Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Refrigerators

KitchenAid designs and sells dozens of refrigerators and freezers. Options include side-by-side refrigerator and freezer combos and french door refrigerators. Free-standing and built-in refrigerators are available in a variety of sizes and colors. KitchenAid offers financing for refrigerators and freezers, and it also sells wine cellars and ice makers.

Pros

• Multiple looks, models and styles
  • Fridges for every budget
  • High-tech temperature control

Cons

• Higher prices than similar brands
  • Lacks some high-tech options

Bottom Line

KitchenAid has been a trusted and reliable home appliance company for decades. It offers innovative and sleek refrigerators in a variety of styles.

Top KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Verified

Twenty five years and counting, a very impressive quality worth every penny, never any need for maintenance other than vacuum the dust and clean, no ice buildup, plenty shelf spac...

Verified

This is our first Kitchenaid brand refrigerator and has been the best refrigerator that we have ever owned. It is feels substantial when opening/Closing the doors and drawers. Ver...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid refrigerator models

Your refrigerator is a vital part of your kitchen appliance package and should fit seamlessly into the style of your kitchen while catering to the needs of your family. KitchenAid has a variety of refrigerator models to meet your style preferences and budget.

The right KitchenAid refrigerator for you varies based on the amount of space you have, how much room you need inside of the refrigerator and your preference for French doors, side-by-side doors or freezer-on-the-bottom designs.

KitchenAid refrigerator prices

Because KitchenAid offers such a wide variety of kitchen appliances and refrigerators, prices vary significantly between models. Most refrigerators fall within the $2,000 to $3,000 range, but you can find basic models for just under $2,000. KitchenAid's next largest selection of refrigerators falls between $7,500 and $10,000.

KitchenAid offers free delivery on orders of $399 or more and limited-time specials, such as a 10% discount on your entire purchase when you buy two appliances or more at full price. KitchenAid also offers home delivery and professional installation. Some other costs to consider when purchasing a KitchenAid refrigerator include:

• Delivery for products under $399: $59
  • Uninstall services: $20
  • Haul-away services: $20
  • Standard shipping for major appliance parts and accessories: free
  • Deliveries to the third floor or higher: no charge

Consumers looking to save money on appliances can take advantage of KitchenAid promotions, rebates and discounts directly on its website.

KitchenAid Refrigerator FAQ

Who makes KitchenAid refrigerators?
KitchenAid is a U.S. company owned by Whirlpool.
Where are KitchenAid refrigerators made?
Many KitchenAid appliances are made in the U.S., while others are manufactured in Quebec, Ontario and China.
How do I reset my KitchenAid refrigerator?
To reset the system, simply hold down the filter reset button on the display until the lights go off. This resets the entire system.
How long do KitchenAid refrigerators last?
The average life span of a KitchenAid refrigerator is between 15 and 17 years.
Who sells KitchenAid refrigerators?
You can buy KitchenAid appliances on its official website and at many big box stores, including Best Buy, Costco and Home Depot.

Are KitchenAid refrigerators good?

KitchenAid has been a leader in kitchen appliances for decades. The company offers high-quality refrigerators and other appliances for consumers across the country and provides solid warranties and flexible installation options. We recommend checking out KitchenAid refrigerators before purchasing your next fridge.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

KitchenAid 23.8 cu. ft. Counter-Depth French-Door Refrigerator with PrintShield Finish, Stainless Steel: bought May 2021 for $3999.99. My New Kitchen aid fridge is constantly on 50 degrees Celsius, Freezer way below -10, ice takes forever to make, there is a buzz noise. I scheduled a technical support for review and he confirmed all the problems and he said I will need a computer part replaced. I do not have any follow up email or call on my problem the technician confirmed. Calling customer service is just useless...they do not have any status on the part that was ordered or have any interest in help. I want this fridge replaced. Food is constantly getting spoilt and I cannot use this expensive junk. I just wish Kitchenaid will review my complaint and replace my fridge.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

We purchased a Kitchen Aid counter-depth refrigerator in July 2021. By September it stopped working and has been inoperable since (4 months later). We have had 7 service appointments during this time; each time the technician assured us the issue was repaired but the fridge never got below 76 degrees. We requested a replacement refrigerator several times but were told the warranty would only cover repairs and we were locked into using their repair service provider. I don't know any other business that could take a customer's money (almost $2,500) and deprive them of a working product. If I tried their approach with my company's clients, I would be sued or out of business or both. Horrible experience.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

My 4 yr old $4500 refrigerator went out and lost food twice in it and Kitchenaid has been horrible, they don’t want to compensate in any way and don’t care that you're with a refrigerator. They leave you on hold for hours.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

This refrigerator has been in use since 2007 and I have not has any problems with it. The ice maker works perfectly, the temperature controls and meter for the filter works great. I have the stainless steel side by side cabinet depth model with ice and water in the left hand freezer door. I am very happy with my refrigerator.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Less than 5 years old. Paid $4200. KitchenAid model krfc704fbs00. Design flaw where ice builds up behind the plastic backing. They removed the defroster unit to cut power and as ice builds up the unit fails. No access to consumer. Nothing that can be done. Ours was the first release (called Bella 1) and they are now on v3. The software for ours was 4.xx and they are now at 7.xx. No recall notices. No offered software updates. Repair bill is almost $900 of which over 1/2 is parts (to replace the control board and software). Whirlpool refuses to do anything. We spent over $16k on a whole kitchenaid setup to have early failure.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

We moved into a custom built home and selected a KitchenAid refrigerator/freezer, wall oven, microwave, stove/oven combo, and two dishwashers. It’s been 2.5 years and every single appliance has had issues except one dishwasher. The refrigerator/freezer is the worst of all. First it was the ice maker, then it was the ice maker door, then it was the motor, and now the water line to the ice maker is dripping. The wood floor in front on the freezer is now ruined from all the leaks. We’ve had a repair guy out at least 5 times already and I'm going to have to call them out again to fix this new issue.

If you're wondering about the other appliances: the microwave sensor for the door is faulty. The bulb went out in one year (probably because the light stays on when it thinks the door is open) and a service person had to remove the entire wall unit to replace a $3 bulb. Also, occasionally when we press start, it does this weird halfway come on thing… They said to just restart it.

The stovetop does not regulate heat well. Low and medium flames on the medium sized eyes are exactly the same. Low boils over every time. The repair guy said, “The flame is not changing but the heat is.” Really?? Because it’s really not. We’ve learned to utilize the space between ignite and high to better control heat. I shouldn't have to implement tricks for it to act right. Also, when I put the small eye on low, it often causes the ignitor on eyes next to it to continually tick. If it doesn't do it every time, they can't fix that either. The repair guy has been out twice for the stove.

One of the dishwashers does a pretty terrible job of cleaning… not sure why but I'm going to have the service guy look at that when he comes for the freezer leak. KitchenAid small appliances are awesome. Their major appliances are not. It seems in the last couple of years, the quality has gone down quite a bit. If you choose to buy their major appliances anyway, get the extended service plan; you’re going to need it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

We purchased a very high end Kitchenaid refrigerator. Due to a design flaw (admitted by company as settlement decided upon) we incurred property damage. Due to the Global pandemic parts are hard to come by. Completely understandable. Not the company's fault. Once parts became available the issues with the service department started. We would have to wait online for literally hours at a time in order to speak with someone having to explain our story again and again. No direct number to call. And every time feeling like we were the bad guy. Feeling like we were trying to cheat the system. No one was willing to help us. They would just push us from department to department, manager to manager (never actually speaking with a manager). No one ever making a decision.

Ultimately, problem being we live in a small community with limited access to service providers. We live over three hours from a large center. And we’re left on our own to find our own service provider. After we found a service provider Whirlpool would not approve the service provider because it was only one service man. They would only approve a company that had two or more service providers because the refrigerator was too big for one person. When we offered to hire a third-party they refused so we had zero opportunities to have our new refrigerator fixed. After hours and hours on hold and fighting just to get a refrigerator fixed they finally agreed to fix it for the amount that they had originally agreed to and then change their mind but would not send any kind of documentation stating this. So now we have to pay out of pocket hoping that when we submit the paid invoice that they will reimburse us.

When asked what the turnaround time for repayment was I was told minimum four weeks. Moral of the story if you live in a small community away from a big service area you will not get your refrigerator fixed without having to pay some out-of-pocket expense. In our experience nothing last forever so if you think you’re going to phone and get warranty you’re wrong so maybe think twice.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

We purchased the refrigerator and soon after few months we started getting over temperature issues. We contacted them but they would say it is repairable and the Dan Marc company folks would come (4 times already) and still not fixed. I have a 5 year old at home and have food products which can go bad. The issue is still unresolved and it’s only a year now that we have this faulty appliance. They decline to replace it!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

After 3 years of ownership, I will likely never buy KitchenAid Appliances again. I thought I was upgrading from GE that I never had issues with. KitchenAid full kitchen remodel in 2019 has left me with frustration in ownership.

Refrigerator:
    - Wasted use of space, specifically, get rid of the full-width deli drawer. You must open both French doors to access and it occupies valuable space for tall items that are used every day.
    - Shelves stop short of meeting the back of the refrigerator (1/2" or more) causing bottles and cans (water, beer, ...) to slip into the space and topple over.
    - Putting beverages in the door compartments is not sufficient (qty) and they have a tendency to topple out.

- Freezer (bottom) does not pull out evenly and the divider is not moveable to accommodate common items like pizza or a large turkey. Had one incident of freezer accumulating ice coverage. See this as a common complaint.

Microwave: Handle gets very hot to touch as it is positioned over the stove. Didn't know I needed pot holders to open the Microwave!

Dishwasher: Cycle is excessively long. Can't imagine it is more efficient than a shorter cycle.

Gas Range: Fittings on burners have a "gravity" fit which can easily slip off base. The variation of burner sizes is stupid. I can only use one burner to produce medium and flexible heat. The largest burner is too hot and the flame too wide. The smaller burners at the back of the stove are hard to reach for stirring slow cooking items.

I have tried to submit design suggestions to KitchenAid and their website does not provide on-line communication. I guess the dozen or so people in charge of design don't want consumer feedback. As a former product designer I feel my comments have value, so do other consumers. The options at retail are all similar, but I will definitely take this negative experience with KitchenAid products to scrutinize my next major appliance purchase.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I am completely surprised that after spending $2500.00 on a refrigerator, that functions well and initially looked great, am now, after less than a year into owning this refrigerator, now has rust spots all over the refrigerator doors. These rust spots initially started as pin-head size but now are growing larger and more numerous. After I was able to get hold of customer service who finally routed me to the correct person (after quite a bit of time on hold), I shared with this person what my issues were. He explained to me that this happens and that there was nothing he could do about it. I continually pushed him on this issue explaining that it made no sense for a top/high end brand to have issues like this.

He eventually conceded and said that he would ship all three doors and that I should schedule a time with my local KitchenAid service techs. He then said that if this occurred again that he would not be sending a new set of doors and that, "this was it, no more". When the service tech showed up he explained that this always happens with this refrigerator and to be prepared for it to happen again. This is ridiculous. I would be fine if this was a "one time thing", but to told by not only the local service technician but the KitchenAid customer service rep. as well, that this is something that, just "happens" is absurd.

In addition to this, it took 90 days for the doors to arrive and after they did, it was found that they sent in two left doors! I have now been informed that I will have to wait 60 days for the right door. The local service rep that KitchenAid directed me to, did a poor job of installing the doors that I did receive, they were not aligned, the gasket was "stuffed" into the door so that there was heat exchange from the outside causing an improper seal so that moisture began to collect along the seams. ALSO, the door that they did send had a torn (or cut) gasket. Again, this is ridiculous that such a high end brand would affiliate with poor field techs, and send damaged product. I'm beside myself and at a loss.

I'd say, if you are thinking of purchasing this product, STEER CLEAR. Due to my experience with KitchenAid's customer service and the my experience with this particular product, I will NOT be purchasing any product from KitchenAid, and will do my best to dissuade others from doing the same. Let me add that I am using the manufactures suggested cleaning product. The KitchenAid rep initially tried to suggest that the rust spots were due to me and improper care and cleaning.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Company Information