2018

This policy charges a, "we come out and look at for of $60." then if something is wrong an excuse to charge another $60 for the service ticket. It doesn’t cover cleaning dryer vents or fixing oven door hinges. They also charge twice for hvac/heating when it should be 1 charge as the same company does both services. I could have had both heat and a/c serviced for 149.00. Then when I cancelled they deducted what was paid by landmark after the job was completed and paid for then gave me a small refund out of the $500 for the policy. Not customer friendly and I ended up buying a new range because the policy didn’t cover a bent oven door that the previous homeowner caused. So no I would not ever buy a homeowners warranty ever again.

Dear Terri,

There is a service call fee due for every service request that is opened. If the trade is the same (plumbing, appliance, HVAC, etc.), multiple items can be looked at on one service request for one service call fee. If a covered repair/replacement requires the repair/replacement of a non-covered item, there may be additional costs you will be responsible for. The warranty will go over these costs with you before any work is done.

As the homeowner, the responsibility is placed on you to maintain your covered units, therefore we do not cover failures that are due to lack of maintenance.

To cancel prior to your expiration date, depending on your state, deductions will need to be made. For Idaho, this includes the months the warranty was available to you, any costs incurred, and a cancellation fee.

Original review: July 11, 2018

My air conditioner has broken twice this summer and I had to wait three days for a repair company to call and schedule the work, then wait four days for the repair company to come out to do the repair. A week without air conditioning in 100 degree weather is hard to take. I think that you should have several companies.

Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear the length of time it took to repair your A/C unit. We do have many contractors in our network. Typically, one contractor is assigned for the whole duration of a service request from diagnosis to repair. We also have contractor relations representative out in the field everyday to expand our network.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Kind and clear reception when we called in. Plumber called after a while. That could be improved. (Calling quickly even if it is to say, “I’ll be there later. Call number...). Plumber team was polite, clean and made their repair. Two items of concern: 1 did not caulk toilet, 2 did not offer options of upgrade. Otherwise good job.

Dear David,

Unfortunately, caulking is a listed exclusion under the plumbing coverage. The warranty also states that we are responsible to repair/replace a system with a new system what is comparable in features, efficiency, and capacity, but not in dimension, color, or brand.

Please feel free to reach out to us for any questions or home warranty needs!

Original review: July 10, 2018

Great people to work with to get repairs needed in a timely manner. Been a customer for a few years and quite happy with them. Would recommend them to anyone. The contractors that they assign to you are great never had an issue with any of them. So once again I'm happy with Landmark.

Dear Jose,

Original review: July 10, 2018

I do not recommend this company at all. They are good and bait and switch. I signed up for homeowners warranty with these people and have had it for 2 years. Not once did they ask me during sign up what air conditioner I have. I asked them several times about air conditioner coverage in my condo and they said “Yes we cover it all”. Now when it’s time to get a repairman out to fix the issues, they pulled a bait and switch and said that air conditioners that have water running through them are not covered. Their entire sales staff is clueless and just want to close on sales and deceive customers. They need to be sued in a class action lawsuit.

Updated on 07/11/2018: Looks like they want to settle the easy way by paying me the remainder of the contract premium rather than fixing the real issue. Their contractor came and opened the unit and left it in that condition. Never came back or put it back together knowing that they had to get approval to do any further work. In addition to that, these people sold the original contract as part of my condo purchase so I did not even know that they never covered this unit. I renewed in 2018 and had asked their rep about the coverage and they said all condo units are covered. They never spell out that they don’t cover water chilled units via voice. What a deceiving practice. They sign you up, increase their sales numbers and then decline coverage and point you to some fine print. Bait and switch process works for them since no one questions.

Dear Satyen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience. We have been communicating via Facebook messenger. I mentioned the e-mail thread you had with the sales representative. You had asked the representative on 01/04/18, “Can you please provide me with details about air conditioning coverage? I am in a condo and my neighbors kept telling me that the home warranty companies do not cover condo air units. Is that true? Who can confirm that it’s something that’s covered”.

The representative responded on 01/05/18 with, “Your AC unit is covered, it doesn’t matter if it is in a Condo or Single Family Home. I have attached the contract so you can see what the coverage is for the AC.” She attached a copy of your coverage brochure for your review.

The warranty covers many HVAC units for single family homes including condos, however there are a few types of HVAC units that are excluded. Not every home has the same type of unit. Your home has a water source heat pump/chiller system. Both are listed as exclusions under the HVAC coverage. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Every call that I made this company always said they couldn't fix anything after they took our money. Don't even get me started on my cooktop. I had to call numerous times just so they can tell me the valve was the problem but they couldn't cover it because it was broken before we moved in even though the inspector notes said everything was fine. This isn't the only time they said they couldn't fix something. All this company is good for is taking our hard earned money. I wouldn't recommend this insurance to anybody. And the customer service wasn't any help at all. They all said the same thing over and over again like they were reading a teleprompter. Lastly I do not need anyone responding with "We are sorry...". That's all I've been hearing for 2 months already.

Dear Guadalupe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

I would like to review your home inspection for your cooktop. You can send that directly to me at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com. We can also go over your concerns in more detail from there.

I look forward to working with you.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: July 6, 2018

While this company has been outstanding to us for the last 5 years, their accounting has something to be desired. Twice now they have switched payment systems and then the information does not get transferred properly and then payments are missed. After three phone messages and numerous emails, I finally got a reply back from an accounting rep. After a few exchanges and asking for a resolution, I was offered to restart my contract and could not file a claim for 30 days. I have never heard of this and was taken back. This all started because I was having a AC issue, which I just paid for myself. Since two auto payments were missed they suspended the contract.

