Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Refrigerators

KitchenAid designs and sells dozens of refrigerators and freezers. Options include side-by-side refrigerator and freezer combos and french door refrigerators. Free-standing and built-in refrigerators are available in a variety of sizes and colors. KitchenAid offers financing for refrigerators and freezers, and it also sells wine cellars and ice makers.

Pros

• Multiple looks, models and styles
  • Fridges for every budget
  • High-tech temperature control

Cons

• Higher prices than similar brands
  • Lacks some high-tech options

Bottom Line

KitchenAid has been a trusted and reliable home appliance company for decades. It offers innovative and sleek refrigerators in a variety of styles.

Top KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Verified

Twenty five years and counting, a very impressive quality worth every penny, never any need for maintenance other than vacuum the dust and clean, no ice buildup, plenty shelf spac...

Verified

This is our first Kitchenaid brand refrigerator and has been the best refrigerator that we have ever owned. It is feels substantial when opening/Closing the doors and drawers. Ver...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid refrigerator models

Your refrigerator is a vital part of your kitchen appliance package and should fit seamlessly into the style of your kitchen while catering to the needs of your family. KitchenAid has a variety of refrigerator models to meet your style preferences and budget.

The right KitchenAid refrigerator for you varies based on the amount of space you have, how much room you need inside of the refrigerator and your preference for French doors, side-by-side doors or freezer-on-the-bottom designs.

KitchenAid refrigerator prices

Because KitchenAid offers such a wide variety of kitchen appliances and refrigerators, prices vary significantly between models. Most refrigerators fall within the $2,000 to $3,000 range, but you can find basic models for just under $2,000. KitchenAid's next largest selection of refrigerators falls between $7,500 and $10,000.

KitchenAid offers free delivery on orders of $399 or more and limited-time specials, such as a 10% discount on your entire purchase when you buy two appliances or more at full price. KitchenAid also offers home delivery and professional installation. Some other costs to consider when purchasing a KitchenAid refrigerator include:

• Delivery for products under $399: $59
  • Uninstall services: $20
  • Haul-away services: $20
  • Standard shipping for major appliance parts and accessories: free
  • Deliveries to the third floor or higher: no charge

Consumers looking to save money on appliances can take advantage of KitchenAid promotions, rebates and discounts directly on its website.

KitchenAid Refrigerator FAQ

Who makes KitchenAid refrigerators?
KitchenAid is a U.S. company owned by Whirlpool.
Where are KitchenAid refrigerators made?
Many KitchenAid appliances are made in the U.S., while others are manufactured in Quebec, Ontario and China.
How do I reset my KitchenAid refrigerator?
To reset the system, simply hold down the filter reset button on the display until the lights go off. This resets the entire system.
How long do KitchenAid refrigerators last?
The average life span of a KitchenAid refrigerator is between 15 and 17 years.
Who sells KitchenAid refrigerators?
You can buy KitchenAid appliances on its official website and at many big box stores, including Best Buy, Costco and Home Depot.

Are KitchenAid refrigerators good?

KitchenAid has been a leader in kitchen appliances for decades. The company offers high-quality refrigerators and other appliances for consumers across the country and provides solid warranties and flexible installation options. We recommend checking out KitchenAid refrigerators before purchasing your next fridge.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I am completely surprised that after spending $2500.00 on a refrigerator, that functions well and initially looked great, am now, after less than a year into owning this refrigerator, now has rust spots all over the refrigerator doors. These rust spots initially started as pin-head size but now are growing larger and more numerous. After I was able to get hold of customer service who finally routed me to the correct person (after quite a bit of time on hold), I shared with this person what my issues were. He explained to me that this happens and that there was nothing he could do about it. I continually pushed him on this issue explaining that it made no sense for a top/high end brand to have issues like this.

He eventually conceded and said that he would ship all three doors and that I should schedule a time with my local KitchenAid service techs. He then said that if this occurred again that he would not be sending a new set of doors and that, "this was it, no more". When the service tech showed up he explained that this always happens with this refrigerator and to be prepared for it to happen again. This is ridiculous. I would be fine if this was a "one time thing", but to told by not only the local service technician but the KitchenAid customer service rep. as well, that this is something that, just "happens" is absurd.

In addition to this, it took 90 days for the doors to arrive and after they did, it was found that they sent in two left doors! I have now been informed that I will have to wait 60 days for the right door. The local service rep that KitchenAid directed me to, did a poor job of installing the doors that I did receive, they were not aligned, the gasket was "stuffed" into the door so that there was heat exchange from the outside causing an improper seal so that moisture began to collect along the seams. ALSO, the door that they did send had a torn (or cut) gasket. Again, this is ridiculous that such a high end brand would affiliate with poor field techs, and send damaged product. I'm beside myself and at a loss.

I'd say, if you are thinking of purchasing this product, STEER CLEAR. Due to my experience with KitchenAid's customer service and the my experience with this particular product, I will NOT be purchasing any product from KitchenAid, and will do my best to dissuade others from doing the same. Let me add that I am using the manufactures suggested cleaning product. The KitchenAid rep initially tried to suggest that the rust spots were due to me and improper care and cleaning.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

This KitchenAid refrigerator requires constant repairs... several times a year. It is only two years old... All of the parts in the refrigerator have been replaced now... it worked for a few months and now it's broken again and we have been waiting for weeks for parts. Using the refrigerator as an icebox. Changing ice bags twice a day. I am done with this thing.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

We purchased a Kitchen Aid Refrigerator (Model KRFF507ESS, 27 cu. ft, French door with ice/water machine) and in the 4 years we've had it, we've spent almost 50% of the purchase price (close to $1300) on repairs. This model has a documented problem with the "frozen fresh food evaporator" - Google the issue and you'll find numerous customer complaints about this very issue. Most recently, the ice maker stopped working and we were told it'd be an additional $455 of repair. The authorized service repairman in our area (whom we've gotten to know due to the ongoing repair issues) even commented during this most recent visit that the KitchenAid models he's serviced last, on average, 8 years.

When I explained the situation to KitchenAid Customer Service this afternoon, they offered to "schedule a non-warranty service" for me (i.e., something I could literally do by picking up the phone myself). After being transferred to a KitchenAid supervisor, I was then told that they'd offer me a 40% discount off a brand new product. After spending almost $1300 on a $2600 refrigerator! AS IF. We will never purchase KitchenAid again. We thought we were purchasing a quality product and it's been nothing but a lemon, requiring costly repair after costly repair. We take impeccable care of all appliances/products, which is what made this situation all the more frustrating. Folks, be sure you purchase those extended warranties! You will need them with your KitchenAid refrigerator!!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I’ve had the cooktop, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, and microwave for three years. THREE YEARS!!! The refrigerator stopped cooling. The next day the freezer stopped freezing. We waited five weeks for the one and only repair company in our area, Guinco, to come out. Was told that a part, which was no longer under warranty $507, had malfunctioned. Waited another four weeks for the part to come in. When the part arrived they put it on and then discovered the condenser, which thankfully is under warranty, $1,000+, was no good. So now we’re having to wait another six weeks for the new condenser. Practically four months. That is totally absurd.

Why they feel only one company in my state is authorized to work on these substandard appliances, I don’t know. Luckily we have an older refrigerator in the garage. My husband went out and bought a portable ice maker, also. I read on the website that Kitchenaid/Whirlpool products can last between 15-17 years. If that’s the case for the “few” products that do not last longer than three years, it should be an automatic replacement. That would be excellent customer service. Do not buy this product. Run, do not pass. Go as far away from this cheap as heck product. The product “looks” fabulous but it’s all a delusion. Again, RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS CRAP PRODUCT.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

We purchased four KitchenAid items for our kitchen to receive a $600 rebate. Our reseller showed us the KitchenAid screen where all items were available for deliver in less than 30 days. This was a condition of our purchase. That was 04/01/2021. They delivered our oven and microwave and dishwasher. They never delivered our refridge nor wine cooler. They now claim end of the year. Our sales rep indicates maybe even later since the manufacturer reps come and go and KitchenAid changes its mind on deliveries. I called them and asked if we could pay a little more and pick them up IN STOCK at Best Buy and still get our $600 rebate. They refused. They are making us wait for an unreliable delivery date. They misrepresented the purchase. I saw the manufactures computer screen that said they would deliver. DO NOT BUY from whirlpool or KitchenAid since they will rob from you and not give you any rebates. In addition, they will not live up to their delivery dates even on their own computer system.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Our brand new KitchenAid fridge has malfunctioned since we received it. Instead of replacing, Kitchenaid forced us to go through Lake Appliance repair for service. 10 visits and multiple replacement parts later, still malfunctioning. Kitchenaid customer service is MIA and designed to prevent customers from reaching them. The repair guys can get through easily, and in fact are told not to talk in front of the end customer. Our 1 year warranty expires next month, so we had to buy extended since the unit still is not functioning properly. The unit was very expensive and “American-made.” Do not buy from this company. They are terrible units, they don’t give you choice of service companies, and the company is entirely apathetic to your family’s health and investment.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I bought a KitchenAid refrigerator in July last year. Less than two months ago, the refrigerating compartment did not work properly. Reno Appliance changed to a new refrigerator. However, the same problem occurred in the new refrigerator before a year, and it has not been fixed until two months after reporting the problem. Kitchen Aid is the worst brand.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

We bought all KitchenAid appliances for our new home just under 10 years ago. The dishwasher lasted just 2 years before it needed replacing! Now the refrigerator leaks water everywhere! We found a sheet of ice under the freezer drawers…no drain plug or anything! It appears the ice was melting all over the kitchen floor! It will cost more to have someone come out to fix it than it would to just buy another appliance!! We’re buying a new LG refrigerator that Consumer Reports gives rave reviews! Staying away from KitchenAid forever!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

The freezer drawer was bent and leaking air during manufacture. Ice built-up inches thick, then moisture leaked onto the oak floor. Warranty service takes hours to reach and starts with them saying you must have done something wrong. You have to contract with a local repair shop and pay them in advance, but order parts through Whirlpool. It has dragged on call-after-call for months and is still not fixed.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Refrigerator model KRSC700HPS just over 1 year old. Has been icing up inside the freezer and refrigerator causing air blockage so temp of refrigeration at 60 degrees. Told by repair service that they first need to replace thermostat and fan units. Then if ice repeats have to replace the control unit. All parts on backorder so have to do without the refrigerator for who knows how long. Repairman said even a replaced control unit may not fix the problem. Over $2,300 loss. Just learned that there is a class action lawsuit against Whirlpool regarding this problem with defective Control Units causing ice build-up in many of their different branded refrigerators.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Company Information