KitchenAid Mixers
  • 1 star
Based on 120 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

KitchenAid Mixers

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

271 KitchenAid Mixers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I bought the mixer and juicer attachment online. I registered the products on their website. The juicer failed to work the 2nd time. I called KitchenAid. They told me to email the receipt to them. No reply. Called again and they told me they don't honor warranty if products were bought from 3rd party retailer. I went on to ask what is not 3rd party. The rep told me if you buy from KitchenAid directly or Target, it's good. Otherwise, it's not their business. I went on again and asked when should I register the product. The rep told me it doesn't matter if you register or not. They just would not do anything. The juicer attachment is just 2 months old and was used for 2 times.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I placed an order through their TV promotion and within minutes I was very uncomfortable with the purchase. The girl on the line basically knew nothing about the product (Artisan Mixer) or company. She kept placing me on hold and had to ask someone else the answers to my questions. I was never given a confirmation number or an account number or anything pertaining to my purchase. I spent the next 3 hours trying to cancel my purchase.

I was given numerous reasons why people could cancel it. 1 was because I didn't have an account number, the other was no one could locate it, after 3 people. Could not locate me I really became nervous. I tried several numbers to KitchenAid AKA Whirlpool and the one that most of them kept telling me was that because it was ordered through the television ad that "They" KitchenAid could not cancel it. I was on the phone literally for 3 hours. Not that anyone cares, but my mother just passed away and I am very ill and am not supposed to get stressed out. I have never been treated so poorly and rudely by a company in my life.

I finally contacted their corporate offices in Michigan and explained to the extremely grumpy woman at the switchboard for the umpteenth time not to transfer me to their rude customer service dept. She put me through to Anderson ** whom is part of the "Executive Staff". He actually acted like he cared, listened to me and said he would have it fixed for me by noon, gave me his number and said if he didn't call by then to call him. Of course he didn't so I called today and he called me back with not so great news, his words. He told me the same thing that the last three or 4 people had told me yesterday "I would have to accept the appliance and send it back." I got extremely mad and said, "No absolutely not." He then said the same thing. We have no way of stopping it because of the other company.

I then called another number and got the billing dept of what I thought was this "Other" company. She told me I couldn't cancel it. I asked if this was the TV company and found out it was actually KitchenAid’s billing. I asked why I couldn't stop the purchase and she didn't know. She would have to ask. She came back on and said, "It’s in the fine print in the contract." I said I was never told about it, nor did I agree or sign a contract. So it had nothing to do with the fact that it was bought through the TV like all those people said. I spent over 4 hours on the phone being lied to berated, mistreated, hung up on and transferred to wring departments. Never ever will I purchase a KitchenAid or Whirlpool product since Whirlpool owns KitchenAid.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

4 of these mixers (Kitchenaid Professional Series 600) in one year have died. Upon inspection it is the same exact gear damage in every single mixer that abruptly stops working. Do not buy this. Ever. Not even for home use.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I have a 4.5 qt. Stand mixer. I make bread, pizza dough, noodles, cookies etc. with my mixer. Because it has smaller motor I have to keep speed down but it has always been awesome! I sell KitchenAid mixers at work and I just want to say that if you have rebate issues with a brick and mortar store you should go into the store. We make it right for our customers! Another reason to shop at the store and not online!

Original review: April 30, 2017

We had a Professional 600 Pro Mixer for about 15 years. It worked great for a long time. It walked off the counter and broke. I bought a new one in January of 2016. The power switch would intermittently fail to turn on, so I sent it back for a new one. The new one only worked for about 1 year. The gear stripped and it would not mix. I sent that one back for a refurb. It lasted about 3 months and started making loud grinding noises. I sent it back for another refurb and it failed to turn on at all after one week. I will ask for a refund this time. If they don't give it to me, I will request a fifth unit. They have been standing behind their product and I haven't had to pay return shipping. But this is getting ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: April 24, 2017

