2.8/5 (1093 ratings)

About KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens

KitchenAid is a home appliance manufacturer that designs cooktops, ovens and ranges. It has a long history in the industry and offers a large selection of professional-level and customizable appliances for at-home use. The company offers limited manufacturer warranties for all its appliances and free delivery for items over $399.

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Kitchen Aid Range Model KSEG700ESS3. Our oven was purchased in late Sept 2019 and 7 weeks later, electric panel is fried. The smell and burning had progressed each time we used the oven. We are lucky this did not catch fire. The service person is saying that the part may have been discontinued. Wondering how Whirlpool corporation is going to rectify this as they "do not replace appliances, just fix them under warranty".

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

We bought all new KitchenAid appliances for our new home in late 2011. Two years ago I had to replace the refrigerator after losing the compressor. It was going to be almost $900 to replace the compressor or $1300 to buy a new refrigerator, so we bought a new fridge, but NOT a KitchenAid. Also in 2017 two of the five burner knobs seized up and could not be turned on. Another service visit and about $500 later these were fixed. Now this week I’ve had to call for service AGAIN because two other burner knobs have seized up and cannot be turned on. This will cost me another $400-500 again to get it serviced. I’m seriously thinking about replacing it with an electric range. It takes forever for the oven to preheat and also takes forever for water to start boiling. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER KITCHENAID PRODUCT!! They used to be great but nothing but problems now.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

It is very easy to accidentally bump the control knobs on the front panel and cause gas to leak without igniting. This is obviously a MAJOR HAZARD and could cause significant damage and LOSS of LIFE. A major design flaw. I called the Canadian service support and it was suggested I remove the knobs when not in use!! Excuse me!! There are numerous complaints/comments on the web and surprises me there is no recall to resolve the problem. Do we have to wait for a disaster before someone wakes up - a class action lawsuit in the making.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have the same problem than Denise of Mahwah, NJ. The oven does not keep the temperature, plus the self cleaning does not work at all. Also the stem comes between the window then it left mark. I bought also a dishwasher KitchenAid. 2 hours to clean and dry dishes. No clean dishes and not dry. I will never buy KitchenAid again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I bought a double oven stove 2 years ago, model number KFGD500EBL04. First the top oven quit working then only half the middle burner will light. I contacted KitchenAid with no luck. Just excuses. I feel this is a very dangerous item. They said they had no other complaints or any recalls. I would not buy their products again.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Purchased four KitchenAid appliances three years ago for a complete kitchen remodel. Very disappointed. The exhaust fan on the microwave is extremely noisy. The handles on my fridge are always needing to be retightened. Happily the dishwasher is perfect. But my biggest complaint, if you slightly bump the knobs on the gas range (KSGB900ESS0) it lets out gas. You wont even know this until you start smelling it. So even cleaning it you have to be very aware to look at the knobs and make sure they are in the off position. This is a major safety issue. If I can't find a recall, I'll probably just throw it away and buy another brand. I bought all KitchenAid from its reputation/reviews but would not recommend to anyone...

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Almost four years ago, we bought KitchenAid appliances. From all of them, stove is not good. Stove looks very beautiful, but after two years, one burner was gone and we had to spent $150 and now the other burner is gone. So according to the price, the quality of the stove is not good at all. Now again I called mechanic and he is asking $150 to repair my stove. Overall I would like to say that my other appliances are good, but stove is not.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I purchased the KitchenAid Gas/Convection Range with AquaLift Self-Cleaning Technology. To put it simply - it does not work. It requires you to pour 1 3/4 filtered water on to the bottom of the range after you remove all racks. Click clean button and poof, in 40 minutes your oven is clean...NOT! I am not a cook. I purchased this oven almost 2 years ago. I've used it less than 10 times. Mostly for holiday dinners. It just is not that dirty. Tried the self-cleaning feature twice. No difference. It just does not work. I am currently also questioning whether the oven is really working well at all. It takes forever to preheat and lately, more time than usual to cook food.

I called customer service as I purchased an extended warranty. They won't come out until I troubleshoot all issues. Their recommendation was to unplug the oven and wait 30 minutes before plugging it back in - to reset the oven. Try cooking something and see if that solves the problem. Haven't done that yet at the time of this review, however, I think this is an oven I would avoid purchasing. I know I'm going to have to end up scrubbing the inside myself and be forced to use the recommended cleaners and "tools" or risk forfeiting the warranty. It is a great looking oven. It was recommended to me when I was looking to purchase all new kitchen appliances after a total kitchen reno. I just have a bad feeling about this appliance. Can't imagine what others with families and those that use this oven often are going through regarding the ability to clean it. This AquaLift, low-heat technology DOES NOT WORK.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

KitchenAid electric range # KERS807SSS00. I am very disappointed in KitchenAid! They don’t deserve a star! Because They sold out to Whirlpool to avoid covering their poorly built products that should’ve had been recalled or, came up with a seal to prevent control board burnout! This is my second spillover and the dash control panel is burned out again. At least the range does work because it’s independent from the oven, you do need the control panel to operate the oven. I called KA which is Whirlpool now. Whirlpool, simply have a way of not covering any warranties on KA. They always have an excuse. Or, there’s no record of a complaint by me or by anyone else on this issue!

I find that hard to believe because I had a spillover and I called and complained to KA within two months of purchase about the faulty glass top (No Seal) to prevent spillovers from the glass top to the bottom of where the control board burned out. Which they did cover because it was during the warranty period. And their excuse was, “Didn’t you read the manual?” Well No Ma'am! I didn’t! This is the third one in my family, and there’s been spillovers and nothing was blown out!! I should have realized. They had General Electric ranges. At the cost of $ 480.00 plus labor for the part. We will rather buy a new range other than KA or Whirlpool or any other products made by them!! In the meantime, I’ll be grilling out on the grill ☀️????

Original review: June 24, 2019

As one lady from Mount Pleasant, SC reported, we are experiencing the very same issues. We've owned our 30 inch slide in gas range for 3 years and when you brush up against it you won't even know until later on when you smell gas that one of the knobs was turned ever so slightly emitting the gas fumes. I contacted KitchenAid Customer Experience and reported this matter and to see if they have come up with a fix or recall. There hasn't been any. With all the news of gas explosions happening to houses across the country, this is definitely a safety issue. I'm hoping Consumers Union and/or the Consumer Product Safety Commission can do something before someone else experiences a horrifying event.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We purchased our gas oven/stove two years ago and I am so worried that we are going to have a gas poisoning or explosion in our home. The knobs are very easily turned on. You can brush up against it and you won't even know until later on when you smell the horrible scent of gas. I was cleaning my stove earlier this morning and came back inside the house and I knew right away that the smell was gas and sure enough the knob was ever so lightly turned to the left and emitting gas fumes. I'm not sure if there is a recall so this is my first step.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I purchased all new appliances from Lowe’s along with a extended warranty. My stove around the burners started chipping paint: I called my warranty and they said it was cosmetic! I called KitchenAid and they did have someone come out that replaced the top. He said that the stovetop grate wasn’t tall enough for the stove and it would probably happen again, within no time it started chipping again! I called again but nothing has been done because they replaced it once. My very expensive black stainless stove looks like crap! Model KFGG500EBS2. We spent over 7000 dollars KitchenAid! Fix your stove grate!

Original review: March 26, 2019

This built in oven is great, looks fantastic, goods exactly at the temperature I set it for, the instructions for care are very easy to understand, the stainless steel front is easy to clean with the Sears cleaner. I am very happy with my new built in oven.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I tried cleaning using the Aqualift Technology 3 times within 1 day and it is not great. I expected to be able to open the door and wipe up any residue left. NOPE! Be prepared to use baking soda and small amount of dish detergent water and a lot of scrubbing. Very very disappointed. How did this ever pass as a cleaning feature???

Original review: March 1, 2019

Purchased three appliances in May 2018. Microwave, Range, dishwasher. Microwave wave-guard fell out in 7 months, KitchenAid is sending a new one. However Range interior porcelain is chipping down to metal. KitchenAid will not warranty if it doesn't happen within 30 days. We have owned under 1 year. KitchenAid warranty doesn't cover their own defects in material. Should never purchase KitchenAid again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I am very disappointed in the Aqua clean feature on my KitchenAid range. It simply does not remove the grease. I should have followed my instinct and not purchased it. I agree the smooth glass top scratches easily also, but I decided not to worry about that. On a positive note, the oven and burners cook nicely.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I recently purchased the KitchenAid gas range with Aqualift technology. Prior to this I had a Frigidaire self clean model that worked like a charm in all of its years. Had I known that Aqualift was in no comparison to the regular self clean I would have saved myself money by purchasing one without it. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Do not buy KitchenAid gas range unless you are ok with cleaning the oven yourself using harsh chemicals. The Aqualift technology does not work one bit and this will deter me from ever buying another KitchenAid gas range again. The fact that KitchenAid has had this issue for so long and continues to sell these products like this will deter me from ever buying another KitchenAid product.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This cleaning technology is a complete joke. KitchenAid/Whirpool solution is to buy their "cleaning kit" a sponge and a plastic scraper. Food is caked on the inside and does not come off. You can't use any chemical cleaners either so you're looking at a 2-hour cleaning job to maybe get this oven clean. I'm shocked that they are still selling ovens with this bogus technology.

After running the cycle multiple times some of what's on the bottom comes off after some scrubbing but the sides are still filthy. KitchenAid and Whirlpool need to do a recall and buy all these garbage ovens back from consumers. I paid $2k for my oven and after calling to complain to KitchenAid they had the nerve to tell me a tech could come out but if they decided the oven was working as designed, I would be charged. As designed - so does that mean they know it doesn't work and they come out and say "yep, it's not working - as designed" that will be $150 please. I will never buy another Whirlpool product again!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Bought all new matching stainless steel KitchenAid appliances (dishwasher, stove, refrigerator, microwave/convection oven) about one year ago and have been very disappointed with the lack of quality and performance in the stove and refrigerator from the start. Thought KitchenAid was a top brand but obviously not any longer. The pieces look sharp in the showroom but buyer beware! The stove - glass top scratches easily, requires extensive cleaning/buffing after every use, the self cleaning oven feature really does not work at all, takes forever to preheat the oven. The refrigerator - cheaply made vegetable bins that fall apart (front panel comes off), water filter needs to be replaced almost monthly. The dishwasher is the only appliance I have no major complaints for. Very quiet and does a good job on plates, glasses, and silverware (wash pots by hand). I regret not updating the GE Profile appliances I replaced with this purchase.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Less than a year old KitchenAid stove oven racks falling off on one side. Thanksgiving turkey dinner and grease spilled over caused fire! This is a safety issue, government needs to step in. The company knows these racks are an issue! I had to pick one star - would have picked none if allowed!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We purchased all new kitchen appliances last September, 2017. Bought KitchenAid mainly because my dishwasher just died after 27 years, so we were pleased with its quality. We bought the items in black stainless. The electric stove top is the hardest top I have ever cleaned, I am a little ocd and hate smear marks on my stove top, and also it seems that the only thing to use to get burnt on spots or food off, is an SOS pad, referred to me by the owner of the appliance store. Also the so called Aqua lift for cleaning the oven, even after doing it twice in a row, is a joke! Still had to go in and clean up the grease and burnt on stuff, and then soak up all the water!! Also when turning on the oven, it seems to take forever to heat up to your desired temperature. Very disappointed, and will never buy KitchenAid again!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Top oven quit working. Press 'Bake', then 'Start' and it just sits there 'Preheating' and doesn't get to temperature. Doesn't heat up at all. Bottom oven works fine. Two days before Thanksgiving and it's the worst time to quit working.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The Aqualift in this oven does not clean. I just finished scrubbing the oven as I had to before self-cleaning ovens. Had I known I never would have bought this very expensive range (over $3,000). Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My KitchenAid model# KFEG500E does not hold the correct temperature for more than 20 minutes before it drops 15 to 20 degrees. It is near impossible to bake anything and have it be done at the correct time. I am shocked that the KitchenAid brand is so inferior to what it once was. My old KitchenAid oven served my family for 36 years before it finally died. My KitchenAid dishwasher is still going after 37 years and hope it lasts a little longer as I hate to see how bad the new ones are. It sure will not be a KitchenAid!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am a single mom who worked hard to purchase the gas range of my dreams. But ever since I bought this range it has been one nightmare after another. The oven glass shattered on its own one day when I was sitting in the kitchen having my coffee; the gas leaks every time I turn on the top oven; the knobs constantly break and have to be replaced every two years. Sometimes I really think this range is possessed! Possessed or not, this range is a hazard that I need to get rid of very quickly. If you are considering purchasing one of these ranges, think again. By far the worst decision my life.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I am a semi retired senior that saved to purchase my last (what I thought at the time) kitchen range. I have owned KitchenAid ranges in the past and have been very pleased. There were two reasons I purchased this particular brand, it doesn't make any fan noises and for the self cleaning system. To my delight the stove is very quiet and allows an option to turn off all the normal beeping noises and the elements work well. That being said I have never been so disappointed with an oven cleaning system, it DOES NOT WORK AT ALL and yet the company continues to produce this system misleading the public. To me this is a criminal offense except I have no way to make them accountable. I am so disappointed with KitchenAid that they would associate themselves with such an inferior product. It is crucial for me to have a self clean oven and as one of thousands I am now stuck with a product I have come to hate in my kitchen.

I am an avid cook and now find there are many products I am unwilling to cook as I have no way to clean my oven. I made wonderful Yorkshire puddings the other night and my husband spent two hours trying to clean the oven but the interior is so shoddy (not really a porcelain coating just some cheap material that can't withstand a proper cleaning and won't come clean with water being heated to 200F doesn't matter how many times you try). The first time after I used the self clean (I have only had the stove for 4 months and cleaned it 5 times) I sat down and cried, having spent so much money and having so much disappointment was a bit overwhelming. I called the place I bought it, they are really great, said the only thing they could do was to sell me a different stove at cost. I appreciated that but I now don't have the funds to do this or I would just to get rid of my stove. I have an extended warranty but this is not considered a warranty issue.

I really have trouble with KitchenAid not standing behind their product but more so with a problem they know exists but keep producing, and as consumers we seem powerless to enforce change. As a side note, the oven wasn't hot enough and it does have an option to calibrate the temp. but even so because the oven is not well insulated or made of quality porcelain. During the cooking the temp. can drop as much as 50 degrees before it heats up again which can really affect the cooking process. So all around in general not very happy.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Bought the range in March of this year for my mom. The salesman said the KitchenAid was a good brand (upper middle market), it has good looks, and a large oven. What he failed to mention is that they typically last 3-4 weeks, and you shouldn’t use them for cooking or they may get damaged :(. Within days of use enamel started falling off in the oven cavity - very dangerous when it lands on food, a couple months after the plastic door trim started peeling off and lately the cooktop scratched. We are extremely careful with all our appliances, we still use our green Admiral stove from the 60s and it is mint condition - I don’t understand how the KitchenAid stove can be so poorly built. I thought I was getting better value but in hindsight I should have gotten the basic GE stove. In conclusion, I do not recommend the stove, unless it is for display only, you are better off getting one at Goodwill.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Recently purchased a top of the line KitchenAid Induction Range... Beautiful looking stove it is a $4500 range... Not a baseline model by all means kind of in the high mid-range market. Of course like everyone does made sure it noted self cleaning and for me it is especially important because I was in a really bad car accident and I am unable to use my left side only 50%. It is a button clear as they noted on the product "Aqualift Self Clean." Watched the video on how to use the feature and how great it works and they use a simulation from a computer... Not a real time real oven video and it is pretty clear why because it does NOT WORK! Went back and read the instructions. Pour 16 ounces of water in the bottom of the stove, remove the racks and hit the self clean button and in 40 minutes you should be able to wipe the oven clean.

Well folks to be blunt... You can't wipe **! It actually bakes the grease on the back, sides and glass of the oven more because the steam helps it spread and when you go to wipe it the cloth gets stuck as the grease is sticky and tacky. Bought the oven in May, didn't move into the home until July and tried cleaning it in Sept so literally 3 months. Wasn't really that dirty but Grandpa came over and put some meatballs on a tray and didn't cover them so there was some grease splatter. Well should have been a simple task for any real self cleaning oven but nope not one bit came off. In fact I tried cleaning the glass with the scrubby they provide etc and nothing. It is baked right on from the Aqualift.

Did some research and guess what Whirlpool knows it doesn't work but continues to advertise as such! They are even in a class action law suite and when you read all the literature on the oven and the Aqualift capabilities and how great it is for the environment, no smell and simple wipe up technology wow you are sold but I guarantee you will be fooled. Even the techs that come into your home know that the product doesn't work.

So to be clear when it is time to clean you add 16 ounces of water, take out the racks hit the button and in 40 mins voila. At the bottom of your stove you have 16 ounces of water that you need to now try to get out of the bottom of your stove, the grease splatter is not wipeable and now more than ever all over the back, sides, glass and bottom of your stove and absolutely will not budge without a harsh toxic chemical of some sort and some serious elbow grease and at least two hours of your time. (Don't forget about the water that is at least 40 mins to try and get all of that cleaned up and out of there.) BUT YOU VOID YOUR WARRANTY if you use any chemicals in this oven as you damage the finish that is supposed to be non stick but is not? You VOID THE WARRANTY if you use a scrubber other than the Whirlpool approved scrubber?

They have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and folks... this means Jack because they do not stand by it. I am 100% not satisfied and have called to try to work something out with them along with the other 1000s of people who have been ripped off in this scam and let me tell you they 100% don't give a crap if you are satisfied or not... If they did they wouldn't sell the Aqualift product anymore as it has caused them a slight headache. Instead of taking accountability or doing what is right and having some integrity they don't honor their guarantees, do not stand by their products and as consumers we continue to buy and raise their shares and make the higher ups rich while they buy other brands of appliances and laugh at us who are buying their brands!

Oh yeah by the way the induction works great... Boils water in 30 seconds and one night just before bed the stove top all on its own turned on and became very hot melting the components all under the glass top and creating heat and warping my brand new kitchen cabinets. Stove wasn't on and they said it is a rare malfunction. WOW!!! So yeah not only is the Aqualift Defective and a whole lot of false advertising and fake promises going on... Some of the stoves have the ability to cause a fire and burn you and your family to the ground. All this for $4399.00. If you're lucky you can get it on sale for $3500 like I did. :) What a joke!

Don't think that Lowe's or any other of the big box brand stores will help you either. Lol they only offer 30 day warranty on appliances. I bought $8000.00 in appliances from Lowe's in addition to $3000 in yard appliances in the last 3 months and they still wouldn't even help... Again why would they sell these products? They don't even care if the products they have in their stores actually work. Not happy that consumers have no recourse on any of this and this isn't enforced... in any way to protect US the people. Protect yourself by NOT buying and boycotting and hitting them where it hurts which is their share price. Thanks everyone and good luck!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased a KitchenAid 2 burner gas grill 2 yrs ago. The supports from the flame guards have completely fallen off! They have basically burned to a crisp and this grill was more expensive than the ones we have purchasing the past! There is 2 in my home so it’s not like we cook for the neighborhood! The grill is not in the elements so exposure is it the issue. It’s just shotty design! I expected better from KitchenAid!

KitchenAid Stoves & Ovens Company Information