1.33/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 3, 2018

831 KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 3, 2018

Our Gas Range/Oven is a little over two years old. It has a self cleaning feature, that you would think I should be able to use. The first few times it worked fine, no issues. I used the self cleaning feature in November of 2017 and received an error message, but didn't really tell me the problem, after it was done the oven door locked and I could not get it to open, even after I tried to cancel and reset. I had to call a repair person, since KitchenAid wanted no part of it, since it was no longer under warranty, how convenient. $180.00 dollars later it was repaired, I needed a new part, since the technician said that with the self cleaning feature it tripped something in the electrical system, and he also added that it will probably happen again. So I have this self cleaning and I can't use it. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I did use it again, and no issues, but last night I set to self clean for one hour and guess what, it happened again. My door is locked and the inside oven light is on, and I can't turn it off. I reached out again to KitchenAid, and they were very sorry and would refer this to their support team, but no recalls on my appliance are on file, therefore, they can't do anything for me. Unbelievable, now I'm waiting for the repair person again to fix the issue again, and I'm the one paying for it. NEVER EVER again will I buy a KitchenAid product. Obviously this is an issue with their product and not my fault, but they could care less.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have the Kitchenaid electric double oven range model YKFED500ESS2. It's just my spouse and I here and we rarely use the oven at all, let alone the top oven. I wanted to use it one day, and noticed that all of the paint/enamel in the recessed corner of the rectangular indent at the bottom of the oven, was chipping off and cracks forming along the entire edge. The enamel chips were about 1/16 inch thick, and coming off in chunks and strips. My oven is about 16 months old, but I think this problem started before I noticed it.

Of course, you can now assume that this oven is just off its warranty. I called Kitchenaid to complain and see if they would cover this DEFECT. They said nope... It's off warranty and just "cosmetic". I ask you... If you bought a brand new car and the paint fell off it less than a year and a half later... Would you be happy? Needless to say, I am NOT happy and I will NEVER buy a Kitchenaid product of any kind again. They obviously make poor quality products and you are SOL when their stuff falls apart right after the warranty is over. I also have had issues with the fridge I bought at the same time... But that's another story.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Bought a KA double convection oven. It works well enough but the problem is that enamel and metal on the upper oven floor melted forming small holes. I contacted KA's parent company and was advised that the oven liner was not a replaceable part. Here's the response. "Thank you for visiting the KitchenAid website. We appreciate hearing from you. We apologize for the problem you are experiencing with the interior of your KitchenAid oven. The oven liner is not a serviceable part and is not available. The only resolution for the problem you are experiencing is replacement of the oven.

You are a valued KitchenAid customer and we appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry. We invite you to contact KitchenAid again either by calling (800) 422-1230 between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST weekdays or by emailing whenever the need arises. When calling please press the available option or stay on the line to reach a representative".

I.e. Buy another $5000 dud? Not likely. Meanwhile I am concerned about using the oven in case a spill allows grease to migrate into the cavity between the upper and lower ovens. I imagine that this would be a fire hazard. I will never buy anything from Whirlpool again and advise others likewise. Their brands are WHIRLPOOL. Every day, care™ KITCHENAID. MAYTAG. INDESIT. CONSUL. BRASTEMP. AMANA. JENN-AIR.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We purchased a KitchenAid (R) 5-Burner Gas Freestanding Double Oven Range 4 years ago. Almost from the beginning, we have had problems, particularly with the controls. We have had to replace one, or possibly two (can't remember) of the handles, three times, all at our cost. They simply were stuck and would not turn. However, what is more of concern is that the controls will turn to the "on" position simply if I brush up against one of them. Oftentimes I will hear the click, click, click that alerts me that the controls have turned on but have not ignited. However, frequently, there is no click; I am just alerted to the fact the stovetop has turned on when I begin to smell gas. This seems to me to be a major safety issue.

I have talked to the company, to no avail. They tell me it's out of warranty and I would have had to address this issue within the first year. As these things go, I cannot remember when we first experienced the problem. I suspect I probably thought it was just a fluke at first and did not think much about it. But, regardless, I would think KitchenAid would want to assure that no one experiences a major gas leak due to their faulty equipment.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have had this Electric range KSEG950E for about 2 years and have had major problems with its "self-cleaning" technology. For starters, it simply doesn't work, even after repeated cycles. Cleaning out the water after the cycle is finished is tiresome. And the side and back panels never come clean. It's nearly impossible to scrub out these areas, as you can only use nonabrasive pads, and the oven is so deep, you can't reach in far enough to clean effectively. Even soil on the reachable areas is a challenge to clean, using only the recommended non-scratch scrubbing sponges and fresh kitchen appliance cleaner (the addition of which is recommended for "hard to remove soil").

I'm not a heavy oven user and have tried to clean oven at the slightest sign of soil build-up. Once more, being 5' 7", I'd think that reaching around inside the oven to scrub should be easy. But after the lengthy clean-up sessions, I hardly need to go to the gym for exercise! Surfing the net, I see that I'm not the only very dissatisfied customer! It may be good publicity to have low-energy cleaning technology. But if it doesn't work well, it can't earn high marks for the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I spent $2,300 at Arts Appliances In North Haven, Ct, for a Slide-n electric range and microwave that were shipped direct from the factory. They were so called professionally installed. The time we used them the range emitted a loud pop and a flash which blew the breaker. The cause was a disconnected burner wire that shorted out on the chassis. Evidently the wire was never connected at the factory, an oversight that could have caused a house fire. We also quickly discovered that the lamp in the microwave above the range did not work.

Arts' sent us a couple of replacement bulbs. It took all my strength and care to remove the bulb which I discovered had been silicone sealed into the bulb socket. It's incredible that no one discovered these defects during the in assembly process or in Quality Control. Two major appliance shipped to the same consumer and both were defective. Adding insult to injury it took days to reach the factory claim center and days for a tech to arrive. The store owners insisted that I had to resolve the problem with the factory.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I purchased the KitchenAid KESK901SSS Electric Slide In Range five years ago as part of a kitchen remodel. My experience is that the product is inferior and cannot withstand normal use, and parts are prohibitively expensive. A few years ago it cost me $600 to replace cooktop after a bottle fell on it and was not covered by insurance. More recently, after spilling water on the stovetop the oven control unit stopped working. Who would engineer a range that cannot withstand a water spill??? I was told by the technician sent by insurance carrier that replacement parts again were expensive -- in the $500-$600 range. Since I had insurance, I thought that this would be an easy fix.

After waiting two months, it turns out that the replacement parts are unavailable! The best insurance would offer was a buyout at a fraction of the original cost of the product. I checked with a reputable appliance repair shop to see if I could have it repaired on my own. They wouldn't touch it... They said that parts were expensive, could not guarantee that it would even work, and that they have gotten stuck in the past. I am now forced with the inconvenience and expense of purchasing a new range at current prices which are twice as much as original model. In addition, since the original product did not slide in flush to the wall (there is a 3" gap), I need to have my custom granite countertop modified to accommodate a new range. I am very dissatisfied with KitchenAid (and its parent company, Whirlpool) quality and service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Purchased range KSEG950E in January 2016. The oven never has worked properly. I have had service out at least a dozen times. Purchased the extended warranty out of necessity and have regularly had technicians out for service. I’m told each time that there is nothing wrong. My oven does not hold temperature. I set it and it will vary up or down 50-75 degrees during baking time. This is totally unacceptable to me as a baker. I am very disappointed in KitchenAid, I usually love their products. We are about to trash this very expensive range and buy another brand!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Most unbelievable experience I have ever had in my life with an appliance (KFGG500EWH2), the other KitchenAid products have been fine? I bought this oven before Thanksgiving on 11-15-17. My wife just noticed now on December 25, 2017 that the top of the oven door and around the controls the white paint is turning Brown?!? I haven't hardly used the oven but a half dozen times, a couple of pizzas and the turkey on Thanksgiving. We noticed on day one the stove top was more than just hot to the touch on Thanksgiving...more like untouchable!!! I will check the temperature now to see how hot it is getting.

My guess is if it isn't a design defect, there may be some insulation missing in the door and or around the front of the stove top... I'm not taking it apart to see why... This is more than disappointing. I will contact the manufacturer and the distributor ABT tomorrow to see what they will do. I have never seen anything like this before, this is the 3rd oven I have owned in my life, and never had this issue. I will post the receipt tomorrow if it lets me append this.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Purchased a wall oven model KEBS109BSS October 2013. Oven completely shut down during cooking, couldn't turn it on, nothing. Had service tech out September 2016 and paid to have it fixed (out of warranty). Same issue again March 2017. Tech out again, had to pay again to have it fixed. Last Saturday, same issue. Have contacted KitchenAid, they won't do anything to rectify the situation because "it's 4 years old, not cover issue under warranty." I pushed the issue, talked to a manager. They were rude and wouldn't budge. Had the nerve to tell me that "it is man-made" and "parts do fail." Are you kidding me?! Over $2,000 piece of junk that I've already put $400 into. NOTE: BEWARE - KITCHENAID APPARENTLY EXPECTS THEIR MAJOR APPLIANCES TO LAST 3-4 YEARS.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Pros: Heats quickly and evenly, attractive appearance. Cons: This was not an inexpensive cooktop and I'm disappointed. The glass cooktop stains and pits with heat, difficult to clean. The control knobs are confusing! Location of high and simmer varies on each of the knobs, it is difficult to figure out what knob controls which burner. It has caused some major boil overs and a couple of fires. I label the knobs with a Sharpie but looking for permanent solution. The burner location needs to be backlit.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased a KitchenAid induction double oven range, model KSIB900ESS1 through my home builder, who installed it in July 2017. We moved into the home August 1. It worked correctly until October, although the induction burners make a lot of noise. In October the ovens quit working. We called KitchenAid, who sent an appliance repairman out in two days. A week later we hear nothing from the appliance guy. After several calls, I found out that the part that needed replaced did not exist. Confused, I called KitchenAid again and asked for another repairman. This one came out, found the problem, and located a replacement board within a week. I preheated the top oven two hours after he left and both of the ovens quit again.

It is now a week later (tomorrow will be a month without an oven) and we are no further along in getting this fixed. Added to that: today I received a large box on my doorstep from KitchenAid (which I did not order) that I think might contain pots and pans that I don't need. I'm afraid to open it because I don't want them saying I accepted pots and pans in lieu of a workable oven. What the heck is going on with this company?? Two days til Thanksgiving but we won't be able to cook anything in the oven this year. Thank goodness the range still works or we'd be eating microwaved everything.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

KitchenAid drop-in stove/oven bought in January of 2015. DON'T YOU JUST HATE IT WHEN YOU BUY SOMETHING AS BIG AS A STOVE -- RELIABLE ONLY ON THE NAME? It is my fault for buying from SEATTLE HOME APPLIANCE THAT WAS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. I didn't know that but it was KitchenAid so was thinking they would stand behind their product. I paid for the person to come and I paid for a new element on a new drop-in stove/oven and it made no difference at all. IT SUCKS!!! I don't cook/bake at all. I can't afford to buy another one and I'm almost 70 and just wanted to bake cookies. well you can't!!! They need to replace these terrible products and give me one that does work.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

KitchenAid has been my go to appliance ever since the first used dishwasher I purchased 30+ years ago, still working when I finally decided to upgrade it after 20+ years. I had it for 20 years, and it was already a used item when I purchased it. So that was my first introduction to KitchenAid and I have depended on their quality appliances ever since. I have not been disappointed with my all KitchenAid kitchen appliances for my oven, refrigerator, and dishwasher.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I own a KitchenAid gas range Mod. KGSS907SSS01. It's only eight yrs old and I’ve only had problems since I got it from self-cleaning (which I decided not use this future anymore) because I was just wasting my money every time I use I had the same black down and paid for repairs, oven that doesn’t heat up or is inconsistent to cheap top insert elements the brick easily (i.e. insert for large left burner) it just fell apart while cleaning... I would not recommend anyone to buy this model thinking you are getting top of line. PLEASE STAY AWAY!

When I contact Whirlpool for help or tip on how to replace parts myself they rudely offer me to contact their tech repair person to come to my place and basically rape me financially with high prices to repair my unit that is all I’m left with. I feel I paid high price for this unit and I expect to get better response from Manufacture since they are aware of the issues with this range. I’ve come across many complaints about this model As I searched for solution on web. Again, stay away from KitchenAid/Whirlpool ranges.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The induction electric range with aqua lift technology to clean the oven is very disappointing. The oven wasn't used often. Had some soil, but minimal. I followed the instructions and put 2 cups of filtered water in the oven and turned it on for 40 minutes. It did a terrible job cleaning, it looked like it wasn't cleaned at all. One good thing is there was no smell when using the cleaning process, not like my GE stove. My GE stove always did a good job with soil, had the stove for 30 years, it was great! The oven was always left clean after using the cleaning cycle.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

KitchenAid 30" free standing gas range with double oven bought. Beautiful to look at BUT! Have had less than a month and many problems. First gas leaks (they were repaired). My one time to use: baked an apple pie in bottom oven. Preheated to 450, baked pie for 15, then reduced to 350 for 45 minutes. During this time the vent blew so hard on top right burners, it got the top range very hot and impossible to use right burners (vent blew the flames... dangerous). Also top right side got extremely hot... not operating correctly at all.

Now dealing with Whirlpool Corp Safety Dept to get them to take this range back... scares me to even think about using it... NOT using it... it is a lemon!!! They say must process/have evaluation by technician and then 3 to 4 weeks to process. BS!!! The order # is the no. with Whirlpool Corp Safety Dept. 553 Benson Road, Benson Harbor, Michigan 49022.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We purchased a KitchenAid Convection Double Oven from Lowe's. We had always heard that KitchenAid was a top of the line oven. Since this oven was purchased, it has not worked correctly. Either the top or the bottom oven will not heat, the igniters on the burners has gone out several times. When we tried to find a repairman, there is not one in available anywhere in our area. We have tried several local repairmen. They replace numerous parts and we have been charged $200 to $300 dollars each time. The website for KitchenAid has been absolutely no help at all. If anyone is in the market for a high-end Oven, DO NOT PURCHASE a KitchenAid. They are absolutely JUNK and cannot be repaired if you live in a Rural area.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Was told it was a self-clean oven. AquaLift is not a self-clean oven, I'm told by the manufacturer. They were not willing to help me with anything. Would not recommend anyone to purchase KitchenAid dual fuel gas stoves.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Our 5 year old microwave oven combo looks fine, no complaints. The oven, however does not reach the temperature that is set. It often beeps as ready, but the thermometer inside the oven shows it to be 25 degrees lower. Disappointing.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I purchased this stove because it had a very large oven and I bake. Two weeks after installation I realized when I leaned up to get something from the cabinet above the stove I turned on burners, sometimes just enough for a gas leak and sometimes enough to burn my arm. First problem with design. A month later at Thanksgiving the turkey was in the oven and my grandson touched a knob with his arm and actually burned it. That's how hot the knob. I see were due to a vent directly below them. Second design flaw.

Later that afternoon. We realized the turkey wasn't getting done. Oven turned off by itself. Luckily I have a second oven. Very nice competent repairman (outsourced) checked the temperature of the knobs and they came in two degrees under government top number. He replaced an oven valve. This valve was replaced three times before the oven would function without failing. I took these safety and oven problems up with KitchenAid only to be told they were within government standards and be glad I bought a warrant for the oven. Cold, disrespectful and dismissive people. DO NOT BUY KITCHENAID products.

Original review: May 27, 2017

Weeks after buying a KitchenAid 2 slice toaster it stopped working properly and only toasted one side. The appliance was returned to the store and sent to the service centre, after 2 weeks it was returned and tested in the store and still only toasted one side of the bread therefore nothing was fix and I doubt if it was even looked at. Again the appliance was sent back to the service centre and it's been there 4 weeks and I have no idea when it will be returned to me. I contacted KitchenAid directly. They advised me to take the issue up with the store. The store insist they only sell the stuff and can only send it to the approved service centre. High end product looks and feels the part but quality is questionable and brand reputation is equally questionable and I strongly advise against buying this product.

Original review: May 16, 2017

My wife and I bought a KitchenAid Oven years ago. The Overlay for the controls started melting after the first year. We never tried to replace it which was a big mistake. Now the Overlay is pressing on buttons so out of nowhere it starts doing whatever it wants because the cover is rubbing the computer controls making errors. I called where I bought it and they told me that they couldn't replace it because it was discontinued. I called KitchenAid and they told me that they quit making it because it was made in 2007. I explained that I bought it new in 2011 from BrandsMart and was told the only thing I could do is look online and try to find it. I looked everywhere. I can't even find any place that will make it for any price. Now I have to throw it out and buy a new one even though the Oven is in very good shape. What a rip-off.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Purchased this expensive gas oven less than 3 years ago. Three of the five burners now have frozen valves and do not work. The middle burner went first, then the right front and now the left back burner. Very disappointed. Would not recommend this range to anyone for purchase.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Purchased range on 2015. Told the dealer the oven did not bake properly, sent certified appliance repairman. "Sweetheart" don't know what your problem is, it is right on. After two smart boards, it still does not bake! Should you have to bake chicken breast 3 hours, and rearrange on baking sheet to get each one to edge. Drop cookies should not take more than 8-10 minutes.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I have never been treated more poorly by a company in the United States. I was sold a stove with a defective cooling mechanism and ever since it has caused me hell. KitchenAid outsources all of their repairs to Whirlpool who has DESTROYED my $1500 stove in order to fix the fan. They have forced me to stay home from work for over 2 weeks worth of time due to repairs caused by the previous repair damage that they've caused. Every time they leave I find another rookie mistake that has caused additional damage. I am FED up with this company and will never buy from them again. They refused to provide me a new stove when asked. I have had it. Still waiting on someone to come back out and fix the last damage they've caused.

Original review: April 22, 2017

Bought KitchenAid stove about a year ago, model KSDB900ESS0 and I'm 100% displeased with the AquaLift self-cleaning technology to clean the oven. Tried several times and the oven looks just as dirty after the cleaning cycles. I Can't even use chemical cleaners because I may damage the finish on the oven walls. My previous stoves were also KitchenAid and they were 100% efficient. Paid a lot for the last stove and I have to stop using the oven because I can't properly clean after each use! I'm extremely frustrated!!! Any recommendations?

Original review: April 13, 2017

They rust out, and they sell it as, stainless steel. Then when it rusts, they tell you, "You should have read your owner's manual!! It explains it and tells you the type of steel it is..." Like I'm supposed to read owner's manual before I get appliance??? They lie and sell it as stainless steel. It's "look alike stainless".

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

Three years ago I upgraded my entire kitchen with stainless KitchenAid appliances, after much research - with a hefty price tag. I liked that the products were made in the USA and that they were considered high-end appliances. I even replaced a Bosch dishwasher (it did not live up to its reputation). The oven cost $1500 and change at the time of purchase, and the model is now over $1900. Two and a half years later my oven started having problems - it turns off during cooking and will not come back on. I had repair people out several times but they could not fix it. Turns out it needs a whole new keyboard, which is over $800 just for the part. I tried to contact KitchenAid customer service - yes, this was out of the 1 year warranty but I felt that it should not be having such problems after only 2.5-3 years (the oven that I replaced was 15 years old and was in perfect working order - and was a much lower-end appliance).

Anyway, I have tried in vain to get KitchenAid to help me but they will not. My dishwasher has also had several pieces fall off that have had to be replaced. You would think this company would help their customers but no, they ignored my letter. All I wanted was to purchase a new oven at a discount - which they would normally allow but they will not let me do so because I have a home warranty plan (which I had not used to help in any way other than to diagnose the issue). Shame on KitchenAid for such horrible customer service, and for selling overpriced appliances that do not last and definitely are NOT worth the high prices. I would definitely advise NOT purchasing KitchenAid.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

This is a large built-in oven. There's a large convection oven at the bottom and a large convection microwave with a baking element on the top. The microwave cooks pizzas with the element and when the microwave cooking is used, it is very quiet. It has an easy to clean stainless steel interior. The lower convection oven has three racks and is also a self cleaning oven. It cooks very evenly.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been an iconic name in household appliances since its founding in 1919 and the introduction of its flagship automatic mixer. It began producing cooking appliances in 1985.

• Product selection: KitchenAid's line of cooking appliances is one of the largest in the industry, giving buyers a wealth of choices.

• Freestanding options: KitchenAid's selection of freestanding appliances provides an array of options for buyers designing cooking islands and other non-traditional kitchen layouts.

• Heating options: KitchenAid maintains one of the industry's largest selections of options for heating technologies.

• Robust support: The company's online support options are easy to access and provide a wealth of information and replacement parts.

• Traditional quality: KitchenAid's maintains that its tried-and-true quality is attributed to its long experience in the industry. The brand frequently eschews technology-driven special features in favor of dependable durability and use.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs