Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

When I bought my house, Landmark Home Warranty was in with the purchase and I've only had them for seven months now. When I file a claim, I called and told them what's going on. Then they called their people to get in contact with me. They let me know that they’ve contacted them and gave me their information. They told me to give them a call if I don’t hear from the contractor within two business days, and I never had a problem. People called me, showed up and did the work they said they were going to do. When I had a water leak in one of my bathrooms, the technician who came seemed very professional and very clean. He wore little booties over his shoes so he didn’t get my carpet dirty. He knew what he was doing and got the job done. Everything has worked fine since the repair. He was a great guy and I'd recommend him.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a Landmark Home Warranty for two years now and have had to use them a lot. They are always trying to fight with you to get out of paying anything. It's a $70 service fee and if that won't fix the issue and you're forced to do a cash in lieu to get it fixed and buy a part, they're always trying to give you a cash option that is less than the $70 you've already paid so you wasted money. Anytime you ever need something fixed, you'll have to be arguing with them over the phone and through email for days and sometimes weeks over a couple hours a day and even have to threaten to sue in small claims for them to cover what the contract states.

They come up with stupid things like the covered patio isn't part of the main foundation (which of course it is, it's under the same roof structure as the rest of the home). Or they'll say it costs them only $34 for their contractor to replace a faucet so cash in lieu won't be higher than that which doesn't even cover the $70 service fee, and every plumber in the world charges $125 minimum for a faucet installation. They are crooks and always having to argue with you. Just find a good handyman and don't spend your money on these crooks.

My realtor suggested we pick Landmark for our home warranty. Submitting a claim to them was easy but nothing happened. They just came and checked something out, but it was fine. The technician was friendly and knowledgeable. So far, it was a helpful experience.

Landmark Home Warranty

I apologize for your frustrating claim experience. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

cparke@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

If I were to have reviewed this company in December 2016 I would have given a 5 star review. However, I now feel jilted by this company. We have a Trane Air Purification Unit as part of our AC system. When we started our contract with Landmark, we were told that this would be covered under HVAC modifications. Now that we need to have this cleaned we are being told that this is not part of the coverage. VERY disappointed. Check out ConsumerAffairs website, there are 1,158 complaints and reviews on this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a house that was a foreclosure. It sat empty for a number of months. I KNEW I would need a home warranty as issues would arise once we moved in. Sure enough - we had almost zero hot water in our kitchen. Why??? And it took 4-5 mins to get hot water to showers. Our dishwasher was not working. Water bill was crazy high too??? All of these were due to the Re-Circulation pump but we didn't know that. I called Landmark and told them I had almost zero hot water in the kitchen. They scheduled a plumber - and off they went! Within mins I had the name of a contractor that would contact me to set up a service time. And sure enough - the contractor called and he determined that the pump needed to be replaced. He worked with Landmark - and together they took off the stress from me. I didn't have to make phone calls or do anything. Landmark took care of all the scheduling. Thank-you!

Tony,

I am sorry you are frustrated. I see your parts have been ordered and the contractor has been notified. Landmark honestly does our best to provide quick and efficient service. I apologize that you are not satisfied with the service provided. your feedback is not taken lightly.

Online Reputation Manager

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I have health conditions and a disabled veteran. We are experiencing 3 digit hot temperatures, and just imagine how my house feels like. I can sit here and relive how the last 5 days were, but that is for you to imagine. The story is short, Landmark blames the A/C company, and the A/C company blames Landmark. They have clashing stories, and I am still without A/C. The A/C company told me, "If I were a paying customer, it would have been fixed day one." Landmark plays games...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty

Your claim is being actively worked on. I apologize for the delay in service. Landmark is doing all we can to assist in a timely manner. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

Online Reputation Manager

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

My husband and I are first time home buyers so we bought a home warranty that we thought would take care of us as advertised since we didn't want any surprises to ruin our savings account. We chose Landmark Home Warranty...horrible decision! We moved in 1/2017 and since then we have had to call Landmark on 7 different occasions for AC and with each time they would send out a company that would just put a band-aid on the issue. We have spent over $2,500 on fixing our AC unit and it still continues to break. I am pregnant and we have a one-year-old son... we live in Texas (so summers are incredibly hot!) I have had several annoyances with this company but the most recent one (today) was the final straw that broke the camels back!

We had someone come out and "fix" our unit two days ago and today it has broken again. When I contacted Landmark, like I always do, I was informed there was nothing they could do since it was a Saturday. Remember the part where I said I was pregnant and have a ONE-year-old. The company is a joke. They are actually OKAY with letting a pregnant woman and her baby sit in a 90 plus degree (it is at 92 degrees as I am typing this) weather house for TWO days, until the company they "have" to send out is available. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! They should've said, "We would be happy to find someone who is available now to assist you."

I work from home and unable to transfer my work to a different location so I am stuck at this hot house. I wonder if my son or my dog had a heat stroke from being in the hot house, that they are "suppose" to help fix, if that would make them change their rules?! I am so disgusted and unbelievably shocked at the lack of care for their customers. I will be sure to tell everyone I know and everyone I can reach out to just what I think of this company!

Jessica,

Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback. This has been brought to the attention of our Claim Management Department. They will address this situation right away. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. In your complaint you advise that you are unsure why you would be responsible for replacing the indoor coil as what is in failure is your compressor. Landmark is willing to cover for your condensing unit, which is in failure. However, to replace the coil would be considered an upgrade, and Landmark's contract prohibits this. Landmark must remain within the warranty terms so as to be equitable to all homeowners. Additionally, Landmark is held to strict state regulation and we must adhere to the terms to meet said regulations.

I see that you are obtaining a second opinion before making a decision between the two options that have been provided to you. Please let us know what you decide, either the cash in lieu, or you can agree to the out of pocket costs, upgrade your indoor coil and we will replace the condensing unit.

cparke@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

This is literally the worst experience I have ever had dealing with a company and contractors to get things fixed. We started having issues with our AC unit not cooling in April, we submitted a service ticket and paid our fee, the next day or so AC Rescue came out, we thought they diagnosed and fixed the problem. We had to pay an additional $350 for freon in addition to our service change but for a fixed AC we thought, who cares, it's fixed just I time for the heat! Well we were wrong, we had the unit have issues off and on, seemed to not cool well then finally we called again in June when it had reached 83 degrees upstairs no matter how much it ran.

With high electric bills and not being cool we submitted another service ticket. This time the same company came out AC rescue, gave us some new leaking issue to fix and add more freon for another $300 and soon after it wasn't cooling again. We do another service ticket and another fee and request a new company, only for our service ticket to be cancelled without being fixed for a reason no one can explain. When we call to find out why we still haven't heard from the contractor or been given a number to call we find out the ticket has been cancelled, so we open a new one.

A week later we finally get the other contractor to come out to look at the AC and over a week after that we find out from the home warranty company that the part that needs to be replaced isn't available anymore so the whole unit has to be replaced but they will only pay for the condenser and we pay the rest, which is them paying $700 and we pay almost $4000! This after over 2 weeks without the AC working in the middle of July when the outside temp is 100 degrees! And after we have paid about $1000 out of pocket already between service calls, freon and spending a night in a hotel because it is as unbearable. And this does not even mention the hours I spend on the phone trying to finger out what was going on and when it was going to be fixed.

This whole process has been a nightmare, they are refusing to replace the unit been though it can't be fixed and it has taken over 2 weeks to even get this far. I do not recommend this company or AC Rescue. Please save yourself time and effort and go elsewhere! It even states in the contract that if it is determined that the AC can't be repaired it will be replaced but that's not true. They will find a way to not replace it or make you pay to replace it. And they have the worst customer service ever! I have spend an hour on the phone daily for the last several days and it gets me nowhere! Run, run far away from this company and do not recommend them. I certainly will not recommend them, I will warn others about their shady business practices and terrible customer service!

Rebecca,

I have reviewed your claim to understand what has transpired. I see that you have had two service requests for your HVAC system. The first one indicated that there was no failure with your unit. Kortney send a second opinion to be sure, Eco Air and they came back and stated that again there is no failure with the unit.

Our contractors report to us usually via phone call, and in this circumstance, I do not have a report to provide you. You may ask them directly for that information.

In regards to a tech recommending replacement, that was never recommended to us. Our licensed and bonded independent contractors are our eyes and ears. They provide their professional opinion/diagnosis and from there we compare warranty coverage and approve or deny the claim based on the contract terms.

As Landmark only covers for mechanical failure due to normal wear and tear, this claim is closed as two contractors reported that there is no failure. I apologize that this has been frustrating for you. As a person, I wish I could help more. I am held to the contract terms in which they are written. We must remain equitable to all homeowners as mandated by state regulation.

Thank you for allowing me to review this.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Our A/C stopped working right a few days after we moved into our condo. Landmark sent out a tech from D&D mechanical that we had to pay for after hours or wait a few weeks. The tech who came out didn't do anything but look at the unit and said it looked okay. He didn't test anything or take anything apart. Landmark said from his report it looked like everything was working so they denied our claim. We opened another ticket and were told by Kortney ** that Landmark would dispatch someone else for a second opinion since our unit still wasn't working right. They referred us to Horizon who denied us as they couldn't come out for several weeks.

They then referred us to EcoAir. Upon coming out, the tech seemed pretty good. He pulled the unit apart, put it back together, ran a few tests and said he was recommending the unit be replaced because it wasn't cooling well. It has been over a month since the second opinion from EcoAir and Landmark still hasn't resolved our issue.

I have called, to no avail, and emailed two people about this. I got one reply from Jami ** who said the report from the tech noted a crack in the pan but that wasn't covered by warranty. I explained what the tech had told us and asked to see the report as we had been told by EcoAir that the unit should be replaced. I never heard back from Jami so I emailed Kortney. That was almost two weeks ago and I still haven't heard back. I just read the Google reviews of Landmark and found we are not the only ones to be dismissed and ignored so I emailed the two Online Reputation Managers who had responded to the negative comments. I am pleading with them for help. I will continue to leave negative reviews until this can be resolved because so far Landmark is a complete joke of a business.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

We submitted a request on 08/01 for AC not blowing cool air. Contractor came on 08/04, with $70 service fee + $100 leak testing fee paid out of our pocket. Now (08/09) got notification that the claim is denied. For a hot summer in Texas, the temperature in the house average about 90s, so the slow response time is not acceptable.

The reason to deny the claim is even more ridiculousness, the AC is broken because of a leak in the evaporator coil. So it has nothing to do with the heating system. We do not need to repair anything in the heating system, but they denied our claim because our heating system is excluded from the contract. Read other reviews from this site and BBB, looks like this company is very good at coming up with various reasons to deny your claim. I am definitely switching to another company for home warranty and will make sure all of my friends hear my story.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I would give this "company" a negative review rating if it would let me. We live in Texas where summers are hot, sticky and miserable and, to date, we are day 5 without air conditioning and no relief in sight. Landmark Home Warranty made promises that were never carried out and their contractor MPA Plumbing is a joke! How a company like Landmark is still in business is outside of my scope of understanding, but rest assured that I will do all in my power to let every friend, family member, or stranger on the street that Landmark Home Warranty and MPA Plumbing will NOT stand be there to assist you in your time of need. Save your time, energy and hard earned money on either of these companies!

Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

When I got my house, it was 15 years old and the AC was already old. It was expected to break anytime, which was why I got a home warranty. I looked in Consumer Reports to see which home warranty pays up. Most of them do but they have bad reviews. Landmark's reviews were not that bad and they pay for some claims that other people don't. I had my AC and water heater repaired and submitting the claims was extremely easy. I gave Landmark a call and they always send a technician over. With the AC, they called me after hours which I didn't even expect. They also covered the installation but I need to upgrade based on the storage so it would be up to the code. That seems to be a lot of money and they told me to negotiate with the contractor themselves which I did and I got my price lowered.

Also, the techs are generally good. With the AC, I asked the guy to come and he thought the problem was the power box. I gave $70 or $100 but there was nothing wrong with the circuit box. The AC guy came again, then the electric tech came and said there's no problem. He kept trying and then the AC exploded. But Landmark said they'd pay for it. That was one month before expiring.

Landmark's price is lower than the first year I paid. The first year $450 and they kept having a $100 discount. So in the last two years, I've been paying $325. The AC install was 5,000 or 6,000 with the cost of labor and that was very pricey. With the water heater, I paid $600 or so but they pay for the heater and installation so it's about the same price. So, I've been making money. I'm surprised they actually pay for stuff because of all the reviews. They are definitely worthy of the shell out and they really did a good job. They went for their end of the bargain, they pay attention to their customer and the price is reasonable. I will buy their warranty again for sure.

The contractor that was servicing our house from a previous home warranty told me about Landmark. I switched to them because they offered other things like tune-ups and pest control, as well as rekeying when I move. When I submit a claim, the contractors have taken anywhere from one to three days at most to come out to our home after I call Landmark and tell them what I need.

We had a claim recently with our salt cell on our pool and we mentioned to the contractor that we had a birthday party planned that Saturday evening. He said as soon as he got the part he would be out there and he did. He was able to do it the morning of the party. He did everything he could to get out there with the part and take care of it. He even had his family in the car because he wasn't working. But instead of allowing him to take that part that he already had, Landmark wanted him to buy a whole cell, which took longer because they had to ship it to him. Also, when we bought our new house, we kept Landmark and we were requested to submit our inspection three times when we were told it was on file. They told us they needed it, then they said they didn't. It's like there was no communication between the claims people and it was very frustrating.

Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I've had Landmark Home Warranty for about three months now. To submit a claim, I just call the Landmark number, give the information of what's going on and possibly submit a picture of the product that broke. Then they would have the appliance fixers call me. The technicians have been pretty good. If there was something they could fix on the spot, they fix it through. If they need to get a part, they would get the part, take a couple of days and come back and fix it. Overall, Landmark is a pretty good product to have.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The primary line of my HVAC was clogged and Matt with Preferred Air of Houston came out. He unclogged the line, soaked up the water and gave me good advice on how to avoid the issue in the future. He did a good job.

Landmark Home Warranty

Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback. This has been brought to the attention of our Claims Management Department. They will address this situation right away. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is very important to Landmark Home Warranty.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Landmark Home Warranty is a terrible company. It was paid for by our seller. We made a couple of claims and the service was not great.

cparke@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

This was a huge disappointment! The first & only time I will ever pay for warranty. Filed a claim this morning and the plumber that was initially assigned to us unfortunately doesn't service our area (he mentioned this happens quite often). So I had to place another phone call that lasted 45 minutes so that a supervisor could update the ticket to switch the plumbers. No sense of urgency at this point with Landmark because it's not their basement that has water in it. Even though I stressed this a few times to the customer service agents.

The 2nd plumber that I was referred to stated that my coverage only pays for blockage within the foundation (9 times out of 10 it is past the foundation) so most likely I will have to pay for this out of pocket. Would have been nice to know that ahead of time. Landmark never provided us detailed coverage info until today. So why take my money without fully explaining this and wasting my time. I called an in town plumber and they arrived within the hour and charged me less than your deductible. I have worked in customer service for 18 years and know a poorly run company when I come across it. Buyers beware!!!

Landmark Home Warranty

Thank you for giving Landmark this opportunity to address your concerns. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. We have received your complaint and will research what occurred during this situation right away. If you could please reach out to myself directly at cparke@landmarkhw.com I would like the opportunity to acquire more information and provide an appropriate resolution. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

cparke@landmarkhw.com

Original review: July 27, 2017

This company seems to find any excuse not to cover repairs. They minimize the high ticket cost items such as freon by only paying a small portion leaving the majority to the owner. They denied coverage for a repair to a grinder which is required for the public sewer system because it was not in the house. They only cover So many door lock changes. They do not cover garage door openers after the tech changes the opening numbers in the door opener. They did not cover replacement of an upstairs coil unit in the attic because one of the outside condenser coils appeared to have some hail damage.

The techs that they send out appear to be very inferior in experience and knowledge. The A/C tech comes out on a Saturday of which I had to pay the half time of time and half only to immediately put in two pounds of freon and a leak dye of which the warranty company only covers $20.00 per pound. He checked the coils in the attic and reported that all is well.

Called back on Sunday because the problem was not fixed. The tech comes out on Monday and goes immediately upstairs in the attic with a machine that did not detect leak dye and says, "Your unit is leaking and needs to be replaced" after I already spent $187,50 for needless freon. Then the A/C Company tried to tell the warranty company that it had been leaking longer than the service policy. If so, why did the first tech not see it? They need to be in the clairvoyance business! Besides leaving us in heat 90 degrees + for nearly two weeks. This is disgustingly not worth one penny spent for this service. If you purchase look at what they do not cover first!

Landmark Home Warranty

Hello! Thank you so much for choosing to be part of the Landmark family. We are happy to serve you and assist in the resolution of all of your home warranty needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience. Thank you, Candace Parke| Online Reputation Manager | Landmark Home Warranty cparke@landmarkhw.com

Original review: July 26, 2017

We've had fantastic service in every interaction with Landmark - I appreciate the proactive check-ins to see how things are going, and the hands-on approach to customer service. Customer service agents are warm and friendly, and service professionals are incredibly competent and timely during home visits. Thank you very much!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I purchased a house and the seller included a home warranty with Landmark in the purchase deal. Submitting a claim is just a phone call and it's been fine with their rep. The first claim I had was for the furnace and I was home when the tech came. That was a good experience but the furnace had to be replaced which wasn't covered. So I ended up paying on that one. Landmark should have been taken care of it due to maintenance. Also, the technician that came said that Landmark should have paid an amount in lieu of the part that didn't get replaced but I had no success in getting anything out of Landmark at all. I was a little disappointed in that.

The second claim was when I thought the water heater was leaking and it turned out not to be the water heater so I just had to pay the techs the deductible for checking it out. The leak was actually coming from the air conditioning system so I paid the second deductible to have them come out and fix that which they did. Overall, Landmark has done a satisfactory job and they always get me when they say they will.

Jeff,

Thank you for this feedback. After careful review of your claim it has been overturned, as of the last time we spoke.

Online Reputation Manager

Original review: July 25, 2017

You need to try to do the right thing by your customer not hide behind policy. The pool pump seized, the capacitor blew the cover off and you should cover it. PERIOD. I don't understand your policy at all. I've read it. This is normal wear/tear.

Mark,

I am showing this claim as closed. Are there additional issues that have not been addressed? Please reach out to me directly so that we may speak. In hopes of providing an amicable resolution to you.

Online Reputation Manager

Original review: July 24, 2017

A claim for no AC on Saturday 7-2 at 11:00 am was made. Landmark's definition of REMARKABLE service has their vendor telling me that the first time available is five days later Wednesday 7-26 with a window of 9-2. Is this remarkable service? Is this service. They were efficient charging my credit card immediately.

Homeowner,

I will reach out to you directly in hopes of reaching an amicable solution.

cparke@landmarkhw.com

Original review: July 23, 2017

Contacted Landmark (LHW) 5-29-17 to service problem where apparently condensate was leaking from the bottom of my horz central AC unit. LHW dispatched a contractor who assumed the external condensate line was plugged, writing: "...cleared primary drain line with nitrogen. Water is able to flow normally now". Did not solve the problem. Water appeared again and called contractor back. This time I was told the freon was low and this was causing excessive condensate. Paid to have freon added. 3rd time, contractor discussed possibilities of negative air flow to unit drawing water past internal collection pan. Finally, owner(?) concluded that the condensate line was improperly installed and backing water up into the unit. I connected a different line and water spillage continued. Told LHW external condensate line was not the problem; send another contractor. LHW offered that if new contractor found a different problem, my service fee would be refunded.

New contractor found the internal condensate collection pan to be cracked on 7-17-17, first visit, which LHW says they don't cover. BUT they also refused to refund the new service fee "because the internal collection pan and the [external] condensate line are connected". That was NOT the agreement - they agreed to refund the $70 if I was correct about the external condensate line not being the problem - I told them repeatedly the external line was not the problem and offered to install a camera in my unit to prove it. After 7 weeks (this review is on 7-22-17), my unit still leaks and has probably suffered irreparable internal water damage. I sent an email to the service rep assigned that this performance is totally unacceptable and that I expected ALL my service fees related to this problem to be refunded. I also demanded to speak to the supervisor about the unsat service. To date there has been no response.

Hello Joe,
I apologize for your frustrating claim experiences. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: July 22, 2017

In the year I've had my account with Landmark I have had 3 issues where I have sought to make a claim on my subscription. Only 1 issue was ever solved. The others were canceled or denied. I've had contractors come to my home 5 times with Landmark, and only once was anything fixed. Please look elsewhere for home warranty coverage.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hello Ryan,

Your feedback has been received and added to the system. I can see that you are not pleased with the way I respond to complaints. My job is to respond so that our homeowners know they are being heard. All complaints are then submitted to my team for review and when possible, a quick resolution.

Your complaint has been logged into the system, and your Claims Manager has been informed of your post.

Best,

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: July 21, 2017

First I don't need a response from your "Online Reputation Manager" because they are biased to downplay the experiences being shared by reviewers. We have been fighting for a replacement of our heat pump for MONTHS! We paid for a serviceman to diagnose our broken unit. He says it's on its way out and any repairs would not last long. Landmark sends another company due to the findings of the first who comes and "fixed" the unit, no parts replaced, just overcharged The system and bypasses a critical switch to rig it to work for The time being. The unit breaks down again and again. They send a company that claims the same as the first, it needs to be replaced and repairs won't last long.

I write to the manager and get a great response that indeed they talked with the company and the repairs won't last so we will start the process of getting a new unit. Hurray at last! But a week later they had again changed back to the repair story and it will still cost us $$$ for the Freon out of our pocket. My wife is having freaking panic attacks over this nightmare. We pay a fee for every time we get a second option. This Warranty is junk. Do not purchase it. They have denied other issues with appliances claiming they had pre-existing conditions. It's a scam and they just want your $$$.

With all the letters I have written I have concluded that there is no moral foundation at the core of this companies operations and they should be ashamed. Not sure who to blame except the owners for negligent in having clear business ethics to run a "service" company. They are anything but servants. I hope the repair works and all this was for nothing but that doesn't change the fact that promises were broken and doing the right thing doesn't matter. Again. Online Reputation Manager. You can try to protect the reputation with your responses, but it won't bring anything but further confusion to those seeking the truth.

Hello Susan,
I apologize for the frustrating claims experience. I want to assure you that your feedback is important to Landmark. Your concern is not taken lightly and will be reviewed. Your feedback is the best catalyst for change and we are always working to improve our services. We always stick to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow these procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation. Landmark seeks to always create a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I am sorry that your claim did not go as expected. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. I understand that this has been inconvenient for you. We honestly do our best to take care of our homeowners.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I have had Landmark for almost 2 years. Each and every time, I wait approximately 40 minutes on hold. They ALWAYS say the same thing... "This is our busy time..." no matter when you call. But this was the final straw. My A/C went out... I live in Arizona and it's 116 degrees in the summer. According to them, the vendor they send me should call within 3-4 hours to schedule. That never happened. I had to leave 4 messages for Vintage Air over 3 days and got no response. I called Landmark again (and yes, waited almost 40 minutes again). They tried to reach Vintage Air themselves and even they couldn't and said they would call me when they did reach them. 2 days went by with no response.