Over more emails, I was told an email was sent to me. Once again they are incorrect, I checked and no emails. I even checked my phone records and Landmark never called me. I updated my payment information, which was wrong by a month. I’m still waiting on the payment to be processed. Since this was Landmark's fault by failing to notify their customers of the issue properly, failed to contact me by telephone, and they let this go over a period of two months, they should eat one month. But instead they offered to restart my contract with a 30 day clause stating I can’t file a claim. What a way to treat a customer of almost 5 years. I put this out there to warn others about the bad experience. Like I said this was the only bad experience I have had. All in all they are good at taking care of service issues.

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your billing. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

I see that we were able to reinstate your warranty without a 30-day wait and you were able to open your service request for your A/C unit today.

I hope that we were able to help mend the relationship you had with Landmark. I would like to ask if you could update your review and rating. If you are still not satisfied, please let me know what I can do to provide the 5-star service you deserve. You can reach me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2018

Jerry (Air One AC) ripped us off and made us pay out of pocket for a service that wasn't necessary and then provided an inaccurate diagnosis. Landmark is not willing to provide a 2nd opinion and is more interested in making money than properly fixing the problem. I will most likely be cancelling my relationship with Landmark.

Dear Joanna,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. We are sorry to hear of the frustrations you have had with your AC unit. Under the guidelines of the warranty, there are some items that are needed during a repair or replacement that are not covered. In these situations, we do advise that you work with the contractor directly on the cost of those items. Although we cannot offer you a second opinion, we do have some other options on coverage. I would be happy to go over any coverage details that you may have questions on. You can reach me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Cheyenne

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 27, 2018

I received a home warranty from Landmark at the closing of our home purchase. Three months later, we filed a claim on a Friday and a contract technician arrived Monday afternoon. He opened the outside unit, took a picture of some dirt on the bottom of the panel and said the motor was out due to lack of maintenance. The seller had an inspection and maintenance as he moved out of the house in DEC. The company denied the claim. I called an A/C company from HomeAdvisor and the Technician quickly determined that it was a capacitor and that it had nothing to do with what the contractor stated.

The technician quickly fixed the problem and my in-laws who are in their late 70's finally had air conditioning after suffering five days in 100 degree temps because of Scam-mark denying a simple claim. The technician was disgusted by the misdiagnosis and that contractors sell out and do what they can to help a company deny a claim so they can continue receiving repeat business from the company. If you are considering purchasing a home warranty from these scam artists, run in the other direction and obtain a warranty from anyone else but them!

Dear Rubin,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with you HVAC unit. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better service our homeowners. and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

I am currently reviewing your claim and will be reaching out to you directly with the e-mail address I have on file for you. In the meantime, you can also reach me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

You will be hearing from me soon.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have used my home warranty twice since buying my home in February and the customer service has been outstanding. I was a little leery about using a home warranty service but so far Landmark has set my mind at ease! I also like that there is an online dashboard to initiate claims and check the status.

Dear Holly,

We are glad to see that we have been able to provide you with outstanding service. We look forward to the opportunity to help you in the future! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Landmark is a scam. You pay for a warranty service, and then they don't follow through. My main water supply valves were leaking so I asked that they be replaced (since you could see the obvious damage to the valves, oxidation, and they WERE LEAKING). They sent a plumber out to tighten them and they called it good. The plumber took photos, said they needed to be replaced, told me what I'd need to do before he comes back, but he "has to wait for Landmark to approve the replacement."

I waited for 1.5 weeks (they said 24-48hours) before I contacted them to see when the plumber was coming back. They stated "he tightened the valves so we closed the claim." They charged me $60 for something I already did. The valves are 17+ years old, still leaking every time I turn them, and Landmark won't fix them. FIND A DIFFERENT HOME WARRANTY.

Dear Derik,

I’m sorry to hear of your experience with your plumbing valves. The contractor had let us know that the leaking valve was repaired by tightening the screw.

We were unaware that your valve was still leaking until you had let us know. The warranty guarantees our contractor’s work for 30 days. If their repair did not hold within that time, we will be able to send them back out on a Recall ticket to check their work. This will not cost another service call fee for you, however, if a new issue is found, there may be another fee. It is not common that is the case, but if it is, Landmark will inform you before any work is approved.

At this time, we can set up the recall ticket to send the contractor back out to your home. If you wish to continue with this route, please call into the office to open the ticket. You can also reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Landmark Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Landmark Home Warranty, headquartered in Riverton, Utah, was established in 2004. The company currently serves customers in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah, and it plans to expand nationwide in the future. Landmark offers several plan choices as well as additional coverage so consumers can select the protection they need.

• Live customer support: Customers will work with their dedicated account manager throughout the claims process should any of their covered equipment malfunction.

• Quick response time: Customers are guaranteed to have an independent contractor contact them within four business hours and, if the call requires emergency service, a contractor will call within one hour.

• Low service fee: Customers pay a relatively low service fee of $60 to $70 per visit, depending on their location. Consumers can see the price for service calls in their state by visiting the company’s website.

• Clear costs: Interested customers can go to Landmark’s website to see fees for warranties for both home sellers and existing homeowners. By providing some personal information, they can get a customized quote.

• Homeowner Dashboard: Landmark customers can access everything related to their warranty online via the Homeowner Dashboard. From there, they can view their coverage, file a claim or renew their policy.

• Best for: recent homebuyers, existing homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information