2.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price. Current Special: order a $450 warranty and get washer & dryer coverage for free!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1465 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Filed a claim for the AC of my house not cooling well. Contractor sent by warranty claimed this was caused by having contaminated refrigerant (R-410, I think) and they quoted over $800 for the repair, after including the Landmark Warranty customer discount. Landmark rejected the claim stating the issue was not due to "normal wear and tear", so they were not going to cover anything. They also rejected/ignored my request to have a second opinion on the matter. So my $70 service call fee went for a waste.

I had a second contractor come inspect my AC and his diagnostic was totally different and much less costly. Also, this contractor looked at both my interior and exterior units before the diagnosis, when the first contractor only looked at the outside one and made his judgment of contaminated refrigerant, and no good explanation of how that would had happened. As a side note, although customer service told me that I could pay the service fee to the contractor, the two agents that received my initial claim required me paying the service fee directly to them, otherwise they will not schedule a contractor to come. End of story: I did not renew my home warranty.

Dear Jeronimo,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with your A/C unit. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I would like the opportunity to review your service request in more detail to better address your concerns. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

When the AC unit stopped working the conclusion was that it was the compressor. Despite the fact that a warranty was in place they said they will only replace the compressor and everything else including freon, hallway, flushing, and reclamation which are all mandatory by state law was something I had to pay $825. I was not permitted to do anything myself to save money. Less than 30 days goes by and the same thing broke. This time they said it would be $860. Extremely frustrated and will be taking this matter to concerned parties.

Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your A/C unit. Typically, modifications are needed when a major system is replaced to ensure the new system works with your home. The warranty covers for covered systems that have gone into failure and unfortunately does not cover for modifications. These will in turn become an out of pocket expense to you. If you are unhappy with the expense, an alternative option can be looked into.

At this time, the compressor of your unit is under a manufacture warranty. It is advised that you reach out to the manufacture as their warranty trumps Landmark’s warranty.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Their service request department is a joke! To start, I opened a service request and the contractor assigned does not believe in communication (separate issue). The issue was not fixed on the first visit nor the second. I called Landmark again to recall the service request. The contractor is unreachable and I've been calling Landmark for 4 days in a row to get a status on my service request. It was always the same story, we've tried to contact the contractor and sent them an email to get a status.

After, the 4th day I requested to speak to a supervisor and she advises that the contractor canceled the recall! Why couldn't the agents the past 3 days see and relay this information! What a good way to waste everyone's time! The only solution they can provide is issue another recall and contact the contractor. In the meantime I have deal with a leaking sink! After doing research and speaking to former customers, I can understand why they did not renew. Their customer service truly lacks.

Dear Daniel,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to review your service request in more detail to better address your concerns. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Had open a ticket for a shower leak. Ticket number one **, actually all three showers for working. They send out Lion's Den Plumbing who took 3 days to get there the first time, leak came back. Called Lion's Den. They told me they don't want either work Landmark warranty there work. Called Landmark. They open another ticket. Call Lion's Den back. They can't get me in for 4 days. Great customer service when someone has an emergency leak.

Dear Christopher,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your leak. We have sent a recall ticket to Lion’s Den to go back out to your home to check their work at no additional cost to you if the issue is related to the original leak. I see that you have a scheduled appointment for 09/17/18.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The reason that I was considering canceling services was lack of assistance and ownership of your customer support team. One of the reps said I would receive a return phone call for my AC repair and sure enough no one did. When I acted and call the AC repair company myself after the 4-hour window that was promised, I found out they were closed. Instead of just submitting a case, shouldn’t you guys have a playbook on who’s one on the weekends that can help my customer?

At that instant I was livid. Then I proceeded to call you guys back, explaining my dissatisfaction. Another rep got a different AC repair place scheduled – and of my asking, called them after wanting to ensure this is going to be handled. Being I lost trust in your support staff, I called and spoke with the AC repair company and was told they wouldn’t be able to help me until Monday or Tuesday. Just to clarify, this was Saturday mid-day.

I read my contract and I know AC isn’t considered a high severity. That wasn’t the case. My point was you have reps…(How can I make your day more pleasant), when all they should’ve said is, "Look. I cannot tell how/when they will get this done, but your case was submitted. If you have any questions call the number sent in your email followed by explaining the company’s policy."

I’m an Operation Center Problem Manager with the largest for nonprofit service provider in the world. If you ever donated, it was probably hosted by us. I understand processes/SLA. I felt let down by your firm. I had to go outside of your network at 1PM that afternoon begging for them to come repair my AC – and paid a lot of money for that to happen. I called back your customer service department and explained for your company to make amends should pay half my invoice for all that transpired and like the robots they are, they just gave me that copout justifications and no sympathy.

Dear Chris,

I greatly appreciate your honest feedback and the time you have taken to share it. I have forwarded it to the appropriate department to implement the necessary steps to improve our services for our homeowners.

At this time, your warranty will remain in an active status and is available for your use. I apologize for the frustrations this experience may have caused you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly for any further questions or concerns you may have.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I have auto pay. This is the second time in about 6 months that it has not been paid on the auto date I have set up. The first time it happened it said that I did not have a valid credit card number yet it was the same I have used and was still valid. Now August's payment has not been taken out. The card still is accurate and valid.

Dear Joan,

I am sorry to hear of your billing issue. I would like the opportunity to review your warranty to determine the cause of this. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We have renewed our Landmark Home Warranty every year after bought our house. We have been very happy with the service as well as the technicians they have sent out have been great to work with. The customer support has been great as well, when we have any questions about what is covered and what is not.

Dear Dan,

We are glad to have the opportunity to provide you with a peace of mind for your home! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The service was completed. However, with only 2 companies contracting with Landmark, it is very difficult to get timely service. In this case, we were in the hottest time of the year, in Texas heat of 100+ degrees daily. My mother is 80 and in poor health, yet we could not get "emergency response" for our service. Landmark needs more than 2 A/C companies in the greater San Antonio area under contract.

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Have had someone out 4 times with nothing fixed. Was told I may be putting dishes in incorrectly. I see where it’s leaking but can’t get it to do it now. I had to take time off work each time and was charged for visits. Then told we will send you a check for $66 to repair it or put it toward a new dishwasher. All the money I lost (wages) paid out I could of bought a new dishwasher. I don’t see how if they couldn’t fix it in four trips that $66 is going to cover anything. I have also had contacted them regard AC unit that was leaking. Told they didn’t cover that either. I'm wondering what they will cover. My daughter had coverage with another company with no issues. They say they cover appliances, AC, garage door opener, etc. I know I could and will not recommend this company.

Dear Judy,

I am sorry to hear of your experiences with us thus far. The warranty guarantees our contractor’s work for 30 days. If a failure still persists within this time, we can open a recall ticket. At no additional service call fee to you, the contractor would be sent back out to check their work. Unfortunately, you were out of this time period when you had opened each service request for your dishwasher.

The cash out that was sent to you was the parts and labor at Landmark’s cost for the covered parts. According to the last diagnosis, the inner panel needed to be replaced. However, this is not a covered item as it does not affect the functionality of the dishwasher. The gasket also needed to be replaced. This is covered under the warranty. Your cash out was for this part.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We have had multiple claims in the past 12 months and Landmark has been easy to work with and supported us each time...Thanks! The contractors recommended by Landmark have been great and contacted us quickly and arrived on time. We have just renewed coverage with Landmark, adjusting our plan slightly and taking advantage of monthly billing rather than paying up-front for an entire year... nice. We would recommend that homeowners consider Landmark when shopping for a Home Warranty.

Dear Richard,

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I called in last night to update my card since I got a new debit card. I needed to make a claim for my washer. I found out it’s not covered under my warranty. My fault. So I authorized $60 for my August payment that was pending. That was the only amount pending. I wake up this morning to find $195 for purchase?!?! What is that for! I’m not happy. Can someone please get back to me ASAP on what that is for. Thanks.

Dear Darrin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It appears the $195.00 payment that was taken out was for 3 past due service call fees. The service requests were for your A/C unit, ceiling fan, and your pool. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions, I would be happy to assist you. You can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Landmark has been helpful in repairing my AC and heater each time that they have broken, expenses that I otherwise would have had difficulty affording. The week long wait without AC in the summer and a heater in the winter has been very painful though.

Dear Peter,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear more on your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Thank you for your patience and positive feedback.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

He changed the door locks and helped redo the lock on the garage door opener. Helped me immensely. He listened to my concerns as well. Each night is a challenge with the stalker I have. Pain and torture is the point, not hit and run.

Dear Betty,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 5-star service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I recently had to put in a call for an AC check. Living where I do, it's a necessity to keep the cool air on. And, as always, the Landmark representative with whom I spoke was very professional and courteous. They always are and I have no complaints.

Dear Jill,

We are pleased to hear that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service. We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Cameron was a great help on the follow-up call. He was checking in on our current request to have our shower fixed. Let me know that Landmark ALSO has not heard from the plumbing company. Cameron offered to send a follow-up to the plumber for us.

Dear Jennifer,

We are pleased to hear that Camron was able to provide you with 5-star service! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for the time you have taken to share it! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I have submitted 4 claims with Landmark. Landmark denied 2 out of 4 claims. They approved the 2 very inexpensive repairs which I could have done myself except that I was out of town on business when my wife called them in. Interestingly enough both the expensive claims were denied as "not covered". I never received a satisfactory explanation why the repairs were not covered. But as they involved air conditioning failure in the middle of a Texas summer I had no choice but to pay for the repairs myself instead of wasting time arguing with Landmark.

Dear David,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experiences with Landmark. I would like the opportunity to review your service request in more detail to better address your concerns. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have not been happy with your contractors and the last one, who came to 'fix' the A/C was the worst. I will not be renewing my contract. I did experience excellent customer service from you when placing a service call, and following up, but other than that, it's the work that is important, and that was not to my satisfaction.

Dear Debby,

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. Landmark works with independent contractors to ensure there are unbiased diagnoses. I would like to discuss the specific contractor you are referring to.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Service tech very professional. Service call did not provide anything. Extra charges for everything! Leak detection $249! Other companies include in their call. My AC had to be replaced and Home Warranty did not do squat! As far as I am concerned, I have been ripped off!

Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I see that the service request you had opened was for a pre-season tune-up. This is a service the warranty offers to assist our homeowners in maintaining their unit and getting it ready for the upcoming season.

If a failure was found, a new request would need to be opened. I do not see this was ever reported to us. If your unit has a failure, please reach out to us at 866-306-2999 to open a new request to assist you. Once the diagnosis is given, coverage will be determined.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com for any further questions or concerns you may have.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Awful communication and customer service; we've been waiting days as they attempt to get dimensions from the contractor who already came out over 24 hours ago to diagnose the failed water heater. At this point, we are at 4 days and have more to go without warm water, and were told: "there are other ways to bathe your infant". I understand some processes may take a while, but telling your customer to "call back in an hour or two" repeatedly is not acceptable when it goes on for over a day with no progress. Nor is substantiating a loss of hot water by suggesting that you find another way to bathe your infant child. This is a poorly run business with a severe lack of urgency and empathy at the customer service level, and as such I will be renewing with one of their competitors. There's a reason their average rating is substantially below some of the other blue chips in the industry. Do not just go with the company your realtor suggests - do your research.

Dear Colby,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. It is not the service we intend to provide. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. It will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to implement the necessary training to better our services.

The diagnosis is currently being reviewed to determine coverage. Once we know what we can do to move forward with your service request, a representative will reach out to you to go over the next steps.

In the meantime, you are welcomed to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com for any further questions or concerns you may have.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have good experience with Landmark. It is the contractors that seem to take a while getting the job done. The first one assigned to me, did not do the job correctly. They put the wrong sand in my filter which caused two months of a green pool and several calls to Landmark and lots of frustration. I would and have recommended Landmark!

Dear Jill,

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Your tech came out. Gave an incomplete diagnosis, just rusted primary drain pan. I had another company come out to tell me what was completely wrong with my air conditioning unit (clogged pipe and leaking coil). I called to have your tech come back out. Your rep said okay and contacted the company who contacted me. Next thing I know somebody else calls from Landmark and says they're not coming out, they did what they were supposed to. I've had three independent companies tell me what is supposed to be done, clogged pipe blown out to stop leak and Landmark refuses to do it. Especially after telling me that blowing out the pipe, which is necessary and covered under my warranty, can only be done if I pay $300 for the original tech to come back out to fix primary drain pan.

Dear Errol,

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have two issues: 1. Telling me that a repairman was being dispatched on a weekend when that wasn't going to happen. 2. Having an unreasonable emergency air conditioning repair policy that required air temperatures to reach 100 f before dispatching a repairman. My air conditioner broke down sometime Friday night or Saturday. I called for emergency dispatch Saturday morning. A contractor was assigned. I waited for a call then called the contractor. All voicemail boxes were full.

I called back Landmark and was told it won't be until Tuesday that the issue could be fixed and that the issue wasn't an emergency until it was 100 degrees. Well, I wasted four hours waiting when I could have called my own repairman. I ended up paying for the repair out of pocket. And it did end up getting to 100 degrees but I was not going to be homeless for an entire weekend or having my 3yr old and 1yr old sweatbox it out at home. I told dispatch about the child situation and it didn't matter.

Dear Abdul,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your A/C unit. Under normal circumstances, services will be initiated within 1-2 business days. Given the day, the representative was able to make reasonable efforts to find a contractor with an availability for the following Tuesday.

I understand this frustrating experience and would still like to offer our assistance. You had requested to cancel your claim. We can re-open the claim and have a contractor out to diagnose your unit as quickly as possible. If you are interested in this, you can call into the office at 866-306-2999 or reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Everything with the appointment went well and the contractor did an excellent job. However, at the time I didn’t realize I wasn’t supposed to directly pay the service call fee so I paid him $70. Then when the ticket was completed Landmark also charged me the $70. Upon speaking with a representative, I was asked to provide evidence of my payment to the contractor which I did with a direct reply to the requesting email with copy of the deposited check. Approximately one week later I received another email again asking me for the evidence. I replied to that email again with the copy of the deposited check and haven’t heard anything since. I still have yet to receive a refund of the $70 from either Landmark or the contractor.

Dear Jonathan,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your refund for the service call fee. We have coordinated with the contractor and they will be refunding you the $70.00 service call fee.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com for any further questions or concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I originally contacted Landmark to put in a service claim for my refrigerator. I promptly received an email letting me know a contractor had been assigned, and within a few hours had set up an appt for the contractor to stop by. That's where the pleasantness ends. Ever since then, it has been unanswered phone call and texts to the contractor, repeated phone calls to Landmark to try and find out what is happening, to no avail. It has been two weeks and they don't even have a diagnosis on the issue with my fridge yet.

I finally asked to have a different contractor assigned, they told me I would hear back within 4 hours, from a new contractor to set up an appt. Well 4 hours later, and no phone call, I called back and was informed that the department that had to approve that was not available, and I would have to wait for them to review my request before another contractor could be assigned! SURE, WHY NOT? I'VE ONLY BEEN WAITING FOR TWO WEEKS TO HAVE THIS ADDRESSED!!!

Dear Arnoldo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your refrigerator. We were able to reassign your service request to a new contractor. On 08/30/18, we received their diagnosis. It is currently being reviewed for coverage. Once we are able to determine the next steps of your service request, a representative will reach out to you to go over the details.

In the meantime, you can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com for any further questions you may have.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

My washer stopped working, made a call to Landmark Home Warranty and within 2hrs of the call had a repair tech at my home. Parts had to be ordered and once they were in they let me know what day/time he would be at the house.

Dear Kathy,

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Landmark was recommended to me by my realtor but I have had nothing but issues when trying to use their service. I have currently been trying to get plumbing fixed since Saturday... It is currently Monday and I have yet to get any clear answer on what's going on with my claim or who is being assigned to it. I used them not even a month ago for the same issue and the plumber did not fix it, now I'm paying a second service fee for the same plumbing issue and still have nothing to show for it... No assigned plumber and no clear answer on when I may get a plumber out to fix our plumbing. So I am on day 3 of not having a bathroom shower to use unless I want to cause further water damage to my home. Beware of this company, they are slow to respond, can't give clear answers (each representative tells you something different), and are just eager to collect your service fee.

Dear Holly,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your plumbing. Our contractor relations department has been contacted. Once we have an update from them, we will be able to update you on how we can move forward. I have asked that the matter be escalated as you do not have any plumbing use in your home. A representative will reach out to you to go over the details.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, you can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Needed a/c check up. $70.00 service call. We invited we wanted a "repair order" ticket. Landmark warranty phone rep insisted we needed a "tune up" service. $70.00 more, AC Repairman arrived and said we needed freon added and that we needed to call Landmark back and open "repair order" ticket. $80.00 additional charge for freon. $220 is one damn expensive service call for just adding freon. Seems as if "home warranty providers" are a scam set up between title companies. I will avoid at all cost next time around. Live and learn - buyer beware. Most companies will give a free estimate first.

Dear Mark,

I was able to listen to the call you had with the representative when you first opened the claim. The tune up was recommended as your unit was not currently in failure. The representative also went over the process you would take to open a repair ticket if a failure was found during the tune-up. When a failure is found during a pre-season tune-up, a new repair ticket would need to be opened with an additional service call fee to perform the needed repairs. The tune-up is a service we offer to assist our homeowners in maintaining their HVAC units and getting them ready for the upcoming season. Due to your experience, I have refunded one of your service call fees. It will take 3-5 business days to go back onto your card, depending on your bank. I am sorry if there were any miscommunication.

The warranty covers up to $20.00 per pound of freon. The remaining amount would be an out of pocket expense to you. I would be happy to go over any coverage details with you or answer any questions you may have.

I’d also like to invite you to reevaluate your rating and review if I was able to remedy the situation. If there is anything more I can do to better your experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. You can reach me at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

They took $300 from me and won't repair my pool sweep. Two of their employees told me that the wheel on the pool sweep was covered. Then 10 minutes later a manager called me and told me that their employees lied, and that it's not covered. Now I am out $300.

Dear Diane,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with your pool sweep. Typically, the warranty will only cover the motor for the pool sweep. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I would like the opportunity to review your service request in more detail to better address your concerns. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Landmark Home Warranty is happy to take my money for service call fees, but refuses to pay out when the diagnosis warrants repair. They blatantly deny legitimate repairs that are listed as covered under our contract terms. We’ve had several denials which went against our warranty terms. They simply will NOT honor their own contract. We have been denied repair for our water heater because the pilot light was going out intermittently. Landmark claims that the pilot light on our water heater is a separate appliance, one which is not listed as covered under our contract. I’m not sure how our water heater could function without its pilot light, but whatever, I got sick of arguing. Then there was the matter of a code violation also with water heater, which was apparently improperly installed.

My contract specifically states that Landmark would pay to have code-violations corrected. This was also denied. Then there was an electrical issue that Landmark refused to have repaired. They went as far as to blame ME for the issue, saying it was because our window that we installed caused the electrical issue. Landmark had documented proof that the issue was present prior to our window being installed, yet they still denied our claim. I have paid the service fee for an HVAC contractor to come out and fix my AC a total of (I believe) 5 times. These service calls could have all been avoided if Landmark didn’t send a contractor out here that PRETENDED to perform an AC tune-up for a mere $65. Now Landmark is refusing to pay for the cracked condensate line, which is listed as covered under our warranty.

Bottom line, Landmark will only pay for the repair/replacement of your covered items IF the repair costs LESS than the service fee. For instance, pest control service. I received a bill from the pest control company that Landmark send out. The fee for their service was less than the $65 fee, which I assume is why Landmark was willing to cover that particular fee. They were making profit. Do not assume your contract with Landmark will be honored by both you, and Landmark. They don’t care what the contract states, and they will deny your claims listed as covered.

Dear Blaise,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear of your experiences with Landmark thus far.

I was able to review your service request for your water heater. It was found that your unit did not have a vent and it would need one installed. The warranty only covers for items that are properly installed at the time of the effective dates. Due to the vents were missing, it would not be covered. Your pilot light was not lighting because your unit was not properly venting. In order for the code violations to be covered, the part would need to be installed and in failure.

For your A/C unit, we are currently pending the diagnosis from the contractor’s last visit. Once that has been submitted and reviewed, a representative will be reaching out to you to inform you on how we will be able to move forward.

If you have any questions you can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We recently had our microwave oven stop working for us. We called Landmark Home Warranty, who set up an appointment with a home repair company. They came to the house within 36 hours of calling LHW. They accessed the microwave, gave LHW the option of repairing the appliance or sending us a check for a replacement with similar features. In our case, due to the age of the appliance (14 years old), they decided to replace our microwave. We went out and purchased a new one within hours and had our repair serviceman install it for us for a small fee. LHW mailed us a check for the replacement microwave within 7 days and we couldn't be happier with their service. Better than we could have imagined.

Dear Mike,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 5-star service for your microwave. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Landmark Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Landmark Home Warranty, headquartered in Riverton, Utah, was established in 2004. The company currently serves customers in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah, and it plans to expand nationwide in the future. Landmark offers several plan choices as well as additional coverage so consumers can select the protection they need.

• Live customer support: Customers will work with their dedicated account manager throughout the claims process should any of their covered equipment malfunction.

• Quick response time: Customers are guaranteed to have an independent contractor contact them within four business hours and, if the call requires emergency service, a contractor will call within one hour.

• Low service fee: Customers pay a relatively low service fee of $60 to $70 per visit, depending on their location. Consumers can see the price for service calls in their state by visiting the company’s website.

• Clear costs: Interested customers can go to Landmark’s website to see fees for warranties for both home sellers and existing homeowners. By providing some personal information, they can get a customized quote.

• Homeowner Dashboard: Landmark customers can access everything related to their warranty online via the Homeowner Dashboard. From there, they can view their coverage, file a claim or renew their policy.

• Best for: recent homebuyers, existing homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information