Hi Amanda,
Thank you very much for providing a rating and feedback on Landmark Home Warranty. I know your time is valuable and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We always seek to provide our homeowners with the best possible service experience. We are glad to have you in our Landmark family! Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: May 21, 2017

We heard about Landmark through our mortgage company. The home warranty was added to our closing cost. We had about four different options and we chose Landmark for the benefit of signing up with them. According to the brochure, we would have better quality of service. The process has been very smooth and really good every time I've submitted a claim. So far, I've filed three claims. I usually do it online and then I speak with somebody at Landmark afterwards. Dealing with the reps was good. I've been very satisfied with the service of Landmark, which has been really good. I would highly recommend them to other individuals.

Hello James,
I am sorry that your claim did not go as expected. I assure you that Landmark is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the parameters of the warranty. I know it is frustrating when something needing repair, is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. I appreciate you providing feedback on your claim. I hope you will reconsider using Landmark and allow us to provide an excellent service experience in the future.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: June 17, 2017

Had A/C go out in June in South Texas in mid-June. Called Landmark who sent contractor. After multiple visits over the course of 9 days, contractor diagnosed faulty blower motor. Since my A/C has a zone controller installed, Landmark insisted that the blower motor was not a covered part. Note the zone controller is an accessory; the blower motor is a mandatory part of an A/C system.

I called another contractor for a 2nd opinion. Within about 20 minutes, 2nd contractor determined blower motor was fine, but control board was faulty. Again, another integral part of the system. Note the control panel takes signals from the thermostat and sends them to the zone controller, compressor, blower, and other parts of the A/C system. After escalating to 2 different supervisors, was told that since it connects to the zone controller, it falls under the exclusions reference of the contract. Very frustrated. Unknown how far Landmark will extend their definition of connection to an excluded component. Will not be renewing and will definitely not recommend Landmark to other customers.

Hello Connie,
I am sorry to hear about this repair situation. I appreciate you providing feedback and allowing us to improve our services. I would like to have my team work on expediting the repair for you. You should hear from someone shortly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: June 15, 2017

I submitted a service request via e-mail on Monday morning, June 12th about my air conditioner not working. Landmark gave me the name of a contractor to call. When I called the contractor they told me they never received a work order from Landmark. This company is also 100 miles away from the city on which we live. We called Landmark Monday evening and said the quickest a contractor could come would be Thursday morning.

Today, Thursday, I receive a call from the contractor and they say they can't come until Monday. I called Landmark to see if they have another contractor that could come today. Of course they did not have one. I live in midland Texas. It will be 105 degrees today and 106 tomorrow. I asked if they or I could get a company that wasn't in their network. Said I could get another contractor if I wanted to pay them. I told them if they cared about customer service they would let me get another contractor and Landmark could pay them. Of course not!! I talked to three different people and all they EVER say is "I understand your frustration but we cannot do anything else". Oh and also even though they send someone out next Tuesday they may not be able to repair it depending on getting any parts, and what is covered.

I would like for their management to spend over a week or more in a house in midland Texas with no air conditioner when the temperature is over 100 every day. This isn't the first bad experience we have had with Landmark. We have been a customer for five years and there have been issues every single time! They don't have enough contractors. I think they hope people will get so tired of dealing with them they will just pay for repairs themselves. Their advertisements should indicate that it can take weeks before they get anything done. Customer service people saying over and over again they understand your frustration is ridiculous!!! That doesn't solve your issues!! I hope people will read this review and realize what they are ACTUALLY purchasing.

Hi Brendan,
I apologize for this clearly frustrating experience with your water heater claim. Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback and allowing us the opportunity to improve our service. This complaint has been brought to the attention of our Contractor Relations and our Customer Care Departments. They will address this situation with the associates and contractors involved right away. I apologize for the delays and disappointments with this service request, and want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that a situation like this does not occur again. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner for our homeowners. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: June 13, 2017

I started this experience on 05/18/2017. Called Landmark Home Warranty and advised that I was not getting any hot water. They said they would send someone out to diagnose it. I get a call the next day from NB Plumbing to schedule. NB Plumbing cant come out until the 22nd. I agreed to wait. When the plumber gets here, he takes 5 seconds, doesn't look at the meter (which was stuck in vacation mode), and says the issue is that I am missing an "Expansion Tank". Charges me $150 to "get me up to code". I pay him and wait 24 hours. 24 hours later, still no hot water. Still stuck in vacation mode.

I call Landmark again, advising them that I do not want the same rep as he did not even do his job. They advise they will email my claims manager to request another company. I get a call from NB Plumbing again on the 26th, they can only "fit me in" on 06/02. I ask if they can help me any sooner, and she says she will call me back if possible "cancellations" create an opening. I don't hear anything back, and end up waiting until June 2nd. On that day, the SAME REP comes out. He then decides to look into the actual issue and decides that it needs a Gas Valve replacement. He requests them to order the part and advises that I will be called soon to schedule the appointment for repair.

Due to the weekend again, I do not get a call until the 5th. What they tell me is that due to the amount of the Gas Valve, they are just going to replace my entire unit. They then set the appointment ANOTHER WEEK OUT for 06/12. At this point I have already contacted Landmark and advised of my frustration, and after confirming that they will take a look at the case, nothing has happened. So I am now just waiting.

I wait until the 12th, the day I was scheduled, and they call to tell me that they sent the request for a replacement to Landmark, and they denied it. So THAT DAY, the plumbing company orders the Gas Valve. And of course, the Valve doesn't get in until 06/21. An entire week. In total, I am without hot water for 3 weeks, and will be an entire month before they attempt to repair it again. I have NEVER written a review like this, but at this point, I feel this misfortune needs to be heard by others to avoid something like this in the future. I will be making sure that everyone I know does not use Landmark Home Warranty or NB Plumbing.

Hi Todd!
Thank you for sharing you experience with Landmark. We know you have a choice when it comes to a home warranty. Thank you for placing your trust in us. If you ever have concerns regarding a claim or the contractors we use, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here for you. . We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: June 10, 2017

It's very easy to submit a claim with Landmark and on average, I'm in contact with a contractor a day after submitting the claim. Also, the techs who came out have all been good except for the one who worked on my air conditioner that overcharged me. But Landmark is very good and I would recommend them.

Hi Stacey,
I am very sorry to hear that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on your claim. I appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience and I want to assure you that my department will address this with Operations right away. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. This is not the type of communication our valued homeowners should expect. Our intentions are to truly provide a resolution for this situation. I have requested your claim be expedited. I apologize for the clear frustration and we will do all we can to get you taken care of immediately.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: June 9, 2017

Every employee I contact reads from a script promising to fix the problem, and here I am 10 days later with no solution, no approval for the repair, no communication from the company on the status... But they sure had no delay charging my credit card! Three days have passed since their own technician told them the one part that needs replacing. They claim under normal circumstances, most claims are approved in 48 hours.... and they have given me no answer to my question as to why THIS is out of normal circumstances. The only communication that has come from them was a request for a document, which they could have asked for 10 days ago as part of the submission process.

They also could have asked for it any time since then. But that is a tactic to continue to delay. The contract says in normal circumstances, most repairs are approved in 48 hours. That is simply false, 72 hours later, mine has not been approved and no one has explained why or responded to my request for an update. Clearly they have no incentive to do anything but drag the process out as long as possible. They have the money for the contract, they took my money for the service call, why would they give a hoot when they fulfill their obligation? They don't.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Landmark Home Warranty?

Hello Hanna,
I am very sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. I can understand how disappointed you must be with the information provided to you by your realtor as well as the experience with the Landmark agent.
Unfortunately, Landmark is not able to reimburse you for any work done outside the warranty contract without prior authorization, and only under specific circumstances. We must operate within the parameters of the warranty contract to comply with state business regulations as well as remain equitable to all our valued homeowners.
Regarding the phone call experience, I sincerely apologize for what happened. I want to assure you that the call will be listened to and training will be provided to the agent. I know it is always frustrating to have expenses that you did not plan for and I can understand the emotional reaction to the situation. I am sorry that we could not assist you in recouping your costs.
Please know that your feedback is very important to Landmark Home Warranty and is not taken lightly. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner.
If you need any additional assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: June 7, 2017

I unfortunately was in a situation where I was told directly by my realtor that I didn't have a home warranty. I apparently received information in the mail, but likely assumed it was junk mail as I was told I did not have warranty coverage, so I wasn't looking for anything. In October, I spent a large bit of money on my furnace after it broke. I had no idea about the warranty and had to use all my savings, and take out a credit card to fix it.

Today I found out that I had had a warranty through Landmark when they called to renew. The woman on the phone was very defensive and treated me very poorly when I explained my situation and asked if there was any chance I could be, even partially, reimbursed based on the circumstances. I was crying (but polite) over the phone, and she had the audacity to ask if I would like to renew my services with them while I was sobbing on the other end. This was my first experience with a home warranty company, and I am disappointed in the lack of service and human decency.

Hi Alisha,
Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback. I am so very sorry to hear about this experience. I cannot imagine how frustrating this has been for you. I am glad to hear that you are doing well and recovered from your car accident. The details of this complaint will be submitted for an expedited research and review. I want to assure you that we value you as a homeowner and or Claims Department is working very hard to get you taken care of right away. I apologize for the delays and disappointments in service and want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that a situation like this does not occur again. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner for our homeowners. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: June 6, 2017

It is June 2017 and I filed my original claim with Landmark Home Warranty back in August 2016. I was originally assigned one contractor, who came, assessed and found that I needed a new AC unit; that there was no way of salvaging the one I had. After an extended delay Landmark chose to seek a second opinion and send out a 2nd contractor. I did not have the time to accommodate an additional contractor. I was working 60 hours a week and in school full time as well as had the responsibilities of a single mother. I tried to determine why they needed to send out a second contractor. Eventually I realized that they would not relent and had to accommodate a second contractor, which they initially tried to charge me for, stating that I had caused a delay and therefore the case had been closed and they were opening up an entirely new claim. I fought them on this and they eventually relented and sent out the next contractor.

He came and went and I heard nothing for quite some time. Eventually, I contacted them and they stated that I would have to have a third contractor come out. I had already taken 2 different days off of work to accommodate them and I was unable financially to take a third. So I pushed for them to deal with the second contractor. They stated they had no invoice or communication with them. I called the company and they told me they had been in communication with Landmark. I pushed for them to get things worked out with the second contractor and heard nothing.

The first week of May I see a new ticket in my email for a third contractor... no communication from Landmark that this was happening. I had just been involved in a car accident so was unable to act on this due to my injuries and doctor appointments. So I am finally feeling up to dealing with them and I spent an hour on the phone going round and round about why I have to have a third contractor come out. They are not forthcoming about what exactly my contract says about my rights or out of pocket expenses. I asked at what point they would feel that they had sent enough contractors for additional opinions. They basically wanted to keep the focus on my lack of cooperation as well as the lack of cooperation from the previous contractor. There are so many unanswered questions. I at this point have no recourse or choice but to accept that they are forcing a third opinion (contractor) on me.

So I called that contractor. I waited on hold for 25 minutes to get an appointment. No appointment as of yet. I have an appointment to receive a call tomorrow to schedule an appointment. This doesn't feel like it is going to go well. If they are so busy they can't even set an appointment, I wonder when or if I will ever get my AC fixed. So I will say this in closing, this has been the worse experience. Customers should not have to accommodate endless contractors without limitation. I asked at what point Landmark would feel that I had cooperated enough and that enough contractors had been sent and if they weren't getting the price they wanted, they would go ahead and just pay what the contractors are quoting so that they could honor their contract with me... No answer.

I guess they can indefinitely keep sending contractors. This is the exact reason why I was hesitant (or as Landmark put it "uncooperative") to accept a third contractor. I at this point have no confidence that a third contractor will be the magic number. I feel that if the estimate isn't what Landmark wants to see then I will be transferred off to a fourth and if I don't accept it, I will once again be labeled "uncooperative." So this has been my experience thus far. It has been a fight and every time I have to call I feel dread and I know that I am going to have a battle on my hands. Additionally, they do not assign one person to handle your claim. I have no idea who is in charge... I have spoken with so many reps and each time I have to take a chunk of time just to bring them up to date about my case. All around, this has been a horrible experience.

Ryan,

I am concerned about your experience with Landmark Home Warranty. Your recent consumer affairs review indicated the need for review on your service request. I know that you are frustrated and I do believe it is warranted. I will do a full review on your service request and contract in hopes of getting you a resolution. I ask that you allow me a little bit of time to get this completed for you, however you will receive an email back from me with my findings and hopefully a solution to this problem.

Again, I want to apologize for this experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Candace Parke | cparke@landmarkhw.com

Original review: June 5, 2017

I would avoid the use of this company at all cost. They are a fraud, and furthermore a cheat. We had an issue with an appliance where the eventual outcome was it needed to be replaced. Landmark called and offered a payout 50% of the cost of a low end unit with "similar" functions to replace the broken unit. This amount based on their "cost" for the appliance. I was further told they do not purchase these appliances, so... Not sure where their "cost" comes from. However, their cost, does not help since I have to replace the appliance from a retail provider, at double the amount they offered, just for the low end model, not even replacing the same level...??? I am at a loss, I would not use this company again for anything. They are not a warranty company, they are a cheat and fraud.

Hello Paul,
I really appreciate the honest feedback you have provided regarding your Landmark experience thus far. We know you have a choice when it comes to your home warranty needs. We are so glad to have you in our Landmark family. We are happy to be of service anytime. You are also welcome to place your service requests online on our site www.landmarkhw.com. During business hours, we have a great Chat feature if you have any quick questions or concerns. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: May 31, 2017

When I bought my house, my realtor suggested Landmark Home Warranty so I went with them. I’ve continued using their service because I’ve been pleased with it. Submitting claims has been fairly easy. I call the 800 number and tell them what the issue is and they have been very responsive. I recently had an electrical outlet that stopped working and at the same time, I scheduled an air conditioner unit for preventative maintenance service. And the electrical technician was very good. He was very friendly and prompt, as well. He also explained things, showed me what he was doing and answered all of my questions. He even left his number on the invoice that he gave me to see if I had any other problems to just call them, to warranty the work he was doing.

Hi Lisa,
I am so sorry to hear about the very poor service experience you've had with your A/C claim thus far. My research and review team will look into this immediately. We will do all we can to expedite this issue. I can see that there are several areas that we could improve upon with your feedback. I appreciate you for giving Landmark this opportunity to address your concerns. I apologize that Landmark has not met your expectation of service on this A/C claim. We honestly do our best to provide every valued homeowner with a positive claim experience in a timely manner. Your feedback is important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this lightly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: May 29, 2017

Every service call with Landmark has been met with difficulty. What I was hoping to be a quick call and simple fix to my AC, has now turned into nearly 5 weeks of hot and horrid hell. It initially started out with me calling. Not knowing what button to push. I spoke to a lady who started my ticket. I let her know upfront that I didn't know if I needed a tune up or a service. Regardless, my AC was broken and it needed to be fixed.

First number they gave me was a flake and never returned my call. I called Landmark back at which point they tried to charge me ANOTHER $60. Magically, there was a credit on my account so we used that. This tech makes it out about 7-10 days later. After the tech leaves, come to find out Landmark had entered the call as a tune up, when it needed to be a service. They are calling me up, trying to charge me another $60 because I didn't tell them the AC was broken. I've had at least 3 calls with them in the past week. Letting them know they entered it wrong. Additionally, my AC STILL isn't fixed and it is HOT!! 83* is not comfortable to sleep in!!!

I keep getting the "We are going to have to listen to the original phone call and get back to you." NEVER getting back to me. Emails from them saying, "We'd like to get this resolved." GREAT! Me too! When are you sending someone out?! It's hot, and horrible and they want to charge me more money for their error for entering the ticket wrong and they STILL WON"T FIX MY AC!!! Worst company I have ever worked with. I'm will not be recommending Landmark to anyone!

Hi Michael,
I appreciate you taking a moment to share your thoughts on Landmarks' service experience thus far. Your feedback helps us make sure we are providing the best possible claim experience for our valued homeowners. We are always working hard to improve. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: May 28, 2017

I have three rentals in Utah and I’ve used Landmark for about three times and it's been fine. The claim reps usually put me on hold and make sure that they have a contractor or a service person that could work on the issue. Then they’d call me back, collect the 60 bucks, and say, “This person will call you.” And that person would call me. Then I’d give the tenant's number and they schedule it.

Hello,
I am so sorry to hear about your recent experiences. I know it is frustrating when your expectations of service are not met. I want to assure you that your experience does matter. There will be a review on your behalf right away. We are working to improve the experience of our valued Landmark homeowner. Your service needs are important to us. I appreciate you taking time to post your feedback. Your feedback provides the best catalyst for change. This issue is not taken lightly. I apologize for the poor customer experience and assure you that we do value you.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: May 26, 2017

I've been a customer of Landmark for several years now with only a couple claims through that time period. Essentially, Landmark has made pure profit off me as a customer. Recently, I requested repair of the fan motor for my A/C and they insisted that I accept an after market product that had wires literally zip tied to the exterior of the unit. The claims manager was repeatedly unavailable and left brief phone messages without legitimate explanations. Landmark refused to make it right. I paid to have the correct motor installed. I have received lousy service yet they claim to offer a great experience.

Now my contract is up for renewal and they are raising the price of the contract and the service call fee. Based on my years as a paying customer and my recent bad experience, I asked for them to offer a better price. They discounted it minimally and said that's all they could do. I explained that I was looking at other options since they provided such substandard service and they weren't interested in retaining me as their customer. I would suggest shopping around for another company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On Wednesday May 3rd at 5AM we discovered that our hot water heater was not working. Immediately, we placed a service request with our home warranty company, Landmark Home Warranty. Landmark now requires that you pay the $70 service fee upfront before a contractor will even be sent out. With two small children, bottles that need to be washed, and for hygiene sake we complied.

My husband took May 3rd off, wanting to be available for the first available contractor. Unfortunately, Landmark was unable to schedule a contractor until the afternoon of May 4th, so I took the afternoon off. The contractor sent to our house was Preferred Air. The gentleman arrived, went up to the attic, and in under 20 minutes informed me that they were leaving because the main repairman didnt know how to fix it. The repairman informed me that he was going to get in touch with his boss and the manufacturer of the unit to determine what he could do to fix the problem.

I immediately called Landmark Home Warranty, confused as to why they would send out a representative, which I had already been billed for, only to be told he did not know how to fix the hot water heater. Landmark informed me that they were sure it was because he needed a part. I reiterated what the contractor had said, he didnt know how to fix it. I expressed my concerns that this contractor would be returning to my house to fix such a high valued piece of equipment. Landmark informed me that I could repay the $70 and they could have another contractor come back out to the house, but could not guarantee it wouldnt take 48 hours to secure another contractor.

I then requested to speak with a manager. Jason came on the phone and apologized, again stating that the contractor probably just meant that he needed a part. My husband and I were both on the phone at this point and Jason assured us that this matter would be resolved in a timely matter and that should anything come up to give him a call at his extension (**). My husband specifically laid out a scenario for Jason, asking should Preferred Air come back and state that we needed a new unit, would that be covered under the Landmark Warranty. Jason assured us that the company would do the right thing and take care of what we needed.

On the afternoon of May 4th, Preferred Air notified us that we would need a new hot water heater, in addition to some pipe modifications. We were informed that the hot water heater would be covered, but that our contract would not cover the pipe modifications. Preferred Air notified us that they would order the new unit as soon as they were notified by Landmark that it was approved.

Landmark sent an email on May 4th at 4:06pm to my husband which read Tankless Water Heater Full Replacement Approved. At this point, it was our understanding that Preferred would go ahead and order the unit and contact us regarding installation. My husband called Preferred at 9:30 on Monday morning with a bad feeling in his gut and was told that Preferred Air had received an email from Landmark that indicated that we had accepted a "cashout option". This option was never discussed with my husband, nor accepted by my husband. At this point, Preferred Air advised my husband to call Landmark.

Upon calling Landmark, my husband was told that although Landmark had made the error and caused the delay and confusion, they would only stick by their contract and mail us a check for $800. My husband explained that upon receipt of the check, if Landmark were not to find another way to rectify the situation, we would end our business with Landmark. The Landmark representative, Tyler, said that was unfortunate but that his company was going to stick by their contract. Tyler then tried to coerce my husband into verbally stating acceptance of the contract and the $800 check. My husband said since you're going to stick to your contract, which I do not accept, mail me my $800 check and I'll end our business immediately after I receive it.

My husband next contacted Preferred Air, who said they would call back with prices. They called my husband back and an agreement was reached on the unit to order. Preferred Air attempted to order the unit on Monday 5/8. In the meantime, my husband called back Landmark seeking customer service. He explained the situation to a female representative who agreed that Landmark was in the wrong. She explained that she would email our account manager, another Tyler and that I should follow up with him. It was implied that Landmark should do something to make the situation right for our family. My husband asked if it was possible to email Tyler (account manager) the invoice after the work had been done by Preferred Air in order for Landmark to compensate us for the unit, as they had indicated full replacement of the unit had been approved. He was told that yes, this was possible via email.

My husband continued to communicate with Preferred Air regarding ordering the unit and scheduling the installation. On Tuesday 5/9, Preferred Air called to indicate that their distributor did not have the part in stock, as they had previously told Preferred Air. This error on the distributors part would cause for a delay in delivery of the unit until next Monday 5/15.

On Tuesday 5/9 I contacted Landmark Home Warranty on 3 separate occasions. I first spoke with a representative named Tyler and asked that he read back that notes from the conversation on 5/8 that my husband had with Landmark in which the representative should make the situation right. Tyler stated that there were no conversations noted. I called back again on 5/9 and spoke with Cathy (whose name I would later find out was actually Cassidy). She informed me that she was going to need to review the audio recordings of my husband's phone call on 5/8 to in fact verify that this was what was discussed because she did not know Landmark to do such a thing.

After not hearing back from Cassidy, I called a third time. This time I spoke with Blake, who got me in touch with his manager Jesse. When Jesse came on the phone he read back the annotated notes from my husband's conversation on 5/8 that Tyler had earlier claimed did not exist in the computer. Jesse stated that I had asked Blake in our earlier conversation to reverse the cash payout option. This was a complete fallacy. Jesse also informed me that my husband had verbally accepted the cashout option yesterday over the phone, when I asked if he could play me the recording because I do not know my husband to be a liar, he stated that I would need a subpoena. I again reiterated the importance of the two small children who were being impacted by Landmark's limited customer service, about the bottles and dishes piling up, and how it was unacceptable to expect people who are paying money for a service to continue to receive this level of service.

As my phone was dying (after having been on the phone waiting and talking this time for over an hour), I asked Jesse what his solution was. He stated we are going to stand by our contract. I asked him why we had received an email stating that a Full Replacement was Approved, and he said that he could not speak to that and would need to investigate it further. At that time, my phone ran out of power. I didnt expect to hear back from Landmark on the contact number listed on our contract, and they proved me right.

Summary: We have 2 small children, one of whom still drinks from a bottle. Our children are the ones suffering from Landmark's questionable customer service. Landmark and Preferred Air can go back and forth pointing blame at the other but at the end of the day, they continue to do business with one another, which speaks volumes. According to Preferred Air we will not have hot water restored to our house until 5/15. We have lost 8 hours of personal time at work due to this. Even if we decided to not move forward with Landmark and/or Preferred Air, we still paid $70 for this to happen to us. We are in possession of a written notification from Landmark stating "Approved - Tankless Water Heater: Full Replacement." Finally, Landmark sent a final email claiming that the Dispatch Ticket has been completed, but we (more importantly our young children) still dont have hot water.

Hi Judy,
Thank you so much for providing additional feedback and a rating of your Landmark services. We are glad to have you as a valued homeowner. Your opinions matter, and we always appreciate feedback. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

Original review: May 9, 2017

When I bought my condo in AZ, the seller supplied me with a one year Landmark Home Warranty policy. I had some electrical problems and called Landmark. They contacted an electrical company for me and I had the problem fixed in no time. I was really impressed because they called the day after my repair to make sure everything was working OK. Great company.

Hi Laurence,
I am very sorry to hear about the experience with the toilet repair. I can see how frustrating that would be. I am happy to have this service request reviewed on your behalf. Please email me directly if you would like to pursue a review. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations this time. We do value you as a Landmark Home Warranty homeowner. I hope you will allow us to provide a great service experience in the future.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I submitted claims to Landmark over the phone and the technicians who they sent out have been very good. They repaired my air conditioner several times since it always breaks especially that we live in Texas and it gets to be a 100. However, three weeks ago, I submitted a claim online and Landmark called me back immediately to tell me it wouldn’t be covered. The toilet was rocking and they said since it’s not faulty. I said, “But it’s not supposed to rock,” and the rep said, “Well, it has to be leaking.” I called my own plumber and he said he’s never heard of a home warranty company that did not cover it. The flange was completely broken and it was just a matter of time that it would have been leaking all over the toilet. I sent them an email and told them I was not happy with their decision to not cover it and they just said sorry. I'm so frustrated with Landmark now but it’s been good apart of that.

Mike,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am very sorry that you have had this frustrating experience. Often we find that when a warranty is purchased, the details of the warranty are not explained in full. I would be happy to have a member of our team research into the events that took place. I do hope that at the end of the review you would better understand the contract, as we do cover for many items. Please contact me directly should you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you. Elise Nye | enye@landmarkhw.com |

Original review: May 7, 2017

We purchased a house here in Las Vegas back in January 2017. At the time we requested a home warranty to cover all major items on the house. The sellers agreed and when we went we went to escrow. I was told that our saltwater pool was an add-on and that we could cover the pool spa and all "pool equipment" for an addition fee which we paid. We moved into the house and never thought any more about it.

A couple of months later the ice maker failed. I called Landmark and though the policy said they covered ice makers it didn't mean stand-alone and that was an additional add-on. So I gave up on them and just paid to have it repaired myself. A couple of weeks ago the company who services my pool told me that though the salt level in the pool was good but the pool was not generating enough chlorine so I again reach out to Landmark who told me that if the salt part of the system wasn't working they didn't cover the salt system as that was an add-on to the add-on I already paid for. I then asked them what is covered and after listening to them I learned several other items. Our casita, septic tank was also not covered. But they won't let you cover those items until your anniversary date which is 9 months away.

As to the saltwater pool issue they also told me to contact their contractor to confirm the issue on the salt cell which by my contract says 65 for a service call which when I called him and two days later he called back told me he was happy to come out for 95 dollars to confirm what my pool cleaning company believes the issue to be. So as I understand it now I don't have coverage for something I paid an add-on for which I understood would cover all pool equipment, the contractor is charging me more than the contracted rate to come out and you can't change things during the year. Well I don't know about others here but clearly Landmark is worthless in my opinion.

Hello James,
I apologize for the recent frustrations regarding your well pump. I am sorry that your claim did not go as expected. Your feedback is important to Landmark, and concern is not taken lightly. We always stick to the contract and all covered items every time. We follow the procedures with each of our homeowners to be equitable in every situation. I do understand that it can be frustrating to have extra costs that you did not expect. I know it can be frustrating when something is not listed as a covered item under the warranty. I understand that this situation has been inconvenient for you. We honestly do our best to take care of our homeowners.
Best,

Original review: May 7, 2017

I have been with Landmark Home Warranty since October and it was recommended by a lender. Submitting a claim has been good. I usually do it over the phone and my most recent claim was for an air conditioner. Within that week that I called, the techs were able to come and fix it. It has been good dealing with the claims rep and the techs. However, we had an issue with our well pump and we didn't know that it wasn't covered until we tried to have service on it and got charged for it.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 6, 2017

Received an email from LM after they saw my complaint. They have agreed that my case was not handled correctly and under the contract, I was to receive a comparable refrigerator based on capacity. I was offered more money and am very happy with the amount and quick response I got from them. They did stand by their contract even if it did have to go to the complaint stage. Thank you Landmark for honoring your contract.

Kara,

I am glad that we were able to resolve the issue at hand. Landmark tries very hard to abide by the contract in every circumstance. However we do understand that mistakes happen. We hope that in the future you do not have this problem again. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you. Candace Parke | cparke@landmarkhw.com |

Original review: May 4, 2017

First off, I have used Landmark for 3 years and have been very happy with the speed of service and contractors used for repairs. Recently, however, I have had another experience with a refrigerator that could not be repaired. When I first called, a contractor was quickly dispatched and determined the problem. They said they would have to submit to LM due to the cost. I had to make calls in order to find out the status as no one called me. It was, finally, determined that it needed to be replaced but LM's vendor did not have the same make/model so they would do a "cash out" for a comparable one.

I was at work and was not able to open the link showing the comparable fridge but the amount offered me seemed to be low. I asked the service mgr what if I did not agree on the amount. She stated the ticket would be closed so I would, essentially, get nothing. Feeling a little pressured, I said okay. Once I got home and opened the link, I found the "comparable" to be a 17.5 cubic ft and mine is 24.8... almost 1/3 larger capacity. I tried calling this service mgr back but only got VM. I called another service mgr I had on an email... VM. I left them both emails and voice messages. No response. I called the 800 number and spoke to another gentleman who was very nice but did inform me that the contract said LM did not have to match size… WOW.

So I looked at the contract and found that LM did not have to match dimensions but did have to match capacity which is the cubic foot. Called back and spoke to another gentleman who agreed but stated that once a ticket is closed, it is, essentially, done. So after a week with no fridge (important when you have animals who eat raw food so we are using lots and lots of ice), we went and purchased one the size we need even though the cash out from LM will be much lower. I feel a little like a bait and switch was pulled on me and employees are not knowledgeable of contract information.

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for taking a minute to share your experience with Landmark. I appreciate the kind remarks. I also appreciate the honest feedback about the contractors. All feedback is important to Landmark. We are always seeking to improve our homeowners experience, and need the good and the bad. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 27, 2017

I was impressed with the range of services that Landmark Home Warranty covers. I've been with other home warranty companies that didn't cover everything like the pre-season air and heating tune-up. I've also been with companies that were just horrible that they would deny the littlest of services. But, I haven't had that problem with Landmark. They raised the service visit fee recently but it's still reasonable.

Submitting a claim was easy. You go online for it, they call you quickly and let you know that your claim is being taken care of. My only complaint was a lot of times the contractors didn't respond in the time period that they're supposed to. Landmark gives me the contractors' phone number and I just contacted them. It depended on what it was, like the last one I used for my pre-season air-conditioning tune-up. He was a single guy and he had no office or staff. It was just him by himself, but he was very good and he responded quickly. For the most part, it was hit or miss with the contractors, depending on how busy they were. But Landmark Home Warranty has been really good.

Hi Joseph,
Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback regarding you A/C claim. This has been brought to the attention of our Claims Management Department for review. They will address this situation right away. I want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that our valued homeowners are taken care of within the warranty. My intentions are to truly provide a resolution for this situation. Your feedback is very important to Landmark Home Warranty and we do not take this issue lightly.

Original review: April 26, 2017

My AC started sounding funny, and thinking it may be an easy fix called out a contractor recommended by friends to take a look at the unit. The bullet points: the unit is molding (clearly from the prior owner), our coils are rusted, there may be a refrigerant leak, and it's a unit that uses a refrigerant no longer in production. Diagnosis: get a new unit. One problem: we recently bought the house and don't have the dough to pay for a new unit. Good news: we have a home warranty! Bad news: Landmark home warranty was our company.

So, what happened: shortly after speaking with the AC guy referenced above (as in within 24hrs), I call Landmark for service, costing me $70 for the service call. By Tuesday, April 11 someone is out from their contractor MD Ellis. They sent out someone newer to their company, of whom only took a look at the coils and stopped there (good thing I got a first opinion for less than $70). He claimed that they'd need to be replaced and I'd be required to fork out over $100 for refrigerant and something else not covered (I just checked and found out I purchased the platinum package, the one that covers refrigerators and freon recharges/recovery for AC). Before he left I made sure he checked other compartments of the unit where the mold could be found so that it could also be submitted.

Then I play the waiting game. Waiting to hear back on a resolution, or for my AC unit to completely die (which is imminent, and will become extremely unpleasant due to South Texas heat when it does). Thankfully, my unit hasn't died yet. I receive an email indicating some result was giving to Landmark and the only thing it said was wiring. So, I call the 800 number to find out what's going on with my claim. The short answer it was closed out by their contractor with no reason as to why it was closed out without any work getting done, and in order to get my AC fixed I have to pay another $70 to open another ticket. Landmark, I expected better service, especially since VA lender recommended you guys, and she was amazing. Now I'm just disappointed.

Hi Willie,
Thank you for taking a minute of your valuable time to share your experience with Landmark thus far. We are glad to have you as part of our Landmark family and will always do our best to take excellent care of you. Congratulations on your new house. While we hope you don't have any issues with your new home, we will be here for you and be an advocate for your needs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

Original review: April 26, 2017

The people I financed the house through chose Landmark Home Warranty for me and I've been with them for two months now. I submitted a claim over the phone just for changing my locks. Talking to their reps was good and they came through quickly. The only part I had to wait was because it was a weekend and the locksmith didn't show up until Monday morning. I talked to the locksmith and he was a nice, young fellow with very great attitude and knows his job. I have no problems so far and would recommend it to a friend.

Hi Joni,
Thank you for making the suggestion on upgrading. I will be sure to submit this suggestions to that department. I am so glad to hear that we have been taking good care of you. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 25, 2017

When I submit a claim to Landmark, I call and tell them what the problem is and their reps are great. They give me the name of the contractor who's going to fix it, I pay for it and the contractor comes out. It usually takes ten minutes for someone to get in touch with me about a repair. However, it would be a good idea that when the plan is bought, they give the homeowner the option to upgrade if possible. We closed the house in December, didn't move in until March and didn't know it was too late to upgrade by March.

Hi Joanne,
I want to assure you that we are always seeking to provide a positive experience within a timely manner. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to post. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 22, 2017

I needed to get a home warranty as I was buying a house. I went with Landmark and now, I usually call to submit a claim and I have good interactions with the representatives I speak with. The contractors get in touch promptly, within a day or two, and the technicians who come are good. I have a good experience with Landmark.

Jennifer Castillo,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you have had this experience. I will have this submitted for review right away to determine how we can best assist you. I understand that you are frustrated and we will do everything we can to assist. Landmark works to represent the warranty in the most equitable way possible to all homeowners. I will have someone make contact with you immediately after they have reviewed your claim.

Landmark Home Warranty

Original review: April 21, 2017

They have changed the policy from last year and are about to rip us off with having to replace a part in our AC unit that was covered last year and now it's only a percentage per pound. Also they will replace the coil for the freon but not the freon test and they don't cover the outlets that face the outside just the ones on the inside. They have changed it all and I renewed with the understanding that it would be the same plan as the last year. I asked to see my plan from last year and they stated they didn't have it on file. I will never use this company again!

Hi Brian,
Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to share specific details of your claim experiences. We value all types of feedback, and are the first to admit there is always room for improvement. This type of honest feedback is the greatest catalyst for change. I know your time is valuable and I want to assure you that the details of this feedback will be shared with the appropriate departments. We are committed to you satisfaction and appreciate your patience as we work hard to improve our service. Thank you for choosing to be part of our Landmark Family! Should you ever have additional concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 20, 2017

Submitting a claim with Landmark was pretty good. It was fairly easy to get a hold of them and talk to them about it. Our claim was for the garage door because it didn't want to open. It kept getting stuck so I had them send somebody out to look at it. However, there were slightly frustrating things in the process. For instance, I added my wife the very first time I called so that she could make phone calls after that because it's hard for me to make them sometimes while I'm at work, but they didn't add her. So when she called back in later, I had to add her again and that was quite annoying.

Another thing was when my wife called to get an idea of what they would cover and what they wouldn't, they told her that one of the things we need to get taken care of was not covered. But when she looked it up online, she found that it was. She then called them back and they're supposed to be getting back to us about it. That was a bit frustrating. In general, though, their customer service has been pretty good and they've been easy to talk to.

Also, their technician called me. He then told us what we needed to know about the door and what would need to be done. It worked out well. He was in and out pretty quick and he was straightforward with us, which we appreciated. The garage door hasn't been repaired yet because all the things that were broken on it are not covered by the warranty. We are working out what needs to be done in the meantime. It does work now that things are warming back up, but it would have a problem when it gets very cold. We've only had Landmark this last year and they're friendly and quick to work with. We've had to call back about things every once in awhile.

Hi Malinda,
Thank you for providing this feedback on your recent dishwasher claim. I appreciate you providing contact details, so we may review your concerns. I am sorry for the frustration regarding this request. This will be reviewed and you will be contact by a manager.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Dishwasher broke a couple weeks after buying a home. They denied the claim stating pre-existing damage. So if you happen to be stuck with this sub-par warranty company (there's a reason why after 400+ reviews it doesn't even average 4 stars but realtors keep using them for some reason) just make sure that your appliance only breaks after a few months. My home inspection report even listed it as a working dishwasher. Paid $60 to have someone tell me what parts it needed only to get denied. Should I have waited another month or two to report it? Very disappointed.

Hi Jeff,
Glad to hear we got to keep you as a valued Landmark home owner! I appreciate you taking some of your time to share your feedback. We love to hear our homeowner's stories and are committed to providing the best service in the industry. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

Original review: April 19, 2017

When we were renting, one of our landlords had Landmark and it seemed that they were on top of everything. It’s only been about six months since I've had Landmark and my experience with them has been so far, good. I’ve submitted three claims, which include one for the toilet and another for the air-conditioner, and the claims process is simple. I call them and their claims reps are courteous. The technicians are great as well. Landmark takes care of me and they are pretty prompt in taking care of whatever issues that arise.

Hi Arnold,
Thank you for posting your feedback! I love to hear this type of experience. It's especially great to hear that you have been a part of the Landmark Family for several years. We are glad to have you and we will always do everything we can to take good care of you! I really appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Consumer Affairs. Should you ever have concerns with your service experience, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. We want every valued homeowner to have a ‘5 star’ experience.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 12, 2017

We got Landmark Home Warranty shortly after we moved, so it’s been renewed for four years. They have been very responsive. I’ve submitted a couple of claims over the years and there has never been a problem. It’s always been taken care of very promptly, and the agents they’ve sent out to do the repairs have been fine especially this last. They came out to do the air-conditioning checks. They’ve all been pretty good with it. They told me what he did and how everything looked and how he tested it. They really paid attention to what they were doing.

We did have a problem right after we moved in with the control unit on one of the ovens. They came out and they took care of it, too. A couple of years ago, there was one fellow who came out for the air-conditioning check and noticed some things that were getting ready to go. And since it was approaching the summer, he felt some things should be taken care off. And he called them right on the spot and got authorization and took care of it.

Hello Rakesh,
I apologize for the frustrations associated with your plumbing claim.Thank you for providing Landmark Home Warranty with this feedback. This issue has been brought to the attention of our Operations Department. They will address this situation with the associates and contractors involved. We apologize about any delays or disappointments in service and want to assure you that management is doing everything possible to ensure that a situation like this does not occur again. We always seek to provide a positive experience in a timely manner for our homeowners. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

enye@landmarkhw.com

Original review: April 11, 2017

I contacted Landmark regarding a plumbing issue in the evening. I had a broken shower handle with a running shower and we could not locate the main water shutoff valve. They assigned me a plumber in the morning, but the plumber was unreachable. Landmark Customer Service refused to reassign the ticket to another plumber that would be open at 9 am -- per policy I have to wait till 3-5 hours after the office opens for the plumber to contact me. In all I spent 1 hour talking to at least 4 different people trying to schedule a plumber visit and the earliest they could get me a plumber was 48 hours after I reported the issue. I reached out to another plumber in the area and got it fixed in 1 hour. Landmark used to be a great firm, but over the years their service has deteriorated - limited coverage, rude customer service.

Sam,

I am sorry that you have had this experience with Landmark. I would like to get this reviewed right away. Our homeowners are the best catalyst for change, and it is your honest reviews that help us to do so. I will have my associate review this immediately for you. You will be contacted within 24 hours.

Landmark

Original review: April 5, 2017

We bought a house and the seller provided Landmark as the home warranty service. The first claim I submitted to them was about the condensation on one of the air conditioning units and that was not a covered expense because it was not an integral part of the air conditioning unit. But later on, we had another condensation problem that arose with that same air conditioning unit. We filed our second claim for the smaller direct pan which is an integral part to the unit itself. But even though we showed and clearly demonstrated that it was an integral part, the Landmark, in violation of the contract did not cover it. It was about a $600 expense.

A couple of months after that, we had another claim. The element went out on our water heater. However, they told us that they don't cover 80-gallon water heaters. They had a guy come out and look at it and told us that the element cannot be removed because it has so much calcium that are built up on it. We called another plumber and he didn't have any trouble at all changing the element. He told me that there were no tool marks on the original element and that the guy that Landmark had sent out had not even attempted to remove the element. He was just trying to sell us a brand-new water heater.

There was one item that was clearly covered in the contract that they refused to honor so I've been really tempted to write a letter to the AG's office. It's just not worth it to take them to small claims for over $600 repair. Also, we asked multiple times for a contract during the early part of the coverage and what they sent us was a one-sheet outline of what was covered and what was not. But that's not what we want. We want a copy of the contract. And after we were so disgusted with them after the water heater incident, they finally emailed us a copy of the contract. We have not been happy with Landmark because they have not honored the terms of their own contract. And as soon as the 1-year period is up, we're going to go to somebody else.

Landmark Home Warranty Company Profile