Landmark Home Warranty

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that the agent did well in making you feel like the valued homeowner you are. We appreciate this feedback and look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: March 22, 2017

When I bought the house, I went with the referral and got Landmark Home Warranty. I've submitted a claim twice. One was with an icemaker that quit. I contacted them, they recommended and sent a specific repair person who came out, checked it and said I needed a part. He got it, installed it and that was the end of that. There's a cost when they show up which was expected. Then the last claim was for a leaking dishwasher. A technician came out, put a little thing on it and fixed it. The follow-up from Landmark was insane. The woman was in touch with me several times to make sure I had everything under control and that I was pleased. She did a really good job. I'm really comfortable with Landmark. I would recommend them.

They have changed the policy from last year and are about to rip us off with having to replace a part in our AC unit that was covered last year and now it's only a percentage per pound. Also they will replace the coil for the freon but not the freon test and they don't cover the outlets that face the outside just the ones on the inside. They have changed it all and I renewed with the understanding that it would be the same plan as the last year. I asked to see my plan from last year and they stated they didn't have it on file. I will never use this company again!

Hi Malinda,
Thank you for providing this feedback on your recent dishwasher claim. I appreciate you providing contact details, so we may review your concerns. I am sorry for the frustration regarding this request. This will be reviewed and you will be contact by a manager.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Dishwasher broke a couple weeks after buying a home. They denied the claim stating pre-existing damage. So if you happen to be stuck with this sub-par warranty company (there's a reason why after 400+ reviews it doesn't even average 4 stars but realtors keep using them for some reason) just make sure that your appliance only breaks after a few months. My home inspection report even listed it as a working dishwasher. Paid $60 to have someone tell me what parts it needed only to get denied. Should I have waited another month or two to report it? Very disappointed.

Hi Jeff,
Glad to hear we got to keep you as a valued Landmark home owner! I appreciate you taking some of your time to share your feedback. We love to hear our homeowner's stories and are committed to providing the best service in the industry. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

Original review: April 19, 2017

When we were renting, one of our landlords had Landmark and it seemed that they were on top of everything. It’s only been about six months since I've had Landmark and my experience with them has been so far, good. I’ve submitted three claims, which include one for the toilet and another for the air-conditioner, and the claims process is simple. I call them and their claims reps are courteous. The technicians are great as well. Landmark takes care of me and they are pretty prompt in taking care of whatever issues that arise.

Hi Arnold,
Thank you for posting your feedback! I love to hear this type of experience. It's especially great to hear that you have been a part of the Landmark Family for several years. We are glad to have you and we will always do everything we can to take good care of you! I really appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Consumer Affairs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 12, 2017

We got Landmark Home Warranty shortly after we moved, so it’s been renewed for four years. They have been very responsive. I’ve submitted a couple of claims over the years and there has never been a problem. It’s always been taken care of very promptly, and the agents they’ve sent out to do the repairs have been fine especially this last. They came out to do the air-conditioning checks. They’ve all been pretty good with it. They told me what he did and how everything looked and how he tested it. They really paid attention to what they were doing.

We did have a problem right after we moved in with the control unit on one of the ovens. They came out and they took care of it, too. A couple of years ago, there was one fellow who came out for the air-conditioning check and noticed some things that were getting ready to go. And since it was approaching the summer, he felt some things should be taken care off. And he called them right on the spot and got authorization and took care of it.

Hello Rakesh,
I apologize for the frustrations associated with your plumbing claim.Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback. This issue has been brought to the attention of our Operations Department. They will address this situation with the associates and contractors involved. We apologize about any delays or disappointments in service and want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that a situation like this does not occur again. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner for our homeowners. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 11, 2017

I contacted Landmark regarding a plumbing issue in the evening. I had a broken shower handle with a running shower and we could not locate the main water shutoff valve. They assigned me a plumber in the morning, but the plumber was unreachable. Landmark Customer Service refused to reassign the ticket to another plumber that would be open at 9 am -- per policy I have to wait till 3-5 hours after the office opens for the plumber to contact me. In all I spent 1 hour talking to at least 4 different people trying to schedule a plumber visit and the earliest they could get me a plumber was 48 hours after I reported the issue. I reached out to another plumber in the area and got it fixed in 1 hour. Landmark used to be a great firm, but over the years their service has deteriorated - limited coverage, rude customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Sam,

I am sorry that you have had this experience with Landmark. I would like to get this reviewed right away. Our homeowners are the best catalyst for change, and it is your honest reviews that help us to do so. I will have my associate review this immediately for you. You will be contacted within 24 hours.

Landmark

Original review: April 5, 2017

We bought a house and the seller provided Landmark as the home warranty service. The first claim I submitted to them was about the condensation on one of the air conditioning units and that was not a covered expense because it was not an integral part of the air conditioning unit. But later on, we had another condensation problem that arose with that same air conditioning unit. We filed our second claim for the smaller direct pan which is an integral part to the unit itself. But even though we showed and clearly demonstrated that it was an integral part, the Landmark, in violation of the contract did not cover it. It was about a $600 expense.

A couple of months after that, we had another claim. The element went out on our water heater. However, they told us that they don't cover 80-gallon water heaters. They had a guy come out and look at it and told us that the element cannot be removed because it has so much calcium that are built up on it. We called another plumber and he didn't have any trouble at all changing the element. He told me that there were no tool marks on the original element and that the guy that Landmark had sent out had not even attempted to remove the element. He was just trying to sell us a brand-new water heater.

There was one item that was clearly covered in the contract that they refused to honor so I've been really tempted to write a letter to the AG's office. It's just not worth it to take them to small claims for over $600 repair. Also, we asked multiple times for a contract during the early part of the coverage and what they sent us was a one-sheet outline of what was covered and what was not. But that's not what we want. We want a copy of the contract. And after we were so disgusted with them after the water heater incident, they finally emailed us a copy of the contract. We have not been happy with Landmark because they have not honored the terms of their own contract. And as soon as the 1-year period is up, we're going to go to somebody else.

Landmark Home Warranty

Thank you for reaching out to Landmark to have this claim reviewed. I am sorry that we have not met your expectations as of yet. I do see that your service request is still open and we have made progress on it as of today. I will review this claim to determine how I can further assist. Landmark works very hard to represent the contract in the most equitable way possible. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need additional assistance.

Candace | cparke@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 31, 2017

I have had Landmark for 2 years. The first year was excellent. Paid the 500 dollars for the warranty and later had the AC go out. I called and they had it fixed with the 60 dollar service charge. This year AC did the same thing except it cost me 70 dollars for service and another 250 for freon. I asked and they said it was due to a contract change. I was obviously unaware of this change. Additionally, I have 2 AC units and the other one still doesn't work. They said it needed a evaporator coil. After agreeing to pay another 500 dollars to fix it they do nothing. 2 weeks later I call and they raise the price to 700 and tell me my AC takes 14 pounds of freon. It's a 2 ton unit that shouldn't even take 10 lbs. Giant rip off. Seems like they are just taking advantage of people.

Deanna Moffett,

Thank you for reaching out to Landmark Home Warranty to review your claim. I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations for this service request. I can completely understand your frustration with this service request. Being that you had disclosed that a part was under manufacturer warranty however that you were unsure if the entire unit was, we should have advised that if it was found to be under warranty, we would not cover it. I am so sorry, you were not made aware of this. We honestly try our best to be equitable to all homeowners in regards to advising of coverage for their units.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations for this service request. I hope that in the future we exceed those expectations. Please let me know if there is anything additional I can do for you.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Our AC stopped working and I called in a service claim. Had to pay 70 upfront and the agent asked me if it was under warranty and I said yes, I knew the compressor was and I don't know what's wrong with my unit. He NEVER said "it's only two years old and we don't cover." So the repair people came and they found the problem and the part only is under warranty not service work. Landmark turned it down and kept our 70 and I called and spoke to a Tina in sales and she said items under warranty still get fixed. So it's one lie after another. We also have an email from LHW stating that a deluxe pkg is no fault. Maybe they should look up meaning of no fault. You have unfair business practices and should be ashamed. Thanks for nothing Landmark. You as a company are liars and use people. All Austin says over and over is well it's a misunderstanding. Seriously you think this is acceptable?

