Looking for a hot tub company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs
2.75/5

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

My wife and I purchased a Jacuzzi spa just over two years ago. We spent around $10k on a 4-5 person tub. We thought we were paying for higher quality that we associated with the Jacuzzi label. However, I'm not sure that label is accurate anymore. After 2 years, the pillows completely deteriorated. When I mentioned this to the dealer, I was advised that pillows are not covered under the warranty, and they recommend taking the pillows off when not using the spa. Well, that would have been nice to know 2 years ago. But $144 later for replacement pillows, lesson learned and I'll now try to remember the advice. (We had a Sundance spa previously, and only replaced the pillows once over approx. 14 years.)

But what I'm even more concerned about is that the covers around the jets which are plastic are now discoloring. They have become "splotchy" in appearance and don't look very nice. According to the dealer, that is also not covered under the warranty. In sum, even though the spa seems to run well (although we don't use it very much), I hope the cosmetic issues in our 2-year old spa are not indicative of worse issues to come. I will have to be convinced to buy another Jacuzzi.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Jacuzzi Oakville has great staff and salespeople. I felt comfortable making a purchase with them and they went above and beyond to close the deal. Their store location staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I have had my tub for less than three years. It's the dead of (ongoing) winter and I went out earlier this week to throw in the weekly chemicals only to find it wasn't heating. I noted the error code on the display and called service. The service line (later found out it's a call centre) answered my call promptly and took down my information. They offered no troubleshooting but did say someone would be back to me in 24 hours.

More than 24 hours later, after hearing nothing via email or call, I called again. Staff was still friendly and again took all my information but said that they're busy and more or less indicated they would get to me when they get to me. I was surprised there was no commitment to when I would hear something considering a tub left unheated in the winter could lead to serious issues in the event of pipe burst etc. The following day, after still no response, I went into the store and finally got some troubleshooting advice. I am extremely disappointed that in such a young aged tub, I am having issues in the first place. But moreover, I am shocked at the terrible nature of their service. SO - buyer beware. If you ever have a problem - you are likely to experience POOR service from this brand. At minimal I should have had a timely call back with some troubleshooting advice.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Received an overpriced tub and sat there as the delivery team broke it. When I contacted Paradise Valley Spas they said it was normal. I contacted Sundance Spa manufacturer. They said I have to work with Paradise Valley Spas or I will void my warranty. Hopeless situation the way contract is written. Do NOT buy from Jacuzzi.

Particulars they busted the outer frame by not pre-drilling the sides. Paradise Valley says it’s cosmetic. The lines leak and broke. It flooded the compartment with water, and put mineralized water on everything at 101 degrees. Paradise Valley Spas will not deliver the cover saying I did not allow delivery. Paradise Valley Spas and Sundance seem to be more criminal than legitimate dealer. Paradise Valley Spas sounded like they were not willing to deliver my spa or help with the issues blaming everything on the customer. Bad all over. Do NOT buy Jacuzzi. You end up with Jacuzzi brand effects.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I bought a Jacuzzi hot tub 1 year ago. Overall I was satisfied with the buying experience and the product. However, less than a year in, the hot tub started squealing like a banshee. The customer service experience has been appalling. First, no service locally in London. I placed a call to their Ontario customer service. They logged the call and told me they could come in 3 weeks. In the meantime, I’ve had to shut off the power because of the noise and I’m concerned about that in the winter in Southwestern Ontario.

No concern on their part however. When someone finally called me from Burlington to set up an actual service date, she didn’t identify herself just asked me to hold and then tried for many minutes to connect me with someone else. I kept hearing her say “oh geez”, “what now” while I was holding. I eventually hung up. Suffice it to say I’m very disappointed in the service and I feel like they should be bending over backwards to fix a product that breaks inside of a year. Unfortunately, I won’t be buying from Jacuzzi again...any product, at any time, at any price.

Original review: March 20, 2018

First I have to say my overall purchase experience with Imagine Backyard of Scottsdale was great. Great showroom! Everyone was very helpful and completed the installation without a hitch. However, I’m disappointed in the Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Spa itself due to what I consider a design flaw. I bought the J-245 7’ spa and the LED perimeter lights are above the water line. This means that wherever you sit, you have a bright LED light in your face, kinda like a sniper’s laser. Very annoying. The Sundance model has the same problem. It’d be nice if there was a frosted lens or way to dim them but it’s either lights on or off. I would not recommend this model.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

The hot tub itself i.e. jets and lights is as advertised. The stereo however is not. One of the key selling points for us was how awesome the sound system was in the showroom. 2 years later, the speakers do not work and the remote will not connect. This is a HUGE fail because it's over $700 to replace the sound system. I DO NOT recommend buying a Jacuzzi unless you don't care about the sound system.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I bought a Jacuzzi J-355 last year and I paid a great amount of money, I did trust on the local business because of their reputation, transparency, honesty and of course the NAME Jacuzzi, I thought that was the TOP brand on the market, but it isn't. This is what happen: Local business is closed and even care sent any letter notifying their loyalty customers, that's bad. After speaking with Jacuzzi customer services they told me that they don't have nothing to do if they run out of business :-)... ok. But this business someday represented your brand and as a customers we still using Jacuzzi.

The customer service lady it seems like that she couldn't help much because what I asked her, I mean having someone to look at it about a noise that just pop up, I need to pay for an extra service to a stranger guy to come and take a look, and with the local business here in town I didn't need to do that, they did run their business for many years, and supposedly economy is good right? (2018) But really don't know exactly what happen.

