2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.30/5

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? Every Marquis hot tub is world class, delivering a relaxing and enjoyable hydrotherapy experience. From our Signature and Vector21 series to our Celebrity Hot Tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of models to match your therapy needs and budget. Contact us today to obtain more information!

Marquis Spas Video
Marquis Spas Gallery (6)
View More View More

Marquis Spas Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

While doing comparison shopping, we went into two other shops in our town that sold hot tubs. Ultimately, we were most satisfied with Marquis. And we were extra satisfied with the care of the team at the only store in town that sold Marquis. It’s a local pool shop and their customer service and attentiveness to us was what made us settle on Marquis.

We had never bought anything there before, but they remembered who we were. Michelle, the lady who runs the store, has been in the business for more than 20 years and there was not one question that she could not answer. We even brought our questions from the other shop and said, "I'm comparing this hot tub to your hot tub. Tell me about your hot tub." She gave us the answers that we were looking for, but we didn't tell her what we were looking for. They didn't care who sells what. I stood by their brand. The other guys said that their tub was the best, but didn't know why it was the best. And they would talk bad about the other companies.

The installation was a little intensive and extensive of a process, but it wasn't a headache. It was a very pleasurable experience. We have an older home and the installers had to run different lines and we had to pay extra money to get electricity to the area where we wanted the tub. We also had to get a pad laid. It's a very comfortable tub and there's no wasted space. You can also custom order it. Whatever needs you have, Marquis will meet it.

I go in about every two weeks to have my water tested. I have the store manager's personal phone number and I have access to them anytime I want them. The tub is less than a year old, but we have had to cash in on our warranty already. Our control panel quit responding on the top half. The SOAK button and the JETS 3 were the only things that would respond. The BACK button and the temperature gauge quit. It was an older control panel and it got some moisture trapped under it. I told the manager about it one day and the next morning, someone was out here and installed a new one for us.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I purchased my Marquis Spas hot tub in April but I couldn't have it installed then because my pavers weren't done yet. It wasn't until July when they were done and I could have the hot tub delivered. However, I was not told that the lift kit was on back order. I didn't know it was unavailable until they installed the hot tub. I wish someone would've said something to me when we were being persuaded. So, for the first month, in order to use the hot tub, we had to pull its cover off completely, which was annoying. Also, the steps that they brought were the wrong color. I had my cabinet swapped out for the one on a model they had in the showroom, because the color that I wanted was not in stock, but they forgot to grab the matching step. They were gonna keep them there but I told them to bring me the new one when they can, and they brought them out a few days after.

What's shocking was that I had an issue with the control panel within the first six months of having the unit. The touch panel on this hot tub was on the expensive side and known for its quality, but it wasn't working in the upper left-hand corner. I couldn't adjust anything, like the temperature, so I couldn't really use the hot tub. I called and left them a message, and then they called me back either the same day or the next day. It was a busy time of year for them, with a lot of people closing their pools, so they put me on the schedule to get out as soon as they could, once they confirmed that they had the part available.

They came out about two weeks after I called and they fixed it. I was a little frustrated with that time frame, but I know there was nothing they could do. They only have so many people working. And since they fixed it, I haven't had any issues with the pad. They're coming out again tomorrow to show me how to drain the hot tub because it's time for me to change the water out. Hopefully, I'll be good to go for the winter. It's a fantastic unit and everyone who has been in it and in other hot tubs comments about how nice it is and how great it feels. The jets are fantastic and I love the ability to adjust every single jet. My son loves the waterfall feature and the lights.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I’m very happy with the Marquis tub's finish. A little letdown is the location and the choice that we made of the jet design. My wife and I both tend to like things on our feet and we haven’t found that this one really has that. Of course, you don’t know until you’re actually sitting in it. Also, I would have liked to drop the temperature a bit while we were gone and I couldn’t shut the light off at first. We finally got it by just killing the power to the whole unit, and then bringing it back up. But the screen froze up and I couldn’t change it. The screen is acting up a bit, as far as the controls. And so I had to shut it off just before we left. After calling the merchant that we bought it from in Bend, Oregon, Fireside Spa, we got a call very quickly from the contractor to come out and fix it. I just held him off because we were leaving. So it’s gonna get repaired as soon as we get back from our trip. They’re scheduled to give us a call, come out and look at it.

The stairs are very stable and I find that very functional for using the interior storage on it. I like the way the lid works. Time will tell on how the cover stands up. Maintaining the cover has been one of the maintenance items that I’ve remembered from 20 years that we've had hot tubs. But I’m happy with the way it works, and the ease of shutting it and opening it. I would recommend for others to try one out in the showroom, or see where all the jets are that they really appreciate most. The only two things that have been a little negative were the jets on the feet and the flat screen control. Other than that, everything else works. I’m very pleased with the rest of the tub.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We bought a house that had an old tub, and it was nonfunctional. And we bought the Marquis to replace it. Marquis was the highest rated brand that was available in our area. We've had it about two months. There are a couple of things about the spa itself operation wise that I would note. I got a V84 which is the Vector Series. The way the proportioner valves distribute from one seat to the next seat doesn't really make an awful lot of sense to me. One valve on one side of the tub operates two seats. And then, there is a separate valve for just one seat instead of each seat having its own valves, and it's just the same on both sides.

Also, one of the pumps seems a lot stronger than the other. Even when it's on high, it's not as strong as it seems like it really should be. And it's like one side of the tub you have to have the air on for it to be strong enough to really do anything. On the other side, you don't. And one seat, the neck jets has its own valve just for those jets, and no matter how much you open it up or how much you divert power from other seats to that seat, you never really get any strength out of those particular jets. There's water that comes out of them, and what's really odd is the jets that are beneath that in the same seat are the strongest jets in the whole tub. They'll push right across the tub if you turn it all the way up. But the neck jets are really wimpy no matter what you do.

The controls could be a little bit less simplistic and a little bit more convenient to use too. For example, when you wanna adjust the temperature, you can't turn it up or down. You have to go all the way up before it starts going back down. Then you have to go all the way down before it starts going back up. There's only one button. There's not an up and down button. It seems like it's a little bit oversimplified for the price point.

The installation was reasonable. We have a little bit of a steep lawn, and the kids did a pretty good job. I wasn't real happy with some of the codes where they couldn't do the electric. And we had to hire a separate electrician to come in and do that. But that's not Marquis' fault. The Marquis dealers have been good. I've dealt with a couple. There were three of them around me, and I live closer to one. And there's one on my way to work, and then there's one closer to where I work. So, I've been to all three of them one point or another. And like a lot of the owners having problems with getting the water balanced, I had to bug the heck out of them for the first three weeks or so.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Our Marquis was a plug-and-play. We didn’t have to do any electrical and we were sure that the power was plenty. It also was really comfortable because we just wanted a small thing that will fit two to three people. We also asked if they had those ones that rotate and creates sort of a thumping on your back since my husband sometimes has a lower back problem. We put together an encasement and decking area where the techs put the tub in and it created a flat surface for them. They filled the tub for us. We came home and it was full, and we turned it on. It was pretty easy.

However, I’m not a manual reader so I ended up having to read it to drain the tub. We've drained it twice since we got it and I just don’t know the frequency which we should be replacing the filter. I still keep spraying it out with a really pointed sprayer and then we have a recipe for the chemicals. The only thing I wish I would have done is to have that somehow. I know there’s the ability to do that automatically if we have purchased one that it would do it itself.We didn’t do that because I always worry that I’m overchlorinating, underchlorinating, it’s the time for this, it’s the time for that.

I do have the test strips and that helps. But that’s the only thing that kind of is a hassle and it’s not that big a one. I’m just worried that I'm doing it right and making sure that the tub is gonna last a long time. Other than that, we use the tub two to three times a week. My husband and I both golf and we do in the winter. I would go out in 39 degrees and it would end up being 54. But not only the muscle from turning your back and but being cold, coming home after golf and going in, is just exactly why we purchased the tub and it's is doing great for that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

The local person we got our Marquis Spas from has good service. And when we looked online, he had good reviews, which was why we went with it. The hot tub is an investment and we like it. Marquis Spas is very nice and we’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

The dealer had other manufacturers and they said that Marquis was the best one. We got the spa in June of last year and the installation went fast. I use it weekly, though I wish I used it more. I like the relaxation part of it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Marquis' value made me go with them. The installation of the tub was excellent -- they did a great job and they were on time. They were professional and helpful, too. The tub is well made, and I am happy with the product.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Marquis Spas has been phenomenal. We love it and enjoy it. The only downside is that the jets dials pop out. So I have to pop them back in, twist them and lock them back in. They don’t stay in place. And it happened to four of the jets the first time I used it. Even if I go to the vendor they would say, “Oh, just pop it back in, twist it.” I said, "But it’s not back." I paid a lot of money for the Marquis to have things like that. That's really annoying. That stuff shouldn’t be happening. It’s not like kids are playing with them or people are banging on them. They literally just flowed out. But other than that everything has been wonderful. It runs, stays warm, and it’s been a great experience. So buy a Marquis but make sure you don't have the same experience I did. Get a contract saying the vendor is responsible if any of those things pop out.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We had been referred to Marquis, and they were really nice, really helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. The installation team were also really nice, really quick and showed us how to get everything going. I like the lounge chair of the spa. It is my favorite spot. The only thing that would be really nice is if it had some sorta lights on the outside. I love the lights on the inside, but then when you go to get out, it’s hard to see where you’re walking out there.

Marquis Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company makes hot tubs and, through its subsidiary Aquatic Training Vessels, swim spas. The company has been in business since 1980 and is headquartered in Independence, Oregon. All its hot tub are manufactured in the United States and are sold at dealerships throughout the country.

• Options: Marquis has dozens of hot tub models ranging from smaller two-person hot tubs to large hot tubs for up to eight people. Models come in square, rectangle, triangle and round shapes. These options let you choose the size and shape that best meets your needs.

• Filtration system: Marquis has two proprietary systems to keep the water in your spa clean: the ConstantClean water management system and SmartClean filtration system. These systems use ozone, natural minerals and bromine cartridges to sanitize water and eliminate odors.

• Ambiance options: You can choose a Marquis hot tub model with a variety of ambiance options to make your spa time more enjoyable. Options include LED lighting, WiFi audio systems, waterfalls and more.

• External accessories: Marquis manufactures and sells stairs and decks to put around your hot tub; they call these Marquis Environments. Environments make it easier to get in and out, offer storage and add to the appearance of your hot tub.

• Local dealers: You can buy Marquis hot tubs from dealers around the country. Visiting a local dealer means you’ll likely be able to see hot tubs in person before making your decision. Go to the Marquis website to find your local dealer.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Marquis Spas Company Information