2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.11/5

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

BOTTOM LINE

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

PROS

• System tune-ups
  • No-fault coverage included
  • Pest control

CONS

• Coverage not available in all states

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone.

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
  • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
* Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
  • Water softener
  • Well pump
  • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I liked what I researched about Landmark, what I read, what I found out about the cost effectiveness and what it all entailed. But in the beginning, when I first got the membership, it was very slow. It was very frustrating. There was a barrier with the communication skills of the person that I had dealt with the first couple of times. I couldn't understand a lot of the things that we were saying. The second thing was that they said, "We’ll put in the information and send you an email. Somebody should be in touch with you.” But nobody ever got in touch with me. I had to reach out and call back so that was a bit frustrating. The biggest frustration was getting through to somebody that could help to resolve the reason why I called, to have somebody come out, take a look at the issue, assess what could be done about it and how it could be fixed. I kept calling and calling and I was never able to get through or I was left on hold for a long time.

My most recent experience with Landmark happened within the last 30 days and the call went through very quickly. I could understand everything with the person I spoke to and they scheduled somebody. That particular person came out within a week, took care of the electrical issue and explained everything. We were very happy with it. They were very professional, knowledgeable and able to resolve it right there and then.

While it took a long time to get through to Landmark to let them know I've got an issue with my washing machine, they did send out somebody. That somebody came and assessed and said, “I can't fix it here. Can we take it into the shop?” I asked them would it still be part of the whole claim. He said yes. The company that took it in did an assessment on it and said, “We'll have to order a part for it. We'll let you know when that comes in.” The part finally came in and they did the install however it was not working to fix the problem. They found another problem and said they'd get something to fix that. They contacted me later on saying it was not gonna fix it. They came to the conclusion that the appliance is not repairable.

They went above and beyond to contact Landmark and explain to them them why the machine is not repairable. Two weeks later, Landmark got in touch with me to say the final diagnosis. They said they would send me a check so that I could buy and replace it which they did. That was all really positive. The experience with everything is excellent. However, I wasn't too thrilled about the increase in the price after I’ve had it for a 12-month period of time. Even though it's been good and I'm happy, it's making me think that if it's another increase like that, I will not continue with Landmark.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Landmark Home Warranty looked reasonable for what I was trying to accomplish. The items that were available to cover looked reasonable and the price was competitive. They also cover up to three heating air conditioning systems. I’ve had a couple claims so far and I just made one this morning to deal with the dishwasher. It was very quick. I tried to do it online but it told me it couldn't set up the service order. I called in and lady had it done. I heard from the contractor within maybe two hours and we got an appointment set up.

I use the feature where you can, in the fall and in the spring, have your air conditioning and heating tune-up. I've not had any troubles with those. This year, I had them up and it was a new firm that they were using. These guys started claiming improper installation and all sorts of stuff. The bill was going up and up that I would be responsible for. I couldn't get a firm price out of them. The furnace that’s hooked up with the air conditioner was in the attic. They said, "You gotta pay for us to put planks around it so we can get in there.” There were planks in there already. This firm they used was all about the money. I complained about it. It's interesting this time around when I had the firm come out for the fall. They changed and had come back to the old firm that I have previously who I had quite liked. They seemed above board.

I had a second case which was our hot water tank that went on me. I called Landmark up and I would give them credit for what they did and how they paid for it. But again, I was very disappointed in the contractor they chose to send out. Ultimately, I found somebody myself. They paid me the payout price on it. It cost me maybe 50 bucks more than the amount that this other firm was looking for as a copayment. The guy that came out was really good and did it with no problem. He pointed out one issue to me. He fixed it and never charged me for it. He replaced the tank and I was totally happy.

However, I was not happy with the price they gave me on the buyout. I know how they do it. They buy the hot water tanks wholesale then pay a certain amount, which is not big, to the contractor who's putting it in. This particular contractor I had said it could be up to $500, $600 more. It would depend upon whether they've gotta redo the piping and reboot it. I explained it to the lady at Landmark and she said, "If you’re game, we'll pay you out and you deal with the other person.” Interestingly enough, the other plumber never saw it. I had emailed him and he asked if I could text him some pictures. I took half a dozen pictures and sent them to him. He got right back to me and said the total price was 925 bucks. He came out and that's what he did it for. He had no complaints about the piping.

On the air conditioner, they had said it wasn't covered. I went back and debated it wasn’t pointed out in the contract where I thought it was covered. At the end of the day, they did cover. I question the selection of contractors but for a couple of the things I've had, I think I would run into with any warranty company. I understand the game with these contractors. They'll bid cheap to get the work but when they're dealing with the warranty customer, they try to play the game to get extra money.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I had issues trying to get ahold of Landmark for my spring tune-up for my HVAC. I never did get ahold of them so I just thought to do it the next year. I did get ahold of them for my fall tune-up and that was fine. I got a random message from them late summer and it was something about my contract PDF being ready and available. I called the guy and asked why was I getting the email. They said they didn't know. I said, "It's hard to get ahold of anyone at the moment and my contract is in February. Why would you randomly send this out? That's kind of annoying."

They sent someone out to fix a few things I've ever really needed to be fixed which is fine. But I'm not sure if they hire good quality contractors for the work. Some of the contractors might be decent, but they are not top of the line. I think they might be going for the cheaper price. They replaced my garbage disposal. The guy came and did it and he was not super awesome with the replacement. It wouldn't work. He said, "I replaced it. It must be the electricity right here." I asked if he could fix the electricity. He said no. He can install the garbage disposal but he can't fix like the incoming electrical to the garbage disposal which is just a tiny box right there.

I had to call my electrician to come and fix that and he was not impressed with this guy's handling of installing the garbage disposal. I don't know if it's necessarily their fault that the company they hired to come and look at my disposal sent the guy out that was inexperienced but I definitely was not thrilled having to pay an electrician $100 to rewire the disposal.

I also found that they recently moved and they're understaffed. When they moved, they didn't hire enough agents to cover. It was extremely difficult to get ahold of them. I'd also like for them to stop being overly hallmark-ish with me. I can let go of all of the other random ** that they say like, "How can I make your day better?" Just say hello. But overall, the tune-up is fine and I keep renewing the policy every year. I'm gonna do so until my water heater, my HVAC and my refrigeration fails. Once I get those replacements, I will stop.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Landmark should get top marks. Their customer service is good. They've taken care of me every time I've had to deal with them. The only thing I don't particularly like is they only have a certain amount of people that they go through for AC units. Once they put in the order, I'm at their mercy. I can't find another person that could come out right away. But it's not really their fault. It’s not because they don't find me one. It's because whatever company they do get, they're busy working. It could take Landmark two, three days to get an AC unit guy out here to fix my problem which unfortunately, whenever I had a problem, it’s the hottest time of the month.

At one time they sent out an AC company, this guy didn't know his head from a hole in the ground and I asked him to leave. Then Landmark tried telling me that they were gonna charge me another $65 to bring another company out. Once I complained a little bit, they covered it. The guy really didn't know what he was doing so they sent another guy out and he told them what the guy was talking about was crazy. They took care of it and didn't charge me.

I have a very old unit and it's the only reason I have a home warranty. I don't need all the other stuff covered 'cause I can get a refrigerator and a stove but I can't afford a AC unit. I found out through the guy that was working on it (not the company that Landmark sent out) that Landmark won't replace my AC unit. They'll just keep piecing it together until they can't get parts. But he said that everyone does that. It's cheaper to pay someone $65 to come out and fix it than it is to pay for it myself.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Robert of Maricopa, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for providing Landmark Home Warranty with a 5 star review and such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences over the last 3 years! Our number one priority is your satisfaction with all your home warranty and home services needs, and we love the positive feedback and always appreciate the opportunity to help. We also appreciate your important feedback regarding our contractor network and take your comments seriously to help improve our service offerings. Thank you again for choosing Landmark! We truly value your continued business and look forward to serving you again. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: June 14, 2020

My Sub-Zero refrigerator was making noise. It sounded like a fan was going out so I called Landmark and Suncoast came out, opened it up, looked at it and said, “Yeah. We probably oughta replace the fan motor that’s on the freezer side.” I thought it was the one on top. I didn’t know it had motor. So they said that they’d order a part. A week or so go by I call to check on it and then I get a call from some young lady at Landmark telling me that that part’s not available and that they’re going to send me a check for $1,500 and take the unit off the home warranty.

I said, “Whoa. Stop. You can’t tell me that Sub-Zero didn’t make a fan motor for this unit anymore. I can’t fathom that happening.” She said, “Sir, we’re going to buy the unit out, we’re gonna send you a check within 10 days.” I said, “No. Don’t do it.” So after about four minutes of being frustrated with her I finally said, “Do not send me a check. I’m going to research this.” So I simply got my model number and contacted Sub-Zero who’s put me in touch with their parts people. I’m in Houston, Texas and they happened to be in Dallas, Texas, and the lady said, “Well, sir, we’ve got six of those sitting in the warehouse and the cost on them is $89.” And I’m going, “Huh?”

I called Landmark back and was on hold for about 45 minutes. Finally, it got transferred to somebody who would listen to me, and the lady that listened to me was absolutely fantastic. I said, “This doesn’t make sense. Y’all wanna spend 1,500 and take my appliance out of it and for $89 plus $100 service call, we go down that road.” She put me on hold, and I gave her all the contact information for the Sub-Zero place in Dallas. I guess their parts people called them while I was on hold, came back and said, “Mr. **, you’re absolutely right. We’re gonna order the part, Suncoast will be out to replace it.” And that’s what ended up happening. The Suncoast people were very nice. They were spot on with their diagnosis. As soon as they got the part, they came out and replaced it, and we’ve had absolutely no problem with the refrigerator.

I've been with Landmark for five years. I would like that the first person I talked to at Landmark regarding the Sub-Zero do her research and make sure that what they want to do is correct. But that has been the only issue since I’ve had Landmark in all these years. I haven’t had a whole lot of dealings with them, but every dealing that I’ve ever had with them has been very pleasant.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Mark of Houston, On behalf of the entire team, thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and we always appreciate the opportunity to help, and love the positive feedback. Thank you again! Please know we truly value your loyal business of 6 years, and look forward to serving you again in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I've used Landmark for all three of my home purchases. I was happy with their service from the first home and so I just stuck with them. It's pretty simple to do a claim. I just go online and submit a claim there. I got a call shortly after I closed on the place I'm in now. And they helped make sure that everything I wanted on the warranty was there.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

We did a claim a while back. It was a Friday and they followed up the next Monday and came right out. The guy who came for our heater was awesome. It was more of an inspection to make sure we were ready for winter. He took everything out and showed us what to look out for with filters. He took good care of us. We were thrilled. We also had another claim and everybody was pleasant. We’re very satisfied with the experience thus far.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Ken of Beaverton, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and providing such thoughtful testimony regarding your customer service experiences with Landmark Home Warranty! Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it is always our most distinct pleasure to assist you with all your home warranty and home services needs. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again for entrusting Landmark! We truly value your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

We've had one contractor out so far and it's been pretty good. He came out and we got a rekey. There was a little hiccup when submitting a claim. The front door, the top lock and the door handle lock go in opposite directions to lock. So, if you want to lock the top lock, you turn it to the right. If you want to lock the bottom lock, you turn it to the left. That drives me nuts ‘cause it doesn't make any sense. This is what I have been saying in the email and I'm asking for the guy to fix it where they both go right. If not, then I will go out and buy another handle and hardware and have that ready for when he gets here. They had told me that it was fine and that the guy could probably fix it. They were more concerned with trying to book the appointment than understanding what I was asking.

We booked the appointment for two days from that email. But the guy came out here and he said that he couldn't do that. He would have to come out here for a second time and a second service fee. So the guy just rekeyed all of our stuff and we left it as is, with them going opposite directions for the time being. I wasn't gonna pay for two service fees to come out here when I could've had the hardware ready had I known that I needed it. But in the big scheme of things, it was not a big deal. We're gonna change out the hardware in this house anyway so we'll do it then.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Landmark Home Warranty had a little bit better coverage around HVAC. The claim submission is pretty streamlined and they've been really good and receptive as far as getting something scheduled. They get somebody out here really quickly. But there was one time where the partner that they selected to do the service took a long time to order a part. So, I constantly had to call Landmark who then referred me back to the other vendor that was doing the service. I was a little frustrated at that particular point in time ‘cause Landmark should’ve been a little more active in regards to making sure that part was ordered and brought in on time.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Do not purchase coverage under this home owners warranty!!!! They do not give the service as promised. I called for service on an air conditioner- waited 2 days for a call back and was told they would not service my unit. I paid $500.00 out of pocket.

Landmark Home Warranty response

Dear Crida of Morton Grove, Landmark is actively searching for your warranty plan. However, we cannot locate a contract under the information provided. Please provide your contract information and we will review on your behalf. Thank you for your consideration. Landmark Home Warranty

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
    Plumbing system$800–$1,000
    Refrigerant$20 per pound
    Subterranean termite treatment$700
    Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
    2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
    3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
    4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
    5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information