3.02/5
  • 1 star
Based on 292 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price. Current Special: order a $450 warranty and get washer & dryer coverage for free!

A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 12, 2017

1275 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Heater was not working, they sent contractor to diagnose issue, found bad circuit board and thermostat. Both got replaced immediately and now my house is finally getting warmer. Brandon from Temperature Pro was easy to work with and great help.

Arrowson,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We love to hear from our homeowners. In those cold temperatures, it is nice to hear that we were successful in getting you taken care of. We look forward to working with you again. Please feel free to contact us for your warranty needs.

Landmark Home Warranty

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I was out town for business when my hot water heater went out. I put in a work order online but was not able to provide all the information required about my hot water heater, so I also called and was able to complete the claim. Landmark was able to get someone over to the house quickly so that my wife had hot water, and the contractor was efficient and courteous. Thanks.

Michael,

We are so glad your water heater is up and running. Especially in the weather your home is in, we know that hot water is crucial. Thank you for allowing us to take care of you and your family, as well as protect your home. Should you have questions or concerns please let me know. I am happy to assist.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Don't expect them to pay for anything, because if you read their small print it basically exempts them from paying for anything... ever. Our A/C started leaking, we turned it off IN THE SUMMER IN TEXAS and called Landmark. We told them we needed emergency services because the ceiling was leaking and we were concerned it would cave in. They said they only had 2 contractors and neither were answering the phone, so with a baby and 2 kids we had no central air and guess what happened, yep, the ceiling caved in. Landmark refused to pay for the ceiling, and even though it was officially an emergency no one came out to fix a damn thing. Ohhh AND they had the nerve to request a credit card from me to pay the contractor the service visit if and when they decided to come out. BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY IMO, just keep your money and save it for the repairs you will be making yourself.

Walter,

Thank you for providing this feedback. We appreciate all feedback, as it is the only way to improve service. I apologize your service request did not meet your expectations. Landmark makes every effort to assist all homeowners, in every way possible provided the warranty terms allows. Looking into your service request I see that you requested emergency service, and reasonable effort was made to accommodate that request. I know you were frustrated that the warranty terms do not allow us to cover for reimbursement or secondary damages. We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this service request.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Nothing but fast and professional service. We were immediately contacted following the submission of our claim, and Landmark followed up with us to ensure that the issue was taken care of, and to evaluate the service that we were provided. I appreciate the individualized attention to our claim.

Carly,

This is great news to hear! I am so glad that we could get you taken care of in a fast and friendly way. We look forward to assisting you in the future. Should you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I am happy to assist.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

We renewed our warranty after we purchased our home. Best decision we made. Landmark is there to help out. Our water heater went out last year and same day it was replaced. Now our furnace is in need of repairs, and they were helpful in getting someone to take a look at it quickly. Most definitely I will recommend Landmark to family and friends.

Rick,

Landmark understands how scary it can be to have major appliances and systems break. We are glad we could assist with your water heater, and look forward to the repair of your HVAC system. If we can do anything further, please let us know.

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My realtor introduced Landmark to me and my son works for them too. The warranty came when we were trying to sell the property three years ago. The rates have stayed fairly low with modest increases and when I needed it, I’ve had good service. When I submit a claim I want to talk to a person and, normally, I get straight through within a reasonable time. My most recent claim was on a leaky pipe on my hot water heater. They sent the guy out, and he assessed it and corrected it on the spot. So, it was done on the same visit, and that was fine, but the roof took time. Usually, when I submit a claim, I would be speaking to somebody that same day or the next day, and then I get the number. If I don’t hear from the contractor that day, I’ll call them the next day myself.

Ray,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry the roofing repair took longer than expected. You are a valued member of the Landmark Family. We love hearing our homeowners experiences. Should you need any assistance please let me know. I am happy to help.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I was with American Home Shield but they did some dirty stuff and they didn’t cover me. I then googled a new provider and got Landmark because they were well rated and had good reviews. I've already submitted a lot of claims with them and they have been very good. I do it over the phone, which takes no time at all, and I get to speak to a human who seems very nice during the process. I like that over AHS' online submissions. Also, my experience with Landmark largely contrasts with what I experience with AHS. I had some plumbing issues and the company they sent was fantastic. They called me quickly, got on the issue fast and got out of here really quickly. They were very helpful. Landmark has been good. I've told people about them and I would definitely recommend them.

However, right before Thanksgiving, my refrigerator broke. I had everything on dry ice, but Landmark took so long to get the company out that I lost everything. Then when the company came, they did a bad job and the unit broke down again. I wasn’t happy with that. Landmark then got me a different company who came quickly, but not fast enough to save the food I bought again. They also didn’t have parts and so they had to order parts which took time and the process took a total of one week. The whole thing then took three weeks. It would have been great if they get parts more quickly and efficiently but the company that they sent was good and the repairman knew his stuff and knew what has happened. We had to go and buy a small mini fridge so that my son could have some kind of food. After the service, repairman then told me that the unit is now in good shape and that it should last for a long time.

Corinna,

Your feedback is valuable to Landmark. I am sorry to hear about your fridge, though I am glad that it should be up and running for a long time to come. I know making the switch from one warranty company to another is intimidating. You never really know what you will experience, though we welcome you with open arms. I am confident that you will find the customer service at Landmark is superior. Please let us know if we can assist in any way.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Submitted my claim Aug 2017. THEIR vendor arrived and determined it was the heating element and that was about it. After several calls back to Landmark all I got was your claim has been submitted to vendor relations specialist. Finally in October I got them to refund me the initial $70 service fee but NEVER got my oven fixed. NEVER received a call from their vendor and sure as hell never received a call from Landmark. Stay away from Landmark.

James,

I want to apologize for this experience. I understand that it can be frustrating when you are not being communicated with. Landmark also feels that frustration. We count on our contractors to provide us with information, so that we can best deliver remarkable service. I sincerely apologize about this experience and I do hope that this remains an isolated experience. We have passed your complaint to the correct department for improvement. Should you have questions or concerns, please let me know. I am happy to assist.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We bought a new home last year, and have been with Landmark Home Warranty since early 2017. I have submitted several service requests due to plumbing and electrical issues with our new appliances. Landmark has responded immediately, and had us connected to professionals quickly.

Emily,

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy that Landmark has been successful in getting you taken care of. We strive to deliver remarkable service to each homeowner. Should you ever need anything please let me know.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

After noticing a problem with my furnace, I filed a claim online with Landmark. I was emailed an update within 12 hours by them. They sent my info to the contractor who would be working with me. The contractor contacted me almost immediately via text and a phone call. They were at my home the next day. And, after purchasing a replacement part, my furnace was running perfectly a couple of days later.

I couldnt be happier with the contractor they assigned to my claim. And I really appreciated the contact I had with Landmark. They were quick to help get my problem taken care of and they checked in with me periodically throughout the process to make sure EcoAir (the contractor) had scheduled an appointment with me, whether or not they showed up, if they fixed the issues or scheduled a follow-up, when the follow-up or set for, my overall rating of their work, and were available to resolve any questions or issues I had along the way. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience with Landmark!

Kimberly,

We are so glad the contractor was able to get out to you in a quick and efficient manner. Landmark understands just how scary having a major system or appliance can be. Please let me know if there is anything additional we can assist you with.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Water Softener Repairs - Landmark sent a company that the unit needed to be replaced. Landmark told me "Hire a company that would do the repairs and would pay for everything." Landmark says they would not pay for the service call because they contract it, but Landmark told me to.

Jeff,

I am so sorry this has happened. I see exactly what you are speaking of when I went through your service request. I will be refunding your initial service call fee that was paid directly to Landmark. Please let me know if there is anything additional I can assist with.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have been very happy with Landmark Home Warranty. They have exceeded any expectations. As a single female homeowner it gives me such peace of mind knowing they have my back whenever a problem arises in my home. I highly recommend them.

