It's that easy Request Information
4.58/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? Every Marquis hot tub is world class, delivering a relaxing and enjoyable hydrotherapy experience. From our Signature and Vector21 series to our Celebrity Hot Tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of models to match your therapy needs and budget. Contact us today to obtain more information!

Marquis Spas Video
Marquis Spas Gallery (6)
View More View More

693 Marquis Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 18, 2019

I went to Keyhole Outdoor Living in Casper WYOMING and bought a new Spa, it had a hard time staying hot. Ran all the time!!! I went back to KEYHOLE OUTDOOR LIVING IN CASPER WYOMING and told the sales girl her name is Amanda, that it made a lot of noise and didn't stay hot, and really it was more like warm, I said does Marque make a bigger heating element? She "Amanda" at KEYHOLE OUTDOOR LIVING, IN CASPER WYOMING, said she would check on it, she got me a bigger unit and said I would have to pay for labor, and really the heating unit was broke and according to the Warranty it should have been covered.

The repairman came MILK it. IT was a twenty minute job. Turned into a 40 minute, and charge me for 2 hour job. I will never go there again, and I hope Porter spas in Casper, will take it on trade, But I am for certain they will have trouble selling it, So If you are looking for a Hot Tub/spa DO NOT BUY MARQUIS, What a ripoff. I am not a happy at all. Gary **

Marquis Spas response

Thank you for the review Gary. Keyhole Outdoor Living gave you a heater worth several hundred dollars at no charge even though there was nothing wrong with your heater. They only asked you to pay for the labor to install it which you agreed to do. Heaters will not keep up when it is negative 20 degrees outside and you sit in your tub for several hours. This is not a warranty situation and Keyhole went above and beyond what many other dealer would do just to try and keep you happy with your purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We bought a home which came with a six year-old Epic hot tub. This is a quite large and complex tub, and we had no idea how to get it up and running. I called the local Marquis dealer, and someone came to our home the same day, and walked us through everything we needed to do to bring the back to like-new condition and operation. He brought all of the needed chemicals and taught us how to use them, and how to drain and fill the tub, check its operation, and check and replace any jets. I had to replace several small parts, like some jets and knobs, but they were available at the local store and affordably priced.

I'm very impressed that this six year-old tub is in truly like-new condition; the product is very high quality and the support and parts inventory is outstanding. Now that the tub is up and running, we've been using it every morning. We have our coffee and take half an hour to talk about our upcoming day. It's a very relaxing way to start the day, great for our relationship, and the jets give amazing massages.

Original review: March 8, 2019

After researching several brands online and at dealers, we decided to buy a Marquis Euphoria spa. We purchased it from Bucks County Hot Tubs in Pennsylvania. The buying experience was a pleasure. The spa is excellent. We owned two other big brand spas over the past 20 years. The Marquis spa is far superior to them in quality, comfort and performance. The water is crystal clear with the Frog in-line @ease system and the jets are truly therapeutic. We are confident that we made the right choice with Marquis.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Own an Epic, which looks nice and fit well in the space. Really want to love it. That said, pump 1 has consistently had performance issues. It is supposed to be a pump that has two levels and level 1 is really non-existent. Pump 1, level 2 is okay, but about 3/4 the pressure of pump 2, only a few of the pump 1 controlled jets could be considered "therapeutic massage." Have had service out several times and they are insistent it is performing as well as it can for the design, saying that the pump powers the filters and too many jets versus pump 2. Next, the switch covers are 3M stickers which bubbled up underneath the plastic and then the plastic lifted off at some point and wound up in Pump 1 intake.

We are not frequent users of the tub but are meticulous about pH. The lid does stay closed 98% of the time, which may have contributed to the issue. The stickers have been replaced and the plastic removed from the pump 1 intake, but I doubt the new stickers will last better than the original set (less than 1 year). Regretting the purchase due to these design issues. Own half of a great spa, pump 2 and all those seats work well.

Marquis Spas response

We are sorry to hear you are having an issue. We are happy to help you or the dealer determine the cause of the problem. Please contact Customer Service and they will get to the bottom of the problem.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

The installation was quick and simple. The two men that brought the Marquis tub went through everything with me and it's worked awesome. Having it has caused me to be able to sleep better at night. When I get in the hot tub for about 15 minutes, I sleep more comfortably. If I ever got another one, I would get another Marquis.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

A local dealer from Aqua Pros convinced us that a Marquis spa was the right choice for us. He was very knowledgeable, helpful, and accommodating in getting the hot tub delivered and installed. So far, I'm very satisfied with our decision and we like the hot tub a lot. We like the jet configuration, particularly the long and reclining bed. I use that quite a lot. We've also done the normal maintenance of the water chemistry stuff. I would tell my friends to go take a look at our hot tub and advise them to see if Marquis Spas has got a model that works for them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I love my tub from Marquis Spas. I liked the value and the finishes of their tubs, as well as the therapeutic jets. The installation was a bit of an undertaking, though, because I had to get a crane to run it. Other than that, they did a good job. I've had the tub for about a year and a half now and I use it three to five times a week. I feel refreshed after using it. I took much of the chemicals out of it, so I'm doing drains and cleans more often, but, other than that, I like it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Considering some of its features, we went for a Marquis hot tub over a different brand. However, there was a mix-up on the numbers on the paperwork so the people delivered the wrong one the first time. But they just swapped that out and everything went fine after that. It was an easy fix. I had a good experience with these people, and they answered the questions and knew what they were talking about. I've had the tub for about a year now and have found it be of good quality overall.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I decided to go with Marquis because of the layout of the inside of their hot tub. My experience is not exactly positive though. The jets are very, very strong. And while I can always keep them on lowest it can get, I don't like the LED that lits the buttons. It never goes out, ever. I called the place where I bought it and they said that it's only 10 minutes and I don't have to worry about it. But I hate it because I like it to be dark. The hot tub is out on my deck. Now, I have to have a washcloth covering it because it's so bright, I can't even get out of the tub because it's blinding me. It would be lovely if I could disengage that in some way. Apart from that issue, the Marquis has been a nice hot tub.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I like the texture of the inside of the Marquis tub, which is a textured surface that doesn't look like it needs to be polished, rather than being the shiny fiberglass. However, we had some problems with the Vector series and I'm still having problems with the jets blowing apart. I've talked to the local dealer and he said they haven't come up with a repair. I really like the tub nonetheless.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Our Marquis hot tub is very good. We've had it for about a year and a half now, and we’ve had no trouble with it. My husband enjoys it so it was a good purchase. He has arthritis and the warm water with the jets helps him. Depending on what he’s doing, he will use it everyday or at least a couple of times a week. It was also very easy to have the hot tub installed. It was the perfect size for our deck and that was what stood out for us at the time when we were looking at hot tubs. Plus we liked the way this one looked. It has a really nice look.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Marquis' crew dropped the tub off in the patio, then I had to put it into place. Thus far, my favorite thing about my hot tub is the convenience of being on all the time. It has low energy usage and it takes minimal maintenance. Those are all big plusses. I’ve had a couple of little issues with the digital display, but the Marquis team has been quick to come out and take care of the issue.

The technicians that they usually send out are friendly and they know what they are doing. They get the job done quickly. I’ve been happy with the Marquis tub. We use it about three or four times a week at a minimum, but there are some things about the Marquis that I wish I had noticed or thought about more before I bought it, so I encourage others to shop around a bit more and look for some of the features that I realized I’ve been missing out on with the one I have.

Marquis Spas response

Hello Derek. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new hot tub. We are curious about the features that you feel like you are missing. We would also line to know if the spa is one or our entry level spas, middle range or high end spas so we can better understand the issues. Will you please contact us so we can discuss this with you?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

The Marquis dealer set everything up very thoroughly and explained the process well. The installation only took an hour and a half and it was excellent. I've had Marquis hot tub for about a year now. It is great and we love it.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We liked that Marquis Spas were made in Oregon and we went with them. We did a wet test and sat in a couple of different models. I talked to their reps about the different features and they talked about maintenance. They also talked about the different features that we could upgrade to as well as the installation timeline and requirements. The process was very thorough and we enjoyed interacting with them. Their installers had to install the tub on a deck and when they came, they had enough people to get it done. The tub was easy to set up and we had no issues. Since then, we've been loving the tub. It's fabulous and the tub is everything we had hoped for.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The installation of the Marquis spa went good and the installers were friendly. The interactions that I’ve had with the Marquis team have been good for the most part. However, we have some air bubble concerns. The water level seems to be having more air bubbles than it should have. We are still dealing with the issue, but they have been in contact and the communication has been decent. On the other hand, my interactions with the retailer where I purchased the spa have been very poor, especially the customer service portion of it. It seemed to me like they just wanted to sell the Marquis spa, then wash their hands off any issues that we’ve been having.

Marquis Spas response

Please contact Customer Service so we can help you with this problem. When we hear of this issue it is normally because the spa does not have enough water in it and simply needs to be filled to the proper level.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Marquis had the features that we were looking for. The installation process was excellent. The installers were quick, accurate and they cleaned up. They were very conscious of what they were doing. They had to come back out though because one of the side channels was beveling out and they fixed that. Their reps were very good and they handled the situation quickly. We enjoy it and I love it. Unfortunately, we’re not using it as much as we should. We just need to make more time for it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My last three hot tubs have been Marquis tubs and I've liked their features. The dealer whom I worked with for my tub was very educational in terms of the features and thereafter the installation went very well. However, when I tried ordering some replacement parts for my prior Marquis spa, their team wasn't the most helpful. They seemed to want everything to go through a dealer. Still, I love the quality of the tub I have and the next one will probably be a Marquis again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I've had a Marquis Hot Tub for a year. A salesman recommended it and so far, the quality of the hot tub is good. I like the power of the jets. Also, installing the tub was simple and since it was installed, my wife uses it every other day. I would recommend the Marquis hot tub.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I owned a Marquis that was a much older model. I want the Marquis tub's quality that was why I went with them again. Every spa in the marketplace has its niche. Marquis definitely uses some quality components. But that's definitely not against any other competitors. Because literally, aside from looking at the shell, if you take a tub apart and look at all the parts individually, almost every manufacturer uses the exact same parts, and it’s just a different label on the outside of the box. It’s just Marquis builds stuff a little better.

The guys who came to install the tub had all the cool dollies. They literally unloaded the tub from the truck, set it in position, and they were done in about 20 minutes. We use the tub at least three to four times a week, with the exception of when it’s -5 outside. Also, I bought a module for my tub to do the Wi-Fi control. It’s the same module that’s available for every other spa that’s made that has the Balboa controller on the top of the tub, which is about 80% of the market. It would be cool if the stores just stocked those, and if the store knew what they were. There’s a gap there in the marketplace. I had to go find it on Amazon, then tell my store what the part number was so they would order it for me.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I liked the brand recognition that Marquis have. Their team was knowledgeable, easy to deal with and they were always ready to help. Having the hot tub installed was awesome. I’ve had it for a year now and I’ve been more relaxed. People should go buy one.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We’ve been happy with the setup of our Marquis tub and how it functions. We bought a smaller hot tub. It is more complicated than the other hot tub that we had for a long time because it’s a more advanced model, and there’s a lot more software features in terms of control. But so far, we have no real issues other than trying to learn how to use it properly. We’ve had to call the Marquis people a couple of times. They could improve their customer service. It’s a bit of a pain because I call the main office, and then they tell me to talk to the local guy. So then I have to find the local guy, and he’s very busy, so he doesn’t always get back to me right away. But he is very good.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We love the Marquis Spa hot tub which we’ve had for over a year now. We frequent on it quite a bit when it's cold and enjoy relaxing in my hot tub. I'm suffering from a back injury. It is nice to go sit in there and relax when I'm hurting. The installation was a pretty simple process. They came, they dropped it off, they set it up. The only thing they couldn't do is they couldn't actually connect the wires to the home itself. We liked the fact that the Wish Hot Tub has a different shape. The pump system on it has a better quality. Overall, it is a good hot tub, and I'm impressed with that. They have dealers in town who were quick to respond if there's ever a problem. I have had an issue which they're handling right now. One of the display is peeling up. It's a minor issue, so they're ordering a cover thing for it. Purchasing Marquis Spa is worth it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The Marquis tub is better than the previous brand that I had. It has better controls and I like the design of the seating. It is a six-person tub and it has the lights and a stereo. It was difficult for the guys to do install the tub, but they did a great job doing it.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We liked the previous tub we had a lot. The design of it was a little bit better and easier to get in and out of. But we shopped, and we found Marquis and we’re happy. There wasn’t any hard sell. The salesperson took her time. We climbed in and out of the units and we made even two visits before we made our selection. When we purchased it, it was delivered when it was supposed to, and the old one was carried off. So, I can’t ask for more than that. We’re satisfied customers.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

If you are looking for a hot tub, Marquis is the one to buy. They have the size and price we wanted. Installing the hot tub was very simple. I did it myself and it was easy. I have some back issues and using the hot tub improves my everyday pain level.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We purchased the Marquis spa 2 years ago. If you had asked my experience in the first 5 months of ownership I would have given glowing reviews. In fact I bragged about our purchase to our family and many friends. Then came Winter. We live in Canada. The first Winter the Microsilk pump froze and had to be replaced in the Spring. We were told by our dealer that they were in contact with Marquis about the situation and that this would be resolved. Then came the Winter of year 2. Once again the Microsilk pump froze.

The resolution from Marquis was to install an anti-freeze klixon switch on the plumbing leading to the pump. This switch was plugged into an already existing circuit on the printed circuit board. The very existence of the clearly labeled circuit is an acknowledgment that Marquis knew that the freezing would be an issue. My anger, and frustration is that the response from Marquis is, “TOO BAD, SO SAD” and stuck us with the bill for labor and material. Not to worry. I know the value of social media. I’ll be letting the world know.

Daniel,

All of our units are designed to work in cold climates but there is a limit on how cold it can get before the system can't keep up. All MFG's have the freeze protection port. The reason it is there is so customers and dealers can decide if the sensor is needed if they believe there is a chance that the unit will be in extremely cold conditions and it is widely available. 99% of our units do not require the additional sensor. We apologize this was not explained to you when you purchased your hot tub.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We have Marquis hot tub for a year now. It was recommended to us by a friend and we got it through the local people here instead of Marquis. They were very good and helpful. Each seat of the hot tub that we have is adjustable and I like it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The hot tub looked nice in the showroom and it was on sale too. The sales rep who helped me was very nice. I would recommend Marquis Spas to anybody. We have had the hot tub for two years, and my wife and kids love the whole thing. They are in it all the time.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We had a Marquis tub but we moved and we left it at our old house. We had a used tub at our new house that froze, then we bought a new Marquis tub since I’m familiar with it. I like the fact that they have a plastic base and it’s less prone to rotting so I got it for its durability and longevity, and they have a nice warranty too. Their dealer was great. They knew the product inside and out and they were very flexible in accommodating us with regards to navigating the purchase. There were complexities because it was an insurance claim and they were very, very helpful with that, too.

The quality is good. However, the application is raw and a little lacking in features with the technology done on the WiFi piece. It would be nice to be able to get alarms. We live in Minnesota wherein the tub freezes and turns to garbage so you gotta throw it out and get an insurance claim and that’s very expensive. It’d be nice if they’d have battery back-up with alarm so if for some reason the tub started freezing, you get some kind of alert. Other than that, I like the products that they’ve designed. I’d recommend Marquis.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Marquis was the best fit as far as what we’re looking for with the size, the cost, and everything else. Everything checked the right boxes so, we went with them. My only complaint with our spa right now is the noise level. This one seems a little bit noisy. I do engineering for a living and I deal with sound isolation mounts and I feel that it could’ve been assembled a little bit better, as far as isolating the pumps from the case to achieve a better sound isolation factor if you will. Other than that, we’ve owned the spa for a year and I haven’t had to have any major service or anything yet. I keep the chemistry where it needs to be and I haven’t been experiencing things that I have with other manufacturers with plastic degradation or discoloring or anything like that.

Marquis Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company makes hot tubs and, through its subsidiary Aquatic Training Vessels, swim spas. The company has been in business since 1980 and is headquartered in Independence, Oregon. All its hot tub are manufactured in the United States and are sold at dealerships throughout the country.

• Options: Marquis has dozens of hot tub models ranging from smaller two-person hot tubs to large hot tubs for up to eight people. Models come in square, rectangle, triangle and round shapes. These options let you choose the size and shape that best meets your needs.

• Filtration system: Marquis has two proprietary systems to keep the water in your spa clean: the ConstantClean water management system and SmartClean filtration system. These systems use ozone, natural minerals and bromine cartridges to sanitize water and eliminate odors.

• Ambiance options: You can choose a Marquis hot tub model with a variety of ambiance options to make your spa time more enjoyable. Options include LED lighting, WiFi audio systems, waterfalls and more.

• External accessories: Marquis manufactures and sells stairs and decks to put around your hot tub; they call these Marquis Environments. Environments make it easier to get in and out, offer storage and add to the appearance of your hot tub.

• Local dealers: You can buy Marquis hot tubs from dealers around the country. Visiting a local dealer means you’ll likely be able to see hot tubs in person before making your decision. Go to the Marquis website to find your local dealer.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Marquis Spas Company Information