Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Michael,
Thank you for the honest review. You are a valued homeowner. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on Landmark.
Elise Nye | Senior Reputation Specialist | Landmark Home Warranty

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: June 2, 2016

The AC repairman was on time, very experienced and knowledgeable about his job. He worked on the AC in a very safe manner.

Hello Debbie,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with Landmark so far. I especially appreciated the remarks about the contractor that resolved your water heater issue. We value every homeowner and always seek to provide a positive claim resolution. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Landmark Home Warranty came with the house that we bought and our realtor told me how good it was. Their claim process, either online or call, was very simple. Their reps have always been courteous, prompt and very organized. They get things done, keep us up on things and they correspond via email a lot about the progress of the claim. So far, we haven't had any problems. We’ve had a few claims and it's been a really good experience.

Their technician was awesome. When we had a claim with the water heater, I just left him there. I trusted him to do his part because I had to go to work, and he was very professional. He explained everything that he was going to do and he left it very clean after. I couldn't even tell that I had a water heater problem. I was really impressed. He even marked it on the water heater on the day that he did it so I wouldn't guess when it was installed which was was cool. Overall, they're outstanding and very positive. We hope that things won't happen that we have to have a warranty. But when it does, they follow through and I have peace of mind. I like the way they run their business and how they correspond with us so we're never left hanging and they take care of things right away.

Hi Tariq,

I am sorry to hear about this frustrating situation with your dishwasher. I would like to offer my assistance and see if there is anything I can do to expedite this resolution. I apologize that our contractor did not meet your expectations. Your complaint has been noted. This will be reported to our Contractor Relations Department. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Your experience is not taken lightly. I want to assure you that management is diligently working to make sure that our valued homeowners have a positive claim experience. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My dishwasher went bad. Landmark sent an appliance technician and the technician said it is an electrical problem. So I paid $60 (for Appliance) and another $60 (Electrician). The electrician came and said the main electric power was knocked down. He fixed it and the dishwasher ran. After 3 days same issue. I called Landmark and they sent the appliance technician. The technician said "DISHWASHER causing the electrical failure". And he said "the unit needs to be replaced." On Monday I got a call from Monday and said they will replace the unit. In the same day another Landmark customer service called me and said they need to have 2nd opinion!!!

I have taken off from work 3 days. And I know the new appliance technician will say that no power and we need to call the electrician because the unit is knocking down. So I am in loop of this Landmark process. This is my last year and will not renew my contract with them. And also, the contractor Landmark sends are not a good contractor. I think I have enough with Landmark!

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate you providing feedback on your claim experiences. Feedback regarding your service is the greatest catalyst for change. It's important to be honest. I am sorry to hear that you have cancelled your warranty with Landmark. You are a valued homeowner and I am sorry that you were not made to feel that way. I want to assure you that your concerns regarding the Claims Manager and our Contractors will be reported right away. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on these claims. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Without a doubt Landmark Home Warranty company has the absolute worse customer service I have ever experienced. My stove is not functioning correctly and when I called for a service request they told me that because fire was involved that it was an act of God. Well no crap... fire was involved with an issue with my gas stove. Not only is the company terrible, they contract with the worst of the worst local contractors. Only once decent contractor was sent to my house out of 5 very routine service calls.

I canceled my contract today because if your service request is too expensive this company will hide behind a term in their contract. For example, I requested a service call because my water heater wasn't heating water consistently. The service rep asked if the water heater was making any noises and I said yes, then right away the rep said "noises aren't covered, your request has been denied." I wouldn't waste my time with this warranty company ever again. This is a terrible managed company with terrible customer service and terrible local contractors.

Hello James,

I appreciate you taking a moment to provide some feedback on your experience with Landmark thus far. I appreciate your rating overall. I am sorry there was some confusion and delay on our part. It's great to hear the dishwasher is now working. I am sorry about the confusion with the additional service request. It looks like the claims manager was noting your call and may have mistakenly opened a service request. It is not open now and will not have any bearing on your warranty service. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Our real estate agent recommended Landmark. He talked about his prior experience with Landmark clients that he had, the claims that they had filed with Landmark and how accommodating they were. I only made one claim and it was for our dishwasher. The claim process went smoothly, however, the tech had to make multiple trips and didn't seem to know what he was doing and he finally figured out what the problem was on the third trip. He was a real nice guy though and maybe he couldn't figure it out right away because of the brand of dishwasher. It's a Bosch. Maybe it has some odd features because it's not a standard consumer brand although it is widely sold.

I also made one inquiry, which surprised me because they handled it as though I had submitted a claim, which I thought was incorrect. We were doing remodeling, and during the course of remodeling, we found that there was some water damage in the sub-flooring. Our contractor said that it was a result of a leak in the roof. I called to find out if a leak that pre-existed was covered and they said that it wasn't. Shortly after that inquiry, I received an email stating that the claim that we had made had been rejected. But there never was a claim that was placed and it was simply an inquiry as to whether or not there would be coverage for that type of situation. But other than that, my experience with Landmark has been excellent and I'm very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Hello Alfredo.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your claims with Landmark. I am sorry to hear that your washing machine claim did not meet your expectations. I want to assure you that you are a valued homeowner and we do not take your feedback lightly. The issues with the contractors will be presented to our Contractor Relations Department for review immediately. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Elise Nye | Online Reputation Manager | Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I've had Landmark since October when I bought the house. The sale came with a one-year warranty and the lady that sold the house was the one that picked out Landmark. I've called them about three times. One is for the air conditioner and one was for my stove. The second time, everything worked out real good. The guy that came out answered the phone right away and called me back within an hour and that's how that turned out. But this last time was an issue.

My washer was broken. When I called them to get it looked at, they gave me a couple of phone numbers of the contractors. So, I called one contractor and they didn't answer the phone. I called the other one and she called me back. I asked her about when somebody will come and check my washer. I gave her my address and she said that they don't service our area. I asked her why Landmark gave their number, and she said that she doesn't know. Then, she hung up and she was rude. That was a lot of waste of my time. Because I do work, I'm busy, and I run a business. I don't have anybody that does this for me, I have to do it myself.

Then I tried the other guy and this was on a Monday. We then had a problem with scheduling. He said, "I can be there be there on Thursday from 9:00 to 12:00." I declined as my wife is out of time and I work. I can't just stop what I'm doing because I run a couple of jobs. I told him that he can do it on Friday at 3:00 so I can take off early or 2:00. He then declined. So, again, those two people were a complete waste of time. I kept calling and this one particular issue, I had to call Landmark four times. I'm not real happy with them right now.

The third time I called, I was irate with them because of this issue and the guy handled it pretty good. They sent me a guy and I had to call him like three times. I was about to give up and throw my washer away and just buy a new one when he finally calls me and he shows up. I told him, "I can be here 'till 3:00 the following day." He came in and did the evaluation and it turned out that the washer was gonna cost more than they wanted to spend. I waited and they gave me some cash out money for it that paid at least for half of the washer. I ended up buying a new one which was my first instinct.

I've used American Shield before and I never had an issue with them. Landmark needs to do a little research and not waste people's time by sending any subcontractors that pops up. But as far as the dispatchers, they're pretty nice and were all very pleasant. They probably didn't know that they were giving those numbers.

Hello Julie,

Thank you providing me the opportunity to address your concerns posted online. I understand that it is very frustrating to find out something is not covered under the warranty. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. I am sorry that your service request was not opened as expected.

Your feedback is important to Landmark. Your concern is not taken lightly. I assure you that Landmark always sticks to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow the procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation.

You have our Value Package Warranty. On 1/8/2017 you called Landmark to open a service request. In your statement regarding the repair request, you said that there was a broken pipe outside and it was flooding the basement.

I cannot imagine how frustrating that must have been. I am sorry that Landmark was not able to open a claim for the broken pipe.

Per the warranty:

A. SERVICE OVERVIEW
#2 - LHW will provide service on listed covered systems or appliances that:
a) are installed and located within the perimeter of the Main Foundation and Garage (attached or detached). Additional living space in garages or separate from main home are not covered unless additional Option chosen. Systems or appliances located on the exterior or the outside of the home (including porch and patio) are not covered (with exception of items marked with an “*”). Any additional detached structures are not covered unless specified as an Option.
b) were properly installed and in good and safe working order on the Effective Date of this Contract.
c) have become inoperable due to normal usage after the Effective Date of this Contract.

d) are reported during the term of this Contract.

I know this issue has been inconvenient for you. We honestly do our best to take care of our homeowners.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

We purchased Landmark Home Warranty when we bought our new home because they were highly HIGHLY recommended by those finalizing our home purchase. Since moving into our new home, we have had 3 floods in our basement from 3 different causes, none of which were covered by Landmark Home Warranty business due to the extensive listing of exclusions. The long list of exclusions was probably determined from historical data indicating the most common costs to the company to find ways to save payouts. We will discontinue our contract beyond its first year given that we are ultimately responsible for pre-existing problems with the home. The added expense of supporting a company that evades responsibility for the most common sources of home issues is not an investment in peace of mind.

We have had Landmark Home Warranty for two months now. I cannot say enough how awful this company is. They refused to help our family fix the furnace. The temp outside was 5 degrees and we have 2 kids, 6 and 5 years old. They did not care about our kids being cold. They told us that we would have to wait for two days until normal business hours to get the problem fixed. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A HOME WARRANTY COMPANY, STAY FAR AWAY FROM LANDMARK.

Hello Judith,

Thank you for using Landmark on a second property. We are thrilled to hear that our homeowners want to keep us when they move. Congratulations on the new home! I apologize for the miscommunication on your home inspection. I am glad it was sorted out. I appreciate your patience in the matter as well. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I had Landmark on my last house and I was happy so that's why I said I wanted it done through Landmark the second time when I bought this house. When I called them to have my refrigerator fixed, they gave me somebody right away. Then the girl said she needed paperwork on it and I didn't have any. But they covered it anyway.

Submitting the claim was very easy and the whole thing went very well. The technician was very helpful and fixed the problem. But after it was done, they wanted to know if the appliances were inspected before I moved in and if I have the inspection reports. I didn't have those reports and when I asked my realtor about it, she said she has never heard of them wanting an inspection report sent to them for a home warranty. Also, I didn't have one the last time I got a home warranty from them on my last house. I was there for almost a year and never had any problems with them. So it kind of surprised me why they wanted an inspection report on the appliances. But it was just miscommunication and it was straightened out. I wasn't billed for it then I got an email saying that it was taken care of.

Hi Steve,
Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback on your experiences with Landmark and the contractors we hire. I appreciate your feedback. We always seek to provide our valued homeowners with a positive and timely resolution. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I've had four claims with Landmark Home Warranty and I submitted them all online. I like it like that and I don't have to deal with anybody. It took a couple of days for one of them to get back to me. It's an old house and one of the claims involved the unbelievably small oven that died. The oven that Landmark sent to replace it wouldn't fit where the old one was located. I'm going to have to rip out that whole side of the wall and all the cabinets to make a new oven fit eventually. So they said they'll give me $300 instead and I said that's better than nothing. But it took six weeks to get the $300 and I had to remind them that they had to send me the money. I would have rather had an oven.

Another one of my claims involved the air conditioning and the guy who came out to fix it was great. The toilet guy was also great and he taught me a couple of tricks. The last guy came for a shower valve that went out and he got here late in the day. I don't know if he was tired. I wasn't too impressed with him and he put the valve in backwards. It's an easy fix. The hot water was the wrong way and all he had to do was screw one thing and twist the valve 90 degrees. But still, he did it wrong. They also send marketing emails that are too many for me. Overall, however, I've been pleased and I'd recommend Landmark to anybody that asked. They do what they say they're going to do.

Hello Sarena,
I apologize for the frustrating situation regarding you oven. We received updated information from you husband and are working to provide a positive resolution. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this claim. We will get you taken care of.
Best Wishes.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

In July 2016 we bought a house which included a home warranty from Landmark. In early December, my double wall ovens quit. My husband called Landmark and they sent out a technician, which we paid $60 for. Their technician said the ovens were irreparable and would have to be replaced. The original ovens are 30".

Landmark is trying to force us to accept a 24" double wall oven as a replacement, saying they don't match for size. My husband said "So If I was calling about a full size fridge, you could replace it with an apartment size one?" The lady said "Well, no. We do match for capacity."

So the next question is "In what universe does a 24" oven have the same capacity as a 30" oven?" We have sent them photos of our ovens with a tape measure on it, just as they requested. But they continue to insist that the 24" oven is comparable. It is physically impossible! We are so frustrated with this that my husband is preparing to call the Insurance Commissioner. He works with insurance companies every day and knows the steps to take. But why do we have to go that far? Is trying to cheat people standard operating procedure for this company?

Hi Duane,
I am sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with you water heater. We do seek to always provide a positive claim experience for every valued homeowner. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

When we bought our home here we got a home warranty. The company Landmark Home Warranty. This morning my beautiful wife Roslyn ** says we don't have hot water. I go downstairs and look at the water heater and it's not warm at all. I try lighting the pilot light. Nothing. So I call the home warranty and tell them the water heater needs to be replaced or looked at. They said "Sure. Let's get some info and we will get it started." They said, "We can come out Tuesday or Wednesday." Dude... It's Friday and you expect me to go without hot water for showers and etc... Called a local plumber and boom he was here. Have us options for what to do and replaced the old water heater. I have 0 love for Landmark Home Warranty.

Hi Tami,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide a rating on your experience. Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback. You are a valued homeowner and we don't take your concerns with the contractors lightly. This has been brought to the attention of our Contractor Relations Department. They will address this situation with the contractors involved. We apologize about any delays/or disappointments in service and want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that situations like these do not occur again. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner for our homeowners. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I got Landmark Home Warranty when we moved. The people we deal from them have been pretty good, but the vendors that they send out are not. We've had a couple that came and I could tell they're not very experienced at what they're doing. They're either really slow to call or follow up to make the appointment. One of them was here literally for 10 minutes. He walked in, and said that I need an air conditioning company and to call somebody else but I think they will send a bill. If they do, I won't pay for it because he came at the end of the day and was two hours late. But the customer service from Landmark has been calling to follow up so that's good. I'm somewhat satisfied with them but sometimes, I choose to use somebody else because we thought it would be faster.

Hi Darrell,
Thank you for providing Landmark this opportunity to address your concerns. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. I do understand the frustration you are having with this garage door spring issue. I have pulled your complaint and will research what occurred during this situation right away. If you could please reach out to myself directly at enye@landmarkhw.com I would like the opportunity to acquire more information and provide an appropriate resolution. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

One of my Door springs was broke. The other worn out. They replaced one but refused to replace the second... HUGE Safety Issue! This door could come down on me or one of my family members at any time. They only fixed half of the problem -- with their Half-Assed Warranty. This company is notorious for fixing and re-fixing Home Warranty items that should have been replaced, and charging service calls time and time again, then denying replacement claims. I have had 2 contracts with this company, NO MORE! Fool me once "Shame on You"... "Fool me twice shame on me". Read the other reviews, my experience with these guys has been well chronicled in the other complaints. Steer clear of this shady company!

Hello Traci,

I apologize for the poor service experience thus far. I understand the frustration with your oven repair. I am uncertain why it is taking so long to receive the part. I assure you that I will reach out to the parts department today and see how I can expedite this service request. Should you have additional concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Bought a house this year and was pleased to know it came with a home warranty good for one year. On November 15th 2016 I called for service on my oven. Landmark sent out a service man the very next day, we were responsible to pay the $60 service fee. The service man told us our oven was not to be turned on for safety reasons. It has now been over a month and still we have no oven.

We have called Landmark several times just to be told the part is on order and will be here this week. That's every week for 4 weeks. After calling last night to find out the status again my husband asked them what a reasonable amount of time was to wait to receive the part and was told indefinitely. This is unacceptable seeing as how it has already been over a month and still no estimated time on part delivery. We have gone through Thanksgiving and now Christmas with no oven and no definite answer as to when it will be fixed. This company is terrible.

Hello Barbara,
I appreciate you sharing your experience with your A/C repair. That is definitely not the type of service you should have as a valued homeowner. I would like to look into this and see what I can do to help. Please contact me directly if you have any questions or additional information.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Landmark Home Warranty came with the house that I bought. So far, I have submitted three claims with them. A couple of them was all right. One was a problem and they were never able to resolve it. One of their contractors was not totally honest and charged me extra that he shouldn’t have. The claim was for my air conditioning system and the tech came out and fixed the leak. He came back to put Freon in and told me that he had to add extra, which was more than he was authorized to do. And then, he said I have to pay more, so I wrote him the check. A month later, the system started acting up again and they sent out another technician from a different company, and the guy had to take Freon out because the other guy put too much in. Because it was over a month, I had to pay another service fee. And then, I was told they were going to try to get the money that the first technician charged me, and they never did.

Hello Alexis,
I am sorry to hear about your poor experience so far. You are a valued homeowner and I apologize that you were not made to feel that way. I would like to look into your contract and see what I can do to assist you. Please contact me directly for any additional questions.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I was initially so excited to hear that my new home came with a wonderful one year warranty. That excitement quickly turned to irritation after their website wouldn't allow me to register my new account. This was followed by 30 minutes on hold and a transfer to some random salesperson's voicemail. Never received a call back from him. My request to have their automated system return my call never worked, either. Just to verify my account exists, then to possibly arrange for the rekey service on my locks was a complete failure. The following week, we had some electrical issues and problems with the oven. I miraculously reached a live person this time. Again, my excitement became irritation as the rep proceeded to tell me my issues did not qualify for coverage. Will I renew this "comprehensive" coverage once my year is up? Hahaha! NOPE.

Hi Katie,
I am sorry to hear about this clearly frustrating situation. It is not fun to be stuck without an A/C in the summer. I apologize that we were not able to service your claim within the warranty. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. I apologize that Landmark did not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I submitted a claim for our AC unit in June of 2016. This was a follow-up of an original claim where they came and checked everything to make sure it was working. When the technician came he said that the unit was 25+ years old, was not up to government standards and had years of animal urine on it. We purchased the house in August of 2015, so all of that was out of our control. The original technician told Landmark HW that the unit needed to be replaced. They sent out another technician from a different company roughly a month later. This 2nd technician told Landmark HW the same thing.

After many follow-up calls and emails from me to find out the status of the claim, the ball finally gets rolling. Then today, 6 months after my original claim I receive a phone call saying that my claim can't be completed because it's a pre-existing condition and the unit was not maintained. Why would a home buyer purchase a home warranty unless it's for those reasons? I can assure you that I will never purchase a Landmark HW contract again.

Hello Doug,
I apologize for your frustrating claim experience. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

We contacted Landmark regarding an installed microwave with an error message on the digital read out, that beeped every 30 seconds unless unplugged. They sent a repair person, who upon inspection - said it had a bad board, and would have to be ordered. Landmark then contacted us saying they wanted our inspection report and it might not be covered since it's a pre-existing problem. We purchased this policy to cover just those types of possible issues. This is a new home for us, and though their Customer Service person is nice on the phone - this falls below our expectations of coverage.

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for providing feedback on this experience. I apologize for the obvious frustration associated with this last experience with our renewals department. All feedback is the greatest catalyst for change. Your comments are not taken lightly. I am sorry to hear that we are losing a valued homeowner. Should you ever need anything, please feel free to contact me directly.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

After paying above standard pricing for several years, I have had nothing but bad communication with this company. This particular instance is not the first time I have had this issue. Most recently, I have called billing and a very kind woman in billing returned my call but referred me to renewals so I can review all of the current changes to the warranty as well as the price increase. After leaving several messages in renewals, I finally called and let them know how upset I was. STILL no call back!

Finally I got a call back from Allen in renews who left me a message, but still has not returned my call back to him. After literally 6-8 messages and 1 response from the renewal department, I am done with this company. Even when I was on hold with a customer service representative, after nearly 30 minutes we were disconnected and she never bothered to call me back! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I just switched to American Home Shield. They fall into the top 3 on every website I visit for consumer reviews!

Hello Gary,

I apologize for this experience. I know this was very frustrating for you. I would like to see if I can review this situation and find an appropriate resolution.Would you please contact me directly. I'd like to clarify a few things and get some updated information, so I can move forward with my review.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Pool motor went out and Landmark sent their pool vendor; vendor sent pics and alleged a pool service tech turned on the backwash system and flooded the motor thus denied the claim. Two independent pool firms that I requested as other opinions (without mentioning the specifics - just tell me why the motor is not operable) strongly disagreed with the vendors assessment; one submitted in writing why this could not have happened based on the description of what the Landmark vendor stated.

It was clear the vendor did not even know the pool was a salt water vs fresh water pool based on what would happen if the backwash system actually was incorrectly turned on. Initially the Landmark Claims Mgr stated I would be entitled to a second opinion and I would be responsible for the additional service charge which I agreed to pay. Two days later I received a call from someone else stating they refused my request for a second opinion based on the write up and pics provided.

I was denied my right to have a second opinion as I suspect fraudulent activity to protect Landmark so they would not have to replace the pool motor which could have cost them $600+. Both of the pool companies that looked at the system and the Landmark vendor write up stated they believe the vendor purposely flooded the motor because inspection of the system less than 24 hours later revealed a bone dry motor and ground all around the area dry and the temp was in the 50's.

There simply was no other explanation because a backwash would not have flooded the motor compartment. Landmark stood behind their vendor, refused my right to have a second opinion and closed the case. This is a great example of how to screw a loyal customer with more than one warranty. I will never do business with this company again as they have demonstrated unethical practices and do not stand behind their policies. Buyers beware!!

Hi Karim,
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to assist you. I appreciate your willingness to let me work on this issue for you. Thank you for the direct contact, I look forward to finding a resolution for you shortly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I submitted a claim back in August to LM because my salt Cell was not working and not converting the salt to Chlorine. LM sent one of their contractors who came, checked the cell and advised that there was a problem with the cell but he fixed it and everything is working now. 3 months later I noticed that the same issue is happening again and there is no chlorine in the pool, so I called LM again and filed a new claim for the very same issue. This time LM sent a different contractor, whose diagnosis this time was that there is a broken blade inside the cell due to Calcium Build-up and that happened because the cell was not cleaned/maintained and in this case the warranty is voided.

Since this doesn’t make any sense because: A- I have a pool company that maintain my pool on a weekly basis and they clean the cell every 4 to 6 months as recommended by the manufacture. B- The first contractor they sent in August did not mention anything about calcium build-up preventing the cell from functioning (if this was the issue either he would have mentioned that or he would have removed it to make the cell works again). I called LM to dispute this denial. First they asked me for invoices to confirm that the pool is being maintained and I did send them these invoices (attached). Secondly, they requested to speak to the pool company to discuss this issue with them, and they did speak to Mr. Roy Urban from Urban pools. The guy explained to them that he cleaned the pool weekly and cleaning the cell every 4 months and that there is no way that the Calcium build-up would cause the blade inside the cell to break.

To me it looks like, the first contractor they sent back in August didn’t really fix anything but he got the cell to work somehow for few more weeks. Then the second contractor, who came in October, was not able to do the same quick fix so he blamed it on the lack of maintenance which is definitely not true. I am very disappointed at Landmark. I have been with them for several years and I pay almost a thousand dollar every year so I don’t deal with these issues. Yet they are trying to get away from paying this claim by using the very famous excuse of lack of maintenance. But the fact that I had 2 claims in 3 months for the same problem and that the first claim did not mention any maintenance concerns, confirms to me that LM is just trying to save themselves the cost of replacing my salt cell.

Hello Beau,

I appreciate you taking time to provide feedback on your furnace experience.We don't take your concerns lightly and we will address the concerns with the first contractor. It is great to hear you were taken care of in the end. Our homeowners feedback is the greatest catalyst for change. I assure you that you are a valued member of the Landmark Family . Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

The seller of my house provided Landmark Home warranty. Part of the agreement was that they were to pay for the first year of a home warranty, and they went with Landmark. I used it until recently to see what was going on with one of my furnaces. I called to set up a tune-up for my heating unit, and then the rep said it needed to be in working order to happen. They worked when I bought the house, and I haven't used them. Someone told me to test them, and when I did fire them up about a week and a half ago, the fan in one of them wasn't kicking on like it should. At first, I was just curious of what was going on because I know a little bit about AC and heating. The fan kicked on with the AC but not with the heater, so I knew something was wrong, possibly with the capacitor.

I called to change the tune-up to an actual service visit, so the rep just did it right over the phone. I didn't have to file a claim. It was just a simple, "The guy is going to come out. You pay the service fee. If they can fix it, they fix it. If it's not covered, then we'll talk about it." The guy got on site and troubleshot it. It was the capacitor, and he had one in his truck. He replaced it on the spot, and it was a done deal. It was very easy. The technician was super welcoming. I would definitely use that company again if I have to, unlike the first company that was supposed to reach out to me but never did. However, it was about five days before someone contacted me from Landmark to see if I had been contacted by that company. Landmark could have more follow-ups or a shorter follow-up time. Other than that, I am coming up on having to renew for next year, and I'm going to be taking a look at Landmark again to see if it's going to be a good fit for me.

Hello Bruce,
Thank you for taking a minute of your time to provide feedback on your Landmark claim experience. It's always great to hear feedback on the entire experience. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

We had a problem with the heater here in our home. It seemed as though it was not working so I pulled up the file that we had for Landmark Home Warranty then I called the number. A person answered the phone and said the company would help us and get right on it. Then they kept me on the phone and were able to make contact with a contractor that would come and look at the heater.

Then before we got off of the phone she asked if I'd call and confirm the appointment with the contractor. She said she had made an appointment for me but didn't know what time I was available and that the contractors are prepared to set up an appointed time. She gave me the number of the contractor and then as we finished, she asked if there was anything else she can do and I said no and that that was what we needed.

I then called the contractor. An interesting lady answered and said that the technician would be here at a certain time of day and he came almost within 60 seconds of the time they said they would be here! Then he resolved the problem within less than an hour, asked if there was anything else then went through a couple of cycles with the heater. He was really happy after I gave him $100. He was friendly, professional and trusting. The heater has worked perfectly since. We've been fairly satisfied with Landmark for quickly resolving the problem and have been happy with the contractor who solved the problem, and we haven't had any problems since.

Hello Ninfa,

I sincerely apologize for the delayed service. Especially in your time of grief. I am sorry for your loss. I will look into thisimmediately and see how I can get you taken care of right away.

Best,

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I recently purchased a home and my realtor chose landmark as my home warranty. UPON moving in I used them to have the locks re-keyed and exterminated. After being in the home for less than 30 days my heats stopped working so I called landmark and asked if I could choose someone local and was told no, that I only had 1 company that they chose for me to come out and make repairs. After tech came out, he stated that the repairs were over $1000 and that landmark staTed they would pay for parts and labor but I had to pay for freon.

It also stated on the estimate that the $65 dollars I gave for the deductible was credited to Landmark, not me. AND it states in landmark's warranty book that they will be responsible for ALL repairs and up to $20 per pound for freon, which then totaled that I pay for 1/2 of the cost ($565) even though the warranty states they'll pay the $20 per pound.

So I called the regional manager (Amanda **) and he stated he was heading back to AZ and asked that I send him copies of the estimate and what I was needing as an outcome to resolve issue, then he would call me the next day. So I emailed the info. THAT was December 1st and as of today December 9th I have not heard from a single person from Landmark, not Amado nor anyone from Landmark to check and see if the issue has been resolved or what they could so. SO for 9 days I have had no heat and now I am having to stop arranging my son's funeral and send this letter which a grieving mother shouldn't have to do. I would strongly recommend that NO person wanting to have the basic fundamental needs of air or heat EVER use Landmark Home Warranty.

Hi Martin,
I am so glad that Landmark has met your expectations of service. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner. I appreciate your feedback and you taking time to provide it. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I've had a really good experience with Landmark. It's been awesome and I've never had a problem. They have been really fast all the time. The process is really easy. I just call them and they submit the claim. The reps were really professional.

Hello Robert,
I appreciate you taking the time to provide your honest feedback on your experience. It did not go as smooth as we seek to provide. I would like to let you know that we have a new website that will roll out this weekend. We also have a live chat option. We are finalizing an App as well. Your feedback is never taken lightly. I am sorry to hear about the first contractor experience. I am glad we got you taken care of. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Whenever I closed my home, my realtor would recommend Landmark Home Warranty. It was part of the deal. Their claims process is a little confusing because there are several paths, either by phone or by email so I don't know which one is best or works best for me, but the customer service reps are always very attentive. With the first ones I submitted, my claims bounced around between a few different reps. I contacted them at different hours and there were different people so a mobile app or something would make it very easy for me to manage and see which would have been more helpful.

Managing my claims through email was also difficult for me. There's got to be some way to either simplify the emails that go out to us even if they don't have an app. There's so much going on on the headers of the emails and in the body of it it's kind of hard to quickly spot at a glance what's the status of my ticket and what are the next steps that I should take. That kind of stuff would be helpful and the steps of the process shouldn't be that complicated. But their reps gave me excellent customer service. They're obviously well-trained and want to help so I really appreciated that.

However, the first technician who came out took five trips before they finally determined that they need to replace the furnace. They replace it then it broke again shortly thereafter. They never got down to the root cause of the problem and were sometimes hard to get a hold of so I had to ask Landmark not to ever have them come out again. The contractor who came out after them, Reynolds Heating & Air, got down to the bottom of the issue in one day. So whenever I ask Landmark for a specific contractor, I ask for the one that I know that's local and does wonderful work. They were willing to take my recommendation on a contractor and I'm very happy about that. I'll also tweet about my experience. It's obvious that the Landmark frontline support wants to help me as their customer. I know they understand the importance of a home so they make sure that we have contractors along with that vision and that's the important thing.

Hi Renee,
Wow! I am so sorry to hear about your initial experience with your water heater repair. I can completely understand the frustration. I want to assure you that your feedback is not taken lightly and will be shared with the appropriate departments. I am so glad to hear that Brian was able to help solve the problem. We honestly seek to always provide a positive claim experience for each valued homeowner. I appreciate you giving us another chance. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I liked Landmark Home Warranty's service. It’s affordable and they're very easy to submit a claim to, as I can just call or do it online. I never had a problem with them until recently. The day after Thanksgiving, my water heater crashed, burned, and busted open. Immediately, I called Landmark and told them what happened. They gave me a name of a plumber and I tried calling the day after Thanksgiving, so it wasn't a holiday, but I kept getting a voicemail saying that they're open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 6:00. It didn't say that they were closed for the holiday weekend, so I thought that they were working. I tried to call their emergency number, and there was no answer too.

The problem was discovered in my house about 9 o' clock in the morning, but we did not get a hold of a plumber until 11:15 in the morning, and even though I was leaving voicemail after voicemail, I was not being called back. Finally, I called Landmark and they were like, "Well, we gave you a number of the plumber." But that's not acceptable. Everybody that I got was giving me the runaround. A manager I spoke to said that they already gave me the name of a plumber, it's the holiday weekend, and unfortunately, there's nothing they can do. That's not correct. If they have a hundred plumbers and none of them are available, I should be able to call a plumber and they pay for it.

At this point, I’ve got water running out of my garage, flooding it. But the backroom managers kept saying no. After being hung up on by one of them, it was another 20 minutes trying to get reconnected. Finally, I got Brian, who was incredible. I told him Landmark can't just give me names of plumbers and say to me they've fulfilled their obligation. I told Brian, “I want you to pull up my contract now. I want to see in that contract where it states that as long as you’ve given me a number, that’s where it stops for you.” He goes, “Well, we really want to help you.” I said, “Here’s the deal. I pay you every month. I don’t say to you when something happens, 'Well, I don’t pay you and then I call you when something happens and say I really wanted to pay you.’”

So Brian did not stop. He was unbelievable. He called plumbers and sent emails, until finally, a plumber responded back. They came out that day at about 1 o’ clock in the morning. Brian took it upon himself to walk me through how to turn my water off when no one else there cared. He did not rest until he got somebody out to my house. We would have been in five feet of water if it wasn’t for him. I could’ve cancelled my contract with Landmark immediately after this drama, but I didn’t because of Brian.

The tech that arrived was extremely personable and immediately informative. After he checked the problem out, he explained to me what had happened and told me not to worry. He walked me through the process, did a bypass so that we would have water, and stayed there until the entire thing was drained. He was very good. He was also very apologetic because I ripped into him as it was his company that was not answering originally.

That was the first and only time I’ve ever had a problem with Landmark. Everything else went smoothly. There’s been only one time when I called and they said they didn’t cover something--like a vent I have where no air came out. But they’ll cover everything like AC and heating. Now they just need to have meetings on how to be more compassionate to the customers and expand on what they cover. But overall, Landmark is very good at what they do. They’re very pleasant and efficient. I like them, would definitely renew with them, and refer them to friends.

Hello Jennie,
I apologize that this service request did not meet your expectations. We always follow the warranty contract so we may be equitable to every valued homeowner. I want to assure you that the denial was reviewed by several managers.
I would like to clarify the stipulations of the warranty, and why the repair was not covered.
Per the warranty:
A. SERVICE OVERVIEW
#2 - LHW will provide service on listed covered systems or appliances that:
d) are reported during the term of this Contract.

#3 - This Contract does not cover defects known prior to the Effective Date of coverage. Known defects are excluded from coverage until proof of repair(s) is received by us. We provide coverage for unknown conditions if the condition would not have been detectable by the Buyer, Seller, or Agent through visual inspection and simple mechanical test. For example, a simple test would be visual inspection of a heat exchanger for cracks or a carbon monoxide test.

D. THIS CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER:

#1 - Repairs or replacement required as a result of Fire, Freeze, Flood or other Acts of God, Accidents, Vandalism, Improper Installation, Cosmetic Defects, Design Flaws, Manufacturers’ Defects, Structural Defects, Power Failure, Shortage, Surge or Overload, and Inadequate Capacity.

#2 - Failure to Clean or Maintain, Improper Previous or Attempted Repair, Routine Maintenance, Odors, Noises, Damage due to Pests or Pets, Neglect, Misuse, Abuse, Missing Parts, or Adjustments.

#5 - You are responsible for providing Maintenance and cleaning on covered items as specified by the manufacturer to ensure continued coverage on such items. For Example: heating and air conditioning systems require periodic cleaning and/or replacement filters and cleaning of evaporator and condenser
coils.
I do understand your frustration with this issue. For several reasons, Landmark denied you claim as I noted above. I will attach pictures to support this denial. If you would like to submit your home inspection report, we can review the relevant section.
I am sorry that I could not provide a better resolution to your complaint.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

I purchased my home in May of 2015 and have extended my home warranty even after the initial year. I have 2 units in my house, one downstairs and one upstairs. My AC unit in the attic started leaking through the ceiling and I felt the downstairs unit was not cooling properly. So on October 19, I called Landmark to come take a look at both units. They sent a repairman who reported that he couldn't possibly do anything to repair it, and that it needed to be replaced.

On October 25, Landmark sent their denial email stating "The evaporator coil was installed slanted, which is not how it should have been installed, so the water is not draining properly, water is going into secondary emergency drain pan, drain pan is rusted out. There was an attempted repair to reroute the water from the emergency drain pan because it had been rusted. They cut the primary plumbing, attached a pump, and attached to that a drain line to send the water somewhere else. This repair would not have been done by a licensed HVAC technician and would have been seen by visual inspection when home inspection was done. Because the failure above was caused by improper install and attempted repair, Landmark will not be able to provide coverage at this point in time"

I quickly responded the same day to ask for photos as evidence to show what was "improper stall" and asked for more details on which unit was being referred. I did not receive a response. I called again 6 days later, on October 31, and was told by the representative they will send an email to the claims manager in charge of my case. No response. On November 13, I emailed the same claims manager and CC'd customercare@landmarkhw.com explaining what I need and that I am trying to dispute their denial. Again, no answer.

I decided to email customer care (same email I just mentioned) from a different email address asking about a new policy. Amazingly, I received a response the very next day. I have been very patient with waiting for a response while reaching out to your company multiple times, via email and phone calls. I am asking once again that Landmark contact me with my request for more detailed information instead of a few vague reasons that I was given without proper evidence.

Hi Elissa,
Thanks so much for providing feedback on your Landmark experience. I see that you have taken the time to provide feedback on additional sites. We appreciate your business.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I chose Landmark as my home warranty provider as part of the closing process on my new house. I have completed my first claim with them and am beyond happy. I submitted the claim on a Sunday afternoon and received a response within 30 minutes (this was not marked as an emergency claim) with the next steps in the process, the repairman's contact information, and the service fee amount. I set up the appointment on Monday for service on Tuesday. The service company was very easy to work with, timely, and friendly. I couldn't be more happy with Landmark!

Landmark Home Warranty Company Profile