It's that easy Request Information
4.62/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? From our Signature series tubs, Vector21 to our eSeries and Celebrity hot tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of hot tubs in order to help you find the one that is right for you. No matter the model, Marquis hot tubs can assure you will have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Contact us today to obtain more information!

531 Marquis Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Getting our Marquis tub through the side of our house was a little tough. Even so, their installers twisted and turned it and eventually got it into our backyard. Thereafter, they got it sitting on the slab where it is right now. Since getting the tub, I've found that Marquis is a hundred times better than my previous hot tub brands. I like the therapeutic part of the tub's jets. My wife and I get into it and settle our aches and paints. The jets are so powerful and we can move them wherever we want. Those have really helped us a lot. Having the spa has made our life more pleasant. My wife uses it every day. It's the best spa we've ever had and I would recommend this brand.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I like the Marquis brand a lot and have been using them for a year now as our hot tub provider. I know the Marquis salespeople and I trusted them. The installation of the tub was 100% easy and the team that came out was super friendly and very personable. The Marquis hot tub is very helpful for relaxing and reform. So, coming in and getting in the hot tub has been really nice. It is much better than a swimming pool. Swimming pool takes a lot more work. The Marquis tub is for ease and has minimal requirements to do stuff. I just put the cartridges in and just go. The tub is excellent and it comes with good directions.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

When we went to Luther Stem Pools & Spas, we liked the way that Marquis spa looked. I like that Marquis Spas is made in the USA and their craftsmanship is very nice. The installation which took a few hours and that went very smoothly was composed of very knowledgeable and courteous team. The tub is a nice thing to have for relaxation and muscle aches and pains and we have been using it for a year. I highly recommend Marquis especially the aromatherapy.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We brought our Marquis hot tub, the installers came and they installed it. I helped them out a little bit. The tub has been a tremendous asset, especially in the winter time. We’ve seen other hot tubs and our tub has exactly what we needed. The jets were very level and the pressure is great.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We love Marquis. The installation team was helpful and the installation of the hot tub went easily. The place where the filter is screwed in broke off but we got that little part and it was fine. We enjoy the tub and we use it almost every single day. Marquis Spas is a winner and we're very pleased with it. We like the floating chemical thing, that really helps to keep the tub clean. Everybody should have a Marquis tub.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The Marquis tub has been much more comfortable than our old tub. I like the fact that it's nice and deep. It doesn’t take many gallons to fill up and I just recommended it to one of my clients. However, keeping the water balanced is much more difficult. My Marquis tub has all these bells and whistles about infrared or special filtering system, which is twice as much compared to what the other tub had. But the water would stay balanced a lot longer on the other tub. My husband has to check our Marquis tub every single day which is a big pain in the **. I was just out there this morning and I told him that the water is smelly again. I had to load up with chlorine and then add alkalinity. It's much harder to maintain than the other hot tub that we've had.

The company that I worked with during the installation was great but I had a little bit of difficult time in the beginning because the company that sold it to me didn’t want to service it because I'm in New York State. I kinda had to fight with them a little bit and say, "Look, I just want you to service what's under warranty just for the one year in case anything happens," which nothing did. So they finally agreed and what happened was somebody from the company called me, who actually lived nearby, and said if I had any issues I could call him directly. He was very nice. So overall, Marquis is still the best hot tub for me but they should work on the filtering system.

Marquis Spas response

Thank you for purchasing one of our hot tubs. We are a bit confused about because we do not offer an infrared purification system. No matter what purification system is in any hot tub, they all require the use of small amounts of chlorine or bromine. There is no standalone system that does not use some kind of sanitizer to help make sure the spa is purified. If you have questions about how to be sure your hot tub is purified and safe to use please contact our customer service department.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My old pool electrocuted itself on a short and blew up. I got a Marquis hot tub and the reps were accommodating. I like my Marquis hot tub and the controls are easy to use like my old one. I have a pool service taking care of it and they're doing their own chemicals in it which keeps the tub nice. Every two weeks, they come and check it. I'm more willing to use the tub every morning now that it's nice, new and maintained. It's a nice product and I'm happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I like my Marquis hot tub and I couldn't get by without it. It's also a little better than my old brand as it has more forced air. The delivery and the installation were excellent and the people who did it was superb. We put in chemicals to keep it balanced and we change the water out every 45 to 60 days. We clean the filters at the same time and then change them out in six to nine months. But I'm a little disappointed that the knobs freeze up and I can't turn them. There have been half a dozen knobs that used to turn and they don't anymore. But it's a very good hot tub and I use it every day that I'm home.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I have been using our Marquis hot tub for 15 months now and I would tell everyone to get one, but that would depend on how they handle the LCD screen ‘cause mine is breaking down. Wet Pool & Spas did a nice job installing it. I like the layout. The tub is good for relaxation and having it has a good impact on my life.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I have had the Marquis hot tub for 14 months now. I got a price from a dealer down in Florida and after the lady explained what was involved, like the delivery, she worked with the price to get it. I did the installation and the wiring and while the set up was fine, they just gave me the booklet and then left. From a dealer standpoint though, my experience was just fair. Since I have never owned a pool, it took me six months to understand the chemicals and how to set it up and run it properly.