Leeann,

I am so glad to hear that you are satisfied with Landmark's service. We are always happy to assist, and we know that peace of mind is crucial to any homeowner. Please let us know if there is anything further you need.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

This place appears to be friendly and professional until you need a repair. They paid me $200 to replace a 2 yr old dishwasher, install an air trap and it was a 3 week stressful ordeal. How can you find a dishwasher for that price? Or wait additionally for a cheap one. Their vendors are mom and pop businesses. Their response is typically, "Your request is in review." I do Not recommend this company. They take your money. No problem but not committed to doing the right thing and timely fulfilling your contract.

Vicky,

your feedback is valuable. I understand that there was a communication issue on our end. We are constantly working to improve our efforts in communicating not only with our contractors, but also with our homeowners. occasionally being the liaison between the two can be difficult. The cash in lieu offer you received of over $200 was the cost of repairs, we also offered you a like replacement unit, which was accepted and then later declined. I am sorry for the frustrating involving this claim. We hope to make this an isolated experience for you. Please reach out to me directly should you have further questions or concerns. I am happy to help if I can.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Submitting a claim with Landmark has been very smooth. I make a phone call, give my card number, set a date up and then the technician will call me to confirm the date. I then will confirm with Landmark as well. The technician will then come and does his checking. He then tells me what's going on, the possible solutions, and he leaves. Landmark's technicians have been on time and friendly. I'm satisfied with my experience with Landmark.

Boxiao,

Thank you for your feedback. We value each homeowner. I am glad that your service request went smoothly. Should you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I am happy to assist in any way possible.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I’ve been with Landmark for about two months now. I’ve had two claims and one of them was an absolute nightmare. Landmark contacted me and they said I should contact this security company. I told them that I would be careful referring people to this alarm company because I Googled it and I looked at some of their responses, and they don’t have good remarks. This security company is not a really good company.

When I talked to that company, I told them that I haven’t even moved in yet and there were some things I need to fix, and I can meet them on this day, at this time. The next day, they called me and said they were at my house and were supposed to set up the security system. He started to set it up, and it wasn't even anything that I ordered. I talked to the guy on the phone for about 45 minutes and I said that I’d like two cameras and we went through everything.

But they missed a bunch of stuff and if that was all I was going to get, then I didn’t want it because I wanted keyless entry. Their rep listened to the call and said she’ll send him out there. Still no camera but I could do without it. In the meantime, this security company’s customer service texted me all day long. I drive for a living so I could not text them right back. If I didn’t respond to their text right away, they would call me and call me until I could answer the phone. And if I didn’t answer the phone, if I was in with a client, they would email me. I would get so many calls, emails, and texts, and it made me crazy.

After about a week of that, I contacted Landmark. The guy who answered the phone just said, “Well, sometimes that happens. You can’t please everybody. There’s nothing really that we can do. We just refer you to them. Do you have anything else?” I called them in good faith, saying, “Hey, you may want to look into this a little because that’s harassment. And you’re going to have a lot of people blaming you because you’re the one who transfers us to them without even asking us.” At that point, I have decided that I’m not going to use them anymore. I feel like I was totally screwed over. But it was one person that was awful to deal with and the rest of the people at Landmark were really nice. Also, they did well with my garage door after it fell off. The people who did it were amazing.

Cheri,

I am so sorry about that experience. We will definitely take your experience to our partners. We never want our homeowners to feel as though they are being harassed. We will do what we can for you. I am so glad your garage door was handled appropriately. Should you need anything please let us know. We are happy to assist in any way possible.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

For years, in all the houses, I've always used American Home Shield. Carol, my realtor, said that she’d like to use Landmark on this rental property that we bought. I haven’t known Landmark yet but she said that she’s used them for years. They’re somebody that she recommends. She’s not only a terrific realtor, she’s also a personal friend of ours. So, we tried them. We bought the house in July of last year. So, we’ve used Landmark and renewed it. We’ve been very impressed with them.

