KitchenAid Mixers Visit Website

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.66/5

KitchenAid Mixers Visit Website

KitchenAid Mixers Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

The coating on the mixer attachments comes off and gets all over my hands. When you use the mixer that coating gets into the mix. I have been given almost every excuse from KitchenAid as to why this has happened and none of them is their fault. They even told me the coating is FDA approved and will not harm you if it gets into the food... REALLY!!!. Who wants that in their food? I have already ordered new attachments elsewhere but really bothered that they didn’t help solve the issue. I don’t want it for free but you have a issue with your product.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I ordered my stand mixer during Black Friday online. That same day I walked into a Best Buy and saw the same exact mixer for $120 off. I called KitchenAid the next business day to see if they would honor the price difference and even provided proof of it and they said they could not and just told me to send it back. What a way to keep a lifelong customer... Now it is the middle of January and I have yet to receive my refund. I have called 5-6 time and always get the same answer. "Nothing I can do. It's in our warehouse, they have to issue the refund."

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Electric shock twice. I read booklet, attached the whisk and added my ingredients to the bowl. Started up fine. The First first shock came shortly after. The mixer was still mixing and I touched the top. I jumped and I turned it off and unplugged it. Thought maybe it was me. Started it up again. Was stirring away. I turned it off and lifted the top. Was trying to get mixture from the whisk and felt another stronger shock. This was while the mixer was turned off.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I recently ordered a KitchenAid mixer as a gift. Since the gift was not for someone in my immediate family, my billing address and my shipping addresses were different. The website actually offers to have you buy a product as a gift, and since many gifts are purchased for people who do not live at my address, it never occurred to me that it would not be possible to pay for a product and have it sent to its recipient at a different address. Apparently, for Kitchenaid, this circumstance is one of several that will bump your order into a "possibly fraudulent situation" that will put your order on an indefinite hold. I was sent a generic email five days after placing the order that said my order was not shipped and would not ship until further notice and there was no way to tell when or if this order would be filled. It didn't indicate my name or order number or product ordered. I called Kitchenaid directly and was put on hold for 38 minutes.

When a customer service representative answered, she could not give me any information other than the same information in the email -- that yes, I had placed an order but there was no way to tell where the product was or when or if it could be delivered. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The customer service supervisor explained that our order had been sent to their fraud department for one of many reasons. Our order could have contained an incorrectly spelled name, or we could have entered a zip code incorrectly or "any number of reasons" but no reason that could be specifically attached to our order. Further, the fraud department was not reachable on the phone, ever, nor could she talk to them and she didn't know when or if she ever would be able to speak to them. Our only recourse was to wait for another generically sent email that would explain that our order was either sent through or cancelled.

The fraud department would have made their decision within 24 to 48 hours but the email of explanation would take up to four days. At this point, it has been five days. One of my biggest problems is that the customer service representatives were unhelpful, unable to confirm or explain what was going on with the order and, although the company said they hadn't charged my card, they actually have. The money is out of my account and I have no product and no order delivery time or date. It has been explained to me by customer service that I could be a scammer, she used those words exactly, and that all of this vague information was for my protection. This is ridiculously poor customer service. I should be able to expect a company that has taken funds from my account to be able to tell me where the product I purchased is and when it will arrive. I went through three phone calls and three people before finally cancelling my order.

The last person I spoke with was able to explain the order process and where our order seemed to have been delayed. She did suggest cancelling the order and beginning again at a somewhat later date. Apparently engraving (which we had ordered on our Kitchenaid mixer) is not always available, so if we wait to re-order, engraving might not be available. Honestly, I would order through a third party company with reliable and good customer service. We, literally, spent three hours on the phone, most of it on hold, in order to cancel an order that was placed five days ago. Considering how much commerce happens on the internet, Kitchenaid needs to up their game considerably.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Bought one from QVC because of a good price and by the time I opened it to use it for the holidays I found out there was no spring and washer on the shaft to hold the attachment tight in place. When I contacted KitchenAid I was informed that that spring and washer was no longer needed that it would be just fine without it even though there was a half inch to 3/4 of an inch slack and the attachment bouncing up and down the whole entire time. I offered to pay good money for that spring and washer but they said it was no longer available. I sent that one back and marked it as defective and asked for a refund.

I bought a second one from Bed Bath and Beyond for a very good price and all the display models had springs on the shaft so when I got home and open the box I discovered that there was no spring or washer on the shaft and I had the same situation as before. That is unacceptable to me and this is not half the quality of the old KitchenAid mixer that I purchased some 10 years ago. After going from repair shop to repair shop and then hardware stores I was finally able to find a spring that I could cut down to size and use myself with a washer and I was able to make it fit.

God only knows what’s going to happen when I start using this makes right now because I have heard so many complaints about everything else that I absolutely cannot stand my mixer that I was so proud of buying and I promise you I will never buy another KitchenAid mixer again. The most miserable experience I have had for spending hundreds of dollars on something that I have wanted for years and now find out that I have just been wasting my wishes. What a piece of junk.

If you are considering one of these mixers you had better take a real close look at it because everything about it spells made in Taiwan are made in China or made in Vietnam. Absolutely nothing more than junk nowadays. This is not the same KitchenAid mixer that made them famous and now that Whirlpool owns it it’s only going to get worse. Don’t take my word for it. Just go look at it in the store very very carefully and then if you dare to I want you to get on the phone and call customer service even though you don’t own one yet and find out what type of miserable experience you find.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

KitchenAid is well known for quality products but what they should be known for is terrible customer service. I’ve never had an experience as terribly as I did with the $400 mixer I just purchased. My husband and I had placed the order on the mixer last week, and it charged our card but never gave us a confirmation number. So I called their customer service hotline and got my confirmation number. The confirmation number sent by their representative said the ETA of my FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR mixer would be today the 18th of February. Needless to say, my mixer never showed up and I was very concerned. So once again, I called KitchenAid’s hotline to figure out where my tracking number was so I could figure out where it was at. Well, they never completed my order processing. They charged me FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS and they didn’t even finish the processing. So I have no tracking number and my order was never in the system.

The representatives were trying to give a $50 store credit for their website as if I am ever going to order from them again. I told them I wanted expedited shipping but they insisted they do not offer it even though it was a failure on their part. I talked to a hateful supervisor who tried to inform me that THEIR website generates the dates and it is an estimated time, not an accurate time. But they NEVER HAD MY ORDER EVEN PROCESSED AFTER A WEEK. Their website is not my problem. I can’t fix it. Needless to say, I have a gift card I will never use and now I’m stuck waiting another 7-10 business days to receive my mixer because this company refuses to accept responsibility for their employees and help their customers who spend a great deal of money on their products.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Kitchenaid product quality really seem to be going downhill. My stand mixer keeps going after being turned off. It must be unplugged to stop. Very inconvenient. Blades do not touch sides and bottom of bowl. You must buy a special blade if you want it to. What??? Food sprays all over when using this so I must put it in a deep sink if I want to use it without getting food all over. These are quite expensive given they can't adequately do the job they're intended for.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Purchased mixer Nov. 29, 2017. December 5, 2018 was in process of mixing ingredients for making bread when a screw fell out of the mixer head. When I attempted to place screw, the pin holding the mixer head to shaft fell out - could not get it back in place. Tried to contact KitchenAid help center for days and never was able to contact anyone. Talked with store where I purchased the mixer. They suggested I contact a local certified KitchenAid repairman. The repairman supposedly fixed the problem, but when I plugged it in and turned it on to see if it would run it broke my dough hook even though I had raised the motor head to make sure it cleared the bottom. I will not buy another KitchenAid product.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Called on 12-19-18 as my stand mixer attachments do not come close enough to the bottom of the bowl. Took almost 20 minutes to get customer service repair and when I did the woman walked me through the repair even though I had told her I had already followed the same steps from the manual. She also kept talking right over me. $32 to send a repair box, $25 for service review and no more than $200 to repair a $300 mixer less than 2 years old. I will never buy another KitchenAid appliance again. So disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Horrible, Horrible KitchenAid experience. Don't EVER order directly from them on the phone or website. I ordered 2 attachments on Nov. 13th for my daughter's birthday and they STILL have not come as of Nov 26th. When I just called they can't even give me a tracking number as they were never shipped. They did ship two BLADES to one of the attachments but I had to drive 30 miles at a FEDEX delivery warehouse to pick them up at the delivery site since KitchenAid REFUSES to send anything to a FEDEX pick up site (which is 5 blocks from me). Since I have to sign for the order and cannot be home when I'm at work - this is still an ongoing NIGHTMARE of an experience and they still have no idea about my ORDER. I need a 0 rating for their customer service on ordering anything from them after this horrible, horrible nightmare of an experience.

KitchenAid Mixers Company Information