4.28/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? Every Marquis hot tub is world class, delivering a relaxing and enjoyable hydrotherapy experience. From our Signature and Vector21 series to our Celebrity Hot Tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of models to match your therapy needs and budget. Contact us today to obtain more information!

Marquis Spas Video
Marquis Spas Gallery (6)
View More View More

Marquis Spas Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We bought a house that had an old tub, and it was nonfunctional. And we bought the Marquis to replace it. Marquis was the highest rated brand that was available in our area. We've had it about two months. There are a couple of things about the spa itself operation wise that I would note. I got a V84 which is the Vector Series. The way the proportioner valves distribute from one seat to the next seat doesn't really make an awful lot of sense to me. One valve on one side of the tub operates two seats. And then, there is a separate valve for just one seat instead of each seat having its own valves, and it's just the same on both sides.

Also, one of the pumps seems a lot stronger than the other. Even when it's on high, it's not as strong as it seems like it really should be. And it's like one side of the tub you have to have the air on for it to be strong enough to really do anything. On the other side, you don't. And one seat, the neck jets has its own valve just for those jets, and no matter how much you open it up or how much you divert power from other seats to that seat, you never really get any strength out of those particular jets. There's water that comes out of them, and what's really odd is the jets that are beneath that in the same seat are the strongest jets in the whole tub. They'll push right across the tub if you turn it all the way up. But the neck jets are really wimpy no matter what you do.

The controls could be a little bit less simplistic and a little bit more convenient to use too. For example, when you wanna adjust the temperature, you can't turn it up or down. You have to go all the way up before it starts going back down. Then you have to go all the way down before it starts going back up. There's only one button. There's not an up and down button. It seems like it's a little bit oversimplified for the price point.

The installation was reasonable. We have a little bit of a steep lawn, and the kids did a pretty good job. I wasn't real happy with some of the codes where they couldn't do the electric. And we had to hire a separate electrician to come in and do that. But that's not Marquis' fault. The Marquis dealers have been good. I've dealt with a couple. There were three of them around me, and I live closer to one. And there's one on my way to work, and then there's one closer to where I work. So, I've been to all three of them one point or another. And like a lot of the owners having problems with getting the water balanced, I had to bug the heck out of them for the first three weeks or so.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Our Marquis was a plug-and-play. We didn’t have to do any electrical and we were sure that the power was plenty. It also was really comfortable because we just wanted a small thing that will fit two to three people. We also asked if they had those ones that rotate and creates sort of a thumping on your back since my husband sometimes has a lower back problem. We put together an encasement and decking area where the techs put the tub in and it created a flat surface for them. They filled the tub for us. We came home and it was full, and we turned it on. It was pretty easy.

However, I’m not a manual reader so I ended up having to read it to drain the tub. We've drained it twice since we got it and I just don’t know the frequency which we should be replacing the filter. I still keep spraying it out with a really pointed sprayer and then we have a recipe for the chemicals. The only thing I wish I would have done is to have that somehow. I know there’s the ability to do that automatically if we have purchased one that it would do it itself.We didn’t do that because I always worry that I’m overchlorinating, underchlorinating, it’s the time for this, it’s the time for that.

I do have the test strips and that helps. But that’s the only thing that kind of is a hassle and it’s not that big a one. I’m just worried that I'm doing it right and making sure that the tub is gonna last a long time. Other than that, we use the tub two to three times a week. My husband and I both golf and we do in the winter. I would go out in 39 degrees and it would end up being 54. But not only the muscle from turning your back and but being cold, coming home after golf and going in, is just exactly why we purchased the tub and it's is doing great for that.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I've had a good experience with Marquis Spas and the people that I bought it from were excellent. They attempted to repair my other spa and they couldn't. Some of the fittings were in places where they could actually not get to. They tried three times to stop the leaks and I said, "Okay, enough with this. What I would like to do is I would like to buy a new spa from you guys." Thereafter, we made a date to go over to Marquis.

We went over there to Redding from where we live, which was 50 miles west of Redding California and found what we wanted. I talked to them, and they said they would knock off the $700 I owed them for the attempt at repairing our previous spa. I told them that they just made themselves a deal and asked when can we have it delivered, which they answered. The follow-through on it was very good after we got it in. Theresa from Marquis called me several times to find out if we were satisfied and pleased with it, and everything went very well.

Though we've used a different brand previously, the Marquis spa is better. This is the second Marquis I've had. When we were in Oregon, I bought one up there and we're very satisfied with it. We've used the Marquis Spas up there in Oregon for five years. Now, it's been a year down here in Northern California. With this recent installation, the first thing they did was removed the old spa that leaked around on all of the fittings. They showed up at the door with a truck and a dolly. They set it up and told me to go ahead and fill it full of water and hit the switch. They also told me what to expect and drove away. It was that simple and I was very satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We went online and looked at a lot of consumer reports on people having issues with some other spa brands and Marquis had the least problems out of the majority of these brands. Then, we went through a dealer in Bend, Oregon to purchase a Marquis spa. They knew what they were talking about and we had a good interaction with them. They gave us plenty of information and the price point was right on it. The installation team came, installed the tub where I told them, and did all the wiring on it.

Our hot tub is nice and we are happy with it. With a lot of the spas that people buy, some stuff start to go wrong with them after about a year. But we've had our Marquis spa for a year now and we've had a good experience with it so far. After we've had this spa for another year or two, we can tell people that its longevity has been good too.

I was under the impression that most of these tubs are built in Oregon, so if something were to go wrong, it would be nice to have somebody close here in Oregon and not have some spa built all the way across the country. Marquis also gave us a bunch of gift cards for buying chemicals when going to the store. A lot of the guys of the other spa brands were like car salesmen and they tried to sell us a bunch of crap, whereas the Marquis guys were straight and cut-and-dried on what we were getting and what they wanted right down to the dollar. We had a pleasant experience with Marquis Spas and I like them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The installers of our Marquis spa were outstanding. We do not like that the cover for the filter does not have any weight to it though, so it floats off any time the water level pushes it off the top of the filter. If we get a couple people in there, the water level goes up and then that cover floats off. If it latched down or sat up higher in the hot tub, that would be a better design. If it floats off, we just take it off until we get out and put it back on.

Also, it’s not easy to figure out which knobs operate which jets. Our previous hot tub is designed that the jets were on with the knob that it adjusted. So it was easy to determine if we were on the north side of the spa and the jets are on the north side of the spa, use the knob on the north side of the spa. This one is not designed like that and the manual does not give a description as to which knob runs which jets. So a solution to the problem would be if the manual would say this knob controls these jets. Otherwise, when we’re in there, we just turn the knobs until we get it to work where we want it to. Other than that, there are a ton of jets in the tub and they are fabulous.

The tub that we purchased before was the cream of the crop at that time and this Marquis has outperformed what we purchased before. The filtering system with this spa is easier to take care of than the previous spa and my family fully believe that they are medical devices. Two of the four of us have migraine headaches and it is fabulous to get in the spa when you have a migraine headache. The pressure on the back of the neck and the back of the head from the jets is fabulous along with the water temperature, helps relax. The other two of us both have muscle and musculoskeletal problems and both of them get in the tub for the simple relief of pain. Plus, there is the pressure aspect of kids that are in it a lot with friends. If you want your house to be the hub of entertainment, you wanna know what your kids are doing and you know that they’re safe, you need a spa at your house. Everybody wants to come to your house.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

We were looking for a specific size hot tub to fit on our patio and shopped around for a bit before finding Marquis Spas and Alan at the Salem store. He is extremely knowledgeable and helpful in choosing the right hot tub for your needs. He asked all the right questions and wasn't pushy in any way. Marquis Spas is locally owned and their customer service is second to none. From delivery to finding an electrician to answering every question about maintenance, we just could not be more pleased! They truly want you to be happy with your hot tub and go the extra mile to help in any way possible again and again! I love it that I can text if I have any questions and go to the store to get the chemicals needed. We had a couple of minor hiccups with the tub initially and they took care of them immediately, with no charge to us. The customer service, since they are local, is simply the best! We LOVE Marquis Spas!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Marquis was on sale and there was the floor model. I got it for 3,000 off of the normal price. However, the sales floor team wasn't good at all. I kept asking the people at the store basic questions like how much room I would need in the driveway. They told me they were bringing it on a Ford F150. I asked if there was gonna be a lot of people and if I had to move my cars because I have a lot of cars on my driveway. They said no. I also told them that I have a little hill with a 45-degree incline that goes down to my yard. I asked if that was gonna matter. They said it wouldn't matter at all. But after that they said it was gonna matter big time. They almost didn't want to deliver it, so I was complaining.

When the guys got here, they said it wasn't bad at all and that they've done worse. They brought a box truck with a spa on the back, and then there were two more trucks. I could have moved some vehicles around to make more room for them, but the lady from the sales from team was just unaware of how their own delivery team worked. When they were hooking the spa up, it was actually pretty good.

However, the spa's horrible and I have two problems with it. I have the model where it has a waterfall on it. Only one waterfall in the front is popping off. I called the lady and she said I was doing it wrong. I told her that from the get-go, something seemed wrong with it. And around two months after I had it, the waterfall broke and stopped working. They said it wasn't covered under warranty and asked me to buy this $5-part which I did. They showed me how to replace it. I'm a contractor and I'm savvy. I know basic generals about everything. I'm the one that hooked the electric up for that. So, took it apart, replaced it, but only one popped up.

They said that the mat must have went through one of the tubes and that they'd send somebody out here. But they didn't know when because they were busy. I told them that I didn't care if it's a month or a week out, and just give me a date. They were supposed to be out two weeks later on a Thursday at 8:00 AM. The guy didn't get here until 10:00 or 11:00, and then he could not find it in the line. So, he left without saying anything to me.

I called Marquis and said that the thing's not working. I had to run out and by the time I got back, the guy was gone. He said he's gotta dig more into the line to get it running or to get that tube out and he didn't have time for it that day. On top of that, I still can't get certain jets to work. One of the outer things popped off.

When I called the store, it's like literally pulling teeth. I could only speak to the one lady, Maryann because no one else knows anything but her. So, if she was busy, I would not be getting any answers and be told, "Maryann's gonna call you back."

Then, Maryann kept telling me to turn it in different zones. I did but they're still not coming on. I wanted to be here when the guy was here to say that we needed to fix this problem first. Also, the AC1 and AC2 buttons, which you turn it to adjust the zones were really loud. I'm like, "I know this is the floor model. How long was it there? Am I gonna have a lot of problems with it?" I still paid 13,000 for it. It wasn't a small purchase. I asked when he was coming back. They said they were supposed to be back, today, Thursday which I actually forgot because I had a lot of stuff going on. So, I'm gonna have to call in the morning and say that they're still supposed to be out this week to fix it. With my experience with Marquis, I wish I went to Eagle Spa and got a different brand because I am so disappointed with this hot tub, it's not even funny.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We've had our Marquis hot tub since May. The installation went okay. But we had some issues with the hot tub. Our hot tub has speakers in it and they were alternating, working one versus the other, back and forth. The speakers had to be replaced. Also, there are two pumps. One of them wasn’t working because it wasn’t really turned on. It wasn’t a big deal but we had to call the company back to come and fix that. The replacement was done a week ago. Our problems were fixed but they should not have been a problem to start with. Other than that, the people that came out were very friendly. The people at the store were very nice too. And the customer service seems to be fine.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I had a bad experience when the Marquis tub was installed. The installers didn't put it in the hole. They left it out because they put the cover on before they slid it in the hole and then it wouldn't go. We told them that they'd have to put the cover on after they put it in the hole, but they didn't. My husband ended up taking it all and got another couple of guys to come and put it in the hole, and then he put the cover back on. Overall, the tub seems to be doing okay, but it keeps throwing my breaker.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The installers of the Marquis tub were good. The only problem was that the crane that they brought wasn’t able to bring it in the way they thought they were going to. But the guys came back with a carton, and managed to roll it around the side of the house. I was overall pretty happy with what they did. The hot tub is nice to be in. It’s fairly quiet. The jets work well. It’s comfortable, and it does pretty much what they said it would do. So far, I’ve been pleased with it. The only thing that I’ve had happen at all was it got cloudy after my daughter and her four friends came and used it. But the retailer was very good about suggesting what chemicals to use to try and clean it up. Overall, it’s better than I expected.

Marquis Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company makes hot tubs and, through its subsidiary Aquatic Training Vessels, swim spas. The company has been in business since 1980 and is headquartered in Independence, Oregon. All its hot tub are manufactured in the United States and are sold at dealerships throughout the country.

• Options: Marquis has dozens of hot tub models ranging from smaller two-person hot tubs to large hot tubs for up to eight people. Models come in square, rectangle, triangle and round shapes. These options let you choose the size and shape that best meets your needs.

• Filtration system: Marquis has two proprietary systems to keep the water in your spa clean: the ConstantClean water management system and SmartClean filtration system. These systems use ozone, natural minerals and bromine cartridges to sanitize water and eliminate odors.

• Ambiance options: You can choose a Marquis hot tub model with a variety of ambiance options to make your spa time more enjoyable. Options include LED lighting, WiFi audio systems, waterfalls and more.

• External accessories: Marquis manufactures and sells stairs and decks to put around your hot tub; they call these Marquis Environments. Environments make it easier to get in and out, offer storage and add to the appearance of your hot tub.

• Local dealers: You can buy Marquis hot tubs from dealers around the country. Visiting a local dealer means you’ll likely be able to see hot tubs in person before making your decision. Go to the Marquis website to find your local dealer.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Marquis Spas Company Information