Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Julie,

Thank you for sharing you experience with your heater and disposal. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner. I am concerned about your disposal issue. This was not handled correctly and we would like to get you taken care of right away. You can place a quick service order online at www.landmarkhw.com, we also have an easy online chat feature, our 24/7 customer service can also assist you at 1-866-306-2999. You are a valued homeowner and we want to make sure we are taking good care of you.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I called on a claim for our heater and garbage disposal. The heating people were great. The heater got taken care of right away. It quit working again but they came back and repaired it. However, no one ever came to fix my garbage disposal. But other than that, everything was great. The process of submitting a claim went smoothly and everyone was very polite. They're professional and so far I'm satisfied.

Had to file a claim. Had a water problem with water softener. They sent out a plumber within a few hours and it couldn't be repaired but they sent me a check very promptly. They were great to work with in my last house too. I would recommend them.

The gas line that went up to the ceiling was punctured in the roofing process and was never caught in the home inspection. I had Landmark come out several times to repair it but their people said that there was no leak. When I was having my house re-reroofed, they said they now smell gas coming up and denied the claim. I paid for it myself. The other claims I submitted were positive.

Greg Russell,

When I originally got hold to your complaint on Yelp!, I had a contractor assigned within hours. At that time, after speaking to you, you had already gotten it fixed. I am truly sorry for the experience you had, we strive to make sure our homeowners are taken care of.

Candace Parke| Landmark Home Warranty| Online complaints|

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I called Landmark Home Warranty 2-7-2017 Ticket # ** to report my Refrigerator was not cooling. I was told and emailed a dispatch Ticket for Challen's Appliance repair that night. Waited till 1 PM 2-8 with no call from Challen's Appliance. Called Challen's Appliance 1:20 no call back. Called Landmark 2-8 and was told Challen's Appliance does not service my area and they would dispatch to another vendor.

Called Landmark 2-9-2017 and I was told they could not find a repair tech and sent my dispatch ticket to their contractor relations department and I would get a call from Landmark updating me on what they were doing. OK it's 2-10 I called Landmark again and they said they had no information and would send a note to the supervisor and their contractor relations department to have someone call me. It's 2-11-2017 no callback. I called Landmark 2-12-2017 at 10 AM, the agent could not help, could not update me on anything. All she said there is no supervisor working today and she would send the supervisor a email and send a email to contractor relations dept. So now I have been without a Refrigerator for 6 days and my wife is a diabetic on insulin that has to be kept cool. So as far as I am concerned this company is a RIP OFF. Do not buy any warranties from them. I will get my money back and go somewhere else.

When I bought my house, the people selling it told me about Landmark. So far it's been a positive experience and their technicians have been good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

When we had a leaky faucet in the house, Landmark fixed it. We also got the ice maker fixed in the refrigerator. The only problem was I called about a hose we have outside the house but they don't cover that because it's outside. We had one that broke, and if it was a kind that would just thread on, I would fix it. But the pipe had to be replaced in the house, which they actually cut a hole in the ceiling in the basement, to put this pipe in there to hook on to the faucet. My wife was thinking, “That's inside the house,” so she called. The only reason why there's a hole there and they fixed it is somebody told her that they covered that. Then when they came out, they said they didn't cover it so I paid $200. So my wife is upset and she's gonna file complaints and letters but I think that's gonna go nowhere. Other than that, they were upfront when I called and it's been great.

Shelly,

I am sorry your service request did not go as planned. It is always frustrating when you are trying to resolve an issue with your appliance and it does not go accordingly. I have forwarded your complaint to our customer service team for review. They should contact you within 24 hours. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need anything additional.
Candace Parke | Online Complaints | Landmark Home Warranty

(Office) 866-306-2999 | (Fax) 866-306-1888 | www.landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Landmark was courteous and polite on the phone, however their promise of replacing appliances with a comparable appliance is false. My GE Profile stainless steel dishwasher failed to work properly. Thankfully, I had a home inspection before purchasing my house that showed the dishwasher worked fine. After a month, it ran, but dishes came out dirtier than when they went in. Landmark offered to replace the appliance, but not with a comparable unit. They offered a generic GE unit in black only. It has less features than my unit and does not match my other appliances. If I want stainless steel to match my current appliances, I have to pay $198. If I take a cash out, they will pay $554, but will not cover the installation.

Daryle,

I am so sorry that your experience was less than how you expected it to go. It is always frustrating when things do not go according to plan. Your complaint has been sent to our customer service team to review. They should be reaching out to you within 24 hours. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any additional questions or concerns.
Candace Parke | Online Complaints | Landmark Home Warranty

(Office) 866-306-2999 | (Fax) 866-306-1888 | www.landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I paid $500 for a home warranty with Landmark and it was a $70 fee to have the water heater fixed. In the dead of winter my water heater went out. I called on a Saturday and after a long hold period they sent me an e-mail of a plumber to call. The plumber stated "I don't know why they keep sending people to me, I told them I was out of town." He said he could not get to me until the following Wednesday. I called back Landmark Home warranty and they put me on a long hold again but only came back to tell me they could not find anyone else. The wait and customer service of the plumbing job was a terrible experience in itself, but only to be outdone by the lack of customer service by Landmark. The plumber finally shows up on Friday (6 days after the request), only to let me know the water heater was not getting power. He said he could not fix it, so I needed to call Landmark to have an electrician come out.

When I called Landmark they could not hurry enough to ask for another $70 because they said it was a different job. After many calls to the company they decided to keep all my money. They went back and listened to the recording of my initial request and I did not request a plumber, I advised them my water heater was not working. At the end of the call they advised me they would be sending a plumber and since I agreed to that I should pay. I never requested a plumber, that was their decision. The plumber did nothing other than not show up for three days. There should be a disclaimer with their company that you should first pay someone to come out and diagnose the problem before you ever call them. Terrible service all around and terrible policies on customer service.

I had a budget of $500 and Landmark was at $550 so they were around the most affordable. I've only been with them for a month, and the recent claim that I submitted got taken care of. When I tried to file a claim on Landmark's website, it didn't work. I would like to reset it 'cause I had to keep logging in and I let them know about it. I filed the claim over the phone and the rep was wonderful. The technician sent was great.

Hello Alexander,

I am sorry to hear about your continuing frustration regarding you plumbing issue. I do understand why you are disappointed. You have an expectation of coverage that the contract does not cover. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. I wanted to quickly clarify again, why your plumbing issue is not covered.

You have the Essential Plan for Nevada.

Per the warranty:

PLUMBING SYSTEM COVERED: Gas or electric water heaters up to 70 gallons (multiple units covered); tankless water heaters; plumbing pipe leaks; clearing of drain line stoppages through an accessible cleanout, up to 100 feet from access point; recirculating pump; toilets and related mechanisms; toilet wax ring seals; built-in bathtub whirlpool motor, pump, and air switch assemblies; valves for shower, tub, and diverter valves; ball valves; gate valves; faucets, shower arms and shower heads (replaced with chrome builders standard, when necessary); interior hose bibbs; pressure regulators; permanently installed sump pumps (ground water only).

EXCLUSIONS: Stoppages caused by collapsed, damaged, or broken drain, vent, or sewer lines outside the home’s main foundation; stoppages or breaks caused by roots; stoppages that cannot be cleared with a standard 100-foot sewer cable, even if within the home’s main foundation; hydrojetting, unless additional option is chosen (Advantage Plan); cameras; flow restrictions in fresh water lines; bathtubs; sinks; showers; shower enclosures and base pans; toilet lids and seats; whirlpool jets; caulking; grouting; water filtration/purification system; septic tanks; holding or storage tanks; saunas or steam rooms; costs to locate or access cleanouts, including through roof vents and toilet removal, unless additional option is chosen (Advantage Plan); cost to install cleanouts; external hose bibbs; polybutylene piping; leak detection tests; water heater expansion tanks; icemaker water lines; water softeners; inadequate or excessive water pressure; sewage ejector pump; all other parts and repairs that are not listed as covered.

Our Claims Department always seeks to provide a positive experience. They must operate within the parameters of the contract to remain equitable to every valued homeowner. Should you have additional questions or concerns, you can contact our Customer Care Department. They will be happy to assist you. customercare@landmarkhw.com

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

They cover NOTHING! Don't USE! They say they cover broken pipes, but somehow, my main waterline coming into my home through the garage doesn't qualify. Then, they claim they don't cover any of the sewer line repairs because "it's just not in our list of covered items." What? What is the use of a home warranty that doesn't cover basic plumbing repairs like the MAIN WATERLINE PIPE through the garage or the SEWER LINE in the foundation? This is the absolute worst home warranty company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. 0 stars would be more appropriate. Please, take your business elsewhere!

My realtor recommended Landmark to the home seller and they were the ones who processed the warranty. It's been a month and a half now since having the warranty and I submitted a claim last week. The technicians that were sent were skilled and professional.

When I bought my house, I decided to use Landmark Home Warranty as I wanted full coverage. I had used it twice so far and the claims process was fast. The technicians were very nice and polite.

Hello Nicole,

I am sorry to hear about your poor experiences. I would like to assist you. I am not able to find a current or cancelled contract in our system with any of the contact information you provided. If you will please contact me directly, I would be happy to assist you.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My home seller purchased me a homeowners policy from Landmark Home Warranty. They refused to cover an electrical problem I had, they refused to pay for a sewer pipe problem I had, they refused to reimburse me for a dishwasher that failed. The policy that I had did not list any exclusions, but when I called them they told me that they have a secret list of exclusion not publish for the buy at time of purchase. They are a crooked company.

Hello Jamie,
I am sorry to hear about these poor contact experiences with Landmark. I do hear you, and can understand your frustrations with each experience. I can listen to the phone calls and find out who each of the employees were that you dealt with. Each situation will be reviewed and addressed by their manager.
I am the Social Media Specialist. I am separate from Customer Service. My job is to review each online complaint and make sure each issue has been properly handled. I like to advocate for our homeowners. If a Claims Manager makes a mistake, I work to rectify the situation. I do work within the parameters of the warranty contract. If a homeowner goes online, they are doing so, to be heard. We live in an online world. Feedback forums are the best way to communicate with the world. You had a bad experience and sharing your thoughts is an understandable way to be heard. I monitor feedback because our customer’s opinions are the best catalyst for change in policies and procedures. In short, your feelings do matter, and I hear you.
I agree with your suggestions on providing excellent customer service. Our Claims Department is the first contact for our valued homeowners. When a call comes in, the initial interaction sets the tone for the experience. Our Claims Managers are trained to be hero’s. Customers are calling with a need and an expectation of results. A homeowner should expect to be taken care of in a positive and timely manner. If you receive poor service, we need to know. Our desire is to provide excellent service from the beginning to the end of the claim.
I am sincerely sorry that Landmark did not meet your expectation of service. It is important that we are provided with every type of feedback. I do not fault anyone for using a public forum to feel heard. Your concerns are never taken lightly. Our management is working very hard to address concerns and improve our homeowners experience. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a great claim experience. My intentions are to truly provide a resolution for this situation. Could you please let me know what additional actions you would like to see taken that would provide a positive outcome for you?
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to me directly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Thankfully, I only had the misfortune of dealing with this company's poor customer service three times (which was every time, unfortunately). The first time I called about our furnace and the service representative was snide and unhelpful. The second time was when, at the end of the year, a salesperson wanted me to renew my warranty for another year. When I said I wasn't interested, he hung up on me immediately. No goodbye. No thanks for being an amazing customer. Just *click*. The third time, Landmark emailed me asking me to renew, which shows they paid no attention to the concerns I shared with them after the last encounter (which I reported, by the way).

While I have a wide tolerance for acceptance for service (some people just have bad days, and I, too, offer customer service, often to those who are having terrible days), I reached out to the company more than once about their customer service hoping they might both understand and correct their poor customer service patterns. They never bothered to respond. They obviously didn't care enough to correct. That's not just one bad day; that's strike three. Of course their team responds here because this is a public forum, so here's my fourth (and final) attempt to share my dissatisfaction in the hopes this will help you moving forward:

Smile on the phone and treat customers like they are being heard. We're not inconveniences. We're your word of mouth and repeat service. Don't hang up on customers simply because we're not ready to re-up for another year. I mean really?! This is your opportunity to ask how you could be of better service or what might change our minds (or even, "Hey. Can we keep in touch?"). Respond to concerns regarding poor customer service privately, with humility, and with kindness. You guys only apparently respond on public forums like this because you're beholden to public reviews. That's telling and unfortunate.

According to Forbes, in 2013, businesses lost $62 billion dollars due to bad service. Based on how poor Landmark's customer service is, not only will I never be a repeat customer, whenever an agent locally talks about the home warranty service in a public forum, I feel obligated to share how bad my experience with Landmark has been was as a warning to others.

Hello Steve,
I received your Consumer Affairs complaint regarding your water heater service. I apologize for the frustration caused by the decision of Landmark. I assure you that your complaint was not taken lightly. The issue has been thoroughly researched, and the findings are as follows;
You have our Standard Contract for Idaho.
The contractor’s diagnosis was the following: “Sediment build up in water heater, never been flushed, no maintenance.”

A. SERVICE OVERVIEW

#2 - LHW will provide service on listed covered systems or appliances that:

a) are installed and located within the perimeter of the Main Foundation and Garage (attached or detached). Additional living space in garages or separate from main home are not covered unless additional Option chosen. Systems or appliances located on the exterior or the outside of the home (including porch and patio) are not covered (with exception of items marked with an “*”). Any additional detached structures are not covered unless specified as an Option.

b) were properly installed and in good and safe working order on the Effective Date of this Contract.

c) have become inoperable due to normal usage after the Effective Date of this Contract.

d) are reported during the term of this Contract
D. THIS CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER
#2 - Failure to Clean or Maintain, Improper Previous or Attempted Repair, Routine Maintenance, Odors, Noises, Damage due to Pests or Pets, Neglect, Misuse, Abuse, Missing Parts, or Adjustments.
#5 - You are responsible for providing Maintenance and cleaning on covered items as specified by the manufacturer to ensure continued coverage on such items. For Example: heating and air conditioning systems require periodic cleaning and/or replacement filters and cleaning of evaporator and condenser coils.
I understand that you are not pleased with the diagnosis. I am sorry about that. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty.
I did a brief search on the internet and found the following information that supports the issue of ‘lack of maintenance’ and may be of use to you in the future.
Again, I am sorry that were not able to complete you claim within the parameters of the warranty. We always stick to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow the procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation. Landmark seeks to always create a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I am sorry that your claim did not go as expected.
I understand that this has been inconvenient for you. We honestly do our best to take care of our homeowners.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

My complaint echos all the rest of the complaints I've read on the BBB, ConsumerAffairs and Yelp. Got this home "No-warranty" plan upon our house purchase. So far... A/C broke, not covered due to dog urine: our cost - $3450. Dishwasher leaking: Not covered due to pre-existing problem but for $60 the contractor patched a small hole with silicone... What a bargain!!! Double wall oven upper door not closing. Landmark couldn't find replacement part so paid a cash value less than 1/2 what a suitable replace oven would cost. Let's see... the latest, water heater wasn't producing hot water. Their tech said sediment buildup due to hard water. This H2O heater is 20 flippin years old and long outlasted its useful life. My question: What the ** does Landmark cover??

Hi Michael,
Congratulations on your new home! Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Landmark family. I appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback on your re-key service request. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I just had my home re-keyed through Landmark Home Warranty. So far, everything works good and submitting a claim was easy. Overall, they were good, simple, fast, courteous and easy.

Hi Cheryl,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your Landmark experience. It's great to hear that we are taking good care of you. Your feedback regarding the roof coverage is not taken lightly. Feedback from our valued homeowners is the greatest catalyst for change here at Landmark. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I bought my townhouse and Landmark Home Warranty came with it. I've used them twice and their reps have been very pleasant. The last claim I had was there's a part in air conditioning unit that needed to be fixed. The technicians who came were very friendly and knowledgeable but they had to come back due to some type of a malfunction. Now, the unit works at it should. On the other hand, Landmark only offers a warranty on single homes but not on townhomes. If there are adjoining walls, they won’t cover the roof but they will on single homes. That's is interesting because we all have separate roofs in our townhomes but other than that, their customer service has been stellar and they've taken care of me. I would recommend them.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback. I appreciate the time you took to share your experience. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectation of service on your boiler. This complaint has been brought to the attention of our Claims Management Department. We will review this situation right away. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the parameters of the warranty. We always stick to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow the procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation. I assure you that your feedback is very important to Landmark Home Warranty and is never taken lightly. We honestly do our best to take care of our homeowners.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Unless you bought your appliance or HVAC system brand new, kept up with EVERY suggested maintenance guideline from the manufacturer, and anybody who owned the appliance or system before you did the same, you will NOT get any help with your claim. I bought a house with a perfectly working heating system. I had all preseason tune-ups completed on it.

For the past 9 months everything worked great. Then my heating system went out. After having an inexperienced contractor come look at it he guesses that there was deferred maintenance on the unit. Based on this contractor's inexperienced opinion they say they will not cover the cost to repair my heat system. They say that because the previous owner of my house didn't perform the proper maintenance (there is no proof of this, they just didn't see any maintenance stickers), that they won't cover the repair cost.

Even though I got a preseason tune-up on the system 3 months previously and nothing was identified then for repairs needed, they claim deferred maintenance is the reason. (And yes, they choose a contractor for you whether he is local or not, or experienced in your heat system or not, and base their decisions on his report whether it is guess or not.) Look elsewhere for your home warranty needs. They will find a reason to deny you no matter what.

Hi Trina,

I apologize that Landmark has not provided 5 star service for all of your warranty needs. Your feedback is never taken lightly as it is the best catalyst for change. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. If you could please reach out to myself directly at enye@landmarkhw.com I would like the opportunity to acquire more information and provide an appropriate resolution. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

When we bought our house in March, the realtor suggested Landmark Home Warranty and gave it as a gift to us. She said that a couple of her clients had used it and she heard good things about it. I said, “ Sure. I’ll let you choose.” When I called Landmark the first time questioning if something was covered, the rep looked it all up and said yes, it's covered. However, the technicians came out and it turned out the part's not covered.

But I’ve had a couple of other things recently where it’s very quick and it was all fine. Their communication’s a little weird, though. Their guys already came out and did the work, but I got an email saying that I need to respond so my claim won't get rejected. I was like, "You do not know?" So, I literally photocopied and did some screenshots and said, “Here, here, and here. Knock yourself out.” They’re able to hire good companies to come out to service our appliances. And all the people that have come out have been very nice. I even used one of them again. But in-house, Landmark has some issues because I’ve never in my years of having a warranty have that email send to me. They need to work on some of their internal issues.

Hello Paula,

I appreciate you taking a moment to share a bit about your Landmark experience. We are glad to have you as part of the Landmark Family! We always seek to provide a positive service experience in a timely manner. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I’m a realtor, so we have reps come in our office, and Landmark Home Warranty has really good relationships with us. So, I went with them. As a matter of fact, I recommend Landmark to my clients. Submitting a claim with them has been very easy. Their reps are wonderful and the technicians that came out were friendly. Overall, my experience was great.

Hi Beau,

Thank you so much for taking a minute to share your Landmark experience on Social Media. We're glad to have you in the Landmark Family. It's great to hear your A/C was taken care of in a timely manner. I know going without A/C in Texas is rough. Thank you for your patience. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I was tired of the process on my old home warranty provider, Energy. We had problems with them all the time in dealing with our AC for our house. They'd never approved claims. But Landmark Home Warranty has been outstanding. When I submit a claim, I'm followed up with the same day if it's early and if it's late in the evening then it's the next morning. It's all done online. They have their system and whenever it's approved, the outsourcing person calls and schedules the time. We're in Houston and our AC coil had to be replaced two weeks ago and it was done within 48 hours. My experience has been fantastic.

Hello Maria,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It's great to hear that our website has been useful to you. We have been working hard to make sure we are meeting the needs of our valued homeowners. In addition to our new website (which is mobile friendly), we have added an online chat feature. Our goal is to provide an excellent service experience in a timely manner. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I usually submit a claim to Landmark online and so far, they've been taking care of us. We've had no delays or problem of updates. The technicians have been very courteous and helpful. They explained what the problem was, how they're gonna do it and how they're gonna fix it. It's been a great experience, and I've already even recommended Landmark to someone else.

Hello Debbie,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with Landmark so far. I especially appreciated the remarks about the contractor that resolved your water heater issue. We value every homeowner and always seek to provide a positive claim resolution. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Landmark Home Warranty came with the house that we bought and our realtor told me how good it was. Their claim process, either online or call, was very simple. Their reps have always been courteous, prompt and very organized. They get things done, keep us up on things and they correspond via email a lot about the progress of the claim. So far, we haven't had any problems. We’ve had a few claims and it's been a really good experience.

Their technician was awesome. When we had a claim with the water heater, I just left him there. I trusted him to do his part because I had to go to work, and he was very professional. He explained everything that he was going to do and he left it very clean after. I couldn't even tell that I had a water heater problem. I was really impressed. He even marked it on the water heater on the day that he did it so I wouldn't guess when it was installed which was was cool. Overall, they're outstanding and very positive. We hope that things won't happen that we have to have a warranty. But when it does, they follow through and I have peace of mind. I like the way they run their business and how they correspond with us so we're never left hanging and they take care of things right away.

Hi Tariq,

I am sorry to hear about this frustrating situation with your dishwasher. I would like to offer my assistance and see if there is anything I can do to expedite this resolution. I apologize that our contractor did not meet your expectations. Your complaint has been noted. This will be reported to our Contractor Relations Department. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Your experience is not taken lightly. I want to assure you that management is diligently working to make sure that our valued homeowners have a positive claim experience. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My dishwasher went bad. Landmark sent an appliance technician and the technician said it is an electrical problem. So I paid $60 (for Appliance) and another $60 (Electrician). The electrician came and said the main electric power was knocked down. He fixed it and the dishwasher ran. After 3 days same issue. I called Landmark and they sent the appliance technician. The technician said "DISHWASHER causing the electrical failure". And he said "the unit needs to be replaced." On Monday I got a call from Monday and said they will replace the unit. In the same day another Landmark customer service called me and said they need to have 2nd opinion!!!

I have taken off from work 3 days. And I know the new appliance technician will say that no power and we need to call the electrician because the unit is knocking down. So I am in loop of this Landmark process. This is my last year and will not renew my contract with them. And also, the contractor Landmark sends are not a good contractor. I think I have enough with Landmark!

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate you providing feedback on your claim experiences. Feedback regarding your service is the greatest catalyst for change. It's important to be honest. I am sorry to hear that you have cancelled your warranty with Landmark. You are a valued homeowner and I am sorry that you were not made to feel that way. I want to assure you that your concerns regarding the Claims Manager and our Contractors will be reported right away. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on these claims. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Without a doubt Landmark Home Warranty company has the absolute worse customer service I have ever experienced. My stove is not functioning correctly and when I called for a service request they told me that because fire was involved that it was an act of God. Well no crap... fire was involved with an issue with my gas stove. Not only is the company terrible, they contract with the worst of the worst local contractors. Only once decent contractor was sent to my house out of 5 very routine service calls.

I canceled my contract today because if your service request is too expensive this company will hide behind a term in their contract. For example, I requested a service call because my water heater wasn't heating water consistently. The service rep asked if the water heater was making any noises and I said yes, then right away the rep said "noises aren't covered, your request has been denied." I wouldn't waste my time with this warranty company ever again. This is a terrible managed company with terrible customer service and terrible local contractors.

Hello James,

I appreciate you taking a moment to provide some feedback on your experience with Landmark thus far. I appreciate your rating overall. I am sorry there was some confusion and delay on our part. It's great to hear the dishwasher is now working. I am sorry about the confusion with the additional service request. It looks like the claims manager was noting your call and may have mistakenly opened a service request. It is not open now and will not have any bearing on your warranty service. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Our real estate agent recommended Landmark. He talked about his prior experience with Landmark clients that he had, the claims that they had filed with Landmark and how accommodating they were. I only made one claim and it was for our dishwasher. The claim process went smoothly, however, the tech had to make multiple trips and didn't seem to know what he was doing and he finally figured out what the problem was on the third trip. He was a real nice guy though and maybe he couldn't figure it out right away because of the brand of dishwasher. It's a Bosch. Maybe it has some odd features because it's not a standard consumer brand although it is widely sold.

I also made one inquiry, which surprised me because they handled it as though I had submitted a claim, which I thought was incorrect. We were doing remodeling, and during the course of remodeling, we found that there was some water damage in the sub-flooring. Our contractor said that it was a result of a leak in the roof. I called to find out if a leak that pre-existed was covered and they said that it wasn't. Shortly after that inquiry, I received an email stating that the claim that we had made had been rejected. But there never was a claim that was placed and it was simply an inquiry as to whether or not there would be coverage for that type of situation. But other than that, my experience with Landmark has been excellent and I'm very satisfied.

Hello Alfredo.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your claims with Landmark. I am sorry to hear that your washing machine claim did not meet your expectations. I want to assure you that you are a valued homeowner and we do not take your feedback lightly. The issues with the contractors will be presented to our Contractor Relations Department for review immediately. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Elise Nye | Online Reputation Manager | Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I've had Landmark since October when I bought the house. The sale came with a one-year warranty and the lady that sold the house was the one that picked out Landmark. I've called them about three times. One is for the air conditioner and one was for my stove. The second time, everything worked out real good. The guy that came out answered the phone right away and called me back within an hour and that's how that turned out. But this last time was an issue.

My washer was broken. When I called them to get it looked at, they gave me a couple of phone numbers of the contractors. So, I called one contractor and they didn't answer the phone. I called the other one and she called me back. I asked her about when somebody will come and check my washer. I gave her my address and she said that they don't service our area. I asked her why Landmark gave their number, and she said that she doesn't know. Then, she hung up and she was rude. That was a lot of waste of my time. Because I do work, I'm busy, and I run a business. I don't have anybody that does this for me, I have to do it myself.

Then I tried the other guy and this was on a Monday. We then had a problem with scheduling. He said, "I can be there be there on Thursday from 9:00 to 12:00." I declined as my wife is out of time and I work. I can't just stop what I'm doing because I run a couple of jobs. I told him that he can do it on Friday at 3:00 so I can take off early or 2:00. He then declined. So, again, those two people were a complete waste of time. I kept calling and this one particular issue, I had to call Landmark four times. I'm not real happy with them right now.

The third time I called, I was irate with them because of this issue and the guy handled it pretty good. They sent me a guy and I had to call him like three times. I was about to give up and throw my washer away and just buy a new one when he finally calls me and he shows up. I told him, "I can be here 'till 3:00 the following day." He came in and did the evaluation and it turned out that the washer was gonna cost more than they wanted to spend. I waited and they gave me some cash out money for it that paid at least for half of the washer. I ended up buying a new one which was my first instinct.

I've used American Shield before and I never had an issue with them. Landmark needs to do a little research and not waste people's time by sending any subcontractors that pops up. But as far as the dispatchers, they're pretty nice and were all very pleasant. They probably didn't know that they were giving those numbers.

Hello Julie,

Thank you providing me the opportunity to address your concerns posted online. I understand that it is very frustrating to find out something is not covered under the warranty. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. I am sorry that your service request was not opened as expected.

Your feedback is important to Landmark. Your concern is not taken lightly. I assure you that Landmark always sticks to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow the procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation.

You have our Value Package Warranty. On 1/8/2017 you called Landmark to open a service request. In your statement regarding the repair request, you said that there was a broken pipe outside and it was flooding the basement.

I cannot imagine how frustrating that must have been. I am sorry that Landmark was not able to open a claim for the broken pipe.

A. SERVICE OVERVIEW
#2 - LHW will provide service on listed covered systems or appliances that:

d) are reported during the term of this Contract.

I know this issue has been inconvenient for you. We honestly do our best to take care of our homeowners.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

We purchased Landmark Home Warranty when we bought our new home because they were highly HIGHLY recommended by those finalizing our home purchase. Since moving into our new home, we have had 3 floods in our basement from 3 different causes, none of which were covered by Landmark Home Warranty business due to the extensive listing of exclusions. The long list of exclusions was probably determined from historical data indicating the most common costs to the company to find ways to save payouts. We will discontinue our contract beyond its first year given that we are ultimately responsible for pre-existing problems with the home. The added expense of supporting a company that evades responsibility for the most common sources of home issues is not an investment in peace of mind.

We have had Landmark Home Warranty for two months now. I cannot say enough how awful this company is. They refused to help our family fix the furnace. The temp outside was 5 degrees and we have 2 kids, 6 and 5 years old. They did not care about our kids being cold. They told us that we would have to wait for two days until normal business hours to get the problem fixed. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A HOME WARRANTY COMPANY, STAY FAR AWAY FROM LANDMARK.

Hello Judith,

Thank you for using Landmark on a second property. We are thrilled to hear that our homeowners want to keep us when they move. Congratulations on the new home! I apologize for the miscommunication on your home inspection. I am glad it was sorted out. I appreciate your patience in the matter as well. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I had Landmark on my last house and I was happy so that's why I said I wanted it done through Landmark the second time when I bought this house. When I called them to have my refrigerator fixed, they gave me somebody right away. Then the girl said she needed paperwork on it and I didn't have any. But they covered it anyway.

Submitting the claim was very easy and the whole thing went very well. The technician was very helpful and fixed the problem. But after it was done, they wanted to know if the appliances were inspected before I moved in and if I have the inspection reports. I didn't have those reports and when I asked my realtor about it, she said she has never heard of them wanting an inspection report sent to them for a home warranty. Also, I didn't have one the last time I got a home warranty from them on my last house. I was there for almost a year and never had any problems with them. So it kind of surprised me why they wanted an inspection report on the appliances. But it was just miscommunication and it was straightened out. I wasn't billed for it then I got an email saying that it was taken care of.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Profile