I called Vintage Air again and finally got a live person. She said that Landmark had cancelled the claim because Vintage couldn't respond. I was never told this nor was I given a different vendor to deal with by Landmark. I told her to put me back on the schedule and she said that it would take them until the following week to come out, they would come between 1 - 5 pm. On that day at 5 pm (with no sign of Vintage Air or a phone call) I called again. She told me they would be at my place at 6 pm.

The guy showed up at nearly 7 pm because she had never scheduled anyone to my house until I called them at 5 pm. (keep in mind that Landmark gave me a vendor that is nearly 2 hours away from where I live) The tech did not have what he needed to repair my A/C and I went back on the list to be scheduled (note: the warranty was only going to cover $40 of an $800 repair and I had already paid $60 for the service call). I WAS DONE... I hired my own A/C person who answered the phone, came out within 24 hours and was $350 cheaper! When I called Landmark to complain and get my money back because I pay full price for full service and got nothing! They told me too bad, it's busy time and that's that.

Hello Carla & Marco,

I appreciate you reaching out to me directly to address your concern. I can see that your are frustrated with the length of this claim.

At this time, after tracking the package, it has been delivered as of early this morning. Have you reached out to the contractor and do you have an appointment scheduled? I do want to get this resolved for you quickly.

Original review: July 20, 2017

My husband Marco ** and I have been without Air conditioning #** Landmark Home Warranty since June 25! My husband and I are Landmark Home Warranty customers and have been ever since we moved out here to Phoenix, Arizona. Here where summer temperatures can reach very high, and in particular June and July this year have been record highs. The highest in over 112 years. We bought our first house and it was an older home that was refurbished. Having a home warranty and in particular Landmark Home Warranty was something that we thought was a must. Having experienced the failed customer care of Landmark Home Warranty the idea of home warranty has to be rethought.

I wonder what the higher ups there Landmark Home Warranty Alma Jeppson CEO, Chris Smith Senior VP and Lawrence Flitton VP Operations would do if their ac broke down and twenty five days later it was still broke down? We were gonna have family down from the east coast for two weeks and that had to be canceled. At this time we wonder how much more we stand to lose? Peace of mind is certainly at the top of the list!

Hello Richard,

I am sorry to hear of your recent frustrations with not being able to open a service request. Back in February, the monthly payment failed to process. One month later the payment failed again. I am sorry to hear about your card issue.

Because Landmark did not hear from you with updated card information, your contract was put on hold and then cancelled. It has been 5 months since Landmark received a payment from you. I understand that you did not notice that your payment was not being deducted each month for the last 5 months. Unfortunately it is our policy to not reinstate coverage once your policy is cancelled.

Per your Total Protection Warranty Plan: Section G. - Cancellation:

#1 - LHW may not cancel this Contract during the initial term for which it was issued, except for any of the following reasons:
a. Contract Holder does not pay a fee or charge due under the terms of this Contract.
b. Contract Holder engages in fraud or misrepresentation of facts material to the issuance of the Contract.
c. Upon mutual agreement between you and LHW.

d. If you harass, harm, or threaten the safety or well being of any employee of LHW, our independent contractors, or any property of LHW or of our independent contractors.

Again, I am sorry that we were not able to assist you.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I went online to make a service claim on this home warranty. My A/C had gone caput on a home I own and lease in Buckeye, AZ. They accepted my claim, gave me a claim number, had a claims agent call. And then, when she'd gathered all of the information about my claim and policy, she put me on hold while she submitted her new data. She came back and told me that my policy had been canceled. I'm a pretty conscientious record keeper. My account was on "auto-pay" and the credit card I used was canceled by my credit union because the account information had been compromised.

I can't swear to this, but to my knowledge I did not receive any request for a new card number or any notification that the policy would be canceled if I didn't pay my premiums. I notice that Landmark Home Warranty has quite a few complaints by customers. I just want customers to know that my experience was unsatisfactory. If my policy had been canceled, why was I able to file a claim online? Why did I get a call back from an agent? It cost me about $400 more to fix the AC than it would have to have paid the back payments due. Landmark promised to have an agent call me the next day to see if my policy could be restored. That call never happened, either.

Hello Richard,

I am sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. I understand that you are disappointed in the result of your issue. I wanted to provide information from your contract to clarify why things were handled the way they were.

Per your contract:

Section F. - Renewal

1) All notices regarding your Contract will be sent to your last email and/or mailing address of record.
2) At our discretion only, your Contract may automatically renew at the end of each Contract term for another one-year term. You agree that we may automatically renew your Contract and charge your account on the one-year anniversary of your Contract effective date, unless you cancel your Contract before the expiration date.
3) If LHW elects to renew your Contract, LHW will notify you of prevailing rates and terms approximately 45 days prior to the expiration of coverage.

4) The renewal payment is due on the renewal contract effective date and will automatically be charged to the same credit card that you used for the original Contract or the most recent renewal. Please notify LHW before the renewal contract effective date of any changes to your email, account, or billing information.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I purchased a home warranty for my single daughter through Landmark Home Warranty. I got online and selected her appliances I wanted to cover and the 12 month period I also wanted to cover. Landmark asks for my daughter's email, as they will be dealing with her. They accept my credit card; everything seems on the up and up. Landmark claims they sent my daughter the end of the year renewal notice. The notice should say something to the effect of: If you want to continue your home warranty for a year you should contact us immediately to avoid interruption.

That's not what they do. Like most shyster companies that try to bilk you for more greenbacks, Landmark continues to charge my card and may send a notice to my daughter of the policy will go on for infinity... C'mon, Landmark! That is the oldest trick in the book. Most consumers are not going to catch the error until four or five months later, and guess what, consumers? No refunds. Well, what Landmark doesn't know is that I have two policies with them, and I am canceling both. So who got the last word? Not them...

Hello Jill,
Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback and allowing me to address your concerns. I want you to know that his has been brought to the attention of our Contractor Relations and Operations Departments. They will address this situation with the associates and contractors involved right away. We apologize for the delays and disappointments in service and want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that a situation like this does not occur again. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner for our homeowners. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Forced to use contractors that Landmark works with. The contractors aren't reliable. Waited for them to show up on 7/12 for 4 hours. They never showed. On 7/16 got an email stating that the call had been cancelled. Reschedule for 7/21. Then someone at Landmark cancelled the appointment. Called contractor they can't guarantee they will come. Maybe they will but they are SO busy that they might not show up. SO MAYBE they will actually fix the AC unit this time, but maybe they won't. Hard to tell.

Hello Jason,
Thank you for giving Landmark this opportunity to address your concerns. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. . I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner for our homeowners. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: July 18, 2017

My first attempt to use them was because after we bought our home when we would shower the power breaker would trip. They said it wasn't covered but the website said it did so then they did cover it but wouldn't fix it. They would only move the fan to a new location but wouldn't fix the hole if they moved it. They disconnected the fan but the breaker still trips. I opened up the fan and found a wire touching metal and fixed it myself and it took 3 week to get someone out to look at it. They say they were out boating on vacay.

My 2nd attempt was my water heater is going out but their solution was to turn the heater all the way up. Now my kids burn their hands and we only get a few minutes of hot water. My 3rd attempt was my dishwasher turns off randomly after starting. They came and fixed it but broke the handle so now it won't close. They say it's between me and the contractor. And the contractor say Landmark needs to open claim. So it back and forth who to blame. Every time they come out it cost $60. I have paid like $240 plus the initial price and still don't have one thing fixed. Their phone seems to say are down when you call.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Profile