1.54/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 5, 2017

815 KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

KitchenAid 30" free standing gas range with double oven bought. Beautiful to look at BUT! Have had less than a month and many problems. First gas leaks (they were repaired). My one time to use: baked an apple pie in bottom oven. Preheated to 450, baked pie for 15, then reduced to 350 for 45 minutes. During this time the vent blew so hard on top right burners, it got the top range very hot and impossible to use right burners (vent blew the flames... dangerous). Also top right side got extremely hot... not operating correctly at all.

Now dealing with Whirlpool Corp Safety Dept to get them to take this range back... scares me to even think about using it... NOT using it... it is a lemon!!! They say must process/have evaluation by technician and then 3 to 4 weeks to process. BS!!! The order # is the no. with Whirlpool Corp Safety Dept. 553 Benson Road, Benson Harbor, Michigan 49022.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We purchased a KitchenAid Convection Double Oven from Lowe's. We had always heard that KitchenAid was a top of the line oven. Since this oven was purchased, it has not worked correctly. Either the top or the bottom oven will not heat, the igniters on the burners has gone out several times. When we tried to find a repairman, there is not one in available anywhere in our area. We have tried several local repairmen. They replace numerous parts and we have been charged $200 to $300 dollars each time. The website for KitchenAid has been absolutely no help at all. If anyone is in the market for a high-end Oven, DO NOT PURCHASE a KitchenAid. They are absolutely JUNK and cannot be repaired if you live in a Rural area.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Was told it was a self-clean oven. AquaLift is not a self-clean oven, I'm told by the manufacturer. They were not willing to help me with anything. Would not recommend anyone to purchase KitchenAid dual fuel gas stoves.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Our 5 year old microwave oven combo looks fine, no complaints. The oven, however does not reach the temperature that is set. It often beeps as ready, but the thermometer inside the oven shows it to be 25 degrees lower. Disappointing.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I purchased this stove because it had a very large oven and I bake. Two weeks after installation I realized when I leaned up to get something from the cabinet above the stove I turned on burners, sometimes just enough for a gas leak and sometimes enough to burn my arm. First problem with design. A month later at Thanksgiving the turkey was in the oven and my grandson touched a knob with his arm and actually burned it. That's how hot the knob. I see were due to a vent directly below them. Second design flaw.

Later that afternoon. We realized the turkey wasn't getting done. Oven turned off by itself. Luckily I have a second oven. Very nice competent repairman (outsourced) checked the temperature of the knobs and they came in two degrees under government top number. He replaced an oven valve. This valve was replaced three times before the oven would function without failing. I took these safety and oven problems up with KitchenAid only to be told they were within government standards and be glad I bought a warrant for the oven. Cold, disrespectful and dismissive people. DO NOT BUY KITCHENAID products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: May 27, 2017

Weeks after buying a KitchenAid 2 slice toaster it stopped working properly and only toasted one side. The appliance was returned to the store and sent to the service centre, after 2 weeks it was returned and tested in the store and still only toasted one side of the bread therefore nothing was fix and I doubt if it was even looked at. Again the appliance was sent back to the service centre and it's been there 4 weeks and I have no idea when it will be returned to me. I contacted KitchenAid directly. They advised me to take the issue up with the store. The store insist they only sell the stuff and can only send it to the approved service centre. High end product looks and feels the part but quality is questionable and brand reputation is equally questionable and I strongly advise against buying this product.

Original review: May 16, 2017

My wife and I bought a KitchenAid Oven years ago. The Overlay for the controls started melting after the first year. We never tried to replace it which was a big mistake. Now the Overlay is pressing on buttons so out of nowhere it starts doing whatever it wants because the cover is rubbing the computer controls making errors. I called where I bought it and they told me that they couldn't replace it because it was discontinued. I called KitchenAid and they told me that they quit making it because it was made in 2007. I explained that I bought it new in 2011 from BrandsMart and was told the only thing I could do is look online and try to find it. I looked everywhere. I can't even find any place that will make it for any price. Now I have to throw it out and buy a new one even though the Oven is in very good shape. What a rip-off.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Purchased this expensive gas oven less than 3 years ago. Three of the five burners now have frozen valves and do not work. The middle burner went first, then the right front and now the left back burner. Very disappointed. Would not recommend this range to anyone for purchase.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Purchased range on 2015. Told the dealer the oven did not bake properly, sent certified appliance repairman. "Sweetheart" don't know what your problem is, it is right on. After two smart boards, it still does not bake! Should you have to bake chicken breast 3 hours, and rearrange on baking sheet to get each one to edge. Drop cookies should not take more than 8-10 minutes.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I have never been treated more poorly by a company in the United States. I was sold a stove with a defective cooling mechanism and ever since it has caused me hell. KitchenAid outsources all of their repairs to Whirlpool who has DESTROYED my $1500 stove in order to fix the fan. They have forced me to stay home from work for over 2 weeks worth of time due to repairs caused by the previous repair damage that they've caused. Every time they leave I find another rookie mistake that has caused additional damage. I am FED up with this company and will never buy from them again. They refused to provide me a new stove when asked. I have had it. Still waiting on someone to come back out and fix the last damage they've caused.

Original review: April 22, 2017

Bought KitchenAid stove about a year ago, model KSDB900ESS0 and I'm 100% displeased with the AquaLift self-cleaning technology to clean the oven. Tried several times and the oven looks just as dirty after the cleaning cycles. I Can't even use chemical cleaners because I may damage the finish on the oven walls. My previous stoves were also KitchenAid and they were 100% efficient. Paid a lot for the last stove and I have to stop using the oven because I can't properly clean after each use! I'm extremely frustrated!!! Any recommendations?

Original review: April 13, 2017

They rust out, and they sell it as, stainless steel. Then when it rusts, they tell you, "You should have read your owner's manual!! It explains it and tells you the type of steel it is..." Like I'm supposed to read owner's manual before I get appliance??? They lie and sell it as stainless steel. It's "look alike stainless".

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

Three years ago I upgraded my entire kitchen with stainless KitchenAid appliances, after much research - with a hefty price tag. I liked that the products were made in the USA and that they were considered high-end appliances. I even replaced a Bosch dishwasher (it did not live up to its reputation). The oven cost $1500 and change at the time of purchase, and the model is now over $1900. Two and a half years later my oven started having problems - it turns off during cooking and will not come back on. I had repair people out several times but they could not fix it. Turns out it needs a whole new keyboard, which is over $800 just for the part. I tried to contact KitchenAid customer service - yes, this was out of the 1 year warranty but I felt that it should not be having such problems after only 2.5-3 years (the oven that I replaced was 15 years old and was in perfect working order - and was a much lower-end appliance).

Anyway, I have tried in vain to get KitchenAid to help me but they will not. My dishwasher has also had several pieces fall off that have had to be replaced. You would think this company would help their customers but no, they ignored my letter. All I wanted was to purchase a new oven at a discount - which they would normally allow but they will not let me do so because I have a home warranty plan (which I had not used to help in any way other than to diagnose the issue). Shame on KitchenAid for such horrible customer service, and for selling overpriced appliances that do not last and definitely are NOT worth the high prices. I would definitely advise NOT purchasing KitchenAid.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

This is a large built-in oven. There's a large convection oven at the bottom and a large convection microwave with a baking element on the top. The microwave cooks pizzas with the element and when the microwave cooking is used, it is very quiet. It has an easy to clean stainless steel interior. The lower convection oven has three racks and is also a self cleaning oven. It cooks very evenly.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

