KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is a large built-in oven. There's a large convection oven at the bottom and a large convection microwave with a baking element on the top. The microwave cooks pizzas with the element and when the microwave cooking is used, it is very quiet. It has an easy to clean stainless steel interior. The lower convection oven has three racks and is also a self cleaning oven. It cooks very evenly.

My mother passed 4 and a half years ago and gave me some money so I decided to invest in a nice gas stove since my daughter went to culinary school. Less than four and a half years one burner went. Locked up. Second burner went. Handle locks up. Third burner went. Handle locks up. This week my oven quit working. It has a small oven on top. Big convection on the bottom. Now the big oven convection oven totally quit working. What a waste of money.

Warm up time of oven is very slow. The Baking (bottom) heating element lasted a year and is VERY DIFFICULT to replace. The thermostat is inaccurate and fluctuates with different amounts of error at different points in its temperature range. Oven door removal is not straightforward and can be jammed requiring replacement parts for repair.

Architect Series II Electric, free standing range: Overall, DO NOT BUY A KITCHENAID product due to user error, we needed to replace the oven door seal/gasket. After searching online & by phone in our area and being told that part is not available, I called KitchenAid. As we had registered our appliance they were able to verify our range was only 5 years old. THEY NO LONGER HAVE GASKETS FOR THIS MODEL. No other model gaskets will fit this model. Instead of the anticipated $60.00 repair cost we were told all they could do was sell us a comparable model for employee cost... not including shipping, installation and haul off of our current unit. I blew MY gasket & told them absolutely not. Not one .00 over the stated cost!! The upshot? $700.00+ later, with a wait of over 2 weeks, we will get a new range. They had us over a barrel with no other options for the price.

I am flabbergasted, frustrated, disappointed & without a working oven for over half a month. I have always thought of KitchenAid as a quality product & in fact have been happy with the unit. I cannot recommend KitchenAid any longer with its program of planned obsolescence. KitchenAid as a company is horrid. Decent products, lousy policies with employees stuck in an awful position.

I purchase it from Sears scratch and dent. Use the top oven for prepping other smaller dish or if I just don't want to use the larger oven for cooking. Though, the one larger burner can't be adjusted to have a low flame and if I did the flame goes out. I can live with that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Multiple defects on KitchenAid KSGG700ESS Range - The first problem was that the bottom drawer did not fit properly and closed on one side but not the other. After two attempts the slides were replaced and fixed the problem, despite being told on the first visit that "it's supposed to be like that". Second issue was heat escaping from the sides of the door - mainly on one side so cabinets were getting very hot. Simple fix - remove the rubber stop that is there during shipping, but they forgot to take out when installing. Simple one that.

Next issue - Aqualift - doesn't do anything and we aren't supposed to use regular cleaning products. Very common issue, so much so that there has been a class action filed on this problem. Service can't do anything about it. Last one - is a big safety issue. If you bump the knobs on the front you can have gas escaping WITHOUT the igniters coming on. This looks like poor design and engineering as again the service tech said "it's supposed to be like that". Their suggestion - fit child safety caps!

Horrible Stove - I am on my second cooktop and the stove is not quite 5 years old, already had to replace the touch pad also. Two years ago the smallest chip at the edge of the cooktop cause a "huge" crack line to encircle the back burner and it fell in, WELL it happened again. A small chip on the edge of the top again cause this huge crack line that encircled the back burner and it fell in. Crummy stove, DON'T BUY Kitchenaid - run and buy anything else. KitchenAid was once respected name now it deserves total disrespect. Expensive but no quality here and the heat from the stove turns the oven handle yellow and streaks appear inside the glass window which cannot be cleaned. All in all a horrible product. Now I have to pay for another cooktop on a stove that was VERY EXPENSIVE TO BEGIN WITH.

The element on my Kitchen Aid Stove Architect Series which was less than 4 years old stopped working. I was told the element would be covered under warranty but not the service call which was 112 for the first 30 min. The technician arrived and informed me that I needed a new switch and it is not covered under warranty and it is $170 plus tax. My final bill came to $320. What really pisses me off is that when I looked up the switch on Amazon, it is priced at $61 + 7 for shipping. Whirlpool just charged me an extra $100 for the part. That is highway robbery.

While cooking noticed fire coming out of electronic panel, burning wires. Luckily I took action and turned off main power breaker, could've burned the house down. Open front panel for inspection found relays and wire terminals melted.

Oven Model KGRS505XSS - Knobs on the front of the stove are dangerous. They turn on with the slightest brush. I'm glad I don't have small children living with me although my grandkids visit. My autistic grandchild turn on the burners but we were there. Recently my griddle knob locked in place and won't turn. I have an extended warranty with Lowe's so we will see how that goes. I paid 1,700 for the stove plus 150.00 for the warranty. The stove is 4 years old.

Purchased the oven on July 15, 2015. Used the self-cleaning feature for the first time today. The oven blew up. Fire Department came and condemned the oven. Said it was defective. KitchenAid is refusing to acknowledge that this is defective. On the phone for 3 hours, transferred everywhere. This double oven cost us over $3000.00 and they are refusing to offer any assistance. The snottiest customer service rep I have ever encountered... MARCIE IN BENTON HARBOR, MICHIGAN. I was traumatized by the explosion and the resulting smoke. KitchenAid... You should be ashamed of yourselves. How do you sleep at night reading all of these terrible reviews of your supposedly premium products?

Great looking 30 inch range with double oven and four burners and center hot plate. Bottom oven a little too low, tough bending over to pull up a 22 lb. turkey. Other than that it's a beautiful thing.

We built a home and bought all appliances new. The flat top stove is KitchenAid and we bought all in May 2016. Moved in Oct 2016 and used the stove several times to find out even with the stove cleaner it was not a good stove. You can see the eyes that we use they have like white built-in marks on top and I text the Co. - no answers back. No response.This cook top is bad.

We bought this KitchenAid Range in December 2015. One year and 2 weeks later the oven stops working on Christmas Day. No longer on warranty. This is the worst appliance I have ever owned. It takes a long time to preheat and the bottom baking drawer doesn't seal well. I wrote an email to KitchenAid customer service and have not received a response. I hope this review prevents others from buying this expensive, undependable range. This is a real lemon.

We purchased what we considered to be a top of the line Kitchenaid wall oven 3 years ago. On Thanksgiving morning this year the oven display said meat probe thermometer error. I was not using the meat probe, and have never used the meat probe thermometer. I cannot get the message to clear and cannot use my oven. My oven purchased ONLY THREE years ago!!! Will never buy another Kitchenaid anything! We thought we did our research – this oven received good marks from Consumer Reports. In addition while reading the manual that came with the oven shortly after purchase, it warned against using the self-cleaning feature. What?? Kitchenaid includes a feature and I'm sure we paid extra for it – that can cause the glass in oven to shatter. And then warns you in their own manual against using it! Do NOT Buy a Kitchenaid wall oven.

We recently bought a used KitchenAid stainless steel stove. The control knobs are at the front of the oven and we discovered that they are easily turned on with even the slightest touch or bump. Unfortunately, when working in the kitchen, I did not notice that I had lightly touched the control knob which turned on the High setting. Within minutes the high setting ignited the oil in the pan on a front burner and flames were shooting up hitting the over-the-stove microwave oven. The flames covered the bottom edge of the microwave and the plastic edge melted.

Luckily I was able to extinguish the fire, but my house has extensive smoke damage and could have completely gone up in flames. As well, the microwave oven is no longer useable. The stove knobs are a serious safety hazard as they can too easily be turned on with a light touch, a child's hand or even a dog sniffing the front of the stove. We are going to throw the stove out and never buy a KitchenAid appliance again.

We work with many Architects and homeowners that demand quality. When time came to remodel my own home, I wanted to go with the best appliances that we could afford at the time and the ones that offered the most value. Our research led us to KitchenAid appliances. Since the time we installed KitchenAid dishwasher, range, and microwave, all have been replaced except the range. With spending as much money on the range as we did, it was hard to just throw it away. When I mention my concerns and problems at the NAHB shows, the KitchenAid sales reps state "that was the old KitchenAid, we did have problems with them, but things have changed since then."

My point is if you're selling your product as best value, and a high-end product, you earn that title not just display it. You don't acknowledge that you had a problem then sweep it under the rug. You earn it by standing behind your product. I write this as I decide to throw another $500 at the repair of this stove or throw in the towel. Did I mention that we too had to turn our electric breaker off because the stove top would not turn off, then another time it would come on without turning the knobs. If this had happened to one of our projects, the range would have been removed immediately regardless of price and replaced with a manufactured product that cares for its customers.

I am writing this review to help others avoid getting into the situation I was in with the purchase of the KitchenAid KFGG500ESS gas range. I ignored reviews which warned of the same problems I ended up having so I thought I'd confirm that I think there is a problem. Buyer beware! I had to have service out immediately because the oven was not true to temperature even after calibrating it up 30 degrees. I ruined several meals because they just wouldn't cook thoroughly and finally gave up trying. Also, the control panel was extremely difficult to press and hurt my fingers. I ended up using the back of a spoon to press the buttons which seemed like a ridiculous way to have to use a brand new appliance.

It took the service company two weeks to order the parts and get the tech to come out - all that time without the use of the brand new oven. The range needed a new control board and temperature sensor which didn't fix the problem to my satisfaction. The oven still baked unevenly and the control panel was still difficult to use.

The biggest problem was that the stainless steel panel behind the knobs got extremely hot and when you touched it or brushed by it, you could get burned which is very dangerous especially for small children. I was told by the service tech that KitchenAid told him that is just the way it is and there is no way to fix that issue. He said that KitchenAid tests the products before they are sent out and they are up to standards. I do not want to have a stove in my house that will burn someone if they touch it (along with the other problems with the stove that were not resolved) so the store I purchased it from agreed to exchange it for another range.

In the end (2 months after my initial purchase of the KitchenAid) I got a Bosch range installed and it works beautifully and is perfect in every way. Unfortunately, I was told by the assistant manager of the the big box store that the KitchenAid I returned was put back on the floor at a discount to try to sell to someone else! Shame on them!

Have been in home for four years. Have a KitchenAid built in Oven, Electric with Microwave model number: kems308sss04. Microwave works but does not heat. Called in service. After three hours both sensors were replaced... then after being placed back in the location the code F1 E5 inverter appears. Total of four hours... Not fixed... now 569.00. Called KitchenAid... Would charge 296.00 plus one year warranty... which I agreed to do. Although, they could not get the service tech out for a month... which is UNBELIEVABLE! Maybe a good product... but service is terrible.

I got this new KitchenAid stove 1500 and was so happy with the way it looks, but... What a horrible product this company made! First, I had to exchange this stove, because of the computer problems it had (exchanged it two times). Unfortunately it was over 30 days so I could not return it. Second, it takes over 30 minutes to preheat the oven! Third, after a month of using it two light bulbs went off!! At the same time!!!

Last, but not least their service team checked and stated that the temperature in the oven is right, but to roast or bake it takes twice as long! Not to mention that the glass top is made from some horrible material and it is very difficult to clean! And one area of glass is already chipped off!! I bought it in June 2016 four month ago! Don't buy Kitchenaid products!!!

Just had our 2 day old oven door shatter. We replaced a 1982 wall oven this week with a KitchenAid wall oven, model KOSE507ESS. It was installed yesterday. Tonight was the first time using the oven. I was preheating it to 400 degrees when I heard a loud pop and then glass was flying out of the bottom. The inside glass window shattered and glass is everywhere. I will be calling our appliance store first thing tomorrow morning. At the moment, no other damage has occurred to anything else other than the oven. I just want it fixed.

KitchenAid stove - KESA907PSS (ARCHITECTSERIES). Almost burned my house down last night - 10-05-2016. Well one of the knobs got stuck on this stove and had a mind of its own sometimes. I worked on and off. Then last night I was cooking on one stove top and baking at the same time all of a sudden the panel got piping hot and started to smoke. Could not touch the panel and I smelled fire and then I lost power to the stove. I read reviews about this particular model and two people said that it caught on fire and they caught it in time. I threw it away and I will never buy this brand again. I paid 1500 dollars for this slide in glass top stove. I don't know why KitchenAid is not standing behind their products. Why don't they admit there is a problem with the stove and recall it. DO NOT BUY KITCHENAID.

The door panel and control panel get too hot to touch. I had to wear my oven mitt to change the functions on the control panel. This KitchenAid oven (KSGG700ESS) is a safety hazard for anyone with children or others as the exterior becomes so hot, it is untouchable. I had the same oven delivered as a replacement, and had the exact same issue. Plus, KitchenAid is in denial, and takes multiple departments and calls to try to argue with them, this after a service tech came out, confirmed it was extremely hot, but wouldn't write the word defect. Did I mention that KitchenAid (KRSC503ESS) also delivered a new refrigerator that was a lemon with a freezer that did not get cold?

The oven pan is cheaply made. Horrible surface. Not easy to clean. Circular with 1" lip is fine. Wire thing fits inside fine. The pan itself is tarnished and may rust out over time. Should be able to make cookies on it but it is in too poor a shape.

The knobs on this range are made plastic on metal posts. The first knob wore and broke within the first year of using the range. The ceramic top range is slow to heat and then superheats once cooking begins. The oven temps are way variable and cooking times are way off from recipes. I have ordered two new knobs at the cost of almost $40 and I know that the other two should be replaced as they will break any day. I use my range nearly every day and thought that KitchenAid was a good brand when I bought it. I am sorry to say that I do not recommend that anyone buy this brand right now. Maybe they will improve but I think that they are making their money on replacement parts.

We have had this range for 6 years. If you check the service calls, 3 have been for the oven not reaching maximum temperature. Each service call is close to or more than $200.00. The temperature works for a while and then returns to 259 degrees. Never been fixed properly. Now we have an error F2E1, service call $125.00. The repairman said we have an error F2E1 and we would have to order a new keyboard. Really $125.00 to tell us what we already knew. Now, to make matters worse he said this part, estimated cost $500.00, may not correct the problem and further work/parts would be needed and he wouldn't know until he tried the new part. The most frustrating part is he said the keyboard part could not be returned if further work was necessary thus increasing the price and that couldn't be determined until he started the work! So, we have decided to buy a new gas range and a new fridge and obviously neither one will be a KitchenAid.

I have purchased KitchenAid stove the latest model and the top glass cracked within 6 Month of the purchase and I have called KitchenAid and they told me that they will not cover the cooktop. I am not sure what the warranty is for. We do have a lot issues with Kitchen product in the house. I would recommend that do not buy kitchenAid products as the products are expensive and issues with quality and reliability.

We bought a new KitchenAid gas range Model in 2014. The model# is KGRS505XSS. Within 1 year, one knob got stuck in off position. We had to pay $150 to service appliance person to get that fixed. Then less 1 year later a different knob has been stuck in off position. This is completely random and happens when we're not even operating the knob. An amateur layperson cannot fix it. For the 30 years that we have been owning other gas ranges and operating it in similar home type situations, this has never happened to us. This KitchenAid unit is defective OR this could be a basic design flaw. Beware of this type of problem and do NOT buy KitchenAid for this reason.

Buyer Beware! My partner and I bought a $6,000 KitchenAid 36-inch dual-fuel range about 12 years ago. Since then, the oven has failed three times, the last time for good. When I called the manager of the expensive appliance store where we bought it, Cocoplum, in Essex Junction, VT, he told me that we had "a lemon" and went on to say that the company was no longer any good.

The problem, according to him, is that the high temperatures of the self-cleaning oven (which we have not used often) "do not play well" with the complex electronics of the stove. Bottom line: after 12 years, we have had to plunk down $7,000 for a new stove, this time a Thermador with gas only. There is a class-action lawsuit being brought against the company in New York, and other reviews online confirm our expensive bad experience.

Stove is just a couple of years old. Put foil in bottom and now can't clean the residue. Outside the stainless steel is pitting. Lastly heat doesn't seem distribute evenly. Would never buy this brand again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

KitchenAid has been an iconic name in household appliances since its founding in 1919 and the introduction of its flagship automatic mixer. It began producing cooking appliances in 1985.

• Product selection: KitchenAid's line of cooking appliances is one of the largest in the industry, giving buyers a wealth of choices.
  • Freestanding options: KitchenAid's selection of freestanding appliances provides an array of options for buyers designing cooking islands and other non-traditional kitchen layouts.
  • Heating options: KitchenAid maintains one of the industry's largest selections of options for heating technologies.
  • Robust support: The company's online support options are easy to access and provide a wealth of information and replacement parts.
  • Traditional quality: KitchenAid's maintains that its tried-and-true quality is attributed to its long experience in the industry. The brand frequently eschews technology-driven special features in favor of dependable durability and use.
  • Best for Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves