KitchenAid Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About KitchenAid Refrigerators

KitchenAid designs and sells dozens of refrigerators and freezers. Options include side-by-side refrigerator and freezer combos and french door refrigerators. Free-standing and built-in refrigerators are available in a variety of sizes and colors. KitchenAid offers financing for refrigerators and freezers, and it also sells wine cellars and ice makers.

Pros

• Multiple looks, models and styles
  • Fridges for every budget
  • High-tech temperature control

Cons

• Higher prices than similar brands
  • Lacks some high-tech options

Bottom Line

KitchenAid has been a trusted and reliable home appliance company for decades. It offers innovative and sleek refrigerators in a variety of styles.

Top KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Verified

Twenty five years and counting, a very impressive quality worth every penny, never any need for maintenance other than vacuum the dust and clean, no ice buildup, plenty shelf spac...

Verified

This is our first Kitchenaid brand refrigerator and has been the best refrigerator that we have ever owned. It is feels substantial when opening/Closing the doors and drawers. Ver...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

KitchenAid refrigerator models

Your refrigerator is a vital part of your kitchen appliance package and should fit seamlessly into the style of your kitchen while catering to the needs of your family. KitchenAid has a variety of refrigerator models to meet your style preferences and budget.

The right KitchenAid refrigerator for you varies based on the amount of space you have, how much room you need inside of the refrigerator and your preference for French doors, side-by-side doors or freezer-on-the-bottom designs.

KitchenAid refrigerator prices

Because KitchenAid offers such a wide variety of kitchen appliances and refrigerators, prices vary significantly between models. Most refrigerators fall within the $2,000 to $3,000 range, but you can find basic models for just under $2,000. KitchenAid's next largest selection of refrigerators falls between $7,500 and $10,000.

KitchenAid offers free delivery on orders of $399 or more and limited-time specials, such as a 10% discount on your entire purchase when you buy two appliances or more at full price. KitchenAid also offers home delivery and professional installation. Some other costs to consider when purchasing a KitchenAid refrigerator include:

• Delivery for products under $399: $59
  • Uninstall services: $20
  • Haul-away services: $20
  • Standard shipping for major appliance parts and accessories: free
  • Deliveries to the third floor or higher: no charge

Consumers looking to save money on appliances can take advantage of KitchenAid promotions, rebates and discounts directly on its website.

KitchenAid Refrigerator FAQ

Who makes KitchenAid refrigerators?
KitchenAid is a U.S. company owned by Whirlpool.
Where are KitchenAid refrigerators made?
Many KitchenAid appliances are made in the U.S., while others are manufactured in Quebec, Ontario and China.
How do I reset my KitchenAid refrigerator?
To reset the system, simply hold down the filter reset button on the display until the lights go off. This resets the entire system.
How long do KitchenAid refrigerators last?
The average life span of a KitchenAid refrigerator is between 15 and 17 years.
Who sells KitchenAid refrigerators?
You can buy KitchenAid appliances on its official website and at many big box stores, including Best Buy, Costco and Home Depot.

Are KitchenAid refrigerators good?

KitchenAid has been a leader in kitchen appliances for decades. The company offers high-quality refrigerators and other appliances for consumers across the country and provides solid warranties and flexible installation options. We recommend checking out KitchenAid refrigerators before purchasing your next fridge.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

In the beginning of September 2022 we purchased the KitchenAid - 20 Cu. Ft. French Door Counter-Depth Refrigerator model KRFC300ESS. This refrigerator was delivered and installed on September 8, 2022. We immediately noticed that the cover above the inside of the water spout was loose and falling out. Also the lid for the deli department was popping out almost every time you open this compartment. Then we noticed that the freezer handle was loose. We were waited for a couple of weeks to see if anything else was broken and call Kitchenaid to correct the deficiencies. I was told that their approved vendor will contact us.

In about a week or two we were contacted and they schedule the repairman for December 30, 2022 and told us the following:

1. The faulty cover above the the water spout will be ordered. As of today I received two emails from the repair shop that this part is being delayed.
2. The deli compartment lid is cosmetic and not under new product warranty.

3. The freezer handle is our fault and we should tighten it ourselves.

I called the Kitchenaid customer service and the lady other did not know what water spout is. The other two items she stated are out of 30 day warrantee and transfer me to after warrantee department. The person there just repeat to me that it is my problem and I should repair it at my expense. Never met more arrogant customer service representatives. They both were just trying to brush me off.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

We bought a Kitchenaid side by side refrigerator just over two years ago. Recently the ice dispenser stopped working. A technician came out and told us the wiring broke because the wires are close to the door hinge. What kind of engineer came up with that design?? The solution to the problem is a new door! Cost is $600. So I guess we could count on it breaking again and again due to this foolish design. So we will live without the ice dispenser. Kitchenaid used to be a great company but the quality has slipped. We won't buy again.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Purchased a KitchenAid refrigerator KRMF706ESS in Jan-23. Upon unpacking, I discovered the bottom freezer door was not secured to the rails and only held in place with packing tape. The right door hinge is defective, allowing the door to shift vertically and causes misalignment. The inside right door top mount for the shelf is defective. The shelf bracket does not fit properly on the mount and scratches the plastic on the inside back of the door. All these issues clearly indicate that KitchenAid has a poor quality management program.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I currently have a Kitchenaid refrigerator model 704FOS05 for less than 30 days. It has not held a temperature below 47 degrees since received when set for 33 degrees. This was part of an exchange for one that couldn’t cool either and was sent back within first 30 days. There have actually been 4 refrigerators involved in exchange due to multiple cooling failures and repair failures. From January 2022 to October 2022 I was completely without refrigeration due to a back order of unit. Kitchenaid refuses to give me a refund. They insists on repair tech trying to fix a brand new unit.

My frustration with this entire lack of having a refrigerator that will perform the basic operation of cooling has reached a boiling point. This is a $4500 piece of junk that has a functional failure that I have been stuck with. I recommend that nobody should consider buying a Kitchenaid/Whirlpool product directly from a company that puts out such a poor quality product and won’t make it right. If you do then beware they try to force you in to repair under warranty immediately after delivery. If there was a zero star rating then it would be just that. This has a miserable nightmare for my family with no end in sight.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

This refrigerator makes popping and cracking sounds constantly. The noise level from it is disruptive to conversation in the other rooms it’s so loud. Do not buy a Kitchen Aid or Whirlpool refrigerator as they are noisemaker junk with doors that are unbalanced and slam out when opening. Sick I bought this box as you will not know what it sounds like until you have plugged it in.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

Bought a Kitchenaid set of Fridge, dishwasher, stove and microwave. They look beautiful but buyer beware. We required a new dishwasher after 2 years and now after 3 years our fridge is leaking water and temperature is varying from 27 degrees to 52 degrees. Tons of food lost because of this. Was happening from the start but we just raised the temp to 40 degrees and kept the fridge not real full. Used our old garage fridge to help out.

After the 3 year warranty ended we noticed frozen water had formed under the deli tray when water slowly started leaking out. Called KitchenAid and they said had to send out KA specialist. So we did. He said drain tube clogged. Had to defrost a ton, clear tube out and inspected tube. He found nothing that clogged it but said it could have been a very small piece of lent. That this happens. 4-5 months later exact same problem returns. He comes back out and breaks up ice and says he can't see anything clogging the tube so says it must be a different problem. He said hopefully just clearing this out will solve the problem, but did say this seems to be a different issue. I was not in agreement with this because the way the ice formed and water came back was the exact way it had previously.

After 2 days and problem returned he said he would investigate to see if there are any known problems. He called back and said Whirlpool said to change out water house and all the tubes. That there must be a water leak. He checked for a water leak when he had just been at my house and found no leaks and he thoroughly tested for leaks with my help. To change out everything Whirlpool/KitchenAid recommended would have cost $545 and this is on top of the $225 for the first call to unclog my line... which he claims is a different problem. If I asked if he was sure there was a leak he'd need to charge me an additional $175 to come out to diagnose further. So I decided to do my own testing by turning the water off. And... the problem continued.

We fully turned off the fridge for 30 days when we went out of town and left the water on. No leaks... so we do not have a water leak and this KitchenAid specialist - recommended by KitchenAid would have cost us near $800 and not fixed our problem. That is horrible! So I call out a 5 star appliance company with over 100 ratings, who is amazing, and he explains what he believes the problem is and says he can't fix it. It's a poorly insulated tube and since it goes next to freezer, as water slowly drips down it gradually freezes over and water slowly backs up. He explained exactly what is happening. He also said the control panel was faulty and that temp in fridge should not vary like that. He could fix the control panel, but I'd be stuck with the other issue so he suggested I contact KitchenAid or get a new Fridge.

