Call toll free
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to buy a hot tub? From our Signature series tubs, Vector21 to our eSeries and Celebrity hot tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of hot tubs in order to help you find the one that is right for you. No matter the model, Marquis hot tubs can assure you will have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Contact us today to obtain more information!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 19, 2017

75 Marquis Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Marquis was the only one that replied to my email so I went with them. The installation was pretty easy. They showed up on time and did a good job. It's about a year now since I bought the hot tub from Sonoma Backyard. When a piece broke, they drove down and replaced it. Overall, my experience with Marquis Spas was fairly straightforward.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We had our old hot tub for 17 years and it was very good but our Marquis tub is much better. Cedar Works, our hot tub provider is outstanding. The owner was very personable and he's the one mainly that we deal with. Every time we went to buy supplies over the years, he was in there. The installation of the Marquis tub went very smooth and I watched the whole thing. The two fellows that brought it in were extremely efficient. They knew what they were doing and they did it.

My wife uses the tub a lot more than I do. She has rheumatoid arthritis and the tub helped her a lot. But then she had a back operation a month ago and she hasn’t been able to go into it for that period of time because we didn’t want to take any chance of infection. All the grandkids, 21 of them, they come up here every summer, caught their first fish and learned to water ski. When they come out of the lake, they all pile in the hot tub. They like all the extra jets and things and they play with them. It was a very enjoyable experience all the way through and still is.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We researched a lot on hot tubs and I like the quality and the warranty on Marquis Spas. It's also what Swimrite carries in our area, so I knew there wouldn't be an issue if something went wrong. They came out and stuck it on the deck for us. We paid about five times more for it than the one we previously had, but Marquis' so much nicer. We jump in the tub at least once a day and when we go to the bed, it takes the aches and pains of the day away. Their staff's great every time I talk to them. A guy at Swimrite called me up once just to check in on us. Marquis' not top of the market but they're right up there for price so I would tell people to go with one.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

We went with Marquis Spas because of the durability and price. The installation was great and very easy. It took less than five hours.The installers were very patient. Personally, the hot tub has been very therapeutic. It speeds up the healing process. I am super excited about it. My only gripe is the headrest. It looks cheap. One of the little snap-ins have popped off already and the headrest came off. I got to figure how to drill it out, so I can buy a new headrest and stick it in there. Other than that, I would do it again. It's a great tub with a great price and it's super easy to maintain.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

It was a crappy experience with Spa Brokers but I love the Marquis Spas hot tub. We went in and told them that we were interested in buying a hot tub. I wanted one that doesn’t take any other chemicals or anything like that, and he told me, “Oh, no big deal. You never have to do the pH and things. You put two bottles on the corner of the spa right here, and it takes care of itself.” So, I bought the hot tub and I paid cash which was probably my fault.

The guys that moved it in handed me a bucket and said, “Fill it up. Here you go”, pretty much. That was not supposed to happen so I called Spa Brokers. They said they’ll give me $50 store credit which I said I didn’t want. Spa Brokers lied to me about sticking two bottles in the corner, and the delivery guys didn’t show me how to use the tub at all so I had to figure it out myself. Something happened to the hot tub that I had to spend four hours scrubbing it and I had to call another company to install a $600 system that did what I wanted to do. I was told me that the system I'm using now is totally different and I don’t use any of those chemicals. They have a light that the water goes through and it cleans itself, like a UV system. You just add 16 ounces of something twice a week and it's perfect every time you get in it. It's the same hot tub that I bought from Spa Brokers but I had to have them install that UV system so I could have it the way I wanted it.

The Marquis brand is perfect and we like the color. My wife picked everything out that she wanted inside and outside. The tub works great and I’ve got no complaints after I got the system I wanted. It helps me to sleep and I love everything about it. I'm a disabled veteran and I've had three back surgeries, waiting for my fourth. That’s part of the reason we got it. It was just the place, Spa Brokers, where I bought it from that sucked as they sold me a hot tub exactly like I didn’t want. I was going to buy a sauna from them too but after they did that to me, I don’t think so.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I was told that Marquis was a better brand. We had our Marquis tub since July and I like it. However, installation was a little bit time-consuming because we have a patio enclosure. They had to come and take the doorframe out, so our tub could fit in where I wanted it to be. Since installation, we get in our hot tub just about every day. Marquis is the best investment for your health and it's very therapeutic.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My husband is 6'4" and I’m 5 feet tall. So, we needed a tub that was going to fit us both and be comfortable and Marquis Spas had the best fit. We bought our spa from Spa Brokers in April and it went pretty well. They gave us some assistance to set it up. It would have been better if they have stayed a little longer to help us with the chemicals. But that was okay. Spa Brokers has been good since then with giving help because neither one of us are good chemists. We have the in-line system and it’s taken a little bit of time to get used to how often stuff needed to be done. But we have gotten used to it a little more. I use the tub at least two times a week and sometimes more. I have arthritis pretty bad and I appreciate the tub. It has been a really nice product. It's been good for the money with good value.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I went in to the spa store and the Marquis spa was the one we liked. We had the Phoenix for many years and we're used to it. The Marquis was a little bit different and so it's taking some getting used to with the settings. I have a heck of the time changing the temperature on it. I have the book out beside me and I'm pressing here and there and it'll change, and then it goes right back. It keeps heating instead of lowering. My neighbor came over and I was showing her. She did exactly the same thing I did and it lowered. We also had trouble hooking up the electrical. I have a friend who's a licensed electrician so he came over and was doing it. He had to stop and call twice because there were things that were a little bit different.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I had my Marquis spa installed just this summer. The installation went easy and the installers were great. They were willing to work with the timing as far as after we got the set up ready for drop-off. And they were flexible about installing it surrounded by a deck because working with it is the best way to do that. I like how the seats were set up and that it has the right number of places. It seemed like a good set up. Also, one of the salespeople at the store said that her parents had owned this kind of spa for a long time and they're happy with it. It's definitely nice to be able to warm up after you swim even in the summer. I would recommend Marquis Spas. But I wish that things were a little clearer because I'm still not sure how all the buttons work.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I’ve had my Marquis hot tub for about eight months now, and I like that you can switch out the jets and the panel and the control panel is facing inwards. The installation went great and easy. The installation team was very helpful. They got the tub set up quickly and it has been very good interaction. We enjoy the hot tub. We could use it at least several times a week, and it’s very relaxing. It's nice, easy to use, and easy to maintain. I would recommend Marquis Spas. They were very customer-oriented and the product is user-friendly and high-end.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

My dealer spoke very highly of Marquis. The installation was very good. The crew was very informative and professional. I had to make a couple of changes after the delivery and then they had to come back and finish it up. My surface wasn't level but everything went really well. I’ve been using the Marquis tub for about four months now and it definitely helped my sore muscles and in relaxing. It’s a very good quality product and I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We replaced a very old hot tub that the previous owner had. We wanted to make sure that our Dad had a really good spa experience when they come to out rental home. Marquis was a really high quality and high-end spa. The company in Brookings sold us the hot tub. It was installed on the day they said it would be, and the work's great. It's a high quality product and we like it a lot, but we wish that the light on the control panel could be turned off. I want to see the sky and stars at night and I can turn the lights off inside the hot tub but I can't turn the control panel lights off.

Also, we purchased a feature where the tub can be controlled remotely but it did not work out well. The company in Brookings tried to fix it and they even helped us move the WI-FI and everything else in the house to be closer, but it doesn't seem to work. We have to be there to get the tub to link up and it's virtually impossible for us to use it. We don't live there and the whole point was so that we could turn the spa down after the people check out because they tend to leave it at full blast. But overall, we're satisfied and happy with Marquis.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Marquis had a product that nobody else had as round hot tubs were so rare. We were looking specifically for a round hot tub and Marquis had a higher quantity of jets than any of the round ones. We were happy to also find that the reviews were good in the research we had done on the company. However, in order to get a Marquis tub, we had to go with the company out of Austin because there wasn't a local distributor in the Houston metro area. That surprised me because Houston is such a big city, but we were very satisfied with that company out of Austin. We did have to pay additional to get that Marquis tub as we had to have it delivered from a long distance, but it was well worth it. The sales process, as well as the manufacturing quality, was good and they got it set up.

I had interactions with the Marquis team over the phone when we were trying to find a distributor first. I had one company I had called but they said the tub that we were looking for was discontinued. I called Marquis to find out if there's some other distributor that already has this in stock and I could get it from them, and they were very helpful. They said the product is still being manufactured and that they’ll call the company that I talked with and clear up any misunderstanding. The Marquis tub has impacted our lives tremendously. I have rheumatoid arthritis and so it's been a huge asset to us. It makes a big difference and I'm probably in the tub twice a day. Everything has been a positive experience for us and we would do it again. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We bought our Marquis spa from the same place we've always done business with for six years. The installers were always friendly and on time. They came, put the tub in and did a great job. We love our spa and it helps my husband with his back and knee.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

The features and quality of the Marquis were better than those of its competitors. The team was very easy to get along with and the installation was very smooth and professionally done. We’ve had the hot tub since May this year, and we use it every day and it's very therapeutic. I would highly recommend Marquis Spas.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

We’ve had our Marquis hot tub for about six months now and my wife really loves it, she gets in it daily. We built a deck for it and the installation went pretty well, the tub just slid up on there. We had everything ready to go and it was easy to start the operation of it. The tub seems pretty good so far but I'd like to see over the long haul if the pumps hold up. The tub appears to be well made, structurally strong and can work well. But some others may have looked like that initially as well. The Marquis was quite a bit of money compared to others that we saw. But the dealer whom we dealt with was fairly reliable so we took it on faith from them that the tub would be a good investment over the long term. It seems to be worth the money though.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

We had a Coleman before but our Marquis hot tub has a lot more features on it. We’ve been using Marquis for about six months now and everything has been great. The installation took a couple of hours since they removed the old tub and then they put in a pipe. The people from the installation team were very courteous and they showed us everything that we needed to know. Then we had the team from Professional Pool & Spa come out and close it down for the winter. I highly recommend Marquis Spas.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I got my Marquis Spas hot tub from a place in Tunkhannock called Nature’s Creations last December. My wife and daughter like it. My daughter has Lyme disease and it has helped her the most. That's the main reason I bought it. The heat and the massage help her. One time, a piece popped out of the socket and the waterfall jumped out. Then one of the clamps was loose and the tub had a little air leak in it. I called, the lady sent the mechanic out and he fixed it. He did an excellent job. The only thing we had problems with was the chemical they introduced us to. It had something to do with copper and I was allergic to it. We changed chemicals and went with two different mixtures. I emptied the tub out, cleaned it, filled it back up and it's been okay.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I saw Marquis Spas at the Alameda county fair and talked to a guy about them. I knew I wanted one, but I wasn't ready to buy one yet. So I took some information from him and did a ton of follow-up. I compared different models and the one that I wanted was a Marquis. There were some of the stylings I liked better with the Marquis. I also liked their e-Series and midrange tubs because I didn't need 100 jets. I'm kind of a mid-tier guy and I wanted a median amount of jets in my tub so I got that. I went with the e-Series because I felt that fits what I was looking for. The installation went great and my kids love the tub. I'm really happy with it and I haven't had any issues. I work a physical job as a park ranger and it's nice after a long day to sit there and soak, especially for my feet. The foot jets were another driving force behind buying a hot tub and it has been really nice. Marquis makes a good product and I highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Marquis is local and they have one of their stores in Hermiston as the closest one around here. We've had our tub for about four months. We got what they had in stock. And they were available to put the LED piece on, and they had the heavy duty LED in stock. The dealer mounted the top bracket before he brought it out so we can fold the LED up, and it's pretty convenient. They hauled the tub out here and we slid it off the trailer and I wired it in.

The guy from Marquis was here the first day. We set the tub up and then we built a deck around it. And when we got there with the deck, we raised it up about four 4 inches. So, it's half above the deck and half below it, and it sits down about halfway in the deck, so it's very easy to get in and out of. Also, the seat in the corner is about the same height as the floor for the deck. I use our hot tub four times a week. It gave me a place to soak my shoulders, which was one of the big things. I'd recommend Marquis Spas if somebody asks me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Marquis makes round spas and the previous one that was in the deck was round. The previous owner installed it for us, so it was super easy for me. They had to do a lot of work with the deck that he had built because we didn't use the company that we bought it from. But everything's been fine and it's been a good experience with Marquis Spas. I love having a hot tub. It's a silly wonderful luxury. I'd recommend Marquis Spas.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I liked the availability of the product we liked at Marquis and everything went fine when we had it installed. I’ve had to call, but their reps were helpful and good over the phone. This is our first hot tub and all the features are good. Early on, I tried to use it a whole lot and it’s been relaxing. Everything’s going well and I’d recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I got a hot tub for Marquis. We use it every morning and we love it. The rep that I dealt with was nice, straightforward and gave us a decent deal. The guy who installed it also did a good job. He assembled the cover and the thing that holds the cover up. He also gave me some chemicals which I don't use a lot. It's been good, but it's a little different than the other one that I had, which we left in our old house when we moved. My other one was a five-man tub and was 220, while the one from Marquis is only a two-person and is 110. I think I paid too much for it because of that. The Marquis one also loses heat fast. It seems that the heater on it is always running, it’s always trying to heat itself back up. It's one of my biggest complaints with the tub. With my other one, it heats up and it stays warm for quite a while.

The Marquis one can't run on high speed and have the heater on at the same time. If I run the jets, it loses heat fast and it will drop down to 98 quickly. But I understand that since it's only 110. The one who installed it told me that the unit can be converted to 220, so I may look into that in the future. But right now, I don’t want to spend the money on it. But the other tub was wasn’t as fancy as this one. In general, it's a nice tub and we like it a lot. I'm pretty happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I always had a hot tub in every home I had and as far as immediate setup, Marquis was great. I use it every other day. Their salesperson was a young lady who should own the place. She was great, knowledgeable, didn’t push anything and didn’t oversell. Also, their installation team was friendly and knew what they were doing. They advised me of how to get the electricity out to run the wire under and they didn’t leave me hanging. Going to the warehouse was great too. Overall, they have great customer service and I will recommend them. Outstanding.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I sold my home and the house I bought didn't have a Jacuzzi built into it. Marquis happened to have the kind of tub that was closer to the ground, and I kind of liked it. Marquis' product is a lot smaller than the one I had, and it's the only thing I don't like. But I was going to put one in, and it wasn't really a necessity. It’s been a year since I had Marquis and the process was straightforward. The installation team came over and they were here very long. They filled the tub up and told me when to turn it off and what's put in it and showed me the basics of how to work it. They took care of the installation and off they went. The hot tub is a good product, and it is easy to use and maintain. It's nice having it, and it is so relaxing and I really enjoy it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I have very limited space and Marquis had the size that I wanted. I've owned the hot tub for six months and I use it three times a week. The Marquis rep has been very responsive and incredible. However, they should have spent more time with me on how the tub works. I broke the cover because I didn’t even know how to open it. Also, the tub's jets aren’t strong enough. There’s also not a Marquis rep in our local area. I had to travel to go to somebody and if something broke, the rep is 50 miles away. Other than that, the tub makes me more comfortable.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

We were interested in a hot tub and as we were driving around in New Hampshire, we went to a distributor and bought a Marquis tub. The tub I had previously was on a cement floor so it was floor level and was a lot more convenient, but it wasn't as big as the Marquis. The delivery guys were excellent and during the installation, the team delivered the tub to a very intricate spot. We went up on a screened porch. We've had the tub for three months now and it's nice to sit in it and I like that it’s hot.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I've had a hot tub from Marquis for six months. I looked at a couple of other brands but went with Marquis due to their price. We had originally decided to purchase it at the annual housing garden show. We were told it would be eight weeks before the tub comes in. And we had to remodel the room it was going into so that was fine. The first hot tub that came wouldn't fit down our stairwell even though I gave the dealer the dimensions. We had to wait another eight weeks to get a model that fits. When it came in, we received no communication and I wouldn't have known it was in if I hadn't called. So, it was disappointing. The crew that showed up to install it was very good. They gave me the rudiments of care and left me with a box of chemicals and a couple of books, and that was the last I heard of them. I wouldn't do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We're happy with our Marquis spa. It's bigger than our old one. It has been running well and I don't have any complaints. However, there's only one area where you can step down into which is the feet in the corner. The only other way you can enter the hot tub is if you have long legs and you step down quite a way into the tub. The kids going into it all have to go through that seat area and if someone's sitting there it distracts away from everything.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I’ve always had Marquis and I’ve always liked it. I used another hot tub brand in the past, and though it lasted me a long time, it wasn’t self-cleaning like the Marquis is, and I've always liked that. We've had this one less than a year so far and everything went well when it was installed. I had it rigged or set up when I built the back deck for just that purpose because I knew I’d have to change it sooner or later. I made everything so that I could take it apart and take the fence down. They just brought it right in and set it right up there.

The recent Marquis rep is really personable and he tells you a lot of stuff that you want to hear, but then he doesn’t follow through. When I still had the old tub, I needed a new top slate where the controls were. Everything came off and you couldn’t see anything anymore and you’d see lights. I wanted a new one and he said, “No problem. I’ll get you one.” Time went by and I never got a call. I asked him and he said, “What are you talking about?” So, he just kind of blew it off. There were a couple other little ones, but he was a nice enough guy and maybe he’s just forgetful. Nevertheless, my newest hot tub is nice and it hasn’t changed from the way it was before. The only thing I really don’t like about Marquis is they don’t have the drain at the very bottom, so you have to bail out four gallons of water. But overall, they’re good spas. We love our Marquis hot tub and I enjoy it.

Marquis Spas Company Information