2. Homeowners
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

3.7/5 (74 ratings)

About Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Jacuzzi has built hot tubs designed for rest and leisure since 1915. The company has more than 250 quality checks and inspection standards. Most dealers offer test soaks at their facilities for any Jacuzzi hot tub to help consumers determine which model is the best option for their lifestyle and needs.

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

Pros

• Free test soaks
    • Trade-in options available
    • Customizable lighting options

Cons

• Must receive quotes from local dealers
    • Limited energy-efficient options

Bottom Line

Jacuzzi offers a range of spa and hot tub models across several collections. Pricing isn’t available online, but local dealers can provide accurate quotes for a variety of customizable features and accessories.

About Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Jacuzzi offers a variety of hot tub models with varying capacity, seating styles and jet types. Its tubs also have customizable lighting and shell colors. Hot tubs by Jacuzzi are ideal for those who want an entertainment option for hosting friends, and the tub's hydrotherapy options help people who want to relieve muscle tension or minimize pain caused by stiff joints. Adjustable jets provide full coverage of the neck, back, legs and feet to offer recovery and relaxation.

Consumers can choose from a portable or in-ground Jacuzzi styles. Its models feature options like glass control pads, five-stage filtration systems and open seating with or without lounging options. Jacuzzi's hot tubs have benefits like high-flow jet configurations, ergonomic seating, customizable lighting and water features.

Jacuzzi hot tubs

Jacuzzi has five collections that range from economical models to luxury spas. Every collection includes various seating capacities, jet options, filtration functions and color customizations.

• J-500 Collection: Models in this collection feature open seating and jets designed to relieve tension and improve circulation. They come with a five-stage filtration system, seating for up to seven people and options to customize the colors of the hot tub and its cover. The above-ground Jacuzzi option allows homeowners to move the tub’s location.
    • J-400 Collection: This series offers one of the best hydromassage experiences available. Styles in this collection include additional rotational PowerPro jets, adjustable headrests, a high-back design, premium lighting and a backlit waterfall. J-400 hot tubs seat two to nine people.
    • J-300 Collection: Styles in this collection seat two to seven people and feature premium PowerPro jets, ergonomic seating, adjustable headrests and an advanced control panel.
    • J-LX Collection: This collection features minimalist designs with flat-top rails and engineering that exceeds energy-efficiency standards without reducing jet power. Jacuzzi hot tub models in this collection are available with or without lounging features and seat up to seven.
    • J-200 Collection: This series features seven styles at economical prices. The hot tubs feature standard jets, a two-stage water treatment system, multicolored lighting and cup holders.

Jacuzzi hot tub prices

Jacuzzi hot tubs prices start between $4,000 and $8,000. Premium Jacuzzi hot tubs cost up to $16,000 or more. Jacuzzi's hot tub prices vary depending on features, functions and model types. Consumers can visit local Jacuzzi dealers for pricing or visit the Jacuzzi website to request a quote online. Financing and trade-in options are available, and trade-in value estimates can be requested in-store or online.

Jacuzzi hot tub installation

You need a flat surface — like a concrete slab, a deck or a spa pad — to install any portable Jacuzzi hot tub. If you already have an existing concrete surface, it’s crucial to ensure the surface is level and free of cracks before installing your new Jacuzzi hot tub. If you prefer to place the hot tub on your lawn, you can install your Jacuzzi hot tub on a foundation pad, which is available through the company.

Jacuzzi hot tub FAQ

How much does a Jacuzzi cost?
    The cost of new Jacuzzi hot tubs range from $4,000 to $8,000 for a basic model, though luxury models can cost up to $35,000, depending on particular features of the tub. Overall, prices vary based on size, design and materials.
    Do Jacuzzi hot tubs come with a warranty?
    Yes, Jacuzzi offers limited warranties on the shell structure, shell surface, equipment, controls, plumbing components and some accessories. Jacuzzi hot tub repair is typically not covered, especially if the spa has been subjected to alteration, neglect or misuse.
    What is the difference between a spa bath and a Jacuzzi?
    Jacuzzi is a brand name that makes hot tubs and spa baths. There isn’t really a difference between a spa bath and a Jacuzzi — a spa bath is a product, and Jacuzzi is a brand that manufactures spa baths.
    Does Jacuzzi make inflatable hot tubs?
    No, Jacuzzi does not currently make an inflatable hot tub option. However, outdoor Jacuzzi hot tubs are portable.
    Does Jacuzzi make portable hot tubs?
    Yes, Jacuzzi offers portable and in-ground options. Portable hot tubs require access to an electric panel and a flat surface like pavement, a deck or a spa pad.
    What are Jacuzzi tubs made of?
    Most Jacuzzi tubs are made of acrylic, fiberglass or cast iron. Acrylic Jacuzzi tubs are lightweight and easy to clean, whereas cast-iron Jacuzzi tubs are more expensive but resistant to scratches, dents and chemicals.
    How does a Jacuzzi pump work?
    A Jacuzzi pump is powered by a motor and circulates the water in the tub through the filter, heater and jets, which helps the water remain clean and move throughout the tub.
    Who owns Jacuzzi?
    The Jacuzzi brand is now owned by Apollo Global Management. Jacuzzi was acquired by Apollo Global Management, which is based in New York, around 2007.

Are Jacuzzi Hot Tubs good?

Consumers who want a way to relax or entertain guests benefit from owning a Jacuzzi hot tub. Though Jacuzzi products can be expensive and require some maintenance, each one features customizable features, ergonomic seating and extended warranties that make it a worthwhile investment for your health and entertainment needs.

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi Hot Tubs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I bought a brand new 13,000 Jacuzzi hot tub. It has had a few issues. From the day I got the tub the cover never fit. They tell me it will at least 3 months to get a new cover yet they have many covers for sale on new tubs not sold. But they will not give me one of those so they can sell the Entire tub and cover yet I bought mine already so it appears they don't care. I called them directly.. They blame covid (which I do understand). But if they have other covers out there for sale you would think they would take care of the person that bought it already. Not happy with this company.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Last year I was delivered a hot tub. We were initially upset the hot tub came without a cover. Didn't see much point having one without the other. The Hot Tub cover arrived over 8 weeks later when my wife and I weren't home. We weren't notified of a delivery. The cover was delivered and never inspected, and is 6 inches oversized for the hot tub. We had a storm, which was able to grab hold of the cover and rip it from the straps, causing severe damage to the oversized cover. My pregnant wife had to go in our 200 ft back yard to catch the cover while I was away at work for the week.

We complained over 2 months ago about the cover, and have been told that we'll likely receive no compensation or simply a new cover, which is what we would obviously like for our year old hot tub, as the tags are missing from the cover and thus impacts the warranty (convenient). I've been in contact with customer service, and it typically takes them weeks to reply to any email. This was a near $15,000 purchase for my family, and I'm disgusted on how we're being treated, customer service doesn't even have the gumption to tell us no, they simply keep dragging out the process, possibly hoping we'll give up or go away. We'd like this resolved asap, as you've seen through my many emails.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Wow - when we purchased a Jacuzzi spa, we thought we were getting the best of the best. It was a JACUZZI after all! We couldn't have been more mistaken. The spa itself is, eh, at best. Then, 9 months after the spa's warranty expired, BOTH pumps died. Both! This repair is going to cost us over $1,000 in parts! What did Jacuzzi do to "make it right"? They offered us a whopping 15% discount on parts. This is the 3rd spa we've owned. We currently have a Sundance spa and is so SOOOOO much better. It's 8 years old, jets are more powerful and we've never had a problem with it. Trust me, Jacuzzi isn't all that. Take your money elsewhere!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I have had 2 major problems with my hot tub and have owned it less than 4 yrs. costing me $1000. Messages the company why and have not received any response. They charged me $125 just to come out and verify the issue that I had already identified and told them.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I bought a Jacuzzi hot tub less than 3 months ago. On April 28,2021 in Catalina AZ there was a 14 mph wind according to **. The wind broke a clasp to the lid and the other 3 slipped out. Jacuzzi Corp office says this is an act of God and it not covered under warranty. I say the clasp was defective and broke because it could not handle a 14 mph wind. Jacuzzi will not stand behind their product. They are using the clause "Act of God" to void the warranty.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I bought a Jacuzzi tub at Lowe’s and had it installed about 3 weeks ago. I had one nice experience and then the jets quit working. I contacted jacuzzi and spent over an hour on hold to explain the issue. I was told they were contacting a local dealer to come and do the repair. I heard nothing. After a few days, I contacted jacuzzi again and spent over an hour waiting to talk to someone (again). I was given my case number this time and got an email thanking me for contacting them. Still nothing. So, I spent a lot of money on a tub that doesn’t work and no one cares. It is under warranty, but I can’t get anyone to help or acknowledge me. I will never purchase a product from jacuzzi again and I hope you won’t either. They don’t stand behind their products and will not help if there is a problem.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Do not expect Jacuzzi to honor the warranty if you are not the original owner. The local retail store told us it was transferable. The seller reached out to ask Jacuzzi if it was transferable. They never returned his calls. As soon as it is sold the warranty is void. Verified this direct from Jacuzzi support. Don't buy used and expect to have any warranty. Don't buy expecting you can sell it with warranty.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

We purchased our J500 tub from the Wilmington, DE retail store December 2019. November 2020 the diverter valve cap failed and shot water into the air. After many calls to customer service and no support, being hung up on, not getting a return call, and some confusion about ordering parts, the service facility was finally able to order the parts needed. The week before Thanksgiving. At the time I was told it would take two weeks...

It is now January 20, 2021 and I still have no diverter valve parts to repair my hot tub. I have been told delays are because of Covid, because of the Holidays, because the parts come from China, because of a computer virus that lasted two weeks, and now because plastic is on backorder and delayed, length of time unknown. So my hot tub sits in this cold weather, unusable because the jets can't run with the diverter valve broken. Seems no one at Jacuzzi cares about customer service after they have sold the tub.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I purchased a Jacuzzi J-315 model for my wife as a Christmas present in 2015. In that short period of time we have had REPEATED failures on the same components of our hot tub. Controller/Motherboard twice, waterfall at least twice, and heater 2-3 times. We purchased from the Spa Palace in Colorado Springs. I indicated to their service department that this may be a “lemon unit”, with no acknowledgement on their part, and I will be going there tomorrow to discuss further with their sales team. I understand the service department is not responsible for the product the sales team sells. Seems pretty widespread based on the reviews listed on this Consumer Affairs site. I will follow-up with this post as soon as I hear as to what Spa Palace’s position is as to rectifying my “lemon” unit.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I have never owned a hot tub which is why my ratings were in the middle on all except the features. I have resided in accommodations that have had the brand that I am rating and the features were exceptional. This is why I am rating features with a high grade. The hot tub was exceptional and offered many features which enhanced the experience.

Take a Hot Tub Quiz