1.83/5
Based on 98 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

881 KitchenAid Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

In 2012, I purchased a KitchenAid Refrigerator, model KFCS22EVBL. We've had nothing but problems with this product. First, the freezer leaked water onto my beautiful hardwood floor. The refrigerator was repaired but it ruined my hardwood floor. My research indicates that this is a known design defect. I wrote a complaint letter to a Whirlpool executive, who referred me to their "quality assurance expert". What a joke! I was left extremely frustrated and angry. Neither Whirlpool nor its QA representative understand the concept of customer satisfaction. Second, the refrigerator is extremely noisy. We have an open floor plan and sometimes we have to speak over noise from the refrigerator to hear conversations.

Lastly, cleaning the coils is a nightmare. The user instructions state "There is no need for routine condenser cleaning in normal home operating environments." I don't have pets; however, due to dust buildup, I need to vacuum the coils at least 2-3 times a year. Additionally, dust tends to collect behind the front coil and there is no way for the average consumer to reach the area behind the coils.

Yet, Whirlpool's instruction states "Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush to clean the grille, the open areas behind the grille and the front surface area on the condenser." Gee, I wish I can figure out how to get behind the front coil. (The attached image shows unreachable dust behind the coil). I suspect the refrigerator was purposely designed this way to shorten the lifetime of the refrigerator. Whirlpool has underestimated this consumer. I will no longer purchase another Whirlpool product, especially since I'm also having problems with my KitchenAid double oven. I'm now looking for another refrigerator.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have a refrigerator/bottom freezer. 3 years old and the control board goes out. The authorized dealer has a very bad reputation of causing more issues than actually fixing anything so I went with a reputable repair company... since I didn’t go with the sub-standard company the company wouldn’t stand behind the product even though the company I went with is trained in repairing KitchenAid. From what I understand to be an authorized dealer is up for grabs. The highest bidder gets the authorization. Has nothing to do with their credentials. My entire kitchen is KitchenAid... not any more! This repair should have been covered.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

As I read through the other reviews, I see that I am one of many dissatisfied customers. I purchased all KitchenAid appliances for my new home almost 5yrs ago. The refrigerator started giving me problems several months ago. Both the freezer & the refrigerator stopped working. A repairman has been out at least 8 or 9 times. It will work for a few weeks & then stop. The repairman keeps coming back over & over & it's still not working properly. I've contacted KitchenAid & their solution is to have another serviceman come out & we have to pay for labor a 2nd time or they can give me 40-50% off on another refrigerator. I thought the life of a refrigerator should be a lot longer than 5 yrs. My last refrigerator, a Kenmore was still working after 20 yrs. I am highly disappointed in KitchenAid for selling me a LEMON. Stay away from KitchenAid Appliances.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I bought a KitchenAid Refrigerator Model KRFC300ESS01 in March, 2017 when I remodeled my kitchen. It is truly the worst refrigerator I have ever owned. It makes loud noises that a refrigerator should not be making. I have had the repairmen out 4 or 5 times because of loud popping and clicking, vibrating noises and because my food is freezing... not just in one area but all over the place... frozen eggs, fruit, etc. They have replaced one part in the back of the fridge twice and it is now broken again! I am going to give the refrigerator away because it is not worth selling and get one that works and does not wake me up at night with loud noises! And I can guarantee it will not be a Whirlpool product!

Original review: June 10, 2018

Appliance is four years old. Came back to our vacation home to a broken freezer/fridge. Three compressors had to be replaced. Lost hundreds of dollars in food. Not to mention the stink. Person checking our home had to throw away all food.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: May 26, 2018

KitchenAid makes a beautiful refrigerator - and that’s it. It is dysfunctional. The water dispenser is not user friendly & EVERY time a guest uses it, ice and water spill everywhere. The ‘water’ sign on the dispenser is wearing off after 4 months of use (2 adults in house only). The adjustable shelves are not. I’ve tried moving the shelves only to gouge the sides of the fridge - so they stay at unusable height. Plastic - so much plastic! I wish I had bought something else...

Original review: May 26, 2018

I bought this expensive piece of crap in November 2017 and it hasn’t worked since day one! I have repeatedly called the 800 number with no satisfaction. The first time it took them 6 months to get the part they said was not working and when they finally showed up yesterday May 25 it only worked a few hours and died again. I called service again and they refuse to give me a new refrigerator and couldn’t come out today to fix it even though I have once again lost everything in my refrigerator.

The person named Pat on their service line refused to transfer me to someone with any decision making authority and refused to do anything more than schedule service again. I will never ever buy KitchenAid again and believe me the world is going to hear about this. I have been more patient than any human should have to be without a refrigerator and without any satisfaction from a company that sold me a defective piece of equipment and refuses to do anything about it. DO NOT BUY KITCHENAID APPLIANCES.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We have had a terrible experience with the quality and workmanship of our new refrigerator. (Black Stainless Steel). We have had the unit serviced at least 5 times or more in 18 mos. I called customer service explaining that it's clear we had a defective product. (Icing near the compressor, replaced motherboard 3x, not cooling consistently, etc). We asked, "Could we get a replacement?" and was told we were past the 1 year warranty even though we had several repairs during that 1 year period. We said we didn't want to keep monitoring the time on the replacement part. Customer service not helpful. Nothing they can/would do.

I told them we would share this experience with others and we were told, "That's your right to do so" but they will not be able to assist. This is a breach of trust. There is no recourse if you have a defective unit. They will only keep replacing parts even if it's the same part. We have incurred expenses with lost food having to wait on parts to come in. We've had at least 2 motherboard replacements. Technicians have been polite but customer service will not do anything else. Not a good experience given the cost (over $3.5k) -- DO NOT PURCHASE!

Original review: May 17, 2018

We purchased a KitchenAid refrigerator made by Whirlpool 3 yrs ago when we remodeled our kitchen. Before it was even 2 yrs old we started having problems. In the last year we have had to have it repaired 4 times. Even the tech guy said they are a problem. I just wonder how you can sell a product that you know is a piece of crap. Buyer beware. Don't buy a Whirlpool product. I just wonder how many time do we have to go thru this before they make it right?

Original review: May 8, 2018

It is a side by side KitchenAid refrigerator and everything freezes. Many vegetables have been ruined. Even the milk freezes if left near the freezer side of the refrigerator.

Original review: May 6, 2018

KitchenAid Fridge...proud made in America. 3 Failures on ice and water with flooding all over the house in the first 10 months and food thrown out. A whole day of labour to clean up. Thanks to these corrupt manufacturers. What do you test? Sell lemons to your customers. What trust can anyone have with your proud lemons. MADE IN AMERICA...maybe made in China might be a better return for my investment. Another Failure with $1000 dollars of food to be thrown out... This is what I get for $4000 fridge.

You are nothing a bunch of monkeys who build these products and cheat your customers on the quality of the product. Come to my house and I will show you KITCHEN AID MANUFACTURERS...damn cowards! All of them should be thrown in prison for selling lemons. Tell these cowards who run KITCHEN AID...it is nothing but a KITCHEN SINK full of wasted money. It is time the government crackdown on crooks like these and they look to be protected. What a bunch of thieves. How many times should a product fail. They should be held accountable and pay for any failure that takes place by their incompetency. I DO NOT Recommend this product at all...

Original review: May 5, 2018

Bought a complete line of KitchenAid products for a remodel job on my kitchen a year ago. Purchased the products in April 2017 but did not install them until the first part of June. The KRSC503ESS side by side, counter depth refrigerator does not cool properly. In December 2017 I notice the refrigerator was warm and the bottom drawer was not going in all the way. There was an ice build up at the back of the refrigerator. Also, the freezer was not cooling properly. Call for service and they replace a fan motor and thermistor. The unit seem to be working fine until this week. Same problem. Pulled everything out and turned the refrigerator off for 24 hours to let it thaw out. Turned it back on and everything is working fine again. I personally feel there is a bad design in this unit. The bottom doors are against the cooling unit in the back of the refrigerator. I feel this will continue forever.

I call for service again and now KitchenAid and the extended warranty company are saying it's not their problem. The KitchenAid service said that I might be responsible for the service call if they come out and find it is not a warranty issue for them. Additionally, the ice maker makes loud noises when it dumps the ice in the ice container. It does wake me up at night. I thought KitchenAid was suppose to be the higher end of appliances, but boy, was I wrong. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have done my homework a lot more. Never again.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Frustrated and disappointed with KitchenAid regarding refrigerator model number KSC23C8EYY03 bought new in October 2014. Purchased refrigerator in October 2014 for residential use. In May 2016, owners observed ice accumulation behind the crisper drawers of the refrigerator. Items in fridge were not being cooled to appropriate temperature and freezer cold but not adequately freezing contents. Not under warranty at that time, owners called a local service company to review situation and a part was replaced.

Owner then purchases a warranty, which was enacted in September 2016 when the same issue presented itself. Since then KitchenAid warranty has been called - February 2017, July 2017, October 2017, February 2018 and now April 26, 2018 - all for the same issue. The refrigerator is essentially inoperable during each service request every 2-5 months, resulting in food spoilage and loss of money.

Owners are aware of the Lemon Law, however, there is no recognition on KitchenAid Warranty’s part on customer frustration regarding the investment of money into a product that has simply proven 6 times over that it does not work. It wasn’t until speaking with a KitchenAid Warranty supervisor today (April 2018) that owner was informed about the option of filing a food loss claim (again, after dealing with KitchenAid Warranty 5 times since September 2016). We again are having the refrigerator serviced, with the expectation that any repair would prove fruitless, a part will be replaced that won’t get us closer to a Lemon Law review, and resulting in a temporary fix that would need to again be serviced in 3 months time. The service repair technician who has serviced the unit all 6 times is equally frustrated that the solutions given to them by KitchenAid Warranty does not fully resolve the situation.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Purchased all new appliance for our renovated Kitchen in May of 2017. They were installed towards the end of June, and we started having issues with the refrigerator within months. This is Model KRFF305ESS00, French doors, with water dispenser inside on the left-hand side. Once you fill a glass with water, the water dispenser doesn’t shut off properly and continues to drip... not one or two drips... but constantly. I phoned and the first serviceman they sent out told me that there was nothing wrong with it, and that is just the way it is. I called back, they sent another service guy out who said “that’s not right, but I’m not really sure what’s going to fix it, but I will order a new water tank and tube and see if that does the trick. I will also order a new air damper because it seems to be grinding and it shouldn’t be”.

Two weeks later he returned with the parts, installed them, and it worked better for about a month. Now it’s still dripping, and the noise it makes sounds like it’s going to take off. I just called with warranty department, and there is no more coverage. It will cost $139 plus tax just to have someone come out and then more money for whatever parts they want to try next, that likely won’t work. My husband says “take it to the dump, it’s a piece of $3,000 garbage”!!! We will be shopping for another refrigerator... and it won’t be KitchenAid. How do these people stay in business??? Oh... Cathy on the warranty line, sure was trained properly... All she could say was “I certainly understand how you feel, but there is nothing we can do about it”!!!

Original review: April 22, 2018

Kitchenaid French Door - I hate to give this one star when it deserves none at all. I paid over $3000 for this lump of useless metal 2 years ago and the repairs have been countless. Fortunately I also purchased a Sears Service contract. It is now on its fifth ice maker and has had fans, sensors and boards replaced. Admittedly all covered by the contract but the inconvenience involved is important. I just called for a service repair which will be in 8 days. When he comes, he will have to order a part and the appointment will be two weeks on from that. In the mean time we have to buy ice. I bought Kitchenaid because I thought they were reliable but never again. Surely someone makes a decent product.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We purchased a KitchenAid French Door refrigerator for $3000. So far we have spent over $1000 in repairs. Now it needs a “seal system”! I have asked for a new refrigerator but I have been told that Kitchen Aid will not replace it “until” it is unrepairable! Do you believe they want me to keep putting more money in repairs! I’ll give it to the scrap yard before I sink any more money into this defective product! They did offer a replacement for $2000! Can you actually believe they would think I would buy another defective product! Every time a technician comes to “diagnosis” the problem they charge me $100! And don’t use an unauthorized technician because KitchenAid will not recognize their repairs! Don’t buy this refrigerator. It’s a lemon!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Side by side counter depth fridge bought 15 years ago, never a problem, just starting now to make a vibration noise every once in a while. Changed water filter every time red light came on, good drinking water and plenty of ice. I will buy it again.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Never ever buy KitchenAid appliance, service is garbage, product is garbage, warranty is garbage (warranty with Whirlpool company). I spend lot of money for KitchenAid appliance but after 1 year my KitchenAid appliances broke down, every single month. I called to Whirlpool for warranty. They sent a technician twice after I called 40 times, when the technician arrived, I knew more about appliances then he did, I don't know how they got hired. After 2 months passed and they couldn't find what's the issue, they said they will replace the fridge; a month passed and attempted to delivery a new fridge. When the delivery people arrived they said they cant deliver the fridge to the apartment because the fridge was too big (keep in mind they were the delivery guys). So they left and said to reschedule.

