1.32/5
Based on 451 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

850 KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This cleaning technology is a complete joke. KitchenAid/Whirpool solution is to buy their "cleaning kit" a sponge and a plastic scraper. Food is caked on the inside and does not come off. You can't use any chemical cleaners either so you're looking at a 2-hour cleaning job to maybe get this oven clean. I'm shocked that they are still selling ovens with this bogus technology.

After running the cycle multiple times some of what's on the bottom comes off after some scrubbing but the sides are still filthy. KitchenAid and Whirlpool need to do a recall and buy all these garbage ovens back from consumers. I paid $2k for my oven and after calling to complain to KitchenAid they had the nerve to tell me a tech could come out but if they decided the oven was working as designed, I would be charged. As designed - so does that mean they know it doesn't work and they come out and say "yep, it's not working - as designed" that will be $150 please. I will never buy another Whirlpool product again!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Bought all new matching stainless steel KitchenAid appliances (dishwasher, stove, refrigerator, microwave/convection oven) about one year ago and have been very disappointed with the lack of quality and performance in the stove and refrigerator from the start. Thought KitchenAid was a top brand but obviously not any longer. The pieces look sharp in the showroom but buyer beware! The stove - glass top scratches easily, requires extensive cleaning/buffing after every use, the self cleaning oven feature really does not work at all, takes forever to preheat the oven. The refrigerator - cheaply made vegetable bins that fall apart (front panel comes off), water filter needs to be replaced almost monthly. The dishwasher is the only appliance I have no major complaints for. Very quiet and does a good job on plates, glasses, and silverware (wash pots by hand). I regret not updating the GE Profile appliances I replaced with this purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Less than a year old KitchenAid stove oven racks falling off on one side. Thanksgiving turkey dinner and grease spilled over caused fire! This is a safety issue, government needs to step in. The company knows these racks are an issue! I had to pick one star - would have picked none if allowed!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We purchased all new kitchen appliances last September, 2017. Bought KitchenAid mainly because my dishwasher just died after 27 years, so we were pleased with its quality. We bought the items in black stainless. The electric stove top is the hardest top I have ever cleaned, I am a little ocd and hate smear marks on my stove top, and also it seems that the only thing to use to get burnt on spots or food off, is an SOS pad, referred to me by the owner of the appliance store. Also the so called Aqua lift for cleaning the oven, even after doing it twice in a row, is a joke! Still had to go in and clean up the grease and burnt on stuff, and then soak up all the water!! Also when turning on the oven, it seems to take forever to heat up to your desired temperature. Very disappointed, and will never buy KitchenAid again!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Top oven quit working. Press 'Bake', then 'Start' and it just sits there 'Preheating' and doesn't get to temperature. Doesn't heat up at all. Bottom oven works fine. Two days before Thanksgiving and it's the worst time to quit working.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The Aqualift in this oven does not clean. I just finished scrubbing the oven as I had to before self-cleaning ovens. Had I known I never would have bought this very expensive range (over $3,000). Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My KitchenAid model# KFEG500E does not hold the correct temperature for more than 20 minutes before it drops 15 to 20 degrees. It is near impossible to bake anything and have it be done at the correct time. I am shocked that the KitchenAid brand is so inferior to what it once was. My old KitchenAid oven served my family for 36 years before it finally died. My KitchenAid dishwasher is still going after 37 years and hope it lasts a little longer as I hate to see how bad the new ones are. It sure will not be a KitchenAid!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am a single mom who worked hard to purchase the gas range of my dreams. But ever since I bought this range it has been one nightmare after another. The oven glass shattered on its own one day when I was sitting in the kitchen having my coffee; the gas leaks every time I turn on the top oven; the knobs constantly break and have to be replaced every two years. Sometimes I really think this range is possessed! Possessed or not, this range is a hazard that I need to get rid of very quickly. If you are considering purchasing one of these ranges, think again. By far the worst decision my life.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I am a semi retired senior that saved to purchase my last (what I thought at the time) kitchen range. I have owned KitchenAid ranges in the past and have been very pleased. There were two reasons I purchased this particular brand, it doesn't make any fan noises and for the self cleaning system. To my delight the stove is very quiet and allows an option to turn off all the normal beeping noises and the elements work well. That being said I have never been so disappointed with an oven cleaning system, it DOES NOT WORK AT ALL and yet the company continues to produce this system misleading the public. To me this is a criminal offense except I have no way to make them accountable. I am so disappointed with KitchenAid that they would associate themselves with such an inferior product. It is crucial for me to have a self clean oven and as one of thousands I am now stuck with a product I have come to hate in my kitchen.

I am an avid cook and now find there are many products I am unwilling to cook as I have no way to clean my oven. I made wonderful Yorkshire puddings the other night and my husband spent two hours trying to clean the oven but the interior is so shoddy (not really a porcelain coating just some cheap material that can't withstand a proper cleaning and won't come clean with water being heated to 200F doesn't matter how many times you try). The first time after I used the self clean (I have only had the stove for 4 months and cleaned it 5 times) I sat down and cried, having spent so much money and having so much disappointment was a bit overwhelming. I called the place I bought it, they are really great, said the only thing they could do was to sell me a different stove at cost. I appreciated that but I now don't have the funds to do this or I would just to get rid of my stove. I have an extended warranty but this is not considered a warranty issue.

I really have trouble with KitchenAid not standing behind their product but more so with a problem they know exists but keep producing, and as consumers we seem powerless to enforce change. As a side note, the oven wasn't hot enough and it does have an option to calibrate the temp. but even so because the oven is not well insulated or made of quality porcelain. During the cooking the temp. can drop as much as 50 degrees before it heats up again which can really affect the cooking process. So all around in general not very happy.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Bought the range in March of this year for my mom. The salesman said the KitchenAid was a good brand (upper middle market), it has good looks, and a large oven. What he failed to mention is that they typically last 3-4 weeks, and you shouldn’t use them for cooking or they may get damaged :(. Within days of use enamel started falling off in the oven cavity - very dangerous when it lands on food, a couple months after the plastic door trim started peeling off and lately the cooktop scratched. We are extremely careful with all our appliances, we still use our green Admiral stove from the 60s and it is mint condition - I don’t understand how the KitchenAid stove can be so poorly built. I thought I was getting better value but in hindsight I should have gotten the basic GE stove. In conclusion, I do not recommend the stove, unless it is for display only, you are better off getting one at Goodwill.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Recently purchased a top of the line KitchenAid Induction Range... Beautiful looking stove it is a $4500 range... Not a baseline model by all means kind of in the high mid-range market. Of course like everyone does made sure it noted self cleaning and for me it is especially important because I was in a really bad car accident and I am unable to use my left side only 50%. It is a button clear as they noted on the product "Aqualift Self Clean." Watched the video on how to use the feature and how great it works and they use a simulation from a computer... Not a real time real oven video and it is pretty clear why because it does NOT WORK! Went back and read the instructions. Pour 16 ounces of water in the bottom of the stove, remove the racks and hit the self clean button and in 40 minutes you should be able to wipe the oven clean.

Well folks to be blunt... You can't wipe **! It actually bakes the grease on the back, sides and glass of the oven more because the steam helps it spread and when you go to wipe it the cloth gets stuck as the grease is sticky and tacky. Bought the oven in May, didn't move into the home until July and tried cleaning it in Sept so literally 3 months. Wasn't really that dirty but Grandpa came over and put some meatballs on a tray and didn't cover them so there was some grease splatter. Well should have been a simple task for any real self cleaning oven but nope not one bit came off. In fact I tried cleaning the glass with the scrubby they provide etc and nothing. It is baked right on from the Aqualift.

Did some research and guess what Whirlpool knows it doesn't work but continues to advertise as such! They are even in a class action law suite and when you read all the literature on the oven and the Aqualift capabilities and how great it is for the environment, no smell and simple wipe up technology wow you are sold but I guarantee you will be fooled. Even the techs that come into your home know that the product doesn't work.

So to be clear when it is time to clean you add 16 ounces of water, take out the racks hit the button and in 40 mins voila. At the bottom of your stove you have 16 ounces of water that you need to now try to get out of the bottom of your stove, the grease splatter is not wipeable and now more than ever all over the back, sides, glass and bottom of your stove and absolutely will not budge without a harsh toxic chemical of some sort and some serious elbow grease and at least two hours of your time. (Don't forget about the water that is at least 40 mins to try and get all of that cleaned up and out of there.) BUT YOU VOID YOUR WARRANTY if you use any chemicals in this oven as you damage the finish that is supposed to be non stick but is not? You VOID THE WARRANTY if you use a scrubber other than the Whirlpool approved scrubber?

They have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and folks... this means Jack because they do not stand by it. I am 100% not satisfied and have called to try to work something out with them along with the other 1000s of people who have been ripped off in this scam and let me tell you they 100% don't give a crap if you are satisfied or not... If they did they wouldn't sell the Aqualift product anymore as it has caused them a slight headache. Instead of taking accountability or doing what is right and having some integrity they don't honor their guarantees, do not stand by their products and as consumers we continue to buy and raise their shares and make the higher ups rich while they buy other brands of appliances and laugh at us who are buying their brands!

Oh yeah by the way the induction works great... Boils water in 30 seconds and one night just before bed the stove top all on its own turned on and became very hot melting the components all under the glass top and creating heat and warping my brand new kitchen cabinets. Stove wasn't on and they said it is a rare malfunction. WOW!!! So yeah not only is the Aqualift Defective and a whole lot of false advertising and fake promises going on... Some of the stoves have the ability to cause a fire and burn you and your family to the ground. All this for $4399.00. If you're lucky you can get it on sale for $3500 like I did. :) What a joke!

Don't think that Lowe's or any other of the big box brand stores will help you either. Lol they only offer 30 day warranty on appliances. I bought $8000.00 in appliances from Lowe's in addition to $3000 in yard appliances in the last 3 months and they still wouldn't even help... Again why would they sell these products? They don't even care if the products they have in their stores actually work. Not happy that consumers have no recourse on any of this and this isn't enforced... in any way to protect US the people. Protect yourself by NOT buying and boycotting and hitting them where it hurts which is their share price. Thanks everyone and good luck!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased a KitchenAid 2 burner gas grill 2 yrs ago. The supports from the flame guards have completely fallen off! They have basically burned to a crisp and this grill was more expensive than the ones we have purchasing the past! There is 2 in my home so it’s not like we cook for the neighborhood! The grill is not in the elements so exposure is it the issue. It’s just shotty design! I expected better from KitchenAid!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We bought a dual oven Kitchen Aid True Convection Oven with Induction cook top (Model YKFID500ESS). We started noticing blue flakes in the rag when cleaning the upper oven. Then 2 weeks after the warranty was up the surface started flake away in the front edge of the bottom surface of the upper oven. When we contacted Whirlpool they said this wasn’t a recorded problem from anyone else and they would not be covering it. They told me they would have just used touch up paint even if it was still under warranty. We luckily had bought an extended warranty and when they came out the tech said it was not repairable. The warranty company covered it under their lemon clause.

We then ordered another identical range to replace it thinking it was a one of problem. I checked out the new range before I accepted it and found the same issue with the surface in the same location already bubbling. We would not accept the range and had it returned to the store. I now have to contact the store and look for another option because I will never buy another Kitchen Aid appliance. Whirlpool needs to come clean about this issue and everyone with this model needs to take a close look at their top oven's surface.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

This range (Frigidaire Gallery 30" electric range model# CGEF304DK) was included in our new home purchased last year. The range looks nice but the oven racks repeatedly fall down causing the food and pans to spill out! This problem I was told was due to my neglect. Are they kidding? Steel racks are not long enough to stay in contact with the oven sides! The racks are not distorted or bent they just fall down. This could cause serious flesh burns and or a catastrophic fire if unattended for any short time period. KitchenAid totally abandoned their responsibility in this matter. Also the convection fan failed to operate. This upscale range is not older than 3 years, it's a disgrace. We put tin cans in to support the racks when using the oven. Pitifully sad. DON'T PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCTS.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Bought this range 3 1/2 years ago and it worked fine until last Friday when it exploded in my face, burning my forearm. Shards of the glass top hit me in the face drawing blood. Fortunately, nothing in the kitchen caught fire and I didn't lose an eye. After two phone calls and more than an hour on the phone with two KitchenAid representatives, they declined to have a repair person come out to evaluate the damage and make a determination of whether it should be replaced or not. After I called around to find someone who could replace the product at our own expense, we found out that KitchenAid does not pay service people for warranty work so nobody in our area would come out to see it unless we paid them ourselves--which we are now going to do.

From close examination of the damage, our best guess is there was an internal gas leak within the unit that ignited by the burner's ignition spark as I began to prepare a meal, causing an explosion that burned my arm and shattered the glass top, sending shards of glass more than 30 feet. Please keep your family safe! Do not purchase this dangerous product. And, consider avoiding all KitchenAid products if you want them to deal fairly with you. We will take our business elsewhere.

Resolution response: Oct. 12, 2018

As I promised the KitchenAid Quality Team I am back to update my original review. The technician that came finally changed out several parts to fix the broiler issue. Since this time we have used the broiler many times and it appears to be functioning well. Getting KitchenAid to cover the entire parts and labor repair was a challenge but in the end they did. Kudos to them for finally stepping up and supporting their product.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased this gas range November 2016 for $1200. I have been trying to get the broiler fixed ever since. When the technician comes out the broiler stays on for the 20 minutes he is observing. He leaves and we try to broil something and it lights but goes out in a few seconds. Yes, the door is closed as it's supposed to be. I can get it to work occasionally but this is unacceptable. KitchenAid has offered to pay for replacement parts, again, but this time I cover labor and service charge. Apparently this is a "gesture of goodwill". I really don't want a "gesture" but would rather have a good quality product that the company stands behind. I went with the KitchenAid name expecting good quality and great service. I know this is made by Whirlpool but I thought it was a step up in their line. I will be replacing it soon with something more reliable. I do not recommend KitchenAid based on poor quality and poor service.

Original review: May 21, 2018

In Nov. 2017 we installed KitchenAid double ovens, model KODE500EBS02. The ovens look very nice, but they are not for bakers. They take 10 to 15 minutes to preheat, they do not brown bake goods on the bottom, and they take longer to bake an item. The baked item is never done by the suggested time on a recipe. The ovens also bake hotter in the back. These were very expensive, so I am stuck with them, however, I would not recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I purchased the gas range (KitchenAid 30inch Aqua Clean Slide In Gas Range) November 15, 2015. After two weeks range stopped working. Repairman came out and wanted to replace a part, I said, "No. Want a new range." Didn’t want to start replacing parts on a new range. Six weeks later new second new range was installed. Four weeks later same problem, range stopped working. This time a new part was installed. Finally everything was working. I decided to try myself cleaning oven...what a joke! It did not clean, my oven was not that dirty. I called repairman and he told me his mom and aunt also purchased same oven and theirs does NOT clean like a normal self cleaning oven. They have to use a spray like Easy Off to get their oven cleaned. This is the worst oven I have ever owned. Don’t buy if you're looking for a self cleaning oven, as this one is NOT!

Original review: April 20, 2018

In December we purchased a complete appliance package from KitchenAid. When delivered the first problems were damaged interior of the dishwasher, fan on the microwave was hitting on something. KitchenAid sent out a service company to fix that problem. Next the interior of the oven start to fall apart. There were crack all along the bottom and pieces of the blue enamel started to break off. KitchenAid sent out another tech. And the stove top started having bubbles show up around the heating elements. KitchenAid sent out another tech. The tech said that the stove was bad and had to be replaced. KitchenAid fought us on the cooktop saying it was cosmetic and would not change it out. We told them no way. Brand new appliances should not be doing that after only a month. They only agreed to replace the glass top. The tech told us that they are experiencing a lot of problems with this new line of appliances.

The new oven microwave unit came in yesterday and the microwave doesn't work properly. The tech said that he has to open up a brand new appliance can take it apart to fix it. KitchenAid has been absolutely unhelpful. My next step is to call up an attorney! We have brand new appliances that are breaking down after a few week and the same day. I have no confidence in KitchenAid.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Our Gas Range/Oven is a little over two years old. It has a self cleaning feature, that you would think I should be able to use. The first few times it worked fine, no issues. I used the self cleaning feature in November of 2017 and received an error message, but didn't really tell me the problem, after it was done the oven door locked and I could not get it to open, even after I tried to cancel and reset. I had to call a repair person, since KitchenAid wanted no part of it, since it was no longer under warranty, how convenient. $180.00 dollars later it was repaired, I needed a new part, since the technician said that with the self cleaning feature it tripped something in the electrical system, and he also added that it will probably happen again. So I have this self cleaning and I can't use it. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I did use it again, and no issues, but last night I set to self clean for one hour and guess what, it happened again. My door is locked and the inside oven light is on, and I can't turn it off. I reached out again to KitchenAid, and they were very sorry and would refer this to their support team, but no recalls on my appliance are on file, therefore, they can't do anything for me. Unbelievable, now I'm waiting for the repair person again to fix the issue again, and I'm the one paying for it. NEVER EVER again will I buy a KitchenAid product. Obviously this is an issue with their product and not my fault, but they could care less.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have the Kitchenaid electric double oven range model YKFED500ESS2. It's just my spouse and I here and we rarely use the oven at all, let alone the top oven. I wanted to use it one day, and noticed that all of the paint/enamel in the recessed corner of the rectangular indent at the bottom of the oven, was chipping off and cracks forming along the entire edge. The enamel chips were about 1/16 inch thick, and coming off in chunks and strips. My oven is about 16 months old, but I think this problem started before I noticed it.

Of course, you can now assume that this oven is just off its warranty. I called Kitchenaid to complain and see if they would cover this DEFECT. They said nope... It's off warranty and just "cosmetic". I ask you... If you bought a brand new car and the paint fell off it less than a year and a half later... Would you be happy? Needless to say, I am NOT happy and I will NEVER buy a Kitchenaid product of any kind again. They obviously make poor quality products and you are SOL when their stuff falls apart right after the warranty is over. I also have had issues with the fridge I bought at the same time... But that's another story.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Bought a KA double convection oven. It works well enough but the problem is that enamel and metal on the upper oven floor melted forming small holes. I contacted KA's parent company and was advised that the oven liner was not a replaceable part. Here's the response. "Thank you for visiting the KitchenAid website. We appreciate hearing from you. We apologize for the problem you are experiencing with the interior of your KitchenAid oven. The oven liner is not a serviceable part and is not available. The only resolution for the problem you are experiencing is replacement of the oven.

You are a valued KitchenAid customer and we appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry. We invite you to contact KitchenAid again either by calling (800) 422-1230 between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST weekdays or by emailing whenever the need arises. When calling please press the available option or stay on the line to reach a representative".

I.e. Buy another $5000 dud? Not likely. Meanwhile I am concerned about using the oven in case a spill allows grease to migrate into the cavity between the upper and lower ovens. I imagine that this would be a fire hazard. I will never buy anything from Whirlpool again and advise others likewise. Their brands are WHIRLPOOL. Every day, care™ KITCHENAID. MAYTAG. INDESIT. CONSUL. BRASTEMP. AMANA. JENN-AIR.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We purchased a KitchenAid (R) 5-Burner Gas Freestanding Double Oven Range 4 years ago. Almost from the beginning, we have had problems, particularly with the controls. We have had to replace one, or possibly two (can't remember) of the handles, three times, all at our cost. They simply were stuck and would not turn. However, what is more of concern is that the controls will turn to the "on" position simply if I brush up against one of them. Oftentimes I will hear the click, click, click that alerts me that the controls have turned on but have not ignited. However, frequently, there is no click; I am just alerted to the fact the stovetop has turned on when I begin to smell gas. This seems to me to be a major safety issue.

I have talked to the company, to no avail. They tell me it's out of warranty and I would have had to address this issue within the first year. As these things go, I cannot remember when we first experienced the problem. I suspect I probably thought it was just a fluke at first and did not think much about it. But, regardless, I would think KitchenAid would want to assure that no one experiences a major gas leak due to their faulty equipment.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have had this Electric range KSEG950E for about 2 years and have had major problems with its "self-cleaning" technology. For starters, it simply doesn't work, even after repeated cycles. Cleaning out the water after the cycle is finished is tiresome. And the side and back panels never come clean. It's nearly impossible to scrub out these areas, as you can only use nonabrasive pads, and the oven is so deep, you can't reach in far enough to clean effectively. Even soil on the reachable areas is a challenge to clean, using only the recommended non-scratch scrubbing sponges and fresh kitchen appliance cleaner (the addition of which is recommended for "hard to remove soil").

I'm not a heavy oven user and have tried to clean oven at the slightest sign of soil build-up. Once more, being 5' 7", I'd think that reaching around inside the oven to scrub should be easy. But after the lengthy clean-up sessions, I hardly need to go to the gym for exercise! Surfing the net, I see that I'm not the only very dissatisfied customer! It may be good publicity to have low-energy cleaning technology. But if it doesn't work well, it can't earn high marks for the company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I spent $2,300 at Arts Appliances In North Haven, Ct, for a Slide-n electric range and microwave that were shipped direct from the factory. They were so called professionally installed. The time we used them the range emitted a loud pop and a flash which blew the breaker. The cause was a disconnected burner wire that shorted out on the chassis. Evidently the wire was never connected at the factory, an oversight that could have caused a house fire. We also quickly discovered that the lamp in the microwave above the range did not work.

Arts' sent us a couple of replacement bulbs. It took all my strength and care to remove the bulb which I discovered had been silicone sealed into the bulb socket. It's incredible that no one discovered these defects during the in assembly process or in Quality Control. Two major appliance shipped to the same consumer and both were defective. Adding insult to injury it took days to reach the factory claim center and days for a tech to arrive. The store owners insisted that I had to resolve the problem with the factory.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I purchased the KitchenAid KESK901SSS Electric Slide In Range five years ago as part of a kitchen remodel. My experience is that the product is inferior and cannot withstand normal use, and parts are prohibitively expensive. A few years ago it cost me $600 to replace cooktop after a bottle fell on it and was not covered by insurance. More recently, after spilling water on the stovetop the oven control unit stopped working. Who would engineer a range that cannot withstand a water spill??? I was told by the technician sent by insurance carrier that replacement parts again were expensive -- in the $500-$600 range. Since I had insurance, I thought that this would be an easy fix.

After waiting two months, it turns out that the replacement parts are unavailable! The best insurance would offer was a buyout at a fraction of the original cost of the product. I checked with a reputable appliance repair shop to see if I could have it repaired on my own. They wouldn't touch it... They said that parts were expensive, could not guarantee that it would even work, and that they have gotten stuck in the past. I am now forced with the inconvenience and expense of purchasing a new range at current prices which are twice as much as original model. In addition, since the original product did not slide in flush to the wall (there is a 3" gap), I need to have my custom granite countertop modified to accommodate a new range. I am very dissatisfied with KitchenAid (and its parent company, Whirlpool) quality and service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Purchased range KSEG950E in January 2016. The oven never has worked properly. I have had service out at least a dozen times. Purchased the extended warranty out of necessity and have regularly had technicians out for service. I’m told each time that there is nothing wrong. My oven does not hold temperature. I set it and it will vary up or down 50-75 degrees during baking time. This is totally unacceptable to me as a baker. I am very disappointed in KitchenAid, I usually love their products. We are about to trash this very expensive range and buy another brand!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Most unbelievable experience I have ever had in my life with an appliance (KFGG500EWH2), the other KitchenAid products have been fine? I bought this oven before Thanksgiving on 11-15-17. My wife just noticed now on December 25, 2017 that the top of the oven door and around the controls the white paint is turning Brown?!? I haven't hardly used the oven but a half dozen times, a couple of pizzas and the turkey on Thanksgiving. We noticed on day one the stove top was more than just hot to the touch on Thanksgiving...more like untouchable!!! I will check the temperature now to see how hot it is getting.

My guess is if it isn't a design defect, there may be some insulation missing in the door and or around the front of the stove top... I'm not taking it apart to see why... This is more than disappointing. I will contact the manufacturer and the distributor ABT tomorrow to see what they will do. I have never seen anything like this before, this is the 3rd oven I have owned in my life, and never had this issue. I will post the receipt tomorrow if it lets me append this.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Purchased a wall oven model KEBS109BSS October 2013. Oven completely shut down during cooking, couldn't turn it on, nothing. Had service tech out September 2016 and paid to have it fixed (out of warranty). Same issue again March 2017. Tech out again, had to pay again to have it fixed. Last Saturday, same issue. Have contacted KitchenAid, they won't do anything to rectify the situation because "it's 4 years old, not cover issue under warranty." I pushed the issue, talked to a manager. They were rude and wouldn't budge. Had the nerve to tell me that "it is man-made" and "parts do fail." Are you kidding me?! Over $2,000 piece of junk that I've already put $400 into. NOTE: BEWARE - KITCHENAID APPARENTLY EXPECTS THEIR MAJOR APPLIANCES TO LAST 3-4 YEARS.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Pros: Heats quickly and evenly, attractive appearance. Cons: This was not an inexpensive cooktop and I'm disappointed. The glass cooktop stains and pits with heat, difficult to clean. The control knobs are confusing! Location of high and simmer varies on each of the knobs, it is difficult to figure out what knob controls which burner. It has caused some major boil overs and a couple of fires. I label the knobs with a Sharpie but looking for permanent solution. The burner location needs to be backlit.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been an iconic name in household appliances since its founding in 1919 and the introduction of its flagship automatic mixer. It began producing cooking appliances in 1985.

• Product selection: KitchenAid's line of cooking appliances is one of the largest in the industry, giving buyers a wealth of choices.

• Freestanding options: KitchenAid's selection of freestanding appliances provides an array of options for buyers designing cooking islands and other non-traditional kitchen layouts.

• Heating options: KitchenAid maintains one of the industry's largest selections of options for heating technologies.

• Robust support: The company's online support options are easy to access and provide a wealth of information and replacement parts.

• Traditional quality: KitchenAid's maintains that its tried-and-true quality is attributed to its long experience in the industry. The brand frequently eschews technology-driven special features in favor of dependable durability and use.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs