Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
2.53/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Landmark Home Warranty

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

BOTTOM LINE

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

PROS

• System tune-ups
    • No-fault coverage included
    • Pest control

CONS

• Coverage not available in all states

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
      • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
      Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
      Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
      * Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
      • Water softener
      • Well pump
      • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

The A/C was not working. We called the Landmark Home Warranty. They sent a technician. The technician diagnosed that it should be replaced. Another technician was sent, he said he fixed it, but not, then they sent a third one and he confirmed that the condenser unit required a replacement. They changed and it is working. Although we were dealing with it for three weeks, the weather was ok. They followed up in every step and were very kind to help as much as possible.

Victoria,

Thank you for your feedback! Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a professional and timely manner. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Cheyenne

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 14, 2019

I've had to use my warranty twice. Each time the issue was resolved within 24 hours. I had my garbage disposal and refrigerator replaced the first time, and then my toilet fixed the second time. Definitely will keep my warranty.

Dear Jarrod,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home and hope to continue providing you with remarkable service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Customer Relations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We have, unfortunately, had to use our home warranty through Landmark Home Warranty several times. Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone!

Dear Kelley,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Great service and the repairman was way nice and new his stuff, fixed it fast and great work. I would recommended having him come again and fix my Dryer or that washer if it ever needed to be fixed. I’m really impressed.

Dear Jake,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

A few weeks ago our garage door spring snapped in half and we were unable to access and park in our garage. We live in chilly Idaho winters so wanted a fix asap. We submitted our claim online and were good as new in less than one business day. Thanks Landmark!

Dear Aimee,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner for your garage door! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Tiffany

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

For 3 weeks they cant fix our heater. They've made a mistake during a/c replacement. And of course they are not going to admit their mistake. It's just a lot of phone conversations. And no real help! Now it's going to be 29F during the next night. And 3 kids in our house. I wish every Landmark employee will experience these conditions..

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We have used Landmark Home Warranty for a couple of years now. Our first go around with a roof leak went fine. Though the roofers had to come out multiple times to re-fix the problem. We then try to use the warranty to cover pest-control which is covered by our warranty. However the service fee was over the cost of the actual treatment. So the warranty may in fact cover pest control but the service fee you pay is more than the actual pest service?? How does that make sense? Finally our heater went out. Obviously if you are using a heater it is cold outside. So we called and have to wait three days for a technician to come.

Additionally they are requiring us to use a provider who has more one star reviews than any other star review. When I called to see if we could change and they said, "We go only by the reviews we received back from services." The lady said the only people that leave reviews are negative. I said the company I researched has almost 5 stars with over 1000 reviews. She said there is no way to change our service company. So along with not renewing for the upcoming year I’m gonna leave a negative review just to go full circle. Don’t use them. They do not care about you as a person. Only in it for the money. Customer service is ridiculously bad.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

For those of you who find yourself in the process of purchasing a house, make sure you DO NOT use Landmark for your Home Warranty. We’ve been working with them for nearly two weeks to get our air conditioner fixed, in the middle of 100-degree weather in July, and after two service calls (which we had to pay for) with three different diagnoses, they are now offering to pay less than 10% of the replacement cost, and in the end it will cost us $250 more to use their technician. We could have had it fixed over a week ago ourselves for less, and we’re still eating the costs they should be covering in full. These guys are crooks.

=======UPDATED =======

Tiffany from Landmark reached out to me because of this complaint, and they are now offering me less than half of the replacement cost, BUT ONLY if I pay half of THAT back to them by agreeing to pay for the warranty for another year. Talk about a scam! I don’t get a check until I give her my credit card number, and they can keep charging me forever. So they are still shafting me out of over $2000 if I agree to this. I will update here if and when this ever gets resolved. AVOID Landmark at all costs for a home warranty - they are crooks!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

1. There is so much that is not covered! (plumbing fixture wasn't covered because it was the wrong kind).

2. Service providers were unreliable.
      3. You pay $60 for a diagnostic visit, doesn't include any actual work. Then the problem might not be covered.

4. We conclude that this business serves the purpose of making nervous home buyers feel better. But I don't think many of them feel better once they start trying to use the warranty!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I have been blocked on Twitter and I made a report with the BBB because they have this company at an A- and I don’t understand why. Here’s my story... The contractors' initial visit was 8/29/19. At that time no repairs were made. The contractor assessed the issue and relayed the findings with Landmark. 2 weeks from the original date 9/13/19 the same contractor returned. At this time the control board was taken and we were advised to keep circuit off until oven repaired. However the built in microwave is also on same circuit breaker so in addition to the oven not working (2 weeks) now we can't use microwave. The contractor is unable to give any sort of timeframe to complete job. Keep in mind there's children living in this home as well that food needs to be prepared for.

So I speak to a claims rep Camron ** 9/13/19 to get clarification on situation as we are moving into the weekend. Camron advised me he needed to follow up with contractor to see what options we had. The initial time I spoke with Camron was about noon. He advised me I'd hear something back from him with options that day by about 3. I've yet to hear from Camron and it's 9/16/19. So I called in again, spoke to (rep name), same story different day. She advised to talk to contractor about getting circuit turned back on. We tried this over weekend after discovering circuit is also in line with deep freezer that ruined over $400 dollars in groceries by not being on.

So I asked her to have a supervisor call me. (Rep name) called and wasn't any more help than anyone else I've spoken to with Landmark. She advised she'll contact contractor to see about circuit options and how Landmark isn't responsible for anything. We just have to wait regardless of how long it takes to rebuild the control board that we knew needed rebuilding on 8/29, but was taken until 9/11. She advised the rebuild could take up to 3 weeks. But very careful with words as she doesn't want to place any liability with the claim on Landmark.

So what's clear to me is that Landmark's only interest in this business is to gain new customers and do very little to take care of customers' claims. The home warranty company is Landmark. That's who was chosen by the homeowner to take care of items covered in home. However all the company can tell us is it's on the contractor. A contractor that Landmark hired. The contractor tells us the opposite "You will have to talk with the home warranty company" so we feel like we are getting the run around and getting the short end of the stick in every aspect of this process. Nobody is without in this situation but the CUSTOMER!

We are out on cooking appliances, out on $400 plus in groceries, out on the customer mattering in this situation and taking off 2 days for nothing to be done. We are beyond frustrated and unhappy with this entire process. The Company boast about awards and accolades throughout the site, but talk is cheap. Our experience with this company has shown little to none. That’s just one claim... I have another story regarding my AC that they didn’t operate with integrity.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
      Plumbing system$800–$1,000
      Refrigerant$20 per pound
      Subterranean termite treatment$700
      Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
      2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
      3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
      4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
      5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information