Call toll free
2.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price. Current Special: order a $450 warranty and get washer & dryer coverage for free!

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1509 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We have used our home warranty option twice from Landmark Home Warranty and both times the company was responsive and a technician called us within a few hours of the request. The companies that they use are very good. They show up on time and are friendly and professional.

Dear Justin,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I am still upset that I was told that this was not a covered repair and then I am told that it is and had to have a plumber return to do the repairs and then have to pay another service fee. The plumber did a great job.

Dear Virginia,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your service request. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Great replacement work by the contractor. Very professional work. Fast, easy and painless when working with the contractor. It did take over a week to get the approval to replace the opener but other than that I still have to give five stars!

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

This ticket has been open for weeks. The vendor, Maple Leaf, did not respond to requests to come back with the new ordered part to finish the job. Landmark had to call multiple times to get the company to schedule. When the vendor did call I heard the vendor say something along the lines of “they’re hounding me, I be got to get this scheduled”.

Dear Jennifer,

I am sorry to hear about the delay in scheduling for repairs. I see that you have an appointment set for tomorrow, 11/13/18. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com for any further questions or concerns you may have.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

It took two weeks and many phone calls to get my A/C repaired. My home temp was between 86-90 degrees, my dog and I "camped" out at a friends every night so we could get a good nights sleep and I ended up with Shingles, and medical bills, due to the stress. NOT my best experience with a warranty company.

Dear Roxanne,

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Have used Landmark three times already since moving into my home. Each time they have been very prompt in scheduling services. Love that they send reminder emails/calls about the upcoming service as well as follow-up contact to ensure the services were performed and completed to my satisfaction. Very happy I chose them over other Home Warranty companies!

Dear Sharyn,

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

This order is not completed. You want to see information stating it is pre-existing. If the house floods due to a shut off in the bottom of sink is broken and should have been fixed. I am going to contact my realtor and ask why I am going through all this problems.

Dear Priscilla,

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

The people who work at Landmark are very nice and very helpful... they are doing the best they can with what they have. The problem is with the warranty itself... the list of things covered appears long, but when you request a repair what they will actually DO is incredibly limited. We added septic to our warranty and that was a waste of money, for one thing, they don’t even have a septic contractor out here so we had to go through finding one, paying him, and getting reimbursed. I had to call three times before that happened. Then the only thing covered was a failed timer. When the septic itself failed we were on our own. Same story with several plumbing issues, propane line, the list goes on. They basically cover minor repairs, maintenance checks and bug guys... all of which you could pay for yourself with the money spent on the warranty, with a lot less hassle and with the vendor of your choice.

Dear Abbie,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your service requests. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I, first of all, am grateful Landmark offers the opportunity to do preventive and checking for any problems before any possible problems could occur in the future. The service rep that came was very helpful, informative, prompt service and thorough. Would highly recommend.

Dear Beverly,

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This was my first time using a home warranty, our dishwasher was leaking pretty bad. I submitted a ticket online, and within a few hours the service company contacted me and set up a appointment. The service company had to order the part so they said it would be a couple days to get fixed. Landmark followed up with new and the company to make sure my problem was fixed as soon as possible. Overall it was a great experience.

Dear Bryan,

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My drip pan on my refrigerator was leaking. Found out that is was most likely chewed up by a rodent. It's not like I invited it into my house. Disappointed when after 2 days that I was not covered. It took 2 days to come up with a reason not to repair my refrigerator. Also my freezer had a bad door seal, normal wear and tear, no rodent, just normal use. Yet you wouldn't fix that. I am dissatisfied that you seem to have looked for a reason not to fix the problem, I gave two stars only because the technician did a great job.

Dear Stephen,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with your refrigerator service request. Unfortunately, the warranty does not cover for failures that are not due to normal wear and tear. The warranty also does not cover for your refrigerator seal as it is a listed exclusion.

I would be happy to go over any coverage questions you may have in detail. You can reach me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

As with the last issue we called this pitiful excuse for a company with, we received NO help whatsoever. We're only robbed of another $70.00. I have called and as usual, it was referred to contractor services, which I now believe is a blackhole that they toss their service requests into. We have had to pay to fix the problem ourselves, for our own safety.

Dear Luther,

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Worst warranty company ever... Our Refrigerator went out. They sent out a company to come diagnose the issue. They said the Circut Board needed to be replace, after a week and a half of waiting for the circuit board to arrive they got it in. And a couple days later my freezer and fridge goes out again losing ALL my food that I just had replaced from the first time when it went out. Warranty company said they would replace the refrigerator if the circuit board didn’t fix the issue so we call and we had to go buy a box freezer to keep our meat frozen that we just got back from the butcher. Now the LM wants to send ANOTHER person out to diagnose the issue when we have already been out of a fridge/freezer for the whole weekend. After talking to several people we decided to just cancel the warranty and will be telling EVERYONE to NEVER USE THIS WARRANTY COMPANY!!!

Dear Ashley,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experiences with your refrigerator service request. I see that you are scheduled for 11/8/18 to have the second contractor out to diagnose your unit. Once we have the diagnosis, we will be able to determine how to move forward. Due to your experience, we were able to offer you a cash out of $100.00 to assist you with a mini fridge.

We understand the frustrations that come with your refrigerator not working. We would like to thank you for your patience and hope to find a solution soon. If you have any further questions, you can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Our refrigerator started leaking water in May and we had it looked at by Appliance Parts Today. They cleaned it and disconnected the water line to the ice maker. You said that we could not claim that work as it was only "maintenance." In August it was still leaking water intermittently and in Oct. we called Samsung and they sent a tech from Dish Network Service (Samsung Ticket #**). After a thorough, 2-hr exam he removed thick frost and determined the panel was cracked and the unit was not repairable. He recommended replacement. We are working with Appliance Parts Today and they are in touch with you -- but we have had no answer from you in about a week. We look forward to your help with this. The Dish tech said the refrigerator will quit working in 2-4 weeks. Two nights ago it leaked again.

Dear John,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experiences with your refrigerator service request. The last correspondence from you was on 10/30/18. I would like to look into your current situation to appropriately assist you. You can call into the office and speak with a customer service representative or reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I have been impressed with how their Customer Service Department has followed up checking on the status of my repair. They are very courteous when calling and answer all of my calls. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family.

Dear Brenda,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

My wife and I are using LM for our new home. Within a month we had a leaky roof, LM sent someone out, who did a nice job thought they found the leak, but then informed they were over a month out from being able to do the work. They would not be able to touch anything until LM approved. More than a week went by and I heard from the roofers who said LM had not responded, meanwhile the roof continued to leak and who knows what other damage occurred. When I called LM to ask what was going on, they told me they don't cover secondary damage and that once they assign the job it's up to the contractor and out of their hands. When I asked why they would assign someone with a 4 week backup when my roof was leaking now, they said there was nothing they could do. We even bought the extra roof leak protection plan.

Cut to today, when we had a toilet back-up, we called LM to start the process, and they put us with a contractor who is not only 60 miles away, but unable to come for 6 days and again said it's the only contractor that they work with that can do the work. The service contract that I have states that under "normal circumstances" work will be initiated in 48 hours. I don't exactly know what that means, but I would assume based on my previous experience with LM that I will get the runaround while our situation festers.

It is extremely frustrating to think you have this great plan and partner in place to help with issues that can arise at any house. We plan to buy rental properties in the future and I can say that after the past couple weeks, the way that we have been treated and the way the company operates, we will not be continuing the relationship. In both instances listed above the first and only thing that seemed important to the operator was making sure they had the right credit card on file so they could charge $60 for the repair to begin. I hope holding on to that $60 fee is worth it.

Dear Nicholas,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experiences with your roof and toilet service request. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We had an existing contract with them from the previous homeowner. We called Landmark to have service done on our refrigerator because it was forming a solid block of ice in the freezer compartment and causing the unit to shut down. The company that showed up for the service call was very helpful; but they told me that the issue was a damaged gasket (door seal) on the freezer. Landmark refused to replace the gasket on the freezer because it was "cosmetic" in nature. How the heck can you have properly functioning freezer without a working seal on it??? They wouldn't even refund the cost of the service call since this isn't even covered. This company is complete garbage... if I had known that this sort of thing isn't covered I never would have renewed with them. DO NOT GET THIS HOME WARRANTY COMPANY!!!

Dear Vincent,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your refrigerator. Unfortunately, door seals are a listed exclusion under the kitchen refrigerator coverage. Regardless of the outcome of your service request, the service call fee is still due for the contractor's visit.

I would be happy to go over any coverage questions you may have in detail. You can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We have never had a home warranty before. Bought this home a year ago. Have had 4 different times when we needed to use our warranty. Landmark was there 100%. They have taken care of each claim quickly and efficiently. 4 different contractors, plumber, electrician, appliance and heating have been here. Each and everyone called and set up an appointment within a few hours. They took care of each claim and had our problems solved in timely manners. We were so impressed with Landmark's agents and contractors that we renewed our warranty. 5 stars to Landmark and to their contractors.

Dear Glenda,

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was gifted a home warranty when I bought my home in May 2018. I've had to call Landmark twice since I bought my house: to get my home get re-keyed and my heater broke. The reps are friendly and make my service calls seamless. They send out reputable contractors (that have also been amazing). I will be continuing my home warranty when it ends in May 2019.

Dear Jenienne,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

From the first service call to the very end this company does not know what customer service is. Had this service for a few months and had to use them several times due to previous providers (they sent out) mistakes - Sub par Service Providers, Horrible Customer Service, Even worse Management Team. They will try and recoup all their money and provide as little solution as possible. After I explained I wanted to cancel the rest of the service with them I was told that there would be a prorated amount returned to me. I then received a call from a retention specialist explaining that they must retain the remainder of my money to recoup their loss. What a joke! Save your money and shop elsewhere.

Dear Michael,

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I have forwarded your feedback to the proper departments to address and implement the necessary training to improve our services. Per the guidelines of the warranty, the months the warranty was available to you, any costs incurred on any service request, and a $75.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from your pro-rated refund.

If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Landmark is quick on getting repairs completed. Their professional vendors were very responsive, provided adequate timeframes and followed up with calls along the way to reporting. Landmark provided great follow up to making sure I was pleased with the work performance. I highly recommend Landmark for home warranty.

Dear Terri,

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My Bathtub Drain Stopper stuck, it can't be closed. And I call the home warranty to fix it. The first time ever I use home warranty claim and the experience really bad, they leave the drain halfway finish. The plumber remove the toggle to close the drain, remove the sieves (those with small hole to prevent anything big go inside the drain) and leave the housing sieve there. Now I left with a bath tub with a hole. And they said the warranty only cover until this point.

At least before I can still use the bathtub for normal shower, but now I can't even use the bathroom without risking clogging my pipe. Should they return it to original condition at least, or put something to cover the hole. After reviewing the policy documents, it should be covered. Talk to the agent on the phone, they mentioned they will review it. But call them few time, still the same reply, they will review it.

Dear Handoko,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your plumbing request. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com with your property address.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I'm a first time home buyer. The person we bought our house from purchased a 1 yr warranty upfront and in full from Landmark Home Warranty for us. On Oct 10 my AC fan outside locked up or something so I called Landmark right away. They said we have to pay a $70 service fee upfront before they even order a contractor out. Fine, we paid it and they said in 4 business hours a contractor will call us to set up an appt. It's now 10 pm the same day still no call from a contractor which at this point I didn't care because my AC decided to work as if nothing was wrong, so instead of me having the contractor come out anyway, tell me it's fine and waste 70$ I decide to cancel the service request. Same day Oct 10 at 10 pm I call in and cancel, the rep states I will receive a refund in 3 to 5 business days depending on my bank.

My bank shows what's pending whether it's a deposit or a withdrawal so my bank, as soon as I hung up the phone with Landmark the 1st time, was pending a withdrawal of 70$. When I cancelled the service call I expected this amount to remain pending until it cleared back to my acct. NOPE. It cleared to Landmark on the 11th, the very next day. I thought, "Wait. Why did it clear if they processed a refund??" I called Landmark right away, was told it shows it will be refunded and "You should receive it no later than Wednesday the 17th." Now, my bank is super good about clearing refunds and what not, and again, it always shows what's pending... On the 12th still nothing is pending to be refunded. I call LM Monday morning 10/15 to see what's going on and again I'm told to wait till Wednesday.

I chat Tuesday morning with someone to tell them they only have 1 more day and to be sure my money is returned to my acct... Wednesday comes around and lo and behold... NOTHING IS IN MY ACCT!! I call again. It is now the 17th and the rep this time tells me 'it was never refunded, the rep that cancelled your service request only voided payment, she didn't process the refund. But I'm doing that now and you will receive it in 3 to 5 business days'. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I have called, chatted everyday since cancelling and not one person saw that it wasn't actually refunded?? And now I have to wait another 3 to 5 days to get MY money back when you all took it out right away?!?!

I never even communicated with any contractor, no one came to my house, the service fee I paid was for NOTHING. This is a joke! This is the very 1st time I have dealt with Landmark and let me tell you they did not give me a good 1st impression and I am SO SO happy that I am not the one who purchased this warranty. I thank my seller for trying to help us out but little did he know how ridiculous this company is. I can only imagine how they handle major repairs... They probably don't, they probably tell you it's not covered. So now we wait and see when my money will actually get sent back to my account. Would I recommend this warranty company? HELL NO! And I will NOT renew next yr.

Dear Tasha,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your card being refunded and apologize for your refund being overlooked. I can confirm that the funds were refunded on Landmark's end on 10/17/18. I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate individuals to implement the necessary steps to improve our services.

We hope you will be able to give Landmark another opportunity to assist you with your home warranty needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us. You can reach me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Had a small customer service issue, but it was very quickly and professionally fixed by Landmark. Customer service reps are very friendly and helpful. The fact that almost everything can be handled online at any time is very appealing.

Dear Shelley,

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

The fan of AC condenser unit stopped working. We called Landmark Home Warranty. Within 24 hours service staff was dispatched, and the problem was fixed. The service is fast and good. We would like Landmark Home Warranty continue such good service.

Dear Dekui,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way. We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Find another warranty company at all costs. So far, LHW has hit my bank account 4 times now without ever fixing anything at $70 a pop 3× over the past 3 days and I've not submitted a service request yet. They keep saying they've refunded me money but actually they just keep taking more. Their customer service is a joke, what they say they will cover is a joke, this company is deplorable. I'd be better off without them at all and so would everyone else.

Dear Rick,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I called and paid for a repair man then they inform me that I had to find one on my own because they couldn't find one to come out here. Then after I couldn't find one they finally found one to come out. During this whole process all of our food went bad. Not happy with the service at all.

Dear Chrystal,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your refrigerator. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Need better definitions on plumbing. Just had to fix a leak on the main shut off next to the house and was not covered. I was not happy, as it’s not specified that if it’s outside it’s not covered. That is the reason I keep a home warranty so things like this are covered.

Dear Madeline,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them and go over any coverage questions you may have. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Since being with Landmark Home Warranty over the past year we can honestly say that we could not be more pleased. Landmark has assisted us with a few items professionally, timely and made sure that the response and work was done correctly and professionally. The contractors we have dealt with have been a pleasure to work with, efficient, knowledgeable and qualified. I would not hesitate to recommend Landmark Home Warranty.

Dear Kenneth,

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

A service call was set up to repair the oven and the company followed up with me until the repair was completed. This has been the case with every repair they have done. Received prompt service appointment and they followed up until repair was completed.

Dear Paula,

Landmark Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Landmark Home Warranty, headquartered in Riverton, Utah, was established in 2004. The company currently serves customers in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah, and it plans to expand nationwide in the future. Landmark offers several plan choices as well as additional coverage so consumers can select the protection they need.

• Live customer support: Customers will work with their dedicated account manager throughout the claims process should any of their covered equipment malfunction.

• Quick response time: Customers are guaranteed to have an independent contractor contact them within four business hours and, if the call requires emergency service, a contractor will call within one hour.

• Low service fee: Customers pay a relatively low service fee of $60 to $70 per visit, depending on their location. Consumers can see the price for service calls in their state by visiting the company’s website.

• Clear costs: Interested customers can go to Landmark’s website to see fees for warranties for both home sellers and existing homeowners. By providing some personal information, they can get a customized quote.

• Homeowner Dashboard: Landmark customers can access everything related to their warranty online via the Homeowner Dashboard. From there, they can view their coverage, file a claim or renew their policy.

• Best for: recent homebuyers, existing homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information