It's that easy Request Information
4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? Every Marquis hot tub is world class, delivering a relaxing and enjoyable hydrotherapy experience. From our Signature and Vector21 series to our Celebrity Hot Tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of models to match your therapy needs and budget. Contact us today to obtain more information!

662 Marquis Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We liked the previous tub we had a lot. The design of it was a little bit better and easier to get in and out of. But we shopped, and we found Marquis and we’re happy. There wasn’t any hard sell. The salesperson took her time. We climbed in and out of the units and we made even two visits before we made our selection. When we purchased it, it was delivered when it was supposed to, and the old one was carried off. So, I can’t ask for more than that. We’re satisfied customers.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We purchased the Marquis spa 2 years ago. If you had asked my experience in the first 5 months of ownership I would have given glowing reviews. In fact I bragged about our purchase to our family and many friends. Then came Winter. We live in Canada. The first Winter the Microsilk pump froze and had to be replaced in the Spring. We were told by our dealer that they were in contact with Marquis about the situation and that this would be resolved. Then came the Winter of year 2. Once again the Microsilk pump froze.

The resolution from Marquis was to install an anti-freeze klixon switch on the plumbing leading to the pump. This switch was plugged into an already existing circuit on the printed circuit board. The very existence of the clearly labeled circuit is an acknowledgment that Marquis knew that the freezing would be an issue. My anger, and frustration is that the response from Marquis is, “TOO BAD, SO SAD” and stuck us with the bill for labor and material. Not to worry. I know the value of social media. I’ll be letting the world know.

Marquis Spas response
Daniel,

All of our units are designed to work in cold climates but there is a limit on how cold it can get before the system can't keep up. All MFG's have the freeze protection port. The reason it is there is so customers and dealers can decide if the sensor is needed if they believe there is a chance that the unit will be in extremely cold conditions and it is widely available. 99% of our units do not require the additional sensor. We apologize this was not explained to you when you purchased your hot tub.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I decided to get Marquis Spas based on the product knowledge of the sales rep versus the one I was looking at. One guy wasn’t as knowledgeable, but when I went back a second time and ran into someone else, he just knew his stuff. He’s been around the industry for 18 years so he answered every question very good. It was a tough one to get around the corner, but the delivery team did a great job. The spas has been very good and relaxing. I use it four times a week. It has great quality. I’m looking at comparable hot tubs and I can tell Marquis is built very well. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

The Marquis hot tub is nice. While we bought it because of the size, I wish we bought a bigger and deeper one. To get out of it is kind of troublesome at times for us old people with arthritis. Joints don't bend like they used to. So, we haven't used it a lot because of illness in the family. Other than that, I called the people we bought it from when the switch to turn the jets on and off went bad and they set up a time, came out, and replaced it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Marquis is our first tub and we have it for over a year now. Its different jets and lighting appealed to us and it is the nicest tub that we found. When we are making the purchase, their reps were helpful. They let my husband get in it and test it out. We use it eight times a month, and it's relaxing. When the outsides of the tub were blowing out, Marquis' team replaced those for us. Getting that accomplished was really easy. They were the ones that contacted us 'cause I think it was something like a recall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I bought a Marquis tub. The people were alright and I do have Ryan as the person who installed the tub. I really like him. He knew what he was talking about, and he knew how to take care of it. He gave me lots of directions, so I appreciated him. When it comes to the tub, one thing that would have been nice would be to have wet tested it. When I went to where I bought it, they didn't have it available for wet testing. But I like two of the seats in the tub. I use it daily. However, the one seat has jets in the middle of my back and that hits my bones. And so, I always have to move myself to the side to get the muscle part. I have fibromyalgia, and I have a lot of neck pain from an accident, and so the Marquis tub definitely helps massage my muscles and also helps me sleep better. Even though I have hot flashes all night, I am comforted.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We like the way the Marquis hot tub looks, as well as the way the people at the pool company said it was gonna function with the jets. It is our first hot tub. We've had it for less than a year but we already had to replace several of the knobs because they’re very tight and they've broken easily. But other than that, we really like it.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We’ve used several Marquis Spas over the years and my wife liked the design of the recent one. It had a seat that allows your heart to be out of the water, part of the time, and still be in the hot tub. The installation went smooth. We had an old hot tub that we just replaced so we didn’t do any wiring. However, we had an issue right off the bat with the display lighting and they had to come out and swap out the electronics that control the display. That was a warranty item and they took care of it.

But it’s like pulling teeth to get them to come out. We told them what was wrong and they said they know how to fix it, but they can’t get out until two weeks from that Thursday. Also, even though my wife likes it, I think it’s a pretty low-quality hot tub. There’s not a bit of insulation in it. Most hot tubs have spray-on insulation and there was absolutely none, just the bare walls of the hot tub. That’s a sign of cheap manufacturing. They didn’t wanna go the extra mile to spray some foam on it. This is our fourth hot tub and all of the previous three had three inches of sprayed-on foam insulation. Other than that, we like to be in our tub, especially when the snow is flying.

Marquis Spas response

All of our mid to upper end hot tubs have foam. Only the very low end line of our products do not have foam however, you can order even them with foam fill. Standard insulation in those units is a wrap around barrier that is the norm in most other manufactures upper end hot tubs. We apologize for the issue with the control. We strive to build products that work perfectly right out of the wrapping and last for 30 years. We are glad to hear that the problem was resolved and that you are enjoying your hot tub now.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I had an uncle in Lubbock, Texas, that went with a Marquis Spas and a Marquis Swim. I don’t remember what they call it. It’s not a tub, ‘cause it’s giant. And they really liked it. So, that’s what I ended up going with. I bought out from a dealer in Austin and had it delivered to Houston. There were a couple of little hiccups, like trouble getting in the gate, but it all worked out. The installers were great. They were very polite, professional, fairly knowledgeable, and were willing to explain. Since we've gotten the tub, we’ve really enjoyed it. It’s a therapeutic tub, so it’s been nice. I’ve got some back and neck issues, so it’s been super for that. My kids even enjoy it as well. I put a TV out there next to the hot tub, and they sit out there and watch TV. I would highly recommend Marquis Spas.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Marquis is good to work with and I had a good experience with them. There was a factory rep at the show where I bought the tub and I got a little better deal through him. Plus, their tub's square modern look matched our house the best. They were also really good at setting up the tub and going over everything with me. I use the tub at least five nights a week and I haven't had any back or neck issues since I got it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Our Marquis was a plug-and-play. We didn’t have to do any electrical and we were sure that the power was plenty. It also was really comfortable because we just wanted a small thing that will fit two to three people. We also asked if they had those ones that rotate and creates sort of a thumping on your back since my husband sometimes has a lower back problem. We put together an encasement and decking area where the techs put the tub in and it created a flat surface for them. They filled the tub for us. We came home and it was full, and we turned it on. It was pretty easy.

However, I’m not a manual reader so I ended up having to read it to drain the tub. We've drained it twice since we got it and I just don’t know the frequency which we should be replacing the filter. I still keep spraying it out with a really pointed sprayer and then we have a recipe for the chemicals. The only thing I wish I would have done is to have that somehow. I know there’s the ability to do that automatically if we have purchased one that it would do it itself.We didn’t do that because I always worry that I’m overchlorinating, underchlorinating, it’s the time for this, it’s the time for that.

I do have the test strips and that helps. But that’s the only thing that kind of is a hassle and it’s not that big a one. I’m just worried that I'm doing it right and making sure that the tub is gonna last a long time. Other than that, we use the tub two to three times a week. My husband and I both golf and we do in the winter. I would go out in 39 degrees and it would end up being 54. But not only the muscle from turning your back and but being cold, coming home after golf and going in, is just exactly why we purchased the tub and it's is doing great for that.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Everything went well during during the installation of my Marquis Spa. Their reps were very friendly and helpful. Since getting the tub, we've been using it quite a bit and it has been nice. I recommend Marquis.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I really like our Marquis hot tub. I like the features and the comfort. It's really nice and it's smaller than what we had before. It's easier to use so far. The guys who installed it were in and out fairly quickly. They walked me through the stuff, and it was smooth.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We had a Marquis hot tub at our previous house. We liked it and decided to stick with it when we moved. The installation went well and the company that installed the tub did a nice job. So far, it's been nice relaxing in it. We sit in it four times a week. I’d definitely recommend Marquis.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

From what I researched, Marquis had the best product with the best follow-up service. The installation was problematic, but it was more my problem than their problem and they helped me solve it. I'm more than happy with my Marquis. It's a great unit. It's energy efficient, and my wife sits in it every night.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

This Marquis is our first purchase of a hot tub. We felt that it was the best value for the money that we had budgeted for the purchase. The installation was easy and they were able to accommodate our request to have it positioned to a certain way in terms of being able to put the electricals through the housing. They were very easy to work with, helpful and accommodating. Now, we use the tub nearly every night. We absolutely love it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I have been quite happy with Marquis Spas. I previously had a hot tub that came with the rental property and when it failed, we had to get a new one as we had some renters coming in that will be very disappointed if there wasn't a hot tub. My hot tub installer recommended Marquis and I think they managed to convince the hot tub installers that it was the brand to go with so, I just went along with it. My property is in Lake Tahoe and the installation was managed by my hot tub installer. It happened faster than expected. It went so well that we did not disappoint the renters. Marquis tub has been very reliable and the renters of the house love the spa as well. It has been great to have a nice working tub and it also has some interesting little bells and whistles that I did not expect. The multi-colored LEDs are kind of fun as well as the multiple jets. Everybody loves just soaking there after a day of either hiking or skiing.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I like the spa from Marquis a lot. It's nice. I was a little bit disappointed with the delivery though. It came with a few features broken or not working, but it got addressed and fixed and since then, it's been enjoyable.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We have had all kinds of hot tubs, and we like Marquis a lot. We did not like any other body's hot tubs around. There used to be hot tubs stores on every corner, but now there's not. I didn't like to go out and buy something that I can't see and touch. Marquis is comfortable and its a nice hot tub. Their team at the Marquis provider was excellent too. Every time we had a question, they'd find the answer and get back to us as soon as they could. It wasn't very long.

The installation, however, was a little bit of a struggle. I explained to them where it was gonna go, then they said that wasn't a standard delivery because they had to push it up five steps onto the deck. But, they were able to get it done. The owner of the place was good, and our hot tub came about two or three weeks early. Also, the only thing that I don't like about the tub is that the access panel to the pump vibrates. So, I've had to take a couple of pieces of cardboard and stick it in there, but sometimes it still vibrates. Other than those, the tub is good and we were just in it last night again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We liked the double rounders in the Marquis spa, as well as the depth and the height of the spa. It just fit where we wanted it to go. We've had it for eight months now and it's a good spa.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The Marquis hot tub was built locally. When the team brought it in, it was easy to have it set up. They were helpful. The hot tub is working fine so far. We enjoy it as well as our grandkids. We had the whole family here for Christmas, and lots of people were in and out of the tub.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I like Marquis' spas. They have the one that actually fits best in the space that I have available. I like the fact that they're local too. I've had a Marquis spa since 2000 and this is my second one. I picked up the first one when I purchased it but for this second one, they came, removed the original one and brought us the new one. There was a problem with the new one but they came right out and fixed everything. I use the spa daily and I absolutely love it. I'm pretty active work-wise. I even do sports and the spa is just very comforting. It helps with sore muscles and then also in my mind, it relaxes me. I would tell others who are considering it to definitely buy one. They're probably a little more than other spas but I think you get what you pay for. They're better built spas.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

When we bought our house, we had a hot tub that came with it. It's a very old hot tub, which we eventually decided to replace. But we didn't have any brand in mind. We wanted a certain design and it happened that Marquis was the brand that matched that way. The hot tub that appealed to us has several seats, and then the seat that you recline in did not go all the way across the spa, so you're able to have someone lay down on one side and another person sit on the same side versus losing a whole side for one person.

The company I bought it from gave me all the dimensions on what I needed to do. They then recommended a certain electrician. So installing it went very smoothly. They have then called me a couple different times just to check on us and see how we're doing. There was a problem with the walls and they contacted me before I even saw a wall warping. They're on top of everything. So far, we use the hot tub once or twice a week. We use it for relaxing the body and to relieve a lot of fatigue. Using it makes us sleep better and we're less tensed too.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We tested every brand out there and I went with Marquis. The particular model that we were looking for ended up fitting the best. It also had all the other options on it. I installed the tub myself and being familiar with electrical work, it wasn't very difficult for me at all. We haven't had any issues with the tub but once, people from Marquis came out to our house to look at something. It ended up just being a filter issue though. I would recommend Marquis.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I've had good experience with my Marquis tub. Marquis was one of the few brands at the store I went to. I was looking for a smaller unit, 120 volts, and that one just fit the bill. I've had the tub for 15 months now and it's great. However, it's a little awkward getting into the drain hose if I'm gonna empty the hot tub and refill it. It'd be nice to have a little door that could just open and close. Also, the tiny rocks that settle on the bottom were hard to get out. But I'm sure there are accessories that could suck them up. The GFCI would also trip every time I'd start up the hot tub but I had that fixed under warranty effectively to replace the main board. Their reps have been responsive, timely and helpful. They solved the problem, too.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We were looking for a spa. We had a Sweetwater, and I did some research and we went in at Spa Brokers and the salesman sold us on the Marquis. Overall, the feel of Marquis' quality is better. We are having one small issue that I got to get with Spa Brokers about. But the pumps are quiet and we love the radio that’s on it. The guy that installed our Marquis was fantastic. I had to build a kind of a leveler platform, which we had to modify a little bit. I would highly recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Our hot tub got old and we liked the layout of that one. We got a new tub from Marquis which closely matched the layout of that one. Marquis is a good brand and the reps from Marquis were great and very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I've had a good experience with Marquis Spas and the people that I bought it from were excellent. They attempted to repair my other spa and they couldn't. Some of the fittings were in places where they could actually not get to. They tried three times to stop the leaks and I said, "Okay, enough with this. What I would like to do is I would like to buy a new spa from you guys." Thereafter, we made a date to go over to Marquis.

We went over there to Redding from where we live, which was 50 miles west of Redding California and found what we wanted. I talked to them, and they said they would knock off the $700 I owed them for the attempt at repairing our previous spa. I told them that they just made themselves a deal and asked when can we have it delivered, which they answered. The follow-through on it was very good after we got it in. Theresa from Marquis called me several times to find out if we were satisfied and pleased with it, and everything went very well.

Though we've used a different brand previously, the Marquis spa is better. This is the second Marquis I've had. When we were in Oregon, I bought one up there and we're very satisfied with it. We've used the Marquis Spas up there in Oregon for five years. Now, it's been a year down here in Northern California. With this recent installation, the first thing they did was removed the old spa that leaked around on all of the fittings. They showed up at the door with a truck and a dolly. They set it up and told me to go ahead and fill it full of water and hit the switch. They also told me what to expect and drove away. It was that simple and I was very satisfied with them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I work for a hot tub company and Marquis is our top brand. Knowing that it's the best in the market, I got one and installed it myself. It has good quality.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We saw the Marquis display at the Alameda County fair and liked it. We purchased the tub in August of 2017 and our buying experience was very good. One example of many things that went very well was when we had an unusual situation with the de-installation of our old tub and the installation of the new one. But the reps were extremely accommodating and we were able to work out a schedule. I also appreciate their knowledge and resourcefulness in doing the kind of custom installation we needed. It gave me a lot of confidence that it would go well and it did. Everything went very smoothly with that process.

I use the tub frequently for relaxation and for muscle therapy. But there were a few different features that I had to learn more and more for the first few months. Also, it would be helpful if it had a clock. That way, the filtering could be scheduled arbitrarily throughout the day rather than having to synchronize it with the power cycle of the tub. Still, the quality of the tub is very good and I'm pleased with it.

Marquis Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company makes hot tubs and, through its subsidiary Aquatic Training Vessels, swim spas. The company has been in business since 1980 and is headquartered in Independence, Oregon. All its hot tub are manufactured in the United States and are sold at dealerships throughout the country.

• Options: Marquis has dozens of hot tub models ranging from smaller two-person hot tubs to large hot tubs for up to eight people. Models come in square, rectangle, triangle and round shapes. These options let you choose the size and shape that best meets your needs.

• Filtration system: Marquis has two proprietary systems to keep the water in your spa clean: the ConstantClean water management system and SmartClean filtration system. These systems use ozone, natural minerals and bromine cartridges to sanitize water and eliminate odors.

• Ambiance options: You can choose a Marquis hot tub model with a variety of ambiance options to make your spa time more enjoyable. Options include LED lighting, WiFi audio systems, waterfalls and more.

• External accessories: Marquis manufactures and sells stairs and decks to put around your hot tub; they call these Marquis Environments. Environments make it easier to get in and out, offer storage and add to the appearance of your hot tub.

• Local dealers: You can buy Marquis hot tubs from dealers around the country. Visiting a local dealer means you’ll likely be able to see hot tubs in person before making your decision. Go to the Marquis website to find your local dealer.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Marquis Spas Company Information

1-800-275-0888
www.marquisspas.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.