Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Bobby,

Wow! Thank you for such glowing feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Landmark. We're glad to have you in our Landmark Family. We always seek to provide every valued homeowner with an excellent service experience. It's great to get feedback on our contractors as well. We vet and hire independent contractors and want to make sure you are feeling valued from the service end as well. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 11, 2017

I had two options for home warranty and I picked Landmark. It's been an outstanding experience with them and they're very customer-friendly. They always answer the call right away. The claims process was very easy too. I did online one time and in the second time, I called in and talked to a lady who helped me out. It's been very positive with their claims representative. They're very understanding and sound cheerful on the phone when I call. Recently I had a water leak in my home that flooded my house. I needed a response and answers, and they were very attentive.

The contractors that they hook me up with have been good folks too. I've always called the same people every time I needed something. So, they know me. I've had two technicians whom I've dealt with, one for plumbing and the other for an appliance issue, and they've both been outstanding. I plan on staying with Landmark. They provide a very good service and it's convenient when I call to place a request. I also get immediate email that the request has gone through and the vendor that could call if I want to get in touch with them sooner. I had American Home Shield before and Landmark is a lot better.

Hello Gregg,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your claim experience. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation on this claim resolution. Your referenced concerns regarding your pool & spa coverage are not taken lightly. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. We always stick to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow the procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. Your complaint regarding coverage will be researched and reviewed right away. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty parameters. You will be contacted shortly to address this issue.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 20, 2017

I have a home warranty from Landmark. I have pool and spa equipment. Both pool and spa equipment developed leaks. Pool fixed, Spa not fixed. I have Pool and Spa equipment coverage PLUS additional Pool and Spa equipment coverage. My claim was declined based on the application of the basic Pool and Spa equipment. The reason was it was not part of the main pool filtration. I agree it is not, which is why I bought the enhances coverage to cover the spa portion. It is now a matter of principle to get a fair and equitable outcome. Off to small claims.

Hi Melissa,
I apologize for the frustration regarding your A/C repair problems as well as your dryer service request. I understand that we did not meet your expectation of service. I would like to have your concerns researched and reviewed. We don't take your complaint lightly and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Our homeowners feedback is the best catalyst for change. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your post has been submitted for review and you will be contacted by Landmark shortly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 18, 2017

Our AC went out last summer, July of 2016 (summer in Texas). It took more than a week to get someone out through the warranty company, then when they did, they had to order a 'part'. And, of course, some of that wasn't 'covered' (freon). (And I paid more than $200 for that repair). Took at least 3 weeks to finally repair. Fast forward to February 2017, we get ONE hot day and realize it's not working again - same unit. Due to 'leak detection' and freon not being 'covered', once again, I pay over $300 to get it 'fixed'. Since that repair, we haven't had a hot day until March 18th 2017, and realize, for the third time, the SAME AC is not working again.

I called Landmark today, and they tell me that we are outside of the 30 warranty for the repair that was done about 35 days ago. So, I must contact the company that came out and see if they will warranty their work. Granted, it might not be the same issue. So, if they won't 'cover' the repair, then, I will be paying ANOTHER $65 copay. What a SCAM!!! How likely is it that my AC would go out 3 times for three completely unrelated items that were not caught in prior visits - all in the last 8 months? So, the coverage isn't very good and neither are the repairmen.

Of course, something will probably NOT be covered this time as well. I have left a message for the company, which isn't opened today, so I will see what the resolution is at that point, but right now, I am tremendously dissatisfied with my 'home warranty'. Another issue I had is that mid-February my dryer went out. I called to get it repaired and was told that my coverage had changed upon renewal and that I no longer 'have' coverage on my dryer. There was no clear communication about this change at all. However, this DID work to my benefit. I figured out what was wrong with the dryer myself (heater coil) and it cost me $16 to repair after purchasing the item online. I had it fixed myself in a week.

So, do yourself a favor, and don't go with this company. I have had them for a few years now and they cost WAY more than they save. If I had this 'coverage' for my dryer, I would have spent a $65 copay and who knows how much for things they won't cover. And, it would have probably taken forever to get it repaired. I did request for a customer service agent to reach out to me about my coverage changes. No one ever called me back. I will not be renewing with them again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 20, 2017

The work was completed on 3/17/17 and the unit seems to be in working order. I will advise further should I experience any further issues with it.

The assistance provided since the middle of last week was timely and I'm happy Landmark was able to finally get the ball rolling. That said, it doesn’t excuse the number of problems, delays and excuses that I experienced with this claim. To reiterate, it never should have taken 3 weeks to resolve my HVAC problem.

In any case, I trust that should service be required on anything going forward, that my experience will be far more seamless and expedient than what took place this time through.

Hello Jon,
I apologize for this frustrating claim experience. This is not the type of resolution we are known for. There have been delays with parts and I do understand that you have been left without a working HVAC system. I am very sorry that you have been waiting for so long. My system review shows that the contractor was scheduled for this morning at 8am. This is the last update that I see in the system. If your A/C is still not working please call us at 1-866-306-2999.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 15, 2017

I filed a claim on 2/24/17 with Landmark for a heat pump/air conditioning problem. Their contractor diagnosed the problem on 2/27/17, however, to date it has not yet been resolved. In the days and weeks since the problem was diagnosed, I have run into nothing but ongoing problems, delays and excuses as to why my heat pump/air conditioning has not yet been fixed. The most recent (but far from the only) problem is that the contractor has apparently not been able to get hold of the necessary part. I have been advised of at least three different dates that part was supposed to arrive. Each time I follow up, I've been told the part has not come in. The fact that I am the one that needs to track down the status of the part is indicative of the ongoing challenges I've faced trying to get my problem resolved. It isn't or at least shouldn't be my job to conduct follow up with any regularity.

My concerns and expectations have been clearly communicated to Landmark and their contractor on several occasions, all to no avail. Prior to posting this complaint, I reached out to one of their Online Reputation Specialists to seek their assistance in order obtain a resolution and avoid making a public complaint. Unfortunately, the response I received was inadequate as it did not provide a plan that provides an expedient resolution to my concerns.

To be clear, Landmark Home Warranty has a contractual obligation to either fix my heat pump/air conditioning unit, replace it or provide a cash payout. Their inability to locate the part does not exonerate them from their obligation to me. It's very simple, if they can't obtain the part then Landmark needs to replace the entire unit or pay me out. They cannot continue to put my claim in an indefinite holding pattern. This has left me without HVAC for nearly 3 weeks. In the meantime, high temperatures in my area are now reaching the low 90s with temps forecast to be approaching 100 degrees by the end of the week. I am thoroughly unimpressed with the embarrassingly sloppy business practices Landmark Home Warranty employs and I don't believe they have acted in good faith with respect to their contractual obligations to me.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We have been with Landmark Home Warranty for over a year and recently filed our first claim on February 24, 2017. It was approved on February 28th and the initial contractor visit was March 3rd. A replacement part is required for the repair. My understanding is that Landmark must provide the part to the contractor. They are refusing to do this even though the claim has been approved. At least that is what I must assume as the customer service personnel also refuse to return our telephone calls. We have called three times, left three messages over a two-week period with no response. The contractor has not had any better luck in getting a response regarding the status of the required part. This is absolutely unacceptable for a professional business. At this point I will not be remaining with Landmark and encourage others to look elsewhere for a home warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Hello Jeffrey,

I apologize that Landmark’s Warranty did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for your frustrating claim experience. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

In regards to all Real Estate transactions; Landmark does not work with lending companies or officers. Real Estate agents and Brokers have been provided with 4 coverage options. It is the Realtors knowledge of the home and coverage options that decide which warranty is purchased. Landmark provides warranty options for the seller, but does not determine which coverage is chosen. While I understand the clear frustration with your coverage options, Landmark was not party to the option purchased. At the time of closing, a warranty contract was provided with detailed coverage information. I am sorry that we were not able to upgrade your contract. The upgrade request should have been provided through the Real Estate agent and the seller.

Should you need additional assistance with claims or coverage information, you are welcome to call our Claims Department at 1-866-306-2999.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 12, 2017

We moved into the house and part of it was a one year home warranty. My realtor came up with Landmark Home Warranty and we're still under its one year. We tried to submit a claim twice and one was rejected. When the home warranty was bought for us, our mortgage company didn't add on the septic, the well, and the water softener, which are all add-ons. The frustrating thing is that Landmark piecemeal it all together and our loan officer who purchased it didn't realize that. Landmark also doesn't do a good job of marketing that and letting people know because nobody knew until we went to do a claim. Two weeks after we moved in, the pump quit for the septic system and we had to pay for that $1,200 cash out of pocket. They absolutely refused to reimburse since it's not in their policy and said that we couldn't add it on because it's pre-existing.

The people we've dealt with have been nice but the way the whole plan is set up is very deceiving. We weren't informed or didn’t have any part of the purchase of the plan so we didn't know anything about it. But they could've done a better job with our loan officer and asked a few questions like if there's a septic system or a well, knowing that all those are add-ons, instead of just taking our money and saying here's the basic plan and this is what you're gonna get. Landmark Home Warranty looked good on the outside but it's very hard for people to know what they're getting. In our experience, we didn't get the right coverage and they obviously didn't help sell the right coverage.

Hello Abiodun,

I am so sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. This complaint will be reviewed immediately. Thank you for giving Landmark this opportunity to address your concerns. I want to apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. We will research what occurred during this situation right away. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly. You will be contacted shortly to provide an update on our review and gather additional information if necessary. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need anything.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I submitted a claim for my microwave which stopped working less than two weeks after I moved into my property. I just closed on this property Feb. 10, 2017 and moved in a week after. Claim was filed March 1, 2017 and the technician showed up March 7, 2017. He checked the microwave and said he needs to order a part and he left. So I called Landmark to enquire how long it is going to take to get my microwave fixed. So, the representative said they have not gotten the report from the technician. The next day I got this email from Landmark representative:

1st email. "Thank you for giving Landmark Home Warranty the opportunity to serve you. At this point in time Lua & Sons Service has visited your home and provided Landmark with the following: Diagnosis from Lua & Sons Service: UNIT HAS A BAD MAGNETRON AND DIODE. THEY HAVE BEEN SHORTED OUT. (DUE TO GREASE FROM COOKING) Unfortunately, the requested repairs are not covered under the umbrella of your warranty. Explanation: Because the failure above was caused by normal wear and tear. Landmark will not be able to provide coverage at this point in time. As stated in our contract: Section A Part 2 Have become inoperable due to normal usage after the effective date of this Contract and are reported during the term of this Contract. You can work with the contractor and get the repair done."

"Additional Assistance: At this point in time Lua & Sons Service is willing to assist you in completing the repair outside the coverage limitation of the home warranty, as a Landmark customer. If you would like to receive an alternative recommendation, or have any questions in regards to coverage, please reply to this email or call me at 866-306-2999. Thank you."

I am really amazed at the report from the technician that grease from cooking short-circuited the magnetron and the diode. First, the microwave is about 3ft above the stove, also the panel of the microwave is enclosed not exposed so I don't see how the oil from the stove can get to the panel. Secondly, oil is insulative (poor conductors) and not conductive in nature. Also, we just closed on this house Feb. 10, 2017, and moved in Feb. 17, 2017. This unit worked for few days after we moved in. I called Melissa to get an update and said "sorry we cannot cover this claim," that I need to talk to the technician. In conclusion: I bought a year warranty to cover my home appliance because of unforeseen circumstances. I was charged $70 upfront as a service call charge. A new microwave will only cost $180. Somebody, please help!

Hi David,

I am glad to hear we could be of service. I appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback. If you ever have a question about your warranty coverage, we are always happy to assist you.

Original review: March 9, 2017

When our dishwasher was leaking out of the front, it dawned on me that Landmark provided a warranty for us. So, we looked it up and called to see if we were eligible for a claim and they were very helpful. Although it's a Monday holiday, they still took my call and got me set up with a repair person to come analyze it. The technician called me back the next day and we set a date. A couple of days later, he fit us in and it was perfect. We're very much happy with their work. Their technician didn’t do just a quick fix. He ran it multiple times to make sure it wasn’t leaking. He was very, very thorough. So far, the dishwasher has continued to be good and not leaking after he left.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your Landmark service request. We are always working toward improving our homeowners experience. We're always happy to help and appreciate you choosing Landmark to assist in your home warranty needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 5, 2017

I gave Landmark a phone call to file a claim and they were very responsive. They got back to me within 24 hours and had a gentleman out repairing my appliance almost immediately. It was wonderful. He was very articulate and he did a great job.

Hi Kimberly,
Thank you for being a part of our Landmark family. We know that you have other choices when it comes to a home warranty. We will always seek to provide you a positive service experience in a timely manner. Thank you for taking a moment to share your rating and feedback regarding Landmark. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 3, 2017

I got Landmark Home Warranty two and a half years ago when I bought a house. I've submitted claims a couple of times and it has always been good. Every single tech has been professional at different levels, with some better than others.

Hello Grant,
Please accept my sincere apology regarding your experience with Landmark. You are a valued homeowner and your experience with us should reflect that in every way. I appreciate you providing feedback on your experience as it is one of the best catalysts for change. Your concerns are not taken lightly. We would like to follow-up with you and see if there is anything we can do to assist you at this time. Please expect a phone call or email shortly. Again, I apologize for the poor experience. We value your business and want you to know that we appreciate you.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 2, 2017

Submitting a claim with Landmark was pretty easy. I’ve also had interesting experiences with the technicians they send out. Some of it have been really good but some have been very poor. There were definitely multiple follow-ups to get everything figured out. It just took a lot longer than it probably should have. There was one instance where I filed a claim and asked for some assistance and help. They essentially gave me somebody where they’re gonna take care of it in four days and I needed it to be done immediately. I asked for a follow-up and people to help me out and Landmark absolutely failed.

Hi Wanda,

It's great to hear that Tyler was able to take good care of you. Thank you for sharing your claim experience. We are happy to have you in our Landmark family. We will always do our best to take excellent care of you and your home warranty needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I spoke to Tyler at Landmark about 9pm to report that my AC was not working. He was very helpful and had someone out the following day to fix it. The service was excellent and I have recommended Landmark to friends and family.

Hi Lindsey,
I am so sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. I appreciate the opportunity to research this situation and work toward an appropriate resolution. We do value your business and we always provide the best service possible within the warranty parameters. I apologize that Landmark has no met your expectation of service thus far. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Our Realtor, referred us to sign up for Landmark when we moved here. When we had an issue, I called in. I usually got put on hold when trying to set something up. The places that they deal with aren't always available the same day. So, a lot of them would be next day scheduling or the day after. Sometimes that can be an inconvenience. But usually something was set up the day that I called. One time, I called in and we wanted someone to come check our furnace. We didn't think it was working. I ended up getting transferred to a business in a different state. So, that didn't go over very well with me because it was an urgent issue and they won't even transfer me to the correct company. That was annoying. Our Realtor got involved with that and talked to their manager. So, I've had some iffy situations with people I've dealt with.

One time, all of a sudden, we had smoke in our house and we figured that it was coming out of our furnace, that something wasn't working correctly. We immediately called somebody to come out and address the issue. I didn't call Landmark first because to me that was an important thing and my house is going to start on fire. I Googled and found the first company that could come out immediately because that was the middle of the winter. And then I called Landmark the next to submit the claim or the receipt of what I had gotten fixed on my furnace. They didn't cover it since I called the company that wasn't on their contract with them. That was a little bit frustrating because it was an emergency situation.

We didn't push the issue but it was a joke because we've lived in our house for two months and then we had smoke coming into it. Our house is only a couple of years old. We spent $500,000 and have a warranty program supposedly but they don't back us up so it's just like a waste. That's where my main frustration comes in. We moved here from a different state and pushing the warranty wasn't a big deal where we came from. But they really pushed it here so we thought we needed it. And with the experiences that we've had, I would definitely not do it over again with any company.

Hi Abraham,

I am so sorry to hear that we are not meeting your expectation of service. I appreciate you providing feedback on your experience. All feedback is taken very seriously and can be a great catalyst for change. I will have an associate jump in on this claim and review the proceedings. We want you to always have a positive and timely claim experience. We always follow the contract to be equitable to every valued homeowner. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I'm with Landmark HW for 2 years. It was all good experience in handling the service requests until I had all small requests. The bad experience came when I had major repair. When my heater stopped working, the contractor told that I need to replace the furnace but Landmark wanted me to pay $1050 out of pocket due to uncovered expenses like changes needed for city code etc. I didn't want to spend 1050 now so I asked for options for which Landmark suggested I can get cash out. When they offered, they said they will give only $450 for this which doesn't even cover the furnace cost while they are supposed to pay at least furnace cost and the labor.

It doesn't make much sense for me to continue the warranty if they are not able to provide a better service during an unexpected major expense that is the main reason I buy warranty. I have still not decided if I have to pay $1050 and complete the repair or get $450 washout. In either case, I'm planning to come out of them after this is closed.

Hi Verla,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our homeowner's honest experiences are the greatest catalyst for change in policy and procedures. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectation of service. You are a valued homeowner and every claim should be a good experience from beginning to end. Should you ever have additional concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I've had someone come and replace the toilet. It took longer than I thought it should because there was a screwup between the contractor and Landmark Home Warranty. I also had an electrical problem and they came out and fixed that. It was a nice experience but I wasn't impressed with them because they wanted to charge me more than just the $60 which I thought was the only money I had to pay with my copay.

Landmark needs to be more detailed in what they tell people because I wasn't aware until I asked them if there was going to be any other charges other than the $60 I paid for the visit. But overall my experience with Landmark was satisfactory. When submitting a claim I have to do it over the phone because their online system doesn't work all the time, but their response rate is pretty efficient.

Hello Paul,
I apologize for your frustrating claim experience. I understand that it is upsetting to find out something is not covered under your warranty. It is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I placed an order request with Landmark on 1/30 for my failing furnace. A Landmark rep asked me to describe the problem, which was best described as a banging noise (as the spark ignitor attempted to fire up, it would clank as it shut off). She told me they don't warranty for "loud noises". I asked if the warranty covered furnaces that make loud noises and also don't work. She said I would need to set up an appointment with their contractor Cache Comfort Systems to assess it and the contractor would let Landmark know the condition and if it would be covered by the warranty. I called the number provided and set up an appointment for that afternoon.

Later that evening after not arriving on schedule I received a text from Cache Comfort Systems saying he had a busy day and couldn't make it and would make the house call the following day. By the end of 1/31, he had not arrived so I called and never heard back. Also no response on 2/1. On 2/2 I was notified by Landmark that it was the expiration date of my 1 year warranty. This seems like a dishonest way to operate a business, by ghosting customers on the final week of their warranty. After calling two separate HVAC companies for service advice and quotes over the following week, they were able to independently verify that the furnace had failed due to age and I have had to since replace it on my own. I feel like Landmark Home Warranty should provide a truth-in-advertising statement to their customers that their 365 day home warranties are actually closer to "365 days or less depending on your intent to renew."

Hi Dan,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience. It's great to hear that your appliances are working well. We always seeks to make sure our valued homeowners have a positive experience with every claim. Thank you for joining the Landmark Family! Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I was very pleased with the professional manner that Landmark Home Warranty handled my request for repairs on both my range and dishwasher. I only paid the one time $60 service fee and had both appliances diagnosed, parts ordered in and correctly installed. Follow up after the work order was completed was timely and also done to my complete satisfaction. Thank you.

Hi Margo,
It's great to hear that we met your expectation of service with your water softener. Thank you for trusting Landmark with your home warranty needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Had to file a claim. Had a water problem with water softener. They sent out a plumber within a few hours and it couldn't be repaired but they sent me a check very promptly. They were great to work with in my last house too. I would recommend them.

Hi Allison,
Thank you for being a valued part of our Landmark Family. We look forward to providing excellent service for all of your home warranty needs in the years to come. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate all types of feedback and will always strive to improve your claim experience, from placing the service request call to the contractor completing the work. You are important and your needs matter. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Landmark Home Warranty came with our house. They have a phone number to call and submit a claim over. Then they'd give the phone number of whoever they have contacted to do the work and either they would call us or we would call them the next day when they have the claim to make the appointment. Their technicians have all been professional and they always clean after themselves. Our experience with Landmark has been great and we have renewed our contract for another year.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for taking a minute to share your honest experience with Landmark. We do not take your concerns lightly and I apologize for the poor experience. We do value you and are thrilled to have you as part of our Landmark Family. We always strive to take care of our valued homeowners in a fast and efficient manner. I am happy to have this event reviewed if you feel it is warranted. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

The gas line that went up to the ceiling was punctured in the roofing process and was never caught in the home inspection. I had Landmark come out several times to repair it but their people said that there was no leak. When I was having my house re-reroofed, they said they now smell gas coming up and denied the claim. I paid for it myself. The other claims I submitted were positive.

Greg Russell,

When I originally got hold to your complaint on Yelp!, I had a contractor assigned within hours. At that time, after speaking to you, you had already gotten it fixed. I am truly sorry for the experience you had, we strive to make sure our homeowners are taken care of.

Candace Parke| Landmark Home Warranty| Online complaints|

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I called Landmark Home Warranty 2-7-2017 Ticket # ** to report my Refrigerator was not cooling. I was told and emailed a dispatch Ticket for Challen's Appliance repair that night. Waited till 1 PM 2-8 with no call from Challen's Appliance. Called Challen's Appliance 1:20 no call back. Called Landmark 2-8 and was told Challen's Appliance does not service my area and they would dispatch to another vendor.

Called Landmark 2-9-2017 and I was told they could not find a repair tech and sent my dispatch ticket to their contractor relations department and I would get a call from Landmark updating me on what they were doing. OK it's 2-10 I called Landmark again and they said they had no information and would send a note to the supervisor and their contractor relations department to have someone call me. It's 2-11-2017 no callback. I called Landmark 2-12-2017 at 10 AM, the agent could not help, could not update me on anything. All she said there is no supervisor working today and she would send the supervisor a email and send a email to contractor relations dept. So now I have been without a Refrigerator for 6 days and my wife is a diabetic on insulin that has to be kept cool. So as far as I am concerned this company is a RIP OFF. Do not buy any warranties from them. I will get my money back and go somewhere else.

Hello Gustavo,
Welcome to the Landmark Family! We are glad to have the opportunity to serve you. We always seek to provide excellent service and look forward to taking excellent care of you and your home warranty needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

When I bought my house, the people selling it told me about Landmark. So far it's been a positive experience and their technicians have been good.

Hi Steven,
Thank you for taking time to share your honest experience with Landmark. I apologize for the poor experience with your hose bib. While we don't cover for hose bibs under the warranty, I can have this service request reviewed and see if there is anything associated with the repair that we do cover. It is always frustrating to have unexpected costs. We do value your business and always strive to provide a positive experience. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

When we had a leaky faucet in the house, Landmark fixed it. We also got the ice maker fixed in the refrigerator. The only problem was I called about a hose we have outside the house but they don't cover that because it's outside. We had one that broke, and if it was a kind that would just thread on, I would fix it. But the pipe had to be replaced in the house, which they actually cut a hole in the ceiling in the basement, to put this pipe in there to hook on to the faucet. My wife was thinking, “That's inside the house,” so she called. The only reason why there's a hole there and they fixed it is somebody told her that they covered that. Then when they came out, they said they didn't cover it so I paid $200. So my wife is upset and she's gonna file complaints and letters but I think that's gonna go nowhere. Other than that, they were upfront when I called and it's been great.

Shelly,

I am sorry your service request did not go as planned. It is always frustrating when you are trying to resolve an issue with your appliance and it does not go accordingly. I have forwarded your complaint to our customer service team for review. They should contact you within 24 hours. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need anything additional.
Candace Parke | Online Complaints | Landmark Home Warranty

(Office) 866-306-2999 | (Fax) 866-306-1888 | www.landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Landmark was courteous and polite on the phone, however their promise of replacing appliances with a comparable appliance is false. My GE Profile stainless steel dishwasher failed to work properly. Thankfully, I had a home inspection before purchasing my house that showed the dishwasher worked fine. After a month, it ran, but dishes came out dirtier than when they went in. Landmark offered to replace the appliance, but not with a comparable unit. They offered a generic GE unit in black only. It has less features than my unit and does not match my other appliances. If I want stainless steel to match my current appliances, I have to pay $198. If I take a cash out, they will pay $554, but will not cover the installation.

Daryle,

I am so sorry that your experience was less than how you expected it to go. It is always frustrating when things do not go according to plan. Your complaint has been sent to our customer service team to review. They should be reaching out to you within 24 hours. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any additional questions or concerns.
Candace Parke | Online Complaints | Landmark Home Warranty

(Office) 866-306-2999 | (Fax) 866-306-1888 | www.landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I paid $500 for a home warranty with Landmark and it was a $70 fee to have the water heater fixed. In the dead of winter my water heater went out. I called on a Saturday and after a long hold period they sent me an e-mail of a plumber to call. The plumber stated "I don't know why they keep sending people to me, I told them I was out of town." He said he could not get to me until the following Wednesday. I called back Landmark Home warranty and they put me on a long hold again but only came back to tell me they could not find anyone else. The wait and customer service of the plumbing job was a terrible experience in itself, but only to be outdone by the lack of customer service by Landmark. The plumber finally shows up on Friday (6 days after the request), only to let me know the water heater was not getting power. He said he could not fix it, so I needed to call Landmark to have an electrician come out.

When I called Landmark they could not hurry enough to ask for another $70 because they said it was a different job. After many calls to the company they decided to keep all my money. They went back and listened to the recording of my initial request and I did not request a plumber, I advised them my water heater was not working. At the end of the call they advised me they would be sending a plumber and since I agreed to that I should pay. I never requested a plumber, that was their decision. The plumber did nothing other than not show up for three days. There should be a disclaimer with their company that you should first pay someone to come out and diagnose the problem before you ever call them. Terrible service all around and terrible policies on customer service.

Hi Ben,
Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your Landmark experience online. I apologize for the technical problems. I appreciate your patience and willingness to work with a claims manager. We value your business and are always looking for ways to improve our homeowners experience. Obviously we still have some 'bugs' to work out. We're sorry about that. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I had a budget of $500 and Landmark was at $550 so they were around the most affordable. I've only been with them for a month, and the recent claim that I submitted got taken care of. When I tried to file a claim on Landmark's website, it didn't work. I would like to reset it 'cause I had to keep logging in and I let them know about it. I filed the claim over the phone and the rep was wonderful. The technician sent was great.

Hello Alexander,

I am sorry to hear about your continuing frustration regarding you plumbing issue. I do understand why you are disappointed. You have an expectation of coverage that the contract does not cover. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. I wanted to quickly clarify again, why your plumbing issue is not covered.

You have the Essential Plan for Nevada.

Per the warranty:

PLUMBING SYSTEM COVERED: Gas or electric water heaters up to 70 gallons (multiple units covered); tankless water heaters; plumbing pipe leaks; clearing of drain line stoppages through an accessible cleanout, up to 100 feet from access point; recirculating pump; toilets and related mechanisms; toilet wax ring seals; built-in bathtub whirlpool motor, pump, and air switch assemblies; valves for shower, tub, and diverter valves; ball valves; gate valves; faucets, shower arms and shower heads (replaced with chrome builders standard, when necessary); interior hose bibbs; pressure regulators; permanently installed sump pumps (ground water only).

EXCLUSIONS: Stoppages caused by collapsed, damaged, or broken drain, vent, or sewer lines outside the home’s main foundation; stoppages or breaks caused by roots; stoppages that cannot be cleared with a standard 100-foot sewer cable, even if within the home’s main foundation; hydrojetting, unless additional option is chosen (Advantage Plan); cameras; flow restrictions in fresh water lines; bathtubs; sinks; showers; shower enclosures and base pans; toilet lids and seats; whirlpool jets; caulking; grouting; water filtration/purification system; septic tanks; holding or storage tanks; saunas or steam rooms; costs to locate or access cleanouts, including through roof vents and toilet removal, unless additional option is chosen (Advantage Plan); cost to install cleanouts; external hose bibbs; polybutylene piping; leak detection tests; water heater expansion tanks; icemaker water lines; water softeners; inadequate or excessive water pressure; sewage ejector pump; all other parts and repairs that are not listed as covered.

Our Claims Department always seeks to provide a positive experience. They must operate within the parameters of the contract to remain equitable to every valued homeowner. Should you have additional questions or concerns, you can contact our Customer Care Department. They will be happy to assist you. customercare@landmarkhw.com

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

They cover NOTHING! Don't USE! They say they cover broken pipes, but somehow, my main waterline coming into my home through the garage doesn't qualify. Then, they claim they don't cover any of the sewer line repairs because "it's just not in our list of covered items." What? What is the use of a home warranty that doesn't cover basic plumbing repairs like the MAIN WATERLINE PIPE through the garage or the SEWER LINE in the foundation? This is the absolute worst home warranty company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. 0 stars would be more appropriate. Please, take your business elsewhere!

Hi Ramy,
Thank you for choosing to join the Landmark family. We value our homeowners and always seek to provide excellent service. I appreciate you taking a minute of your valuable time to share your experience online. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

My realtor recommended Landmark to the home seller and they were the ones who processed the warranty. It's been a month and a half now since having the warranty and I submitted a claim last week. The technicians that were sent were skilled and professional.

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you so much for choosing Landmark Home Warranty. We will always strive to provide excellent service for all of your home warranty needs. I know your time is valuable, and I appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience online. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I am happy to help.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

When I bought my house, I decided to use Landmark Home Warranty as I wanted full coverage. I had used it twice so far and the claims process was fast. The technicians were very nice and polite.

Hello Nicole,

I am sorry to hear about your poor experiences. I would like to assist you. I am not able to find a current or cancelled contract in our system with any of the contact information you provided. If you will please contact me directly, I would be happy to assist you.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My home seller purchased me a homeowners policy from Landmark Home Warranty. They refused to cover an electrical problem I had, they refused to pay for a sewer pipe problem I had, they refused to reimburse me for a dishwasher that failed. The policy that I had did not list any exclusions, but when I called them they told me that they have a secret list of exclusion not publish for the buy at time of purchase. They are a crooked company.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Profile