4.69/5
Based on 293 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? From our Signature series tubs, Vector21 to our eSeries and Celebrity hot tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of hot tubs in order to help you find the one that is right for you. No matter the model, Marquis hot tubs can assure you will have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Contact us today to obtain more information!

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 23, 2018

294 Marquis Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 23, 2018

The Marquis happened to be the smallest hot tub at the time I was choosing so I went with it and it's my first hot tub. I've had it since the end of September. We use it once in a while and it works fine for me.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The Marquis Spas sales reps seemed to know their products. There was some miscommunication though about who was installing the tub. They led me to believe that as soon as my deck was built, they would get the tub right here. But it didn’t work that way. One didn’t know what the other one was doing or their schedule. But they installed the tub eventually. When I talked to the installer, he made a big effort and came out at 6 at night and installed it. I like my hot tub. I like the looks of it. I really like that it’s low profile. Also, it is well-insulated. I just had it on for the last month and I haven't noticed much increase in my electric bill, and I like that.

Original review: April 22, 2018

John and his crew did a great job marketing Marquis Spas' tub and selling it. They were also great installers. The tub is of good quality and is a lot better than our previous one. And controlling the jets and temperature on the Marquis tub seem to be a little easier to run.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We went to a dealer and they had several models on the floor. We just picked out Marquis, the one we liked. The installation went really well and the guys knew what they were doing. Their reps have been helpful all along and I still go back to them when I have questions. The tub was really nice and it feels really good on a cold night. We use it twice a week. Some weeks more, some weeks less depending on the weather. We've had it a year and so far, everything is working well and I'm happy with it.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We just moved and live in an apartment for 10 months so we left our old hot tub where we were and looked for a new one. I liked our older spa a lot but the price point was much too high for what I wanted to do. It was much more expensive. Marquis' sales rep knew her product. We like the product itself from a visual perspective. We thought the service was going to be good. I had worked with them a little bit in the past so I had good feelings about them as a company. During the installation, there was a little tube that came loose. They had to come back and fix that because we had a leakage issue where the water would have dropped six inches in the tub in two days.

I expected to not have to use as much chemicals and I’m using just as much chemicals as I did in my previous spa. There were that one of those expensive tubes you put in it and I thought because I was going to have those tubes of chemicals in it, that I wasn’t going to have to do with much into it. I had a foaming issue within two months where I didn’t know what happened. I’m a little surprised with the amount of chemicals that I have to use and that annoys me a bit because I have to put in chemicals in a lot more than I thought I would. But other than that, it’s been good so far. It’s a good spa.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: April 20, 2018

Marquis was displaying at the county fair and there was another vendor with a different brand of spa across the way. After we talked to them both and asked a lot of questions, we decided to go with Marquis because they're made here in the U.S., as well as other various reasons. The installers of the spa were great and answered all my questions. Moreover, getting it installed was really easy and fast. The hardest part was finding the right people to do the electrical and the right person to reinforce the deck. I didn't know enough or hadn't read the book enough before they got here to ask all the right questions. But eventually, between the spa vendor, and the book, I was able to figure things out. I was very happy with the installation.

We've had the spa for eight months and we love it. We're getting older and have various aches and pains. The spa has helped a lot with that. My wife has issues with her back more than I do and she uses the spa five times a week on average. We have it on the deck right outside our bedrooms and it looks nice. When the weather's nicer, it's nice to just sit out there. I'd tell friends that it's well-built and easy to maintain.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Marquis' tub is one of the best hot tubs I've ever used. I got one from them because of their reputation, warranty, and reviews. I've had it for 18 months and since I got it life has been a little more relaxing. I love it and I strongly recommend it.

Original review: April 19, 2018

The installation of my Marquis hot tub went smoothly, and I've had the tub for six months. I'd recommend the local dealership that sold my Marquis tub.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I had a Dream Maker but I love the Marquis. It’s much better and I had a great sales interaction. My son went along and the rep gave my son a lot of stuff like real toys in the store. They purchased it for him. We got a good deal on the tub, I stayed within budget and it was delivered. But when they delivered it, the outside shell had a couple of pieces broken on it. So I had to get some wood and replaced the wood on it but it was fine. It had to come in our house because it’s indoors and I use it two to three times a week. It’s great and I would recommend them.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We were at the retail store of Marquis tub and the people on there were helpful and friendly. We liked them best. We got the tub and the installer, Brent, did an awesome job. He was very informative and the experience has been easy experience from start to finish. And my wife and I were very surprised how much it has helped us. It's a great hot tub. We were happy that we purchased the tub.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We've had Marquis for some 20 years now. We just purchased a spa last fall and everything went fine with it. I've had a couple interactions with the local dealer through Marquis that I bought the spa from, as well as the service department from that same store because I was trying to understand the chemicals that I had with this new spa since it was different than the old one and I had a couple little malfunctions in the control panel. Their service department was good to work with and they were prompt in returning my call. It turned out just to be a simple type of a thing. But there could be some better work in terms of explaining how everything gets set up. I can’t even find out how many gallons of water the hot tub is.

