2. Homeowners

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.68/5

Looking for a hot tub company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a hot tub company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

The sauna product is good. The experience with Jacuzzi who supplies them is not good! I was told it would take two weeks and it was three months later that it arrived damaged. It came with no warranty or user guide. I was told I could find them online, but was provided no link. I still have nothing more than a verbal on the warranty. I have had a very frustrating time sorting out the initial site inspection, the electrical, the delivery and the replacement of parts that were damaged. Resulting in time off work, lost income and I still have a damaged product. I have not been compensated for this experience after I was told that they would definitely do something. They now say they will not because they waived the electrical; however the salesman told me electrical was included in the price and I have also found this to be true because it has been stated in their advertising.

I am being told they are ordering new glass that was chipped and new handles that were dented, but they only want to woodfill the gouges on the floor of the sauna...not sure with heating and expansion how that will hold. I feel the communication is very poor and I have constantly had to chase them down for info and answers. They do not follow up when they say they will, they do not keep their word and they change their stories when it suits them. The sauna functions fine so far, but Jacuzzi will never get my business again nor would I recommend them for the very poor customer service. I have had more support when purchasing a toaster oven. This is an expensive item and should be better serviced. BTW my sales rep is always away on vacation...twice in the last four months so I have had to deal with different people who are not accountable for this sale which has added to my frustrations.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Over 6 months to deliver a "top of the line" Jacuzzi Hot tub to start with. First day ... problems ... Sale team: terrible ... liars liars liars! Sales team ... full of stories! Service team : terrible too. ... you have to pay under warranty??? ... fully booked, call serviced after 3 weeks?? ... after 3 weeks tech came without common part??? ... not basic parts in stock (normal pump, normal heater) ... reschedule in 7 days?! DO NOT CONSIDER getting in business with this guys (Jacuzzi Ontario)... stay away of trouble ... you will not regret.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

My wife and I purchased a Jacuzzi spa just over two years ago. We spent around $10k on a 4-5 person tub. We thought we were paying for higher quality that we associated with the Jacuzzi label. However, I'm not sure that label is accurate anymore. After 2 years, the pillows completely deteriorated. When I mentioned this to the dealer, I was advised that pillows are not covered under the warranty, and they recommend taking the pillows off when not using the spa. Well, that would have been nice to know 2 years ago. But $144 later for replacement pillows, lesson learned and I'll now try to remember the advice. (We had a Sundance spa previously, and only replaced the pillows once over approx. 14 years.)

But what I'm even more concerned about is that the covers around the jets which are plastic are now discoloring. They have become "splotchy" in appearance and don't look very nice. According to the dealer, that is also not covered under the warranty. In sum, even though the spa seems to run well (although we don't use it very much), I hope the cosmetic issues in our 2-year old spa are not indicative of worse issues to come. I will have to be convinced to buy another Jacuzzi.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Jacuzzi Oakville has great staff and salespeople. I felt comfortable making a purchase with them and they went above and beyond to close the deal. Their store location staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I have had my tub for less than three years. It's the dead of (ongoing) winter and I went out earlier this week to throw in the weekly chemicals only to find it wasn't heating. I noted the error code on the display and called service. The service line (later found out it's a call centre) answered my call promptly and took down my information. They offered no troubleshooting but did say someone would be back to me in 24 hours.

More than 24 hours later, after hearing nothing via email or call, I called again. Staff was still friendly and again took all my information but said that they're busy and more or less indicated they would get to me when they get to me. I was surprised there was no commitment to when I would hear something considering a tub left unheated in the winter could lead to serious issues in the event of pipe burst etc. The following day, after still no response, I went into the store and finally got some troubleshooting advice. I am extremely disappointed that in such a young aged tub, I am having issues in the first place. But moreover, I am shocked at the terrible nature of their service. SO - buyer beware. If you ever have a problem - you are likely to experience POOR service from this brand. At minimal I should have had a timely call back with some troubleshooting advice.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Received an overpriced tub and sat there as the delivery team broke it. When I contacted Paradise Valley Spas they said it was normal. I contacted Sundance Spa manufacturer. They said I have to work with Paradise Valley Spas or I will void my warranty. Hopeless situation the way contract is written. Do NOT buy from Jacuzzi.

Particulars they busted the outer frame by not pre-drilling the sides. Paradise Valley says it’s cosmetic. The lines leak and broke. It flooded the compartment with water, and put mineralized water on everything at 101 degrees. Paradise Valley Spas will not deliver the cover saying I did not allow delivery. Paradise Valley Spas and Sundance seem to be more criminal than legitimate dealer. Paradise Valley Spas sounded like they were not willing to deliver my spa or help with the issues blaming everything on the customer. Bad all over. Do NOT buy Jacuzzi. You end up with Jacuzzi brand effects.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jacuzzi?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I bought a Jacuzzi hot tub 1 year ago. Overall I was satisfied with the buying experience and the product. However, less than a year in, the hot tub started squealing like a banshee. The customer service experience has been appalling. First, no service locally in London. I placed a call to their Ontario customer service. They logged the call and told me they could come in 3 weeks. In the meantime, I’ve had to shut off the power because of the noise and I’m concerned about that in the winter in Southwestern Ontario.

No concern on their part however. When someone finally called me from Burlington to set up an actual service date, she didn’t identify herself just asked me to hold and then tried for many minutes to connect me with someone else. I kept hearing her say “oh geez”, “what now” while I was holding. I eventually hung up. Suffice it to say I’m very disappointed in the service and I feel like they should be bending over backwards to fix a product that breaks inside of a year. Unfortunately, I won’t be buying from Jacuzzi again...any product, at any time, at any price.

Original review: March 20, 2018

First I have to say my overall purchase experience with Imagine Backyard of Scottsdale was great. Great showroom! Everyone was very helpful and completed the installation without a hitch. However, I’m disappointed in the Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Spa itself due to what I consider a design flaw. I bought the J-245 7’ spa and the LED perimeter lights are above the water line. This means that wherever you sit, you have a bright LED light in your face, kinda like a sniper’s laser. Very annoying. The Sundance model has the same problem. It’d be nice if there was a frosted lens or way to dim them but it’s either lights on or off. I would not recommend this model.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

The hot tub itself i.e. jets and lights is as advertised. The stereo however is not. One of the key selling points for us was how awesome the sound system was in the showroom. 2 years later, the speakers do not work and the remote will not connect. This is a HUGE fail because it's over $700 to replace the sound system. I DO NOT recommend buying a Jacuzzi unless you don't care about the sound system.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I bought a Jacuzzi J-355 last year and I paid a great amount of money, I did trust on the local business because of their reputation, transparency, honesty and of course the NAME Jacuzzi, I thought that was the TOP brand on the market, but it isn't. This is what happen: Local business is closed and even care sent any letter notifying their loyalty customers, that's bad. After speaking with Jacuzzi customer services they told me that they don't have nothing to do if they run out of business :-)... ok. But this business someday represented your brand and as a customers we still using Jacuzzi.

The customer service lady it seems like that she couldn't help much because what I asked her, I mean having someone to look at it about a noise that just pop up, I need to pay for an extra service to a stranger guy to come and take a look, and with the local business here in town I didn't need to do that, they did run their business for many years, and supposedly economy is good right? (2018) But really don't know exactly what happen.

Also Jacuzzi customer service compared a Toyota with Audi, pretty much she told me over the phone that these 2 Brands are the same and I told her, no isn't. No argues after this point from her, she took my info and told that the supervisor will contact me to see on how they can help me with support as a customer. In other words, isn't worth it all the investment without the support I'm getting now, Hot tub is a hot tub, find a nice one, checking customers reviews and pay cheaper for a great one and maybe have less headache than myself. Very frustrate situation.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

In July of 2015, I had a walk-in tub installed. When I recently had some problems with it I called the company for service only to discover that customer service is non-existent... They offered to send me some parts but as one might guess that would be useless since I (and most people with a walk-in tub) am disabled. I didn't expect them to do it on a warranty, I was willing to pay. Just wanted it fixed. A company that doesn't service its own products is useless and that's about all there is to say about Jacuzzi. I paid $11,000 for this tub. There has to be a better company out there. Find one!

Not sure about Jacuzzi Hot Tubs?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right hot tub for you.

Jacuzzi expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company’s headquarters is located in Chino, California. The company is considered the gold standard in hot tubs, and they're sold in more than 1,000 locations in 60 countries throughout the world.

• Hot tub namesake: When the brand name becomes the product, it generally signals top quality. Many people now refer to hot tubs simply as jacuzzis.

• Online chat: The Jacuzzi website offers an online attendant to answer questions in real-time.

• Ten year warranty: Jacuzzi offers a comprehensive warranty including 10 years on the tub shell and five years on many other components.

• Hot tub guide: Jacuzzi offers a comprehensive hot tub guide as a free download from the website. The company has an emphasis on customer education and believes the more customers know, the more often they will choose Jacuzzi.

• PowerPro jet system: The Jacuzzi jet system is patented and features a high-volume, low-pressure jet design. Jacuzzi has a strong focus on hydrotherapy.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Company Information