2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

KitchenAid mixers are available in more than 40 colors. Select from tilt-head, mini-stand mixer and bowl-lift models or customize your own. The mixers have a capacity of up to 7 quarts. Attachments are also available to grind, peel and make pasta or ice cream. Find KitchenAid mixers online or at retailers across the United States.

KitchenAid Mixers Learn More

Unsubscribe at any time.

KitchenAid Mixers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Mixers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Mixers?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

For the past few months I've been try to get refurbished mixer 7qt 1.3hp for my Mom. They told me to keep look online when they have it. So I've been look everyday for a couple of months and I found it but I place the order and then I find out few days later that they don't have it. Then I choose different color that one they have it. Guess what? They don't have it on stock again but if you go right now they still advertise it and say they have it online.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I never received my over $300 KitchenAid stand mixer (which, as other people have said, is incredibly overpriced since it can almost always be found at a lower price from third-party sellers). It was either stolen or misplaced by FedEx, and even though FedEx admitted that they had lost the package, KitchenAid customer service refused to help me in any way by replacing or refunding the mixer. After calling twice and waiting for nearly 2 hours on hold altogether, they basically told me it was my problem to deal with it. Regardless of what FedEx said happened, I never received/signed for/or saw my package and therefore I should be sent a new one. I don't know why that is so hard to accept. Bottom line, if you want a KitchenAid mixer, order it from a third party seller because if something goes wrong KitchenAid customer service WILL NOT HELP YOU. Or just buy another brand, like Cuisinart, Smeg, Bosch, or Ankarsrum.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Just bought a commercial mixer, will be returning and getting an Ankarsrum. First batch of dough, mixed on stir, couldn't even incorporate everything before it started slowing down and making noises. Never felt so belittled or stupid in my life. Used your mixers for years, on stir this thing should be able to mix through cement. Can't even get through a 5 cup batch of sourdough. Was told I don't know what I'm doing. Keep your trash heap of a mixer to yourselves if you can't bother to at least make up for terrible assembly by fixing a 3 DAY OLD MIXER. PS - I worked in kitchens for years as has my husband, I know how to operate a mixer. Every single KitchenAid item I own is being thrown out TODAY. If I don't light it on fire first.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I owned my Kitchenaid tilt head for 37 years. It just wore out. I bought a new one and immediately noticed the spring and washer was missing from the shaft. I was told it was “not needed and it allowed ease of cleaning”. The beater jumps all over the place without the tension of the spring. When you are scraping the beater, it comes off the shaft because there isn’t any tension to hold it tight. You buy a mixer based on how well it performs, not how easy you can wipe off the mixing shaft. I wish I had bought a different brand. Kitchenaid is not what it used to be.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I really liked my KitchenAid Classic mixer; however, when the plastic worm gear broke, I found out that KitchenAid does not supply parts for the mixer. This gear is designed to break in order to keep other parts from breaking if the mixer jams. That is good except that the aftermarket parts are not made to function as reliably as the original. The aftermarket gears will not handle the stress of kneading dough and have broken far more easily than the original. What happens? The plastic portion of the gear breaks free of the metal hub and the gear simply stays still while the hub spins. What is the effect? Your mixer will no longer be capable of kneading dough and other thick substances. I regret placing my confidence in KitchenAid when I purchased this mixer. I do NOT recommend you purchase one; visit the KitchenAid site to see for yourself to find repair parts.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I bought a stand up mixer online with an estimated delivery day of 04/09/20. I also received an email saying it was shipped. When I didn't receive the order I called KitchenAid and they told me it was ready to ship but they could not tell me "when it will be actually ship". I then asked to cancel the order and I was told that they can't because it was ready to be ship, but they don't know when they will ship it. That is ridiculous. They lied about the delivery day, they never ship it and now they can't cancel because "it is ready to ship???" Worst customer service, They are quick to get your money but they will not fulfill the orders you paid already. That is theft and false advertisement. They also disconnected the order status page so you can't check any progress on the order. Worst company. I will never buy anything from this company again.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

The coating on the mixer attachments comes off and gets all over my hands. When you use the mixer that coating gets into the mix. I have been given almost every excuse from KitchenAid as to why this has happened and none of them is their fault. They even told me the coating is FDA approved and will not harm you if it gets into the food... REALLY!!!. Who wants that in their food? I have already ordered new attachments elsewhere but really bothered that they didn’t help solve the issue. I don’t want it for free but you have a issue with your product.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I ordered my stand mixer during Black Friday online. That same day I walked into a Best Buy and saw the same exact mixer for $120 off. I called KitchenAid the next business day to see if they would honor the price difference and even provided proof of it and they said they could not and just told me to send it back. What a way to keep a lifelong customer... Now it is the middle of January and I have yet to receive my refund. I have called 5-6 time and always get the same answer. "Nothing I can do. It's in our warehouse, they have to issue the refund."

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Electric shock twice. I read booklet, attached the whisk and added my ingredients to the bowl. Started up fine. The First first shock came shortly after. The mixer was still mixing and I touched the top. I jumped and I turned it off and unplugged it. Thought maybe it was me. Started it up again. Was stirring away. I turned it off and lifted the top. Was trying to get mixture from the whisk and felt another stronger shock. This was while the mixer was turned off.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I recently ordered a KitchenAid mixer as a gift. Since the gift was not for someone in my immediate family, my billing address and my shipping addresses were different. The website actually offers to have you buy a product as a gift, and since many gifts are purchased for people who do not live at my address, it never occurred to me that it would not be possible to pay for a product and have it sent to its recipient at a different address. Apparently, for Kitchenaid, this circumstance is one of several that will bump your order into a "possibly fraudulent situation" that will put your order on an indefinite hold. I was sent a generic email five days after placing the order that said my order was not shipped and would not ship until further notice and there was no way to tell when or if this order would be filled. It didn't indicate my name or order number or product ordered. I called Kitchenaid directly and was put on hold for 38 minutes.

When a customer service representative answered, she could not give me any information other than the same information in the email -- that yes, I had placed an order but there was no way to tell where the product was or when or if it could be delivered. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The customer service supervisor explained that our order had been sent to their fraud department for one of many reasons. Our order could have contained an incorrectly spelled name, or we could have entered a zip code incorrectly or "any number of reasons" but no reason that could be specifically attached to our order. Further, the fraud department was not reachable on the phone, ever, nor could she talk to them and she didn't know when or if she ever would be able to speak to them. Our only recourse was to wait for another generically sent email that would explain that our order was either sent through or cancelled.

The fraud department would have made their decision within 24 to 48 hours but the email of explanation would take up to four days. At this point, it has been five days. One of my biggest problems is that the customer service representatives were unhelpful, unable to confirm or explain what was going on with the order and, although the company said they hadn't charged my card, they actually have. The money is out of my account and I have no product and no order delivery time or date. It has been explained to me by customer service that I could be a scammer, she used those words exactly, and that all of this vague information was for my protection. This is ridiculously poor customer service. I should be able to expect a company that has taken funds from my account to be able to tell me where the product I purchased is and when it will arrive. I went through three phone calls and three people before finally cancelling my order.

The last person I spoke with was able to explain the order process and where our order seemed to have been delayed. She did suggest cancelling the order and beginning again at a somewhat later date. Apparently engraving (which we had ordered on our Kitchenaid mixer) is not always available, so if we wait to re-order, engraving might not be available. Honestly, I would order through a third party company with reliable and good customer service. We, literally, spent three hours on the phone, most of it on hold, in order to cancel an order that was placed five days ago. Considering how much commerce happens on the internet, Kitchenaid needs to up their game considerably.

KitchenAid Mixers Company Information