KitchenAid countertop mixer is not great or long lasting. It began leaking oil, that would drip into food, sent it back for repairs that cost $126.80 and once again it is leaking oil, actually leaking more than before repairs. KitchenAid's response/instructions/options to me were the same as before. Only this time they say if oil drips into food it is not harmful. I have no intention of spending more money on this mixer or serving/eating food that oil has leaked into. My husband and I are no longer KitchenAid customers. We are former unhappy customers.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I received a Pro600 Design Series mixer with glass bowl for Christmas two Christmases ago - I will say it looks absolutely beautiful sitting on the counter! HOWEVER, the amount of time I spend constantly scraping down the sides of the bowl is ridiculous! Not one beater/whisk/bread hook reaches the bottom of the bowl and I end up hand mixing at the end just to get all the ingredients incorporated! In addition, the bowl is so unwieldy that you can hardly pick it up to empty the contents! And to add another bowl to my inventory is ridiculously expensive! Totally unsatisfied and I cannot say how much I really HATE this mixer - would never recommend it to anyone!

Original review: March 18, 2017
I gave away my Sunbeam Mixmaster that I used for 20 years (still working) to buy a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer. The first mixer didn't work at all right out of the box and had to be returned to the store. The second mixer has lasted less than 2 years. The motor seized up completely while performing a relatively

light duty task. I would have to pack it up and pay to send it away to be repaired, an expensive proposition considering how heavy it is. I decided to purchase another Mixmaster instead. A quarter of the price and a better bet in my book.

Original review: March 14, 2017

After reading & watching so many online reviews all over the web about the KA mixers, I'm simply shocked reading this site that was sent to me. We are buying a second KA for the vacation home & everywhere else KA is sold it's great reviews and they don't match this website at all? Lol. I gotta say after reading most all of these reviews on this site on mixers it seems many may be operator error caused by people buying the wrong machine to start with for the task at hand but most definitely many are likely union issues at Whirlpool / KA here too?

I'll give it a benefit of doubt I guess as several here are for 250-325 watt mixers failing to do breads and that is expected. If you're doing breads quite often It should be with their larger 500-600 watt units for sure. Even though the Classic & Artisan can be used for this job KA specifies this to be "occasionally" not routinely on them so simply knowing the units limits will keep it lasting decades. We have had the Artisan a long while now without any problems whatsoever, we also have a KA toaster & a refrigerator that all work perfectly. My fridge is 7-8 years old now, never a problem one.

Now fwiw I worked at Whirlpool for many years, union man born & raised so I'm no hater. But unions used to be able to simply strike without job loss until Reagan got in, after he got in our unions have been forced to do in house strikes to settle contract disputes. Production ran very slow, lines stopped quite often, production problems were on every line as parts ran out & every excuse heard of is used against unions & the company to lever towards better contracts. Sadly that is all that matters at times, customers are forgotten by many but in most cases believe it or not few bad parts ever leave the buildings. They just pile up at the end of assembly lines for repair.

Quality control is good at their jobs & catch almost everything but sometimes the parts do get out. The end result sometimes is bad even if everyone gets what they want. There are lousy & less products sold, job losses and bad reviews written by union members get left on the net even though they know the products they make themselves are outstanding. It can get really bad for all sides is really what happens and most times one bad thing even starts miles of lawsuits from every direction thinkable right in the midst of it all and all heck starts. To see how bad some unions really can get at times type the below phrase into Google without the parentheses then start clicking and reading the links that pull up --- (Toyota Take Down Firestone Revisited).

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I don't usually take the time to review products but my experience was so unpleasant that I felt I need to document it. I purchased a KitchenAid mixer (Artisan) because they offered a $50 rebate. Some weeks after I submitted all the paperwork to the rebate dept they sent a postcard saying that I had sent the wrong version of the serial number and code. I had sent one that was on a sticker on the product and they wanted the one cut out from the box, which by the time they wrote to me was thrown away.

Despite it giving the same information and it being clear from all my other documentation that I had purchased their product, they said the instructions had a picture of a scissors and said the word "packaging" so they would not accept the sticker version and denied me the rebate. They also said that in order for me to have the warranty on the product I needed the serial number sticker which they now had (they asked for all originals no copies). When I asked for it back in order to be able to use my warranty they refused and said it was now their property. So not only did they find a nonsense way to avoid honoring my rebate but they actually have made it impossible for me to utilize the warranty on the product. It goes beyond petty and dishonest. The rep was just plain aggressive and hostile.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I know folks have had horrid experiences with the mixer and customer service but I have had an incredible one myself so I want to let everyone know. I purchased Model KSM150PSCU stand mixer from Crate and Barrel in Boston. A couple of months into use the bowl would come loose if the dough was slightly stiff while the machine was in use. This was a huge issue and I called KitchenAid Customer Service. They sent me a brand new bowl and paid for shipping. The lady who helped me was most gracious and nice and apologized. The new bowl came, I put it in and everything worked well for some time (4 months) and yes... you guessed it. The bowl came loose yet again. This happened right after my warranty expired.

So here I am again with customer service. I talked with yet another nice lady. I explained to her the whole history and how disappointed I was that I was having the same problem again. I asked her if they would send me a new clamp assemble at the base of the stand as I suspected that may have been defective. The customer service lady said "I am so sorry you had so much trouble with your stand mixer. Can you wait for a few minutes and I will find a solution that will make you happy." Less than 2 minutes later she came back and said they are shipping a brand new stand mixer to me with all the accessories etc. 1 week later I got a brand new mixer at the apartment. They also sent me a return label postage prepaid and I simply placed the old mixer in the box and sent it back. How can I possibly not be happy! KitchenAid is a great company. I am very happy to write this review. At the end despite all my problems they took care of me. Thank You!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

In January of 2014 I purchased a KitchenAid Professional 600 Series mixer (Model No. KP26M1XBU5) for Christmas so she could make bread. Before she got a chance to use it, she was hit with a variety of medical crises. She said she would just continue to use her old mixer (which was smaller than the new one) until it broken. It finally broke last month, and on Christmas Day she took the new one out of the box to use it. After wiping the mixer down, she attempted to use the bowl lift and it broke the first time. While talking to customer service, she turned the mixer over to get the model and serial number and a metal part fell out the bottom which after doing research online we determined to be the bowl lift arm.

What it appears to have happened is the clip that holds the bowl lift rod in place with the bowl lift arm was not included, so when she attempted to use the bowl lift for the first time the rod slipped out. She called customer service back, thinking that they would fix the problem since the product was obviously defective. Instead, they "graciously" offered to sell her a refurbished model at 25% off. The mixer we have is BRAND NEW even though it has been in the box for three years, yet because it is out of warranty they believe they have no obligation to stand behind their product. To say that I am underwhelmed with KitchenAid customer service is a colossal understatement.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I purchased a KitchenAid stand mixer as a Christmas gift for my married daughter. I purchased it from Kohl's which was promoting the product heavily as a Christmas gift. I was planning on getting a $30 rebate. I had the receipt and form ready. However the rebate ended on 12/27. The gift hadn't even been opened yet. When I called the rebate center to ask about an extension they were rude and said no exceptions. I said so my only choice was to give a gift with the box cut apart to get the required UPC code. They said yes. I said that would be tacky. They said if I wanted the $30 rebate I had no choice. I also said the company strongly promoted their products as Christmas gifts yet the deadline was only two days later. Rebates being offered currently go from early December to the end of January. I would not recommend this company solely based on poor customer service over the phone.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

For years I wanted to get my wife a KitchenAid mixer. After shopping for a good deal I finally purchased for Christmas 2014. Here we are, December 2016 and the beautiful red Artisan mixer is essentially a high priced boat anchor. Gears are thrashed & this machine has been used probably 30 times total. Called KitchenAid customer service, oh my, what a joke, they pretty much know that their product is inferior and then want you to spend $95.00 getting it back to them and have them evaluate the problem. The repair bill is estimated to be up to $250 and then we would have another 18 month machine. No thank you.

GOOD NEWS... We purchased a Kenmore Elite mixer on sale for $175.00, it comes with a 3 year warranty, more powerful motor, and ALL OF THE KITCHENAID ATTACHMENTS FIT RIGHT ON TO THE ATTACHMENT HUB on the Kenmore Elite. I hope my comments help someone make the decision to not purchase the very inferior KitchenAid mixer, the company is not the same as the original, wonderful mixer that lasted decades (HOBART). The brand was purchased by Whirlpool and has since become JUNK.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

What if you're like me and you only wanted the mixer for bread making, and the hooks that come with it were not the ones that are suppose to come with it? I called customer service and she confirmed that they were the wrong dough hooks. So I asked if I could send them back, "No, but you can order new ones." "Okay how much is that going to be?" "14.95 each" I'm not spending $30 dollars plus shipping, for their mistake. I'll just keep mixing by hand thank you. To be fair, the lady I talked to was nice, she was just doing her job.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I had wanted a KitchenAid stand mixer for many years but just didn't want to spend the high dollar for it. Eventually I found a great deal and bought one. So happy with the color I chose and so excited to have it. UNTIL... after light use, a few cakes and a couple cookie batches, it started clunking and grease ran out of it. Then just stopped working altogether. Never again KitchenAid! These mixers are now a huge ripoff!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I think everyone who is spending hundreds on a mixer should know that KitchenAid will not replace or service their products after the one year warranty. As the other reviewers state even with machines found to be defective you are out of luck and your money. My paddle attachments have chipping paint after a few years' use. I feel that is a potential health hazard. They can only give a discount on new attachments. The motor is also noticeably working harder and the lock will not stay locked when kneading dough. The service rep was nice on the phone.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

My husband purchased the KitchenAid mixer for me. We waited 3 years before we felt we were financially able to purchase one. I especially wanted it for the rebate going on in Costco for a free ice cream attachment. My father is on dialysis and his health isn't doing well, so I was in another state for the past couple of weeks. I thought the last day of the mail-in rebate was the last day of November, but when we came back to our apartment we saw that the 29th was the last day. We were really disappointed but had hope that KitchenAid might make an exception for just another day. We called, and they refused to work with us. It got me thinking that if anything happens to the KitchenAid, they will probably provide poor customer service.

Then when I came onto this website and saw the bad reviews, it really solidified our position. My husband does not want to give his money to KitchenAid anymore and we are returning the KitchenAid to Costco because now it is forever associated with bad customer service. I'm very disappointed. I was prepared to be a lifelong customer. Not only that, but I like to recommend products to people because I like to test out different products. Customer service is a huge part of customer experience. Brands are lifelong and get passed onto children, and I'm not prepared to do that with KitchenAid since I always take customer service into account.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I purchased a KitchenAid stand mixer at Kohl's. I used it only a couple of times when I noticed gouges where the head lifts up from the base. We took it back to Kohl's and they were terrific about it and replaced it for me. While we were waiting for them to check on the color that I wanted, Aqua Sky, I looked at the ones that were on display... there were 7, 5 of those 7 on display at the store had gouges in the same spot as the one I had just returned. I just happen to have my camera in my purse, so I took photos of all 5 scratched mixers. I already had a photo of the one that I returned. When we brought the new one home and took it out, it also had scratches in the same place. I called KitchenAid and spoke to a rep and she said they would send me a new one. I told her about the photos that I took, she didn't even want to hear it. So, a couple of weeks ago, we received the new mixer, it looked like there were no scratches.

Today was the first day that I went to make cookies. After lifting the head and bringing it back down, there it was, a SCRATCH!!! I continued to make my cookie dough. All of a sudden, the metal piece on the front of the mixer fell into my batter. I dug it out, and then I noticed that my batter had black in it. I scrapped the dough... washed the mixer bowl for the second time, made a new batch of dough, and once again, black in the dough. Right now the bowl is in the dishwasher, and I'm using my vintage Sunbeam mixer to do my baking today.

I put in another call to KitchenAid and I'm waiting for a callback. I was so excited to get this mixer and it's turned into a big headache!!! I also sent in a rebate and was told in a letter that I wasn't eligible. That same day that I bought the first mixer, I bought a second one as a gift... I hate to even think of someone that I give this to having as many problems as I'm having!!! I haven't yet taken a photo of the scratch on my 3rd mixer!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I'm saddened to read of all the horrid experiences people are having with KitchenAid products. I'm specifically writing to partly compliment the company (as it used to be) and maybe to explain some of the more recent disappointments. KitchenAid was started in 1919 by the Hobart Corporation. I have the heavy-duty Hobart KitchenAid K-5A stand mixer, which has served faithfully since about 1970. I would be lost without it! I'm actually trying to find someone who "tunes up" these mixers, because it could probably use a little TLC, and I'll happily pay the equivalent of a new one to have my old workhorse keep on going. I also have a KitchenAid refrigerator, which I bought in 1987 for $1,000 (a lot of money then, "top of the line"). Seriously! It is still in my kitchen chugging along! That's the good stuff, though.

The KitchenAid story continues... In 1986 Whirlpool Corporation purchased the KitchenAid company, so - effectively - in my mind the products are now actually "Whirlpool". I'm sure if I'd purchased my fridge a year or two later, it would now be long dead (I'm guessing in 1987 it was still the "old" quality stock.). It's too bad the quality of the company as it existed for so many years is no more, and the current owners are still riding on (and apparently ruining) the reputation of the original KitchenAid (Hobart) company and products. I can't come to any other conclusion, but it really isn't the same company we used to know.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I always wanted a KitchenAid mixer, but we could never afford one. We were at a used electronics store and there was one sitting there for $35! It happened to be Mother's Day weekend, so my husband grabbed it. I don't know how old it is, but it was definitely old when we got it and I've had it for 8 years now. I use it several times a week, usually for bread dough, and have never had any issues.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

My KitchenAid mixer has stopped working after 6 years of LIGHT use. It was used maybe once a month and stored under a dust cloth in a cabinet. I contacted customer service and they want me to purchase shipping to their service center for $42 and pay $50 to diagnose the problem. I asked how a lightly used mixer that was meticulously cared for could stop working in such a short period of time. The rep said that sometimes mixers break and it is not due to use or care. Since their mixers break regardless of use or care (per rep) then apparently the company has a quality control issue. I asked for a free diagnostic of my mixer. The company refused any responsibility since the mixer was more than one year old.

The company admitted to me the MIXERS ROUTINELY BREAK DUE TO THE POOR QUALITY but insisted that it was my responsibility to fix it. They expect $92 to diagnose a mixer that was HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS new (and not very old) and even more money to fix the problem (repairs cost $50+). So I am supposed to pay $150++ to repair a $300 mixer that is practically new??? STAY AWAY FROM KITCHENAID PRODUCTS!! Total junk! (I had a KitchenAid mini chopper that motor quit on me recently too- 1.5 years old and out of warranty) Never again.

Original review: April 24, 2016

My father gave me a KitchenAid mixer as a present for my birthday last year. I was really elated when I opened the box because I have been wanting to have one ever since. He got me the pink color and it made me more excited to use it because that is my favorite color. It even came with a booklet that contains delicious recipes that I can't wait to try. I used it already to bake my husband's favorite - banana bread and it didn't disappoint. The batter was mixed thoroughly in a matter of just a few minutes. I'm looking forward to using it again.

Original review: April 23, 2016

I got this KA Stand Mixer about 3 years ago and very seldom use it. For the first year, it worked fine; however, since about 2 years ago, every time I use it, the motor gets really hot. I don't use this often, not even once every 3-4 months. And today, I'm in the mood of making bread and in the middle of process suddenly it stopped. I can't believe this mixer with its price only lasts less than 3 years, especially for me who probably only use it 3-4 times a year. Very disappointed.

Original review: April 16, 2016

I paid $600.00 for a KitchenAid Mixer at Kohl's, and it broke down 1.5 years later. Of course, the company will not back it as the warranty is for 1 year. I chose to order the parts and fix it myself with my husband, who is a mechanic. The repaired unit lasted 10 months. Same problem. Are they using cheap metal parts or what? My suggestion to anyone buying one in the future, get the extended warranty or find another brand. Check the reviews on stuff before buying. My first mixer lasted 35 years, and I used it for making bread weekly for all those years. Their customer service treated me like I was an inexperienced idiot, and didn't know how to use it.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I spent the money and bought the 600 for the power because I make bread. The machine was made in 2014. I've had it for 9 months. Gear box burned out because they are made of very soft metal. I have only used it in the house for light duty. Customer service for KitchenAid was terrible. No warranty, no help. When did this company go so far down the tubes? 6 months out of a $600 mixer! Stay away from this garbage!!!

Original review: March 31, 2016

I am a disappointed user of the KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer. Ever since its purchase in 2015 January I have had to call the company for one repair or the other. It moves and wobbles while mixing. The screws keep falling out.

Original review: March 27, 2016

My KitchenAid mixer was not worth the money. It shakes when using it. The pin located in the back of the head keeps coming out. You have to keep adjusting each attachment when you use them, and it gets really hot when you use it for a period of ten minutes. Warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on. This company should BACK their products, especially when the price is so extreme and consumers try to purchase "name brand" appliances assuming they would last. I am so very disappointed with KitchenAid. The quality of KitchenAid is so poor that I wouldn't take a new one IF you even offered a significant discount! I rarely use mine, maybe once a month, and to have it act up like this is not acceptable...

Original review: March 1, 2016

Do not let the "KitchenAid" brand fool you! I've gone through TWO of the exact same mixers, both only lasted 1.5 years and both broke the same way! When my first mixer (KitchenAid professional 600) broke only 1.5 years into using it, KitchenAid customer service offered me to pay $150.00 to send a replacement mixer. They said this mixer must have been defective. I was not impressed to pay the $150.00 for a company error such as a defective product. This should have been their responsibility to stand behind their product! I paid the $150.00 for the replacement mixer, which I was assured would not happen again. Not only did the exact same issue happen again, it actually lasted the exact same amount of time - 1.5 years! How this company gets by selling an $800.00 mixer that completely breaks down within 1.5 years (half a year outside of the warranty by the way), is beyond me.

So we phoned KitchenAid customer service once again explaining everything expecting them to replace this faulty product. Not only did they not offer to fix it, or replace it, or for me to pay $150.00 for a new one, but they offered 15% off a new mixer! Why would I spend another 800$ on a NEW KitchenAid product KNOWING it only lasts 1.5 years and KNOWING how terrible they treat their customer and their own company doesn't even stand behind their products. By 'breaking down' I mean it completely stops mixing and makes a loud sound as if the motor is breaking down. It is completely useless. I own a custom cake company and we used it for icings & small batch batters in addition to our larger mixer. Never used it for anything strenuous like bread or pizza dough (although you would hope it could handle that also - it does come with a bread hook after all).

I will never buy another KitchenAid product ever again, I strongly DO NOT recommend this product! I'm sure KitchenAid has other products that work fine, however, after experiencing their useless terrible customer service I will never trust their brand on another product. If they can't even stand behind their product(s)/brand then how can you feel good about buying it? The second you have a problem - they're gone!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

KitchenAid MixMaster keeps falling apart and dropping globs of black grease into the food I am repairing. The part that holds the mixing heads on keeps dropping down during mixing. There appears to be nothing that holds it together. I own a very expensive piece of junk. I've only had it about a year, it was purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond. Very sad. I now need to find a brand that will make my life easier not more frustrating.

KitchenAid Mixers Company Information