2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.55/5

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

BOTTOM LINE

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

PROS

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

CONS

• Coverage not available in all states

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone.

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Landmark should get top marks. Their customer service is good. They've taken care of me every time I've had to deal with them. The only thing I don't particularly like is they only have a certain amount of people that they go through for AC units. Once they put in the order, I'm at their mercy. I can't find another person that could come out right away. But it's not really their fault. It’s not because they don't find me one. It's because whatever company they do get, they're busy working. It could take Landmark two, three days to get an AC unit guy out here to fix my problem which unfortunately, whenever I had a problem, it’s the hottest time of the month.

At one time they sent out an AC company, this guy didn't know his head from a hole in the ground and I asked him to leave. Then Landmark tried telling me that they were gonna charge me another $65 to bring another company out. Once I complained a little bit, they covered it. The guy really didn't know what he was doing so they sent another guy out and he told them what the guy was talking about was crazy. They took care of it and didn't charge me.

I have a very old unit and it's the only reason I have a home warranty. I don't need all the other stuff covered 'cause I can get a refrigerator and a stove but I can't afford a AC unit. I found out through the guy that was working on it (not the company that Landmark sent out) that Landmark won't replace my AC unit. They'll just keep piecing it together until they can't get parts. But he said that everyone does that. It's cheaper to pay someone $65 to come out and fix it than it is to pay for it myself.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Robert of Maricopa, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for providing Landmark Home Warranty with a 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences over the last 3 years! Our number one priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. We also appreciate your important feedback regarding our contractor network and take your comments seriously to help improve our service offerings. Thank you again for choosing Landmark! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We bought a house and it came with the Landmark warranty. It was so fabulous because they do all kinds of stuff and we added it to a rental home. Then we added it to a home we have in Boise also that we're at occasionally. Submitting claims is straightforward and simple. You call them up and they take your 60 bucks, and then they give you the phone number and the name of the person that's coming. I call them directly and coordinate schedules.

The other day, I called the Boise person to come and do a tune-up for an AC that had not been activated yet in our Boise house. They were the same ones that put in a replacement air conditioner a couple of years earlier and I asked randomly for a discount since I’m a Landmark customer and they were the recommended Landmark warranty person. The rep said that if I call in this routine request through Landmark, pay them 60 bucks, they'll dispatch it to them and they'll come do the same thing. They would require Landmark to give me this $20 break.

I’ve been working with Landmark for years and I've done lots and lots of claims through them for different things but I didn’t know that they have a service for routine stuff that you need done. I've been paying my $79 or whatever it happens to be for these things. It means that they're doing a lousy job of marketing that service. They should build more value and get more customers in whatever way they can get it immediately out to people such as in a special email or right upfront when they put you on hold and they start telling you stuff.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Bill of Draper, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for providing Landmark Home Warranty with a 5 star rating regarding your customer service experiences over the last 3 years! Our number one priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. Thank you again for choosing Landmark! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: July 15, 2020

I like the option that you can go online to submit your request. I like the fact that you can call in to put a request and get someone right away. But I am struggling a little bit with the wait time in regards to a follow up on a request. I've had to wait on hold for 45 minutes each time I called in to follow up. I just wish there was either a chat option or a few more people answering once you've placed a report. Or if they responded to my emails, that would have been helpful. But when I did get someone on the phone, they were wonderful. The reps work super hard. I felt like they did the best they could with the information they had or the department they had. The system might be struggling a little bit with probably the case of the nation right now. But Landmark itself has been wonderful. They've still done an excellent job.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Hillary of Lewisville, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences using Landmark online as well as with our service representatives! Please know it is our constant endeavor to ensure your calls and follow up requests to Landmark are answered as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience during longer than normal hold times, and also apologize for delays that may have caused frustration. Our records show you have approved the cash out offer for the cooktop replacement and we have processed a check on your behalf. Thank you again for entrusting Landmark with all your home warranty and home services needs! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 20, 2020

I’ve been with Landmark for about five years. Most of the time I’ve been happy. But one contractor was really bad. He was trying to fleece me I called them and said I never want that guy again. I’ve had the odd one where it’s so obvious that they’re just trying to lie to you and make you pay over and above my $70 deductible. I would say 90% or more are amazing.

Landmark should encourage us to use the website a bit more. I haven’t used it a lot. Because sometimes I’m holding a long time, every time I call, they should prompt and say, “Hey, there’s a good website. If you want, just have a go or something.” I just tried it the first time last night and it looked good. That’s a good resource. Sometimes you have to hold for quite a while when calling. But once they answer the phone, it goes pretty smoothly. Recently the Landmark agent answered promptly and found somebody to come and fix the garage. I was done pretty timely, less than 24 hours.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Vijay of Plano, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony and feedback regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and our service contractors! Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we appreciate the opportunity to help. Please know we are available online at www.landmarkhw.com or via phone 866.306.2999, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and ready to assist with all of your service requests. Thank you again! We truly value your loyal business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 14, 2020

My Sub-Zero refrigerator was making noise. It sounded like a fan was going out so I called Landmark and Suncoast came out, opened it up, looked at it and said, “Yeah. We probably oughta replace the fan motor that’s on the freezer side.” I thought it was the one on top. I didn’t know it had motor. So they said that they’d order a part. A week or so go by I call to check on it and then I get a call from some young lady at Landmark telling me that that part’s not available and that they’re going to send me a check for $1,500 and take the unit off the home warranty.

I said, “Whoa. Stop. You can’t tell me that Sub-Zero didn’t make a fan motor for this unit anymore. I can’t fathom that happening.” She said, “Sir, we’re going to buy the unit out, we’re gonna send you a check within 10 days.” I said, “No. Don’t do it.” So after about four minutes of being frustrated with her I finally said, “Do not send me a check. I’m going to research this.” So I simply got my model number and contacted Sub-Zero who’s put me in touch with their parts people. I’m in Houston, Texas and they happened to be in Dallas, Texas, and the lady said, “Well, sir, we’ve got six of those sitting in the warehouse and the cost on them is $89.” And I’m going, “Huh?”

I called Landmark back and was on hold for about 45 minutes. Finally, it got transferred to somebody who would listen to me, and the lady that listened to me was absolutely fantastic. I said, “This doesn’t make sense. Y’all wanna spend 1,500 and take my appliance out of it and for $89 plus $100 service call, we go down that road.” She put me on hold, and I gave her all the contact information for the Sub-Zero place in Dallas. I guess their parts people called them while I was on hold, came back and said, “Mr. **, you’re absolutely right. We’re gonna order the part, Suncoast will be out to replace it.” And that’s what ended up happening. The Suncoast people were very nice. They were spot on with their diagnosis. As soon as they got the part, they came out and replaced it, and we’ve had absolutely no problem with the refrigerator.

I've been with Landmark for five years. I would like that the first person I talked to at Landmark regarding the Sub-Zero do her research and make sure that what they want to do is correct. But that has been the only issue since I’ve had Landmark in all these years. I haven’t had a whole lot of dealings with them, but every dealing that I’ve ever had with them has been very pleasant.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Mark of Houston, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and we always appreciate the opportunity to help, and love the positive feedback. Thank you again! Please know we truly value your loyal business of 6 years, and look forward to serving you again in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I called Landmark and they put in the tickets for me. The rep was super nice and she took care of everything for me. The contractor then came out and the guy was also nice. He explained to me what the problems were. And then, he didn't have one tool that he needed to have so he went and got it even though it was a half-hour drive, and came back and did the repair on the other issue. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I had my garbage disposal break. Started a ticket with Landmark. Was told I would hear from the contractor within 4 business hours. I didn't, I called the contractor with no answer. Called landmark and waited on hold for 1.5 hours with no answer, had to move on with my day. On the next business day a called the contractor again, he did answer. I told him the problem and he told me it would cost $265 but I was covered for $160. I said I'd just do it myself. I called landmark and waited on hold with no answer for a long time. So I went to the hardware store and replaced it myself.

Called Landmark again waited on hold for 1.5 hours and finally talked to someone. They told me the contractor was wrong to have told me that and that they would send the issue up to another department and I would hear back in 24-48 hours. I never was called back. I called a week later and was told they were pushing it through again and to wait 24-48 hours. No one called me back. I called again after 72 hours and was told they were waiting on a call from the plumber and they put me on hold to call the plumber then but he didn't answer. I was told customer service would call me the next day. No call back.

I called again after I didn't hear back and talked to someone and they told me I shouldn't have listened to the plumber and had him come out in the first place and now I can't be reimbursed. Strange that the story changed. So after spending over 6 hours over the course of 2.5 weeks on hold I find out that their confused contractor is costing me money I shouldn't have had to spend. Not getting much help for having a $350 policy. Stay away from Landmark.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I purchased a home which came with this home warranty. We were pleased to have the warranty when our AC started to act up. After contacting Landmark a tech was sent out and the issue was diagnosed. Since there had been a communication issue with the company who came out to do the initial review of the AC unit, and due to prolonged scheduling, I decided to find another company to do the work. I was given the choice of a buy out, which I took, and paid out of pocket for the repairs.

I was told and expected the buyout check may take a 2 weeks to a month. This happened 2 months ago and I still have no check. When I called at 45 days of waiting, I was told by ROBIN **, that I was “looking for reasons to be mad/frustrated”...and the then proceeded to blames US postal service since “they have no control of the mail”. That conversation was 2 weeks ago and still, no check! This place has pathetic customer services, poor communication and it’s impossible to talk to anyone in management who has authority to get things done. Worst. Experience. Ever.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Sometimes Landmark is great and sometimes I can’t believe them. The only reason why I have them is for my air conditioning system. I have seven properties and I had a problem at one of them. The rep from Restore it! Home Services said that Landmark would only pay 1,900 towards my air conditioning and I was going to owe them 6,300. Then, he told me that if I gave him my credit card at that time, he'd give it to me for 6,300. But the unit only froze up and I don't know why I had to have it all replaced. The tenant is from New York and he lowered the air. So, I told the tech to let me think about that.

Then, he went ahead and put Freon without my authorization. When I asked what happened, he said I told him that I was going to call my husband and that he should go ahead. So, he put the Freon in there and he put three pounds. When I asked how much was that, he said he charges 110 for Freon. But I called my friends that are also at Landmark, RB Mechanical, which I really like, and their rep said that it should be $60. He said it's the going rate all over the place and the Restore it! was going to make $20 off of me, plus 90 off of me, which is a total of 110 for something that cost the entire world $60.

So I told Restore it! that I did not want the air conditioning unit. I had RB Mechanical go over there and look at it the next day. He said that there was no visible leak anywhere and there was no problem. So he sent me the bill for $270, which really bothered me. When I called Landmark to complain, their rep said that actually, they do not have a limit on an air conditioning unit. So, I decided not to cancel Landmark.

Other than that, I had another problem at an Airbnb that I have. ACE Mechanic went over there today and the tech was saying that he'd do the tune up for my place tomorrow if I want him to. But I told him that Landmark does that. He then said that Landmark only does a visual. I told him that I can do a visual but he insisted. He then said that they'll charge me 120 for the inspection where they will empty the lines, and do this and that. I told him to let me think about it and I hang up. After that, I called RB Mechanical and they said they'll drain the line, clean the coils, and do the other stuff for $85. They also said that I can do the visual. So, I scheduled them for the day after tomorrow, after 8:00, to fix it whatever it is that Landmark was supposed to get fixed.

All in all, there are a lot of crooked people out there and the discrepancies on the price of Freon all over the place are getting to me. When I called Landmark, they sent me a contract and it looks like they cover everything on the AC unit. So, the problem is with their providers. But one of their contractors, Second Opinion Plumbing, is fantastic and I always call them.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

My wife called in a claim to Landmark Home Warranty. The reps told her to call a vendor out and that the vendor would then make a determination regarding the claim. I called them back myself and told them that it was their job to get the vendor out and if the part or whatever is wrong is not covered, we will be told that. We resolved that issue and Landmark sent a vendor out. Our issue happened to be a warranty item.

I've also found that a lot of things aren't covered with Landmark's warranty. For instance, when I had my water heater replaced, I paid for hoses that I could go over to Home Depot and buy for 30 bucks. Instead, I had to pay $150 for a hose and it was frustrating. Landmark should at least allow me to buy my own parts from a reputable dealer. If I need a pressure gas hose or a pressure water hose, I should be able to get those myself rather than pay a contractor on their pricing.

Still, I've had a good experience using Landmark. So far, I've had success with the contractors they have sent. They get them out on a timely basis. My frustration is not with Landmark but how they do stuff. I'd rather pay $100 or $200 more for the warranty and get most things covered rather than be nickel and dimed by a vendor on parts.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
    Plumbing system$800–$1,000
    Refrigerant$20 per pound
    Subterranean termite treatment$700
    Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
    2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
    3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
    4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
    5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information