I have American Home Shield on my personal residence and it’s coming up to renew in December and I’m going to go to Landmark to see if I could get a price to have them take care of my house. That’s how happy I am. Landmark charges me $60 for a claim and American Home Shield is $75. Time and time again, I had to wait on hold with American Home Shield between 45 minutes and two hours to have them answer to get an appointment. With Landmark, I haven’t spent on hold for more than 10 minutes and they always follow up multiple times. I have called American Shield and they said that these people can't meet my schedule and they can’t do anything it. This year I’ve had that three times with American Home Shield and I’m tired of it.

All the claims that we’ve had with Landmark have been the maintenance ones. We had a drain that was plugged up and the people who showed up were professional and always on time. I would recommend any of them to anybody. They seem to always go above and beyond. I called Landmark once and there was a holiday that was coming up on a Monday and I had this guy who was just really overly booked. He told me he’d be out on a certain date and didn’t come out. Then, I got a call from him saying that he’s coming out and he asked if I had a ladder that he can use. I understand things happen and people get overbooked but when somebody asks me to provide them with equipment to do their job, I start to question them. So, I called Landmark and told them about it and they provided me somebody else immediately. I was happy with that. They took care of it for me.

The technicians that Landmark has sent are usually very professional. We just had one for our furnace and Red Dog was the name of the company. The guy that was there had his daughter. She was about 22 and she was there helping him. That was pretty cool. His daughter was as knowledgeable about it as he was. He was teaching her. They did a good job. Landmark also has a hell of a deal where they have a pre-season tune-up on furnaces. Landmark exceeds everything I ask for. I highly recommend them.

Craig,

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased to know you are satisfied with the service you have received. We would be happy to cover your personal home as well when your renewal comes. Give us a call, we would be happy to assist. If you ever have any questions please let me know. Landmark strives to deliver remarkable service to all homeowners.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We were shopping around for houses and Landmark was the one that my Realtor always use. We found our house that we got and I was using a different Realtor. She asked for a home warranty company I wanted and I told her Landmark since it was a familiar name to me. It was easy submitting a claim with Landmark. I was worried about how it was going to go and what was going to happen since our heater went out and it was super cold every time. I went online and was chatting with somebody late night on a Friday as they were open 24/7, which is cool. I was able to file the claim over the weekend, and then they had somebody come Monday afternoon. I chatted and texted with the claims rep, then she called me to verify everything that we needed and then took $60.

I received an email saying that I have an appointment scheduled with the heating air-conditioning place. After I had my appointment scheduled, I clicked on the link and then I let them know what time my appointment was. After that, there was a follow up to make sure that everything was taken care of. I had a good interaction with the technician, who was really nice, professional, and very fast. He fixed the heater in 10-15 minutes and was out of here. So far, I'm impressed with Landmark. However, when the cable of the garage door broke, I contacted them again and they said, it was something not covered, so I was bummed out. Nevertheless, Landmark had been what I needed in a home warranty.

Tiffany,

I am so glad that you were taken care of in a timely manner. We know that it can be scary to have items and systems in your new home break down. We offer peace of mind when these things happen, knowing that we are always available to open a claim. Additionally each representative you speak with should be able to discuss your specific coverage with you and answer any questions. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. I am always happy to help.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The Landmark warranty was included when we bought the home and we chose to stay with them in case of breakdowns of major appliances like the air-conditioning. Their website is easy to navigate and I usually submit a claim online. The process was not difficult at all and for the most part, we’ve had good success. My interaction with the reps was informational, like setting up dates and times, and it’s fairly quick for somebody to get back to me. Some of the technicians that they send are better than the others. There are always a few that want to add additional services and they might say, “We’ll do this, this and this for X-hundred dollars” but you really don’t have any reference point as to whether that’s a good deal or a fair deal. But once you learn that, you go, “Okay, I’ll check around before I tell you.” Overall, we had a pretty positive experience with Landmark.

Michael,

Thank you so much for this review. Our website is the quickest way to submit a claim. We know that not everyone has time to wait on hold, and we try to keep the hold times down, though we are not always equipped to know our call volume beforehand. I am glad that the website has assisted you in getting your needs taken care of. We strive to deliver remarkable service to all homeowners. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with. We are happy to help.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We purchased a home warranty through Landmark when we purchased our home and are very glad we did. Our hot water heater went out and Landmark took care of us efficiently, promptly, and quickly. They were there through each step of the process and followed up consistently to be sure we were having the best experience possible. Highly recommended!

Amanda,

Your honest feedback is most appreciated. Landmark is glad that your water heater was taken care of in a quick and efficient manner. Should you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I am happy to assist in any way possible.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I'm a month behind in my payment due to an emergency, of which I explained to the manager, she did want to hear that, I ask if that payment to the back of the loan? She yelled at me telling me they don't do that, and that I need to bring $378. I only had my regular payment yesterday, I told her I couldn't take any money out of my mortgage payment. She told me if I don't have the other by next "Friday" they would put a lien on my check. I get disability and nothing else.

Julia,

Landmark Home Warranty does not work in Mississippi. I cannot find a contract with your information attached to it. You may have reviewed the incorrect business, however we do hope you get this resolved. I am sorry for your emergency.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I’ve had to call once a week/every other week for three months and their end of the contract has still not been met. It has been a struggle for me and them to get ahold of EcoAir to follow through on what needs to be fixed.

Amber,

I apologize for the delay. As of the 3rd of this month, the check was being reissued to you to the correct address. Please let me know if you have further concerns or questions. I am happy to assist.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My Landmark warranty was a gift from the seller upon taking out a mortgage on the house that we bought. We have been with them for about six months now and I have submitted a claim on a dishwasher that was making a horrific noise. I called them then they referred me to a local technician. It was easy to set up an appointment and the guy showed up when he said he would. It turned out that there wasn’t anything wrong with the dishwasher as it was a ‘Me’ problem because of where I was putting the dial. The guy was really professional about it and told me how to run the dishwasher better. He also told me where to put the dial instead. He was very helpful and he solved the problem. My experience with Landmark was easier than any other insurance claim I’ve ever done.

John,

We love to hear that our homeowners are being taken care of in a timely and professional manner. We know that it can be frustrating and stressful learning about a new home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly should you have any further questions. We are always happy to help.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My wife and I have been trying to get our a.c. for the upstairs. Fixed for the better part of two weeks. With no avail. No returned phone calls. No info on where we stand with the repairs. They asked for the home inspection report the very next day we provided it. Still nothing. We sent it Tuesday. Called several times and nothing still. Very disappointed with them. As for the company they sent out Military Air. The first time we had them here for the downstairs ac. Not much good I can say about them either. Had to tell the guy to remove his shoes so he didn't track mud throughout our house. Just really disappointed with Landmark and anyone associated with them. Would NOT recommend them to anyone.

Randy,

I see you are frustrated with the amount of time that it took to replace the condensing unit, as well as the lack of communication. This is completely understandable, and I want to apologize. I see we are/have replaced the condensing unit. We diligently work to take care of our homeowners while following internal processes and adhering to the contract terms. Please let me know if there is anything further we can assist you with.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My agent, whom I used to purchase my home got a quote from Landmark Home Warranty. She then told me that it's good so I just picked it up. Submitting a claim is easy. However, it doesn't make sense that someone calls again to verify my authenticity and they're doing it to assign the claim to a contractor. And while they ask valid questions, this can be avoided or shortened by creating options on their website to capture those details. If they had an option where I can give information while raising my claim, then it saves a lot of time for both sides.

The claims representatives are okay. A couple of times, it really took a very long time to get a contract signed. But most of the time, I get an email once I hang up the phone telling me that a contractor has been assigned, and then the process starts. As for the technicians, they generally call us. Some other times, they will ask me what the issue is, and some other times they don't. They just come over and then they understand the problem and resolve it.

So far, from what I see from the service providers who come to do the work, the coverage which Landmark provides is better than most other insurance companies. However, the prices seem to be going up every year. It has gone up to almost 30% from what I was paying when I bought my house in 2015. If the price goes up again, then I would definitely just switch to another service provider. Other than that, everything is good and I would still recommend Landmark to my friends.

Subhabarata,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding pricing to our executive team. I do appreciate that you provided specific examples of how we can improve. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know. I am happy to assist.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My experience with Landmark Home Warranty was a mess. Somebody recommended Landmark to me when I was buying a condo and I went with it. The day I got to my new place, the AC didn't work. I submitted a claim and the technicians were helpful at first. However, they awfully gave me different information. One told me this had been an issue for months and there's no way the previous owner didn't know, which I have in an email, and so I was trying to get information to get the previous owner to pay. When I went to talk to them again, they were like, "Well, no, it could've happened overnight.” We have no way of knowing. They wouldn't confirm that. I had gotten an attorney and everything.

Everyone I spoke with at Landmark was very helpful though. They attempted to help and get me information. However, I always had to talk to a different person every time I call. I had to speak to 15 different people and re-explain it over and over again over the course of trying to get it done. So it took a really long time. Then they misquoted my claim, my estimate on how much it was going to be. It ended up being $200 more, and I was still expected to cover that. They didn't even cover to check for a leak. And I couldn't move in until my issue with the AC contractor was taken care of. Things have been a mess for about a month, and really frustrating. But it’s taken care of now. Overall, my experience was a hassle and a little disappointing.

Sarah,

I am so sorry this experience happened at all, let alone to you. You are a valuable member of the Landmark Family. I am sorry your HVAC claim was so difficult. There were several events that occurred into making this a difficult process for you. We take all feedback very seriously, and I will be sure to get this to our contractor relations department to address. Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with. I am happy to help.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I‘m completely satisfied with Landmark's service. I've had them for eight years since I bought my house because I like them. They always take care of me. Submitting a claim is easy and the technicians who came out have been great. Everything is excellent.

Terry,

Thank you so much for being a valued member of the Landmark Family. We are so appreciative of your continued decision to choose Landmark. We know you have several options, thank you for choosing to stay with Landmark. Should you ever need anything, please let me know. I am happy to assist in any way possible.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I've had Landmark Home Warranty for a couple of years. I had no real claims the first year so very little claims experience. Now I had a hot water heater fail and I'm learning a lot about how they DON'T cover in this case. They sent their preferred plumber and charged me $70.00 to tell me my hot water heater was leaking and needs to be replaced. Duh! They gave me an estimate which includes an additional charge of $1225 for a total replacement cost, including service call of $1295.00. Landmark Home Warranty said they would not cover any code required upgrades because "those parts did not fail." Therefore, my out of pocket for the repair of the "covered hot water heater" is $695.00. The cost of the warranty is a little more than $600.00 a year for a total of $1295 for the year with my out of pocket repair cost. Mathematically, the value of the Landmark Home Warranty right now is ZERO! You do the math! I will not renew.

Brian,

I have looked through your contract and most recent service request to best determine if I could be of assistance. I see that you elected to have the unit replaced, though we did offer you a cash in lieu option. You could have selected to cash in lieu option and found a different plumber with maybe less costs for their modifications, however you did not choose that option. In these types of circumstances, I must remind you that the contractors are independent of Landmark and the pricing that the contractor gives cannot be controlled by us, but someones can be negotiated with the contractor.

I know you are frustrated and I apologize for this. We look forward to getting your unit repaired.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

When I purchased my house, Landmark was one of the warranty companies that were offered. We spoke with our Realtor and asked her advice. And she said, she uses Landmark and a lot of people use it, too. Everything has worked well for us. They’ve been taking care of all of our issues and the pricing was really good for us. There was only one time when I had an issue with the contractor they used. They subcontract to different companies and one plumber came and told us a bunch of stuff, and said they'd come back. They never came back on the day they were supposed to, and they didn’t even call. But Landmark ended up giving me a different plumber who came out and fixed the issue for me.

Chris,

Thank you for choosing Landmark Home Warranty. We value our homeowners and hope that every experience is a positive one. I am glad that you've provided this feedback. Our homeowners are the best catalyst for change, and the only way we know what to change is through your feedback. We look forward to working with you again.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

We purchased our existing home just over 2 years ago. The home warranty was part of the home purchase. We have renewed the warranty each of the past two years. We recently had a problem with our Microwave. The unit begin emitting sparks inside of the oven when attempting to pop a bag of microwave popcorn. We immediately turned off the oven and ceased operation. We called your firm to set up a service call. After a day we got a call from the service company and the appointment was set for between 1-4 PM CDT. On the day of the appointment, we got a call at 4:10 PM CDT stating that their technician could not make it and they no-showed us after the back end of their appointment window had come and gone. (Not professional in any way!)

A second appointment was set and upon arrival, the technician looked at the microwave for less than 5 minutes. He did not remove the oven from the built-in cabinet or remove any parts or components. He only opened the door to the unit. After which he told my wife that he was going to recommend to the home warranty company that the unit be replaced because there was a couple of exposed metal areas in the internal cooking chamber. The service call which we paid for was not even close to being thorough. We have to pay for the service call but no parts or components are removed to truly learn the cause of the issue. It is important to note that the unit DID NOT have the claimed exposed internal metal spots before the original incident when the sparks happened, when attempting to cook the popcorn.

Today we received a communication from the warranty company that stated that they do not cover the internal portion of the microwave oven. We believe that the magnetron on the microwave has malfunctioned and created the exposed metal spots and burned off the coating due to arcing. The warranty company is claiming that they do not cover the inside of the microwave housing. What doesn't add up is that the technician that was sent to our home stated to us that he was going to recommend replacement of the unit to be covered by the warranty. Then Landmark denies the claim stating that metal is exposed. The stories do not add up. What good is a warranty if it excludes the parts and components that will most likely go bad on an appliance? READ EVERY WORD OF YOUR WARRANTY BEFORE PURCHASING AS THERE ARE EXCLUSIONS EVERYWHERE.

Mr. Birner,

Thank you for allowing Landmark to review your claim. I see that you are frustrated with the denial of your built in microwave.

The way that Landmark works, is that we receive an unbiased diagnosis with exactly what is happening with the unit, by a licensed and bonded independent contractor. We then compare the diagnosis with the contract terms to determine coverage. Where the diagnosis was that "the microwave has exposed metal in the interior lining, needs new microwave," we compared that to your warranty terms.

The first term we look at is the built in microwave coverage. The exclusions are: Lights or light sockets; racks; rollers; runner guards; shelves; interior linings; timers and clocks (that do not affect the heating or cleaning operation of the unit); knobs; portable or counter top microwaves.

As you can see interior linings are specifically an exclusion.

The other part of our contract that prevents us from covering your microwave is Section D. This contract does not cover: number 6. Consequential or secondary damage, including consequential damages due to a service contractor's conventional repair efforts of the primary item.

It is unfortunate that we will not be able to cover for this. I understand that it is frustrating. We are happy to assist in any way that the contract permits. We must remain within the warranty terms so as to be equitable to all homeowners.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Submitting a claim at Landmark has been easy. The only issue is sometimes, I've had trouble getting a hold of the providers on one or two occasions. I had to go to a different provider but that wasn’t too bad. Also, the technicians know what they were doing and they’ve done a good job. Landmark has been really responsive overall.

Matthew,

Thank you for being part of the Landmark Family. We do our very best to provide remarkable service to all homeowners. I am glad that the providers have been knowledgeable and courteous. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if you need anything. We are always happy to help.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information