Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

1001 KitchenAid Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Sharp look. Great price. This is the best. My vegetables have ever looked and tasted. The texture is the best for stored vegetables in the cool compartments. I am able to clean this refrigerator with ease. I also get compliments on my refrigerator and I am not married. This is a first, and a good compliment. Helps my weeks, months and years. I love the egg holders. The freezer does not freeze any item too much. They have came a long way, and you can quickly tell by grabbing an apple, and taking that first bite. I do not know how the engineers pulled up this marvel, yet this is true. It certainly cannot hurt to try this refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have the KitchenAid ... 604, it is a counter depth model with the ice maker in the door. It is slightly larger than most counter depth units and slightly taller which fits my location perfectly. Love the layout inside, seems much larger than it is. One negative although is that the Freezer door does not open easily, actually difficult to pull, not sure if my is defective or it is by design, but something to note nonetheless.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I have owned the KitchenAid refrigerator since 2000 and have not had a day's worth of trouble with it. The refrigerator section is on top, and the freezer, with 2 pull-out shelves is on the bottom. Items stored in either section are easily accessible. The refrigerator has no water maker or any other fancy do-dad, but does have an ice maker located in the freezer. When it has to be replaced, I will definitely look for another KitchenAid refrigerator.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I like the appearance of a counter depth refrigerator with no grungy water/ice dispenser on the outside - it has a filtered water dispenser on the inside. As far as performance it keeps a perfect 38 degrees, and nothing spoils due to too high or low temperature. My only complaint, a mild one, is that the freezer is on the small side and I have to remember that when I go shopping.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We bought this KitchenAid refrigerator 20 years ago and never had a problem with it. All our appliances are KitchenAid and they do a great job. The only complaint that I have is that it is a double door and it is very small inside. I like big and roomy appliances. This is not a roomy appliance but it works for us. We have to purchase new appliances. I look for ones with room and efficiency.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

This refrigerator fit perfectly into our built-in space, and is great looking and has all the latest features. The interior space of our side by side style fridge however, is a little cramped. We've had excellent service and support on this brand.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Twenty five years and counting, a very impressive quality worth every penny, never any need for maintenance other than vacuum the dust and clean, no ice buildup, plenty shelf space, flexible shelves, excellent door arrangement.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

This is our first Kitchenaid brand refrigerator and has been the best refrigerator that we have ever owned. It is feels substantial when opening/Closing the doors and drawers. Very spacious and well-designed storage. Would not hesitate to buy this brand again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

This top of the line KitchenAid refrigerator has not worked properly since Day 1. One problem after another. Whirlpool Corporation is a disgusting company to deal with. Told they will repair, but never allow a return. Every time we had a service technician come out, they would say something different from the previous technician. Whirlpool said they needed to pull the whole ceiling out, including wiring, to stick in a small foam pad to correct a problem issue with this model rather than replace this Lemon. They knew all the problems this French door model had but refused to fix them properly. Both refrigerator and freezer made me lose expensive medication and groceries more than once. They would not reimburse.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Unit has 2 ice makers. The one inside the freezer just quit working and it is very noisy when it runs. It was a bonus having the second ice maker so you would never run out for parties or especially in the summertime.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid is an American home appliance brand owned by Whirlpool. The company began in 1919, and it makes a variety of refrigerator sizes and styles.

• Variety: KitchenAid makes refrigerators with a range of different features, such as climate control, intuitive controls, spill-resistant glass and more.

• Price: KitchenAid offers a range of prices so that customers can find the model they are looking for within the price range they want.

• Features: KitchenAid's fridges come with many features, such as icemakers, French doors, side-by-side doors and bottom freezers.

• Availability: It's easy to find KitchenAid's products at many retail stores, as well as on its website.

• Free delivery service: KitchenAid will deliver your refrigerator to your house at no charge and install it for you.

• Best for: Homeowners and college students looking for a basic fridge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs