It's that easy Request Information
4.62/5
Based on 466 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? From our Signature series tubs, Vector21 to our eSeries and Celebrity hot tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of hot tubs in order to help you find the one that is right for you. No matter the model, Marquis hot tubs can assure you will have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Contact us today to obtain more information!

466 Marquis Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

When our Marquis tub was installed, everyone in the installation team was really nice. We've had the tub for a little over a year now and it is not as good as our previous tub. It was really expensive for what we got. It doesn't filter very well and the paneling around the sides keep coming off.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We checked around in a couple of different locations and we liked the actual Marquis hot tub itself. We bought a Marquis and the delivery team brought it and set it down at our house. We did all of the setup and at this point, we've liked it good.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The shape and design of the hot tub at Marquis looked nice, and the price was competitive. The installers did a great job. They knew exactly what to do and how to get it in. The faceplate had peeled and then the filter was cracked, and they took care of them. Overall the tub works well and it's been trouble-free. It's also easy to operate and control.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My previous tub was a $100 used one from a neighbor. I have a Marquis now and it's much better. When I got it, I had a great experience with the sales reps and installer. It's a nice hot tub and I really like it. But I had a problem at the beginning. Apparently, a hose fell off, so I assumed that it was a manufacturing flaw. It was a bit inconvenient and disappointing because I spent a bunch of money on a brand new hot tub and it has a leak. But they fixed it without any problem and at no charge, so I was happy.

If I had to do everything all over again, I would try and find something that had more than one filter. My dad has a hot tub and he was sort of shocked that there was only one filter in my Marquis. He said he has four. So, it's somewhat high-maintenance because you're constantly cleaning one filter. Obviously, if you had four filters, you'd be cleaning them all but 1/4 the time. At the end of everything, the company I bought it from did the right thing.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We found Marquis at the home show where we bought it from and their sales reps were great. They were really kind and it wasn't a high-pressure deal. The installation also went perfectly. The installers came out once and had the job done. We had to stop by and pick up something and that was the end of it. For the most part, they came completely prepared. The size of spa that we got was great for us because we're just a couple. But we don't care for the cover. If you put too much water in the tub, the cover floats, so we're constantly fighting that. If we had to do things over, we would change that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I love my hot tub from Marquis Spas. I love the size and the jet set up (SETUP FOR NOUN). I get in when I want to and get out. I’ve had the tub for a year and it works. The maintenance is easy too. When the tub was installed, the installers were great but I got my own electrician. The installers set the tub down where we wanted it and they worked with the electrician to make sure it was gonna be easier to hook up and it was. Marquis Spas is doing great and their price range is what I wanted.

NIII:

Friends who had them had liked them.

---

REMOD:

Friends who had the Marquis spa liked it, so I went with Marquis as well. I’ve had my hot tub for a year and it works, and I love it. I love its size and the jet setup. I get in when I want to and get out, and it's easy to maintain. The installation was easy too. The people that installed the tub were great, but I got my own electrician out there. The installers set the tub down where we wanted it and they worked with the electrician to make sure that it was gonna be easier to hook up. Marquis Spas has been doing great and they had the price range that I wanted, and I'd tell people to get their tub.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Marquis Spas are good, buy one. I have owned a Marquis hot tub for a year now. I had a good experience when it was installed and their team handled everything perfectly.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Marquis was a good choice. It was the right price and the right size that the salesman talked about. We bought a house that already had a hot tub, but it was broken. Still, since the tub was already wired, the installers were in and out super fast. The lead salesman was a rock star and he came out after the pool had shown up. He put the bar on there for the top so it'll plop all over. He told us to let him know if we have any problems. He also said that when you buy a hot tub from him, you're not just getting a hot tub, but you're also getting him as part of the service. The Marquis hot tub is great, but not so much during the warmer months when we just use it as a pool. During, during the winter, it's really awesome. I've had this hot tub for more than a year and it works like a champ. I'd definitely recommend Marquis Spas.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The Marquis rep was real nice and we got an 8-seater tub. The installers told us where the tub would look best at and how pretty the lights would look inside of it. They also picked up all the paperwork and the boxes when they were done. We've had the tub since the winter of last year and, since then, my husband always want me to get in the hot tub with him. Also, everybody comes over to our house to get into it, so I tell them to go to the place. I also tell them how much it cost us which wasn’t that bad. Although we need to do something about the tub because right now, it shows around 107 degrees when we open the lid. But when we try to get into it, we gotta put more cold water in it or put a bucket of ice in it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I go to Northwest Arkansas Pool for pool chemicals and they sell Marquis hot tubs. I got one in August and it hasn't even been a year but the headrest that are on the backs of the seats are all discolored. They get hard and they dry out. The headrests were reordered to replace all of them and at the time, one was broken. Now, two are broken and the other one is faded and nasty so I don’t like the quality. But I’m fine with the rest of it and I love my hot tub.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I like my Marquis spa, but I was not satisfied with Patio Pools' service. I laid down half the money for the spa like Patio Pool asked me to. They said that I pay for the rest once the spa was delivered and made. I did my part and laid the concrete down. They came out and inspected it and I get all the watering. Then they called me when the spa was done. I went down, paid for it all and asked if they were gonna come and inspect everything that was done. They said yeah, but it took them three weeks to finally come to do it after they told me they’d be down right away. I had to keep on calling them about it.

