KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Oven Model KGRS505XSS - Knobs on the front of the stove are dangerous. They turn on with the slightest brush. I'm glad I don't have small children living with me although my grandkids visit. My autistic grandchild turn on the burners but we were there. Recently my griddle knob locked in place and won't turn. I have an extended warranty with Lowe's so we will see how that goes. I paid 1,700 for the stove plus 150.00 for the warranty. The stove is 4 years old.

Purchased the oven on July 15, 2015. Used the self-cleaning feature for the first time today. The oven blew up. Fire Department came and condemned the oven. Said it was defective. KitchenAid is refusing to acknowledge that this is defective. On the phone for 3 hours, transferred everywhere. This double oven cost us over $3000.00 and they are refusing to offer any assistance. The snottiest customer service rep I have ever encountered... MARCIE IN BENTON HARBOR, MICHIGAN. I was traumatized by the explosion and the resulting smoke. KitchenAid... You should be ashamed of yourselves. How do you sleep at night reading all of these terrible reviews of your supposedly premium products?

Great looking 30 inch range with double oven and four burners and center hot plate. Bottom oven a little too low, tough bending over to pull up a 22 lb. turkey. Other than that it's a beautiful thing.

We built a home and bought all appliances new. The flat top stove is KitchenAid and we bought all in May 2016. Moved in Oct 2016 and used the stove several times to find out even with the stove cleaner it was not a good stove. You can see the eyes that we use they have like white built-in marks on top and I text the Co. - no answers back. No response.This cook top is bad.

We bought this KitchenAid Range in December 2015. One year and 2 weeks later the oven stops working on Christmas Day. No longer on warranty. This is the worst appliance I have ever owned. It takes a long time to preheat and the bottom baking drawer doesn't seal well. I wrote an email to KitchenAid customer service and have not received a response. I hope this review prevents others from buying this expensive, undependable range. This is a real lemon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

We purchased what we considered to be a top of the line Kitchenaid wall oven 3 years ago. On Thanksgiving morning this year the oven display said meat probe thermometer error. I was not using the meat probe, and have never used the meat probe thermometer. I cannot get the message to clear and cannot use my oven. My oven purchased ONLY THREE years ago!!! Will never buy another Kitchenaid anything! We thought we did our research – this oven received good marks from Consumer Reports. In addition while reading the manual that came with the oven shortly after purchase, it warned against using the self-cleaning feature. What?? Kitchenaid includes a feature and I'm sure we paid extra for it – that can cause the glass in oven to shatter. And then warns you in their own manual against using it! Do NOT Buy a Kitchenaid wall oven.

We recently bought a used KitchenAid stainless steel stove. The control knobs are at the front of the oven and we discovered that they are easily turned on with even the slightest touch or bump. Unfortunately, when working in the kitchen, I did not notice that I had lightly touched the control knob which turned on the High setting. Within minutes the high setting ignited the oil in the pan on a front burner and flames were shooting up hitting the over-the-stove microwave oven. The flames covered the bottom edge of the microwave and the plastic edge melted.

Luckily I was able to extinguish the fire, but my house has extensive smoke damage and could have completely gone up in flames. As well, the microwave oven is no longer useable. The stove knobs are a serious safety hazard as they can too easily be turned on with a light touch, a child's hand or even a dog sniffing the front of the stove. We are going to throw the stove out and never buy a KitchenAid appliance again.

We work with many Architects and homeowners that demand quality. When time came to remodel my own home, I wanted to go with the best appliances that we could afford at the time and the ones that offered the most value. Our research led us to KitchenAid appliances. Since the time we installed KitchenAid dishwasher, range, and microwave, all have been replaced except the range. With spending as much money on the range as we did, it was hard to just throw it away. When I mention my concerns and problems at the NAHB shows, the KitchenAid sales reps state "that was the old KitchenAid, we did have problems with them, but things have changed since then."

My point is if you're selling your product as best value, and a high-end product, you earn that title not just display it. You don't acknowledge that you had a problem then sweep it under the rug. You earn it by standing behind your product. I write this as I decide to throw another $500 at the repair of this stove or throw in the towel. Did I mention that we too had to turn our electric breaker off because the stove top would not turn off, then another time it would come on without turning the knobs. If this had happened to one of our projects, the range would have been removed immediately regardless of price and replaced with a manufactured product that cares for its customers.

I am writing this review to help others avoid getting into the situation I was in with the purchase of the KitchenAid KFGG500ESS gas range. I ignored reviews which warned of the same problems I ended up having so I thought I'd confirm that I think there is a problem. Buyer beware! I had to have service out immediately because the oven was not true to temperature even after calibrating it up 30 degrees. I ruined several meals because they just wouldn't cook thoroughly and finally gave up trying. Also, the control panel was extremely difficult to press and hurt my fingers. I ended up using the back of a spoon to press the buttons which seemed like a ridiculous way to have to use a brand new appliance.

It took the service company two weeks to order the parts and get the tech to come out - all that time without the use of the brand new oven. The range needed a new control board and temperature sensor which didn't fix the problem to my satisfaction. The oven still baked unevenly and the control panel was still difficult to use.

The biggest problem was that the stainless steel panel behind the knobs got extremely hot and when you touched it or brushed by it, you could get burned which is very dangerous especially for small children. I was told by the service tech that KitchenAid told him that is just the way it is and there is no way to fix that issue. He said that KitchenAid tests the products before they are sent out and they are up to standards. I do not want to have a stove in my house that will burn someone if they touch it (along with the other problems with the stove that were not resolved) so the store I purchased it from agreed to exchange it for another range.

In the end (2 months after my initial purchase of the KitchenAid) I got a Bosch range installed and it works beautifully and is perfect in every way. Unfortunately, I was told by the assistant manager of the the big box store that the KitchenAid I returned was put back on the floor at a discount to try to sell to someone else! Shame on them!

Have been in home for four years. Have a KitchenAid built in Oven, Electric with Microwave model number: kems308sss04. Microwave works but does not heat. Called in service. After three hours both sensors were replaced... then after being placed back in the location the code F1 E5 inverter appears. Total of four hours... Not fixed... now 569.00. Called KitchenAid... Would charge 296.00 plus one year warranty... which I agreed to do. Although, they could not get the service tech out for a month... which is UNBELIEVABLE! Maybe a good product... but service is terrible.

I got this new KitchenAid stove 1500 and was so happy with the way it looks, but... What a horrible product this company made! First, I had to exchange this stove, because of the computer problems it had (exchanged it two times). Unfortunately it was over 30 days so I could not return it. Second, it takes over 30 minutes to preheat the oven! Third, after a month of using it two light bulbs went off!! At the same time!!!

Last, but not least their service team checked and stated that the temperature in the oven is right, but to roast or bake it takes twice as long! Not to mention that the glass top is made from some horrible material and it is very difficult to clean! And one area of glass is already chipped off!! I bought it in June 2016 four month ago! Don't buy Kitchenaid products!!!

Just had our 2 day old oven door shatter. We replaced a 1982 wall oven this week with a KitchenAid wall oven, model KOSE507ESS. It was installed yesterday. Tonight was the first time using the oven. I was preheating it to 400 degrees when I heard a loud pop and then glass was flying out of the bottom. The inside glass window shattered and glass is everywhere. I will be calling our appliance store first thing tomorrow morning. At the moment, no other damage has occurred to anything else other than the oven. I just want it fixed.

KitchenAid stove - KESA907PSS (ARCHITECTSERIES). Almost burned my house down last night - 10-05-2016. Well one of the knobs got stuck on this stove and had a mind of its own sometimes. I worked on and off. Then last night I was cooking on one stove top and baking at the same time all of a sudden the panel got piping hot and started to smoke. Could not touch the panel and I smelled fire and then I lost power to the stove. I read reviews about this particular model and two people said that it caught on fire and they caught it in time. I threw it away and I will never buy this brand again. I paid 1500 dollars for this slide in glass top stove. I don't know why KitchenAid is not standing behind their products. Why don't they admit there is a problem with the stove and recall it. DO NOT BUY KITCHENAID.

The door panel and control panel get too hot to touch. I had to wear my oven mitt to change the functions on the control panel. This KitchenAid oven (KSGG700ESS) is a safety hazard for anyone with children or others as the exterior becomes so hot, it is untouchable. I had the same oven delivered as a replacement, and had the exact same issue. Plus, KitchenAid is in denial, and takes multiple departments and calls to try to argue with them, this after a service tech came out, confirmed it was extremely hot, but wouldn't write the word defect. Did I mention that KitchenAid (KRSC503ESS) also delivered a new refrigerator that was a lemon with a freezer that did not get cold?

The oven pan is cheaply made. Horrible surface. Not easy to clean. Circular with 1" lip is fine. Wire thing fits inside fine. The pan itself is tarnished and may rust out over time. Should be able to make cookies on it but it is in too poor a shape.

The knobs on this range are made plastic on metal posts. The first knob wore and broke within the first year of using the range. The ceramic top range is slow to heat and then superheats once cooking begins. The oven temps are way variable and cooking times are way off from recipes. I have ordered two new knobs at the cost of almost $40 and I know that the other two should be replaced as they will break any day. I use my range nearly every day and thought that KitchenAid was a good brand when I bought it. I am sorry to say that I do not recommend that anyone buy this brand right now. Maybe they will improve but I think that they are making their money on replacement parts.

We have had this range for 6 years. If you check the service calls, 3 have been for the oven not reaching maximum temperature. Each service call is close to or more than $200.00. The temperature works for a while and then returns to 259 degrees. Never been fixed properly. Now we have an error F2E1, service call $125.00. The repairman said we have an error F2E1 and we would have to order a new keyboard. Really $125.00 to tell us what we already knew. Now, to make matters worse he said this part, estimated cost $500.00, may not correct the problem and further work/parts would be needed and he wouldn't know until he tried the new part. The most frustrating part is he said the keyboard part could not be returned if further work was necessary thus increasing the price and that couldn't be determined until he started the work! So, we have decided to buy a new gas range and a new fridge and obviously neither one will be a KitchenAid.

I have purchased KitchenAid stove the latest model and the top glass cracked within 6 Month of the purchase and I have called KitchenAid and they told me that they will not cover the cooktop. I am not sure what the warranty is for. We do have a lot issues with Kitchen product in the house. I would recommend that do not buy kitchenAid products as the products are expensive and issues with quality and reliability.

We bought a new KitchenAid gas range Model in 2014. The model# is KGRS505XSS. Within 1 year, one knob got stuck in off position. We had to pay $150 to service appliance person to get that fixed. Then less 1 year later a different knob has been stuck in off position. This is completely random and happens when we're not even operating the knob. An amateur layperson cannot fix it. For the 30 years that we have been owning other gas ranges and operating it in similar home type situations, this has never happened to us. This KitchenAid unit is defective OR this could be a basic design flaw. Beware of this type of problem and do NOT buy KitchenAid for this reason.

Buyer Beware! My partner and I bought a $6,000 KitchenAid 36-inch dual-fuel range about 12 years ago. Since then, the oven has failed three times, the last time for good. When I called the manager of the expensive appliance store where we bought it, Cocoplum, in Essex Junction, VT, he told me that we had "a lemon" and went on to say that the company was no longer any good.

The problem, according to him, is that the high temperatures of the self-cleaning oven (which we have not used often) "do not play well" with the complex electronics of the stove. Bottom line: after 12 years, we have had to plunk down $7,000 for a new stove, this time a Thermador with gas only. There is a class-action lawsuit being brought against the company in New York, and other reviews online confirm our expensive bad experience.

Stove is just a couple of years old. Put foil in bottom and now can't clean the residue. Outside the stainless steel is pitting. Lastly heat doesn't seem distribute evenly. Would never buy this brand again.

This is probably the worst oven I've ever had. It take 20 minutes for it to heat up to 425 degrees and just as long for any other temp. The noise it makes is annoying. Why they put the fan in the oven is beyond me. I wish I was told that it was noisy and slow! It gets hotter as you bake also. I would not buy another one.

Provided by contractor - 6 burner stove top, large oven. Gas range, electric oven - the preferred method of most cooks - at least the ones that are getting up there in age! Great size oven so when whole family gets together - over 20 and adding - it is big enough to accommodate all dishes - top with 6 burners is big enough to let 2 people cook comfortably - the more the merrier!

Kitchenaid Gas free standing range. I always thought Kitchenaid was a dependable brand. I believe this range cost us $1700. I liked that it had convection oven and that the grates on top covered the entire top so no matter what size pan or griddle you used it did not wobble. This range turned out to be the worst range I have ever owned! The repair man knew us by name including our dogs! The other terrible thing about it is we had to order this range and had to pay in advance of receiving it. Purchased at Westar in Tucson Arizona. The range did not come in for 5!!! Months.

AND to make matters worse our warranty started from the day we ordered it! Kitchenaid policy! I went on facebook and wished I had done that before the purchase because there were literally hundreds and hundreds of complaints. When I suggested we all get together and start a class action law suit Kitchenaid blocked me from posting on their wall. I will NEVER buy a Kitchenaid again. My advice would be stay away from Kitchenaid. They are not what they used to be. You pay alot of money for nothing!

I now research completely before I buy any appliances. I take my time, I ask around. Sometimes the less expensive brands are 100% better. It took so long to get this range that after my complaining weekly (because every week they said it would be in that week) they finally gave me a GE use in the meantime since I had NO range. The GE they loaned me was a $700 range but after finally getting the Kitchenaid I realized the GE ran circles around the KA.

I bought this range during a kitchen remodel some months ago. While it is a good-looking range, it is dangerously easy to turn the knobs on without noticing. If you lean against the knobs, I'd even say brush up against them, they turn on with no flame, and you end up with gas escaping until somebody smells it. My spouse has no sense of smell, so it's usually me that notices. I'd say this happens weekly at least. (You also have to be very careful not to lean on the control panel on the top of the stove, as that will turn on the ovens.) Overall, as I said, a nice looking range but this is a design flaw that so far KitchenAid have refused to acknowledge. When I contacted them about it, they told me I could buy bushings to prevent this happening - so why do they sell bushings if they don't think it's a problem? Very disappointed.

Bought a kitchen high end gas double over stove and refrigerator. Thought it was best. Boy was I wrong. Was 4 years ago November, first the paint on bottom oven started to crack and peel. Call CS and was offered a 700 to go toward a new one which I paid 2500 for in the first place. Since then the top oven doesn't always work and when opening the top oven door it falls off. We are older so it's not been abused. Still looks new but junk. Going to go with LG or Samsung next. I am done with anything KitchenAid. They do NOT stand by their product at all.

Stove - YKERS303BSSO: The coating on the control panel is peeling and the lettering is part of this coating, this is going to affect the readability of the knobs in future if we cannot get this resolved. Since we bought this stove in June 2014 should be a warranty on this type of thing happening? We always use only mild dish soap and a soft cloth to clean it. Sent an email to http://www.whirlpoolappliances.ca twice, second time included photos was told both times, that they recommend calling into their Customer Service Department at 1-800-807-6777 to have this issue resolved. They'll probably tell us to change the control panel, which will probably cost 1/3 of what a brand new stove would cost. Also, the oven inside window has water/steam stains, how do we get them clean?

Apparently when you buy KitchenAid top of the line range (KDRU783VSS), it does not have the auto shut off baking function. It just basically alerts you when the time is up like the timer. Does turn on when delay time is used, but you have to manually shut it off. What a crock. I'm glad Whirlpool bought them out. Maybe they will terminate KitchenAid. They used to be good. Nothing but crap now. I'm sure to leave a review. Also bought the french door fridge and it would throw ice around your glass and end up on the floor. We got a replacement and it did the same thing. We finally had to upgrade so it would stop doing that. Now I can't get the water filter to reset on the new one. We bought the whole kitchen including microwave and dishwasher. So far the last two are doing fine. Stay away from kitchen-headache!! Buy something else. Anything else.

KitchenAid freestanding induction range model KIRS608bss, purchased new, 4/12/13 3 months later the oven stopped working. I bake a lot so I knew when my baked products were taking 20 minutes longer than normal. I called for service and the first 2 times the tech literally said that all oven temperatures vary, this is to be expected! By the 3 call my oven started blinking message across the stovetop panel. They finally replace the computer system and told me I no longer had a warranty. At this point my range was 4 months old.. This same model although the oven is working the cleaning part is not. I have tried multiple time but the water does not get hot enough or steam long enough to clean the oven.

To make matters worse, the front glass panel has so many grease stains in between the two glass panels that I'm embarrassed to have people in my kitchen as it appears I have never cleaned the glass.. I was told the only way it can be cleaned is to remove the screws and bolts inside, clean the inside of the panels then replace. The technician also said it's a waste of time as those streaks will come back the first time you use your oven and each time you remove the screws the tightness of the door panel loosens and heat will escape..

We have a Kitchenaid Superba stove and oven model KGRT607HWH6. It was in our house when we moved in 2004. It has a glass backsplash. Three years ago the backsplash exploded with my 10 year old twin sons and a teenage friend and myself standing within three feet of it. We are lucky we were not hurt. I think the pots cooking on the stove may have been touching the backsplash and it just got too hot. But, what a stupid design for a stove top! The repairman did order a new backsplash for $100. For years I would find tiny pieces of glass stuck in corners and crevices in my kitchen. I guess I should be ashamed to admit it, but I have never used the self-cleaning feature and the oven is quite dirty. I started to look for instructions on-line, but, after reading all the complaints I am scared to try the self-cleaning feature. The instructions say to not use a commercial product. Not sure what I should do.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

KitchenAid has been an iconic name in household appliances since its founding in 1919 and the introduction of its flagship automatic mixer. It began producing cooking appliances in 1985.

• Product selection: KitchenAid's line of cooking appliances is one of the largest in the industry, giving buyers a wealth of choices.
  • Freestanding options: KitchenAid's selection of freestanding appliances provides an array of options for buyers designing cooking islands and other non-traditional kitchen layouts.
  • Heating options: KitchenAid maintains one of the industry's largest selections of options for heating technologies.
  • Robust support: The company's online support options are easy to access and provide a wealth of information and replacement parts.
  • Traditional quality: KitchenAid's maintains that its tried-and-true quality is attributed to its long experience in the industry. The brand frequently eschews technology-driven special features in favor of dependable durability and use.
  • Best for Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves