It's that easy Request Information
4.62/5
Based on 392 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? From our Signature series tubs, Vector21 to our eSeries and Celebrity hot tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of hot tubs in order to help you find the one that is right for you. No matter the model, Marquis hot tubs can assure you will have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Contact us today to obtain more information!

392 Marquis Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

Marquis has quality products and the local dealer that I dealt with was extremely helpful. They made themselves available to me for any questions that I had, even after the hot tub was installed. I also like the construction and plumbing that they did. I have the hot tub for about a year now and I love it. It's relaxing and awesome. I'm definitely satisfied and would recommend Marqui to a friend.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I was very happy with my first Marquis but then I moved and I couldn't take it with me. The Reward was the first model I had and I didn't have room for that. So, I went down to The Spirit because I had confidence in the brand. I have been using Marquis Spas for about 15 years and I've always had a very good relationship with the people at the dealership. I needed to put the tub in a tricky area and the installation was fine and it all worked very well. I'm very pleased with the tub. I have neck problems so I use it more for therapy than anything else. I knew that I was down to one pump with this model rather than two, so I upgraded the pump to be the more powerful pump. But it's still nowhere near as powerful as it used to be. My biggest regret was that I didn't look more closely at the positioning of the neck jets and they're nowhere near as good as they used to be. Still, it’s a very good product.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Marquis Spas seemed nicer than some of the other hot tub carriers. We looked at others up in town, some multiple brands, added each price point, and Marquis Spas seemed better than comparable spas at the same price point. Their team was good and very knowledgeable about everything. I didn't have a ton of questions but anything that I asked, they were all over it. The installation was very smooth as well. They removed our old tub, put in the new one in the same spot, and it was done very quickly. We've owned our tub for about a year now and it's great. I use it all the time and it's very relaxing. I'd certainly recommend it.

Original review: June 15, 2018

A local carrier had Marquis which was nice. I was able to do some research and they are solidly built and have nice features. The company that installed our hot tub, Atlas, did a good job. They came back when I filled it with a hose instead of routing it through the line which created an airlock, and they let the air out of the system somehow. I've had my tub for 10 months now and it's been great. I go out every night and it's very relaxing and I sleep well. It's a good product, very high quality, and I would recommend it.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I went around, looked at hot tub brands and I talked to salesmen. After reading the sales brochures and talking to the in-store salespeople, I decided that Marquis was the right one. Upon installation, I needed to prepare a level surface and the installer took care of the rest of the installation, except for electrical which I hired someone to do. Still, the installers covered it all well. They told me how to run a hot tub and all the things I would need to do and how the hot tub worked. I’ve been using Marquis since October and I use it every day. I enjoy having a hot tub.

I am a little disappointed though with some of the design things that are part of the hot tub. There were some plastic parts that started breaking. The store has been very good about replacing the parts and they had people come out and took care of things. I appreciate all of that. But I thought why do the things in the tub break so fast. It's a Marquis design thing that I'm more worried about than anything else. Also, I got the wireless feature and it has a software on there. I haven't figured out how to make that useful but I think it's a waste of money to get. I talked to a design engineer at Marquis and I am a design engineer myself, so I looked at the badly designed things carefully. I knew that the tub could have been done better. And when I talked to the guy, it was something that they were aware of already but it was too bad that they shipped parts that were going to break.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: June 13, 2018

I liked the quality of Marquis Spas and the fact that their products are American made. I purchased a spa from them at their dealership and I had great interactions with their staff. I liked their knowledge and that there was no pressure. They let us make the decision on what we wanted. Installing our Marquis Spa was a good experience. Since getting it, using the tub has been very enjoyable and relaxing. It's very soothing and helpful for all the sore joints. The quality of the spa and all the options are amazing and Marquis' service has been great. Every step of the way, it has been a really positive experience.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Marquis is a good, solid company and their hot tubs are made in the US. And when the sales went over and sat down with me, they sold me on it. The installation experience was very good. The guys knew what they were doing and had gotten the tub in quickly. I've had it for about a year and it seems like a very good product. It has been good for getting the aches and pains out. But sometimes, I wish the jets were a little stronger.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2018

We purchased the top of the line Marquis Show Ultimate from Sparkle Pools in Easton, Maryland. It has always been a struggle to get service folks out in a timely manner and repairs completed. Our latest problem has been an issue for months! The knobs and Marquis logo are rusting. Yes, rusting in a hot tub. The logo was secured with screws that have rusted not only the actual logo, but the shelf/cover that it is mounted to. In my frustration, I emailed Marquis directly over 6 weeks ago. I haven't heard one single thing from them. Needless to say, if I had to do it over again, I would go with a different brand and a dealer with a reputation for aftermarket service.

Marquis Spas response
Hello Roberta,

Once again we are so sorry that we overlooked your email. We went back and did find it and we are interviewing the technicians that should have responded. We have always taken great pride in answering each and every request for help as quickly as possible and we feel horrible that one has slipped through the cracks. As we replied to your facebook post we are here and ready to help. Please contact us at 1-800-275-0888 ext. 260.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had Marquis for about 17 years now and their service has kept me with them. I had problems with my first one and ended up replacing it. It cracked again. So, though I had problems, they dealt with the problem properly. I just showed them what the problem was and then they said, “Yup. We’ll send you a new product.” And so they have replaced the whole hot tub. I bought a new spa just this year and I researched it quite a bit and decided to stay with Marquis. We enjoy it and it evidently helps at night. I would recommend Marquis Spas.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I've had my Marquis hot tub since January. It's pretty and has a lot of jet action. But the seating is limited. Also, the surface is super-slippery, which when you’re our age, it’s a little bit of a problem. We had a hot spring before and I liked the surface and seating better. It wasn’t as good looking but it was sure a lot easier to get in and out of. But we had a bad problem with the dealer, so we ended up with Marquis.

The installation of our Marquis hot tub was very easy. They came and delivered it. Filled it up and they did a very good job. However, we went away on vacation. I inadvertently shut the power off so I froze it up. They were here three times to help unthaw it. Other than charging me like an arm and a leg, that was fine. I’m also very impressed with the filtration system - very few chemicals. And the water’s always nice and clear with only one filter. And our other one had three, so that was a big deal. And this one's doing a better job than the three. I’m very happy with that part of the hot tub process.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We've had our Marquis Spas hot tub for about six months now and we love the quality of it. I have a cleaning business, and having the tub helps me, so I'm able to clean. We use it about three times a week and we're very happy with it. I'd recommend it.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I work for a spa company and we sold and installed a lot of Marquis Spas, which I consider the Cadillac of the spas. So, that’s what we looked at. Compared to others, they do a great job which I know from having dealt with them before, not as a service person but as an installer. We did some service and they’ve always done a really great job taking care of their service people and also the customers so that’s another reason to go with them. The one that we found had everything we really wanted compared to all the other spas that were available to us at the moment. Installation was easy and they took great care of us. We have the hot tub for about eight months now and we like it a lot. My wife uses it a lot for massage therapy and I do sometimes as well, which is great because it’s in the house. The kids love it too. They were able to go swimming in the wintertime because they can get into the hot tub afterwards.

Original review: June 5, 2018

The design of my Marquis tub looks different and it’s definitely for what I needed. Also, I liked their automatic chemical feeder, which I didn’t see offered by other suppliers around here. The installation went well, But there was mud from going through my yard, which I would’ve wiped down. Also, something happened and they didn’t have my cover on the day of delivery, so my tub was exposed for 24 hours. But they came back and installed the cover. But it says in my handbook that it's supposed to never see direct sunlight 'cause it can mess up the acrylic. So, I didn't have it filled 'cause I didn't have the wires ran all the way and I didn't have any cover on it for that day.

I've had the Marquis tub for about seven months and it has the single pump. But sometimes, it seems like I’m not getting enough pressure with my jet, and it can only go to 104. So I would like a little more pressure and maybe a little hotter wouldn't be bad. Other than that, it’s a nice design and I recommend the spa. When my backs hurt, I get in the tub and it loosens my back right up.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I’ve had a Marquis Spas tub for the last 20 years and I liked it quite a bit throughout the years. I’ve gotten my money’s worth with it. I could have fixed it but it just got to the point where the motors and the heaters were 27 years old, so I traded it in and got about $500-$1,000 for a new one. The new one has got the stereo system built into it and everything’s so fancy. This is a 2016 Marquis Ultimate Hot Tub Experience Signature Series. It’s a little smaller and it has got a lot more jets and waterfalls. The people I bought it from at Aqua Pros in Lynchburg, Virginia installed it. It was easy to install this last time because I already had the circuit breaker and the electric circuit run out there. The wiring was already in place, so installation was pretty much a quick in and out.

I’m getting old and the therapeutic aspect of the tub is fine but it is more just for relaxation and enjoyment. If I had a bad back or something was aching, I’d get in there and it helped drain away the pain. Get a Marquis. They have this thing in Roanoke at the Civic Center where they have all these different hot tub companies go. They have year-end models to get rid of them cheap. My neighbor bought one of those but it wasn’t a Marquis and he had no service. He had to haul the tub from their home and try to pay someone to work it out. Go to a local dealership, not a trade show. The way to go is to deal with one place and them having a good relationship with you so they wouldn't be selling these things for 30 years, instead of trying to save you $500 and you end up with nobody to represent you.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We bought our Marquis tub because of the configuration. I have children and grandchildren in the area and the unit is big enough for several people to sit in it comfortably. Also, my wife likes the look of it and the way it was designed. A lot of spas don't have a lounge area and the seating arrangements didn't appeal to us until we saw Marquis' unit. The heat has gone out of the unit and I got that fixed. Then the thermostat stopped working and it was fixed last week. However I got a charged for the filtration timer. I know the heater was covered but I have no idea why the other piece was not.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Everything went smooth with the installation of our Marquis tub. We had a 42 x 18-foot slab of cement put down. The installers were very courteous and rolled the hot tub with PVC piping to make sure that they didn't damage any of the newly laid cement. They were good and efficient. After the installation, we entertained and had people come over. Even with my kids, they now have familiarity with water. The tub has been good all around. I would recommend Marquis to others. I would tell others that the Marquis team was very easy to work with and the product has been remarkable. We like the presentation of it.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Marquis was one of the models that offered a 115-volt option, so I got it because I didn’t want to have an electrician install a separate 220 line. Technically, it's a five-person spa but it’s done in a weird way. The zoning is diagonal where three seats are on one zone and two seats are on the other zone. And, they've got this master dial where the tub can split between two zones or go all on one zone. To me, the way the zoning is done is not ideal, but it's pretty good.

The vendor set it all up and filled it up and checked it out. Then I had to call them back because water wasn’t coming out since the hose inside was cramped under its own weight, but they fixed that. The Marquis Spa has some features that my previous one didn’t have. It is bigger by about 100 gallons, has lights and has more different jets. But the force of the water coming out of the jets on my previous one was better, even though it was smaller and had less number of jets. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with Marquis Spas.

Original review: June 3, 2018

When it was time to replace my Dimension One, I went with a Marquis because it was it was higher up the therapeutic jet scale. I have bad back and hips and was looking for something for more personal use with more therapeutic jets. I bought it from the Denver franchise and their team was professional and competent. But the installation was difficult. I had it installed in my house in Breckenridge. The electrical connections had to be modified but I wasn't given enough information on what was gonna be required in terms of adjustments from my existing installation to a new installation. I was told it would be very simple and would be an easy hook-up.

Fortunately, my wife was home when they came to install it. The two people who came wouldn't make the adjustments that were required. But fortunately, we're on good terms with our local electrician and my wife was able to get a private electrician on site within an hour who made the modifications and adjustments and made it work. But the two installers from Marquis were rude and intemperate to the electrician. But I've always enjoyed a good hot tub and Marquis' is a terrific high-end therapeutic one, but make sure you have the right sources available for installation.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We’ve looked around and we liked the value of Marquis Spas and the overall amenities of it. The company we purchased the tub from, they came out and sent the spa guys out and they installed and did everything for us. We use the tub once every couple of weeks and it has been enjoyable and it relieves some of the issues we have. We’re both old and got some back and knee issues, so it’s extremely relaxing. It has improved our general welfare. For maintenance, we do the basic chemical treatments weekly, and then the two-week treatment. We change the water every couple of months. We got the self-pump, so it’s not a very tedious process. We’re very satisfied with the tub and the service that we’ve received since purchasing it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We really like the Marquis hot tub compared to our previous one. Everything went really well during the installation and now we use it all the time.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We had a hot tub back in the early 90’s, but when we moved to Missouri we wound up selling it because we couldn’t use it where we're living. Then, we wound up with more and more back problems so we have decided to look around various places over the last several years. Finally, we went to this spa place and we came across the Marquis Spa. It had everything in it that we wanted. It has no lounge chair, but it has nice seats that covered all the back pressure points. The Marquis representative was very good and thorough in explaining everything to me too. It turned out we got a particular style and color that they aren't making anymore. It resembles my mother's ashes in the Pacific Ocean which is kind of iridescent green in the Pacific Ocean when you throw human ashes in there.

When the spa was installed, I had to have an electrician come out and hook up the connection first. Then, the spa guys came out and installed it. We had to take it slow because I'm on a well and we were restarting to pump in a body of water, so we had to take a break. The next day, I finished filling it and putting the chemicals in accordingly. So far, the spa has been awesome. I got degenerative cartilage and other back issues and it helps with fibromyalgia and arthritis. It also helps me sleep better at night. I like the Marquis spa a lot. In fact, I have a friend who has been looking for one and I mentioned it to her.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We bought a Marquis hot tub at a local pool dealer. The spa works good and I like it. However, there has been multiple times where I wanted to use it and some of the blowers and stuff didn’t work. When I bought it, the service rep was very helpful and told me that the spa is great and it's very easy. Then I found out later that they weren’t helpful. I've explained to their people a couple of times and somebody just came out from quarter mile down the road from the shop I bought it from and just went over stuff with me one more time.

One time, the filters stopped during the winter time and it started dropping temperature and I don’t know why. Nobody explained to me that if you’re not using it, you still have to change the filters every couple of weeks or months. My previous tub was old so I didn't care about it, but I do with my Marquis tub because it's like a car. I also bought a liner and a heater for the pool and a bunch of stuff and they have been no good, so I’m getting rid of them. I simply got to figure out how to use the tub a hundred percent and I would like to get more information about how they work.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We really like our Marquis hot tub and it's a very good product. The service was a lot better compared to the one we had before. The men that installed it were very good too.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We got a Marquis Spa last fall because our 16 year old one had died. Initially, we’re just gonna go with the same brand. But we did a lot of shopping around and everything fell in place with the Marquis. We really love all the features that were included. Everything that we needed as far as capacity, the features, the lighting and everything, there was now a standard. When we bought our first one, we had to pay extra for all those things. We enjoy everything about the hot tub. It has nice size for us and the price was right. The sales people were very helpful too. I was told that installation was the most difficult one, and I believed it. They had to take our hot tub, get a crane and lift it up. They had to not just go over our roof but we have a huge tree that they had to navigate under and not hit the roof. But they did a spectacular job. In fact, I have it on video. It was amazing watching them take the old one out and lift the new one in with such precision.

So far, it’s much easier to be changing out the cartridges. However, we weren’t used to it. My husband was the main guy who always kept the hot tub clean. He could take it from being cloudy to totally clear in an hour. But he was struggling with this one because it’s just a whole new animal. He has drained it a couple of times more than he would have with the old one. They didn’t send anybody out but said, “Bring a sample of your water in and we’ll test it and see what needs to be done.” So, I went in and brought a sample of the water into the showroom. The rep helped me out and he told me what I need to do to get it clean. So far, I love our tub and we’re definitely very happy with it. My husband uses it more than anybody in the family because he has a bad back and it has been a positive experience. If there's anybody in the market for a hot tub, we would recommend Marquis Spas.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The heater on our old hot tub went out, so we knew it was time to shop for a new one and Marquis happened to have a sale going on that week. We got the tub back in October. But spending that kind of money, I would have thought somebody would have stuck around long enough for me to fill it, and then go over some of the features. But as soon as the installers set it on the ground, all the Marquis people were gone before the electrician finished hooking the wires up to it. And they just told me to fill the tub up and put the chemicals in and told me to call them if there was any problem. That's the instructions I got from Marquis. Also, we haven't got a thank you from them yet for spending the money on it.

The tub had bacteria in it. Within the first two weeks of us having it, we’d sit in it and turn it on and water would turn milky. Marquis kept giving me different sanitizing chemicals. And I had changed the water six times the first two months we had it. I would change it out and put in fresh water and get all the chemicals up and everything up, and within a couple days it would just start foaming up like crazy again and would get a scum line on it, so I'd drain it again. They also did some stuff that was supposed to kill everything in it. I put it in and boiled it in there for about half an hour before I drained and cleaned it out. And we haven't had an issue since. They didn’t charge me for any of the chemicals but they gave me an awful lot of stuff to try to cure my problem.

Also, Marquis will not give me any drawings on how it's plumbed or give a pump or part numbers to replace anything like that. I've had some diverter valve break and I asked them if they could give me some parts, but they said no. I'm qualified to do all that work myself, but I can’t get any cooperation from them whatsoever. They will send the part to their representative here in town, and then I have to go in there and get them. Other than that, the tub is working and it’s great. It's a six-person tub and I’m glad that it has deeper seats and shower seats. Sometimes, I like to get a deep seat and have the water up to my neck and at other times, I like to sit up and sit out of the water when it gets hot.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Marquis Spas hot tubs are made in Oregon and I bought mine from a salesperson at the Clackamas County Fair. The installation was very difficult and I was quite amazed that they were able to do it. They had to put it down in the middle of the deck and it was quite awkward and it was a precarious job. They pulled it off and did it without any dings, dents, scratches, or damage. We also bought the service where they come once every couple of weeks or so and clean it. That’s a very good service and the guy named Glen is awesome. Marquis Spas is great and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've had a hot tub for about 30 some years and this Marquis one is the second one that Joe from Fox Pools has sold us. The company did a nice job installing it too. We've had it for six months now and we use it fairly often. It was not the cheapest but it's excellent. It's well-built and it has good controls. We just check the chemistry every day or two and empty the tub every six months or so. I'm real happy with it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We've enjoyed the Marquis tub and it's been a fun add in our 50's. We have the Euphoria model which is an eight-person hot tub and you have to fill it quite high. The instruction says to fill it to two-thirds the way up the little thin line on the water intake. And then if the water is lower, it interferes with the jets. So, even though there's plenty of water going over the spillway into the filters, the jets run intermittently. But the problem with filling it quite high is when you put more than two people in the tub, much less if you get four people in the tub, you got this little thing that sits on top of the filters. It's a kind of a cover thing that sits over. It puts water almost out of the tub. It lifts the whole spillway up.

Then in association with that, I have been running the tub with a little less water and unbeknownst to me, it looked like it would be fine, but obviously had it kinda right at the limit at least for this particular tub. One of the jets was running intermittently, and I couldn't figure it out. It looked like the water is plenty high enough for water to go over the spillway and into the silk units. So, I called a service order in on it because I had to know if there's something wrong with the jets. And instead of telling me, "You know what? Your water is probably too low," they sent a tech out to tell me that the water was too low and it's 190 bucks. Other than that though, it's a very nice tub. It just seems you have to overfill the tub to keep the jets running correctly. In which case, if you overfill it, you can't get more than four people in there without water raising to a point where it lifts the cover off the filters and you got this cover floating around.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I used to have a Sundance tub and I really liked it. I had it for 17 years and it finally died out. Then I got the therapy tub from Marquis and I have it since last October of 2017. The installation went flawlessly but there was a problem with one of the main components. The dealer replaced it within a couple of hour and it seemed like they got that fixed. It's been fine ever since. In fact, it's excellent and I love it! I use it almost every day. It's crystal clear all the time and I am happy with it.

Having been a hot tub owner for 17 years, I kinda understand how to keep hot tubs clean and the chemicals balanced. And I really appreciate the design of the Marquis. The way they have these cartridges that will keep everything in balance for anywhere between two or three months, depending on how much you use it, makes taking care of the tub so much easier. I'm not constantly monitoring and tweaking it. So, from that standpoint, Marquis has a heads up on the competition in terms of design. They also provide a great service and their high-quality product delivers multiple benefits both in terms of maintenance and therapy.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I looked at the other brands in the store and saw a Marquis spa that has everything that I wanted. The rep was very helpful and knowledgeable. My husband also said that the installers who came out were knowledgeable and has told him a few things. We've had the hot tub for a few months now and we've used it for different reasons including for relaxation. It's been therapeutic with all the massage too. So far, it’s been everything that they said it would be. It all works perfectly well and is wonderful. My friends also said they're really impressed with the one I have as compared to others that they told me they have and others that have been advertised on TV.

Marquis Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Marquis makes hot tubs and, through its subsidiary Aquatic Training Vessels, swim spas. The company has been in business since 1980 and is headquartered in Independence, Oregon. All its hot tub are manufactured in the United States and are sold at dealerships throughout the country.

• Options: Marquis has dozens of hot tub models ranging from smaller two-person hot tubs to large hot tubs for up to eight people. Models come in square, rectangle, triangle and round shapes. These options let you choose the size and shape that best meets your needs.

• Filtration system: Marquis has two proprietary systems to keep the water in your spa clean: the ConstantClean water management system and SmartClean filtration system. These systems use ozone, natural minerals and bromine cartridges to sanitize water and eliminate odors.

• Ambiance options: You can choose a Marquis hot tub model with a variety of ambiance options to make your spa time more enjoyable. Options include LED lighting, WiFi audio systems, waterfalls and more.

• External accessories: Marquis manufactures and sells stairs and decks to put around your hot tub; they call these Marquis Environments. Environments make it easier to get in and out, offer storage and add to the appearance of your hot tub.

• Local dealers: You can buy Marquis hot tubs from dealers around the country. Visiting a local dealer means you’ll likely be able to see hot tubs in person before making your decision. Go to the Marquis website to find your local dealer.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs