2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
ACCREDITED PARTNER

3.3/5 (143 ratings)

About Landmark Home Warranty

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

Pros

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

Cons

• Coverage not available in all states

Bottom Line

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

Verified

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to e...

Verified

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recom...

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
Plumbing system$800–$1,000
Refrigerant$20 per pound
Subterranean termite treatment$700
Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
  2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
  3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
  4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
  5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I liked what I researched about Landmark, what I read, what I found out about the cost effectiveness and what it all entailed. But in the beginning, when I first got the membership, it was very slow. It was very frustrating. There was a barrier with the communication skills of the person that I had dealt with the first couple of times. I couldn't understand a lot of the things that we were saying. The second thing was that they said, "We’ll put in the information and send you an email. Somebody should be in touch with you.” But nobody ever got in touch with me. I had to reach out and call back so that was a bit frustrating. The biggest frustration was getting through to somebody that could help to resolve the reason why I called, to have somebody come out, take a look at the issue, assess what could be done about it and how it could be fixed. I kept calling and calling and I was never able to get through or I was left on hold for a long time.

My most recent experience with Landmark happened within the last 30 days and the call went through very quickly. I could understand everything with the person I spoke to and they scheduled somebody. That particular person came out within a week, took care of the electrical issue and explained everything. We were very happy with it. They were very professional, knowledgeable and able to resolve it right there and then.

While it took a long time to get through to Landmark to let them know I've got an issue with my washing machine, they did send out somebody. That somebody came and assessed and said, “I can't fix it here. Can we take it into the shop?” I asked them would it still be part of the whole claim. He said yes. The company that took it in did an assessment on it and said, “We'll have to order a part for it. We'll let you know when that comes in.” The part finally came in and they did the install however it was not working to fix the problem. They found another problem and said they'd get something to fix that. They contacted me later on saying it was not gonna fix it. They came to the conclusion that the appliance is not repairable.

They went above and beyond to contact Landmark and explain to them them why the machine is not repairable. Two weeks later, Landmark got in touch with me to say the final diagnosis. They said they would send me a check so that I could buy and replace it which they did. That was all really positive. The experience with everything is excellent. However, I wasn't too thrilled about the increase in the price after I’ve had it for a 12-month period of time. Even though it's been good and I'm happy, it's making me think that if it's another increase like that, I will not continue with Landmark.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Landmark Home Warranty looked reasonable for what I was trying to accomplish. The items that were available to cover looked reasonable and the price was competitive. They also cover up to three heating air conditioning systems. I’ve had a couple claims so far and I just made one this morning to deal with the dishwasher. It was very quick. I tried to do it online but it told me it couldn't set up the service order. I called in and lady had it done. I heard from the contractor within maybe two hours and we got an appointment set up.

I use the feature where you can, in the fall and in the spring, have your air conditioning and heating tune-up. I've not had any troubles with those. This year, I had them up and it was a new firm that they were using. These guys started claiming improper installation and all sorts of stuff. The bill was going up and up that I would be responsible for. I couldn't get a firm price out of them. The furnace that’s hooked up with the air conditioner was in the attic. They said, "You gotta pay for us to put planks around it so we can get in there.” There were planks in there already. This firm they used was all about the money. I complained about it. It's interesting this time around when I had the firm come out for the fall. They changed and had come back to the old firm that I have previously who I had quite liked. They seemed above board.

I had a second case which was our hot water tank that went on me. I called Landmark up and I would give them credit for what they did and how they paid for it. But again, I was very disappointed in the contractor they chose to send out. Ultimately, I found somebody myself. They paid me the payout price on it. It cost me maybe 50 bucks more than the amount that this other firm was looking for as a copayment. The guy that came out was really good and did it with no problem. He pointed out one issue to me. He fixed it and never charged me for it. He replaced the tank and I was totally happy.

However, I was not happy with the price they gave me on the buyout. I know how they do it. They buy the hot water tanks wholesale then pay a certain amount, which is not big, to the contractor who's putting it in. This particular contractor I had said it could be up to $500, $600 more. It would depend upon whether they've gotta redo the piping and reboot it. I explained it to the lady at Landmark and she said, "If you’re game, we'll pay you out and you deal with the other person.” Interestingly enough, the other plumber never saw it. I had emailed him and he asked if I could text him some pictures. I took half a dozen pictures and sent them to him. He got right back to me and said the total price was 925 bucks. He came out and that's what he did it for. He had no complaints about the piping.

On the air conditioner, they had said it wasn't covered. I went back and debated it wasn’t pointed out in the contract where I thought it was covered. At the end of the day, they did cover. I question the selection of contractors but for a couple of the things I've had, I think I would run into with any warranty company. I understand the game with these contractors. They'll bid cheap to get the work but when they're dealing with the warranty customer, they try to play the game to get extra money.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I had issues trying to get ahold of Landmark for my spring tune-up for my HVAC. I never did get ahold of them so I just thought to do it the next year. I did get ahold of them for my fall tune-up and that was fine. I got a random message from them late summer and it was something about my contract PDF being ready and available. I called the guy and asked why was I getting the email. They said they didn't know. I said, "It's hard to get ahold of anyone at the moment and my contract is in February. Why would you randomly send this out? That's kind of annoying."

They sent someone out to fix a few things I've ever really needed to be fixed which is fine. But I'm not sure if they hire good quality contractors for the work. Some of the contractors might be decent, but they are not top of the line. I think they might be going for the cheaper price. They replaced my garbage disposal. The guy came and did it and he was not super awesome with the replacement. It wouldn't work. He said, "I replaced it. It must be the electricity right here." I asked if he could fix the electricity. He said no. He can install the garbage disposal but he can't fix like the incoming electrical to the garbage disposal which is just a tiny box right there.

I had to call my electrician to come and fix that and he was not impressed with this guy's handling of installing the garbage disposal. I don't know if it's necessarily their fault that the company they hired to come and look at my disposal sent the guy out that was inexperienced but I definitely was not thrilled having to pay an electrician $100 to rewire the disposal.

I also found that they recently moved and they're understaffed. When they moved, they didn't hire enough agents to cover. It was extremely difficult to get ahold of them. I'd also like for them to stop being overly hallmark-ish with me. I can let go of all of the other random ** that they say like, "How can I make your day better?" Just say hello. But overall, the tune-up is fine and I keep renewing the policy every year. I'm gonna do so until my water heater, my HVAC and my refrigeration fails. Once I get those replacements, I will stop.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Landmark should get top marks. Their customer service is good. They've taken care of me every time I've had to deal with them. The only thing I don't particularly like is they only have a certain amount of people that they go through for AC units. Once they put in the order, I'm at their mercy. I can't find another person that could come out right away. But it's not really their fault. It’s not because they don't find me one. It's because whatever company they do get, they're busy working. It could take Landmark two, three days to get an AC unit guy out here to fix my problem which unfortunately, whenever I had a problem, it’s the hottest time of the month.

At one time they sent out an AC company, this guy didn't know his head from a hole in the ground and I asked him to leave. Then Landmark tried telling me that they were gonna charge me another $65 to bring another company out. Once I complained a little bit, they covered it. The guy really didn't know what he was doing so they sent another guy out and he told them what the guy was talking about was crazy. They took care of it and didn't charge me.

I have a very old unit and it's the only reason I have a home warranty. I don't need all the other stuff covered 'cause I can get a refrigerator and a stove but I can't afford a AC unit. I found out through the guy that was working on it (not the company that Landmark sent out) that Landmark won't replace my AC unit. They'll just keep piecing it together until they can't get parts. But he said that everyone does that. It's cheaper to pay someone $65 to come out and fix it than it is to pay for it myself.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Robert of Maricopa, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for providing Landmark Home Warranty with a 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences over the last 3 years! Our number one priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. We also appreciate your important feedback regarding our contractor network and take your comments seriously to help improve our service offerings. Thank you again for choosing Landmark! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 14, 2020

My Sub-Zero refrigerator was making noise. It sounded like a fan was going out so I called Landmark and Suncoast came out, opened it up, looked at it and said, “Yeah. We probably oughta replace the fan motor that’s on the freezer side.” I thought it was the one on top. I didn’t know it had motor. So they said that they’d order a part. A week or so go by I call to check on it and then I get a call from some young lady at Landmark telling me that that part’s not available and that they’re going to send me a check for $1,500 and take the unit off the home warranty.

I said, “Whoa. Stop. You can’t tell me that Sub-Zero didn’t make a fan motor for this unit anymore. I can’t fathom that happening.” She said, “Sir, we’re going to buy the unit out, we’re gonna send you a check within 10 days.” I said, “No. Don’t do it.” So after about four minutes of being frustrated with her I finally said, “Do not send me a check. I’m going to research this.” So I simply got my model number and contacted Sub-Zero who’s put me in touch with their parts people. I’m in Houston, Texas and they happened to be in Dallas, Texas, and the lady said, “Well, sir, we’ve got six of those sitting in the warehouse and the cost on them is $89.” And I’m going, “Huh?”

I called Landmark back and was on hold for about 45 minutes. Finally, it got transferred to somebody who would listen to me, and the lady that listened to me was absolutely fantastic. I said, “This doesn’t make sense. Y’all wanna spend 1,500 and take my appliance out of it and for $89 plus $100 service call, we go down that road.” She put me on hold, and I gave her all the contact information for the Sub-Zero place in Dallas. I guess their parts people called them while I was on hold, came back and said, “Mr. **, you’re absolutely right. We’re gonna order the part, Suncoast will be out to replace it.” And that’s what ended up happening. The Suncoast people were very nice. They were spot on with their diagnosis. As soon as they got the part, they came out and replaced it, and we’ve had absolutely no problem with the refrigerator.

I've been with Landmark for five years. I would like that the first person I talked to at Landmark regarding the Sub-Zero do her research and make sure that what they want to do is correct. But that has been the only issue since I’ve had Landmark in all these years. I haven’t had a whole lot of dealings with them, but every dealing that I’ve ever had with them has been very pleasant.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Mark of Houston, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and we always appreciate the opportunity to help, and love the positive feedback. Thank you again! Please know we truly value your loyal business of 6 years, and look forward to serving you again in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The claims process was extremely easy. When the furnace went out, the contractor that Landmark sent was awesome. The tech was able to get everything repaired quickly.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Chuck of Star, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and awesome remarks regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and our wonderful contractor! Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and your testimony regarding ease of service and quality workmanship is everything we strive for as your home warranty provider. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again! We truly value your loyal business of 7 years and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I wasn't getting my hot and cold water from the shower. The contractor said the cartridge was broken and they replaced that. The next day when I tried to take a shower, the water just dribbled out. It took about three days and they came out. They said when they replace old broken cartridge, all the sediment goes up to the showerhead. I have a two showerhead type thing and I asked if they would replace that. The tech said they won't do that and that they're just going to do a single showerhead.

I've also had a contractor come out because the stool wasn't flushing right. A Sonoran Plumbing guy came out and he fixed the flapper and did something else. A week later, I walked by and heard it running. I call him back and told him it was still running. They came out and they replaced the inside of the stool. Then, I said that I tried to shut the faucet handle off that lets of water come in and that when I tried to do that, it just started dripping and leaking. I asked if they could repair that faucet and the guy said that it wasn't leaking when they were here, so it was not their problem. He did not even talk to Landmark about it.

Then, my pump went out and in talking to the guy that would replace it, he said they don't make single phase pumps anymore. He said I had to put in a reconditioned one. I asked him to put in the newer one but he said he couldn't and that he has to replace it with exactly what I had. I offered to pay the difference but he said no. There are so many things I'm covered, but I'm not covered. It seems like no matter what I do, it's always, "Oh, we're only doing that."

Also, I know with the COVID, everyone has a problem but sometimes I would wait on the phone an hour before I got to talk to them and tell them that I needed to have service. Then, one time, they said they have someone coming. I asked for the name and I thought if they don't show up, I would call them. I went online and the contractor was from Texas. I called back Landmark and waited another hour before they answered. They said my email got mixed up with somebody else. They're very inefficient with everything. It's due to come up on March 17th and I'm going to check with another company.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Judy of Rio Verde, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark Home Warranty the opportunity to review your service history firsthand. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and to service our valued homeowners as quickly as possible, and we apologize for the frustration. Please know we have confirmed your showerhead has been replaced with a builder standard showerhead and the toilet repair has also been completed. We have also reviewed your service request for the pool pump and confirmed it was replaced with a like model in accordance with the Landmark service plan. In addition, you can create service requests at www.landmarkhw.com to avoid hold times. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to offer this additional explanation. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I am a 26-year-old first time home buyer and my experience with Landmark Home Warranty has left me hanging on multiple occasions and in a few of my first homeowner-crisis situations and it’s quite upsetting. Once, I woke up to an active pipe burst in my home. Water was pouring from the ceiling between my first and second floor. My first phone call was to Landmark, my home warranty company. They told me the earliest they could send someone to check it out was on Monday, even though this was an urgent matter and water was pouring from my ceiling and likely to cause further damage.

Because this burst pipe needed urgent attention, I called my neighbor over to help me turn off my water and stop the water from flowing. The neighbor turned off my water and also helped me out by capping the pipe where the burst happened so that we could turn our water back on and have running water until the home warranty contractor came out on Monday.

I understand that by doing this immediate remediation that I voided the ability of the home warranty company to help me, but this is on their company for sending someone to my home 2 days after the pipe burst. This was an emergency situation, and as a company that I hope cares for the customer, I urge them to take this into consideration and send someone immediately in emergency situations. They did not work hard enough for the customer this time around. So now, as a 26-year-old who just shelled out her life savings on a down payment on her first home, I am also paying a couple grand out of pocket to meet my homeowners’ insurance deductible when my home warranty company really should have been there for me.

In another situation, I opened another plumbing claim with this home warranty company, and they did not cover anything. Plumbing should be a fairly basic and wide coverage. Again, I shelled out a couple grand when my home warranty company should have helped me. I keep calling them in my times of need hoping it will be different, but each time I give them a call, I am met with that $70 charge just to open the claim, only for them to come out and determine they cannot cover anything. This has happened time and time again and I am naively discovering that my home warranty company is one big scam. Literally do not purchase this coverage! I cannot stress this enough. I hope I am saving someone else from this company.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Erica of Irving, Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark Home Warranty the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and to service our valued homeowners as quickly as possible, and we sincerely regret the frustration. In your situation, the service contractor advised he was not able to perform a diagnostic evaluation, due to previous repairs being made. Please also note coverage is not all inclusive, and there may be instances where the homeowner might incur out of pocket expense for items not covered by the service plan. Our records indicate repairs were completed to address the water flow restriction, however, a portion of the cost was not covered. Again, we truly apologize for the frustration and sincerely hope this additional information is helpful. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

We tried Landmark out for a year. We renewed in January because we've been pleased with the responsiveness. Their pricing was also important to us. When the AC went out, it was on a Sunday. Having to wait until Monday was to be expected, even though it was 90 degrees. The process was fairly easy and they were very communicative. Then, the follow-up on the resolution of the issue was also good. Overall, we're very satisfied.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Donna of Providence Village, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Our top priority is your satisfaction, from the initial call for service, to the completed repair, and providing prompt resolution is exactly what we strive to do. Thank you again! We are so happy this has been your experience and look forward to serving you in the future. OneGuard Home Warranties

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

We've had two claims with Landmark Home Warranty. We've had one on the pool and we also had them do a rekey project. Both claims were flawless. Their reps have been very nice and are great contacts. They've done well for us.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Matthew of Sahuarita, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and testimony regarding your positive customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty and our fantastic customer advocates! Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and we take pride in providing you with quality service and the peace of mind you deserve. Thank you again for the opportunity! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information