It's that easy Request Information
4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? From our Signature series tubs, Vector21 to our eSeries and Celebrity hot tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of hot tubs in order to help you find the one that is right for you. No matter the model, Marquis hot tubs can assure you will have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Contact us today to obtain more information!

584 Marquis Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Marquis is the only company that sold hot tubs that had unusual sizes. The majority of them are like 7x7, and Marquis sells corner units, some that are more rectangular versus square. The Marquis is my first hot tub and the installation was fine. Two guys brought the tub over and put it right in the spot where I wanted it. There was a bit of a motor issue, however, and something was rattling inside. I called them up and they sent me a brand new motor to put in which took care of the issue. Also, when there was water inside the control panel area, I called them up and they said that I was under my warranty, so it wasn't a problem. First, they said they ordered a new control panel and when that came in, they called me to schedule an appointment. Then another guy came out and installed it, and everything was fine. I’m very satisfied with the quality of the Marquis spa.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I did some research and noticed that a local store carry Marquis Spas so I went in and talked to a salesperson. I also went to the spa show outside the town on a discount promotion and they had different types of spas there. I made a comparison and it seemed like the local brand and the dealership was highly reliable and good service. The salesman was excellent too, so we went with the Marquis tub and we were given a discount at that time.

The retailer also did an excellent job on the installation. They brought a crane out and plopped the tub in the backyard. They took care of all that and it was very good service. Then, I had a minor problem where the automatic dispenser locked up and the local people handled that as well. For an old man, it’s nice and good to get in after my workouts. I’ve had an indoor pool and spa before, and I really used the pool. But now, having the Marquis tub is the best alternative to scaling down. I also recommended it to my son in Fresno and he’s dealing with the Fresno office in order to buy another one.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We walked in a store and saw the Marquis hot tubs in person. I like the price point and the warranty was good. I was also impressed with the motor and the range of the jets. The retailer installed the tub and they were good. The Marquis tub is a lot better than our previous tub and we never regret buying it at all. We enjoy it and I recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I love Marquis Spas. My tub has been great. It’s a stress reliever.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

When we were looking for the best opportunity to give us the most number of jets and best experience, we liked Marquis' efficiency and overall total cost of ownership. We had a suggested guy install the tub and it was very easy. Howard runs the place where we bought the chemicals from and he was helpful. We love the spa. It’s a place for us to relax. We have told people about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We have friends that had a Marquis Spas. We also looked at all the different hot tub brands, but that was where we ended up with. We bought it from a guy in Anacortes who was wonderful. We had lots of issues, and he figured them all out for us. The tub is going on two years this winter and our experience with it has been great.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The only hot tub dealer in our town that I know about is a Marquis dealer. Based on the word and the reputation they have given us, I got a Marquis hot tub. The retailer came and dropped it off, but I was the one who ran the 50 Amp cord to the outlet, which was easy. It seems to perform as it’s supposed to. I've had it for about a year and a half now, and I use it all the time. Overall, the Marquis tub has a positive impact on my life.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

A friend of mine had a Marquis hot tub and he liked his. That was good enough for me so I bought one, too. I have the unit for almost a year and half now and so far, I haven’t had any problems. It does really well. Sometimes, I don’t get to use it as much as I’d like to, but other than that, I’m satisfied. The reps I talked to have been great and fantastic as well. Recently, the cartridge filter that goes down the hose broke. But they’ve replaced it and it was still in warranty. It was really easy to have it replaced because all I had to was pull it out. I’ve had good service out of my Marquis hot tub. My friend that has one has had his for 10 years and the only thing he ever had to do to it was to replace the top of the heater. So, if mine does as well, I’ll be happy.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I like the depth of the seating of the Marquis hot tub. I’m a bigger guy and it’s got that good ergonomic hair in it that I can get down into it. I have the hot tub for about a year and a half now and I like it. But there’s a spot where it’s noisy or has water agitation and if you like that spot, that’s not a good thing. Other than that, Marquis' reps answered all my questions and I had no issues with them. The installation was also perfect. Recently, I broke off a valve stem and I replaced it. It was very easy to do.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We bought a used Marquis to find out if we were hot tub people. We had a used one for about three years and got rid of that one. But I liked it, so I bought another one. However, when we bought our brand new Marquis hot tub and then filled it for the first time, it heated up to temperature and it left like an oil film all the way around the hot tub. And then, the filters were fully covered in oil so we had to drain it and clean the tub.

Placeway Pools was on the phone with Marquis and they were saying that no oils were used in the process of it. But I work with Aviation Fuel, I know exactly what oil looks like when it’s floating on top of the water. Nevertheless, I was given a new set of filters and a couple other things, and the tub was filled up. Another bad thing is their labeling. The water gets in between the actual sticker and then the plastic that covers the sticker started to delaminate. I always keep my hot tub at 104 degrees, and about every year, the stickers start to peel and then I have to replace them, which is annoying.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Marquis' dealer has been good and getting the hot tub installed was easy. However, I've had some problems with it. The dealer had to do a repair on it twice. It had a panel failure and they had to replace the control panel on it, and they also repaired the heater. The spa has the cartridges in it and the piece where you turn it, the handle snapped. It wasn't covered on the manufacturing warranty and I had to buy a replacement for it. I've had the Marquis spa for two years and I love it. However, with the two major component failures I've had, I'd hesitate to recommend it.

Marquis Spas response

We are glad that the warranty covered the couple of the issues you have had in the last two years of ownership. We strive to build the highest quality products and when there is a problem we do our best to take of you under the warranty. Thank you again and you can always contact us at 1-800-275-0888 if you need us for anything.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

When the Marquis team came out and installed the hot tub, they were very friendly, but they did not do any of the electrical hookups which I wasn’t aware of until they were on site, so I had to do that. Also, my old spa had two motors I could run everything in the tub on at the same time and with the Marquis tub, it's a little learning curve to get to either wanting the lower stuff or the back stuff. At first, I was unhappy with that but I have gotten used to it. I have fairly severe back problems, and the Marquis tub helped with some of that. There’s plenty of different positions in the spa that I can get in and get relief, but it would have been nice if the spa had a bigger filter system.

Another thing is that some of the stickers in the control, where I punch in to turn the motors on, seemed to be mildewed under there and we’re not happy with that. They're a good spa and the finishes on them were nice, but there are some finishing that seemed to have an air leak and a lot of noise is made where the selector is. It goes to the different zones, but all in all, Marquis seemed like a solid-built spa and other than the hissing at the diffuser, it’s quiet.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Marquis Spas has a good reputation, so I thought their hot tub would be a good one to get. I had a couple of other hot tub brands before, but they weren't very good. On the other hand, the Marquis tub has good quality and its therapeutic advantages were what I liked the most, so I went with it. I also liked all the different settings. The installation of the tub was excellent. The place that I bought it from did a really good job of taking care of me if I had any problems and I haven't had very many problems. I've owned my Marquis tub for two years and since its installation, it has made a big difference. For example, every morning and every night, I use it to get loosened up so I can function.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

When we moved permanently in 2004 we bought our first Marquis spa. There were a couple of things that went wrong, but they were all under warranty. We got it from Placeway Pools in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, and they are excellent. We wouldn't buy from anyone else. Not only the people in the store are very good, but the service department as well.

We live a good 25 miles from the store. They came out, brought it in and installed it for us. We've had no problem with that whatsoever. They're very, very good and very quick to respond. We use our spa year-round. My husband travels, but when he's here, he's in it once in the morning and once at night. The spa made a huge difference in the way we feel. We're almost 70 and doing any type of hard work. We cut out our own wood and have a wood-burning stove. So there's a lot of physical stuff. I do a lot of gardening, so my back and arms get sore. All we have to do is just get in the tub for 20 minutes and it's all better. We can sleep better at night and we can get moving quicker in the morning. Therapeutically the spa has been wonderful. I know a couple of our sons have gotten other brands, and they're okay, but they're not as good as the Marquis have been for us.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

The installation of our Marquis spa went very smoothly. The guys who put it in were great. However, it took me a couple of days to figure out that the lights weren’t working. Apparently, they didn’t hook it up, but my husband said it was a plug underneath. He found it and plugged it in. We also had one strange issue and we contacted where we bought the spa from. They came right out and it was no problem at all. The spa has been great and we love it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We purchased a different brand of spa from Patio Pools before. So, when we moved we went to Patio Pools to buy a spa for our new home. We seriously looked at a couple of other spa companies. But the rep of Marquis spas was at the home show and he pointed out all the features and the quality of their hot tub and it just seemed overall like a much better product. Also, we had worked with Patio Pools before and we knew the service was good through them. We liked the way the Marquis tub is wrapped underneath and is well insulated. That makes it more energy-efficient and our previous spa didn't have that. Furthermore, we're near an open space at our new house, so there could be pack rats, and the insulation would help from having pests get up inside the tub to damage it.

The installation of the tub went really well and the installers got it all set up and filled. Then, they went over how to use it. Since the tub was installed, I use it a lot during the summer because I use it like a pool to get cool. But when it's cold out during the winter, I don't use it as much. The tub is great and I love it. It makes me more relaxed. I would highly recommend purchasing a Marquis tub. I wouldn't want a different brand, given our experience with a previous brand. Marquis Spas has been awesome and we really like them.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Marquis Spas has a good reputation. So, I drove to Salem and went to their showroom there, and I liked their spa. I custom-ordered it and it was fabricated quickly. I was able to pick my type of liner inside the spa as well as customize the outside shell. Then they delivered and installed the spa, and all that went fine. I signed up for their spa valet services, where they send somebody to service the spa every two weeks and keep it in proper condition. But that was where I ran into a problem. The people they sent out weren't completing the job or would say that they were here when they weren't, which I could prove because I have surveillance cameras. So then, they changed the people, hired somebody, and fixed that problem.

I had a video surveillance, however, of one of the employees attempting to come into the sliding glass door in my backyard when he was supposed to be servicing the spa. His defense was that he was just trying to find me to tell me that he was out of door hanger slips and I was sitting at my kitchen table, but that didn't make any sense. I told him that he shouldn't be coming up to somebody's backdoor if they're sitting at the kitchen table anyway. We went back and forth with that, and I ended up discontinuing my service because I didn't like the vetted employees that they had.

I bought the hot tub since I have lupus, an auto-immune disorder, so I have a lot of joint pains. I use my tub four to five times a week and I sit in there at the end of the day. I like that the spa has a reclining seat that I can lie in inside. But I've only had the spa for one year and already the display screen of the control panel is having some issues and may need to be replaced. It has a bunch of lines streaking through it. There should be a warranty covering that issue, but I haven't called them yet because I don't know whom to call now to have somebody come out and fix that.

Hello Heidi,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying you hot tub and it is helping with your medical condition. You may always contact headquarters if you feel you are not getting the help you need from the store. We have informed them of your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I did a fair bit of research on the different brands before the purchase and I settled on Marquis. The sales team at the trade show were knowledgeable. There was a crew that delivered it and got it set where we wanted it. We are very satisfied with the tub. We use it frequently and it has definitely been worth it. I would recommend Marquis.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

When I went to the pool store that we use for pool supplies, they had the Marquis hot tub on display and it was a good fit. The people at the store explained what the higher-end spas offer versus the ones you get in Costco and they had the floor model available. When the hot tub came, we had no idea if it would be able to fit it through the gate in the fence, but it was simple. Although installing it was simple, we had to upgrade our electricity ‘cause the house is old so we just had to get the electricity outside.

While the overall quality of the hot tub is exceptional, the panel where you hit the jet buttons is peeling off. It makes the hot tub look older. And that happened within six months, and it shouldn't ‘cause they’re not submerged in water. Also, the buttons still work, but it’s faded now. Despite the decal thing, I've recommended Marquis. The hot tub itself is great.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I absolutely love my Marquis spa. It's the Marquis Spirit and it's a little three-seater. I’m in it early in the morning and late at night and I love everything about it. It’s a perfect size for me and I love the color on the inside of it as well as how it runs. But my husband doesn’t get in to it. He doesn’t like hot tubs. But I’m cool with that because I’m a bathtub person and it’s kind of my own little spa.

I got it from Job-Rite Pools in Akron and their reps were super. I love Kim, who is the owner of the place and was so knowledgeable and friendly. He told me that the spa is kind of private and almost like a bathtub. So, that's how I treat mine and I don't invite everybody to get into my bathtub. And whenever I go their store to take my water and get my chemicals checked, they’re knowledgeable and always share that knowledge with me. The guy who brought the hot tub over and installed it was also informative. It was up and running in no time.

But when I went out of town, my spa was totally green when I came back. Nobody was in it and my husband didn’t mess with the chemicals. But it was okay because I drained it and they were informative on how to drain it out and what to do with it. Other than that, I have no problem with my spa and I tell everybody I talk to that I love my spa. I also tell them to buy the Marquis brand. In fact, my sister has a really big hot tub and I told her that she should drop down to a little one since it’s just her and her husband.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We live out in the mountains with nobody around and it's nice having the Marquis hot tub. It compares well and our other one was really old though. The people delivered it to the house and basically set it in the pad. I did everything from there myself. There was an LED light that was out after we first got it and so I contacted Marquis and they were great. I've also reached out to them for chemicals. I like them and would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

My sister is the store manager at one of Marquis' steam pool and spas. She, as well as others, have recommended Marquis. The installation went just as planned and scheduled. The tub works fine and we love it. My interactions with their reps were really good too. When we had a minor issue, they came by and repaired it really quickly. I would recommend Marquis.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We went to a Marquis dealer and they were cool. This is the first tub we ever had and it has been pretty good. I like its quality.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We went into the Marquis showroom and Dana, the lady that helped us, gave us the information that we needed to decide and she was not pushy. We wound up holding up a little bit until before 4th of July. She said that she could get us the demo model and that there was an additional discount. That was what sealed the deal for us to do the purchase at that time. We love the tub and it was a really good experience. We referred them to one of my other friends that got a tub in the summer.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

The Marquis reps were helpful. They showed me why the spa was really good and why it was different than all the rest, as well as the ease of use. I got the 7x7 tub and then the guys who installed it were awesome. They came over, put it right in place and got it all positioned for me. They were in and out fast, and they were great. The hot tub is good for all the aches and pains that I've got. It also does certain things to my feet and all that stuff that I need it to do. I definitely like them. However, the whole chemical thing is different for me. The chemicals that they use in all the normal spas were great and dandy, but I found a better thing that I don’t have to use the chlorine and the bromine, and it has been working really nicely. The Ozone is a big thing and my tub stays clean.

The hot tub that I have is the Epic. It is really nice because I can turn on the bubbles or turn them off. There are also two levels of jet speed that I never had on my old tub. With the Marquis, I don’t have to have something blasting the whole time and then I can turn up the flow of that. It’s amazing. It’s got all the different options to not have the jets as strong for one person when the other person can still have really strong jets. The individual stations that I can turn up and down at different levels are great.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We did a lot of research online, and then we went to a local dealer who did Marquis. We were impressed with the manager of the store. They had a Marquis filled with water for a wet run, and I was very impressed with that. We signed up for a maintenance plan that's every other month. There was one issue about something peeling off, and they replaced it. Whatever is of concern to us, which has never been substantial, is fixed the next time. The catalyst was a degenerative back disease, and I could not be more pleased with the relief I've experienced from using the hot tub regularly.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I've had a Marquis tub for about two years now and we like it. I like its appearance and the rejuvenating bubbles that it adds. The salesman sold me on it and then wo guys came out and installed it quickly. We use the tub almost every day in the winter.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

The Marquis is a great tub. I have a bad back and it helps with that. Using it is also a good way to spend time with our family of five. We had our back deck completely redone and the tub is built-in to the deck. Our contractor and Rapid Spas handled the installation. Marquis' team is great and Rapid Spas are good people. I've had the tub for over a year and they still remember who I am when I go in to get chemicals. They’re very knowledgeable, too. I’ve recommended Marquis Spas to others.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Currently, I have two Marquis tubs. I have one in my garage and another in my house. However, the jets fall apart. They keep coming out of holes in the hot tub and I've had to replace a dozen of them. The problems have been something with the cap or the little plastic lock. For a very expensive hot tub brand, Marquis has never replaced those parts for free and I've always had to pay for them. I have a bunch of those missing because they still keep coming apart. Though my newer tub from Marquis has been better, I've been having problems with the old one. Despite those problems, the tubs themselves have been comfortable. I'm a big runner and I've found the jets to be powerful. They hit me in the right spots at my hamstrings, calves and back.

Marquis Spas response

Please call customer service at 800-275-0888 ext 260 to discuss the issue. We have advice and a solution.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

John was one of our salesmen at the Leisure Time at Oklahoma City. He did a great job with the Marquis hot tub. He showed us all the features of it. But we haven't been pleased with the in-line distribution system as we thought we would be. We went for a floating dispenser for our chemical and chlorine, but it wasn't working properly for us. It wouldn't keep the chemical for some reason. The in-line and chemical system works, but it just wasn't dispensing in the quantities in using the cartridges all the way. Other than that, we've thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub and it has worked perfectly.

Marquis Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company makes hot tubs and, through its subsidiary Aquatic Training Vessels, swim spas. The company has been in business since 1980 and is headquartered in Independence, Oregon. All its hot tub are manufactured in the United States and are sold at dealerships throughout the country.

• Options: Marquis has dozens of hot tub models ranging from smaller two-person hot tubs to large hot tubs for up to eight people. Models come in square, rectangle, triangle and round shapes. These options let you choose the size and shape that best meets your needs.

• Filtration system: Marquis has two proprietary systems to keep the water in your spa clean: the ConstantClean water management system and SmartClean filtration system. These systems use ozone, natural minerals and bromine cartridges to sanitize water and eliminate odors.

• Ambiance options: You can choose a Marquis hot tub model with a variety of ambiance options to make your spa time more enjoyable. Options include LED lighting, WiFi audio systems, waterfalls and more.

• External accessories: Marquis manufactures and sells stairs and decks to put around your hot tub; they call these Marquis Environments. Environments make it easier to get in and out, offer storage and add to the appearance of your hot tub.

• Local dealers: You can buy Marquis hot tubs from dealers around the country. Visiting a local dealer means you’ll likely be able to see hot tubs in person before making your decision. Go to the Marquis website to find your local dealer.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Marquis Spas Company Information