To have a fridge last 3 years is crazy! It never actually worked correctly. When I contact KitchenAid they don't take any responsibility and want me to call back out the KitchenAid specialist. However, I don't have money to just toss around when that person made a guess that was wrong. So I researched Class Action Lawsuits and found my exact same problem occurred in prior models, just prior to my model. To say there have been no problems that they were aware of was a lie.

Shame on KitchenAid for not taking responsibility for a poorly built fridge. They used to have a good name, but after 2 of my new appliances now needing to be replaced quality is questionable. Just go onto their Facebook website to see others comments. Even our stove required new handles because they crinkled up due to heat - a design flaw. Plus igniter went out after 3 years... Now the control panel on the stove isn't working and top stove won't turn on. Ugh! Igniters do need to be replaced but every 3 years seems a little soon. but the control panel only lasting 3 years is ridiculous... and no we don't use harsh chemicals on it. So frustrating. I wish they took care of their customers better considering what we pay for these appliances. We pay for high quality and good customer service. Unfortunately that is not what we got. Lesson learned.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

We purchased a KitchenAid refrigerator/freezer model KRMF706ESS in late 2020 along with the extended warranty through AIG. Within a year the unit stopped cooling completely at which time we unplugged the unit. Once the repair tech arrived the unit was plugged in and worked fine. This problem has occurred at least 3 more times since then. Each time we will call for service and we are told it will be 2 weeks before someone can come out. During this time we will unplug the unit for 24 hours and plug it back in. It will then work again for a few months then we have the same cycle. Now we are being told there is nothing KitchenAid or AIF can do for an intermittent issue and we "have to live with it". Not the kind of quality and service I expected after paying so much for a supposed quality product.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

The French door KitchenAid refrigerator is a total loser... It sucks .... Freezes up and stops working. Of course after the warranty has expired...but the old KitchenAid in the garage is still working..

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I purchase the Kitchenaid appliance suite as part of my custom home appliance package. The refrigerator was a Bella French Door Bottom Freezer - Model No. KRFC704PFS04. Looks nice but that's where it ends. The interior large shelf cracked on its own, have no idea how it happened. The ice maker sounds like a mewing cat all the time, and now the refrigerator will not cool below 58 degrees. Everything spoiled. I called in for warranty obviously it's less than a year old. Have waited two weeks for a service appointment.

Finally, they came yesterday and it'd not an easy fix. Seal system is bad and the possible motherboard. I will have to wait a minimum 2-3 weeks for repair and that's no guarantee. I was speaking with repair tech telling him I was thinking of purchasing extended warranty and he told me not to bother. I would waste more time and it would be better to just buy a new fridge. What?? When paid SO much to get this "upgraded, made in America product". I don't understand the lack of quality that is now considered acceptable. It blows my mind to expect that consumers to go out and just replace only after a year is an acceptable practice.

Unbelievable... I have read so many reviews now that I wish I wouldn't have bought Kitchenaid/Whirlpool. Obviously, they don't care about their quality control and are producing inferior products and then selling them to unsuspecting consumers who realistically have an expectation that when you spend thousands of dollars on a "brand name product like Kitchenaid" it should last longer than 1 year. Making inferior products to line their own pockets at the expense of the consumer in regards to time and money is Disgraceful... Take heed, think before you buy, be assured the chances are you WILL have trouble. Just look at these reviews.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Where do I begin, Kitchen Aid is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Spent over $6000.00 on a fridge that lasted 13 months. They told me they couldn't do anything for me. They can't get the parts to fix their own fridge and said they would give me 15% off a new one. I have complained multiple times and finally the local rep said they would send me a new fridge but a cheaper model. I have been waiting 4 months and it was supposed to arrive the other day. I called and they now said maybe December!!!! I then called a local store to see if they could order it and they said yes and could have it within a few weeks. This company is a disgrace and would stay away from any of their products. I will be posting reviews of my experience on every platform I can find to warn people about this Horrible Horrible dishonest company!!!

KitchenAid Refrigerators Company Information