Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

861 KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I purchased the KitchenAid Gas/Convection Range with AquaLift Self-Cleaning Technology. To put it simply - it does not work. It requires you to pour 1 3/4 filtered water on to the bottom of the range after you remove all racks. Click clean button and poof, in 40 minutes your oven is clean...NOT! I am not a cook. I purchased this oven almost 2 years ago. I've used it less than 10 times. Mostly for holiday dinners. It just is not that dirty. Tried the self-cleaning feature twice. No difference. It just does not work. I am currently also questioning whether the oven is really working well at all. It takes forever to preheat and lately, more time than usual to cook food.

I called customer service as I purchased an extended warranty. They won't come out until I troubleshoot all issues. Their recommendation was to unplug the oven and wait 30 minutes before plugging it back in - to reset the oven. Try cooking something and see if that solves the problem. Haven't done that yet at the time of this review, however, I think this is an oven I would avoid purchasing. I know I'm going to have to end up scrubbing the inside myself and be forced to use the recommended cleaners and "tools" or risk forfeiting the warranty. It is a great looking oven. It was recommended to me when I was looking to purchase all new kitchen appliances after a total kitchen reno. I just have a bad feeling about this appliance. Can't imagine what others with families and those that use this oven often are going through regarding the ability to clean it. This AquaLift, low-heat technology DOES NOT WORK.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

KitchenAid electric range # KERS807SSS00. I am very disappointed in KitchenAid! They don’t deserve a star! Because They sold out to Whirlpool to avoid covering their poorly built products that should’ve had been recalled or, came up with a seal to prevent control board burnout! This is my second spillover and the dash control panel is burned out again. At least the range does work because it’s independent from the oven, you do need the control panel to operate the oven. I called KA which is Whirlpool now. Whirlpool, simply have a way of not covering any warranties on KA. They always have an excuse. Or, there’s no record of a complaint by me or by anyone else on this issue!

I find that hard to believe because I had a spillover and I called and complained to KA within two months of purchase about the faulty glass top (No Seal) to prevent spillovers from the glass top to the bottom of where the control board burned out. Which they did cover because it was during the warranty period. And their excuse was, “Didn’t you read the manual?” Well No Ma'am! I didn’t! This is the third one in my family, and there’s been spillovers and nothing was blown out!! I should have realized. They had General Electric ranges. At the cost of $ 480.00 plus labor for the part. We will rather buy a new range other than KA or Whirlpool or any other products made by them!! In the meantime, I’ll be grilling out on the grill ☀️????

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2019

As one lady from Mount Pleasant, SC reported, we are experiencing the very same issues. We've owned our 30 inch slide in gas range for 3 years and when you brush up against it you won't even know until later on when you smell gas that one of the knobs was turned ever so slightly emitting the gas fumes. I contacted KitchenAid Customer Experience and reported this matter and to see if they have come up with a fix or recall. There hasn't been any. With all the news of gas explosions happening to houses across the country, this is definitely a safety issue. I'm hoping Consumers Union and/or the Consumer Product Safety Commission can do something before someone else experiences a horrifying event.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We purchased our gas oven/stove two years ago and I am so worried that we are going to have a gas poisoning or explosion in our home. The knobs are very easily turned on. You can brush up against it and you won't even know until later on when you smell the horrible scent of gas. I was cleaning my stove earlier this morning and came back inside the house and I knew right away that the smell was gas and sure enough the knob was ever so lightly turned to the left and emitting gas fumes. I'm not sure if there is a recall so this is my first step.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I purchased all new appliances from Lowe’s along with a extended warranty. My stove around the burners started chipping paint: I called my warranty and they said it was cosmetic! I called KitchenAid and they did have someone come out that replaced the top. He said that the stovetop grate wasn’t tall enough for the stove and it would probably happen again, within no time it started chipping again! I called again but nothing has been done because they replaced it once. My very expensive black stainless stove looks like crap! Model KFGG500EBS2. We spent over 7000 dollars KitchenAid! Fix your stove grate!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: March 26, 2019

This built in oven is great, looks fantastic, goods exactly at the temperature I set it for, the instructions for care are very easy to understand, the stainless steel front is easy to clean with the Sears cleaner. I am very happy with my new built in oven.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I tried cleaning using the Aqualift Technology 3 times within 1 day and it is not great. I expected to be able to open the door and wipe up any residue left. NOPE! Be prepared to use baking soda and small amount of dish detergent water and a lot of scrubbing. Very very disappointed. How did this ever pass as a cleaning feature???

Original review: March 1, 2019

Purchased three appliances in May 2018. Microwave, Range, dishwasher. Microwave wave-guard fell out in 7 months, KitchenAid is sending a new one. However Range interior porcelain is chipping down to metal. KitchenAid will not warranty if it doesn't happen within 30 days. We have owned under 1 year. KitchenAid warranty doesn't cover their own defects in material. Should never purchase KitchenAid again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I am very disappointed in the Aqua clean feature on my KitchenAid range. It simply does not remove the grease. I should have followed my instinct and not purchased it. I agree the smooth glass top scratches easily also, but I decided not to worry about that. On a positive note, the oven and burners cook nicely.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I recently purchased the KitchenAid gas range with Aqualift technology. Prior to this I had a Frigidaire self clean model that worked like a charm in all of its years. Had I known that Aqualift was in no comparison to the regular self clean I would have saved myself money by purchasing one without it. Very disappointed.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid has been an iconic name in household appliances since its founding in 1919 and the introduction of its flagship automatic mixer. It began producing cooking appliances in 1985.

• Product selection: KitchenAid's line of cooking appliances is one of the largest in the industry, giving buyers a wealth of choices.

• Freestanding options: KitchenAid's selection of freestanding appliances provides an array of options for buyers designing cooking islands and other non-traditional kitchen layouts.

• Heating options: KitchenAid maintains one of the industry's largest selections of options for heating technologies.

• Robust support: The company's online support options are easy to access and provide a wealth of information and replacement parts.

• Traditional quality: KitchenAid's maintains that its tried-and-true quality is attributed to its long experience in the industry. The brand frequently eschews technology-driven special features in favor of dependable durability and use.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs