KitchenAid Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About KitchenAid Refrigerators

KitchenAid designs and sells dozens of refrigerators and freezers. Options include side-by-side refrigerator and freezer combos and french door refrigerators. Free-standing and built-in refrigerators are available in a variety of sizes and colors. KitchenAid offers financing for refrigerators and freezers, and it also sells wine cellars and ice makers.

Pros

• Multiple looks, models and styles
  • Fridges for every budget
  • High-tech temperature control

Cons

• Higher prices than similar brands
  • Lacks some high-tech options

Bottom Line

KitchenAid has been a trusted and reliable home appliance company for decades. It offers innovative and sleek refrigerators in a variety of styles.

Top KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Verified

Twenty five years and counting, a very impressive quality worth every penny, never any need for maintenance other than vacuum the dust and clean, no ice buildup, plenty shelf spac...

Verified

This is our first Kitchenaid brand refrigerator and has been the best refrigerator that we have ever owned. It is feels substantial when opening/Closing the doors and drawers. Ver...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

KitchenAid refrigerator models

Your refrigerator is a vital part of your kitchen appliance package and should fit seamlessly into the style of your kitchen while catering to the needs of your family. KitchenAid has a variety of refrigerator models to meet your style preferences and budget.

The right KitchenAid refrigerator for you varies based on the amount of space you have, how much room you need inside of the refrigerator and your preference for French doors, side-by-side doors or freezer-on-the-bottom designs.

KitchenAid refrigerator prices

Because KitchenAid offers such a wide variety of kitchen appliances and refrigerators, prices vary significantly between models. Most refrigerators fall within the $2,000 to $3,000 range, but you can find basic models for just under $2,000. KitchenAid's next largest selection of refrigerators falls between $7,500 and $10,000.

KitchenAid offers free delivery on orders of $399 or more and limited-time specials, such as a 10% discount on your entire purchase when you buy two appliances or more at full price. KitchenAid also offers home delivery and professional installation. Some other costs to consider when purchasing a KitchenAid refrigerator include:

• Delivery for products under $399: $59
  • Uninstall services: $20
  • Haul-away services: $20
  • Standard shipping for major appliance parts and accessories: free
  • Deliveries to the third floor or higher: no charge

Consumers looking to save money on appliances can take advantage of KitchenAid promotions, rebates and discounts directly on its website.

KitchenAid Refrigerator FAQ

Who makes KitchenAid refrigerators?
KitchenAid is a U.S. company owned by Whirlpool.
Where are KitchenAid refrigerators made?
Many KitchenAid appliances are made in the U.S., while others are manufactured in Quebec, Ontario and China.
How do I reset my KitchenAid refrigerator?
To reset the system, simply hold down the filter reset button on the display until the lights go off. This resets the entire system.
How long do KitchenAid refrigerators last?
The average life span of a KitchenAid refrigerator is between 15 and 17 years.
Who sells KitchenAid refrigerators?
You can buy KitchenAid appliances on its official website and at many big box stores, including Best Buy, Costco and Home Depot.

Are KitchenAid refrigerators good?

KitchenAid has been a leader in kitchen appliances for decades. The company offers high-quality refrigerators and other appliances for consumers across the country and provides solid warranties and flexible installation options. We recommend checking out KitchenAid refrigerators before purchasing your next fridge.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Refrigerator?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

We purchased a KitchenAid refrigerator/freezer model KRMF706ESS in late 2020 along with the extended warranty through AIG. Within a year the unit stopped cooling completely at which time we unplugged the unit. Once the repair tech arrived the unit was plugged in and worked fine. This problem has occurred at least 3 more times since then. Each time we will call for service and we are told it will be 2 weeks before someone can come out. During this time we will unplug the unit for 24 hours and plug it back in. It will then work again for a few months then we have the same cycle. Now we are being told there is nothing KitchenAid or AIF can do for an intermittent issue and we "have to live with it". Not the kind of quality and service I expected after paying so much for a supposed quality product.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

The French door KitchenAid refrigerator is a total loser... It sucks .... Freezes up and stops working. Of course after the warranty has expired...but the old KitchenAid in the garage is still working..

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I purchase the Kitchenaid appliance suite as part of my custom home appliance package. The refrigerator was a Bella French Door Bottom Freezer - Model No. KRFC704PFS04. Looks nice but that's where it ends. The interior large shelf cracked on its own, have no idea how it happened. The ice maker sounds like a mewing cat all the time, and now the refrigerator will not cool below 58 degrees. Everything spoiled. I called in for warranty obviously it's less than a year old. Have waited two weeks for a service appointment.

Finally, they came yesterday and it'd not an easy fix. Seal system is bad and the possible motherboard. I will have to wait a minimum 2-3 weeks for repair and that's no guarantee. I was speaking with repair tech telling him I was thinking of purchasing extended warranty and he told me not to bother. I would waste more time and it would be better to just buy a new fridge. What?? When paid SO much to get this "upgraded, made in America product". I don't understand the lack of quality that is now considered acceptable. It blows my mind to expect that consumers to go out and just replace only after a year is an acceptable practice.

Unbelievable... I have read so many reviews now that I wish I wouldn't have bought Kitchenaid/Whirlpool. Obviously, they don't care about their quality control and are producing inferior products and then selling them to unsuspecting consumers who realistically have an expectation that when you spend thousands of dollars on a "brand name product like Kitchenaid" it should last longer than 1 year. Making inferior products to line their own pockets at the expense of the consumer in regards to time and money is Disgraceful... Take heed, think before you buy, be assured the chances are you WILL have trouble. Just look at these reviews.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Where do I begin, Kitchen Aid is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Spent over $6000.00 on a fridge that lasted 13 months. They told me they couldn't do anything for me. They can't get the parts to fix their own fridge and said they would give me 15% off a new one. I have complained multiple times and finally the local rep said they would send me a new fridge but a cheaper model. I have been waiting 4 months and it was supposed to arrive the other day. I called and they now said maybe December!!!! I then called a local store to see if they could order it and they said yes and could have it within a few weeks. This company is a disgrace and would stay away from any of their products. I will be posting reviews of my experience on every platform I can find to warn people about this Horrible Horrible dishonest company!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I have a brand new, $10,000 42 in KitchenAid fridge and less than 3 months and it completely stopped working. Technicians came twice and said they aren’t sure why and have to order parts that may or may not work. And are back ordered. I called KitchenAid to see what they could do and was insulted when they said nothing and offered me $50 for the $400 of food I threw out after spending 10K and barely using the fridge. I have three kids at home and this is awful, and their lack of concern or action is disgusting with the amount of money on a new fridge. We only went with this one because the back order on SubZero was so long but I wish I waited and went with another company to have peace of mind knowing I bought better. This is the worst appliance I’ve ever bought and disrespectful customer service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

In 2021 I purchased a suite of KitchenAid appliances (refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and microwave). Everyone of these items has broken.

Refrigerator -- ice maker does not work, the filter cover broke because the plastic was so brittle, one of the drawers in the refrigerator cannot open so I have lost storage space.
    Stove -- the ceramic stove top has cracked twice and Kitchen Aid is refusing to replace it even though the service person stated there were air bubbles in the stove top.
    Dishwasher -- leaks so a part had to be replaced.

Microwave -- just stopped working.

I spent $6000 on these appliances and I expected them to work longer than two years. Kitchen Aid customer service is a joke. They say they will investigate and get back with me -- still waiting months after the request. When are these companies going to be held accountable for producing and selling junk. I don't have $6000 to replace these after two years. I am not getting obscene bonuses which would allow me to throw these items out and replace them. I had a suite of GE products that worked beautifully but wanted an upgrade. Needless to say I will NEVER purchase another Kitchen Aid product -- I used to think they produced good quality items but now it is just junk.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Purchased model # KRSC503EBS KitchenAid side by side refrigerator two years ago. Model has ice maker in the door--dispenses both ice and water through the door. Ice maker quit making ice. Discovered the wiring harness at the bottom of the door has a broken wire. No way to replace the wire except to replace the freezer door at a cost of ~$1500. Wire was resoldered and it has broken again. Obviously an "engineering shortcoming". Research has shown this is a common flaw. Purchased KA with the feeling this brand was top notch. KA knows they have a problem and have NOT re-engineered. This would be a simple fix--not a $1500 one! My last KitchenAid product purchase.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

After only 6 months my new Kitchen Aid refrigerator quit. (I understand that things break) I called the warranty people and they said they could send someone out in a week and a half (so what do you do in the meantime). (I had to go and buy a small 3 cubic foot Ref. for a $170.00 The repair man came and said that the compressor was no good. His company was not up to speed on the type of free-on that was used in my Ref (why send out someone that cant repair it). Then the Whirlpool company (the parent company) called to say they would replace it with a new one (Yay) but it would be another 4 - 8 weeks before I would get it.

What happened to the word service from companies, it is non existing. So they lived up to their Warranty. I THINK I will get a new one after a total of 5 - 9 weeks without one. What is a family of 5 or six to do (especially if they can't afford $170.00 for a small one). I did drain cleaning, and if someone had toilet that did not flush, and it was their only toilet, I went right out and fixed it. I didn't tell them that it would be a week or so before I could get there. So that's about it. Yes I am getting a new one and they are living up to their warranty. But the service stinks and I am not happy. I am still without a refrigerator!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Save yourself the frustration and do not buy this fridge brand. I wish I know what I knew back in 2020. I bought my KitchenAid fridge in November of 2020 and have had it repaired at least 13 times. I’m so frustrated! The guy that fixes it is frustrated, but they won’t replace the fridge until it’s deemed irreparable. I’ve had to wait months to fix issues with this fridge. Reoccurring issues include ice maker, freezer not freezing, fridge not cooling. I just called warranty again to tell them that my ice maker is not making ice. A technician won’t be here until end of August. It’s summer and I can’t even enjoy ice. Annoyingly frustrated.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Last year I bought a KitchenAid French door refrigerator. The fridge itself seemed to be well designed and I was impressed with its features. Recently, after the 12 month warranty expired, I noticed that ice cream stored in the freezer was soft. I placed a thermometer in the freezer and found that the temperatures ranged from -10C to -13C (14F to 9F). This is much higher than the -18C (0F) set point that I chose. It seems that there is a serious problem with the freezer or the thermostat. The appliance repair technician was unable to fix the problem with the first call.

I had to reschedule a second appointment where Whirlpool/KitchenAid gave me a service window for the afternoon. Unfortunately the appliance repair man called me in the morning to say that he would be coming in a half hour. I was out of the house at the time expecting him to arrive within the agreed-upon window. As a result I now have to wait for a third service call to fix the fridge. Given my experience with them, I would never recommend a Whirlpool/KitchenAid appliance to anyone. I still don't know if they will actually fix the problem or give me another excuse. Stay tuned. Tip for consumers: In reviews, look for themes (e.g. poor service). In this case, most reviews I've seen have criticized the service. My experience confirms the abysmal service to be expected from Whirlpool/KitchenAid.

KitchenAid Refrigerators Company Information