In fact, the start-up guide from the dealer was lacking some information. But I'm very happy with the spa itself. I was fine picking out the color and the cover. It was exactly what I wanted and I was very pleased with the tub. Also, I never had issues dealing with Marquis directly. They were one of the few that had different options and selections. And the price is about right for what you got from a value standpoint. However, some of the accessories that they add on was a bit pricey. Marquis even sells something called MicroSilk. I've seen it first hand at the dealership and I thought it was a sales gimmick. I was going to get it initially cause the brochure said that it was the greatest thing. But in reality, I didn't see it being a beneficial thing.

And although I would recommend Marquis and get back to them, they need to have their own initial start-up program. The dealer gave a whole start-up kit, but what was missing was the directions. Even though I filled the tub with water and then tested the pH, and then added the spa shock followed by the oxidizer, the part that was missing was once you had it set up, how would you maintain it?

When the thing changes color and goes cloudy, you ask what happened and there was nothing after that. The other thing is the Frog system that they gave me has minerals and bromine cartridges. And after I sat at the same dealership and talked to these people for hours and hours, I found out a year later that I shouldn't be mixing bromine with chlorine. At the very least, it would be nice for Marquis to make recommendations and show how to set everything up. And if they're going to sell spa stuff, at least, tell the people how to maintain it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

The gentleman who we dealt with in the store was fantastic. We looked at a few other places and a few other options, but realistically, the level of service and individual care that he gave us was the tipping point. We got the Marquis tub and the guys who came to install were fantastic too. They pointed out that it should be installed in a particular way instead of another and it was fine. It was something with how it was gonna face and it was a very good suggestion. We enjoy the tub now and if someone is considering Marquis, then look into it seriously but I would have no reservation recommending it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

We replaced the Marquis Spa the house had when we purchased it and the dealer did a very good job. Also, the installation went very well. The tub is very nice to have and its quality is good. Marquis performs as advertised.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

When the tub was installed, the techs came out, took my old one away, put my new one in, and lickety-split, it was done. Even though some of the stuff were going to be come out of warranty like my lights, and they kept failing and Marquis sent the wrong parts at one point, they said, “Don’t worry. We’ll take care of you. It doesn’t matter whether it goes out of warranty. You’ve started it while it was in warranty. We’ll help you out.” However, I would never buy Marquis again and never refer anybody to buy a Marquis because the lower end hot tub is overpriced and has design flaws that if you stick with them, you would have an awful tub. It has a lot of jets and you could almost adjust the jets to what you want, but there are so many design flaws on the tub that I wish I never bought it.

The whole tub has curved corners, which is fine. But you have to put the lift arm, the piece of metal that lid slips onto and goes back, frontwards to get all the screws under the side of the tub so it could hold the weight of the lid. But the problem is, then the lid is not perpendicular to the ground and it leans over the actual hot tub. So, if you’re seated in any of the backseats, you can’t have your head straight up and down, much less lean your head back a little bit. So, the techs had to come back and slide it back a little bit. One or two of the screws would have to be screwed in the tub, and the lid is still not perpendicular to the ground.

Even the workers said because the tub is rounded in the back, it would be much better if it had a different lift arm. And then, at the beginning, all my wood sides were popping off because it has a little piece of the metal with holes to on either side that just screw the wood siding to hold them together. But the tub uses an 8th inch or 3/16 in screw, less than a 16 inch in diameter, so it doesn’t bite in to hold the wood parts all the way around the tub together. But Patio Pleasures was awesome. They fixed it. They worked very hard during multiple trips dealing with everything.

All the other people have to do is change the lift arms so they don’t have the lid hanging over your tub or your head. It should be back like my Advanced spa had it way back. You can’t even put your arm up on the back of the tub if you’re sitting in one of the corners and have it hang down a bit over the lift down to the side because the lid is there, because you can’t take it back anymore or you won’t have enough screws to hold the whole lift arm and to hold the lid off.

Marquis Spas response

We are happy to hear that your dealer is providing the kind of customer service we expect from our dealers. There are many options of cover lifts and it sounds like the one you have is not working for you. Please contact your dealer who can discuss options on a different lift that will work on the hot tub you have chosen. It also sounds like the cover lift may be affecting the skirt if it has come loose. Most manufactures do not use the metal strips that we install in our spas for added support. We use them so that in 20 years the skirt is still in as good of shape as when you purchased the hot tub. As always, we are here to help so please be sure to contact our customer service department if you cannot resolve the issue through your local dealer.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I bought a new Marquis spa for my house not too long ago. I bought from Marquis because like some others companies, they have been around a long time that I know I will be able to get parts later on. Toman’s is the best around here and they did a great job installing the my tub.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

When we were looking around, Marquis had the easiest way to maintain the tub. However, I’ve had problems with the tub itself. Marquis had to replace a circuit board. I'm going in to see the reps today for some new chemicals and talk to them because I don’t know if one of the sections is still working properly. But we got the tub for medical reasons and it has been great.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Marquis Spas is a very good brand. The installation team was very professional and efficient. The tub was installed upstairs on my balcony, making the installation a lot more challenging but they did a great job. I have been using the hot tub for a year and a half now and it is good for relaxation. It is very easy to maintain and well worth the money.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My husband and I are both engineers and we researched all the different spas and looked at reviews. We got Marquis because of the quality for one thing and also because they were made in Oregon. We really like the hot tub. However, my husband has found that he can't use it as much because he has eczema and other skin issues. Even though the water chemistry is balanced, it still irritates his skin. But for both of us, even though he has those issues, the tub is still a very relaxing way to end the day. We usually go in there and either look at the stars or read books.

When people say they're gonna buy one, I just tell them that they really need to look at the Marquis because they're a great quality. However, Marquis recommends to add all this extra stuff, like for water chemistry and then about a year into owning the spa we finally realized that we shouldn’t be adding either of those and then the water chemistry was perfect. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend Marquis. It's enjoyable and easy to own their tub.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The Marquis dealer knew the product well. The tub does everything I need. Also, it has more bells and whistles than my other one did. The other one was just a basic round one. My wife was there for the installation and it was easy. It’s three-person tub. The installers plugged it in and they were gone. I’m happy with the product. I’ve been using it three or four times a week and I find it relaxing and enjoyable. It works and I recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

A friend looked up the Marquis hot tub online and it was on sale, so I bought one. It was cheap at $5,000. The tub was delivered and I helped put it in the backyard. The installation team was awesome. They're nice and friendly people. I like my hot tub and I sit in there for a few minutes every day. I'm old and it helps my joints. I would tell people to buy a Marquis hot tub.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I got a hot tub from Marquis Spas and it was a good shape for my small yard. The quality is great and I have no issues with it.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We were shopping around everybody that carried different hot tubs and it seemed that the quality of the Marquis hot tubs was a little bit better than the rest of them. We love the tub that we got but the only problem that we have was that the control panel on top has been fogged up ever since the beginning and that's not supposed to do it. We talked to a rep personally and they made a different unit specifically for us and it's starting to do the same thing again. But they are taking care of it. With the newer models, the control panel is no longer available and there's no way to retrofit the new into the old one because of the shape. But other than that, everybody was good to work with and the quality of the tub is really nice.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I bought a house that had a hot tub that was probably put in in 1979. It was huge with the gas heater and I have no idea what the brand on that thing was. I knew they didn’t manufacture the heater anymore because my spa people had to jerry-rig a bunch of parts and pieces. It has stopped working, but I now have my Marquis. I bought it from Fireside where I worked and they were very good because there were some challenges including the insurance company. Also, they had to take the old hot tub out so we could tear down the deck. And then they had to come back again to put the hot tub on the deck once the deck was built. They were wonderful and very customer-focused.

I had no idea when my old one went out because I haven’t had any experience with hot tubs before. Marquis called my tub plug and play. The heater is built-in. They just walk up and set it on my deck, whereas my other one was built-in down below because it was done a long time ago. I said, “Wow. You’re kidding me.” And they said, “No. You don’t even have to hardwire.” But they suggested that I did so I had my electrician do it. I literally could just plug it in like a vacuum. I’m very pleased with the way the tub functions and the way it looks. I like the size. I have that little triangular one and I love it because I can stretch out. Also, it has lots of jets while my other one didn’t. I go in it every morning and it’s a delight.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have two Marquis. I have been with them for a year and a half with the new one and I’m gonna be five years with the other one. My salesman was awesome. He followed up with me 30 days after I got it to see if everything’s okay. Having the new tub installed has been great. The team at Marquis showed up on time and they were very efficient, professional, and got the job done. I’m not using the tub as much now. It is more like a weekend thing. Nonetheless, my experience with Marquis has been great.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The Marquis hot tub is the first one I've ever had and I love it. It was available at the time that I was looking for a tub and when I went to the place selling them, I was impressed with the product. Also, Marquis seems to be an honest and reputable business and the rep I talked with was excellent. There was also one person at the front desk who remembered who I was and he helped me get some extra products and so it was great.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The style of the Marquis tub that I got only put two people in it since we just wanted a smaller unit that fit our space. The Marquis rep told me at Valley Home Spas that she was gonna come up and give us a demonstration but she never contacted me to do that. But since I've had a hot tub before, it’s not a huge deal. We know what was going on and I did all the installation. We already had the place set up and designed for the new tub. We just had to pull the old one and put the new one in. Our Marquis tub is a nice little unit that we get to use more during wintertime and less during summertime.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My son-in-law told me to get the smallest hot tub I can get from Marquis and everything has been fine. It is my first hot tub and the quality is very good.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The installation for my Marquis tub went wonderfully and the installers did a great job. It’s a good hot tub and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have a small space to put a tub in so there weren’t a lot of choices and Marquis's quality was a bit better than the others so I went with them. I installed the base and then the Marquis reps did the rest of it. It’s very relaxing to use. The kids use it after surfing so it’s been very good. It’s a nice thing to have. You just plug it in and it works fine and it has been low maintenance so far. Overall, Marquis is a good product.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have had such a wonderful experience working with Gary on my son's Make a Wish Hot Tub. Gary was compassionate, articulate, and steered me in a direction that has made our lives immeasurably easier and better. We have a hard life - our son has a terminal illness - and his Make a Wish hot tub/spa is just about his only quality of life left. Gary made sure our spa was fixed and made phone calls to local dealers to ensure we were treated fairly and respectfully. Dealing with Gary was an absolute pleasure and our family is so grateful that he truly cares and will go the extra mile for customers.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We've really enjoyed using our Marquis hot tub. My husband is unable to walk and back when he could walk, he used to sit in the tub all the time. We know he missed that, so we had gotten the three-person Marquis tub. He has rheumatoid arthritis and soaking in a warm tub is heaven to him. For somebody like him, it's very challenging to get him into the hot tub because of the seating space. It could be made more convenient for people with walking problems who aren't stable. It would be nice if there would be a place where he could sit and then swivel to turn around and stand up in the tub and then lower. We have the hand thing, but it would be nice if there was something to make it easier for him to sit down in it.

We were looking for something that was easy to set up. We conveniently had the plug right there, as well as the hose to fill it about three feet away. We picked a brand that would have convenience. We're not party people. It was just going to be my husband or me, two people. So the first criteria was that it was gonna be a small tub. It also had to fit on my deck and take as minimal space as possible. The triangular shape of the hot tub was really good. There are two-people ones that are rectangular, however, he wants to spread his legs out and that meant that only he would be able to get in it then. The rectangular ones are smaller, but then if you spread out your feet, you'd be invading the space of the person sitting right beside you.

I thought about walk-in tubs, but they don't work so well. They cost twice as much as this tub did because you have to install it in your bathroom and your bathroom has to be remodeled for it. Plus, if you're in a walk-in tub and something comes up, you can't get out of it. It can take about 20 minutes for it to empty, letting you open the door to get out of it. It's not easy, but I can get him out of the hot tub. Our hot tub had different level seats, which I like. It had the deep seat, the medium seat, and the higher seat. I use that to help him get out. My husband likes to sit in the deepest seat, but I can't get him up. He can't do that by himself so I just transfer him from the deep seat to the next deepest one to the highest one to stand him up. That's where other handle for him to grab a hold to stand up would be nice. I would definitely recommend Marquis.

Marquis Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company makes hot tubs and, through its subsidiary Aquatic Training Vessels, swim spas. The company has been in business since 1980 and is headquartered in Independence, Oregon. All its hot tub are manufactured in the United States and are sold at dealerships throughout the country.

• Options: Marquis has dozens of hot tub models ranging from smaller two-person hot tubs to large hot tubs for up to eight people. Models come in square, rectangle, triangle and round shapes. These options let you choose the size and shape that best meets your needs.

• Filtration system: Marquis has two proprietary systems to keep the water in your spa clean: the ConstantClean water management system and SmartClean filtration system. These systems use ozone, natural minerals and bromine cartridges to sanitize water and eliminate odors.

• Ambiance options: You can choose a Marquis hot tub model with a variety of ambiance options to make your spa time more enjoyable. Options include LED lighting, WiFi audio systems, waterfalls and more.

• External accessories: Marquis manufactures and sells stairs and decks to put around your hot tub; they call these Marquis Environments. Environments make it easier to get in and out, offer storage and add to the appearance of your hot tub.

• Local dealers: You can buy Marquis hot tubs from dealers around the country. Visiting a local dealer means you’ll likely be able to see hot tubs in person before making your decision. Go to the Marquis website to find your local dealer.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Marquis Spas Company Information