2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

3.5/5 (160 ratings)

About Landmark Home Warranty

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

Pros

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

Cons

• Coverage not available in all states

Bottom Line

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Verified

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to e...

Verified

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recom...

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
Plumbing system$800–$1,000
Refrigerant$20 per pound
Subterranean termite treatment$700
Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
  2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
  3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
  4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
  5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I liked what I researched about Landmark, what I read, what I found out about the cost effectiveness and what it all entailed. But in the beginning, when I first got the membership, it was very slow. It was very frustrating. There was a barrier with the communication skills of the person that I had dealt with the first couple of times. I couldn't understand a lot of the things that we were saying. The second thing was that they said, "We’ll put in the information and send you an email. Somebody should be in touch with you.” But nobody ever got in touch with me. I had to reach out and call back so that was a bit frustrating. The biggest frustration was getting through to somebody that could help to resolve the reason why I called, to have somebody come out, take a look at the issue, assess what could be done about it and how it could be fixed. I kept calling and calling and I was never able to get through or I was left on hold for a long time.

My most recent experience with Landmark happened within the last 30 days and the call went through very quickly. I could understand everything with the person I spoke to and they scheduled somebody. That particular person came out within a week, took care of the electrical issue and explained everything. We were very happy with it. They were very professional, knowledgeable and able to resolve it right there and then.

While it took a long time to get through to Landmark to let them know I've got an issue with my washing machine, they did send out somebody. That somebody came and assessed and said, “I can't fix it here. Can we take it into the shop?” I asked them would it still be part of the whole claim. He said yes. The company that took it in did an assessment on it and said, “We'll have to order a part for it. We'll let you know when that comes in.” The part finally came in and they did the install however it was not working to fix the problem. They found another problem and said they'd get something to fix that. They contacted me later on saying it was not gonna fix it. They came to the conclusion that the appliance is not repairable.

They went above and beyond to contact Landmark and explain to them them why the machine is not repairable. Two weeks later, Landmark got in touch with me to say the final diagnosis. They said they would send me a check so that I could buy and replace it which they did. That was all really positive. The experience with everything is excellent. However, I wasn't too thrilled about the increase in the price after I’ve had it for a 12-month period of time. Even though it's been good and I'm happy, it's making me think that if it's another increase like that, I will not continue with Landmark.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Landmark Home Warranty looked reasonable for what I was trying to accomplish. The items that were available to cover looked reasonable and the price was competitive. They also cover up to three heating air conditioning systems. I’ve had a couple claims so far and I just made one this morning to deal with the dishwasher. It was very quick. I tried to do it online but it told me it couldn't set up the service order. I called in and lady had it done. I heard from the contractor within maybe two hours and we got an appointment set up.

I use the feature where you can, in the fall and in the spring, have your air conditioning and heating tune-up. I've not had any troubles with those. This year, I had them up and it was a new firm that they were using. These guys started claiming improper installation and all sorts of stuff. The bill was going up and up that I would be responsible for. I couldn't get a firm price out of them. The furnace that’s hooked up with the air conditioner was in the attic. They said, "You gotta pay for us to put planks around it so we can get in there.” There were planks in there already. This firm they used was all about the money. I complained about it. It's interesting this time around when I had the firm come out for the fall. They changed and had come back to the old firm that I have previously who I had quite liked. They seemed above board.

I had a second case which was our hot water tank that went on me. I called Landmark up and I would give them credit for what they did and how they paid for it. But again, I was very disappointed in the contractor they chose to send out. Ultimately, I found somebody myself. They paid me the payout price on it. It cost me maybe 50 bucks more than the amount that this other firm was looking for as a copayment. The guy that came out was really good and did it with no problem. He pointed out one issue to me. He fixed it and never charged me for it. He replaced the tank and I was totally happy.

However, I was not happy with the price they gave me on the buyout. I know how they do it. They buy the hot water tanks wholesale then pay a certain amount, which is not big, to the contractor who's putting it in. This particular contractor I had said it could be up to $500, $600 more. It would depend upon whether they've gotta redo the piping and reboot it. I explained it to the lady at Landmark and she said, "If you’re game, we'll pay you out and you deal with the other person.” Interestingly enough, the other plumber never saw it. I had emailed him and he asked if I could text him some pictures. I took half a dozen pictures and sent them to him. He got right back to me and said the total price was 925 bucks. He came out and that's what he did it for. He had no complaints about the piping.

On the air conditioner, they had said it wasn't covered. I went back and debated it wasn’t pointed out in the contract where I thought it was covered. At the end of the day, they did cover. I question the selection of contractors but for a couple of the things I've had, I think I would run into with any warranty company. I understand the game with these contractors. They'll bid cheap to get the work but when they're dealing with the warranty customer, they try to play the game to get extra money.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I had issues trying to get ahold of Landmark for my spring tune-up for my HVAC. I never did get ahold of them so I just thought to do it the next year. I did get ahold of them for my fall tune-up and that was fine. I got a random message from them late summer and it was something about my contract PDF being ready and available. I called the guy and asked why was I getting the email. They said they didn't know. I said, "It's hard to get ahold of anyone at the moment and my contract is in February. Why would you randomly send this out? That's kind of annoying."

They sent someone out to fix a few things I've ever really needed to be fixed which is fine. But I'm not sure if they hire good quality contractors for the work. Some of the contractors might be decent, but they are not top of the line. I think they might be going for the cheaper price. They replaced my garbage disposal. The guy came and did it and he was not super awesome with the replacement. It wouldn't work. He said, "I replaced it. It must be the electricity right here." I asked if he could fix the electricity. He said no. He can install the garbage disposal but he can't fix like the incoming electrical to the garbage disposal which is just a tiny box right there.

I had to call my electrician to come and fix that and he was not impressed with this guy's handling of installing the garbage disposal. I don't know if it's necessarily their fault that the company they hired to come and look at my disposal sent the guy out that was inexperienced but I definitely was not thrilled having to pay an electrician $100 to rewire the disposal.

I also found that they recently moved and they're understaffed. When they moved, they didn't hire enough agents to cover. It was extremely difficult to get ahold of them. I'd also like for them to stop being overly hallmark-ish with me. I can let go of all of the other random ** that they say like, "How can I make your day better?" Just say hello. But overall, the tune-up is fine and I keep renewing the policy every year. I'm gonna do so until my water heater, my HVAC and my refrigeration fails. Once I get those replacements, I will stop.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Landmark should get top marks. Their customer service is good. They've taken care of me every time I've had to deal with them. The only thing I don't particularly like is they only have a certain amount of people that they go through for AC units. Once they put in the order, I'm at their mercy. I can't find another person that could come out right away. But it's not really their fault. It’s not because they don't find me one. It's because whatever company they do get, they're busy working. It could take Landmark two, three days to get an AC unit guy out here to fix my problem which unfortunately, whenever I had a problem, it’s the hottest time of the month.

At one time they sent out an AC company, this guy didn't know his head from a hole in the ground and I asked him to leave. Then Landmark tried telling me that they were gonna charge me another $65 to bring another company out. Once I complained a little bit, they covered it. The guy really didn't know what he was doing so they sent another guy out and he told them what the guy was talking about was crazy. They took care of it and didn't charge me.

I have a very old unit and it's the only reason I have a home warranty. I don't need all the other stuff covered 'cause I can get a refrigerator and a stove but I can't afford a AC unit. I found out through the guy that was working on it (not the company that Landmark sent out) that Landmark won't replace my AC unit. They'll just keep piecing it together until they can't get parts. But he said that everyone does that. It's cheaper to pay someone $65 to come out and fix it than it is to pay for it myself.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Robert of Maricopa, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for providing Landmark Home Warranty with a 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences over the last 3 years! Our number one priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. We also appreciate your important feedback regarding our contractor network and take your comments seriously to help improve our service offerings. Thank you again for choosing Landmark! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 14, 2020

My Sub-Zero refrigerator was making noise. It sounded like a fan was going out so I called Landmark and Suncoast came out, opened it up, looked at it and said, “Yeah. We probably oughta replace the fan motor that’s on the freezer side.” I thought it was the one on top. I didn’t know it had motor. So they said that they’d order a part. A week or so go by I call to check on it and then I get a call from some young lady at Landmark telling me that that part’s not available and that they’re going to send me a check for $1,500 and take the unit off the home warranty.

I said, “Whoa. Stop. You can’t tell me that Sub-Zero didn’t make a fan motor for this unit anymore. I can’t fathom that happening.” She said, “Sir, we’re going to buy the unit out, we’re gonna send you a check within 10 days.” I said, “No. Don’t do it.” So after about four minutes of being frustrated with her I finally said, “Do not send me a check. I’m going to research this.” So I simply got my model number and contacted Sub-Zero who’s put me in touch with their parts people. I’m in Houston, Texas and they happened to be in Dallas, Texas, and the lady said, “Well, sir, we’ve got six of those sitting in the warehouse and the cost on them is $89.” And I’m going, “Huh?”

I called Landmark back and was on hold for about 45 minutes. Finally, it got transferred to somebody who would listen to me, and the lady that listened to me was absolutely fantastic. I said, “This doesn’t make sense. Y’all wanna spend 1,500 and take my appliance out of it and for $89 plus $100 service call, we go down that road.” She put me on hold, and I gave her all the contact information for the Sub-Zero place in Dallas. I guess their parts people called them while I was on hold, came back and said, “Mr. **, you’re absolutely right. We’re gonna order the part, Suncoast will be out to replace it.” And that’s what ended up happening. The Suncoast people were very nice. They were spot on with their diagnosis. As soon as they got the part, they came out and replaced it, and we’ve had absolutely no problem with the refrigerator.

I've been with Landmark for five years. I would like that the first person I talked to at Landmark regarding the Sub-Zero do her research and make sure that what they want to do is correct. But that has been the only issue since I’ve had Landmark in all these years. I haven’t had a whole lot of dealings with them, but every dealing that I’ve ever had with them has been very pleasant.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Mark of Houston, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and we always appreciate the opportunity to help, and love the positive feedback. Thank you again! Please know we truly value your loyal business of 6 years, and look forward to serving you again in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: April 30, 2021

Landmark has been pretty helpful. I've been able to get the service I need within a reasonable time frame. Submitting a claim hasn't been too bad. Typically, I've been online. Some of the classifications were a little bit hard to determine where I need to go to put in the correct information. But so far, the contractors have been good.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Robert of San Antonio, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for 4 star review and thoughtful remarks regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and our service contractors! Our top priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs and we love the positive feedback, and always appreciate the opportunity to help. Thank you again for choosing Landmark! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you soon. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: April 17, 2021

The water heater went bad which caused us to not have any hot water. The claims process was fairly easy once I got to the right person. The first person I called didn't understand the process as well. I was told that they didn't cover it, without even knowing what was wrong. So I call the second person and they sent somebody out to have it diagnosed and then found out that they did cover it. The technician was professional, did his job well, and knew what he was doing.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear R. of ID, Thank you so much for the 4 star review and testimony regarding your customer service experience with Landmark Home Warranty and our contractor. Your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs is our top priority, and we are happy to hear about your experience and appreciate the opportunity to dispatch a dependable service contractor to assist. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: April 11, 2021

I called Landmark Home Warranty during the 1st week of January 2021 to report that our water softener was leaking. After I paid my deductible fee of $65.00, Landmark contracted my issue to All State Service Group. A contractor arrived to our home 01/11/21. He tightened a connection to see if that would stop the leak. The leak did not stop, so I called Landmark again on 01/13/21 & the contractor & I set up a day to do the repairs, which was 01/25/21. The contractor arrived with another contractor who was training him. A new water softener was installed for which I paid my share of $648.00. Contractors finished & since they were professionals, I had no reason to doubt the quality of their work.

During the week of March 8th I looked into the salt container to see if I needed to add salt. Water was standing in the unit & the salt level had not decreased since installation on January 13th. I called Landmark again & they told me I had to pay another deductible because I was outside the 30-day window for guarantees. I pointed out that there was no way I could have known whether or not the unit was working even if I had looked into the unit. Landmark demanded that I must pay another deductible before they would schedule another call out.

I made it clear that the job had not been properly done during the initial installation. I also pointed out to Landmark that typically people usually don't look into water softeners no more than every 2-3 months anyway. I was told to either pay the fee or a tech would not be sent. I paid the deductible of $65.00 again & told the representative that this was wrong. All State sent a technician on 03/18/21 & he immediately said the unit had not been working because of a kinked line which he showed me. Also the line had not been properly routed as it curved around the front of the salt container and was actually aesthetically very unappealing.

The tech told me that the drain line wasn't really that important & asked me if I wanted him to remove it completely. I wasn't so sure about that, so I asked him to just reroute it, which he did, placing the drain line into the drain-pan of the water heater, which was sitting next to it. Not wanting to get burned again by Landmark, I started checking the softener on a daily basis so that if there was a problem I would be within my 30-day window. On 03/25/21, the softener still did not appear to be working properly, as the salt level had not decreased, so I asked Landmark if they would send the tech back to our property to check the function of the unit. I needed to make sure the unit was functioning properly before my contract expired with Landmark, effective 03/31/21.

The tech arrived 03/31/21 & checked several different things & after a short time he told me the unit should be working. I asked him how would If it was or not. The tech told me he needed a water sample from the furthest sink inside our home. He took a sample in a 16 oz. water bottle & told me he would send it out for testing & if there was an issue he would be in touch with me. Today 04/10/21, I have yet to hear from him. I have called Allstate Service Group several times to inquire, but it appears they're just blowing me off, as they realize that if there an issue, they wouldn't get paid. They're a pretty shadowy company too from my dealings with them.

Currently, our water softener is still not functioning. It makes the extremely loud popping noises & the salt level is the same as it was at time of installation. I terminated our contract with Landmark immediately after they forced me to cough up an additional deductible of $65.00. I told that what they had done to me was not right, as a softener is not like an A/C unit, whereas if such unit was not working, one would know immediately, whereas with a water softener, it takes time to realize there is a problem, which typically puts one outside the 30-day guarantee window. They lost a good customer here for a lousy $65.00 & obviously I would never recommend them to anyone.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Michael of Henderson, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review the situation firsthand. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we sincerely regret the frustration. Please note in accordance with the service plan service work is guaranteed for 30 days, and we have confirmed a final appointment was completed, and the contractor advised that the water softener is working as intended. Thank you for your consideration and allowing Landmark to offer this additional explanation. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: April 10, 2021

We had a claim recently that Landmark jumped on and sent somebody out and fixed our dryer. We were happy about that. They are like any other insurance company. They look for ways not to pay. But when you can verify to them that it's valid, and then they respond. In previous years, I had a bit of a discussion with them about my garage door opener that they told me that what I wanted to do with that wasn't covered. So, we just got ahead and did the repair, and all was well. But they were very helpful this last time. I've had the service for two and a half years, since I've lived in this house. I'm debating whether to keep it because I might have one opportunity to use them in the course of a year. And if I didn't have them, it would cost me $400 to fix the item. But I pay them $500 a year or more.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Richard of Bluffdale, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide important feedback regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty. Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call to service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs. Thank you again for allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: April 6, 2021

Everything was as smooth as silk with Landmark. They could have given a little quicker response because I didn't have any air conditioner for a weekend and I got health problems, but I made it. I had fans and had the doors open a little bit. They had the AC fixed first thing Monday morning then they had to come back on Tuesday to install the parts that they found that were bad. The AC is working great now. I had the same issue last August with it and they should have replaced the fan then. But they replaced it this time when it went out again. The air conditioner guy said there was a bad bushing in the fan, so when they replaced the fan motor, it's been working like a champ.

I also had a plumbing plugged up through Landmark. The techs came right out, unplugged it, and was on the way. That was quick, too. After I called in, they were here the next day and ran a little snake through the pipe. They got it cleaned out and it's been working great since. All in all, the people at Landmark are very responsive and the contractors they got are really good. The warranty is also simple to use and it's worth the money.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Julius of Baytown, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and wonderful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty over the last 4 years! Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and your testimony regarding ease of service and quality workmanship is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing Landmark! We truly value your continued loyalty and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information