Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.33/5

KitchenAid sells oven and range designs in a variety of colors and sizes. Designs include single and double ovens, baking drawers and stovetops with up to six burners. KitchenAid sells residential and commercial ovens with electric and gas options. High-end ovens include a stovetop griddle. KitchenAid offers financing options for ovens and stoves.

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Learn More

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens?

Resolution response: June 22, 2020

Worked with a parts person at Whirlpool who located a control board for my oven. The suppliers were saying another week or two and then only maybe, but she found one at a distributor and is having it shipped to me. Very satisfied with her work but still would never pay for KitchenAid again.

Original review: June 22, 2020

We bought a KitchenAid dual fuel range with a separate baking drawer. 4 years later it broils everything. Whatever goes in the oven comes out charcoal. Repair person can't get the oven control board which he says is the problem. We can't use the oven and it's been out for more than a month. Never again Kitchenaid. We have a $2800 doorstop.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Moved into a townhome. Excited to return to KitchenAid products including the gas range. It took 40 minutes on all burners to boil a single pot of water. I had a technician come out. He pointed out the grates sit too high. He suggested replacing the safety valve. Total cost was $300. It did not make a change. I called a distributor. He reported I cannot replace the grates and it is a faulty design of KitchenAid. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Model number is KGSS907SSS00. It is a 2006 product. I am worried regarding the self clean over after reviewing your website.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2020

My Husband and I bought this stove 2 years ago for our rental unit, we never had any complaints from our tenants. But in January we moved in to the property and since then my mind has not been at peace. I have for little girls and we have had episodes were they pass by the stove and happen to bump into the stove and it will turn on the gas. I myself have leaned over the stove to get something and it will turn on, the sad part is we won't notice until we smell the gas. I tried buying some knob covers online but they did not fit due to an extra ring on each knob. So I called KitchenAid and explained the situation.

I was expecting a solution, instead they sent some service guys who were very honest and said they couldn't do anything about it and that the company probably had no solution for this either. They recommended searching online for a piece that could cover all the knobs! Really? So if my house happens to blow up in the middle of the night it's okay, or if my 3 year old turns on the stove and gets burnt then what? They need to recall these stoves or fix the knobs to be safer and harder to turn on.

Original review: April 28, 2020

We purchased a complete line of Kitchenaid appliances back in January 2018. Our Frigidaire refrigerator (purchased in 2004) needed replacing (after 14 years!) and thought it was best to replace our other dependable appliances due to age. Within 1 month a repair person had to come and replace the freezer door due to a crack in delivery. The repair person urged that I buy an extended warranty on my appliances due to their lack of reliability and quality. I wish we had listened (but I believe a company should build and back up their products...I'm old school).

Now our oven starts when it chooses to. Works one minute. Hour later nothing. Our neighbor has had the same experience with her 3 year old Whirlpool oven (parent company). She was told it (after numerous attempts to repair) that she needed a new circuit board at the cost of $495. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT PURCHASE KITCHENAID OR WHIRLPOOL appliances unless YOU believe an extended warranty covers their lack of quality.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I bought this stove July 2019 and it was the worst purchase I have ever made... I am going to give it away as I would not want anyone to pay for this piece of junk. It states that it as an Aqua lift self clean stove, but this does not work at all. I have just spent 2 hours with my head stuck in this stove trying to clean it again myself, but nothing works. The top is also very very very hard to keep clean and so for a clean junkie like me I now don’t even want to use this ridiculous stove. Take my advice and don’t waste your money... Anything else has to be better than this.

Original review: April 15, 2020

After researching many brands we decided to go with a friend’s recommendation for a KitchenAid gas range. After owning it for a few months now we’re very disappointed with the wear & tear. It was delivered with the side dented, which given our timely need, we decided to live with as it’s mostly hidden. We have found however that cleaning the stove top is very difficult (heavy pieces to remove and place back) and the stainless steel surface scratches and scuffs way too easily. If you’re a tidy person like me this will drive you nuts so proceed carefully with this one! After a few months it’s already starting to look worn in.

Original review: March 26, 2020

This is the second review I am writing about this oven. The first review I wrote was a couple weeks after it was installed and I gave it 5 stars. It's a beautiful oven. The stovetop/burners work great. The top oven is the one I use the most and at first it was fine, but after about a month, I noticed the blue interior is peeling off the base plate on the top oven and black splotches started appearing. I removed the base plate and tried to clean it but there wasn't anything on it. The blue was just disappearing in places. I took the oven plate back to the store I bought it at and they ordered a new one.

The second plate started doing the same thing after only a couple of weeks. The blue coating is clearly not perfected and I really wonder if it is releasing chemicals or flaking off into the food. I cannot recommend this to anyone. KitchenAid - you need to do more testing before you release products into the market. I am a product developer - I know when something hasn't been tested appropriately. I'm waiting for my third base plate to arrive but I am likely going back to the store to tell them to replace the oven. My preference would be to replace it with a different brand, but the over the oven microwave that a purchased at the same time is also KitchenAid brand (ut-oh).

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We did a complete kitchen remodel Jan 2012 and chose a KitchenAid double oven. Model #KGRS505XSS02. It’s been a super disappointing experience all the way around. The rubber feet broke on the stovetop grates. Kitchenaid and Lowe’s both said that’s not under warranty and they don’t sell the feet alone so we would need to replace the entire grate for much higher costs. It scratches the stovetop! Next the top oven igniter broke. It was repaired under extended warranty I purchased, not by Kitchenaid. Knobs broke next, would not turn. Again fixed under my extended warranty. Next bottom oven igniter broke but now not under warranty. Next top oven igniter broke again! We called Kitchenaid very angry but they offered no resolution. Now top oven igniter has broken for the 3rd time!! What’s up with Kitchenaid? We got a lemon for sure!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

We had this oven range delivered in early December 2019. By Dec 26, the inside top oven enamel had shattered. After some long phone calls and declined offers of $150 cash back on a $2,000 oven, we were approved for a full replacement. The replacement oven was delivered on January 18, 2020. On February 1st, 2020, the oven enamel shattered again. The oven was used a handful of times, never over 400 degrees F. Enamel could have easily gotten into my food while cooking. Kitchenaid should look out for a lawsuit for knowingly selling defective ranges. Unfortunately we bought a whole line of Kitchenaid appliances because we wanted them all to match in our kitchen. I am requesting a refund and will not be purchasing Kitchenaid.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Purchased this model in 2016 and found that both upper and lower ovens are very poor at accurate temperature readings. Set for 400 but often register at 350. Lower oven very slow to come to temperature and inaccurate at sustaining set temperature. Despite using recommended cleaning products stovetop has stained noticeably. We are plant-based eaters thus stress on stovetop is minimal yet discolouration around elements is greater than expected.

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens author review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been an iconic name in household appliances since its founding in 1919 and the introduction of its flagship automatic mixer. It began producing cooking appliances in 1985.

• Product selection: KitchenAid's line of cooking appliances is one of the largest in the industry, giving buyers a wealth of choices.

• Freestanding options: KitchenAid's selection of freestanding appliances provides an array of options for buyers designing cooking islands and other non-traditional kitchen layouts.

• Heating options: KitchenAid maintains one of the industry's largest selections of options for heating technologies.

• Robust support: The company's online support options are easy to access and provide a wealth of information and replacement parts.

• Traditional quality: KitchenAid's maintains that its tried-and-true quality is attributed to its long experience in the industry. The brand frequently eschews technology-driven special features in favor of dependable durability and use.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team