Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Mixers Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

KitchenAid is well known for quality products but what they should be known for is terrible customer service. I’ve never had an experience as terribly as I did with the $400 mixer I just purchased. My husband and I had placed the order on the mixer last week, and it charged our card but never gave us a confirmation number. So I called their customer service hotline and got my confirmation number. The confirmation number sent by their representative said the ETA of my FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR mixer would be today the 18th of February. Needless to say, my mixer never showed up and I was very concerned. So once again, I called KitchenAid’s hotline to figure out where my tracking number was so I could figure out where it was at. Well, they never completed my order processing. They charged me FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS and they didn’t even finish the processing. So I have no tracking number and my order was never in the system.

The representatives were trying to give a $50 store credit for their website as if I am ever going to order from them again. I told them I wanted expedited shipping but they insisted they do not offer it even though it was a failure on their part. I talked to a hateful supervisor who tried to inform me that THEIR website generates the dates and it is an estimated time, not an accurate time. But they NEVER HAD MY ORDER EVEN PROCESSED AFTER A WEEK. Their website is not my problem. I can’t fix it. Needless to say, I have a gift card I will never use and now I’m stuck waiting another 7-10 business days to receive my mixer because this company refuses to accept responsibility for their employees and help their customers who spend a great deal of money on their products.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Kitchenaid product quality really seem to be going downhill. My stand mixer keeps going after being turned off. It must be unplugged to stop. Very inconvenient. Blades do not touch sides and bottom of bowl. You must buy a special blade if you want it to. What??? Food sprays all over when using this so I must put it in a deep sink if I want to use it without getting food all over. These are quite expensive given they can't adequately do the job they're intended for.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Purchased mixer Nov. 29, 2017. December 5, 2018 was in process of mixing ingredients for making bread when a screw fell out of the mixer head. When I attempted to place screw, the pin holding the mixer head to shaft fell out - could not get it back in place. Tried to contact KitchenAid help center for days and never was able to contact anyone. Talked with store where I purchased the mixer. They suggested I contact a local certified KitchenAid repairman. The repairman supposedly fixed the problem, but when I plugged it in and turned it on to see if it would run it broke my dough hook even though I had raised the motor head to make sure it cleared the bottom. I will not buy another KitchenAid product.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Called on 12-19-18 as my stand mixer attachments do not come close enough to the bottom of the bowl. Took almost 20 minutes to get customer service repair and when I did the woman walked me through the repair even though I had told her I had already followed the same steps from the manual. She also kept talking right over me. $32 to send a repair box, $25 for service review and no more than $200 to repair a $300 mixer less than 2 years old. I will never buy another KitchenAid appliance again. So disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Horrible, Horrible KitchenAid experience. Don't EVER order directly from them on the phone or website. I ordered 2 attachments on Nov. 13th for my daughter's birthday and they STILL have not come as of Nov 26th. When I just called they can't even give me a tracking number as they were never shipped. They did ship two BLADES to one of the attachments but I had to drive 30 miles at a FEDEX delivery warehouse to pick them up at the delivery site since KitchenAid REFUSES to send anything to a FEDEX pick up site (which is 5 blocks from me). Since I have to sign for the order and cannot be home when I'm at work - this is still an ongoing NIGHTMARE of an experience and they still have no idea about my ORDER. I need a 0 rating for their customer service on ordering anything from them after this horrible, horrible nightmare of an experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My mixer shut off one night and wouldn't turn back on. I thought that maybe it overheated so about a week later I tried to use it again and an awful smelling smoke started to come from the motor. I am only a few months out of warranty and I know that they won't own up to the fraud they have committed. I've had this mixer barely 2 years and it is completely useless now. I will never invest in another KitchenAid mixer. I've seen heavily used hand mixers last longer than this!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My pro 600 was a Christmas gift. Have had it for a year and haven't been able to use it. First the beaters that came with it didn't fit. Called customer service just to find out the mixer is rebuilt inside out. It only had a KitchenAid cover on it. My son paid $500 at Amazon and is sick over it. He saved a long time to buy this for me. The mixer overheats. After getting the proper mixing blade I tried to make bread. It got so hot you could smell burning wires. It's sitting on my counter. Useless. Customer service won't do anything. It came in a KitchenAid box and the mixer looks like and says KitchenAid. The representative from KitchenAid said they do business with the company but will not replace the appliance. Sad. KitchenAid used to be a USA reputable company.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I bought my mixer probably less than 3 years ago, and seldom use it (working nurse). I had problems with my mixer for about 1.5 year. Bowl is wobbly and would come off every time I use it. Metallic ring near attachments would come off and flew directly into the dough, making big mess and dropping metallic powder all over my dough, wasted ingredients every time I'm trying to bake something. Waste of money! PS: I bought my Artisan KitchenAid mixer from Macy's.

Original review: June 21, 2018

DO NOT BUY!! I have had nothing but problems since I placed an order on Kitchenaid Argentina. First, they didn’t had the product I bought and wanted to refund me in 15 days, which I declined because it is outrageous to keep my money during 15 days. They finally had my product back in stock and after one month! I received it. BUT, the mixer doesn’t work properly and gives me VERY STRONG ELECTRICITY DISCHARGES while using it!! I am still waiting for the customer service to pick it up, we scheduled 2 dates for them to come, they never showed up, not at the first one, not at the second one a week later. Now no one is giving me answers. Almost 2 months now that I bought this very expensive product, hoping for the “famous” quality of KitchenAid. It’s been nothing but disappointment.

AVOID THIS BRAND!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I have fixed older KA mixers for years. Decided to buy myself a new one (Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer) for Christmas as they had rebate and coupons. The first one arrived with a head wobble. I called KA and they sent me a new one. The new one had a head wobble way worse than the first one. Took video and sent it to KA. They said it was "Normal", I am so disgusted with the quality of the NEW Whirlpool KA mixers. The older ones are so much better, well made and way heavier. So I reverted to an older model Pro 500 Heavy Duty with the same motor but with the lift bowl was stable and works beautifully. My advice stay away from the new Whirlpool garbage.

KitchenAid Mixers Company Information