Also Jacuzzi customer service compared a Toyota with Audi, pretty much she told me over the phone that these 2 Brands are the same and I told her, no isn't. No argues after this point from her, she took my info and told that the supervisor will contact me to see on how they can help me with support as a customer. In other words, isn't worth it all the investment without the support I'm getting now, Hot tub is a hot tub, find a nice one, checking customers reviews and pay cheaper for a great one and maybe have less headache than myself. Very frustrate situation.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

In July of 2015, I had a walk-in tub installed. When I recently had some problems with it I called the company for service only to discover that customer service is non-existent... They offered to send me some parts but as one might guess that would be useless since I (and most people with a walk-in tub) am disabled. I didn't expect them to do it on a warranty, I was willing to pay. Just wanted it fixed. A company that doesn't service its own products is useless and that's about all there is to say about Jacuzzi. I paid $11,000 for this tub. There has to be a better company out there. Find one!

Original review: July 3, 2017

Once again we can not use our spa. Ever since we purchased it 7/09/05 and I know that is almost 12 years ago, but, it is on our covered patio not out in the elements and we have taken the best care of it. Had a licensed electrician do the installation and changed filters. Made sure lines never got frozen. Cleaned and re-cleaned it several time a year. Emptied water. Re-cleaned. We have and this is probably an understatement although I have all the repair bills also, if you would like to see them. Had to put in 4 heaters a 2 circulation pumps countless times since we purchased this spa, at a cost each time of $300 to $500 for service, the parts and the repair cost. Now once again the unit will not even come on. It through s a breaker each time we try. I had an electrician come look at my breakers and was told it is not our breakers it is in the unit...

I can not afford a repair bill for someone to come again. Now we bought this spa for my husband who damaged a disc in the military and my brother who broke several discs in his back and myself who has arthritis in my spine. And have had more times we couldn't use it than times we could... I am very upset at this especially now my husband lost his job, and we have no way to afford to get this spa fixed once again. And have no idea what's wrong now. The pool store says it sounds like the heater once again. But it would cost to have someone come in to look at it and we just don't have the money anymore. I talk to all my friends who have other brands of spas and not one of them has had this kind or amount of problems with their spas. Who are over 10 years old also?

I know there is no warranty because that ran out before we even got the second repair and it didn't cover much anyway. But I hope you stand by your product and there is something you can do to help us. We purchased this spa at Gary Pools & Leisure. They have been kind enough through the years to give us information but not much more or names of repairmen who charged a fortune!! This product over the years has probably cost us well over another four grand in repairs and the purchase price is not even included in that... I am hoping Jacuzzi does the honorable thing and helps us. I truly love our spa and it had made a world of difference in my husband and brothers, and my backs when we can use it.... Thank you for your time... The spa is a: Jacuzzi J-325 (ZB) -40R Marine Spa-Autumn Red Serial # 100166889.

Original review: March 10, 2017

My older Espree model - purchased from Lowes, several years ago - started leaking a couple years ago. As it's a drop in corner unit in my 2nd-floor master bath - enclosed in a tiled frame, I have limited access to its plumbing. On the side that shares a wall with the bedroom's walk-in closet, I was able to find the first leak. The hoses to the leaking water jet were plumbed in a way that creates tension on the jet's housing. The housing is held securely to the tub's body with a lock nut. When the pressure from the pump added stress to the housing - it cracked. I inspected the other jets, and three others had the same cracked housings.

Having access to the first jet, I was able to replace the jet and it's housing, and re-plumb it to relieve the aforementioned stress the original was under. I've used a product, Plast-Aid, to seal the three cracked jet housings that I cannot replace without demolishing the tile work and the tub's framework. These seem to be holding water, as I can fill and drain the tub without it leaking.

But I now have another leak I can't account for. This leak only occurs when the pump is turned on, so I'm going to have to tear down the ceiling below tub to reveal the 3/4" 2nd floor's plywood, fill the tub, and start the pump to get an idea of the location of the leak. Then I'll drill a small hole in the plywood - clear of the plaster the tub was set in - and use an inspection camera to try to find specific cause of this latest leak. Depending on what I find - I'll either be able to correct the problem, or be left with a whirlpool tub that can only be used as a tub. I've read many similar accounts regarding the Jacuzzi whirlpool tubs. Too many.

By the way, the cracked jet housings on these tubs are such a frequent problem, that another product was introduced to address them. It's a fix that may work under the right conditions, and it can be made when there's little or no access to replace the leaking BMH jet. I cannot speak to whether Jacuzzi has modified their manufacturing process, to account for the inherent issues their plumbing caused with my model, but I wouldn't recommend purchasing a later model without doing your due diligence as a consumer. Fyi - I have no relationship with either of the two products mentioned in this review. I've added them in case another Jacuzzi owner is trying to fix a similar problem.

Jacuzzi expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company’s headquarters is located in Chino, California. The company is considered the gold standard in hot tubs, and they're sold in more than 1,000 locations in 60 countries throughout the world.

• Hot tub namesake: When the brand name becomes the product, it generally signals top quality. Many people now refer to hot tubs simply as jacuzzis.

• Online chat: The Jacuzzi website offers an online attendant to answer questions in real-time.

• Ten year warranty: Jacuzzi offers a comprehensive warranty including 10 years on the tub shell and five years on many other components.

• Hot tub guide: Jacuzzi offers a comprehensive hot tub guide as a free download from the website. The company has an emphasis on customer education and believes the more customers know, the more often they will choose Jacuzzi.

• PowerPro jet system: The Jacuzzi jet system is patented and features a high-volume, low-pressure jet design. Jacuzzi has a strong focus on hydrotherapy.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Company Information