We rescheduled, and a month later another delivery attempt was made by different delivery ppl but they gave the same answer which was to reschedule because the fridge is too big and that they need a technician on hand to remove the fridge doors so it can go in the apartment. So now we had to reschedule for the 3rd time... 4 weeks later we receive a call from the KitchenAid delivery department and said that if we would like the delivery done on a Saturday, I said that I was busy on Saturday and that if we have waited 4 months for this. Let's wait another 2 days and deliver the fridge on Monday, the representative said that Saturday is the only day for the delivery and that the delivery company won't be working with KitchenAid anymore.

They have internal issues. So now we are trying to reschedule for the 4 times and 5 months have passed since this headache has started... A job that any other company would have fixed in 1 week is taking KitchenAid so far 5 months. I am calling the customer service every day trying to get the fridge resolved. But I'm being pushed around from customer service to product and exchange department to delivery department to other departments. The KitchenAid Warranty Department should be investigated and see why are they taking people’s money and making them feel assure that once the appliances are broken, they will fix it; but instead they are a fraud.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have kept a timeline of the past 9 days. In short, we bought the KitchenAid refrigerator less than 2 yrs ago. After one year, the freezer temperature could not be regulated and everything was snowed in. That was fixed, but we had to pay and we had to throw out $350 worth of food. Less than one year later, the temperatures of both the freezer and refrigerator went haywire. You wait for hours to find out when the tech will come, and then he comes and says he has to order a part. The freon had leaked into everything. Unknown to us, he disconnected the refrigerator. Everything went bad... hundreds more dollars of food.

A week later, another tech arrives to fix the freon problem. By then our whole house stank from rotten food. He supposedly fixed it. BUT he turned the freezer temp so low that everything, including the shelves froze. And we couldn't open the door. When I called customer service, the same idiot called me and told us to pull open the freezer door. We did. It broke. Another call to customer service and someone will come in 2 days. But only to look and see what the problem is!!! I told them the freezer door is broken. And they ma'am you to death so you want to scream. I doubt it will ever get fixed. Just don't buy their products!!!

Original review: March 13, 2018

We installed our KitchenAid Refrigerator model #KFXS25RYBLO in February 2015. Within 6 months the ice maker stopped making ice. The repairman told us it needed to be replaced and that he has had to replace EVERY KitchenAid ice maker from that model. Next 1 year later the hose froze up and had to be replaced. The repairman explained that it was a "new and improved" hose that once again KitchenAid replaced. Then 1 year later the bottom freezer froze up. Once again another repair. Then today March 2018 the ice machine is AGAIN not making ice and after troubleshooting the repairman now says we need a new ice maker. This is the WORST refrigerator that we have had in our 41 year marriage!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

We have a KitchenAid refrigerator. This refrigerator is less than 5 years old. It started having problems keeping the correct temperature. Called my service guy, he comes out, checks it out and states it has a freon leak. This involves the sealed system, a repair he does not do. Whirlpool was called and this issue was discussed. An authorized service provider from Whirlpool was sent out and yes it is a sealed system leak but he does not do sealed system repairs. I pay him his diagnostic fee. Called Whirlpool again and another provider is sent out to ascertain that yes it is a sealed system problem and guess what I get to pay another diagnostic fee.

