Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

We bought all new KitchenAid appliances for our new home in late 2011. Two years ago I had to replace the refrigerator after losing the compressor. It was going to be almost $900 to replace the compressor or $1300 to buy a new refrigerator, so we bought a new fridge, but NOT a KitchenAid. Also in 2017 two of the five burner knobs seized up and could not be turned on. Another service visit and about $500 later these were fixed. Now this week I’ve had to call for service AGAIN because two other burner knobs have seized up and cannot be turned on. This will cost me another $400-500 again to get it serviced. I’m seriously thinking about replacing it with an electric range. It takes forever for the oven to preheat and also takes forever for water to start boiling. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER KITCHENAID PRODUCT!! They used to be great but nothing but problems now.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

It is very easy to accidentally bump the control knobs on the front panel and cause gas to leak without igniting. This is obviously a MAJOR HAZARD and could cause significant damage and LOSS of LIFE. A major design flaw. I called the Canadian service support and it was suggested I remove the knobs when not in use!! Excuse me!! There are numerous complaints/comments on the web and surprises me there is no recall to resolve the problem. Do we have to wait for a disaster before someone wakes up - a class action lawsuit in the making.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have the same problem than Denise of Mahwah, NJ. The oven does not keep the temperature, plus the self cleaning does not work at all. Also the stem comes between the window then it left mark. I bought also a dishwasher KitchenAid. 2 hours to clean and dry dishes. No clean dishes and not dry. I will never buy KitchenAid again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I bought a double oven stove 2 years ago, model number KFGD500EBL04. First the top oven quit working then only half the middle burner will light. I contacted KitchenAid with no luck. Just excuses. I feel this is a very dangerous item. They said they had no other complaints or any recalls. I would not buy their products again.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Purchased four KitchenAid appliances three years ago for a complete kitchen remodel. Very disappointed. The exhaust fan on the microwave is extremely noisy. The handles on my fridge are always needing to be retightened. Happily the dishwasher is perfect. But my biggest complaint, if you slightly bump the knobs on the gas range (KSGB900ESS0) it lets out gas. You wont even know this until you start smelling it. So even cleaning it you have to be very aware to look at the knobs and make sure they are in the off position. This is a major safety issue. If I can't find a recall, I'll probably just throw it away and buy another brand. I bought all KitchenAid from its reputation/reviews but would not recommend to anyone...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Almost four years ago, we bought KitchenAid appliances. From all of them, stove is not good. Stove looks very beautiful, but after two years, one burner was gone and we had to spent $150 and now the other burner is gone. So according to the price, the quality of the stove is not good at all. Now again I called mechanic and he is asking $150 to repair my stove. Overall I would like to say that my other appliances are good, but stove is not.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I purchased the KitchenAid Gas/Convection Range with AquaLift Self-Cleaning Technology. To put it simply - it does not work. It requires you to pour 1 3/4 filtered water on to the bottom of the range after you remove all racks. Click clean button and poof, in 40 minutes your oven is clean...NOT! I am not a cook. I purchased this oven almost 2 years ago. I've used it less than 10 times. Mostly for holiday dinners. It just is not that dirty. Tried the self-cleaning feature twice. No difference. It just does not work. I am currently also questioning whether the oven is really working well at all. It takes forever to preheat and lately, more time than usual to cook food.

I called customer service as I purchased an extended warranty. They won't come out until I troubleshoot all issues. Their recommendation was to unplug the oven and wait 30 minutes before plugging it back in - to reset the oven. Try cooking something and see if that solves the problem. Haven't done that yet at the time of this review, however, I think this is an oven I would avoid purchasing. I know I'm going to have to end up scrubbing the inside myself and be forced to use the recommended cleaners and "tools" or risk forfeiting the warranty. It is a great looking oven. It was recommended to me when I was looking to purchase all new kitchen appliances after a total kitchen reno. I just have a bad feeling about this appliance. Can't imagine what others with families and those that use this oven often are going through regarding the ability to clean it. This AquaLift, low-heat technology DOES NOT WORK.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

KitchenAid electric range # KERS807SSS00. I am very disappointed in KitchenAid! They don’t deserve a star! Because They sold out to Whirlpool to avoid covering their poorly built products that should’ve had been recalled or, came up with a seal to prevent control board burnout! This is my second spillover and the dash control panel is burned out again. At least the range does work because it’s independent from the oven, you do need the control panel to operate the oven. I called KA which is Whirlpool now. Whirlpool, simply have a way of not covering any warranties on KA. They always have an excuse. Or, there’s no record of a complaint by me or by anyone else on this issue!

I find that hard to believe because I had a spillover and I called and complained to KA within two months of purchase about the faulty glass top (No Seal) to prevent spillovers from the glass top to the bottom of where the control board burned out. Which they did cover because it was during the warranty period. And their excuse was, “Didn’t you read the manual?” Well No Ma'am! I didn’t! This is the third one in my family, and there’s been spillovers and nothing was blown out!! I should have realized. They had General Electric ranges. At the cost of $ 480.00 plus labor for the part. We will rather buy a new range other than KA or Whirlpool or any other products made by them!! In the meantime, I’ll be grilling out on the grill ☀️????

Original review: June 24, 2019

As one lady from Mount Pleasant, SC reported, we are experiencing the very same issues. We've owned our 30 inch slide in gas range for 3 years and when you brush up against it you won't even know until later on when you smell gas that one of the knobs was turned ever so slightly emitting the gas fumes. I contacted KitchenAid Customer Experience and reported this matter and to see if they have come up with a fix or recall. There hasn't been any. With all the news of gas explosions happening to houses across the country, this is definitely a safety issue. I'm hoping Consumers Union and/or the Consumer Product Safety Commission can do something before someone else experiences a horrifying event.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We purchased our gas oven/stove two years ago and I am so worried that we are going to have a gas poisoning or explosion in our home. The knobs are very easily turned on. You can brush up against it and you won't even know until later on when you smell the horrible scent of gas. I was cleaning my stove earlier this morning and came back inside the house and I knew right away that the smell was gas and sure enough the knob was ever so lightly turned to the left and emitting gas fumes. I'm not sure if there is a recall so this is my first step.

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Company Information