My mother passed 4 and a half years ago and gave me some money so I decided to invest in a nice gas stove since my daughter went to culinary school. Less than four and a half years one burner went. Locked up. Second burner went. Handle locks up. Third burner went. Handle locks up. This week my oven quit working. It has a small oven on top. Big convection on the bottom. Now the big oven convection oven totally quit working. What a waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Warm up time of oven is very slow. The Baking (bottom) heating element lasted a year and is VERY DIFFICULT to replace. The thermostat is inaccurate and fluctuates with different amounts of error at different points in its temperature range. Oven door removal is not straightforward and can be jammed requiring replacement parts for repair.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Architect Series II Electric, free standing range: Overall, DO NOT BUY A KITCHENAID product due to user error, we needed to replace the oven door seal/gasket. After searching online & by phone in our area and being told that part is not available, I called KitchenAid. As we had registered our appliance they were able to verify our range was only 5 years old. THEY NO LONGER HAVE GASKETS FOR THIS MODEL. No other model gaskets will fit this model. Instead of the anticipated $60.00 repair cost we were told all they could do was sell us a comparable model for employee cost... not including shipping, installation and haul off of our current unit. I blew MY gasket & told them absolutely not. Not one .00 over the stated cost!! The upshot? $700.00+ later, with a wait of over 2 weeks, we will get a new range. They had us over a barrel with no other options for the price.

I am flabbergasted, frustrated, disappointed & without a working oven for over half a month. I have always thought of KitchenAid as a quality product & in fact have been happy with the unit. I cannot recommend KitchenAid any longer with its program of planned obsolescence. KitchenAid as a company is horrid. Decent products, lousy policies with employees stuck in an awful position.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I've owned my slide-in KitchenAid range for 13 years. In all these years I've had no problems whatsoever. I use it daily and it still looks like new. I'd highly recommend this product!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I purchase it from Sears scratch and dent. Use the top oven for prepping other smaller dish or if I just don't want to use the larger oven for cooking. Though, the one larger burner can't be adjusted to have a low flame and if I did the flame goes out. I can live with that.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Multiple defects on KitchenAid KSGG700ESS Range - The first problem was that the bottom drawer did not fit properly and closed on one side but not the other. After two attempts the slides were replaced and fixed the problem, despite being told on the first visit that "it's supposed to be like that". Second issue was heat escaping from the sides of the door - mainly on one side so cabinets were getting very hot. Simple fix - remove the rubber stop that is there during shipping, but they forgot to take out when installing. Simple one that.

Next issue - Aqualift - doesn't do anything and we aren't supposed to use regular cleaning products. Very common issue, so much so that there has been a class action filed on this problem. Service can't do anything about it. Last one - is a big safety issue. If you bump the knobs on the front you can have gas escaping WITHOUT the igniters coming on. This looks like poor design and engineering as again the service tech said "it's supposed to be like that". Their suggestion - fit child safety caps!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Horrible Stove - I am on my second cooktop and the stove is not quite 5 years old, already had to replace the touch pad also. Two years ago the smallest chip at the edge of the cooktop cause a "huge" crack line to encircle the back burner and it fell in, WELL it happened again. A small chip on the edge of the top again cause this huge crack line that encircled the back burner and it fell in. Crummy stove, DON'T BUY Kitchenaid - run and buy anything else. KitchenAid was once respected name now it deserves total disrespect. Expensive but no quality here and the heat from the stove turns the oven handle yellow and streaks appear inside the glass window which cannot be cleaned. All in all a horrible product. Now I have to pay for another cooktop on a stove that was VERY EXPENSIVE TO BEGIN WITH.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

The element on my Kitchen Aid Stove Architect Series which was less than 4 years old stopped working. I was told the element would be covered under warranty but not the service call which was 112 for the first 30 min. The technician arrived and informed me that I needed a new switch and it is not covered under warranty and it is $170 plus tax. My final bill came to $320. What really pisses me off is that when I looked up the switch on Amazon, it is priced at $61 + 7 for shipping. Whirlpool just charged me an extra $100 for the part. That is highway robbery.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

While cooking noticed fire coming out of electronic panel, burning wires. Luckily I took action and turned off main power breaker, could've burned the house down. Open front panel for inspection found relays and wire terminals melted.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Oven Model KGRS505XSS - Knobs on the front of the stove are dangerous. They turn on with the slightest brush. I'm glad I don't have small children living with me although my grandkids visit. My autistic grandchild turn on the burners but we were there. Recently my griddle knob locked in place and won't turn. I have an extended warranty with Lowe's so we will see how that goes. I paid 1,700 for the stove plus 150.00 for the warranty. The stove is 4 years old.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Purchased the oven on July 15, 2015. Used the self-cleaning feature for the first time today. The oven blew up. Fire Department came and condemned the oven. Said it was defective. KitchenAid is refusing to acknowledge that this is defective. On the phone for 3 hours, transferred everywhere. This double oven cost us over $3000.00 and they are refusing to offer any assistance. The snottiest customer service rep I have ever encountered... MARCIE IN BENTON HARBOR, MICHIGAN. I was traumatized by the explosion and the resulting smoke. KitchenAid... You should be ashamed of yourselves. How do you sleep at night reading all of these terrible reviews of your supposedly premium products?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Great looking 30 inch range with double oven and four burners and center hot plate. Bottom oven a little too low, tough bending over to pull up a 22 lb. turkey. Other than that it's a beautiful thing.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

We built a home and bought all appliances new. The flat top stove is KitchenAid and we bought all in May 2016. Moved in Oct 2016 and used the stove several times to find out even with the stove cleaner it was not a good stove. You can see the eyes that we use they have like white built-in marks on top and I text the Co. - no answers back. No response.This cook top is bad.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We bought this KitchenAid Range in December 2015. One year and 2 weeks later the oven stops working on Christmas Day. No longer on warranty. This is the worst appliance I have ever owned. It takes a long time to preheat and the bottom baking drawer doesn't seal well. I wrote an email to KitchenAid customer service and have not received a response. I hope this review prevents others from buying this expensive, undependable range. This is a real lemon.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

We purchased what we considered to be a top of the line Kitchenaid wall oven 3 years ago. On Thanksgiving morning this year the oven display said meat probe thermometer error. I was not using the meat probe, and have never used the meat probe thermometer. I cannot get the message to clear and cannot use my oven. My oven purchased ONLY THREE years ago!!! Will never buy another Kitchenaid anything! We thought we did our research – this oven received good marks from Consumer Reports. In addition while reading the manual that came with the oven shortly after purchase, it warned against using the self-cleaning feature. What?? Kitchenaid includes a feature and I'm sure we paid extra for it – that can cause the glass in oven to shatter. And then warns you in their own manual against using it! Do NOT Buy a Kitchenaid wall oven.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

We recently bought a used KitchenAid stainless steel stove. The control knobs are at the front of the oven and we discovered that they are easily turned on with even the slightest touch or bump. Unfortunately, when working in the kitchen, I did not notice that I had lightly touched the control knob which turned on the High setting. Within minutes the high setting ignited the oil in the pan on a front burner and flames were shooting up hitting the over-the-stove microwave oven. The flames covered the bottom edge of the microwave and the plastic edge melted.

Luckily I was able to extinguish the fire, but my house has extensive smoke damage and could have completely gone up in flames. As well, the microwave oven is no longer useable. The stove knobs are a serious safety hazard as they can too easily be turned on with a light touch, a child's hand or even a dog sniffing the front of the stove. We are going to throw the stove out and never buy a KitchenAid appliance again.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been an iconic name in household appliances since its founding in 1919 and the introduction of its flagship automatic mixer. It began producing cooking appliances in 1985.

• Product selection: KitchenAid's line of cooking appliances is one of the largest in the industry, giving buyers a wealth of choices.
    • Freestanding options: KitchenAid's selection of freestanding appliances provides an array of options for buyers designing cooking islands and other non-traditional kitchen layouts.
    • Heating options: KitchenAid maintains one of the industry's largest selections of options for heating technologies.
    • Robust support: The company's online support options are easy to access and provide a wealth of information and replacement parts.
    • Traditional quality: KitchenAid's maintains that its tried-and-true quality is attributed to its long experience in the industry. The brand frequently eschews technology-driven special features in favor of dependable durability and use.
    • Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs