Call toll free
2.96/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Now serving the states of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. Landmark Home Warranty protects homeowners from unexpected and expensive repairs to air conditioning, furnaces, plumbing and appliances. We were awarded the Best Regional Company by HomeWarrantyReviews.com and strive to offer the best coverage and service, at the best price.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1571 Landmark Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 20, 2019

Our realtor suggested Landmark when we bought our new home based on his experience with previous customers. I'm glad we took his advice. We already used the service several times over the last year, plus used them to re-key the front door when we moved in. They are easy to work with, cover everything in our plan as described and usually get a tech out to the house as fast as the same day called. They stay in touch throughout the repair to make sure it's done right and we are satisfied. I plan to renew again.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

We first started using in 2007 and have not regretted selecting Landmark. We have used Landmark for two homes and have consistently received timely, accurate service. The process is initiate a claim is simple and there is excellent follow through from their representatives. The service vendors have also provided excellent services in scheduling and repair or replacement.

Dear Earlene,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home and hope to continue providing you with remarkable service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 19, 2019

We have used the service for a few washer repairs, a potential water leak, and yearly A/C tune-ups. All service calls have been taken care of according to the contract and we've been happy with the providers they sent to do the work.

Dear Jennifer,

customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

Original review: March 14, 2019

I've had to use my warranty twice. Each time the issue was resolved within 24 hours. I had my garbage disposal and refrigerator replaced the first time, and then my toilet fixed the second time. Definitely will keep my warranty.

Dear Jarrod,

Original review: March 13, 2019

Overall I would recommend Landmark. They may not cover everything; however, if you have an older house with a pool it’s worth it. You just pay a service fee and then it’s pretty smooth after that, good co.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly via email.

Customer Relations Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Original review: March 13, 2019

Fast, reliable service and communication. Follow up emails are prompt and informative. All phone calls have been friendly and clear on next steps. Overall, all reps have been courteous and sympathetic regarding our needs.

Dear Angela,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 12, 2019

We have, unfortunately, had to use our home warranty through Landmark Home Warranty several times. Each and every time we received exceptional customer service that was fast and friendly. We were never charged for any services above and beyond the terms in our contract. I recommend them to everyone!

Dear Kelley,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 10, 2019

Stay away from this company like the plague. They are a total scam. They will find ANY reason to not pay you. I have had a Landmark Warranty for four years and have spent over $2200 for the warranty premiums in that time. During the four years I've had 3-4 claims and gotten 0 value from them. I've been extremely disappointed with their service on every one.

Some examples: I had pool coverage. I had a leaking filter that was clearly covered. They wouldn't cover it though because removing the sand is not covered. How would you make any leak repair then? If you have a pipe leak, they'll fix the leak but not repair ANY damage it did, and they don't cover the drywall and paint repair to access. The pipe repair ($50), the other costs to complete the repair $600. I paid extra for roof coverage. Guess what, you're limited to $1000 for any repair, and if the leak is over the garage, not covered. If the repair mentions flashing, not covered. Guess where 90% of the leaks are on roofs? They know this! So you pay $100+ a year for a roof warranty that is limited to $1000 for the most unlikely spots to repair. Guess who wins? The salespeople don't tell you this!

I'm done with them. The thing is if you try to cancel your warranty in mid-term (which legally you're allowed to) they make that virtually impossible because you have to do it with a special person that won't return your calls. This is pure fraud. The other factor is that they only seem to hire the lowest rated contractors to do the work (probably because good contractors won't accept their cut rates). Therefore, the work you get done will probably be subpar. The salespeople claim the warranty covers everything but when you have a claim, there's always a technicality they claim to not cover it, not cover the expensive part, or make you pay a large portion of it. Trust me and learn from my mistake. Don't go with this company. Let's see if I get the generic, "Sorry you feel this way, please contact me directly" reply below from their customer service. Guess what, I've already tried to do that, and no one calls me back.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

For your pool service request, the sand needed to be removed from your filter for the repair to be performed. This is considered an access issue. The warranty, unfortunately, does not cover to provide access to a covered repair.

As for the drywall, you were offered a cash out to bring your drywall back up to a rough finish this includes the mud, tape, drywall. Due to your experience, you were also refunded the service call fee.

A retention representative has been reaching out to you in regard to your cancellation request. She would like to go over options to assist you with your service request. Please respond to her e-mail or reach out to us at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 7, 2019

Our over the range microwave stopped heating. The technician was here within 2 days to estimate. The quote was high for repairs so Landmark responded that same day and paid us out for a brand new microwave of our choice. We were very lucky we had a great warranty. Save us a few hundred bucks! I love that we can file claims online and response is same day.

Dear Roseann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: March 4, 2019

I was having a case of "pilot error". Called your "customer service" and the ever cheerful lady that helped me, made my commitment of over $100 a month for 2 homes, MARVELOUS. THANK YOU whomever you are... Adios & God bless all y'all.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

To whom it may concern: On February 26th, we woke up to a leaking water heater. I immediately called landmark and they set up to have one of their independent contractors come out. The contractor came at their scheduled time and assessed the issue. Everything was going well up until I received an email with out of pocket costs from Landmark. The out pocket costs included accessory items that were needed to complete the job and a fee for a “2nd man.”

Initially, we were told that labor would be paid for. Now they come and say since a 2nd man is needed to replace the unit it is considered an additional. In the contract it states any additional charges needed to replace or install a unit is not covered. In my opinion labor is labor. The additional charge is for a 2nd man/labor.

I called and spoke with 3 managers, Kar, Kylie, and Prond. Each of them would pass the phone to each other and read to me the same line in the contract. The contract doesn’t say anything about if a 2nd man needed to install or remove a unit it would not be covered. I needed clarification and asked to speak with somebody above them because I now feel taken advantage of and not appreciated as a customer. I’m not renewing my contract with Landmark to feel unappreciated or feel like I’m just another service call. All three managers were rude and felt that I was wasting their time. This review will placed on all social media and review forums I have access to. The community needs to know what they could experience with Landmark before being locked in with them like I did. This was my first time using them and my last.

Dear Maryanna,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your water heater service request.

Under normal circumstances, one technician should be needed to perform the task and the warranty will cover for the labor of the repair/replacement. Typically, if a second man is required for a repair/replacement, it is to gain better access to properly repair/replace the covered system. Unfortunately, the warranty does not cover for any access needed for a repair/replacement.

I am sorry for the service you received with our managers. I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate departments to implement the necessary training to better our services. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

95% of my claims with Landmark are on not covered and most of the time this is discovered after I pay the $70 service fee. The techs that they contract out are TERRIBLE and they always find someone to say your repair isn't covered. They also falsely advertise they offer re-key services included as service. They don't advertise that it's subject to availability, as they won't fulfill this included service for me due to "availability." Nothing but a money pit Landmark has been.

Dear Taylor,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

They were really great to work with and responded quickly. They helped us get an earlier appointment without too much hassle. Overall, it was a really simple process to file a claim through this company.

Dear Catherine,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Easy to reach and services reps are helpful and knowledgeable. Have used them twice: 1) leaking refrigerator (eventually had to replace it), and 2) water leak (which was resolved in a couple of days - only minor issue is plumbers cut holes in the drywall and I have to patch them). Both problems handled to my satisfaction. Landmark follows up frequently to make sure everything is progressing.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you feel this way! We are here to provide you with a peace of mind for your home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any of your home warranty needs!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Landmark's warranty is very specific as to the coverage. In my case, my gas furnace was cycling 6 times per hour and I wanted to reduce this to 2 times per hour. My warranty divided the furnace warranty into two parts, one part was for the furnace itself and the second was for the control of the furnace. The technician dispatched was sent to look only at the furnace and knew nothing related to the furnace's controls. The tech checked the furnace and found it to be working within industry guidelines. I gave the tech the control's manual but the tech was not able to understand the controls "at all".

I read the manual after the tech left the site and was able to correct the cycling problem by making one single adjustment to the thermostat controller. This is a standard Honeywell controller. My opinion is that the tech dispatched had limited training. The tech's training allowed him to do what the warranty statement "specifically" said, however, in my opinion, the furnace itself and its control system are integral and should be treated as one single system versus two separate systems that would have required me to pay two separate call out charges under the terms of my warranty.

Dear Robert,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to review your concerns in more detail to better address them. Please reach out to me directly.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Great service and the repairman was way nice and new his stuff, fixed it fast and great work. I would recommended having him come again and fix my Dryer or that washer if it ever needed to be fixed. I’m really impressed.

Dear Jake,

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I have used a service technician through Landmark who was wonderful. I do not want to detract from his work--he was exceptional. Every interaction with the company Landmark, itself, however, has been problematic. I have been told something different about every single issue by separate representatives. For example, I was told they answer the phone on weekends for service requests. WRONG. I was told I needed to know the brand of dryer I had in order to place a service request; when I called back the next day after confirming which brand I had, I was told I did not need to know the brand to place a service request.

I asked about the $70 service fee they charge for a service request IF the problem turned out not to be covered under the warranty. One rep told me it would be applied toward the work done. The next rep said nope, that fee was strictly for a diagnosis and they would not refund it or apply it to the work I had done. I don't know if Landmark does not train their representatives very thoroughly, meaning teach them their policies clearly, or if their policies change or are invented on the fly depending on who you talk to. I'm disappointed. I would not recommend them.

Dear Beverly,

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Used them and have had no problems. Will use them again. Simple to use and very responsive and follow up on their claims. Had to do recall service also and both vendors for plumbing and fan were great and professional.

Dear Wesley,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Working with Jessica ** and Jenny ** was just great. They helped us get our loan for our new home. They were there with answers when we had any questions. They worked hard to see that all was done and final. Enjoyed working with them.

Dear Judy,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I am very disappointed with Landmark Home Warranty. We open a ticket for a problem with my dishwasher and refrigerator. They said the contractor 1 Total Appliances Service was going to contact us within 4 business hours to schedule an appointment. After 4 days! They never contacted me. Someone from Landmark contacted me on Thursday if I have heard from contractor 1. I said no, they say they were going to contact them again to reach to me. After 5 business days with no response from contractor 1.

I give a call to Landmark and requested a different contractor because I just don't have a good feeling with contractor 1, they are unprofessional and I shouldn't be begging anyone yo take my business. They gave me another contractor 2. This new contractor 2, Scott's home services, were nice and contacted me within one business hour to set up an appointment. After contractor 2 is set and contractor 1 is getting cancel. All of the sudden I get a call from contractor 1 to schedule an appointment and I said I don't want them and I already have another company.

Then Landmark Warranty cancels my appointment with no reason. I get another call from contractor 1 to schedule an appointment, I tell them no! I don't want them in my house. They say that I should take it with Landmark cause they are insisting on being them checking my appliances! I give Landmark a call and they say they cancel contractor 2 cause he is not license to do refrigerator and the only option is contractor 1. That's it! They say in the whole Salt Lake County contractor 1 is the only choice available and that everyone else is booked in the whole city! I asked how long I had to wait to get 3rd option and they say weeks maybe months and they can't keep my ticket open longer than a week and they will refund my $60. I am so mad. Is this even legal? Is contractor 1 a family member that they insist they get all the claims? Very disappointed with their service and I feel cheated.

Dear McHale Family,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Landmark has been a pleasure to work with. In today's environment of horrible customer service from fast food to new car dealers, it's a joy to find a company that still understands what good customer service looks like. I highly recommend this company.

Dear Randal,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We have had very good results using Landmark Home Warranty. They have been very courteous, helpful and prompt in taking care of our issues. They follow up and make sure that your issue has been taken care of.

Dear Sharon,

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

When you get home warranty insurance you expect that if something is broken it is either fixed or replaced. Well, that’s not the case. My fridge wasn’t making ice, so I called Landmark, they scheduled a contractor to come out and fixed it. It seemed like a simple fix, but about 3 hours later the fridge light came on and remained on. Of course this was around Christmas and the contractor was closed down for a few days. Once they were back, I did a recall on the service and they said, they were going to have to order two new motherboards. Well, this went on for two weeks and I ended up calling them to see what is going on and they said Whirlpool had to recall the parts and they would be shipping them that week.

The next week I called again and they now say they don’t have an ETA. I asked for this to be escalated through Landmark and supposedly they did, however no one calls me. I call every time to find out what’s going on. I ask for a manager to call me, no one does. Finally, I call today and the customer support person “Alice” tells me there’s nothing Landmark can do, because the Fridge can be repaired and that they are just waiting on the parts. My response is, when is the part coming in? Her response “We don’t know when”. Bottom line; it’s been almost two months since I opened this ticket, Landmark won’t pay for the cost of a rental fridge, won’t reimburse you for spoiled food and won’t replace the fridge if it can possibly be repaired even if the part is back ordered for three months. Thankfully it’s only a fridge, I am glad it’s not my air conditioner in the middle of an Arizona summer. My advice, go with a better company.

Dear Justin,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear of your experience with your refrigerator. The control board was temporarily placed on backorder; however, the part has now shipped, and the ETA is 01/30/19. The contractor has given you a call to schedule an appointment to perform the necessary repairs.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly for any further questions you may have.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Our dishwasher stopped working. Landmark was easy to reach and quickly arranged for the repair. They followed up and monitored the progress of the repair. Parts had to be ordered and shipped and with an understandable delay but Landmark tracked the shipment and remained involved. The repair service contractor they selected was very competent.

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Our water heater was fixed in two days. I called Landmark Home Warranty and quickly started to handle my claim. They were very fast and they checked to make sure I was happy with the experience. Customer service and service company were very nice.

Dear Jerl,

Tiffany

Customer Relations Manager

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I'm just giving feedback on ownership of the warranty in general! Although I used it about 5 times for various defects, in total, I didn't think I got back the cost of the policy in work. It was purchased by the seller so I will let it end and create a savings account to pay my monthly premiums into and use it for emergencies when they begin to happen. Best wishes!

Dear Michael,

Your feedback is taken very seriously as it plays a vital role in our quality assurance and it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. Please reach out to me directly if you have any further questions.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Dishwasher was not draining and leaked. Took two visits but now is fixed. The repairman was friendly but I wish they would wear booties when entering my home. One day it was raining and I had to remove the floors after he left. Also, repair should only take one trip. I am, however, very pleased with Landmark.

Dear Brenda,

We are glad to see that our agents and contractors have been able to provide you with 4-star service! We would be happy to hear more on your feedback on what we can do to provide you with 5-star services as it provides great insights on how we can improve to better serve our homeowners.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I spoke to Sterling on 1/9/19. My account shows a double payment to my credit card since September. AS of today I have received no email or telephone call response back. Also my last service call about my furnace was not resolved. Same issue still exists. I paid the $60 service fee and the furnace still will not turn on.

Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Sterling had sent you an e-mail on 01/14/19, detailing your refund for the double payment.

As for your furnace service request. I would like to look further into your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have found Landmark to be fair and helpful at a time I needed them. I also found out that by dealing directly with them, rather than through my agent, made a big difference. I would recommend Landmark to family and friends!

Dear Edward,

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Our dishwasher was leaking so we called our warranty company. A service technician promptly responded and diagnosed our problem. A part needed to be ordered and a follow up visit was necessary. The technician returned two days later and the problem was solved.

Dear Richard,

We are pleased to hear that we have been able to service you in a timely manner for your dishwasher! We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue to provide remarkable service for you! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for anything you may need in the future!

Landmark Home Warranty Company Information