Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Sharp look. Great price. This is the best. My vegetables have ever looked and tasted. The texture is the best for stored vegetables in the cool compartments. I am able to clean this refrigerator with ease. I also get compliments on my refrigerator and I am not married. This is a first, and a good compliment. Helps my weeks, months and years. I love the egg holders. The freezer does not freeze any item too much. They have came a long way, and you can quickly tell by grabbing an apple, and taking that first bite. I do not know how the engineers pulled up this marvel, yet this is true. It certainly cannot hurt to try this refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have the KitchenAid ... 604, it is a counter depth model with the ice maker in the door. It is slightly larger than most counter depth units and slightly taller which fits my location perfectly. Love the layout inside, seems much larger than it is. One negative although is that the Freezer door does not open easily, actually difficult to pull, not sure if my is defective or it is by design, but something to note nonetheless.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I have owned the KitchenAid refrigerator since 2000 and have not had a day's worth of trouble with it. The refrigerator section is on top, and the freezer, with 2 pull-out shelves is on the bottom. Items stored in either section are easily accessible. The refrigerator has no water maker or any other fancy do-dad, but does have an ice maker located in the freezer. When it has to be replaced, I will definitely look for another KitchenAid refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I like the appearance of a counter depth refrigerator with no grungy water/ice dispenser on the outside - it has a filtered water dispenser on the inside. As far as performance it keeps a perfect 38 degrees, and nothing spoils due to too high or low temperature. My only complaint, a mild one, is that the freezer is on the small side and I have to remember that when I go shopping.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We bought this KitchenAid refrigerator 20 years ago and never had a problem with it. All our appliances are KitchenAid and they do a great job. The only complaint that I have is that it is a double door and it is very small inside. I like big and roomy appliances. This is not a roomy appliance but it works for us. We have to purchase new appliances. I look for ones with room and efficiency.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I loved my Kitchenaid krff507e, until I didn't. Spoiled milk and sour orange juice is a bad way to start your day. I called Customer Service, and even though the fridge was just a little over a year old, they refused repair service. After much time spent on Google, I found the resolution for the frost behind the Deli/Cheese drawer and why the fridge wasn't cooling to acceptable temperature. The Temperature Sensor was in the wrong place. An actual appliance repairman was kind enough to post that this was KNOWN to Kitchenaid, that there was actually a technical service bulletin FOR this issue. Now, given that I spent $2500 on a fridge that I could only use for a year, I was not about to spend another dime for service, and since kitchenaid was not offering to repair what, in my opinion, SHOULD have been recalled, I fixed it myself. Hopefully my fridge and I will have many great years together, no thanks to Kitchenaid.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Purchased from Lowe’s 9/21/18 and bought 5 year extended warranty through Lowe’s. Kitchen Aid did not supply refrigerator to Lowe’s until 11/15/18 (they said they weren’t ready to manufacture that model until then). I noticed first of August 2019 (8 months after delivery) that the long deli drawer (under the crispers) was not shutting completely on the left side. It stuck out like something stuck behind it. Upon checking, I found a block of ice (maybe 15” long by 5” high) behind the left half of that drawer. It was still under Manufacture warranty and they sent repairman from local appliance repair in 8/6/18.

They returned 8/23/19 to repair. I had to empty the refrigerator and freezer 24 hours before and turn it off to allow the ice to melt I was informed. I did this. A pain is in the neck of course to relocate everything. The repair was made. 6 months later, I notice the same issue with left end of drawer not shutting. Sure enough, the same block of ice had returned. Called Lowe’s and they had no record of first incidence because that was MANUFACTURE WARRANTY incidence. Was rudely told this would be the FIRST incidence of such issue now that under Lowe’s extended warranty.

I am set for yet another Appliance repair store to be here 2/13/20. So I’m sure they will also tell me to empty it before they return for repair! And my fear is this will be a temporary fix just like last time. I’ll be reporting it again in another 6-9 months and eventually my warranty will expire and I’ll be out the money because I have a LEMON!!! I think Kitchen Aid should replace it. I also would like to know if this issue has occurred often with this model. Maybe I don’t have a lemon, but the whole model manufactured at that time (between Sept 2018-November 2018) are faulty???

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My experience with the KitchenAid Company was awful. I purchased a high end refrigerator with a 5 year warranty. The icemaker and freezer at the bottom broken. No ice is producing and the freezer is not keeping food frozen The repairmen came in three times to fix this problem. Three different times, not fixable. They actually said this refrigerator cannot be repaired. Called Kitchenaid and they advised me that they will give me 10 or 15% off of a new refrigerator. Then I spoke to another supervisor and he said the best he can do is give me 35% off of a new refrigerator. So what they are telling me is that I can spend another $4500.00 on a new refrigerator because that is what it would cost me with the discount, so they can do this to me again when the second one breaks.

I told them that they are not standing behind their product and they indicated to me that is the best they can do. What the heck does that mean. The best they can do. Why would I purchase another Kitchenaid product when they cannot stand behind their product. If they don't do something about this issue, I will never buy another kitchenaid product and either will anyone else because I am the news media. I know how to get around this whole community. I am so angry. I have a warranty and my refrigerator is broken and no one is doing anything about this issue. Kitchenaid has to do the right thing.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

NEVER BUY A KITCHENAID REFRIGERATOR!! EVER!! My refrigerator has not worked since my install in July, 2019. Multiple service calls with no resolution. When I call I am put on hold for an average time of 30 to 45 minutes. Today on a 53 minute wait, when I connected they transferred me to the dept. responsible for my exchange and now it says a 75 minute hold. Customer service people have been nice and pleasant, but the company as a whole has a real issue and are understaffed. In addition, when I call to discuss the issue they just want to sell an extended warranty. I paid over $3,800 for the refrigerator, so expectation would be that it would work and be a good product. IT IS NOT!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

One year new fridge totally broken down! Called the customer service, they send over very unprofessional technician. This technician has no idea what to do. Kept us waiting for a long time for a part, and then he said not because of that part ! Then he said because of this design. Anyway. We are still waiting for their solution without have a fridge to use for over a month! I have two babies, you can imagine how it affect our lives. Very bad company and very unprofessional people. Do not buy from them!!

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid is an American home appliance brand owned by Whirlpool. The company began in 1919, and it makes a variety of refrigerator sizes and styles.

• Variety: KitchenAid makes refrigerators with a range of different features, such as climate control, intuitive controls, spill-resistant glass and more.

• Price: KitchenAid offers a range of prices so that customers can find the model they are looking for within the price range they want.

• Features: KitchenAid's fridges come with many features, such as icemakers, French doors, side-by-side doors and bottom freezers.

• Availability: It's easy to find KitchenAid's products at many retail stores, as well as on its website.

• Free delivery service: KitchenAid will deliver your refrigerator to your house at no charge and install it for you.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a basic fridge.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team