3.9/5 (113 ratings)

About Landmark Home Warranty

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

Pros

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

Cons

• Coverage not available in all states

Bottom Line

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to e...

Verified

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recom...

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges from $35 per month to $61.25 per month, with service call fees of either $70 or $100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
Home Systems Plan$70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
Total Protection Plan$70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
Plumbing system$800–$1,000
Refrigerant$20 per pound
Subterranean termite treatment$700
Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
  2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
  3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
  4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
  5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I had a claim with my garbage disposal and it was something quick and easy. The techs came out and did the service. The biggest thing I had was an issue with my refrigerator and the company that Landmark sent had to come out three times before the vendor that finally diagnosed the issue came out. Then, they had to order a part and come back out again. But that had nothing to do with Landmark. That was all the people that they used. It did take a very long time and I understand. I almost bought a new fridge but I did not give in. I said that I was gonna ride out not having a fridge for a month.

For the most part, the contractors that Landmark had were good. I liked the contractor that they sent with the fridge. It was just they sent the same person twice. Then they finally said they were gonna send a more senior tech. It wasn't the greatest experience but it wasn't bad. It got fixed, which is ultimately what you want. A couple of years ago, we had a storm and we were at 7 degrees and the electricity was out for three days. It was off and on and it shorted out one of my ceiling fans. So, I had an electrician come out. He didn't even look at the issue. I told him what happened and he said he couldn’t do anything for me. So, that part sucks when you spend that kind of money and they don't even look at the thing. I was disappointed with that guy because I said I was going to buy a new ceiling fan and I asked if he could install it. He said yes. So, I tried calling him but he never called me back. So, I wound up hiring a different electrician to get it installed.

I like Landmark Home Warranty’s service. I hear about other people who have different home warranty companies and it sounds horrible. So, overall, Landmark is good. Their website sucks though. It's still in the early 2000s and it needs some help. It's very antiquated. I haven't been able to log on for a long time nor can I reset my password so I can log in. It doesn't help. I kept hitting the reset password and I got nothing. You're supposed to check your email and then click the reset button. They should spend some money on their website and getting it so it's user-friendly. But whenever I call Landmark, which is what I have to do now to order service, they're great. It works very well.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Amy of Oxnard, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing Landmark! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2022

When I got the house, there was only one key and I didn't feel comfortable with that. I got a thing in the mail from Landmark about rekeying for $60. I called and set up an appointment. I liked that when I set up the appointment, they were in a timely fashion. The company came out, did everything that they were supposed to do, and gave me two sets of keys. The worst thing that can happen is I get a hidden fee somewhere or someone says, “No, I won’t do this”, but I've never had that with Landmark and I've used them a lot.

Anytime that I've done something or had issues, their customer support has been right on it making sure that I was happy with what was going on. I liked the fact that they follow up and when the seasons change and it's time to have my central air looked at, they send me a notice. I had an issue with the garbage disposal so I called Landmark and they sent somebody out who fixed it. Everything was fine until the next time I went to use the garbage disposal and it didn't work again. I made another call and they came out. The tech said I gotta use the garbage disposal in order to keep it working.

The garbage disposal didn't work again and the contractor came out for the third time. They said they were gonna check and see what was really going on with it. Then, the tech said I really need a new garbage disposal. Landmark replaced it and made it good for free because I had people out three times for it. I was very happy with it.

Also, I really like each tech that has come out. They would have been the type of people that I would have picked myself. They're very respectful and tell me point blank that they've had their shots and ask if I want them to wear their masks. Although it seems that in my area, there aren't a ton of contractors for some of the services. I've been happy with who I've had but they could expand on the number of vendors they have in these areas.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear David of King City, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and sharing such positive testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Our number one priority is customer satisfaction, and we love hearing about your experience and the value you find in the services we offer. On behalf the entire Landmark team, thank you again! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: April 7, 2022

I can submit the claims to Landmark through their website or by calling them. When I called them, unfortunately, the people that I spoke to were in the Philippines. So, trying to work through their accent was a little bit difficult. Overall, when I contact them for a claim, I receive the name of the company, the name of the tech that was going to be arriving, and the estimated time.

When my AC was freezing up, the techs came out, took a quick look at the system, and told me that it was an airflow issue due to the wrong filter being used. It turned out it was nothing at all like that. It was freezing up because two of our main lines off of the AC unit were blocked. So, it wasn't able to properly get enough airflow to prevent it from freezing. It was an airflow issue but for a completely unlooked-at problem. The contractor was not able to fix it, unfortunately. With the type of issue that was occurring, it took about an hour for it to freeze up. So, once they got it running again, they told me that the airflow was the problem and I would have to call back if it occurred again. Instead of that, I just opted to have the whole system replaced.

Landmark could better handle the limitations on usage. For example, I was having issues with the AC unit, so I paid $60 for someone to come out. Afterward, I was able to look into the fine print and find out that they only covered $500 for ductwork. Two of my lines were clogged and needed to be replaced. That was about $4,000. So, my home warranty is useless. Then instead of replacing a system that they know is defective, they instead will repair each individual component of it unless their tech tells them that it needs to be replaced.

Landmark, so far, has not met any of my expectations because there's always been a loophole that they were able to use to not replace something. Otherwise, for the cost-to-benefit of it, it's about what you expect. 500 a year is the type of warranty that I don't expect to replace everything, but it would have been a much better system if it was a situation where 500 a year would guarantee a replacement of one thing rather than everything under the sun under warranty, but only enough coverage to pretty much get it looked at.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Bobby of Nampa, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Our top priority is customer satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and dependable contractors, and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and we are available if we may offer any additional assistance. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. Landmark Home Warranty

Resolution response: March 22, 2022

Their contract relations team (specifically Teresa) got in touch to help resolve the issues I had with Landmark Home Warranty. S.W.A.T. Plumbing is still the worst contractor that has ever come to my house and their owner is the most unprofessional person I have ever encountered.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I can either go online or call Landmark Home Warranty. And I've done both. It's usually great. I've had a couple rough ones. But mostly, it's good. The techs were fantastic until a plumbing one recently. And it was the worst I've ever had in my whole life. Landmark doesn't have emergency type stuff for a plumbing, which is what I had recently. That was a few days, I had to try to fix it myself until I could get someone out. Also, they need to trust their customers a bit more than their contractors. Because it was never really resolved and ended up closing out the ticket and paying the person who ruined the wood floors of my house. They got a different contractor out here now fixing the mistakes of that last contractor. But I had to do a homeowners insurance claim to take care of the wood floor problem. I'm still a little frustrated with that. But we're working on it.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Charles of Celina, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and being so receptive to our phone call. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we sincerely regret the frustration. We appreciate the opportunity to provide our personal assistance regarding the feedback you provided and your concerns with the service contractor. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Landmark Home Warranty has a good online portal. I go on and you click whatever my issue is and tell them a bit about it, and someone will contact me within the next 24 hours with a schedule. We've had a few items that have been fixed and it has been easy. Our latest issue is our air conditioner. The guy came out, looked at it and said it was not working properly but it's not damaged or dead enough for them to do anything about it. So, I should call back in a couple of weeks when it actually dies. So frustrating to know that the thing was not working properly. But as far as making a call and having somebody to come out is easy.

Landmark should have better feedback in instances where there is not any action taken. If somebody calls a service person out to look at something and nothing happens, it's a bit frustrating. Because from the consumer perspective, we were under the impression that the technician gave information back to the Landmark and they would contact us with options. But nothing happened. Another two weeks went by and I finally called and said, "What's up? Are we expecting something or not expecting something or what's happening?" And in that time, the AC died. It was hot in the house and I thought I was waiting for them. Turned out they just weren't doing anything. If it's a service call that results in no action taken, follow up to just make sure the client was fully served. But it has been very easy other than that one latest hiccup. We've had one furnace and one full HVAC system replaced and it has paid for itself in the two years that we've had the warranty plan.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Tracy of El Lago, Thank you so much for the 5 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, from the first call to service to the completed repair, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home service needs. Please know we have confirmed repairs were successfully completed and cooling was restored to the home. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I’ve been a long-time customer of Landmark and it used to be good. But I see a declining service. I get a later response to my calls. With my last issue, the guy I talked to was really helpful in resolving the situation but it was also painful. They asked me if I had some leaks from the faucet and they sent me a guy who was intent on doing some mitigation work because of the leak. Some minor damage has happened. They took advantage of it based on my experience and charged thousands of dollars. I had to pay out of pocket quite a bit after the deductible from my home insurance. They were disappointed and they abandoned me. After that call, it took more than two weeks to resolve that leaking faucet. When the next cycle comes, I will seriously consider whether I should stay as a customer of Landmark or just take care of things myself.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Can of Salt Lake City, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing important feedback. We constantly strive to provide best-in-class service and peace of mind to our valued homeowners and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. We have confirmed your service request has been successfully completed according to the terms of the warranty. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I called Landmark and the claim process was fairly easy. A tech came and fixed the issue. He was the friendliest person I've ever met. He was a young guy who enjoyed his job and laughed at the job that was done before that failed. He was so much fun. Landmark was good. They were following the procedures and jumping through the hoops to make sure things were done properly. The people they sent out to do the job were great.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Mr. Linza, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and sharing such positive testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and your excellent service professional! Our top priority is your satisfaction and to provide best in class service, from the first call for service to the completed repair, and we sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for choosing Landmark! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

We had an issue with the dishwasher and an issue with the air conditioner. The service people that came out were both very good. We need a new compressor for the air conditioner and the service guys are supposed to come today.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Raymond of CA, Thank you so much for the 3 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty. Our top priority is customer satisfaction while offering comprehensive coverage, quality repairs, and dependable contractors, and we sincerely appreciate the feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

I'd recommend Landmark. It's peace of mind. But the speed of the process could be improved. Our AC was out and we had a 100-degree weather but we couldn't get somebody out for almost two weeks. That was frustrating. I had to call in somebody to fix it and pay for it out of pocket. Once the appointment finally came, we had roll back what was fixed so that Landmark could pay us for the repair.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Cody of Portland, Thank you so much for the 4 star review regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty. Customer satisfaction and servicing our valued homeowners as quickly as possible is our top priority, and we sincerely appreciate the constructive feedback and opportunity to assist with all your home warranty and home services needs. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your continued business and recommendations and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

When I bought my house in 2019, I was given three warranty places to choose from and I thought that Landmark did the most for the money that I had to pay. I just call in and I tell them what's wrong and I always get a couple of questions like what have I done to troubleshoot. I'm like, "I'm a 60-year old woman. I haven't done anything." They just do that to make sure that what I'm calling for is really broken that day and it hasn't been broken. Everything that I've ever asked for, they've come and sent somebody and fixed everything. Everybody's very nice.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Sherri of Las Vegas, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such positive feedback regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you and provide peace of mind. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information