The truck guy just delivered it into our yard and I get my way through it. Marquis should have sent somebody out to help me get it set up chemical-wise and explain it especially for a newbie. It was intimidating if you’ve never done it before and even if you have because they changed it. Other than that, I like the brand and their price is competitive. We shopped around before we bought it and it seems to be a dependable model.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We were at the fair and the Marquis Spas salesperson really took the time to explain to us the hot tub, which one would fit us and what was good about their product. And, they were the only ones that gave the honest truth so that we can make an informed decision. The Marquis team was very friendly and educated on the product and hot tubs in general. Most importantly, they were non-judgmental and treated us like anybody else. The installation of the tub was pretty good. They had three people working on the delivery and they were very careful. One person was overseeing it and he was explaining to me the entire steps and what the end result was gonna be. Then he took the time to go over everything about the hot tub with me.

I’ve been using the tub for eight months now and it's enjoyable. A lot of other hot tub manufacturers would tell you the health benefits and all that, but the Marquis guys were very upfront and said that it would be a lifestyle purchase and not therapeutic because you wanted to enjoy sitting, relaxing in a hot tub and having a quiet time with the family, and it definitely had been that. It's a quality product and as long as I follow the maintenance instructions and dedicate a little time to its upkeep, the hot tub is going to be great.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I like our Marquis hot tub. I got it about four months ago and the company that installed it was great. One of my kids was there when it was installed and he said that the installers were good. My wife mostly uses the tub and it has been in a good running condition so far.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We moved to a new town and we happened upon the Spa Brokers. They showed us Marquis and the other brands that they carry. We liked the features of the Marquis and decided to go with it. We have our tub for about eight months now and we enjoy it. We use it several times a week. The installation was very smooth. They showed up when they said they were going to show up. They brought the hot tub and they did have to carry it up some gravel, which was probably challenging for them, but they were successful in bringing it up the hillside by the side of our house. They put it right where it was going to be and filled it up. I would tell my friends that it's a quality spa and it works well. I would also tell them that our interaction with Spa Brokers, the store where we bought it, had been really good. They had been focused on customer satisfaction.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I've had this hot tub from Marquis Spas for two years now. The pool place delivered it and I installed it. They put it where I wanted it, they wired it, filled it with water and turned it on. Since having the tub, my family has been having fun with it. It's relaxing and nice. It's something for the family to do together. However, I had a valve that went bad. The pool store that I bought it from turned it in as a warranty. There was a piece of rubber that's glued to the valve and when you turn it for the water pumps, the rubber came off, came unglued from the valve itself and actually worked its way down the line to the waterfall. So I had to get that replaced. Nevertheless, I would tell a friend that it is a good product.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I had a Marquis before I bought the one I got last year. I have been with them for five years now. But I have not set the tub yet. I just had it delivered to the garage. I could not wait to get in this brand-new one that I bought but I got plans for the backyard where I’m going to put it. I got a carport I want to build for it in the back. I’m just waiting for the right time to get it put together. But I didn’t have any issues with the used one I had bought from the store here in Rapid. So I stayed with Marquis and I just replaced the old tub with another one. And If I ever had any issues, the guy down the store, Chris, was the one I usually dealt with. I bought both tubs from him. He went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of. The people at the store were very good with their customers.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I bought my Marquis Spa from a dealer last October. They hired someone to bring it out and I did not like them. He was rude and obnoxious. But I loved their crane operator. I was injured and I'm in it for five nights a week. It has been a lot helpful. I've already recommended them to several people and I have told them that it has great features. I told them where to buy it because I love the dealer that I bought it from and I love the spa.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Marquis Spas seemed to be the best tub that I saw on the market compared to jacuzzi, Sundance, Hot Springs, Clearwater, and Birch Bay for the dollar. I had a fantastic dealing with their sales rep and he presented himself great. I bought it in October of last year and I've used it just about every day. I love it and I wish I wasn't such a wussy and didn't care about being cold getting into it. But once I get in it, I'm fine. If a friend of mine asks me about Marquis Spas, I'd tell him it is the best tub on the market.

Original review: April 11, 2018

We go to a certain store where we purchase other stuff and we wanted to get a new hot tub. We got a Marquis and the lady we spoke to almost bent over backwards trying to make sure we were fine with everything. She explained everything to us and it was a really good experience. Moreover, the people who came to deliver it from the same store did a great job. They took off the old tub and put in the new. And I was able to see my deck underneath a little bit before they set the new one down. It's right outside of our patio door and I like where it is. Also, it has a built-in radio. We've had the Marquis hot tub since last August and we shipped off the old one to our daughter's place.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We love our Marquis hot tub. I had a different tub before and Marquis is 100% better with the way it's set up, all the controls for the various outlets it has, and the looks of it. I like the looks of it. You should buy one.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Our Marquis is a nice hot tub. It has lots of neat, little features and it is considerably better than our old one. Also, the installation done was good.

Original review: April 9, 2018

The Marquis tub that we have now is better than what we had previously. The first Marquis we got, which only lasted three months was not so good. The dealer realized that the side of the tub was collapsing and just what a serious a problem it was. We were afraid that the shower was gonna crack in two. The dealer stepped in and they fought with Marquis and told them that the tub was seriously wrong. So, they not only got us a brand new tub, they got us an upgrade from the middle line tubs to the signature line. So, we’re happy with things overall.

We've used Marquis for about six months now, with three months being the first one that collapsed and three more months on the current one. I worked with Patio Pools & Spas and they were fantastic for the installation of the new hot tub. Those guys were great and we love the new Marquis tub. We’ve had friends ask us about Marquis and we’d tell them that we love it. We’d also tell them that something went bad but Marquis made it right.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I chose Marquis over other companies because of its features and I have had it for less than a year. The installation of the hot tub was great. The company we bought it through came in, installed it and set it all up for us. However, since the installation my wife has been struggling to get it where it needs to be as far as chemicals go. We're trying to get the chemical compounds correctly. It's been almost a year and we're still struggling with getting the right combination. I would tell my friends and family members to have due diligence and to do their homework on Marquis.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We've owned our Marquis hot tub for two years now and I like its quality. I liked the dealer, too, and the installation was excellent. I had a problem with the tub in the past month and I just called them about a week ago. I have someone coming out on Wednesday this week to try to fix the problem. The hot tub has been a tremendous way to relax and it helped with the stiffness of old age. It’s a very enjoyable thing to have and I'd highly recommend Marquis.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My experience with the vendor, the purchase and installation of my Marquis Spa had been great. The vendor we purchased Marquis from assisted us. We use the tub twice a month. However, I've had problems with the product itself. I've had valves that failed within a year. Whenever my pumps run, my waterfall runs. There was a little piece of rubber that was attached to that tiny little piece that goes inside the valve at the top which turns the waterfall on and off. It has fallen off so I've had my waterfall and it is still right now because I need to replace the valve again for the second time. If a friend asked me about Marquis I would tell them that they might want to do the research a little bit more and that is to make sure that it is the product they are really interested in.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I've had the Marquis hot tub for a year and a half now. I liked its cost and it has the jets and stuff that the other ones did. The retailer installed the tub and everything went as expected. It’s nice to relax in it and I'd recommend it. Take a look at Marquis Spas. It is good for the cost.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Marquis Spas was convenient. We liked its location, price, and we found the tub that met the characteristics that we wanted. Our hot tub installation went without a hitch, and the people that we bought it from were very excellent. We’ve only had our Marquis for a year and we were gone all winter, so we've barely used it but we find it very fine.

Original review: April 6, 2018

After doing research and speaking with the people at the store, I decided to go with Marquis Spas. Their installers were great with everything and they even came back when something wasn’t right to fix it. They had the wrong cover bracket, so they replaced it. I have the tub for about six months now and I and most of the people that have been in it love it. People should get a spa from there if they could or at least look at them.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I found Marquis Spa on a showroom and their competent team installed one of their spas for me last year. There was something I called back for some service that I was ignored by the folks who installed it. But we figured it out and the spa has worked well and then I haven't had major issues with it. I use it on occasion in the last summer.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Marquis is our first hot tub. Their team was helpful and the installation was great. We've had the tub for 8 months and we've had some extra date nights as a result. We're very satisfied with our experience with Marquis.

Marquis Spas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Marquis makes hot tubs and, through its subsidiary Aquatic Training Vessels, swim spas. The company has been in business since 1980 and is headquartered in Independence, Oregon. All its hot tub are manufactured in the United States and are sold at dealerships throughout the country.

• Options: Marquis has dozens of hot tub models ranging from smaller two-person hot tubs to large hot tubs for up to eight people. Models come in square, rectangle, triangle and round shapes. These options let you choose the size and shape that best meets your needs.

• Filtration system: Marquis has two proprietary systems to keep the water in your spa clean: the ConstantClean water management system and SmartClean filtration system. These systems use ozone, natural minerals and bromine cartridges to sanitize water and eliminate odors.

• Ambiance options: You can choose a Marquis hot tub model with a variety of ambiance options to make your spa time more enjoyable. Options include LED lighting, WiFi audio systems, waterfalls and more.

• External accessories: Marquis manufactures and sells stairs and decks to put around your hot tub; they call these Marquis Environments. Environments make it easier to get in and out, offer storage and add to the appearance of your hot tub.

• Local dealers: You can buy Marquis hot tubs from dealers around the country. Visiting a local dealer means you’ll likely be able to see hot tubs in person before making your decision. Go to the Marquis website to find your local dealer.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs