2.85/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Landmark Home Warranty

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price. Current Special: order a $450 warranty and get washer & dryer coverage for free!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

1239 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have had Landmark for a year and a half. I paid for coverage again this year mostly for protection by having a boiler unit in my house. I have called several times and they covered service calls and basic plumbing. Most of the time things weren't covered and I wasted the 60 service call fee. The only thing that was covered for my yearly fee and all those 60 declines was the water heater and I had to still pay more than they did to bring it up to code. I called with a boiler problem and found out that they randomly dropped the boiler after I paid my yearly fee for this year and didn't tell me. I had to pay over 500 to get my system up and running this fall. I had to buy a new washer even though it was flooding my basement and I paid extra for the appliance coverage.

LeNae,

I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service that has been provided. I've looked through your contract and your claims. I see that on three claims Landmark was able to assist, and one claim that had no failure found. I know it is always frustrating to have something not covered by your home warranty. When your coverage was renewed it automatically went to our new contract. The previous contract that you had last year is no longer valid. None of our contracts cover for the boiler system. I am sorry about this.

Please let me know if there is something additional I can assist with.

Customer Relations Manager

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We have had multiple problems with our AC unit over the past 2 years and every work order ends up being a battle to get the repair done. Could not possibly type every detail of our last issue but in a nutshell the most recent problem left us without AC for about 4 out of a 6 week period, in Texas when we were in the high '90s and triple digits, and first tried to tell me that it's normal for Freon to leak out of systems and it not be due to a leak - wrong. Told me I needed a r410a Freon conversion kit that was not need as my unit was already r410a. Next they said I was required to replace all the copper piping in my home for an ungodly amount of money that was not needed according to the leak check they made me run - ended up not having to after I pointed that out to them.

Could not get a hold of their vendor for multiple days. Made tons of excuses for why no one seemed to ever be on the same page EVER. When they finally did approve the replacement of the outdoor unit (after making us jump through a 100 hoops) didn't order the unit like they told me they did on the phone that ended up causing us to be another week without AC. After install they said they had installed a friction pad under the unit instead of securing it to the pad. They had not and it took another week to get that installed. I easily spend 80-100 hours on the phone for this one issue. After the install and some other problems they told me that if their contractor had installed it incorrectly that they would not cover it due to a clause in the contract - yes THEIR VENDOR!!! Do yourself a favor and just go with anyone else.

Ashley,

I see that you are frustrated with your HVAC claim, though I am glad the unit has been replaced. It appears that there was miscommunication among all of us, LHW, the contractor and yourself. In these types of situations I like to understand the complaint and review all of the information provided. I have completed a review of this service request and I see where Landmark can improve. I will pass this information along. I appreciate your feedback in regards to this matter. Our homeowners are the best catalyst for change.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I will be reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau. Absolute worst company I have ever dealt with, poor customer service, and so unprofessional. Called two weeks ago about our tankless water heater going out, two weeks later and the problem is still not resolved. They sent a plumber out that didn't even know we had a tankless water heater and he told me he had no knowledge of how to fix them. He said we would probably just need to replace the whole thing.

When following up with Landmark, after a few days, since they have the worst communication, they said they are waiting for the part that needs to be replaced from the plumber, obviously the plumber isn't going to know that since he didn't even open it up, because he didn't know how to. A week went by and they are now sending out the same plumber in a few days.

Called last night because we now have dirt coming out of our faucets, according to Landmark that is not an emergency because we still have water. Even though I'm pregnant and that is extremely harmful. They said we would still have to wait for our scheduled plumber in the next few days. When asking to talk to a supervisor, their staff always replies, "Sure, but they will say the same thing to you." Can't even begin with how unprofessional these people are. So here we are going on three weeks and still no hot water. This company is a complete fraud that steals your money, and does not help with anything.

Brittany,

Thank you for providing this feedback. I see that an install appointment was supposed to be scheduled on 10/19. Did that install happen? I know there were a few hiccups in this service request. I want to be sure that your issue has been taken care of.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Turn around time to repair stove was 2 weeks. Attempted to switch contractors and time frame was about the same. Larger network required for items like this. When I called to change contractors it took 2 days to get a response that there was no other solution.

James,

I am sorry that the repair took an extended amount of time. Landmark tries to make repairs within 7 days to prevent putting our homeowners in difficult situations. Our contractors are independent and therefore Landmark has little influence as to when they can clear their schedule. Landmark is constantly working to grow our contractor base and will continue to work on this. Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate all opportunities that are presented where we can improve our homeowner's experience.

cparke@landmarkkw.com

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Sprung a leak in my 50 Gallon water heater. Repairman came and checked it out and decided we needed a new one. It was not repairable. Within a week we had a brand new water heater. Can't beat that kind of service. Would recommend Landmark Home Warranty to anyone who owns a home.

Ronald,

I am so glad your water heater has been replaced and your family is back to hot showers! We know that when a water heater goes out, it effects more than just hot showers, but also dishes and laundry. We always work to provide service that our homeowners can be excited about. We will continue to improve where we can. Let us know if we can do anything additional for you.

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

They are very difficult to work with. We will not be renewing any of the coverage we have with Landmark. We will be switching coverage to another company as soon as our warranty expires. Their coverage is not very good. We are very unhappy with their customer service!

Amanda,

I am really sorry you haven't had a positive experience with Landmark. Home Warranty. We do our best to take care of each of our homeowners. If you have specific experience with service concerns, please let me know. I would like to work towards improving processes, so that we can better assist our homeowners.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Here is a timeline of events with SWAT Plumbing. 9/1/2017 Called in and reported to Landmark Home Warranty that my water heater was overheating. Paid $70.00 for SWAT Plumbing to make a service call to my home. 9/5/2017 Chris with SWAT Plumbing inspects my water heater and recommends installing a new 40 gallon water heater. 9/12/17 thru 9/26/2017 Every day SWAT Plumbing calls me late in the evening (usually around 7pm to 8pm) saying they will be out between 11am to 3 pm. I tell them I am the owner of a Architectural firm in Dallas, Texas and that I can only meet between 8 to 11 am. After nearly 2 weeks they accommodate me and Journeyman plumber Johnathan and his helper Eli arrive at 10:30 am.

1st thing after arriving Johnathan says that Chris the original plumber who inspected my water heater messed up and that he and Eli needed an additional $350.00 for a item and task that they could not identify that was not originally on the SWAT's description of worksheet. Johnathan went on to say if I did not agree to the additional monies that they were just going to drive off and he suggested that I call his office to reschedule the installation of the new water heater. I then told Johnathan that I would accept the add if it was $100.00. That you should have told me before you came out that you were going to hit me up with an add and Johnathan said... "OK I'll do it for $250.00." I agreed under protest.

Please note when it came up to pay the additional add of $250.00, it was not demanded by Johnathan at SWAT Plumbing. So I am still not sure why Johnathan was trying to get an add $350.00 on the installation of the water heater. MONICA... WILL YOU PLEASE INVESTIGATE THIS... This should have never happened. If there was an add to the job, the office staff at SWAT Plumbing should have called me and you to tell us about a add before they came out. You never have a Journeyman Plumber come out on a job site demanding money like Johnathan did. He either does not know office procedure or he was trying to get some money so he could Line his own pocket. This is highly Irregular on any job site in the 45 years I have been practicing Architecture and is a sign of crooked business practices.

Johnathan and Eli start to unload the water heater, do some measurements and tell me that Chris messed up and ordered the wrong water heater. That the new water heater was a larger diameter than what was there originally and would not fit in the space provided. I asked him why did you not give me and/or Landmark Home Warranty a cut sheet, that would have shown the dimensions of the water heater and he said that they could come out another time with another water heater. I told them I would remove the obstruction and with the help of the helper Eli we removed the obstruction and made a space for Johnathan to install the water heater.

Johnathan installs the water heater and drills one hole for the pan to drain to the exterior. Please note this water heater that was replaced was over 22 years old. Back when it was installed the plumbing code stated that a drain pan was not required. Since then plumbing code has changed and it is now required that a drain must be installed to the exterior with a downward pipe emptying onto the ground outside. I ask Johnathan how far off the ground should this pipe be located and he says one inch off the Ground.

Please note that when the Dallas Plumbing Inspector came out to do his inspection, he red tagged Johnathan's work and said it is International code that requires the pipe from the drain pan to be between 6 to 24 inches above the ground. This is not a local code but International code that is used around the world. Any Plumber should know international code before he goes out on any job. But SWAT Plumbing did not send a Plumber, they sent a Journeyman Plumber.

In Addition the Plumbing Inspector says. Where is the T&P (Temperature and Pressure) pipe that should be penetrating the wall? We investigate the T&P Pipe and find out that Johnathan had the pipe going through the inside gypsum board, but not penetrating the exterior siding and emptying water inside of the wall cavity. The Plumbing Inspector laughs and shakes his head and writes up the 2 items and red tags the installation.

10/2/2017 Fail Plumbing Inspection with City of Dallas Plumbing Inspector Micheal **. Michael says that he will write them an email in 30 minutes about the failed Test. 10/4/2017 I call SWAT Plumbing and speak with Kim in scheduling and she says that they will have scheduled the appointment to come out the next day between 8 to 11am. 10/5/2017 I call Kim in Scheduling at 11:15am to find out where they are and Kim says "It was scheduled to come out on the 5th but a technician was not assigned to your job and we are very sorry, but we can come out tomorrow." I say ok and Kim schedules Johnathan and Eli to come out between 8 to 11 am.

10/6/2017 Johnathan calls at 10:30 am and says they are at the office/shop in Benbrook Texas (That is 57 miles away from my house in far southwest Fort Worth and I am in East Dallas) and it will take them an hour to get here. Johnathan and Eli arrive at 11:45 am. I show them the pipe that has to be cut to 6 to 24 inches off the ground and Eli cuts the pipe to international code. Johnathan then investigates the T&P Pipe that he should have double checked when he did the original installation and said he thought that the pipe went outside. I asked him why did you not check it during the original installation and he said that he thought the pipe went outside. I asked him why did he not inspect his own work and he said that he thought the pipe went outside. Johnathan then says that he does not have a drill to drill through the wall, that tools were stolen out of his truck last week and he asked if I had a drill.

I lent him my drill but for some reason Johnathan could not get it to work. He said that he had to go to buy a new drill and was gone for nearly an hour. Johnathan and Eli arrive back with a new drill but the drills battery has to charge for a half hour before they can get it to work. As soon as the battery is charged up then Johnathan tries to drill the hole and is having the same difficulty in drilling the hole and has to recharge that battery again. It then dawns on him to reverse the drills direction and he was able to drill through the wall. What happened was Johnathan had the drill in reverse and not going forward into the wall. As soon as he had the drill in the forward direction he was able to penetrate the wall and installed the T&P Pipe outside the exterior wall.

Johathan then says to me that he will call in the plumbing inspection for Tuesday 10/10/2017 since Monday is Columbus day a National Holiday. So I carve out another day to be here for the Dallas Plumbing Inspector. 10/10/2017 I call City of Dallas Plumbing Inspector Micheal **. Michael says that SWAT Plumbing never called in for Inspection and that they need to call in for inspection with the correct permit number to reschedule inspection. So I wasted another half day on SWAT Plumbing to follow through with what they say they will do. I call Swat Plumbing and get Kim and Scheduling and she says she does not call in inspections that I need to speak with Kim the office manager. Kim takes down my number and says the office manager Kim is not in yet, but she will return my call.

I waited for an hour and 15 minutes and I called Back to speak with Kim and she says that she is very sorry that the inspection was not called in that she will call it in. I asked her what was her procedures to call in for inspection and she said that that was none of my business, that they had procedures in SWAT Plumbing but my inspection was not called in. I asked her again who suppose to call in for inspection? Was it Johnathan's responsibility and she said it was none of my business. I then asked her why did she have the office/shop in Fort Worth do this Job and did they have a office/shop in Dallas and she said, "Sir we serve over 80 cities and towns." I asked her why did Johnathan show up to the appointment without the proper tools to do the job and she said that his tools were stolen out of his truck last week and that he had to buy the tools as he needed them.

I said I feel like I am dealing with the Keystone Cops and she said that that was an insult and I asked her again if she has a Dallas office/shop and she said that she was ending this conversation and hung up on me. Monica... As we spoke on 10/5/2017 about Landmark assigning work crews to investigate and do the repair work. Please hire someone local. Having a Company that is 57 miles away to service is a client in an urban area with traffic is way too far away. SWAT Plumbing could not do this job properly and instead of having a certified plumber do the job, they sent a Journeyman plumber without the proper tools and knowledge of the basics of the International Plumbing Code to do the job.

Adding up my time that I have wasted in dealing with SWAT Plumbing is 26.5 hours at $150.00 a hour equals $3,975.00. How can I be compensated for the mess ups of SWAT Plumbing. The Ordeal is still not over. I still have to spend a half day waiting for City of Dallas Plumbing Inspector Micheal ** to come out to see if SWAT Plumbing did the job properly. Thanks for your help.

Robert,

I appreciate you providing this time line. I have sent this to our contractor relations department. We are very understanding of your circumstances. I know that you were let down by the process. Our contractor relations team has reported that the city of Dallas passed your water heater after the adjustments were made to the initial install. Should you wish for a copy of that report, please contact the city for the inspection report. Because of the inconvenience, I have refunded your service call fee back to the original form of payment.

Thank you for providing this feedback. It will prove to be a training opportunity for all involved.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

When we came to the company with problems, we were unable to get anything covered because we were being proactive. We were told that they had to be in mechanical failure for them to pay to replace what we had. We ended up having to pay for a new refrigerator and a new heater and ac because of this. We were being unhappy.

Pamela,

I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with the service provided. Landmark does our best to assist every homeowner in a timely manner with all covered systems and appliances. I see we repaired your fridge in June, and we could not get a time that worked with your schedule to repair your HVAC unit and the claim was cancelled. I hope you were successful in obtaining a contractor that could work with your schedule. As of today, your contract is expired. We are sorry to see you go. Please let us know if we can assist in any way further.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Our Dishwasher had a problem and was not draining water completely and separately there was a clog in the kitchen sink. Both jobs were quickly attended to and very well done. This is my second year with Landmark and would highly recommend it.

Landmark Home Warranty response
    Thank you so much for this feedback. I am so glad that your kitchen is back up and functioning. We value each of our homeowners, and it brings us all joy when we can help our homeowners out. Don't hesitate to reach out to us should you need anything.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Landmark was offered when we bought our new house and I have re-signed with them because I liked it the first time. I submit claims both over the phone and online and it's easy. Their reps were professional and treat me good. Also, the tech who last came was great and very knowledgeable. Having Landmark is convenient.

J B,

Thank you for this review. Our goal is to make the feared appliance and major system break downs, a breeze. And while we understand that those systems breaking are always a worry, we hope that Landmark is your first call. We like to help and we want to be there for all of our homeowners. Let us know if we can do anything further for you.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Opened a service request for washing machine repair on 7/29/2017 and it is still open. Two contractors were sent and they made 7 or 8 visits and said it cannot be repaired, and the claims manager doesn't answer my calls! Horrible experience!

Ravi,

I am so sorry for the delay in service. I am working with the claims manager to expedite this claim. You will have an email from him directly.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I am very very unhappy with Landmark. As soon as I can I am switching warranty companies or not dealing with any warranty companies at all after dealing with them. The repairman came out and informed me that there was a part that was going out on my refrigerator that's why it was running hot. It took three days for Landmark to get the repairman out to my house to inform me that they were not going to fix or repair its part until it goes completely out. It took 3 days before they even sent anyone to my house so when that part does go completely out are they going to also replace all the food that will go bad. So now we have to keep the refrigerator turned all the way up in order to keep the food cold so now we have food that becomes frozen at the very top of the refrigerator and food that stays somewhat cold towards the bottom of the refrigerator.

I sent several emails in regards to the situation and no one bothered to even return my emails. They could care less about the spoilage of my food. But they took my money. The next big issue I have with Landmark is I have made between three and four reports on my dishwasher, I paid $70 every time they came out. Two different times I was told to clean it. For $70 the company should have cleaned it. I could have cleaned up myself without having to drop $70 but I didn't know that it needed to be clean because it was spitting out black stuff and soap granules all over my dishes. I continue to have problems with the dishwasher then finally the dishwasher leaked all over my kitchen floor. It cost over $7,000 in damages.

Now my kitchen is destroyed. It has to be pretty much torn out and rebuilt from all the water damage. Landmark still refuses to replace the dishwasher. They want me to pay another $70 for repairman to come out and fix it. My insurance company is refusing to allow me to keep it because of all the damage Landmark is refusing to do anything unless I pay another $70. So on top of pan a monthly service fee for this warranty company and pan $70 at least four different times for this dishwasher I have to replace it out of pocket.

I have an asthmatic child and a 17 month old in my house with holes drilled all through my cabinets to get rid of water for 4 days but yet this company still wants to come and repair it when they did nothing for me. The first time I started complaining about this dishwasher I was told to clean it. They will be reported to the Better Business Bureau. And I still have not had any phone calls from a supervisor or anything after my case has been reviewed and reviewed and reviewed several times. They should be embarrassed and ashamed.

Shellia,

I am sorry that your service request did not go as planned. I know it can be frustrated when these issues happen. Landmark is held to strict standards via state regulation. We must operate within the warranty terms. Our warranty state it must be in failure in order for Landmark to resolve the issue. Please let us know when the unit has failed, and we would be happy to assist.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have had to use my warranty 3 times in the past 12 months. The local contractors you use for plumbing and heating/air are the best. I am very glad we got the warranty when we bought our home. We just renewed for a new year.

Cliff,

Thank you for this review of your service. Landmark always tries to provide service that would keep our homeowners happy, and in your situation it looks like we are doing just that. Should you need anything, please let me know.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The home warranty policy has been a great thing to have. Since I purchased my home in January, I have had great service and response time from this company. All the service companies have been courteous, efficient and good to work with. When one did not return my call the person at Landmark helped me get another contact.

Gloria,

We are so glad that we have been able to assist you through your home ownership. We know that this is often one of the biggest investments a person makes, and we want to be there to assist in any way possible. Thank you for being part of the Landmark Family. Should you need anything, please let us know.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I found the service given to me by Landmark less than satisfactory as well as the vendor they sent out to service the air conditioner. In fact, very dissatisfied. When I called to have someone come out to check on the AC, I purchased a pre-season check. Two weeks after the system was pronounced all clear, it froze up at night. I called a private vendor who immediately saw that the drainage pipe was clogged. Two weeks later, I had to replace the entire system because the compressor was dead. I didn't want a partial repair that would get me a couple more years, which is what the vague answers offered by your representative implied I would get, so I had to foot the bill for an entirely new system. The first experience taught me that I could not trust you with the second experience. I can not recommend your warranty service.

Mary,

I apologize that the contractor did not catch that your AC was clogged. While the contractor was there, nothing appeared to be freezing over. There is always an opportunity for a difference of opinions between contractors. While I understand that you were frustrated, I want to assure you that Landmark will always repair over replace, however if the contractors opinion is that it must be replaced, or it is more cost effective for both parties we do look into replacing the unit. While this is not a guarantee that the unit would have been replaced, hopefully it clears some of your questions. Should you have further questions or concerns, please let me know.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I ordered three renewal warranties for a client. Unfortunately, I was not able to renew them online as they aren't attached to my business account (this was supposed to have been fixed). I cannot renew my warranty either as it's also not on my business account.

Roxanne,

Can I help? I can have a renewal specialist give you a call directly. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Candace Park

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I purchased a home warranty from Landmark and soon after moving in my hot water heater stopped working. Originally LHW sent out a contractor to repair it which was approved. I still didn't have a hot water when I returned and now LHW contractor is saying the unit needs to be replaced. I then get a call from LHW 4 days after my initial call indicating I need to provide my home inspection to them and then I have to wait until they decide what to do with my claim!

1st I don't like the assumption that I'm providing false information. 2nd this requirement of providing a copy of my home inspection report was never mentioned in my initial call! 3rd this is THEIR contractor which they approved! This has now been 5 days and I still do not have hot water or any response from LHW outside of a bunch of bureaucratic red tape to delay a claim that is obviously covered in THEIR contract! At this point I'm a week into my new home and my warranty and I cannot recommend LHW to anyone given the service issues and constant delays I have received by LHW. The customer service reps were nice and accommodating but are given no power to make any decisions with dissatisfied customers.

Richard,

I see that your service request was opened September 30th. Landmark does not cover for units under manufacturer's warranty, though we will cover for labor. I see that on the 5th we paid the contractor for the labor and the ticket was closed, as that is all we can do. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service provided. Please let me know if there is anything additional I can assist with.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Work done to our satisfaction. Plumber had to wait for special parts. Timely considering a 2 week wait for new parts to be shipped from manufacturer. Great customer service, great follow up. Would suggest leaving an extension number when calling to check up.

Randy Furniss,

Thank you for this feedback. We love when our homeowners are happy, and more than that we love when we can help them to that point. Your plumbing needs are important to Landmark and we are happy to help in any way that we can. I certainly am sorry about the extended wait! Let us know if there is anything additional we can assist with.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I'm not sure whether to go after Landmark or the plumber or both; I suspect both, since they point fingers at each other. Bottom line: be sure you understand full timing of your repair; just because a contractor is coming does NOT mean your repair is about to happen. It may be worth your time and money to go elsewhere. So don't accept any delays. If you aren't offered appointments next day, scream loudly. I was much too forgiving and easy going at first and the result would have been 6 days with a leaking water heater and trying to keep water from doing damage in my garage. And on bigger repairs, such as this, it will take at least two visits, most likely at least two days apart. By the time I figured this out, it was too late to do much about it. Had I realized this at the beginning, I could have chosen to accept it or hired someone else, at my expense of course. Buyer beware!

Becky,
    Landmark appreciates your feedback. We are constantly working to improve our services to all homeowners. Generally, we do not cover for lack of maintenance, mismatched systems, or access though I would be happy to review the details of your claim in hopes of an amicable resolution. Please contact me directly with your property address via email and I will get back with you soon with my findings

Resolution response: Oct. 18, 2017

Since my initial review, the matter has been addressed and while the appliance was damaged beyond repair by the contractor...Landmark did make it right with us.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Worst customer service! I am so disappointed in how they treat the customer. Additionally, they do not contract with reputable contractors at all. Do NOT waste your time or money with this company. And if you call them, the answer is to put you on hold for thirty (or more minutes).

Kathleen,

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My wife works for a realtor who has has several rental homes and uses Landmark Home Warranty. She recommended the company. I submit claims online and their site is very user-friendly. I don't have any issues with it at all. I had phone conversations with the techs and they had all been pleasant. They kept me updated with what was going on. The only thing we had an issue with was one time, we had an air conditioning problem that dragged on for about three weeks. We had tenants living here at the time and we got shuffled three different times. Then the service wasn't covered on the warranty and they were asking $700. So, we just went back to the company we were using that time and they called somebody out who knew how to fix things for $200 which was a huge discount.

Chris,

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We are now in a month long process of a denial on an AC claim that both professional contractors have told us should be covered by our home warranty. They claim the issue was preexisting and the both companies have said that the issue is not. We have not had to replace the AC on our own dime and are pursuing reimbursement.

Sam,

I am sorry you were not happy with the denial. I see that you have had the work done outside of the warranty. We are glad that your upstairs unit is working to you expectations. Unfortunately with the information provided by both you and the licensed and bonded contractor assigned to you by Landmark this will remain denied per the contract terms. Should you choose to continue with legal action we understand. Landmark remains within the warranty terms.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Home Warranty was required with purchase of Home that was built in 2005. Moved in in December, turned on Air Conditioning, in June was blowing hot air. Called warranty company to see what was wrong. Technician said only R22 refrigerant was low. Recharged system and only cooled house somewhat. Had separate technician come out and said that Leaking Coil could not be repaired and Compressor would need to be replaced. Called home Warranty. Company said that they had already fixed problem. This Company is a sham and does not replace broken or parts. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF. P.S. They rarely answer their phone. I had to call 5 times to finally catch someone.

Cameron,

The contract with your email address, expired in 2014. I am sorry that your experience was less than expected. If you have an active contract with Landmark and would like me to review the claim, please contact me directly.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We have been with Landmark for numerous years now. The reason we got a home warranty was for coverage of our air conditioner, though over the years we have used it for other parts of our house. Sometimes it is been hit or miss. We have had them out multiple times to have our AC fixed, but last week the AC was considered not repairable.

Going in, I was realistic and knew that the AC would never be covered at 100%. We have two ACS, one upstairs and one downstairs. This was our upstairs AC. The one that need to replace was are outside unit for the upstairs AC. Our out-of-pocket was $735. What they covered was more than $3,000. I definitely consider it worth having the warranty. The company that came out has been one of the company's before use for repairs and they were extremely professional. I can't complain one bit about this experience! I'm not going to say every experience has been perfect with them, but I am glad I have the warranty and I will continue to keep a warranty with them!

Wendy,

We are glad that you have been satisfied with the service provided. Having your AC go out is never an easy event to deal with. Thank you for allowing Landmark to assist you with this. Should you need anything please let us know. We are happy to help.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My realtor had purchased a Landmark Home Warranty for me when I bought the house. I’ve been with them for a year but I didn’t renew. My air conditioning had been out almost three times this summer and they fixed some things but it's not been any better. So, I just bought a whole new system and started somewhere else. Another reason I switched was that when I was going to renew, there was a set price. But all of a sudden, if I wanted the refrigerator, washer and dryer, or heater covered, that would be a $10 there. It was cheaper to go somewhere else.

But their reps were always friendly and courteous. It was also easy to file a claim with them — I'd talk to somebody and their reps would give me a number. They’d say, "They'll call you." The bad part was everything went out on Saturday this summer and I couldn’t ever get anybody out until the following week. I lived in Arizona and when my air conditioning went out, there's somebody out there as soon as they could. The techs who came out were always excellent though. They had arrived within that window they gave me and they cleaned up after completing their work.

Gary,

We are glad that your home warranty needs are being met in one way or another. Should you ever choose to come back we would be happy to assist. We always want to take care of our homeowners in every way that we can. Should you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I just learned that pest control is something that is included in my home warranty and had those pesky creepy crawlers taken care of before it got too cold. There was a miscommunication with the service provider initially (they didn't get my phone number to call and set up an appointment) but Tyler at Landmark was excellent at following up and making sure I was taken care of 100%! I love this company and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a home warranty company.

Maya,

Tyler will be so excited to hear that you were happy with his level of service. Hopefully those pesky pests stay out during these cold months that are coming. Let us know if there is anything additional we can do for you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I've had my home warranty with Landmark for less than a month. When I suddenly had trouble with my garage door opener, I was contacted right away by the contracted service company and had an appointment within 24 hours. Exceptional service!

Liz!

Thank you for this review of your service! We are happy that your garage door claim went well. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

On August 2 my air conditioner was iced up and not making cold air so I called Landmark, gave them 70 bucks and they sent a guy who was nice and who came promptly and said that I’m low on freon, 7pounds. I wrote him a check for 385 bucks. At the end of August, right before Labor Day, the air conditioner quit working again. Nobody was going to be at the home warranty company because it was Labor Day so I just stuck a window unit in the house and called them after the holidays. I wasn't thinking about the 30-day policy because I was busy. The first day after the holiday I called Landmark and they said that it will be $70. I said no because it's the same unit and the problem didn't get fixed the first time.

Their rep then said that I passed 30 days and that's the rule. It didn't matter what my reasons were and I got to pay again. So I paid 70 bucks but they sent out the same company. The guy that came out also thought that this was ridiculous. I'm now three pounds low on Freon. He found a little leak and I saw him fix that. I bought another $160 worth of Freon. I have paid for Freon twice for the same unit.

I should never have had to pay because the problem didn't get solved the first time. Who knows if it's going to last. I wasn't too happy about that. I'm a real estate agent who sold $5 million worth of property this year and I refer lots of people to home warranty companies so I'm good for business. But how can I refer clients to Landmark if this is not a good experience. I'm waiting for somebody to impress me. If I have a success story I will tell a success story. But right now it's not an attaboy. Right now it's an "Oh, crap.” It's all about solving problems. That's what runs my business and that's what I expect on everybody.

Bill,

I am sorry for the unfortunate experience. Landmark is open 24/7 to open claims. Additionally, you can do this online through your portal. Landmark did try and open this as a recall for you, however we were advised that because it could be a new issue we would need to open it as a new request. I apologize that we have not been able to meet your expectations. Our contract terms are clear. Should you have further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The process was a little different than what I had anticipated but it was very easy to call Landmark Home Warranty. The claims representative was very good. I told them what was wrong and that I wanted someone to come out. They contacted someone else who, in turn, called me to set up an appointment. It was a longer period of time because they complained it was so far to come to my house and that they would be here in a couple of weeks. The people that came out were extremely nice and helpful and went through absolutely everything with me.

Charlene,

Your review of Landmark Home Warranty is most appreciated. I am hopeful that we can continue to provide service worthy of your 5 star rating. Lanmdark seeks to provide service that would be considered remarkable and will continue to strive for this. Should you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I submitted my repair request LITERALLY stating: "Water is flooding out underneath pool heater or a pipe close to." Upon inspection repair contractor said heater needs to be replaced. LM Representative told me a new claim must be opened as my request "wasn't specific" enough. The representative was incredibly rude and condescending. I will be communicating to upper management Monday morning.

Heather,

I see that the manager spoke to you and it ended in a positive outcome. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information