Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
3.07/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs!

Landmark Home Warranty

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

BOTTOM LINE

Although Landmark Home Warranty is not available nationwide, for those in their service area they provide many appealing benefits and coverage options.

PROS

• System tune-ups
    • No-fault coverage included
    • Pest control

CONS

• Coverage not available in all states

Top Landmark Home Warranty Reviews

12/02/2018

Landmark was quick to engage and provide a knowledgeable vendor to execute repairs. It was pleasant working with the Landmark reps who were very conscientious and followed up to ensure work was completed.

03/12/2019

Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Quit paying for costly home repairs!

Landmark Home Warranty plans

Landmark Home Warranty provides coverage plans for the systems in your home as well as major appliances. The company protects more than 70,000 homeowners each year in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty works with local representatives and independent licensed contractors in every region it services.

Homeowners can choose from the Home Systems Plan, which covers systems such as air conditioning and water heater, or the Total Protection Plan, which includes all items in the Home Systems plan, plus coverage for appliances such as dishwashers, central vacuums and washers and dryers.

• Home Systems plan: Covers 4 major home systems and 5 extra services
      • Total Protection plan: Covers 18 major home systems, appliances and extra services

Landmark Home Warranty includes pest control services in each of its plans, making it a unique offering and helping homeowners save money by avoiding a separate pest control contract. Homeowners can check their coverage, open a claim or renew their warranty right from the homeowner dashboard. The company also offers free, personalized home warranty quotes.

Landmark Home Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for Landmark Home Warranty’s plans ranges between $35–$55 a month, with service call fees ranging between $60–$100. You’ll pay a service call fee each time you make a claim and a technician is sent to your home.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
      Home Systems Plan$60, $70 or $100$55.84 (or $670 per year)
      Total Protection Plan$60, $70 or $100$35 (or $420 per year)
      * Prices reflect homeowners plan for Texas homes under 5,000 square feet. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage

With two plans to choose from, Landmark provides coverage for all major home systems and household appliances. They also provide extra services under their standard service agreement, like pest control, system tune-ups and re-key services. These extra services are not common in the home warranty industry.

Landmark also provides “no fault coverage” on both of their plans, which provides repair for covered items when the failure is due to improper installation, repair, modification or system capacity issues. The no fault coverage also covers hauling away defective equipment of covered items taken out during a repair.

Home Systems Plan:

• Washer and dryer
      • Water softener
      • Well pump
      • Wet bar refrigerator

Optional coverage is available at a cost ranging from $2 to $28 per additional item. Exact cost per item can be found on Landmark’s website.

Jump to: Exclusions, limits and claims

1608 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

The A/C was not working. We called the Landmark Home Warranty. They sent a technician. The technician diagnosed that it should be replaced. Another technician was sent, he said he fixed it, but not, then they sent a third one and he confirmed that the condenser unit required a replacement. They changed and it is working. Although we were dealing with it for three weeks, the weather was ok. They followed up in every step and were very kind to help as much as possible.

Victoria,

Thank you for your feedback! Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a professional and timely manner. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Cheyenne

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This was my first time using a home warranty, our dishwasher was leaking pretty bad. I submitted a ticket online, and within a few hours the service company contacted me and set up a appointment. The service company had to order the part so they said it would be a couple days to get fixed. Landmark followed up with new and the company to make sure my problem was fixed as soon as possible. Overall it was a great experience.

Dear Bryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We have never had a home warranty before. Bought this home a year ago. Have had 4 different times when we needed to use our warranty. Landmark was there 100%. They have taken care of each claim quickly and efficiently. 4 different contractors, plumber, electrician, appliance and heating have been here. Each and everyone called and set up an appointment within a few hours. They took care of each claim and had our problems solved in timely manners. We were so impressed with Landmark's agents and contractors that we renewed our warranty. 5 stars to Landmark and to their contractors.

Dear Glenda,

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Right when I moved into the home we bought, our dryer broke. Landmark had a vendor come out and it was taken care of within the week. A week later the washer broke. Landmark again had a vendor come assess the problem. This time Landmark decided it was more cost effective to replace the washer. Within a week we had a new washer on our doorstep. It was quick and easy and they took care of our needs! Thank you!

Dear Amy,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner for your washer and dryer! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We recently had our microwave oven stop working for us. We called Landmark Home Warranty, who set up an appointment with a home repair company. They came to the house within 36 hours of calling LHW. They accessed the microwave, gave LHW the option of repairing the appliance or sending us a check for a replacement with similar features. In our case, due to the age of the appliance (14 years old), they decided to replace our microwave. We went out and purchased a new one within hours and had our repair serviceman install it for us for a small fee. LHW mailed us a check for the replacement microwave within 7 days and we couldn't be happier with their service. Better than we could have imagined.

Dear Mike,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 5-star service for your microwave. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: July 18, 2019

We had purchased our home on Feb. 27th. In April, is when the warranty started. Our AC unit had froze up and our heater was making a noise that sounded like it was going to explode. I called Landmark to have a technician come out and inspect the units. They had no contractors that would come out to our area, so I was advised to find our own. The only person who would call me back was 40 minutes away. They charged a $134 service fee just to do an inspection. They were not allowed to touch it until Landmark went through the report. I sent in our house inspection. Our AC was never tested during the inspection due to the temperature outside. It was stated on the inspection report. No listing was ever stated about the heater. So, I had the HVAC company come out to look at our units.

They found out that the AC motor was not the right motor and it was installed wrong when put in. This was a 99' AC unit. Our heater was found to have the wrong filters, a hole was on the unit allowing the air from the furnace to escape and one part was loose and I was told that it could leak carbon monoxide into our home. I paid the fee and sent in the report to Landmark. They called me and I had missed the call and they left me a voicemail stating that they could not cover any work due to the AC being installed wrong and this and that. It states in their clause that if it's a pre-existing condition, then they will not work on it. Nowhere on the inspection report did it state anything. So we bought a house where we had no idea the AC was installed wrong or that the heater would need work because the inspection did not include any of that and yet, Landmark declined it. So, I was out $120 dollars for the estimate.

My friend moved into her house and her AC went out and stopped working altogether. She called her home warranty, they came out, even though they (the home warranty company) had band-aided it before with the previous owners, they covered them for a brand new AC. I think I know who I'll use for a home warranty because Landmark is not it. We have another issue with our plumbing and I refuse to call them to pay someone to come out and them tell me, "Oops, sorry. We can't cover that because of this." I would advise anyone thinking of using them, to run and find a better home warranty. This was our first time ever having a home warranty and we have learned our lesson. Definitely will be switching our home warranty to who our friends have because they obviously care and abide by their own rules.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have been a Landmark customer for about 6 years. Up until recently I have been extremely happy with their service. Unfortunately something changed with this company over the last year and I can no longer rate Landmark well. First, our water heater failed about 2 months ago. LM sent out a contractor and after charging us the standard service call fee, LM charged us an additional $350 for the fixtures that were part of the water heater install. We were stunned but had no option but to pay. Then, a few weeks ago the drain to our washing machine backed up. The plumber came out to snake the drain. It has stopped up again.

Now LM says that there are no recalls on plumbing stoppages even if the work was not properly done by their contractor. LM says we have to pay another service fee. They referred to a provision in the Limits section of the contract: "Toilet tanks and bowls replaced with builders standard, when necessary. Limit one sewer stoppage clearing per sewer line or secondary waste line." I argued that this is not a sewer stoppage and that the drain was not cleared during the original work. LM is again refusing to honor the contract. LM's positions are a breach of the contract. I no longer can recommend LM.

Original review: July 12, 2019

WORST home warranty company EVER! I've had them come out 3 times for issues that were covered, paid their $70 fee and NOT ONCE have they fixed anything. It's never a "normal wear and tear" situation according to them. One contractor they sent out even destroyed my pool pump by leaving it running clogged and they did nothing about it. This time, we had a leak from our toilet, we tried to hand tighten the valve and when we did the entire pipe broke off not even where we had touched it. They claimed it was now not covered because we touched it! It's a scam to never cover anything. They will make every excuse NOT TO.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Landmark Home Warranty was far the best!! I love their customer service and the technician was so helpful. Found the problem right away and check everything to see if it up to par.. I just love this company!!

Original review: July 4, 2019

We called about 10 days ago and paid the service fee to have someone come look at our air conditioner. The tech said we had to many filters and it didn’t have the right amount of Freon. So I paid another $120 for that. It worked for about a week and stopped. Since they have already had 1 company come out, that is the only company who can come back. It will be next Tuesday before they will come. We are very disappointed in the way we are being treated by Landmark.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Within 2 weeks of moving into our home we had a dishwasher issue, a microwave that was brand new with the tags, book, and plastic still on it, break and had to be replaced. Those were done in 2 days. The A/C unit went out shortly after that and was repaired in a week due to parts being ordered. In all cases we were treated very well and as quickly as possible. Honestly in my opinion you wont find a better warranty or adjusters than Landmark Home Warranty. Robert

Original review: June 20, 2019

Home Warranty Contract states under Plumbing, Pressure Regulators are covered. When plumber arrives, Landmark denied claim because it was located outside attached to main waterline at garage. Well, every house I have ever lived in has the pressure regulator located outside on the incoming main waterline. Misleading advertising for sure. In Arizona and California that is where they are located.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I called 2 days ago, June 17th, to stop my service as I am selling my house July 2nd. There is no option for that on the phone, chose renewals, the person I spoke with said she would get the right person to contact me. So far, no response.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Fast and efficient. Service request was created timely. Highly recommend! Very satisfied! Customer service answered all questions regarding service request process. I had a clear understanding of the process, to include the timeline of the completion of the work order.

Dear Keitha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: June 12, 2019

Landmark has been excellent in responding to our home repair needs. Call them answer a few simple questions and before you know it a contractor is reaching out to you to set up an appointment for repairs. Makes our home purchase a lot less stressful.

Dear Gregg,

Original review: June 11, 2019

The plumber call me with in an hour and was out the next day or the next. It was fast and painless. Finding someone who wants to work is usually the hard part, Landmark solves that. I am happy and very satisfied.

Dear Merelynn,

Original review: June 11, 2019

Landmark provides good quality customer service and utilizes excellent contractors. The last two calls that I placed with them produced excellent results. I was so happy with Landmark that I renewed my warranty for another year. Their pricing is less than other home warranty companies that I researched, too.

Dear Julia,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Be careful when finding a home warranty company, as distance varies with coverage. We live 30 miles from a major city and getting help to have our issues dealt with, was a nightmare. We were without A/C last summer in 100°+ heat and couldn't get anyone to come out here. The warranty company needs to do a better job of screening the company's that say they will do work.

Dear Bill,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I see that your warranty has since expired. I would be happy to go over any coverage questions with you and explain them in detail. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have owned 4 different houses and had at least 4 different home warranties. Each one has been a challenge when it came to getting these fixed, getting the home warranty company to return my calls, follow-up, etc. UNTIL NOW. I am so surprised about how quickly I get a response from Landmark and how easy it has been. We bought a house with a pool in September 2018. Our pool pump, A/C and fridge have all had issues and they've been great. Never again will I use a different company!

Dear Angel,

Original review: June 11, 2019

Landmark is easy to work with and so far I have gotten mostly straight answers and immediate responses. They email and call you back and check up on the appointment and the service. Good job so far. Thank you Landmark. Thumbs up.

Dear Brandon,

Original review: June 11, 2019

Great customer service; everything was top notch. Quick response. Pipe 247 came out on timely manner and fix the issue within 30 mins. I didnt have an option to choose different model. However, they did replace it with same one.

Dear Sung,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: June 3, 2019

Refrigerator stopped working on 04.12, called Landmark, Cornerstone Appliance came out, had to order part, ok, understand that. 5 days later they came and fixed it, by the next morning it was out again, 3 days later they came back out, now they needed another part, have not heard from them since. Landmark has been full of empty promises about helping us and so far today they have told us they had the parts and would be out tomorrow, later they told us they had to order parts which would not be in until Saturday, meaning they won't come until Monday SIX WEEKS. No refrigerator, tossed at least $300 of food, have to shop every other day and by 2 or 3 bags of ice a day. I am 70, on a limited income and I need help, but certainly won't get it from Landmark.

Dear Diann,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I have been working with you via Facebook messenger and also with Gayle by phone. When I spoke with CornerStone yesterday, they had advised me of the callback time frame to schedule an appointment for you. They let me know that your parts had arrived, and they will be able to service you today. I apologize they did not reach out to you as promised. I do see that they were able to schedule you for today between 2-6. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: May 28, 2019

They do not care about their clients. Will use the cheapest contractors and draw out repairs as long as possible. Will try and find any loophole not to help. I will never use this company again and will urge anyone I speak with to avoid using them as a home warranty company.

Dear Kris,

I have been in communication with you via e-mail. I have let you know that we are actively working on getting a diagnosis from the contractor. Once we are able to receive this, we will reach out to you to let you know how we can move forward.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: May 17, 2019

If you are shopping for a home warranty, beware. Make sure you read the fine print. If your air conditioner or any appliance has any type of warranty, Landmark will not help you, even for the labor. Be aware that air conditioner warranty only cover parts and Landmark feels you are completely liable for the labor. If your air conditioner is old, the warranty will help pay for about half of the cost of the replacement but you will continue to pay the same monthly fee through Landmark and not get any more services for your air conditioner. I have talked with the manufacturer, Landmark and the installation company. None of them are able to help. I did not choose the manufacturer or the installation company, those were chosen by Landmark.

This unit is 1 and 1/2 years old and the evaporator coil has a leak. I was told it is a "lemon" which is why my unit has probably been freezing since installation. Out of all of Landmark's technicians who complete preseason tune-ups, it took a year-and-a-half to figure out the problem, enough time to void labor warranties through the installer. I have tried to resolve this issue in all ways I know possible as stated above. So buyer beware, Landmark has a lot of issues they will not cover. I have had same issues with dishwasher and refrigerator repair.

Dawn,

Thank you for providing us your feedback and review. We have been able to go over your concerns with you on this feedback already provided to us. We have already advised you in the feedback you have provided, Landmark is not able to cover for units that are covered by another warranty such as a manufacturer warranty. We will cover and offer coverage on units that are not covered elsewhere.

I would like to help in any way I can, you may reach out to me directly.

Cheyenne

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: May 11, 2019

Excellent customer service, professional contractors, quick response time, great affordability and follow up. Quick, courteous and efficient service. My water heater was replaced in under 2 hours with absolutely no problems.

Dear Edwin,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 30, 2019

I contacted Landmark Home Warranty about my leaky faucet two weeks ago. I am still unable to use my kitchen sink as there has been no resolution to this problem after all this time. I was finally given an option to accept a "cash" out in lieu of repair for $107. It should be noted that I paid $60 at the time of my initial call to Landmark so basically what they would be offering me is $47 to find another plumber that will find the correct faucet and repair my sink for me. I understand (now) that the faucet that Landmark will install is business quality ("low grade") and mine is a higher caliber. I don't believe that, having paid for a home warranty, I should have to worry about calling around and find craftsmen to do home repairs on my home - that's the reason for a home warranty - isn't it? I also expect the warranty repair company to do its due diligence to ensure that the proper parts are located and installed - not to push this work back on me.

One positive for this company: They do have a very personable, knowledgeable and courteous customer service staff answering their phones. Of course, the negative is that not one of them ever returned a call to me as they said they would (until today) even though I had called almost every single day asking for an update on my work.

Basically I just want what I believe to be fair. I paid for a home warranty. I expect the home warranty company to take care of the items covered under that warranty - that would include providing the labor and the parts to get the job done. I've had contracts with home warranty companies before and I've never had this type of issue. If you can't do the job, then cancel the warranty and return the money that was paid for this warranty and the $60 service fee and I will take care of my own repairs - otherwise I need my faucet fixed (and any future repairs that may be needed) in a timely manner (2 weeks is not timely). Leslie **. PS If Landmark's Customer Service Manager chooses to respond to this posting, it would probably be best if she does NOT use a "form" letter to do so. I find it hard to believe that someone is concerned about MY issue when they're re-using the same letter for everyone.

Dear Leslie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. When a replacement is needed with any covered system, the warranty will cover to replace your unit with one that is comparable in features, efficiency, and capacity, but not in brand, color, or dimensions. With a faucet replacement, the warranty guidelines do state that we will cover to replace your unit with a chrome builder’s standard faucet. We understand that our homeowners may not want the builder’s standard faucet, therefore, an alternative option may be offered. The $107.00 is Landmark’s cost for a chrome builder’s standard faucet. This includes parts and labor.

We are currently waiting for your decision on how to move forward. If you wish to continue with the cancellation of your warranty, please reach out to me directly.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 19, 2019

Two claims currently open. The first one was for my refrigerator. The icemaker is freezing and stop making ice. I open the claim, agent Insisted to pay deductible over phone. The contractor took over a week to contact me to set up an appointment. The guy show up in sweatpants. Took three photos and left. Visit lasted five minutes.

I had called about 10 times regarding this claim. The first time Landmark advises contractor was looking but not finding the part. Second call Landmark Advised That if the contractor will not be able to find that they will. For the following three weeks Landmark advised they were not able to contact the contractor and the issue was escalated to the contractor relation team. Same response for three weeks then I’ll start calling more often then somehow an agent was able to contact the contractor and After six weeks contractor advised that was a manufactured defect, and that is not cover. Took 6 weeks for them to find out this information, so no one was able to get in contact whit the contractor for 4 weeks but somehow after 6 weeks the resolution was manufacture defect.

I asked how was this verified and I was told they have to take whatever the contractor say, then I contact the manufacture of my refrigerator Samsung and they advised that was not true. Manufacture defects were for units build in 2016 and mine was in 2013. Contact Landmark again and manager requested something in writing from Samsung. Samsung returned an email to the claim department and to myself advising that was no defect in my unit and still no resolution.

Anytime I call and asked for a supervisor they take 30 minutes to take the call. They are in a bad mood, act as they doing me a favor for taking the call and want to hung up right away. No one takes ownership but there’s no resolution and contradictions. Often one verified the email from Samsung was received another manager a week later advice they did not. I was cc on it so I’m sure they did, Mystical open claim is for a ceiling fan, contractor did first visit, determine needed to be replaced, It took a week for Landmark to make a resolution, an agent call me and advice the diagnose from contractor and was very insisted in me taking a cash offer for $95.

Contractor that they sent charge $80 min for 1st hr, and advice a similar fan was about $125. Somehow the agent wanted me to find a fan for $15 after the installation fee. I declined the offer and still not resolution or have been contact by contractor. This service is suppose to give you peace of mind and savings but you end up stressing out more and spend more paying monthly fee and deductibles.

Dear Jose,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experiences with your service requests. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My husband I recently purchased a home. In our home sale, the sellers purchased us the Complete warranty. We did complete an inspection on the home. Upon moving in, the gas oven range stopped working on one burner and the ice maker in the refrigerator also stopped working a few weeks after. We paid $120 for Landmark to come out and diagnose the issues. The technician apparently noted the issues, even noted the replacement parts, and sent these back to Landmark for review. We received a call that these were pre-existing conditions and that they were not working when we moved in.

In Landmark's contract, it says that if you had an inspection note that these were in working condition within 60 days of your move, then they would cover it. Wrong! Our inspector noted that everything was in working condition. We sent the inspection report in and we are still fighting this with Landmark. They do not want to cover the oven range because the technician noted that the child safety brackets weren't secure. This is completely irrelevant! Our burner doesn't light. Also, they don't want to fix the refrigerator because the inspector didn't fully inspect the coils behind the refrigerator. He did check to make sure everything on the refrigerator was working, including the ice machine! This company will fight you tooth and nail and will try every excuse to not cover your claims. What a useless company and warranty program!

Dear Whitney,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your refrigerator. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Need more available contracted technical support. Seems to be only one option for repairs. Technicians seem to be inexperienced and focus on jobs in which a greater mileage expenses report could be generated. Had three recent work reports issued. One plumbing job took six weeks, part needed for shower valve. Water heater replaced, two weeks. No lack of concern for no water issue. Third job, rekey rental house, went to the wrong house. Money refunded for service. Recommend different home warranty company.

Dear Korey,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: April 8, 2019

Representatives were more than accommodating and helped us get plumbing services within a day, encouraging us to take care of other less emergent issues at the same time. Landmark well exceeded our expectations and we will definitely recommend to our friends.

Dear Jeffrey,

Landmark Home Warranty coverage exclusion

A coverage exclusion applies to components of covered systems and appliances that are not covered, or “excluded,” from coverage. For example, while microwaves are covered, certain parts that do not affect the operation of the items core function (to heat and cook food) are not covered. These items include lights, racks, rollers, shelves, knobs, clocks and a few other items. You can find a full list of exclusions on Landmark’s home warranty plan page by clicking on each item.

Landmark Home Warranty coverage limits

Landmark does provide a per-item coverage limit for certain covered items. This is the maximum Landmark Home Warranty will pay out for the item. You’ll be responsible for paying out of pocket for any cost to repair or replace the item beyond the provided dollar amount.

ItemLandmark’s coverage limit
      Plumbing system$800–$1,000
      Refrigerant$20 per pound
      Subterranean termite treatment$700
      Washer/dryer$2,000 (combined)

In addition to these items, Landmark sets a $250 per occurrence limit for any usage of no fault coverage and a $100 per occurrence limit to haul away old equipment.

Should a technician have to break through walls, ceilings or floors to during a repair, Landmark will provide a cash payout to fix the damage to drywall in the amount of $40 for anything under 5 square feet and $65 for 5–10 square feet.

Landmark Home Warranty claims

You can submit a claim to request service from Landmark Home Warranty 24/7 either online or through their toll-free phone number. The process for submitting the claim and receiving service is pretty straightforward. To request service from Landmark Home Warranty:

1. Submit a claim online or over the phone as soon as an issue is discovered.
      2. Landmark will assign an independent contractor to your case.
      3. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive confirmation for your service appointment.
      4. Upon arrival, pay the service provider your Landmark service call fee.
      5. The technician will repair or replace the malfunctioning item.

Landmark guarantees their technicians’ work for 30 days. If the issue occurs again within that time frame, another technician will be sent out to fix the repair at no extra cost.

In the event that your repair requires emergency service, Landmark will try to expedite the service within 24 hours when reasonably possible. An example of a qualifying emergency might be a plumbing issue that has led to flooding or complete loss of heat or A/C in dangerous temperatures.

Landmark Home Warranty FAQ

Does Landmark Home Warranty require a home inspection?

A home inspection is not required to receive home warranty service from Landmark. However, an existing home warranty may be used to determine if an item failure is due to a pre-existing condition or not. For example, if at the time of purchasing your house the inspector recommended you replace your A/C system and you did not, your home warranty likely won’t pay to replace it when it fails because they consider it a known pre-existing condition.

How do I cancel Landmark Home Warranty?

Landmark Home Warranty provides free cancellation if made within 30 days. After that period, a $75 cancellation fee may apply.

Is Landmark Home Warranty worth it?

Landmark Home Warranty offers standard coverage to protect your major household systems and appliances. What we like about Landmark Home Warranty is the extra services they provide as part of their standard contracts. Seeing services like pest control and termite treatment alongside home warranty protection is not common and adds a lot of value to Landmark’s offering. Providing system tune-ups can help lengthen the life of your covered items, making it a win/win for both you and Landmark. Again, these tune-ups services are not common in the home warranty industry, and we find that addition to the contract another major added benefit.

Their pricing is straightforward and up-front, from what each plan covers and excludes to exactly how much you’ll pay for add-on coverage. We like the transparency, coverage options, fair pricing and extra services provided by Landmark and believe this makes their product worth it to homeowners.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information