Hi Arnold,
Thank you for posting your feedback! I love to hear this type of experience. It's especially great to hear that you have been a part of the Landmark Family for several years. We are glad to have you and we will always do everything we can to take good care of you! I really appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Consumer Affairs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 12, 2017

We got Landmark Home Warranty shortly after we moved, so it’s been renewed for four years. They have been very responsive. I’ve submitted a couple of claims over the years and there has never been a problem. It’s always been taken care of very promptly, and the agents they’ve sent out to do the repairs have been fine especially this last. They came out to do the air-conditioning checks. They’ve all been pretty good with it. They told me what he did and how everything looked and how he tested it. They really paid attention to what they were doing.

We did have a problem right after we moved in with the control unit on one of the ovens. They came out and they took care of it, too. A couple of years ago, there was one fellow who came out for the air-conditioning check and noticed some things that were getting ready to go. And since it was approaching the summer, he felt some things should be taken care off. And he called them right on the spot and got authorization and took care of it.

On Wednesday May 3rd at 5AM we discovered that our hot water heater was not working. Immediately, we placed a service request with our home warranty company, Landmark Home Warranty. Landmark now requires that you pay the $70 service fee upfront before a contractor will even be sent out. With two small children, bottles that need to be washed, and for hygiene sake we complied.

My husband took May 3rd off, wanting to be available for the first available contractor. Unfortunately, Landmark was unable to schedule a contractor until the afternoon of May 4th, so I took the afternoon off. The contractor sent to our house was Preferred Air. The gentleman arrived, went up to the attic, and in under 20 minutes informed me that they were leaving because the main repairman didnt know how to fix it. The repairman informed me that he was going to get in touch with his boss and the manufacturer of the unit to determine what he could do to fix the problem.

I immediately called Landmark Home Warranty, confused as to why they would send out a representative, which I had already been billed for, only to be told he did not know how to fix the hot water heater. Landmark informed me that they were sure it was because he needed a part. I reiterated what the contractor had said, he didnt know how to fix it. I expressed my concerns that this contractor would be returning to my house to fix such a high valued piece of equipment. Landmark informed me that I could repay the $70 and they could have another contractor come back out to the house, but could not guarantee it wouldnt take 48 hours to secure another contractor.

I then requested to speak with a manager. Jason came on the phone and apologized, again stating that the contractor probably just meant that he needed a part. My husband and I were both on the phone at this point and Jason assured us that this matter would be resolved in a timely matter and that should anything come up to give him a call at his extension (**). My husband specifically laid out a scenario for Jason, asking should Preferred Air come back and state that we needed a new unit, would that be covered under the Landmark Warranty. Jason assured us that the company would do the right thing and take care of what we needed.

On the afternoon of May 4th, Preferred Air notified us that we would need a new hot water heater, in addition to some pipe modifications. We were informed that the hot water heater would be covered, but that our contract would not cover the pipe modifications. Preferred Air notified us that they would order the new unit as soon as they were notified by Landmark that it was approved.

Landmark sent an email on May 4th at 4:06pm to my husband which read Tankless Water Heater Full Replacement Approved. At this point, it was our understanding that Preferred would go ahead and order the unit and contact us regarding installation. My husband called Preferred at 9:30 on Monday morning with a bad feeling in his gut and was told that Preferred Air had received an email from Landmark that indicated that we had accepted a "cashout option". This option was never discussed with my husband, nor accepted by my husband. At this point, Preferred Air advised my husband to call Landmark.

Upon calling Landmark, my husband was told that although Landmark had made the error and caused the delay and confusion, they would only stick by their contract and mail us a check for $800. My husband explained that upon receipt of the check, if Landmark were not to find another way to rectify the situation, we would end our business with Landmark. The Landmark representative, Tyler, said that was unfortunate but that his company was going to stick by their contract. Tyler then tried to coerce my husband into verbally stating acceptance of the contract and the $800 check. My husband said since you're going to stick to your contract, which I do not accept, mail me my $800 check and I'll end our business immediately after I receive it.

My husband next contacted Preferred Air, who said they would call back with prices. They called my husband back and an agreement was reached on the unit to order. Preferred Air attempted to order the unit on Monday 5/8. In the meantime, my husband called back Landmark seeking customer service. He explained the situation to a female representative who agreed that Landmark was in the wrong. She explained that she would email our account manager, another Tyler and that I should follow up with him. It was implied that Landmark should do something to make the situation right for our family. My husband asked if it was possible to email Tyler (account manager) the invoice after the work had been done by Preferred Air in order for Landmark to compensate us for the unit, as they had indicated full replacement of the unit had been approved. He was told that yes, this was possible via email.

My husband continued to communicate with Preferred Air regarding ordering the unit and scheduling the installation. On Tuesday 5/9, Preferred Air called to indicate that their distributor did not have the part in stock, as they had previously told Preferred Air. This error on the distributors part would cause for a delay in delivery of the unit until next Monday 5/15.

On Tuesday 5/9 I contacted Landmark Home Warranty on 3 separate occasions. I first spoke with a representative named Tyler and asked that he read back that notes from the conversation on 5/8 that my husband had with Landmark in which the representative should make the situation right. Tyler stated that there were no conversations noted. I called back again on 5/9 and spoke with Cathy (whose name I would later find out was actually Cassidy). She informed me that she was going to need to review the audio recordings of my husband's phone call on 5/8 to in fact verify that this was what was discussed because she did not know Landmark to do such a thing.

After not hearing back from Cassidy, I called a third time. This time I spoke with Blake, who got me in touch with his manager Jesse. When Jesse came on the phone he read back the annotated notes from my husband's conversation on 5/8 that Tyler had earlier claimed did not exist in the computer. Jesse stated that I had asked Blake in our earlier conversation to reverse the cash payout option. This was a complete fallacy. Jesse also informed me that my husband had verbally accepted the cashout option yesterday over the phone, when I asked if he could play me the recording because I do not know my husband to be a liar, he stated that I would need a subpoena. I again reiterated the importance of the two small children who were being impacted by Landmark's limited customer service, about the bottles and dishes piling up, and how it was unacceptable to expect people who are paying money for a service to continue to receive this level of service.

As my phone was dying (after having been on the phone waiting and talking this time for over an hour), I asked Jesse what his solution was. He stated we are going to stand by our contract. I asked him why we had received an email stating that a Full Replacement was Approved, and he said that he could not speak to that and would need to investigate it further. At that time, my phone ran out of power. I didnt expect to hear back from Landmark on the contact number listed on our contract, and they proved me right.

Summary: We have 2 small children, one of whom still drinks from a bottle. Our children are the ones suffering from Landmark's questionable customer service. Landmark and Preferred Air can go back and forth pointing blame at the other but at the end of the day, they continue to do business with one another, which speaks volumes. According to Preferred Air we will not have hot water restored to our house until 5/15. We have lost 8 hours of personal time at work due to this. Even if we decided to not move forward with Landmark and/or Preferred Air, we still paid $70 for this to happen to us. We are in possession of a written notification from Landmark stating "Approved - Tankless Water Heater: Full Replacement." Finally, Landmark sent a final email claiming that the Dispatch Ticket has been completed, but we (more importantly our young children) still dont have hot water.

Hi Judy,
Thank you so much for providing additional feedback and a rating of your Landmark services. We are glad to have you as a valued homeowner. Your opinions matter, and we always appreciate feedback. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

Original review: May 9, 2017

When I bought my condo in AZ, the seller supplied me with a one year Landmark Home Warranty policy. I had some electrical problems and called Landmark. They contacted an electrical company for me and I had the problem fixed in no time. I was really impressed because they called the day after my repair to make sure everything was working OK. Great company.

Hi Laurence,
I am very sorry to hear about the experience with the toilet repair. I can see how frustrating that would be. I am happy to have this service request reviewed on your behalf. Please email me directly if you would like to pursue a review. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations this time. We do value you as a Landmark Home Warranty homeowner. I hope you will allow us to provide a great service experience in the future.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I submitted claims to Landmark over the phone and the technicians who they sent out have been very good. They repaired my air conditioner several times since it always breaks especially that we live in Texas and it gets to be a 100. However, three weeks ago, I submitted a claim online and Landmark called me back immediately to tell me it wouldn’t be covered. The toilet was rocking and they said since it’s not faulty. I said, “But it’s not supposed to rock,” and the rep said, “Well, it has to be leaking.” I called my own plumber and he said he’s never heard of a home warranty company that did not cover it. The flange was completely broken and it was just a matter of time that it would have been leaking all over the toilet. I sent them an email and told them I was not happy with their decision to not cover it and they just said sorry. I'm so frustrated with Landmark now but it’s been good apart of that.

Mike,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am very sorry that you have had this frustrating experience. Often we find that when a warranty is purchased, the details of the warranty are not explained in full. I would be happy to have a member of our team research into the events that took place. I do hope that at the end of the review you would better understand the contract, as we do cover for many items. Please contact me directly should you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you. Elise Nye | enye@landmarkhw.com |

Original review: May 7, 2017

We purchased a house here in Las Vegas back in January 2017. At the time we requested a home warranty to cover all major items on the house. The sellers agreed and when we went we went to escrow. I was told that our saltwater pool was an add-on and that we could cover the pool spa and all "pool equipment" for an addition fee which we paid. We moved into the house and never thought any more about it.

A couple of months later the ice maker failed. I called Landmark and though the policy said they covered ice makers it didn't mean stand-alone and that was an additional add-on. So I gave up on them and just paid to have it repaired myself. A couple of weeks ago the company who services my pool told me that though the salt level in the pool was good but the pool was not generating enough chlorine so I again reach out to Landmark who told me that if the salt part of the system wasn't working they didn't cover the salt system as that was an add-on to the add-on I already paid for. I then asked them what is covered and after listening to them I learned several other items. Our casita, septic tank was also not covered. But they won't let you cover those items until your anniversary date which is 9 months away.

As to the saltwater pool issue they also told me to contact their contractor to confirm the issue on the salt cell which by my contract says 65 for a service call which when I called him and two days later he called back told me he was happy to come out for 95 dollars to confirm what my pool cleaning company believes the issue to be. So as I understand it now I don't have coverage for something I paid an add-on for which I understood would cover all pool equipment, the contractor is charging me more than the contracted rate to come out and you can't change things during the year. Well I don't know about others here but clearly Landmark is worthless in my opinion.

Hello James,
I apologize for the recent frustrations regarding your well pump. I am sorry that your claim did not go as expected. Your feedback is important to Landmark, and concern is not taken lightly. We always stick to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow the procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. I understand that this situation has been inconvenient for you. We honestly do our best to take care of our homeowners.
Best,

Original review: May 7, 2017

I have been with Landmark Home Warranty since October and it was recommended by a lender. Submitting a claim has been good. I usually do it over the phone and my most recent claim was for an air conditioner. Within that week that I called, the techs were able to come and fix it. It has been good dealing with the claims rep and the techs. However, we had an issue with our well pump and we didn't know that it wasn't covered until we tried to have service on it and got charged for it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Resolution response: May 6, 2017

Received an email from LM after they saw my complaint. They have agreed that my case was not handled correctly and under the contract, I was to receive a comparable refrigerator based on capacity. I was offered more money and am very happy with the amount and quick response I got from them. They did stand by their contract even if it did have to go to the complaint stage. Thank you Landmark for honoring your contract.

Kara,

I am glad that we were able to resolve the issue at hand. Landmark tries very hard to abide by the contract in every circumstance. However we do understand that mistakes happen. We hope that in the future you do not have this problem again. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you. Candace Parke | cparke@landmarkhw.com |

Original review: May 4, 2017

First off, I have used Landmark for 3 years and have been very happy with the speed of service and contractors used for repairs. Recently, however, I have had another experience with a refrigerator that could not be repaired. When I first called, a contractor was quickly dispatched and determined the problem. They said they would have to submit to LM due to the cost. I had to make calls in order to find out the status as no one called me. It was, finally, determined that it needed to be replaced but LM's vendor did not have the same make/model so they would do a "cash out" for a comparable one.

I was at work and was not able to open the link showing the comparable fridge but the amount offered me seemed to be low. I asked the service mgr what if I did not agree on the amount. She stated the ticket would be closed so I would, essentially, get nothing. Feeling a little pressured, I said okay. Once I got home and opened the link, I found the "comparable" to be a 17.5 cubic ft and mine is 24.8... almost 1/3 larger capacity. I tried calling this service mgr back but only got VM. I called another service mgr I had on an email... VM. I left them both emails and voice messages. No response. I called the 800 number and spoke to another gentleman who was very nice but did inform me that the contract said LM did not have to match size… WOW.

So I looked at the contract and found that LM did not have to match dimensions but did have to match capacity which is the cubic foot. Called back and spoke to another gentleman who agreed but stated that once a ticket is closed, it is, essentially, done. So after a week with no fridge (important when you have animals who eat raw food so we are using lots and lots of ice), we went and purchased one the size we need even though the cash out from LM will be much lower. I feel a little like a bait and switch was pulled on me and employees are not knowledgeable of contract information.

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for taking a minute to share your experience with Landmark. I appreciate the kind remarks. I also appreciate the honest feedback about the contractors. All feedback is important to Landmark. We are always seeking to improve our homeowners experience, and need the good and the bad. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 27, 2017

I was impressed with the range of services that Landmark Home Warranty covers. I've been with other home warranty companies that didn't cover everything like the pre-season air and heating tune-up. I've also been with companies that were just horrible that they would deny the littlest of services. But, I haven't had that problem with Landmark. They raised the service visit fee recently but it's still reasonable.

Submitting a claim was easy. You go online for it, they call you quickly and let you know that your claim is being taken care of. My only complaint was a lot of times the contractors didn't respond in the time period that they're supposed to. Landmark gives me the contractors' phone number and I just contacted them. It depended on what it was, like the last one I used for my pre-season air-conditioning tune-up. He was a single guy and he had no office or staff. It was just him by himself, but he was very good and he responded quickly. For the most part, it was hit or miss with the contractors, depending on how busy they were. But Landmark Home Warranty has been really good.

Hi Joseph,
Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback regarding you A/C claim. This has been brought to the attention of our Claims Management Department for review. They will address this situation right away. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. My intentions are to truly provide a resolution for this situation. Your feedback is very important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this issue lightly.

Original review: April 26, 2017

My AC started sounding funny, and thinking it may be an easy fix called out a contractor recommended by friends to take a look at the unit. The bullet points: the unit is molding (clearly from the prior owner), our coils are rusted, there may be a refrigerant leak, and it's a unit that uses a refrigerant no longer in production. Diagnosis: get a new unit. One problem: we recently bought the house and don't have the dough to pay for a new unit. Good news: we have a home warranty! Bad news: Landmark home warranty was our company.

So, what happened: shortly after speaking with the AC guy referenced above (as in within 24hrs), I call Landmark for service, costing me $70 for the service call. By Tuesday, April 11 someone is out from their contractor MD Ellis. They sent out someone newer to their company, of whom only took a look at the coils and stopped there (good thing I got a first opinion for less than $70). He claimed that they'd need to be replaced and I'd be required to fork out over $100 for refrigerant and something else not covered (I just checked and found out I purchased the platinum package, the one that covers refrigerators and freon recharges/recovery for AC). Before he left I made sure he checked other compartments of the unit where the mold could be found so that it could also be submitted.

Then I play the waiting game. Waiting to hear back on a resolution, or for my AC unit to completely die (which is imminent, and will become extremely unpleasant due to South Texas heat when it does). Thankfully, my unit hasn't died yet. I receive an email indicating some result was giving to Landmark and the only thing it said was wiring. So, I call the 800 number to find out what's going on with my claim. The short answer it was closed out by their contractor with no reason as to why it was closed out without any work getting done, and in order to get my AC fixed I have to pay another $70 to open another ticket. Landmark, I expected better service, especially since VA lender recommended you guys, and she was amazing. Now I'm just disappointed.

Hi Willie,
Thank you for taking a minute of your valuable time to share your experience with Landmark thus far. We are glad to have you as part of our Landmark family and will always do our best to take excellent care of you. Congratulations on your new house. While we hope you don't have any issues with your new home, we will be here for you and be an advocate for your needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

Original review: April 26, 2017

The people I financed the house through chose Landmark Home Warranty for me and I've been with them for two months now. I submitted a claim over the phone just for changing my locks. Talking to their reps was good and they came through quickly. The only part I had to wait was because it was a weekend and the locksmith didn't show up until Monday morning. I talked to the locksmith and he was a nice, young fellow with very great attitude and knows his job. I have no problems so far and would recommend it to a friend.

Hi Joni,
Thank you for making the suggestion on upgrading. I will be sure to submit this suggestions to that department. I am so glad to hear that we have been taking good care of you. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 25, 2017

When I submit a claim to Landmark, I call and tell them what the problem is and their reps are great. They give me the name of the contractor who's going to fix it, I pay for it and the contractor comes out. It usually takes ten minutes for someone to get in touch with me about a repair. However, it would be a good idea that when the plan is bought, they give the homeowner the option to upgrade if possible. We closed the house in December, didn't move in until March and didn't know it was too late to upgrade by March.

Hi Joanne,
I want to assure you that we are always seeking to provide a positive experience within a timely manner. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to post. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 22, 2017

I needed to get a home warranty as I was buying a house. I went with Landmark and now, I usually call to submit a claim and I have good interactions with the representatives I speak with. The contractors get in touch promptly, within a day or two, and the technicians who come are good. I have a good experience with Landmark.

Jennifer Castillo,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you have had this experience. I will have this submitted for review right away to determine how we can best assist you. I understand that you are frustrated and we will do everything we can to assist. Landmark works to represent the warranty in the most equitable way possible to all homeowners. I will have someone make contact with you immediately after they have reviewed your claim.

Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: April 21, 2017

They have changed the policy from last year and are about to rip us off with having to replace a part in our AC unit that was covered last year and now it's only a percentage per pound. Also they will replace the coil for the freon but not the freon test and they don't cover the outlets that face the outside just the ones on the inside. They have changed it all and I renewed with the understanding that it would be the same plan as the last year. I asked to see my plan from last year and they stated they didn't have it on file. I will never use this company again!

Hi Brian,
Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to share specific details of your claim experiences. We value all types of feedback, and are the first to admit there is always room for improvement. This type of honest feedback is the greatest catalyst for change. I know your time is valuable and I want to assure you that the details of this feedback will be shared with the appropriate departments. We are committed to you satisfaction and appreciate your patience as we work hard to improve our service. Thank you for choosing to be part of our Landmark Family! Should you ever have additional concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 20, 2017

Submitting a claim with Landmark was pretty good. It was fairly easy to get a hold of them and talk to them about it. Our claim was for the garage door because it didn't want to open. It kept getting stuck so I had them send somebody out to look at it. However, there were slightly frustrating things in the process. For instance, I added my wife the very first time I called so that she could make phone calls after that because it's hard for me to make them sometimes while I'm at work, but they didn't add her. So when she called back in later, I had to add her again and that was quite annoying.

Another thing was when my wife called to get an idea of what they would cover and what they wouldn't, they told her that one of the things we need to get taken care of was not covered. But when she looked it up online, she found that it was. She then called them back and they're supposed to be getting back to us about it. That was a bit frustrating. In general, though, their customer service has been pretty good and they've been easy to talk to.

Also, their technician called me. He then told us what we needed to know about the door and what would need to be done. It worked out well. He was in and out pretty quick and he was straightforward with us, which we appreciated. The garage door hasn't been repaired yet because all the things that were broken on it are not covered by the warranty. We are working out what needs to be done in the meantime. It does work now that things are warming back up, but it would have a problem when it gets very cold. We've only had Landmark this last year and they're friendly and quick to work with. We've had to call back about things every once in awhile.

Hi Malinda,
Thank you for providing this feedback on your recent dishwasher claim. I appreciate you providing contact details, so we may review your concerns. I am sorry for the frustration regarding this request. This will be reviewed and you will be contact by a manager.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Dishwasher broke a couple weeks after buying a home. They denied the claim stating pre-existing damage. So if you happen to be stuck with this sub-par warranty company (there's a reason why after 400+ reviews it doesn't even average 4 stars but realtors keep using them for some reason) just make sure that your appliance only breaks after a few months. My home inspection report even listed it as a working dishwasher. Paid $60 to have someone tell me what parts it needed only to get denied. Should I have waited another month or two to report it? Very disappointed.

Hi Jeff,
Glad to hear we got to keep you as a valued Landmark home owner! I appreciate you taking some of your time to share your feedback. We love to hear our homeowner's stories and are committed to providing the best service in the industry. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

Original review: April 19, 2017

When we were renting, one of our landlords had Landmark and it seemed that they were on top of everything. It’s only been about six months since I've had Landmark and my experience with them has been so far, good. I’ve submitted three claims, which include one for the toilet and another for the air-conditioner, and the claims process is simple. I call them and their claims reps are courteous. The technicians are great as well. Landmark takes care of me and they are pretty prompt in taking care of whatever issues that arise.

Hello Rakesh,
I apologize for the frustrations associated with your plumbing claim.Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback. This issue has been brought to the attention of our Operations Department. They will address this situation with the associates and contractors involved. We apologize about any delays or disappointments in service and want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that a situation like this does not occur again. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner for our homeowners. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 11, 2017

I contacted Landmark regarding a plumbing issue in the evening. I had a broken shower handle with a running shower and we could not locate the main water shutoff valve. They assigned me a plumber in the morning, but the plumber was unreachable. Landmark Customer Service refused to reassign the ticket to another plumber that would be open at 9 am -- per policy I have to wait till 3-5 hours after the office opens for the plumber to contact me. In all I spent 1 hour talking to at least 4 different people trying to schedule a plumber visit and the earliest they could get me a plumber was 48 hours after I reported the issue. I reached out to another plumber in the area and got it fixed in 1 hour. Landmark used to be a great firm, but over the years their service has deteriorated - limited coverage, rude customer service.

Sam,

I am sorry that you have had this experience with Landmark. I would like to get this reviewed right away. Our homeowners are the best catalyst for change, and it is your honest reviews that help us to do so. I will have my associate review this immediately for you. You will be contacted within 24 hours.

Landmark

Original review: April 5, 2017

We bought a house and the seller provided Landmark as the home warranty service. The first claim I submitted to them was about the condensation on one of the air conditioning units and that was not a covered expense because it was not an integral part of the air conditioning unit. But later on, we had another condensation problem that arose with that same air conditioning unit. We filed our second claim for the smaller direct pan which is an integral part to the unit itself. But even though we showed and clearly demonstrated that it was an integral part, the Landmark, in violation of the contract did not cover it. It was about a $600 expense.

A couple of months after that, we had another claim. The element went out on our water heater. However, they told us that they don't cover 80-gallon water heaters. They had a guy come out and look at it and told us that the element cannot be removed because it has so much calcium that are built up on it. We called another plumber and he didn't have any trouble at all changing the element. He told me that there were no tool marks on the original element and that the guy that Landmark had sent out had not even attempted to remove the element. He was just trying to sell us a brand-new water heater.

There was one item that was clearly covered in the contract that they refused to honor so I've been really tempted to write a letter to the AG's office. It's just not worth it to take them to small claims for over $600 repair. Also, we asked multiple times for a contract during the early part of the coverage and what they sent us was a one-sheet outline of what was covered and what was not. But that's not what we want. We want a copy of the contract. And after we were so disgusted with them after the water heater incident, they finally emailed us a copy of the contract. We have not been happy with Landmark because they have not honored the terms of their own contract. And as soon as the 1-year period is up, we're going to go to somebody else.

Landmark Home Warranty

Thank you for reaching out to Landmark to have this claim reviewed. I am sorry that we have not met your expectations as of yet. I do see that your service request is still open and we have made progress on it as of today. I will review this claim to determine how I can further assist. Landmark works very hard to represent the contract in the most equitable way possible. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need additional assistance.

Candace | cparke@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 31, 2017

I have had Landmark for 2 years. The first year was excellent. Paid the 500 dollars for the warranty and later had the AC go out. I called and they had it fixed with the 60 dollar service charge. This year AC did the same thing except it cost me 70 dollars for service and another 250 for freon. I asked and they said it was due to a contract change. I was obviously unaware of this change. Additionally, I have 2 AC units and the other one still doesn't work. They said it needed a evaporator coil. After agreeing to pay another 500 dollars to fix it they do nothing. 2 weeks later I call and they raise the price to 700 and tell me my AC takes 14 pounds of freon. It's a 2 ton unit that shouldn't even take 10 lbs. Giant rip off. Seems like they are just taking advantage of people.

Deanna Moffett,

Thank you for reaching out to Landmark Home Warranty to review your claim. I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations for this service request. I can completely understand your frustration with this service request. Being that you had disclosed that a part was under manufacturer warranty however that you were unsure if the entire unit was, we should have advised that if it was found to be under warranty, we would not cover it. I am so sorry, you were not made aware of this. We honestly try our best to be equitable to all homeowners in regards to advising of coverage for their units.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations for this service request. I hope that in the future we exceed those expectations. Please let me know if there is anything additional I can do for you.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Our AC stopped working and I called in a service claim. Had to pay 70 upfront and the agent asked me if it was under warranty and I said yes, I knew the compressor was and I don't know what's wrong with my unit. He NEVER said "it's only two years old and we don't cover." So the repair people came and they found the problem and the part only is under warranty not service work. Landmark turned it down and kept our 70 and I called and spoke to a Tina in sales and she said items under warranty still get fixed. So it's one lie after another. We also have an email from LHW stating that a deluxe pkg is no fault. Maybe they should look up meaning of no fault. You have unfair business practices and should be ashamed. Thanks for nothing Landmark. You as a company are liars and use people. All Austin says over and over is well it's a misunderstanding. Seriously you think this is acceptable?

Landmark Home Warranty

Thank you so much for this outstanding review. I am glad we were able to resolve your issue timely. You are a valued homeowner to Landmark Home Warranty. Please let us know if we can assist if future claims.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Our experience with Landmark worked out great. We submitted a claim online and then called. They called us back, came out and fixed our problem. It turned out nicely and we really appreciate it.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for providing feedback on your service requests and giving Landmark this opportunity to address your concerns. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. We will research what occurred with this situation right away. We will contact your directly with additional questions. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly. Again, I am very sorry that you had such a poor experience with Landmark.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 25, 2017

In the past year this company refused our request for repair 3 times. In all 3 cases they said that the equipment wasn't broken. In all 3 cases the equipment did "work" but was not functional. Our garbage disposal had a spoon stuck in the side band and made it impossible to work as it should. The spoon was not removable without taking the unit apart. We had that done on our own (which ended up costing the same as the $60 fee). Our dryer would spin sometimes, and not sometimes. Because it "worked" they would not cover it. Turned out it had a golf tee stuck in it. Again I had it repaired on my own for $10 more than the company's fee. When the company called me to renew, I told them I was dissatisfied with their company. They didn't even ask me why. They just said ok and hung up. That showed me that they expected my answer.

Landmark Home Warranty

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that the agent did well in making you feel like the valued homeowner you are. We appreciate this feedback and look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: March 22, 2017

When I bought the house, I went with the referral and got Landmark Home Warranty. I've submitted a claim twice. One was with an icemaker that quit. I contacted them, they recommended and sent a specific repair person who came out, checked it and said I needed a part. He got it, installed it and that was the end of that. There's a cost when they show up which was expected. Then the last claim was for a leaking dishwasher. A technician came out, put a little thing on it and fixed it. The follow-up from Landmark was insane. The woman was in touch with me several times to make sure I had everything under control and that I was pleased. She did a really good job. I'm really comfortable with Landmark. I would recommend them.

Hi Lyn,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on Landmark. I appreciate the specific examples of things you liked and the things we need to improve upon. Feedback is the best catalyst for change. You made some very valid points about service for homeowners in smaller towns. I want to assure you that it is our top priority to address coverage and contractors. We are constantly looking for vetted contractors to review and work with. Your feedback is not taken lightly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 21, 2017

I was with Landmark for a year and I've mostly been very happy. Every rep welcomed me with a "How are you?" and "Oh I'm so sorry this happened!" responses. It makes it sound like they really care. They're also not shy to have a mini conversation with you while working on your claim. It's fairly easy to make a claim online, wait for a phone call (or call if you haven't heard back which is rare) and be told that a company will call you or you should call them. Besides the phone calls, they'll email you in case you're horrible at checking your VM like me. It's up to you to make the appointment. You used to pay the contractors but now you pay Landmark and you're done with it.

One of the problems I've had is that I live in a somewhat small city/town but surrounded by other towns with a larger city about 30 miles way. Every time I needed something fixed, they had to find people in surrounding towns or the city. This caused many contact issues where they had to find enough time to come out to see me. Some even had to drive an hour and a half out of the way. Sometimes I waited a few days to get an appointment. I hope they soon find more companies in smaller towns that work on specific utilities for the areas. For instance, there isn't a drilling company they work with near me. The rep instead tried to hire a plumber. Obviously, that doesn't work and I'm not quite sure if the rep was just hoping or she had no education in small town living.

Reps of all companies need education when it comes to these issues. The companies need to find companies to work with them if they're going to offer contracts to small town homeowners. I ended up switching home warranty companies so we'll see how it goes since they guarantee same-day service and said they have 150 companies in my town they work with that can help and they were $200 cheaper with better reviews. Landmark does need to step it up but they are a trustworthy company. Beat your own reviews, find more contractors, educate your reps a bit more, and guarantee something to your customers.

Hello Gregg,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your claim experience. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation on this claim resolution. Your referenced concerns regarding your pool & spa coverage are not taken lightly. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. We always stick to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow the procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. Your complaint regarding coverage will be researched and reviewed right away. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty parameters. You will be contacted shortly to address this issue.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 20, 2017

I have a home warranty from Landmark. I have pool and spa equipment. Both pool and spa equipment developed leaks. Pool fixed, Spa not fixed. I have Pool and Spa equipment coverage PLUS additional Pool and Spa equipment coverage. My claim was declined based on the application of the basic Pool and Spa equipment. The reason was it was not part of the main pool filtration. I agree it is not, which is why I bought the enhances coverage to cover the spa portion. It is now a matter of principle to get a fair and equitable outcome. Off to small claims.

Hi Melissa,
I apologize for the frustration regarding your A/C repair problems as well as your dryer service request. I understand that we did not meet your expectation of service. I would like to have your concerns researched and reviewed. We don't take your complaint lightly and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Our homeowners feedback is the best catalyst for change. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your post has been submitted for review and you will be contacted by Landmark shortly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 18, 2017

Our AC went out last summer, July of 2016 (summer in Texas). It took more than a week to get someone out through the warranty company, then when they did, they had to order a 'part'. And, of course, some of that wasn't 'covered' (freon). (And I paid more than $200 for that repair). Took at least 3 weeks to finally repair. Fast forward to February 2017, we get ONE hot day and realize it's not working again - same unit. Due to 'leak detection' and freon not being 'covered', once again, I pay over $300 to get it 'fixed'. Since that repair, we haven't had a hot day until March 18th 2017, and realize, for the third time, the SAME AC is not working again.

I called Landmark today, and they tell me that we are outside of the 30 warranty for the repair that was done about 35 days ago. So, I must contact the company that came out and see if they will warranty their work. Granted, it might not be the same issue. So, if they won't 'cover' the repair, then, I will be paying ANOTHER $65 copay. What a SCAM!!! How likely is it that my AC would go out 3 times for three completely unrelated items that were not caught in prior visits - all in the last 8 months? So, the coverage isn't very good and neither are the repairmen.

Of course, something will probably NOT be covered this time as well. I have left a message for the company, which isn't opened today, so I will see what the resolution is at that point, but right now, I am tremendously dissatisfied with my 'home warranty'. Another issue I had is that mid-February my dryer went out. I called to get it repaired and was told that my coverage had changed upon renewal and that I no longer 'have' coverage on my dryer. There was no clear communication about this change at all. However, this DID work to my benefit. I figured out what was wrong with the dryer myself (heater coil) and it cost me $16 to repair after purchasing the item online. I had it fixed myself in a week.

So, do yourself a favor, and don't go with this company. I have had them for a few years now and they cost WAY more than they save. If I had this 'coverage' for my dryer, I would have spent a $65 copay and who knows how much for things they won't cover. And, it would have probably taken forever to get it repaired. I did request for a customer service agent to reach out to me about my coverage changes. No one ever called me back. I will not be renewing with them again.

Resolution response: March 20, 2017

The work was completed on 3/17/17 and the unit seems to be in working order. I will advise further should I experience any further issues with it.

The assistance provided since the middle of last week was timely and I'm happy Landmark was able to finally get the ball rolling. That said, it doesn’t excuse the number of problems, delays and excuses that I experienced with this claim. To reiterate, it never should have taken 3 weeks to resolve my HVAC problem.

In any case, I trust that should service be required on anything going forward, that my experience will be far more seamless and expedient than what took place this time through.

Hello Jon,
I apologize for this frustrating claim experience. This is not the type of resolution we are known for. There have been delays with parts and I do understand that you have been left without a working HVAC system. I am very sorry that you have been waiting for so long. My system review shows that the contractor was scheduled for this morning at 8am. This is the last update that I see in the system. If your A/C is still not working please call us at 1-866-306-2999.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 15, 2017

I filed a claim on 2/24/17 with Landmark for a heat pump/air conditioning problem. Their contractor diagnosed the problem on 2/27/17, however, to date it has not yet been resolved. In the days and weeks since the problem was diagnosed, I have run into nothing but ongoing problems, delays and excuses as to why my heat pump/air conditioning has not yet been fixed. The most recent (but far from the only) problem is that the contractor has apparently not been able to get hold of the necessary part. I have been advised of at least three different dates that part was supposed to arrive. Each time I follow up, I've been told the part has not come in. The fact that I am the one that needs to track down the status of the part is indicative of the ongoing challenges I've faced trying to get my problem resolved. It isn't or at least shouldn't be my job to conduct follow up with any regularity.

My concerns and expectations have been clearly communicated to Landmark and their contractor on several occasions, all to no avail. Prior to posting this complaint, I reached out to one of their Online Reputation Specialists to seek their assistance in order obtain a resolution and avoid making a public complaint. Unfortunately, the response I received was inadequate as it did not provide a plan that provides an expedient resolution to my concerns.

To be clear, Landmark Home Warranty has a contractual obligation to either fix my heat pump/air conditioning unit, replace it or provide a cash payout. Their inability to locate the part does not exonerate them from their obligation to me. It's very simple, if they can't obtain the part then Landmark needs to replace the entire unit or pay me out. They cannot continue to put my claim in an indefinite holding pattern. This has left me without HVAC for nearly 3 weeks. In the meantime, high temperatures in my area are now reaching the low 90s with temps forecast to be approaching 100 degrees by the end of the week. I am thoroughly unimpressed with the embarrassingly sloppy business practices Landmark Home Warranty employs and I don't believe they have acted in good faith with respect to their contractual obligations to me.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We have been with Landmark Home Warranty for over a year and recently filed our first claim on February 24, 2017. It was approved on February 28th and the initial contractor visit was March 3rd. A replacement part is required for the repair. My understanding is that Landmark must provide the part to the contractor. They are refusing to do this even though the claim has been approved. At least that is what I must assume as the customer service personnel also refuse to return our telephone calls. We have called three times, left three messages over a two-week period with no response. The contractor has not had any better luck in getting a response regarding the status of the required part. This is absolutely unacceptable for a professional business. At this point I will not be remaining with Landmark and encourage others to look elsewhere for a home warranty.