Landmark Home Warranty

Thank you so much for this outstanding review. I am glad we were able to resolve your issue timely. You are a valued homeowner to Landmark Home Warranty. Please let us know if we can assist if future claims.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Our experience with Landmark worked out great. We submitted a claim online and then called. They called us back, came out and fixed our problem. It turned out nicely and we really appreciate it.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for providing feedback on your service requests and giving Landmark this opportunity to address your concerns. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. We will research what occurred with this situation right away. We will contact your directly with additional questions. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly. Again, I am very sorry that you had such a poor experience with Landmark.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 25, 2017

In the past year this company refused our request for repair 3 times. In all 3 cases they said that the equipment wasn't broken. In all 3 cases the equipment did "work" but was not functional. Our garbage disposal had a spoon stuck in the side band and made it impossible to work as it should. The spoon was not removable without taking the unit apart. We had that done on our own (which ended up costing the same as the $60 fee). Our dryer would spin sometimes, and not sometimes. Because it "worked" they would not cover it. Turned out it had a golf tee stuck in it. Again I had it repaired on my own for $10 more than the company's fee. When the company called me to renew, I told them I was dissatisfied with their company. They didn't even ask me why. They just said ok and hung up. That showed me that they expected my answer.

Hi Lyn,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on Landmark. I appreciate the specific examples of things you liked and the things we need to improve upon. Feedback is the best catalyst for change. You made some very valid points about service for homeowners in smaller towns. I want to assure you that it is our top priority to address coverage and contractors. We are constantly looking for vetted contractors to review and work with. Your feedback is not taken lightly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 21, 2017

I was with Landmark for a year and I've mostly been very happy. Every rep welcomed me with a "How are you?" and "Oh I'm so sorry this happened!" responses. It makes it sound like they really care. They're also not shy to have a mini conversation with you while working on your claim. It's fairly easy to make a claim online, wait for a phone call (or call if you haven't heard back which is rare) and be told that a company will call you or you should call them. Besides the phone calls, they'll email you in case you're horrible at checking your VM like me. It's up to you to make the appointment. You used to pay the contractors but now you pay Landmark and you're done with it.

One of the problems I've had is that I live in a somewhat small city/town but surrounded by other towns with a larger city about 30 miles way. Every time I needed something fixed, they had to find people in surrounding towns or the city. This caused many contact issues where they had to find enough time to come out to see me. Some even had to drive an hour and a half out of the way. Sometimes I waited a few days to get an appointment. I hope they soon find more companies in smaller towns that work on specific utilities for the areas. For instance, there isn't a drilling company they work with near me. The rep instead tried to hire a plumber. Obviously, that doesn't work and I'm not quite sure if the rep was just hoping or she had no education in small town living.

Reps of all companies need education when it comes to these issues. The companies need to find companies to work with them if they're going to offer contracts to small town homeowners. I ended up switching home warranty companies so we'll see how it goes since they guarantee same-day service and said they have 150 companies in my town they work with that can help and they were $200 cheaper with better reviews. Landmark does need to step it up but they are a trustworthy company. Beat your own reviews, find more contractors, educate your reps a bit more, and guarantee something to your customers.

Hello Gregg,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your claim experience. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation on this claim resolution. Your referenced concerns regarding your pool & spa coverage are not taken lightly. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. We always stick to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow the procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. Your complaint regarding coverage will be researched and reviewed right away. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty parameters. You will be contacted shortly to address this issue.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 20, 2017

I have a home warranty from Landmark. I have pool and spa equipment. Both pool and spa equipment developed leaks. Pool fixed, Spa not fixed. I have Pool and Spa equipment coverage PLUS additional Pool and Spa equipment coverage. My claim was declined based on the application of the basic Pool and Spa equipment. The reason was it was not part of the main pool filtration. I agree it is not, which is why I bought the enhances coverage to cover the spa portion. It is now a matter of principle to get a fair and equitable outcome. Off to small claims.

Hi Melissa,
I apologize for the frustration regarding your A/C repair problems as well as your dryer service request. I understand that we did not meet your expectation of service. I would like to have your concerns researched and reviewed. We don't take your complaint lightly and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Our homeowners feedback is the best catalyst for change. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your post has been submitted for review and you will be contacted by Landmark shortly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 18, 2017

Our AC went out last summer, July of 2016 (summer in Texas). It took more than a week to get someone out through the warranty company, then when they did, they had to order a 'part'. And, of course, some of that wasn't 'covered' (freon). (And I paid more than $200 for that repair). Took at least 3 weeks to finally repair. Fast forward to February 2017, we get ONE hot day and realize it's not working again - same unit. Due to 'leak detection' and freon not being 'covered', once again, I pay over $300 to get it 'fixed'. Since that repair, we haven't had a hot day until March 18th 2017, and realize, for the third time, the SAME AC is not working again.

I called Landmark today, and they tell me that we are outside of the 30 warranty for the repair that was done about 35 days ago. So, I must contact the company that came out and see if they will warranty their work. Granted, it might not be the same issue. So, if they won't 'cover' the repair, then, I will be paying ANOTHER $65 copay. What a SCAM!!! How likely is it that my AC would go out 3 times for three completely unrelated items that were not caught in prior visits - all in the last 8 months? So, the coverage isn't very good and neither are the repairmen.

Of course, something will probably NOT be covered this time as well. I have left a message for the company, which isn't opened today, so I will see what the resolution is at that point, but right now, I am tremendously dissatisfied with my 'home warranty'. Another issue I had is that mid-February my dryer went out. I called to get it repaired and was told that my coverage had changed upon renewal and that I no longer 'have' coverage on my dryer. There was no clear communication about this change at all. However, this DID work to my benefit. I figured out what was wrong with the dryer myself (heater coil) and it cost me $16 to repair after purchasing the item online. I had it fixed myself in a week.

So, do yourself a favor, and don't go with this company. I have had them for a few years now and they cost WAY more than they save. If I had this 'coverage' for my dryer, I would have spent a $65 copay and who knows how much for things they won't cover. And, it would have probably taken forever to get it repaired. I did request for a customer service agent to reach out to me about my coverage changes. No one ever called me back. I will not be renewing with them again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 20, 2017

The work was completed on 3/17/17 and the unit seems to be in working order. I will advise further should I experience any further issues with it.

The assistance provided since the middle of last week was timely and I'm happy Landmark was able to finally get the ball rolling. That said, it doesn’t excuse the number of problems, delays and excuses that I experienced with this claim. To reiterate, it never should have taken 3 weeks to resolve my HVAC problem.

In any case, I trust that should service be required on anything going forward, that my experience will be far more seamless and expedient than what took place this time through.

Hello Jon,
I apologize for this frustrating claim experience. This is not the type of resolution we are known for. There have been delays with parts and I do understand that you have been left without a working HVAC system. I am very sorry that you have been waiting for so long. My system review shows that the contractor was scheduled for this morning at 8am. This is the last update that I see in the system. If your A/C is still not working please call us at 1-866-306-2999.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 15, 2017

I filed a claim on 2/24/17 with Landmark for a heat pump/air conditioning problem. Their contractor diagnosed the problem on 2/27/17, however, to date it has not yet been resolved. In the days and weeks since the problem was diagnosed, I have run into nothing but ongoing problems, delays and excuses as to why my heat pump/air conditioning has not yet been fixed. The most recent (but far from the only) problem is that the contractor has apparently not been able to get hold of the necessary part. I have been advised of at least three different dates that part was supposed to arrive. Each time I follow up, I've been told the part has not come in. The fact that I am the one that needs to track down the status of the part is indicative of the ongoing challenges I've faced trying to get my problem resolved. It isn't or at least shouldn't be my job to conduct follow up with any regularity.

My concerns and expectations have been clearly communicated to Landmark and their contractor on several occasions, all to no avail. Prior to posting this complaint, I reached out to one of their Online Reputation Specialists to seek their assistance in order obtain a resolution and avoid making a public complaint. Unfortunately, the response I received was inadequate as it did not provide a plan that provides an expedient resolution to my concerns.

To be clear, Landmark Home Warranty has a contractual obligation to either fix my heat pump/air conditioning unit, replace it or provide a cash payout. Their inability to locate the part does not exonerate them from their obligation to me. It's very simple, if they can't obtain the part then Landmark needs to replace the entire unit or pay me out. They cannot continue to put my claim in an indefinite holding pattern. This has left me without HVAC for nearly 3 weeks. In the meantime, high temperatures in my area are now reaching the low 90s with temps forecast to be approaching 100 degrees by the end of the week. I am thoroughly unimpressed with the embarrassingly sloppy business practices Landmark Home Warranty employs and I don't believe they have acted in good faith with respect to their contractual obligations to me.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We have been with Landmark Home Warranty for over a year and recently filed our first claim on February 24, 2017. It was approved on February 28th and the initial contractor visit was March 3rd. A replacement part is required for the repair. My understanding is that Landmark must provide the part to the contractor. They are refusing to do this even though the claim has been approved. At least that is what I must assume as the customer service personnel also refuse to return our telephone calls. We have called three times, left three messages over a two-week period with no response. The contractor has not had any better luck in getting a response regarding the status of the required part. This is absolutely unacceptable for a professional business. At this point I will not be remaining with Landmark and encourage others to look elsewhere for a home warranty.

Hello Jeffrey,

I apologize that Landmark’s Warranty did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for your frustrating claim experience. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

In regards to all Real Estate transactions; Landmark does not work with lending companies or officers. Real Estate agents and Brokers have been provided with 4 coverage options. It is the Realtors knowledge of the home and coverage options that decide which warranty is purchased. Landmark provides warranty options for the seller, but does not determine which coverage is chosen. While I understand the clear frustration with your coverage options, Landmark was not party to the option purchased. At the time of closing, a warranty contract was provided with detailed coverage information. I am sorry that we were not able to upgrade your contract. The upgrade request should have been provided through the Real Estate agent and the seller.

Should you need additional assistance with claims or coverage information, you are welcome to call our Claims Department at 1-866-306-2999.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 12, 2017

We moved into the house and part of it was a one year home warranty. My realtor came up with Landmark Home Warranty and we're still under its one year. We tried to submit a claim twice and one was rejected. When the home warranty was bought for us, our mortgage company didn't add on the septic, the well, and the water softener, which are all add-ons. The frustrating thing is that Landmark piecemeal it all together and our loan officer who purchased it didn't realize that. Landmark also doesn't do a good job of marketing that and letting people know because nobody knew until we went to do a claim. Two weeks after we moved in, the pump quit for the septic system and we had to pay for that $1,200 cash out of pocket. They absolutely refused to reimburse since it's not in their policy and said that we couldn't add it on because it's pre-existing.

The people we've dealt with have been nice but the way the whole plan is set up is very deceiving. We weren't informed or didn’t have any part of the purchase of the plan so we didn't know anything about it. But they could've done a better job with our loan officer and asked a few questions like if there's a septic system or a well, knowing that all those are add-ons, instead of just taking our money and saying here's the basic plan and this is what you're gonna get. Landmark Home Warranty looked good on the outside but it's very hard for people to know what they're getting. In our experience, we didn't get the right coverage and they obviously didn't help sell the right coverage.

Hi Bobby,

Wow! Thank you for such glowing feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Landmark. We're glad to have you in our Landmark Family. We always seek to provide every valued homeowner with an excellent service experience. It's great to get feedback on our contractors as well. We vet and hire independent contractors and want to make sure you are feeling valued from the service end as well. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 11, 2017

I had two options for home warranty and I picked Landmark. It's been an outstanding experience with them and they're very customer-friendly. They always answer the call right away. The claims process was very easy too. I did online one time and in the second time, I called in and talked to a lady who helped me out. It's been very positive with their claims representative. They're very understanding and sound cheerful on the phone when I call. Recently I had a water leak in my home that flooded my house. I needed a response and answers, and they were very attentive.

The contractors that they hook me up with have been good folks too. I've always called the same people every time I needed something. So, they know me. I've had two technicians whom I've dealt with, one for plumbing and the other for an appliance issue, and they've both been outstanding. I plan on staying with Landmark. They provide a very good service and it's convenient when I call to place a request. I also get immediate email that the request has gone through and the vendor that could call if I want to get in touch with them sooner. I had American Home Shield before and Landmark is a lot better.

Hello Abiodun,

I am so sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. This complaint will be reviewed immediately. Thank you for giving Landmark this opportunity to address your concerns. I want to apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. We will research what occurred during this situation right away. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly. You will be contacted shortly to provide an update on our review and gather additional information if necessary. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need anything.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I submitted a claim for my microwave which stopped working less than two weeks after I moved into my property. I just closed on this property Feb. 10, 2017 and moved in a week after. Claim was filed March 1, 2017 and the technician showed up March 7, 2017. He checked the microwave and said he needs to order a part and he left. So I called Landmark to enquire how long it is going to take to get my microwave fixed. So, the representative said they have not gotten the report from the technician. The next day I got this email from Landmark representative:

1st email. "Thank you for giving Landmark Home Warranty the opportunity to serve you. At this point in time Lua & Sons Service has visited your home and provided Landmark with the following: Diagnosis from Lua & Sons Service: UNIT HAS A BAD MAGNETRON AND DIODE. THEY HAVE BEEN SHORTED OUT. (DUE TO GREASE FROM COOKING) Unfortunately, the requested repairs are not covered under the umbrella of your warranty. Explanation: Because the failure above was caused by normal wear and tear. Landmark will not be able to provide coverage at this point in time. As stated in our contract: Section A Part 2 Have become inoperable due to normal usage after the effective date of this Contract and are reported during the term of this Contract. You can work with the contractor and get the repair done."

"Additional Assistance: At this point in time Lua & Sons Service is willing to assist you in completing the repair outside the coverage limitation of the home warranty, as a Landmark customer. If you would like to receive an alternative recommendation, or have any questions in regards to coverage, please reply to this email or call me at 866-306-2999. Thank you."

I am really amazed at the report from the technician that grease from cooking short-circuited the magnetron and the diode. First, the microwave is about 3ft above the stove, also the panel of the microwave is enclosed not exposed so I don't see how the oil from the stove can get to the panel. Secondly, oil is insulative (poor conductors) and not conductive in nature. Also, we just closed on this house Feb. 10, 2017, and moved in Feb. 17, 2017. This unit worked for few days after we moved in. I called Melissa to get an update and said "sorry we cannot cover this claim," that I need to talk to the technician. In conclusion: I bought a year warranty to cover my home appliance because of unforeseen circumstances. I was charged $70 upfront as a service call charge. A new microwave will only cost $180. Somebody, please help!

Hi David,

I am glad to hear we could be of service. I appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback. If you ever have a question about your warranty coverage, we are always happy to assist you.

Original review: March 9, 2017

When our dishwasher was leaking out of the front, it dawned on me that Landmark provided a warranty for us. So, we looked it up and called to see if we were eligible for a claim and they were very helpful. Although it's a Monday holiday, they still took my call and got me set up with a repair person to come analyze it. The technician called me back the next day and we set a date. A couple of days later, he fit us in and it was perfect. We're very much happy with their work. Their technician didn’t do just a quick fix. He ran it multiple times to make sure it wasn’t leaking. He was very, very thorough. So far, the dishwasher has continued to be good and not leaking after he left.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your Landmark service request. We are always working toward improving our homeowners experience. We're always happy to help and appreciate you choosing Landmark to assist in your home warranty needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 5, 2017

I gave Landmark a phone call to file a claim and they were very responsive. They got back to me within 24 hours and had a gentleman out repairing my appliance almost immediately. It was wonderful. He was very articulate and he did a great job.

Hi Kimberly,
Thank you for being a part of our Landmark family. We know that you have other choices when it comes to a home warranty. We will always seek to provide you a positive service experience in a timely manner. Thank you for taking a moment to share your rating and feedback regarding Landmark. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 3, 2017

I got Landmark Home Warranty two and a half years ago when I bought a house. I've submitted claims a couple of times and it has always been good. Every single tech has been professional at different levels, with some better than others.

Hello Grant,
Please accept my sincere apology regarding your experience with Landmark. You are a valued homeowner and your experience with us should reflect that in every way. I appreciate you providing feedback on your experience as it is one of the best catalysts for change. Your concerns are not taken lightly. We would like to follow-up with you and see if there is anything we can do to assist you at this time. Please expect a phone call or email shortly. Again, I apologize for the poor experience. We value your business and want you to know that we appreciate you.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 2, 2017

Submitting a claim with Landmark was pretty easy. I’ve also had interesting experiences with the technicians they send out. Some of it have been really good but some have been very poor. There were definitely multiple follow-ups to get everything figured out. It just took a lot longer than it probably should have. There was one instance where I filed a claim and asked for some assistance and help. They essentially gave me somebody where they’re gonna take care of it in four days and I needed it to be done immediately. I asked for a follow-up and people to help me out and Landmark absolutely failed.

Hi Wanda,

It's great to hear that Tyler was able to take good care of you. Thank you for sharing your claim experience. We are happy to have you in our Landmark family. We will always do our best to take excellent care of you and your home warranty needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I spoke to Tyler at Landmark about 9pm to report that my AC was not working. He was very helpful and had someone out the following day to fix it. The service was excellent and I have recommended Landmark to friends and family.

Hi Lindsey,
I am so sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. I appreciate the opportunity to research this situation and work toward an appropriate resolution. We do value your business and we always provide the best service possible within the warranty parameters. I apologize that Landmark has no met your expectation of service thus far. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Our Realtor, referred us to sign up for Landmark when we moved here. When we had an issue, I called in. I usually got put on hold when trying to set something up. The places that they deal with aren't always available the same day. So, a lot of them would be next day scheduling or the day after. Sometimes that can be an inconvenience. But usually something was set up the day that I called. One time, I called in and we wanted someone to come check our furnace. We didn't think it was working. I ended up getting transferred to a business in a different state. So, that didn't go over very well with me because it was an urgent issue and they won't even transfer me to the correct company. That was annoying. Our Realtor got involved with that and talked to their manager. So, I've had some iffy situations with people I've dealt with.

One time, all of a sudden, we had smoke in our house and we figured that it was coming out of our furnace, that something wasn't working correctly. We immediately called somebody to come out and address the issue. I didn't call Landmark first because to me that was an important thing and my house is going to start on fire. I Googled and found the first company that could come out immediately because that was the middle of the winter. And then I called Landmark the next to submit the claim or the receipt of what I had gotten fixed on my furnace. They didn't cover it since I called the company that wasn't on their contract with them. That was a little bit frustrating because it was an emergency situation.

We didn't push the issue but it was a joke because we've lived in our house for two months and then we had smoke coming into it. Our house is only a couple of years old. We spent $500,000 and have a warranty program supposedly but they don't back us up so it's just like a waste. That's where my main frustration comes in. We moved here from a different state and pushing the warranty wasn't a big deal where we came from. But they really pushed it here so we thought we needed it. And with the experiences that we've had, I would definitely not do it over again with any company.

Hi Abraham,

I am so sorry to hear that we are not meeting your expectation of service. I appreciate you providing feedback on your experience. All feedback is taken very seriously and can be a great catalyst for change. I will have an associate jump in on this claim and review the proceedings. We want you to always have a positive and timely claim experience. We always follow the contract to be equitable to every valued homeowner. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I'm with Landmark HW for 2 years. It was all good experience in handling the service requests until I had all small requests. The bad experience came when I had major repair. When my heater stopped working, the contractor told that I need to replace the furnace but Landmark wanted me to pay $1050 out of pocket due to uncovered expenses like changes needed for city code etc. I didn't want to spend 1050 now so I asked for options for which Landmark suggested I can get cash out. When they offered, they said they will give only $450 for this which doesn't even cover the furnace cost while they are supposed to pay at least furnace cost and the labor.

It doesn't make much sense for me to continue the warranty if they are not able to provide a better service during an unexpected major expense that is the main reason I buy warranty. I have still not decided if I have to pay $1050 and complete the repair or get $450 washout. In either case, I'm planning to come out of them after this is closed.

Hi Verla,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our homeowner's honest experiences are the greatest catalyst for change in policy and procedures. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectation of service. You are a valued homeowner and every claim should be a good experience from beginning to end. Should you ever have additional concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I've had someone come and replace the toilet. It took longer than I thought it should because there was a screwup between the contractor and Landmark Home Warranty. I also had an electrical problem and they came out and fixed that. It was a nice experience but I wasn't impressed with them because they wanted to charge me more than just the $60 which I thought was the only money I had to pay with my copay.

Landmark needs to be more detailed in what they tell people because I wasn't aware until I asked them if there was going to be any other charges other than the $60 I paid for the visit. But overall my experience with Landmark was satisfactory. When submitting a claim I have to do it over the phone because their online system doesn't work all the time, but their response rate is pretty efficient.

Hello Paul,
I apologize for your frustrating claim experience. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I placed an order request with Landmark on 1/30 for my failing furnace. A Landmark rep asked me to describe the problem, which was best described as a banging noise (as the spark ignitor attempted to fire up, it would clank as it shut off). She told me they don't warranty for "loud noises". I asked if the warranty covered furnaces that make loud noises and also don't work. She said I would need to set up an appointment with their contractor Cache Comfort Systems to assess it and the contractor would let Landmark know the condition and if it would be covered by the warranty. I called the number provided and set up an appointment for that afternoon.

Later that evening after not arriving on schedule I received a text from Cache Comfort Systems saying he had a busy day and couldn't make it and would make the house call the following day. By the end of 1/31, he had not arrived so I called and never heard back. Also no response on 2/1. On 2/2 I was notified by Landmark that it was the expiration date of my 1 year warranty. This seems like a dishonest way to operate a business, by ghosting customers on the final week of their warranty. After calling two separate HVAC companies for service advice and quotes over the following week, they were able to independently verify that the furnace had failed due to age and I have had to since replace it on my own. I feel like Landmark Home Warranty should provide a truth-in-advertising statement to their customers that their 365 day home warranties are actually closer to "365 days or less depending on your intent to renew."

Hi Dan,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience. It's great to hear that your appliances are working well. We always seeks to make sure our valued homeowners have a positive experience with every claim. Thank you for joining the Landmark Family! Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I was very pleased with the professional manner that Landmark Home Warranty handled my request for repairs on both my range and dishwasher. I only paid the one time $60 service fee and had both appliances diagnosed, parts ordered in and correctly installed. Follow up after the work order was completed was timely and also done to my complete satisfaction. Thank you.

Hi Margo,
It's great to hear that we met your expectation of service with your water softener. Thank you for trusting Landmark with your home warranty needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Had to file a claim. Had a water problem with water softener. They sent out a plumber within a few hours and it couldn't be repaired but they sent me a check very promptly. They were great to work with in my last house too. I would recommend them.

Hi Allison,
Thank you for being a valued part of our Landmark Family. We look forward to providing excellent service for all of your home warranty needs in the years to come. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate all types of feedback and will always strive to improve your claim experience, from placing the service request call to the contractor completing the work. You are important and your needs matter. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Landmark Home Warranty came with our house. They have a phone number to call and submit a claim over. Then they'd give the phone number of whoever they have contacted to do the work and either they would call us or we would call them the next day when they have the claim to make the appointment. Their technicians have all been professional and they always clean after themselves. Our experience with Landmark has been great and we have renewed our contract for another year.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Profile