2. Homeowners

KitchenAid Refrigerators

KitchenAid Refrigerators
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

KitchenAid designs and sells dozens of refrigerators and freezers. Options include side-by-side refrigerator and freezer combos and french door refrigerators. Free-standing and built-in refrigerators are available in a variety of sizes and colors. KitchenAid offers financing for refrigerators and freezers, and it also sells wine cellars and ice makers.

BOTTOM LINE

KitchenAid has been a trusted and reliable home appliance company for decades. It offers innovative and sleek refrigerators in a variety of styles.

PROS

• Multiple looks, models and styles
  • Fridges for every budget
  • High-tech temperature control

CONS

• Higher prices than similar brands
  • Lacks some high-tech options

Top KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Twenty five years and counting, a very impressive quality worth every penny, never any need for maintenance other than vacuum the dust and clean, no ice buildup, plenty shelf space, flexible shelves, excellent door arrangement.

This is our first Kitchenaid brand refrigerator and has been the best refrigerator that we have ever owned. It is feels substantial when opening/Closing the doors and drawers. Very spacious and well-designed storage. Would not hesitate to buy this brand again.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Learn More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid refrigerator models

Your refrigerator is a vital part of your kitchen appliance package and should fit seamlessly into the style of your kitchen while catering to the needs of your family. KitchenAid has a variety of refrigerator models to meet your style preferences and budget.

The right KitchenAid refrigerator for you varies based on the amount of space you have, how much room you need inside of the refrigerator and your preference for French doors, side-by-side doors or freezer-on-the-bottom designs.

KitchenAid refrigerator prices

Because KitchenAid offers such a wide variety of kitchen appliances and refrigerators, prices vary significantly between models. Most refrigerators fall within the $2,000 to $3,000 range, but you can find basic models for just under $2,000. KitchenAid's next largest selection of refrigerators falls between $7,500 and $10,000.

KitchenAid offers free delivery on orders of $399 or more and limited-time specials, such as a 10% discount on your entire purchase when you buy two appliances or more at full price. KitchenAid also offers home delivery and professional installation. Some other costs to consider when purchasing a KitchenAid refrigerator include:

• Delivery for products under $399: $59
  • Uninstall services: $20
  • Haul-away services: $20
  • Standard shipping for major appliance parts and accessories: free
  • Deliveries to the third floor or higher: no charge

Consumers looking to save money on appliances can take advantage of KitchenAid promotions, rebates and discounts directly on its website.

KitchenAid Refrigerator FAQ

Who makes KitchenAid refrigerators?
KitchenAid is a U.S. company owned by Whirlpool.
Where are KitchenAid refrigerators made?
Many KitchenAid appliances are made in the U.S., while others are manufactured in Quebec, Ontario and China.
How do I reset my KitchenAid refrigerator?
To reset the system, simply hold down the filter reset button on the display until the lights go off. This resets the entire system.
How long do KitchenAid refrigerators last?
The average life span of a KitchenAid refrigerator is between 15 and 17 years.
Who sells KitchenAid refrigerators?
You can buy KitchenAid appliances on its official website and at many big box stores, including Best Buy, Costco and Home Depot.

Are KitchenAid refrigerators good?

KitchenAid has been a leader in kitchen appliances for decades. The company offers high-quality refrigerators and other appliances for consumers across the country and provides solid warranties and flexible installation options. We recommend checking out KitchenAid refrigerators before purchasing your next fridge.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

First of all I called the help center and clerk was so rude, then I had tech come out to check my fridge which is LOUD and he didn't look at anything and said, "Yup they are loud nowadays," and left!! What kind of service is that? How does that help me as a customer not being satisfied with a loud running fridge? The company could care less about their customers. I never will from this company for any product!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Purchased this refrigerator new for over $3000 and had to call the repairman within 6 months. It has quit cooling 4 times in the 2 years that I have owned it and each time the repair company tells me it is fixed. It has never been fixed and I have had to throw away spoiled food each time. I will never purchase a Kitchenaid product again. I would give 0 stars if I could.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Updated on 10/04/2020: When the compressor failed the digital read out display also went. The compressor is covered by 5 year warranty, but not the digital display panel. They failed on the same day?? This is a top of their line unit. (Not cheap). They came out and gave me an estimate of $600 for new digital readout unit. I am at 6 weeks and counting without the fridge and no one can give me a date!

Original Review: Appliance was 4 months off first year warranty when compressor failed causing electric control panel to need replacing. Although compressor is covered in second year I was charged for the service call and new control panel (over $600). This was a $2400 bar fridge. I expected better quality and service after purchasing $20,000 in KitchenAid appliances. Not sure this will ever be my brand in the future.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

After six years it kept powering off. Used their certified repair company and after 9 service visits over four months they finally deemed it unrepairable. Countless hours wasted on the phone and waiting for repairmen. Only offered a 40% discount on a new one but had to pay in full in advance. Replacement arrived damaged after 4 weeks. No refund possible. Still waiting four weeks later and after 6 months still don’t have an operable refrigerator.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

We bought a top of the line KitchenAid refrigerator, including an icemaker, about 2 1/2 years ago when we rebuilt our home after a fire. It has a stainless steel door to match the other appliances in out kitchen. Initially, everything worked fine. More recently, the ice was melting in the ice maker and it was jamming. The door also has become damaged and started rusting. We didn't buy the extended warranty, so we had a repair person come to service the refrigerator. He replaced a part and recharged with some freon. The repair cost $500. The ice was still melting (about a month later), so we asked the repair person to come again. He said the compressor is faulty and has to be replaced. It would have to be shipped from outside the country and would cost more than $1,000 (plus labor!). We have decided to replace the refrigerator.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I would love to share my experience with my new KitchenAid refrigerator, however it appears at Whirlpool who makes KitchenAid refrigerators is not up to the task of manufacturing it and getting it shipped!!! How can one have faith in a company that cannot manage its supply chain? I ordered this refrigerator from a major appliance retailer on the East Coast, Karl's appliance on the 5th of June 2020. Its delivery date has been postponed three times already with no firm commitment as to when the product will ship. I made the mistake of continually waiting thinking I've invested this much time already I might as well wait for it to arrive. This turned out to be an ill-advised strategy. KitchenAid refrigerators are simply not shipping.

Had I ordered a Bosch, or GE or any of a number of brands not manufactured by Whirlpool, I would have had my refrigerator for months. If you are prepared to put your trust in a company that cannot honor its commitment dates, then Whirlpool/KitchenAid maybe a viable option for you. For me however this incompetence in handling supply chain management is a deal-breaker! I will not likely ever purchase a Whirlpool/KitchenAid product again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

The handle on the freezer door keep loosening. I have had it fixed at my cost only to have it loosen again. Also the door jams are very difficult to keep clean. The surface between the doors is not smooth and therefore collects dirt easily.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I have had the Kitchenaid side-by-side for over 25 years, and it is still plugging along. Some parts are rusting, but so be it. Having to change the water filter is a bummer, though. There is not as much storage in a side-by-side especially one with an icemaker. I had to have the water inlet replaced years ago, too.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Excellent fridge. Never had a problem to call for service. I got extended service but was never a problem. Just call to service and Sears came and serviced the fridge. Since then I have no service contracts and no problems with the fridge.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Freezer is ridiculously small and v-shaped. Fridge parts started deteriorating a few years after purchase—after warranty had run. Deli drawer lid broke, door stripping ripped and continues to do so, mold grows in the stripping in the refrigerator, the doors don’t close well/easily, especially left door, water drips from doors, the water filter is difficult to change. I do not recommend this refrigerator at all. Looking forward to it breaking down completely so I can buy a new one!

KitchenAid Refrigerators Company Information