2.98/5
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

PROS

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

CONS

• Coverage not available in all states

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

12/02/2018

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

03/12/2019

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone.

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

1590 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This was my first time using a home warranty, our dishwasher was leaking pretty bad. I submitted a ticket online, and within a few hours the service company contacted me and set up a appointment. The service company had to order the part so they said it would be a couple days to get fixed. Landmark followed up with new and the company to make sure my problem was fixed as soon as possible. Overall it was a great experience.

Dear Bryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We have never had a home warranty before. Bought this home a year ago. Have had 4 different times when we needed to use our warranty. Landmark was there 100%. They have taken care of each claim quickly and efficiently. 4 different contractors, plumber, electrician, appliance and heating have been here. Each and everyone called and set up an appointment within a few hours. They took care of each claim and had our problems solved in timely manners. We were so impressed with Landmark's agents and contractors that we renewed our warranty. 5 stars to Landmark and to their contractors.

Dear Glenda,

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Right when I moved into the home we bought, our dryer broke. Landmark had a vendor come out and it was taken care of within the week. A week later the washer broke. Landmark again had a vendor come assess the problem. This time Landmark decided it was more cost effective to replace the washer. Within a week we had a new washer on our doorstep. It was quick and easy and they took care of our needs! Thank you!

Dear Amy,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner for your washer and dryer! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Tiffany

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have good experience with Landmark. It is the contractors that seem to take a while getting the job done. The first one assigned to me, did not do the job correctly. They put the wrong sand in my filter which caused two months of a green pool and several calls to Landmark and lots of frustration. I would and have recommended Landmark!

Dear Jill,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear more on your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We recently had our microwave oven stop working for us. We called Landmark Home Warranty, who set up an appointment with a home repair company. They came to the house within 36 hours of calling LHW. They accessed the microwave, gave LHW the option of repairing the appliance or sending us a check for a replacement with similar features. In our case, due to the age of the appliance (14 years old), they decided to replace our microwave. We went out and purchased a new one within hours and had our repair serviceman install it for us for a small fee. LHW mailed us a check for the replacement microwave within 7 days and we couldn't be happier with their service. Better than we could have imagined.

Dear Mike,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 5-star service for your microwave. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Tiffany

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2019

If you are shopping for a home warranty, beware. Make sure you read the fine print. If your air conditioner or any appliance has any type of warranty, Landmark will not help you, even for the labor. Be aware that air conditioner warranty only cover parts and Landmark feels you are completely liable for the labor. If your air conditioner is old, the warranty will help pay for about half of the cost of the replacement but you will continue to pay the same monthly fee through Landmark and not get any more services for your air conditioner. I have talked with the manufacturer, Landmark and the installation company. None of them are able to help. I did not choose the manufacturer or the installation company, those were chosen by Landmark.

This unit is 1 and 1/2 years old and the evaporator coil has a leak. I was told it is a "lemon" which is why my unit has probably been freezing since installation. Out of all of Landmark's technicians who complete preseason tune-ups, it took a year-and-a-half to figure out the problem, enough time to void labor warranties through the installer. I have tried to resolve this issue in all ways I know possible as stated above. So buyer beware, Landmark has a lot of issues they will not cover. I have had same issues with dishwasher and refrigerator repair.

Dawn,

Thank you for providing us your feedback and review. We have been able to go over your concerns with you on this feedback already provided to us. We have already advised you in the feedback you have provided, Landmark is not able to cover for units that are covered by another warranty such as a manufacturer warranty. We will cover and offer coverage on units that are not covered elsewhere.

I would like to help in any way I can, you may reach out to me directly.

Cheyenne

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: May 11, 2019

Excellent customer service, professional contractors, quick response time, great affordability and follow up. Quick, courteous and efficient service. My water heater was replaced in under 2 hours with absolutely no problems.

Dear Edwin,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 30, 2019

I contacted Landmark Home Warranty about my leaky faucet two weeks ago. I am still unable to use my kitchen sink as there has been no resolution to this problem after all this time. I was finally given an option to accept a "cash" out in lieu of repair for $107. It should be noted that I paid $60 at the time of my initial call to Landmark so basically what they would be offering me is $47 to find another plumber that will find the correct faucet and repair my sink for me. I understand (now) that the faucet that Landmark will install is business quality ("low grade") and mine is a higher caliber. I don't believe that, having paid for a home warranty, I should have to worry about calling around and find craftsmen to do home repairs on my home - that's the reason for a home warranty - isn't it? I also expect the warranty repair company to do its due diligence to ensure that the proper parts are located and installed - not to push this work back on me.

One positive for this company: They do have a very personable, knowledgeable and courteous customer service staff answering their phones. Of course, the negative is that not one of them ever returned a call to me as they said they would (until today) even though I had called almost every single day asking for an update on my work.

Basically I just want what I believe to be fair. I paid for a home warranty. I expect the home warranty company to take care of the items covered under that warranty - that would include providing the labor and the parts to get the job done. I've had contracts with home warranty companies before and I've never had this type of issue. If you can't do the job, then cancel the warranty and return the money that was paid for this warranty and the $60 service fee and I will take care of my own repairs - otherwise I need my faucet fixed (and any future repairs that may be needed) in a timely manner (2 weeks is not timely). Leslie **. PS If Landmark's Customer Service Manager chooses to respond to this posting, it would probably be best if she does NOT use a "form" letter to do so. I find it hard to believe that someone is concerned about MY issue when they're re-using the same letter for everyone.

Dear Leslie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. When a replacement is needed with any covered system, the warranty will cover to replace your unit with one that is comparable in features, efficiency, and capacity, but not in brand, color, or dimensions. With a faucet replacement, the warranty guidelines do state that we will cover to replace your unit with a chrome builder’s standard faucet. We understand that our homeowners may not want the builder’s standard faucet, therefore, an alternative option may be offered. The $107.00 is Landmark’s cost for a chrome builder’s standard faucet. This includes parts and labor.

We are currently waiting for your decision on how to move forward. If you wish to continue with the cancellation of your warranty, please reach out to me directly.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 19, 2019

Two claims currently open. The first one was for my refrigerator. The icemaker is freezing and stop making ice. I open the claim, agent Insisted to pay deductible over phone. The contractor took over a week to contact me to set up an appointment. The guy show up in sweatpants. Took three photos and left. Visit lasted five minutes.

I had called about 10 times regarding this claim. The first time Landmark advises contractor was looking but not finding the part. Second call Landmark Advised That if the contractor will not be able to find that they will. For the following three weeks Landmark advised they were not able to contact the contractor and the issue was escalated to the contractor relation team. Same response for three weeks then I’ll start calling more often then somehow an agent was able to contact the contractor and After six weeks contractor advised that was a manufactured defect, and that is not cover. Took 6 weeks for them to find out this information, so no one was able to get in contact whit the contractor for 4 weeks but somehow after 6 weeks the resolution was manufacture defect.

I asked how was this verified and I was told they have to take whatever the contractor say, then I contact the manufacture of my refrigerator Samsung and they advised that was not true. Manufacture defects were for units build in 2016 and mine was in 2013. Contact Landmark again and manager requested something in writing from Samsung. Samsung returned an email to the claim department and to myself advising that was no defect in my unit and still no resolution.

Anytime I call and asked for a supervisor they take 30 minutes to take the call. They are in a bad mood, act as they doing me a favor for taking the call and want to hung up right away. No one takes ownership but there’s no resolution and contradictions. Often one verified the email from Samsung was received another manager a week later advice they did not. I was cc on it so I’m sure they did, Mystical open claim is for a ceiling fan, contractor did first visit, determine needed to be replaced, It took a week for Landmark to make a resolution, an agent call me and advice the diagnose from contractor and was very insisted in me taking a cash offer for $95.

Contractor that they sent charge $80 min for 1st hr, and advice a similar fan was about $125. Somehow the agent wanted me to find a fan for $15 after the installation fee. I declined the offer and still not resolution or have been contact by contractor. This service is suppose to give you peace of mind and savings but you end up stressing out more and spend more paying monthly fee and deductibles.

Dear Jose,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experiences with your service requests. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My husband I recently purchased a home. In our home sale, the sellers purchased us the Complete warranty. We did complete an inspection on the home. Upon moving in, the gas oven range stopped working on one burner and the ice maker in the refrigerator also stopped working a few weeks after. We paid $120 for Landmark to come out and diagnose the issues. The technician apparently noted the issues, even noted the replacement parts, and sent these back to Landmark for review. We received a call that these were pre-existing conditions and that they were not working when we moved in.

In Landmark's contract, it says that if you had an inspection note that these were in working condition within 60 days of your move, then they would cover it. Wrong! Our inspector noted that everything was in working condition. We sent the inspection report in and we are still fighting this with Landmark. They do not want to cover the oven range because the technician noted that the child safety brackets weren't secure. This is completely irrelevant! Our burner doesn't light. Also, they don't want to fix the refrigerator because the inspector didn't fully inspect the coils behind the refrigerator. He did check to make sure everything on the refrigerator was working, including the ice machine! This company will fight you tooth and nail and will try every excuse to not cover your claims. What a useless company and warranty program!

Dear Whitney,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your refrigerator. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Need more available contracted technical support. Seems to be only one option for repairs. Technicians seem to be inexperienced and focus on jobs in which a greater mileage expenses report could be generated. Had three recent work reports issued. One plumbing job took six weeks, part needed for shower valve. Water heater replaced, two weeks. No lack of concern for no water issue. Third job, rekey rental house, went to the wrong house. Money refunded for service. Recommend different home warranty company.

Dear Korey,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 8, 2019

Representatives were more than accommodating and helped us get plumbing services within a day, encouraging us to take care of other less emergent issues at the same time. Landmark well exceeded our expectations and we will definitely recommend to our friends.

Dear Jeffrey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Just purchased a new home a year ago and was recommended a Home Warranty by my realtor. This has been a hit or miss type of relationship. The capacitor broke on one of our HVACs in July and Landmark was able to schedule to have a tech come out to fix it really quick. Super happy about the response time as it was 100 plus degrees in Texas.

Fast forward to this year, I have an issue with my garage door spring. Here's a little education. Typically there are 2 types of garage door springs: Torsion and Wayne Dalton type. I have the Wayne Dalton type and Landmark says they will not fix it. My option is to take a cash buy out and find another tech that will fix it, thereby having to pay out of pocket. OR, Landmark will credit to the service provider the cost of fixing the Wayne Dalton spring and then I STILL have to pay OUT of Pocket to fix it.

When asked if they can just find a service provider in their network to fix this spring, the supervisor, Teresa, says they do not have anyone that can fix it in a timely manner. When asked what timely manner is, she says a few weeks. I call **. My hunch is that they don't have anyone that can fix it or they would. So, in the end, I chose the cash buy out and will pay out of pocket for a spring that is covered by the warranty that they refuse to fix. Utter **. Choose your warranty carefully and read the fine print on the financial limits and what they will fix. If they can weasel out of it, they will.

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience. The warranty only covers for the part that has gone into failure. In your circumstance, the spring needs to be replaced. The brand that you currently have requires a Wayne Dalton certified technician to perform the repairs. We have offered you a cash in lieu to utilize towards a contractor of your choice that can assist you with the repairs. You have accepted this cash in lieu and it will take 10-14 business days to get you from the date it was processed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I am very pleased with our home warranty. It was a gift from our realtor we have had to use it twice. I could not be happier with every aspect of our experience. I will be renewing our warranty. They were very good at following up on repairs. My personal satisfaction was a very high priority to them. Thanks so much.

Dear Ronald,

Original review: April 6, 2019

I am disappointed with Landmark's lack of support in trying to get the contractor to repair or replace a defective appliance that was just installed 3 weeks ago. I am also dissatisfied with the quality of the contractor who is apparently a small "mom and pop" outfit who never answers their phone.

Dear Jesse,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with your service request. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them.

Original review: April 6, 2019

A/C service - Service techs was prompt and friendly and they were clean and efficient. No problems. Repairs required three days due to need to order parts. I had a different tech each day. Each took over where the previous tech left off so the repair went well.

Dear David,

Original review: April 6, 2019

We got our Landmark Home Warranty when purchasing our home 8 1/2 years ago. They have taken care of several Air Conditioner outages, a garage door opener breakdown and water heater failure. Their quick service, honest dealings and quality contractors have encouraged us to renew our warranty every year since. I would highly recommend Landmark Home Warranty to anyone looking to protect their home against unforeseen circumstances and expense.

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to be able to continue providing you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have used services 4 times for heating and air check-up, leaky pipe, and dishwasher. I have always had very fast, efficient service and follow up. The techs that have been sent out were above and beyond knowledgeable. Prices are fair. Have not encountered any problems.

Dear Janet,

Original review: April 6, 2019

In my opinion, getting the repair work done required too many interactions w/ Landmark via email and phone. The process definitely could be streamlined. I was very happy with the repair (plumber, 03/16/2019.)

Dear Sandra,

We are glad to see that we have been able to provide you with 3-star service! We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 29, 2019

This company is a complete scam. Stay very far away from this place. Send in very unprofessional people and won't cover what they say they will. Charge for an AC tune-up and it's only an inspection to deny coverage and try to upsell you. Don't waste your money.

Dear Adam,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 25, 2019

I first noticed an issue with my oven in December of 2017. It was not pre-heating appropriately. We had a service technician come out provided through Landmark and attempt to fix the issue. They had to come out several times and I was assured that the issue was fixed as the technician tested the oven. Unfortunately this is not an issue that is easy to identify if it is working or not for someone without the proper tools due to it's nature and I identified that the oven was not working still sometime later. The oven was never fixed and when I contacted Landmark to let the know the oven had never been fix, they informed me I had to place another request and pay another $70, and have another technician come out to address the oven again. Again the oven was "fixed" and tested, assured that it was working. The oven was in fact not working still even though a second claim was filed and I was assured it was fixed.

I contacted Landmark in November asking them to come fix the oven for a third time when I noticed it was still not preheating appropriately. I was told I would have to pay a third time for this claim even though the oven had not been fixed the first or second time and there was documentation of both of these claims. In late December my oven door fell off. What had happened during all of this time with them messing with the oven is they had never noticed that the screws were loose and/or missing, this put additional and unnecessary strain on the oven door, and the door fell off. I believe that the contractors may have contributed to this issue since they had been out so many times messing with my oven.

Now I am being told that Landmark will not cover the repair of my oven door because it is not normal wear and tear. I understand that this is not normal wear and tear, but the reason that it happened in the first place is because of the technicians hired by their company hired to fix my oven did not identify the root of the issue and/or caused the problem to begin with. The company they hired did a terrible job with the repair each time they came out, they have horrible customer service, and overall I was extremely unsatisfied with the service they provided. I filed a complaint with Landmark against them each time they came out.

The door falling off is Landmark and their contractors fault. They are responsible and need to cover the cost of the replacement yet I am being told no. I have now paid $210 to Landmark in service fees as well as my monthly payment with no resolution of my original issue. If this needs to be covered on the end of the contractor as it is their fault the issue arose in the first place, then Landmark should have coordinated that. Yet I am being given the run around and disrespected. I have reached out to numerous customer service representatives as well as when I cancelled my warranty someone reached out to me to ask why. When I told them what had happened they did not acknowledge my concerns in any way and just informed me that my service was officially cancelled. I do not recommend this company in any way, shape, or form.

Dear Kayla,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your oven.

A service call fee is required for every service request that is opened. There are a couple of months between your oven service requests. The warranty guarantee’s our contractor’s work. If your unit was not repaired, you have 30 days to reach out to Landmark to open up a recall ticket. If it is the same issue, there will not be another service call fee required. If the issue is not related to the original concern, there will be another service call fee.

Due to your warranty being in an inactive status, the warranty will be unable to assist you further. The warranty’s guidelines do state that we are not responsible for any consequential damage done by the contractor. If you feel the contractors are at fault, you will need to work with them privately. Landmark ensures that the independent contractors that work with us are licensed, bonded, and insured for these situations.

If you are interested in reinstating your warranty, I would be happy to look into your oven service requests in more detail. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 21, 2019

I am very disappointed with Landmark Home Warranty. I opened 3 tickets in the past 18 months all for the same leakage problem in my pool cartridge filter. In each ticket, an assigned contractor visited my pool twice. The first time, a contractor took pictures and told me it couldn’t be fixed and needed to be replaced and, on the second time, 2 days later, another contractor came and said that the filter could be fixed (he mentioned that he put a bandage on it? I am still unsure as to what this means). A few months later, the cartridge filter leaked again. I opened another ticket and, again, two contractors visited. The first contractor it needed to be replaced. The other said that the filter was fixable. This ticket ended with the same fix (another bandage).

Last week, this cartridge filter broke again. Landmark rejected to pay for the replacement due to “freezing” reasons, even though the day that the filter broke had warm weather and we had a history of recurring issues with this filter. I’m extremely dissatisfied with the service that Landmark has provided me thus far-multiple contractors with conflicting opinions and repetitive unsuccessful solutions that have led to a filter that is still broken.

Dear Kent,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your pool filter. As your most recent visits with the contractors were within the last 30 days if you are still experiencing the failures with the filter. We can issue a recall ticket and have the contractor come back out to resolve the leaking filter. If a recall ticket is needed, please do not hesitate to reach out to us to have that issued. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly.

Cheyenne Rapier

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 20, 2019

Our realtor suggested Landmark when we bought our new home based on his experience with previous customers. I'm glad we took his advice. We already used the service several times over the last year, plus used them to re-key the front door when we moved in. They are easy to work with, cover everything in our plan as described and usually get a tech out to the house as fast as the same day called. They stay in touch throughout the repair to make sure it's done right and we are satisfied. I plan to renew again.

Dear Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home and hope to continue providing you with remarkable service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Original review: March 19, 2019

We first started using in 2007 and have not regretted selecting Landmark. We have used Landmark for two homes and have consistently received timely, accurate service. The process is initiate a claim is simple and there is excellent follow through from their representatives. The service vendors have also provided excellent services in scheduling and repair or replacement.

Dear Earlene,

Original review: March 19, 2019

We have used the service for a few washer repairs, a potential water leak, and yearly A/C tune-ups. All service calls have been taken care of according to the contract and we've been happy with the providers they sent to do the work.

Dear Jennifer,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 16, 2019

Please make sure you request contract before purchasing home warranty with Landmark. My microwave stopped working. I called for service repair, they charge $70 every time they send someone to diagnose the issue which I am ok with. When tech came in he found out that my microwave is not repairable. My microwave cost over $400+ repair is about $800. Landmark is said they can only pay $244. Remember this built-in microwave. When I talked with their customer service that stated under section 9 on contract:

9. LHW reserves the right to provide cash in lieu of repair or replacement when an item is not repairable and a replacement item is no longer available. The cash in lieu amount is the dollar amount LHW would pay (which can be less than retail cost) for parts and labor of said covered items, less the incurred cost of the contractor's diagnosis. Once cash in lieu is provided, LHW is no longer responsible for repair or replacement of the system or appliance for the duration of the Contract.

I am super upset because they are refusing to repair my microwave.and choosing to give me for very cheap microwave for$244 way less of what my microwave worth. Only what I need is to repair or replace it and they are not giving me any option. I would like to worn other, save yourself for headache. I regret having them as my home warranty. Still fighting???

Dear Beatrice,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your microwave.

As you have stated, the warranty does reserve the right to provide you with a cash in lieu of replacement. The cash in lieu is based on a comparable unit at Landmark’s cost, which may be less than retail. We compare in capacity, efficiency, and features, but do not compare in brand, color, and dimensions. If you do not find the unit comparable to your current microwave, please inform me of your concerns and I will be able to review the cash in lieu.

If you wish to move forward with repairs, you can use the cash in lieu to assist you with the costs of repairs. After the acceptance of the cash in lieu, you are welcome to continue work with our contractor or utilize a contractor of your choice.

At this time, we are pending your final decision. We will need the name and address you would like the check sent to.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 14, 2019

I've had to use my warranty twice. Each time the issue was resolved within 24 hours. I had my garbage disposal and refrigerator replaced the first time, and then my toilet fixed the second time. Definitely will keep my warranty.

Dear Jarrod,

Original review: March 13, 2019

Overall I would recommend Landmark. They may not cover everything; however, if you have an older house with a pool it’s worth it. You just pay a service fee and then it’s pretty smooth after that, good co.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly via email.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Fast, reliable service and communication. Follow up emails are prompt and informative. All phone calls have been friendly and clear on next steps. Overall, all reps have been courteous and sympathetic regarding our needs.

Dear Angela,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 12, 2019

We have, unfortunately, had to use our home warranty through Landmark Home Warranty several times. Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone!

Dear Kelley,

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
Plumbing system$800–$1,000
Refrigerant$20 per pound
Subterranean termite treatment$700
Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
  2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
  3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
  4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
  5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information