2. Homeowners

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.56/5

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Jacuzzi has built hot tubs designed for rest and leisure since 1915. The company has more than 250 quality checks and inspection standards. Most dealers offer test soaks at their facilities for any Jacuzzi hot tub to help consumers determine which model is the best option for their lifestyle and needs.

BOTTOM LINE

Jacuzzi offers a range of spa and hot tub models across several collections. Pricing isn’t available online, but local dealers can provide accurate quotes for a variety of customizable features and accessories.

PROS
    • Free test soaks
    • Trade-in options available
    • Customizable lighting options
    CONS
    • Must receive quotes from local dealers
    • Limited energy-efficient options

About Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Jacuzzi offers a variety of hot tub models with varying capacity, seating styles and jet types. Its tubs also have customizable lighting and shell colors. Hot tubs by Jacuzzi are ideal for those who want an entertainment option for hosting friends, and the tub's hydrotherapy options help people who want to relieve muscle tension or minimize pain caused by stiff joints. Adjustable jets provide full coverage of the neck, back, legs and feet to offer recovery and relaxation.

Consumers can choose from a portable or in-ground Jacuzzi styles. Its models feature options like glass control pads, five-stage filtration systems and open seating with or without lounging options. Jacuzzi's hot tubs have benefits like high-flow jet configurations, ergonomic seating, customizable lighting and water features.

Jacuzzi hot tubs

Jacuzzi has five collections that range from economical models to luxury spas. Every collection includes various seating capacities, jet options, filtration functions and color customizations.

• J-500 Collection: Models in this collection feature open seating and jets designed to relieve tension and improve circulation. They come with a five-stage filtration system, seating for up to seven people and options to customize the colors of the hot tub and its cover. The above-ground Jacuzzi option allows homeowners to move the tub’s location.
        • J-400 Collection: This series offers one of the best hydromassage experiences available. Styles in this collection include additional rotational PowerPro jets, adjustable headrests, a high-back design, premium lighting and a backlit waterfall. J-400 hot tubs seat two to nine people.
        • J-300 Collection: Styles in this collection seat two to seven people and feature premium PowerPro jets, ergonomic seating, adjustable headrests and an advanced control panel.
        • J-LX Collection: This collection features minimalist designs with flat-top rails and engineering that exceeds energy-efficiency standards without reducing jet power. Jacuzzi hot tub models in this collection are available with or without lounging features and seat up to seven.
        • J-200 Collection: This series features seven styles at economical prices. The hot tubs feature standard jets, a two-stage water treatment system, multicolored lighting and cup holders.

Jacuzzi hot tub prices

Jacuzzi hot tubs prices start between $4,000 and $8,000. Premium Jacuzzi hot tubs cost up to $16,000 or more. Jacuzzi's hot tub prices vary depending on features, functions and model types. Consumers can visit local Jacuzzi dealers for pricing or visit the Jacuzzi website to request a quote online. Financing and trade-in options are available, and trade-in value estimates can be requested in-store or online.

Jacuzzi hot tub installation

You need a flat surface — like a concrete slab, a deck or a spa pad — to install any portable Jacuzzi hot tub. If you already have an existing concrete surface, it’s crucial to ensure the surface is level and free of cracks before installing your new Jacuzzi hot tub. If you prefer to place the hot tub on your lawn, you can install your Jacuzzi hot tub on a foundation pad, which is available through the company.

Jacuzzi hot tub FAQ

How much does a Jacuzzi cost?
        The cost of new Jacuzzi hot tubs range from $4,000 to $8,000 for a basic model, though luxury models can cost up to $35,000, depending on particular features of the tub. Overall, prices vary based on size, design and materials.
        Do Jacuzzi hot tubs come with a warranty?
        Yes, Jacuzzi offers limited warranties on the shell structure, shell surface, equipment, controls, plumbing components and some accessories. Jacuzzi hot tub repair is typically not covered, especially if the spa has been subjected to alteration, neglect or misuse.
        What is the difference between a spa bath and a Jacuzzi?
        Jacuzzi is a brand name that makes hot tubs and spa baths. There isn’t really a difference between a spa bath and a Jacuzzi — a spa bath is a product, and Jacuzzi is a brand that manufactures spa baths.
        Does Jacuzzi make inflatable hot tubs?
        No, Jacuzzi does not currently make an inflatable hot tub option. However, outdoor Jacuzzi hot tubs are portable.
        Does Jacuzzi make portable hot tubs?
        Yes, Jacuzzi offers portable and in-ground options. Portable hot tubs require access to an electric panel and a flat surface like pavement, a deck or a spa pad.
        What are Jacuzzi tubs made of?
        Most Jacuzzi tubs are made of acrylic, fiberglass or cast iron. Acrylic Jacuzzi tubs are lightweight and easy to clean, whereas cast-iron Jacuzzi tubs are more expensive but resistant to scratches, dents and chemicals.
        How does a Jacuzzi pump work?
        A Jacuzzi pump is powered by a motor and circulates the water in the tub through the filter, heater and jets, which helps the water remain clean and move throughout the tub.
        Who owns Jacuzzi?
        The Jacuzzi brand is now owned by Apollo Global Management. Jacuzzi was acquired by Apollo Global Management, which is based in New York, around 2007.

Are Jacuzzi Hot Tubs good?

Consumers who want a way to relax or entertain guests benefit from owning a Jacuzzi hot tub. Though Jacuzzi products can be expensive and require some maintenance, each one features customizable features, ergonomic seating and extended warranties that make it a worthwhile investment for your health and entertainment needs.

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi Hot Tubs?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi?

Original review: April 10, 2021

I bought a Jacuzzi tub at Lowe’s and had it installed about 3 weeks ago. I had one nice experience and then the jets quit working. I contacted jacuzzi and spent over an hour on hold to explain the issue. I was told they were contacting a local dealer to come and do the repair. I heard nothing. After a few days, I contacted jacuzzi again and spent over an hour waiting to talk to someone (again). I was given my case number this time and got an email thanking me for contacting them. Still nothing. So, I spent a lot of money on a tub that doesn’t work and no one cares. It is under warranty, but I can’t get anyone to help or acknowledge me. I will never purchase a product from jacuzzi again and I hope you won’t either. They don’t stand behind their products and will not help if there is a problem.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Do not expect Jacuzzi to honor the warranty if you are not the original owner. The local retail store told us it was transferable. The seller reached out to ask Jacuzzi if it was transferable. They never returned his calls. As soon as it is sold the warranty is void. Verified this direct from Jacuzzi support. Don't buy used and expect to have any warranty. Don't buy expecting you can sell it with warranty.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

We purchased our J500 tub from the Wilmington, DE retail store December 2019. November 2020 the diverter valve cap failed and shot water into the air. After many calls to customer service and no support, being hung up on, not getting a return call, and some confusion about ordering parts, the service facility was finally able to order the parts needed. The week before Thanksgiving. At the time I was told it would take two weeks...

It is now January 20, 2021 and I still have no diverter valve parts to repair my hot tub. I have been told delays are because of Covid, because of the Holidays, because the parts come from China, because of a computer virus that lasted two weeks, and now because plastic is on backorder and delayed, length of time unknown. So my hot tub sits in this cold weather, unusable because the jets can't run with the diverter valve broken. Seems no one at Jacuzzi cares about customer service after they have sold the tub.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I purchased a Jacuzzi J-315 model for my wife as a Christmas present in 2015. In that short period of time we have had REPEATED failures on the same components of our hot tub. Controller/Motherboard twice, waterfall at least twice, and heater 2-3 times. We purchased from the Spa Palace in Colorado Springs. I indicated to their service department that this may be a “lemon unit”, with no acknowledgement on their part, and I will be going there tomorrow to discuss further with their sales team. I understand the service department is not responsible for the product the sales team sells. Seems pretty widespread based on the reviews listed on this Consumer Affairs site. I will follow-up with this post as soon as I hear as to what Spa Palace’s position is as to rectifying my “lemon” unit.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I have never owned a hot tub which is why my ratings were in the middle on all except the features. I have resided in accommodations that have had the brand that I am rating and the features were exceptional. This is why I am rating features with a high grade. The hot tub was exceptional and offered many features which enhanced the experience.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Very nice when I set in the jacuzzi. I love the feeling and the water bubbles. Wish it could bubble a little harder or even have light up light in the jacuzzi. But other than that I think the jacuzzi is really great. It could be a look bigger with more holes so the bubbles can come out. Maybe have a grip at the bottom so people won’t slide or fall getting in and out.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

1. April, 2, 2020 I called because our heater was not working. Technician came out and said we needed a new heater. $168.00 for service call. 2. April 24, they replaced the heater. I filled the tub, and the heater still did not work. $682.00 for heater. 3. Technician came third time and said it was the motherboard that was the problem and he would order one. 4. I called and said there was a minor leak that also needed to be fixed when the motherboard was changed. The blower was working at that time.

5. May 8, technician changed the motherboard and said he fixed the leaks. The heater worked but the tub was leaking badly, much worse than before he fixed the leaks. 1 cup every 30 minutes instead of 1 cup a day. Blower did not work after the motherboard was changed. $1,865.00 for motherboard. 6. Technician came out and fixed the leaks he created, but that was not the source of the original leak. I fixed the original leak and when I filled the tub, the blower would not work and the temperature setting on the heater went down every time the blower button was pressed. 7. I sent 1 service email and 6 or more phone calls. Several weeks before I got a response.

8. Around August 21, technician came out when I was not available and fixed the problem with the blower button changing the temperature. But the blower still does not work. It worked before the motherboard was changed. They did not care just wanted $168.00 for the service call. So, 4 months later, $2,883.00 in charges plus a large water bill from draining and filling the tub several times, and I still don’t have a fully functioning hot tub. I have a background in aeronautical maintenance engineering, so I have some experience with mechanical, electronic and electrical systems.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Jacuzzi has a poor warranty. Many parts are only covered for 2 years and they last that long but not longer. My jets keep cracking and breaking apart and I was told that they had defective jets on my class of hot tubs that year but they are only covered for 2 years. I have been lied to numerous times at our locale dealership. After having a Beachcomber for 15 years with almost no problems I am surprised how poorly made Jacuzzi tubs are. Please don't buy Jacuzzi or you are into problems you don't want.

Original review: March 13, 2020

We purchased our Jacuzzi Hot Tub in June, 2016. As of this date, March, 2020 we have had to replace main pumps number one and main pump number two, the heater "horn", waterfall, headrests and one other item I can't recall. Now the LED lights have failed and the replacement waterfall is leaking and leaving a rust stain down to the waterline.

Jacuzzi advertises a 5 year parts and labor warranty but beware, buried in the fine print it says "You may be assessed a reasonable repairman travel mileage charges." In our case it's $203 for the first trip and $95 for a followup trip for the same problem. None of this goes towards labor should the repair be deemed to be not covered by the warranty. We thought the Jacuzzi name with the 5 year warranty was worth the extra initial expense but we were wrong. Find another product that is more dependable, make certain to read the fine print in the warranty and find out exactly what the store considers a "reasonable" trip fee.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

The sauna product is good. The experience with Jacuzzi who supplies them is not good! I was told it would take two weeks and it was three months later that it arrived damaged. It came with no warranty or user guide. I was told I could find them online, but was provided no link. I still have nothing more than a verbal on the warranty. I have had a very frustrating time sorting out the initial site inspection, the electrical, the delivery and the replacement of parts that were damaged. Resulting in time off work, lost income and I still have a damaged product. I have not been compensated for this experience after I was told that they would definitely do something. They now say they will not because they waived the electrical; however the salesman told me electrical was included in the price and I have also found this to be true because it has been stated in their advertising.

I am being told they are ordering new glass that was chipped and new handles that were dented, but they only want to woodfill the gouges on the floor of the sauna...not sure with heating and expansion how that will hold. I feel the communication is very poor and I have constantly had to chase them down for info and answers. They do not follow up when they say they will, they do not keep their word and they change their stories when it suits them. The sauna functions fine so far, but Jacuzzi will never get my business again nor would I recommend them for the very poor customer service. I have had more support when purchasing a toaster oven. This is an expensive item and should be better serviced. BTW my sales rep is always away on vacation...twice in the last four months so I have had to deal with different people who are not accountable for this sale which has added to my frustrations.

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Company Information