4.67/5
Based on 197 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? From our Signature series tubs, Vector21 to our eSeries and Celebrity hot tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of hot tubs in order to help you find the one that is right for you. No matter the model, Marquis hot tubs can assure you will have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Contact us today to obtain more information!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 11, 2018

197 Marquis Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I didn't enjoy the pressure tactics like, "This is the price if you act today" and that the salespeople wanted me to give them cash right then and there. I got the tub in September. I did all the prep work first such as pouring a concrete slab and running the electrical. Then the installers came and dropped the tub in place. I got the Epic and it's a very therapeutic spa. My favorite part is the high-flow jets. There's 260 gallons per minute jets and the other is 60 gallons per minute. Those really make a difference. There are a lot of hot tubs where the jets are very small that don’t really move the water and makes you feel itchy, but this tub kicks my butt and loosens me up, so it's a fantastic tub. Marquis Spas is my first hot tub, and it is amazing. I love it and will recommend the tub 10 out of 10.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My old brand and Marquis tub are apples and oranges. Marquis is 20 years newer, it has lights and stereo, has more powerful jets and is more comfortable. I bought it from Pomin's Hot Tubs in Tahoe City and they did a good job with the installation. Having it had a dramatic impact on my life. It's really good because the jets are super strong so it really eases the muscles. However, the fit and finish should be higher in quality for the tub's price. I noticed that the panels that go around the outside of the tub are probably a higher grade plastic but it is plasticky-looking and it bulges out of the tub so it doesn't look as good for the price I paid. Other than that, it was a good buy and I'd do it again.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Marquis had everything we wanted. We got the one that has two waterfalls in the back with scattered lights with the talking chair. It's a really nice one and the lightings are beautiful. We love it. Their installers brought the tub around the house and onto the slab we had laid for it. It was amazing how fast it takes. I couldn’t believe they were able to get it from the truck to the slab and get everything going, and the water started in it and hooked up. I was impressed.

Also, the staff at the showroom in Bluffs is absolutely fabulous. We had to go out with questions on new products that we read about and would this be better for it. They told us that if that’s what we want to do, we have to wait until we drain it like we're supposed to do a couple of times a year. So, we did that and we like the new products that we got. We went with the chloride this time and it's really nice. The tub was a little overpriced, but we're really impressed with the installation and the service that we got from the store and the quality of it. Marquis Spas has an absolutely wonderful feature and I like how easy it is to use. And, the top that came with it is easy for even me at my age to be able to take off by myself if I have to. So that’s a nice piece, too. We've recommended it already to people.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We had a second-hand spa before that was much smaller and it was a starter used model. The Marquis tub was much better and we've been happy with what we have. The installation of our new tub went easy. Then, we had to call the electrician and they hooked it up. But it was a little bit tricky learning how to do all the chemicals and stuff because I haven't done that before and still not sure that I have figured that part out.

It would have been a little bit nicer if they had somebody who knows what he's doing come over and run through all the buttons and all the chemicals. But the basic installation wasn’t a problem. Also, the team has been fine. They’ve been helpful. I can take my water in and they’ll test it free of charge and tell me what I need to do to it. I called them over the phone a few times because I had no idea what I was doing and they told me what should be done. Overall, it's been a good experience. They're enjoyable, and they helped us out with some of our aches and pains.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

We had a hot tub when we lived in Washington up next to the Canadian border over by Idaho. Our average temperature there for six months out of the year was zero or below and that hot tub never raised our electric bill over $20 a month during summer or winter. It was so well insulated and we used it year round. When we moved to Scottsburg, my fiancé picked the Marquis Spas. We live by the coast where our temperature gets down to 38 degrees but the Marquis tub has raised our bill from $96 a month to $185 last month. It has no insulation.

Dennis, the guy from the outlet store that sold it to us, came out and checked it because I was unhappy with it and its performance. It was running all the time and doing strange things. When he took the cover off, there was one tiny thin piece of aluminum foil that is used for insulation. I told him it was ridiculous, but he said that it was supposed to be super-duper space age insulation. They can't just throw a piece of foil in it and have air at the top and at the bottom. It flops around in there and it's loose. That is not insulation and I would not recommend the Marquis tub because of that. The tub should have insulation that keeps the air out and we’re going to insulate it ourselves. Also, the weather is warming up now and I'll see what our next bill is.

Other than the electric bill issue, we enjoy using the hot tub and my interactions with the Marquis team were all right. Dennis doesn’t ever get back to me unless I nag him a little but he came out when I called him and answered my questions. He’s also been really good in helping us because we’re on well water and we had a tough time getting the chemical thing down right. But we finally have that under control. I've talked to the people at the factory, too, and everybody was helpful over the phone. There were some things that they couldn’t do anything about but they answered my questions.

Marquis Spas response
We are happy to hear that our dealer has been responsive to you and that your hot tub is running well. The foil wrap insulation is what is used in the majority of hot tubs in the industry. It really is a very good insulator but you are correct that foam fill is even better. That’s why we offer fully foamed units as an option in our midlevel hot tubs and comes standard in the upper end line of products. I think that adding insulation is a great idea and you will probably see better efficiency and your tub will likely be a little quieter.

Marquis

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I liked Marquis Spas' ergonomics and more than anything, we liked the arrangement of the seats as the recliner positions were not super low. One of my wife's complaints about another spa she had previously was that it was reclining low so she'd float up too easily. The Marquis spa has you sit up more upright and their recliner seats seemed to be designed better. We worked with Premium Hot Tubs and they have excellent service. The tub was installed quickly and efficiently. The installers did a good job setting it up. We use the spa at least a couple of times a week. It's very relaxing and we enjoy it a lot. We love our tub and I highly recommend it. As a matter of fact, we already did because one of our neighbors bought one too.

Although, I have one easy design suggestion on the jets on the hot tub as I’m always turning the jets higher to get the most pressure of the water that comes out every time I use the tub. They turn on their own so the pressure of the water that comes out makes them turn involuntarily. But for some reason, they keep reverting down. If Marquis could make it a clickable type of option so that it would stay in place and not move, that would be a great feature to have.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We were looking for a spa and Marquis had the features that we were interested in. We got a hot tub from them and the installation went well. We were pleased with the installer. The tub is relaxing and it helps with the joints. It's been a good experience. I would definitely recommend Marquis to others.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I dealt with Colley Pools and the lady we worked with was very helpful and knowledgeable. She didn't bash other companies and she stuck to what the pros of buying a Marquis tub were. And I wasn't pressured. They were very much about promoting the Marquis tub and just letting me, the consumer, make my decision. Also, getting it installed was painless and easy. The installers were very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.

The tub's quality and reasonable cost for the features that it had gave it value. The version we bought didn't have a lot of extra bells and whistles but we weren’t looking for that. We were looking for the jets, the comfort level, and its therapeutic level. The tub is well-built and durable. The winters can be rough here in Western New York but my friends who have the Marquis tubs have not had any problems with it.

The tub has been awesome and relaxing. It's such a therapeutic piece of equipment to have at the house and I look forward to using it in the evening. It relieves the stress physically and then with that, the mental stress eases away, at least for that time that I'm sitting in the tub. In addition, it has a minor impact on utilities and cost of chemicals for upkeep. It's a good purchase and I would definitely recommend Marquis to any friends or family.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I’ve seen Marquis around in various places we had stayed over the years. There was a barbecue and spa place locally here in Redding at the Mt. Shasta Mall, Shasta BBQ & Spa. They had Marquis products and they looked really good. I also buy my chemicals from them. They were very helpful and wonderful. We've had our Marquis tub since July. The local dealer came and delivered it. They answered any questions we had and helped us with the chemical set-up. We had a licensed electrician come in and set it up at 220 and set in the breaker. It went pretty smoothly and the hardest part was actually cropping the area.

Having a hot tub has been really life-changing as far as my level of back pain and things that I was experiencing beforehand. It’s been a wonderful experience and everything was really pretty straightforward. I wish the digital display could be a little bit more straightforward though, as far as getting to the different functions. It’s a very simple, basic display. Other than that, I love my Marquis tub and everybody should have one.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I bought a copper hot tub from Marquis Spa six months ago and the people I bought it from said it was the top of the line. When it was installed, the installation went well and their installers were excellent. My children and grandchildren love it, and it helped my husband who has rheumatoid arthritis. We live out in the woods and we situated it in a completely different fashion. It’s very functional, looks very cool and beautiful to look at. I’m very satisfied with it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I have a Marquis Spas tub for six months now, which is a 120-volt tub that I wanted and was a clearance model in stores. Everyone at Marquis was good to me, helped me as much as they could, and answered all the questions I needed. When the hot tub was installed, everything went smooth. We had it delivered then we plugged it in, filled it up and we were good to go. I use it three times a week but it’s cold right now so I don’t go out there too much. It’s a nice hot tub and it has a good price.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My wife has a lot of back pain and she’s got some fibromyalgia issues with pain and stuff. We were at Prince Pools and we saw Marquis Spa. We ordered one and set up the time for them to come and install it. We had to have an electrical box system run out from our pumphouse for the pool, but everything went off smoothly. They came right out, installed it and got everything set up. We’ve had the tub for eight months now and it's better than our old one. It has a lot more bells and whistles on it and it really helps my wife. I’m very happy with the tub and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

My other tub was old so the Marquis is a much nicer tub. However, it's been a rough experience for me because I wanted to have a brand-new tub and not have any problems. I’ve had my Marquis since September of 2016. The installation was fine and my interaction with the installation team was all good. The delivery was quick and there was no problem with the setup. The problem with the tub was when it was delivered, it had water in the bottom, and that water had been sitting there long enough to grow some kind of bacteria in it called biofilm. It was white slime and the regular hot tub chemicals could not kill it so it took eight months of dumping the tub every month. The water would last about two weeks and then start showing this stuff again.

The installation people tried lots of different things and they put a whole bunch of chlorine. They overloaded it with something and that finally took care of the problem but the chlorine damaged things in the tub. It damaged the cover, all the buttons, all the pillows and even the gel code. There's an area in the tub where the installer poured it in and got it on the tub above the water line that is now white instead of brown like the tub. It's a giant headache. I got it in September so I was dumping the tub every month. Last year, we had a terrible winter so it was five to ten degrees outside when I was dumping the tub and trying to keep it warm enough to refill it. Other things were damaged and it's been a big problem.

The people that sold me that tub were great but the problem is I've got a damaged tub now and I paid almost $10,000 for it. I haven't even gotten back to them about it because this was the first run of three or four months without having any problem with my water. It did something weird again recently so I dumped it again on Saturday. I got to use the tub for three or four months without an issue. We didn’t get to use the tub the first six or eight months because the water would be okay for a couple of weeks and then we'd start seeing stuff again. Overall I'm disappointed in the whole process. The tub should be replaced. I went back to where the tub was delivered and had water in it. They told me that it's normal because they test them at the factory. I'm dissatisfied and it's been a bad year for us. The tub's cool but I had all these particular problems and I ended up with a damaged tub that works.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Marquis is a good and reliable spa, and I have two of their tubs. I bought the first one five years ago and I got another one about six months ago. The installers did what they said they were going to do and everything worked fine. I get in the tub about twice a week with my wife and we enjoy it. We have one up in our mountain house as well.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I went to a store and saw what Marquis had. I looked at everything that was there in the showroom and Marquis was the one that looked best for features and size with regards to hot tubs. My wife was interested with their product so I purchased one from them and she's happy. The installation went fairly well. There was a sound system in it that malfunctioned within the first two weeks, and we had to have support come out. It was a faulty circuit board that had to be replaced. But, other than that, it has been a good experience with Marquis.

Marquis Spas response
Thank you for the review. We know that any problem with one of our products is a big problem to the person who just spent many thousands of dollars for it. We are happy to hear that our independent dealer is fulfilling your warranty requirements. If there comes a time when you feel that you are not getting the service you need please contact us directly.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I've had my Marquis tub for seven months now. The tub is built like a tank and it’s got powerful jets. It doesn’t have a modern look to it, though. It was installed for us and installation went flawlessly. However, I had issues with the filters and it broke off. I was a little disappointed about it because we haven't had the spa that long. But I called the dealer who called Marquis and dealt with it for me. They sent someone out and they didn’t charge me for that. However, they charge me for new filters. They said that they called Marquis, and Marquis said, “When you install them, you’re not supposed to install them snug.” They're supposed to do a quarter turn loose and no one instructed me to do it that way so they broke off. Other than that, since having the hot tub, I’m enjoying it and I’ve been using it a couple times a week. It’s good for working out with sore muscles.

Marquis Spas response
We are happy to hear that our dealer has taken care of you and helped you solve the issue with the filter. The instructions in the owner’s manual may not be as clear as they should be concerning overtightening the filter and we will address that in our next revision. Thank you for the information.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We really like our Marquis Spa a lot and would recommend it. The only thing I have against it is when their installers came, they hooked everything up and just left. They did a good installation and told us a couple of little things. However, they didn't explain them very well. They didn't tell a whole lot on upkeep. They just ran through a few things really quick and that was it. They should have made sure we understood, showed us exactly how to do it, and then we would be okay. This is a whole spa that we have, so we’ve got to figure out everything and know what we're doing.

Other than that, our grandkids came and the first thing they want to do is go in the hot tub. My husband then checked it before they got up there and it's all cloudy and he couldn't figure out why. I told him that he might have put in the wrong amount of chemicals, but he insisted he did it just like he always does. It was the only time he said anything to me about it. We've had a spa before and we never had any problems like this.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I fixed my house up and built a new deck on the back just for a hot tub. My doctor recommended me getting one because of neck injuries. I got a Marquis spa and since the spot for the tub was already prepared, the installation took less than an hour. I wasn't paying any attention when they were telling me about the chemicals as I was too excited about getting in. So, for the first couple of months, I was nervous in not knowing how to do the chemicals and how much to do it. One time it got really foggy and I thought that I wasn't doing something right, so I took a sample of the water to where I bought it and they told me what to do. Now that I got it figured out, I find it to be very simple and really easy.

I love my Marquis spa and I miss it when I'm travelling. When I'm home, I jump in it every morning after I get up and make a cup of coffee. And I'm also in it when I get home from work. The guy I buy chemicals from told me I'm getting too much chemicals and asked how often I use the spa. I told him that I use it 4-5 times a day and he said, "No wonder." So, I'm getting my money's worth out of it. When I fill it up, it takes over a full day to warm because I have a 110. To me, my tub is a personal thing and I don't want a lot of people in it. My parents got in it but I don't want my neighbors and friends jumping in it. I keep it because it's my body and my body chemicals that's in it so I don't share it with anybody. And then, I recommended Marquis Spas to my friend and told him that the tub is the best thing for my neck, and he also bought one two months ago.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My rheumatologist suggested that I start using a hot tub for my arthritis. We looked up the closest dealer, we went there, and they had a Marquis hot tub. We purchased it on April 5th of last year and the installation was great. It took me a bit to get used to the controls but I learned it quickly. When I use the hot tub, I have a lot more mobility. I would tell other people that if they have arthritis, they should definitely get a Marquis hot tub. They're great and I enjoy having it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I liked the hot jets and the MicroSilk of Marquis Spas. When the hot tub was installed, the experience was great. The guys that installed it were fast, nice, and they did a good job. I have a very bad back so it is very nice to get in there. I'd definitely recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Marquis Spas was well-known for having a good warranty and good customer support so I had the tub installed with them. The installation was quick and easy. I use it about three times a week and it's relaxing. The only thing that I didn’t really think about was the cost of the chemicals. It has been more than I anticipated but I have a great hot tub.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

The Marquis installers seemed to know what they were doing and they did it in a timely manner. We've had the hot tub for six months and we hardly use it. It’s uncomfortable for me. When we first got it, it was too hot to go out and now, it’s cold. The tub is light-looking, and the seating would be comfortable if you were a lot taller. I’m not very tall and the one spot in this spa where I can sit and get the massage on my back, my head is under water. My husband is a lot taller than me so for him, it’s perfect. I have to go out and try to find some kind of cushion that has a stand in it so that I can sit on it and not have the cushion float away on me.

Marquis Spas response
We are happy that your Marquis spa is performing well and have some suggestions that may help you. You are not alone in not being able to use every seat because of the depth. Our dealer’s carry a product called Marquis Booster Seat that you can move around to help you sit in seats that may be too deep for you. Please contact your local Marquis dealer and they will be able to help you. They also sell a snug and cozy robe that will help you stay warm as you go back and forth to the hot tub on cold days. On hot days you can decrease the temperature of the water so that it is a little cooler to relax in.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We love our Marquis hot tub. It is a lot more attractive than our previous tub since it’s newer. The other one was a bit older, but it worked fine. It has been six months since we've had the new tub. Everything went well and the service tech got it set up nicely. We look forward going to our lake house for the weekend and enjoy our hot tub. It provides us relaxation in the evenings where we can set out in the lake and the stars at night. It is emotionally soothing.

We had chlorine on the previous tub while we did bromine with the Marquis, and we’ve had more difficulty stabilizing the chemicals on it than we did with chlorine. It's also a little awkward getting in and out of the Marquis due to the design at the bottom of the hot tub. Whenever we step in the tub, there seems to be a rounded surface. There should be a consideration of a step but that might take away from a seat. Other than that, we're considering purchasing another Marquis hot tub at our other home. We researched and they were at the top of our list for the budget we were looking for. We would recommend that people look into them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We had a tub that was nearly 20 years old. We got it used and we really liked it, but we wanted one with more jets. We decided to upgrade our hot tub last winter and we sold our old one. So, I did a bunch of research and I picked the top brands and checked them all out. We got our Marquis in May and the installers did a good job and we were happy. I loved our old hot tub but I like this one better, and I am happy with the one we chose. We noticed that it was definitely more energy efficient than our old one and our electric bill has been lower. Also, I have hip and back problems and it seems to help me a lot. The old one helped, too, but our new one seems to be better. I keep referring people to where we got our hot tub.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Marquis had the spa that we liked and the foot massage feature. We got our hot tub, summer of last year. My husband was very impressed with the installation. They explained everything to him. I use it three times a week. My husband uses it, not as much as I do, but it really helps me with my overall health.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We wanted to put in a pool and when we started with it, my husband talked me into getting a spa. The company that put in our pool was also the one that put in our spa and Marquis was the kind that they carried. The installation team did fine. We got the spa at the end of the year and we've used it a little since then. We're really enjoying it and I would recommend it. My husband and I are retiring, and when we decided to do all this at this point and stage of our life, I thought we had lost our minds. But we love when we get a chance to get in it. My grandkids even like it better than the pool.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We've had a Marquis tub for 10 years now. They did a really good job in installing and it's a wonderful hot tub. It's a good experience indeed. I would highly recommend it to others.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I heard good things about Marquis, and I stopped at the place that I bought it from last July and it worked out. The installers made things easy for me and took care of everything. Moreover, they explained how the tub worked. They were professional, knowledgeable and customer-oriented. The hot tub is very relaxing and I'd recommend buying one.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I had a Marquis tub 10 years ago but in-between, I had a Sundance spa, and the Marquis spa is better in many ways. It compares favorably, but the current one that I have, which is their top-of-the-line, has its disappointments. We have the music and speakers as a part of it but if you sit, you block the speaker. There's also something wrong with the remote, which I think, could have been easily taken care of. There’s an information display on the hot hub, and the display for the radio should be incorporated into that. Rather, they have it on the side where you can’t see it. And even if it wasn’t blocked by the hot tub lid, you'd have to put your head over it and go upside down to see it. It's poorly placed. But that is not the worst problem. The jets are so loose that when you lean up against them, inevitably you will cut them off yourself. Some companies have them where you can barely move them.

It's beyond me that Marquis would let something like these happen. And when I first got the hot tub, I had a guy come out from Marquis and he said the jets would eventually become firmer. It hasn't happened and it has been six months. When you pay $13,000 for a hot tub, it should be perfect from day 1. I didn't have these troubles from my previous Marquis tub. They should absolutely fix the issues. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend them to others. Nevertheless, the therapy is wonderful. The cleanliness of the water is superior to Sundance as well.

Marquis Spas response
We are very sorry to hear that you are frustrated with one of our products. It sounds like you should contact the customer service department because we don’t understand some of your concerns. For example, the speakers are set to the sides of the seats and above the water line specifically so they cannot be blocked while using any of the seating positions in our spas. We also would like to understand what you mean when you say loose jets. Please contact us so that we can better understand the issues you are having and so we can help resolve them for you.

Team Marquis

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

The installers of my Marquis Spas hot tub were knowledgeable. They set the tub up, showed me how it worked and how to take care of it. The installation went smoothly. I enjoy the hot tub and I like the way it makes my body feel no matter what the weather is outside. I enjoy the atmosphere when I’m out there. I’m totally happy and I would surely let others know that this tub is a great addition to any home.

Marquis Spas Company Information

1-800-275-0888
www.marquisspas.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use