Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
  2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.05/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

BOTTOM LINE

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

PROS

• System tune-ups
    • No-fault coverage included
    • Pest control

CONS

• Coverage not available in all states

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
      • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
      Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
      Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
      * Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
      • Water softener
      • Well pump
      • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

The A/C was not working. We called the Landmark Home Warranty. They sent a technician. The technician diagnosed that it should be replaced. Another technician was sent, he said he fixed it, but not, then they sent a third one and he confirmed that the condenser unit required a replacement. They changed and it is working. Although we were dealing with it for three weeks, the weather was ok. They followed up in every step and were very kind to help as much as possible.

Victoria,

Thank you for your feedback! Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a professional and timely manner. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Cheyenne

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 14, 2019

I've had to use my warranty twice. Each time the issue was resolved within 24 hours. I had my garbage disposal and refrigerator replaced the first time, and then my toilet fixed the second time. Definitely will keep my warranty.

Dear Jarrod,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home and hope to continue providing you with remarkable service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Customer Relations Manager

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We have, unfortunately, had to use our home warranty through Landmark Home Warranty several times. Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone!

Dear Kelley,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Great service and the repairman was way nice and new his stuff, fixed it fast and great work. I would recommended having him come again and fix my Dryer or that washer if it ever needed to be fixed. I’m really impressed.

Dear Jake,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Landmark has been a pleasure to work with. In today's environment of horrible customer service from fast food to new car dealers, it's a joy to find a company that still understands what good customer service looks like. I highly recommend this company.

Dear Randal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I was very upset to learn that my ductless heat system was not covered under my home warranty. This is our primary source of heat and cooling in our new home and it was only installed two years ago, they will cover my dishwasher or my stove but not my most vital appliance in the winter!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

My refrigerator broke and is not repairable. The Landmark Home Warranty requires them to either repair the refrigerator or replace the refrigerator, up to $1,500.00 Landmark offered me $127.00 dollars to replace one of the broken parts. The replacement cost of the refrigerator is $1,500. This warranty is no warranty at all. It is a waste of money. It is a scam. They offered me $127.00 before they knew what parts were broken. They will not honor the plain terms of the contract.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I called Landmark to have an electrical outlet on the exterior of my home repaired. They gave me the name of an electrician to schedule the repair. The electrician came out and when I asked if we needed an Ok from Landmark he said it is a small job so no. He repaired the outlet for $131 and we received a bill. We called Landmark and they said send them the bill. Today I get a denial from Landmark saying they don’t cover exterior electrical. I called them and, although they have it in their notes that I told them it was exterior, they are saying that they it was only a referral and they won’t pay. If they had told me it wasn’t covered and was only a referral I would have had my own electrician do the work. Their “solution” is that they will be more clear in their customer service training from now on.

In 2019 we were without a refrigerator for 3 weeks. The repairman they sent out told us he could get the necessary part the next day but Landmark insisted on using their vendor (they get a discount) even though THEIR savings left us without a refrigerator for 3 weeks. We went out and bought a mini fridge to keep medicine refrigerated... After arguing with them they finally gave us a $100 credit. In 2018 the claim we made with them over a tankless water heater ended up with us being WITHOUT HOT WATER for 2 WEEKS!. They sent out 2 repairmen. Couldn’t do the repair. I finally got them to pay me their payout rate for water heaters and I found someone who could do the work. This company is terrible!!!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Made contact with Landmark and opened a claim on Dec. 12, 2019 for a leaking water heater. Claim was sent to Sonoran Plumbing, which I contacted same day. Did not hear back from them until next day, Saturday 12-21-19. Was told that their first available appt. was on 12-26-19 from 12-4pm. They showed for appt. before 12 noon and gave a superior evaluation and said that the unit needed replacing. We discussed time frame for delivery of new unit needed to be coordinated with repairs already taking place at my home. I asked if he could contact LMHW right away and he said his company office took care of that. I requested that he contact them right away as time was of the essence. He stated that it would take 7 - 10 days to obtain the unit after approval was granted. I understood all of this and agreed as it was reasonable. I now find out the unit has not been ordered and it will take another 5 - 10 days for delivery of unit.

Meanwhile, the house is ready for the delivery and this delay is complicating things with my contractor. I received a T/C from Landmark last Friday 1-3-20 as well as an email requesting I contact them. I called back within 30 minutes at 1:11pm and was on hold for over 40 minutes. When I then stated that I was returning their call and message, the person in the claims department couldn't find any notes about why anyone called or emailed me. She searched for several minutes and couldn't update me in any way. She saw the previous notes but could not assist me with new information. I said, "So I've been on hold for over 40 minutes and we've been on the phone for another 15 minutes all for nothing?" and she said yes because she couldn't find any new information for me. I wanted to speak with a supervisor but no one was available to speak with. I thanked her and said goodbye.

I was so disheartened and disgusted with yet another episode of miscommunication with your company and lack of follow through, that for a while I actually felt helpless. My credit card keeps getting charged every month like clockwork and I keep having to hold the hand of people supposed to be helping me figure all of this out. Now I want to exercise the option of being sent the money for the cost of the water heater and installation that was offered to me earlier as I have a contractor that will assist me with the purchase and installation. I was trying to avoid that as the contractor has enough to do at my home without this trouble.

Please send check ASAP so I can complete this project.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Every time I had to talk to Landmark it was a headache. The last straw for me was them declining my claim based on the ‘expert’ opinion of the contractor they chose. I feel scammed. AHS is much cheaper with a better contract.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two-minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
          Plumbing system$800–$1,000
          Refrigerant$20 per pound
          Subterranean termite treatment$700
          Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
          2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
          3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
          4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
          5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information