Whirlpool stated they sent out the first provider because they are on the "List". Somehow this appears to be my problem that they sent out a company that doesn't do the repair that was clearly the issue per my appliance guy. I called to see if Whirlpool would cover one of these fees but nope. I wasted one hour and five minutes on the phone and got zero satisfaction. I also want to add that this repair parts and labor are covered under warranty so it seems doubly ridiculous that I have to pay two service fees. There will never be another Whirlpool, KitchenAid appliance in this house again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I purchased a suite of appliances after a home renovation and recently took delivery. The refrigerator (Model KRFC704FBS00) has not worked properly since it was installed on January 10, 2018. The water on the door does not work at all, the door for the filter does not snap closed. The water was leaking so badly at one point I had to shut the water line off. I am on the my second service company and they still can't get it right. And that is just the refrigerator!!! Two of knobs on the stove were bent. The vented microwave above the stove has a handle that gets so hot you risk third degree burns if God forbid you forget to cover your hand before you pull the door open!

I rarely use the dishwasher so I can't comment on that. PLEASE stay away from KitchenAid especially the Bella series!! I have learned that KitchenAid stopped making this series because of so many problems but that does not stop stores selling this garbage. I am really upset with Whirlpool, the service companies , the salesman and the store on Route 35 in Middletown, NJ that sold me this mess!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

KitchenAid rebate is not for every store. My husband spent way too much money for this mixer. Thought OK at least get some of it back in the rebate. No received post card says the store that it was purchased from does not participate in the rebate. Gee I guess he should have done a ton of running around to find a store. Called the 888 number. On hold almost 9 mins to hear, "Oh sorry cannot do anything for you." Should have bought a no name mixer. Have not found anything special with the brand name "KitchenAid" mixer as of yet.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

On November 11, 2016, we purchased all new KitchenAid kitchen appliances (nearly $10,000) from a local reputable appliance dealer. On December 27, 2016, we took delivery of the new appliances, and after cabinet modifications, the fridge (Model KRFC704FSS) was installed and working by the second week in January 2017. Near the end of May 2017, we started to notice reduced cooling and slow ice making in the fridge, and arranged for a service call. The service rep came out June 19, 2017, and concluded the main control board needed to be replaced. One problem, since this was a new model/design parts were not available, and we did not know when the parts would be made available! After being without a fridge for weeks and many phone calls, the parts were finally overnighted, and the main control board was replaced. This appeared to fix the problem for several months until just recently over the holidays.

Keep in mind, we spent nearly $3500 for this fridge with LED lighting, wood serving tray, digital controls, etc., and absolutely love the looks, style, and functionality of it; However, we are now experiencing the same problem as before (not cooling and slow ice production), and again set up for a service call on January 3, 2018. The service tech came out and after running a few codes and consulting by phone with the Whirlpool/KitchenAid service repair team, spent nearly 3 hours completely disassembling the inside of the fridge to defrost the condenser cooling coils and reassemble the fridge. He indicated this should last for a several weeks, but also indicated the ultimate fix would have to wait until he returned to apply a silicon caulk along the exterior seam between the outer stainless-steel skin and interior plastic shell.

Since he did not have the right color of caulk, he needed to order it from Whirlpool/KitchenAid, which should arrive in a few weeks. Since we had the initial problem under the original warranty, we elected to purchase the extended manufacturer’s warranty service plan (3-years); so, this activity was being covered (i.e., no out of pocket). After conducting some research (like Anthony), we discovered this same fridge model and problem is documented across the internet. The model had already been redesigned (less than a year in production). Giving this some thought, and not liking the direction the repair was heading, we decided to start working with Whirlpool/KitchenAid directly to resolve my concern. Here is where it gets very interesting.

Initially, we went to the KitchenAid website and followed directions for a customer concern by sending an email to NAR Customer Solutions @KitchenAid.com. On 1/3/18, Lisha called and left a voicemail and requested a callback to 1-800-331-2689 and mention Ref # **. After about 40 minutes of hold, we talked with someone in Michigan (MI) who wanted to know if we used social media (?). We informed him no, that we just sent an email to NAR. Wrong department… He sent us to Kimberly in MI. When she realized we were on an extended service plan, again wrong department, and was told to call 1-866-265-2082. After about 30 minutes of hold, we get Ashley in Tennessee, we believe with AIG (the extended service plan underwriter). Then, we’re forwarded to Amber at 1-800-253-1301 and told to mention Ref #**.

After going thru the whole spiel again with her, we’re told to talk to her supervisor Marisa (?). She informs us there is nothing flawed with this fridge, and we must go the repair route. Not liking the fix for the fridge, we persisted to pursue a replacement that would work without a modification of additional caulking. We called again and talked with Katrina in MI with KitchenAid, who understood our concern that the repair was being made outside of the service contract by making an addition or modification using caulk and not repairing with new or refurbished parts, but she had to discuss with the service rep to confirm that was the fix. The next day she called back and left me a voicemail and requested I call back to 1-866-640-7146 and ask for her or Aleah. Unfortunately, this was not a direct line (as she indicated), and we were sent thru the same calling tree, recordings, on-hold, transfers, etc., again as previously mentioned.

Long story short, we finally gone thru to an Andrew in TN; then an Erin in TN; then her supervisor Katzman; and finally, the “Resolution Manager” in MI (?), Gabby (ext. **). This appeared to be where the buck stopped. She insisted that by adding the caulk, this was a fix under the extended contract (using new parts) because the caulk had a Whirlpool part # (even though caulk was not intended or initially installed there). We expressed our concern that the remedy to add a bead of caulk sealant to the exterior joint between the stainless steel shell and interior plastic was not a “repair” using “new or refurbished parts”, and that it was an “addition or modification”, and only appeared to be a “band-aid” fix for the poor design of air flow that was changed on this model of fridge within a year… She disagreed.

After spending about a half-hour on the phone with this manager, we were at the end of our rope. She thanked us for our time and mentioned she would document in our file our dissatisfaction with the proposed remedy to fix our fridge. In summary, if Whirlpool/KitchenAid were to admit and own up to this poor design flaw having subsequent failures, they’d be needing to recall and replace several units; hence, the reason for what we have gone thru and “contract misinterpretation” push back. We will proceed with the current fix, and tolerate at least 3 more repair visits over the next 3-years until the “No Lemon Guarantee” stipulation as provided in the KitchenAid Service Plan kicks in. Unless a class action lawsuit is initiated. Stand-by to see how that goes!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

French Door Refrigerator - KRFC300ESS. I should have read reviews about KitchenAid appliances before I purchased one. Please read this review and be careful when selecting your appliances and also check the warranty and service for these appliances. I purchased the refrigerator in October, 2016. In August, 2017, the freezer stopped working so all the food I had there I had to take out and consume or keep it in an ice box with ice. The refrigerator part also did not work - the temperature was +12C. I called Whirlpool (they are responsible for KitchenAid) and I was told that they will send out a technician. The technician came on August 23 but said he needs to order the part.

The part came and the technician changed it on August 30. The freezer worked but the refrigerator didn't. I called back customers' centre at Whirlpool and they sent out the technician again on September 1. The problem still was not fixed and the repair guy came back on September 13 and said he has to order another part. The part which was ordered was a wrong part so it had to be re-ordered and the 2nd order came on September 27th. After that call the refrigerator worked but then it started to "freeze" stuff. Once again the technician came on October 16 and said he has to order another part, on October 24 he installed it.

Yesterday I discovered that my fresh basil, lettuce were frozen. Again. I called the Whirlpool and they will be sending out the technician again (I think this guy can moved in with my family- he has been here so many times). Luckily I purchased extended warranty. Be prepared when you call the service centre to be put on hold - today I was on the phone with them for over 1 hour. I BOUGHT A LEMON!!! IF I KNEW THAT I WOULD HAVE SUCH A PROBLEM WITH KITCHENAID I WOULD HAVE NEVER PURCHASED IT. How many times will it take to fix this lemon! Obviously there is something wrong with this unit.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We have had nothing but trouble with our new refrigerator (Counter depth refrigerator with French doors on top), which was delivered Aug 14th 2017. By Aug, it quit. We had to get everything out to save it, hauled it to our daughter's extra refrigerator and freezer, and it took 3 1/2 wks to get it fixed. The computer board went out and of course, it had to be ordered. We didn't get our refrigerator back until sometime in Sept. Then, just before Christmas, it quit again. Finally got someone out between the holidays to take a look at it, and of course, it couldn't get fixed until the 3rd of Jan because a panel was out on the new computer board.

There is a serious design problem with this refrigerator, and KitchenAid will not replace it or refund our money. Not a reputable company! They've cut corners on their products and are not the quality they used to be. Steer clear! We are in our 18th home and have had many refrigerators over the years. This is the worst. I also have a brand-new KitchenAid microwave that has been fixed and replaced because it had issues. Just wouldn't buy this brand.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Kitchenaid 29 cubic ft. refrigerator is a complete lemon. Repair company has rebuilt whole fridge twice, from computer system, evaporator, dehumidifier, gaskets, drawer rollers, ice/water LED pad, and not to mention the pitting (rust) on the outside stainless steel. Best part, it's not even 5 years old.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I originally purchased a KitchenAid refrigerator (model# KRFC604FSS) May 313 2017, along with 4 other KitchenAid appliances (this is a new build). All but the stove arrived 6/21/17. When we plugged the fridge in, it was making a very loud noise and many of our contractors said it was abnormally loud and I should call Pacific Kitchen & Home/Best Buy. When I did, I was told to talk to the Geek Squad and then call KitchenAid directly. That was the beginning of long wait times on the phone, automated voice messages, getting disconnected after providing endless details (they cannot call you back) and waiting to speak with a human that could take action. When I finally did speak with someone they argued with me about the date of purchase (which I have the receipt for) and "how loud" the noise was. They refused to replace the fridge and sent someone out.

The first time I sat home for 8 hours and no one showed up. They rescheduled. The second time, they said they would be there between 8 and 12. They didn't show up and said they would come at 2. I was not able to wait, so I asked to cancel, and they said they couldn't cancel the appointment after the driver was already en route. They showed up and no one was here. When I called to reschedule they said that I wasn't there for my appointment which I explained was not the case. Then they fixed the fridge but not the dent or the rust on the front door. So I started the process all over. Finally after many calls and arguments, asking them to just replace the door, they refused and sent me free stainless steel cleaner. Pacific Kitchen & Home agreed to replace the fridge since they thought KitchenAid should have done this.

The new fridge came the end of September. The ice maker stopped working early December (who needs ice during the peak holiday season?) So I made another appointment and they then canceled it, a few days before. Today the repairman came (12/29) and said that he didn't have the parts. He will be back next Friday. So this is the general gist of my experience so far. When the repair person arrives he is polite and does his best. Pacific Kitchen & Home have also tried their best (by replacing the fridge in September).

The bottom line is that KitchenAid produced a poor-quality product, would prefer to fight with the consumer than provide service, and sends their repair people out without the required parts. It is important to note that this fridge was over $2600 and I have now had to take time off from work, on four occasions, and it is still not working. I have had THE SECOND fridge in my house for three months. It is still not working properly and failed during the month that I have the most people at my home. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND going elsewhere with your business.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I purchased 5 KitchenAid appliances 45 days ago during their big 25% off promotion. That was mistake one. I get a call yesterday 4 days before delivery telling me that my fridge is backordered until April. This is the biggest load of lies since Donald Trump on Twitter. Investigating deeper and talking with my sales agent at home depot it sounds like any counterdepth fridge with external ice water have been pulled and no longer is available for purchase. They have even pulled all these models from the KitchenAid website. Ridiculous. Calling customer service, the company line is that there is no recall and it is available for order. So I ask if it's available why is it no longer on the website. Needless to say I need to cancel my entire KitchenAid purchase. Do not make the mistake of buying KitchenAid.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

What does a nearly $3k buy you nowadays? A refrigerator that will cost you another 1k in floor damage. If you are lucky enough to sleep through the gunshot popping noise, the icing up, and the leaky door will get you. The freezer door must now be held in closed position with dog food been pinned up against it.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid is an American home appliance brand owned by Whirlpool. The company began in 1919, and it makes a variety of refrigerator sizes and styles.

• Variety: KitchenAid makes refrigerators with a range of different features, such as climate control, intuitive controls, spill-resistant glass and more.

• Price: KitchenAid offers a range of prices so that customers can find the model they are looking for within the price range they want.

• Features: KitchenAid's fridges come with many features, such as icemakers, French doors, side-by-side doors and bottom freezers.

• Availability: It's easy to find KitchenAid's products at many retail stores, as well as on its website.

• Free delivery service: KitchenAid will deliver your refrigerator to your house at no charge and install it for you.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a basic fridge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs