Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
2.84/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Landmark Home Warranty

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

BOTTOM LINE

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

PROS

• System tune-ups
    • No-fault coverage included
    • Pest control

CONS

• Coverage not available in all states

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

12/02/2018

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

03/12/2019

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
      • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
      Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
      Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
      * Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
      • Water softener
      • Well pump
      • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

1620 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

The A/C was not working. We called the Landmark Home Warranty. They sent a technician. The technician diagnosed that it should be replaced. Another technician was sent, he said he fixed it, but not, then they sent a third one and he confirmed that the condenser unit required a replacement. They changed and it is working. Although we were dealing with it for three weeks, the weather was ok. They followed up in every step and were very kind to help as much as possible.

Victoria,

Thank you for your feedback! Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a professional and timely manner. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Cheyenne

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 12, 2019

We have, unfortunately, had to use our home warranty through Landmark Home Warranty several times. Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone!

Dear Kelley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home and hope to continue providing you with remarkable service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Customer Relations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This was my first time using a home warranty, our dishwasher was leaking pretty bad. I submitted a ticket online, and within a few hours the service company contacted me and set up a appointment. The service company had to order the part so they said it would be a couple days to get fixed. Landmark followed up with new and the company to make sure my problem was fixed as soon as possible. Overall it was a great experience.

Dear Bryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We have never had a home warranty before. Bought this home a year ago. Have had 4 different times when we needed to use our warranty. Landmark was there 100%. They have taken care of each claim quickly and efficiently. 4 different contractors, plumber, electrician, appliance and heating have been here. Each and everyone called and set up an appointment within a few hours. They took care of each claim and had our problems solved in timely manners. We were so impressed with Landmark's agents and contractors that we renewed our warranty. 5 stars to Landmark and to their contractors.

Dear Glenda,

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was gifted a home warranty when I bought my home in May 2018. I've had to call Landmark twice since I bought my house: to get my home get re-keyed and my heater broke. The reps are friendly and make my service calls seamless. They send out reputable contractors (that have also been amazing). I will be continuing my home warranty when it ends in May 2019.

Dear Jenienne,

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Landmark warranty let me down big time. A contractor never showed to do a.c. work so I called home warranty to help me fix it and talk to them. They promised to call back in an hour and never did. So I go let down on both sides. I will not use their services again and once it expires I will not renew. Terrible.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I've tried to make my first request for a work order and I keep hearing, you have to wait 24-48 hours, even after the 48 hour period. They are powerless to guarantee any timeframe. I keep hearing from them to please wait, please wait. We have to wait for the local contractor to accept the request. I've spent at least 2 hours now working on this problem and I still have a tenant without the appliance they need. What a waste of time and money this warranty is. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Quite the opposite. I recommend you do not purchase a home warranty with this company.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

My wife and I recently purchased a home and were forced to choose a home warranty. This company was recommended to us. Do not go with this company. I have tried at least four time to correct my email address with them and have yet to receive an email from them. We have tried to submit a service request, but are unable to follow up on it because of the poor communication. They do not understand what warranty usually means and base their contractual service on "initiating" service.

To clarify, the company I work for bases our warranty coverage on if the damage was caused by the customer or something else, and in regard to service time, we are obliged to be on site by a certain time and have the issue resolved by a certain time (barring the need to order parts). Landmark Home Warranty will only cover normal use, and not other incidents beyond the control of the customer (e.g. a power failure, storms, "acts of God", etc.). Also, they consider a text or phone call "initiating" service and have no guarantee or hint of estimated resolution. So when they say they will initiate service within 48 hours, that actually means you will receive some sort of communication from them (if they have your information correct) within that time. There is no time given for resolution, that could be weeks away. Also, their 24/7 service does not include nights or holidays. So be sure your covered systems don't break down then.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Our AC went out day before last, and we are STILL trying to get someone to help. It's been over 100 degrees during the day, and about 90 at night. Our thermostat says it's been 95 inside of our home. Yesterday, we tried calling Landmark to see what they could do, as we could not stand being in the heat. When we first called, we filed a claim and were told that we would receive an email from the "contractor relations officer" within 4 hours. We explained that we couldn't wait that long and needed help asap. The rep stated that this was the only thing they could do, as he was only in the call center (Philippines) and the email would contain info on our solution. We received an email stating that a particular company was who would come out, however when calling that company they were closed for the next two days.

We waited another hour, and called Landmark back. Spoke with a rep and "supervisor" both did not help in any way. We asked what we could do because we couldn't sit around and wait for an email. We were told "not to worry" and "rest assured" that help was on the way. It was now 5:30 in the evening, and still nothing. I called back, and explained our frustration. I asked if they would reimburse us for a hotel stay because we could not sleep in the house at 95 degrees. I also asked what I was supposed to do, as the contractor they referred was closed for another 2 days. They stated that I still had to wait on the contractor relations team and that he made an emergency ticket with notes about our situation.

I asked for corporate information to file a complaint. He did not understand what corporate meant. I broke it down and he said he was "not allowed" to give us any information. He said that we could email the customercare@landmarkhw.com but I told him I had already emailed that earlier with no response. I asked how often they check that email - he said they're closed on the weekends. I then asked him what they do in these scenarios where there's an emergency, and he said that the contractor relations manager would be best. I asked for an email or phone for that person, and he could not provide the information. I asked their name, and he did not provide it.

I stated that on their website it says they won an award for customer service, but I was not sure how when we were not getting any response or help. He apologized and kept speaking about this email we were supposed to receive within 4 hours. Frustrated, I asked what they would do to compensate us for our time and he said I could call the "authorizations department" in the morning. Today is here, and as I have been writing this review have been on hold for 40 minutes. This company sucks, I will not be renewing our warranty with them. And I will be sharing this review on other websites as well.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Don’t trust this company. I had leaking fridge, the contractor said that the fridge is very old and couldn’t be fixed, it needs to be replaced. He cleaned it and say that there is no warranty so if I will have the same problem again I need to call to this home warranty company and they will replace the fridge. In a month I called the company with the same problem. They sent me another contractor (of course I had to pay again) and he said already another problem and this problem is not covered by the warranty!!!! How do you like it!!! They found the new contractor who tells what is good for company.

I even think that new contractor is fake one! He didn’t do anything with my fridge and spent at least 5 minutes!!! But his conclusion about the problem of my fridge is more important than the conclusion of the first contractor. I asked to send another one but the company refused in a very rude form, said that the file is closed!! Don’t waste your time, money and nerves for this company!!

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
      Plumbing system$800–$1,000
      Refrigerant$20 per pound
      Subterranean termite treatment$700
      Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
      2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
      3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
      4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
      5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information