Hello Jeffrey,

I apologize that Landmark’s Warranty did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for your frustrating claim experience. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

In regards to all Real Estate transactions; Landmark does not work with lending companies or officers. Real Estate agents and Brokers have been provided with 4 coverage options. It is the Realtors knowledge of the home and coverage options that decide which warranty is purchased. Landmark provides warranty options for the seller, but does not determine which coverage is chosen. While I understand the clear frustration with your coverage options, Landmark was not party to the option purchased. At the time of closing, a warranty contract was provided with detailed coverage information. I am sorry that we were not able to upgrade your contract. The upgrade request should have been provided through the Real Estate agent and the seller.

Should you need additional assistance with claims or coverage information, you are welcome to call our Claims Department at 1-866-306-2999.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 12, 2017

We moved into the house and part of it was a one year home warranty. My realtor came up with Landmark Home Warranty and we're still under its one year. We tried to submit a claim twice and one was rejected. When the home warranty was bought for us, our mortgage company didn't add on the septic, the well, and the water softener, which are all add-ons. The frustrating thing is that Landmark piecemeal it all together and our loan officer who purchased it didn't realize that. Landmark also doesn't do a good job of marketing that and letting people know because nobody knew until we went to do a claim. Two weeks after we moved in, the pump quit for the septic system and we had to pay for that $1,200 cash out of pocket. They absolutely refused to reimburse since it's not in their policy and said that we couldn't add it on because it's pre-existing.

The people we've dealt with have been nice but the way the whole plan is set up is very deceiving. We weren't informed or didn’t have any part of the purchase of the plan so we didn't know anything about it. But they could've done a better job with our loan officer and asked a few questions like if there's a septic system or a well, knowing that all those are add-ons, instead of just taking our money and saying here's the basic plan and this is what you're gonna get. Landmark Home Warranty looked good on the outside but it's very hard for people to know what they're getting. In our experience, we didn't get the right coverage and they obviously didn't help sell the right coverage.

Hi Bobby,

Wow! Thank you for such glowing feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Landmark. We're glad to have you in our Landmark Family. We always seek to provide every valued homeowner with an excellent service experience. It's great to get feedback on our contractors as well. We vet and hire independent contractors and want to make sure you are feeling valued from the service end as well. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 11, 2017

I had two options for home warranty and I picked Landmark. It's been an outstanding experience with them and they're very customer-friendly. They always answer the call right away. The claims process was very easy too. I did online one time and in the second time, I called in and talked to a lady who helped me out. It's been very positive with their claims representative. They're very understanding and sound cheerful on the phone when I call. Recently I had a water leak in my home that flooded my house. I needed a response and answers, and they were very attentive.

The contractors that they hook me up with have been good folks too. I've always called the same people every time I needed something. So, they know me. I've had two technicians whom I've dealt with, one for plumbing and the other for an appliance issue, and they've both been outstanding. I plan on staying with Landmark. They provide a very good service and it's convenient when I call to place a request. I also get immediate email that the request has gone through and the vendor that could call if I want to get in touch with them sooner. I had American Home Shield before and Landmark is a lot better.

Hello Abiodun,

I am so sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. This complaint will be reviewed immediately. Thank you for giving Landmark this opportunity to address your concerns. I want to apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. We will research what occurred during this situation right away. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly. You will be contacted shortly to provide an update on our review and gather additional information if necessary. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need anything.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 9, 2017

I submitted a claim for my microwave which stopped working less than two weeks after I moved into my property. I just closed on this property Feb. 10, 2017 and moved in a week after. Claim was filed March 1, 2017 and the technician showed up March 7, 2017. He checked the microwave and said he needs to order a part and he left. So I called Landmark to enquire how long it is going to take to get my microwave fixed. So, the representative said they have not gotten the report from the technician. The next day I got this email from Landmark representative:

1st email. "Thank you for giving Landmark Home Warranty the opportunity to serve you. At this point in time Lua & Sons Service has visited your home and provided Landmark with the following: Diagnosis from Lua & Sons Service: UNIT HAS A BAD MAGNETRON AND DIODE. THEY HAVE BEEN SHORTED OUT. (DUE TO GREASE FROM COOKING) Unfortunately, the requested repairs are not covered under the umbrella of your warranty. Explanation: Because the failure above was caused by normal wear and tear. Landmark will not be able to provide coverage at this point in time. As stated in our contract: Section A Part 2 Have become inoperable due to normal usage after the effective date of this Contract and are reported during the term of this Contract. You can work with the contractor and get the repair done."

"Additional Assistance: At this point in time Lua & Sons Service is willing to assist you in completing the repair outside the coverage limitation of the home warranty, as a Landmark customer. If you would like to receive an alternative recommendation, or have any questions in regards to coverage, please reply to this email or call me at 866-306-2999. Thank you."

I am really amazed at the report from the technician that grease from cooking short-circuited the magnetron and the diode. First, the microwave is about 3ft above the stove, also the panel of the microwave is enclosed not exposed so I don't see how the oil from the stove can get to the panel. Secondly, oil is insulative (poor conductors) and not conductive in nature. Also, we just closed on this house Feb. 10, 2017, and moved in Feb. 17, 2017. This unit worked for few days after we moved in. I called Melissa to get an update and said "sorry we cannot cover this claim," that I need to talk to the technician. In conclusion: I bought a year warranty to cover my home appliance because of unforeseen circumstances. I was charged $70 upfront as a service call charge. A new microwave will only cost $180. Somebody, please help!

Landmark Home Warranty Company Profile