When they came down and inspected it, everything was fine. Then I had to wait another long time for the spa to get delivered to my home. The installers were fine and everything was great with the installation. They went through everything with my husband. We use it three or four times a week and we want to use it more in the winter time. Marquis Spas is a good company with a good product.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Our old tub that was a different brand didn't work, so we replaced it. There were only two options where we bought the new tub and Marquis was the less expensive one. We purchased a Marquis and their crew did a very nice job installing it. Since then, we've had the tub for two years. It works okay, but it's a real bear to clean it. Still, my experience with Marquis has been fine.

Marquis Spas response

Perhaps we can help you with some cleaning tips. Please contact Customer Service at Service@Marquiscorp.com and let’s see if we can make it a little easier for you.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I got a hydro therapy spa and it’s great. I've had it for two years now and I use it about three times a week. I chose Marquis for the quality and I'd tell others to definitely go buy them. The installation for my spa had gone smoothly too. The Marquis people brought it over, set it up on the deck and hooked it up. It was a piece of cake.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I've had my Marquis hot tub for one and a half years now and it is better than the one that I have used before. The installation was great too. I'd recommend Marquis to my friends.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We were looking for a hot tub option and we liked the Marquis spa so we went with it. We bought it at a spa and hot tub show and the dealer was there. The Marquis spa seemed like a good product and we liked the design. And the delivery went perfectly fine. We don't use the tub as much as I thought we would, but we like it and we have had it for a year and a half now. I would recommend Marquis Spas.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We used to have a Beachcomber. But it was old and worn out and it started to crack underneath. We really needed a replacement and we got one from Marquis Spas. We had some issues during the installation and the screws on the panel to get into the inside of the spa were broken or misthreaded. So, the company that sold us the spa came by a couple of weeks after the installation to do some follow-up. It took them a while to come out but they did and the salesman ultimately took care of the problems. Also, the way that the lift of the plastic fit the panel that’s removed to get to underneath part wasn’t quite manufactured correctly. So, he had to reinstall a screw to move the plastic so that the panel seated correctly because there was a gap between the removable panel and the main part of the panel that comes around the plastic.

Aside from that, we got the hot tub with the radio system and speakers in it and two issues have come up on it. One is that there has been some condensation on the speakers. It appears that the screws that had been installed may not be stainless steel so, they show a little bit of rust on them. One of the two speaker screws especially appears like somebody put standard screws in to hold the speaker in place and those have shown some rust within a few weeks of having the spa. They’re still operational though.

The second issue is that the motor on the spa causes interference with the AM/FM radio system and I don’t know if it’s a manufacturer issue or just the radio issue with the antenna wire being moved underneath. The person that came to service the spa took and moved the wire to the antenna for the AM/FM radio system to several places but it still causes interference. From the very beginning, when you’re running all the pumps, the radio antenna performs fine. But when you’re running some of the pumps or one of the pumps at lower speed, it has interference with the radio. It’s gotten stranger, too, but it’s not due to wear and tear. They said it was a common problem and the solution is typically to move the antenna wire. But, they tried that and it slightly corrected it, but it’s never been completely corrected. Other than that, we have the Marquis hot tub for 12 months now, we use it regularly, and we enjoy it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We've had our Marquis tub for one year and we love it. This is our first one and we use it all the time. We just go to Idler's if we have to get chemicals, but we haven't had any issues with that.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I had Hot Spring but I had a lot of problems with it. I know a bunch of people that didn’t, but I happened to. Plus, Hot Springs were more expensive than other hot tubs. So, I did some research and found a couple of forums where a lot of people had really positive comments about Marquis Spas. So, I thought I would go look into it. I bought my spa from the Pool Doctor and they handled everything. The installation went really well and I have my Marquis hot tub for over a year now. So far, it's still working. I love it and I use it often. I also recommended it to my sister who’s building a house in Las Cruces.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My husband did some pricing of other hot tub carriers and Marquis Spas' price was right and they were gonna take care of everything. We bought two tubs from them and then they called to tell us that the tub was ready and they set up a time to come. We bought a smaller one but it was out of scale to the house as the house is huge. It’s a 5 sitter and one of the sits is a lounger. The installers came and they set the tub up smoothly. We bought two houses and wanted to move the small tub over to the other house and have a larger one put into the larger house. They charged us a fee which was fair and they went ahead and took care of it all. We liked the larger hot tub so much better because the jets were so much stronger.

My experience with Marquis Spas has been excellent. I go into the shop all the time to buy products. When something was not working right or leaking, the reps told us that a gasket was on and it was $3 for a new one. They were competent and helpful. Also, Terry who sold us the tubs is available all the time. I have messaged her on Sundays because we Airbnb, so we have guests who use and misuse the tubs. She’s so lovely and really fantastic.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We moved and I sold the house with the Jacuzzi spa so we needed a new one. We bought a tub from Marquis Spas since I know the salesperson there. The installers thought we would get our tub a week sooner, but they were a week behind. Once we got past that issue, though, they told me they were gonna be there at a certain time and they showed up, and the installation was good. The Marquis team has been exceptional and my interactions with them have been absolutely fine. We did something wrong and we had a little problem with balancing the water, but they were able to send somebody and get us organized. Also, a headrest broke one time and they replaced it.

We've had our Marquis tub for a year and everything has been fine. The quality of the tub is good and it works well, although it was a little pricey. We usually use it at night. The tub is like a gathering spot and its biggest impact for us is that we have a good family time. My kids come and hang out with my wife and me, and we all chat. It's a good spa and we enjoy it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The other brand I really wanted was twice as much money to buy because they put the equipment at the top of the spa instead of the bottom. I needed to be within a certain price range and I was able to accomplish that with the Marquis brand. I built a cement vault and put it into the ground with access to service the equipment so that the top of the spa is at ground level. However, the installers left the valve open, so all the water I was putting in was emptying out the bottom.

The Marquis has various height seats and it works really well. It’s right outside of my bedroom door and I’m very happy I did it. I’ve had it for a year and a third and I had to replace one of the motors, but that was still under warranty. However, the aftermarket foam cover I bought was broken within half a year. It’s $200 and it’s an ugly and unuseful feature. Other than that, I love my Marquis spa, but they need to educate the companies they sell them to so that they install them properly.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Before we used Marquis, we used another hot tub brand but that company no longer exists. The two brands are close and we’ve enjoyed both of them. Mike, our Marquis salesman, was good. He was instrumental in convincing us that the one with the lounge would work for us. We were steering away from that because so many people said they just float out of them. Mike told us that the new ones are designed differently so that you won’t float out of them, and he was right. The particular one we bought suits our needs perfectly.

The installers listened to our concerns. They were really good to put the hot tub exactly where we wanted it. They even had to turn it one time. Marquis is helpful when we go to buy the products to put in the hot tub. We've had our hot tub for over a year and now, we have it turned down because it is so hot. Over the winter, we were in it every single night and sometimes, my husband uses it in the morning. It would warm us up and relax us before we go to bed.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My new Marquis Spa is larger and has more jets than the tub I owned before. However, my installation experience as well as my experience with the dealer, Patio Pools, were horrible. My tub before ran on 120 but then I needed 220 for my new one. Marquis' dealer sent an electrician out who did a horrible job. We asked him to run lines from the box over to the edge of the patio and then dig a trench to where we were doing the tub. It was a debacle and I told Marquis afterwards that they should never recommend that guy again.

After, when they came to install the tub, they filled it up and turned the jets on and the water was horribly brown. I think they had the tub sitting outside somewhere. The guy who was installing it said it was factory dust and I told him not to insult me as I am not stupid. Factory dust is not brown dirt. I let Patio Pools know about that as well and they came and gave me an extra filter as the one that was installed was completely full of dirt.

Another time, I had a problem when the tub was still under warranty and it kept heating to 105 and I couldn't figure it out. I kept putting the temperature of the tub down but then it would heat up again, so I was turning it off every night because I suddenly got an electric bill that was $150 more than what it was supposed to be. The dealer sent someone who reached out to Marquis and asked what was going on. He found that there was some weird switch that had flipped in the panel and eventually they got it fixed. Additionally, there are a lot of features that came with my tub. Not everybody wants to party. There weren't any models that didn't have a fountain or crazy LED lights. I do yard work and then I need to sit in my hot tub and I don't want all of that. But aside from that, I enjoy the different types of jets that my tub has.

Original review: July 30, 2018

When we moved from Maryland to Oregon, the store that we went to was selling Marquis and we've had a good experience during the installation of the tub. They were on time, explained how to do the chemical startup and everything was great. We use the tub two to three times a week and it has been good.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We were window shopping when we stumbled upon Marquis and we liked their tub's color scheme. Compared to the hot tub the previous owners of our home have left behind, our Marquis hot tub holds up fairly well. It is pretty reliable and low maintenance as well. I would recommend Marquis and tell my friends to purchase one.

Original review: July 29, 2018

This Marquis is my first hot tub and I’ve had it for about two years now. The delivery people had to go through a fence around the house when we had it installed and they were very professional. They replaced its pump already though because it was starting to make a noise. They also replaced the keypad about two months after I got it because it filmed over and I couldn’t read it. Now, it’s starting to do that again. There’s moisture getting into it and it’s not getting out. But they seem pretty compliant when it comes to getting things replaced and a repair usually gets done within a week but it depends if the part is available or not. I love my Marquis tub. I have not turned this thing off since I bought it and I use it almost every day.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Though their dealership is too far away, Marquis is the closest hot tub store near us. We've owned one of their tubs for 22 years and recently purchased a new one. The installation of our tub went very smoothly and since then, we and our grandchildren have been enjoying it. We're totally satisfied.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have a Cal spa and I don't like Cal Spas at all. I couldn’t get any repair done unless I use their product. Now, I got a Marquis spa and I love it. All of its features are good. The Marquis team is also really good and I like working with them. The installation team did a really good job and they all built it one off, so I was happy with that. So if you're gonna get a spa, go through Marquis.

Original review: July 28, 2018

We've had several hot tubs in 26 years and have had nothing to repair on them. We have had this Marquis tub for about four years now and we've had to repair this particular one several times. But the dealer speaks to Marquis about this and orders the repairs for us all the time.

Original review: July 27, 2018

We liked the price and availability of Marquis, and the multi-levels for shorter people was a big driving factor to get the hot tub from them. The people who did the installation was great. It was a very easy and enjoyable experience. I'd buy another one if I went out today and I wouldn't consider buying a different brand.

Marquis Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Marquis makes hot tubs and, through its subsidiary Aquatic Training Vessels, swim spas. The company has been in business since 1980 and is headquartered in Independence, Oregon. All its hot tub are manufactured in the United States and are sold at dealerships throughout the country.

• Options: Marquis has dozens of hot tub models ranging from smaller two-person hot tubs to large hot tubs for up to eight people. Models come in square, rectangle, triangle and round shapes. These options let you choose the size and shape that best meets your needs.

• Filtration system: Marquis has two proprietary systems to keep the water in your spa clean: the ConstantClean water management system and SmartClean filtration system. These systems use ozone, natural minerals and bromine cartridges to sanitize water and eliminate odors.

• Ambiance options: You can choose a Marquis hot tub model with a variety of ambiance options to make your spa time more enjoyable. Options include LED lighting, WiFi audio systems, waterfalls and more.

• External accessories: Marquis manufactures and sells stairs and decks to put around your hot tub; they call these Marquis Environments. Environments make it easier to get in and out, offer storage and add to the appearance of your hot tub.

• Local dealers: You can buy Marquis hot tubs from dealers around the country. Visiting a local dealer means you’ll likely be able to see hot tubs in person before making your decision. Go to the Marquis website to find your local dealer.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Marquis Spas Company Information

1-800-275-0888
www.marquisspas.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business