2.8/5 (1096 ratings)

About KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens

KitchenAid is a home appliance manufacturer that designs cooktops, ovens and ranges. It has a long history in the industry and offers a large selection of professional-level and customizable appliances for at-home use. The company offers limited manufacturer warranties for all its appliances and free delivery for items over $399.

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

My parents used KitchenAid while I grew up, I have been their customer myself for almost 50 years myself. My stove is over 20 years old and the only thing I’ve had to replace is the element. Excellent products!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I love my range. The oven is a great size with 3 racks. The broiler takes some getting use too and you cannot have the rack too close. I use the warming drawer every day in the fall and winter. I have 4 gas burners and wish there were 5 but there is a special feature for Woks.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

The KitchenAid range oven is a great item, the only issue that I have is that the temperature in the oven seems to be hotter than the set temperature. Other than that it fits well with my kitchen and provides a modern look.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Currently have a KitchenAid gas stovetop, approximately six years old. Very pleased especially with the center burner which is more powerful. The treated stainless steel is extremely easy to clean. I do like the design and the fact that it is self lighting and will re-light if the flame goes out. KitchenAid double wall oven is much older and has been extremely reliable, it’s used quite often and very much like the convection feature and the construction.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

KitchenAid is a very stylish product without the designer price tag. I looks great whilst doing a fabulous job. The cooking temp is even throughout the oven so even when you are cooking that thanksgiving dinner everything turns out great.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

All Kitchen Aid appliances were bought for a purchased home. Accidentally, a pan hit the oven window glass and broke it. Kitchen Aid or its parent company had zero replacements of glass or whole doors. Zippo...anywhere. I had to repurchase a new stove so I ad an oven to use! Literally, thousands of dollars wasted. I have a Kitchen Aid refrigerator and it is poorly manufactured as well. I had to replace the stove/oven and purchased a GE. I would strongly urge others to not buy this brand. Ever.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Our KitchenAid Double Oven has had consistently horrible problems with both upper and lower door hinges for the last 10 years. Thank God we opted for an extended appliance warranty because after every holiday with lots of use, we need to have the hinges replaced on one or both oven doors. Our KitchenAid stainless steel 5 burner built-in cooktop with Downdraft Vent has also needed replacement four times in the last 10 years and has been repaired five times in between the replacements due to the burners failure to light, or the burning of the bottom of our pots and pans due to burner malfunctions needing the burners to be removed and replaced.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

In September 2013, we remodeled our kitchen. I looked forward to having 30" double electric wall ovens, but over the years have been VERY disappointed! Preparing last evening's dinner really made me want to write & share my frustrations! The ovens take an inordinately long time to come up to temperature. Once it might be reached, it does NOT remain! The fan is noisy and sometimes seems to vibrate. Cookies become very browned in the back right corner.

Last evening I started using the top oven to bake a pork tenderloin. Gave it a long time to pre-heat & it never really reached 325 degrees. I reset it for 350 which again, it did not attain. I finally tried the lower oven, using the convection "Rapid heat" to bring it up to temperature more quickly. Once it neared 350 degrees, I turned off the convection & used the regular bake. I had to rotate the pan several times to keep it from browning in the back. I have wasted too much mental time being frustrated with these! We did have a repairman visit, he adjusted the temperature & could offer no comments/suggestions re the fan, etc. Am looking for new ovens, but needed to vent.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I purchased my electric double oven a few months ago, (2), This morning we couldn't turn on either ovens. Also, the blue paint is chipping inside the ovens. Cannot get service until December 23, from someplace about an hour away from us, they don't have anyone closer. Although there is a repairman in our town. Customer service is totally useless.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

After using the Kitchenaid Smart Oven Plus powered attachments I found the following flaws:

1)Steamer attachment - Steam will escape and cause the oven to shut down. The only way to reset it is to let the steam completely out and turn off your circuit breaker. Kitchenaid did not design the control panel to be steam proof so you can't use this attachment without issues. They do have the ability to do this but won't respond.
2) Grill - You cannot set the attachment beyond a certain temperature so you can't grill like you can on an outside BBQ.
3) Baking Stone - It is difficult to clean if anything gets stuck on it. Again, your temperature for this attachment is limited so you can't bake a good pizza.

4) The temperature is lower than indicated, especially in the lower part of the oven. When the oven reports the temperature to be "ready", you need to wait an additional 15 minutes for this to take place. Calibration is a joke.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

The oven is just over a year old. The inside of oven the paint is coming off. Some chips some tiny pieces of blue paint. My concern is these pieces are floating around while my food is cooking in the oven causing it to land on my food. Called KitchenAid. They sent a technician out and they ordered me touch up paint. I explained this will not sell the safety issue of paint in our food. They are offering me nothing else. I really want my money back to buy another brand. We are extremely unhappy.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

This is Kitchenaid model KEBC247VSS02. The problem is common among ALL kitchenaid wall ovens. When using the self-cleaning mode, the oven apparently overheats resulting in a thermal fuse to blow. The oven shuts down completely, the door is locked and the oven cannot be used. Thanks to Youtube, the repair is relatively simple, although the entire double oven must be removed from the wall to replace the fuse. Appliance repair is a minimum of $200- 250. EVERY time the self-clean is used, the fuse blows. Therefore, self-clean CAN NOT be used. Terrible design and useless self-cleaning.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

INCREDIBLY BAD PRODUCT. The good: the format of a small micro/convection oven over a large regular/convection oven works nicely for me as I can cook almost everything in the small oven and don’t have to waste energy on large oven except special occasion cooking. That said, the electronics went out twice in first couple of years, had to be completely replaced. Now I’m never sure if oven will work on any given day.

NEXT: the first time I tried to use the clean program, about a half hour in, I heard a very loud crash and rushed in to kitchen to find glass all over. The whole glass door exploded all over. I eventually got it replaced but now am afraid to use it again. The bell which signals “done” and the timer itself long since stopped working and the turntable doesn’t turn. Today I found the glass top part of the turntable in pieces large and small. I’ve no idea what caused this. I’m worried that a replacement brand will not fit into the custom built in space I will have when I try to dump this headache. P.S. Read my review of KA dishwasher and immersion blender, neither of which are favorable. I have learned my lesson about this brand.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I give this zero stars for my safety nothing can compromise that. I had a Kitchenaid stove up until yesterday. It was a stand alone range and for some reason it was putting out a abnormal amount of heat in the kitchen. Also it seemed like I was nauseous some time just standing close to the unit. I put the unit on self clean didn't seem like it worked at all. Had the unit tested by the gas company and they tagged it off as a hazard. The reading on preheat alone was high in carbon monoxide coming out the oven vent. I do not know why these products are so expensive when the quality isn't there. I just replaced the stove with a better brand and my kitchen isn't hot at all...and was tested no readings whatsoever. Stay away from this brand if you value your safety.

Original review: July 30, 2020

The aqua lift steam technology will not clean as advertised. After numerous contacts with KitchenAid we were basically told it’s our problem. It is still under warranty. There are several law suits against the Aqua lift technology in several different states. I am unable to use oven cleaner on it, as it will void the warranty. I am stuck with an oven I can not clean!

Original review: July 23, 2020

The valves of the control knobs lock up and will not turn and must be replaced -- a very expensive repair. This started when the unit was less than 3 years old and a total of five have had to be replaced in 8 years. When only a few years old, the seal of the glass around the front door leaked, resulting in debris collecting between the layers of glass. Another expensive repair -- which failed again. An expensive product, which I discovered has the parts of a very inferior appliance company, not KitchenAid. Labeling it KitchenAid is Very misrepresentative. I will not be purchasing a KitchenAid when I replace the product.

Resolution response: June 22, 2020

Worked with a parts person at Whirlpool who located a control board for my oven. The suppliers were saying another week or two and then only maybe, but she found one at a distributor and is having it shipped to me. Very satisfied with her work but still would never pay for KitchenAid again.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Updated on 08/26/2020: We've now been without our oven with all parts working for 6 months. KitchenAid doesn't seem to be able to help the repair person diagnose. For three months no oven at all because the broiler came on at its whim, burning anything we tried to cook in the oven. Once the part to repair that became available and the tech installed it, no oven sounds - preheating done, timer done. No sounds. Oven works but now no sounds. Got the parts for that and the tech was by today to install. Didn't fix the sound issue and now the display doesn't work. That's right. No display, so we don't know what temperature the oven is set at. Fundamentally unusable. If KitchenAid showed up at our door with brand new appliances, I'd run them off. Never again under any circumstances. Never.

Original Review: We bought a KitchenAid dual fuel range with a separate baking drawer. 4 years later it broils everything. Whatever goes in the oven comes out charcoal. Repair person can't get the oven control board which he says is the problem. We can't use the oven and it's been out for more than a month. Never again Kitchenaid. We have a $2800 doorstop.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Moved into a townhome. Excited to return to KitchenAid products including the gas range. It took 40 minutes on all burners to boil a single pot of water. I had a technician come out. He pointed out the grates sit too high. He suggested replacing the safety valve. Total cost was $300. It did not make a change. I called a distributor. He reported I cannot replace the grates and it is a faulty design of KitchenAid. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Model number is KGSS907SSS00. It is a 2006 product. I am worried regarding the self clean over after reviewing your website.

Original review: May 7, 2020

My Husband and I bought this stove 2 years ago for our rental unit, we never had any complaints from our tenants. But in January we moved in to the property and since then my mind has not been at peace. I have for little girls and we have had episodes were they pass by the stove and happen to bump into the stove and it will turn on the gas. I myself have leaned over the stove to get something and it will turn on, the sad part is we won't notice until we smell the gas. I tried buying some knob covers online but they did not fit due to an extra ring on each knob. So I called KitchenAid and explained the situation.

I was expecting a solution, instead they sent some service guys who were very honest and said they couldn't do anything about it and that the company probably had no solution for this either. They recommended searching online for a piece that could cover all the knobs! Really? So if my house happens to blow up in the middle of the night it's okay, or if my 3 year old turns on the stove and gets burnt then what? They need to recall these stoves or fix the knobs to be safer and harder to turn on.

Original review: April 28, 2020

We purchased a complete line of Kitchenaid appliances back in January 2018. Our Frigidaire refrigerator (purchased in 2004) needed replacing (after 14 years!) and thought it was best to replace our other dependable appliances due to age. Within 1 month a repair person had to come and replace the freezer door due to a crack in delivery. The repair person urged that I buy an extended warranty on my appliances due to their lack of reliability and quality. I wish we had listened (but I believe a company should build and back up their products...I'm old school).

Now our oven starts when it chooses to. Works one minute. Hour later nothing. Our neighbor has had the same experience with her 3 year old Whirlpool oven (parent company). She was told it (after numerous attempts to repair) that she needed a new circuit board at the cost of $495. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT PURCHASE KITCHENAID OR WHIRLPOOL appliances unless YOU believe an extended warranty covers their lack of quality.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I bought this stove July 2019 and it was the worst purchase I have ever made... I am going to give it away as I would not want anyone to pay for this piece of junk. It states that it as an Aqua lift self clean stove, but this does not work at all. I have just spent 2 hours with my head stuck in this stove trying to clean it again myself, but nothing works. The top is also very very very hard to keep clean and so for a clean junkie like me I now don’t even want to use this ridiculous stove. Take my advice and don’t waste your money... Anything else has to be better than this.

Original review: April 15, 2020

After researching many brands we decided to go with a friend’s recommendation for a KitchenAid gas range. After owning it for a few months now we’re very disappointed with the wear & tear. It was delivered with the side dented, which given our timely need, we decided to live with as it’s mostly hidden. We have found however that cleaning the stove top is very difficult (heavy pieces to remove and place back) and the stainless steel surface scratches and scuffs way too easily. If you’re a tidy person like me this will drive you nuts so proceed carefully with this one! After a few months it’s already starting to look worn in.

Original review: March 26, 2020

This is the second review I am writing about this oven. The first review I wrote was a couple weeks after it was installed and I gave it 5 stars. It's a beautiful oven. The stovetop/burners work great. The top oven is the one I use the most and at first it was fine, but after about a month, I noticed the blue interior is peeling off the base plate on the top oven and black splotches started appearing. I removed the base plate and tried to clean it but there wasn't anything on it. The blue was just disappearing in places. I took the oven plate back to the store I bought it at and they ordered a new one.

The second plate started doing the same thing after only a couple of weeks. The blue coating is clearly not perfected and I really wonder if it is releasing chemicals or flaking off into the food. I cannot recommend this to anyone. KitchenAid - you need to do more testing before you release products into the market. I am a product developer - I know when something hasn't been tested appropriately. I'm waiting for my third base plate to arrive but I am likely going back to the store to tell them to replace the oven. My preference would be to replace it with a different brand, but the over the oven microwave that a purchased at the same time is also KitchenAid brand (ut-oh).

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We did a complete kitchen remodel Jan 2012 and chose a KitchenAid double oven. Model #KGRS505XSS02. It’s been a super disappointing experience all the way around. The rubber feet broke on the stovetop grates. Kitchenaid and Lowe’s both said that’s not under warranty and they don’t sell the feet alone so we would need to replace the entire grate for much higher costs. It scratches the stovetop! Next the top oven igniter broke. It was repaired under extended warranty I purchased, not by Kitchenaid. Knobs broke next, would not turn. Again fixed under my extended warranty. Next bottom oven igniter broke but now not under warranty. Next top oven igniter broke again! We called Kitchenaid very angry but they offered no resolution. Now top oven igniter has broken for the 3rd time!! What’s up with Kitchenaid? We got a lemon for sure!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

We had this oven range delivered in early December 2019. By Dec 26, the inside top oven enamel had shattered. After some long phone calls and declined offers of $150 cash back on a $2,000 oven, we were approved for a full replacement. The replacement oven was delivered on January 18, 2020. On February 1st, 2020, the oven enamel shattered again. The oven was used a handful of times, never over 400 degrees F. Enamel could have easily gotten into my food while cooking. Kitchenaid should look out for a lawsuit for knowingly selling defective ranges. Unfortunately we bought a whole line of Kitchenaid appliances because we wanted them all to match in our kitchen. I am requesting a refund and will not be purchasing Kitchenaid.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Purchased this model in 2016 and found that both upper and lower ovens are very poor at accurate temperature readings. Set for 400 but often register at 350. Lower oven very slow to come to temperature and inaccurate at sustaining set temperature. Despite using recommended cleaning products stovetop has stained noticeably. We are plant-based eaters thus stress on stovetop is minimal yet discolouration around elements is greater than expected.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Kitchen Aid Wall Oven. Model #: KEBS109BSS00. Serial #: D23109017. This oven has been trouble since installing brand new October 2016 in our new home construction. Every year we have paid over $200 in repairs with blown thermal fuse, a new gasket, new fan, another thermal fuse, and now another thermal fuse. I have contacted Whirlpool/ Kitchen Aid and they do not stand behind their lemons. This is definitely a LEMON!. It is very SLOW to preheat. I can not use the full functionality of self-clean that we paid for due to blowing the fuse, and completely undependable. (MY OVEN WENT OUT ON THANKSGIVING MORNING!) To date, we have spent more on repairs than we paid for the wall oven. This is a complete disappointment! I would NEVER purchase another oven made by the company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My family bought this range as it was one of the few gas stove downdraft ranges that could be installed in the middle of an island. It is pretty in our island but it is a TERRIBLE and I mean TERRIBLE range. The oven cooks uneven so don't even thinking about trying to bake anything. Over the holiday, the only way I could get by without burning the food was to place the thickest part of the leg of lamb towards the back. Not to mention that it probably takes about 30 minutes to even get the oven to 350 degree heat. It is ridiculous that something this expensive would perform so poorly. To top this off, the self cleaning function does not work.

I decided to use regular oven cleaner and that was a big mistake. Now the inside of the oven is peeling. I contacted Kitchenaid to see if it was safe to cook and their representatives are basically robots and would not provide me with an answer or anyone else who could help, they just kept repeating "we don't suggest harsh oven cleaning products." I think 450 degree heat is pretty harsh, so how can an oven cleaner be worst? HUGE disappointment overall and would not recommend or ever purchase a Kitchenaid product again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

We used the Aqualift feature for the first time this weekend on our Kitchenaid oven. The oven really wasn't that dirty, but we wanted to get the glass door cleaner. The Aqualift process did nothing to clean the oven door. No matter how many times we ran the process. We ended up using a half of box of Brillo pads to get the oven door glass clean. This is not what we expected for the price of the range we paid from a kitchen specialty appliance dealer.

This experience was unbelievable. The inside of the oven wasn't that much cleaner either. But the 2 cups of water were still sitting on the bottom of the oven like the manual stated. Note: We did not use the Brillo pads on the oven cavity as we did not want to scratch the finish. We have used the pads on other glass items without scratching the glass; therefore did the oven glass door only. It took about 2 hours of manual labor to get the glass cleaned. This will be the last Kitchenaid product we purchase as a result.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

We purchased this model of KitchenAid wall oven from a Portland OR appliance company (Sept. 19, 2019). After the new oven was installed it quit. The were kind enough to replace the oven with another new oven. That oven also had the same problem and KitchenAid had repairmen come out for months replacing parts to no avail. Finally they replaced our oven with another new oven on 12/3/19-, (Our 3rd wall oven installed, same model) This oven quit on Christmas Eve. Now it is working intermittently and KitchenAid will not refund our money; will not waive the fee charged by the repairman if the oven is not acting up at the time they are here to service it. I am very unhappy with the wall oven and with KitchenAid "customer support." Beware. Go to another brand.

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Company Information