KitchenAid Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Refrigerators

KitchenAid designs and sells dozens of refrigerators and freezers. Options include side-by-side refrigerator and freezer combos and french door refrigerators. Free-standing and built-in refrigerators are available in a variety of sizes and colors. KitchenAid offers financing for refrigerators and freezers, and it also sells wine cellars and ice makers.

Pros

• Multiple looks, models and styles
  • Fridges for every budget
  • High-tech temperature control

Cons

• Higher prices than similar brands
  • Lacks some high-tech options

Bottom Line

KitchenAid has been a trusted and reliable home appliance company for decades. It offers innovative and sleek refrigerators in a variety of styles.

Top KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Verified

Twenty five years and counting, a very impressive quality worth every penny, never any need for maintenance other than vacuum the dust and clean, no ice buildup, plenty shelf spac...

Verified

This is our first Kitchenaid brand refrigerator and has been the best refrigerator that we have ever owned. It is feels substantial when opening/Closing the doors and drawers. Ver...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid refrigerator models

Your refrigerator is a vital part of your kitchen appliance package and should fit seamlessly into the style of your kitchen while catering to the needs of your family. KitchenAid has a variety of refrigerator models to meet your style preferences and budget.

The right KitchenAid refrigerator for you varies based on the amount of space you have, how much room you need inside of the refrigerator and your preference for French doors, side-by-side doors or freezer-on-the-bottom designs.

KitchenAid refrigerator prices

Because KitchenAid offers such a wide variety of kitchen appliances and refrigerators, prices vary significantly between models. Most refrigerators fall within the $2,000 to $3,000 range, but you can find basic models for just under $2,000. KitchenAid's next largest selection of refrigerators falls between $7,500 and $10,000.

KitchenAid offers free delivery on orders of $399 or more and limited-time specials, such as a 10% discount on your entire purchase when you buy two appliances or more at full price. KitchenAid also offers home delivery and professional installation. Some other costs to consider when purchasing a KitchenAid refrigerator include:

• Delivery for products under $399: $59
  • Uninstall services: $20
  • Haul-away services: $20
  • Standard shipping for major appliance parts and accessories: free
  • Deliveries to the third floor or higher: no charge

Consumers looking to save money on appliances can take advantage of KitchenAid promotions, rebates and discounts directly on its website.

KitchenAid Refrigerator FAQ

Who makes KitchenAid refrigerators?
KitchenAid is a U.S. company owned by Whirlpool.
Where are KitchenAid refrigerators made?
Many KitchenAid appliances are made in the U.S., while others are manufactured in Quebec, Ontario and China.
How do I reset my KitchenAid refrigerator?
To reset the system, simply hold down the filter reset button on the display until the lights go off. This resets the entire system.
How long do KitchenAid refrigerators last?
The average life span of a KitchenAid refrigerator is between 15 and 17 years.
Who sells KitchenAid refrigerators?
You can buy KitchenAid appliances on its official website and at many big box stores, including Best Buy, Costco and Home Depot.

Are KitchenAid refrigerators good?

KitchenAid has been a leader in kitchen appliances for decades. The company offers high-quality refrigerators and other appliances for consumers across the country and provides solid warranties and flexible installation options. We recommend checking out KitchenAid refrigerators before purchasing your next fridge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Original review: May 17, 2022

The fridge made lots of noise from day one. When I open its door I had to wait one minute before I can open it again. I called K.A. a technician came in, changed a part but nothing changed, plus the fridge started letting out a very bad smell. Called Kitchen Aid again and asked if they could send a person that had taken the COVID vaccine. They told me no because they cannot ask their employees if they had done so. I waited until April of this year to bring someone to take a look at the problems. K.A. told me the that I had to pay for someone to come back to my house.

The first repair person came in twice and could not fix the problem. The company sent a second repair person that told me that there was not a problem. That the smell was coming from my food, the sticking door means that the seal is working well. Asked why I did not have extra warranty on my appliances. Then disabled my oven and dishwasher, told me to restart them and left. I called Kitchen Aid Canada, they refuse to do anything about it. I called the company that send the repairman in several times and they blocked my phone off.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Repairman came and after checking everything he determined that the three main cooling parts were defective and recommended a total replacement of my refrigerator as it was only 30 days old. Whirlpool said, "Absolutely not. We are only required to repair." All the parts needed are on back order. The company reps have all said there is nothing they will do. I am out 3 days pay. I lost approx 1000 dollars in food that spoiled and have no refrigerator till the parts come in. This is unacceptable as I need to keep insulin cold. Everyone I spoke with said not their problem. Take it up with Home Depot. I will never buy or recommend anything made by Kitchen Aid or Whirlpool. They do not stand by their products and service and support are the worst

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Refrigerator is less than 5 years old and Kitchenaid promised to cover the parts and when the repairman got here, they refused to cover it. Same part broke two times two years apart and $4000 fridge and Kitchenaid is saying, "Tough luck lady, you pay over $500 for repair." Kitchenaid appliances are money pits. JUNK.

Original review: April 2, 2022

Very disappointed with Kitchen Aid refrigerator quality. This is 2nd one. First one was replaced by Kitchen Aid after many attempts at repair. The ice maker spewed out water into refrigerator trays, water dispenser not working properly, pathetic (not wholly formed) looking ice cubes, ice buildup around ice cube dispenser chute and under ice maker. This one has similar ice maker problems as first except water dispenser works and water doesn't spew from ice maker to same degree as first refrigerator. Now after 2 years the LED lights on the top and in the freezer compartment have gone out except for one dot in the middle of each light set. After replacing the freezer light without fixing the problem, authorized repairman thinks a new computer board at over $1,000 MAY fix the problem. Refrigerator costing over 3 grand needs 1 grand repair after less than 3 years of residential use. Spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Bought a KitchenAid refrigerator and the freezer handle has been falling off since I bought it. Customer service told me it’s not their problem to fix!!! Don’t buy kitchen aid. They don’t stand by their defective products.

Original review: March 16, 2022

At 9 months needed ice maker replaced. Now at just over a year it bangs like someone is hitting the pipes with a hammer. Kitchen aid repair can't find the reason so kitchen aid says, "The fridge works so sorry about your luck." Would expect better for a 4000 dollar fridge. Don't buy.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

My KRFC704FPS Counter-Depth refrigerator has had issues since day one. I should have returned in within the 15 day window to Best Buy. It is super noisy and can be heard as far away as the 2nd floor of my home. The freezer temp won't go any higher than -7 degrees on a thermometer and that is with a setting of 5 degrees. I have a super accurate electronic thermometer in the freezer and it can get as low as -20 degrees. If I set it lower than 5 it can get colder. The refrigerator section has to stay at 39 degrees of food starts freezing.

KA has been out 3 times for the issue and they won't help. The techs even brought their own thermometers and it states the same. Their only fix is to turn off the ice maker. I paid $4k for a refrigerator and they won't stand behind it. Also, the seal is tearing and water pools up and freezes in the bottom of the freezer. I have had it for 11 months. Every time the tech comes out he says there are issues, but KA won't do anything but say it is normal. I have all KA appliances too.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

KitchenAid 23.8 cu. ft. Counter-Depth French-Door Refrigerator with PrintShield Finish, Stainless Steel: bought May 2021 for $3999.99. My New Kitchen aid fridge is constantly on 50 degrees Celsius, Freezer way below -10, ice takes forever to make, there is a buzz noise. I scheduled a technical support for review and he confirmed all the problems and he said I will need a computer part replaced. I do not have any follow up email or call on my problem the technician confirmed. Calling customer service is just useless...they do not have any status on the part that was ordered or have any interest in help. I want this fridge replaced. Food is constantly getting spoilt and I cannot use this expensive junk. I just wish Kitchenaid will review my complaint and replace my fridge.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

We purchased a Kitchen Aid counter-depth refrigerator in July 2021. By September it stopped working and has been inoperable since (4 months later). We have had 7 service appointments during this time; each time the technician assured us the issue was repaired but the fridge never got below 76 degrees. We requested a replacement refrigerator several times but were told the warranty would only cover repairs and we were locked into using their repair service provider. I don't know any other business that could take a customer's money (almost $2,500) and deprive them of a working product. If I tried their approach with my company's clients, I would be sued or out of business or both. Horrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

My 4 yr old $4500 refrigerator went out and lost food twice in it and Kitchenaid has been horrible, they don’t want to compensate in any way and don’t care that you're with a refrigerator. They leave you on hold for hours.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Company Information